Speaker 1: In there, folks. Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 2: Stop with his business, smart talks like a bro.
Speaker 3: Matt and Dustin joined him just for the fun, and Lord.
Speaker 2: Dustin SIPs his beer.
Speaker 3: Scott's got his notes, They share fat jokes, talk like they own spots rimig He's got its own. In the sports talk show, Scott's the captain, Matten, Dustin. They know Bruce might be missing, but they still make it fun, fat jokes and drinks.
Speaker 2: They keep it light and run. Send me pro.
Speaker 4: Sports talking Bermichie MINISODAA talk like Dick's fat jokes.
Speaker 2: It's all in the motion.
Speaker 4: Scott leads the way with his business degrees, dust and drinks, and last they make it all agreed.
Speaker 2: Matt's not the smartest budd He's got his part.
Speaker 4: Scott and Dustin they keep the conversation shot, beer, belly and Brainstein makes it all up.
Speaker 2: Send me pro a sports talk It's never you tough.
Speaker 4: Dustin's got his drink, Scott's got his script, Matt Scott his jokes.
Speaker 2: They never get stuck.
Speaker 4: They talk Mike Brews though they're not fat jokes and Beard, they've got it all bought.
Speaker 5: Scott's gootting know how Matt got the jokes.
Speaker 4: Dustin's got the shrink, the chieve it hot and cozy.
Speaker 3: The Nitchie's got it sold in this sports talk show.
Speaker 2: Talk like Dick's fat jokes. It's all in the flow. Saves he throw a sports talk in.
Speaker 4: Then Gi Minnesota Fock liked its.
Speaker 2: Fat jokes it's all in emotion.
Speaker 5: Scott leaves away with.
Speaker 4: Their business degrees, Dustin Jos and last.
Speaker 2: They make it all greed.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter where you are. This is be a really sports compantee from the Runway Lounge just south Bamidge and Narry, Minnesota. My name's Mac Geffrey. And then to my immediate left left hander himself bats left, throws left. I think he bowls left handed, correct, Scott Wilson.
Speaker 7: The only things I do right hander or play guitar and golf.
Speaker 6: Oh. And then at the very far end of the bar, another left hander throws left. I think bats left. Not quite. Try'll see him bat very often. But uh it is traut Caru. Hi buddy, you just buddy me again to start the show. Hi, sexy.
Speaker 7: Baby Alan Jackson.
Speaker 6: It is baby, Oh good one, baby Alan Jackson or Alan Jackson. Joel boll left handed as well. Okay, I just want to make sure.
Speaker 7: You know you put him in the mesh cowboys jersey and you got nineteen nineties with.
Speaker 6: A strong cowboy hat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I bet you he's got some.
Speaker 6: Get a little bit closer your mic for that one.
Speaker 5: For this one. Yes, I can't hear myself again, so.
Speaker 6: I can't hear you, honey. No she wants to a fire piro. No, not unless I'm out there tools and brush my teeth.
Speaker 5: That is not.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm done now, trying to get to the humming. It's somewhere. I think it's that one Travis's. I'm gonna fix his real quick while we're doing this live. Anyways, I hope we're having a good day. It is Thursday instead of Friday instead of well, the show Wednesday Wednesday? Will we normally do it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Weird? Is that better more or less?
Speaker 7: Or is it the with the fitting good now?
Speaker 5: I don't think it's with the fitting Well, I can't hear myself again.
Speaker 6: It is a setting in that one. Anyways, great show switch switch headphones might as well so you can at least hear yourself, but also sucks for it.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 6: So we are streaming on our Facebook page, YouTube, and Twitter, otherwise known as X. As Travis would.
Speaker 7: Say, it will always be to.
Speaker 6: It will always be Twitter no matter.
Speaker 7: What, just like Circle K will always be Holiday.
Speaker 5: That's right, absolutely not it's x.
Speaker 7: Gen X or gen Z's that's crazy. Not a millennial, you're twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ninety eight, I was born. I think I am technically gen Z.
Speaker 7: But don't you would be like a tweeer, just like Matt and I were with between gen X and Millennial. We're in that in between stage two.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't baby boomers?
Speaker 7: No, okay, thanks, thanks the gray hair my say otherwise, yeah.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Boomer, get that a lot too.
Speaker 7: Okay, Boomer, if you weren't so crabby all the time, I'm not crabby.
Speaker 6: I mean, Travis is the one who is. Anybody on the network is crabby. It is Travis me. Yeah, no, dokay, okay.
Speaker 5: Maybe this guy here, you know what, I'll throw the hand up for a lot of things, but that is not one. I'm the happiest, go lucky person I've ever met. I'd ever pay every day when I look in that mirror.
Speaker 7: It depends on who or what is going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's very true.
Speaker 7: Wait, Matt said something earlier. I was like, well, if you weren't a dumbass, I wouldn't have to call you out on it.
Speaker 5: See if he's I mean something like that, Yeah, I'm gonna get pissed. I get it.
Speaker 6: Anyways, today's show is being brought.
Speaker 5: You by Oh you went to me off the bat. Yeah, Seventh Avenue Pizza pizza before it was trendy, available at your local circle K locations and a bunch of places in the cities. As I've learned, fantastic pizza.
Speaker 7: Angie's Acres down in ach in Minnesota. Check them out at Angie's acresmn dot com. Get on the delivery list and get you some of the freshest Wago beef regularly beef, chicken, pork, veggies. And they're opening their own butcher shops, so it's gonna literally be from farm to table.
Speaker 6: I love that awesome being brought to my herbitt Gerbert's here and the Midgie there. It is. They cater as well too, didn't if we did not know? They cater a bunch of food. So we're having event, let's say a football party.
Speaker 7: When company Christmas party come.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when's the Jeff Reproduction Christmas Party?
Speaker 7: You got multiple shows across networks.
Speaker 6: Now I do. We're gonna get them all together on Home.
Speaker 7: On boss Man. Open up that wallet.
Speaker 5: I heard I heard its open bar.
Speaker 7: Oh for a here, you might know a guy that cano might know.
Speaker 5: A couple of times, yeah, he'll be giving us like these old expired beers. No, I want to do that, so in case you got a deal on them though.
Speaker 6: If you did.
Speaker 7: If you didn't know, you can go to Safari and cast Lake and they sell expired beer cheap. It's like ten bucks for a case.
Speaker 5: No, we saw there's other areas, Hey Lake, few liquor in town here. They were doing it with Miller High Life Sam in the case of it, Yeah, for like thirteen dollars.
Speaker 7: My ex wife's brother and I used to go over to Safari and I would buy like bud Select and hey, it quit buzzing.
Speaker 5: I literally just hit the micro now I can hear myself. It stopped buzzing. Okay, this is insane.
Speaker 7: It's insane because a lot of times Bruce will hit that cord and it'll cut in and out and he's like, I'm not doing.
Speaker 5: It, obviously, touch it every time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nobody get like bud Select the black Yeah, but yeah, or for like yeah, it was maybe like a month expired, but it's like ten bucks. Sure, perfect tastes is the case.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 7: Bottles, no cans.
Speaker 6: Can I think bottle tapes over it.
Speaker 7: But you could see a lot of times, like at the end of summer, you could get a lot of like the seasonal stuff.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. We just went down this hole after Herbert and Gerber's. Yeah. Anyways, Next and next sponsors soa stick. I don't know why Matt gave me this.
Speaker 6: I did, Scott wrote it down.
Speaker 7: I didn't change that one.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, soda stick. So if you have there's it's made by Minnesota's four Minnesotas. They have a lot of great stuff that's coming out. They have the Wall of St. Paul, which is so to stick to that you get twenty percent off. We use a promo code beer belly. Isn't fifteen sorry, that's what it was, fifteen percent off. We use a promo code beer Belly on all your purchases on sodastick dot com.
Speaker 5: And if you need a reference. Bruce has some pretty sick underwear.
Speaker 7: He's got lots of shirt.
Speaker 6: He does socks.
Speaker 5: His hats are cool. He's got a good hat game.
Speaker 7: He's a brave man wearing a white hat.
Speaker 5: Though I would never know it would I mean, look what happened to this hat?
Speaker 6: Them didn't take long.
Speaker 7: Also the beautiful nob and Kettle, which is nestled quaintly down in Lake Alice, which is between Lake George and Lake Itasca. They just did or is it coming up breakfast with sant No, that was this weekend, past week, so that's done. But check them out, get some gift certificates, speak of that stocking stuff and it's they got the best prime rib in the area, the best had. Also their friend tips are really good too.
Speaker 6: I got the beer belly Sportsburger so good.
Speaker 7: You guys got a burger named after you only when we're there.
Speaker 5: So they're not changing men, and they should.
Speaker 7: It's a special when we do live on location.
Speaker 6: What happened soon shot? But I know there's it's beer batter, No, it's beer, cheese and a burger.
Speaker 7: And then like the wasn't there some kind of sauce on it?
Speaker 6: There is? And I think it's also like what's the onions or crunch onions, have frenches, onions maybe barely touch it.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 6: Anyways, but yeah, it's that's a beer really sportsburger. And it's amazing. Who else we brought to you by man being brought to you by home choice right here in Bamigi. If you're looking to get any appliances, kitchen stuff like you know, a washer dryer, a new couch, TV, even brand new tires, a laptop like this laptop that we have got it from home choice, go inside of the store and say beer Belly Sports and get one hundred dollars off on your purchase right here in Bumigi.
Speaker 7: In store only, in store only. And finally, Paul Onion Communications probably powering the Beer Belly Sports now for almost two years almost with the gig zone.
Speaker 5: A zone.
Speaker 7: It kind of threw me off because we didn't do a cold opening. We just jumped right in it.
Speaker 6: It's really tough to do cold openings for like live for live shows. So I thought about that too, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, that was also the craziest long ad read I've ever been.
Speaker 6: Birrel, This is what happens when we get to the three hour shows, just right right, Well.
Speaker 7: That's why we're putting timers on the six pack.
Speaker 5: Well we bumped it up to now you now I'm the idiot.
Speaker 7: Finally you're from.
Speaker 5: Coming from the intellectual from ground trappings.
Speaker 7: Hey, I can't say too much hiving. Did just be drafteds for hockey?
Speaker 5: Yes, they did.
Speaker 6: Anyways, So let's dive in. Do you want to get right in to the show.
Speaker 7: Let's just get right way.
Speaker 5: It's not midnight.
Speaker 1: When we're done, it's time for the sports six packs from Team sermac real Estates. Just like your favorite Minnesota team. You need someone who knows how to close, ft, sell, move, win with Bryce Primo and the image area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine or send an email to Premonition Free sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 6: All right, so this first one is gonna be the Minnesota Twins, Who're gonna win Twins. We're going to score, We're going to fuck up and not score any runs.
Speaker 5: You come up with that on your own.
Speaker 6: Wow, No, that's one of the originals. Anyways.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, so anyways, Yeah, they finally finally announced who one of the two minority ownership groups are and basically it sounds like it's a debt accusation for a minority stake. Great, good, Well, so what it is is they're buying equity to pay off some.
Speaker 5: Of the debt.
Speaker 6: Well that, uh, that does check out.
Speaker 7: And it's so they've only announced one of the two minority groups and it's Minneapolis based Veritay Partners, which is a worldwide, multi billion dollar investment corporation. Oh yeah, so whatever the hell that does.
Speaker 5: Dude, let's not pretend like they're still they're gonna be gonna But then I thought, of course, this is just headlines and whatnot.
Speaker 7: This is now. They said they're gonna spend money this offseason. Oh that would I would believe it when it happens.
Speaker 6: Should do it over under how much they're gonna spend twenty dollars they have over one hundred million to spend, but which doesn't make sense because the base one doesn't have a cap so I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's just what they've budgeted.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we'll say one hundred million dollars isn't that much.
Speaker 7: No, that's buckets.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it is, but not like pet A Long finalizing his deal for one hundred and fifty five million goers with the Orioles, not the Twins.
Speaker 7: Which we talked about that yesterday. I was I was kind of happy to see the Orioles. You put him Henderson and Holiday that's yeah, I third of your lineups.
Speaker 5: He's a little bit out of his prime right now. I think but I think he'd be a good veteran leader for that young group.
Speaker 6: They have a lot of young people.
Speaker 7: But you know, going from New York and the glitz and glam and the high pressure that is New York, the high tax rate, well that too, but you think he would have went to somebody that would be more considered ad.
Speaker 5: I think they the Orioles are if.
Speaker 7: They well they heal. They went from one hundred wins two years ago to last year just right, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: But I mean most of their key players were hurt on and off all year two. Similar what if you're talking about the Twins, that's just not true. They were bad. Buxton played his like second most games ever for once, and they were still terrible.
Speaker 7: And now he's publicly saying that he'll waive his trade class, which so surprised me at all.
Speaker 6: Was gonna yeah, yeah, no trade boss, which blows my mind, like we talked about it months ago, saying that, yeah, wait till Bruce calls it, which is is And then I reported a ted ted Swtzler. I asked him the question, I said, what are the odds are that he'll trade Joe Ryan? He says, if.
Speaker 5: They, if they do him fucking out on them.
Speaker 6: So I posted on Twitter tons of retweets saying Ted doesn't know. Ship just kept going through and it was mind like that he were just dicks. Okay, yeah, they're not trading them now. It's not the summer yet. Wait till the summer hits.
Speaker 7: Well, a lot of times you'll get deals and stuff happened in the winter meetings, which is going on soon.
Speaker 6: I think it's going on right now because I know they're in.
Speaker 7: Which is kind of surprising because granted Ryan is younger than Pablo, but you don't hear Pablo's name mentioned, and.
Speaker 5: Because he's not that good.
Speaker 7: Well he wouldn't. He wouldn't be an ace.
Speaker 5: On He's not an ace on the Twins.
Speaker 7: So yeah, they finally announced their new ownership group, one of the two of the the other one I would expect to hear pretty soon now too, since they've got it out there finally, what you know, why why? But yeah, anyways, we're gonna rapid fire our six pack man that wants to cut down our showtime.
Speaker 6: Three hours a little too long.
Speaker 5: You guys are a three hour show.
Speaker 6: We do go.
Speaker 7: We're usually about fifteen.
Speaker 6: Before I forget on the Twins. We do have a shot bet that Scott put up here. No, Matt says, Joe Ryan will be traded this off season.
Speaker 7: Why would you speak that into existence by April, by spring training?
Speaker 6: But yeah, so by April. Yeah, it says by April if they said.
Speaker 5: If they do, I will gladly take a shot of that.
Speaker 7: If he loses, he has to finish that.
Speaker 6: So why did you do more shot bets Travis?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not after not after Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Oh, he paid up on Tuesday. He did all until three. He didn't do it right, right in a row.
Speaker 5: He did it like it was within fifteen minutes. I thought that idea.
Speaker 6: I talked to the lady at buck Track's shout out.
Speaker 5: She said that the.
Speaker 6: Person who brought it in the company brought it in. They had a tasting. Two bottles have sold. Yeah, Bruce gets his beer from there. That came from Bruce. I guarantee that is one of the two bottles.
Speaker 7: It came from that fucking so they're going to give it back whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at it. It looks like a bottle. It looks like using motor oil. It's so bad. I was gonna say something else. Yeah, it looks like something coffee. Yeah, that comes out of someone who drank twenty beers the night before and a pot of coffee the morning.
Speaker 7: And had taco bell for breakfast.
Speaker 5: Yes, why are you discussing my stuff?
Speaker 6: Because that's literally what that would have been.
Speaker 5: If you want to know what we're talking about, just ask Matt Jeffrey for a snap.
Speaker 7: It's called North Dakotas.
Speaker 6: Not looking good? All right, next beer, next beer. It is the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 5: Go Wolves. Haven't watched a single minute.
Speaker 6: Same, I'm not a Wolves fan. I won't watch any basketball till maybe playoffs, and I don't really care unless it's the Wolves.
Speaker 7: They are oh shit, it cleared out on me. But I can easily get.
Speaker 5: It good or good. They're pretty good, pretty okay.
Speaker 6: They're okay, they're doing all right. I'm not too Like I said, for the people, we don't really talk anything basketball.
Speaker 7: They are fifteen and nine currently and in December so far they are four and one.
Speaker 6: Okay, so not bad.
Speaker 5: So they're having a year like they have the last what two or three years? Kind of yeah, kind of sort of not.
Speaker 7: Really right now, they're still in sixth place, so they wouldn't be in a play in game scenario.
Speaker 5: I mean they're only how many games, you say, fifteen.
Speaker 7: And what fifteen and nine.
Speaker 5: So they're only twenty six games then.
Speaker 7: Right, Ant is averaging twenty eight almost twenty nine points.
Speaker 6: He's reason why they're doing good.
Speaker 7: Randall's got almost twenty three points a game. McDaniels is fifteen and a half, Nas is thirteen and a half, the Vincenzo's thirteen.
Speaker 5: He's eleven. I'm what a waste of space.
Speaker 7: Bruce's favorite day.
Speaker 5: I hate Rudy Gobert. Not because he's French either, if that's what you were thinking, Well, he's just bad at basketball.
Speaker 7: He's averaging a double double game though, Okay.
Speaker 6: It's like ten ft tall.
Speaker 7: Bruce's biggest scrape is that he can't catch a pass.
Speaker 5: He can't dribble or shoot or catch a pass. All he can do is literally maybe sometimes grab a rebound.
Speaker 7: So yeah, right now they're fifteen to nine, sixth place in the West.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 7: This would switch here.
Speaker 5: I mean, I hope they do good. I don't follow him at all through the regular season, but they're watching them in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: They're eight and four at home, seven and five. On the road, three and three in the Division ten and eight in the conference. They are six and four in the last ten though, So they've started out December better than they end in November.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so.
Speaker 6: Early December or mid December, now that's eleven.
Speaker 5: They're just not really a team to get like super high on, you know, like you can follow them. That's great.
Speaker 7: I usually don't watch basketball until it gets to.
Speaker 5: The playoffs, right, I don't care. It's such a bad product the NBA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's always about me.
Speaker 7: Well, there's no defense anymore. Right, A high scoring game when we were kids was one hundred points, and now they're hitting one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 5: Regularly, like in the regular season. It's terrible too because they do load management, which is like bullshit crazy too.
Speaker 7: I love seeing Charles Barkley go with that's really you get paid to play, not I can only play twice this week.
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley is keeping NBA all time.
Speaker 7: He's actually in NHL analyst now TBS really with gret Sky.
Speaker 5: Oh, I bet that's on the panel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, him and Biz?
Speaker 7: I bet uh gret Ski?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but isn't Biz on that too? Wayne Glensky Michaelazowski.
Speaker 7: Mike, I just want to correct that the next one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't give you about basketball to the playoffs.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the wild they are uh two and two in December so far. They play the Stars tonight. Fuck norm Green.
Speaker 6: Still still bitter.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's that's a hurt that never goes away. They're third in eighth pres Central right now. That's what hurts the most.
Speaker 6: Same churchs different Pew.
Speaker 7: They're third in the conference right now, but in or third in the division, I'm sorry, fifth in the Western Conference, tied well, tied for fourth at thirty seven points. This is where, like Lapanta says, NHL standing, they're fucking dumb. They're sixteen nine and five. In reality, that would be sixteen and fourteen. Okay, Yeah, that stupid overtime loss category. Just make it two points for win, zero points for loss, or do like a three two one scenario where you can you.
Speaker 5: Know, I just hate sports that end in ties, right, Like how do you get the iconic games? Like, uh, who was it the one year in college basketball went to like eight OT's It was Syracusan. That's somebody.
Speaker 6: I want to try to find him a new cord by the way.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: You should have another one somewhere.
Speaker 5: But having technical difficulties is fine. Can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's just the buzz though. As far as how the team's actually doing krill as expected. As leading the team in points, he's got thirty three points overall, eighteen goals fifteen assists. Boldie's right up on next to him with thirty two points sixteen goals each or a goals and assists each. The surprise Jojo Marcus Johansson is third on the team in points with twenty one. He's playing on a one year, eight hundred thousand dollars contract right now. Really, we're just switching chords here quick. Hopefully it gets rid of the buzz.
Speaker 8: There's this is a familiar, familiar thing.
Speaker 7: It's still it's still buzzing, but you can hear him there.
Speaker 5: Shove it in, she said too.
Speaker 7: And that's why he's got two kids that we know of. Even your own son says it should it's in.
Speaker 5: Didn't even have to spit on it before.
Speaker 7: Surprised you found the hole. There's no hair on it.
Speaker 6: Oh alright, Oh that is enough for you. That is enough from you technically, Sorry, Jack, jack right in the face.
Speaker 5: Why don't you all right?
Speaker 7: So it's time for the wheel.
Speaker 6: The wheel.
Speaker 7: You did the pop one already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time now just spin the wheel of the topicsroom, miss heps, football cage match, got golf, hockey fights, doctor coxyisms. I'd rather fartside ripped severe chuck e cheese injuries. Sliding at home?
Speaker 6: Oh so there's been a few times where actually want to hear Travis. What are some of your stories of sliding in the home?
Speaker 5: Do it feet first?
Speaker 6: Okay? Any funny stories? Man?
Speaker 7: Just sliding in jail?
Speaker 5: What do you what do you mean sliding into home?
Speaker 6: Like sometimes you have to slide in the home.
Speaker 5: I feel like you want a deeper thing than a baseball. I want to say here and I don't get the analogy ever wanted to look at?
Speaker 7: Okay, how about the time you scorpion sliding?
Speaker 6: That fuckings?
Speaker 5: I've seen a third I've seen I've seen multiple lower extremity injuries. What was that? What happened? H You saw that? Didn't you like a big It looked like someone take your house is haunted? Okay, anyway, that's what it was. Yeah, I've seen multiple lower extremity injuries from people not trying to slide into home and trying to juke a catcher and tear their a c l or snap their snap their tibulo.
Speaker 6: Fun story Book of Matthew story, Oh boy, crack it open well might as well. I do need That's what I need. I need Dave to like make me like.
Speaker 7: To's episode of Book of Matthew.
Speaker 6: Uh So instantant Where in South Dakota and on the Reds, I cracked a single sweet.
Speaker 5: No one's ever said I cracked cracked probably the hardest hardest ball you hit.
Speaker 7: That froze to right field in the score book.
Speaker 6: Matters got on the got on it anyway.
Speaker 5: Got fisted in on your hands, and it fell over the second basement.
Speaker 7: Bert would probably call it a scene I single pist missile and ground ball.
Speaker 6: With eyes anyways, special true anyways, on first next guy crash ship. I was a crack, but it crushes out to deep center, one half the wall. I get around second, third base, coach.
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 6: Keep going okay? Basically I get around third, I'm like, oh no, the balls are in the fucking infield.
Speaker 7: I got to interrupt for a second. Have you ever seen this man run.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 7: It's like a baby giraffe trying to run.
Speaker 5: It's not good. Oh I bet it's so much more uncoordinated than it's bad.
Speaker 7: Or he loves it. During softball, I'd be like unitch the fucking trailer.
Speaker 5: And then he'd start pumping his arms faster, but his legs are still.
Speaker 6: The side space off trying.
Speaker 7: Dude, it's so uncoordinate.
Speaker 5: You know what, We're gonna do it in the spring. We're gonna make you run a forty.
Speaker 6: Everybody should run a forty NFL combine.
Speaker 7: We still have to do our punk pass kick thing. Not now, I would it not now.
Speaker 5: I would kick the shit out of you guys in pump pass kick.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well, first of all, this is the number one quarterback in the state for five weeks five weeks.
Speaker 5: Yes, led, not the number one quarterback. I led the state of Minnesota in touchdown passes for five weeks my senior year. So not subtle brag. Thanks for bringing it up, man, I don't like bringing it up because Sam and I both half half the time, I'll get stopped for autographs or something like that.
Speaker 7: He took a dig at you last time I was. I listened back to the old episodes. Yeah, number one third string quarterback me.
Speaker 5: He said that, Yeah, I said about myself.
Speaker 7: Oh I thought you were talking about third string.
Speaker 6: I didn't say about it. Hell, jive turkey call me anyway. So I get around third base and the balls in the infield. I'm like, oh no, so the catcher has the ball. Now, I'm like, what do I do? Do I do we play that shoulder?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I try to juke this motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You break your legs.
Speaker 6: Oh no, he end over end makes I tried. I think I tried to hurtle him too.
Speaker 7: So it's like when I got run over.
Speaker 6: By basically, but the guy put his arm out front. I went end over and landing on my back.
Speaker 5: Going Then that umpire said out.
Speaker 7: You're way fucking mind he form you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 5: Do you remember the score from this game?
Speaker 6: No? I remember just laying on my back going.
Speaker 5: That way because your third base coach.
Speaker 6: I was pissed. He comes back.
Speaker 5: I thought, you got it, dude, I'm not fast. When you get.
Speaker 7: Someone thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: When you get someone thrown out by like thirty feet, that's that is completely on you.
Speaker 6: Times and sop obvious. Seen that.
Speaker 7: That's so, that's like when fish run through his stock side though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's asking to get tagged out.
Speaker 7: We had a guy on our softball team that if he didn't hit it over the fence, he was.
Speaker 6: Slamming his own bats.
Speaker 5: At least that's okay. I get that. So that's my gripe with softball, though. It's the best players are the ones like that make it their life and care about it the most that were never very good at baseball.
Speaker 6: Sorry for Formidji people who are listening right out in their live stream.
Speaker 7: Well, no you want, but I'm sorry, Like, oh, I loved it when I because I ran a team in Grand Rapids in league, and you had and then you had the guys that would show up and I know they played in Hibbing two in like the Hibbing Turn. They would show up and they would have the whole matching outfit and they'd have like six.
Speaker 5: Bats, five different gloves, and I'm just like.
Speaker 7: I gotta go to work tomorrow. You're not going pro Yeah.
Speaker 5: But no, it's always the guys that were never that good at baseball, but they just actually put in the time to become very good at softball to where actual guys that played baseball rather well, all right, yeah, we're doing this to come drink beer and hang out with my buddies.
Speaker 6: I got to know it with some of the guys, like I didn't care during the regular season, like it was the postseason where I cared, Like I'm not dying for a fucking ball in the regular dedication.
Speaker 5: No, I'll lay out for a ball if I have to roaming around the outfield like I'm.
Speaker 6: Like a tree when I fall. When I try to get at first, I mean he doesn't.
Speaker 7: He doesn't bend at the waist and he's trying to play first base.
Speaker 6: I played, I played, but at third recently could rear it first. Granted, like we.
Speaker 7: Didn't have the arm to play. I was a better fielder, but I didn't have the arm.
Speaker 5: And you're also left handed.
Speaker 7: Well we kind of There's a few times where it's like, well, we don't have enough guys, so you'll play third this game and we'll switch the next game. Because we were both first baseman.
Speaker 5: I pitched and softball.
Speaker 6: One time I didn't.
Speaker 7: That's a death way.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: So we were we were playing in some tournament. It was my first year out of high school.
Speaker 6: I am got a championship, by the way to Scott and uh.
Speaker 7: No you didn't dibble, We'll say other and you had to fill in it.
Speaker 5: But no, Like, we're playing and our pitcher was there the first two games. Then he's like, yeah, guys, I gotta leave. Actually, like, who can pitch? And I was drunk enough to where can't be can't be that hard? Like, so I do it, and we're getting the ship beat out of us by this team that ended up winning the entire like fifty team tournament.
Speaker 7: So were you playing matt ball or no?
Speaker 5: It was like umpire. It was like umpire, no Matt Matt Ball. So I like it.
Speaker 7: I don't like, oh you got I did a tournament up in Effie.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: If you get coming, if.
Speaker 5: You get a strike on you, you are screwed. Oh yeah, I played in that same tournament. But anyway, this team's beating us by like twenty and one of them buzzes my tower as I'm pitching, and they knew I clearly don't know how to.
Speaker 7: Pitch or do this regularly, which that's no. No one on one in softball, right, don't hit it up the middle.
Speaker 6: Right, always say you're sorry if you don't hit.
Speaker 5: But we're playing a normal infield, nobody up the middle, so and these guys are trying to win the fifteen hundred dollars or whatever. They have to split be uh split through like the fifteen of them that showed up. And these fucking guys they're up twenty runs. We have zero outs, bases have been loaded the entire inning, and they're taking walks and stuff, and I'm like, swing the back.
Speaker 7: I fucking hate it.
Speaker 5: And I'm sitting there. One of them buzzes me and I'm like, really, we're doing that now when you guys are up this much. And the guy looks at me and goes, well, don't pitch if you can't take that, and I'm like, I don't want to, man, we had to. Next guy hits a line drive and I snagged it, good feeling, and I just stared at him. I was like, really very Next guy hit another one right back at me off my thigh. That crippled me.
Speaker 7: And those are the guys too, that can put the ball wherever.
Speaker 6: Exactly well right, Like Justin said, pitching the little softball is a life and death sport.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, yeah, you know what, I'm really surprised that it's not mandatory that pictures have to wear helmets yet.
Speaker 5: And I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I was here, do you remember I had mine? But I was like, I don't know who you use this? And then TJ laughed and I'm like.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I think I used it for a little bit, but I couldn't. I didn't like the bars in it, and I said, fuck him, gonna wing it.
Speaker 5: But I wore one off the inside of my thigh and this dude's running to first and I get up and just chucked my glove at him and got ejacked out of the game because I almost started a fight because I'm like, fuck you man, man, that's such bullshit. Three in a row, like scotck you guys.
Speaker 6: Scott Alm the start of the fight too.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: You were pissed at the ump.
Speaker 7: That's not starting a fight.
Speaker 6: You're gonna start the fight with the ump and you're gonna get us kicked out and be done.
Speaker 7: I would have gotten myself kicked out.
Speaker 6: God, he were so loud that day.
Speaker 7: Well, Bob should have got his ass out from behind the plate.
Speaker 6: I did saw him on Friday, too. By the way, did you see it? No, Saturday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was at the school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I was trying to take film for my daughter's basketball and he's like, Bobby asked, is right in my face? Like do you look cute? Like no, get out here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because the ball was a foot fall and you called it fair and it was.
Speaker 6: Like you were were you playing first or were you playing?
Speaker 7: I was playing first?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was like, it's catcher as frisy because you yelled that fucker aloud.
Speaker 5: But it fucking fo It takes a certain kind of psycho to be like, yeah, I'll pitch and like that's what they do.
Speaker 7: It's just like goalies their special breed.
Speaker 5: No, that's so different. It was so much different. They are different breed of people. But you have so much equipment.
Speaker 7: He came home from practice one night if he took a slap shot right in the cage and his cage was bent in really head was ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crack the beer tangent.
Speaker 6: That's what I like about that. Justin did's a catcher catcher, leg guard and chest protector, the lake guard, the shaving guards. I can totally see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you're socking. No, you'll recover from. You'll recover from that. You ain't recovering from a line drive to the dome.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: I've heard a few line drives hit skulls, and that's one of the.
Speaker 6: The only one I saw who like, who got hit? This dude is a fucking machine. Got hit, and so get up and keep playing.
Speaker 7: But that's one of the sickest sounds when that slap contact hits. They barely get their glove up, like.
Speaker 5: You hear it, bone on bone on ball. There, no thank you, no thank you?
Speaker 7: All right, next one, the uh, well, we'll flip flop him here college foosball.
Speaker 5: Cowboy, go big blue?
Speaker 7: What's going on in Michigan?
Speaker 5: National Championships? Change somebody.
Speaker 7: There's some scandal going on in Michigan right now.
Speaker 5: Imagine that.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so I saw.
Speaker 7: It broke the cheating scandal of a different variety.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I.
Speaker 7: Saw that headline on Facebook.
Speaker 5: That's tough, dark, dark waters.
Speaker 7: What's going on? He got busted cheating on his wife, but then he wound up in jail for some reason.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought I saw he was he broke in someone's house.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like, so did he have like an Everson Griffin moment where he just I think it was a.
Speaker 5: Little I think it's a little deeper than just going off the rails on coke like ever. But uh, but I it's it's pretty dark from everything I've heard, like that guy's pretty fucked up.
Speaker 7: Well, and then I heard I think I saw that there was a rumor that this chick had her dad was an NFL executive too, to add another layer of intrigue, mystery.
Speaker 6: A mystery. I like drama.
Speaker 7: But other than that, it's a bowl season kicking off. It is ball season, which is a bit drawn out and overplayed.
Speaker 5: Now get get rid of like half of them.
Speaker 6: So we didn't One thing we didn't talk about on Tuesday we should bring up now is uh Notre Dame not being there. There's like four the.
Speaker 5: Chicken ship, chicken ship out of Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: You really think.
Speaker 7: That for them to just opt out of a bowl.
Speaker 5: Game or just for them to be like, fuck it, we're not doing take.
Speaker 6: My ball and go home, Well, it's different reasons. One the main guys you have in whatever game, what are are gonna be in? I'm probably not gonna fucking play. There's the sponsorship whoever.
Speaker 7: Which is dumb. I know, I hate, I understand, I understand the player logic, but.
Speaker 5: I get it if they're declaring for the draft, right.
Speaker 7: But but if these guys like Bruce will make the comment, these guys have nil deals, their sponsorships are paying for the exposure, and you got the guy opting out of the biggest, most exposed game for a lot of these guys this season. But you're like, no, I would say Texas Scott snob. A lot of people say no because.
Speaker 6: They're ninety three, but Alabama wants fucking blew the hell they get in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: But even you guys, Miami some money.
Speaker 5: Miami has no business being in there.
Speaker 6: Bruce's Miami. Bruce loves Miami.
Speaker 5: But I I am gonna watch Pop Tart Bowl my Georgia Tech yell Jackets. So and they're playing BYU and BYU getting snubbed is crazy for a three loss Alabama team. When they lost to Texas Tech twice, the only two losses they had, crazy to me.
Speaker 7: Well, and then like the Texas argument, Well, they lost to Ohio State, right, but then.
Speaker 5: Also did they lose to Georgia Yeah, Like and that was first week I think wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, And then you know they lost to Florida, who wound up being unranked, but they also beat Vandy, who was.
Speaker 5: Above them at the time.
Speaker 7: Then another argument against Texas was that they went to overtime with Kentucky.
Speaker 5: But Wildcats are doing crazy things.
Speaker 7: But a lot, a handful of Texas's nine wins came against ranked good teams, good good and their strength to schedule. Yep, they weren't playing like I think it was Miami or somebody where it's like, well, yeah, you got a ten to eleven win season. You didn't play anybody.
Speaker 5: Right, And I just think it's stupid. I don't get how they truly decide who's making it and who's.
Speaker 7: It should you should have like a strength okay guarantee like SEC big ten, you know, guarantee like the major conferences of an automatic spot. But then have it be like Bruce suggested to Okay, eleven plays, fourteen, twelve and thirteen play for a play in game.
Speaker 5: I honestly hate the twelve.
Speaker 7: Because team I suggested to sixteen like a traditional sixteen to two racket. Bruce counters to that and goes, well, that's too many.
Speaker 5: No, But I don't, but no one wants to see it. What a one seed play sixteen? No one wants to watch that game because football is different than.
Speaker 7: Basketball any given some day.
Speaker 5: That's just not true in college football, like the better team is going to win unless it's like a one what I'd say one want to format.
Speaker 7: Indiana just upset Ohio State.
Speaker 5: It was a one and two matchup, right, Like that's that is so different than a I one verse sixteen.
Speaker 7: Well, and I really think that they need to come up with some sort of system for the nil. There needs to be like a cat salary cap system or.
Speaker 5: Something to that.
Speaker 7: And then they also need to because like the golfers are gonna get snubbed with this too, with that running back. When you commit to a team, it should be like a minimum of two years.
Speaker 5: Me and Me and Sam had an in depth conversation on Tuesday about this on the pod. Like the transfer portal, silver bullet sessions but shut yeah, shameless plug. Yeah, anyway, the portal's ruining. Oh it is there's no penalty. I got it during COVID, sure, whatever it was, what it was, everyone had these extra years. But there has to be some sort of fucking penalty for these guys. Well, it's free agency every every year.
Speaker 7: How do you? And I've heard that this is partly why Saban said screw it and retired. You're not only recruiting new players.
Speaker 5: Every year, recruiting current you're trying to.
Speaker 7: Retain your guys. Hey, yeah, I know you didn't play a lot this year, but this guy, the senior in front of you's graduating.
Speaker 5: Now it's your second, your second on the depth chart, right, But there, it's it's just the generation coming through now. They want instant satisfaction. They want to be the guy they want to play.
Speaker 7: Even Bolty has told us to He hears it at but Midgee State. So you know it's ten times worse at the major college. Yeah, what's my nail value?
Speaker 5: Dude? You're going to college in but midgie Minnesota. Shut up?
Speaker 7: You get Fozzies.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well no, but seriously, and that's the expect that's the expectation now. At even the small schools, they're like, well, why am I not making any nil money? And you go, well, sorry, son, you're playing at Montana State, go Grizzlies for free.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on a scholarship. Shut the fuck up. You're already getting plaid.
Speaker 5: It's like, do you know how much I would have killed for a free meal every week from fozzis unlike an NIL program?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 7: What you're getting a scholarship? Okay, great, I don't have to go one hundred thousand dollars into debt to get a four your degree.
Speaker 5: I mean, but they're not going to school to play They're going to school.
Speaker 7: They're going to school to play football, not to attend school and get education.
Speaker 6: So I this is eight. If he's listening and he did a deep dive, like I told you got to think about this, he said he just wants to go to school and play baseball. I'm like, hmm, we didn't have a backup plan, because what do you I don't I want to know what you're going.
Speaker 5: What do you mean for?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Like, okay, sports management?
Speaker 5: Chill, chill the fun out Scott.
Speaker 7: College football players. When I was in the business program, what's your major? Sports management?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: You know what we go to when you go to school to be a teacher and realize you don't want to be a teacher after two years. Yeah, that and you have the most credits in that because you wanted to be a coach, like, yeah, you you do switch to sport management. It's the same as a business degree.
Speaker 6: Well, aid, so I told aiden that, like you decided what you want to do. I mean, Granty's a sophomore.
Speaker 5: But what if he tells you he wants to be an astronaut? Matt, what are you going to tell him that?
Speaker 6: This is my kid? First of all, let's let's let's stop that.
Speaker 5: Custodial engineer then.
Speaker 6: Engineer that is a good show title.
Speaker 7: Sorry, expert.
Speaker 6: And he looks up to you because you're a pitcher as well.
Speaker 5: You should probably tell him to get a new role model.
Speaker 7: Well you know who. It's not this guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he loves Bruce.
Speaker 6: Though, Bruce's favorite anyways. Uh yeah, he said he wants to do communications, which is good marketing and communications to fall back on that will never go away, no marketing unless unless a I takes over for that eventually. Guys, go ahead, keep talking.
Speaker 7: So yeah, both season, the Goofers are going down to Arizona.
Speaker 6: Who they play the Lobos?
Speaker 5: Oh Jerry kill game again?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think he's their anymore?
Speaker 5: Is it? Did he get fired from that too?
Speaker 6: Did he have another problem with their medical issue?
Speaker 5: You know what, I hope nothing about the best for mister kill hate what he did to the Gophers. I'm more mad that the Gophers made a bowl game this year being what were what they finished? Six and three? Yeah, I think after five they were not six and three.
Speaker 6: Let's find out.
Speaker 5: I think there were six and seven or six. No, they were six and six and they won all their games at home. They did not have a road win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they played twelve games.
Speaker 5: So they were six and six, didn't have a road wine. Okay, still didn't have a ride win. But it pisses me off because now they're gonna be like, they're gonna give PJ. Flack yet another chance to stay undefeated in bowl games. They Yes, I can't fucking stand the guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, I I love his recruitment styles, but he cannot for what he he can.
Speaker 5: Recruitment styles for fucking what he can call a game. He doesn't call the game. He's just the head coach.
Speaker 7: Hey, he likes to crowd surf though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think he's the most I think he is the most eye wash coach in NCAA football. It's not a hot take at all, like you think. So for what what major recruit has he brought in? There's guys that get drafted every year. Yes, I get that, but.
Speaker 7: He I said that to Bruce and Matt, and they countered with, well, he got the number one recruit in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Congrats, that's fucking congrats. That's probably like the number thirty and thirty one player.
Speaker 7: Overall, probably lower than that. The player now there's.
Speaker 5: Some to that, but but no, he's never once competed for a Big Ten championship. Why is he still fucking here? And what other schools do?
Speaker 7: He gets monster extension after monster extension because every year when a major program fires their coach, they go, well what about PJ.
Speaker 5: Fleck?
Speaker 7: And then within like a week or two, Minnesota notes his PJ Fleck has gotten another.
Speaker 5: Show it before I'll say it again. He's the Kirk Cousins of fucking college football coaching.
Speaker 6: That's funny, Justin said, the McRib comes around more often than the full by really sports show with all the crew.
Speaker 7: Yeah that Bruce is working Ten's right now and Dustin's got willa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's the reason. Matt, can you hear me a beer?
Speaker 6: Damn it? What dude?
Speaker 5: Kind of right, No, no, those are in them. I know.
Speaker 7: So Minnesota is actually going for a NCAA record right now, nine straight bowl game wins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is again, this is why I compared him Kirk Cousins. He will always do enough to keep people like somewhat satisfied, you know, but never going to be good enough to fucking compete.
Speaker 7: But so to that point, then, with what we started with by saying both seasons too saturated, now you get teams that are five hundred going to a bowl game. They're going to be playing the you know, heinz ketchup.
Speaker 5: Like and they hang they hang the hat on that. Auburn win in the what was it like the Sun Bowl or whatever lays.
Speaker 7: They won the Duke's Male Bowl last year.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it was two years ago. They were playing down in Florida and they beat Auburn and Auburn was bad, Like, it's not like they beat fucking Auburn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we won a bowl game. Yeah, it was two five hundred exactly.
Speaker 6: I think they're also missing some key players to Auburn.
Speaker 7: So I'm sure, but we've we've tied this a little bit, but not with you dis quite parents transfer this year you.
Speaker 5: Know what, for his sake, I don't think. I hope he does, but I don't think he will because Minnesota, Minnesota puts DB's in the NFL.
Speaker 7: It's DBU according to Dustin.
Speaker 5: It actually is and so and I think for him big fish, small pond scenario there.
Speaker 7: For an exposure standpoint, he.
Speaker 5: I think he gets more exposure being the best player, best defensive back in the ten. Yeah, like so, I that's where that's coming from for me. You know, I think he's very, very good. I think he can have a good NFL career coming out of Minnesota, which.
Speaker 7: Is crazy for a kid from Cherry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, chill out on the range, next door, neighbor, chillout.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Gophers, h Drake Lindsay has confirmed he's coming back good.
Speaker 5: Like I said, he's going to be an All American in two years.
Speaker 7: Is he a super senior freshman? Didn't he transfer this.
Speaker 5: Year newt Hell?
Speaker 6: Do you think of Max Broser?
Speaker 7: Well, I know he was at New Hampshire.
Speaker 5: He was a grad transfer. Ye, he was a rental. He was a rental.
Speaker 6: That's fine.
Speaker 5: But no, Drake Lindsay is gonna be good if we can get an O C. That wants.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 5: I like Drake lindsay, I like what they have. If they could recruit a wide receiver who could catch the ball. How much of that.
Speaker 7: Game calling though? Too?
Speaker 5: A lot, a lot. But when I think it was like week it was early. It was like week probably two, three or four. They're playing somebody and got beat. I would go out on a lemon, say the Gophers let the big ten and drop passes.
Speaker 6: Oh god, every game?
Speaker 5: Exactly what are we doing? He looks like Brucey out.
Speaker 7: There speaking of drop passes. Aren't you crack that beer when we're rolling in the next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yay, oh yeah, my favorite the Viking?
Speaker 7: And how about former Minnesota Viking. Adam then phoned his love of the game again with one catch for four yards.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Did he sign with anybody yet Pittsburgh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he phoned his love of the game after one game with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, though, moving from Minnesota, which you went up like you call it your home, then you move into the shithole that is Pittsburgh, like you got to live there for the next couple of months.
Speaker 6: Hold to me, his wife said. Caitlin said that it's like the reason why he was upset and wanted to be released because he wasn't getting plenty of time.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 6: He even kept dropping past it he hit.
Speaker 7: So here's his Minnesota don't happen though. Here's his Minnesota Vikings stat line for the season. Oh boy, eighteen targets but eight catches and three drops.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought the drops it was gonna be worse, to be honest.
Speaker 7: Okay, three credited drops.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he probably dropped.
Speaker 7: Well, how many were probably sailed over his head? Or did you know?
Speaker 5: Like no, not that many to him.
Speaker 7: I deemed uncatchable or whatever. You know, like he got a hand on it, but it's not really sure.
Speaker 5: If you get a hand on it, it's a drop. That's that's a quarterback coming.
Speaker 7: At my football coach in high school. If you get your hands on you damn will better catch it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I tell my ds that too. If you touch the ball, he should have caught it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's the reason why they're DB's and not w correct.
Speaker 5: I don't know, No, the Vikings they stink.
Speaker 7: Hey, they they simplified the playbook for.
Speaker 5: They were playing a fucking Commanders that's mailed it in this season they don't care. They got their star QB back and he got hurt in the first fifteen minutes of the then they lost who's now retired. He's now retired after that hit, he's done well.
Speaker 7: And then I forget who hit him, but had to come out and it's like I didn't try to blow out.
Speaker 5: No, no, So we we said this I think Tuesday. Yep. It's kind of the NFL's fault because they penalize you if you.
Speaker 7: Go high defense role.
Speaker 5: That throw was so bad that.
Speaker 7: Anytime they leave their feet now they're considered defenseless receiver and you're taught as a defensive player to try to separate the player from the ball, correct, like.
Speaker 5: And zach Ertz is also like six to seven, So where where else you gonna hit him when he's three feet off the ground. Sorry, I mean it sucks because I like zach Ertz. He's a good player. Did I drop him on Fantasy after Week three? Yeah? Did I pick him back up when brock Bauers was on the bye week?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did? But uh, what in our league? Differently? I was like, what the fuck? Different league?
Speaker 6: But you're a school, you don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know. Are you a number one seed? No, sorry, you didn't make the playoffs. You didn't even make the playoffs.
Speaker 7: He's eliminated.
Speaker 5: He's getting exactly. There's an E by your name right now. You're not playing this week either for a different reason than me.
Speaker 7: Travis and I got byes.
Speaker 6: Hey, speaking of that, can I talk to while we're talking uh oh boy, while we're talking fans football while we're talking stuff too? Sure your show technically, Yes, you're correct.
Speaker 5: Find it out.
Speaker 6: I did order something, thanks to Jada for pointing this out, and it is a Since you're number one seed, I ordered the ring for fantasy football thanks to TikTok chopping.
Speaker 5: I get a regular season ring.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, no, no, oh, that's that's for I think that that's the league champion. Well you also get a ring too, Wow.
Speaker 5: I know. I can't wait to beat the Brakes off Scott in that championship game.
Speaker 6: I want to see the ship talking on the old Twitter machine so X whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll fire it up.
Speaker 7: Vikings are what four and five now or no? Four and seven.
Speaker 5: It's just it's honestly fun for me to make fun of them. Yes, me too, but no, it gets fun to watch everybody's opinion sway based on JJ McCarthy's play because it's so up and down.
Speaker 7: He's basically a rookie though he's gonna have growing pains, he's gonna mistakes.
Speaker 5: And I get that, But when people are calling for his head, he's not in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Of a game.
Speaker 7: He's not the second coming to Christ. They're five and eight right now.
Speaker 5: You know, before the season, I saw some ex posts calling him the next Tom Brady Jesus, and I almost I almost threw up reading them.
Speaker 7: So here's something crazy though, even at five and eight right now, technically, as of today, they are not mathematically eliminated from playoffs.
Speaker 5: No, because the NFC North is so fucked up.
Speaker 7: Detroit's in third place right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah you go from one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well okay, So here's the NFC North standis right now. Green Bay nine three and one.
Speaker 5: That tie with Dallas is gonna throw so many things.
Speaker 7: Ye Cago nine and four, Detroit eight and five in Chicago.
Speaker 5: Chicago is not a shocking team, by the way.
Speaker 6: I know they're not.
Speaker 5: I told you that at the NFL preseason show at the Nobbing Kettle Fantastic Rubin. That is where I predicted them to win the NFC.
Speaker 6: Do you remember that.
Speaker 5: That is on tape? Like we can go back and find that.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure we can.
Speaker 7: What's your So, as long as we're talking football right now, who's your biggest surprise league wide right now?
Speaker 5: Patriots? Patriots?
Speaker 7: Them were Jacksonville. Granted the Patriots I would say more because they're eleven and two, but Jacksonville is actually leading the division right now too.
Speaker 5: And honestly, one of the surprises though, is kind of the Eagles.
Speaker 7: Or the Chiefs being middling.
Speaker 5: Yep, So Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers are like my big three right now because when the Eagles and Argers just played this week right Monday? Was that the Monday night game? Yeah? Yep. And I was sitting there looking at that game and I'm like, we do a pool for work, so I had to pick and I'm like who do I go with? And they're like and I'm like, I'm gonna go with the better shit team out of the two and pick the Chargers to win it. Like their bolt is bad.
Speaker 7: Here's something kind of crazy right now. You have three divisions, so almost half of the league, the AFC North, the best team right now is the Steelers seven and six, crazy, the NFC East eight and five, Yeah, and then Dallas's second at six and six and one, and then the NFC South two teams tied for first ballots seven and six.
Speaker 5: Dallas is kind of scary though right now.
Speaker 7: They're the dark horse right now because they their strength is schedule that's left for the rest of you.
Speaker 5: They could run the table and another surprise. Another surprise though, was Tampa Bay early in the year. Obviously injuries are playing effect into that right now, but Tampa Bay looked so so good, really, and Baker, I don't want to bet against that guy speaking.
Speaker 6: They're playing right now too.
Speaker 7: We're in the creamsicles.
Speaker 5: I love that. Isn't that what you bought? Aiden?
Speaker 7: So huge?
Speaker 6: Baker Mayfield fan, by the way, to speaking of do you think.
Speaker 7: Do you think Cleveland regrets getting rid of him?
Speaker 5: Baker? I don't think they regret it. I bet their ownership looks at it and goes, we did that for him.
Speaker 7: But they got to Shawn back now. Massage massage, but the massage Cleveland's booming.
Speaker 5: I there. It's been a weird year in the NFL though they really there's not there's not a clear cut like they are the contender this.
Speaker 7: Year, right, I mean because Baltimore, what's going on with them?
Speaker 5: They are they are the they are actually the worst good team in the NFL right now. They're just scary.
Speaker 7: They're six and seven. Actually, Buffalo's nine and four.
Speaker 5: You even look at Detroit this year though, right, eight and five, like they're just kind of lurking and hoping there's god they get a playoff spot.
Speaker 7: There's there's not a there's a lot of parody this year. You know what that word?
Speaker 6: No, it's it's a normal word for him.
Speaker 7: Do you know what parody means? Competitiveness?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: You is that what it means?
Speaker 7: Separation? So when there's parody, that means that there's a lot of competitiveness. There's it's not like you've got the Patriots in the late two thousands, where ever year they're fifteen and one.
Speaker 5: An imitation of style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect. So parody in sports produce a humorously exaggeration, exaggerated imitation. I just I think you're wrong.
Speaker 7: Teams that have similar talent levels.
Speaker 5: Oh you spelt it way differently than me. Fuck, that is the hiving coming out of it. That's how I spelt it.
Speaker 7: Oh, you meant like a parody, like a like a joke, like weird Al Yankovich.
Speaker 5: Yea yeah, eight mile, Yeah, go outside, Ner, I'll fuck off, keep going, Scott, I'm sorry. You know, Hey, Matt, what's this five? No, that's hand up accountability. I'll put the hand up on me.
Speaker 7: So there's a lot of competitiveness this year. There's not one, one or two teams that are the clear cut.
Speaker 5: Is it competitiveness or lack thereof on certain weeks though, because every team has looked like ship one week. Lack of preparation, lack of whatever. Yeah, yeah, because you got it's like NDSU football, Yep, horns down horns, dowwn.
Speaker 6: Poor Scott. It's your other team too.
Speaker 5: That checks out.
Speaker 7: Both my teams have horns. So both my teams have horns.
Speaker 5: All right, long horns.
Speaker 6: I knew that. And just how you said it.
Speaker 5: I thought you were talking about the Vikings, well them too. Well, I'm also a Cowboys fan, so that okay, now it all Now it all makes sense. Actually, do you have any tie to Dallas whatsoever?
Speaker 7: No, beyond the fact that I liked Troy Akman and Smith.
Speaker 6: That's the reason why, like I grew up loving the Cowboys as well too, because of the nineties in South Dakota, Like, we don't get we don't have all.
Speaker 7: School or his school. Bully was a Vikings fan.
Speaker 6: For Yeah, he wore the starter jacket.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can't blame him for that.
Speaker 6: Add of Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Ask him when he hates Valentine's Day?
Speaker 5: What do you hate Valentine's Day? Matt book a Matthew Cracker open, let's go.
Speaker 6: No, too many people are listening.
Speaker 7: No, oh dude, come on, Scott speaking of going for kneecaps.
Speaker 5: No, I want to I want to hear the val I want to hear the Valentine's Today story.
Speaker 6: All right, So the reason I hate Valentine's beside it's the worst commercial holiday ever.
Speaker 5: Do not Snider the Hallmark Channel. Do not.
Speaker 7: By the way, this man, they're all the same movie plots.
Speaker 5: By the way, Smith, Yeah, that's what makes him great. Travis, and you still watch them.
Speaker 7: I don't. My girlfriend does, absolutely as she should.
Speaker 6: Travis loves Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: By the way, we all know this is this has been stated, God knows, God knows how many time.
Speaker 6: Anyways, Valentine's Day. Freshman year had a girlfriend named high school. Yes, girlfriend named Courtney. We lived two houses. We lived two houses away on this big the one that was because I lived in.
Speaker 5: The trailer park, so she was the girl next door.
Speaker 6: Basically, I think it was either her mom or dad made his break.
Speaker 7: What was smaller in your hometown, your penis.
Speaker 5: Or the population.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, the dating pool or the Jean pool.
Speaker 5: Oh, we went two different routes.
Speaker 7: Okay, one the Geene pools like this, you I love their legion is top notch Okay, Matt, go on.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Courtney two doors down, two trailers down.
Speaker 6: Courtney, She either her mom or dad told me that they had a breakup with me, which really sucked because I was going to bring on like one of the small little teddy bears over yeah and give it to her, And then I found out that she was had the break up with me. So I hate Valentine's Day.
Speaker 7: He got dumped on Valentine's.
Speaker 5: She didn't even wait to like get the smallest bear. Nope, man that.
Speaker 7: She You can tell that girl did not have daddy issues.
Speaker 5: I think she was the one.
Speaker 6: No, she could have.
Speaker 5: Do you still sit up and think about her?
Speaker 6: Nor if you.
Speaker 5: Hate Valentine's Day for that reason it's crossed your mind?
Speaker 6: Not now, But I have fun story.
Speaker 7: How old are you?
Speaker 6: Thirty nine?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That's been on your mind?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah for okay, every Valentine's a rolls by. I think about it because it's like, because it's a fun story. Matt.
Speaker 5: It's December, it's two months away from Valentine's Day, and we're talking about.
Speaker 7: It because this asshole brought it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as you should.
Speaker 7: I buried it some bit, reopen that band, aid off that wound.
Speaker 5: I mean, if that scarred you, if that scarred you that bad, you're freshman year girlfriend.
Speaker 6: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I'm fine, fine, talk to somebody, just not.
Speaker 6: There anymore.
Speaker 7: Anyways. Okay, that wraps up the first half.
Speaker 6: God, all right, we're gonna come back. We have misconnections, We're gonna do our picks as well. Good. Maybe we'll find some of the things to talk about. How about that?
Speaker 5: I don't I think we should probably end it after all right, It's fine. The back will be Really sports.
Speaker 9: People need to be entertained, they need the distraction. I wish to God that somebody would do something to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, voices that scream over and over. Why did they come to me to die? Why do they come to me to die?
Speaker 7: Okay, here's the guys papers.
Speaker 6: Why are you loading your requirement ATV and a fridge.
Speaker 10: Into your truck because I just saved one hundred bucks at home choice in bumigie, use the promo code BBS as in beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 6: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 10: Heck, yeah, mentioned beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 6: I'm heading there right now. Do they sell cageraiders?
Speaker 10: Oh, they've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 7: Head to home choice in bumigi today, use promo code BBS or beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 11: This is lois from the nobn Cattle Restaurant and Lounge where we serve our smoked prime rim Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers, or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of my Task State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 7: Craving top quality, farm fresh flavor, head to Angie's Acres and ach And, Minnesota, where your local source for one hundred percent wag u steaks, delicious pork poultry products, premium ground beef, and fresh garden vegetables, all raised and grown with care. Order online anytime at angie'z ACRESMN dot com or call two one eight five one five three eight nine zero. We also do local drop offs. Check our Facebook page to see when we'll be near you. Angie's Acres from our farm to your table the way Nature intended.
Speaker 1: Take your next gathering legendary with Herbert and Gerbert's kindering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary subs and sides? This holiday season? Take the worry out of your meal planning with Ebert and Gerbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody smiley. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take catered to the ball. Unwrap up flavor with Oberribert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gribberts on the quarter of fifteen ten Avenue.
Speaker 7: So we're just.
Speaker 6: Gonna wing it.
Speaker 7: There's a big difference between winging it and saying what happens.
Speaker 5: Now, let's see what happens.
Speaker 6: So there is that you're a Belly Sports podcast.
Speaker 10: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now.
Speaker 6: All of their appail is designed. You'll love it.
Speaker 10: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer Belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesotans. Code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 7: Welcome back back, thirty nine year old going through puberty here?
Speaker 6: What did you say?
Speaker 7: Thirty nine year old going through puberty? HEREZ Schooby, Welcome back. We're on to uh the second portion Matt's favorite portion. We're done mostly talking about sports now and he can show how much he struggled to pass literature class in high school.
Speaker 5: Is coming up, though, Please don't well.
Speaker 7: Already had you have a girlfriend now?
Speaker 5: So there's expectations, right, So if that like comes up on Valentine's Day, like, if you're.
Speaker 7: Just so she absolutely hates that fun, No, that is a loaded statement.
Speaker 5: If you're just sad, she's gonna be like God, he's thinking about his freshman.
Speaker 7: He's looking over her. No, even if she says that she doesn't want anything, you still buy her something. The same thing with Christmas.
Speaker 6: Too, did that already?
Speaker 7: So that's advice from a guy that's been married once.
Speaker 6: What what happened? Oh?
Speaker 5: Speaking up?
Speaker 7: So my daughter had well, both our daughters had their end of season basketball tournament this past weekend already. Yeah, its community ed, so non travel and so Kennedy was done. On a break, Matt saw me standing over in the other gym, so he came over and was standing by me, and my ex's boyfriend, who I get along, was standing there. Yeah, good guy treats my kids.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: I can't got nothing to say, you know. So he's standing next to me, and I made some comment and he goes, yeah, I'm learning that now too, And I go.
Speaker 5: Oh, you forget it, and you bonded over it.
Speaker 7: And I go, you forget I was married to her for ten years. And Matt turns around and goes, what happened? I was like, that's her boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Oh that's an auto pocket statement by by Matt. Just such a bad dropping.
Speaker 7: He had, like such a foot and mouth moment. I was laughing so much inside.
Speaker 5: Idiot because he knew.
Speaker 6: He was like, you, I feel like you set me up, because he knew I could say something, Dub, that's a set up, you don't.
Speaker 5: You do not have to be set up for that.
Speaker 7: He sets himself up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not wrong about that too, such a layup anyways.
Speaker 5: Misconnections Hell yeah, get on Reddit. This is so fun for me, not only because you can't read, but also just the stupid ship on there.
Speaker 6: I try both, all right.
Speaker 7: I, Like I said a few weeks ago, your parents screwed up by not buying you hooked on phone.
Speaker 6: Like me, You're probably not wrong on that on that aspect.
Speaker 7: Or the Sullivan Learning Center or something.
Speaker 6: I gotta find the button for it now. I have it somewhere there. It is.
Speaker 1: Ever have an awkward encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn searching for love on the internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: All right, this one it is called advice. I need advice on misconnections. A few days ago, I was traveling and had a short interaction with someone not romantic or inappropriate. We just we just kept making eye contact in different moments, and it felt intentional and not accidental. I didn't say anything at the time, but the moment has stuck with me. I'm not trying to track anyone down or cross boundaries. I know the companies won't share personal information. My question is more general. In situations like this, is it worth making a small, non innovative attempt to reconnect example general social media post or is it chess? Unusually better to let it go and move on. I appreciate any advice.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's your advice. Stop just stop. This reddit post is not getting you the love of your life. And I would like to know if that's gender specific, by the way, because that's definitely a dude posting that of the chick. The chick definitely made eye contact because she thought he was creepy as all hell.
Speaker 6: Ever sent all right, next one?
Speaker 7: I know the.
Speaker 5: Fucking ghost the light flick it's been going on all night.
Speaker 6: Oh well, how happens? Next one? In Hershey? Misconnection? Probably a long shot, but I met a really great woman on Reddit a few weeks ago, like roller coasters, Sorry, likes roller coasters, works as a physician, et cetera. Got locked out of my Reddit account and can't get back in. If you see this message me I missed talking to you.
Speaker 5: Question from the gen Z Yes, sir, How the hell do you meet someone on Reddit?
Speaker 6: I do not know, but that's why I like this.
Speaker 7: So if you met them on Reddit, wouldn't you have probably figured out what their username is by now? Or if you met why don't you have their contact info? Or were they only in the online talking stage?
Speaker 5: How weird do you have to be to meet someone on Reddit? Like I get tender Hinge, Bubble, all the dating apps farmers only?
Speaker 6: Do you really no, Matt?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 6: You never know?
Speaker 5: You have not a farmer.
Speaker 6: Let me convinced.
Speaker 5: I'm not a farmer.
Speaker 6: I don't know. You have to convinced.
Speaker 5: How the hell do you actually like get on Reddit and be like, what's up? Girl? Thank you? How do you do that?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Hey, there's a Brad Paisley song that came out and what the mid two thousands? Okay, so much cooler online, Jason Alexander. Yeah, every time I locked in I grow another inch.
Speaker 5: That's a fantastic song. Brad Paisley is very underrated, amazing guitar player. I guess yeah, him and Keith Urban did that song together.
Speaker 6: Didn't they. No, it's not it's about a band, start a band.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's right. That's right too. It is next one Whiskey.
Speaker 7: Cross.
Speaker 5: Would you.
Speaker 6: Once out of respect?
Speaker 5: Right? Just like Dolly?
Speaker 6: Out of respect respect Dolly?
Speaker 5: Just like Dolly?
Speaker 6: Uh misconnection popa Roach twelve oh five. I think this is in Toronto. Last Papa Roach, doubt doubt this will work. But but I was sitting beside beside you in a section one one three at a concert last night. We are trading numbers. Oh sorry, we were trading numbers when your friend pulled into an argument and we got separated. I'll love to reconnect if you see this edit. You said your name is Jake and your friend is.
Speaker 5: From from Honestly sounds like uh sounds like Jake dodging the bullet there. Yeah, good friend. Jake definitely told his friend like, hey, can you get this weird.
Speaker 6: Old wif the grenade that you don't want to you want to be with?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and friend Copt said grenade and said, hey, I'll lay on top of it for you.
Speaker 6: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's when a good wingman is worth their weight in gold.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Next one, this is in Lionel Lake. The team done it. It was a great meeting. It was great meeting you at the Linel Lakes target. First try to steal my shopping cart. Things happened, say those things happened.
Speaker 5: Then you then salulator and you can any commons.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I got all rattle. Now I barely read any of these. You first try to steal my shopping cart. Those things happened. Then you saw then salulator, and you commented on my healthy food options with the exception of one item, and I commented on your healthy food options with the exception of your bacon. We collided again when you found your big container of peanuts and I found my pistachios. Thanks for making my shopping experience so enjoyable. Can't say the last time spending money at the grocery store was actually fun. Wishing you and your family are really merry Christmas.
Speaker 7: What I thought this was sarcasm at first, that you know what, that's terrible, like.
Speaker 5: We're talking about nuts.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 7: I was surprised you could read and knew a pistachio was.
Speaker 5: A hard word too, And he got it, nailed it all right.
Speaker 6: Greeting cards Midway Target to target ones today. We were a couple by the greeting cards at the midway target. I'm a senior male and we spoke a few several minutes. We thought it would be nice to meet someone again. I was given your phone number, but I've misplaced it. I hope you see this and contact me. It'd be so nice to have friends. It'd be so nice to have you both as good friends. This has got to be like a six years six and I'm a senior male.
Speaker 5: So o, because think about it. If he's saying he misplaced that number, he wrote it down on a piece of paper. True, he didn't hid it into his phone.
Speaker 7: That or he's probably got the old you know what that.
Speaker 5: That one's just kind of sad because that's an old dude looking to have young friends. He could be the best, he could be a veteran, he could be the best dude ever. And now he'll never have friends because he lost a piece of paper that he definitely used it write down their number.
Speaker 6: Jack, you're really coming?
Speaker 5: And that that couple, that couple's thinking, why isn't fucking art callin art a perfect name?
Speaker 6: Ali?
Speaker 5: That my grandpa's.
Speaker 6: Anyways, we met at a bookstore in Saint Cloud.
Speaker 7: Well, this isn't from you, was not there.
Speaker 6: There are a few of us guys hanging out and one of them, one one of you, gave me a very large load. Let's meet for coffee at my place. I'm sixty. Well I did see that coming.
Speaker 5: No, no, not even a little bit. Given loads at a bookstore given Barnes and Noble just gets a guy going.
Speaker 6: It just gets them going.
Speaker 7: Got that motor running, gosh, you know what, they get that Super Trooper reference, they get that syrup in the fancy give.
Speaker 5: Me a litter cola? You fuck it, don't spin in that cops burger. Did you see that?
Speaker 7: There's a third one coming out?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not high on that.
Speaker 6: Second one is okay.
Speaker 7: I haven't watched the second one.
Speaker 5: That's okay. Two is good ones obviously top tier.
Speaker 7: Did they just try too hard to replicate the first one?
Speaker 5: Not really. It was just kind of a bad, bad storyline a little bit. I think it could have been better, could have been worse, though it's not the worst sequel that's ever been made.
Speaker 6: Matt, go ahead last, I think it's the last one.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 6: Colton at Caribou Coffee in Brooklyn Center, Yep, I only know your name because of the Bartistas. So what's the person who serves coffee? Bista Barista? Thank you, Bartsta Barista said it. If you're not Colton, please don't respond. You've got dark wavy hair, dress sharply and as it always seems, happy. I see you at Caribou coffee in Brooklyn Center.
Speaker 5: Colton sounds like a hell of a guy. For one. Minus's name, uh loser, I mean probably spells it with like okay instead of a C or oh instead of and like Yeah. I mean a lot of misconnections this week that are never gonna be made. I think Minus that old guy.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 5: I hope they find each other.
Speaker 6: Me too, I hope they do too well.
Speaker 7: Sympathy vote for that guy, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 6: So Art, all right, we're just gonna call him Art. Yeah, Art's a good one, Poor Art. He's a goody good guy. Or hear good things?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Right for the next one, yep, all right, So now it's time for a pick, Scott. Today's picks are being brought to you by.
Speaker 7: The fine folks over at Better Edge. Check them out at better edge dot com or download the app, both found in Google Play Store or the Apple Store. That's right, join the Blue Bubble Club if you're not, you should get twenty bucks on us when you download that app, open a new account and put in the promo code BBS.
Speaker 6: All right, I have already written them all down already today, surprisingly Scott. If you want to read off the other guys picks.
Speaker 7: Um, okay, we got it. I just I didn't see Dustin.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, all right, let me get into the music for it. I mean this would probably one of our quicker shows, by the way, which I'm very okay with. Well, all right, started, that's true too, already.
Speaker 5: My fucking bad, guys, Okay, my bad, all right.
Speaker 6: First game, Army versus Navy. This is the Army Navy game. Happens every single year. Navy is favored by six and a half points. They play this game in Maryland in Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Generally to do that would be in Marylando. Correct, that is correct, sir, geography whiz you are I actually really.
Speaker 6: Well geography, be honest. So the Black Knights of Army is six and five. The Navy midshipmen are nine and two. Again, Navy is favored by six and a half points. Travis will start out with you give me the midship man ship man.
Speaker 5: Alright, buy a million nine two against six and five.
Speaker 6: You have right, all right, whoever you want to pick first?
Speaker 7: Bruce is going Navy, okay. Well, Dustin Patten the flow Master is going with Navy.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Scott is going with Navy.
Speaker 5: Wow, can I change mine?
Speaker 6: You know what, I'm gonna be difficult. I'm gonna go Army.
Speaker 7: You are difficult.
Speaker 5: Okay, then I'm staying with Navy. If you're picking Army, I was gonna say, you know, it's a big game, Army. This is their super Bowl this year, right, yep. So I would like to take Army, but because you just did, Matt, I'm gonna stay with the Navy.
Speaker 6: Okay. Moving down to the FCS Round two of the playoffs, University of South Dakota are Yeah, University of South Dakota is taking on Montana State Grizzlies. Montana. Okay, Oh yeah, that's right Montana. That's not bout the podcast.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: I was doing off the top of my head for I switched the thing. It's not to go to University of Southda. Got to Kyaotsa Yoats are ten and four in the year. They're gonna play in Montana. They are twelve and one of the season. The Grizzlies are favored by seven and a half points. I will start with me, will do a snake draft. I'm gonna go with the Grizzlies on this one. I think there's just there's such just a good team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're always there. It's either them or North Dakota usually. Yeah, so I am going to go with Montana as well.
Speaker 5: And as much as I love the Coyotes, I had a shirt of theirs from uh. I think Dunham's always has some random college shirts. Yeah, I had a USD Coyotes shirt no school that I loved.
Speaker 7: But I I gotta take the Grizzlies on this one, and that is when you factor in Bruce and Dustin, It's gonna be a clean sweep for the Grizzlies.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: And Dustin?
Speaker 6: All right, next one we're gonna see, we're going to the NFL. We didn't have very much college games because of we're not really doing bulls just yet. But uh, we're gonna start with NFL. We're gonna go with the Tigans versus the forty nine Ers and Niners are twelve and five. Sorry, the Niners are favored by twelve and a half points.
Speaker 7: How do you confuse that as a record?
Speaker 5: That is crazy? That is crazy work. Not even a dash, it's a period anyway, there's a dash before the rights over here. Anyway.
Speaker 6: The forty nine Ers favored by twelve and a half points.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be three to twenty five PM game in San Francisco. Uh, give me the Titans to cover.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's going going for cam Ward.
Speaker 5: They're gonna cover it. It's like the chick from the water Boy when she gives her production that half. I'm gonna win yea.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Bruce is also going with the Titans. Love that, mister pearl jam Dustin Patton is going with the Niners. I am going to fall Dustin's lead and go with and Cole.
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel as much as I want to say the Titans as much as the forty nine is a really really interesting pick too. They have a lot of injuries on the defensive side.
Speaker 5: I'd appreciate it if you said the forty nine ers.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with the Tennessee not the Titans. We're gonna go with the Tampa Cisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: Thank god. It means I have a shot for that one.
Speaker 6: Okay. Next game, the last dust Raiders taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles are struggling a lot this year. I'm not this year of the past. Uh.
Speaker 7: People finally figured out how to stop the tush push.
Speaker 6: Well, good about fucking time, because it was really I don't.
Speaker 5: Know if it's people figured out how to stop it. I think they're just sick of taking so much shit for doing it that they just kind of were like, all right, we'll be done. Okay, We're done the Eagles.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be in Philly. This is a new game. Nine and a half points that the Eagles are favored. Gino Smith will still throwing the rock, I believe, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's slinging it. Well, I mean, I wouldn't say he's slinging it. He he is still throwing footballs on Sundays, believe it or not.
Speaker 7: Is Pete Carroll gonna be one and done.
Speaker 6: In it's my pick first, I'm gonna go with the Eagles. I feel like after that ship ship ship game at Jalen Hurst had on Monday or Sunday, whichever safe pick it's, I think.
Speaker 5: He's gonna bounce back.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go with We're gonna go with Philly on this one safe pick.
Speaker 7: I'm going Philly as well.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm I'm gonna go Raiders here. I think Gino remembers how to throw the football after five weeks of forgetting because I really need brock Bauers to go nuts. This week. I'm gonna go Raiders. I think they cover it. I don't think they're gonna win, but my god, are they gonna cover? And they're gonna lose by six points?
Speaker 7: And both Dustin and and Bruce are yelling out goydron.
Speaker 5: Good, Rocky good Rocky quote there all.
Speaker 6: Right, next one, it's gonna be the big game. It's the Minnesota Vikings versus the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Give me the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: This is the primetime game.
Speaker 5: Cowboys buy a million.
Speaker 6: Cowboys are favored by six and a half points in this one. Turmas already says, going with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: In this one. It's not even a question. They are such a hands down better team than the Vikings. It's not even fucking close.
Speaker 7: In typical Bruce fashion, Bruce is going with Minnesota.
Speaker 5: So sad.
Speaker 7: Dustin is taking Minnesota as well, so sad. You know what, do you remember what Jimmy Johnson said one time? Oh how about them Cowboys? All right, that's I'm going to Dallas. You have to if I have to choose between wearing my Jared Allen jersey and my Dallas Jersey on Sunday. I'm gonna wear my Dallas Jersey.
Speaker 5: Sunday Dallas by two field goals. That's a no brainer because nine is going to turn into a fucking eight real quick. And he's gonna play like Kirk Cousins, which is worse than nine.
Speaker 7: You mean seven. He could be t Jack or Ponder?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, p t Jack for one Ponder. That's that's different. That's a different conversation.
Speaker 7: He's not well, it's Samantha, Samantha.
Speaker 5: No, but Cowboys and if you pick the Vikings you're an absolute idiot. So they're sorry Scott and Bruce.
Speaker 6: There are one game. It's only one game that no, sorry not so there is only one game that's guy that I picked different on Could.
Speaker 9: It be this game?
Speaker 7: Oh you're screwed this week, dude, we were tied last week. We only picked one different so one of us is a game up.
Speaker 6: Well, the only game that we picked different so far as the Army Navy game godship Man. Would that be two games here? Do I dare pick the Cowboys and be close enough in the standings for Scott? Or do I do I be a rebel? Defense? The defense very streaky for the Cowboys. The front line is very good with their d backs are kind of hit and miss so far this year.
Speaker 5: Okay, Tom Brady, make your pick.
Speaker 7: Their kicker can make it from the fucking other end zone.
Speaker 6: You're not wrong on that end. But he's not gonna get there because the missile Bikings are gonna win this one.
Speaker 7: My former Viking Mike Hughes has just got hurt.
Speaker 5: Oh shuck.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go to the Vikings, and I believe Justin's going to the Vikings as well too.
Speaker 5: Never a doubt. Do you think the Vikings are gonna win this football game in Dallas?
Speaker 6: The fucking spread? I don't give a shit about who wins.
Speaker 7: And so Matt adds a half point if it's so, he's saying that Minnesota, do you think.
Speaker 5: They are going to lose by less than one touchdown and a missed extra point?
Speaker 6: I never know?
Speaker 5: You are insane? What you should be medicating?
Speaker 6: Thanks Brennan.
Speaker 7: Well, we've said he should be medicated for years.
Speaker 6: They're not wrong.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 6: So that's our pick, saying brought you by Better EDGs get twenty dollars on us. We use a promo code B bs when you sign up, so go to better edge dot com. It does have an app, doesn't matter if you have Apple or what's the other one? Android?
Speaker 5: Google?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Google Play Story that other thing? So yeah, so they've as we always give Dustin about.
Speaker 6: He's the only one who doesn't have an Apple. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Scott still uses Panda, does really fucking matter?
Speaker 7: I paid for Serious though.
Speaker 5: That's you pay for Serious XM radio in your car but still use Pandora.
Speaker 7: Oh, I have the Serious I got for three dollars a month for three years. I got Serious and it's got the streaming app.
Speaker 5: You are insane, but you're off though, But don't you want to have your own I don't give ah my god, it's background noise at work, okay, I mean so is shuffle on my Spotify with all songs that no one loves.
Speaker 6: Fucking good?
Speaker 7: But you never get any new ship you haven't heard mixed in there?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 6: You can play whatever you want you can.
Speaker 7: If you're on your own playlist, dude O, you can.
Speaker 6: Whatever play you could take from that place and put on your playlist on Spotify.
Speaker 5: You think I need to listen to an artist radio to find new music? That's when New Music Friday is for every single week on Spotify. You don't get that paid.
Speaker 7: I've never used Spotify, you probably should.
Speaker 5: You know what? You can pony up the nine to ninety nine a month.
Speaker 6: I think have a little bit more because I pay thirteen because I have eighted with mine too.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I don't have a child, so I pay about eleven dollars probably every month. I think you can do it with your two business degrees or whatever it is. You can do it, I promise, sound like Rob Schneider right now, you can do it. Really, I went there fucking Pandora. Do you run out of skips too?
Speaker 7: Like I said, it's just background noise at work.
Speaker 5: So but what if a song you hate comes on?
Speaker 7: Well, they don't skip it. But very rarely do I get five songs in a row that I hate.
Speaker 5: What's your go to Pandora like station?
Speaker 7: It's called Cross Canadian Ragweed, so it's kind of like a country I like that.
Speaker 11: Like that.
Speaker 5: So them'm Whiskey Myers, my favorite trio trio.
Speaker 7: They're going to be in.
Speaker 5: April or something down in the city. I will be going to that. My brother sent it to me. They are my number one overall. So now I I'm not gonna shoot on Scotts anymore. I am shitting on him for his choice of choice of how he listens to it. But now that I know what he's listening to, it makes it a little better. Like if he would have said, like, yeah, Benson Boone Radio, I would have said, shut up, dude, best friends, it's not Roll Radio. Oh terrible. He's so overrated in country music.
Speaker 7: I heard he got Craig Morgan Opry.
Speaker 5: He did like jelly Roll.
Speaker 7: He's going to be the newest member of the Opry jelly Roll. Yes, have you seen pictures? And now that he lost all this weight ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crazy shaved his beard off. I mean, good for him for losing that weight and stuff.
Speaker 6: But phone charger, did you clean your room yet? Oh?
Speaker 5: Word, No, that's.
Speaker 6: Clear in your room. Oh that sucks. I don't care if it's that three Oh no, no order of the block too?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Are you nuts? Oh?
Speaker 5: I just have too.
Speaker 7: If you're only at three percent, that means you need to get off YouTube.
Speaker 6: Yep, the look anyway, he's got the look. Anyways, let's let's wrap up today's show and let's say anything else I got nothing.
Speaker 5: All right, cool?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 7: What we learn today, guys?
Speaker 6: Uh actually I learned that uh got still has he pays for a series radio. You knew that it's just no, I now know more like three bucks a month.
Speaker 7: You said, yeah, I got so. I had it before and I canceled it and it was one of the like there please come back offers and it's three bucks a month for three years.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, just absolutely, penny pens.
Speaker 6: You should do that for a fucking direct TV.
Speaker 5: But I'm sure this is.
Speaker 6: Paid so much.
Speaker 7: Ship, I saw that too, and you bought my beer today.
Speaker 5: It's always deserving though, Like he just said.
Speaker 7: Himself, he's the king of You want to split that subscription?
Speaker 5: Crazy Peyton? Peyton you got YouTube TV? I split it with him.
Speaker 7: Scot you got Fanuel, I want to split it.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm an adult and pay for off Dale smart investment.
Speaker 7: Anyways, what you guys, Sometimes you got to give him.
Speaker 5: Ship reminded him to pay up on time. I forget the worst kind of person, like you hit him with the Venmo charge. He just let it sit.
Speaker 7: There was one time I almost sent the request just to be petty.
Speaker 6: That's terrible. Scott.
Speaker 7: Nothing. I learned that we actually stuck fairly well to we did. We are under two hours?
Speaker 6: We are, we didn't. I'm very proud of you guys.
Speaker 5: That's huge for us. Yeah, I mean normally doesn't happen that way.
Speaker 6: No, well, we also don't take an our break either.
Speaker 5: Tis sorry, I have a bladder like a camel over here. Anyways, give me Elton over Freddy. That's that was awful. Elton over Freddy. All right, for go ahead. Not the reason you guys think either.
Speaker 6: All right, today's show is being brought to you by.
Speaker 5: Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trendy.
Speaker 6: Sorry awesome, bringing about to buy urban Gribbards right here, and but they cater to whatever needs you guys have. So Chris's Parties that's coming up. Go to Urban Gribberts Angie.
Speaker 7: Z Acres down in ak in Minnesota. Check them out at angiez acresmn dot com.
Speaker 5: And also brought to you by Soda Stick. Matt, what's the.
Speaker 6: Code beer belly sports beer belly, beer.
Speaker 5: Belly that's right, yeah, beer on soda stick.
Speaker 6: Correct. A lot of promo codes you gotta remember. Also, speaking of promo codes, Home Choice. That's another great sponsor of ours. If you're looking at any type of cliance or any type like lapt out like what we have, go to Home Choice right here, but Miji use a promo code Beer Belly Sports and get a hundred dollars off of your purchase. It's only.
Speaker 7: Also the beautiful Nobbing Kettle down in or Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out on Thursdays for live music with Lois Friday and Saturday. Get some of the best prime rib in the area.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah.
Speaker 7: And finally, Paul Bunny and Communications probably powering the Beer Belly Sports Radio network with the gigazone. As long as we're spotting up some local businesses, check them out. Christmas times, great stock and stuff for get some gift cards.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right. Thank you to the writers, producers on site, engine arizonas all of us. No one more show till the end of the year.
Speaker 7: Next week will be our Christmas episode.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys. Think we're listening to Christmas so filthy and thanks babe, he writes, producers of Odds One, engineers and all of us in the words red Green, keep you sick on.
Speaker 7: You didn't call me.
Speaker 5: South Dakota.
Speaker 7: South Dakota has nothing to do with this show. That's what I want, nothing to do with this show.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Jeffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality.