Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La. Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I dot itty best overall? Miss Dan Klas Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Hope you're enjoying your Saturday morning here in Southern California.
Speaker 2: You're a world champion.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers thirty eight and twenty six on this season. On the road in Saint Louis's continue their a three game series against the Cardinals. After getting shut out in the series opener last night, the Dodgers look to bounce back today. With Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch from Bush Stadium is coming up at eleven fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You were gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vas Say will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger reliever lu Trevino. Yeah, he's allowed just one run in nine and a third inning since joining this Dodgers bullpen. An unsung hero for this Dodgers team with all the injuries that they have had. We'll have your Dodgers Magical moment. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll check in and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast be with Tim Neverert and Rick monday Well. Last night at Busch Stadium, Justin Robleski got the start against Sonny Gray. Gray the eighth of the Cardinals pitching staff, and he was on full display last night. Six and a third shutout innings. He gave up eight hits, struck out five along the way. The Dodgers had traffic on the base pass, but just could not get that big hit. Meanwhile, Justin Robleski called up from TRIPAA Oklahoma City, and he gave the Dodgers good enough outing six innings, struck out five, did walk three. He gave up four runs on six hits. It started early for the Cardinals. Bottom of the second inning, Pedro Piez went deep.
Speaker 3: Here's pie hass.
Speaker 4: He swings and drills it deep to left field and way over the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Gone.
Speaker 4: He sat on our first pitch pass ball on the inner half, turned on it and hits his fifth home run of the season, and the Titinals jump out to a two to nothing lead.
Speaker 1: Pi has with the two run home run four hundred and twenty two feet to left field at Push Stadium. It was a two nothing Cardinals lead. A key moment came in the third show. Hey Otani in Moogie Betts each single to lead off the inning for the Dodgers. However, Suddy Gray struck out, Freddie Freeman struck out tay Oscar Hernandez, and then Max Munsey flew out to right to end the Dodgers threat. Again, the Dodgers, only down two to nothing, had a golden opportunity.
Speaker 2: Then in the third inning could not get the hit.
Speaker 1: In the fifth, the Cardinals would add to their lead thanks to Brendan Donovan.
Speaker 4: Listen Contrera's first baseman waits on deck by Hess off of third Newtbar off of second stretch by Robleski. His three to one is swing on. I lifted the center field of base. H Pi has comes in here comes to throw from pie Hiss in center. New Bar is safe. He just beat the throw. It's a two out, two runs single for Brandon Donovan and the Titdinals lead it.
Speaker 6: Forward to nothing and Rushing is shaking.
Speaker 3: Up on the planet.
Speaker 2: He would be okay.
Speaker 1: Randon Donland deliveris with the two out, two run single to center and the Cardinals doubled their lead, up four to nothing and the Dodgers down but not out. In the eighth, inneed, Dodgers had another opportunity. Mookie ben singled Freddie Friedman doubled nobody out, but the Dodgers failed to get a run across with runners on second and third and nobody out, down four to nothing. And then the eighth, Wilson Contrere's a solo home run. It was five to nothing. Cardinals Sonny Gray went into the seventh inning did not give up a run again. The Dodgers stranded nine base runners last night. As a team, the Dodgers won for thirteen with runners in scoring position against Sonny Gray and the Cardinals bullpen that combined nine strikeouts for the Dodgers, just no offense when they needed it. They out hit the Saint Louis Cardinals, but the Cardinals pick up the win, five to nothing shutout of the Dodgers. Sunny Gray now seven and one. Justin Robleski gets tagged with the loss. He falls to one and two. The Dodgers fall to thirty eight and twenty six and their lead in the division has shrunk to just one game in the NL West over the Padres, but they look to get back at it this afternoon. Rain is in the forecast at Bush Stadium, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch set for eleven to fifteen, and with more. We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say.
Speaker 2: Good morning to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Cardinals getting set for game two of the three games series. Cardinals come in four games in back of the Cubs in the National League Central Division thirty five and twenty eight. The Dodgers just one game in front of San Diego, two in front of San Francisco thirty eight and twenty six, but fifteen and fifteen on the road this year, and that's something that the Dodgers are hoping to change. Here today, Goshanobo Yamamoto on the mound six and four and a really good ERA of two thirty nine in backt His ERA is third in the National League. Eric Fetti gets to start. The right hander three and five in a three eight to two earn run average. He was part of that three team trade last year that sent Tommy Edmund to the Dodgers, also Michael Kopek. But today, speaking of Michael Kopek, he and Kirby Yates have been activated off the injured list. They will be in the Dodger bullpen ready to go. The corresponding moves, one of them, Chris Stratton, who pitched in last night's game, designated for assignment and Tony Gonsolin, who is scheduled to start Game two of the Podre series this week, has gone on the injured list, and that is another blow to the Dodgers starting rotation.
Speaker 6: It is and it looks like a mash unit as far as the pitching staff goes with all the guys that have been injured. No particular update on Gonsolin on what the ailment is, but they have to move forward, and for the Dodgers from an offensive standpoint, need to move forward. Even though they out hit the Cardinals last night ten hits to seven, get shut out for the fourth time of the season. The under part two that was really a kind of a carryover to that series against the Mets before the Dodgers embarked on this road trip, not getting the leadoff man aboard. In fact, only two winnings last night the Dodgers got the leadoff hit earth getting on base. They were also just one for thirteen with runners in scoring position. How many times he get shut out in the ballgame? I had team the Cardinals that were just one for four with runners in scoring position last night.
Speaker 3: We just didn't get the key hit.
Speaker 4: In fact, it was the first time that the Dodgers had recorded ten hits or more in a game while getting shut out since the eighteenth of June twenty eleven against the Astros, when they lost seven to nothing. So that was an outlier last night to get that many hits and not come up with a run. And again they had chance after chance after chance. The Dodgers are the top team in Major League Baseball in terms of hitting with runners in scoring position, and they've got the top player in Will Smith, but he wasn't in the lineup last night.
Speaker 6: Dog just need to put some distance between themselves and the Sandego and Andres and the San Francisco Giants. I still think that the Giants really may be the surprise in the nationally, certainly in the Western Division, no question. Pandreas start just to gain back. The Giants are two back. Also noticed something about both the Dodgers and the Saint Louis Cardinals in their respective divisions. You know, the Western Division there's only one team has a winning record on the road, that's the Arizona Diamondbacks. And in the Central Division there's only one team with the winning record on the road, that's the Chicago Cubs. They're nineteen and thirteen. Everybody else in the Central, everybody else in the West, they're below that five hundred mark. And by the way, the Dodgers still have two here and then against San Diego, and I would imagine the p Andreas are chomping at the bit a chance to really close the gap if they can against the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Pesan Kim in the lineup today for the Dodgers, batting ninth and playing center field, Tommy Edmond at second base. Defensively, Edmund is a better defensive center fielder than Kim. Kim's still learning the position here at the major league level, But when David Vasse asked Dave Roberts about that earlier today, he said, it's still the ankle that is bothering Tommy Edmund, and after talking to Edmund, he'd prefer to stay at second base.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a little strange to think, well, okay, it's second base. You have to cut back and forth to the left and to the right. Maybe in also back, but in center field there's a lot more running and nothing else just in between the half innings to and from. So for Edmund, who had a standing ovation as he made his first at bat returning to Saint Louis in last night's ball game, he has been a fan favorite here for a lot of good reasons. And for Edmund, batting in the eighth spot, playing as you're saying, at second base, and hayes On Kim is going to be in center field bat in the ninth spot. But the Dodgers just need to generate more offense in today's game.
Speaker 4: The weather will continue to be part of the story today. We are told it will be an on time start at one point fifteen. The tarp has been on the field this afternoon. It has been raining and we are expected to have rain throughout the course of the afternoon, so we'll keep you updated on that. But as we're told right now, we are expecting it on time start at one fifteen Central time.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. As we continue to count you down to first page. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on yeah at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos through Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We're gonna dive deeper into this game two pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: David vas say, we'll check you in.
Speaker 1: Of course, throughout the show, He'll go one on one with Dodger reliever at LU Trevino. What up next, We'll visit with Kirsten Watson and we got your Tandi re one. That's all coming up as we lead you off to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday morning. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home eight Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Cardinals, Game two of this three game set. Weather again expected to be a factor today, but schedule for an on time first pitch. Yoshinobu, I'm a modal Eric Fetti. The pitching matchup first pitch set for eleven fifteen.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani.
Speaker 4: Rewhy and a one to two on the way and shoe rips it in the right field. That's a bass hit Dono. In the second, basemen made a diving attempt, but it was out of his reach, and Otani with a leadoff single in the third.
Speaker 6: I mean kindom had had no chance at all to field that ball, so scratched that one eleven average with two strikes. So Tani says that's enough of that.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: The Cardinal catcher pot Hesse hit the home run one hundred and ten miles per hour. Ut he absolutely crushed it. Otani hit that one to right field for a base hit over one hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 1: Showy Otani could hit it hard. Unfortunately, the Dodgers couldn't get the hit when they needed it. The Dodgers lose last night five to nothing. They were one for thirteen with runners in scoring position, left nine runners on bays. Show Hey o Tani won for four in the night. Now abouting two ninety four on the season.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey Garrison now joins us from Saint Louis. Brought to by Cars for a Kids. Ready to donate that old car? How about calling eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Yesterday a one hour and seventeen minute rain delay before first pitch was even thrown. What's happening today, Keirston? Because I know weather's gonna be a factor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Weather's definitely gonna be a factor. I mean even the tarp is already on the field. So of course, you know, early work defense, honestly batting practices because it is an early game, so that has been interrupted. The Dodgers had to cancel their defensive work on the field. So weather is going to play a factor of course in this one.
Speaker 3: But Dave Roberts and.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers, they feel good that for Yoshinob Yamamoto, of course the ace of this team, they feel good that his start shouldn't be interrupted. So it does sound like, I mean, we will see, but the conversations thus far is that we should be having an on time start. They feel good about starting with him and running him out there. Dave Roberts was saying that they are being communicated that it's going to be pockets of rain and it shouldn't be too heavy to then stop the game. So hopefully once we get started, we can keep going. But yeah, they feel good about him, and the bullpen is going to be stalks behind them. It's getting some reinforcements, So yeah, we'll see how Yoshievl can kind of set the tone in this one though, but they do want to see him get back on track coming out of that Yankee start.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the reinforcements We've been talking about it for a few weeks now. Is the bullpen is getting healthier and healthier in today? Yates, Kopeck, they're back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So Kirby Ates Michael Kopek are going to be activated for this game today. And when it comes to those two guys, So for Michael Kopek, if you look at his rehab starts just or excuse me, his rebat rehab outings, the results haven't necessarily been there. So Dave Roberts did say that he does want to give him a bit of a softer landing coming back to the big league level. He does believe though that he's not necessarily a command guy, but he's a stuff guy, and so they believe the stuff is there. So right now, it's just kind of hopefully that you know, the big league stadium, the atmosphere, all of that can kind of dial him in to be just a little bit more efficient. So he is going to be available. And then Kirby Yates, he's looked really good come dealing with that hamstring injury. He said that about ten days after the injury, like he really turned the corner. Some people, you know, there was a little bit of concern Is it going to be a short time out on the iel. Is he going to be a longer stint? But he's felt like, you know, he took the time to get healthy and be ready. Of course, when you're watching the guys in the bullpen, whether it's them struggle, whether them eat up so many innings, he felt bad. So he's looking forward just to be back and to contribute. And he's feeling strong and healthy, which is key.
Speaker 1: It is a big time the Dodgers get these arms healthy and in that bullpen to help out this pitching steph Kirston, We appreciate it. Let's hope this game gets underway on time still to come here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vast joins us throughout the hour. But up next we get you an injury report. Hey, we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Cardinals. First pitch from Bush Stadium is eleven fifteen. I'm Tim Katson's the world champion Los Angeles Sodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season Law, Good.
Speaker 1: Law, Moroango Casino Dodgers on DECA. As we lead you after first pitch from Saint Louis Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday Marongo Casino Resort at SPA. It's a grand Slam for good times. Dodgers looking to get back on track after getting to shut out last night five to nothing. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch set for eleven to fifteen.
Speaker 5: This is the LA Dodgers injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kirby Yates and Michael Kopek both being activated off the injure list. We'll see what the official corresponding moves are when the Dodgers officially announced it here shortly before first pitch. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell on the injured list, next in line, hopefully working their way back into this Dodger's rotation. It She and a name to keep an eye on in Triple A, Oklahoma City, working his way back from Tommy John surgery. Luis Garcia on the IL, Rookie Sasaki on the IL, and even further down the road. Blake Trining and Bruce darcarat Ro. All right, let's head back out to Saint Louis and check out the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Gebbert the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 5: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: I think it's just it goes back to just commanding of the baseball. I think that when he's good, it's it's really commanded well his entire pitch mix. When it's not, he's just missing. He's working behind. This is a team that puss the ball in play and they don't punch a lot. So there, if he is right, there should be a lot of you know, efficiency, and he should go deep in the game.
Speaker 8: How do you have to manage him considering there is potential rain coming? Is there you thought about whether an opener or I guess the line himself, but like you thought about a different situation that could potentially protect him.
Speaker 7: I think in this situation, we're gonna just you know, they're going to run their guy out there, We're going to run our go out there. And as I kind of understand that the weather is kind of coming later, there'll be some sprinkles that'll be a little bit wet, but I think we're just going to kind of play it straight today.
Speaker 9: Dave Kim has shown that he's an elite second baseman. What's the big picture reason to have Tommy at second and Kim in center today?
Speaker 7: It's his ankle, just making sure I can kind of keep as much workload, uh coverage. As far as running around the outfield for Tommy.
Speaker 9: How long do you think you have to protect him from that? As far as not playing him in center.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure, you know. I talked to Tommy and he feels best, you know, in the infield right now, and at some point in time I feel that we'll have a conversation we can get him back out there.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: There's the manager, Dave Roberts, and just moments ago, the Dodgers making it official, Michael Kopek, Kirby Yates officially activated, Chris Stratton designated for assignment. The right hander and the other corresponding move, right hander Tony Gonsolin on the injured list with right elbow discomfort. Oh Gonsolin, I l right elbow discomfort of course, coming off of Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 2: More on that coming up.
Speaker 1: As we lead you up to first pitch from Saint Louis. Up next, David vat say, the Dodger Insider joins us first pitch from Saint Louis schedule for eleven fifteen. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Cardinals from Saint Louis. Yoshould know who Yamamoto, Eric Fetti the pitching matchup game two of this three game sent first pitch set for eleven.
Speaker 5: Fifteen, joining Tim kits on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger Insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 1: A lot of things developing here in the last few minutes. Michael Kopek Kirby Yates off the injury list that you had told this was gonna happen as expected. Chris Stratton gets designated for assignment, but kind of came out of nowhere. Maybe Tony Gonsolin right elbow discomfort. He's made seven starts since coming back from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Yeah, not really sure of the sense I'm getting talking to people around the Dodgers. Gonsolin did not have the same feeling as he did when he did injure his elbow that required Tommy John surgery. So that's the silver lining in all this. There could be some scar tissue breakup or just simple inflammation in that right elbow. But nonetheless, the Dodgers are very thin in there. Starting pitching rotation. Kershaw is pitching tomorrow on four days rest. Oldest guy in the rotation going on four days rest.
Speaker 3: But that's who he is.
Speaker 11: He's a gamer, and he's a future Hall of Famer for a reason. But the Dodgers need a starter on Tuesday because with Gonsolin going on the injured list, Justin Robleski is going to hang around and likely make the start in San Diego on Wednesday afternoon. Now, just looking at where Bobby Miller is in the minor leagues as far as his schedule start day, he did not. The last time he made a start was this past Wednesday, so he would be on five or six days rest to possibly make a start on Tuesday. If you're thinking it's time for Image Sheen to be called up. Well, he just made his first start five days ago for Oklahoma City and went three innings. He is scheduled to start today and extend himself to four innings. So yes, she Hen is on the horizon. Dave Roberts said yesterday he expects she him to return before the All Star break, But to think that he's going to come back and pitch on Tuesday, that's just not lined up right now. So the obvious answer right now on Tuesday in San Diego is either a bullpen game or Bobby Miller. And on Wednesday, Justin Robleski on four days rest.
Speaker 2: David has driven by four. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 1: Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called f one fifty. Speaking to choices, the Dodgers made the choice of going with Hayesan Kim in center field today. David, why Kim in center field?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You heard what I asked, Dave Roberts, and it kind of makes sense. Tommy Edmond talked about how any sudden movements reaggravates that right ankle, and in center field you got to make a lot of sudden movements. You gotta make sudden stops, you got to go back on the ball. So that's part of the reason why they are sticking with Tommy Edmond at second base. I will tell you this in preparation for today's start. This did not take Kim by surprise or the Dodgers. They were planning on having Kim start in center field today.
Speaker 3: He was out here.
Speaker 11: Early working with Dino Ebel in center field yesterday before the rain came down, and again today he was doing some outfield drills with Dino Ebel as well, so he's prepared. And I'm not sure if you heard me ask Dave Roberts about the history between Eric Fetti and Hey Sung Kim Tim.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 11: Well, he was not aware of the fact that these two guys faced each other in the kbo oh and the results favored Fetti. Hey Sung Kim in Korea was just two for eleven against Eric Fetti. And when I told Cam, Hey you and Fetti kbo I did not bring up the numbers. He just told me he's very excited, and he said rematch with a big smile.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: Time not to pick the horses with the Dodger Derby. We're gonna pick the Belmont stake today and Sarah Togo Springs, New York later on this afternoon, the final stretch of the Triple Crown.
Speaker 2: Who do you like, David?
Speaker 1: This eight horse field that will get under way about seven o'clock Eastern.
Speaker 11: You're gonna hate me, right because you sent me the odds on these horses in journalism. You know I'm a big name guy, right, I gotta go with journalism.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna go with Rodriguez, the six to one odds and number three horse. Yeah, why not take a shot, right, David, all right, he's gonna go with journalism. I'll go with Rodriguez in the Belmont Steak. Celebrate the Belmont today with the Belmonte Wine Festival next weekend, the Father's Day on closing day. That's all at sant Anita Park. Find out more about their experiences, what they got going on with the races at Santanita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're Dodgers magical moment leading you up to Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in Saint Louis this weekend is they take on the Cardinals. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain, Game two of this three game set. First pitch at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 12: I do here a hot dog who wants to hot It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Tails.
Speaker 1: Go back to July thirteenth, twenty twenty two, Dodgers in Saint Louis taking on the Cardinals. It didn't look good for the Dodgers, down six to nothing in the ninth inning, though, the Dodgers with a masterful comeback.
Speaker 4: Diego's first pitch to Albertos why online drive face hit left field.
Speaker 3: Bellinger scores it's seven to six Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Alberto puts the Dodgers in front and he hit a slider.
Speaker 3: To the left.
Speaker 6: Tell you what you don't dare go away with the Dodgers regardless of what the score is. Either stay tuned or you missed the boat.
Speaker 2: Hoping they didn't miss the boat.
Speaker 1: Hanser Alberto the go ahead single in the ninth inning, on off Giovanni Giagros as the Dodgers come back from a six to nothing deficit to beat the Cardinals in twenty twenty two, seven to six. This's Hofe magical moment, brought you by Hoffey hot Dogs. Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs Local. It's so great. Let we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We check him with Rick Monday again as we lead just the first pitch. I'm Tim Kase's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Cardinals on the Saturday. Dodgers looking to bounce back after gaining shut out last night five to nothing. Of the big news, Tony Gonsolin placed on the injured list with right elbow discomfort. Kirby Yates Michael Kopek both activated today. So the good and the bad of the Dodgers' pitching staff continues. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the hill today, first pitch at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers are looking for a better start from Yamamoto, and these days everybody's looking at mechanics and all that stuff. But maybe did he just psych himself out facing the Yankees last week?
Speaker 6: I have no idea that three and two thirds inning. He took ninety six pitches, four runs on the seven hits, gave up a home run and walked three on top of it. But that was very uncharacteristic for Yoshinoba Yamamoto, and a couple of other things that we'll talk about in the pregame. During the game itself, you know, do open up games. He's been very good innings one and two ERA is only five, but ning's three and four for whatever reason, is e raised over four and a half. After that, it kind of settles down. I don't know really the transition to go through it. We will say this last outing, this splitter was really not effective. There were very few swings and missus. Quite frankly, he didn't throw many strikes with that splitter our hitters beginning now, because the Scott report is to say, hey, look, anything that starts low, let it go until you have two strikes on you that that may be a factor. But I didn't think his splitter was particularly great in that last outing, And one thing about it, I expect him to come in today and start bowing some people down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would expect that today.
Speaker 11: Can we rewind to last night, since you did play center field and you obviously teach us a lot about outfield play fifth inning last night when Brendan Donovan hit that sinking line drive to Andy po Has.
Speaker 3: How tough of a decision is.
Speaker 11: That for a player not to lay out or just play it the way Pa has did.
Speaker 6: It's tough in that spot because you're aware of the score of the game. It's a tough play. You're going to have to dive headfirst in order to get it, and if you don't stop the ball, it goes all the way to the center field fence. That's an inside the park gold run. It's a very very difficult situation and you have a nanosecond to be able to make up your mind. Here's the other thing that went unnoticed about that play. Pitcher, Yeah, was halfway between the mound and home plate, being the spectator. You can't do that. You're supposed to be behind the plate and backing up the play. I mentioned that not to point out a failure to back up a play. I pointed out because Dave Roberts has said this, as you well known, the last homestand the Dodgers have not played consistently crisp baseball. And we're talking primarily from a defensive standpoint.
Speaker 11: And you would imagine a kid that just got called up from the minor leagues that would be ingrained in the minor leagues.
Speaker 3: That's a minor league thing.
Speaker 6: Well, that's an instructional situation. And why did not apply right there? I mean, it was very obvious a ball hit the center field runner in sack of base What are you going to do? You're gonna back up home plate? Well, that did not happen. Just little things. Did it lead to an air and a runner advancing more? No, But in order to be preventative, you have to be also aware of what's going on. I'm certain it was discussed either in the dugout or after the ball game. In the locker room. But those are just little things. Not to be picky about stuff. But the Dodgers play better baseball than what we've seen really over the last seven to ten days.
Speaker 11: Rick, going back to the decision of an outfielder to lay out, is it easier to gamble in the corner outfield spots than it is in centerfield?
Speaker 6: Depends on the ball. If it's sinking, it's going one way or another. I will say this, it is safer to take a gamble on a ball on the natural turf we have here versus what it used to be years ago on the artificial turf that was in this ballpark and a few others around a because of injury situation. The other part, too, is if you did not get your glove on the baseball, it would bounce. And the hotter the temperature, the higher the baseball would bounce once it hit the artificial turf.
Speaker 11: I remember when your generation played on astro turf. Not only just deciding to lay out, but the fact is that ball that bounced in front of Andy Paez probably bounces over his head on astro turf.
Speaker 6: I got another thing for you. If that turf is wet, guess what at hydroplanes. It doesn't bounce, it hits and then scoots on you. But it's the old adage. If cows don't eat it, you don't want to play on it.
Speaker 11: Amen, Human beings should not be playing on that type of a synthetic turf.
Speaker 3: Rick, I got something else for you.
Speaker 11: Eric Fetti was found by the Cardinals pitching in the KBO. Hey Sung Kim played in the KBO. Do you want to know the matchup numbers?
Speaker 6: Rick, Yes, I do. Socker to me.
Speaker 11: Well, Dave Roberts did not want to know, and I prevented him from knowing. But Korean reporter let me in that Kim was just two four eleven against Eric Fetti and the KBO.
Speaker 6: Oh well, let me bring Michael Confordo is fine for sixteen against him in Major League Baseball. And remember Fetti the last five years here in the States was just another guy. He went to the KBO all of a sudden rediscovers him stuff. But he's gone four starts without a victory. Let's make it five.
Speaker 11: That sounds good, Rick, Hay One other thing I saw Hayesng Kim working with Dinu Ebol yesterday and today in preparation of starting in center field.
Speaker 3: I let him know about Fetti.
Speaker 11: I did not let him know about the matchup, but he told me in one word in English.
Speaker 6: Rematch, Yeah, rematch, And hopefully he's not doing the bunny hop defensively jumping up into the air when the ball is on his way to home plate and crossing home plate.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's how I live my life, Rick, with my feet on the ground. Ourd times up, Isn't it sounds good?
Speaker 6: Rick? Goodness?
Speaker 11: Well, check back in a little bit later with you and Tim Neverett. For now, we'll send it to Tim Kates in that cozy Burbanks studio.
Speaker 1: It's cozy's sixty eight degrees and feeling good in this studio here in Burbank with Colin you here as well. And that's the Dodger game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too, start your future. How about at the California Community College financial aid it's available though if you need it for tuition, books, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 2: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this bitching matchup. Tim and Rick will have those keys to the game. But up next we'll go high in time. Well, Luke Trevino been a pleasant surprise for this Dodgers bullpen Dodgers Cardinals first bitchman Saint Louis at eleven fifteen, I'm Tim Kats's.
Speaker 2: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lean you up to Dodgers and the Cardinals from Saint Louis on this Saturday, game two of this.
Speaker 2: Three game weekend series.
Speaker 1: Dodgers dropped the opener last night five and Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenchi Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal. The whole family can enjoy it for lunch. Zen She hand crafted sushi, made fresh on site every single day by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision and a passion and tradition. You can taste it in every single bite. They got all the roles you want, they got different platters, they got the poke bulls. Find it all at the Zenchi counter right near the deli counter at Ralph's Zench handcrafted sushi, always fast, always fresh, and always easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 2: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: All right, we'll join right now by a man that the Dodgers have found and maybe they found something.
Speaker 3: He is not Italian, though, he is a proud Ecuadorian.
Speaker 13: That is freaking a proud Ecuadorian, Puerto Rican and Pennsylvania dutchman.
Speaker 3: Wow, that were a mutt. Wow.
Speaker 11: That is Luke Trevino. He is one of the Dodgers' newest relievers. That's a lot more.
Speaker 3: You threw at me than I expected, lou.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, but it is what it is. And everyone thinks of Italian, but I know it doesn't. It doesn't seem like it. But not a time.
Speaker 11: Hey, that's a compliment, especially going to college in Pennsylvania. I'm sure a lot of people thought you were at Paisano.
Speaker 10: Oh absolutely absolutely, But yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 11: What was it like going to college in a small college and being able to be drafted by the A's back in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 10: I mean it was great.
Speaker 13: I mean I went to a small Christian school and graduated in nineteen so at the time, eight thousand people was huge to me. So it was a step up, even though it was small, but it was it was great to have that college experience there and throw well, and then the A's were able to notice that there's something going on over there, and then I was thankful that, you know, they were able to draft me and rest history.
Speaker 3: What drew you to baseball? My dad?
Speaker 13: My dad, he always he loved baseball growing up, and he played foot for a long time. He was a stud. But he didn't want me to. You know, it's a very physical sport. Not to say I would have been good at football, although you know, I think I would have been good at football, but he always knows that.
Speaker 3: A strong arm.
Speaker 13: So so we just kind of stuck with baseball and I fall in love.
Speaker 11: And yeah, so you're telling me, if you played football, you would have been a great quarterback or receiver.
Speaker 3: You don't really seem to have that football body.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about.
Speaker 3: You're thin and you're wirey.
Speaker 10: I'm two hundred and forty pounds of solid muscle. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: So what would have been linebacker.
Speaker 13: Probably be a tight end, maybe defensive line. I'd probably be about three hundred pounds right now, so it definitely would have been a little different.
Speaker 3: I think he made the right choice. I agree with you. I agree with you. Lou.
Speaker 11: Trevino is our guest, and Lou, the Dodgers have this reputation of finding guys that other teams don't see what they do.
Speaker 3: Well. Have the Dodgers done that with you?
Speaker 13: I would think so the first time I was here, when I got here and Triple A when when was that three weeks ago? You know, they had some they had some stuff for me, and we were able to work on things and uh and and I felt like I kind of hit hit his stride and and some of these things, you know, whether it's grip changes or mechanical changes or just usage. Honestly, they they've been really helping as of as of late and just kind of keep on going. But you know, I mean I have a lot of confidence in myself as well. I know that God blessed me to uh with me to be able to throw a baseball and throw it well. So it's nice that you know a team as as prestigious and and as as as good as the Dodgers are, we're able to see that as well.
Speaker 11: I saw you today even as the rain was falling, continuing that maintenance with Connor McGinnis. How difficult is it for a reliever to find a way to refine while you still may be pitching on a daily basis.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it can be a little challenging, but that's something that you have to learn with age. When I was younger, I would throw a way too much. I'm not saying I don't throw too much now, because I probably do. But it's one of those things where instead of instead of throwing a lot flat ground when you're playing catch, maybe you limit the flat ground catch if you want to get some work in on the slope. And then again when you're on the slope, it's not about throwing hard. It's for me, it's about trying to be about seventy seventy five percent, but feeling it out in front and feeling the delivery so you're getting work in without overtaxing your body.
Speaker 11: What have the Dodgers told you to lean into because you said maybe usage pitch grips? Is it as simple as just throwing what you throw well.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think that they were able to identify what I do well, and maybe especially to certain lefties, I threw maybe too many sinkers. Not to say that, not to say I don't throw it now because I have, but it's like, instead of leaning on one specific pitch, I feel like the pitch mix have been has been really good, and then we were able to refine the slider a little bit in recent and in the last week, and I think it's been a sharper of a pitch. So it's just like it's nothing mind blowing, It's not nothing from out the left field, but it's just, you know, they I feel like they are very good at knowing what you do well and trying to get that a little bit bit better and then whatever your weaknesses say is, you know, you can mask.
Speaker 3: It as well.
Speaker 11: Being a guy that's a veteran, you've seen a lot, but even at this stage of your career and using some of those new pitches to get the results that you've gotten, how much of a confidence booster of the work you put in, is it?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's definitely big.
Speaker 13: I know, the the last couple of years for me with with having Tommy John surgery and then and then trying to come back, and and I thought it was going to be a lot more smooth sailing than it was. There was a lot of setbacks. I thought I'd be back last year and it wasn't so to be back, and then I was first of all thankful that the Giants were able to give me the opportunity. It obviously didn't go the way out wait, wait, anyone wanted it to. But and then again being here, it's and then having success. I've had one thankful to God to give me this this opportunity, and then too just it's a it's a good feeling to be back in the big leagues competing at such a high level.
Speaker 10: I think I took it for granted for a long time.
Speaker 13: So it's you know, life is a mixture of being grateful but not being satisfied. And if you're too grateful, you're never going to strive to be the best.
Speaker 3: And if you're too.
Speaker 13: Satisfied, uh yeah, you're you're you're yeah, well that's the same thing. Uh, but yeah, just trying to stay grateful but as well like continue to work hard and kind of being able to sit back and and being thankful for everything God gave me.
Speaker 10: It's been you know, I this a roundabout way of answering.
Speaker 13: Your question, but but yeah, it's I'm very thankful.
Speaker 10: I'm throwing well, but it's more of.
Speaker 13: Like a gratefulness to be back in the big leagues and and and uh. And that realization came with, you know, being through all I've been through the last two years.
Speaker 3: So hey, I'll make it simple for you.
Speaker 11: Jim Harbaugh, the head coach of the Chargers, has a saying that he wants his team to really identify with humble and hungry.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, that's really good. That might be a little bit better than what I said.
Speaker 11: That's why he's captain comeback exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Hey, before I let.
Speaker 11: You go, new teammates, new bullpen mates, a lot of guys that are world champions down there. Can you give us a peek into the vibe of those guys.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, there's a there's a there's a quiet confidence in the group. You know, whether it's positionally starters like you said, the bullpen, a lot of guys are very, very talented and they know it, and there's that confidence that they have that just.
Speaker 10: It's contagious. So it's it's it's cool.
Speaker 13: To be around guys who've had that experience and and success in such big moments. So it's it's it's it's fun to be around.
Speaker 11: Hey, Lou Trevino, thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciate getting to know you, and you've been phenomenal. Stay humble and hungry.
Speaker 10: Absolutely humble, ungry.
Speaker 3: Are the man one of the newest Dodger relievers.
Speaker 11: He's sticking around Lou Trevino and he'll receive a pair of sunglasses from Canaan Canaan's world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. This is a Canaan dot com for your pair.
Speaker 3: How you reading that? That's click at it? Thanks Ray Vision.
Speaker 10: Cannon's Sunglasses, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Hey, Luke gets it. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 1: In the studio, lu Trevino becoming a fan favorite at a Slippery Rock University.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great.
Speaker 1: Job he is done in the nine plus in he is just wonder and run from lu Trevino. One of those names you may not have known before the Dodgers brought him in, but certainly you're getting to know him now in the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Live.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner.
Speaker 2: Of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shaky's dot Com or leading you up to first pitch from Saint Louis Dodgers and Cardinals. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasis is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Cardinals, Game two of this three game sent from Saying Louis tarp is off the field. We're gonna have first pitch on time at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the diningck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard, play hard in a news Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine.
Speaker 2: It's the truck built for the Bulls. He here Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 1: Eric Fetti thirty two year old right hander three and five three eighty two ERA. He's pitched ninth season in the Big leagues. Pitched the season in the kbo O from Korea. Making his thirteen start this year. He's lost his last two stars. Last time out, six innings, two runs, four hits, five strikeouts in a loss to the Texas Rangers. He's making his third career start, fourth appearance against the Dodgers, his first as a member of the Cardinals. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain six and four to two thirty nine ERA, twenty six year old right hander making his thirteen start ranks third of the National League and EIRA second, and opponent's batting average last time out not his best. Three and two thirds four runs, seven hits, two strikeouts, three walks in a loss of the Yankees last weekend. Facing the Cardinals for just a second time in his career in Major League Baseball, Yoshinobu Yamamoto Eric Fetti to pitching matchup for fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season Low Lean.
Speaker 2: He had to Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Getting closer to first pitch, Yoshanova Yamamoto, Eric Fetti to pitching matchup game two of this three game set, first pitch coming up at eleven fifteen with more head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim never Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again, We're getting you ready for the first pitch this afternoon, the second game with this three game series. Arnolds took Game one last night five nothing. Dodgers shut out for the fourth time this year. Looking to get on the board and get some runs for Yoshinubu Yamamoto this afternoon. Yamamoto six and four. His earn run average very good, two three nine. His run support average.
Speaker 3: Not so good.
Speaker 4: It's almost what his ERA is, two point seventy nine runs per game. That's the third worst run support for any pitcher in the National League. Not Yamamoto's fault whatsoever, but the Dodgers just haven't gotten enough runs for him in spite of the fact he's pitched really well, winning six of his first ten decisions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tim, he did struggle the last downing that was against the Yankees on Sunday, went just three and two thirds and it took ninety six pitches to get through a very limited action. Here's the other thing about Yamamoti. Starts off the ball game so far, very very good shape the first two innings of the game ERA one point five. Then, for whatever reasons, innings three and four have become problematic. Is ERA is over four and a half in those innings and hopefully, as your mentioning, he has a cushion to work with, but he needs some runs.
Speaker 4: Eric Fetti, the right hander, makes the start for the Cardinals. He's three and five, but he's pitched better than that. In fact, he has one of the few pitchers to have a complete game shutout in recent memory, and he had that on the ninth of May against Washington, allowing just six hits and striking out eight. Two years ago in Korea, he was the best pitcher there. He led the league in wins, and ERA had twenty wins and an ERA of an even two pitching for the NC Dinos in the KBO, but came back to the big leagues last year with the White Sox and the Cardinals, and he can be tough.
Speaker 6: A couple of things come to mind with Fetti. First of all, leading off innings doesn't matter the number of innings earning else first six or the eight three seventy three batting average against leading off innings. The other part, there's been fourteen is tempted stolen bases off of Fetti, and twelve of those had been successful. But the Dodgers have to get on in order to stretch their wings and maybe some deal a baser two.
Speaker 4: Fatty against Yamamoto. Dodgers and Cardinals, Game two coming up, Jim all right.
Speaker 2: First pitch is next.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, David Vasse has got you covered with all the postgame festivities. Dodgers looking to get back on track after getting shut out last night.
Speaker 2: Right guy, right place, Right time.
Speaker 1: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers as they go into play with the one game lead in the NL West. First pitch from Bush Dadums next. Enjoyed everybody. This has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim Kase and this is a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers, Oh, do you don't know?
Speaker 3: Worry