Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Welcome back Tuesday, May twenty seventh. Oh, you've got a bit of a gravelly voice. Have you been smoking cigarettes or just not talking very much? I have a poll up on my I have I have a it just like what's your face Miley Cyrus? Yes, thank you, Yeah, that's what No, I just it.
Speaker 2: Have you smoked cigarettes? It's fine.
Speaker 3: Probably not heard that you say that, though, because I did have a dream that I smoked cigarettes this weekend, y.
Speaker 1: Which is odd because maybe you've got a little bit of a scratchy throat or I don't know something's going on there.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you use your voice a lot? Did your wife let you talk?
Speaker 4: Or no? Uh?
Speaker 1: In the cage again this all weekend? Because a long week. I can't be a lot with us.
Speaker 3: After Friday, we really I didn't really say much on the drive home from from Bravery on Friday.
Speaker 2: I said nothing.
Speaker 5: I had Well, if you were.
Speaker 3: There by yourself, so you have I mean Lis, I my wife so she could fill the conversation.
Speaker 1: Space and I had a solid two hour drive home of silence.
Speaker 2: So that was lovely. It was such a beautiful drive.
Speaker 1: It always is a thank you to everyone who came out and for Bravery Brewing, for hosting us yet again, always a great time. I mean, it's just gorgeous. It's the perfect kick off to summer because it feels like summer. That weather up there was, Yeah, it was pretty great.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to feel old?
Speaker 1: Bring it before we talk about domestic violence on the world stage?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can I get a little bit of America music?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 2: All right? Do you remember as a youth? You were an older youth than I.
Speaker 1: Was, but I remembered a great time in American history when we were the top of the top. And as a woman, it meant a little bit more to a young me seeing Mary.
Speaker 2: Lou rettin Ah, seeing.
Speaker 1: That balance beam routine, seeing that awful haircut that we all had, and knowing that America was number one.
Speaker 2: And this little girl who was not a little girl to me at the.
Speaker 1: Time but was an idol, was leading that charge. And she was strong and she was brave, and she was mighty though little.
Speaker 2: And it was Mary lou.
Speaker 1: Retton, and she was on the cover of our cereal boxes, and she had those gold medals.
Speaker 2: And Bella Coroli. Before we knew that he was a monster.
Speaker 5: He was so proud.
Speaker 2: He was such a proud second father.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she had a first father, but there he was in his tracksuit and we were all rejoicing as Americans.
Speaker 2: And now now we're so old that.
Speaker 1: Mary lou Retton can't talk her ass out of a DUI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you pull over Mary lourett You don't let her go.
Speaker 5: Chances are or whoever pulled her over didn't know who she.
Speaker 2: Was exactly my points.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm Mary Louretton, and the cop who's like twenty seven is like, I don't marry lou what?
Speaker 5: And I'm Officer Bergstrom? What's your point?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Lady?
Speaker 3: In Marion County, West Virginia, May seventeenth, Dy, my god, where have we.
Speaker 2: Gone as a country? Didn't she was close to she had some health problems.
Speaker 5: You had pneumonia?
Speaker 2: I think she had some Do you think she had a GoFundMe? Page? Things have not been great. Remember her family had said that she was near the end, and.
Speaker 4: They started a whole GoFundMe or mills and stuff that was very strange.
Speaker 2: That was story. I never found out what was wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah she recovered, that's good.
Speaker 3: Well did she well, I mean from the sickness, right, yeah, I was, but then got right back into the bottle. America fifty seven. Mary Leuretten is fifty seven years old.
Speaker 5: This video that has.
Speaker 3: Made its way around the world over the last twenty four hours is I fully believe it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: And I believe that.
Speaker 1: And it's because I don't want to say they're just like us, because I've never struck my husband in the face purposefully. I may have done it when I'm sleeping. I know I've done it when I've slept, but a couple of times he's like, you really hit the hell out of me. But not everybody has any sort of domestic violence, even playfully, if that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Not everybody has that.
Speaker 1: But it's nice to see a real moment, albeit violent, from a world leader and his wife, and just the whole backstory of them, of her being his teacher and having like twenty something years on him, twenty four years, twenty four years on him, and just like slapping him like a little boy. Like, I loved all of it. The fact that she is so thin. That must be cigarettes, right, what is Yeah, that's legs are literal little match sticks. But anyway, just the whole pageantry of the French Force one or whatever it is they travel on, and the red jacket in the you know, striking him in the face and him looking like the little schoolboy that he was, like.
Speaker 2: The whole thing to me, I just want to eat it all up.
Speaker 3: So French President of Manuel Macrone and his wife had just touched down in the northern Vietnamese city of Hanoi for an official visit. This was late Sunday night, the local time, and you see the door open. I don't know if it's a seven forty seven, but it's a big airplane. So the big door opens and you see the French president there kind of getting ready to walk out of the airplane. What you then see is a person who's kind of blocked by a doorway or whatever, dressed in red with red sleeves, and then whacking the French president in the face. Now did she push him, did she smack him? Did she hit him? It does it, but he's kind of taken aback by it. As you would be, and then realizes the door's open, and all of the TV cameras.
Speaker 5: Saw all of it.
Speaker 3: Right now, Hey, he told reporters, we are bickering and joking with my wife and a video becomes a sort of geoplanetary catastrophe. In the world we live in, we don't have a lot of time to lose on discussing such topics.
Speaker 1: She kind of takes both hands, fingers out stretched, and she's a tiny little woman, and she kind of just shoves him in the mouth.
Speaker 2: To the point where he goes back a little bit. You know, everything's different in France.
Speaker 1: They smoke cigarettes, they do everything with more passion. They have the affairs, they it's a very French different world over there.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can smack your husband in the face like that.
Speaker 3: And it's no big thing, But you can also cheat on your wife. So why wouldn't that Why wouldn't there be a little bit of payback? Yeah, I don't know if he did.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's cheating on her. I think we all know that now that that would not go well.
Speaker 3: That was a fun, big deal. There is more serious stuff that's going on. President Trump says that he is not happy with Vladimir pup?
Speaker 2: What did he think was going to happen?
Speaker 1: That he and Putin would be friends and then they would just be in line with all their thinking. Putin is a grown man, and just as Trump is a grown man. You are set in your ways. When you become a certain age, especially even more so for a man who is aging, you become more set in your.
Speaker 2: Ways more so.
Speaker 1: And the idea that Vladimir Putin would capitulate to anything Trump would say or want is absurd. And Trump should know that first and foremost, because he's exactly the same way.
Speaker 3: They're very similar people. Granted one of them is a war criminal and the other is not. But I don't understand the ego portion of what he's been doing with this.
Speaker 2: Well, it's you, nail it. It's all ego.
Speaker 1: It's thinking that somebody was your friend and is going to do what you want, and that's not dropping.
Speaker 3: That as like I thought we were friends and thinking that that's going to make an impact.
Speaker 2: This goes back to girls in high school.
Speaker 5: All right, more on this Ukraine Russia stuff when we come back.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Some stories that we are following today. National Public Radio sued President Trump today over the executive order that would have ceased all federal funding for NPR. The May first Order, they say, violates the First Amendments protections of speech and the Press, and steps on the authority of Congress. There was a car that ran through a crowd of Liverpool soccer fans, left nearly fifty people injured. They said that that may have gotten onto the Liverpool street by tailgating an ambulance. People was the last latest number, including four kids, injured, after the car appeared to speed through the crowd of hundreds of people on Water Street as they were celebrating Liverpool. And then Lelo and Stitch and Mission Impossible Final reckoning record setting for a Memorial Day weekend. Lelo and Stitch, they said, brought in one hundred and eighty three million dollars in its opening weekend.
Speaker 1: We've got a new testimony in the Diddy trial that provides more dirty details of this entire realm of crazy that existed with Diddy and the circle that in the concentric circles that surrounded him, his relationships, how he treated a people that he was with that he employed all of the things. More dirty details come up. We will get into it coming up. After the news at the bottom of the.
Speaker 3: Hour, Ukraine's western allies, including the UK and the US, have agreed to lift all remaining range restrictions on the use of their weapons. President Trump issued his strongest criticism of Vladimir Putin yet. The move was announced after President Trump posted on truth social that Putin has gone crazy and that he is still needlessly killing a lot of people. He was asked about this jumping off of Air Force one.
Speaker 8: I'm not happy with what Putin's doing. He's killing a lot of people, and I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with him. But he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I don't like him at all. Okay, we're in the middle of talking and he's shooting rockets and to Kiev and other cities.
Speaker 2: I don't like it at all, not even a little bit, he said.
Speaker 1: But Putin's gonna say whatever he wants to say to get what he wants.
Speaker 3: He's he is a manipulator, is what I don't get about. Trump In this situation is he knows how to play that game. Trump knows how to play the game of say whatever you have to say to get whatever you need to exactly.
Speaker 1: And why he wouldn't see that in Putin is insane to me. If somebody's supposed to know Putin's game or should know Putin's game, it's Donald Trump. He plays the same one. So this is now this, this is not good. If these two and and and now Trump's taking this personally, and uh, if these two are starting to take things personally, that's World War three stuff, right, That's that's things getting ugly real quick it. And and imagine this, Zolenski gets axed because Putin's gun in vers Lensky.
Speaker 2: Zelenski gets axed.
Speaker 3: Literally, Yeah, he assassinated, Yeah, as opposed to just cut out of the negotiator, right.
Speaker 2: And then that holds Trump's feet to the fire.
Speaker 1: I mean, Trump's no fan of Zelenski, but it's a showing of power from Putin to wipe out the head of the country he wants to reduce to rubble and then rule over it.
Speaker 5: General Keith Kellogg.
Speaker 3: Stop and then you ventially go to somewhere where you get all through major leaders of all the parties.
Speaker 4: You get the president.
Speaker 5: President putin presidents.
Speaker 2: Let's get together and hammer this thing.
Speaker 3: Out and come to sometimes of signed document that ends this war. At General Keith Kellogg, there is a special envoy for Ukraine. It really doesn't divulge a lot of secrets there in terms of what is coming up next. The Kremlin, in response to Trump's truth social posts, said that these were just emotional reactions and that this is a very critical moment which is fraught with emotional stress for everyone.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I think we all know when someone's upset in a relationship not to call that person emotional. We've all learned that lesson, have we not. It never goes anywhere, It only goes to bad land.
Speaker 3: It's one of those It's one of those lessons we may have to relearn over and over again. I again this to me. To me, this sounds weak stream on Trump's part to say that you don't like it, or I thought we were friends or all of that. That sounds very weak stream to me. And it reminded me of that and this whole Yeah, but don't do anything. What's the alternative? The alternative is immediately telling Vladimir Putin, get him on the horn.
Speaker 5: You can do that.
Speaker 3: You immediately tell him whatever you thought sanctions were doing to your economy now ten times worse, one hundred times worse. Everybody in Europe wants to do the same thing, and they're waiting for our leadership on this. And instead of just saying I thought we were friends, or I don't know what's going to happen, or he's I don't like it at all, that is all weak and I'm surprised that that's the reaction that Trump has given. I'm surprised he hasn't come back and said very forcefully.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of money to be made there and Trump's not going to be in the White House forever.
Speaker 3: You mean as Russia as a market for Trump post presidency.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of money to be made with an intact relationship with Vladimir Putin and Russia.
Speaker 3: I just feel, well, I don't know if that's I don't know if that's enough for me.
Speaker 2: It's not enough for you. It shouldn't be enough for you, But it's the way things.
Speaker 5: Are, so we don't know if there are any talks.
Speaker 3: There was a report actually out of out of the Kremlin this morning that suggested that there had been some communication because the United States and Russia had allegedly agreed to another prisoner swap. There were a few hundred prisoners that were swapped last week, and everybody kind of took that as a baby step towards some sort of a ceasefire and potential peace agreement. But not clear if that's an actual if that's truth coming out of the Kremlin.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, we'll get into the latest details. Somebody by the name of Capricorn Clark is on the stand at the Diddy trial. This is a female former Diddy employee who is talking about details about when did he discovered that Cassie the girlfriend who is the star witness who has laid out all of the freak offs and the beatings and the druggings and all of it. Turns out she was in a relationship with kid Coody Cutty Cutty, old old Old. I Love I love the music, don't know the name.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I started watching this show.
Speaker 1: It's a I want to say it's a dateline documentary type show. Just one episode in I believe it's a series, not sure how many parts there are, but it's about romance scams online and it just rips your heart out.
Speaker 2: You know, these are older people.
Speaker 1: Some of them are married, but I mean not older older people, people in their sixties and seventies, and they're lonely for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 1: Scammers are so good in that it's not just those emails you would get I'm a prince in Nairobi and I need money for gems to give you, like it's a legit relationship via text and email and ims and all that. And it's it's heartbreaking to see people who are coming alive at this point in their life because of this interaction.
Speaker 3: Is there how much creativity does it require on the scammers part.
Speaker 1: Come up with all those all compliments The majority is just bathing them and compliments and attent, just sheer attention. You don't have to be creative. I mean, these are people that haven't had attention.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the women that's featured, you.
Speaker 1: Know, she raised kids, she's married, she raised kids, kids are out of the home. She loved having the home be the centerpiece where all the kids would come, and the kids' friends would come, and they have the house everyone would come to.
Speaker 2: And then now it's just like she's still with her husband.
Speaker 1: They're fine, but you know, they eat dinner in front of the television. Then he goes and he watches a game or whatever, and she's bored, and all of a sudden, you've got you know, she's playing words with friends. I mean, they're very creative the way they get into it. She wasn't looking for anything. She's playing words with friends on Facebook, just like she does for years, and all of a sudden, it's a new friend that pops up, and then it's just normal communication that you would have with anybody else. And it's awful to see these people realize that it was all just to get money. But these are smart women that are featured in this show. They are smart, accomplished women. And it just it talks. It just it highlights like loneliness and whatever and there it's not it's not a rare thing. It's happening a lot everywhere. And so we had a story that we found in the cut about a woman who says, it was only after my father died that I got access to the conversations with the creatures who fleeced him. He kept like cataloged all the communic hat and loved it, which brings up the question if it makes him happy, is it that bad?
Speaker 5: Well, if he's losing money at it.
Speaker 2: But it's his money, I don't know. Anyway, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: So. Capricorn Clark is a former employee of Sean Ditty Comb's. Capricorn Clark has been on the stand today. They're actually in a short recess in the Manhattan Federal Courthouse where this is taking place. She Capricorn Clark, said that Diddy was armed with a gun and said he wanted to kill rapper Kid Cutting after did he discovered the Cuddy was in a relationship with Cassie Ventura.
Speaker 1: Let me get this straight, Seawn Combs, Sean Ditty Combs would hire male prostitutes to come in and have sex with his girlfriend for ten hours a piece at a time frequently, while he would drug her and all of the things. But he really took issue when she had a real relationship with somebody.
Speaker 2: Right who was also a successful hip hop.
Speaker 3: Artist, Broken person. Capricorn Clark said that Combs actually threatened her with the gun as well. She said, get dress, We're going to kill that guy. Clark said she tried to protest, but Diddy said, I don't give a f what you want to do that he was livid at her for not telling Ditty the relationship between Cutty and Ventura. She said again that he had threatened her multiple times before, but this was the first time that he appeared at her house with a weapon. She also testified multiple times that she saw Combs kicking Cassie Ventura. In fact, the way that she described it, she broke down in tears as she said, did he kicked Cassie Ventura repeatedly down a driveway, kicking the s out of her with one hundred percent full force, and then ordered Capricorn Clark to get out or she would be beaten as well.
Speaker 1: I often think about how it should be a requirement, or you should just know better to require this of yourself. You become larger than life in life, you become a Sean did he Combs?
Speaker 2: You're titan of your industry.
Speaker 1: You're successful, you have money, you have everything you've ever wanted, jets, cars, women, jewelry. What it is it should be required that you have a no person right next to you, someone to say this s has gotten out of control. You're getting out of control because you can't always rely on the person to look and word and be like what the hell am I doing? You know, because they get they get to be so big, and they're filled with so many yes people around them that just enable them to become freaking monsters.
Speaker 3: You know, it's weird that you say that, because one of the things that she testified to today that Capricorn Clark testified to was when the defense starts questioning her, the attorney who did it said we've met before, haven't we. And I guess there was an interview that was done last year and what she said to that attorney at the time was he wouldn't be in this ditty, would not be in this mess if he had kept me around, because I was the no person. I was the person who told, hey, this is a bad idea. You're getting yourself into trouble. You're going to cause more problems, which I think is a kind of a funny way for her to look at it herself, because she talked about being completely in fear of this guy, but that she at the time at least believed that she might have been able to control some of his behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, how do you pick?
Speaker 1: How do you because if you don't have a no person all the life you've worked for, you're just going to ruin it.
Speaker 5: And he clearly didn't have.
Speaker 3: I mean, even she says, I mean in that episode of watching him kick cass Eventura down the driveway, said she tried to get two of the bodyguards to help out. They're not going to do anything. They're paid to just sit there and do nothing because they are there are no no people around him.
Speaker 1: Apparently he gave lie detector tests to his employees as well.
Speaker 6: We should start doing that around here, even if it's not real. Yeah, just for fuck a nine volt battery and if you lie. Oh my goodness. I got out of yoga yesterday.
Speaker 1: I went to Patriotic Yoga.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: They had like sounds of firecrackers and lights and a lot of good messages of being thankful for people who have given it all for this country and for us to be able to do yoga in the middle of a day on a Monday.
Speaker 2: And I get back in the car and I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: All relaxed and all patriotic and feeling great energized. And I have the radio on low and I'm like looking up something on my phone directions to get somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell is this? Good Lord, I turn it up and it's me. I didn't know what.
Speaker 1: We were running like a best of yesterday, but it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'm like seeing the car of trying to find something. I'm like, what the hell is it?
Speaker 5: What is shit walking? Chicken?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I was like, oh man, what a real moment.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't do yoga, but I met one hundred and two year old World War two vet yesterday.
Speaker 5: Wow. He and his buddy.
Speaker 3: Who's one hundred both of them World War two vets that were at the memorial?
Speaker 2: Who's the no guy in that relationship?
Speaker 5: Probably one hundred years?
Speaker 2: One hundred year old? Guys?
Speaker 1: I got you gotta just the freak offs on Tuesday, all right, you guys, like, listen, I made it to one hundred and two.
Speaker 5: What do you know?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: More on that scam of finding out that the eighty two year old dad had a lot of girlfriends.
Speaker 2: But no love, but it made him happy.
Speaker 5: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We have to spend a little bit more time. Maybe in True Crime Tuesday, we can touch back on this as well, because I think it affects a lot of people. Let us know if you or you know somebody who has been affected by these romance scams, because I think this is much more prevalent than anyone thinks. It's talking about this Dateline documentary, I believe it's called something to the effect of hey, beautiful, something like that, Like that was his opening line that he would use all the time. But I think it's more prevalent than we think. And in that documentary, it's not just one woman that's scammed. It's a bevy of women, and it's a bevy of people. Men or others. Women do this as well, pretend to be men who use pictures of real people for their scams. Those people are victims as well. I mean, imagine your picture you would be perfect for this being taken, you know, online somewhere and somebody pretending to be your picture, trustworthy face, you know, acceptible, acceptable. I was gonna give you a compliment right there, and then I pulled back because you you ruined it.
Speaker 2: You ruin the moment.
Speaker 1: But but you know there's there's men out there where they have faces where you'd be like, oh, okay, I can trust this person, and those pictures are being used to commit these awful crimes. But in the cut there was an anecdote that was written about and it was from a writer who says, it was only after my father died that I got access to his conversations with I love the way way he writes this, the creatures who fleeced him. He was so enamored by the members of what he jokingly called his harem that he printed the transcripts of their dialogues and filed them in metal cabinets in his office.
Speaker 5: I liked it. Dad was a little inter retentive man.
Speaker 1: Well, he was a transportation engineer or an urban planner. This is what Dad did. This is how he made sense of things. This is how he kept his belongings chronicled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this, like you said, is more common. I'd love to know. Send us a talkback if this has happened to you, or if that maybe this happened to mom and Dad and you didn't know until later.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon I'm in my eighties and I have had several men trying to contact me through Facebook, and one was like twenty nine years old. And I kind of played the game with that one and said, you know, I'm a little too old for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I like older women. He said, what a joke.
Speaker 4: They are such scammers. They are.
Speaker 1: It is important because I mean, I was captivated by this show and not be not for a purient interest, for a I want to be on guard. I want other people to be on guard of this going on, because it is so human to want a connection with somebody. That's why Facebook is so popular. It's nice to connect with people well.
Speaker 3: And it's also we've talked about this many times in the terms of the wellness aspect of loneliness, that it has a ridiculously detrimental effect to your physical health if you find yourself lonely.
Speaker 1: Because and that's why we're programmed to seek connection, because if we don't, we.
Speaker 2: Die, right, that's dark, it's true. But let us know.
Speaker 1: Hit us up on that talkback feature using the iHeartRadio app. We'll get into it coming up in the twelve o'clock hour, and we get into true crime Tuesday more about this man's life, how he had such a healthy bench, a harem he called it, of women, and kind of the question of if this is how people choose to spend their later years is there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting aspect that I hadn't thought of maybe, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, if he's not losing all of his money.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like in this show, you're getting interviews from the younger relatives and the grandkids, and like they took all of grandma's money or whatever.
Speaker 5: Grandma was pretty happy talking this twenty grandma's money. It ain't your money.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know. So that's it opens up another conversation.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab