Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 2: To make life easier technology and Michael garfil has something you might like.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio. Add now your high Tech Texan, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: So can we say summer has officially started? We look at the calendar this weekend, it is June. For all of you kids across Texas who were out of school, good for you. And for all of you listening outside of Texas, especially on the least coast, you're probably not out of school yet. Sucks for you. One of the mini perks that we have living in Texas and going back to the days when I was in grade school, always got out sometimes in May, while the counterparts around the country they have to go all the way through early to mid June. Yes, I know, but then again, you guys start later after Labor Day. But whatever, it is, game time. Happy summer too. I guess if you're celebrating June twenty, first Solstice day, whatever the longest day of the year. We were still three weeks or so until we hit that day. But hey, listen, Memorial Day, OVA, that's past. Hope you had a really good Memorial Day. We've got Father's Day coming up. Yes, I'm gonna talk about Father's Day things. This is one of the many things that I talk about on the High Tech Textan show. So however you are celebrating, if you're having a nice ice cream cone, if you're having a nice cold pop while listening to my show. Maybe out in the sun by the pool. Pretty cool. I mean, you could be listening to music. You could be listening to your summer tunes. By the way, what's the song of the summer for twenty twenty five? I got a few. Sadly we can't play them because we have no budget for licensing of music. I'm gonna have to hum it and hope we don't get sued. But however you are consuming my show, maybe it's through your EarPods, maybe it's through your big speaker while you're sitting outside by the pool. Thank you so much. If you're not listening live, I do imagine and thank you for downloading the podcast. Every show a two hour show that we do every weekend for well over twenty years. It is immediately put on the podcast by Calum Ree Callum, how are you happy? I guess Callum? Is this summer to you? If you don't know Callum is. I've worked with Callum for so long. Right now, dude, let me describe him. Dude looks like Jesus. And I say this with all due respect. How long is your hair? Calum? Is it a problem during the summer? I mean, how hot? Listen? I got hair. Don't don't get me wrong, but my hair ain't nearly as long as yours. Bro? Do you just do you ever put it in braids or just step corn rows or something? Because it's pro He's gonna get hot out here. Happiest summer Michael Garfield is the day and today on the show, we're going to cover a number of different things. Along with your phone calls at three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine T e X A N. You can call me answer, ask me questions. Michael, dad's day's coming up? Should I get him this? What do you think about this phone? I know you always talk about cars and trucks and SUVs and easy. He's what your opinion. I am here for you, but we are going to talk about a bill little politics over you I built in the state of Texas that would ban social media for miners a minor, that's right, Texas bill. Is it going to pass? I will tell you what it would mean if you were under eighteen years old, and if kids who are under eighteen already don't have a contentious relationship with their parents. So far, this is not going to ease up. This is not gonna help it out because this could means parents it could just rip out and delete their kids' social media accounts. And I gotta tell you, I may I may be leaning in favor of this thing. So stand by for that automatic self driving cars way Mo, which is one of Google's sister companies. This is the vehicles. It's like a ride sharing service if you will, where you get in a car and there is no driver, it's driverless PSALM. I see them in Los Angeles. I see him in San Francisco, Austin not too long ago. Got them everywhere that my show is heard terrestrially, including Houston and San Antonio, in Dallas. Get prep people, got some news because way Mo, the driverless vehicles are coming to our cities. I got thoughts on that, would you trust them and ride on them? And by the way, good luck with Houston streets man. Have you got some potholes? They got? They got some traffic I don't. They may put waymou out of business. And also, since it is summer at least almost summer, depending on how you define it. I do have a number of different reviews which actually could I guess share the idea that Father's Day coming up? I tested. I actually did a video for my Fox seven in Austin, Texas segment I reviewed two high tech barbecue girls. That's right, people, Are you ready for a I to take over your backyard? Uh huh, high tech barbecue grill? Gone the days of waiting for the charcoal to start up on that little tiny weber Nope, uh huh. Push of a button, check it on the app. You got the chicken, you got the steak, you got the ribs, you got the pork butt you got. No, I did not call you a pork but I'm just letting you know what could be done on these grills where you really don't have to know anything about grilling. Not a thing, just some of the many things that we got for you high Tech text and show. Let me tell you how to reach me other than that phone number. You can follow me on social media the app if you want to go to x, if you want to go to Instagram, should you not be blocked? It is high Tech Texting. Hi g h T E C h T E x A N. That's the website. You can look through all my videos that I do when I pop up on weekly for all you Austinites and if you're listening Fox seven every Monday morning, I'm on there with a tech reviewer, tech News pop on Great Day Houston in the Houston area sweek days, Channel eleven CBS. Yes, put a little makeup on me. Do my hair? You know I I do like me. Some I do like me. Some fashion and fits made for TV people made for I talk about geeky stuff. I do not dress like a geek. That's about the only thing I got going for me. Well my hair, I got going that for the two. You can see all that on high Tech Texan dot com. And I will see if I can quickly put up that link to this video that I did We're about a four minute little segment where I'm reviewing to high tech barbecue grills that that dad may want, that grads may want. Don't forget his graduation day. You know what I talk about kids, school being over for all of you. I guess through you know other kids who I still think if you graduate high school, you're a kid before you go off to college. You graduate college, yeah, you're a young adult. So if you're a kid, if you're a young adult, congratulations for graduating. I'm sure you want a gift? Do you want Do kids want gifts or do kids want money? When I graduated high school, I did I even get gifts? Number one boy. Boy, that's going back in the day. I don't think I got money. I was preparing to go to school in college, so I guess I need this stuff from my dorm. And there was not a lot of technology back in the early eighties. Man, I just dated myself right there. But nowadays, if you graduate college, I assume you want money because A if you don't have a job and welcome to the twenty first century, or B maybe you do have a job, congratulations and let me know if you're hiring. So I can work for you. You're moving into an apartment, You're gonna need some extra cash. I don't know, let me know. Three four six twenty nine texts, and I do have some neat ideas for graduation gifts to a friend of mine, a good longtime friend of ours. Their son just graduated medical school. He's a doctor. He's gonna be a doctor. I'll tell you what I got him, because that dude's gonna be working his butt off, just like if you're a lawyer. Those first few years of lawyering and doctor are not funny. Not the route that I took, and definitely not the route any of my three boys tick. That's what's on the lineup today. Listen, thank you so much for tuning in. We're gonna have some fun, probably gonna give something away. I got a restaurant gift guards coming out, like you know what. Don't go anywhere wherever you're listening, stick text. I don't shows a month, payot or defending where you're listening. If you're up in the Dallas area and you're listening on Sunday, June first, it's my first show of gym. No matter how you look at it, A happy summer. Michael Garfield is the name. It is this high tech textan show. I swear I'm not going to geek out. I do recommend answer your questions when it comes to really cool tech products and cars and travel and fashion and bourbon and cigars. It's pretty much whatever I want to yap about or whatever you know, it's I have a knowledge that's it's vast. It may not be deep deep deep deep deep, but at the top level. If you're looking for a dad Father's Day graduation gift, no matter what type of category, I could be your guy. Love to hear from you. Phone numbers three, four, six, twenty nine. Textan If you are too shy as Kaja Goo Goo sings back in the eighties, if you're too shy a call, always send me an email. Michael Garfield spell the whole thing out at iHeartMedia dot com. When I just side note Garfield. By the way, everybody should know g A R F, I E L D. I wonder what's happening in this world. And I'm gonna and I'm gonna tell you why. And I'm serious. I have encountered over the past few years when I check into a hotel or put my name down for a reservation or something, and I say my last name, and I'm a meticulous, old school guy. When it comes like, okay, let me make sure you got my first name, Michael. Amazing how many people jack up the Michael. Is it m I C H E A No, it's not. It's a el. But then I go Garfield. I always spell a man. Just make sure you get it right. But then if they don't hear me, I will. I will say one of two things. Garfield like the cat, which most every single person seems to know and understand, very famous cat created by what the comic you know, comic creator Jim Davis back in the I think it was late seven. I am no relation to Garfield the cat. If I was, I would not be wasting my weekend on the radio. No, sir, I would own an island. But before I use the cat, I say one more thing. Hi, my name is Michael Garfield. G A R FI E L D like the President. You would be amazed the looks I get, President of what? And I'm like, how old are you? And I guess I'm going to take a poll right now before bearing the lead. We've had forty five forty six presidents. I guess I don't know what number Trump is account of twice whatever like that. Does anybody no history that there was actually a president James A. Garfield? I think in eighteen eighty one he was assassinated. He was only president for like six months. But I don't know about you. But when I went to school, way before AHI was created, we had to learn about history, how the United States was founded, our government, and pretty much. I think we had to memorize all presidents. And I guess maybe there were only thirty eight presidents or something when I was in grade school or something. But I thought it was pretty cool because there was a president who had the same last name as I do. Just if you're under thirty, you may not know that. Now it's unbelievable. I checked into a hotel two or three years ago, and I guess it was a young girl at the front desk, and I'm with two of my boys and I'm like, yeah, Garfield, Like they like the president. She thought I was from freaking out of space. President. You don't know there was a president of the United States and them Garfield. No, that was one. Another one came about two weeks ago. And I'm not saying names to protect the innocent over here. It was a receptionist at a dime's office. And probably I guess she was thirty no more than certain, yeah, probably thirty thirty two thirty five tops, same thing. Garfield like the president, president of what? And I don't want to be rude, man, but I'm like, are you kidding me? Then? I say, do you not know there was a president James Garfield back in the eighth and No, I didn't know they was the twentieth president. No, I did not know that. Anyway, I digress a little history, a little street for you young kids out there. There was a there was a Harrison, President Harrison. There was a you know, Lincoln. There was only like what four presidents I think who've actually been assassinated or died in office. Lincoln was one, Garfield was one, McKinley was one. Kennedy was that may be it. That's the good I guess the Garfield claimed to fame. In order, we've got the cat, we've got an assassinated president. Weed down the list. There's Michael Garfield, the high tech Texan show phone number. Here is this is why you listen to me. People. This is why you listen. Three four six two nine t e x A. And I actually will give away a gift card. I'm gonna give away a restaurant gift card here next hour may probably so much. I want to talk about this though social media. There is a bill in our great state of Texas that would ban social media for miners. There is a Texas law that would allow parents to request the deletion of social media accounts for those under eighteen years old. Not passed, but it soon may pass into a law making it illegal for those under eighteen years old to be on social media. It is House Bill one eighty six. And I say this because I really want to hear your opinion. Okay, I'm not massively in favor, I'm not massively against it. I'm just the news guy over here. But it is technology. It is social media that I follow very closely, and it's my state. I would not be affected because all three of my kids are over eighteen. I am over eighteen, so personally to me, it don't matter. But let me tell you about this, and I want to hear from you. Say, if you are under eighteen, hey, call me man, We'll put you on the radio three four six, twenty nine textan, I have an idea what you kids will say if you're under eighteen. I'm more interested with out the respect in the parents who have kids under eighteen? Do you want them on social media? Because this House Bill one eighty six would not only throwhibit miners from creating new social media accounts TikTok, Instagram x, but will car age verification for everyone else who's creating a new account. If this goes to law, parents could request a minor's social media account be deleted in the platform, they'd be required to remove it. Why is it here, Well, there's lawmakers who's I need to get this lawmaker on it. A few of these lawmakers on here to talk about they support this bill because they say it will counter the mental health harm that social media poses to teens. That's why. And I know we're up against the break over here. But is that the only reason? And I'm not leading you down another path of and this is a true, true question. Is it just the mental health? Because I know for a fact social media can pose a threat to mental health, to peer to peer pressure, to bullying, to look at me, look at me. The bill's already passed in the House of Representatives in Texas, still needs to pass the Senate and needs to get a sig from Governor Greg Abbott. But I will tell you this. A similar law passed in Utah last year. It was later blocked by a federal judge, and there's also a legal battle going on the same thing in Florida. When we come back, I will tell you when the bill would go into effect if it's passed in one of the ramifications. But in the meantime, love to hear from you. Here's the phone number. If we don't pick up because we're just innundated, leave a voicemail. We do have the right to play your voice, but I want to hear from you. This is what we do. It's a very interactive show. Three four six two nine Texan three four six twenty nine ten x Am. It is Michael Barfield and yes I'm over eighteen and on social.
Speaker 4: Media, guys said nothing else.
Speaker 2: To you on this first day.
Speaker 1: It's not the first day of summer, but it's it's the last day of May, first day of June, depending on when you're listening this weekend. Hello it everybody in our terrestrialer cities of Houston KPRC nine fifty, San Antonio News Radio twelve one hundred w a I and also Big D my hometown Mighty Mighty Talk Radio eleven ninety. And also if you're listening iHeartRadio dot com, you can look up high Tech Tech Center Michael Garfield and podcast this thing Calum read over here as soon as the show is ovah, he puts it up in the podcast, so you can go back and listen to your hearts content of all the reviews for cars, for Barbie Good, grills or TVs, I don't know. We got dad's grads coming up. I am here for you. I want to finish the subject that that we were just yapping about at parents in Texas. There is a there's a bill just roaming around Austin Capitol that have turned into a law would allow parents to request the deletion of social media accounts for those under eighteen. It is just a bill. It has passed in the House of rep still needs to pass in the state Senate. Still need to get a signature from my governor. Thoughts on this from parents three four six twenty nine, Texan Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. I'll read it X hit me x dot com. High Tech texanspelled the whole thing out. Yes or no. Something tells me, if you're under eighteen, you're gonna I can't believe they would do this. No, I'm gonna fight my parents. No, I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna go all goth and like myself in the room until I'm eighteen. They can't stop me. Fight the power or fight the good fight. Parents are like, you know what, I think, you know, maybe maybe a junior she'd get off Facebook or Instagram or TikTok. Maybe I'll get a little more FaceTime with him or her. I think there's out of doubt that there's one hundreds, no doubt there's two sides. There may be some parents who said no, no, I want my kids on social media. If this bill has passed, it would go into effect on September first of this year, and then on January first, twenty twenty six. They could be enforced with kennalties. All right, now, this is going to be voted on this coming week. It's the deadline for legislator to pass it. Is it's Monday? I think it's June second. Is that June second. Yeah, it is Monday. Come. The reason being lawmakers who support it quite simply say it is going to counter the mental health harm. That's the reason. Trying to think of any other reason mental health. I don't disagree with that, because there is look at me, look at me? Look how many followers, Look how many likes? Why is this person prettier than I am? Why are they getting to do this? There's bullying. There is pressure that social media has brought on that I know. When I was under eighteen, that's one major thing I didn't have to deal with. Social media came along. And I'm going to say Facebook, I mean, I get, I mean, I'm not gonna go my Space because whatever. But I think Facebook was the one that really took off two thousand and one, two thousand and two, two thousand and five. An adult, My kids were under eighteen when it started. One was five years old, and certainly he didn't have an account at that point. But there is pressure. But there's also pressure for adults too, in your job, in your neighborhood. There's there's a lot of pressure. We put it all, I think on the social media companies. What is it up to parents and I again, I'm gonna move on to the subject because I don't want to get too intense to this thing. But I'm just I'm just interested, and I'm getting emails over here, and I'm looking anecdotically, just real quickly as I'm thumbing through my emails Michael Garfield ihartmedia dot com, I assume that well, actually a lot of the here's like ten of them already right now. Yes, I'm a parent. I'm a parent of this. I'm a parent of a seventeen years old I'm a parent of the I actually I would like to see tighter you know, rules and regulations where I, as a parent, do have to say so of what my kids can and can't do online. The only thing I remember as a dad of younger kids, and again, this is a different time. Social media was not nearly as prevalent as it is today. I will go back to the late nineties and my youngest son, he was born in two thousand, so let's go all the way to two thousand and five, two thousand and six, seven, eight, like, okay, so when my oldest was probably ten, twelve, thirteen years old, they weren't on social media. Heck, I don't even know if I was on social media back then. But the biggest concern, and this is, yeah, my radio show was about four or five years into it back then, and the biggest question that I got for parents. It wasn't about cell phones. That came a little later, Hey Michael, what age is appropriate for my kid to get a cell phone? It was about computers. And that was the biggest suggestion that I had. It Again, this goes to harkinsta. I'm gonna shay howl long. I'll be doing the show. This harks back in time. We as a family back in late nineties, I think we had one, maybe two computers. It was they were expensive relatively, they were two thousand dollars. They had to get a monitor and whatever like that. And then the question was, well, how you And there was websites and I don't even know if Google was around. I mean, I don't even know what we were doing on websites back then. Should my kids get on the web the internet? That was the question one social media and my advice to them back then, and this is what I did. I didn't really mind if my kids got on the web. They played a lot of the games, the video games, whatever. But I made sure, as as a parent of young adults, that they did not have a computer, desktop, or a laptop in their rooms. We put the family computer in a in our family room where the TV was, and everything on a desk, so mom and dad could walk by the kids on the computer and watch and monitor what they did. That And again, a funny thing. It was only twenty years ago or so that we have come so far. I can almost guarantee that every parent does not know to the full extent or even have a clue what their kids are doing in their own rooms with their phones. I'm not saying that it's all bad, but they're spending so much screen time anyway. That's that's it. I do want to move on here, but I just thought that was interesting because it is our state, and I care about our state. I care about our kids. I care. I have three wonderful boys, and I'm not taking full credit for that. But I wasn't a Matt.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was not in one of those intense parents, but I was just listen, we cope, we do the right thing. There is no manual for raising a kid, and you even know there's what to expect when expecting. I think I read that thing. But other than that, you just you cross your fingers and you hope you and you hope your kids come out. Maybe our government, our state government, thinks they know why it's best. And that's why it's up to you to talk to you representatives. And you've got probably the next day or day to figure it out. Phone number three four six twenty nine, Texan. One more thing, one more, one more, one more little kid thing? Which what generation are you? You know there's baby boomers, gen X, gin y gen Z. Right, I saw this gen Z. How old are gen Z? I guess my kids? I guess my son born in ninety four might have another son born in ninety seven. I guess they're gen Z said they're thirty years anywhere between twenty to thirty years old. I guess they're they're gen Z. They have a they have a new side hustle to make a little bit money. And you know what they're doing. They're they're not selling plasma. They're not selling they're not going to the blood donation center. That's what we did. I guess when when we need a little extra cash. Now, they're they have no problem selling their data, their data, their personal data, giving companies deeper insight into their lives. That's right. There's this new company, new product actually it's called verb dot ai that's buying data, buying deata and more young people. And again I'm reading a pull over. They're willing to give their personal data much more than their parents are. So this company, it's actually it's Generation Lab, that's it's it's a youth polling company. They have this product called verb dot ai. They're offering people cash fifty bucks more per month depending on you know, on their use, other factors or whatever, to download a track are on their phones. And once it's on your phone, it tracks things like what you browse, what you buy, what streaming app you use, allegedly all anonymously. Apparently, it doesn't track things like activity or bank account. They're doing this for money. It's so funny. I'm not old guy yelling at the clouds on his lawn ride now, but man, the generation gap that my generation at now, I'm Generation X, I'm gen X versus gen Y, gen Z gin the two thousand, dot com or whatever you call these kids. But eighty eight percent of gen Z is open to sharing personal information. With social media companies. That's twenty points higher than older generations. Apparently they don't mind really being tracked with their websites and apps. Okay, that's cool. I mean meaning that they're not doing anything illicit. Kids, And now in break time, right now, kids, let me tell you a little business, little negotating policy. Hold out for more than fifty bones. Your valuable is much more. If you're a date, is much more valuable than fifty bucks a month. People, Come on, millennials, come on, gen z ears, go at least for five hundred dollars a month. All right, when we come back, O man, automatic drug. You know I review cars and trucks and SUVs every single week for fifteen years. I drive one. I am not paid. It is pure content. It is not an endorsement. So I know how to rag on them, and I know how to love on them. How about a driverless vehicle? How about it? Would you drive it? And guess what? My three big cities in Texas way moo. That's right, that self driving automatic robotic vehicle. They are coming to your sit k this summer. You're to sit in the back. Say more about les. Travel season is upon us for the fighting the crowns. Good luck to you, Thank you for down you know what. Download the iHeartRadio app, Spotify wherever, World class podcast I heard. Listen to my show All you Want here as we celebrate the summer season. Last day of May, first day of June. Whenever you're listening to this thing. Michael Garfield is the name I do cover the travel industry too, was it last yea? Last week we had somebody from United Airlines had a representative kind of runs all of their customer service. That's a pretty big deal. Man based here in Houston. I appreciate Andy coming on the show to talk about how they handle and some of their new apps. And they were using Apple Trackers to track their bags and they've got an app, you know, just all this other stuff. I flew earlier this week and on Southwest Airlines. I am I am loyal which is why we have the loyalty programs. I'm United American Southwest. I got Delta Loyalty program Southwest man as a Dallas boy growing up, someone who literally has been flying Southwest probably since I was six years old, as an a list preferred member. That's me big changes people. This week, it is over you knew it was coming, but it was this past Wednesday. I actually flew on Tuesday, the last day that Southwest let you bring on two free bags. It all changed a few days ago. Southwest Airlines began charging thirty five dollars for your first check bag. It'll end of the longtime policy offering the flyers for free luggage, thirty five bucks for your first bag, forty five dollars for your second bag. Oh by the way, if you're a member, if you're an A List or an A List Preferred, you're still getting free bags.
Speaker 3: Ha.
Speaker 1: I still get two free bags as long as I'm an A List Preferred, and I get two free drinks, and I get one hundred percent bonus on all my flat miles. That's actually you know what. I don't do online dating? Really I probably should. That's I also have a companion pass man. That's what that should be on a profile. Hi, how you doing? My name is Michael. I'm a Southwest Airlines A List Preferred. I am a Companion pass holder. Would you like to be my companion? I'll buy you a drink or two and bring up to two bags. Ain't gonna costume nothing, honey, somebody gets South. But I'd love to talk to Southwest Airlines marketing people. You know what, I know the United, I know people United too. I'm going to get an official airline on the High Tech Texan. I mean, why not listen? My show is in Houston, It's in Dallas, and it is in San Antonio. The three cities, the Southwest Airlines, the triangle that her gellaher created it in. Why is Southwest not a sponsor mine? United? You're in there to bidding war. Talk to my people. Southwest also rolling out basic economy fairs. That's gonna replace There's no there's not gonna be anyone to get away options anymore. They're gonna be basic economy fairs. They do not have assigned seats yet. That is coming next year in twenty twenty six. I also saw this and I'm just one more travel over thing. Speaking of United, they actually made a little change this year. Question for you phone number here on the Michael Garfield Show All Around the World three four six, twenty nine Texan as I do cover the travel industry. Question how early do you get to the airport to check in for your flight? And let's just say it's a domestic flight, how early there are something. I think the older you get, you get there earlier. I think my parents now if they fly, they will get there the day before, I mean two hours before, one hour before. United Airlines they just change it's check in deadline for domestic flights. They now you have to be checked in forty five minutes before departure starts this coming week. Before that, it was just thirty minutes you have to check in. They say it's for greater consistency for their customers. Whatever. I want to know this. Who doesn't check in to their flight more than less than twenty four hours? I mean, I know on Southwest I'm automatically checked in because I'm an a list preferred I think, what seventy two hours beforehand? But I want to get a low boarding number on Southwest, I want to get a fifteen, a sixteen, a seventeen, whatever it is. And I guess other ones. I guess United. I want to make sure that I have all my documents, I have the app downloaded. I want to get the QR code, just scan on the thing. I don't think this is a big deal. It's just fifteen minutes. These airlines are just to continue to change, change change man. I also saw this. I guess we're just going to do a I will talk about way Mo cars next hour to stand by. One more thing, Apparently United Airlines just also did a partnership deal with Jet Blue. What's the deal over here there? They can I don't know if it's a code sharing type of thing, but you could share your miles that I've I have never flown Jet Blue in my life. Jet Blue. I'm listening to you. You actually you could also get into the negotiations as the official airline of the high tech taxan jet Blue. I don't know anything about Jet Blue. I assume it's a decent airline. I like their planes. I like the logo on the planes. It's all I know that they've combined. And then they're not renaming. They created a program. They're not renaming Jet Blue. I don't think it's official merger. They're just they're combining loyalty points or something of that nature. But they're calling this new shareable program blue Sky Jet Blue United Sky. Okay, finn, Oh wait a minute, isn't that the name of a social media app in Blue Sky? I signed up for a Blue Sky. It you know, kind of goes after ex Twitter type of thing. I know they could trademark it, because they don't. It's an airline type of thing. It's a cool name. It's confusing. What's your blue what's your blue Sky? I think I'm high tech Texan dot blue Sky dot com. I think I don't use blue Sky a lot, but they call the Blue Sky Mergers. There's gonna be a lot of people flying. Just be patient. People, be patient. That's my travel update, brought to you by nobody right now. Oh, but I want to make this a regular second man, especially this summer. I like all you travel information and again all the tech year that you need, all the rule wireless tags for bag trackers, traveling international, got some hotspots, got some Wi Fi hot spots. Eye on your dot. Look about the number one more time. As we end our number one it is three four six twenty nine techan. When we come back, I promise to talk about this driving vehicles ride sharing vehicle that you may have seen or heard in other cities around the country, all over LA, A lot of them all over San Francisco, but they are coming to Texas. Some are even molding that as I speak that come helping the other side.
Speaker 5: Hanging there.
Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfer.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texas items to make life easier technology.
Speaker 2: And Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texas three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heurd worldwide on the iHeart Radio Act. Right now, you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: One hour down, one hour to go, which means we are halfway through the high Tech Texan show. Say it with me here on the first day of maybe of June, last day of May. We are a halfway at a happy hour, and I hope you are having a happy hour where it's gonna get to be one hundred degree real quick man, Welcome to Texas. Michael Garfield is the name phone number here. One hour we'll do dads and grads, gift suggestions, a lot of other really interesting news in the world of tech, but also consumer lifestyle. Three four six, twenty nine Texan. If you are laying by the pool having a nice coldie, should you be twenty one years and above? I do thank you save one for me because in about an hour from right now. I don't know if I get an invite. You know, got a new bathing suit and a new swimsuit. I'm ready to go for you. I did see this non alcoholic beer. Anybody ever tried those things? Non alcoholic beer to me is in the same category as caffeine free soda, meaning what's the point? And actually I think that would be a good name for a non alcoholic beer. It a already be one because I love crazy beer names. What's the point? Brew? But anyway, not the point. Non alcoholic beer is on track to overtake it al as the second largest beer category category by volume worldwide this year. This is a new projections from this industry tracker IWSR, who attracts beer something. Overall beer volume fell about one percent last year, but volume for his non alcoholic beer it grew nine percent worldwide non alcohol and I know some of the brands I don't even know if I've ever tried non alcoholic beer. You know why? Because what's the point? I'll tell you the point. So I just got back from visiting to my boys live in La. Thirty year old twenty four year old kids nowadays are not drinking nearly what they used to, and certainly in my generation. I say, kids, I apologize because you do have to be twenty one at least in this day of Texas. All my kids are above twenty one. But these Generation Z millennials, whatever you want to call them, they're not drinking as much. And I find that interesting. And apparently this and note, but I just saw that non alcoholic beer is projected to over become the second largest beer category. I guess it's gonna overtake a light beer or something. I don't even know, but they drinking. And I can prove this My thirty year old vegan, by the way, which is neither here nor there, because there's vegan beer and you can drink like that. He's not drinking Ardie Pooper because you know what, I'm a dad man. Let's got a beer. Let's go watch it in the NBA playoffs. Let's go watch it. No mean, I'm just gonna have some water. My twenty four year old, he graduated college what three years ago, wasn't ever a None of my kids were really really big alcoholic drinkers, which is great and proud of that, but uh, I know he used to drink it. And I'm like, hey, I'm gonna go I'm here for a while and I got this Airbnb and We're gonna hang out at the beach. I'm gonna go get some beers and you know, maybe some tequila stuff, like what do you want?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You know, maybe I'll have a beer here and there, but that's it. And I'm like, yo, I do I know you don't have a lot of alcohol. You you know you expensive lived in California. I'm gonna buy your groceries everything. Man, I'll stalk up your liquor cabinet. Nah, I'm good. It's crazy, is it? It's good, I guess. But have you found this to be true with your kids? Anyway? That's found that interesting as I travel the world. So anyway, Michael is the name. While I was in LA. That's a that's a hard segue right now, driving around there are in LA in California, lots of EV's, lots of electric vehicles. There's also a lot of autonomous self driving rideshare of cars, and you've heard about them, one of which is Waimo. I've seen way Moo before. They're in Austin. They launched in Austin on a limited basis about a year ago, but in La they these Waymo vehicles were almost everywhere. I mean every I don't know. It seemed like every few miles. Be it on a highway, be it at a stoplight. Here is this beautiful Jaguar car. It's the Jaguar I Pace. It's an electric vehicle, souped up that you can't miss. They're white with radar on top, with this two little you know, spinning light ar which is a type of radar type of thing on the sides. You can't miss this stuff. And if you look inside the tinted windows, the ain't no driver. The first time you ever see a vehicle without a driver, you are kind of freaked out. For me, it was about eight years ago. I mean I was in San Francisco. I'm leaving the airport, driving up the highway into the city of San Francisco. I look over from my Uber, which was being driven by a real person, and there was no one driving in a car. Crazy. You don't see these a lot in Texas. Oh guess what people Waymos driverless feet. Yes, it's the fleet. They've been around in Austin for a while. They're coming to all my terrestrial cities who listen to this radio show over the air, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. And let's start with Houston. Houston, you're gonna be seeing these freaky things because driverless vehicles from Weimo, which is Google's sister company, they're gonna be here. They're doing this kind of a road trip. Weymo's bringing about ten vehicles. They're gonna be driving around some Houston neighborhoods, some of the interstates, and it's gonna be freaky. Dicky san Antonio, I believe they just started this little media tour, and Dallas, I believe it's coming to you too. It's not permanent as in now I know Waimo in the Houston test market. It's gonna be done by the end of summer. I guess the question is, are you read day for this? Would you step inside in the back seat tours locked telling it from an app where you want to go from point A to point B unlike any other ride sharing app, have a no driver there three four six twenty nine, Texan. Because it is coming, I need to get in touch with Waymo teams because I actually want to do his TV story on this thing, and also maybe do some videos. I've been in a Waimo before, but now that it is here in my state on a larger basis than just Austin, I want to check this thing out. By the way, I think, way moo, they should be scared of Houston drivers. Am I wrong about this? Am I wrong? The streets Listen, it ain't no city street, no big city. They're now perfect, you know, as potholes or his bumps. Houston already has a pretty bad relationship with driving. You mix in some driverless cars, it's a big obstacle, baby. I mean, do they give you like a volume you or something when you step in. It's gonna be a stressful experience. You're gonna it's gonna be some you know, there's gonna be some probably accidents here. I will say there's there in Houston. Traffic is bad. Only of a city that is worse. I do think is La just because it's La is so big, so much bigger than Houston area wise, people wise, very rarely is there just a straight shot up and down the four oh five five or whatever. It is. La is bad Houston. You're number two to me, these cars work on AI. They learn from human behavior. Houston's gonna be. It's gonna be a really terrifying fleet of autonomous vehicles prime to rule the road was be ready for it. Let me know if you're ready to hop in that car three four six twenty nine text and Michael Garfield is the name. When we come back, we're gonna get away a gift car to a arrest or. Run stand by for that to be the perfect caller. H And also, hey, summer, I know you should be outside, but I saw a whole cool list of streaming deals deals. May I want you to cut your cord? Now's the time to do it before football season. There's some good deals out there. Again, I'm not getting paid. This not endorsement, but I would tell you a big old mama list of new streaming deals to get your toe in the water for trying something. When it comes to streaming TV, it is Garth right now. Oh. Also, by the end of the hour and the show gonna review two high tech barbecue grills. Are you ready for AI to take over your backyard? This is how much content I have for you back, mister Michael Garfield. You don't need to call me mister. We're tight. Just call me GARF G A. R F. Got about forty more minutes in the show. Lots to talk about still, I got a few things to give away, little gift cards standby for that. I have to talk about cars. Been testing, you know, fifteen years. Every week I get a brand new car just for one week. Sadly that I don't get to keep it. I've driven over one thousand vehicles, suvsvvs, evs, sports cars, minivans, you name it. If you are in the market for purchasing one. If you want my opinion, I am here for you. Send me an email. Michael Garfield. iHeartMedia dot com. See if you can get into the phone lines three four six twenty nine Texan, I will. What was I in this past week? I had a Nissan Frontier, which is a mid size hiccup truck.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good. Not the sexiest thing I've ever driven when it comes to mid sized trucks, but I do like the size. I kind of like mid size trucks personally a little bit more than the quarter time of the full size trucks, just in terms of number one. They're much easy to park because mid size much smaller. Uh you know, I don't have to worry about the clearance, you know, the six foot eight inch Clarence going in underneath the parking garage that I've always you know, get a little nervous every time I'm in a big truck. It's they're they're cheaper, without a doubt. I don't haul a lot of stuff. I just don't, you know, schlep or a toe, a lot of things. That's why for me, if I had to get a truck, personally, i'd get a mid sized truck. But rest assured people, I've done everything from the Ford to the RAM, to the Toyotas to the Cheves, the GMC's. I got all the pickup trucks under my belt. So I am here for you. We'll get into that with that. What I also like, you know, some of these stories that you guys send me, because you know, I like talking about whatever that you know, the world I feel like, especially if it comes to food and funny things. Real quickly I saw this, there was a this is brilliant. This is like I work for a comp Well, listen, I'm an entrepreneur. I also work for iHeartRadio. I also have these TV stations, you know, kind of on a contract basis, so I personally don't have an expense account. I've always wondered what it's like to have an expense account because a number of my buddies and a lot of my contacts who work for real companies, they have credit cards and they can expense everything. Like damn man, you mean you could just you take clients and you don't even have to see the bill and your you know, your accounting team takes care of it. It's just, yes, I'm jealous, obviously, I understand how some accounting works that you know, you really have to justify that you're going out to dinner or you're you're having a meal, or you're taking people to lunch whatever, or sometimes you don't get meals. You have to buy office expenses, or you have to you know, hotels or specifically travel whatever it is. This is beautiful. There is a burger shop in Toronto, never heard of it. It's called Good Fortune Burger. They renamed some of their menu items to sound like office supplies so they can help remote workers potentially expense meals through their work accounts. I'm not kidding. I'm looking at this made right here. Here is a double meat burger, tomatoes, cheese slaw. I mean it looks great. Twelve dollars and fifty Canadian whatever it is. But the name of it so when it prints out on the receipt is ergonomic aluminum laptop stand. And actually I'm kind of hungry right now, so I want to order the silicone keyboard cover, which, by the way, is a build your own burger, but make your boss pay and you can customize it. Anyway. Here's one call. There's this is a chicken sandwich. It looks phenomenal with a side of called wired earphones with Mike just the us. If you want to say, if you want to side a fries USB wired mouse, his dad is absolutely studdying. That is stunningly brilliant. Anyway, we continue. This is this is this is how I run the High Tech Texan Show. It is great to have you here. I did promise what if I oh, yeah, summer you should be outside. I saw a list of streaming deals. There's nothing really to do for the next two months. When it comes to television. NBA season is about to end. If you're a baseball fan, good for you. You can watch baseball. I'm personally not the biggest baseball fan, even though I'm a massive sports fan, So you have to look at you know, TV shows are kind of in reruns and repeats, but you know streamers constantly have things coming out on my on my X account. I'll do it high Tech Texan h I G H T E C h T E x C and I'm gonna put this list up here. I found a list of streaming deals deals. Because streaming services start, they can add up to be much more expensive than a cable bill, which mine is well over three hundred dollars. And you know what, screw you, Exfinity. I'm getting ready to kill this thing too. But the point is, here's something from Peacock. Get to get one year for twenty five dollars with this promo code. Here is Apple TV. You get three months free, which is pretty good because you can watch the Studio. I'm borrowing somebody's Apple TV Plus account. I just watched all nine episodes I think of the Studio with seth Rogen, a very funny Hollywood send up stars. Three months for four dollars per month. That's not bad. YouTube TV, which I probably at some point I'm going to get and subscribe to. When I cut my freaking Exfinity expensive cable bill, I will have internet. I have to have internet access, but I do with YouTube TV. It's not cheap. But here we got sixty dollars per month for the first two months subscribers only. We got Slang TV, we got Fubo MLB TV. Uh, we got this. I'm gonna put this list here for on high Tech Texan, which is my I put on my website too high Tech Textan dot com. But as the authority across the world, if you're listening to Exfinity, I am the authority of technology to tell and recommend and deal to consumers what to get, maybe what to steer away from to save dollars for your technology viewing and entertainment pleasure. As much as I absolutely enjoy the interactivity the user interface of Comcast Exfinity service, seriously, I really do the voice act, but the guide and everything, dude, it is just too freaking expensive. I used to be the spokesperson for Time Waterer cable Roadrunner for all of you Ustonians who were around in two thousand and one, two thousand and two when Roadrunner was the first high speed thing. I was the guy on the TV commercials, the billboard wards, my radio show all across the state of Texas. I help launch high speed Sadly time Warner left Comcast came into Houston at least where I live, and I'm getting charged in arm and a leg. It's gonna be cheaper people, But anyway, one of the other things. I could to tell you to do that, But you know what, I'm here to save you money. I'm here to give you a deal. Who wants to win something? Right now? You hungry? You know what I'm gonna do. Well, well, I don't want to confuse to to I've got so many companies and so many friends in the restaurant industry. And it's summer, the kids are out, you want to eat? Anybody ever heard of bread Zeppelin? I have no clue why they have not yet been sued really by a band, a famous band from the seventies, really in the eighties. That kind of sounds familiar, but I guess they can use it. It is a sandwich and salad shop. I know there's one location, one or two locations in Houston. There's some locations in Dallas too. They are so cool. They have a gift card, right, fifteen dollars gift card. I think it's a fifteen dollars gift card. If not twenty, I am not kidding it. It's near in Houston is on fifty nine. It's inside the loop. It's it's not it's right across from Joelostein's Oasis of Live phenomenal because what they do is bridge it. They make their bread there and it's like the submarine type of French bread sandwiches, and they hollow them out and they put salad in there, so it's like a salad with bread. You can you can also get a salad bowl too. Phenomenal. Tenth collar three four six two nine t e x A N. Right now three four six two nine t e x A N. You are getting a gift card to bread Zeppelin. We have several of these over the next few weeks. And I do think the good folks over at bread Zeppelin, along with Sherry Hendrinos great pr so she was able to hear some of those. That's how we do it here on the high Tech textan show. All right, thirty more minutes, don't go where we have another gift card coming up, and when we come back, I am going to talk about cars. There's a few features that you know, that start stop feature of a car when your engine turns off and turns on. Got some inside info in that. Sometimes it bugs people. It kind of bugs me too, and some of the cars are And also if you're looking for an EV there's a company who just come is coming out with a brand new EV battery and all I can hope for it charges one hell of fast because me don't like waiting an hour to charge these MeV cars. That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 2: It is the Hyping Testae Show.
Speaker 1: We do have a winner, a beat Bread Zeppelin. It's a sandwich. It's a sandwich salad shop. It's phenomenal. By the way, we have a winner for the gift card, so don't call any more standby. We have one more gift card before now I'm the end of the show. If you want a little a little fast, tex mechs and it is phenomenal to just try. Here's my deal. I'm trying to get everybody else fat to make me look thinner. It's there's my game plan. Michael Garfield. It is the High Tech text and show. We have recommended a number of different things about your tech and Father's Day is coming up over the next two weeks. We'll talk more about Father's Day gifts, guides. If you're getting data car and if you are, I want to be friends with you. But if somebody is looking for a car, there's so many different features in a car, and I really do. One of the reasons, actually, the reason I started reviewing cars and trucks and vehicles fifteen years ago is I realized that they are indeed nothing but technology they built. They are built on technology. The technology features they have nowadays, with the the cameras, the bird's eye view, the backup camera, just the the the engines, the the ev the electricity type of thing. It's tech, tech tech. And I do over a thousand different vehicles on a weekly basis. I test drive. I do not get paid these or not endororsed. They're my true thoughts, and so if you do are in the market for something of a vehicle, I'm more than happy to give you my thoughts and opinions. But some I have found of these little tiny features in cars, well not find it, but the features in cars I scratch my head, want to know is it worth it? Who came up with this idea? One of which was and this has been around for all many years. Do you have a car or vehicle that has start stop technology? Start stop which means you're rolling along driving your engine, your hybrid engines is everything. It's cool, it's running. You get to a stoplight and all of a sudden your engine shuts down when you hit the brake and and you're just stopped and then it restarts when the break is released. That's called start stop technology. Was told and understood it to be, well, it's going to conserve gas, it's going to idle really to shut the engine off, and it'll save you know, the it'll help the environment. The EPA administrator is the today. It's like, you know, it's it's this. You know, we're not going to be you know, the combustible and there's the fog is not going to be up there and everything coming out of the exhaust pipe. It's in sixty In twenty twenty two, it was in sixty five percent of vehicles. Okay, it's been around since at least twenty sixteen. As I'm looking here, well, guess what the EPA. Who is this EPA, the EPA chief. His name is Lee Zelden. I need we need to get Lee on the No, we need to get Lee Zelden on my show here. Apparently he's not a fan of this technology right now. He calls it quote a climate participation trophy. He said that the EPA proved it, but everyone hates it. So the EPA is going to fix it. What does this mean now the EPA. I will make this clear, the EPA does not mandate start stop technology. It doesn't mandate it because you know, most all cars that you know, a lot of guards don't have it. But regarding the future of this technology, I I mean, given that the EPA already provides extra fuel economy credits to automakers that adopt it, they may cut those if anything. I just don't at the bottom line for automakers dealing with cost issues, I think the EBA's positioning on this start stop feature, it could prompt some car companies to phase out this technology sooner than later, and many might find that, you know, fighting for a feature that really isn't that popular with car buyers probably isn't worth the battle with the administration. With the EPA. I don't know if you got thoughts on this, does it matter? Do you like it? Am? I? I don't. I don't know. This is what I am just throwing out ideas and to give you the updated news. Told you I do get the drive cars I had. I had two vehicles last week, one of which I told you was a Nissan Frontier mid size truck. There are a number of different trucks that fit the mid size category. These are not the F one fifties are those are you know what we call half tons all right? Half ton trucks or quarter ton trucks or full size truck. There are mid size trucks. The number one best selling mid sized truck is the Toyota Tacoma. Okay, by far, There's the Ford Maverick. There's the Chevy Colorado. There's that Nissan Frontier. Chevy Colorado's sister, which is it's the GMC Canyon. These are smaller vehicles. I personally like these because I don't haul things. They're easier to maneuver, They're much easier to part. It's still has a bed, you know, maybe not as long as the full size you know, six foot or longer. Beds. But if you want up you know Carrie's you know, schleps some wood or suitcases or moving some sort of furniture up. They're they're they're good for you. The nissuand Frontier decent. It's got good features us It's not as comfy as and sexy. Dare I say as other mid sized vehicles. I think a set I think to me the sexiest mid size in terms of the the nice seats, the infotainment, the comfortability. Probably and again this is nothing I talk about is paid whatsoever? These In my opinion, I like the GMC Canyon, GMC Canyon. The GMC is the higher end versions of Chevy. Because Chevy also makes the Colorado. The Chevy Colorado the GMC Canyon, pound for pound, are the same vehicle. It's built on the same frame. It's gotta be the GMC. They have a little bit more up rated things inside the pad of things. Now, Chevy Colorado that's one of the top four, top five better selling ones. They are less expensive than the GMC CanYa, which is why that's better selling too. If you're looking to get a Nissan Frontier and there's not a lot of mid sized pickup trucks out there, mid size pickup trucks. Right, there's there's an Honda Ridge line, which I think I'm getting a Honda Ridge line next week, which is interesting. I'm going back to back mid sized trucks. You should you may want to consider it. It runs about forty forty three thousand dollars, certainly much cheaper than your big half tons or you know, full sized pickup trucks. So that's when I had the other vehicle that I was in. I was in a Mazda Miada. Yes, the Masda still makes these little cars. Oh is it a Masda mare people? I will tell you that I'm gonna give you. I'm telling you like it is. This is what I did. It was the Mazda Miata Club RF. It was a hard top convertible, which not only I like convertibles, was good. You know, when it's in the hot summer in a few months, I really don't like driving around in the convertible because it's it is hot and nasty in Texas. But in this case, I needed this top to be off because I am a six foot tall dude and I barely fit in this Mazda Miada Masdi Miada has been around for at least a generation, right, if not two generations. They are I'm gonna use the word cute. It's a cute. It's a cute car. It's a head turner. Oh look at that little thing. They're not expensive. This, believe it or not, was one of probably the very few stick shift cars that I get in a given year. I do not recommend nor enjoy driving a stick shift car in traffic. And if you're driving on a daily basis, Sir, Leantown's like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio where my where my radio show is hurt terrestrially. You do not want to You don't want to sit on that clutch. Then you got to put it into neutral, Then you gotta shift it into first, then you gotta go back. It is a pain. This is the smallest vehicle I have ever driven, and I get I get a mozzed to me out of probably once every two years. I smile, but I also frown at the same time during the week that I have it. It's just very low for me to get into and it is extremely tight. I have long arms, right, This thing is so small that when I put my right arm elbow when I rest it on the center console between the driver the passenger seat. Obviously, I have to use my right hand to to switch shift gears because it's it's it's it's a manual gearshift, but the radio control and the control for the infotainment system it's further back, so I have to slide my arm back to reach it. But there's no room in the back to slide it because that's it. There's only two seats. The trunk maybe held two bags of groceries. And because it's kind of an open air thing, it's kind of loud, very tough to hear bluetooth even when the top is up. And Mazda, I'm just not a fan of their infotainment system. It's just it's just not there. The graphic user, the user interface is not there. It's handy, a fun car. If you are a smaller person, I would not recommend it on it as a daily drive if you're over five and a half feet tall, maybe five seven five eight tops. But if you're on a budget, they don't cost that much and you're you don't have any kids, you don't want to schlup a lot of stuff in the back and you certainly don't play golf because the ain't no way you're fitting golf clubs in this thing. You can go check out the Mas Tomada. But other than that, ah as at least a little older demographic and the taller demographic mos to meauta fun but not as practical as I was like for somebody in my space and time in life right now? Does that make sense? There? You go those that if you want me to review a vehicle you haven't tried, you haven't heard me talk about. First of all, go to my website high Tech Textion dot com and go find a podcast. Go to I Heartrady to look for height High dash Tech Texan hih dash Tech. You will see hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of my podcast no more than ten minutes long, of me reviewing cars. Let me know if you want me to try and you test drap something and you haven't add finals a segment coming up, don't go anywhere, give something away and we'll wrap it up. Michael Garth though High Tech Textan show less than ten minutes or so. Before we get out of here, we'll let you back into your beautiful first weekend of June or last day of May, depending when you're listening to this across these state of Texas and around the world on the iHeartRadio show. I want to follow up one more thing I teased about the cars industry. Obviously, I review, I test drive vehicles on a weekly basis, and I do, honestly think I really enjoy hearing from you. Hey, Michael, I heard your recommendation about this vehicle. My wife and I went out and bought this thing. I love it. My kids like the backseat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Just think that's what I do. It is sadly it is not paid because we like paid things here in this industry. This is pure content, which is why I can give reviews like I just did for the Mazda Miata, where I just did not give it a glowing review because it's just a little too small for me. There's just some features I didn't like. But anyway, go podcast it, Callum read appreciate everything you do. Callum. He'll put this up on the iHeartRadio podcast when we're done. You can listen to the whole show. One more thing, though I do, I do test drive evs. I don't want to go into my normal spiel where yes, you know me, you've listened to me. I really like EV's. I think they're sexy cars. I think they're super fast. I think they're neat, But I personally wouldn't get one because I do not like the battery charging infrastructure that we have currently in the United States. And that's true. Okay, I don't want if I live in Houston, I want to go visit my parents in Dallas. I want to get in the car and I want to roll up by forty five without stopping. Okay, I don't want to have to stop in Centerville. I don't want to have something Fairfield. Cross my fingers that I can find a charger, then wait an hour and a half and get on my merry way. I have ADHD. I'm not like that. We got a roll. However, some news saw something that gm GM. They're unveiling a new groundbreaking EV battery technology and they're trying to be first to the mark with this stuff in the United States. It's a lithium manganese rich battery cell. That's right, folks, get ready for another acronym. It's called LMR Lithium manganese rich prismatic battery cell. It's going to be used in evs starting in twenty twenty eight. Oh good, only three more years. Apparently they're going to be less expensive, they use less expensive minerals, they're lighter, and they're more cost effective. Awesome, great press release words. SIS mean GM you were going to lower the cost of your evs. Ah tell me that? Tell me that. It doesn't say here they're going to be charging faster though. Nope. Let me look because that's what I care about. I like the fact that manufacturers are trying to come up with solutions to make batteries lighter, because the light of the battery is the light of the car is. The longer, the more mileage you can get because it's it's you know, it's not tearing as much low, Get it cool. I hope they store more energy in there so you can get more range instead of just two hundred and fifty miles, maybe three hundred fifty miles if you're lucky. That's good. Charge the thing faster. I mean China a month ago, month and a half ago evs everywhere you're doing there are scentives for Chinese consumers inhabitants to purchase evs versus gas vehicle byd which is the one of the major manufacturers over there who produce relatively inexpensive evs, much cheer than we get here in the United States. They're coming up with a battery that allegedly can charge in ten minutes. They have cars with batteries that are swappable, meaning you roll up to a gas station or a service station like entity store and they will take your battery out and they will swap it. It's kind of like a propane tank switch. You're ready to go. You don't need to wait around. That is what's going to get me to purchase in EV. But I think evs are great for a second car, and if you don't need to drive far, keep it in your neighborhood. If you've got a charging you know, infrastructure inside your house and your office. Good, it's all yours. Go get an EV if you want my recommendation, and I test drive and EV probably have at least once a month. So I am here for you with that. What else before we wipe up the show and get you out of here. For all you Apple fans, I don't talk about Apple a lot. I really don't. Apple is going to start renaming allegedly. I have to say allegedly, because they're just rumors. They're going to be renaming their operating systems. What are we are? We're on iOS eighteen something like that. Well coming out you know obviously July in the fall, there's going to be an E that's when they release the new iPhones and everything, and that's when they release a new operating system. And what they do is they come up with it. They just increasing in a number. We're at iOS eighteen right now, so you're expecting iOS nineteen to come. Nope, Apple, Look at what they're doing. One of, if not the world's largest company that you think knows consumers. They're doing something consumer friendly. They starting this fall, are going to change their numbering system. They are going to make it in sync with what year it's released. So the next announcement, the next stepdate is going to be iOS twenty six because next year is twenty twenty six. Look at you wonder where they got that idea, maybe because that's how cars are numbered. This is the twenty twenty five version of the mas de Miata. Next year we're gonna get a twenty twenty six Nissan Frontier. It's exactly how sports video games like college football two K, Madden twenty six. That's how that's like, good job for you. By the way, Samsung, which maybe one of the last times I ever mentioned Samsong. Long story, Samsung began naming its flagship smartphone releases by their launch years, like five years ago. They remember it. They had a Galaxy S ten back in twenty nineteen. The next year, boom, it was the Galaxy S twenty because it was twenty twenty for you. But just it just makes things cleaner, it makes things simpler, which is how I do. Tell you what. As we get out of here, I want to give away one more thing. You know, I love me some text mechs, and you know I love Cabo Bob's. As we get off the air, caller number ten, I'm gonna give you a twenty five dollars gift card to one of, if not my favorite fast food restaurants. And I don't even like calling a fast food because it's just fast casual because you know what, they take time in making your burritos and making your tacos, and making your salads and your caesadillas, and the time to make those unbelievable chips with the caso there for you. Four locations in Houston, many locations in Austin, one in San Antonio. Sucks for you, Dallas, but you're still eligible to win tenth collar right now as we wind the show up. Tenth collar three four six two nine t e x A N which means three four six two nine eight three nine two six two nine eight three nine.
Speaker 4: Two six what's a three four six yeah eight three ninety.
Speaker 1: Six colored tim that congratulations two of the winds. Every week it's the summer of food. Thank you, Tabo, Bob and does Zeppelink for a gift Targe Total Wireless. We love Total Wireless. If you're thinking about getting a new phone, a new data planning, you need to look at Total Wireless becausey could save you so much money. This is a good time during the summer to look at all your streaming, but look at all your cell built, look at all your build and maybe take it back and start saving some money because we need to because the cost of living is only as great and detail and I'm here to save you. Somebody my name Michael Garfield. Thanks also to everybody with iHeartRadio across this data Tectors keeps me on here for t three plus years. Happy summer, almost people, enjoy your June. My name is Garth, and right now my show is Oh.