Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and raid it live Stock and me righteous go on Yesterday and listening watching Limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James.
Speaker 3: Bubo Fay, Hey, bobes, Hey, Matt. What's going on? Man? Everything good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just uh ready. We got a great guest calling on the day, so I'm excited for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I'll tell you that it's been a busy day. I mean I kind of I think I woke up wearing my running shoes or something, because I woke up and have not stopped since. I think I've had about eight minutes down And I take that back. I drove to the I drove to work, so I had fifteen minutes of uninterrupted peace for a moment. But other than that, I've been busy, busy, busy. The cast streamed down the in the outbuilding is nearing not nearing completion, but the first phase is definitely close to being done. Hanging doors, doing all that sort of stuff. Had to go to work today because there's a flu going around and one of my employees was out, so I had dropped by work and all chaos broke out there because all sorts of stuff was going on, good stuff, good stuff. When I right when I walked in, Niko was there and he goes, hey, there's a guy in the back that knew Paul Freeman. He said, no kidding. So I went back there and talked to him, and I guess Paul Freeman was like part of the four H Club or something, and he knew this guy and he was better friends with Wes Summerlin. So he's telling me the stories about Wes and Paul and everything, and then he goes, oh, footprint casts, I'll show you what I do with these, you know. And he shows me a picture on his phone of a footprint cast that I've never seen before. I go, wow, where'd you get this? Because he mentioned how Grover Krantz is I think sister or niece or somebody had a store in the Kennewick area, the Tri City area, and is that one of the Krantz I've never seen that. I've never seen that cast before. He goes, oh, no, that's when my friend gave me down in hum Or, Northern California, somewhere and there's a there's a creek down there off the Smith River, and he's got a couple of them off there, and go, no kidding, So he's going to try to find out He's going to try to find the name of the creek and tell me what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anything anything that those Wilson Creek tracks.
Speaker 3: Wilson Creek maybe it is. I don't know, but I have his number, I have his name and everything. But check this out. That wasn't even the end of it. You know, I'm going to try to copy that at some point. I think I kind of mentioned like, well, I drive through Kennewick every once in a while if I'm out there, would you mind if I drop by and maybe make a quick copy of it? And he didn't seem to be adverse to that, which is kind of cool, but the same the same guy. He goes, oh, yeah, you know my son. I think it was my son. My son filmed one one time. What he goes, yeah, yeah, well, god, maybe you can get me in touch with them. I'd love to see it. And he goes, oh, it's on my phone. I'll just show you. So oh yeah, sure, okay, And so he pulls out his phone, and I guess the story was. It was on Tiger Canyon Road out in the Blues, you know. So it was wintertime and there's this there's a gate over there on the road that goes up and during the winter time they close it. So these guys they backed their snowmobile, like they back their trucks up against the gate and then put their snowmobiles over the gate, you know, in this drive up Tiger Canyon Road. And so what they did is they drove up kind of towards the top and you know, did their hanging out and goofing around and like they're doing, just enjoying their snowmobile day. On the way back down, herd a elk cross in front of their snowmobile, and so they stopped for a minute and they filmed it and everything, and then they kind of swung the camera up on the hill and filmed a big bull elk up on top of the hill and kind of swung it back around. And that was the end of it as far as they were concerned. And then he shared the footage with his dad, the guy I met today, and his dad saw something in the footage in the footage. And you know, it's like, when I heard that, my heart sang. It's like, oh, it's one of these things. I didn't see it at the time until I saw into the back. I'm thinking, oh, this is gonna be Paradoia. Right, it's not. It's not Paradoia. He showed. I guess when the guys swung the camera up to the elk up on the hill, the bull elk up on and this is like three hundred plus yards away probably it's a good distance away. And I didn't even see the elk at first. I had to watch it twice before I saw the elk. He goes, Yeah, there's the elk. And if you look over here, blah blah blah, and this little patch of trees there right there, you can see it moving. And I'm thinking, oh, it's just going to be a stump or no. No, you can see a human shape figure moving through the trees.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I mean, it's not nothing to write home about, but it's something to share with you guys, because you guys are big foot folks like me and get excited over small little tidbits. I don't have the footage. There's nothing I can share or anything like that. But I saw it and it's pretty cool, and I'm thinking, okay, think of the context here. These guys are a few miles probably up past the gate where you're not allowed to go, and there's snow all over the place, and this thing is three five hundred yards up the mountain side on top, and it's really difficult to get to location. The water sheds right on the other side of it because it's Tiger Canyon Road.
Speaker 4: You know, you got a sense of size for it. I looking at the el now.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say. But the guy he is going to email me the footage so I can zoom in and stable and do my sorcery with it, you know. So I'm going to take a look at it. Maybe maybe there's something else to learn, But right now I'm not super hopeful that we were going to, you know, squeeze a lot more information out here. But I have the general location, I have the context, I've got the story. I'll probably maybe contact the guy and see what he has to say about it. But remember he didn't see it at the time, so I'm not sure what else I would learn from that, but I'll try anyway, because you never know what you're going to learn, you know. But even before that, you know, I got you know, last year, if you remember, I did that Sportsman show here in Portland, and a couple of the people I met there were of interest. And one of the guys said that, oh, yeah, my friends cast some prints down by the Shasta areas what he told me, And I said, oh, I'd love to you know, if you ever see those people, I'd love to see fo you know, pictures of the cast or whatever. And you know, crickets for like the last year. And then like two weeks ago, a week ago, he reached out to me, I'm down here, I'm going to see these cats. Oh great, great, once you send me pictures. And he did. He did today and apparently it wasn't Shasta, it was Trinity Lake. And he lives out there somewhere, you know, like east of View somewhere, but out in that general direction I think on probably on the reading side of the mountains, you know what I mean. And he's sure enough. He sent me pictures of the cast and some pictures of photographs of the footprints in the ground, and they are beautiful, they look really really cool, and the guy's an older guy and he doesn't want me nosing around or talking to him, so I don't get to talk to him, unfortunately. But at least I got the pictures of the cast.
Speaker 4: Was there a scale reference?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 3: They look pretty good size, and again it's not Unfortunately, I didn't really ask if I could share them with, you know, the public, so I can't really post them on Patreon or anything like that, like what we normally do about these sort of things.
Speaker 4: You put them on Patreon.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. I will text the guy and ask him if if I can share them, and if I can, then our members will see him. You know, it's the bottom line. So but I'll all of a sudden to you guys, because you're not going to go anywhere with them. They looked very very good anyway. Yeah, just another day in close life, chalk full of bigfoot stuff, rushing around doing this and that, and then coming on a podcast getting ready to hear a fantastic story from what I understand.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, dude, this guy had a great, great up. I mean, you're not going to get any closer than this, and it's and it's just burned, is it happened a long time ago, but it's burned into his brain and he's you know, you'll get the sense of this guy when you talk to him.
Speaker 4: He's just salt of the earth, good honest person.
Speaker 3: So well, let's get on it, man.
Speaker 5: I met Jack back in Ohio, Kentucky, at one of the conferences. He's friends with Charlie Raymond, and he told me a story that blew my mind. I was just like, oh my gosh, this guy's he's got quite a tale and he's a good, solid guy.
Speaker 4: Charlie Boucher's form.
Speaker 5: I've known him for a while and he's just a good, you know, honest dude. So I thought you'd enjoy listening to him.
Speaker 3: I always loved me a good story. So yeah, gohad and lay lay it honest, Jack. I mean, I can't. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
Speaker 6: Well, I took a few notes here this afternoon when I got in here, and I thought i'd give you just a briefing. Odinsboro, Kentucky. It's where I was born. It's in Davis County, Kentucky. At the age of four, we moved to Sargo, Kentucky, which it's in Davis County and it's about let's say, from the downtown Winnsboro. It was about ten to twelve miles on the west side of town. And yeah, when I was four of us when we moved out there. By the time I was six years old, my mom and dad took the four of us kids at that time. That's how many was in the family, four kids, and we went on a six week vacation. We went to al Capoco and Mexico and went through the Alamo, through the deserts California, Redwood Forest, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, and all in between. And by going on that trip, I know that it helped me in my memory remember things very well. Actually, my dad, when I was a sophomore in high school, we went back out to Rushmore and before we got there, I said, Dad, I said, I can tell you what that parking lot looks like before we get there. And I did. And he turned he said, how and the heck do you remember that? I said, I just, I do. I said it was so awesome going out there, I said, I just. I said. When we pulled up, I said, this is just what I remembered. I said, it's the same thing. He said, well, you're right. He said, well, that's hard for me to believe, but he said, you are one hundred percent right. Well, about nineteen sixty seven to sixty nine in that area, we were hearing a lot of people talking about a big harry wildman running around and his name was the Hermit. A matter of fact, the lady that I even talked to tonight, she said, I remember those years. I remember when the hermit was running around David And she said, that's exactly what people were calling. It was the hermit that in nineteen sixty eight, my dad, he was the president of Davis County Fishing Wildlife, and he and a cousin they were raising a lot of birds. They mostly quail to get the quill population up in Davis County, and they also raised approximately ten other types of birds, pheasant, peacock, chuckers, just a lot of different wild birds, and they were releasing them into the wildlife and we had put in the summer of sixty nine after these birds. It took a while to get the cages built, but we started probably in about sixty eight, and part of my job would we go out and feed them, make sure the water was good shape, help build the pens, things like that. And by nineteen sixty nine, was getting out the sixth grade. And it was June of nineteen sixty nine and I went out to the back porch. It was just turning dark, and I start burning my school papers and I'm out there, well, the sun had just went down, I mean, burning those papers was even showing its light more so because it had just turned dark. I was just having fun just sitting there, ripping page after page, just sitting there burning them all. This year's gone. School's out. Boy, couldn't be any better. And by that time I start hearing the birds were start flying from one end together, just making a little noise. And it came to my thought that hey, we just put the electricity out to the barn and shoot. I turned the lights on just ten feet from where I was sitting on that back porch. I went up to hit that switch and I was able to see. Well, when I looked out there, I'll tell you what it just I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The cage was being picked up about twelve inches to eighteen inches on each side, just twisting it bam bam, just going to each side, and the birds were flying from one end and right back to the other. And I yelled out there and I said, who's out there? What's out there? And it all stopped. The pin just stopped. There wasn't any movement going up and down. Well, the birds kept flying, and the birds were just all the birds around were just making all types of noise, and you could We had a cattle barn or very farm next to us. The cows they were bawling, and I thought, who's out there again? And about this time I see something real large just walking through the dark, and I could tell that it was very large, and it had that gate just like a big foot gate would walk and I thought, man, this is this is freaking me out. I hope what in that hat? And I'm thinking, maybe this is the hermit that everybody's been talking about, this wild haired man. And I was just I was scared. I went inside, I told people, told the parents, and I didn't hear anymore that night. Next morning went out there and there were over five hundred birds dead in that cage and blood was everwhere where they had dripped. There were a few birds still kicking in the cage, but I'd say ninety five better than ninety five percent of the birds were dead. And uh I just I told Dad what I had seen. And I said, Dad, I don't know what what was out there? What it was? I said, it wasn't a purse, It was not a person. Dad. I said, if it was, it was somebody huge. And he said, well, we'll have to keep an eye on things around here. And he said, I hope this doesn't happen again. And so probably about a month goes by, and uh I was worshing laundry, and uh I went to get some laundry out, and laundry was on one side of the wall, and where our clothes dryer was, there was a window. And as I turned with those closed to open up the dryer, I looked right into the window and this thing's looking in the window right at me, and I old, crap. I threw the clothes up in there. My sister's on the phone. The door was opened for the utility room there and she was sitting up on the bar. She threw the phone up in the air and she said, I saw it. I saw it too. Let's get in the bathroom and I said, we sat in there for an hour in that bathroom. I said, Pat, what it is this? It is this the hermit? And she said, I think it's the hermit. She said that thing was harry and big and ugly, and I said, you're telling me. I said, I know, sister. I said, I saw a food. I said, it's scared the heck out of us. And she said, you better blave out stair.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Well, Cliff, it is a new year and there's a lot of things to be optimistic about when you walk out the front door.
Speaker 3: But if you're experiencing hair loss, like if your hair is falling out, you may not be so confident when you leave the house.
Speaker 2: It can be really hard for me to deal with hair loss, even though it's fairly common. Luckily, we're here to provide you with a solution that's so simple you don't even have to talk about it. HYMNS provides you with convenient and quality access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch. HYMS makes treating hair loss simple with doctor trusted options and clinically proven ingredients like finastroide and monoxid ill that can regrow hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is answer a few questions and a medical provider will determine if this treatment is right for you.
Speaker 2: My own insurance is needed, and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care.
Speaker 3: Hyms has hundreds of thousands of trusted subscribers and they can help you get your confidence back too, with visibly thicker and fuller hair. Start your free online visit today at hyms dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 2: That's hims dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options hymns dot com slash beyond. Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription products require an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 6: Well nineteen seventy counts around and get out of school and my older brother and a friend of myself we were staying at a was a single man. Uh. He worked a lot of people back there. He was a big old guy, Jim Stout was his name, and that sucker, I'll tell you what he knew how to shoot a higher power rifle. He had mooseheads hanging in his machine shop. He had black bear roads. He was very, very much of a naturalist. Uh. He was just a good old guy. And uh he had an old home place. And we were back there watching his house in that machine shop. Mostly it was this friend of ours that was the one actually that had been assigned to watch it. That me and my brother. We went back there that night just to stay with him for one night while mister Stout was gone to Alaska. And on that night we started getting hungry. It was about old It was a couple of hours after midnight, and it was hot and humid. That night it was very foggy, and the moon was out just as bright as it could be. And we thought, well, we'll go up to the house, which was about a mile away, and we'll have our sister to hand some food out to us. And so we had a dad's Ford pickup. It was a Ford Falcon and they sat low to the ground. It was a white just a white standard Ford Falcon pickup and the three of us, we hopped in the cab. I sat right in the middle, and we pulled over. And as we pulled onto the uh where the machine shop was, you drove about al about a half mile down the dirt road, and it was back in a wooded area. He had peacocks back there as well, and then you'd make a right turn you'd be on asphalt for maybe a half mile. And where our little farm was with seven acres, and we had a lake or a small little pond. We had the barn. We had those birds, bird pins, things like that. And as we came to that turn on this it was kind of in a d shape. As we made that real sharp turn to come in behind the house where this gravel road was right there at that turn, I asked him, I said, guys, I said, did y'all see somebody walking? I said, I sure think I saw something that fog. I saw somebody walk in this way. And they said, no, we didn't see anything. Well, he pulls truck up in there and he backed it in and I go to get out with him, and he said, well, no, no, he said, you stay here. Well, my older brother, he's five years older than I am. And I said, Bill, can I go with you?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 6: I said, I'd feel better going with you. He said, you stay here. He said, if anybody comes you just blow the horn and we'll be here real quick. He said, locked the doors. He said, nobody's going to get you. You're safe. I said, all right, all right, I'll do what you're telling me. Well, I sat there and I watched them walk off, and I thought, I'm going to look back again. I know I saw somebody walking. And I turned my head to the left of me. I'm sitting there right at the wheel, and I looked back and it's probably several thousand feet and I didn't see anything at first, and I thought, well, maybe I didn't see anything. And I sat there just a hair like a few seconds. Morning I think I'm going to look again. I know I saw something. And when I looked the second time, yep, I see the movement. I said, I knew it. I knew it. I saw somebody walking. I said, okay, hang tight here, Jack, I said, look you can. You can see the movement. If whoever's coming, you're going to know who they are. It's probably going to be a neighbor. I couldn't hunting. You'll know who they are. You've always had And I thought, okay, I've gave myself this good pep talk. I'm calm, I'm gonna wait. If they go on the asphalt, I surely don't have anything to worry about. If they come this way, I'm going to know who they are. So that was my plan, That's what I was telling myself. And I also had that assurance that if they did come and I didn't know them, I could blow that horn. My brother was going to come. So I just sat tied. Well, it kept coming closer, and it would go in and out of the fall. Well, it ended up coming onto the gravel part as it did. I sat there, Oh, it's come in my direction. I really have to be on the ball now. Now I'm going just I was already locked in, but now it's extra extra. You know, looking to see all the details you can find jack and just keep your eye on this thing. Well, I just kept looking and it gets up. I smelled this real strong odor, and it smelt like a strong or stronger than a stunt smell, but it also smell like a more of a zoo older like oh, kind of the wet dog and just like feces from animals, and just kind of what a zoo would like if you're down in the zoo where the elephants are, lions and tigers and that type of thing, it would be kind of that that type of smell. But it was a lot stronger, maybe two to three times stronger than that. I'd say every bit of three times stronger. And I thought, okay, I smell that smell, and I wonder what this is. I mean, I'm already starting to try to process that part. And a boy this time. I look up and, like I say, the moon is so bright and it gets about twelve feet from the truck, and I thought, this is not a person. Uh, there's no clothes on this thing. And my god, I mean, if I'm looking, this thing's like seven and a half meet feet tall and the shoulders are three foot wide. This is the hairy man. What in the heck is going on? And I thought it's time to put this horn on. As soon as I put the horn on, it put its hands up on its ears and it just roll and I thought, let off the horn this thing. I don't want to make it all ticked off and aggravate it and I start going down into the floorboard of the truck. But right as I was looking still at the at it, it went down with its hands and it scraped the gravel about three to four times each side, and it stood back up. And by that time I saw it doing the gravel, and I was down low towards the floorboard, kind of up crunched up underneath of the steering wheel, and the whole truck starts shaking, and I thought, what in the world this thing shaking the truck. Isn't in the truck? Is it just shaking the truck? Well, I looked up in the back window and I said, it's in the truck. I see it's hairy legs. And I said, what in the world. And then the next thing wham right up over the windshield. I mean, it just made the loudest pop. And I saw his arm on the passenger side, his hand as far as like a large man, his hands were I would say, probably an inch and a half to two inches longer than that. And I'm thinking, what are you? What is this? It's a black hand. I could see the hair underneath the hair, I could see perspiration, and the muscle in the arm on the forearm stood up about an inch and a quarter inch and a half. His arm was about three times the size of what my dad's arm was. And he was six foot three, uh, probably two sixty five two seventy five at the time. I mean, so he was a big guy. And I'm thinking that whatever this thing is, it's it's like a whopper compared to my dad. And the hand. I just I looked that hand so much. And I would say, on the hand alone, I probably had a good thirty seconds look up and down the arm, and uh, at that time, it peeped around to the side of the truck or to the pass our driver's side of the window and looked in at me, and then it pulled its head back real quick, and I thought, are you playing pete pie with me? What are you? What are you doing here? Man? And then his arm kind of slid off the window of the front window, and he straightened his head up and he came back in a second time to look at me, and he just he was still, and he was we just we just locked eyes. We were like within eighteen inches to two feet looking at each other, and the moon was shining so bright on him. I could see the details that he had small ears, he had the cone head. I looked at his eyes and I thought, are you a caveman? Are you an animal? Are your mix of him? You know you? It just blew him away. And I was watching. He had the flat nose, his skin was like leather, and the dark dark hair. His eyes just I don't know, his eyes were wild looking. They were kind of all kind of a yellowish brown mix into the eye and had the big lips. And I start noticing his mouth was starting and his nose was starting to kind of wrinkle up some. It was like he was sniffing me out. And all this happened from the facial look, I would say it was probably right at forty seconds long, maybe forty five seconds. And after it did that kind of the sniff, then he opened his mouth up real quick, and his it just blew me away because his mouth when he opened it, I wasn't expecting a mouth to open up this wide, and I could see cane I and tith and salava, and it just at that time, as soon as it just went, it kind of did a hiss at me, kind of like and uh, it jumped right out and it went right into the cornfield. And about that time my brother showed up and he said, what in the world's going on? And I'm out there. I could I was stuttering. I couldn't even get my words out, like everybody, you know, trying, I'm trying to guide them, get me to the house, you know, pointing, and I was using body language to even communicate with him. I couldn't. It scared me so bad. I couldn't even talk with him. I was crying by the time I got up there. My sister she witnessed that, and I told my dad about it. And the next morning I ended up staying there at my house. I didn't want to go back over to that place, so my sister let me in and I went on in. It was so late in the night I didn't wake my parents up, but I told my dad the next day. I think it was after he got home from work. It may have been even that morning. I was exhausted, but I told him. I said, Dad, I said, we need to get the sheriff out here and fingerprints or whatever. What are you talking about? Now? Come on? And I said, Dad, it's said truth, I said, And he just kind of blew it off. And I said. He said, now, I don't want to hear any more about this, And I said, Dad, I said, going back even from last year. He said, I've got my hands full, and I just I can't right now. I just don't want to hear any more about it. He said, now, come on, he said, you're you'll be okay, and uh, I don't. A couple of weeks later, he looked at me and I kept on to him, and he said, you did see something, didn't you? And I said, I've been telling you for two weeks. I saw something.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 6: I was wanting you to get the sheriff out here, said if we can do fingerprints or hair samples, or said if there was any footprints or anything. But uh, even after that event, Uh, it was still that same summer, the guy goes back to that machine shop. And it was maybe a few weeks later. I don't I don't believe I told Bobo this part. Uh, but anyway he was. He gave us a call and it's late at night, probably right it midnight. He said, uh, Bill, you and your dad y'all come over here. Bring a gun. He said, there's something or somebody knocking on mister spout's door. He said, I've got myself blocked in into into the like the bathroom. He said, whatever it is, it won't answer me. And he said, it is just beaten on the door real hard. Well only a mile away. We were there within just a few minutes. And as we got there, we thought we saw something shadowed walking away. And we looked up and whatever it had been there had cracked, put a good crack in this door. And this was an old one of those old thick doors, like an inch and a half two inches thick, solid oak door. I mean it sucker just put a crack right in it. And uh. That was After that, I hadn't seen anything, heard anything from anybody other than in Davis County. There's been people, I think out on hearing one for a Fairview drive. Some people said that they had a sighting several years back. I went to some of the libraries where Charlie Raymond and Don Neil have been and I started that probably about maybe eight to ten years ago. I started going to some of the libraries. A guy told me about it. I met him up there. My sister told me too, so we all went and we start learning more about it. Than the foot prints, and not only that, what other people had seen. And it just really started blowing me away when all these hands start raising that. And one guy, he was telling a story. He worked for the city of Winnsboro here in Davis County, and he said down around Barn Harbor Hills that he saw one and it was daylight. He said he was at his uncle's barn and probably back several one hundred feet away from the barn in the field, and he said he saw one and it had its hand up on the barn door. He said they just locked eyes on each other, didn't make a move, and he said they looked at each other for maybe three to five minutes. And he said soon as he made a move, when he made his move, the sasquash bigfoot took off immediately and it was gone. He said, ali site just like it just vanished.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages, well, a few follow up questions. Have been taking some notes as you've been explaining your story to us. I guess one of the first things I'd like to ask you about it, and I don't think you mentioned this, And again I'm trying to keep my notes straight and I'm trying to listen closely, so I don't ask you a question about something you already explained. So but forgive me if I do. As far as far as like the local ledge of the Hermit's goes, is that something that you've always just grown up with and everybody in the local area knew about the hermit And that's just the way it was.
Speaker 6: No, it was just a few years prior to my sighting. It was probably the hermit started in about nineteen sixty seven right and through there, and the legend was that was coming from Barn Harbor Hills, which is right outside of Odensboro. I mean, it's within just a few miles. And they used to mind co in that area, and so I think there's some old abandoned mines left in that area. But people down in the Stanley area, Sargo, West Louisville, just a bunch of people on the mostly on the west side of Weddinsboro. It was in the community. You would drive the school bus and you'd hear people, oh, well did you hear about the hermit? And no, man, what's new about the Hermit so and sold down in the Sandy saw it. They said that they were out slopping the hogs and this thing came up close to them and it was gone. And you know, then somebody else would say that they saw them, and everybody just had their ear open. You know, hermit. You know, as soon as you heard hermit, if you were on a school bus or something, oh, tell me about it, tell me your story. And so that's kind of how it went. But it kind of died off after a few years. Probably it wasn't too many years after my my sighting. It kind of died down, but there have been some activity in Wednesboro and it was even published in our local paper of people having sightings.
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, thank you for saying slopping the hogs. I've never heard that phrase in my life. That's got a city guy, you know, I've never heard that that those words put together. That was pretty cool. Thank you. Oh yeah, I've slapped dogs.
Speaker 7: You saw dogs in one county over from where Jack is, over in Union County, but other times in my life in North Georgia too. But yeah, slapping the hogs is a common farm nomenclature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, I did not grow up on farms. But okay, so the hermit wasn't instilled in the community as you were born, and it's something that carried on. It's something that kind of surfaced for a few five or ten years and kind of went away.
Speaker 6: Right exactly, And it was kind of a penetrated more on the west side of Winsboro, and they the main area seemed like was the Barn Harbor Hill area, and that it would they people were trying to make a legend that this thing lived or roamed. More sightings were in that area, but it would roam off into like Sargo maybe five miles away, or West Louisville, ten Stanley maybe seven or eight. So that's it kind of stayed in these areas and that's where the sightings would be that they you know, people kind of just talked but kind of centralized it. And then over the years, I mean people in Henderson and uh oh, well, I think what sixty seven was that uh out there in the Bluff Creek. So I mean it was starting to gain momentum in my day right right in that time. I mean, Bigfoot is this uh myself, after I saw it, I thought this isn't a hermit. This is what they're calling the bigfoot. And I switched. I switched gears from hermit to sashquash bigfoot.
Speaker 5: Didn't you guys find like handprints on the on the truck like saliva?
Speaker 6: And uh, there were. It was on the truck itself. There was kind of like a kind of how if you had moisture and you just rubbed it, kind of a smear mark. Yeah, yeah, there was some smear marks on it.
Speaker 4: And about the teeth were the cats top and bottom?
Speaker 6: I think what I was picking up, I'm thinking pop in bottom?
Speaker 3: And how far how much further from the surrounding teeth did the canines protrude?
Speaker 6: Okay, how much longer?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How much longer were they than the flat teeth around them?
Speaker 6: I would say maybe an as much as an inch three quarters to an inch.
Speaker 4: Did you see the mouth color instead of the mouth or.
Speaker 6: Well, the lips a lot of it. Just looking at him, this thing looked more human than an animal right in the eyes and the nose. But then when you start looking up to the side of the head, Hey, it's got small Its ears were smaller, and it had the cone head and its shoulders were like three foot across, and from the I saw the side view, the side view of its chest was about two feet thick from the front of the chest to its back. But you have some hair in there too, So even at that you're looking at probably eighteen to twenty inches at least, may have even been pushing thirty inches. I mean, I estimated that at the time. Gas And because I had watched growing up small cattle hogs things like that. The weight even my dad's size, you know, I'm thinking this thing was seven hundred and fifty thousand pounds easily, maybe even more, muscles like you wouldn't believe. I didn't see any breasts on it either. I think it was a male.
Speaker 3: So it seems like a lot of this stuff was happening on the on the west side of Owensboro, like you're saying, right along the Ohio River. And I'm kind of looking at the maps right now, the satellite pictures of the area, and there are pockets of woods and whatnot. But looking back to that time and comparing it to now, was it significantly more forested at the time. Has there been a lot of tree clearing and stuff in the last you know, whatever fifty.
Speaker 6: Years, the theres have been some trees, but there were a lot of flat farm fields too. And actually where I was at, I was about a mile away from Panther Creek, so all that was wooded and I've as a kid growing up out there, I had shoot riding bicycles and with friends. I mean, we had years and years going through all the woods and there's a lot of wooded area in through that area.
Speaker 3: Now we're looking so southwest of Owensboro, and there's a big patch of trees down there. So that area has not significantly changed, or not dramatically changed, I should say, I don't think so.
Speaker 7: For context, because this is where Emily's family's from, so we're up there quite often. And you know, ever since we when we first started dating and I was going up there, you know, I'd look into a lot of older reports from there throughout the early to mid twentieth century and then up really into like the nineties, and a lot of them reminded me they tend to be like lone male individuals, and they sort of reminded me, especially driving to a lot of those spots of the situation in and around Concho Concho, Oklahoma, where the Casino footage was taken. We have these kind of heavily forested creeks and then one major river system that leads to larger areas of forest because you know, you could follow the forested waterway of the Ohio to and from the Shaddie National Forest to the Hoosier National Forest and some of these other areas, and they tended to be in that same kind of context of almost like a transient male or something of that sort, just like a lone individual that's around for a little bit of time and then it moves on. And so we've seen similar cases in other parts of the country that via a satellite image or something, it doesn't look like the Pacific Northwest or southern Appalachia, but you get boots on the ground there and you're like, oh, yeah, you could sneak a platoon of people through here.
Speaker 6: The actor Rob Low I believe I'm saying his name right. Him and his sons were in the Olzark Mountains quite a few years back, and they claim that they had a fighting with it. And I've been in the Ozark Mountains, but I was probably fifteen sixteen years old. I saw Current River. I went to the Current River into the hot Springs and just quite a few areas into there, and it was like, man, that is some rugged terrain, you know if you want to hide, and that it's no different than over here. Not too far from where we're at, you have the Hoosier National Forest and it's almost from Owensboro to Louisville nothing but trees.
Speaker 7: And for a historical context to cliffand but but do you guys remember the Spotsville Monster and all those stories.
Speaker 3: That's very close.
Speaker 7: It's close in space and time exactly.
Speaker 6: I was the Spotsville Monster. That's the same thing, and that's probably no more than twenty five miles from where I lived. It makes me feel good to open up about it. After seeing one numerous times, and my brother saw it. We had a locust tree. I talked to my brother. He moved away quite some probably almost thirty five let's see here, it's been probably thirty five years ago, my Mike, my brother moved to Wilmington, North Carolina. But anyway, as we start getting into some of this, just a few years ago I brought it up and I said, Mike, did you ever have anything with a bigfoot or the Harmit about years ago. He said, well, yeah, he said, you better believe it. He said, he said, I walked right out there by the lake pond that we had, and he said, I thought it was my dad or my older brother trying to pull something over on me. And I said, well, what happened? He said it was when I got up close to it, he said, it wasn't a dad, it wasn't my brother. He said, this thing was huge. And he explained to me just what I saw. He said, yep, yep, that's and he said, I said, what did it do? He said, it just shoved that big old locust tree right over. And I said, Mike, because I was the one mowing the yard at the time, I said, I was wondering how that locust tree got shoved over like that and uprooted, and it was probably a locust tree. It was a good twelve inches in at in diameter. And I said, well, you kind of answered what I needed. Mike.
Speaker 4: You think it's the same one I.
Speaker 6: Think it was. And he took off run him and it was in the same time, same time period.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. Well, this one certainly seemed to like your property a lot. So I have a couple of questions about the property, if you don't mind. You just mentioned the pond. You mentioned it earlier in the conversation as well. We're there fish in the pond.
Speaker 6: There were fish in the pond, and matter of fact, the Kentucky Department of Fish and Game. Dad had it, he would have it stopped. They would come and put so many fish in each year to help keep it stopped up.
Speaker 3: Then did you and your brothers fish out of there? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, yep. We fished out of it. And it had a lot of pine trees when we moved out there in nineteen sixty four or sixty three, I guess it was. I was four years old. It was actually it was sixty one when we moved out there. Within the first year or two. At that time, the pond didn't have any trees on the land. It was just a seven acres and Dad he got these pine trees from the government and we start putting pine trees all out on it.
Speaker 4: How big is the pond?
Speaker 6: It was probably maybe a half an acre, just a small pond.
Speaker 3: And when you fished there. Did you clean the fish right on the edge of the pond.
Speaker 6: Uh sometimes yeah, we would, yeah, sometimes we would uh yeah that and there was a spillway, and sometimes in that spillway it had snapping turtles in it. Uh sometimes that you'd uh. Well, we had ducks out there on the place too, and uh sometimes the turtles would get the ducks or the geese and you'd find them dead out there. And we had chickens and uh, the peacocks all they made that loud honk sound. You could hear them a mile away or two miles away. I always kind of wondered if the birds. And he had rabbits and some cattle and horses and all this was on seven acres and all these different birds. I mean, there were thousands of birds. We had incubators and we would raise them and then he'd set them loose.
Speaker 3: The chickens and stuff or other kinds of birds as well. I mean, I know you said peacocks and ducks and chickens.
Speaker 6: Chickens, the ducks, cats, dogs just like a few cats, a few dogs, horses, cattle, and then there was a dairy farm right next to us, between the house and about a mile down the road was Panther Creek and all that was wooded. And the guy that had the dairy farm next to us, I remember walking through his fields and my gosh, it was like you'd start walking back from the flat ground and man, this is cool back here. It's like there's big war shouts like fifteen feet you know, eight to ten feet deep and real wide, and it was like this is a different world back and hear all of a sudden, and we had some spots in behind the house the same way. And then there were cornfields all up on each side of us. I mean, heavenly at that time of the year. One guy he had probably a thousand acres or better cornfields for miles and miles all around us, up front and back of us. If it wasn't to Bacca patches, it was cornfields, little ponds, wooded areas. So if you start walking into that area actually from and that's whay during the summer months, if you ever came down in this neck of the woods from actually from the Ohio River all the way over into the Sargo West Louis, all that area back at that time, there wasn't many houses out in the country, and everything was planted. Today's time, all these farm fields now are filled with housing. You know. It's the landscape has changed quite a bit that when I was growing up at that time, it was nothing but cornfields and wooded areas and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Now it sounds like obviously the predominant crop was corn and a lot of tobacco mixed in there. But and you referred to your property as a farm at one point, and it was it an animal farm so to speak, beause you mentioned all the animals you had, or did you grow other kinds of crops that were perhaps different than the surrounding areas.
Speaker 6: We had a little bit of a garden, not.
Speaker 3: Much home vegetable garden sort of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just just not much at that time. Now as far as there was a feed around too, like the sweet feed and bird the bird feed, and I mean we had bags and bags of that out there, and there were a lot of the barn was full of hay and but yeah, there was a lot of different odors, especially with the dairy farm. Right next to torrees. We had fruit trees, yep, had fruit trees. We had apple trees, may have been a few peach trees.
Speaker 4: To you was it fenced in the orchard or was it just scattered trees.
Speaker 6: There was a fence around our property, just a small ball bar fence.
Speaker 3: Earlier, you mentioned this thing or what seemed like this thing at least messing with the bird cages. What kinds of birds were in those cages specifically those cages?
Speaker 6: Okay, the one cage that I saw it was it was quail, and they were they were already they were real soon to be let loose. I mean they were most all of them were pretty well grown by the time. When we would raise the quail as the incubator, then you'd take them into the barn and they would stay in the barn until they got up pretty large. We had the heat lamps inside. But when they got sizeable, then we had like an outside pen and it had a We just put some plywood I think up the top of it, maybe some plastic, and it kept the rain off of them. That they were pretty good sized birds by the time that they would go outside to the pen, and the pen was eight foot tall. It was four feet up off the ground. It was a four by four in the top area, and then it was sixteen feet long total. So it had three four by four posts on each side, and then it just two by four frame and then the real small like oh, i'd say three eighths of an inch square fencing for him to stand on, and maybe a small part of it going around the cage, and then just regular chicken ware top.
Speaker 4: So this thing crawled into the cave, It went into the cage and kill all the birds.
Speaker 6: I think it must have came up underneath of it somehow, I would almost I don't know if the birds were so freaked out that night on what had happened that they didn't ever roost down and that they just kept flying back and forth. I couldn't figure that part out, or the bigfoot sashquash came back that night and did some more damage to them and literally went up underneath of them, you know, possibly. I mean blood was everywhere off of these birds. I mean it was like, how did this happen? But when you see the birds, quail are very fast when they take off flying, and uh, that's when I was on that back porch and I hear all those the birds in the dark, just like if you're if you're very out hunting with the quail and they first take off it's like, I mean it's like an explosion. Yeah, I mean it's you just you hear all the you hear the uh their wings just fluttering and it's like wow, man, I mean they literally if you're ever at honey quail, I don't know if you guys haven't done any of that or not, but you've got your old bird dog and it was quil flow off in front of you. It's like they literally scare you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they start I mean without a dog. You know, I started them all the time, like also just boot like it's like the real real percussive the weather wings get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you name that. You put the right words there, percussion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I asked you Jack when you got the look at the squatch was how was like the hair like two tone or tritone colors or do you know it's longer in certain areas.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I think it was longer in some areas. And yeah, I've had different uh uh uh links of hair. It was a coarse hair. It was with that moon shining down too. It was enough. I mean it appeared to be like wow, this thing is so super hairy. But then when you put the light on top of it and and you could see from the sunlight, you know, or the moon. It was like, wait a minute, yeah, there's a lot of hair here, but you can see up underneath that when you can see still see the perspiration. I remember seeing that perspiration on its arm so vivid.
Speaker 4: Was it groom did it look groomed at all?
Speaker 5: Or it just looked wild wooly that sleeping in the dirt.
Speaker 6: No, actually it appeared clean. It did not look dirty to me. I mean it, you know, for it smelt, but it did not look muddy and raggy, and that the thing appeared to be like it was clean. Maybe he had been in the river, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And also, since you mentioned the arm and you said you had a real good look at the hands, to give me a nice deep dive description of what the hands looks like, maybe like the fingers the if you's honey nails or whatever you remember.
Speaker 6: I saw the nails. They were long, they seemed to be round it. They were thick nails.
Speaker 3: When you say long, what do you mean, like, how much further past the tips of the fingers did they go?
Speaker 6: Oh they may have went. I would say maybe half of an inch or so, maybe three eighths of an inch. They weren't extremely long nails, but they were thick, and they were dark colored as well.
Speaker 3: Did it look like a human hand or were there different in anyway?
Speaker 6: It looked like a human hand or more of a gorilla hand. The shape of it was more human, the color was more like a gorilla. It was just it was a big hand.
Speaker 4: You got such a close look up for so long. I mean, all about the eyes. How about the eyes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were dark colored eyes. They were large eyes. They were very sunken, like a caveman's eyes would be. I didn't see any scarring on his face. The pupils themselves were larger than what like a regular human how expressions. He appeared serious, but he seemed calm too. And when we looked at each other, the when we caught each other and just looked, I think it knew that I was scared, like scared to death, and it just it sat there and was snipping, and he just kind of stares at me like, you can look and I won't be here long, man, and I'll be leaving you alone. Don't worry about me hurting you. And he kind of looked like peaceful, but he also gave this, uh, I don't know. It was like a stare look and a stare and snipping.
Speaker 4: That's just so crazy. That's that's just so shocking.
Speaker 6: I mean now when he opened this, yeah, when he opened his mouth. And I tell you what, guys, when this first happened, I mean, after I calmed down, I going on thirteen years old, I kicked it around and I thought, has anybody ever seen one of these? And I thought, I mean back then, there wasn't a way for me to do any research. There wasn't Internet, there wasn't I just and people I would tell would I pretty much after a while just gave up on it. I thought, nobody believes me. Very few people believe me. There were my sister did. There were a few close friends and they'd say, man, you just I dang, man, you went through something crazy back then. You know, we believe you, man, you know, and that'd be the end of it. But so many people, and most people that I talked to today, if I bring it up to different people, most of them they yeah, they very couldn't. This is what you did, so, you know, and what you went through very much to be true. And then there's a few out there that say, uh, no way, no way, and so I kind of learned it. You know, take my you know, madal smart brother ryot.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like you had one of the best close observations of a sasquatch that I've probably ever heard. So, Boba, you're one hundred and ten percent right. I love this. This is a fantastic witness and what a great treat it is to listen to his account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would listen to Jack. You know, you're hearing the truth.
Speaker 3: And I love that there's a multiple encounter sort of thing going on for a same general time of year. It sounds like deep down that that teacher and me kind of appreciates and doesn't like at the same time that you're burning your school papers. But I'll forgive you to that because there's an amazing, an amazing story, and I just so pleased that you had that I had the opportunity to here, and then you can come on the podcast we can share with us.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I appreciate it. Jack, Well, very good.
Speaker 3: Jack. I hope, I hope I can meet in person at some point. I do a lot of jobs out in Kentucky in that general area, so if you ever see me speaking or something out there, definitely come by the table and say hello if you can.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Jack, Well, thanks so much for joining us on Bigfoot and Beyond. We really appreciate another listeners and going to enjoy the heck out of this story. And yeah, it's one of the best close ups of all time. So thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 6: You're welcome. And if hey, if want me nights, we can go out doing some of that squashing. I'll try to make it with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, look you up next time we're out there. Jack, thanks so much. Sounds good and thanks for tuning in, folks. Thanks for joining us on Bigfoot and Beyond. Clifton, Bobo and Math this time and Jack our guest, and until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an n in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.