Speaker 1: Solidly anti murder. That was actually their headline.
Speaker 2: Gway, Travis and Buck Sexton today Glenn on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station five o five.
Speaker 3: At the five k r C the talk Station Friday, the vacation.
Speaker 1: There you go. Thank you Jose Jrecker for just confirming what I already knew and my listeners know. Friday, and a happy Friday to you. Got a good show coming up today. It's always good because we get Tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty. Coming up at six thirty. Hijackers hijack smart smart home via Google Calendar Invite. It didn't know that could happen, did you. Cyber scams against seniors growing, and artificial intelligence of roting doctor's ability to make cancer diagnosis huh eroding, Well, that's an interesting take on it. That's why we have Dave had or around find out what that means. I've kind of figured artificial intelligence would help. You're thinking about doctors and you have a finite amount of knowledge as a doctor, you're supposed to be a diagnostician, and you think about the just the thousands and thousands of books written on any given medical topic and all the ins and outs of any given particular medical condition. You know, your general practitioner. Somebody walks in, they got some problems, some symptoms or whatever, and your job is to ferret out and kind of wean it away and figure out what's the underlying conditions that are causing the symptoms. I mean there's a multitude of things that could go into that. Of course, not all doctors are equally created. Some are smarter than others, being diagnosticians, and you would think artificial intelligence boom, type in the symptom into the computer and it'll spit out some sort of you know, a list of potential options, and hey, go work your way through it. Let the computer solve everything. I've always argued that, you know, we're moving towards sort of what I'd like to call mba practice of medicine, you know, kind of like a four next loop or if then, if this is presented, then do that. The doctor's not really thinking. The doctor's relying on some other algorithm to do the thinking for him or her. So you know, I don't think we can deny that technology is going to play a larger and larger role in medicine, clearly, but you know, part of me thinks I want a doctor to be thinking and you know, existing independent of that computer, because you know, heck, someday immediate a doctor and the electricity is not going to be running. So there throws out the option of using a computer anyway. Sorry, just going on a babbling rant this morning. So we'll find out what Dave had or a third segment on that one, what exactly that means. Rick Green, Spirit Works Ministries. Rick Green, who whose life was transformed in a moment time, served prison time as a drug abuser, addicted and just decided he was going to embrace God. God spoke to him and slapped him on the face. Basically, well he did that. He had a movie produced about his life. I've seen it, a pretty good movie and it's being picked up by streaming services. So congratulations Rick on that milestone. Rick who joined the program at seven thirty to give us an update, and he's gonna well he has a message and one of the messages we need some positivity, most notably after the last several weeks, and a fine message to spring from. Since Sarah Herringer is going to join the program at eight oh five. Sarah will be in studio, Sarah, of course, I hope you know the story. Her husband Patrick was stabbed to death in there over the Rhine home. The murderer of her husband was released from prison in February on parole with an ankle monitor, cut his ankle monitor off and roamed around on this streets without knowledge of law enforcement who weren't notified that he had taken his ankle monitor off, only to kick the door into their home and stab her husband to death. I just cannot imagine the horror anyway Sarah will be talking about. She done a little bit of research. Ah, what do violent criminals and certain Ohio senators have in common? They both know ankle monitors don't track in real time, she wrote. They know because it's how they got They get away with murder. So Mordecai Black, the murderer of her late husband, got off his ankle monitor months before he murdered her husband. No real time alert, no immediate manhunt. He walked away, she writes, from supervision, and stayed free until the night he broke into our home and stabbed them to death. She had other illustrations too. Some guy named Brian Goldsby wore his ankle monitor the night he kidnapped, raped, and murdered Reagan Toakes, she says he didn't need to cut her off. He knew no one was watching in real time. His GPS trail showed every move, but it was only reviewed after she was dead.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: She also writes of a Johnny Grimes cut his ankle monitor off in April, vanished and on June's seventh shot and killed. Lauren Shuler stayed at large because the system isn't built to catch them when it matters. She's right, she points out, I mean, this is one of the reasons for her outspoken advocacy. Her husband's dead, and at least she's spreading awareness to the fact that you know, just because someone has an ankle monitor on, it doesn't mean really anything. And she's fighting for real time monitoring. And they're talking about that in Columbus. And what really irked me, dare I say in the five o'clock hour, really pissed me off. They had addressed this thing a couple of years ago. The House passed a bill that required real time ankle monitoring, only for that to die in the Senate. Why that's the initial statement in Sarah's well letter to the public on this topic. First sentence, what do violent criminals and certain Ohio senators have in common? No, it died in the Senate. Thank you senators from the state of Ohio. Let's see if we can do it right this time. I'm sure Sarah will have a little bit excuse me to say upon that what's going? What else is going?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Here's a fun fact. And I I don't know what to make of this, except to think that maybe the water seems to me to be inviting for a change. In the city of Cincinnati, Liz Keating has pulled petitions to run for Cincinnati City Council. Deadline for to file for since a council is August twenty first. But I found this I think I viewed this as a positive development. Do you think Louis Keating would spinner wheels and waste her time having been through the process before and having lost to a Democrat unless she thought maybe the conditions were a ripe for a run and a go at it again? Is the water more inviting for Republicans in the city of Cincinnati? Do Republicans have a chance in the city of Cincinnati? I would like to think so, given everything that's going on in the Democrats, I think failure in terms of the representative representing of the city of Cincinnati and its residents. They seem to be more interested in special interest groups. But given the conditions in downtown Cincinnati, I think the residents appreciate that crime is indeed a problem. It seems to me to be mismanaged. They don't follow the will of their constituentich most no, you think about the Hyde Park Square situation in bond Hill, where our elected officials ignore what the residents want. That maybe is a good time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I wish her all the luck in the world.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: She's a decent woman, and I think she's got some good ideas, and she's I mean, she's not radically conservative. I would say she's, you know, a thoughtful, more centrist Republican, however you want to characterize it. But I don't know. If she's willing to throw her name into the ring and go through the whole process of campaigning up until November, then maybe that is a good sign. You draw your own conclusions. Love hearing from folks too. Five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and oh yeah, the developers over in Hyde Park Square, they're willing to scrap the hotel and make other concessions. This following negotiations behind the scenes, because of course they had that ballot initiative eighteen thousand angry Hyde Park residents signing on to have that zoning proposal overturned because well it had flew in the face of what the Hyde Park residents won.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Move could eliminate the need for a potential public vote this November. These willing, these concessions that the well healed developers or well connected developers are willing to make. Colleen Reynolds partner with lobbing from DSD Advisors, who's working with the developers, we have said we are willing to remove the hotel if that's what the neighborhood and the city truly want. Well, you know that's what the neighborhood wants, Colleen, Why do you think they went through the efforts to get eighteen thousand signatures to put it on the DAN ballot this November. Apparently an email, she noted the developer's aim to heat High Park communities consistent call for increased residential units in the neighborhood that maybe sacon the hotel. Original voting plan yes approved by since city Council in a seven to two vote in spite of the anger that was expressed by the residents of Hyde Park allowed a ninety room hotel where the single story Coldwell Banker building currently sits on Erie Avenue, three hundred and fifty space underground parking garage one hundred and twenty five unit apartment complex Hyde Park residents it's on the ballot. Since that point in time, High Park neighborhood Council advocacy groups Save Hyde Park Square and their lawyers apparently meeting behind closed scores to negotiate concessions, and among those possible concessions removing the hotel and reducing both the garage capacity and the amount of ground floor retail. I got a kick out of this component. Well, what sounds like a movement in the right direction. Developers are listening to what the residents want. They realize that that ballot initiative has a strong chance of winning in November, so they've adjusted their position. This is what you do in negotiations. However, according to the spokesperson, Reynolds, any concessions by the well heeled, well connected developers likely would result in them asking for city incentives to help finance the project, saying, we understand that many of the neighborhood's requests will require public support to achieve.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Really, private developer going to make private profits, going to make money for themselves, but it's going to require public dollars to get it accomplished. Sounds familiar to me. COVID five sixteen fifty five KRC the talk station five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three Talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk station five nineteen on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk with pound five fifty if you have an ATMG phone. Yes, thought of you yesterday, Straker. I was driving home and uh, motorheads Killed by Death came on. Immediately, thought of you, Strak. It's it's a hilarious name. It's like that movie from the seventies, Murdered by Death, Killed by Death. Yeah, that'll do it to you three seven fifty five hundred. Feel free to call I love to hear from listeners, Well, you know, I call this progress. People who think that Donald Trump's evil Orange man, not anything accomplished, uh, and think that he's trying to kill Social Security at least, he's actually doing something too well to preserve Social Security and increase efficiency in Social Security. Actually his efforts have borne fruit. Trumped out of the other day, removing two hundred and seventy five illegal aliens from Social Security and wiping out twelve point four million names listened as being over one hundred and twenty years old. Now this is something that could have been accomplished years and years ago. He also reminded folks that the Big Beautiful bill does cut tax on Social Security. So social Security recipients, you got a little love from Donald Trump anyway. So we've already kicked nearly two hundred and thirty five illegal aoiens off Social Security system. Put it out many of them had already left the country, and put it out that, well, we keep sending checks to people who are not eligible for Social Security benefits. You know, we're already in a trajectory to go belly up on Social Security? Isn't it a wonderful thing that people who are not eligible are no longer getting benefits they weren't entitled to. You should be thankful for all of this. Twelve point four million names listening on Social Security database over one hundred and twenty years of age, You said, just think of that. So you had twelve point four million names, were they over one hundred and twenty years old? Is that right? That's a hell of a statement, said, I've never heard of anybody at one hundred and twenty five. He put it out, there were one hundred and thirty five thousand people roughly who were listed who are over one hundred and sixty years old. That's inefficient government, folks. I mean that should never happen. Do you think in private industry that could even possibly happen? This is just a great little, one tiny, tiny data point illustrated. They don't care. And other improvements ate the Soil Security Agency handling seventy percent more calls than last year. They lowered the average speed of an answer time by eighty percent. It was previously thirty minutes, it's now down to just six The improved use of technology has enabled ninety percent of calls to the national line to be served via automated self service options or callbacks, minimizing hold times. Average customer time weights at field office have declined twenty three percent, five times as many visitors as scheduled appointments compared to last year. Field offices fully staffed I have twenty four hours, seven day a week feater and sixty five day access to online accounts after they reduced the long standing schedule downtime of twenty nine hours per week to no downtime, which allows more than two hundred and eighty thousand more customers to access their accounts online in the first two weeks loan. I call that an improvement. Twenty six percent reduction in the backlog of initial disability claims from an all time high of last year. Average processing time cut by five days. Average waytime for a disability hearing has been cut by sixty days. Well, who has a problem with that? No one. Do these increase inefficiencies bear a political stripe? Well, one could argue that they do. It's the Republicans who got in there and cleaned house and improved efficiencies something. Apparently the numbers we're not willing or interested in doing. Meanwhile, they handwring constantly about oh my god, they're coming after your social security. Well, you know what, if you improve the conditions within the department, you improve efficiencies, you ultimately save money, and you provide better customer service, giving the public a perception that their tax dollars are actually doing something. Days. The agency also identified more than one billion dollars in cost avoidance and efficiencies in just this fiscal year. They address billions of dollars in improper plant and payments. So it can be done. If we need to bring this kind of focus to all areas of government. Yes, government could be could service much more efficiently with a lot fewer people.
Speaker 4: Days.
Speaker 1: Ah, let us see, you got local stories coming out. Maybe we'll hear from Tom. Don't. Oh, today's a new day, and we do have some things going on locally to talk about in addition to the ones the stories I just mentioned a moment ago. It's five twenty five right now, stick around, be right back here is or Channel nine first one and one forecasts hot and human today. Chance to pop up storms very slim. We go up to ninety degrees today, heat indecks mid nineties over night clear warm seventy tomorrow ninety two, Yes, hot and human and heat in decks of almost one hundred clear ofver night buggy in seventy one and one hundred degree heat indecks on a high of ninety three. Sunday it will be sunny and yes, it'll be humid as well, seventy three right now at fifty five cars de talk station that is five twenty eight fifty five kosity you talk station. Somebody send a search party out. Worried about tom five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones, Victoria. They beg for the beatdown. Parks down from the Hamilton County Veteran Services Commission.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: She resigned writing a lot of the county commissioners. I write to inform you that I'm resigning from the Hamlin County Veteran Services Commission, effective immediately. I appreciate your appointment and proud of the work the Commission is accomplished to improve services and support for our veterans. She got appointed in January. I wonder why she stepped out. You think it's because she's taking heat because she believes that Holly, the victim in the drunken brawl who got socked in the eye colecock sucker punch, begged for that to happen. Hmmm, And thus far she has never retracted her comments. I think we've identified the problem with society's breakdown. Let's go over to well students arrested after fights outside North College Hill High School who were encouraged by their adult parents, I guess, to get engaged in a fight Courtning to Superintendent Eugene Blaylock, North College Hill High School District, he said the fist fight happened Wednesday afternoon right next to the high school. Fight involved not only students but adults. According to doctor Blaylock, he said he was able to break up the fight, but another fight between the students took place shortly after. That second fight could have been avoided, he said, if adults had intervened. Quote, they're egging them on and hand gestures, let them fight, let them fight, let them fight, hands up. And those students viciously go after each other, and there was some serious punches that were thrown close quote doctor Blaylock. Playlock said, Well, there are things in place within the district that helps students learn how to handle stress and conflict appropriately. More needs to be done at home to prevent things like this from happening. Oh yeah, I know, Joe, just like you think exactly. And here's a statement from doctor Blaylock. We have to change the mentality of the parents.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If we can deal with the mentality of the parents, I hope and pray that these students will see a better way of dealing with situations. But it has to start at home with the first teachers. Well, I think doctor Blaylock's put his thumb on the exact problem or his finger on the exact problem. We've gotten society. Well, too many parents don't care. Why is there a curfew in place this weekend? Yes, the curfew has kicked in beginning, I believe today. How is it that there is a fourteen year old running around at two o'clock in the morning or three o'clock in the morning in downtown Cincinnati, with parents oblivious to what that child is doing, where that child is Yeah, see doctor Blaylock. Apparently the students involved in the fights are going to be facing disciplinary action. Well, I hope women arrest after using a box cutter to cut another woman happening in June and Rose Lawn. Video footage help since any police identify Charnice Lewis as the suspect in the late June attack. Video shows a woman who appears to be Lewis going to Vibez Hookah bar and getting into a physical altercation with the victims. Lewis ran out of the bar in the renting road, leaving her car behind the victims. Sierra Simms, talking with local Fox nineteen, said that she was in a conflict with Lewis, who claimed Simms was carrying on a relationship with her boyfriend. Sims denied to claim. Said we began as an online harassment led to her tires being slashed. Thank you, Joe, I was waiting for it. Sims said it turned violent June twenty nine, one night, I was outside trying to enjoy myself and then I got cut. Claimed Lewis had a box cutter. She turned around to find out that yes, she was being cut at the time. Doctors told her the cut in her face narrowly missed her uh A trade Geminal Nerve said the cut on the throat could have blocked her airway if it was deeper and the cut on her arm could have left her hand paralyzed. Simms now has scarring down her cheek in the front of her neck forearm also cut. That is a significant scar runs from above her left ear all the way down the center of her neck across her cheek. Jeez wheeze. A vehicle wanted to connection with multiple shootings and since they led police on a pursuit yesterday afternoon ending in several arrests. Chervil Police Department mentioned that the officer said that the vehicle, Silver Ford Explorer, wanted for questioning a connection with two shootings in the city. Police attempted to pull the car over right near the day's end the eleven thousand block eleven, but the vehicle took off. Chervo police followed it onto I two seventy five East and I seventy one South until it exited onto Montgomery Road, hitting several other cars during the chase. Apparently, the Ford engine failed and caught fire, stopping the I stopping the card at the intersection. You know, it would have been better if it was a Tesla. Jelt the tesla being followed first into flames. Anyway, once it stopped at Orchard and Ohio Avenue and Silverton. All three suspects ran a way, but the officers caught them. No injuries reported during the chase. Police continuing the investigation. Yes, and the Eastern say it's going to be enforcing the curfew this week. Mayor, I have to have purval. So two curfew ordinances recently passed in Cincinnati will be implemented beginning today. Citywide curfew eleven pm to five am for all unaccompanied miners under the age of eighteen. Guardians of those miners see doctor Blaylock. Designated air including the Central Business District and over the Ryan will have curfew between nine pm and five am, some exceptions for all unaccompanied minors under the age of eighteen. Now that area runs from Liberty South all the way to the River and between Central Avenue or Central Parkways. The case may be all the way over to Broadway or Sycamores the case may be uh, Mayor said. Anyone who breaks the curfew will first be contacted by non law enforcement That will be the three to one one staff or members of the Collaborative Agreements Problem Solving staff. How you think Iris Rowlie's going to be picking them up, Joe whatever. For of all said, for all enforcements, CPD is trained to I love this, to ask for compliance. If that fails, to tell the person to comply, and if that fails to demand compliance, ask tell demand, do what the hell after asking telling a demand? If they do not apply, since they police can then take the miner to the newly created curfew center at Seven Hills Neighborhood Houses, where staff will then take the job up of contacting the child's parents or guardians who should see doctor Blaylock. That facility reportedly will have food, water at a safe place for them to wait until the parent or guardian can be contacted. According to provol miners who can't go home or don't have a home or taking a lighthouse. Youth and family services also closed. According to the park boards, parks are being closed beginning at nine pm all the way through six am. You cannot go to the public landing Smale, Riverfront Park, p At Park, Washington Park, or Ziegler Park. It's unclear to me if that means the curfew applies to the parks or no one's allowed at these locations. I think it may be the former, although wcp's reporting is a little well absent on that component. Five point thirty six fifty five kr CD talk station stack has stupid coming up? Or if you call, I would rather take the calls. Either way, we go be right back.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC in today's marketer five forty one and fifty five kr CD talk station on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Can always do that. Five eighty three talk on FT fifty on eight and two pounds if you'd ware to call, But first, Joe Strecker, offering comments during the breakdore over some logistical difficulties in enforcing the curfew which kicks in today Black Family Reunion's taking places. They got some of the parks down on the banks shut down beginning at nine pm. Now, I know there's exceptions for the curfew for certain sanctioned events and if your parents are present, but you know, he also mentioned the logistical hurdles following high school football games held within the city. You know, if they end around nine pm or so and everybody's milling around and leaving. And he asked me if my parents went to the high school football games that we were supposed to be at when we told our parents that we were at the high school football games. It was like, no, of course they didn't. They didn't have any interest in going to Cokills High School play football, so my parents were never there at those events. Anyway, We'll let them sort it out, Joe. I'm sure to go real, just like smooth, no problems whatsoever. Anyhow, let's get them the stacker stupid. We go to Madison County, Nebraska, where the traffic stop in Madison County turned into what they described as a bizarre arrest after deputies found a naked driver hauling stolen motorcycles and drugs. What Sunday, August tenth, Highway eighty one, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office, released, deputy patrolling on that highway about one o'clock in the morning, we found a pickup truck fulling a flatbed trailer without functioning lights. Pickup failed to stop immediately and continued driving north after the lights went on on the emergency lights before turning east on Northeast Highway Industrial Highway pickup truck hauling two motorcycles. Deputy's approached the vehicle. They found the pickup truck driver, identified as forty seven year old Kit Pulston of Iowa, completely naked as a tradition. Pulston asked why he was naked, he stated he was hot and allergic to his own sweat. What He also told Deptie's driver's license it expired and possibly suspended, and a dispatcher did confirm it was indeed suspended, according to the Sheriff's Life Office. During the interaction, Poulston's alertness deteriorated rapidly, leading the deputy to initially request medical assistance. However, after regaining composure, Pulson arrested for driving under suspension. Also told deputies he had a pipe and dab, slang associated with marijuana concentrates. They are d joe search performing the vehicle, following items found a container with a substance believed to be the TC concentrate that i e. The DAB, a marijuana water pipe, a black pistol case containing a BB gun with obscured serial numbers, initially suspected to be a real firearm. Poulson put in the patrol car. Deputy said he resisted, dropping to the ground when he refused to move, and then refusing to move the arrival backup, Deputy Pulson transported to Madison County Jail. Motorcycles also run through dispatch. One was a black Honda gold Wing reportedly stolen. Other motorcycle a black Housackey registered to a different person but not listed as stolen. Facing multiple charges possession of controlled substance, driving into suspension, resisting arrest, and defective vehicle lighting. Surprise, he wasn't ov I five forty five fifty five KRCD talk station. More of that coming up. Be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station since.
Speaker 1: Tooth p five forty nine, fifty five KRCD talk station. Right back to the statue. Student, an happy Friday for you. I've got some good plans for the weekend. Uh, this is bizarre. Responding to an indecent exposure complaint, police found Anthony Smith, who's thirty two, walking around a Florida park yesterday afternoon, actually last Thursday, wearing the following women's lingerie, the bottom of which were the thong variety with mister Smith's genitals fully exposed, fake breasts, a wig of long black hair, a black mask around his face what I will delicately describe as a genital ring. I'll leave out the explanation provided by the smoking gun for what that's used for and a black foxtail protruding from his posterior. I will also not read the explanation of how it remained affixed to his body. The flag for us in this case, You're right. Joe described as working as a party slash wedding DJ. He allegedly tried to evade the police who initially discovered him inside the Indian Riverside Park and Jensen Beese apprehended near the Children's Museum. Witness of Dollar nine one one to report a suspicious individual with his sexual organs exposed was in the park to pick up their kids from a summer camp at the museum, but said that no children witnessed the event, thank god. Asked by police what was going on today, Smith reportedly said that he suffers from some sort of sexual addiction and engaged in leude behavior which arouses him. He added that quote this was not the first time he had run in and run in with law enforcement for the same kind of behavior, according to the police report. Convicted back in twenty seventeen of indecent exposure resisting arrest after he was spotted naked and pleasuring himself in public. In posters comment, Smith reportedly said he does this because pornographic materials do not suffice his sexual desires. That's in quotes, and that he does not want to violate his morals whatever by having sexual relations before marriage or by using a female solely for sexual purposes. Again his words. Sentence to six months of jail back in that twenty seventeen case, told arrestling officers that he'd been arrested twice in the past for committing the same act exposure of sexual organs resisting arreth, both misdemeanor. Smith booked into the county jail where he's being held in advance of his court appearance. Jeez, Joe, you want to create a flag for him? Joe used artificial intelligence to create a flag last week. It worked really well too. Let's see a young girl slumber party abruptly ended in Lawrence and Lawrence early Sunday morning after a man entered the residence uninvited, removed his clothes, court to Lawrence Police department at two am. Officers responded to the neighborhood near the intersection of West twenty first in Louisiana Street finding several young girls and supervising adults. Extremely upset. Officers then learned two girls who were asleep on the couch allegedly woke to see a naked man in their home. Girls called for adults. Naked guy, who police have not yet identified, traveled to the back bedrooms where another man forced him out of the residence. Team of officers arrest of the man nearby. Another team worked to call m the children to get the details about the incidents. Officers have no reason to believe naked guy knew anyone in the residence. Uh Seattle Beach back to Florida. Forty three ye old man facing a felony charge of police see he deliberately posted sexually explicit photographs of a woman in public areas of a local public store a court of the Seattle Beach Police Department. Officers showed up with the publics on the Highway A one A after multiple nude images of the victim were discovered, taped or placed throughout the store. Photographs were printed on postcard style paper found in shopping carts, the men's restroom, the soda island outdoor merchandise been Investigators say the images were private photos. The victim had previously shared with Christopher Stamen during their relationship, told police she never gave consent for the pictures to be distributed or publicly displayed. Okay, what do we learn from this? Don't do that. You never know if your relationship is going to go sideways. Now do you just away? Just don't take the picture. One of the image described to the rest report as sexually explicit, uh depicted the victim. Well, I won't read what they she was doing. Just engage in an act of pleasure in yourself. Officers know the materials were place in areas where they would be visible to the general public, including minors, with the apparent intent to cause the victim embarrassment and emotional distress. Store surveillance video showed this Stamen guy entering the publics on two separate occasions, appearing to conceal his identity to avoid and avoiding certain parts of the store. Later seen walking toward the child kart area carrying an item, catching the size and appearance of the recovered photographs. Stamen later observed leaving the store and driving away into blue Mitsubishi cameras did not capture h physically placing the images. The location inside the store strongly supported his supported his involvement. However, in the placement of those images, victim identified Statemen from surveillance footage and also told police about a recent custody dispute, which she thought was a motivating factor. Further described a history of similar incidents in which Stamen allegedly distributed nude images of her without consent, probably cause to arrest him on one kind of sexual cyber harassment under a Florida statute involving that third degree felony punishable way up to five years in prison. Five fifty five. Do you I have kere Se detalk station. Remember, once it's digitally photographed, it's out there. It's never going away. Tech Friday coming up and an early happy anniversary to tech Friday's Day Hatter. He celebrated his thirty second anniversary yesterday. We'll hear about hijackers hijacking a smart home via Google Google Calendar invite. That's interesting. That'll be our first topic with tech Friday's Day. Have had are coming up at six thirty Feel free to call me. Got other things to talk about? Be right back. Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: It's information that matters to me.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station de talk station at Gee Friday, Tech Friday with Dave Adder, Bottom of the hour and hijackers hijacked a smart home using a Google calendar. Internet of Things right, Dave Adder. Cyber scams against seniors are growing, and artificial intelligence claiming to erode a doctor's ability to make cancer diagnosis. Those are our topics of conversation coming up at the bottom of the hour. Fast forward to seven thirty. Rick Green, He's got a powerful spiritual message spirit Workministries dot com or Greens organization. He does charitable work every single week kend of downtown Cincinnati, serving up sandwiches to folks who don't have food. He has a movie out about his life. It was made after his story came out. He had this amazing instantaneous transportation, going from a man addicted to drugs and alcohol and serving time in prison too being touched by the hand of God. I guess is kind of a boiled down way. Rick describes what happened to him just this moment of instant transformation. He never did drugs again. He turned his life around, happily married, helping folks in the community out and of course a powerful story made into a movie which has now been picked up by streaming services. We'll hear from Rick about that development, but also his message about needing more positivity after the last several weeks, or you could even argue years positive message from Rick Green. That'll be at seven point thirty, followed by Sarah Herringer. She'll be in studio. Sarah, of course, the widow she lost her husband, Patrick Herringer, who was stabbed to death in there over the Rhine home, mainly because well, an evil person existed. That evil person had an ankle monitor on was supposed to be monitored by those who monitor ankle bracelets, but apparently no one is monitoring them. He was out for months before this murder happened, and she asked the simple question why and how now this is? We learned from Sarah's just tragic experience that well, no one monitors the ankle bracelets and what irks her and she wrote about in an open letter. She talked about the various illustrations and other instances where people had ankle monitors on that weren't monitor or cut them off and weren't monitored, and went off to commit horrific crimes like Mordecai Black did and killing her husband. But thanks to reporting and looking into this, Ohio, we found out Ohio already had a chance to fix the problem there was. Back in twenty twenty two, the House passed House Bill one sixty six in a ninety two to one vote vote, which would give law enforcement live GPS access and instant alerts. Is there anything wrong with that? That's exactly what I think everybody, including me thought, was really going on. What's the point of an ankle monitor If no one's monitoring the ankle monitors, It's like duh. So look, they realized it was a problem, they went to the whole legislative process. They actually got a bill passed in the House under almost one hundred percent bipartisan passage. What happened, It died in the Senate Judiciary Committee with no vote. I am going to do that, Joe Strecker, because Sarah Herringer identified the senators who were on the Senate Judiciary Committee who didn't vote on this and it died. Nathan Manning, Republican Chair, Michael Reynolds, Republican Vice Chair, Lewis Blessing, Republican Alan Kutrona Republican, Teresa Gavroni Republican, Paul Hicks Hudson Democrat, and Kent Smith Democrat. So this fall in honor of her late husband, they have teed up the Patrick Herringer Act. It'll be before the Senate, and as she writes, we will be watching every single memor And for those of you planning to vote no because you think it costs too much, look me in the eye and tell me the cost I paid wasn't worth guarding with your vote in your life. Passionate woman she is. She writes that Patrick Herringerach won't undo what's been done to me, to Reagan's family, or to Laurence the other two people who lost loved ones because people weren't being monitored, but it will slam shut one of the easiest doors for violent offenders to walk through. That has to happen. One percent. Amen to Sarah Herringer again. She'll be on in the program in the studio at eight oh five talk about that and have any community officials elected officials reached out to Sarah and talked to her and asked for her, asked her how she's doing, talked to her about her potential solutions to the problem, what her life was like as she lived. She and her husband Patrick lived in Over the Rhine had their business broken into multiple times, like other businesses in the area. Last time she was on the program, she recounted in multiple experiences about business owners and residents and Over the Rhine experiencing the problem of crime, which, of course the mayor and other elected officials in the city want to make go away by not talking about it or telling you it's your just perception. It's not real. Now to Sarah, it's as real as it gets. Let's gore the phone and see what Mississippi. James, Guy, James, welcome back to the Morning Show. Always good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Good morning doctor Brian. I come in peace, love everybout it, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do anything about that attitude, James. It's a good one.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward with your seven there that you getting supposed.
Speaker 1: To call in. Rick is a good man.
Speaker 7: Now, you know, we look at I always say, was I always say with spiritual beings going through human experience, and I think we got to get back to that spiritual part and the human experience. We got going through identified six of them and real quick, politics, justice system, education, finance, medical system, and the last one being the religion system. You know, every religion system.
Speaker 5: Cares a whole lot of power.
Speaker 7: For a whole lot of different people, and it's man made, can be man manipulated. So yeah, who in control at the time that leads? Yeah, and I said religion. Now I didn't say the spiritual part.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about, James.
Speaker 7: Right, you may do, but a lot of listener may be, you know, on different wavelengths. That's going to clear it up over the air.
Speaker 1: Well, think all people knew is to think about various religious leaders over the centuries who have been corrupt themselves, using religion to manipulate the religious population that looks up to those religious figures for their own personal interest or other nefarious purposes. That's been going on since the dawn of religion, James, I'll just put a point on it.
Speaker 7: I agree, because it carries a lot of power. You know, even when they served up that blond hair, blue eyed, pale skin, Jesus, you know, have come out of power, and that led to a lot of white supremacy because it was like, Okay, this is Jesus. You know, this is the white Jesus. Yeah, so opposit is he's black, he must be the death. So we've been demonized so bad, you know, demonize, marginalize, manipulated, tricked. But hey, some of us had opportunity to make it better for the black but then we got selfish. You know. You look at the stuff and I sit down and think, I say, since the sixties, and I do believe a lot of white people haven't been upset since the sixties, when the government intervened and tried to put some programs in place to correct some of the perceive wrong. I said perceived, because everybody don't say it's wrong, but some of us that the perceive it was wrong. Some program was put in place, and our personally had talks with black people that said, hey, I got mine, the rest of them betty get theirs. Well, that's not the reason it was put in place. It was put in place to help each other keep moving along. But then we got related by some of them's system and went out and bought the next biggest house, the biggest car, the biggest boat. And now you're in the finance system. Now you got a big bar and steel to try to keep up this this image you have created. Yes, if you have created a different image, you could have helped a multitude of peoples.
Speaker 1: That is true. Yeah, you buy into the commercialization reality. You have to have this, you need that. You're not somebody unless you own something. Yeah, we all get manipulated by that. You know. Some people say that capitalism is to blame for that mentality, but you know, you can live in a capitalist society and still have this idea that no, you don't need that many stuff and things. You can be content, most utably, if you have a spiritual grounding, you can find content without material things.
Speaker 7: James, Now you look back at the at the PowerBook. What two fish and five loads of bread that's supposed to fit multitude of people, Whether that's true or not. But like I say, some of the program that was put in place in the sixties US black people could have fed a multitude of people's black, white, brown, yellow, red. But ay, when we got to that greed part, you know, and begin to pack it in. Now you leave the other peoples out there that were maybe wasn't as fortunate as you was to connect to it. And I look at that up and down the scale. You know, we can talk about blue collar crime, what about the white collar crime, We can talk about social welfare, what about corporate welfare. Until we get into an environment where we're doing an honest you know, not emotional, but try to come up with an honest discussion, well people can see word they fit in and why they fit in, and you know, just hey, we just got to keep truggeting at it. You know, maybe one day to come to peace.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll keep our fingers crossed. James appreciate your comments as always. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I do, and we'll talk about that spiritual element. Coming up with Rick Green at seven point thirty five and three seven nine fifty eight two three talk Steve. If you don't mind holding curbbage, Mic as well, be right with you. I want to mention Cross Country Mortgage for every mortgage related issue question you need to talk to. Susette Low's a camp with Cross Country Mortgage. Any state in the Union, if you're sitting in one or Puerto Rico, she can help you get a mortgage or deal with your mortgage related issues. Thirty five plus years experience. You cannot find someone better in the mortgage business in terms of experience and of course notably customer service. You will love working with her. She'll get right back with you, whether you call her or send her an email. Give you that information a moment you can access, maybe equity in your home, second mortgage to get some equity out, or maybe just refinance what you've got. An mortgage rate to tick down recently not low enough, I'll acknowledge or get you a mortgage generally speaking, unless she did for my daughter and her fiance, did a great job on that one. I truly appreciate Suzette helping them out, very quick turnaround. It worked out wonderfully and it'll work out well for you. Thee you two with no junk fees, no application fees. It's only great rates at low cost. That's what you can expect from Suzette. Call her at five to one three three one three fifty one seventy six. That's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Leader a message you'll get right back or send her an email. Suzette dot Low's Camp Lows Camps billed l O s E k A MP Suzette dot Low's Camp a't CCM dot com. This is Ted Cruz.
Speaker 2: Join me Sunday night at seven pm on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Our six fifty five KCV talkstation. Happy Friday Tech PARTA with Dave Hatter coming up next and meantime over to the phones. Thank you Steve for holding over the break or holding over the break there, Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I will poke the mayor. And it's Friday, the day you're angry because you get to sleep tomorrow. But I called you up on a Friday.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 8: I know that's al. He's taking a chance very quickly, an honor to follow Mississippi James and precede Cribbage Mike. I've met them both at listener Lunch. Very nice guys. Really, you know, I've been to three of those. I don't go to you know, obviously I don't go to them all, but occasionally I go to one fun time, so I enjoy that. Rick Green. I hear him every Saturday with Gary Jeff Walker. He always does a Bible verse that he talks about. There is a joy in that man's voice that cannot be fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is so.
Speaker 8: He is so genuine. I've never met him. You can just hear it in his voice, how truly blessed by God he is, so I enjoy listening to him. Let me get to my point. You said, why do they put ankle monitors on people when they know they don't work. I called you on this before, or I saw a dateline they put the ankle monitor on a third party monitors this. It's like a fingerprint left at the crime. After they come back and kill somebody, they said, Okay, he was here, you know, we tracked him here or whatever. Right, So why do they do it? The same reason they have airport security. It makes people feel like something's being done.
Speaker 1: Until they find out that nothing is being done.
Speaker 8: Steve, Well, very little is being done. In other words, I have a job at the airport. Security is something that looks like, hey, we're all safe. Yes, it screens out you know, the dufices that you know whatever they brought a n ail file on by mistake or whatever whatever, you know, I mean, and it could catch somebody. But if you're serious about wanting to do something, get something on an airplane. Not hard to do. You get a job at the airport. There are ways to get to the area you're not supposed to be able to get to without going through security, and you can do it without going through security.
Speaker 7: So you just get a.
Speaker 8: Job at the airport. It's not hard to do. Everybody recognize, Hey, there are so and so, and be the be the custodian that has access to you know, every lock door there is, and nobody pays attention to. But yeah, the ankle monitor thing, it's a joke. They know these people are still a threat to society. They turn them loose anyway, they're pretending they're doing something to help us enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 1: Care me good to hear from you. Steve and Sarah Herringer will be in studio to talk about that and bringing it to everybody's attention that, yeah, you shouldn't feel good about the ankle monitor program because well they're not monitoring them. Courbage, Mike, Welcome back to the Morning Show, My submarine or friend coome on.
Speaker 9: Brian pops right back to Steve too. You know, just another reason why anybody has never been to a listener lunch.
Speaker 1: You've got to come.
Speaker 9: I would like to congratulate the assistant prosecutor who, in open court yesterday dispelled the narrative that the quote unquote black leaders held on Tuesday, And even if it was true, their whole premise was ridiculous that the fact that that justified what happened in the street. But once again, when you go out of your way to twist the truth to fit a narrative, and you're the one that looks like a fool. So you can add that press conference they held tuesday on the heap of Tawana Brawley, Duke Lacrosse and Michael Brown. Hands up, don't shoot because maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any of those so called leaders at Iris's rollies pep reality there on the steps of city Hall, So maybe they learned their lesson. Take a couple step back, pump the brakes, wait for the facts to come out.
Speaker 1: Indeed, a lot of facts came out of yesterday's hearing for the purpose involved in the beat down. Yeah, it's amazing. Once the video rolls out, a different narrative come unfold and shoots down the arguments that are being made by the defenders of the folks issuing a beatdown tech front of a Dave Hatter coming up naxt hope you can stick around for that. I thank you, Mike. Always a pleasure hearing from you, my friend. Plum type plumbing, It's always great to get tied with in touch with plumb type for residential plumbing needs, even in an emergency. They're there for you. Aplus the better business bureau and no service fees. Are free estimates, licensed plumbers doing the work, great customer service, great price, and number one star in the Tri State. For tankless water heaters, go tankless to save money, save space, save energy, and get unlimited hot water. Multiple reasons to go that route. Modern technology is the way to go. Sewer line replacement. They don't dig your yard up, that's right. Trenchless plumb type plumbing can do that sewer line repair for you and save you a whole lot of money and not having to deal with landscaping work, slower crog drains, some pumps not working, clog drain, whatever that happens to be plumb tight. It's always plumbing done right. They know you deserve better and they deliver on better to reach them. It's five one, three, seven, two, seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven Tight online. You find them at plump tight dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Thirty On a Friday is that time of the week we get an update on tech stuff Tech Friday with Dave hat Or from interust It sponsoring the segment interust dot com. If you have a business, you have computers in this modern world, and you will have computer problems? Do you know what to do? Do you know to set up your system right? What happens if you get hacked? Talk to Dave Hotter on the team at interest I t to avoid problems and stay out of problems or get you out of problems. Welcome back, Dave had It's always a pleasure to having you. Want to thank you to intrust it for sponsoring the segment.
Speaker 4: Always my pleasure, Brian, I look forward to it every week.
Speaker 1: Hey, Internet of Things, I'm guessing that's involved in the first time. What have we learned from Dave? Stay the hell away from Internet of Things devices. You don't need them, You never had them before. Why do you think you need an internet connected coffee maker? Anyway? So hijackers hijacked an entire smart home using an interesting vehicle to do it too.
Speaker 4: And this is not at all surprising to me. I'm surprised it's taken this long. So it's it's interesting, Brian, because you know, in the past couple of months, a lot of the bloom has started to come off the AI rows. You're starting to see more and more articles and reporting on issues with AI. We're gonna we're gonna talk about another topic related to that here in a minute. And you know, one of the concerns I've had since AI has become a thing that regular people interact with is that when you couple AI and the fact that it can generate content and now thanks to augentic AI or AI agents, some people will use one or the other term for essentially the same thing. The idea that it's not just me sitting at a computer entering prompts, you know, asking an AI like groc to do something for me. I can build an agent that will just act on its own to some extent, right, And we've we've now started to see examples where that started to go off the rails a little bit. And the bottom line before I get to the main point here, is, you know, as long as these tools hallucinate, right, that's a technical term. Sometimes people will call it confabulate. They just make things up. As long as that happens at a rate more than let's say, point one percent, can you really trust it to do anything of any real significance, especially on its own in an autonomous fashion. You know, if the hallucineration rate is let's say twenty percent or even ten percent, are you going to allow it to take action on behalf of your business, like transfer money around or something. You know, if the ten percent of the time it makes a mistake and one time it trains all the money out of your bank account, well that's a real problem. Right. So again I want to be clear, I'm not against this stuff, and I'm not saying it doesn't have value, because it does. But you have to understand what it can and can't do. And again, my real concern is when you know the limitations and you see people doing things with it that don't make sense, including like connecting it to things like Internet of Things devices, I just see nothing but problems. And you know, Brian, I've been on the Internet of Things aka smart devices, smart TV, smart coffee makers, refrigerators, et cetera. For a long time. And it's not that I'm necessarily against them either. It's that they're not designed with your privacy and security in mind. They're designed with speed to market, market charities of use in mind. And much of the stuff is cheap junk coming from China. Where you can't be sure the software doesn't have back doors in it, then you can be sure that in two or three years you won't be getting software updates for those devices anymore. People don't know how to set them up right, they don't know how to configure them securely, they don't know how to keep them secure and that sort of thing. So it's to me, Brian, this is a perfect example of like your peanut butter is on my chocolate, know your chocolate's on my peanut butter?
Speaker 1: Are bad?
Speaker 4: So now we're going to take AI and combine it with the smart devices that are inherently insecure, and bad things will happen. I guarantee it. And now Wired did this story you read the headline. In this particular case, hackers used Gemini, which is AI from Google, and they used it to attack a calendar invite and eventually took over all the devices at a quote smart home unquote. Now, I would call a smart home dumb because, and I encourage folks, I know a lot of this will sound far fetched to people who don't research this, don't have these devices, haven't really thought through the possible consequences. And again, Brian, I'm not totally against a quote smart home. At some future point, living in a world like the Jetson's, for example, would be nice if you could trust everything to behave as it's supposed to and you knew how to configure it correctly it was secured by design, that sort of thing. But that's not the case. This stuff is all still on its infancy. And imagine there's a Black Mirror episode I don't remember which one. I encourage people to go find it where a woman lives at a smart home and it's just kind of goes crazy and starts doing all kinds of irritating things like imagine if your smoke detector started going off and you couldn't shut it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or imagine or if you're living in the Jetson's home and Rosie the robotic maid comes unleash because the Chinese commingist party hacked into her and she attacks you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's even better. Instead of Rosie just being the friendly maid, suddenly there's Rosy with a big butcher knife chased me down the house. Yeah. Or or but on a more serious note, again, take the robots out of it, take physical agency out of it. Imagine whether it's hackers again, hackers using AI to try to attack your smart home. You know, you know what the winner's like here in Cincinnati. Imagine in the coldest week of winter, suddenly your furnace won't work right. I mean, that's it's a real problem. Could it be deadly? Perhaps? It certainly could cause an enormous amount of damage when the pipes in your house freeze and then burst again. I know this stuff sounds far affetched. Brian Well I never.
Speaker 1: Thinking about a story that really actually happened. That's that's not the thing, you know, it's real. I'm not making this stuff up. There are documented examples of this kind of thing, and it's easy for me, as someone who's done this for as long as I have to to see the flaws in the systems we currently have and to be able to speculate, you know, throw your smart car in there.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this before. Brian, and there have been many people raising the alarm about autonomous vehicles, smart vehicles, you know, the idea that they could be weaponized. And as you think about smart vehicles coming from China, let's say, where again they have back doors that could be taken over. Yeah, it is entirely in the realm of possibility. I'm not saying it's likely or probable, but I'm saying it's possible that hackers could take a single manufacturer's cars and turn them all into weapons. Right at five pm on Friday, every model of this type of car made after this time will just become a weapon. It'll just accelerate uncontrollably. That's where we're going with all of this stuff. And again it's not that it's necessarily bad, it's we are moving very quickly and the right incentives to build things that are secured by design or not in place. You know, people want to be first, they want market share, they need to make it easy to use for the average consumer. And as a result, all of this stuff is complete garbage. And that's why constantly telling people you should not buy this stuff, you should get rid of what you have. I get it's hard to find things that aren't quote smart unquote anymore. But you know, until we get serious about privacy and security in these devices, we're putting ourselves, our families, and our organizations at increasing risk by buying this garbage and especially connecting it to AI that could potentially control it. It's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 4: Get and I have none of it?
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. Dave doesn't have any of it. He's the tech guy. Six thirty eight fifty five CARES Detalk station. Could it get worse? Yes, apparently cyber crimes against seniors is getting worse. First, those save thousands of dollars. Affordable imaging services is the place to go for your echo cardiograms, MRI, CT scans, ultra sounds, and X rays. You don't have to go to the imaging department at the hospital, which is where your doctor's going to refer you, where you will pay literally thousands of dollars more that you can get the exact same thing at affordable imaging services. I personally save more than I think ten thousand dollars getting my CT scans and MRI at affordable imaging services. You know, Jeff called in and he saved thirty one hundred dollars and who else was it? Fred saved six thousand dollars and referred friends over to Affordable imaging services. That's what you're gonna do. Same equipment, hospitals use same kind of medical professionals who've been at this for decades, and every image comes included with the price the board Certified Radiologist report. So exercise your choice. You've got one. Find them online Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Affordable Medimaging dot Com five one three, seven five three eight thousand. That's seven five three, eight.
Speaker 6: Thousand, fifty five KRC the free iyeard radio app six forty one, coming up at six forty two.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas or Tech Freddy's Dave had our interest it dot Com. I thought it couldn't get any worse for seniors being the targets of cyber scams. I guess it's getting worse. Dave hatter Well.
Speaker 4: Sally Brian it is and uh yeah, not shocking. And before we get too deep into that, I meant to mention this in the last segment. And for god, I found a great as it pertains to IoT the Internet of Things, a great post on Twitter slash x many years ago. Whenever I do in person presentations, I always use this so and I wish I would have come up with us myself. It's this guy just post tech enthusiasts. My entire house is smart kind again going back to this idea of the smart home that was hacked and then tech workers. The only piece of technology my house is a printer, and I keep a gun next to it so I can shoot it if it makes a noise. I don't recognize. Be that guy.
Speaker 1: Be that guy? Amen? Amen.
Speaker 4: So. So this is reporting from the Cyber Insurance News, and I think it's so important to remind folks that, you know, you have seniors out there who are not nearly as familiar with this technologies younger people. Now that's not to say younger people aren't being attacked clearly either, but you know, you see things like the grandparents scam, and you know, I know that has been reported on here locally. You know, I've done some testing with some of this voice cloning stuff. People don't realize that. Again, AI playing a role in this type of scam is increasing. I think you and I may have talked about in the past. The Ferrari cfo CEO voice cloning. I want to be really clear to people. Again, I know some of this stuff sounds far fetched. Anyone listening to you today can go online into a search, find a site that will allow you to clone a voice for free. Now how good will it be? That depends on the site, and it depends on how good the training is on it. And when people say, well, how would you get my voice to steal my voice if I call your phone, do you have a voicemail greeting? Because if you do, I can record that, feed that into one of these voice cloning models, and in less than an hour, I can sit out a computer type what I want to say and it will play it in your voice. Yep, I've done this personally. I know it's real, so this isn't speculation. I have tested this myself.
Speaker 1: That's why you need to have a pre established safe word that only you and your loved ones know.
Speaker 4: That is exactly right, because it's other than awareness that anytime you get a phone, so it's not just email you have to be on the lookout for. And now all the old school tells are gone, you know, because they'll use AI to generate that email. You're grammatically correct now, as opposed to before you Yes, grammatically correct makes sense. Be like it's written in it by a native English speaking person, so you know, whether it's email or text. That's that's off the table because they can easily fake that stuff now. But again, you can easily clone someone's voice. It's trivial to do so when your grandson calls or your boss calls, uh, and you know obviously they're going to be more like to pull off the scam. If they're leaving a message or something with instructions. You know it's going to be harder if they're having a real time conversation with you. And one of the tells in that case would be to look for there's a weird pause in your conversations right right, because they're literally typing in what they need the response to be. So if you say something and there's an odd pause in between every response, that could be an indication that you're being scammed.
Speaker 1: But you know, an emergency call where they're asking for money, yes, period.
Speaker 4: If you get any kind of call asking for money, especially if it's in any sort of unusual payment, you need to take cash somewhere. You need to buy gift cards, you need to send venmo. The sheriff's office is not going to let your grandson out of jail because you sent gift cards, right. I mean, so much of this, Brian is always stop, take a breask, think about what you're being asked to do. Is it unusual, is it urgent? Is their money involved? If it involves any of those three things, and especially all of those three things, ninety nine percent likelihoods are getting scanned.
Speaker 1: Right, So don't go down that road and get a safe word established ahead of time. Just pick some random word like I don't know, domino or something and say, wait a minute, I'm not sure this is really my grandson. What is our safe word? And the articles intelligence couldn't possibly know that, soh boom, you're done. You're hanging the phone up and you move on with your day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they just say say. In this article, we're referencing the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint and Internet Crime Complaints Center report, which is very insightful. By the way, I encourage people to go check down and see what the FBI is seeing. So it's not speculation of what might happen by people like me, it's actual crimes that have been reported elder fraud losses hit four point eight eight billion in twenty twenty four, is staggering forty three percent jump from the previous year. The average senior victim lost over eighty three thousand dollars week. Yeah, so you should. You should warn your elderly parents and your elderly friend. You should give them the advice we just gave here. You know, Microsoft is not waiting around to find a virus on your personal computer and call you up and say you have a virus. Google is not going to call you and tell you the email you just received is fraudulent and you need to change your account. Yeah right, So again, stop and think about what you're being asked to do. Be skeptical, and then, to your point, have a safer to at least think of a question that only the person you're supposedly talking to would know the answer.
Speaker 1: Really, there you go, some event that happened decades ago. Don't go away. We got one more. How is it that artificial intlligence can make it harder for doctors to make a cancer diagnosis? Be right back, Emory Federal Credit UNI. You got this the last day you can get on the list to join us on Monday for the nineteenth Daniel Golf Tournament benefiting since our Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund Emory Federal Credit UNI has been helping out the charitable Care Fund for years and years through this golf out nineteen years in a row. So coming up on Monday, August eighteen, four Bridges Country Clubs where the golf outing is going to take place, I'll get to be there to send the golfers off with a few words and hope they have a joyful, fun filled day with the Well you're helping charity so you can enjoy yourself even more so, get the details sign up, whether you're individual wanting to play, they'll put you together with another group where you got a foursome Emory FCU dot org, Emory FCU dot.
Speaker 6: Org fifty five KRC chix.
Speaker 1: If you want to pick about KRS talk station. One more segment here with interest is Dave Hatter. Happy anniversary, Dave, understand you were married thirty two years yesterday. What a wonderful milestone. You're never going to catch up with me thirty three this year.
Speaker 4: Well, it's amazing I've lasted this long because if you knew what my Saint of a wife has put up with. Yeah, you have cover how I made it for thirty two years?
Speaker 1: Smart men, Mary, smart, you've done that. And congratulations, very lucky. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, all right. How is it artificial intelligence is eroding a doctor's ability to make a cancer diagnosis? I would think they could only help.
Speaker 4: Uh, you would think. And you know, there's been a lot of talk and a lot of hyperbole out there about this and how these tools are you know, going to eliminate doctors and such, and you know, I'm not sure I entirely buy this story, Brian. You know, you may have seen the stat and I don't have any front of me. I may be a little off, but something like fifty percent of all studies can't be can't be duplicated and reproduced in a way that meets the scientific methods. So I don't know. I get the premise of this. Apparently, in Poland they did a study over a short period of time of some doctors, and they were randomly assigning colonoscopy reviews to doctors, and in some cases they used AI and in some cases they didn't as part of the control mechanism of the study, and they found again, this is a relatively small study over a relatively small period of time that doctors who used AI and then stop using it got twenty percent worse at being able to diagnose the answer as the colonoscopy. You know, the idea that, yeah, I could see where there could be some validity to this, but it's a little bit hard for me to believe it would have that much of an impact. I don't know, maybe, but the idea that once people start using these tools and if the tools generally produce good content, Remember hallucination, I mentioned this before. You know, these things will be wrong and just make stuff up and insist there right, even though they're clearly wrong, or have just completely confabulated something you know, out of the out of the clear blue sky. But you know, if you get good results and you start to trust a thing and then you know it's taken away from you, you've sort of dumbed yourself down, you've sort of stopped thinking, started to use these things as a crutch. So and you know, there has been discussion around this in other fields that you know, students who use these things stop thinking. Writers who leverage these things, you know, don't really think anymore. And again I want to be clear, Brian, I'm not absolutely against this stuff. There is value in it. I use these things myself, but I understand what the limitations are. I know when it makes sense to use it and when it doesn't make sense to use it for the most part, and I don't just rely on it entirely to do every single thing that I do. Right, So again, I'm not saying AI doesn't have value, can't be used, it won't make sense for your organization in key places, but I think it's interesting. You know, if you continue to see studies producing these kind of results, I'm not really sure what that says about, you know, society in the future. And I'm sure you've seen the movie Idiocracy. Oh yeah, you know. Sadly I thought that was but increasingly it seems to be a prophecy. And for folks who haven't seen Idiocracy, I encourage them to go watch it. You know, are we headed there? And is the Is it being accelerated by people leveraging these tools and using them as in a crutch and turning off their brains, and then you know, when they have to rely on them again, suddenly they can't. I don't know I mean, you know, let's face it, doctors are generally pretty smart people. They've got years of training and study. Could you have a twenty percent degradation in your capability after a short period of time using AI. I personally find that a little hard to believe. But maybe it's certainly an interesting thing to look into, and it's something if it proves out over time I would be concerned about as a society because something no one really talks about much, you know, electromagnetic pulse. I know you and I have talked about it before. This is a big concern of mine as we get increasingly reliant on technology, you know, someday, whether it's a low grade nuclear weapon set off by a terrorist, which I know sounds far fetched to people, or it's just a giant solar storm. You know, our devices are not hardened against a strong electromagnetic pulse. There's you know, I think it was eighteen twelve sometime there was a time that's probably too far back, there was a time and a time of telegraphs where there was a giant solar storm and like it's set telegraph wires on fire and stuff. Imagine, and our incredibly digital, incredibly technological connected society that we all rely on. If you had a giant solar storm that knocked all that out, it'd be a real problem.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't a societally ending problem.
Speaker 4: It's a potentially existential problem. And if none of us can even think anymore and know how to repair these things because we need AI to do it, well that's a problem. So I think this is a story that bears watching. It'll be interesting to see if other studies play this ound, and then people can decide for themselves how much they want to leverage these tools. Again, they have value, want to be clear, they have value when you understand. But you know, if all we do is use these tools, I think we're setting ourselves up for a huge problem at some future point if and when that solar storm hits, because we'll be like idiocracy.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. Yeah, yeah, walk through do the math on that. If all the electricity were to shut down completely, it is horrific reality that will unfold. Dave Atter interest it dot com Business Career says they are the best in the business, and I believe the business career appreciate you coming on the program every Friday, who talk about these issues and quick film. The need to be apologetic about them. It's real. You bring us real, genuine examples and you can hang your hat on that, Dave. Happy university to you in your better half and have a wonderful weekend. I'll look forward to next Friday.
Speaker 4: Always my pleasure, Brian, and you know I do appreciate the opportunity to educate. Hopefully we're doing some good out there.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine if you've got one person a listening audience that keeps themselves out of harm's way, you've done some good. Thanks again, Dave. We'll have you on next Friday. Coming up, Rick Green Spirit Work Ministries. You think you need a powerful positive message, hang out for Rick Green. We'll talk between now and then. Feel free to call and I'll be right back stories at the top of the hour. You just got to know what's happening in your world.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talkstations.
Speaker 1: It's seven six. I think about KERSD Talk station. Yay for Friday. I always love my Fridays. Love hearing from you too. Feel free to call. I got some time between now in the bottom of the air. When Rick Green returns. Spirit Works Ministries dot Com is where you find Rick Green and his message, which is a great one. We'll be talking about the movie that was made about his life. He had an like a just an immediate moment of clarity. He was a struggling, struggling young man, drugs and prison, life on the wrong path, and he'd be the first person in a minute, just in a moment's time, he got the calling from God. Dropped the drugs, dropped the crime, dropped. It changes and transformed his entire life. And he's been hard at work spreading his powerful message ever since. Been on the program quite a few times. And his story so amazing. A movie was made about it and it's now been picked up by streaming services. So Rick's going to give us an update on that. I met the young man who played Rick Green in the movie. He was in the studio one point along with the director. So Rick at the botom of the art about that movie, as well as some the obvious need for some positive messages out there in the world. So we're going to bring that to you here on the fifty five kres Morning Show, Positivity on a Friday followed by something. Obviously, it's positive to have Sarah Herringer in the studio to help her spread her message. Of course, what brings her to the studio is the ultimate tragedy. We got a crime in downtown over the Rhine where she and her husband, her late husband Patrick lived at the door kicked in by a guy who was out on parole. He may know the story. Mordecai Black cut off his ankle monitor months in advance of murdering her husband. Should be in the studio at eight point five to talk about the what she's been fighting for. And I love the fact that at least this terrible, terrible tragedy has resulted in awareness, a great awareness from about for us that those ankle monitors just really don't do anything YE call her early in the program pointed out it creates the perception of safety while not providing the reality of safety. And she, in her most recent pronouncement, an open letter to I guess the Powers that Be, talked about her husband's attacker, murderer, Mordecai Black, but as well as Brian Goldsby and Johnny Grimes, both of whom had ankle monitors and went out and committed committed crimes. Now, as far as Brian Goldsby's concerned they had his GPS trail after he kidnapped, raped, and murdered Reagan toaks, Oh there he is, Yeah, look where he went, Look where he's walking. Showed his every move, but it was reviewed after she was dead. She cites to Johnny Grimes cut his ankle monitor in April, vanished June seventh, shot and killed Lauren Schuler. It remained at large because she said, the system isn't built, the tech them when it matters three murders, three different circumstances, common denominators, she says, a monitoring system that either isn't being watched or isn't even on. And what irks me most about this and I hate to just sort of labor the point, but it's worth laboring. Ohio had the chance to fix this, as she writes, and as we learned, Thank you to her advocacy. Back in twenty twenty two, the House passed ninety one or ninety two to one, a law that gave law enforcement GPS access and instant alerts. It went over to the Senate, where it died in the Senate Judiciary Committee without a single vote. Since Joe encouraged me to read the Senate committee's names. I will do that again now, Nathan H. Manning R. Republican Chair, Michelle Reynolds Vice Chair, Republican, Lewis Blessing, Republican, Al Kutrona Republican, Teresa Gavarni Republican, and two Democrats, Paula Hicks Hudson and Kent Smith. That's the committee that let it die. Why didn't we pass it? Some suggests, and she's suggests perhaps is because maybe some people think it costs too much, But obviously it turns back to her own life. Look me in the eye and tell me the cost I paid wasn't worth guarding with your vote and you and your life. So will be Patrick he Herringer Act pass this fall? And did it take the murder of Patrick Herringer to bring about some hopefully positive change in the ankle monitoring system. We've got the technology, we have the ability, we have the system in place already. We just need able bodied folks to actually pay attention to where these monitors are at any given moment in time. And you think, in a world coming off the heels of tech Friday's Dave Hatter, in a world with artificial intelligence, how difficult would it be to program artificial intelligence to well let you know when people have moved out of the region where they're allowed to be with their ankle monitors on. Huh, yeah, I think we might be able to accomplish that. Sarah Herringer on in the eight o'clock hour, looking forward to Heaven or back on some interesting developments locally. I view this as a very positive thing, and I don't know how you feel about it, but Liz Keating has decided she's going to run for council again. Republican Liz Keating, I think she did a very good job. She provided a different message. She of course very civil in her discussions with her Democrat council members. I represented the Republican Party and Republican interests and ideals pretty adequately. She's now decided she's going to run again, and maybe she senses an opportunity here. Would you spend a lot of time between now in November running a campaign, trying to get signs outspread and T shirts showing up a town hall meetings, do whatever council people do when they run for office, all that time, energy and effort, knowing full well that the dak is deck deck is deck against you because it is the city of Cincinnati. But with Corey Bowman running with the problems the mayor is facing, with the problems councils facing with the well the insult to the residents of Hyde Park and Bond Hill and other neighborhoods who maybe didn't want connecting communities in their neighborhood, only to have it shoved down their throat, not representing the will of the people. Perhaps that's opportunity for a different party or just different people. We got Steve good and running. Steve did a great job while he was on Charter candidate Charter right, no r no, d oh. Look here, he is an outlier good government policy or good government party. Smart, yes, capable, knows the job. Of course he was there before. He can do it again. He's going to hit the ground running. Great opportunity Corey Bowman. Of course, I don't know how he's doing in terms of polling. I don't know if there's any polling in the City of Cincinnati reflect Court where Corey is. But he's getting a lot of traction, He's getting a lot of media attention, and of course they have to have provoll's been parked into a backed into a corner following most notably recently the July beatdown his affiliation at connection with the very controversial Iris Rawley and as the IRIS. By the way, since police dot Com and ninety eight people of siding with the Cincinni Police Department calling for her contract to be terminated, it's not too late to sign a petition. Only need about one hundred more signatures to get them to the five thousand signature goal. So since he with the y Sincypolice dot Com, get on over there, maybe we can close the gap today. So good job, Liz Keating. I wish you all the best, and I really do truly hope that I'm right in the sense that she's made this decision because she believe it is possible to do. Yesterday, in court, Chief Assistant Hamlin County Prosecutor KiB Gweenan pointed out that this violent attack, which has drawn national attention, started by two men who told some of the victims before his words stomping them WWE wrestling style, that they were at the wrong party and to get off the street. He insisted the man seen in the viral of is slapping one of the other suspects just before the beatdowns began. Did it after someone was already beaten? He said. He also revealed that no one quote, no one close quote has seen all the videos of the attack except him and the police investigators. More to come, he pointed out, there are two videos from stationary cameras that have not yet been released. The judge presiding over the matter not the assigned judge, but apparently the judge that was assigned had to be covered for anyway, it was. Judge Allen Triggs said he'd hope the video would have been ready to present to the court yesterday. The assistant Hamlin County Prosecutor said his office was working on a compilation of videos to turn over the defense. Defense attorney for Jamie or Jermaine Matthews told the judge his client was slapped by a white man who has not been charged. Countering that not true, the prosecutor said Matthews was the man that started it, and of course if you watch that video, that Matthews guys the one that punched the quote unquote rushing guy, the white guy with a white T shirt, before he then counter slapped him later a few month minutes later, a moment or two later, defense attorney Clyde Bennett, the second, representing Dekaira Vernon who's twenty four, argued that her two hundred thousand dollars bond should be lowered, telling the judge that she had no criminal record in her case was weak. He alleged it was unconstitutional and only to set high bond due to the politics and race involved in the case. Gohin And told the judge for Bennett to say the case was driven by race and politics was offensive and beyond the pale. Now they're arguing about the size of the bond. Did race and politics play and have anything to do with setting a bond at two hundred thousand dollars, Well, you can make an argument, how often do you see a bond that high in Hamilton County? Like never? Anyway, the judge bought into the argument reduced the bond to twenty five thousand dollars ten percent, which means twenty five hundred dollars got her out of jail. Should beyond an electronic monitoring device though, and it's funny the reporting and props to Jennifer Baker over at Fox nineteen. The judge Warren Clyde Bennett that if his client tampered with her ankle monitor in any way, he would revoke her bond at once and she'd be locked up in jail until her case goes to trial. Well, I just have to ask out loud on behalf of Sarah Herringer, who's going to be monitoring the ankle bracelet to find out whether she tampers with it or not. Anyhow, some of the other bonds were lowered. One of the more violent folks, one of the ones that also got nailed with a gun chun gun charge a felony case, Merriwether. His bond total bond stands at nine hundred thousand dollars. So developments, Yes, more information coming out, Yes, more video evidence coming out.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Don't start drawing conclusions and making statements out loud until you've got all the evidence. Community leaders out there today, at least they should be seven to seventeen right now five one, three, seven, four, nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on at and T phonds and a number I'll give you for Collin Electric Cue and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com. You don't need the number if you want to get appointment scheduled online Collin Electric, Cincinnati. These are the outstanding electricians licensed. Of course, Colin enjoys an A plus with a better business bureau. Any kind of residential electric project you got, They're going to do a great job for it. You'll be very happy with the service and the price. And speaking of price, twenty percent off of service upgrade Act before the end of this month. Apparently new code rules were implemented last spring, causing the price of a service upgrade to go through the roof. So Colin's taking the sting out of that by knocking twenty percent off above or below ground residential single family service four hundred answer less and the promotion extends the breaker panel of main service upgrades only take advantage while it lasts. Intend again until the end of the month. We're twenty percent off of service upgrade five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four online. You find them at color Electric Cincinnati dot com, fifty five car the talk station Channel nine. Weather forecast hot and humid. That's today sunny, hot, humid ninety for the high heat index mid nineties. Over night clear and seventy humid, sunny, hot Humanmr ninety two, feeling more like Medby ninety eight, Clear of a night, muggy seventy one, and a real hot one on Sunday ninety three to genuine high are feeling more like one hundred degrees. Yes, it'll be humid seventy right now. Time for a traffic updates Chuck Ingram from the uc up Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: The u SEE Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at uc health dot com. Sethbound seventy five starting to slow a bit out of Walkland past the Reagan Highway and northbound seventy five. Not all that band through the cut and northbound seventy one. That's open again above Wilmington. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Shy seven twenty two Here fifty five Karsiti talk station in studio coming to next. Grit Green Spirit Works ministers an inspirational message for a Friday five went three seven four nine eight hundred eighty two three talk a pound five fifty If you have an AT and T phone. Oh look, somebody else got shot last night. Woman recovering after being shot by the father of her children picking up her children in the driveway of his home Kearney Avenue at Hartwell ten pm yesterday evening the him seat, buckle the kids into the car, preparing to get behind the wheel and leave when this guy fired shots at her, hitting her in the right shoulder. She was able to drive drive off and actually called nine to one one herself and took herself to the University of since A medical center where she's being treated for non life threatening gunshot wounds and waiting in the waiting room for eighteen hours. That's correct, Joe, Yeah, you better prepare yourself for that wait time. Joe, I remember that like it was yesterday. He got stuck in that lady group. District four police arrested Elijah Moody, charged of Florida's assault domestic violence. What a great looking guy there, nice neck tattoos, buddy. Anyway, violence in the system and Donald Trump going after Thomas Massey. You know that since he voted knowing the big beautiful Bill, Donald Trump had issued some messages saying he was going to support a challenger primary Thomas Massey. This has been tried before with absolutely zero success. So Donald Trump yesterday released a poll truth social media post citing a McLaughlin Associate's poll taken between August tenth and twelve, five hundred likely Republican voters from Massey's congressional district. Poll margin and vera four point four percentage points shows Massey's favorability rating dropping from fifty four percent in June to forty three percent. Unfavorable rating rose from fifty four to forty percent, overall job approved slipping from fifty two to thirty nine percent. Whatever Now, some are suggesting this drop as a consequence of Donald Trump's well being behind the MAGA Inc. Pack, described as a pro Trump super pack, reportedly reportedly spent eight hundred thousand dollars on the TV ad campaign that you probably saw previously spent one million dollars on a prior spot attacking Massy. Now. This poll stated quote MAGA Kentucky's ad campaign has been extremely effective in driving up awareness and influening voter influencing voter opinions majority fifty three percent less likely to vote for Massey based on what they have seen read or heard. They also pointed out they claim three and five primary voters would be more likely to vote for a candidate who is endorsed and supported by Trump, which Massey no longer is. Although Massey did endorse Trump last year, but also won the GOP primary with seventy five point nine percent of the vote. They had two challengers in that one. He won the general election ninety nine point six percent of the vote. Hmmm, echoing a theme from twenty twenty two, where he beat three primary challengers, was seventy five point two percent of the vote, winning the general election by with sixty five percent. Massy last month said of the Trump threats to bro back a primary challenger against him this year, this coming year is going to backfire tremendously his words, and that millions of dollars will be wasted against them, costing the Republicans control of the House. Perhaps we'll see. I just wonder if my friends in the Commonwealth who are in Massey's district have any faith in the McLaughlin Associates polling numbers seven twenty five. Considering the origin, you know, I'm thinking maybe not. Dunk Oa. Rick Crean's going to join the program next the really powerful positive message good man, he is verse. Let me mention for folks with pain out there, dealing with arthritis pain, been to the doctor, check, got the steroid injections, perhaps multiple times. Check pain came back, didn't it? Steroids don't solve the problem. Surgery might, but you might not want to go into the ninth There's a million reasons why you don't. How about something that will solve the problem or could underscore the word, could solve the problem, repair and restore the damage joint tissue, giving you well a pain free life. Consider talking to QC Kinetics about their natural cellular therapies with no scalplers or pills, but providing long term relief with no downtime, with recovery regenerative treatments working with your body to help restore repair the damage joint tissue. So will it work? I do not know, but they're offering a free consultation to find out if these treatments might work for you. So call QC Kinetics and find out if you can live pain free. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 2: Night fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Here it is your Channel nine first one to one four cast. Who got a hot emid day to day ninety degrees real high with a heat indix mid nineties overnight clear seventy Tomorrow it's hot, humid ninety two feeling more like ninety eight overnight muddy and seventy one and hotter Sunday going up to ninety three feeling more like one hundred and yes, sunny and humid seventy one degrees.
Speaker 10: Right now, it's time for traffic updates from the uc Health Triumphic Center.
Speaker 1: The uc Health Backneck and Spine.
Speaker 10: Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learnmurd u se Health dot com. Seven pound seventy five that's building a bit through the lock. When split an extra minute or two out of Sharonville will be plenty. North pound seventy five still looks pretty good through the cup. So does North pound four seventy one. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talks station.
Speaker 1: It's seven point thirty two here at fifty five carsit talk station. Time for a positive message. Then welcome back to the fifty five Karosey Morning Show, Rick Green, which you can find online. It's severit worksministries dot com. And director Savant, who's back in studio. He's been in a couple of times because Savant made the movie about Rick Green's life. Rick Savant, welcome back to the morning show. Good to have you guys in the studio.
Speaker 5: Nice, good morning, and thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Well, it's awesome to have you in here because again, I know you want to talk about the positive message you have, Rick, but Lord knows we can use an injection of positivity and uplifting comments and maybe moving people in a more positive direction because man, it's a heavy, heavy world we got out.
Speaker 5: There, Yeah it is. But we serve a mighty God.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do, and a God that transformed your life. And this story is truly amazing. Now, Rick, you have to go through it again because some of the listeners are listening right now might not be familiar with your your your your story and the transformative moment in time that took you out of drugs and crime and put you on a straight and narrow path that has led you to retirement.
Speaker 11: You said you're getting ready to retire, man, Yeah, December first, it's a rat. Rick is tired.
Speaker 1: Rick is tired. Forty plus years of hard labor. Man, that's enough time to put in his system. Good job, Rick, congratulations on your upcoming retirement. Now, remember how far back are we going? When you had this, you were touched by the hand of God, if I could even put it that way.
Speaker 11: Actually, I'll never forget today. It was June fifteenth, nineteen ninety eight. That was the day that I pulled all my coke down the tilet I pulled my beer down the toilet, I broke my cigarettes, and I had got to cleanse my tongue. And I've been cusstance nineteen ninety eight. The guy in the mirror, I divorced him. I didn't like him no more because he wasn't doing anything positive to Rick. He didn't offer anything positive to the world. I just didn't like him no more.
Speaker 1: You looked in the mirror and saw man. He was hooked on drugs, alcohol and a criminal.
Speaker 11: I didn't want to be him, and it just time's first time I saw him, really saw him.
Speaker 1: Did you consciously take an effort to go through that process of evaluating your life or did it just a light flip on a switch flipped on?
Speaker 11: Now you know, I'd always pray to God to help me, but something on June fifteenth. That day, I personal believe I meant the words of a praying before they would just I think I was just trying to please God by saying words, and you can't fool God that I meant it.
Speaker 1: See that point right there is why I think prayer is beneficial to everyone, because when I reflect what I don't pray every night. I guess I probably should, but I have this belief that I am speaking with a truly, all knowing entity. So you can't lie to God. You might be able to pull a wool over your mom's eyes, or your dad's eyes, or your best friend, your wife, your husband, but you know, if you believe truly that you're speaking with someone who can see through all the crap, you can't get away with paying lip service to the idea of transformation. You got to put your money where your mouth is and do it.
Speaker 11: You're right, that's why God don't listen to the words and around mouth. He listened to the words, not heart.
Speaker 1: Right, We're going to get to your message and what your your your ministry is all about. And a big news on the movie that you have made that was made about your life. Savant directed it. I'm going to talk about that word getting out even further. It's seven thirty six right now more with Rick Green and Savant coming up. Stick around first, Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. You've got heating and air conditioning system. You're gonna need a service someday. I mean, you may want to get on a maintenance program which will help extend the life of that. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning's got that so they can service whatever you've got, maintain whatever you've got. But yes, that moment in time will come where your system will go belly up. So right now is a great time for that to happen because they're going to take this thing out of it fifteen and fifty dollars off a new carrier comfort system for my friends at Zimmerheating and air Conditioning. The folks are all licensed to what they do, customer service grade. The price is right, especially when it comes with a fifteen hundred and fifty dollars discount. Been at it for coming up on eighty years. Third generation family own an operator. Give Chris Zimmer a call five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three. Can schedule appointment online. Learn about all everything they do for you and your home.
Speaker 2: That's at go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 6: Station at Paul ar Young.
Speaker 1: Uh weather forecast hot Neuman, just get used to it. Apparently we've got a few more days of it so hot in Humaniday ninety for a high heat index ninety mid nineties and overnight clear seventy humid, sunny hot and new Minomoir ninety two feeling more like ninety eight, overnight seventy one, muggy and a mostly sunny hot Human Sunday going up to ninety three and feeling like one hundred seventy one.
Speaker 10: Right now, time for traffic d think you see how Traumpfic Center that you see Help Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with venient locations across Greater Cincinnati in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 10: You see how dot Com North Pound seventy five pilling in between buttermilk and Kyle's.
Speaker 1: And getting heavy quickly.
Speaker 10: How to sing Bernard to an accident at gabaret left hand side seth pound seventy five slows out of Lockman Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty nine here if at five KR City Talk Station in studio from Spirit Worksmistries dot com Man. He's been in our studio quite a few times over the years. Real Inspiration. He is Rick Green along with director Savant, who directed a movie about Rick Green's life. Now you go back to June fifteenth, nineteen ninety eight, the day that Rick experiences moment of clarity. We were talking off on the break there and he said, you know what he said, just this dunaman. You know I threw away my cocaine. That's how serious I was at the time. It's like I looked at him and said, you know, that really does speak volumes about that moment in time. From what I understand, people who are addicted to cocaine, that's not something you be inclined to do. First off, it's worth money, right, So he threw something that had like a market value on the street because you could have sold it to somebody.
Speaker 11: I didn't know you copay it on there, but it wasn't worth my phone right.
Speaker 1: Well, see proof of this transformation you went through in a moment's time, because I'm sure the Rick Green from June fourteenth, nineteen ninety eight wouldn't have thrown it away. He probably would have used it, or you maybe have taken better financial event to yourself and sold that to somebody else that he has it was addicted to cocaine anyway. So how savant did you find out about Rick's story and decide that you were going to get involved with making a movie about his life?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I had, Well, Rick sent me a text, but you know, I'll get text from people all the time. I know everybody's ideas before they come out. But Rick sent me a text, and he was just kind of adamant about meeting.
Speaker 5: He met my cousin.
Speaker 11: He came me through my cousin and he text me one day and I was like, okay, let's set something up. And then that day got close and Rick text me again and I met him at a Pianera bread and just to hear him talk about his life and how passionate he was I'm just like Rick, I'm in you know so, and it just kind of developed that way.
Speaker 1: That's a great I mean, he is he's a life transformer right there, that guy. Oh yeah, I mean his message comes through lot and clear, and he's just so convincing of this path that I'm sure you've eve inceduenced low lives of so many people with your message.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, I hope I do, because I always wonder God, am I helping people? I'm just trying to be obedient, but my whole is that I'm helping people.
Speaker 1: Right Well, you continue to do that. You're still giving out sandwiches on the weekend to folks.
Speaker 11: And Saturday every Saturday is God we o were like thirteen thousand bags.
Speaker 1: Now that's great. And you also saved the man's life. You gave a total stranger a kidney.
Speaker 11: I told people that's hard to accept because I think God saved the life.
Speaker 1: You use me, Well, you're the one that donated the kidney. Man, Yes, you got the inspiration from God, but you know you're the one that pulled through with it. It's like throwing the cocaine down the toilet. It's like saying I'm taking my life back. I'm giving up the old ways. I'm transforming my life. I'm gonna save a life.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 11: I don't believe I own this. I believe this is just rented to me to walk through earth. I believe this is all God my body.
Speaker 1: Okay. So to all the people out there that constantly focus on negative, negative, negative, woe is me? Woe is me? What do you say to them?
Speaker 11: I will say, spend some time with God and read this word and you'll find out life isn't as bad as you believe it is. I believe this thing right here on mind makes it worse than it really is. I believe it's where you choose to focus at If you focus on negativity constantly, and that's what the universe is gonna give you. It's all a circle. Whatever you focus on coming back to you. Why don't you try and focus on loving people, focus on positivity, focus on being a better as human being, focus on doing something good that's not about you all the time.
Speaker 1: And what does that do for you?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Doesn't it make you feel good?
Speaker 11: It brings our positive energy back to you, and you'll do it more. I believe so much of where you choose to focus at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a really important thing to say. That's why I asked you the question, Rick Savann, how long did it take you to make the movie?
Speaker 5: We took about a year. It took about a year. Yeah, we took about a year.
Speaker 11: We started in a fall, so it wasn't the greatest start time because eventually it gets cold and it snows, and we shot a few scenes indoors when it was snowing that you know, well, weather didn't matter. But it took about a year and and it but it came together and we're glad we got it done.
Speaker 1: And my understanding it's been picked up by streaming services. So where can my listeners, you know, check this movie out?
Speaker 4: Fun?
Speaker 11: Yes, we should be available streaming on to be September first.
Speaker 1: To be September first. Yeah, is there a place right now where people can see it?
Speaker 11: No, it's not yet released, and actually we even got it on more services. We haven't got the name and dates yet, but we are confirmed on the first of September for two to.
Speaker 1: Be first of September, And I'll tell you what you remind Joe, and we'll put a link on my blog page. Fift if I've care sey dot Com to link up to the TV link. Once it's up there, and everytime you get more streaming services, we'll add it up there. When you watch that movie, Rick, did you see yourself in that young man who played you? I mean, is it like watching yourself when you were younger? Or is it just sort of like a version of it. It's close, but I don't see me.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: I look at it and I don't look at it because they bring up feelings I used to have.
Speaker 5: About my mother. I don't like thinking about.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, because I love her, I forgave her, but it brings up whole feelings. I kind of peek at it in our leading room. But that's what I wanted. I wanted to be real. I wanted to be wrong. But I also want people to know you can stumble, fall and fail at life. You can also get back up. Yes you can't. It's a choice. Stop blaming everybody for your life. It's yours. It says right there, your life.
Speaker 1: Powerful words, Rick Green. We'll bring them both back. Rick Green and Savive the director talk about some more positivity. Uh after this break for Chimneycare fireplace to Stove, you know, positive message to me to take care of your chimney, because your chimney is the key to how your house could burn down. For folks with woodburning fireplaces, the kreosode builds up in the chimney, that lining gets coated, that becomes flammable, it lights on fire. And I'm my understanding from a Gary Sullivan is the first chimney fire mate will crack the lining, which is dangerous, and then of course it creates a more dangerous situation for your second chimney fire, which could burn your house to the ground. Is your lining cracked? When's the last time you hate your chimney inspector, we'll take advantage of the wood burning sweeping evaluation. It's a special going on right now from the Chimneycare fireplace to stove for only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax, a video camera your entire chimney flu and make sure it isn't and there aren't under other problems in there. And of course they will do a certified chimney sweep sweep of the chimney to get all that garbage out of there so you won't have a chimney fire. Don't burn your house down. Take advantage of the special again one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. Chimneycare fireplaces, though locally interoperated, a plus of the better business beer, have been around since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Book an appointment online Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC. We all remember.
Speaker 1: Here is your ten nine first forty one of forecast sunny, hot and human day ninety GREI is feeling more like ninety five overnight seventy for the low humid clear Tomorrow sunny hot human ninety two feeling more like ninety eight overnight seventy one with muggy conditions, and another hot one Sunday hot humid with ninety three feeling more like one hundred right now seventy one Time for traffic from the UC Help Triumphing Center.
Speaker 10: The U see Help Backneck and Spine Center offers innovated treatments to improve quality of life, convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more atuce health dot com. North found seventy five break mikes buttermilk to Kyle's for an extra three to four minutes, then slow again out of Saint Bernard to an accident at Gabre left side South Found seventy five, getting heavier in and out of Lockman chuck Ing, Vermont fifty five KOC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty here fifty five ker Ce talk Station, Happy Friday. Sarah Herringer returns to the studio at the top of the our news. Sarah, of course, widow of Patrick Herringer, stabbed to death and over the ruin in their apartment, had her on before and she is demanding changes, including the Patrick Herringer Law, which will require the authorities to actually monitor folks out on ankle bracelets. Maybe folks like our crime stopper Bad Guy the Week will return with Grick Green and Savant right after we talked to Officer Green since a police department crime stopper Bad Guy of the Week. Welcome back. It's a pleasure to have you on the program. Who are we looking for today?
Speaker 12: The Butler County Par's Office is looking for Brandon Kloonan. Mister Kluonan is wanted for a felony parole violation as failure to register. Brandon Kloonan was originally charged with the rate of a fifteen year old female. Yeah, Brandon Kluhan is a me White. He's thirty eight years old. He's five three and one hundred and forty pounds. Brandon Cloonan has a history of domestic violence and resisting arrests, resisting arrest and minacing, and was last known to live in Middletown, Ohio. If anyone has information on where police can find Brandon Kloonen, please call Crime Stoppers at five one three three five two thirty forty or submitted tip online at Prime Desk Stoppers dot us.
Speaker 1: Stevid Green would tell you, and I'll tell you myself. You'll remain anonymous. Your tip will be eligib make you eligible for a cash reward if for leads and arrest, you be doing the Cincinnati area a service by getting this pervert off the street. His pictures posted on my blog page Tiffany Green, Officer Green Think, thank you for the work that you do throughout the week. Love this INSI Police Department and we here on the Morning Show are supportive of what you do each and every day. Returning Rick Green and Studio along with a film director Savant talking about Spirit Works Ministries dot com and the story of Rick Green's life, which you'll be able to find streaming online beginning September first. Uh, and we'll post that link on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com. Rick, you just made an interesting comment and on the heels of this beatdown which happened over a couple of weeks ago. Everybody knows about it.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And of course what happened to Sarah Heringer. You got held up quite a few years back, and you made a decision you were never going back down again downtown again.
Speaker 11: Nah, don't do downtown at night. That was the first time I ever had a gun put to my head. I'm young. I had seven dollars and I talked to God. I said, God, not like this. I thought he was joking at first, and then he racked the slide. This is real. I said, God, not like this. And when I said it, he took my wine and he ran, woh.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 5: It's something about that night.
Speaker 1: Well, considering your positive message, I mean, if you could say something to those people who were inclined to just go all just completely.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to describe it as like animalistic behavior. I mean, yeah, it's one thing to get into a scrap with somebody else. That happens all the time. Maybe two people get into a fistfight. Should it happen? No, but that happens all the time. But for the entire group of people to come completely unhinged and launch such an just absolutely violent, violent attack another human being, and then to colecock and sucker punch a poor woman right in the face she was doing nothing. I mean, where do you think that comes from?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 1: And you know, what would you say to those folks if you hadn't piled up into a room together.
Speaker 11: I think it's individual choices. I don't want people to make a blanket answer on nobody down there. Those the individual choices. Some people were raised wrong, some people just like violence. I don't think there is one answer. But you know, every individual to me, got an answer for theirself, and I think we should look at it like that. Yeah, you know, it's horrible. I just don't think people should hurt people. No, it's wrong, right with the exception not defending yourself, but just to hurt people, it's wrong. God, don't like it. I don't like it. I don't think none of us like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even if you can see that we have, you know, a maybe a society that has built in problems. If you are of the mind to believe that we are, you know, a systemically racist society. Can you use that as a justification to punch a woman in the face.
Speaker 5: No, you can never justify evil.
Speaker 1: You can never justify evil.
Speaker 11: No, No, because self defense isn't evil. Those are two different things. I'm trying to get you off of me. That's different. It is evil is hurting someone into I don't know, maybe you'd like to do it. I don't know why you do it in no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll have to contemplate that message exactly.
Speaker 5: We got to share the plan with a lot of people that think like that.
Speaker 1: Well, they're Green. That's why you're out here, man. You're saving lives, you're helping people eat, you are doing the work of God. You continue to spread the message of positivity. I don't see any downside of this, Rick Green, and I encourage you to continue to do what you're doing. I know you're retiring from your day job, that's fine, but you have your community work that you'll continue to do. In your retirement. It'll I'm sure it'll provide you a lot of enrichment and you will continue to change the minds of people throughout this area. And it's a beautiful thing. Man. We need an inspiration like you out there, and I'm glad to have you on the program. And Savann, thank you so much for your time and coming down here today and doing the movie about Rick Green's life. And I know everyone's going to enjoy it once it's streaming out there. Oh, definitely, thanks for having us our pleasure. Absolutely, you're always welcome here. Seven to fifty five. Sarah Herringer going to be in the studio coming up after the top of the URW. We'll hear from her and whether she's made any progress in her efforts. Don't go away. He'll be called the Twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already. Another update at the top of the hour, the use of military force. Fifty five DRC the talk station.
Speaker 13: This report is sponsoring.
Speaker 1: Your summer pocket knife of information. That's the only way to stay in for him. Fifty five DARC The Talk Station TATO five a fifty five KRCD talk station right time, was swissing everyone a happy Friday, and I hope you have some great plans going on this week. A bit of a sommer note. Bring Sarah Herringer, a bit Sarah Herringer back into the studio. And I'm sure everybody in my listening audience is familiar with the name. She is a widow thanks to a guy named Mordecai Black who cut off his ankle monitor. He was out on parole. He was out wandering about for months, no indication that law enforcement had any idea at all that he had cut off his ankle monitor, and he broke into their home, Patrick and Sarah Herringer's home and over the rhine where they have had a business, and stabbed Patrick Herringer to death right in front of his wife Sarah, and Patrick died saving his wife's life. Sarah Heringer, the widow, is in studio to talk about what she's trying to do, and that's bring around some sanity here in the state of Ohio, like real time monitoring of ankle monitors. Sarah, it's good to have you back in the studio.
Speaker 13: Thanks, it's good to be here.
Speaker 1: I wish you didn't have to be famous for the reasons you are famous now, but I'm glad to see that you're spreading the word and knowledge and information is really powerful. I had a caller earlier in the program who suggested, you know, ah, we have these ankle monitor programs because it just all makes us feel like something's being done. Well, he's got an ankle monitor, and naturally the authorities are monitoring it, and he's defined. He's confined to a certain place, like the confines of his home and maybe the place where he works, that's all. And if he goes out of those areas, some alarm are going to go off somewhere. Law enforcement's going to be notified, and they're going to go after him and try to pick him up. That makes sense, and that's what we are led to believe. This is how the system works works, is it not?
Speaker 13: Absolutely?
Speaker 14: I mean, I am one of the people who found out that ankle monitors do not monitor in real time, and that currently when you disable one, it also doesn't trigger any kind of alarm.
Speaker 1: That in and of itself is hard to believe.
Speaker 14: Yes, as soon as I found out, I likened it to Jurassic Park when the fences go off, and I was like, okay, and the I mean the thing is is, obviously we do not know that. The people who put ankle monitors on know that. And the unfortunate thing is all of the criminals, the felons wearing the ankle monitors are the ones who know that they don't work in track in real time.
Speaker 1: So you anticipated my next question, is this word gotten out already?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, I mean everyone knows that. I mean, they all know that. And it's another example of where optics over true outcomes. It's like, what's the entire what's the purpose? Why would you put an ankle monitor on to begin with? If it's that ineffective?
Speaker 1: Well exactly, and you know, I considering your case and what we all now are aware of, thanks to you to bringing this to everybody's attention, they're not monitoring them, and the powers that be are aware that that's knowing not going on. One of the defendants in that July beatdown was in front of a judge yesterday and told that she had to be where she had to wear an ankle monitor. He lowered her bond from two hundred thousand dollars down to twenty five thousand dollars to ten percent twenty five hundred dollars bond, but she has to wear an electronic monitoring device, and Fox nineteen reported that the judge warned her attorney that if she tampered with her ankle monitor in any way, she would provoke her bond and she'd be locked up in general till the case went to trial. Well, that's fine, that's all well and good, But the judge also knows that tampering with an ankle monitor or removing it is not going to result in alarm going off.
Speaker 14: Correct, So it's just a threat that they put out there in order to do their due diligence. Hey, there are consequences if you do that, but there has to be The thing has to be effective in order for it to work.
Speaker 13: Outside.
Speaker 14: I mean, at this point, we already know that these are people who don't follow the law and don't do what they're told.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, demonstrably so the sad thing. And I've expressed outright anger over finding this out again as a consequence of your work since learned that. Back in twenty twenty two, the Ohio House passed by a ninety two to one vote, a requirement that real time monitoring of ankle bracelets. Yes, it was passed. No, I mean bipartisanship doesn't exist anymore in here. You have something that almost one hundred percent passed and it went over to the Senate committee and it died there.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, we uh Cindy Abrams, she's looking into that because it's why did it die there, you know, and asking the individuals that are named and listed, what was the point of that? But it's it is it's enraging to find out that there is an entire group of lawmakers that have all decided. And this entire thing came about because of the Reagan Tolks case, which I don't know if you're familiar.
Speaker 13: With, well you wrote about it, yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Brian's Goldsby wars ankle monitor the night he kidnapped, raped, and murdered Reagan Toaks. This isn't from Sarnga's online letters. She wrote about this. He didn't need to cut it off. He knew no one was watching in real time. His GPS trail showed every move, but that was only reviewed after she was shot dead after being raped and kidnapped. Absolutely, they have it right there, it's right there.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and her mother did so much work to get the bill to or the act, you know, to that point where it passes, the governor signs off on it, it goes to the Senate committee and they just outright said no, uh, and then it doesn't go you know, to a larger vote in order to be passed into law. And I tell me why that would make sense on you know what level? There's money available.
Speaker 1: Well, there's money available, and there are literally lives at stake here. I mean, you cited several different other illustrations beyond your own personal experience and losing your husband because of this, that it's happened before, and it may have happened a whole bunch more than you even are aware of.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that is one thing I've been looking into, and it's actually it's it's very hard to find information of how many people have had ankle monitors on and committed crimes, or they've popped them, you know, they've disabled them or removed them in some way, and they've created they've reoffended. That's information that I haven't really been able to get a hold of yet. I think that would be really great job for the media and investigative journalism to maybe to start building this case and showing people right there as the information comes out. It's it's all things that we don't know, but we absolutely should so we can get behind something and make a change.
Speaker 1: Well, a change benefits literally everyone, yes, anybody and lives.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, going back to your very profound point, it's almost like stating the obvious, but it's worthy were repeating. These people have already demonstrated they will not follow the law. They have committed crimes which have brought them to prison resulting in probation and ankle monitoring or placed on bond for having committed a heinous crime. Have to be held accountable. They've demonstrated that they don't care.
Speaker 14: Right, Yes, I think another thing to look at too is how many of them reoffend or continue to break parole. When it comes to Mordecai Black, he'd spent nineteen of his last twenty years incarcerated, and that was because every time he was out, he reoffended, oftentimes breaking the parole that he was on. And that's also information that we really should be taking into account, that judges should absolutely be taking into account is how many times is this person offended?
Speaker 1: Without question? Yeah, and if they've demonstrated a willingness to violate parole, then maybe you don't let them out right, Yes, that's the justice system.
Speaker 14: If you can't play nice, Yeah, then you can all go play with each other in a place called prison.
Speaker 1: Phrasing. I do like that, Sarah. Thank you for that little bit of levity, at least as I interpreted it. Yes, all right, so we will go ahead and name names, considering we have the list of senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee who let this thing die. Chairman Nathan H. Manning, Republican, Republican, Michelle Reynolds, Vice Chair Louis Blessing, Republican, Republican, Al Katrona Republican, Teresa Gavroni, Democrats Paula Hicks Hudson, and Democrat Ken Smith. So you had a bipartisan group of folks who let this thing die. It's not going to happen again.
Speaker 14: No, I cannot imagine it will. I'll be working with Cindy Abrams and plan on addressing the Senate myself and have them look me in the eye and tell me that it is not worth passing.
Speaker 1: I love that. And what we were talking about is the Patrick Herringer Act, which will require every month to be real time monitored. And that's going to be addressed, I guess in the fall session, and we will definitely see that it gets passed. I know my morning show listener will be more than happy to contact their elected officials to make it happen and not let it die in the Senate. Let me ask out loud. But as we'll move into a break, perhaps this has something to do with money. Do we have enough money to do this? Do we know what it's going to cost to hire people to follow it? I think it's a worthy expenditure, considering all of our lives are, at least theoretically at stake. Here ask Sarah, it's a fifteen right now that if I have k see the talk station, we'll be right.
Speaker 6: Back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel. I first morning one to forecast hot and either get used to it, ninety to high with a heate index mid nineties overnight clear, seventy money, let's see sunny hot and ninety two feeling more like ninety eight overnight clear, muggy in seventy one. Go sing a theme mostly sunny, hot and human on Sunday as well ninety three feeling more like one hundred. It's seventy two right now. Let's get a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 10: Run the UCL Traffic Center that U see hew Backneck and Spine Center off for his innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at u see health dot com. Northbound seventy five is running an extra half hour. How to sing Bernard to an accident before you get to Gabar. The left lanes blocked off. Southbound seventy five slows through Lachland. There's a wreck on the ramp from Coal Rain to eastbound seventy four. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station eighteen fifty fock car Seed. He talks station, try to make it a happy Friday. Pick Rick Dream's message and run with it. Rick Green from Spirit Works Ministries on the program earlier, talking about the movie that was made about his life. It's just spreading a real inspirational message and hopefully we can draw some inspiration from my studio. They return to Sarah Herringer lost her husband in that terrible terrible stabbing in their apartment over the Rhine, going back to the Patrick Herringer Act, which a ken we're going to get past this fall. It would require real time monitoring, actually, someone literally paying attention to folks out there on ankle monitors so they can't cut them off, So they can't you wander around for months before committing their next crime. Is this is and again the idea that this was passed overwhelmingly in the Ohio House only to die in the Senate committee. Do you know whether this was a money issue, Sarah means like, no, we can't do that. That's going to cost us Ohio taxpayer too much money.
Speaker 14: I would assume it had to come down to a dollar amount. Why else would it be rejected when it when it comes.
Speaker 1: To right kind of thing. That's why I'm angry about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm trying to be Switzerland neutrality here and trying to figure out what would stop this from happening. And you know, one might say, well, we really don't have the technology to do this real time, and I would throw a BS flag on that.
Speaker 7: You do.
Speaker 14: The technology exists, we do have it, you know. And the the other part of it too, is also the and part of the act is having the the alerts go to the local police departments right and have them notified. It's it's not even enough that it's like, well, when when this happens, when the ACAL monitor you know, the notification, where does it go, who's monitoring it, what happens to it, who's responding, And there just needs to be a faster and more you know, urgency behind the apprehension of someone who's done this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about like an Amber alert? Yeah, I mean, if a child goes missing, you get an Amber alert almost immediately as soon as the authorities are made aware. They've got a central system that sends out the messages right about that.
Speaker 14: And they also they treat you know, different felons differently. To my understanding, I've been speaking with some of the local police officers here, and when it comes to sex offenders, they get notified immediately for that, thankfully, thankfully.
Speaker 13: Yes, And.
Speaker 14: There can't just be you know, like this one's worse than all of the others, so you know, there there should be.
Speaker 13: It's in it.
Speaker 14: But it shows again that there is already a system and technology in place for a certain type of criminal, for a certain type of alert, So why wouldn't we just put that across the board with anyone wearing an ankle monitor and also notify the police for anyone who has gone a wall, and especially violent criminals, not just ones who have created sex.
Speaker 1: Crimes, and to the extent they want to prioritize their efforts in rounding that person off. Well, it's a low level offender. The person got, you know, busted for third offense stealing sodas or something for in store, was serving a minor amount of time, or was out on probation with an ankle monitor over a non violent offense. We're not going to prioritize our efforts to get that guy. But we know he's out there because we got the alert, right, it seems manageable. And then the child molester comes out. All right, all man on deck, We're all gonna go out and search for this pervert. Absolutely, that's the way you manage that. And you know the other thing is we have geo fencing. I mean you can program your cell phone and your your your dog ankle or your dog collar that zaps them when they go past a certain area. You don't need to put a line in the ground anymore. You just allocate the plan based on GPS satellite images and boom, you've got it. The dog gets to that area, it's gonna get zapped. Same thing. Technology clearly works.
Speaker 13: Yes, absolutely, And you.
Speaker 1: Know what, going back to that money thing, the going to close millions of dollars. I go back to the we found six hundred million dollars to give to the Cleveland Browns. Six million. I gotta imagine that would cover most of the car this. I mean, how much can it possibly cost to run this kind of system.
Speaker 14: Well, that's the other thing that Cindy Abrams were looking into. She when she introduced this bill the first time, there was and that's the thing where she's looking to see what happened.
Speaker 13: There is money.
Speaker 14: For it, there is, and it's not you know the person that's like, oh, like yeah, you know. Some of the complaints have been how much more taxes? You know, how is this going to raise taxes? How much would this I'm already paying so much? And it's like, no, you don't need to pay any more taxes than you're already paying. We need to reallocate these things towards programs that have transparency and proven success and not just keep taking that money and dumping them into organizations that are designed to manage poverty and crime. Therefore, they don't actually fix them because their jobs would go away.
Speaker 1: Oh and that isn't that a problem here in the system. There's so many longer real organizations out there doing work in the community, and they have their hand in the taxpayer cookie jar. They do get paid, and they do promise to do some good that's been defined which qualified them to get some of the taxpayer dollars. But does anyone follow up and really truly do an analysis to find out if the work that they claim they're doing is actually actually effective.
Speaker 14: And in Cincinnati the answer is no. And in our own hometown, where we have that type of system, that type of government funds being put into these NGOs, to date there is not They are not showing true metrics of success, mostly because they haven't defined them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's convenience.
Speaker 14: Yes, very convenient to decide or see whether something that they're putting money towards works or not.
Speaker 13: So it does.
Speaker 14: I think with all of that, it has to come from a total reorganization, from reallocation of funds. But we need the leader ship to really be transparent with what our money is being spent on anyway, line by line, where is it going metrics of success, and then the money just really needs to go to a program such as a real time ankle monitoring notification working with local law enforcement.
Speaker 13: That's something that's that's effective.
Speaker 1: And you can make a great argument for that demonstrably effective. Just on a theoretical level that we're talking here. You ask the question, can this be accomplished? Do we have the technology to do it? Of course we do. Can we make this happen? Well, of course we can. This is not sort of conceptually beyond the pale, some sort of brand new thing that you're thinking up out a whole clock. I mean, I'm sure there's real time monitoring somewhere out in the world, some other county or.
Speaker 13: Community, probably other states within.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could just follow their lead. The work's already done. Don't exactly. Oh well, I'll just do what they did. More with Sarah Herringer. It's eight twenty five right now. If if you have KCD talk station, this.
Speaker 6: Is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: JENEDI first only lebol cast two day hot humid sunny night, he's gonna feel like ninety five overnight clear and seventy Tomorrow it's gonna be humid too, mostly sunny, hot humanoir. Ninety two is gonna feel like ninety eight overnight, muggy in seventy one, and on Sunday, ninety three is gonna feel like one hundred. If you believe in heat indexes, you will believe in the sun and humidity. We'll face on Sunday at seventy two. Right now, it's going to a traffic update. Chuck from the UCLP Traffics Center.
Speaker 10: The u See Health Bank Neck and Spine Center offers innovative treatment to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uce health dot com.
Speaker 10: Cruise continue to work with an accident northbound seventy five before you got to.
Speaker 1: Gabra left lane's block.
Speaker 10: That's an extra twenty minutes plus from just above seventy four. Northbound seventy one slows a bit pass Red Bank does a wreck. He spends seventy four's ramp from Coal Rain. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC The talk station.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine I fifty five k C the talk station by the time was Sarah Herringer Boster her husband Patrick in a terribly violent stabbing attack in their Over the Rhine apartment. They are business owners in the community that lived there for I guess you told me eight years. So eight year and you moved.
Speaker 13: Out, yes, yeah, no longer there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sucked it up as long as you could. And Over the Rhine now you've heard may I have to have peerwell in the wake of this ridiculous and horrific violence that we witnessed a few weeks ago, and with the beat down, I think everyone kind of generally understands when you say what the beatdown was, which event was referring to. But the mayor and other council members and the city manager, and I guess, to some extent, although not as much, Police Chief Thiegi coming out saying, oh, no, Cincinnati's safe. Don't believe your eyes, don't believe what you see on the video. Cincinnati's a safe place. They claim. The crime is down. Now, you lived in over the Rhine, one of the hotspots it's been repeatedly identified for criminal activity regularly. I'm not just picking on Over the line, But you actually live there, So living there for eight solid years, what was your experience, I mean, and your husband was killed? What June sixth, June fourth, June fourth, So in the eight years preceding June fourth, when you finally said you've had enough for obvious reasons, what was it like day.
Speaker 14: To day there? We always played the gun or the game? Is that gunshots or fireworks?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, I remember my days in Chicago. Yeah, it's gonna play out in our alleyway.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're like, is that construction?
Speaker 6: Firework?
Speaker 13: Gunshot?
Speaker 1: Cars don't backfire anymore? You can go ahead and believe.
Speaker 14: That if you want exactly and yeah, I mean that if you do look at the shot Spotter program that's like a year to date, there's like twenty two thousand shots.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 14: So that's and and maybe I don't want to be too misleading. I need to double check that data that was that was thrown out. But the point being is my lived experience is shots fired on a regular weekly occurrence in for for the past eight years.
Speaker 13: The concern that before this was more so.
Speaker 14: Theft uh and then Patrick and I had talked and it's and it's insane for me to be saying this now, but I really believed that I was safe. Other than wrong place, wrong time, The crime wasn't towards me. I you know, catch a stray bullet, which the bullets have to go somewhere. There have been times where you know, they've been in the roof of our house. They're on the roof of our building. There there was a night where we were out and it just felt there was a big event in Washington Park and I was like, I don't feel good. Let's out here, Let's just go home. It was nine pm. We got home and we have bullets whizzing by our bedroom to a point where my husband drops to the floor and he's an army that he's been deployed. This wasn't and I was like, oh, I guess we're getting to the floor now. A couple weeks before this had happened outside on Walnut Street down an OTR across from the shell. Forty to fifty shots fired. It wakes me up in my bed and I'm like, Okay, gunshots, Oh my god, gunshots. I'm laying as flat as I can in my bed as far as all my like, is this going to come through the window, what's going to happen, so that even then we were like, all right, the bullets are going to go somewhere. That's that is probably our greatest threat. So it's probably time to move out of here. And so no, I mean downtown is not safe. And for the elected officials to continue saying that, to skew data, to try to you know, present, to paint a story. And I understand why they're doing it. I own a business in OTR and I'm hesitant to say it, but we had to press charge is on someone who attacked a member just this week.
Speaker 13: And the parking lot oh no, yeah.
Speaker 14: And these are things where it's you know, the media is like do you want to report? And now you know here I'm talking about it, but I'm like, no, this is my business, this is my livelihood. I'm already suffering. I've already lost my husband. The threat now on a safety level when it comes to financial means. So I understand why they want to paint this picture Cincinnati, the games, the events. That's why they have the elevated police presence is they want to create a feeling of safety. But what the get yes, to get exactly you know, and to even come down and spend their their dollars, and we need that. But what the business owners and residents of OTR are saying is, don't just give us the appearance of safety. Make it safe all the time, not just when Taylor Swift is in town.
Speaker 1: Put an exclamation point underline and put it in bold. Safe all the time, not just when Taylor Swifts in town. Well, yeah, knocked it out of the park with that one, Sarah, Amen, let's pause. We take a early break, just a slightly early break. It's coming up on eight thirty five. We'll bring her back and talk some more about life and over the Rhine, and well, is it possible to turn it around? Also her perception of how police are being treated through her observations and over the Rhine stick around, be.
Speaker 6: Right back fifty five KRC. I was terrified.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channa nine first one on one. The forecast mostly hot, humid day today ninety feel like more like ninety five, overnight humid seventy for the low with clear skies ninety two feeling like ninety eight with a heating next tomorrow. Guests, hot and humid and sunny skies, clear skies every night, mondy and seventy one and a sunny, hot, humid Sunday going on to ninety three and feeling like one hundred right now seventy four and typer traffic from the ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: The UC Health Bank Neck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnatia Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 10: North Bend seventy five continues over a twenty minute delay thanks to an accident before Gavareth lenth Lane remains blocked.
Speaker 1: Traffic backs up close to seventy four.
Speaker 10: Cruiser working with Rex Song Coal Rings ramped to eastbound seventy four and Montgomery at Kennedy Chuck Ing Ramont five KRC the talk station, a thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty five kr CD talk station. Hope you having a happy Friday. I'm thoroughly enjoying in spite of the subject matter my conversation with Sarah Herringer with her lost show lost her husband Patrick and is stabbing at their over the Rhine apartment after having moved down and over the Rhyine for eight years and establishing a business and over the rhyine. But I guess becoming the word you used off air, Sarah, desensitize, because I told you, you know, it's just not me. It's all fortuitous. Yes, there's gunfire going on all over the round, but it happens all the time. But I know I'm not worried because I'm not a target of it. I'm not involved in criminal activity, I'm not in a gang, I'm not dealing drugs, all those things that law enforcement over the years has traditionally said. Listen, if you're going downtown, you will be safe unless you're down there to deal drugs by drugs or involved in criminal activity that's going to get you shot. Right, So that's kind of the attitude you had, I imagined. Yeah, But you mentioned though, how often, how frequently is bullets are whizzing by your window? And I wanted you to put a little more meat on the flesh on the bones of that statement, because I asked you off Mike about your husband, military trained veteran who literally jumped on the floor out of fear for his and your own safety when bullets came whizzing by you. Actually you literally heard them.
Speaker 14: Yes, there was there was this We were just getting ready for bed that night, where I was like, things just feel a little uneasy. We were home and all of a sudden, I hear this whistling noise.
Speaker 13: It's like, just like I can't even make.
Speaker 1: It on television, yes, Hollywood movie sound effect.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I'm just very odd and it felt close.
Speaker 14: And my husband drops to the floor immediately as soon as he hears it, and I was like, oh, I guess that's you know, And I slowly, like an elevator, moved down to the ground, not not having the speed he has, and he's like, those are bullets that whiz But then when you when a bullet whizz is by, that's.
Speaker 13: What it sounds like.
Speaker 14: And he knew what it sounded like because he's, you know, he had been deployed, he had served in two wars and had oddly enough survived that right, only to be killed in his home because of failure of city leadership.
Speaker 13: And he knew what that was.
Speaker 14: He knew what it sounded like, and it was a completely foreign sound to me, but that was what engaged that initial just instinct that he had and that he dropped.
Speaker 1: In your you're recounting over the eight years you're there. The experience with hearing whether it's whizzing by you that that close range or just hearing it in the distance kind of was the norm.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, I mean there would be times two o'clock in the morning, I'd wake up, go down, get a cup of water, and would hear four or five gunshots pop off and you're like, eh, okay, and then you just go back to bed. And talking to anyone who lives in a neighborhood, who that's not the normal. I mean, if they heard that one night or they would have called all of the neighbors would have called the police, They would have what's happened?
Speaker 13: Who would you know?
Speaker 14: There would be probably an appropriate reaction to that instead of like, yep, that's the sounds of the city, that's the sounds of the neighborhood I live in, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know the weird thing about this, and I've never really thought about it along these lines. You hear about shot spotter technology, which you mentioned earlier. Why would any municipality invest in ShotSpot or technology unless or if they didn't have a problem with gun violence?
Speaker 13: Right, if you have to measure, you.
Speaker 1: Think there's shots spot around Anderson I'm gonna pick on Anderson again. Do they have it out there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Do they have a need for it out there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 14: Think so, I don't think West all of those all of those areas. Yeah, I mean you you put you invest those things are not cheap. You invest in that when you need to. You know, there's they should be collecting data to see like are the policing that you have in that area?
Speaker 13: Is that reducing?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 14: That's a good measurement. Is it actually reducing gun shots? We should probably measure where are the gun shots? Because it's not like an exact location, but we kind of you know, we know that it's in this area.
Speaker 1: It triangulates, yeah, within a block any.
Speaker 14: Right, right, you know, in order to help because of we're all dissensitized, so we don't call the police when we hear gunshots anymore, you know.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: That's it Again, as any other neighborhood where this never happens, everyone would be calling the cops. You wouldn't need shot spotter technology because it's so unusual, it so often happens in downtown. Again, based on your personal experience, A you need it be No one's going to be calling the cops because they hear it all the time. See, you get desensitized to it. And that's where I wanted to pivot over. I mean because and I mentioned that story again to you off air, when we lived in rather what I will characterize as somewhat dicey problematic neighborhood outside of Chicago, when we were up and were actually in the city of Chicago, my wife and I middle of the night. I know what a shotgun sounds like because I shoot them all the time, and I'm familiar with guns generally speaking. But I heard distinctively, what was a shotgun blast? My wife wakes up, Oh my god, what was that? And I just calmly looked at our roll over as a shotgun blast? Go back to sleep. It didn't strike me as that unexpected because I knew about all the gang activity that occurred in that area where we lived, So it was like, Okay, what are we going to get worked up about? What can I do about it? It's a shotgun blast, and probably in the middle of night, probably I probably ran away. I don't know. I'm not gonna lift my finger about it. Do you think and that sounds me like the attitude that you have. It's like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I used to call in the beginning, and then I was like, I can't keep.
Speaker 1: This is a part time when seconds count? Yes, do you think amid the refrains and cries from our our city leaders, if I can use the term loosely, mayor I have to have provall and others saying that violence is not a problem, that crime is not a problem in downtowns, and saying do you think they too suffer from this desensitization that we're talking about here, that they're so used to with themselves that they don't perceive regular gunfire going off in any community as a problem.
Speaker 14: I don't think they live downtown, No, there you go. I think they live in neighborhoods where they would call if they heard gunshots.
Speaker 1: I recommend a property they can buy so they can relocate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And that's the thing, Like we could ask any one of them, are you willing to live in OTR given the circumstances right now?
Speaker 8: And relo?
Speaker 14: Okay, I am willing to bet the answers now. Probably, So if you're not willing to live there, why would you not be willing to live there? It's not because of noise, Yeah, it's maybe a particular type of noise, but it's because it's not safe.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman lives in the West End. Yeah, they got a lot of gunflat yeh, going ad.
Speaker 13: I'm sure he hears it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And he's committed to his community making it a better place. Just to say it out loud, you know there are options out there. Was move forward to November one more with Sarah Herringer. I really appreciate your time today spending with my listeners and me and talking about this very important is she's and I think opening people's eyes, that's really what your life experience over the last eight years can do for folks and bringing this there's attention so we can make a better place for everyone, which is all you're hoping to get out of this tragedy. Absolutely more with Sarah. It's eight forty five fifty five KRCD.
Speaker 6: Talk Station fifty five krc Heart.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel. One more time with the Channe and I weather forecast. And it just doesn't get any better because I'm not a fan of high heat and humidity anyway. I gotta deal with each city you sunny, hot human today ninety degrees for the high ninety four is gonna feel like overnight down to seventy it'll be a humid, clear skies, sunny hot, and even tomorrow ninety two feeling like ninety eight clear skies, overnight buggy in seventy one, and on Sunday the real hot one ninety three filling like one hundred sunny skies and yes, a lot of humidity. Right now, it's seventy five times to the final traffic update.
Speaker 10: Chuck Ingram from the UCUT Transit Center. The UC HELP Back Neck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life and convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at uc help dot com. North Pen seventy five's over at twenty five minute delay thanks to an accident before Gallbirth mud Blane's Block. Traffic backs up close to seventy four. There's a wreck on Montgomery at Kennedy. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: A fifty fifty five KRCD talks a bit of an inside joke. Employees. Have I hurt me? You know Sarah has gone through my stack? My listeners I've mentioned many times. At the end of the fridays I had this, it's more than a ream of paper worth of stories that I haven't gotten to, most of which I've gotten through a lot of them, like stories in the news I was talking about this morning that he caught hearing yesterday. That's a piece of paper, A couple of pieces of paper. Anyway, stack them all up. Came to the end of the week and I just was showing her, you know, the output of my labor, and I said, I bet I didn't get to even half of the stories are in the stack. And she said, don't you have an assistant, Joe, Do I have an assistant other than the executive producer of the fifty five Karasy Morning Show has his own responsibilities and obligations. No, I am on my own staff at me. Sarah Herringer in studio of course, widow Patrick Herringer who stabbed in their apartment, talking about I mean again, Patrick's Law. Patrick Herringer Act is going to We are positive it's going to be passed, requiring real time ankle monitoring so you at least can believe that the system is actually doing something good. So we addressed that early in the program. Now by way of other changes, I'm sure you paid attention to what have to have provoll said by way of some reforms that they've enacted in the wake of the beat down. Sadly not in the wake of your husband getting murdered. Add that to the list of murders in the city of Cincinnati. Obviously we have a serious gun play problem, as you've demonstrated through your comments and what you've experienced personally, what so many other residents have experienced. Did anything he offered by way of solutions, like, for example, the curfew, give you any sense of comfort, like, Okay, that actually might work. Okay, I like the way what he is saying. It's not going to solve all the problems, but it sounds like a step in the right direction. Or do you, I mean, find fault with his proposals or do you think he was missing out on an opportunity in some way to transform or change the nature of law enforcement?
Speaker 14: I think, I mean the thing that I'm looking at is what's the expiration date on this? On all of the things that he's putting in this We're not looking for temporary band aids here. We need a long term solution and also not so much reactionary things. Where is the proactive policing? Why aren't they allowing police really to do their job, pull people over, search cars, that's where you find stolen guns, you know. The why aren't we using the fugitive apprehension to go out I've said it so many times to get the fifty two violent offenders that are a wall in Hamilton County, We have one hundred and fifty that have already popped off their ankle monitors that we know, And why aren't we going Why aren't we cleaning up the streets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and recidtive is a problem. And if you've identified the criminal element, they're likely to break the law again, and they do it over and over again. So it's a very small slice of society that's sorting it for everybody.
Speaker 14: Yeah, which is why I think so many people, you know, when they're they're looking at these policies, they can't imagine what it's like to think like a criminal. They don't think like one, and so they you know, these programs, even they sound really nice and compassionate and rehabilitative, but that's that's not really the case. We need We need police protection. We need to be proactive, We need to prevent crimes, not just be really great at responding to them. So I think, you know, if I'm going to be critical if some of the things that AFTAB is put into place, it's it's what are we doing to prevent? What are we doing to allow police to really police and do their jobs? What is you know, what are these expiration dates? And then even down to the curfew, it's like, listen, the only kids breaking the curfew are the ones who don't listen to the law to begin with. Yeah, and they're really you know, you look it over. There's even one they're like, we're going to enforce it, except if.
Speaker 1: You're exercising your First Amendment right, right, And and I'm like, freedom of assembly is also in the constitutions, Sarah, So somebody's going to make a constitutional yeah.
Speaker 14: And so the whole thing is like, why don't you why don't you enforce laws? Why don't you actually create things that you can legally enforce?
Speaker 13: And I don't know if the curfew is one of them. And you can't control how.
Speaker 14: Parents take care of their children, but you can control how police, you know, police.
Speaker 1: But let us not let this topic go before we part company today, Sarah, without pointing out that one of the most critical elements of the judicial system and the criminal justice system is having judges who are willing to issue higher bonds, take concern themselves with the societal concerns, which are you and me out here in the world, and also to uphold that concept of criminal justice punishment without punishment, it's not a deterrence.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: The hardest consequences, the hardest to fix. Beyond fixing the problems that these young people, notably at home. They have a terrible home life, They're going to become juvenile criminals, and they're going to go on and become adult criminals. It's demonstrably provens You know, I talked to a sociologists, so that seems to be the biggest problem out there, is the poor home life. But you can solve the judicial problem just bovoting better judges who promise to be tough on crime. Absolutely, Sarah Herringer, God bless you keep being a voice of logic and reason. It's people like you who are sadly in a position, but are in a position to make changes happen. It looks like we're going to have some good developments in Columbus this fall, and I appreciate Cindy Abrams working with you. Want to get the Patrick herringerac through and I'll ask my listeners to definitely get in touch with their representatives and senators in Columbus and tell them, what the hell, let's get this past this time, don't let it die in the Senate. Sarah, You're always welcome here.
Speaker 13: Thanks, thanks for having real.
Speaker 1: Pleasure to talk with you folks. Have being a great day, a great weekend tech fard with Dave had If you didn't get a chance to listen to live podcast, if you five cares listen to Dave Rick Green Spareworks Ministries along with a director savant about Rick Green's life story now in movie form, will be able to stream it after the first of September. But also a positive message and Rick always is offering one, and you know, preceding, preceding Sarah Heringer a great great thing to have that real positive message here on the fifty five care Scene Morning show. Thank you, Rick, and of course the entire hour here with Sarah can be found on podcasts afty five Cares dot com tune in Monday for future counselmen. Former counselman and former vice mayor Christopher Smith Aman votes Smitheman get over to Jim and Jack sign a petition money Monday as well. We'll do that. Have a great weekend, and don't go away. Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 9: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if a Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 2: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Miami