Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with your host me, Jeff Grob. I messed up this intro because I got rid of all the ad stuff in here. I'm your host from Giantbob dot com, though that's still true. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about reviewing RPGs and how that should come with Hazard pay, and I think Squreenix might be doing something with that chrono trigger. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jesse Vittelli on the show. Jesse, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Thanks for having me. Yeah, good Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Good Wednesday. You did have that review go up. We'll talk about that here in a little bit. But we also talked a little bit before we get started about a Game of the Year catch up, Like where are you at with that? Really? Because I'm at a point where it's like, oh God, I'm I'm giving up on some ideas of finishing some of these games.
Speaker 2: I feel okay because I feel like I played a good cadence of games this year of previous years where it feels like I'm my entire year is catch up. But there are definitely games that are going to slip out of my ability to play the games in the next like two weeks, promise. Mascot Agency is still like top of my list, Like that is probably the next thing I'm gunning for, but I'm like halfway through Dispatch. I haven't finished that yet. There's just like so many smaller projects that I would have loved to have time for, but just not how that works sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, same, the one that is like kind of like sticking in my craw a little bit that I don't know will do me, Like it won't pay any dividends if I actually do go back to it with Like this crowd that I'm gonna be doing doing Game of the Year with is the new Mafia game. I kind of want to finish that. I was having a good time with it, and it doesn't seem like it's too long. Yeah, I bet I would end up quite liking that game. I don't know, maybe not enough to get my top ten, but there's a chance. I don't know. But there's so many other games I need to finish. Expedition thirty three, that's number one. I got to finish that and then I could start maybe doing some of this other stuff.
Speaker 2: We'll see Mafia short enough, you could get through it. I think I'd beat that game in like eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like, I'm a good two hours into that game already, so I could probably make a dent in there. All right, you know there's a lot to talk about. Let's go ahead and get started and explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb Video Game Defaces. We're here on the Internet without the backing of any sort of corporation. We're independent games media, and that means we need your help to ensure that we can continue doing this whole shindig. That means go to giant bomb dot com slash join, become a member, and when you do that, that ensures the future of everything we're doing here, that we can keep doing cool stuff, do our Game of the Year, get together. We could do Summer game Fest, we did the Bombathon, We could do all kinds of fun stuff, including our regular shows like black Club and all that. And if you like that stuff, support us. Giant Bomb dot com. Slash Join gets you ad free shows, gets you some other goodies. A lot more goodies next year, as we deliver on all the promises we made at the last Bombathon, looking forward to making all that happen. The new website should be launching kind of like in Earnest here pretty soon. Chuck is building it as we're landing the plane, and it's coming together real nice, everybody, So get right, we're ready for that. That does mean the old site is still frozen as of now, and it's gonna be frozen forever because it's just gonna go away and what's gonna be replaced by this new one, So look out for that. Aaron, A couple of a couple of days. As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Octopath Travelers zero reviews. It has an eighty three on Open Critic, and we have some reviews here. I'll read a couple of these real quick. Afore our star review from Alan Win at games Radar Plus, who says it's commendable that something like Octopath Traveler zero exists. Steve Watts at GameSpot gave it an eight out of ten. Has said a stellar combat system and multitude of strategic wrinkles are the glue that holds this well told, if disjointed, episodic story together, and then the six axises. Dominic Layton gave it an eight out of ten, said Octopath Zero maintains the series's gorgeous pixel art esthetic, while it's adapted and evolved take on Champions of the Continent's gameplay ensures that it feels like a worthy console release. Just so you played this, right, I did? So? What was what was that like reviewing a big ol' RPG? It's what, what like twenty thirty hours? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It just like multiply that by five and you're good. I think. So I have seen like the true ending, I have done all the side quests, I have recruited everybody, and I think my hour account's like roughly one hundred and thirteen hours, give or take. Some of that's idle time. I definitely like fell asleep while playing once or twice, so you know, sure, of course within like a ten hour thing. But that game is really good. It's definitely uneven pacing wise. It's if you've played previous Octopath games, you kind of know like you're jumping around different stories a lot between the eight characters. This game's a little more focused because you have a like a created main character that you then recruit people sort of Sweeken in style. You've got a lot of party members you can deal with, and the story is not necessarily focused on the characters as much as it is like just the story that they have like like put in front of you, and it has branching pads, like you know, you'll go and there's three chapters that you'll do, and then they'll converge into one linear section and then they'll dive divulge again into multiple chapters. And I think the sections of the three chapters are a little weaker just because they're shorter. They don't really give enough run time to really do justice to the villains that they're trying to set up. But when that game gives you a long stretch like an eight nine chapter section, I think it's some of the best stuff that game does, but it's long, like you're in it for the long haul. And I do think the best parts of the game are at the end. The last twenty hours or so is I think when that story really thrives. But how do you go to somebody in the beginning of December and go you got to play like fifty hours before you really get into the meat of what this thing is trying to do. I don't think that's like a fair thing to say to somebody.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's gonna be the sickos out there that want to hear exactly that, but they know who they are and they already know they're getting this game right. Like when you're going to recommend this to someone who's unsure, Yeah, that's a difficult thing to even explain, let alone get them excited about the prospect. Let's like hit some of the other aspects of it, like maybe there are some winning factors here. Does the combat like hold up over this entire run time or where you still as engaged with the mechanics ninety one hundred hours in.
Speaker 2: It has some of my favorite things that RPG combat can do, which is like it's gonna be easy at first, there's gonna be some sort of difficulty spike later, and then you're gonna kind of break the system wide open once you've spent enough time with it, you've accrued enough job points and you're able to sort of the way the system works is you sort of level up each character, you gain abilities, and then you can spend points on those abilities to give them to other characters, so you can sort of mix and match a bunch of different abilities and passives and all these things, so you can really sort of create your own build, if you will, for all your different characters, and you can give them more options in combat, like, oh, this character is not a spell caster, but I'll give them some spells so they have more variety. And then there's some passives that are like twenty five percent chance to take an extra turn. And when you get into that stuff, then you start really starting to build into these like game breaking situations. Because the big thing about Octopath zero is it's not just four people on the field, it's eight, So you have like a front row and back row that you're switching between to be able to take. Oh, this character is not good at this fight, so let me like swap them to the back. He'll regenerate HP and MANNA or sp whatever, and then this other character can do something, And so there's a lot of flexibility. I did find it kind of easy early on, sure, and then it has like a difficulty spike in the middle, and then once I figured the system out, it kind of got easy again. I think it's easier than the previous games, but I also think that's just because you have more tools to work with, and so it was I was engaged the whole time, Like there are definitely fights that ask you to lock in, but I never felt it was unfair, except for maybe the last fight of the game that's like a different scenario altogether. But I definitely felt that the combat was probably like the shining point of this game. It was the thing that I was you can tell a games combat as good as when you hit as many random encounters as you do and you still do them. You don't just run away from them. You don't get like bored, You're like, I don't I don't want to do this anymore like I was. I was fighting every encounter I hit because I was just having a good time messing around with different ideas and you know, tinkering. It's a game for the spreadsheets that goos. If you're somebody who loves to put everything into a spreadsheet and tinker, a great game for you.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about like Square Enix's sort of the state of their RPGs, the state of HD two D. Do you think this game is an indication that they are kind of in a good place with the HD two D games and you expect more and better going forward from them, or or what.
Speaker 2: I I'm somebody who likes HD two D a lot. I know it's starting to like wear on some people. They're like, oh another a lot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think between this and Dragon Quest, I think they've like really hit their stride. I do think with this game, because I don't want to like make assumptions here, but it does feel like some of the assets were never meant to be blown up to you know, four K resolution to fourteen forty P because some of them do look a little blurry, because this is like a reimagining of the mobile game. So I think this game like looks visually looks a little worse than like an Octopath two or a Dragon Quest one and two HD two D like it fit somewhere in the middle there. But I think more importantly, it's a really interesting sign that Square decided to take one of their mobile properties and make it into a full fledged console release, which means like, are we gonna look at are they gonna start looking at their other catalog of other mobile games like a near reincarnation, a Final Fantasy, Brave X Vaist, I don't know, and turn those into full console releases with like added dialogue and the town building stuff of Octopad zero, which is really interesting. That's what I'm interested in knowing is is what does this mean for their mobile catalog going forward, games that were never really made available to people that refuse to play a mobile game.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I think at the very least, you're right, it's a sign that Square Enix sees that they leave money on the table when they take a franchise and just put it out as a new mobile game. Maybe the strategy going forward will be like, Okay, let's build these games in such a way that's like, hey, if it pops off on mobile. It makes all the money in the world great if it does. Okay, though, let's make sure we're ready to take those assets in that world can quickly apply it to the where that where that audience is on the consoles and on PC. Let's go bring it to where that those people are. So I'd say, Okay, they're being mindful of that. I think that's pretty smart. I don't know. I'm interested to see. I hope HD two D just continues and they keep refining it and coming up with new ways of expressing that idea, because I think they've it's improved in terms of visuals over time, and I think that all the different kinds of RPG systems they've applied to that have also been mostly very interesting or at least fun to play around with. Well, I guess the next question would before we move on then, is do you think we get like a final Fantasy, like a new Final Fantasy in HD two D style of any sort. Obviously wouldn't be Final Fantasy seventeen or whatever it would be. Could you see them being like, you know what, this is a good way for us to keep Vinyl Fantasy in people's minds and keep them happy and kind of play to the Sikos in some ways, or does that always have to be like the biggest, most expensive looking franchise.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like especially with something like Final Fantasy seven right where they've kind of spun it off into like here's like a Battle Royale game, Here's like the Ever Crisis, like the mobile game. I could definitely see a spin off somewhere down the line than wanting to use the HG two D style like they obviously did the the Pixel Remasters whatever a couple of years ago. But I don't see why they wouldn't at least want to experiment with HG two D for Final Fantasy, especially because there's such a large older audience that is like we we missed the pixel, we mix missed the pixel art, we miss all of this, Like, let's we'd love to have a game like that. I miss I missed the pixel. I miss uh that movie Pixels with I.
Speaker 1: Don't in that movie was Adam Sandler's work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to say Adam Sandler, but I was like, it feels like an Adam Sandler movie. But yeah, I don't know. Final Fantasy is an interesting one. I don't think, like you said, seventeen wouldn't be pixel remastered in a way or HDTWD, but I could see a smaller side project or like a spin off them just trying something out. Absolutely, why not. You got it, You got all the assets for it.
Speaker 1: Like you know, the games seem to be like when they do make HD two D games, they get attention and they seem to sell. So yeah, it's got to be a little bit more affordable to produce a game like that, I would hope. So we'll see. Okay, the other reviews are in for Metroy Prime four Beyond. This popped off yesterday, but you know, we talked a little bit about it on the BombCast, settling in on open critic at least at an eighty two so far. Logan Plant at IGN said Battery Prime four Beyond is an excellent, if relatively uneven revival that reaches heights worthy of a Metro name in its best moments. Three out of five from Alex Donaldson at Eurogamer, Metroy Prime four Beyond is enjoyable enough and has glimpses of vintage Metroid shining through. This game could and should have been so much more. Eight out of ten from Steve Watts at GameSpot High highs and middling low make Metro Prime Force Return uneven. It's like a lot of a lot of people hitting this idea of like, hey, when it's when it's the metro game I was hoping for, it's awesome and kind of better than any Metro game before it. When it's doing anything else, it is maybe often mid I'm like, I need to see this game for myself, Jesse. That's where I continue to be. We've been talking about it for forever, and in the last couple of days, especially now as the reviews have come out, been kind of talking to them blue in the face with people who either have been playing it or with people who've been reading these reviews, and it's like, well, what don't what people what don't people like about this game? And it's I don't even think people there's not much they don't like about it. There's just some things about it that are missing, Like there's no negative reviews on Metacritic or Open Critic. It's all like, at worst mixed. But you know, this is a series that traditionally has had over nineties on these aggregation websites, so I don't know. How are you feeling about it all? Have you been talking to anyone who's been playing it, or you still planning to play it the first moment it drops, I don't know, how do you feel about it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I got to play a lit little bit of it back at that preview a couple of weeks ago where we played the forest level Fairy Green, and I walked away like pretty stoked on it, Like sure, there's a lot of talk about the companion Miles McKenzie, like, it always felt to me like they were gonna just kind of chip him off and put him somewhere and be like, Okay, that was for this section. You'll get a new guy for the next section. And that's what it sounds like. I don't know. I think the biggest thing for me of the things that I've heard about this game is that it's very like linear. I guess I'm afraid to use that word here, but it is like, you're gonna go to Buyom, You're gonna do the narrative stuff, You're gonna go back to the desert, you're gonna go to the next People are describing it as like a three D Zelda, right, Yes, to me, that's not something that interests me. I don't I'm gonna say something controversial here. I don't love older three D Zelda games. Not really my jam. So to me, it's like, oh, the things I like about Metroid are not here, and that's fine. This is a different game. It's trying to do something different, not for me, moving on, but I'm a little bummed. I think it has the unfortunate pressure of being in development, even though it's been rebooted multiple times, you know, changed hands. But we've known about this game for like eight years at this point, and everyone is kind of in their head made up their minds about what this game was going to be or what this game should be. And now we have a finished product and people can actually like wrestle with their thoughts on what this thing is. And some people are walking away like it's not really what I wanted it to be. It's not what I maybe built it up to be. It's not a lot of these things. But what's here is fine. There are parts of it I like, but there are parts that I don't. And it's like, I don't think this game was ever going to go any other way. If we're being honest, I feel like it had the unfortunate problem of having to deal with years and years and years of expectations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the years of like a baggage of like previous developers work and stuff, and they probably were taken as much of that as they possibly could. It seemed like that was a little bit of an albatross here. Yeah, that does seem to be the main One of the main contentions is it is not this necessarily super interconnected world where it's like, here is the the you know, the lava biome overlapping with the ice biome in some way. It is like you go to this lava biome and it's almost like a Zelda dungeon, and then once you're in there, that's very There's a metroid world to explore, and it has the elements of a Metroid vein of the metro venue that you would expect, but it is it still feels maybe closer to an operative time than to a Metroid prime and it's like, oh yeah, if you were expecting one, I could see that that disappointment coming through. It's like, is it good at what it's doing. I will be curious to see that because I think We're still in a point where a lot of these criticisms that are coming through are coming from that place that you're talking about eight years of thinking about what this game could be and trying to match that up with what it actually is, and if it doesn't fit exactly, that it doesn't just like disappoint it kind of hurts like, oh my, you know, the game in my imagination isn't real, and now I have to like sort of mourn that a little bit. And it's like, Okay, well, I think we might be able to get on the other side of this and be like, well, what did they make and is that good? And it sounds like, for the most part, the answer to that is actually yes, because again these reviews mostly positive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, right is you always have that first wave. You always have the reviewers, and then the people who have like kind of played a little bit of it and have be able to talk about it, and then you know, give it a couple of weeks you see sort of what the wider audience thinks, and yeah, usually land somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. All right, let's get to this next story. Yacht Club Games describes Mina the Hollower as a make or break game. This is from Ben Lyons, a game reactor. Considering the heights that Yacht Club Games reached when Shovel Night arrived, you might think that the indie developer would be in a rather good place still, but evidently not. In a new Bloomberg article, it's claimed that the upcoming title from the studio, Mina the Hollower, which recently got delayed indefinitely, is a make or break game, one where poor sales could be the last straw for the studio. As per co founder and studio director Sean Alasco, It's said that it said that Mina the Hollower is make or break for sure. If we sold five hundred thousand copies, then we would be golden. If we sold even two hundred thousand copies, that would be really really great. If we sold like one hundred thousand, that's not so good. This is something that marketing director Celia Shilling shouts out to. Celia, seems to be confirmed by noting that your company is only as strong as your last game. Bloomberg then went a step further to explain that the studio had already undergone downsizing and even put out a second project, or put a second project on the back burner, which is supposedly the three D Shovel Nights sequel, all because it has churned through most of its capital, quite a dire set of circumstances, says the story here. Yeah, I mean in my head, Jesse, when I think about like indie studios, I don't know the inner workings. I've never run an indie studio, but it's like at a servia bot. It's like, you know, if you have one of those games like let's say, Hollow Night, I think just sells forever, and it's sort of like you can use that to fund your development and that's fine, and it's like, oh, but's it's probably like the number of games from indie studios that are like that. It's probably single digits, right, there's probably only a like stardew Valley probably pays for that that really that one person and a couple of contractors to do that work over there, probably forever Show Night a little bit of a bigger to a slightly bigger team and maybe a slightly smaller game in terms of scale of success, although it was still very popular popular. Yeah, and so they are in a situation where it's like they were able to take on some bets and continue to make stuff, but now they are on the hook for the next game has to deliver, and it's god that is I mean, I suppose that's where we're all at, right. You have to go to work the next day, You have to make money the next day because the money you made the day before you spent on just trying to live and survive. But I don't know. Something about this still feels like, Man, I thought this studio would be in a slightly stronger position. What's your take, Well.
Speaker 2: I think that's like a good indication of like where we're at. We talk a lot about the problems that indie developers are facing. Right The publishers simply aren't aren't there to you know, jump buckets of cash anymore unless you're making very specific types of game that they're searching for, and even that is very small. But you have these studios, these legacy studios that have built an ip as big as Shovel Night Struggling and these games. Meana, The Hollower has been in development for a while. We've seen it, it's had release dates, it's gotten moved. That's expensive. That's more money that they have to put in and less of a return that they're going to get. Shovell Knight was game Mina the hollower too. I believe they were kickstarted. They got some funding through Kickstarter, I know for Shovel Night definitely, I think for Mina's. And it's one of those things where it's like that money will eventually run out, and no matter how much money you're bringing in from something like Shovell Knight, like, eventually, eventually the books are going to balance, right, And if you're not putting out something, it's dangerous. It's scary. Like Cecilia said, you're only as good as your last game, And that's the unfortunate situation we're in because if your game doesn't sell, how are you funding the rest of the operations.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 2: But more than ever, you just have to support the things that you love. And if you're someone who loves Shovel Night and you want more Shovel Night, even if you're not necessarily interested in Mina, like, that's your way you can support that studio, right Yeah, And so it's just about supporting the things that you love and trying the best. Because companies are not going to take care of us in this world. We got to help each other. We got to know, hold onto each other, lift each other up. And this is a case of like they're saying, like, we can sell two hundred thousand copies and we'd be good. We sell five hundred thousand, that would be great, that's your answer. It's just you know, unfortunately falls on us, the consumer to help because nowhere else is the games we want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's that is where it breaks down. Like, yeah, people in Chedia, they went for a long time, that was a WEU game I played. I played Shovel Night on three DS and stuff like that. Yeah, yeah, for sure. But the terrifying prospect of working on a game like Mina for so long and being like it is make or break still, regardless of all the other things, how long we were able to go, this game has to sell or else it is done. And it's not like it's implausible that a game like Mita comes out and completely misses and people don't like it's a seven out of ten indie game. In a world where many of the games nominated the Game Awards across all the categories, including the Game Awards and some of the top rated games of the year are from indie studios of one stripe or another and say, okay, so you're not going to stand out. You kind of have to rely on people being like, I like this studio, so I guess I'll try this out, even though I'm not as excited as I once was, Like, people are not that magnanimous usually they are. We're being tight with our money right now, maybe tighter most than we have been recently, and so it's like it's got to hit. That's almost certainly why they delayed it is to make sure that it's going to be as good as possible so that they can eke out that extra ten thousand and sales here or there. I think that is just an illustration of the play of making games in general. Of course, Like this is just what it looks like. And there was a time where if you put out a game that had any sort of cachet, any of high profile, it would reach a certain sales threshold on the strength of being a new video game. We are far away from that world now with with Best, with hundreds of games launching on Steam every week, right, it's completely different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a tough market to be in, and like I said, everyone's been talking about how tough it's been for developers. It's it's it's been a toughier for everyone, but for developers it's been especially tough with everyone's vying for limited time and so so much of the younger generation is wrapped up in live service games, games that are that that is the game that they play. They play their Roadblocks, they play their Fortnite, they play whatever, and it's it's it's hard to get these games in front of people and pull them away from the thing that they're already spending their time on. Is it is a money issue, especially you know in some parts where it's like money is really tight for a lot of people right now. But it's also a time thing. We only have so much time in the day. And if you're somebody who's got to log on and do their dailies and you know, do grow a garden or whatever, like, that's your that's your gaming time. You're not going to really branch out for something unless it's like you said, like a ten out of ten and nine out of ten. If you're if you see a seven out of ten indie game and you're not somebody who normally veers away from the thing you're comfortable with. That that's not going to be the thing you you veer away for. And so they have. It's an uphill battle and every day is you know, tough, and even for legacy developers like it's it's a scary world out there when you're trying to put out a game. It's a it's magic that games get made at all. Yes, when you look at the the battles that they fight every day to get just something done and then for it to ship and you know, not hit what they needed to hit, it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's a good point from a chat that you know, because it's because it is the kickstarter game that you mentioned. Uh, there's a significant portion of the audience that is obsessed with the studio that already paid for this game is already paid right that that gap as said, that capital has been spent. So we'll see. I think there is other stories here that are are sort of similar to this for other older developers. We'll get to here in a second. First, though, we're going to take a break if you want to skip out on these. What we do is we make an ad reversion of this show. If there's an audio feed and a video feed, you get that by going to giant bomb dot com slash Join. If you get that, you could skip out on this right here these messages from our sponsors. All right, we are back. It's Game mess Mornings. Jesse Ptelli, Jeff Grubb. Let's get to this next story here. Ugi Horri appears flustered and says he can't talk about a Chrono Trigger remake. What does he mean? This is from my Nintendo News. The legendary Ugi Horri may have let the cat out of the bag by revealing that he is seemingly involved in the rumored Chrono Trigger remake for current generation consoles. Asked about the celebrations happening around the anniversary of the series, he was asked if there were any game developments happening. In his reply, he appeared visibly flustered and said that is not something he can actually talk about yet, leading many online to speculate that a new Chrono Trigger project is in the works. Whether it's HD two D or a Final Fantasy seven remix style project, that would be nuts. There's no way remains to be seen and Basically the quote here is I can't talk about that suggesting that there is a that, But of course there's people talking all kinds of ways. I'm choosing to be on the side of I think something's happening with Chrono Trigger. Where do you fall on all this?
Speaker 2: It's it's tough because I feel like, at least once or twice a year we get a story that's supposedly about a Chrono Trigger remake or remaster or new whatever, And at this point it's like, I just I don't know. I I'm gonna say something. People are going to be very upset with me. I have never finished Chrono Trigger. It is not a game that I've seen all the way through, So I apologize. I know I was just talking about being an RPG sicco and I haven't played a seminal work. I understand that it's only so much time in the day. However, I would be thrilled if this existed, but I have yet to see anything that really makes me believe that it is happening. Because we're still talking about the Final Fantasy nine. Suppose was it a remake that's floating around them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was seemed like it was shelved. That was the latest roomber on that one is that they were doing it and then they shelved it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yes, and so that could be the thing with this, right, it could get shelved it, something could happen like until we have something to work with.
Speaker 1: It's maybe maybe that's why you can't talk about it. Yeah, maybe, yeah, exactly, it could be any number of things happening here where it's like there was something in the works and maybe it's still like in limbo and he's just like, I can't talk about that, like I'm trying to figure it out myself. So sure it would make sense though it does feel like Crono Trigger is one of those franchises. Like so the recent history of Squaring Innis has been then putting out a lot of different kinds of games. There was a couple of years there where they had where they had like five or six, six seven titles out there that were like I'm trying to I'm struggle to remember any of their names, but like weird Little Strategy ORPG games and all this other stuff, and.
Speaker 2: They are to sell various day life, various day life, Yes, Triangle Strategy, Yes, you Field Chronicle.
Speaker 1: Do you feel Chronicles is the one I was thinking of. Yes, yeah, So they had a lot of that stuff and I I overall was a relatively big fan of that that that that those works, but they didn't sell and they were having some issues overall with cash flow. So they were like, hey, after that initiative, we are going to shift to this other way of doing things, and that is focusing on our biggest ip and and kind of doing fewer games but bigger or ones they might have a bigger splash. To me, Chrono Trigger does definitely still fall into that category. And so if Final Fantasy nine got put off to the side because they're like, let's just hold on here, I still think Krono Trigger might have been able to survive that. And then if they do that also, they could set up a future where it's like, okay, we have re established Chrono Cross already and now here's Chrono Trigger. Let's make a new Krono game and that would that feels like that could be a massive splash if they were to do that. Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 2: I mean it makes sense to me, like right, like it is this game that people are constantly asking about constantly asking for they want more. Like I said, it's a seminal work for orpgs. It's something that so many people just desire. So yeah, of course if I was working there, I would be like, yeah, why are we not doing this? This should be a thing that is in the pipeline. And maybe it is. I just have a hard time believing it because we've been talking about it for so long and it hasn't happened. It's reaching that like Half Life three for me, where it's like, Okay, you know what, and now we're in a world where like maybe that's happening.
Speaker 1: So huh.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like completely discount like a Corona Trigger remake of some sorts, but I need something a little more concrete personally before I can get behind this, because I'm not going to let myself get excited about something that might never see the light of day.
Speaker 1: Yep, and game development just does seem so harrowing and so many pitfalls that even if something was happening, it could have fallen apart. You're right, still no concrete announcement or confirmation or anything here. One guy being flustered and saying, I can't talk about that is all we have, so we'll see, all right.
Speaker 2: But not really, don't do that? Leave them at one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just leave to leave the guy alone for crying out loud. Hell Divers too cuts its install size from around one hundred and fifty four gigabytes to twenty three gigabytes in a beta you can opt into now. This is from Joshua Woolens at PC gamer. Our hard drives get bigger, but so do the games. In twenty twenty five, we are beset by file sizes. Run a muck time was I'd consider a thirty gigabyte game to be unfathomable and unfathomable in position, in an unfathomable imposition on my sea drive. All right, man, guys cooking over here, How young a naive I was? As we speak. Multiple games north of one hundred or even two hundred gigabytes are spreading across discs, but that number just in a decrease by one. In an update on Steam, Arrowhead announced that it has performed some manner of warlockery and reduce the footprint of Hell Divers two by eighty five percent. That is nuts, basically, they said here by completely deduplicating our data we were able to reduce the PC installation size from one hundred and fifty four gigabytes to twenty three gigabytes, saving one hundred and thirty one gigabytes. It's crazy. This is I think mostly about that technique of duplicating assets across the install so that hard drives can retrieve a certain thing faster instead of having to go search through the entire database. It's in multiple points on the database, so the disc only has to spin, you know, a fraction of an inch instead of a full inch or something like that. I don't know how hard drives work that they'll still seem like magic to me. I guess the thing here might be fuck hard drive owners, but yeah, the fuck hard drive owners. Like if you're still playing games like a Hell Divers two is a game you probably play on a pretty decent PC. If that's what we're talking about here, with a like, and you're gonna get your RTX A fifty series card and you're gonna install the game on a hard drive in twenty twenty five, No way, right, that's gotta be less than I want to say, less than two percent of people. Let's be generous and say five percent of people just do that it's time to upgrade to the SSD. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you've made it this far. And like you said, you have all these other high end components, but like you're still running a hard drive, Like I, how did we? Like? They're not money is money?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Like you know, cause people have very different financial circumstances. Right, But of all the parts of your computer that you could upgrade, your hard drive is not the most expensive part.
Speaker 1: No, just expensive. SSD compared to hard drive is the biggest bang for your buck upgrade you can make, even more so than your GPU or CPU. Seriously, Like I go install your games on an SSD, everybody.
Speaker 2: It'll change your life really much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, can you remember the first time you used an operating system that was on an SSD instead of a hard drive. Do you remember how you felt like all the computers are kind of good? Now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do THATGIC?
Speaker 1: Yes and yes, And if you have it streussed as an v ME SSD, but even SATA, Like I'm fine with SATA SSD if that's what you got, if that's all you have in your in your system. But so this is maybe a moment here where it's like, I think developers are gonna be like Hell Diverge two dead it maybe we can do it, and I don't. I'm not gonna expect here in the next six months that we wake up Jesse and Call of Duty is suddenly a reasonable size. But I think there's a chance that we'll see fewer games that are approaching that two hundred gigabyte size going forward if this becomes the standard, and I hope it does. I wonder if it's like if does the Steam Hardware survey, like say, how many people just have hard drives in their or how many people use hard drives to play games. I bet it's just have hard drives in their systems, which is fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're getting the data from somewhere, right, Yeah, they have to have the number to prove that like this was this was part of the reason we did this entire endeavor. So I don't know what the exact question is, but they got the data somewhere that there's a lot of people with hard drives playing, or enough people with hard drives playing Hell Divers.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, So Avid Demon says, I'm gonna tell Medea who doesn't know anything that it's being discussed. I'll put it the most simple terms. Hard drive has a spinning disk. Solid state drive is there's no moving components just inherently that makes it faster. It's able to like instead of having to like spin the disc to find the asset in the game, there is just an SSD there that has its stored in a static way that the computer always knows exactly where it is and can retrieve it almost instantly. Yeah, SSDs probably are going to get more expensive. Everything's getting more expensive. But yeah, you should still just get like a gaming drive. One terrible bite and you'll be good and just keep like clear out the fridge when it's time. The one hundred and thirty one gigabytes save that is a huge number. I would not expect.
Speaker 2: Other games you can put on your hard drives that are not call of duty.
Speaker 1: Right. I remember like hearing about this early on, this idea that like, oh, hard drive games have to duplicate the data. It's something they started doing when games were played directly off of a DVD or a Blu ray disc. And it's okay, yeah, that makes sense that that is necessary. But when they get rid of that how much is that really gonna save. It's gonna save twenty percent, maybe optimistically, and here it is way way more than that. It's kind of incredible. Ron Gilbert cancels RPG project due to lack of support and funding. This is from Sophie McAvoy at Games Industry dot biz. Games veteran Ron Gilbert has has stopped developing his untitled RPG project, once described as classic Zelda meets Diablo meets Thimbleweed Park. During a recent interview with Ours Technica, Gilbert exp on various issues during production, including a small three person team and a lack of funding support. I just didn't have the money or the time to build a big, open world game like that, He noted. It's either a passion project you spend ten years on, or you just need a bunch of money to be able to hire people and resources. Gilbert explained that he had pitched the concept, but the deals that publishers were offering were just horrible. Doing a pixelated old school Zelda thing isn't that isn't the big hot item. So publishers look at us, and they didn't look at it as if we're going to make one hundred million, and it's worth investing in, he said. The amount of money they're willing to put up and the deals they were offering just made absolutely no sense to me to go do this. He went on to note how publishers are very analytics driven, which makes it difficult to pitch concepts compared to when he started his career. They have formulas that they apply to games to try to figure out how much money they could make, and in the end, you end up giving a whole lot of games that or you end up getting a whole lot of games that look exactly the same as last year's games, because that's what made money. When we were starting out, we couldn't do that because we didn't know what made what made this money. So it was a lot more experimenting, experimental, I think he's trying to say. He continued, that's why I really enjoy the indie game market because it's kind of free of a lot of the stuff that big publishers bring to it, and there's a lot more creativity, strangeness and bizarreness. Yeah, so like said stuff, like, you know, if you want to get this attention from publishers, you kind of have to make something that can pop off on like for YouTube and things like that, and it's like, yeah, I could see that being one of the hang ups here. It's Ron Gilberts from a time before that. He's like, I'm gonna make my game and people will maybe show up for it. But this is I don't think I don't know Ron Gilbert's alone here. This has been the story we've heard over and over again. And one of the reasons, like you hear stuff like capitals drying up at yacht club games, it's like, well, in the past, what you do is when that happens, either put the game out too early and hope for the best and update it later, or you go to a you're publishing partners and say, hey, can we get some more money, And that's something that happened in the past. Doesn't sound like that's happening kind of at all right now right, and it's even happening to people who have established track records. Thimbleweed Park was a really well received game of like I was still a kind of a standout hit on the Switch one. I think it was one of the better selling like point and click at venture games on the Switch one. And he can't parlay that into current funding for his next game. That sounds pretty cool to me. What do you think this says about where we're at.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of publishers are always looking like backward, right. They're always like, okay, well, like what just so, what's the next ballatro, what's the next Peak? What's the next.
Speaker 1: Everyone's on their heels. Everyone's terrified of making a mistake, so everyone has to be like.
Speaker 2: The most risk averse we've ever been. Yeah, but they should be looking forward, right, because you can't really predict what the next game that's going to pop off is, but you can look at cool games and be like, this has a really good chance at finding an audience and making a decent buck. Everything you just described to me sounds exactly like that. That That entire game sounds like something that would find its audience if it's given the right level of budget, it's given the right marketing push, it's put in front of the right people, that game would do great. But they're not looking for that. They're looking for the low maintenance, high risk, high reward play, even though it's not really high risk if you're just putting out like another Peak or something. Right, But that's what they're looking for. They're looking for that game that's gonna sell ten million copies, that indie game that's gonna be made by quote unquote one person. And you know, pop off. That's a that's fest finding a needle in a haystack Like that's it's an impossible task. You gotta support the things. You gotta give money to the things that are going to make you a good return. It's it's a good relationship, right, it's somebody. You're gonna be able to fund this cool project, this cool piece of art, and everyone's gonna walk away happy. That's what you gotta do. But they don't give me the money. They don't let me make the.
Speaker 1: Decisions to their detriment. I think, in my in my personal opinion.
Speaker 2: This game, this game sounds sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds really good. Yeah. I guess his team did that was returning to Monkey Island that also seemed to do pretty well. Yeah, I don't know. I just take chances on these, these these kinds of games. I feel like they will eventually start paying off again. But again, I'm not in that business. Don't really want to be in a business like that where you have to pick winners and losers. That seems very tough. But there are multiple publishers of like indie publishers that seem pretty good at it, like, oh, we have a good track record of finding stuff that's interesting, and it doesn't seem like a Devolver Digital. I'm sure they have their algorithms. I'm sure they have their their spreadsheets that they put things into. I don't know if that's how they are like initially finding their partners. Though to me, it seems like this shit looks cool, It speaks to us. It has a voice and a voice that we recognize that kind of fits without the voice of our other games. Let's see if we can work together. And then at that point it's like, let's do the numbers. Then I think what he's saying is a lot of the partners he was talking to just want to make the math make sense right away before there's even a game. And so that's that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: That's an uphill battle always.
Speaker 1: All right. Io Interactive confirms hit Man four will eventually arrive. This is from Ben Lyons, a game reactor. The next game to come from Danish development powerhouse Io Interactive will be Double seven First Light, but we are all expecting the studio known best for making hit Man games to eventually return to the franchise. Nothing official was confirmed that this would be the case, but it was assumed. Now we know officially that it will happen. Speaking with Variety recently, CEO Hakan A. Brock took some time to talk about hit Man, where he basically confirmed that hit Man four will eventually become a reality in full of brac expresses. So of course there will be more hit Man, but right now, I think we need to get to the other side of this year and next year you'll get more news about hit Man co Op because I think co op is a really really good extension to the universe and will introduce very interesting mechanics and combinations in World of Assassination. I forgot that that's happened. I'm so excited. Yes, but we will after that be talking about the next hit Man, because of course there's going to be a next hit Man. They are still on like this side of Double O seven First Light. That game does have to happen. I'll say every time I see that game more and more excited. I think it looks like they really have found something that will work for that. I don't think it's not talking about a Game of the Year contender, but a solid license game that looks like a pretty fun romp with some io sauce part on top. So it's like there will be moments where it feels a little bit more like Hitman and sometimes where it feels a little bit more like an action game. And when I was in a like a hands off preview with them, my question is like, how do you deal with the pacing between these two ideas of like the Hitman style levels versus the just running gun scripted levels. And you could tell like they almost all looked at each other like this is the thing we talk about the most. We want to make sure that that pacing is really good. And so I have some faith that they're going to make this game really sing after that, though, I'm sure if James Bond does really well, they'll keep making those games. Hit Man has been their bread and butter and really has found its footing in terms of being like this ongoing sort of live service, single player style game, and they're gonna want to return to that, but that I don't think they need to rush to it. Hitman three or Hitman World of Assassination, especially once against this co op update and they can keep adding DLC. They got this M and M stuff happening, they can run on that for a while and take their time and really reload. So I'm not expecting a hit Man for anytime soon, how about you.
Speaker 2: No, It's this is one of those stories where like I read it and I go, yeah, of course, the people that made hit Man got offered the Bond license. They're obviously going to take that, and they're super stoked about it. Every Like you said, everything we've seen is looked really good. I'm actually like more impressed than I thought i'd be with that game, because I really did think it would kind of be just a reskin of hit Man, and I'm happy that it has found its own specific, you know, parts that it's looking for. Like the high octane sort of James Bond stuff is very much there. It's not just feels like age and forty seven wearing a James Bond suit. But of course they were going to go back to him, and Hitman has been doing so well for them. They have put so much love and care and attention into those three games. The most recent trilogy. Like you said the eminem stuff, they were always going to go back to hit Man's their baby, right, Yeah, And it's not like it ended like three ended on this whimper and they were like, Ah, we don't know about the future of hit Man. We're not really sure. People really didn't like the stuff we put out for it, so we're gonna come back to it. It's like, no, they got an incredibly cool license to work with that they earned through doing hit Man, and then we'll come back to him Man and everyone will be super super jazzed when Hitman comes back, because I would love a hit Man for I'm excited for James Bond more excited for a new hit Man.
Speaker 1: Yep. I'm really looking forward to everything I was doing. They still have that other project. I don't know if they've ever like like publicly revealed anyway. I think they've publicly confirmed it. It's like Project Dragon, which is like their fantasy game. I wonder what the status of that is, so maybe it's something on the shelf. And because they did get so busy with Double O seven, then they don't want Hitman to go in there, like I don't. They definitely don't want Hitman to become like their Fallout where it's like, oh man, how do we get back the Fallout where Bethesda and we'd be grateful made a new one of those, but that's so far away because we have to do Elder Scrolls first. I think they want to keep it in an active rotation just I just don't think that means they start working on one in the next.
Speaker 2: Year or so now. James Bond, to me feels very much like the exact kind of license that you want to do incredibly well because it means you can staff up your studio. You have this ongoing sort of like Insomniac and Spider Marvel, right like they've got their Spider Man, they've got their Wolverine, and then the rest other parts of the studio can work on like other projects, and you become a studio that can now balance with a reliable source of income multiple projects at the same time. That's right, It seems like the ideal situation.
Speaker 1: Yep. I think there's a strong chance that it really works out for them, especially if that if that comes in is like you know, mostly positive reviews. I think people will be all aboard on it. Mario Kart World version one point four point zero is now available, includes music, sliders, and more. Basically, you can like customize the items available in a race. A new feature added to item rules, allowing players to set which items appear in versus race, balloon battle, coin runners, and room in online play or wireless play. The audio enhancements including the music track name and source title are now displayed on the pause menu, and a music volume setting has been added. They also like change some of the course layouts. Several specific routes involving Koopa, Troopa Beach, Whistle Stop, Summit, Desert Hills, DK, Spaceport, Crown City, and Peach Stadium had their course layouts changed for versus race or race in online play or wireless play. It's yeah. Also yes for the volume options for the audio, there's two settings. It's not like a slider, really, it is normal or loud out the most love.
Speaker 2: It Nintendo, just absolute nonsense.
Speaker 1: If we just made it a slider with numbers, who understands any of these numbers. We don't want to confuse these people out, these little simpletons in this economy. Related to sound and how loud it could be. No one's ever seen such a thing. People only to understand normal and loud two options. That's it. Kick him in the ass. Here's a sign signature from Shagia Mimoto.
Speaker 2: I saw videos, and I don't want to spread misinformation, so take this with the grains. I saw some videos that they changed, like the intermission parts of a of a course. Yeah, like I saw someone like riding on the water and then like vines were there and they were grinding on the vines to go to the next course, like they somebody got I saw somebody get into like a helicopter in between like the water level. It looks like that they've changed some some of the maybe like interstitial parts of the track. I cannot con from miss a video I saw online. It could be fake, but that's what I saw, and I was very.
Speaker 1: Confused because of change the way that some tracks connect the Koopa Trooper Beach. That's one of the things I don't just spechnically troop of Beach. I think, I think, so I don't know exactly what it means. There's a lot of like changes here. I kind of tried to pare it down to make it easier to parse for the show. But like Kuper Tripbuch was also used to be like one lap and now it's two. They things like that. It's they're making changes to this game. They it seems like they are responding to some of like the criticisms. I don't know, we'll see. Maybe we'll keep up no fanfare.
Speaker 2: It just came out. Yeah, it feels pretty substantial for something that just showed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's quite a few other improvements and adjustments here, and they fix some bugs and stuff like that. So yeah, but they didn't like put it in a blog post or anything like that, and definitely did not have like a direct announcement for it. So I do wonder how they feel about Mario Kart World, because the game is selling like crazy, but it's because mostly it's attached to the switch too, although I don't think that's the main reason it's selling. It's Mario Kart that's the main reason it's selling. But I wonder what they think that the long term sort of prospect is for that game, if it's similar to Mario Kart eight, and if they feel they need to do anything to kind of ensure that it can perform. Similarly, we'll love to see last story here. Naughty Dogs Intergalactic the heretic profit is reportedly still years from release and don't except to see it all at the Game Awards. Over the break, I was posting about this Colin Moriarty who he had a pot. He was on some podcast and I guess was speculating about the game maybe coming out next year and being at the Game Awards and I didn't listen to that, but some it caused some people to like post about, oh oh, he thinks it's coming out next year, and then that caused people to reach out to me who do know, and they said it won't be at the Game Awards and it's not coming out next year, And so I just went online real quick and say, hey, it's it's won't be at the Game Awards and yes, it won't be out next year, something that at that point Jason Tryer had confirmed. So it's I just feel like, let's just yeah, say that. Yeah, intergallectic the heretic Profit, Is that, right? Guy? Man, I'm gonna have to like such myself. Yeah, I think so. And every time I say Intergalactica, I just want to sing the BC Boys song instead. So that's gonna that's gonna be a huge issue for me. Yeah, I think it's clearly it's not out next year. We know that. Do you think it's out in twenty twenty seven then no, Yeah, I think there's a chance.
Speaker 2: I think it just like a twenty I think this is like I think this takes the slot of like the Last of Us Part two did for PS four and Ghost of Sushima, where it's like it's out at the very tail end of whatever this console's life cycle is, and then like a couple months later we get whatever the next generation of consoles are, Like.
Speaker 1: That's what that is, and they have like an updated version for that, like ready to go, because it's like it took that long. If that is the way it goes. Jesse that that does mean that basically essentially, because that would make it a cross gen game. This entire generation went by without a game from Naughty Doug right, a new game, A new game, yes, a new like a new release something that they are not a remake and not a remaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. They put out the Last of Us one and two like eight times, yep, so they were they were busy with that.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't. It just feels to me like a like an end of like, I don't know, it got announced and we were I agree with you, yeah, and then everyone was like, yeah, this game, don't expect it suit like, this is going to be a while, and you know how long game development is at this point, like takes a long time.
Speaker 1: I think that every time I go back to look at that that game, I'm like, you know what, this one looks like it might have some real juice to it. Yeah, I'm hopeful, and I bet they want to take their time because they're going to make a massive game and set up a whole new franchise. So yeah, they won't be rushing this, and so certainly not next year. I guess late twenty twenty seven is possible, but even that, I'm with you, twenty twenty eight feels like the most likely year it comes out.
Speaker 2: We're going to release the Last of Us one more time.
Speaker 1: Before one four time, four time. Yeah, probably more than two or three more times. Let's go all right, that does it for the headlines. Let's go ahead and get to the poll question for Monday. I have that over here. I'm gonna bring it up there. We go over here on posts, I'm going to refresh to make sure I have the most recent poll results. What do you want from the Hollow Night devs after the Silk Song DLC? Do you want Hollow Night three or something new? I went with something new, as did eighty seven percent of respondents and Soda Jan right there, Hollow Night three is thirteen percent. I mean that just sounds right were because we're getting DLC still for Silk Song, So in this moment, it's like we already are getting more Hollownight and that game does feel like Silksong already feels like they did it all. They did all the things you can do with this, Like what more could you possibly ask for? That feels like a franchise that can cool off for quite some time, and if they want to come back to it fifteen years from now, that would be fine. They don't need to do it anytime soon, though, How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get away from holiday, Let's yeah, move on, it's fine. We could do something new.
Speaker 1: Spread our wings, spread our wings and fly all right. We will have a new pool question here in a second before we do that, though, Jessefa Telly, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure, thank you very much. I'm Jesse, if I tell you can find me on the internet at Mama Vitelli pretty much anywhere, or just my name Jesse Vittelly. You find all my work at restart dot run. I help run all the social channels there. So if you are on Instagram, TikTok, blue Sky, Twitter, Facebook, whatever, Pinterest. We have a Pinterest. It's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: We put out.
Speaker 2: I think we put out some really really great stuff and I'm very happy with all the stuff that the team's been working on. So restart dot run is the website where you can find all of my work and all of my wonderful coworkers. We put a lot of we put a lot of heart into it, and you know, we just want to connect with y'all. As for me, like I said, youn find me Jesse Vitelly anywhere on the internet. I want to thank you for having me. I always love to chop it up with y'all. It's a good time and I I hope everyone enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, always of having you on. I loved seeing you in New York. I've been thinking about Margaritaville ever since you explained it to me, we.
Speaker 2: Have to go.
Speaker 1: I think we have to go, and it's like, uh, there was a reason. We'll probably be back that way sometime soon. And it's just like, I don't We're not gonna be able to make it happen, and it's gonna physically pain me if we're going to be that close and can't make it happen. So yeah, I don't know. Maybe I should try to show up a little bit early and I could just go there by myself and really show everyone how it's done. Yeah, one of these days, though, we will certainly do the Margaritaville New York City pub crawl from bar to bar on each floor. And thank you to Jesse Vitelli for teaching us the way. Okay, let's see here, new poll question I have that over here. Uh do you play PC games off of a hard drive instead of an SSD? Yes? No? Or I do not play PC games? Those are your options. We'll get the results talk about it on Game Mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb, today's a little funky. We were because the site is frozen and we have the new site happening we're like all getting up to speed on the way new stuff works. So we're gonna be spending some time today doing that. We were me and Dan We're maybe talking about doing a Delight club, but I'm not sure if we're actually gonna be able to pull that off now. So I'm gonna go and and we're gonna have a little power and figure out, Hey, can we make that happen, And then we'll let you all know what's happening for the rest of the day. But expect a voicemail dump truck tomorrow. Upf will happen on Friday, Jim. But we're doing city trials, right, Yeah, we're doing a Kerby Yes, Kirby air Riders city trials, So we'll open up a room and maybe try to get a bunch of people in there hanging out with us. Just so you play any Kirby air Riders.
Speaker 2: I have not had a chance to play the full release. I got to preview it a couple of times and I had a good time, but haven't haven't had the opportunity. Now that Octopad's out of the way, though, free I can play whatever I want.
Speaker 1: Someone else you dropping a new one hundred RPG on you, just like right there. Release. Yeah. So, Kurber Writers is one of those games. The more I play it, the more I'm like, I just can't help but appreciate this game and Sakarai and everything he's doing here. It's one of those ones that really grows on you. Okay, So that's the rest of the week. I think with all that out of the way, what I'm gonna do now is say, Jesse, thank you for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. Like I said, I always love when I get to hang out with you and chat just about anything. Margaritaville, video games, whatever, anything.
Speaker 1: The Disney Store even turns out. Yeah, thank you once again. Thank you everybody for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.