Speaker 1: Yea ripped, you need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come runs just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming Man Dix.
Speaker 3: He is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, welcome entering our forty six year radio and we are we are really solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints to make your life a little easier.
Speaker 3: And we have a lot going on here.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna get to the phones, and we're also going to get to a lot of important topics. And I have a guest today. If you're streaming on my wide shot, I have a Tony Joyner. He's with Elite Garage Floors, elitif dot Com. One thing about codings through my life, I went to war about six times through my life with people I've hired and wasted money. Not Tony, but Tony. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's the relatively low cost of materials and entry into the business relatively low compared to a lot of businesses that attracts people who say, Hey, I can make some money here. I'm going to go into the business. But God, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: They just don't get it. What is it so hard about it?
Speaker 1: I mean that the codings fail, they chip, they peel, they bubble, they I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think the joke is. It's not the joke. The reality is it's ninety percent prep.
Speaker 4: That is prep.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, sir, that is correct, really right.
Speaker 5: If you don't have the right equipment, then I'm going to peel up.
Speaker 1: You have to make it. If you were and clean and etched and everything ready to go, then you can code it now. Obviously ninety percent prepp ten percent application.
Speaker 3: You don't want to app You don't want to apply it like an idiot.
Speaker 1: But the truth is if you prep it properly, even if you apply it and it's not most attractive, at least it'll stick.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not that that's what you want. So anyway, So we're going to talk to you throughout the show. And I love having guests from the referral list referral list dot com. And we've known you a long time and I didn't have you when I did one floor. And you're going to fix it. But you also talk to people who had this called this spawling. That's another common thing with concrete, by the way you do cote concrete only?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 6: No, we could do, would would.
Speaker 1: So I was wondering that because I know years ago in my garage, these idiots it's the only thing that's stuck. They did My wood stairs going out to the garage really look good.
Speaker 3: Why does it stick so well to wood.
Speaker 6: Because it asorbs better.
Speaker 5: If you don't prep the concrete, the material won't absorb into it.
Speaker 3: So that's why it peals. Say what is easier to prep?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: And it naturally selts. Yeah, material faster. So in a garage, can you do the baseboards? Then if they have baseboards in the garage, we can cool Now. I've seen some people where they put up a two bi or a one x six or something around the garage because it one by six looks like crap alone. But when you.
Speaker 3: Coat it with the floor, it looks pretty damn cool. It does, and now.
Speaker 6: Also keeps it off the dry wall.
Speaker 1: Is it hard to do a Cove's cove the right word, the where the floor curves up to the baseboard. You know what I mean by that little curve up? What do you call those? If it's like a reverse bulls or something.
Speaker 6: If it's already built in, we can.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, you don't build that right.
Speaker 5: Because what happened is tom uh there the felt around the garage. Yeah, I noticed that, right to take water from your ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh.
Speaker 5: If you cover that, what happens is the moisture gets under the coating and bubbles.
Speaker 3: Over the time, So then you don't go over the joints.
Speaker 1: Then in the garage, just around the edge black felt.
Speaker 3: Because you want to keep those expansion joints.
Speaker 6: Well, we could.
Speaker 5: Actually cover the expansion joints in the middle of the garage.
Speaker 1: It's just the black felt around the edge, around the edge, because you want that to be able to wick moisture correct and possibly even move a little correct. Good, Okay, Well, thank you, Tony. You know I love when people do a good job. Three oh three, seven to one three talk. I'm going to go to the phone, and of course we'll take your calls, problems, questions, complaints, and right now, Mike, he wants to talk about getting paid. Are you a subcontractor?
Speaker 8: Mike, I guess technically we were hired by them.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, you were hired by Who's model?
Speaker 8: Who were you hired by We're hired by the Colorado Springs equipment technicians.
Speaker 3: And who are they?
Speaker 8: They did a they did a remodel.
Speaker 9: They're friends of they're friends of mine of twenty years.
Speaker 10: Sorry, this is.
Speaker 9: Mattie his wife, and we were looking for work and they're working on a project since April for this famous visual artist.
Speaker 11: George mccurtz.
Speaker 9: And he had an awful experience. His mom's condoo.
Speaker 12: Needs to be remodeled, and they were way past the deadline. So we basically like we can help, we have experience. So they sub contacted us and they promised to pay us. We had multiple texts everything.
Speaker 1: And now did the were the homeowners?
Speaker 13: Was this?
Speaker 1: Was this a homeowners project? What were you guys doing?
Speaker 14: We were doing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was it was it was a remodel that the that the George mccurt guy.
Speaker 1: Was okay to have done any a remodel track and and so you were doing the remodel and your experience at this but what is this Colorado's Springs equipment?
Speaker 3: What is the equipment wants technician? Okay?
Speaker 1: What what now? Why that doesn't sound like a home improvement contractor yeah.
Speaker 8: I know they were way over their heads.
Speaker 9: That's the thing is that they I guess we're friends with this guy, and said, well, we don't know everything, but we'll.
Speaker 1: Try and and was this so the homeowner was happy to get you on board?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, well, oh yeah yeah, George was super happy with Well when we came there was a we made.
Speaker 1: A difference, okay, And did you finish the job?
Speaker 15: We thought we did?
Speaker 8: We were told that the job like several times he said that today is the last day for this job, like the absolute last day, and then we'd get a call from them like the next day of needing our help to go back in there and try and fix some of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, did you work with the homeowner or with the Colorado Springs Equipment technicians the Carra.
Speaker 8: Springs equipment technicians, But the homeowner was in there every single day at least once inspectrum.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, fine, so let's get right to it. You did the job. How much do they owe you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, we made an invoice for seventy five dollars and that that was a modest conservative, you know price, but they stills.
Speaker 1: Nine four dollars okay, so they paid everything, but nine hundred, Yes, okay, so what's the hang on.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a large chunk.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: We we dedicate a lot of I mean, what's the hang.
Speaker 1: Up with them? Why aren't they paying you? Oh?
Speaker 8: Exactly, We don't know exactly because the owner seems to not still be happy.
Speaker 9: The owner is still They keeps giving us the run around, saying, well.
Speaker 3: You mean the homeowner or the owner of the company. The homeowner.
Speaker 9: The homeowner is, according to the owner of the company, is keeping him doing things.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, basically, but that has listen.
Speaker 3: That has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 1: Here, here's the way it works.
Speaker 3: Here's here's the way it works. You didn't have the contractor with the homeowner.
Speaker 1: If you're going to do exactly what you're told and you get the job done, it's not your problem. If Colorado Springs Equipment technicians can't make the homeowner happy, that's not your problem. As long as you did work. As long as you did work for these technicians. These technicians owe you the money. It's that simple. I don't understand how they don't owe you the money. They owe you the money, So why they're not paying you? I have no idea. Now I'm hoping it hasn't been more than four months since you ended the job, because you can or the last you're on because you can put a lien on this house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my wife's mom did some work over there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not just us, it's my mom.
Speaker 1: And well I know, but I'm here's what I'm asking. If you're two separate people are the same company. When you say your mom, Mike and Maddie, here's the bottom line.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you were on the decite doing work?
Speaker 8: On August seventeen?
Speaker 16: Oh okay, So.
Speaker 1: So why don't you put a lien on the house. Why don't you just lean the house?
Speaker 9: That's what my mom is wanting to do. She's like super smart and she's the one that got me into all this, and.
Speaker 12: She said we you know, bread the labor laws, and also that she could we could put a lien on the house.
Speaker 1: Doesn't easily put easily put a lien on the house.
Speaker 15: I don't know how to go about doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, do that? Okay, And well there's another and and you can go to small claims court too, But that's what I would do first. I would go and and that Unfortunately, you know, having an attorney do it, I say, unfortunately, it's not unfortunate.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do it the right way.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure they can. I think they can add their attorney's fees to it. Uh, but I would put a lien on the house. And when I say that, what you can do is look it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not that difficult.
Speaker 1: I'm looking it up right now to get a very basic step by step Tony, did you ever have to put a lien on a house for anything? Tony over at the elite I have, Tom What are the steps that you went through or did you just have an attorney do it?
Speaker 6: I had an attorney because it was over one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Okay now, and by the way, you don't even get paid till it's done. That's why you run a risk. Now, here's what it is. Here's what it says. You got to be within the statue of limitations.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: Then you file a lawsuit, which could be small claims court. It's critical to establish. So then you take the court papers and it says, oh, okay, you don't have to have you don't have to have the court.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. That's if you want to get a judgment.
Speaker 1: In addition to this, you can do a lien by simply you give a notice. And now I'm not goaling on. So you give a notice, right, if they don't pay, then you file a lien. It's that simple. Now you have to perfect the lien, which in a which within a certain amount of time. Perfecting a lean means you start foreclosure literally no, no, that means you bring them to court.
Speaker 17: Tom well, you win in court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you start foreclosure or they pay you.
Speaker 3: So here's the deal. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Like I said, an attorney can do it. And from everything I'm reading, I think an attorney can add their fees beam. So after the after the warning. So if you do a warning and they make you file a lien and all that, they will be responsible for attorney's fees.
Speaker 3: You got to warn them first.
Speaker 1: Okay, So just just google it, okay, or go on and because there's notice, it's called a notice actually not a warning, but it's a notice required okay, and then you good. Now, if you have any other questions, calls, but that is really going to be your fastest solution. And then Mark said, after you do the lien to get paid you go to court and then you can start a foreclosure three zero three seven one three talk seven or three two five five Elite garage floors, as I said, they they they're at risk, just like you know, an Excel roofing would be at risk because they don't get paid a cent Excel until you're content. And then Tony here elite, he he doesn't require that. And a lot of these clowns in the in the floor business if they take money up front, or concrete business or any kind of business.
Speaker 3: They take off your screwed Tony.
Speaker 1: Were you successful on that big lean We were a commercial building. Yeah, good, good good, all right. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show and waterpros dot net the best water systems anywhere at the lowest prices. And right now a screaming deal through labor day only, so this week now you don't have to have it done before labor day.
Speaker 3: You have to book it.
Speaker 1: It's thirty one ninety five complete softening and pure ocasion. Normally those two systems run over four grand. This is a screaming deal. Three oh three eight six y two five five five four Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now it's hard to read. It is hard to read email headers. Years ago, I remember that Mark was really good at it. The reason I bring this up is I sent him a gag email one time and he knew right away it was for me. And I didn't know at the time how he could figure that out. But and this was back in the day. You know, email is relatively new and headers have gotten more complicated. But there is one going around right now. It's so obvious, but it says it's from Infinity, and it says to change a payment to avoid service interruption. Then it says change payment method. You click it says change a payment. When you click that, you're brought to another link which is not Century, not Exfinity. And by the way, so in this email header it's pretty obvious, I mean literally goes to a guy named Anthony okay At and then it's a it's a skincare company in India.
Speaker 3: I mean, so be really careful.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you can read headers in any email if you know how, but you just have to be careful when you get any kind of a email right now and have to click a link. For example, there's a new not a new email scheme, but mark what would you say, two or three years where they go into somebody who owes money legitimately owes money to a vendor. They pretend they're the vendor, saying you can pay us online. For some reason, they know exactly how much this company owes their vendor. It would be like Tony if you had a supplier.
Speaker 3: At Elite garage floors.
Speaker 1: You had a supplier, right and you owed them let's say twelve grand, okay, and all of a sudden you get an email from the supplier and the supplier says, click here to pay. So you go and pay, right, But that that was an email hack and it wasn't your supplier. Somebody hacked your supplier's email, right, so they go to you.
Speaker 3: You pay the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Your supplier calls and says, where's the payment for twelve grand? You said, well, I got an email from you. Who's responsible for that? If somebody hacked their email is are they responsible?
Speaker 18: And now in that case, in fact, that was a particular one. In that case because the company got hacked and it was their fault. They got hacked, it was their issue. Remember that was a car dealer.
Speaker 1: Yep. Then we had where my friend an advertising agency, listen to this. He was owed seventy two thousand and somebody hacked his email. So that's what we're talking about, Mark Gott, not this particular guy. But and then so somebody paid. So when he went to his big client, they said, we paid you. And because his email was hacked, he took responsibility. Now, if your email, Tony was hacked and they found out what you owed and just played with you there and it was isn't your supplier, it could be your problem. Mean you may have to pay your supplier. Again, I'm using Tony as an example here, but it's a terrible thing. And this expendity thing is the latest thing. Do not It's not for a lot of money, but it's still something.
Speaker 3: So do not fall for that crack.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to the phones, and we're going to go to Glenn.
Speaker 3: Glenn. What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Glenn?
Speaker 15: Oh? Okay, So I don't know where to start.
Speaker 4: I'll have to go.
Speaker 7: I spent a little over a month ago. You know, I just noticed that my brakes they didn't go all the way to the floor for a moment, but usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what vehicle or what vehicle are we talking about?
Speaker 7: Two thousand and eight, Toyota, Tacoma.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So what happened then?
Speaker 7: Okay, so that I kind of ignored it because it.
Speaker 15: Was like maybe it was just.
Speaker 16: The air bubble, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then I had a doctor's appointment and I went to pick up the prescription, that's what it was, and I had a similar problem. This is like about thirty forty days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure, so yeah, you figured you should get you figured you should get it checked out exactly. So you went to is this where the claint breaks plus.
Speaker 7: Yes, South Federal. I was back on August third.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what did they do right or wrong?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 7: So they took it in and you know they do the free check. Yeah, and so I called later that afternoon to see if it was going to be ready because they thought it would be, and they said, yeah, it's ready.
Speaker 3: Now hold on, it was a free check.
Speaker 1: But did you authorize repairs?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. How much were the repairs authorized for?
Speaker 7: They weren't going to charge me anything.
Speaker 3: Wait, they were going to repair your brakes free?
Speaker 7: Well, they just said it was the guy that worked on it said it just looked like it was the break.
Speaker 15: Booster check valve.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, all right, So I said, well that's cool, and they said, we're not even going to charge.
Speaker 9: It for that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then what happened?
Speaker 7: Okay? So I went in pick up the truck. I was backing out breaks went all the way to the floor. I almost backed into it another car and they're, oh, so then what? So I gingerly drove my car back by the front door and I parked it and I went in and I told him, I said, hey, guys, I have no breaks now. So absolutely none, and then they were they admitted there was some confusion.
Speaker 15: Okay, fine, so.
Speaker 3: What did it turn out to be.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to get to that. It gets worse. So the guy that was working on it was waiting for this check valve and after about a week.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, you mean he never did He never did change the check valve as he thought as you thought he did. That's right, Okay, so it could have. So they just made a mistake that they thought they had put the check valve in and they didn't.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there was just a miscommunication.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no harm, no foul.
Speaker 1: They didn't charge you, except you could have gotten in an accident, but you didn't.
Speaker 3: So where are we going with the story then?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, So then they couldn't find anybody that had the right part. There are a lot of different checkvalves. So I got online and I found it on Parts Geek, the exact one. Uh so we got that going again, and I guess they put the check velve in and it didn't change anything.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 7: So now we're going into week two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm hoping we don't have too many more weeks left because I only have a four hour show.
Speaker 15: Okay, So anyway, I'll try to make this freak.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 7: The next thing that happened was every time I called to see what.
Speaker 15: They were doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had just kind of checked.
Speaker 1: It out and then put you you delivered you actually delivered the part to them?
Speaker 7: No, I had them called parts geek and then they got the right part.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 7: So in the beginning I told them from.
Speaker 3: My previ so did they get the part in?
Speaker 1: Finally, I just need to know that yes they did? And did they and did hold on? Just help me out here? Did they install it?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Said they did okay, and didn't solve the problem.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So where are we now?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 7: When I took it there, I told him, you know my experience, I had Toyota before, and at one hundred and fifty thousand miles my Master's cylinder we want and that's what I came here for you to check out exactly. All right, So now we got to the master cylinder thing. But what they did was this guy had screwed up so bad, I guess. And week two they told me they let him go. Oh it's sad, and.
Speaker 3: So where are we? Where do we stand?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 3: Now, what do you need for help?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 7: So now that last week they said they replaced everything, they replaced.
Speaker 3: How much did that charge you?
Speaker 7: They were talking seven fifty?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you pay it?
Speaker 17: No, this is a little brutal. I mean, where does it like that?
Speaker 1: Well? No, no, no, my YouTube mores don't like when I interrupt. Okay, I'm just curious what be though? What Mark said is true? Like for example, and I don't mind you telling me the story, by the way, and and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd rather find out the end result and work backwards.
Speaker 3: So what what are you calling about today?
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like it's pretty frustrating. You spent seven fifty here's what I need to know for the seven hundred and fifty bucks did you get Did it get fixed?
Speaker 7: That's not fixed yet? They replaced everything?
Speaker 1: Well, how the hell they can now? I mean, certainly it ain't magic, right, Hold on a second, hold on, and by the way, so it's still not fix. Do you mind if we get an expert on the air just to help for the hell of it, I'd like to ask them what they think. So hold on, I'm Tom Martino. We're gonna come back. Basically, this guy's frustrated. Okay, you know at first they were going to do him a solid, right, then they charge him seven point fifty still not working. What the hell's going on when when he says they replaced everything, I don't understand. Mark. You've been in breaks business along with everything else, breaks tires and all that stuff. Why would everything be replaced not fixed? Is this something stupid like bleeding it? I want to ask Kevin Colkin, or we can call our buddy in the springs. All of that coming up. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three Talk three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. So what happened then, Glenn, let's talk about it?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, uh, it didn't solve the problem.
Speaker 3: You spent seven point fifty. Where does it stand now?
Speaker 15: I didn't anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they said seven fifty and then they said what could they agree on once to get it fixed? And I said, how about it around four to fifty because I figure, you know, after I'll said that I've been going to these guys for ten years.
Speaker 1: So they replaced every everything and it's still not working.
Speaker 15: Yes, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, do we have our expert on? Do we have did we get anybody?
Speaker 19: I'm working?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead. And so they replaced everything, and and I mean, I just don't understand. Could it be something simple as simple as they're not bleeding it properly?
Speaker 15: Well, that's what I said.
Speaker 7: I said, how about you know there's a couple of new metal tubes on there, or any of them crimped?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 7: Because the brake fluid was really nasty?
Speaker 1: But they replaced everything. So if they replace everything on I'm assuming when you say everything, you mean the master cylinder and you mean the drums or the discs the shoes or whatever, Right, all.
Speaker 7: The shoes and everything at fine. Okay.
Speaker 15: So they replaced the.
Speaker 7: Break booster and the master cylinder okay, and they still okay, so they can't get it to work.
Speaker 3: Mark, what do you think it is?
Speaker 17: I don't know. I'm lost in the story, honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna wait till we can get an expert to weigh in on it because at this point, at this point.
Speaker 18: There's not much left of the brake system. Have hydraulics at least?
Speaker 1: Who do you have? Griffin from Colorado Springs and Griffin thanks for being here man. So basically, this guy has a Toyota Tacoma in two thousand and eight, and his first symptom was the brakes were going almost to the floor, and they said it was a valve and they were going to replace it free of charge, the check valve. So that didn't work. So then they replaced the booster and master cylinder and they still can't get it to work.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you have any gut feelings?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I guess I would just start with the basics, and you'd want to go ahead and make sure that you had that master cylinder bench bled first to make sure that you don't have any air in the system.
Speaker 1: Now why bench bled, Why when it's new, is that is bleeding it on the bench head start.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you're guaranteeing that you've got all the air out of the system. And so when you bleed it on the bench, you can eliminate that source of air right from the beginning, and.
Speaker 3: Then you install it.
Speaker 1: But you still have to even after bench bleeding the master cylinder, you still have to get air out of the system right.
Speaker 20: Right, and then you'll go through the entire system and believe the rest of the system. Okay, you got to gar Yeah, you got to bleed it all out first. Remember, kiss and keep it simple, stupid, Let's get all the air out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got to be something that simple.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they replace the parts, like I said, is not magic.
Speaker 7: They never mentioned the bitch Ben's bleed and they've got rookies working on the stuff.
Speaker 15: I can tell.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bleeding problem, That's what I think. I think there's air in the system. What's the symptom? Right now?
Speaker 3: Glenn is still going to the floor.
Speaker 15: Or what that's what he said about nine. That's what they said.
Speaker 11: There were.
Speaker 3: Griffin.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it sound like that to you?
Speaker 20: You got to you gotta just start with the simple stuff, get it led out properly, and then and then go from there. It's okay, what I'm putting on a free a free break clinic, you know, this afternoon. If they want to come by, I'll teach him how to bleed break.
Speaker 1: Now, hold on a second, Glenn, Really, if they can't get this thing done, you got to tell them.
Speaker 3: I mean, they they have to bring Really, they.
Speaker 1: Have to do something about this.
Speaker 3: If you paid for those parts already, no.
Speaker 15: I have not paid for him yet because no.
Speaker 1: I mean, man, if you're charged for it, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, so they agreed to reduce it to four point fifty and you know, I just expected to give my truck and it hasn't happened. The only good thing they've been doing is my wife and I are disabled and I've had five doctors appointments. They've been calling lifts for me for it going.
Speaker 3: That's nice. That's that's nice.
Speaker 1: That is nice. Yeah, okay, you know, but you would think a place called breaks Plus would know how to bleed breaks, but.
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything else that could be.
Speaker 1: By the way, Griffin ash Action Automotive, Colorado Springs, Thank you so much, Glenn. Just see if they'll at least admit they need to bleed it and see and then call us back. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have a bad concrete job. And you know what's funny is Tony usually does elite rush where's you usually do the finishing touches on concrete, But lately you've been doing a lot of repair work for concrete, Tony.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 1: And you have a coating that you said will adhere to the concrete. Once you get the loose.
Speaker 5: Crap off, right, we grind it to make it, ye spaulding away, and we just coat over it.
Speaker 1: Now what you coat over it with? You're not just talking to your color coat.
Speaker 3: But you have.
Speaker 1: Something that evens it out that you can grind down, right, and what is that?
Speaker 3: Is that the polyaspartic or not?
Speaker 6: It's that your thing, okay?
Speaker 3: And it really does adhere to concrete?
Speaker 6: Oh yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? And then then you.
Speaker 3: Put your decorative finish over that. Correct?
Speaker 1: All right, We're going to talk to you, Pam about your concrete. I don't know if that's your problem or not, but whatever it is, we're going to talk to you. And more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Wait on top of it.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk Elite Garage floors by the way, three oh three nine three nine two four four eight. Somebody asked about that? Sorry, now, Pam, your bad concrete job? How bad is it?
Speaker 3: What is it? What's going on?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 11: So if.
Speaker 10: Actually initially laid down concrete and it's really a beautiful job, okay, okay, So what happened is that we're trying to get the our trailer, our car trailer back into our backyard. So it had to be the concrete had to be at a certain distance.
Speaker 3: From our roof.
Speaker 10: Rights the tyler isn't going to fit under the room. Oh so so what they did They poured it's all beautiful, blah blah blah. And guess what, they didn't measure it right, and so the trailer still, the trailer still will not go in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a minute, they didn't measure it right. What does that mean? Or you didn't measure right? Meaning if you told them to put a slab down, right, and they put a slab.
Speaker 3: Down, did you tell them?
Speaker 1: But it has to be very thin to fit or like in other words, I'm not sure it's their problem or is it.
Speaker 10: Problem I had. I had a main contractor work with this, okay, and he the Seeneic guy's like a subcontractor of main contractor. And I was with these guys when they were talking, and we explained him. They had the tape measures out and everything, and they knew what had to be done, how low it had to be. Everything the stuff was. The actual ground is dug out, Okay, okay, have her.
Speaker 3: Hold on for a sec. Just tell her what happened.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip, you don't have.
Speaker 3: Run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. I'm with TJ from Elite Garage Floors and we'll talk about that coming up. Also, I want to remind you that eight eight eight Heating dot Com is doing a full out, full court press on checking your ac end furnace, both with honest opinions free second opinions too, going into this shoulder season between fall and winter. That's eight eight eight heating dot com, honesty, integrity and good people three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. So Pam was telling us about a bad concrete jup. But this is what's weird. It's a great concrete jup, but it's too thick because she can't put her trailer in under the car under the roof. Hey, Pam, I need to ask a few stupid questions. They're stupid for me because I don't know. I don't have a complete picture here. So was this a car port by the way before you had this done?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Well, what was this roof? How what was the roof for over dirt? What was or over lawn? Or what was this dirt? This suck? Excuse me?
Speaker 10: The roof, Well, it's just a roof to our house.
Speaker 3: But it's a roof to your house.
Speaker 1: But but is it just the eve that sticks out over that or was it? Okay? Got it?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 1: So you were you weren't creating covered parking. You just were going to put Okay, you were going to put your RV on the side of the house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just think of it like we're trying to sly the trailer back there.
Speaker 1: I got you I got you, completely got you. And this is what's really important. If if I went to a guy and said, hey, could you could.
Speaker 3: You pour a slab? I want to store my trailer over here?
Speaker 1: And that would be kind of on me to know if I could fit it there, but kind of if I it's.
Speaker 3: Really weird, it could be them.
Speaker 1: If you said I need to put my trailer here, could you poor a slab? Tony. I want to ask you straight up, if somebody asked you to poor a slab over there, and I want to store my trailer here, would you ask them how high.
Speaker 3: Is your trailer? To know what to do? I mean, what do you think?
Speaker 1: It's kind of not fair in hindsight asking people because they can always say what they would have done. But I believe I trust you. He's with by the way, he's with the Leak Garage Lwers. He doesn't do slabs, but he's familiar with him. What would you have done?
Speaker 6: I would have asked any questions at all?
Speaker 3: You wouldn't You would just put the slab down.
Speaker 6: Because that's what they're asking for, or not unless they.
Speaker 1: Said, but what if they said, I need to store my trailer here and it's got to fit under that. Now, if they said that, that would have been a different story. Did you indicate, Pam in any way that hey, it's got to be able to fit under that.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, they measured the track.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a whole new story.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, they.
Speaker 10: Measured the trailer. They measured the distance between the eve and the ground, and they knew what they had to do. What that happened is they poured too much cement.
Speaker 1: How thick is the slab?
Speaker 10: Well, as you know, cement poors, it's only supposed to be four inches.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it could be six, but normally it's four for a little slab like that.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, poor, So it's so well it has to be six inches because it should have only been four and that would have made the trailer being able to be able to be put to go.
Speaker 1: But okay, let me, I'm not I didn't understand anything you said. Is it four inches or is it six inches?
Speaker 10: Six inches? That's why it's too high.
Speaker 1: They put sick or they and if they say it had to be sick, they could have dug it down further. So if you told them it had to fit under there, and they measured it, for goodness, sakes, So what do they say they're going to do about it?
Speaker 10: Nothing. They said they're not going to do anything about it. They just said that. Yeah, they well initially, so initially they were going to do something. But he kept putting it off, putting me off, have all these excuses. Oh my skid broke down. Oh it's going to rain that day. Oh I'm in another job.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so how many inches when you when you pull your trailer up?
Speaker 3: How many inches over that eve?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 10: It's it hits right smack on it. So it needs the cement needs to be two inches forwer than it is, and it would have been perfect. It would have been perfect. Yeah, and he so he overpoured and he knew and the grounds already dugged out at the right height. Grounds dug out.
Speaker 1: The grounds pour the grounds is about four inches poured right? Well were the forms how how high were the forms? Do you know?
Speaker 10: Well? The farms were they had existing well their next existing concrete because the sun box and stuff. So it's a little complicated in that responct. Okay, the forms where I had to be more than four inches because well, because you know, it's hard.
Speaker 4: To explain, but you know, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying. That sucks man. Did you pay for this job already?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 10: Anyway, this is a deal. This is kind of why I called yeah that. I mean, I think I worked it out, I think, but who knows? I paid thirty one to like the pre fee or whatever, and it was going to pay more after he got it done and quid have fixed and he he said he didn't do it right. But so yeah, I'm out thirty one dollars and he hasn't fixed it.
Speaker 1: Is he going to do you owe another thirty one? Or is how much do you owe if it was a good job? How much would you have owed?
Speaker 10: So if it was a good job? Vote anything?
Speaker 1: But wait, wait, so thirty one you paid in full? At thirty one hundred?
Speaker 3: Are we having phone problems or is it me? Help me out here?
Speaker 1: I need to know is did you pay for the job in full?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: How much is owed? If you paid him? How much would be owed.
Speaker 10: If it was done right? One thousand and fifty?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So is he proposing anything? You said you may have it worked out? Like, what is what is the solution?
Speaker 10: So I don't have a solution. That's why I was calling to say, you know, what do you what's the steps you take so and whether I did the right thing or not. I've never had to deal with this.
Speaker 1: Right I know, and you know what, Pam, we've never dealt with this particular thing either.
Speaker 3: Specifically.
Speaker 1: However, it could be just a breach of contract where you didn't get what you paid for and you simply need to have you need to sue them for damages technically if they truly, but I hope on your invoice or on your contract it says something about the trailer, because this guy could simply this guy could simply say I poured a beautiful slab, and you'd have to show where it wasn't according to contract. Even though I believe you you have he what's going to prevent him from saying, Pam, you paid for you know, I poured a slab.
Speaker 3: What will prevent him from saying that, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 10: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: It is right because if you suit him in small claims court. Let's say, let's say it's going to cost you two thousand to pull it out and another you know, four thousand to put it back. In So let's just say it's under small claims court seven grand maybe for everything to correct it. What's going to prevent him in court saying, well, your honor, I did. Here's here's what it says slab. I did a slab.
Speaker 3: Does the contract say four inch slab?
Speaker 10: The contract says that he is going It says on the contract he's going to remove three sections of the concrete and he's going to break it up, remove it, and then report it. It's what it says on the contract that he's going to break up these three sections.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: So there was old concrete there, There was old concrete.
Speaker 10: There was Yeah, there was concrete already there. He was gonna he was gonna.
Speaker 21: Okay, that's what.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't specify at all the elevation or the thickness.
Speaker 10: It's well, it talks about the four inch thickness.
Speaker 1: I believe if it does hold on that, that's important. It does talk about four inch thickness.
Speaker 10: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And you got six inches instead? Yeah, okay, that could be something where where that could be a breach of contract. That and and you you had it written down for a specific reason. What is he saying is he saying you should live with it. What is he saying?
Speaker 10: All he's saying is he's saying it's avoiding what he's saying, all these excuses.
Speaker 3: I cat it all right, We're.
Speaker 1: Gonna call him, you know what, hold on, I think we should handle this for you, at least get some Hey, deputy doc, why don't we call this guy and see what he says. Okay, let's I think docs in there is some I'll call him right now.
Speaker 15: Talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's call him. Hold on a sec, PAM, and let's figure out what the hell's going on, because it's hard to figure out. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five renew Home Innovations Beautiful showers. Beautiful showers that are converted from your tub shower combination, that old ugly tub, Get rid of it, Get rid of those old ugly doors and shower curtains. You can get a beautiful new renew home Innovations dot Com shower rectangle custom made and they can do it in two or three days and get this seventy two months to pay no interest. Renew home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent till you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, So what we have here is we have a situation with the UH concrete and I'm not sure what to do about it.
Speaker 3: But what would you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a really hard one, especially if they said we're going to remove and replace concrete.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering how.
Speaker 1: Difficult it would be to raise the eaves a little or maybe I know that sounds crazy, but who knows it. I don't know if it's an open eve or if it's closed sofet and facia or whatever. Jim, your turn. What's going on with you, Jim? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hello Tom, I need some advice. We've moved from a Roarer, Colorado to Morgantown, West Virginia recently. We're using North American fan lines to do the move. We had a range or delivery between eight seventeen eight twenty four, and wow, the materials have not moved out of their original location when they took them from our house. I know, just because we had an Apple tag placed in some of the odds.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, right now, they were supposed to go to your house and pick stuff up and have it delivered between the seventeenth and twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Obviously that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: You say your stuff is still at your original home.
Speaker 11: No, it's not at the home. It's at the murder's location.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you're in West Virginia.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Now you said you used a North American agent.
Speaker 11: Yeah, who is it? North American band Lines? This would be and what they do? How this this is actually out of out of longlant. It would be STS Relocation.
Speaker 1: Well hold on, no, wait wait wait wait wait wait STS is called STS Relocation Services.
Speaker 11: M H and they I guess are they subcontracting for North American moves?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no no no no no no no no. Sorry, here you got roped into. You got roped into a bad situation. Sir, You're not working with North American. You're work with an agent, an independent contractor who took your money and probably is selling the contract. I don't see them listed as a North American agent. Are they a North American agent or not?
Speaker 11: I would say based off what I see here that they are not. Then, even though on the document itself.
Speaker 15: It's showing North American movie Services.
Speaker 1: Now, now, by the way, this should really give you pause.
Speaker 3: Are they out of Longman?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, this should really give you pause. They have a five star rating with the Better Business Bureau, which, by the way.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, is a sure sign.
Speaker 1: That they're bad because because most of the time they the Better Business Bureau has no clue. Okay, but I'm telling you that STS Location Relocation Services. They're not even a mover a they're a broker. They're a broker, so you really aren't dealing with a mover. So here's what they usually do. They take money up front. They don't move your stuff. They sell your contract to someone else, so you don't know who you're doing business with. Now. They may have told you we'll sell it to a North American agent, which is fine, but they're not a North American agent. Then once that happens, then you're at the mercy of whoever they sell the contract to. So right now, what situation are you in?
Speaker 11: Right now, I'm here with very very little furniture sitting in the age.
Speaker 1: No, no, I want to know what do they say? What do they say? Well, when are they going to get your stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: Where are they going to get the stuff? That's just tick? They keep putting me off on it. Every time I talk to the dispatcher, it's always an issue. Well, I haven't heard from this driver or from that driver. And then the last time I did speak to them over the weekend, they were indicating we would get the sure by midweek this week.
Speaker 6: Well, the furniture.
Speaker 11: Hasn't even moved, and quite frankly, right now I can't even get hold of the dispatcher to discuss it now.
Speaker 1: From what I can see on these reviews, who knows if they're real or not. They have really good reviews, okay, but the only place they are listed online. Do they even have a website?
Speaker 11: They have one listed on here?
Speaker 1: What is it would be?
Speaker 3: Because I can't find them?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 11: Okay, it's general at STS relocation dot com.
Speaker 1: Is it it's STS Relocation dot com? Yes, yes, okay, hold on stslo Okay, I just found him three O three seven seven six eighty five nine.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: They do say North American Moving Services on their website, and they have North Americans, so they may be a North American agent. Let's see, hold on in Longmont and there's a Joe at STS Relocation. We should call Joe and see what the hell's going on, you know, hold on about them. Let's see, the Relocation Services has been in here since ninety three and they haven't even moved yourself. You have a contract with a delivery date, and they haven't even touched yourself. I mean, they haven't even moved your stuff except to their content their place.
Speaker 11: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they might be they might be a North American agent, which would help us. But we keep saying about Joe, so I want to uh, I want to find out about them. So I'm going to put in my email and stuff. But I want somebody to call them, Katchina, I want to call them.
Speaker 3: They have a number.
Speaker 1: Listed here three H three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. So I want to call him right now. Three O three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. Let's see how good they really are. Okay, Uh, this doesn't sound good to me. So they're ghosting you right now? Is that the case?
Speaker 11: Pretty much the case? I mean, you get him on the phone every now and then and they give no answers, and I promise to call back, and they ever return to call.
Speaker 1: Okay again, A couple of red flags come up for me, and that is the Better Business Bureau has them listed as good, and they have people in prison for fraud listed as good. And then there's a bunch of reviews and not one bad one, not one. There's there's just some red flags for me. Hold on and we'll talk about it. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five one. Clear choice garage doors for RAJ door service second to none. They are factory authorized for most garage doors or for the key ones, the best ones, and they do complete lines of service. You don't find that in these other guys working out of an SUV. One Clear Choice Stores the only company I would have at my home one Clear Choice Doores dot com seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven Openers and Doors. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, Oh my god, I'm gonna tell you something. This is what's amazing to me. Listen to this so about this moving company.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: I want to bring up.
Speaker 3: Jim Jim So.
Speaker 1: The Better Business Bureau still the worst organization that has ever devolved. They used to be of course of service. They are just a scam. The Better Business Bureau sucks. I just can't believe the reason they suck so much is because they purport themselves as being high and mighty Better Business Bureau helping people, and they suck. They give people great ratings that should be.
Speaker 3: Or are in jail.
Speaker 1: Now STS Relocation has a five out of five rating with the Better Business Bureau has great reviews. They've been in business for one year. One year, not one bad review. But they're an offshoot of a previous company called Seevers Now Severs has one star review, one star. Severs Transfer and Storage is in is in Colorado, up the same location, same people. They suck and the problem is is that you're not going to find that out if you go to the Better Business Bureau. And they're also delinquent with their filing with the state. I don't care about that that much. But Severs Transfer and Storage now STS. The registered agent is a guy named Joseph Darren Lesher. So in my opinion, these people are not good and I think they change their name to get away from the old and also the Better Business Bureau has him as a start over, you know, as a great company. I don't know, man, I think you got caught up with a bad company.
Speaker 3: How'd you even find him?
Speaker 11: It was going out looking at North American Moving services looking at it. We were actually got three estimates.
Speaker 1: Did you did you go with the cheapest it was? It was?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's of course you did one hundred dollars. What's that it was seventy six hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Did you pay up front?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was paid up front. I do have another question though there and okay, this is not a good situation obviously. What if I went came back to Colorado, got a U haul, went there, request did I get my furniture and brought it back to West Virginia?
Speaker 22: Well, you paid?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they let your stuff out?
Speaker 11: Well they should.
Speaker 3: How much have you paid him so far?
Speaker 11: They well, they contacted my wife and she paid the full amount. They asked for the full amount.
Speaker 1: So they're paid in full for nothing. And Kachina, you called them? What did they say?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 23: I talked to a very nice woman who placed me on hold and then placed me with the dispatcher who is named Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, okay, Jimmy.
Speaker 23: And as soon as I basically remarked that I was calling for jim Bear, he hung up on me.
Speaker 1: Oh wonder why so? People just remember sever's transfer, transfer and storage same as STS that's where they get the new name. They're up in Longmont again. I can't say much good about Longmont, Well County, Greeley. It seems like they have a culture up there that attracts these people. I don't know what it is, but my god, even the government up there's corrupt. I've been fighting this for so long. It's just Weld County, the Welld County corruption. Oh my god. I don't even want to get started on the government. But it's like, hey, you want to screw people come to Welld County. I don't even know, is long Mountain, Weld County, whatever it is. Longmont sucks too. And when it comes to car dealers and businesses and it's just I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, look it.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. They won't come on the air. I wanted to come on the air. I want them to say why they collect it in full promise delivery and still hasn't moved his stuff. That's what I'd like to know. In fact, you should call him asking ask him that question. Just ask him, I mean all we want to know. Don't be vulgar, don't be don't be ridiculous, just say, hey, why is it? Why is it? That you have. You brag about, you know, STS Relocation and this is, by the way, three oh three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. You brag about how great you are, right yet you haven't moved this guy stuff.
Speaker 3: You haven't even moved it.
Speaker 1: Look, you've got a.
Speaker 3: Bad situation here.
Speaker 1: And the guy you're supposed to contact, they want you to they want you to email is Joe at stsrelocation dot com. Now again three oh three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. Another reason why, another reason why the Better Business Bureau should never ever be trusted ever.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that, in my opinion, the.
Speaker 1: Better Business Bureau does more harm than anything. And you know what's really crazy, Channel nine kisses their ass. This new consumer guy on Channel nine supposedly a consumer investigation. He ought to investigate the members that are in jail and the members that have been arrested for fraud and the A plus ratings for the crooked people like these people.
Speaker 3: That's what he ought to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, when it's funny how people go to the Better.
Speaker 3: Business Bureau for experts.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know if anyone at the Better Business Bureau ever talks to consumers.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not talking about their emails.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about talking to people, actually going out in the community and seeing what the problems are.
Speaker 3: I wonder all they do is collect money.
Speaker 1: And give their stupid seal, which means nothing. It is a dinosaur. It is a dinosaur. Right now. What we need is another organization that will take its place and mean something. And I'm telling you it, almost inevitably, when we get terrible.
Speaker 3: Complaints about a company, they are highly.
Speaker 1: Rated by the Better Business Bureau, and no one in the media will ever hold their feet to the fire. No they won't.
Speaker 3: All they're going to do.
Speaker 1: Is just because it's the BBB. You know people here BBB. It must be good to BBB, the Better Business Bureau. I want to know any member who tells me they get anything of.
Speaker 3: Value from the BBB.
Speaker 1: We ought to come up with another name for the for the initials BBB because it ain't Better Business Bureau. Okay, okay, Jim.
Speaker 3: I suggest that you sue.
Speaker 1: Them for breach of contract, but I don't have your contract, so I don't know if it really does guarantee that day or just gives an estimated date. I would also call North American, although I don't. I'm not really sure if they are North American. I really am not sure of that. So call you know, when you call up there, they won't talk to you.
Speaker 11: Right, I bet? I bet now he probably will not take my call.
Speaker 1: Well, you said he didn't before, and he didn't take cars either, didn't he hasn't been taking them U And when you say he, when you say he, who have you been dealing with? Joe?
Speaker 11: It's Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jimmy, Jimmy. What a nice name, Jimmy. Why don't you give us a call? Jimmy, you coward three oh three, seven, seven, six, eighty five, twenty nine. Just talk to us, Jimmy. Come on, Jimmy, you're so well rated.
Speaker 3: Call us.
Speaker 1: We will give you free commercials. Tell us how great you are that you have stuff that hasn't moved and it it was supposed to be in West Virginia a week ago or more, Jimmy, or actually the twenty fourth, right was that the leak.
Speaker 11: For that was the last date of the delivery the Rangers from the seventeenth to the twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Do you have any guarantees in that contract at all other than you guarantee to be screwed. I don't know, are there any guarantees?
Speaker 16: Not really, Jimmy, may you know.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm only giving my opinion based on this information.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jimmy, live up to that five rating or whatever the hell the Better Business Bureau gave you.
Speaker 3: Come on, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: By the way, people, if you want Jimmy and STS relocation, call them three oh three, seven seven, six.
Speaker 3: Eighty twenty nine. Now let me get serious with you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be I'm gonna be serious with you. You made a mistake choosing them, okay. And the problem when you make a mistake choosing a mover, they have your stuff and your health hostage. So now you're at their mercy. I'm telling you the truth.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So practically, there really isn't much you can do. There isn't without a great mover, there's not much you can do.
Speaker 3: You're at their mercy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You could sue them and come down on them. You can.
Speaker 1: We can continue to wage war with these people until you get your stuff, and we will. That's all we can do is hope that people respond.
Speaker 11: So it's if I went there, I couldn't get the I don't know.
Speaker 1: Will they will they let you get your stuff?
Speaker 11: Ask them, I don't know, I will ask them that.
Speaker 1: You would think they would at least talk to you. But here is a customer that can't even talk to them, and they have his stuff hostage. So why did they move it from your place to their warehouse.
Speaker 11: While they're the logically there was they would be loading it onto a business truck and sending a beast with other people. Well, furniture, okay, multiple deliveries.
Speaker 1: Remember this people STS STS relocation, STS relocation.
Speaker 3: I would stay away from them.
Speaker 1: See if they'll call them again three oh three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. I would love to see if they'll come on the air, these freaking idiots.
Speaker 3: We got more coming up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'll tell you what BBB never meant, less than built back better both BBB's anyway, let's talk to Randy.
Speaker 3: Randy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Randy?
Speaker 4: Well, after hearing your previous callers talk about his experience with breaks plus I talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the breaks plus one, The breaks plus one really sounds silly. This guy spent a lot of money with them and they can't even figure out how to bleed the breaks properly.
Speaker 3: What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I would like to preface by call by saying it breaks plus plus break?
Speaker 3: Is that his call? Or is at us?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: Tell me what's happening, Shannon.
Speaker 17: I don't think there's a way I can do that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 15: I mean?
Speaker 17: Is it much him with a pillow?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Randy, your call is kind of your call is weak here.
Speaker 3: But so what's going on with Firestone?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not far as far as Stone break plus Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh I had I.
Speaker 4: Had break blush to a break job on a Honda Element and the full time Uber driver driving for eight years. So you know I have to get my break the place frequently.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I took my car and the break plus for a break inspection. Yeah, came back with the price of like fourteen dollars. That was more than I wanted to spend.
Speaker 22: I told them that.
Speaker 4: They started to pressure me into doing other things. That's the car that I didn't.
Speaker 15: Want to do.
Speaker 4: I mean, and they were visibly upset. I didn't want to come have them replaced by breaks.
Speaker 22: I got my car home.
Speaker 4: I've did an oil chaink which I do all the time, and my drain plug was about one corner turn away from following your.
Speaker 19: Help, Wait your oil drain plug.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Hold on, I'm gonna come back to you on this go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Wait time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand The real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two D so you don't have.
Speaker 24: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one.
Speaker 3: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: This hour brought to you by Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com. If you're wondering what your house will sell for, because we're in a state of flux interest rates, supply and demand, you know all kinds of stuff, property taxes, comps for your neighborhood. Frank Durant will go through your entire house, property comps, all of the elements and come up with the price he believes your house will sell for on this market, free of charge. It's a complimentary no pressure to list. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com. Hey, TJ's with me from eat garage floor is a quick question I had texted about garage floors. Somebody wants to know Mad chloride. Will that do anything to your garage floors? TJ? What about it?
Speaker 5: If you don't have a coating else, that's what makes the spalding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but once our your.
Speaker 1: Coatings aren't previous to all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Except for battery acid and break.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: So what does break fluid do?
Speaker 5: It just stains it because okay, but.
Speaker 1: It doesn't eat it up?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 1: What eats it up?
Speaker 3: Battery accid?
Speaker 1: Battery acid? Okay, so somebody else wants to know because they heard me on YouTube talking to you.
Speaker 3: How do you repair bad spots?
Speaker 1: If somebody has a bad job, but only a few say, like even a what do they talk about? Even a blind squirrel or something can find some acorns now and then and and and.
Speaker 3: Even a bad clock is good twice a day.
Speaker 1: So some bad spot, I mean seriously, now I'm serious on a bad coding job.
Speaker 3: There are some people that do it like that.
Speaker 1: There's bad spots, but you know it does it here because it's a good product. So what do you do with bad spots big areas.
Speaker 6: Or kind of just grind it and repair those areas?
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is good about polyspartic. It will take to itself. I mean you can lay it down. Does it blend or not?
Speaker 6: After about six months it blends?
Speaker 1: Hmm, but yes, okay three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. When do you decide that it needs to be completely redone.
Speaker 5: If it's piling up more than like a dollar bill where you could just grab it and just keeps pillingse.
Speaker 1: Okay, what of it? Okay? Okay, three o three seven one three talk. Let's talk to Randy. Uh oh wait wait is this oh wait no, no, this is a this is a Is this a different one or the same one with breaks plus? It's just a different breaks plus problem, Randy.
Speaker 4: Second break?
Speaker 6: Okay, Glenn with breaks plus?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry Glenn. We yeah, yeah, this is a different one. Go ahead, go ahead, Randy, continue your story.
Speaker 4: Well again, you know I taken pot bickless breaks plus. I had a yeah a card.
Speaker 24: They did a.
Speaker 4: Break the pair on, they replaced the pads and orders that white time guarantee. I took it back for the white time guarantee because if they wore out before they should gay visit the chef that I even brought it back in and after they did the breaks by the way, the labor wasn't covered, just the parts.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, So Randy, you you went to breaks plus one time and then went back under the warranty.
Speaker 4: Right then I went back a third time, and that's why I'm called. They replaced the brakes underwater. They were happy about it.
Speaker 11: Tried them.
Speaker 1: And then why did you go back at third time?
Speaker 4: The third time? There was a couple two or three years after that that I went back in to have a break inspection done, just an inspection. They offered that, and I had the break inspection done. They told me I needed new breaks and voters. It was going to be about thirteen hundred dollars. I decided I didn't want to go ahead with the okay, but you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned a lifetime warranty. Do they have a lifetime warranty.
Speaker 4: If you spend them, if you buy their top package. They at the time they guaranteed the pads. They didn't guarantee a labor, so you still have to pay for the labor to have the pads put in the days they guarantee the pads, And.
Speaker 3: Did you have that done?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, But then the second time you went back for the inspection, they said, you need more work done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was to the tune of about thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I told you you decided if you didn't want to do it and again, and this is.
Speaker 4: Why my car is still up on the rack. They they did were not happy. I mean you could tell they were visibly upset.
Speaker 1: Why why are they not happy? That sounds like, well, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they.
Speaker 1: Be happy to have a customer come back and have.
Speaker 4: Work done because I didn't want them to repair my brakes after they did the pre inspection.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got it, Okay, got it, Okay.
Speaker 4: So I got the car back home and I do my own oil changes. And I got underneath the car to do the oil change, and I took my oil plug. He's a torque wrencher, tork it to twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: And you said they had almost backed it out completely.
Speaker 4: It was all it was. It was about a quarter to half a turn from falling out of the pan altogether.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's because they were mad at you?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do, I do.
Speaker 22: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I I would not be upset if I thought it was something that I did. And I've been doing oil changes for all my life, I would never have that would have never happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, did you call them back and tell them that, no.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to no, because they treated me so rudely when I was in there the initial time that I wanted nothing to do with them, and I'll never go back to them ever again. And I'm grateful I have the opportunity to to speak about this on your show.
Speaker 1: Now, did you go back and get a second opinion anywhere?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I ended up going onto YouTube and figured out how to do it myself, and I did it myself. You mean the breaks, it breaks, the pads and the roads. You know it was cost me two hundred dollars for the pads, the pads, the roads in three hours of my time, as opposed to paying thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Randy, it's hard to say.
Speaker 1: I know you're convinced that they backed out your oil plug.
Speaker 3: Do you think I mean that's just to be mean?
Speaker 4: You know, I would hope that this wouldn't happen, but after the way they treated me, the way they high pressured me into doing things I didn't want to do. I had to tell them multiple times I didn't want them to do certain things.
Speaker 1: To my car.
Speaker 4: Yeah they were. They were visibly upset, and that's why I honestly believe that, Yeah, they did do that. Maybe maybe it was a just cruntled mechanic or a service writer. I don't know what it was, but yeah, I do believe they did that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I would never kissed them myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, the other well, no, no, you know, so you want to let people know, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do. Like I said, I think Breaks Plus is a high pressure sales organization that dabbles and breaks, and I think that's all they are.
Speaker 1: I would never get you know, we over the years, Okay, in the beginning, we didn't have many complaints about them, but they've increased over the years, over the last few years. I don't know if what's changed about the company. I really don't know who owns the company anymore. If it's still a family. I forget the family that owned it, I don't forget. I mean I used to know them, PISHETI, yeah, do you think they're still the owners? I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't know, but honestly, we don't get many complaints on them.
Speaker 1: No, but they've increased where we never got any you know, and they're all about this high pressure stuff, is what I'm thinking now. Yeah, I'll tell you where we got a lot of complaints about that went down a lot was Pep Boys. God did we get a lot of complaints about Pep Boys.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it looks like they sold in September. Who did twenty seventeen Pep Boys?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, no breaks?
Speaker 3: Plus Oh okay, all right.
Speaker 4: I also had a pet experience the fire still recently and I uh fire story advertised that you could get your uber vehicle inspected. You have to have that done annually for twenty two dollars. I took my car in to have it inspected. They told me I needed new brakes and new rotors. Okay, but I know how to do the break So I took the car home. I did the rotors. I did rotors and the brakes.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know what, you are what people in the biz call a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Why Why?
Speaker 18: Well, because he goes in to get stuff inspected. When he needs things, he goes home and YouTube's it and does them himself.
Speaker 3: Oh I get it. He takes advantage of the free stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking advantage. They charged me for the inspection.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's different.
Speaker 4: So I paid to have the vehicle inspected. I took the car back again. The brakes were redone and.
Speaker 16: They were they were Now I get it, I.
Speaker 4: Get it, okay. But then they did another inspection on the car and then they found out they said the thing trunk light was bad and it had to be replaced. They could they were gonna pass me because of that, and they wanted to charge me one hundred and fifty dollars to replace the bulb. And I thought that was pretty high, and I asked him why to say it was really hard to get to Okay. Well, I went on YouTube again. It said pop opened the trunk, reached back on, screwed the bault, put the new one in, and woilah.
Speaker 11: That was what they.
Speaker 4: Wanted to charge me, one hundred and fifty dollars for it.
Speaker 15: Firestick.
Speaker 3: Well, Randy, so he's got the wrong hold on.
Speaker 18: He pays twenty two bucks to go there to get the uber inspection. How much is that generally if you went to a dealership or went somewhere.
Speaker 17: I don't know how much that.
Speaker 4: Could be awhere from twenty two dollars to seventy five dollars depends on who you go to. But if they're advertising, they did Uber inspecialist for time.
Speaker 1: I get it, And Randy, I'm on your side. I didn't call you a pain in the ass. Mark did because when people.
Speaker 17: In that industry would refer.
Speaker 1: To him a pain in the Okay, I don't thank you are, Randy. I think you're a smart consumer. More power to you. What is your complain about I seventy, Susan, what the heck's going on with I seventy?
Speaker 14: It's been like this since springtime, and I've been trying to get someone to to do it.
Speaker 4: Clean up and clean up.
Speaker 3: What's tell me what's going on?
Speaker 22: Okay?
Speaker 14: It's on Interstate seventy going east and you want to take off, you want to take the federal exit. It's three thousand in the west, federal exit.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what about it?
Speaker 1: So federal and seventy Right from.
Speaker 14: The start of it, all the way up to the light is just filled with trash and digrants and well.
Speaker 1: That's all over the place. You just happen to find a podcast.
Speaker 14: No I knew like that, but I'm trying to find someone that could clean it up, pick it up.
Speaker 4: And I've got.
Speaker 14: Four numbers they keep.
Speaker 1: Nobody will one number. I mean, they have their hands full. Listen, I will tell you they have their hands full. And truly, I'm not going to throw stones at it, because have you seen there are certain pockets. Now I haven't seen that one, but there are certain pockets in this country, I mean in this area. Oh my god, it's They're unbelievable. They're just so difficult to.
Speaker 3: Keep clean.
Speaker 1: Because you say vagrants, homeless, the unhoused, whatever you want to call them, some of them.
Speaker 3: You know there are.
Speaker 1: I mean, they just trash the hell out of this place. You know, there's an area over on Cherry Creek Drive North where they fix cars on the side near the creek, and they literally have all of the stuff out there, and every night you'll have different cars over there. They go to work on their cars and leave all the trash. But what do you do about it? You said you were trying to get them to clean it. Who did you call?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: I culled thurally one one and then they tracked. They said, basically, wasn't their job. They transferred me to neighborhood Inspection because I told them there is a base there, there's trash, the neighborhood infection, and then they said they only do private property. So they transferred me to right Away Services and they said it wasn't their job. So then they said transferred me to c DOT Regional Area.
Speaker 4: One and.
Speaker 14: I got hung up once. No big deal, Okay, Then it put me to leave a message. So I left a message, and.
Speaker 1: So you're not getting it. You know, I don't know if you're going to get anybody to do anything. It look at that's no one is being held accountable. I mean, it's not like somebody's going to get fired.
Speaker 3: It just sucks.
Speaker 1: Man. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 14: I know, a wind and it just blows out all over the place.
Speaker 16: And you know, it's just no I get you.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate complaint. I'm truly telling you that I do not believe that there is really anything you can do about it. Really, I mean, I don't think anybody gives a damn to you. If you want to know the truth, I don't think. I don't think anybody does. I would like to tell you, oh yeah, we're gonna call and get it done.
Speaker 3: But I don't know who do you blame? Who do you blame? I mean, I don't know who to blame.
Speaker 1: Does anyone think? And again I'm not, again not tossing stones at this guy. I don't know him that well, that the new mayor. Is he doing any good or is he doing worse? I mean, I don't know how was it before him? Do you think?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 14: I think he's does good in other ways.
Speaker 21: I don't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't seem like a bad guy to me, is what I mean. I don't know, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what he's actually doing.
Speaker 1: Is he exacerbating the problem or is he making it better?
Speaker 14: And I know his big job was to get homeers off the street, and I do think he's done a good job at that.
Speaker 1: He's done nothing on that.
Speaker 3: What do you I don't I don't understand what you mean by that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 14: I mean he takes some as many as he can off the street and just puts them in hotels or whatever. But it's no long.
Speaker 18: Term and that's a good thing, Lucian Well's it's better than nothing. He kicks the can down the street at best.
Speaker 14: Correct, Yes, Well.
Speaker 17: What the hell's so good about that? That's ridiculous.
Speaker 14: I don't know to point it up. By see a lady carrying a baby, I think it's good that she doesn't have to sit there and just underneath, I know.
Speaker 1: What you're saying.
Speaker 14: You know, so so I got a heart, and you know.
Speaker 18: What happens after the two weeks and she's gotta go then, I mean, it's not like the kid grew up.
Speaker 14: I know, well, I can tell you what how I really yeah, But I don't know if I should be saying it.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know, Okay, we got to take a break. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three, Thank you very much, thank you, three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. If anybody knows who to complain to that gets things.
Speaker 3: Done, please let us know.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two s you're all sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Hey Tom, Yes, sir, I got a great idea.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 13: Why don't we get a petition to have all the people that are doing community service get common deer to clean up some of these sites. They walk along the highway picking up little pieces of garbage. Let's get a bunch of them to clean up some of these site that are so ungodly.
Speaker 1: Well, why aren't they using these I don't know how they assign those jobs, But wouldn't that be a good idea?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Hey, Doc, you met You gave me a note saying that you think the concrete guy is a crook.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I spoke to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And here's the thing.
Speaker 13: He's his company name is EIG Concrete. But he had Pam rite the check that she did for thirty one hundred to K to K and B Concrete. She looked up K and BE Concrete and it had horrible, you know, one star reviews, and she thinks that what he's doing every time he gets a bunch of bad reviews, just changes the name of his company. At any rate, he is putting her off. We had a three week conversation and he keeps saying, well, yeah, maybe I'll get to it in two weeks. So he's obviously unresponsive. So if anybody's doing business with E.
Speaker 4: I G.
Speaker 13: Concrete or K and B Concrete, just beware that one her name.
Speaker 1: So there's two of them, okay, now, so it's it's what are the names again?
Speaker 13: The one that is uh, really bad is K and B Concrete and the one he's working under now is EI C Concrete and his name is one. And Pam is going to take them to small claims court.
Speaker 3: Want Hernandez?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, okay.
Speaker 13: Hey, Tom, can't just say one thing about her. I was very disappointed. I brought my car to Cobblestone car wash. It was twenty three bucks for a quote, you know, full service car wash.
Speaker 1: They didn't do anything on the inside.
Speaker 13: They didn't vacuum it. And when you you know, normally when you come out of a car wash that you pay a lot of money for that have people with you know, rags to wipe it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had nothing.
Speaker 13: It was no better than one of those five dollars drive throughs where.
Speaker 6: You just have no people there.
Speaker 13: So I think Cobblestone is a total ripoff. I was really appointed.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I love Waterway.
Speaker 1: I mean of the local ones, they're a good.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so, but this was close and I would help people. Don't go to the cop weld on if you want to get a good car wash.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now David has an issue with Shomp again.
Speaker 1: Shomp is an old dealer name in town from the Shomp family. The dad had it and then Lisa, the daughter, took it over, and I think she's retired, and now the son, Lisa's son might have it. Since Lisa's son took over, complaints have really escalated, really, I mean a notable difference under the son's leadership.
Speaker 3: What's going on, David?
Speaker 15: Hi? Hi Tom?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 16: My granddaughter went down to shamp Ford Used Cars last week about four days ago.
Speaker 1: And it's called is it called shamp Ford Used Well, it's.
Speaker 11: Where is this.
Speaker 1: Where Shompford locating on Havana Okay.
Speaker 16: Okay, And she was looking for a vehicle and there was one there that she liked.
Speaker 11: It was a two.
Speaker 16: Thoy sixteen civic and they were asking fifteen nine and eighty eight dollars for it, sixteen and the thing that, Yeah, and it was supposedly it's advertised as a certain.
Speaker 3: Did she, by the way, did she buy it?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 16: And it was a certified used car. And you know what that means. Nothing's car in other words, well the sales.
Speaker 1: It means nothing. If you're talking about legally, it means nothing. So go ahead.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, anyway, he told her everything was checked out. So by the way, she went ahead and purchased it, and she drove it off the lot and three days later she has no breaks. I mean, and I remember you talking before about used cars. They have to be safe when you drop, when you buy them, they have to be safe. She has a young child. Hold on, that's three years. What I mean is there? Yes, there's basic safety is.
Speaker 1: One of the one of the as is necessary things unless it's a toe away, right.
Speaker 16: And you know they told her, they you know, the kid told her. She's she's young, so she doesn't know it.
Speaker 1: And what did she do three days later when the breaks went out.
Speaker 16: Well, she called up and they told her so what.
Speaker 1: Basically, well, well what they meant was, how do we know that they were bad when you bought the car?
Speaker 16: Well, that's just it, she see, David.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. That's the problem.
Speaker 17: Well, what was the problem with the breaks?
Speaker 16: Well, they're all they're all shot, all the you know, the pants are all worried. They told her that they had, like, you know, plenty of life left on them because they've been checked out the service department. But she drove it, you know, for two three days and her brakes went totally out, and so she called over there and basically they just said, no, they're not.
Speaker 15: Worried about it. Right.
Speaker 16: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think she has a legal leg to stand on because she drove away as is the car operated. I mean, and here's what's crazy about this. As is and safe. Yeah, vehicles have to be safe. So let me tell you what that means. If you were buying this car from shamp the right way and you said to them, I want to get a pre buy inspection and you saw that it needed breaks, and you go to them and say, hey, shomp, it needs breaks, and they can say, okay, we'll do the break. It's no longer sixteen nine, We're now going to charge seventeen to six. I'm not and there's nothing you can do about it. So what I'm getting at is this, Technically you are correct. The cars are supposed to be sold in a safe, road worthy condition. But the word it's by no means what you think it is. It doesn't mean perfect, it doesn't even mean close to perfect. It means that the brakes stopped the car and at the time of sale. It doesn't mean that they're going to last at all. Nothing does. But but it's just we have, you know, like in this state we had we had no no rights for renters for years and years, no habitability standards, and I would have to tell renters you know what, I'm sorry about that, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: You have to pay your rent, you have to do this, you have to do that.
Speaker 1: And then the legislature went nuts unused car excuse me on renters' rights. They did, and it's some of it's really good. Now here's the deal. We have no rights with used cars. Technically we don't. We really don't. And I wish they would put effort into that just to make it so they can't sell them. But until it's a certain standard where you don't have to prove it, it just has to have a sticker or something saying this is the standard. But if they do that, for cars will not be as affordable as they are. There's always a cost to this stuff. But where are we going with this? What do you think should happen? Are you trying to get shop to pay for this because they're not going to Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: And by the way, no used car dealer would pay for it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I knew Lisha's shop.
Speaker 15: I'm an old card.
Speaker 16: Dealer from the old days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And the thing is shop has a great name, had had, well, had a great, great name. Okay, So the last thing that you'd want to do, obviously, is, you know, take advantage of some young person doesn't know squat, put him out on the street and listen to this one.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a minute, David, wait a minute. What if they didn't know it was bad, They didn't know those breaks were going to.
Speaker 16: Go out and well the salesman said that they were checked out and they were fine. So the salesman, hold on, does she approof of that line?
Speaker 3: Does she have proof of that? Huh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Well, that's.
Speaker 15: What they told her.
Speaker 3: Does she have proof?
Speaker 15: Well, what's proof?
Speaker 1: Well, what I'm saying is a misrepresentation for a direct sale is fraud in the inducement.
Speaker 16: So well, she just went off of what he said. So here here's the bottom line. Because I listened to you all the time.
Speaker 19: So what do you think?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't like people to people. If he lied to it. You see when people say stuff like that, I say, put it on the invoice, put it on the sales. Certainly at the breaks. Hold on a second, I got I gotta take this break. I will come back to you. You were gonna make a point, so I'm gonna let you make that point. Hang on. I'm Tom Martinez. Three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 3: Two five five.
Speaker 1: Compass Insurance Group, by the way, doing insurance checkups for free. Find out if you're paying too much or if you have a great deal, no charge three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, Call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So, uh, I want to I want to finish up here, because I mean, I know David's point.
Speaker 3: It's too bad you have.
Speaker 1: You know, you buy used cars and things happen, and he thinks the guy lied to her, took advantage of her.
Speaker 3: So where are we going with the story?
Speaker 1: Because you if you were in the business, David, you know you're not going to get shaped to do anything.
Speaker 16: Okay, but at least I'm talking to you about it.
Speaker 1: No, I understand that, and I sympathize with you, I really do.
Speaker 3: I think everyone.
Speaker 1: Needs to get used cars checked out completely before they buy them.
Speaker 16: And I'm agreeing with you. But you know, when you use the word certified, what's what's the word certified?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: I told you it means nothing.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it means something.
Speaker 16: Well, that's what I'm saying. But you you're in the know, and she ain't. But she asked him what a certified mean, and he gave her the pitch. But here's the bottom line, because you bottom you know, just my opinion. Yes, sure, because things have changed. Look, she bought a car for sixteen thousand, put sixty five hundred down cash. She bought a warning. They slammed a warning on her for thirty two hundred dollars. Tom a warny for thirty two hundred dollars. Her payments are three hundreds.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, a month, Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: What your car was this? It was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: So wait, she bought she bought a warranty that's twenty five percent of the value.
Speaker 16: Well, she didn't know that they sold that to her. I mean they.
Speaker 1: Slipped excuse me, David, did she buy it?
Speaker 16: Well to Heeld she about it.
Speaker 1: Now you use the term they sold it to her. I use the term she bought it. Either.
Speaker 3: Both of them are correct.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: What I'm just saying is now you can go back.
Speaker 1: I think you can go back and get the money back.
Speaker 3: On that warranty.
Speaker 16: Oh I hope so you know what I did the numbers, Tom, did.
Speaker 19: You call back?
Speaker 3: I want to take one thing at a time. The most important thing here is.
Speaker 1: That she spent four thousand some odd dollars on a warranty on a two thousand and sixteen vehicle.
Speaker 3: She can get that back.
Speaker 16: I hope.
Speaker 3: So how long has she owned it?
Speaker 16: She's like about four days.
Speaker 1: Go back and get that thing undone. I mean there is I've never heard of one that's not refundable.
Speaker 16: Right right, Well, I hope that is refundable.
Speaker 1: Will you call for will you call for her?
Speaker 16: And well, I called and they wouldn't even talk to me. But here's the thing. Think about this, Tom, because I know.
Speaker 1: You want help getting back for freaking grand you keep glossing over it.
Speaker 16: Yes, I'll go down there and talk to them, but I'm gonna just I'm just adding on what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Oh right, go ahead, continue. Sorry.
Speaker 16: The total of her six thousand dollars sixty five hundred dollars down, She's making three hundred and fifty dollars payments for sixty nine months. At twenty percent, that comes to a total to thirty thousand, six hundred and fifty two dollars.
Speaker 1: Nih. But but you can't do that, David, if you were in the if you ever were, I don't think you really did work in the business, because you're sounding like you're surprised.
Speaker 3: All car loans do that.
Speaker 16: Well I did with all car loans.
Speaker 3: You're paying three or four times the value.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is this, No, it's a bad deal. But David, your daughter made that deal. Granddaughter, Oh grant, I'm sorry, granddaughter. You know you gotta help you route man.
Speaker 6: You gotta help her out.
Speaker 1: No, am I saying? Am I saying she deserves it? Because she, of course not. But you know, gosh, dang it. Wait, we got to help people out.
Speaker 16: You do you remember the old days when they took care of people.
Speaker 1: No, no, never did No, no, no, Actually no, David, you're dreaming.
Speaker 17: How old are you?
Speaker 16: How old you seventy five?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm seventy, David. There were no old days when car dealers took care of you ever. In fact, if you want to know the truth, car dealers are better now than they used to be.
Speaker 3: That's the real truth.
Speaker 1: Well now, at least we have some legislation. Back in the day, I gotta take a break more coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk. Jay's got a comment on that Breaks plus issue with David. David's granddaughter went there twenty sixteen. Excuse me, no, no, no, not, that's not it. It wasn't David. If you're talking about breaks plus, go ahead?
Speaker 3: What issue are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the one just now though, the one with the breaks issue with Schamp?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, that's the one.
Speaker 16: I'm sorry, go ahead, just now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, no, Jay, I got it wrong. You're right, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 24: There's something that you might be able to use for the little leverage. I don't know specifically what Sean says or does, but in every dealership Wanner, they always have posted somewhere and usually a paper that says passed the nine point safety inspection.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 24: And if you can go to small claims and say, judge, this would have never passed under any reasonable circumstances, any kind of safety inspection, he's probably going to go no kidding to break.
Speaker 1: No no no. I agree with you if they make an actual representation, but certified just the word certify is not is not that representation.
Speaker 19: But I Jay, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: So if you can show that he said the breaks are good, or this past this or this did that. If you can show that in writing, I think you have a good chance. Deputy Chopper. I'm going to get to you. I promised about North American ban line. It's very important to me. Plus LG refrigerators coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: Yeah, rip.
Speaker 1: You need so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Run as a cam shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 11: Come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martinez, Tom marts you know your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by Excel Roofing. And I'm telling you you don't do better than Excel. You don't pay a cent till your content. There is absolutely no risk, no long term contract where they hold you to it if you change your mind, no penalties, and they will do a complete detailed inspection without ever signing anything. They don't make you sign at the door, they don't rush you into anything, they're not high pressure, and they're great people.
Speaker 3: The only roofer I've used over.
Speaker 1: My last forty five years Excel ex Cel, Excel Roofing dot Com. YEP. Now let's go to the phones. Jefpidy Chopper, tell me what is going on with North American. It's not really North American. It's this lousy, good for nothing company. I call them STSU Transport or STS transfer in Storage, Seaver's Transferring Storage. They had a number of names. They've only in STS Relocation. They've only been in business a year. They suck, and they have false ratings in my opinion, and a great rating with a Better Business Bureau.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I'm going to say that, but the Better.
Speaker 1: Business Bureau, I mean, come on, these people are stonewalling us the mere fact they won't talk about this guy that paid in full, paid in full and can't get his stuff put an air tag on it hasn't even moved yet, and he and he was promised it a few days ago. What's going on?
Speaker 25: Well, Tom, you said it. I was very nice.
Speaker 7: I called him.
Speaker 25: I said I was from the show. All I wanted to do was please hear his side of the story, and I'm calling about GM both.
Speaker 7: That was it.
Speaker 1: He hung up, of course, because he's a in my opinion, he's a sleeze bag, a frickin' sleeze bag. In fact, it's going to go on the sleeve Brigade for everyone to know.
Speaker 16: We need to up the number.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean these guys think you think you can screw people and get away with it.
Speaker 3: Guess what you can't. Because I'm still on the air.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people for forty five years been wishing I wasn't on the air and been trying to take my place and trying to say or get me off the air. But it ain't gonna happen right now. Well, I mean, God willing and the sun don't shine. But okay, SCS Relocation here's the number. You should let him know you heard about them on the show. And they suck, just like SHOMP sucks. By the way, that organization has gone right downhill.
Speaker 3: Shomp Automotive Group. They suck.
Speaker 1: It's too bad that we have sucky groups like this, isn't it. STS Relocation also known as severs. They suck, suck, suck. And these people, by the way, here's the uh, here's the number.
Speaker 3: Three, three, seven, seven, six, eighty five twenty nine. They suck. That's all I can say. What do you call it when you.
Speaker 1: Can't get through and you've paid in full and all of your stuff is sitting in Longmont and they won't even answer.
Speaker 3: You think about that.
Speaker 25: The nice thing is Tom Jimmy does answer, so everyone can tell that Jimmy, I know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say Jimmy, listen, this isn't right, this is wrong, And Jimmy, don't say that we're not looking for both sides of the story. Don't ever say that you've hung up on us three times now, and don't say, Jimmy that we that. Then give you a chance, Jimmy, and don't say, Jimmy that we don't know your true story, because we know you changed your name, and we know the last company got sucky reviews and this company gets great reviews and it's.
Speaker 3: In business one year.
Speaker 1: How's that?
Speaker 3: How is that? Something funny's going on?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 1: Three zero three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine. That's STS relocation yep. So people what you can do and by the way, you can even do a chat their Uh, you can chat on their website, although nobody comes there when you go to there to chat.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven seven six eighty five twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Come to SGS relocation where we take your stuff, put it away, and you don't hear from us again.
Speaker 3: Of course you get to pay us in full.
Speaker 1: They call it worry free moving in storage, no matter of the distance. Yeah, worry free for you because you get the money up front. Sonsom, I can't stand these jeered Bob. What's going on with LG refrigerator? What's going on? Bob?
Speaker 22: Yeah? I should be taking my call Tom.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Bob, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 22: I've listened to you for a long time. I remember father John.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was a long time ago. What's going on with you?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 22: Anyhow, we bought a refrigerator Lows about not quite five years ago. It's still under factory warranty and it stopped working about a month ago. And we've had a couple of people look at it and it's the compressor.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but LG does nothing but mess with us.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this though, it's unusual that you would have a refrigerator under warranty after five years.
Speaker 22: Well, it's under fact your warranty for five years. I guess the compressor is.
Speaker 1: So you are, so you're still under that warranty.
Speaker 22: Yes, okay, we even registered it. We registered the refrigerator when we bought it.
Speaker 3: No, I get it.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean they're messing with you? And how do you know the compressors.
Speaker 22: Out Well, I had two individuals look at it before we even tried to do the warranty thing, and they won't mess with it because it has that six hundred dollars in it's a it's a new refrigerant. So we called LG and we've got a case number or a workload or a work order, whatever you want to call it. But they say, well, you need this, you need that.
Speaker 1: We try need what what is okay?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 22: They need a they need a receipt which we do not have. And one of the ladies we talked to from LG mentioned that, no, you don't need that with all this other stuff we have. And uh, as far as like registering it, and we know the date we bought it because we registered it.
Speaker 1: Are they denying that they are? Is that what they're saying? They can't prove you own it or they can't prove it's under.
Speaker 22: Warrant you, Well, I don't know. They just want a bunch of stuff. We can't give them, Well, a bunch of stuff, a receipt which we do not have, and we've we've taught.
Speaker 24: We've even gone to lows.
Speaker 22: We've called even today, we have even personally gone to lows to try and get a receipt. Well, they don't go back that far.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: And if okay, they want purchase documentation? What else?
Speaker 22: Well, that's it. They just put us off.
Speaker 3: Is that all they want?
Speaker 1: If you give them purchase information, that's all they want.
Speaker 22: It seems like, yes, my wife does all this. She wouldn't call you. So I said, well, okay, did.
Speaker 1: You buy it on credit card?
Speaker 22: We did, but we don't know which one. And my wife has looked on every credit card we have, and we didn't buy it on the Low's credit card.
Speaker 1: And so when you're sure that if they look up the serial number, they don't show the warranty registration.
Speaker 22: They do show the warranty, and they show because we gave them that little tag they asked for. You know, there's a tag when you open the door.
Speaker 11: That gives it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but does it show it was does it show it was registered in your name?
Speaker 22: As far as I know, yes, Well.
Speaker 3: Then that's all you should need.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 22: I know it, thank you, that's what we will.
Speaker 1: I mean they what do you mean as far as you know, did they say it's registered in your name or not?
Speaker 22: Well, my wife talked to him, so I have to ask her. Yes, I think they did. I didn't talk to him. I can go and ask my wife.
Speaker 3: Well, why would they be cherking you around like this?
Speaker 22: The only thing I can figure out is they don't want to They don't want to fix it. At first she said, they can't find anybody in art. We bought it in Pueblo, we live in Lahunta. At first she said, we can't find anybody to fix it for you. Well, I found a guy in Fowler and I talked to him and he's waiting for LG to contact him.
Speaker 1: And uh, listen, hold on, I want to get Let's us take one step at a time.
Speaker 3: They don't even acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: Okay, they don't even acknowledge that this refrigerator is yours. Basically, yes, if they have warranty registration paperwork that says you registered it, and you can prove who you are, that should be all you need.
Speaker 3: So what you need to be a work order number? Nope, not yet.
Speaker 1: You need to You need to talk to one of my people who will call LG for you.
Speaker 3: I want to give this Kaschina.
Speaker 1: Is Deputy Bow taking cases or should we give this to dollar?
Speaker 3: Or what Deputy bo.
Speaker 23: Is not taking cases today?
Speaker 1: But we can only give it a dollar. What you're saying, Doc? Did he say anything?
Speaker 4: I thought I heard Doc on their website?
Speaker 3: All right, hold on a secon concir.
Speaker 1: Let's give this to dollar to just check out this warranty thing. This sucks, man, This guy's getting bounced around like. I hate when these companies treat people like crap? Kran, What is your question on saving money? Dear? What is your question?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 25: I just.
Speaker 26: I'm a little bit late getting into the game. My little grandchildren are nine and ten, and I've been meaning for years to start some sort of a savings account for them, or an IRA or my dad used to buy my kids like savings bonds.
Speaker 10: I don't even know if you can.
Speaker 26: Do that anymore. I can only start with about one thousand dollars for each one of them. And I want to know what you would suggest I do to maybe have something when they graduate from high school.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you the safest stuff. I mean, a thousand dollars is easy to lose. So I'm going to tell you some of the safest stuff, and you want to keep it for how long?
Speaker 26: Well at least until they're graduating from high school, so about ten years. Thank you more.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on and we'll talk about that coming up.
Speaker 1: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Now I'm looking up some investments since that is a hobby of mine for her at one thousand bucks, and it seems like the most if all you have was one thousand dollars. I'm going to give you an example and you can alter it based on years. If you did a treasury, A treasury is going to be the best bang for the buck for no risk. And you can do a t bill or a note or a bond, and the bonds are You can do a twenty year bond and you would approximately double your money with a twenty year bond. That's for one thousand dollars. If you did a bill, you would have a little less. And then if you did the treasury bill I mean a bill, excuse me, a note, you would have a little less. If you did a bill, you could actually have more if you kept reinvesting them in short term auctions and that would be a little more active, but zero risk. If you did another kind of municipal bond, you could do possibly better because you would you would annihilate your save your taxes, get rid of the taxes on it. So I would go for a safe fixed income bond or and I mean a corporate or private bond with a you know, really well rated like triple A. Or I would go for a treasury a US Treasury thing property of some kind. So that's what I would do, because that's simple, fast, risk free and safe. Now are you going to add to it over the years, fran.
Speaker 26: Yes, I want to add to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you want to add to it. This is a little bolder. Now, I'm going to tell you this straight up. It's bold, but it's guaranteed, it grows tax free, and it truly is a good system. You hear me talk about it all the time on this show. Depends on how what's your horizon. The horizon is going to be twenty years or less for these kids right before they need it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well they're nine and ten, so you know, oh they started.
Speaker 11: Ten years late.
Speaker 21: Yeah you did, you know I did.
Speaker 1: But if you listen and friand there's nothing easy without thought, okay, but with thought, and I mean thought, you have some possibilities. Okay, you're not going to take a little amount of money and make a fortune, but you're going to make some safe money so that the treasury I'm still going to tell you treasury certificates or bonds I should call them. Bonds will do best. Okay, they will probably for that small amount of money. But if you and if you want to add to them, you can.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 1: You can ladder them and buy them when they when the rates are up, and you can keep adding to it. The other one you can do is you could do something like take a life insurance policy on each of them. Now, I'm not recommending giant whole life policies. I'm talking about enough of a policy that allows you to overfund it.
Speaker 3: You've heard me talking about this.
Speaker 1: It's a real deal. I would do it with my kids. So what you do is you put one thousand dollars or you put so much a month or whatever, and what it does is it grows tax free as a cash value. Plus they have the life insurance, which is just frosting on the cake. Really. But when they get in their later years, even ten or fifteen years, they're able to borrow from that to go to college or to use it. And I say borrow from it because it comes out tax free, and then they don't have to pay it back. They can pay it back if they want, and they can pay it back with interest and grow it even further for later in their life if they want to keep it. Now, remember the purpose here is not to really have the life insurance. That's just an added benefit. The real purpose is to accumulate cash value tax free and borrow it tax free, and then if you don't want to pay it back, the life insurance proceeds pay it back. So it's it's really a good vehicle for college. But you can also do actual college plans as well that will grow a tax free and they can take it out tax free if it's used for college. So you know, I think I think that one is a five twenty nine. So you put it it's Tom four to twenty nine.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: That's what I was gonna.
Speaker 1: I think it's a five to twenty nine, right, it doesn't matter whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: So I think I think it's where did you get the number? Maybe maybe I'm wrong, but where did you get four twenty nine?
Speaker 13: I thought I remembered from what we did with our kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, No, it's a five twenty nine. I just looked it up.
Speaker 13: I wonder we couldn't he couldn't go to college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the five twenty nine grows tax deferred withdrawals or tax free if used for college.
Speaker 3: That's a really good one too.
Speaker 14: And then Tom, do.
Speaker 21: You meant a man?
Speaker 26: Do you recommend anyone I talked to about doing this? Do you have someone on your referral list?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 26: Could help me.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's I'm gonna I'm just gonna be honest. With you, okay, And I don't mean like like it's a bad thing to be honest, but with such a small amount there, I want to give you someone who doesn't care about it being small. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Because yeh, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there are people that are going to try to talk you into bigger things, and I'd rather you not be talked into bigger things, if you know what I'm saying, I'd rather you do what you can when you can, so you know what, So for the for the five twenty nine, goodness, anybody can help you with that? A five twenty nine you can do on your own. In other words, you can go on. Are you sophisticated at all? As far as opening up accounts and just you know, having the discipline to manage it because five twenty nine is there's no tax returns, there's nothing to do. You just open the account and if you can do it on your own, I'll tell you what I want you to do. If you go online and and and just I'm going to try to find I think even some banks have five it's a five twenty nine. I think that after giving it second thought, that's going to be probably one of the best things you can do.
Speaker 3: Where can I open a five twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask and then if you if you have a problem, call me back. I actually, okay, hold on, so I'm just trying to I'm just asking right now this uh my computer here to find out where we can open them state sponsored plans. Yeah, there is, there was a state plan because I went to the state site there and there's other online platforms, so I would do And by the way, you don't have a you don't have a financial advisor, right? No, okay, that's okay, you don't need one. I mean not if you don't have a I would start saving for college dot com. Just start at that site. Just read about stuff. Call you can always call me back, okay. And if I mean that sincerely, because I don't want you to get ripped. I want you to get something good going on here. So you can always call me back on the three oh three Martino number and remind us that we talked about this and we'll call you back, all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Elite Garage Floors is with me today in TJ. And I've had some questions about garage floors. But I will tell you this, they're one of the few people that do this guaranteed uh guaranteed floors, and they're good people, no money down, and they have the lowest prices. So with elite garage floors. He showed me something I didn't know about, and I'm telling you, had I known about it, more people might opt for this kind of thing. If you have a bathroom, for example, let's say a basement bath or or some concrete floor. TJ. I didn't realize that you can make them look like marble.
Speaker 3: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, we can make them look That looks so incredible.
Speaker 1: So it's shiny and it looks like marble.
Speaker 3: What else can you mimic?
Speaker 1: I thought all you did was that those paint chip kind of granules which look like you know, I like them. I call them a POxy floors. They're not, but I love garage floors. Take that, But can you do like smooth? If somebody in their garage wanted gray, just plain gray, can you do it?
Speaker 5: We could do plain gray. We just tell people it's gonna be in like an ice rink.
Speaker 17: No, I know it.
Speaker 1: No, it's dangerous.
Speaker 15: Damn.
Speaker 1: What about that marble floor? Is that slippery? One went? Yes, But so if you had that, obviously you don't want it in a bathroom. You want it somewhere where it's not going to get wet.
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of like your hardwood floors. Yeah, you just had a little carpet on it in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: And people do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I see what you're saying. I mean, you have to use common sense when it comes to slippery surfaces, no matter what they are. Even tile can be slippery with regular tile. So can you make a floor patterned like tile?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, So you don't pattern it at all.
Speaker 1: You guys just do smooth finishes or textured finishes, but not in a design. Well, the marble's kind of like a design, but it's not, it's not you know what I mean. It's not like the what do they call that concrete that people pour that looks like cobblestone and all of that that that you know, everstone or pattern concrete. You don't do that, but you're but you can do you can do different finishes like a marble. You can do of course, all of the different all of the textures correct, Okay. Anyway, so as far as the durability, does it matter if it's textured or smooth.
Speaker 5: The smoother it's gonna scratch. So we put a little bit of sand in it. Okay, But yes, so that it's pretty good, okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because I think that the more textured ones they hide imperfections in my opinion, correct, Yeah, all right, and you don't have to clean them as often.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: We got more that by the way.
Speaker 1: That's ELITEGF dot com Elite Gruage for seven two zero nine three nine two four four eight. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Three time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to LJ. LJ. What's going on?
Speaker 21: Good afternoon, How are you good man?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 21: I wanted to know. You know, when they give the express lanes on I twenty five, they run north and south right, they started putting the cameras in for people that were jumping the double line.
Speaker 1: That's right, man.
Speaker 3: So many people are getting those tickets.
Speaker 21: Yes, So I was wondering if those are the same validity as the old camera tickets that they used to give. And then people would say, again, I don't know if it's true. People would say, oh, it's not a real because.
Speaker 1: They're all real. But let me let me explain something. They're all as real as a regular ticket, a regular here's the difference. A regular ticket is real, but a regular ticket is an accusation. It's not an adjudication. Now, what makes the regular written ticket hand it to you different or more powerful is that it's also a summons to appear. So if you don't want to pay, you don't appear, there will be a judgment rendered or you will have an arrest warrant issued. Okay, Okay, that's the difference. But when you are mailed a ticket, in this case, a photo ticket, they can't arrest you, and they and and nothing happens. If you don't, I shouldn't say nothing happened. They nothing can happen until they serve you. Okay, that's the difference. There are some cases. Listen to this though. There are some cases where states have started to and municipalities have started to change laws where the mailing of it is a legit summons to show up, but those are few and far between.
Speaker 21: Okay, that makes sense, all right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's what's going on right now with photo tickets. The way they differ is that they are not served, whereas a ticket handed to you is a summons to appear. So you have to do either or you cannot ignore it. You can ignore a mail ticket, Okay, if that makes sense.
Speaker 21: Yes, Okay. The reason I was asking, I know our daughter got one, but now she says that they had an accident and she moved over and then got back in once the accident was there. But I'm like, we don't have proof that there was an accident. I don't think so i'll have to Now, I will.
Speaker 1: Tell you this if you're allowed to write it. They asked for an explanation, sometimes I think I haven't.
Speaker 21: I haven't looked at it.
Speaker 11: So okay, I think.
Speaker 1: You can send in an explanation and then it's adjudicated. We had one listener who has had an excuse of something where brakes were jammed on he had to swerve out or something, and they denied it. But I don't. I think if there was a legitimate accident that was logged on that road, I think they would forgive it, because truly they're not out to cheat people. Sure, so I would try it.
Speaker 21: I'll have to look, I'll have to look at the ticket or whatever. So okay, I figured if anybody knew, it would be you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But man, we ran across this a few times. So thanks for calling. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So now let's see Andrew. Wait is Andrew? Is uh? Andrew? Go ahead? Is this a new call Andrew or not?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 25: I was just.
Speaker 15: Curious, you know what you're talking about earlier, like if when somebody buys a used car, if it would be if people do it, or if it's possible to say, take it for a test drive and then if you like the car, you take it back and then say the next day you want to come back again and take a test drive. And when you do that, you actually take it to like a shop with an appointment to look at it.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to do all. I mean, technically you should be able to do this. I mean, sure you can test drive it and all that, and then you could, but when you test drive it, I don't think you can take it to get checked. Legitimately, it's not your property until you ask permission. But any good shop, I mean it's just me, any good dealer selling a car will not have a problem with you doing a pre buy purchase inspection a pre buy inspection. No one will, I mean unless they're bad.
Speaker 19: They're bad.
Speaker 1: People like Rocky's Autos used to allow people to get the car checked if they want. Anybody should let you get the car checked. If they say no, you can't check it, then I wouldn't buy it.
Speaker 16: It's that simple, got true.
Speaker 3: So you don't have to like sneak.
Speaker 1: In other words, you don't have to say I'm going on a test drive and then have an appointment set up. Okay, you can just be right out in the open and say, listen, I'd like to take this to my mechanic. I really want to buy it. I'd like to take it to my mechanic to have it checked out. Now they say, well, you got to buy it first or then you get a refund, and no, no, I wouldn't do any of that. So most places will do that for you. Or if some places used to do this, give you a seven day no questions asked return so long as the car's not damaged. So you could do something like that as well. Now I forget who used to do that. In fact, they might still do it. There's a there was one car dealer that was doing a no question asked money back guarantee in so many days. If that's the case, then there's no risk. You go have a checked. If you don't like it, you take it back. What are you thinking about buying?
Speaker 15: By the way, I was just curious.
Speaker 11: It was for my.
Speaker 15: Steps. We're looking just at some vehicles for.
Speaker 1: Them, so okay, and again that would be a good indication if someone's legiti or not, if they'll let you take it out I'm Tom Martine. We have to take a quick break. A probid Energy dot com another solar company, really good at what they do. Probid Energy dot Com. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one.
Speaker 3: Three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 1: Five five of them. You get to the phones here and I just want to tell you, Denver Regen dot Com. I am the jury's out, still doing good. I'm going for a follow up on Friday. They do hair regeneration through stem Cell, and I had it done. I wasn't gonna tell anybody, but then I started seeing some new growth and I thought, what the heck, it's working again. They also do, of course, pain relieving therapy which is proven. That's Denver Regen dot com. All right, so back to the phone. Oh, I don't have any calls holding. That's good because we only have a few minutes left. I'll finish up with TJ Elite Garage floors seven two zero nine three nine two four four eight. And I wanted to make a note because this is very important. People on this show. We learned about, in my opinion, a bad actor in the moving business, and that is STS Relocation in Longmont. They're not responding to this consumer. He paid in full, They have his stuff, they haven't even moved it yet.
Speaker 3: They promised it would be there a few days ago.
Speaker 1: And in West Virginia, and he's frustrated. He's out there. He doesn't know what to do. They're stonewalling. That's not a good that's not a good sign. Also, we noticed that they only been in business a year, but they have an excellent rating with a Better Business Bureau. Well, that's crazy that they changed their name. They were Sievers uh movie or Severs Transfer and Storage, and they moved they changed you to s t S.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem. So uh TJ. In finishing up, do you do a lifetime warranty?
Speaker 6: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: That in itself is the reason to use you, bro, I'm serious. Elite GF dot com or right Eliah, Elite GF Right, Elite Crush Floors. Thank you for being here, man, We really appreciate it. Remember people, three oh three Martino for help spread that around three oh three Martino more tomorrow