Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner Clerk, get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it. Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Bink, you're looking real hot.
Speaker 4: Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: Dot Itty best overall?
Speaker 2: Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 6: Ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kays Hi, everybody and old, Welcome in to my Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pre game show. As your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers thirty six and twenty three on this season. After taking two or three over the weekend for the Yankees, the All New York homestand continues tonight with the Mets in town for the start of a four game series. Dustin May will go for the blue first pitch on Tommy Edmund Bobblehead Night is coming up at seven to ten between then and now, we got a lot to get to here a Marango Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this opening pitching matchup between the Dodgers and the Mets. David Va sego's one on one with no mar Garcia Para from sports net LA.
Speaker 2: We've got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 1: And shortly we will visit with Kirsten Watson, who is back from sports Net LA. And in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Yesterday out at the Ravine, it was Sunday Night baseball. The Dodgers were going for the sweep of the New York Yankees, and they.
Speaker 2: Had the right guy on the mound.
Speaker 1: Yoshinobu Yamamoto went for the Dodgers, and yesterday, arguably he is not best outing of the year. Three and two third innings, he went four runs, all of them, earned seven hits, walked three through ninety six pitches, had some control issues, high pitch count pitching into the fourth inning, he got into some early trouble, giving up a run in the first actually got out of a bass loaded jam to limit the damage to make it just a one nothing Yankees lead. In the second inning, a guy who's got his bobblehead tonight yesterday homeward two one.
Speaker 6: Tommy Edmond hits a high fly ball left field, going back toward the wall.
Speaker 7: It is out of hair.
Speaker 6: Tommy ties it with a tank into the Dodger bullpen. Ninth of the season for Edmund. He rounds the bases and ties the game at one. That's the good news. It could have and should have been better news, but alas Pojez was thrown out, so it's only a one to one game.
Speaker 1: Tommy Eman goes deep, his ninth home run of this season that tied the game in one, and then the wheels fell off Yamamoto in the third inning, Rice a two run home run. Volpi then scored on a wild pitch as the Yankees took a four to one lead. Lemayhewes singled in the fifth. Paraza then singled. It was a six to one Yankees lead after five innings. Yamamoto would go just to three and two third innings, Anthony Banda gave up a pair of runs as well, as the Dodgers found themselves having to play catch up down six to one, and in the seventh when Andy Parez went deep a solo home run, the Dodgers finally got to the Yankees bullpen after former Dodger Ryan Yarborough was really good for six innings, one run, four hits, five strikeouts, just that home run to Tommy Edmund, But with him out of the game, the Dodgers went to work on the Yankees bullpen. Andy Pahz with a solo home run. Two batters later, Max Muncy payoff pitch.
Speaker 2: Mounsie hits it high.
Speaker 6: In there, deep brightfield, maxim We see Max power halfway up the pavilion. Dodgers not going quietly. Second home run of the seventh inning. It's now just a three run game.
Speaker 2: Andy Pajes with the home double.
Speaker 1: Earlier, that was Max Monty with the home run, a solo shot for Mad Max. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for les Dodgers within a six to three striking distance until the May Hughes double and the ninth inning scored Cody Bellinger. That gave the Yankees a seven to three lead and the Dodgers could not get anything in the bottom half of.
Speaker 2: The ninth inning.
Speaker 1: Game over, Yankees beat the Dodgers yesterday seven to three. Ryan Yarborough gets the win. Yoshi Yamamoto gets tagged with the loss. He falls to six and four on the season. Dodgers now thirty six and twenty three. They take two to three still from the Bronx Bombers over the weekend, and now the guys from Queens, New York make their the Dodgers Stadium. The New York Mets in town for a four game series. Dustin May on the mount in the series opener. First pitch is seven ten and with more we head out to the Galpa Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Goodn't ask for a better night for a ballgame here at Dodgers Stadium as they get sent to open up a four game set with the New York Mets, coming off a three game weekend set with the New York Yankees, the World Series opponents, the Dodgers taking two of three, including drubbing New York eighteen to two on Saturday afternoon. But it's the other New York the National League contingent, the Mets, who come in in first place in the National League Eastern Division first time this year. The Mets have been fifteen games over five hundred. They're thirty seven and twenty two, a game in front of the Phillies and the Dodgers at thirty six and twenty three, two games up on the Padres, three games up on the San Francisco Giants. Dustin May will make his eleventh start. Paul Blackburn, the right hander, will make his twenty twenty five debut, coming off the injured Lie and Mo. There's a lot of pitching news not related to the starters tonight. A lot of pitchers have been warming up in the outfield, a lot of guys been throwing. Kirby HS throw a bullpen today. We're seeing that Blake Snow will probably either this weekend or right after the weekend maybe in San Diego throw a bullpen. Blake Tron and Roki Sasaki we're throwing today as well. And there's a word that Michael Kopek is going to rejoin the team, and we're not sure when he'll be activated, but he should be here soon.
Speaker 9: Yeah. There's a total of fifteen pitchers now currently on the injury list. Seven of those are starters, and no real update on Tyler Glass now as well, other than the Dave Robbers said, Look, he's on pause playing catch and that's just about the extent of that. So the Dodgers hopefully are going to get healthy because the burden of the bullpen has really increased as a result of starting pitchers that come in and filled. They're kind of the opener that's put a lot of stress and strain on the bullpen. They need a brief either and tonight they need some innings from Dustin May, who's been able to supply that really over the last three starts or so. And for Dustin May, he has performed better. He's made ten starts, but his record is much much better at home to this particular point that it is on the road.
Speaker 8: Shohe Otani enters the game leading baseball with twenty two home runs. Freddie Freeman leeds the National League and batting average at three sixty five. A lot of lefties in the lineup tonight against right hander Paul BlackBook.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think from an offensive standpoint, I mean, you start to look at what the Dodgers have done with the bats, they're first and team average, their first in run scored, their first in baseball, also with the home run department. But then you go to the era collectively, that's twenty third, and that's something again the stress and strain that goes along, and they're facing a team quite frankly, I mean, they saw the Mets in New York on the last road trip, and New York making some noise. Not only three consecutive games in the win streak, but they have won eight of the last ten. As you mentioned, they have now taken over first place in the Eastern Division the National League.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: And you look at players like Pete A. Lonzoways got an eight game hitting streak going on the first basement and the shortstop Francisco Lindor three games streak, but he's been hitting a bunch of home runs lately. He's up to thirteen in the season, and the switch hitter, proving once again that he's one of the better players in the National League.
Speaker 9: Yeah, here's another thing about the New York Mets. I saw this number a little bit earlier. Today when they score first in the ball game, they have the best record in baseball. They have won eighty two percent of the games that they put the tally up on the board before the opposing team. So they like to score early and then take it the rest of the way home.
Speaker 8: They are twenty three and five when that occurs. Dustin May against Paul Blackburn. That's the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for game one of those four game set two first place teams going out in the National League.
Speaker 1: Jim, all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game name meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's Right now, it's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You are going to hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vatsa. Of course he'll go one on one with no more Garcio Parra. We're gonna visit with Kirsten Watson though from Sports at LA. Next, and we got your Otani rewind for leading up to Dodgers and Mets on this Monday night, First pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Mets. Dustin May Paul Blackburn. The pitching match up. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seventeen. This is the Otani rewind Well Show. Hey, Otani at a very quiet afternoon. The Dodgers' top four in the lineup yesterday was over the day against the Yankees, as the Yankees beat the Dodgers into three.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from Dodger standy and brought you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: Ready to donate that old car?
Speaker 1: Get him a call at eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a key to donate your car today. Mookie Betts missed the entire Yankee series with that fractured fourth left toe. Kirsten, what's the latest with MOOKI Well?
Speaker 10: The good thing is is that today he was doing some drills on the field, moving really well, so whether it was taking grounders, he was running the bases, he's been taking swings.
Speaker 4: The fact that he's just continuing to feel better.
Speaker 10: So yesterday was the first day he was able to wear clothed toe shoes, so it's just each day.
Speaker 4: He's getting better.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts even added that he is available off the bench tonight, so that's a huge sign. They're hoping that tomorrow he could potentially back in the lineup, but they are going to just see how he comes into the day. So of course, you know, you're getting your body, you're ramping up and you're cool off ahead of the game, be available potentially in the game, So see how he comes out of just kind of that up and down of today. He feels good, tomorrow, fingers cross will see him back out there against the nets.
Speaker 2: How about the Dodgers' arms.
Speaker 1: Long list of Dodger relievers that are hurt, starters that are hurt, what's the latest?
Speaker 10: Yeah, long list is correct, it really is. So let's start with the reliever. So Michael Kopek, he is going to be returning to the team likely tomorrow, and it's not necessarily going to be activation, though Dave Roberts was saying, you know, of course they've seen the results from his rehabstance and things just aren't really the command'sren't really there. They're not exactly where they're hoping he would be. Dave did say that he's not necessarily a command guy, but they do want him to come in talk to the coaches, see if there's something that can kind of work through. So they're going to just get their eyes on him. So he's going to be around the team and that will be huge. He could potentially be activated. They'll just they do believe he's healthy, so they just want to have some of those conversations.
Speaker 4: And before they activate for mic Copek, then you have Kirby Yates.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts did say that him with the hamstring injury, he is doing really, really well and feeling good right now, so they're hoping he could be activated over the weekend. So that's the bullpen side continueing to het a little bit stronger on the starting rotation side, So Tyler Glasta was supposed to be the first arm to likely come off the IL, especially with those group of guys of Tyler, Blake, and Rokie. Unfortunately, for Tyler, he has thrown one bullpen thus far, and coming out of that bullpen session is just his body didn't feel right, you know. Dave Roberts said that it wasn't necessarily the shoulder specific, he just something isn't feeling kind of right for him. So they have him on a pause from bullpens. He is still playing catch and throwing on flat ground, but until he can get back off the mound and then kind of figure out what's going on there, he is going to be a little bit of a now.
Speaker 4: A slower progression.
Speaker 10: For Blake Snell, the hope is that he can potentially go off the mound maybe over the weekend or early next week. Of course the team will be on the road then, so hopefully we'll just kind of get positive reports on him. And then there's Troki Sasaki, who at least is continuing he's playing catch, he's still on flat ground. Dave said, he's likely out to like one twenty right now, but it is going to take some more time because he's not throwing with any life, full force or kind of intensity behind it. He's more of a light playing catch, but he's being physical and that's huge. So hopefully these are guys. It's a lot of names on the list, but as long as they continue to get healthier and they continue to build up. We don't really have an exact timeline on things. So we do know that that's still going to be, you know, relatively a hole for the rotation that they're going to hope to fill with the guys who are available right now.
Speaker 1: It's a long list of injuries, but they're gonna start trickling back here, which is a good thing for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Kirsten, We appreciate it still.
Speaker 1: They come here on Wrongo Casino, Dodger's on deck, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatsag goes one on one with no Mo No more Garcia Para. But I'm next at injury report and we hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Mets on this Monday night. Tommy Edmund Bobblehead Night. First pitch coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Deck.
Speaker 5: On your home for the Blue All season Lock.
Speaker 1: Marango Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday Night, Tommy Emond Bobblehead Night out of Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Mets, first of for Maranggo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Dustin May Paul Blackburn the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Here at Cirrison give the rundown on all the latest Dodgers injuries and what is happening with Blake Snell, Tyler Glasnow, Kirby Yates, Mookie Betts day to day.
Speaker 2: Is still at that fractured leftow.
Speaker 1: Luis Garcia the latest to go on the IL yesterday with the right adductor injury. Fifteen different pitchers on the IL. The Dodgers at some point are going to have to get healthy. When they do, when these players start trickling back, it's gonna be a good thing for this Dodgers team, who's already a top the NL sor right let's head back out to Dodgers Stadium and get the pregame thought to the Dodger skipper an.
Speaker 4: The questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know what I think if you look at the last you know, call it ten days, I think we've done a good job, some of it of necessity from necessity, some of it intentional in the sense of building these guys up the starters, and so I think that, you know, that's certainly been very helpful. And we've obviously made some moves and trying to protect downside with the pen, and I think that these guys are in a good spot having some length also options. So I think, you know, as a whole building the starter is up. Getting our relievers back online, I think this stretch that we're going through, we're pretty good spot with the pitching.
Speaker 4: Is Michael Kopex still online? Seen coming back in the next few days.
Speaker 10: He is.
Speaker 11: He will be in town still on his rehab and through yesterday. So I think that for us, the thought was to bring him here and to kind of evaluate see how he is and to see when that day is to activate. But there's no hard day yet.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dave, I'm.
Speaker 8: Sure this is a problem that you gladly welcome.
Speaker 9: But the fact that you don't have the DH spot available for guys like.
Speaker 5: Mookie coming back from the toe, Freddy with the angle, how much more difficult does that make it in terms of when they come back?
Speaker 11: For me? It's a little bit more challenging, certainly, but it's of no cost when you have show Hey as your DH. But I think if you do look at any other kind of where in years past before we got show Hey, you could sort of it's an evolving role that you could kind of manage and fill in with players for matchups or workload guys coming back. So that's kind of the thing that we just don't have that luxury.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts with the media, and we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We'll check out with the David Man. Say, as we're leading you up.
Speaker 1: To first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers and the Mets, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kase Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying.
Speaker 5: Yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and the Mets start of a four game set. Is the All New York homestand continues. Dustin May on the hill, first pitch coming up and seven.
Speaker 5: Ten joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David basse.
Speaker 2: Hi DV the Yankees in town. They have left.
Speaker 1: The Mets come to town, and Juan Soto comes with them.
Speaker 2: We're in a different uniform than last time they saw him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about this, Tim, how many different uniforms Juan Soto has already worn in his major league career. You think back to the twenty nineteen season where the Nationals beat the Dodgers in the NLDS. He was there and a big part of it, hit a big home run off of Clayton Kershaw. And then he moved on to the San Diego Padres and then moved on to the New York Yankees and now is wearing a New York Mets uniform. And remember when the Dodgers saw the Mets last time last weekend in New York. Wan Soto is in a big time, but nothing like the Rockies to get you out of a slump. So we'll see whether or not Juan Soto can carry whatever he found against the Rockies against the Dodgers in these four games. But it's funny, tim you think back to when Juan Soto won the home run Derby at the All Star Game here at Dodgers Stadium. He was getting serenaded when the Nationals opened up the second half of the season here at Dodgers Stadium by the fans and the pavilion in left field, just channing they want Sodo in La, we want Sodo. And this past offseason the Dodgers were serious players in the Sodo sweepstakes. Obviously, he chose the Mets at the very end, but the Dodgers were in there. And Scott Boris told me a lot more tantalizing than what people realize, how much the Dodgers were really tempting Sodo to come to the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Interesting. David is driven by for it. There's one thing we like, its choice. His fine yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called the f one fifty. The Dodgers signing Alexis Das his brother Edwin Daz David the closer for the Mets.
Speaker 3: That's right, and he's having a great year. He's found himself again. And Alexis Daz is at camel Back Branch right now working with the Dodgers pitching gurus and the pitching lab to try to correct the mechanics that were off in Cincinnati. And remember two years ago Alexis Diaz saved thirty eight games for the Reds and was an All Star. I asked Edwin Diaz just if he's spoken to his brother and what the Dodgers may do to get him back on track.
Speaker 12: Yes, he got three. I've been talking to him and he's really happy. He's he really appreciated he got trade to the Doyer, So he's he's really happy.
Speaker 3: Was it close? Did you try to push for him with the Mets?
Speaker 12: Hi? Wa if I wish if he got traight to the met ball you know, he the Doyer picking him, he's you, I really would go, Heyhan, I'm just happy for him, you know, looking forward to seeing the big lion Edwin.
Speaker 3: He's a great closer as well. What do you think the Dodgers can help him get back to What does he need to get back to be that all star?
Speaker 12: I think you'll fix his mechanics. I think it was a little way inconsistent this year. I think I think they have the everything to fix him, to help him, and I think if they can find the problem, it would be fine.
Speaker 3: And the Dodgers are not going to rush this, but Alexis Diaz will be here uh in the next couple of weeks. The Dodgers are working on getting him back on track to that all star form.
Speaker 1: That is certainly a good sign for the Dodgers getting another arm down there in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: DV appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from no More Garciaparra.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching match up.
Speaker 1: But up next, how about your Dodgers magical moment or leaning up to Dodgers and Mats on Tommy Edmund bobble Head Night out of It Dodger Stadium First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Mets start up a four game series. Dustin May Paul Blackburn the pitching matchup on this Monday night. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: It's sevent tend.
Speaker 3: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: I go back to June thirtieth, nineteen sixty two, Dodgers taking on the New York Mets. The Dodgers fifty plus wins already on this season at that point, nearly thirty thousand in attendance at Dodgers Stadium that night. It was a Saturday evening in Southern California. Sandy Kofak on the mound for the Blue Sandy Kofax would strike out thirteen through one hundred and thirty eight pitches and through his first no hitter.
Speaker 7: Go back set and the pitch basketball A big bouncer down the wheels. He has it goes to far right, no hitter.
Speaker 13: All of the Dodgers are out the mob go bank half way between third and Hall fairly with his arms around Sandy pushing him guard to dug out other Dodgers leaping over the knot of players to just touching him.
Speaker 7: And indeed reason's shaking his hand. Dwayne Anderson is out there to put that valuable left arm in a windbreaker, and a shower of blue pillows down on the field. Sandy gobanks, he betch is a no hitter.
Speaker 13: More of the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: The first Dodger no hitters and Sal.
Speaker 13: Magley turned it in in nineteen fifty six, and the first Dodger left handed, I bet you're no hitter.
Speaker 7: Since way back in nineteen hundred.
Speaker 13: And he is now walking for a long place, and the crowd get a un upstanding.
Speaker 1: All day you the great Vin Scully On they called. June thirtieth, nineteen sixty two, a twenty six year old left hander Sandy Kofax throws his.
Speaker 2: First no hitter of his career.
Speaker 1: This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hafey Hot Talks. Hoffey so caused local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hafey Hot talks local and so great. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in it with a Rick Monday from leading out to first pitch Dodgers and Mets of Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 5: Nowhek this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's Dodgers and the Mets. Dustin May Paul Blackbird the pitching matchup. Blackbird fresh off the il, making his debut here in twenty twenty five. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: And now joined by Data Fast saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, Rick, the Dodgers are in tow tonight against the Mets after what I believed was a successful weekend against the Agent.
Speaker 9: It was, but that's not the headline story for us. The headline story for us, and we are thrilled to say this. You had some fan mail delivered just a few moments ago, right before we came on the air, and I told you congratulations, and you open it up and it's just nice to see. You had some people that came in earlier, maybe thirty minutes ago, that said hello, and they listened. They're listening to broadcasts, both free and post game, and it is amazing the number of people that we are able to touch with Dodger Baseball on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: No doubt, it gives everybody an escape. You always said that whenever you come to the ballpark or turn on the radio. Yeah, well, reality at the door.
Speaker 9: Exactly, and that what we leave either at the base of the radio or at the front gate is reality at least for a few hours. So unfortunately they reissue it to us as we leave the stadium. But this is a great outlet and they have back to back New York teams and to see people you know, talk about it ahead of time and then show up here early. And by the way, if you have tickets really the the next three games in this series, I would strongly recommend that you get here early.
Speaker 3: No doubt. Tonight is Tommy Edmund Bobblehead Night and LCSMVP against the Mets. It seems like Tommy's starting to get back to what we saw at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 9: I've said this before, and it's very difficult to maintain when you get hurt, and if you're swinging the bat really well, it's difficult to maintain that, hold on to it and have it when you come back. And that's happened to Tiascar Hernanez this year and for Tommy Edmond the same thing. But we're beginning now to see Tommy do what he did so brilliantly last year, in particular in the post season, which was to hit the ball all over the place. It didn't matter if his fastball, breaking ball, whatever it is. He understands how to play the game. On top of that, and we talk about, well he has a nose for the baseball from a defensive standpoint, and he understands how to play the game. Now, I'm saying it sounds probably a little strange to some people, but there's a lot of people that have wonderful ability that don't really have maybe the baseball instinct, and that's sometimes it has to be learned. Well, Tommy Edmond comes the full package and equipped with that.
Speaker 3: Rick a former Dodger that he really respects, Skip Schumacher, who was the bench coach in Saint Louis when Tommy Edmond was there. He told me that Tommy Edman and Paul Goldschmidt were the two most favorite players he ever coached because of everything he just said.
Speaker 9: And if we look at the Cardinals organization of the past, I can't really vocalize that. I believe it's in the present, but I know in the past the Cardinals were one of the teams I think with the Dodgers right alongside, fundamentally sounds not just teams, but organizations from the coaches at the minor league level really started in astounding for that standpoint. But then the coach at the minor league level, you know, they used to make fun of the fact that there was a book out by our campaign, and so there's a general manager about the Dodgers' way to play baseball. Well, if you open up that book and there's still a few around that you can kind of look at and see it was basic stuff when you read it, but it was stuff that got you through ball games on a daily basis on the fundamentals, not only the fundamentals, but also the thought process of getting to I'm out, getting to an at bat, getting to a pitch.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Do you still have your book.
Speaker 9: I have it somewhere in storage.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Rick, thanks a lot for sharing. We'll see how this series goes.
Speaker 9: Doctors Mets, Okay, I know you'll be here early tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You're my number one fan. I know you are. We'll send it back here in the studio. Team all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: This Dodgers game play and brought to you by your Californy community college. Financial Aid's available to help you with books, tuition, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly. So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick, We'll be back with Tim never to get you those keys in the game. But up next to go high in tight with no more Garcia para. It's a Dodgers and the Mets. First pitch. It's seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Mets. Justin May and Paul Blackburn. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up, and at seven ten Todgers Baseball's brought to you by Zen She Sushi.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it. It's a quicker, affordable meal.
Speaker 1: The whole family can enjoy zen She Handcrafted Sushi. They got all the rolls, the tuna roll, the spicy tuna role, the salmon rolls, the tim perr shrimp rolls.
Speaker 2: They got platters.
Speaker 1: You can get made fresh onside daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. It's so easy to find inside the routs, right near the deli counter. You can't miss Zenshi Handcrafted Sushi. It's always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This this high and tight.
Speaker 3: Well, he's out of his South Bay bubble. I'm back at Dodger Stadium, suited and booted and ready to go for tonight's game against the Mets. And that is one of the greatest hitters we have ever seen a Major League baseball and he's our own. No mar Garciapara Nomar. Thanks a lot for the time, Dave. You know, it's always good to see you. I mean, you have that beach glow after being out there in the South Bay, you know, on the strand, you come back ready to go.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, we were off the last couple of weekends, you know, because the games were nationally televised, you know, with Fox and ESPNN and Apple TVs taking it all, So we were off a little bit. We enjoyed ourselves for the couple weekends. But at the same time, I did enjoy watching the Dodgers, you know, win that series this past weekend.
Speaker 3: For a number of different reasons. How important was it for the Dodgers to, hey, come back against Max Freed on Friday night and then b come back the way they did on Saturday.
Speaker 14: Listen, no matter what you always say, win the series, right, we talk about that all the time, and they did that, and it was a great way in which they did that, the way they battled back, the way they persevered. I mean, I know every fan was hoping for a sweet but at the same time, you know, let's consider and take in the series win and continue that momentum against another tough team coming into town.
Speaker 2: No Mark.
Speaker 3: I feel like with the Otani celebration on a nightly basis, the incredible things he does incredibly, Freddie Freeman gets lost in the shuffle. What do you appreciate the most about Freddy and do you feel like sometimes we forget about him?
Speaker 14: Well, listen, this is a team full of superstars, so I don't think we forget about Freddy Freeman. I mean, at the same time, we're just also amazing at what Otani is doing on a regular basis. But Freddy Freeman, I don't think his lost. Freddy Freeman is just a professional. He's a Hall of Famer. That's what he is, a Hall of Fame player going out there and doing doing it on a nightly basis. What I love about Freddy Freeman is not only his consistency, but he always talks about how batting average matter. See, it really does, because he understands, you know, in this age of analytics, and if you really look back, if you hit three hundred, all those other numbers fall into place. If you worry about that, your ops, all this other stuff that just happens. And he knows that. So that's why he focuses on that. I think if more and more players do that they're going to be where they need to be.
Speaker 3: When you hear Freddy talk about hitting, do you identify or relate with the way you used to approach hitting?
Speaker 14: Well, I do enjoy talking to him about hitting, and it's not just my approach. I think, you know, there was this older thought about hitting, an approach, and he talks a lot about those things that was taught to me what I would hear around the clubhouse or other players when I was playing. So yeah, there is some you know, familiarity when he's speaking about hitting it like, oh yeah, exactly, hit light and drives, stay up the middle, stay on the other side, you know, stay back, shorten up with two strikes. You know, guys when they're in scoring position, it's a different mentality. That's my guy to knock in. I have to figure out how to knock him in and look with the defense and what the other team is giving me.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can translate some hitting wingo that Freddie threw on us a couple of weeks ago. He said he feels like his swing is where he wants it to be. Even last year he said he had this cut swing. Hard to believe his swing was not on yet last year either.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think when he's when he's cutting the swing, you know, he cuts it off and he's not barreling it up or staying on the ball as long as he would like. Yeah, there are times when maybe he'll get a hit and he still hovers around you know, he's still hovering around three hundred and doing what he was doing. But at the same time, it might be off the off the end of the bat or the way the ball is coming off your bat. It's not coming off with that backspin that you like. Sometimes it has kind of that we call like a flare or just kind of you know, tails away, especially when you're going the other way. So that's sometimes you're cutting the ball off. You're hitting it maybe not square right behind us, so you don't create that backspin you like.
Speaker 3: All right, now, we got it. You explained the Freddie Freeman next level hitting to the common man like us.
Speaker 14: We listen. Like I said, he he is fun to watch and he is special and watching his consistency, his joy for the game and how hard he works, it's truly truly something to admire.
Speaker 3: No more. Garcia Para is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Mets, a four game series here at Dodgers Stadium and no more. You obviously played in so many big games. What does a weekend like this past one, dude to kind of get you a little extra something to get through? You know, the hot summer months of June.
Speaker 14: Well, listen, I think you know you had their certain series that you know, okay, there's a lot of high behind it. You feel that, you feel that the energy from the fans as well, and you want to play well. You're playing against a good team, and listen, the Dodgers can't let up. I think as a Dodgers look, you're thinking, hey, this is just part of what we have. Are the run of all these good teams that we're playing that are going to be in contention or you assume they're going to be in contention down the stretch. So you're trying to win the series. I know it's cliche, but it's true. You do have to take it one game at a time. You can't look past you can't leave. You couldn't look thinking past the Yankees and think of the Mets. So now that you go out there, you tip play a tough series. Now you've got to come in and play a series against a tough team that just beat you over at their home field, and you want to return the favor. So you're like, listen, we got to be at the top of the game, and then you have to continue that. It doesn't stop after that because then you're going over there and you're playing a hot team over the over the weekend after this week finishes. So you just got to be on. And you know this is not the bad time to be on because you're going through May June. This is when you're right in the thick of it. This is when you're kind of feeling where you're supposed to be, and this is who we are, and the weather's nicer, this is the heart of it, and you love these this month.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's hot, the weather's warmer, but No Mar's hair is still perfect. You'll see it tonight on Sports at LA. Thanks a lot for the time, Nomar, appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Dave always great talking to you.
Speaker 3: There he goes No mar Garcia Para out of the South Bay Bubble and he'll receive a gift card to our friends at Javier's in Newport Beach and a new location in downtown Los Angeles. Go over and say hi to Javier. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DVI Dodger starth and Knight by the way, thirty six and twenty three on this season. Two games up on the Padres in the NL West, three games up on the Giants. They're eight games up on the arizon A Diamonbacks, who have dropped eight of their last ten. And well, the Colorado Rockies. Don't look now, they won their tenth game of the season. Yes, congratulations to the Rockies who beat the Marlins today to four. They're now ten and fifty on the season. Dodgers Baseball is brought to My Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 2: When it's game night, it's Group Knight.
Speaker 1: At shakys dot com. Or leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and the Mets up next, We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets. Is the all New York Homes. Stay continues. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching match up.
Speaker 1: Here's in about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and playhard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Paul Blackburn going for the Mets, thirty one year old right hand or first round pickback in twenty twelve. His way to the Mets last year at the trade deadline. Was an All Star with the A's when he made his debut in twenty seventeen, an All Star in twenty twenty two. Making his twenty twenty five debut. He started the first two months of the season on the il with the right knee injury activated today, there was a sinker curveball changeup has never faced to the Dodgers. Dustin May on the mound for the Blue three and fourth of four to twenty e r Ray, twenty seven year old right hander and his seventh season down in the big leagues. He's finally healthy is Dustin May missed a year and a half because of injuries. Making his eleven start of this season. Has got a little bit of momentum going his way. He finished the month of May Dustin May winning his last two starts, including last time out five innings, three runs, four hits, nine strikeouts in a win over the Guardians on the last road trip. This is his second start, third appearance against the Mets in his career. He last faced him in twenty twenty three. Dodgers and Mets. Dustin May Paul Blackburn the pitching matchup. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys in the game. Our next I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Mets, Dustin May on the now and the Boys in Blue play at home.
Speaker 2: It's important they have.
Speaker 1: The right plan to protect their house before setting up a campfire. Make sure to get a permit for CalFire and check local restrictions so you can protect.
Speaker 2: Your house as well.
Speaker 1: Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownster and field method. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. Properly maintain car breaks so there's no metal to metal contact that can spark a fire. For more about these tips and to find out others, you can just visit fire dot c A dot gov. All right, we head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim Negett Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we count you down to the first pitch here at Dodger Stadium. Just an absolutely gorgeous night for a ballgame. Dustin May four and a four to twenty era makes his eleventh start, and for Dustin May, one of the things that you look at when you look at him is his first three starts of the season didn't give up a home run, but he's given up one in each of his last seven starts. So keeping the ball in the ballpark is going to be a key for Dustin.
Speaker 9: Matt and I think getting ahead in the count. Here's some numbers very quickly. When Dustin May has two strikes on hitters so far this season, you know there's only three starting pitchers have a lower batting average against with two strikes in Dustin May, it's an O ninety five average. And then you start to add, well, how about the slider. Well, the slider is a very big pitch for him. In fact, he throws it at two strikes over fifty percent of the time. This slider, by the way, overall, throws at about forty percent of the time. We have not seen very quickly. We had not seen that velocity at ninety eight and ninety nine, and he doesn't have to with the movement that he has. But the big thing is throw strikes at particular leadoff hitters of an inning.
Speaker 8: Right hander Paul Blackburn will counter for the Mets. He makes his twenty twenty five debut coming off the injured list knee inflammation put him on. But he's also coming off of back surgery that had him questioning whether or not he'd pitch again. Well, he's pitching again here tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And he had a spinal leakage in the back that had to be taken care of, and it was spring training and all of a sudden the knee came up, and then during his rehab he had an illness that really set that bank. So they're hoping for good things for Blackburn, who came up initially with the a's and eighty two career starts, and he'll make number eighty three here tonight against the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Blackburn a local guy out of Heritage High School in Brentwood. He's thirty one years of age, getting the start against Dustin May as the Dodgers and Mets get ready for Game one of this four game set.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, first pitch is next. Enjoy David Vessy's got you cover with all the postgame. When it's over, Dustin May on the mount when we return. Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network
Speaker 5: And