Speaker 1: Hey, now, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan homey come on pay okay night Never in the middle of the week, it's Wildcard Wednesday around here when it comes to the Instagram feature that'll be on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: Also last day to sign up if.
Speaker 1: You want to come down to the studio tomorrow to play Read my Lips against the Chile Kyle goes for win number three fresh out of bad head to head Challenge. Got some great concert tickets in there for you. Ghost tickets are coming to you in home room. You're up early with us. It's gonna You're gonna be glad you are. Fun fact Flashback gets you in to see Ghost at the Toyota Center. Coheaton Caprio on Taking You Back Sunday tickets at seven twenty, Modest Mouse Slipping Lips tickets at eight twenty. Alternative Income chance to one one thousand dollars at around nine ten. Those Busfest tickets are on No the show today. Get your votes in for those local bands man Bring on Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde Right there on links and guests again twenty percent chance of bringing today Claude's guys highs up around eighty five. Good morning, Alex, what do you got for Houston's headlines? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: President Trump announced yesterday he's giving US car makers a break on his twenty five percent tariffs. After major automakers like GM and Ford warned the tariffs on vehicles from Mexico and Canada who'd hurt American factories, Trump agreed to give rebanate on those fees for two years. The idea is to give the companies time to move production back to the United States. Trump is still pushing a tough trade stance, including a possible two hundred percent tariff on Chinese made cars built in Mexico. Amazon confirmed yesterday that it will not display tariff charges on its site after backlash from the White House. The company had reportedly considered listing import fees on certain products to provide transparency about pricing increases due to the new tariffs. However, Jeff Bezos told President Trump yesterday that the idea was never approved and will not be implemented. Amazon clarified that the idea was only considered for its haul program, which competes with low cost retailers like Timu and Sheen, and was never intended for its main site. The company emphasized that no changes have been made to any of its platforms regarding the tariff changes. The government admitted that the Navy lost a really expensive fighter jet after it slipped off a moving aircraft carrier last week. The jet was worth between sixty and seven twenty million dollars and the Navy says that it was an F eighteen Super Hornet fighter jet and then it.
Speaker 1: Rolled off the USS Harry S.
Speaker 3: Truman after the ship reportedly came under fire from hoothy rebels from Yemen.
Speaker 1: So now the jet just sits at the bottom of the Red Sea.
Speaker 3: One sailor suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident, but thankfully there were no other injuries. Just sixty to seventy million dollars gone ouch sale. Later, right over the side, a brawl broke out at a Beyonce concert on the opening night of her Calgary Carter tour in La Fans were caught on cameras shoving and kicking each other after an argument turned violent in the vip area of Sofi Stadium in Inglewood, California on Monday night, sant Texas. It's California, and in California they brawl. Apparently TMC's got the video. Chile's putting that up on linksin. I haven't got a.
Speaker 1: Chance to check it out yet, but I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Dave Grohl surprise attendees at a Los Angeles school benefit fundraiser with a set of cover performances. The event featured Gorole delivering rendition of Queen and David Bowie's under Pressure LCD sound Systems New York. I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down and the Knacks My Sharona. This is a like the most random three songs you could probably put together on a cover set, but I like that. He was joined on stage by Luke Spiller and friend of the show from The Struts, and singer Lisa Lobe. It was all part of a fundraiser for a local school in the area. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I played to you re Lisa Lobe's song on the show yesterday. He did nineties soundtracks right from Reality Bites Yep for the movie Really Get that One. That's right. Astros are on.
Speaker 3: Fire, very hot, right now. They got another win last night, they beat the Tigers six to four, so there's sixteen and thirteen on the year so far. They wrap up their series with the Tigers this afternoon. AJ blue Ball is going to be on the mound for the Stros. He's going to be going up against Detroit Jackson. Jobi first pitches at one ten. You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: In basketball, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Rockets and Warriors play Game five their first round series tonight at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: It's do or die for the Rockets. They're down three to one in the series.
Speaker 3: Right now, they are four and a half point favorites coming into tonight's game. Tip Off is at six thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, let's go, All right, Chilli, I got a short song here to start out the show. Quick turnaround. If you want the first phone call, come get it. I need you dial in right now seven one, three, two, two, five nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on Wildcard Wednesday. Running out of April, kids, this is the last day of April. I believe help you're off to a great start to your day. I know we still come. Just stretching and big strap, big stretch, getting all the crowd out of your eye. Sockets six oh five. Chance of rain cloudy skuys today highs them around eighty five. Like most mornings, will be very very busy. Buzzfest tickets. Chili's got those backloaded on the show today. If you're looking to win those, we got them on know the show. That'd be the last thing we do before we get out of here. But I will be bugging you to vote. Bring on Buzzfest. That's the local band opportunity Saturday, May twenty fourth, brought to you by Love Street Blonde. You got to vote for the bands. Chili has them on links and guests. You can get to them on the mainframe at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: That's spent like an hour and a half looking at stuff.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Did you today?
Speaker 1: Today's my day that I'm going to really kind of get after it. I started. I started a couple of days ago and I'm like, most people are going in alphabetical order. It seems to be easier, and I'm making my notes and everything. Man, there's some good music out there.
Speaker 3: Let's trying to rank stuff. And then I'd be like, well, I don't know, do I like them better than them? And then I'd go back and look again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's some wicked talent here in Houston, and one band's going to get to bring on Buzzfest and it's going to be determined heavily by your vote. So make sure you long on and get your vote in there. So yeah, very very busy today. Phones are ringing.
Speaker 4: It's that time for the first.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan show.
Speaker 1: Well, and.
Speaker 2: Who's this usual?
Speaker 1: You're the guy that was on my Uh was I on your flight to Vegas to go see ac DC?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir, that is me.
Speaker 1: That is me all right. First of all, Israel is a huge Raiders fan. How did you become a Raiders fan? Man?
Speaker 5: I've been a Raiders fan since the seventies and we'll watch them growing up.
Speaker 1: They just had that look that you want to be a Raiders fan. I know their marketing is great. And then when you go to the airport in Vegas now alex Or everywhere you look, in every casino, everything, Raiders gear everywhere. They're so excited that they're so excited to have a football team there and the Raiders gear.
Speaker 2: It is cool. There's no doubt about it. It is awesome.
Speaker 3: So yeah, weeah, we got it. We got a club here.
Speaker 1: We got a club here called Stace City, Rador Nation.
Speaker 6: We do backpack drives also we drive.
Speaker 1: We're just with the community too. So a couple of things. We said hi to one another on the flight. You had already seen ac DC. That was your second time seeing them in Vegas. You went to the Dallas show, right, No, No, I went to Power Trip. Oh that's it. You went to Power Trip to go see them. That was the one where the Tool and all the metal bands were playing.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is your second time.
Speaker 1: How how would you rank because that was their first show back together in years, that Power Trip show. How would you rank the Vegas show against their first show back at Power Trip. I will say it was a little bit better because the Power Trip.
Speaker 6: One, you know, they was like not last minute, but they didn't have too many gigs under their shirt you go in the past three years and then this one right here.
Speaker 5: I think they killed it.
Speaker 1: Man, So this was the dude, Alex, I was telling you, so Brandon is you never sent me that picture. Nobody ever sends me the pictures today. Nobody ever sends the pictures that we take together. I even told you, I'm like, bro, you got to email me that picture. You never did. But you were wearing an ACDC T shirt, Alex. I told you at Mandalaid Bay, the pop up store two and a half hour weight. We talked to people in line Hall and I talk to people in line two and a half hour. Weaight to get into the store to buy a T shirt, to buy a sixty dollars T shirt, were then giving them away, Alex, That's why you waited two and a half hours. People waited in line to buy a shirt and spend lots of money on. So Israel's wearing this badass shirt. It is a Vegas specific shirt, which I thought was very very cool. And you said that you bought it at the concert. How long did you wait in line for that? Thirty forty minutes?
Speaker 7: Deadline was moving, man, it was a long line, but deadline was moving.
Speaker 1: Damn it waited. So hang on a second. So Israel's wearing this really cool shirt. A girlfriend gets on her phone, she takes a picture of it. She gets on her phone. Boom boom, boom boo boom. Fifty dollars later, she orders four shirts for Mama cash hands. So she dude, I don't know if I told you. She was able to find him online. So she did buy the shirts.
Speaker 3: But I remember you showed you told me that it was one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, we saw one on eBay.
Speaker 2: That's what I did.
Speaker 1: That's look the first the first one that came up, the shirt that you were wearing, The first one that came up on eBay. Some either jackass or super smart person had it up on eBay for one hundred and fifty bucks. I'm like, damn, I'm like, broke.
Speaker 2: You can go sell that shirt right now?
Speaker 1: All right? Are you gonna email me the picture of you and I Yes, sir, yes, right now? All right? Rod at the buzz dot com. Dude, good to hear from you, man, It was great traveling with you a little bit. Thank you, brother. Gotta take a break, let me come back and a rerec check for you. We'll find out which trending and we'll get set up for the Fresh Out of Bed.
Speaker 4: Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative and Home at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz A Ride, Welcome Back Everybody, wild Card Wednesday six eighteen. Cloudy sky is expected for most of today, up to a twenty percent chance of rain mid eighties. Come on, okay, Alex P. What do you see that's trending over there? Amazon is trending.
Speaker 3: They announced they are not going to include tariff charging increases or tariff charges on their website.
Speaker 2: After backlash in the White House, which leads me to.
Speaker 1: Believe is Sheen and TMU are they putting that on there?
Speaker 3: I could see that because the Chinese companies, so they're like they basically was just be like, oh, this is seven dollars now it used to be three dollars, but because of the tariffs, there's a four dollars tariff increase.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that does a lot of online shopping. Are you seeing this somewhere? Give me, give me somewhere to go look so I can see an example. Amazon is not going to do it. We talked about was it waffle House put they put on their menu of fifty cent charge per agg now charge? Yeah, and it was listed on the menu. So Amazon's not going to do it all right? What else is trending? UPS?
Speaker 3: Layoffs? UPS is reportedly cutting twenty thousand jobs after a reduction in Amazon shipment. So they were partially delivering Amazon packages. Now that deals kind of over, and I guess Amazon's just focusing more on delivering stuff themselves. So UPS that sucks that they're they're gonna have to lay off so many people.
Speaker 1: I know, we have a lot of people that work at UPS and listen to us. I hope you're not affected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. And then Yiannis attentive Coupo is trending. The Bucks forward and Center was in an altercation with Pacers guard Tyrese Haliburton's father yesterday after the Pacers knocked the Bucks out of the playoffs. Tyrese Haliburton later said like, yeah, I don't know what my dad was doing. That was out of line. He should not have done that.
Speaker 1: Oh, this wasn't the cart a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came down to the court, got in his face. And then it was a very like gianness intented. Coop was a very big man. I would not want to know.
Speaker 1: Go at him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's just trending on night. Provide the butt.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'm hoping this victory speech works.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. It's the Cinderella story.
Speaker 1: Kyle.
Speaker 3: I am. You're fresh out of bed head to head two day champions. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, if you think you can beat this guy seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 4: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: There we go, rand Name, ninety four to five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Always a smile on my face, will be sneaking a little offspring. Pretty fly for a white dude. Six twenty four. Cloudy skies today and tonight. Twenty percent chance of rain throughout the day, high of eighty five.
Speaker 2: Kyle's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Somebody calling in, it says a lot of people calling in. Uh, okay, we got somebody to play him.
Speaker 4: Go in.
Speaker 6: Now It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. Okay, Kyle, good morning, Good morning, your little Cinderella story continues. Huh yes, sir, all right, what are we doing here? You're going for win number three?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where we find out if you're for real. Yeah, you know, you get the Cinderella story game. Boom, everybody. Everybody heard that, and then okay, guy won a second game. He's got it in him. This is where you show us what you got. Kyle, all right, all right, Mark says, it stops with him. Hi, Mark, Hey, we're going Oh hi Mark, Mark, it's been a while, Chilli says, it's been a long time since you play. Where are these people coming from? Where have you been? It's been a hard time getting in, man, is it? Chili? Is he not picking up? He's not answered for me. He's not. He doesn't like you, he told me. He's like, I don't like that. Mark.
Speaker 3: Huh uh.
Speaker 1: Has it really been over a year since you played? Yes, there's been a probably about two years.
Speaker 2: Two years.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, dude, you deserve better. Okay, I don't know if truly heard that. This guy listens every day. We've been trying to call for two years. Well let's give him one of these. Oh him, Mark Okay, welcome back. Mark, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win the tickets to go see Pierce the Mail. I can't hear you tour sleeping with sirens and beach weather. So it's a pretty great ticket. Mark. It would be a nice welcome home. You know, ready, Okay, says he's ready. Kyle, You ready, Yes, sir, Okay. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here comes your questions, Alex, don't answer. He's not for you. These are for Kyle and Mark. Shout out your name, Mark and Kyle. Question number one, What sport has end zones and touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Kyle? Football? Yeah, it's our.
Speaker 1: Alex, not that stuff that you keep talking about over the over the pond. It's soccer.
Speaker 3: I call it soccer.
Speaker 1: That's okay, good, All right, here we go. Mark, you right behind him, little rusty, Little rusty. It's okay. You got to get in there on this one though. Here comes your question, according to a popular saying, what do April showers bring in May? Mark?
Speaker 7: Kyle, Mark Flowers, welcome back to the game. Flowers. He got you, Kyle, yep, you got you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I even knew that one. Anyways, you're not familiar with April showers bring May flowers? Mm hmmm, where do you live? Where do you live?
Speaker 8: Kyle?
Speaker 1: Cypress? Okay, well then all right, I'll give you a pass. The Cypressens aren't big on the April shommers and the mayflowers. Cypressites. Here we go for the wind. Come on, Mark and Kyle. Here's your question. What round object orbits.
Speaker 2: The earth and is visible at?
Speaker 3: Mark? Got him just a second floor?
Speaker 2: You got Mark on that?
Speaker 1: Mark the moon show me the moon. Yle is out. You guys get the moon in Cypress. Yep, he's not.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: He got you. He got you just I'm telling you. He just edged you out. Kyle, you were fun. Man.
Speaker 2: I hope you call back, all right, I will definite.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, work on some of those old sayings. Hey, Mark, Yeah, after two years you showed us a little something there. Great game today? You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Heck?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: All right, and for your first win in two years, pierced the veil tickets are headed your way. You can keep adding, you can keep adding to your prizes like the next four days. Okay, I'm ready, way to go. Welcome home by We don't need your attitude. We have one of our own story The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four The Buzz, Come on, come on ninety four or five the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's three days, Grace, it's six point thirty two wild Card Wednesday. You said you were talking about Amazon in your Houston headlines and in trending, so it is a big story. Amazon is saying that they are not going to list specific price increases because of the tariff. Due to tariffs, this now cost this. I asked people if they saw it on websites. Matt says, well, listen the terror stuff that you're talking about. I've seen it so far from my vendors. He works in construction safety and the things that he's ordered. He said, I've gotten a quote due to tariff's message from them saying prices have increased. He said he's loving the show this morning. I did go to Timu dot com and I just looked at I see as a premium butcher knife set, Japanese cleaver X style Viking chopper. This is kind of stuff I look at. High carbon steel ideal for me camping barbecue with the sheath. It's thirty six dollars. It's almost sold out. Says it's twenty three percent off right now. So there is no mention of tariff on that particular piece of cutlery. Okay, I told you I bought a couple of I bought a couple of big chopping knives, samurai sword. I forgot what they were. Hells laughing at me, dude, carbon steel. They were cheap. I know they're not good. I know they're not good, but.
Speaker 2: They look so cool awesome.
Speaker 1: You see me chopping at home. Dude, I'm a beast. I'm a beast over there. That's where. That's what I call you, all right. So I'm sure Alex have be mentioned in that later on in the show that he's a beast. We gotta do, champion, this guy might be a.
Speaker 6: Beast, a fresh out of bed head to head chute. Here's your current champion, good and.
Speaker 9: Everybody, Mark.
Speaker 1: And when I say back on it's been over two years, Philly, I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day doing me on Thursday win number two. He's making sure Chili heard him that. Hey, it's been over two years. Since I've been on like it's on Chili, Like, hey Chili, you realize it's been two years since I played this baseball. I mean, he is the gatekeeper. He's the guy that gets the people on to play the game.
Speaker 3: He's not the call but get through to us.
Speaker 1: He's got to answer. They got a call, He's got an answer. He's got to answer those phones.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: What do I have?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got some of those ghost tickets coming up for you.
Speaker 9: It's got fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddy's it's the fun.
Speaker 1: That's the day. There's some fun facts for you today. This I thought was pretty interesting. I hope you find it interesting as well. Millions of Americans, including our very own Bush Family from here in the Houston area, right, I'm familiar with them, direct descendants of one dude from the Mayflower who fell overboard and only survived by grabbing a rope. No rope, no Bush family, and millions of other Americans one dude may Flow. Is that interesting?
Speaker 3: No, you might not even have baked beans.
Speaker 1: That guys, not that Bush family, Jackie, the same guy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not rolled out.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it is millions of Americans, one dude on the Mayflower, all from that ball bag. Ball bag, that's what I was thinking. Americans eat about twenty percent more calories than people in Sweden.
Speaker 3: That is funny.
Speaker 1: That is the equivalent of two whole cheesecakes a week. Wow, that's how much more we eat than the average person in Sweden.
Speaker 2: All right, how about those sweets.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this and I don't know anything about it, and I am throwing it out there because I hope somebody can explain it to be the number one eighty seven. Do you know that the number one eighty seven is connected connected to murder in any in any way, shape or form. Yeah, the number one eighty seven became connected to murder because section one eighty seven of the California California Penal Code legally defines murder in that section. That's neat. Like, if I don't get on this fresh out of bed head to head, we're gonna have a one eighty seven on our hands. I never heard that reference before. A seven on MF COP. What is that?
Speaker 3: It was a sublime song?
Speaker 1: Aha, twenty second nineteen ninety Okay, you're putting it together. Now I've never heard that reference.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the fuck that.
Speaker 3: To the day.
Speaker 1: All right. Tickets to go Seeing Ghost August sixteenth, the Skeletor World Tour twenty twenty five will be at the Toyota Center. Tickets around sale at the Toyota Center box office, or you go to Toyda Center dot com, or you can win them from us.
Speaker 3: It's your fun fact.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Michelle's fun facts from yesterday. She gave me some real good ones. At any one time, approximately zero point seven percent of the world's population is this seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash.
Speaker 1: All right, hell, how are you? I'm pretty good.
Speaker 2: How'd we do a Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was a little bit of green yesterday. Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Dow was up three hundred points kick off this morning at forty thousand and five twenty seven, NASTAC up ninety five to seventeen thy four hundred and sixty one.
Speaker 1: Bench MARTINR.
Speaker 5: Treasury's trading at a four point one five percent Oil stands at sixty dollars and two cents of barrel to the most actors, the big studs honeywell Sherwin Williams and Amjen the Big Duds, United Health, Chevron and Mickey Dies on the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on personal income for March right now, futures. Hey on the upside, hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I met here.
Speaker 5: This is how lift and then he's directed with Ran James Porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymon James on San Felipe Augusta.
Speaker 1: Don't get toys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 4: Opinions expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Thank come ever, NYC, SIBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. That it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to youran. This program is or educational and informational services. On mostes it does are based on the movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Fun Oh, Gilbert, Gilbert, what's up? Is this the Gilbert Show? Yeah? No, rod Ron sho bro okay, yeah, this is just another Gilbert. Hey, Gilbert, we're doing the fun fat flashback right now. This fun fact came in from Michelle said, at any one time, about zero point seven percent of the world's population. Is this what is this?
Speaker 3: Show?
Speaker 1: Me? Drum yeah, dude, drump coo Yeah, yeah, Gilbert, who's with you?
Speaker 2: You sound like you're at a party.
Speaker 5: A man, I'm with my buddy.
Speaker 1: God Man. We've been found to get on. Y'all shove forever. Bro Well, Gilbert and Josh listen, Gilbert, I'm gonna give you the ghost tickets August sixteen, Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: You bring who you want.
Speaker 1: But Josh sounds like a good time, all right.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, bro.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I appreciate you. Guys.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 1: Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety four point five, The Bus Station from iHeart.
Speaker 6: Radio, The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, Wake Out the.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz minuskin beggin Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: All right, what have we got here?
Speaker 1: I got some Coheat tickets for you next hour The Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips tickets at eight twenty alternative income. My goodness, Chili said to poke you guys again about signing up for Read my Lips before we leave the show today. We're gonna choose one of you to come down and play Read my Lips. You're gonna take on the Chile tomorrow. So if you want to play read my Lips, there's some instructions and there Chili has a link up for you on the wordf World Famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of rate Let's come out throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Claudis guys throughout the day, high up around eighty five.
Speaker 2: Hello Alex, what he got for Houston?
Speaker 3: Telloh ride?
Speaker 1: Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: President Trump announced yesterday he's giving US car makers a break on his twenty five percent tariffs. After major ridder makers like GM and Ford warned tariffs and vehicles from Mexico and Canada could hurt American factories, Trump agreed to give rebates on those fees for two years The idea is to give the companies time to move their production back to the United States. Trump is still pushing a tough trade stance, including impossible two hundred percent tariff on Chinese made cars built in Mexico. UPS is making big changes to its operations. The company's planning to cut approximately twenty thousand jobs and close seventy three facilities by the end of June this year. This decision follows a recent agreement with Amazon to reduce the volume of shipments that UPS handles for the e commerce giant by over fifty percent by the second half of next year. Although Amazon remains UPS's largest customer, CEO Carol tome Now noted that the business is not the most profitable and described it as a dilutive to the company's US operations. The clock is ticking when it comes to Mother's Day gifts, but he's still haven't shopped for the mom in your life. We're moms in your life. New research suggests that you might not have to. A new survey reveals that what moms really want for Mother's Day this year is a nap.
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna get in trouble on this one. Yeah, I think they want stuff. I also think that too, but the nap is important. I think so creating like a space where they can give them some time. I still think you got to follow that up with some flowers or a dinner or something. Moms get hurt.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, be careful on this advice.
Speaker 3: Sandals Resort who I've been to sales Jamaica and no big deal. They talked to more than six hundred moms about their wish lists for their special holiday and learned that sleep was what they wanted most. Fort nine percent of moms call a nap with no one needing you the ultimate luxury, and over sixty percent of moms say that they'd be happy to trade presents for the chance to sleep. Nearly two thirds of moms say they haven't had a nap in the last month, and a quarter of them can't even remember the last time they napped. So maybe let your mom get a little rest of mothers they but also get her an actual present along with that. Hey, here's a gift once you open it when you when you wake up.
Speaker 2: I triple dog dare you to give them a coupon.
Speaker 3: It's Mother's Day one for her, it's her first Mother's Day, dude, I gotta go all out.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: No, you know I'll be like here, I'm gonna leave you alone. But here's some gifts you. I wanna say they care, We're and go do stuff. You have your you do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: All you have to listen to the guy on the radio just make a coupon and said, good for one nap, happy mother, Happy first Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I am absolutely not gonna play that game, so I gotta do all aye. I'll give her the nap.
Speaker 1: I'm also to get each other stuff, so I'm not gonna you better back it up in some wild You better back it up with some mothers now. Good luck if you're.
Speaker 3: Just giving her nap, especially if you don't live with your mom anymore.
Speaker 1: It's Shelley for Mother's Day. I'm gonna give you a nap.
Speaker 3: Carrie Underwood wore a dress on American Idol that she wore the year that she won season four of the show twenty years ago. She was twenty two years old when she wore the dress for the first time. It's a floey green and orange leopard print dress, and she brought it back because all of the contestants on the show were singing songs from past seasons. She's had two kids since the first time she wore the dress and still looked amazing. Oh my god, I mean when does when does she not? She looks amazing, She looks unbelieved. It's crazy, Hosh.
Speaker 1: This was Carrie Underwood that played the company party.
Speaker 3: Right. Oh yeah, one point seven or eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: You found out about the price source. Yeah, we got an email and a guy maybe they wanted Garth Brooks. It was like five mili on Monday. Some guy said, yeah, my wife's party. They had some kind of one hundred anniversary for their company and it was a hush hush thing. We all were standing around. They said, hey, here's your live entertainment, and Carrie Underwood came walking out.
Speaker 3: I have a friend that was like, I was at that party. That's my company And I was like, what interesting. And then he got back to me yesterday and said it was like one point seven or one point eight million.
Speaker 1: Pole question, how many of us could fit into something that we wore twenty years ago today, on this date, twenty years ago, I still.
Speaker 3: Wear so when of the giants win games, I wear the same shirt that I wore every time they won when I was in middle school.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I was going to come across as a brag.
Speaker 1: It's okay. It would be way too big. Yeah whatever. Yeah, whatever I wore twenty years ago today would be way too big.
Speaker 3: I've worn thirty thirty jeans for pretty much in high school.
Speaker 1: A thirty waist, yeah, just leave in high school. So where I'm saying, I will finish the show by myself, Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Two bands in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class If twenty twenty five are not sure if they're going to be performing at the induction ceremony. Health issues might keep bad company watching a tribute by someone else. Drummer Simon Kirk alluded to strokes suffered by lead singer.
Speaker 1: Paul Rodgers and guitarist Mick Ralphs.
Speaker 3: There's a rumor going around that Kirk and Rodgers will perform, though bassist Raymond boss Burrell died back in two thousand and six. Soundgarden hasn't performed an official show since the death of Chris Cornell in twenty seventeen. In an interview with Billboard, guitarist Kim Fayal says that the band needs to make sure that they're able to provide the proper reverence for Cornell and the band to make sure that they're going to pui. I feel like they're both going to end up doing something. And we already said it the other day. Cornell's Daughter's gonna sing Wow, proper reverence, is it not?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's your daughter just welcoming you into the Hall of Fame for some guard You know what you gotta worry about. The drummer, Matt Cameron is the drummer of Pearl Jam and they're busy. They're playing this Saturday.
Speaker 3: This Friday night like it's the rock and roll Hall of him. Eddie'll be.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is they probably already have a schedule. Hopefully they're available, Hopefully he's available and he's free that night. It's very important that Matt Cameron plays the drums that night. For Sound Guarden, you need all surviving members, so I mean his drumming there. His drumming is very important. They did do a show not that long ago and they had a chick singing. Remember the first official show. I think they did pay a one off like, hey, this is the performance. Yeah, they did something recently that a chick singing.
Speaker 3: Was it like a full show though, or was it just like if you play a song. I don't think that considers You can't say you performed, but it's not a full show unless you're doing a set.
Speaker 2: We all want the daughter to sing.
Speaker 3: It's the most logical thing we've heard her sing before. She's amazing, but she's ballady, Okay?
Speaker 1: Can she sing spoon Man? Probably?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I would imagine that everybody could pretty much sing like what your dad did, Like you know your dad's catalog if you're also a musician, Right, that's my problem.
Speaker 1: I sing like my dad. It's awful headline. I think you're right. All right, let's go Astros will a win like Jacob.
Speaker 3: Nole crushed it and he was singing the bomb songs when he was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I sing just like my dad. Damn it. Dad.
Speaker 3: Astro's got another win last night. They beat the Tigers six to four.
Speaker 1: They're sixteen and three or sixteen and thirteen on the year so far. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Tigers this afternoon.
Speaker 3: AJ Blue Ball is gonna make his first major league start with Destros. He'll be going up against Detroit s Jackson Jobe first pitches at one to ten and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: In basketball, come.
Speaker 3: On, rock and Warriors played Game five of their first round series tonight at the Toyota Center. Golden State's up three games to one. They must win for the Rockets, they're four and a half point favorites heading into tonight's game. Tip Off is gonna be at six thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right, Well, I see you're not fully out. You got some astros Garbon right, we got Rockets, Scar, I'm sorry, Rockets Fine, So like we win tonight, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think we win this series. Wow, They're tough. They're tough to come back from three to one.
Speaker 1: You're tough to come back from. Probably The Rod Ryan Morning Show six The Buzz ninety four The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining the show, Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. We're gonna be busy this hour. I got Coheat tickets. Uh, they're playing with Taking Back Sunday, September eighth, seven, one and three Music Hall. After the break, we'll get you started dialing in to win those tickets.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park starts the hour.
Speaker 1: Caught up with Radio Wizard on the phone yesterday. You know, I gotta get I gotta take all the heat for you, guys. I gotta take the heat for you guys. Okay, I'm taking grenades every day for you, guys. Say He did say he went to go see Lincoln Park in Austin over the weekend, guys, jet setting all over the place. That's the second time he's seen Lincoln Park with Emily Now. He said, they're right million time. I know he's seen him twice. I haven't seen him once yet with this, with this new lineup. And he kind of backed up what many people said. He said, there's just something about Mike Shanoda right now. He is so happy. He is so smiley on stage. Not that he had no Chester was his best friend. So I'm not trying to start that. I'm just saying that he looks so happy to be back, and he's happy with what Emily's doing. And this the way that the fans are reacting and everything. A lot of people have really just said that. Mike Shanoda is just glowing on stage right now. And he said they were great. He said they were great. He said the fans were singing some deeper cuts.
Speaker 2: He said, there was.
Speaker 1: A lot of young people at the show.
Speaker 3: That's good. He had somebody call Friday, their kid's first show is Lynchad Park. I'm earlier taking him to that.
Speaker 2: The girls birthday.
Speaker 1: She couldn't get to sign in. Yeah, so it was her birthday and then even her younger brother it was their first rock concert.
Speaker 3: That's pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome. It's so great.
Speaker 1: Like a park come to Houston.
Speaker 2: Please do it? Please come to Houston.
Speaker 3: So I want to see you.
Speaker 1: Can we go back? Just I don't want to go back. I always want to kind of move forward. But those fun facts today, the one eighty seven associated with murder. I didn't know where that was going, but apparently it's the California penal code one eighty seven for murder. And I said, but I don't know that to be a big reference. Well, you had mentioned that Sublime had said it in a song Boy Emails going Crazy, Brother Ron. If you ever saw the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester Saloone, Wesley Snipe, Sandra Bullock, they say code one eighty seven several times in the movie Murdered Death Kill one eighty seven. Snoop Dogg said it in a dre song way in Deep Cover, wait before Sublime did. Okay, I'm not surprised at that. There's a movie, Alex. The movie is called one eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, it's song. We don't know all of these movies.
Speaker 1: I have not seen every piece of film ever. Samuel Jackson ever heard of them. There's a movie called one eighty seven. It's the murder Code all right, Snakes on a playing a fun facts fun Facts.
Speaker 3: April twenty nine, nineteen ninety two was about the Rodney King riots. That's Sublime singing about even though I think you happen on April twenty second, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Ninety two, Or did they get the date wrong in the song?
Speaker 3: I think so because they say a different date in the song than they do April twenty six, ninety ninet two. But the song is called April twenty nineth nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Interesting, All right, let me let me go up against the break here. I do have a maybe the silliest pole question ever. Well, no, the chuck and chugga chow chow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was pretty silly.
Speaker 1: Chugga chuggy chugga chug chugg it chuggy chugg and chuggy.
Speaker 3: Chew's that with the wizard call?
Speaker 1: Was You're like, hey, I just want to let you know doing to the chugger chuggers? Any uh? I want to talk about that pole question chuggle, the chugg a choot chew? That was? What the hell was that? That was dumb than hooker or horse race?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that coming back?
Speaker 1: I don't know. People have been asking for hooker or horse race. There's a big horse race this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited for it. The derby.
Speaker 1: When you're baking a cake, you might be baking a cake soon. I don't know. You got Mother's Day. It's Emma's first Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am very nervous about it. I have plans, okay, and I don't know if she's on a way to work here.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't have to say that.
Speaker 3: I have plans but like, I'm very nervous about pulling off everything.
Speaker 1: If you were to bake a cake for her, or your mom famously made a cake when you were going to prompt, you could make the bunny cakes something somebunny is excited about your first Mother's Day. I think that bunny could go. I think that bunny is hey, it plays. She would have appreciated it.
Speaker 3: The girl that I went to problem at that time did not appreciate it, right, but but she Emma is amazing, so she would appreciate it, and she'd be like, you cook a cake for me, thank you.
Speaker 1: I feel like the bunny cake is underutilized and it can be used all year round, even though you hate on it. No, you hate it on it. I don't hate on it.
Speaker 2: I love it, but you hate it on on it.
Speaker 1: Somebunny loved it, and I like bringing it up all the time that you used that to ask somebody to prom or whatever or homecoming. If you were to make a bunny cake, would you top it with icing or frosting? It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, you're right because icing is like centamon roal icing.
Speaker 1: It's the icing on the cake that's the saying. It's not the frosting on the cake, Like, oh, that's the icing on the cake, you know, like when it's this thing that finishes it off. It's the icing on your ca Would you ice that cake or would you frost it? I'm a frosting guy. I put frosting on it. Frosting, Yeah, I'd put frosting on it. Frosting, Like lick the frosting off the beat when you're you know, from the blender. They're not the beater, the mixer's that's what's left over.
Speaker 3: You don't put frosting on a beater.
Speaker 1: Frosting on a beater. That's the name of an album from the Posies. I believe frosting on the beacher.
Speaker 3: You've done it wrong. Isn't frosting the last thing you put on? You wouldn't have it on a beater. You'd have the mix on the beat.
Speaker 1: Beat you brought her, you know, you know you make the cake mix in the in the no, but then you make the frosting afterwards.
Speaker 3: That's the last the beer on in that Like, where where does the beater touch the frosting You've already.
Speaker 2: Done in the bowl.
Speaker 3: You put it together, then you cook it. You bake it and then you put the frosting on top.
Speaker 1: Homemade frosting. Bro Oh, you're thinking about taking out of I see you. You're saying it's off out of a can for Maade frosting. You licked the frosting off the beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put iceing is on a cupcake?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh, now you're getting specific.
Speaker 2: Iceing's on a cupcake. That's the pole question today.
Speaker 1: It's on the X at rod Ryan Show, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All Ride.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody on this wild card Wednesday. Angela who always listens in Florida on the iHeartRadio app. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate long distance love. Brother Rod.
Speaker 1: Your discussion just now with Alex about cake frosting, icing, mixers, beaters definitely belongs on the Best of the Rod Ryans Show. Oh, I'm glad you liked it. So when you're making a cake, do you top it with icing or frosting? Sixty two percent of our audience icing, thirty seven percent of our audience frosting. I wonder if it's regional. It might be you know, pop soda, one of those Yeah, one of those deals. Cloudy Sky's twenty percent chance of rain high of eighty five. I'm a frosting guy. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Well, Wildcard Wednesday is trending. Gabrielle Ziniga is our wild Card Wednesday feature and people are checking her out and talking about her. Can you see her at the World Finished Rode Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go take a look.
Speaker 3: ANYA playoffs are trending. People talking about the games from last night. They're getting ready for the games tonight, like the Rockets taking on the Warriors in Game five. It's a must win for the Rockets. But yeah, NBA playoffs are very hot right now. And then this is not a joke. Seymour Wiener is trending. He's a Mets super fan that passed away at the age of ninety eight. He went viral a couple of years ago. They were honoring military service and.
Speaker 1: The dude's real name, Seymour Wiener, his.
Speaker 3: Legal name is Seymour Wiener, and he was honored before a Mets game that obviously goes viral on the internet. And then when it came out that he passed away, the Mets honored him last night at their game and we're like.
Speaker 2: His sister was his sister, Cee Lester.
Speaker 3: I do not know his sister's name or if he had his sister because Seymour Wiener rip, that's just training on night befy the bus right.
Speaker 1: I got tickets to Coheed and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven one to three music call called her number ten seven one three.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four the Bus, twenty.
Speaker 1: Four the buzz. Dave Roll, he's on the music blog page. I think he's done this over the years though. He must do some kind of thing. He must be tied to some school locally in his neighborhood. And he hopped up there on stage and he did something with Luke Spiller from the Struts, and they went up there and did did you say my Sharona was one of the songs that yeah, an NELCD sound system and they did under Freshion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really bizarre cover songs.
Speaker 1: Boy, you want to talk about making some money that PTA is rocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: PTA calls up Dave Roll and he comes out. I thought my kid, I thought my kid's school. PTA was strong. You had Dave Roll on the ringer to come out and perform to raise some funds. They must have the best playground ever at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how were they not?
Speaker 1: Cloudy's guys today? Twenty percent chance of rain high of eighty five. Make sure you check out the music blog page. Can you go to the phone's here?
Speaker 3: Real quick?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Well hello, who's this Amanda? Is it icing or frosting? End it for me right now? End this whole debate. When you are.
Speaker 2: Baking a king, do you top it with icing or frosting?
Speaker 1: Frosting? My girl, your call her ten?
Speaker 3: All right? Now we can give the ticket.
Speaker 1: Seriously, yeah, oh oh my god.
Speaker 2: Even though thank you.
Speaker 1: Even though you're in the minority. More people that listen to the Rod Ryan Show that are on Twitter for x sixty three percent call it icing, thirty six percent call it frosting. I call it frosting. Amanda, You didn't.
Speaker 2: All you had to be was call her ten.
Speaker 1: And you are. I'm gonna give you the tickets to cohed Cambria taking Back Sunday, September eight, seventy one to three Music Hall. Oh my god, thank you so much, Rod Oh mg, Amanda, thank you so much, thank you very much. All right, hang on the phone for me, okay, yes, thank you man, that is cool. Yes, she is thirty songs about mom for Mother's Day. There's a link up today. I mean, I don't know if you're putting together a mom playlist? Was it planning on it? I can I'd imagine you want to put like her favorite songs on there, and not just songs like I don't think Danzing's on your wife's.
Speaker 2: Playlist if you.
Speaker 3: Don't have your girl like already a playlist, like, what are.
Speaker 1: You doing right now? What about your mom? You think your mom?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Danzig did make the list thirty songs about mom's from Mother's Day. Uh, they're in no particular order. The Beatles, let it be, it's about mom. Just Carrie Underwood. I mean, this is all genres of music. Ozzy Osbourne, Mom, I'm coming Home.
Speaker 3: That would have been popular one I would have matched.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What I added to the list. I asked Chilly to add a couple. Did we ever use this for Throwback Thursday? Tracy Bonham mother, mother? Are you familiar with this song? I haven't heard it before late nineties. It didn't make the lists Billboard put this together, so I figured, well I could add to Billboard's list, so I put this on there, and I also put Lenny Kravitz on there. He's got a couple of songs about his mom.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is Mama said Metallica.
Speaker 1: We didn't have Lenny Kravitz. Well, oh, we Always on the Run. I think it's the name of the song. I think I might have called it, Mama said, I forgot about this Metallica song. Yeah, Lenny Kravitz. Do we have Always on the Run? We might not even have. They said, well, I'll go with the Tracy Bonham here.
Speaker 3: Days like this Van Morrison, he said about his Mamma told me there'd be days after Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mother's a little helper rolling stones, which is about drugs. Mother's little Helper I think is a pill that the moms used to take happy pills. All right, you said that it is your wife's first Mother's Day, So let's get this out of the way. You're recognizing that it's your wife's first mother's Day. You have to take care of her.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know there's some stoneheads out there, there's some cement heads out there that it's like this, my mom.
Speaker 3: My daughter cannot give her a gift. She is ten months old.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe there are people that still hold their ground on that. That's wild. Yes, it is wild. And there are people I.
Speaker 3: Did not birth a child. Are you birthed my child? Or you are the mother of my child?
Speaker 1: There are dudes out there. It's like, no, no, no, I take care of my mom. That's my wife. Okay. We have anniversaries, we have birthdays, we have Christmas, we have everything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of sign up for that.
Speaker 1: When you're knock here up, I think twice sometimes, Hey, hey, who's got another one on the way. He's got lots, we're all dog.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like, my daughter was born June fifteenth, and I think June sixteenth was Father's Day last year, and so it's really like I felt bad because then they was like, well, happy Father's she's she just gave birth, can we not today? Not today? It was like I was in the hospital, she's just recovering from birth, and they're like, what, hey, dad, happy Father's Day. Huh.
Speaker 1: Well, just so you know, and I know that you said you've got plans. I'm not going to ask you for your plans because I want to keep it. I don't know when she's listening. I don't want to ruin it, but she.
Speaker 2: Listens now because she drives to work.
Speaker 1: Big day on Sunday, Right, mother, say next sund next Sunday, on next Sunday. Americans are planning to spend thirty four point one billion with a bee this year, according to the National Retail Federation's annual Mother's Day Survey. That translates to around two hundred and fifty nine dollars each flowers, jewelry, on shoutings, experiences to celebrate the special moms in your lives. Two fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Is the average that, honestly, tie doesn't seem that bad. Well, if your flowers are a million dollars, if you go out to eat, that's a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Do good call on flowers or a million dollars? Now they are mean like, oh yeah, you want them to delivered on Mother's Day? Good luck, buddy.
Speaker 3: It's a fifty dollars delivery charge, even if you ordered it a month ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flowers can come. I mean, somebody tell me if I'm wrong on this, but Mother's Day flowers can come starting Wednesday, because sometimes sometimes they deliver buds and they're not open yet yeah, so there's there's that. There's that play too. So you wanted to look nice for Sunday. But if I mean, stop me if I'm wrong. I think the Mother's Day flowers can come anytime that week. For Mother's Day, you.
Speaker 3: Could put yourself out one hundred of the two fifty just on flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can easily. And then you got to eat.
Speaker 3: That's what's one seventy that is encount what you already got her.
Speaker 1: My mom's flowers will be one hundred and ten dollars. Yeah, easily delivered to where she's at and at the home in Niagara falls one hundred and ten hundred twenty bucks just for that. I don't know. I don't have to take her out to eat. I can't.
Speaker 2: I would if I could. Oh yeah, two fifty nine is easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two fifty nine is easy. Just a little fun fact. Maybe not so fun fact. Okay, average spent on Dad's I was surprised that it was that much. To be honest with you, we know that Father's Day is a second tier holiday. That's fine. We get it. We get it. I don't know that it's fine, but it just is.
Speaker 2: It is. Let's just focus on the Mom's next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Get your act together, everybody, and if you're not spending two fifty nine, well, well average you hate Why do you hate your mom?
Speaker 3: So a rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: The Bush ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Shoo on a Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: You know that Wildcard chick is rumored to be uh.
Speaker 3: Chili was song just before that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, the that is bringing the allegations to Shannon Sharp. Right now, that's who the Wildcard Wednesday is. If you don't know what's going on with Shannon Sharp, google it. Okay, it's wild, too much to talk. It's wild. She's young though, huh she's twenty twenty one. Thanks, Yeah, all right, well this is what Shannon Sharp was having fun with legend. Well, no, no, no, he was having fun with her. He just said it was whether it was consensual or not, right, right, He was absolutely having a great time with her. We know this song, this is it, I was calling it. Mama said, this is the Leny Kravitz The Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 2: Album is called.
Speaker 1: Mama said, the song is called Always on the Run. I think this is the first time that he worked with that slash on guitar. Dude. Yeah, it sounds like Slash save some pe for the rest of us.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You got Slash and Lenny Kravitz on stage at the same time.
Speaker 2: And he's just the two coolest dudes ever.
Speaker 1: Have you've seen his new Bahamas commercial.
Speaker 3: It does Yeah, it's just like they probably gave a billion dollars and he gets a hang out to the Bahamas all the time. He's just I'm shirtless. Look how ripped I am.
Speaker 2: He lives there, He already lived there.
Speaker 1: So I imagine maybe a little tax break.
Speaker 2: For doing the commercial.
Speaker 3: I had to pay tax this right, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: Slash on guitar. We should be putting this in the throwback with horns for me, the horns, right, God, it's so good, so good. All right. We were talking a little Mother's Day. There is a Mother's Day playlist.
Speaker 2: It's all your.
Speaker 1: Favorite mother's songs, moms songs. It's like Billboard put it together. It was a top thirty, but I added this one. I added this one, the Tracy Bottom. I added dancing already had made the list world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com and named I Think with the Shannon Sharp bombshell. Help. I think a few people might go look at that Wildcard Wednesday today. I'm going right now Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 4: Rod The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: The o' grotton goes hard at the end. That that was one of the one of the bands that was added to the band list right before we made the T shirts.
Speaker 3: We had added it to it, didn't they.
Speaker 1: Did we do a dumb pole question what's the best way to eat potatoes? It sounds like something we would do on this show. And some girl called in and said, Rod o grotton goes hard every time I hear that, and shine down when he's shredding at the end of that one song that we're playing now, It's like, yeah, ogroden goes hard right at the end there. Good morning, everybody, help your off to a great start to your day. Wild Card Wednesday. Only this silly show would debate icing or frosting on the X Right now at Rod Ryan's show, I cannot believe there's more icing people than frosting people. I really cannot claude Skys twenty percent chance to rain higher eighty five next hour, modest mouse flaming lipsticks. Right now, you got Alex with Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: President Trump announced yesterday that he's giving US car makers a break on his twenty five percent tariffs. After major automakers like GM and Ford warn the tariffs on vehicles from Mexico and Canada could hurt American factories, Trump agreed to give rebates on those fees for two years. The idea behind this is to give the companies time to move their production back to the United States. Trump is still pushing a tough trades dance, including a possible two hundred percent tariff on Chinese made cars in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Amazon confirmed yesterday, hold on, go ahead, give me, give me a little clear clear that frog in my throat? You go.
Speaker 3: Amazon confirmed yesterday that it will not display tariff charges on its site after backlash for the White House. The company had reportedly considered enlisting import fees on certain products to provide transparency about price increases due to new tariffs. However, Jeff Bezos told President Trump yesterday that the idea was never approved and it will not be implemented. Amazon clarified that the idea was only considered for its haul program, which competes with low cost retailers like Timu and Sheen, and was never intended for the main site. The company emphasized that no changes had been made to any of its platforms regarding tariff changes. The US government admitted that the Navy lost a really expensive fighter jet after it slipped off a moving aircraft carrier last week. The jet was worth between sixty and seventy million dollars. The Navy says that it was an F eighteen Super Hornet fighter jet and that it rolled off the USS Harry S. Truman after the ship reported they came under fire from hoothy rebels in Yemen or from Yemen.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a team of people that are in charge of securing that plane down, But you know that there's one person that is more important than everyone that didn't put the parking brake on, that didn't do something, that didn't put the hook on, didn't secure the rope or the chain or whatever. I'm sure there's there's a bunch of people, there's maybe a team of people to look at here, but there's one guy. Yeah, there's one guy that had the one job. It's it's the classic you had one job.
Speaker 3: How do you spend sixty or seventy million on a fighter jet that can't like just not go in the water like you should have like a hey, am I about to fall in water?
Speaker 1: Have like a smart feature.
Speaker 3: It seems like that could be a thing you could feature on it for that much money, where it's just like, oh no, I won't fall in the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that feature would make that one hundred and twenty million. How much the plane? Now, how much is the plane between sixty and seventy million? Seventy million? Yeah, maybe that features another twenty mili. Yeah that Yeah, it's like it's already expensive. That's a that's pretty crazy. Tho A link up today, Yeah, there's a link up on links and guests.
Speaker 3: So the jets at the bottom of the Red Sea. Now, one sailor suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident, but thankfully there were no other injuries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like a parking break situation.
Speaker 3: Whoops.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's expensive and that thing's done right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sounded sitting at the bottom of the sea, just like the Titanic.
Speaker 1: That things sunk like Shadoor Sanders I came into work today, I go.
Speaker 3: A brawl broke out at a Beyonce concert on the opening night of her Cowboy car Or tour. Fans were caught on cameras shoving and kicking each other after an argument turned violent in the VIP area of Sofa Stadium in Inglewood, California, on Monday night. I am not a Beyonce expert. They have to come from me. But is there like, like, you're not mashing a Beyonce concert. Like I know it was after an argument, but it's like, that's not She's not like got violent music.
Speaker 1: But there's assholes everywhere somebody. Somebody spilled a beer on somebody and then then they got into it. I mean, you know that it's not it's not a reflection of Beyonce. You're right, they're not getting aggressive during her songs. I got beat up at a Beyonce concert. Union made fun of the next day, right.
Speaker 2: I did see Oprah.
Speaker 1: Dancing, though Oprah was at one of those shows she involved. Yeah, she was throwing elbows. It was awesome. Yeah, you get a bow and you get a bow and you get a bow. Oh yeah, No, Oprah was not involved in this scuffle.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, it's just it's a crowded.
Speaker 1: Place at a Taylor Swift show. Are drinking. I imagine there's been fights at Taylor Swift shows before, but it's Beyonce. She's kind of had the microscope on her and it's the first shows, so of course TMC is going to be all over it with their camera phones. I'm sure they paid top dollar to get this footage. We have it on links and guests. He's getting a fight at a range against the machine show. You're like, yeah, I was agro. Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: I understand there's testosterone flowing around it.
Speaker 1: We'll get mad, but not.
Speaker 3: A Beyonce like, just chill out a little bit, guys.
Speaker 1: Damn, could you just hold on a second? Okay, Well, we got.
Speaker 2: Better drum intro.
Speaker 1: It was just email to me and this came up, yes today when we were doing the nineties movies Foo Fighters or.
Speaker 2: Better drum Intro.
Speaker 1: Guns n' Roses you could be mine are food Fighters, my hero. I gotta go with this because it's just drums. They're not getting this now.
Speaker 2: The base kicked in.
Speaker 1: A little bit here. I don't know. Those are two of the great drum intros all time, I mean hot for teachers.
Speaker 3: The best drum intro of all time, I would go, food Fighters byass was Terminator two, by the way, Terminator two.
Speaker 1: Thank you Roses, you did get that right, all right?
Speaker 2: Hey, Dave Grohl just showed up.
Speaker 1: The PTA's got him on speed Dog, so they were.
Speaker 3: Just having a casual PTA fundraiser and the like, oh wait, Dave Grohl's here, and he showed up to surprise everybody with a set of cover performances. The event featured him delivering renditions of Queen and Davies under Pressure LCD Sound Systems, New York, I Love You, but You're bringing me down, and the Knacks My Sharona. He was joined on stage by friend of The Rod Ryan Show, Luke Spiller of The Struts, and singer Lisa Loebe. It was all part of a fundraiser for a local school. My school never had Dave roll shot though.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing they hit their goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah how much money you think he threw down?
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, whatever the goal was of the night, I'm assuming they hit it right. Wow. Good for the gotta be a heck of a playground at that school.
Speaker 3: Some sixth slide, I bet all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably like a water park at a elementary school splash pad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave Roll bought this, all right? Come on, Astros win. Yeah. They beat the Tigers six to four last night. They're sixteen and thirteen on the season so far. You can wrap up their series with the Tigers this afternoon. Aj blue Ball is gonna make his first major league start for the Stros, going up against Detroit's Jackson Jobi. First pitch is at one ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven nineties. And in basketball, the Rockets and Warriors played Game five of their first round series tonight at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Golden State leads the series three.
Speaker 3: Games to one, so it's a must win for the Rockets, who are four and a half point favorites heading into this game too. Obviously at six thirty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that What's going on in sports rock.
Speaker 1: And Alternative Fair Houston, The Ron Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM. The Bus.
Speaker 1: Before Fun the Bus halfway part of the show People halfway point eight oh six past the halfway point on this wild Card Wednesday. Good for Club Shay sh That Wildcard Wednesday damn bad for him because it didn't turn out great. It didn't turn out great. I mean, what's he doing messing around with a twenty year old? Okay, but he says it was consensual. You know, this Shannon Sharp situation is a mess. Our Wildcard Wednesday today. I believe is pretty well known as to be the Jane Doe in the case that Tony Busby. She still mentioned as Jane Doe in the legal paperwork. Her name's out there everywhere. She's out there, She's out there everywhere on who she is. So I don't have time to get into that. I got more important things to talk about, like the greatest drum intro of all time.
Speaker 2: You just happen to be using this.
Speaker 1: For the foo Fighters song, and it got one of our listeners thinking, Rob, what's a better drum intro? Foo Fighter is My Hero? Or a song that we featured yesterday on the show. When I was quizzing Alex about nineties movie soundtracks, you got to go all the way back to Terminator two? Is that better than My Hero? You said, no, I don't think so. It's a good one. Though it's Matt Sorem on drums. It's a killer drummer. Fun fact, Matt Soreum does that jazzy intro to the show. That's Matt Soum.
Speaker 3: It's his cover of Buddy Rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good call on that, good history on that. Some people think it's the Tonight Show theme, it's not. I'll end the argument now. The greatest drum intro of all time? It's not. But it's tasty. It tell us it's tasty, you know it. It gets into the song nicely though. I mean, like something fun is about to happen here. Yeah right, I mean the guy playing this might be the winner. The guy playing that spent a little time in marching band. This just came in, Shannon, great listener of the show for me. The best drum intro of all time? Come on, Rod, nine inch Nails March of the Pigs. Oh he might be good.
Speaker 2: That might be pretty good.
Speaker 1: I've just been telling you I've seen this live before. It gets angry during this? Is that better than my hero?
Speaker 3: I liked swop intans better.
Speaker 1: You can't get off of that. You got a suggestion here?
Speaker 3: Maybe my favorite one?
Speaker 1: A little flange on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember opening up Madden, firing it up, and this was the first song they played on it.
Speaker 2: So my favorite blank songs.
Speaker 1: The things that we're talking about, these drum intros, they're not super intricate, they're not super difficult. The march of the pig one is interesting, but you can do it. You know, your average drummer can do it. It doesn't have to be a difficult opener. It's just I could teach you this in ten minutes. Is this the greatest drum intro of all time? Is that the greatest drum intro ever? I mean, listen, hang on, it comes in completely cold. Just listen to it by itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good dance, it's perfect, and it's probably Stephen Tyler playing too.
Speaker 1: He was he was a drummer. He was a drummer.
Speaker 9: That fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will end the argument and we'll move on to do some other things. Okay, wait, you got one more hit out.
Speaker 3: Does does steal drum count?
Speaker 1: It's drums dum Okay.
Speaker 3: This is good. The imp from fifty this is good. I can see Bob.
Speaker 1: I'll end it though. The greatest drum intro of all time? It is hot for teacher Alex van Halen. Okay, yeah, this is It's just it's everything that we've heard is great this morning. There's no better intro drum intro to a song, and the song winds up being pretty great too. But I mean, they just let Alex go off, you know. And I remember being a kid just trying to mimic this and duplicate it. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I've seen there's drummers on the internet now there's young kids that are doing this. Now. Nobody could do it. When I was young, we just couldn't figure out how it was done. We just thought it was trickery. We thought there was no way that that was him playing magic. Yeah, that's the greatest drum intro of all time. Cool discussion, guys, that was fine, Very cool discussion guys. Let me take a short break, let me come back, modest mouse blaming lips to it. It's August twentieth. I can hook you up with those tickets. Let me take a short break and we'll come back with those Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 4: The rod Rost The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five suppers.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome, back everybody. We got cloudy skies today, twenty percent chance of rain. It's high at eighty five. It's eight nineteen. I hope you are where you're supposed to be the one thing that I do believe in is that our devices are listening to us. I'm sure these guys were gonna I'm sure they're gonna hit me up with emails anyways. But having that this right after we had the discussion about how much people are spending on Mother's Day this year, what the National Retail Federation is predicting in the billions of dollars, in the billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I specifically, we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about flowers and delivering flowers to my mom and getting them off and how expensive they were. ProFlowers dot Com and one eight hundred flowers dot Com both hit me up almost immediately after we had that discussion on the radio, on my personal email, the one that I use at my house. It's it's two weeks out or less than two weeks, a week and a half from Mother's Day. I know they're gonna be hit me up anyway. But right after I got done talking about it, immediately we got done talking about it, I turn off the microphone, and I just happened to go look at my email. Bam. Both of them came after me. That stuff for real, that stuff for real, these phones, everything's listening to us. Man. You know, I'm not conspiracy theory guy. That's for real that they're picking up on these things. What do you got that's trending? All right?
Speaker 3: Wild Card Wednesday continues and.
Speaker 1: It's gone through the roof right now. To be honest with.
Speaker 2: You, wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: When you say, oh, you know, ho hum, it's our number one link, it's Jane Doe gab. Yeah, this is the girl that's bringing the charges up against Shannon Sharp right now.
Speaker 3: Wow, if you're like checking her out the world Chamish rad Ryan ship Age at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Beyoncey is also oh she is.
Speaker 3: That video of the fight that broke out on the opening night of her Cowboy Carter tour in California.
Speaker 1: Oprah is not involved in the fight. I that got to go click at though. I mentioned two separate things. I said, I saw a video of Oprah jumping around all excited, you know, I saw her, you know, at the show. A video separately, there was a fight. It was not Oprah. It was Gail King. Okay, it was Gail. That was just just wrecking shop, going ham on people. No, it wasn't Gail either. It was just some randos at the concert. They were having a fight and TMC got ahold of the footage and it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it's everywhere, and it's good.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you people are definitely talking about it. I'll tell you what. Beyonce needs the mentions. She needs the mentions right now. I think she does. It's better than it's better than the story being Hey, there's a lot of empty seats last night. I'd rather have people talking about a fight than empty seats if it was my CONSOO you.
Speaker 2: Know too, So all right, what else?
Speaker 3: And then Jack in the Box is trending, Jay and the B is closing over two hundred locations that they say are underperforming. Ooh, okay, if you're talking about that, and that is trending.
Speaker 1: And I never by the buzz, modest Mouse and flaming lips. I've never seen the flaming lips, man, I know you have. Alex has that on me. He hangs it over me all the time. August twentieth seven, one to three Music Hall. I gotta knock this band off my bucket list. I really do. I like him.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to go seven one will take Call or ten.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan showod Morning on nine, The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's popa roach getting away with murder. I guess you could do it for all the I wouldn't call him non traditional, but like if you just took guitar out of it, we just did drum intros, bass intros. It's a pretty good one.
Speaker 2: I mean it's got it's got help from the other instruments.
Speaker 1: Though it's got help from drums. They're suffering it a basis pretty badass. I think you're gonna lose to Cliff Burton, for whom the bell told so sorry after we learned that that was the bass guitar. All right, Good morning, pup. Your off to a great start to your day. Got a little hack coming up for you, but first let me give away these tickets here. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, Hello, who's this Leah? How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm about to be doing a lot better.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not through with you yet. I've got a few things. I want to ask you, when you're making a cake, do you top it with icing or frosting? I thought this was going to be maybe the dumbest throwaway whole question ever, and I'm kind of blown away at the results. Is it icing or frosting on a cake? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess frosting.
Speaker 1: Everyone's saying frosting.
Speaker 2: Why is icing winning?
Speaker 1: Where are these people that follow us on Twitter from it? Is it regional? It might be icing and frosting? Look it up, like, where's the line? Is it the pop soda line icing and frosting? Is there a line that goes through the country?
Speaker 3: Like that's got it?
Speaker 1: I don't know it's frosting, right, Leah. I mean I think so I sing for cookies frosting for cake. Sure you said you said like icing would be on a cupcake, on a cinnabun. Okay wait waite, Yeah, it's not frosting on a cupcake for you, it's icing, alex Ice.
Speaker 3: I guess I think it's more of a glaze. Frosting is more of like a thick frosting, Like.
Speaker 1: I thing's more of a glaze in my mind. I kind of agree with you on that, all right, what else? What's the best what's the best song that has the best drum intro of all time? Leah, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, that's that's putting me on the spot.
Speaker 1: That's drum and.
Speaker 3: True, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh it's two Princes by spin Doctors. All right, that's the correct.
Speaker 2: All right, you're the winner. You're calling ten today.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was about to buy these tickets.
Speaker 5: So I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips. Have you seen these bands before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen Modest Mouse, and I have not seen Flaming Lips that I'm so excited to go.
Speaker 1: I've not seen Flaming Lips either, and I have to go see them. It's August twentieth at the seven one three Music Hall. Okay, yes, all right.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Is it sock sock sho shoe or sock shoe sock shoe?
Speaker 2: Leah for the wim.
Speaker 3: Sock socks hue shoe.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess I am a sock sock shoe shoe guy.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations hang on for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hi, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, you're super cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you do do dear?
Speaker 2: Where are these wacko icing people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying that icing is for like sugar for the cookies and stuff, icing on a cook cut cakes and cakes, and says it's frosting.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: So at Christmas time we make the cutouts, okay, and my sister will make the frosting for the cuts. Frosting for us. We don't use icing. We don't. We don't say it, right, we don't say icing. It's all frosting to me. Frosting on the beater. I think it's a Posy's album, Frosting on the beat. Okay, here's your hack today.
Speaker 3: All right, well we.
Speaker 1: Got set an alarm for your lunch break. You know that people do not like to normalize coming into work when you're sick. It's a big thing. Now, like you can't you can't talk about that anytime I bring up, Like you.
Speaker 3: Said that thing to me my ten year innivention. Eybody is like, you don't normalize. It's like I'm not coming out with the fe.
Speaker 1: Was giving Alex all kinds of compliments. I was giving him his crown, his flowers. He was putting them on this pedestal. It was this ten year anniversary, and I said, this guy's never even called in sick to work. I had more than one email saying, don't normalize coming into work sick. I don't be that.
Speaker 3: Guy either, though, Like it's just like, come on, we'll.
Speaker 1: Actually shut up. Yeah, shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 1: When I first started in radio, we would all go out to lunch together. We would all go off campus. There was a little mall food court right near us, and we'd go and we'd spend about five six dollars, that's how long ago it was. And we'd go when we'd eat lunch. Every day, we'd get out of the studio, out of the station, and then we'd go eat and we'd come back. That seems like such a ridiculous concept. Now I just want to like get done with everything and get out of here.
Speaker 3: To take time.
Speaker 2: But I was there.
Speaker 3: I'll not eat until I get home. Sometimes I'll just save time, right.
Speaker 1: And I was already I was on the air three to seven. I was doing afternoons, and I would get to the station at nine in the morning, so yeah, nine to seven. But I would go and yeah, I would go and eat lunch. What do I do now? I eat at ten o'clock my lunch time. That's right, old man River over here. Ten o'clock is lunch. I slide two feet over from where I'm standing right now, and I eat at the counter. The thought of going out to eat and then coming back is it crazy?
Speaker 3: To the delia?
Speaker 1: That's kind of like going I once to you know why? I want to support the deli that that they stay open. I think it's an important thing that it's kind of like it's on us. We're in this building and we're on this floor, and I think they get the shaft because there's a lot of food trucks downstairs, and I feel bad for them. It's like, wait a minute, when you sign your deal, did they say there was going to be food trucks here all the time?
Speaker 3: You know, you a business away from that.
Speaker 1: You're opening up a deli here. So I try to support them. I trying to go there once a week. If you work through your lunch break, you're not alone, okay, And it's not just an American thing. Just Rando Australia, eighty percent of workers do it. Most said it has a negative effect on your mental health. So it's easy to do if you've got some sort of a deadline. You're in the middle of a project. I get it. I mean, if you're running and gunning, you got something going, you're working. Who wants to be that guy in the room he says, Hey, uh, can we break for lunch. It's like, no, h we're in the middle of this. But it's important to people now, it's important, they say. People are setting lunch alarms. Peep, sorry, boss, gotta go. That's my lunch alarm going off. I have to eat right now. I have to eat. Do you Oh? Do you have the eat right now? We're about to crack this case. You're trying to solve a murder, and you gotta go for lunch.
Speaker 3: My wife started in a job about a month ago, and she said that the first two days, like, she didn't eat lunch. And I was like, why didn't you just eat at your desk? She's like, I didn't know if anybody else was eating at their desk. I was assuming they were, but I didn't see anybody else eating, So I just didn't want to be the person that they whipped out their food like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like that too, you want to just you don't be the only guy eating? Yeah, you want to fit in. That's like yeah, or you just pick up. I mean, I don't know who's got the balls at a new job. Just like noon hits and you're just like okay, man, I see where you going. Won't going to lunch? We don't do that lunch time. Yeah, you know. An expert in workplace psychology talked about why working through your lunch is a bad habit to get into. You think that not taking breaks is making you more productive.
Speaker 2: But where are we going to go with this? You know exactly where this is going.
Speaker 1: The trade off is we're not giving our brains a chance to rest, and over the long haul, it actually makes you less productive. Okay, So there you go, score a point for the people that are going to lunch and taking time every day. People going as now, you can't go hitting snooze like you do in the morning. Okay, don't go hit the shoe, Alex hit snooze twelve times this mornings twice, all right? Once the alarm. I imagine people won't hit snooze on their lunch alarm like they do. They're probably not get out of bed alarm. So send an alarm for lunch today. The Rod Ryan show on the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz that's bad Omens, and just pretend Rod Ryan's show. The thing about bad Omens, big band, big band. Yeah, you know what I mean. They're playing big halls. Now.
Speaker 2: Guess what they started out.
Speaker 1: As a local band. Okay. I don't know what the story is with them. What if they played the high school gym. I don't know what they did, but I imagine they started playing playing some bars and they started out as a local band. Okay, so here's the segue. Local bands here in Houston. They're all competing to play at Buzzfest. Okay. Buzzfest is going down on Saturday, May twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion. Chavelle, Maryland, Manson, Blew Out Over, Peody Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward Sleep Theory. The only thing that they absolutely every single one of these bands has in common besides playing music, is they all started out as a local band. Okay, we have about thirty five local bands that want to bring on Buzzfest. Okay, I'm not gonna not mention something. If a band comes down here to the radio station and I listen, I can't tell you what to do. But I'm not gonna not mention something. If a band brings down a poster that's about five feet by four feet, says, hey, vote for us for bring on Buzzfest. What's the band? I can't see the name from here. Kenton Plays, Brings on Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Kenton Plays, Kenton Place.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we know those guys. They're great. Is that the singer he jacked.
Speaker 3: Like that Superman to Mono.
Speaker 1: This singer is jacked. So of course of course he picked out that picture. He's like this is this really makes my muscles look good?
Speaker 9: Yea?
Speaker 1: So they brought this by. They brought this by. Sophia said, hey, a band brought something by. Yes, they brought something by. It is a It is on like foam core. It's a poster of the band and it's got to be five by four feet. Kenton Place. Vote for us for bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: Keith Fly Captains gave you a pen. They did.
Speaker 1: They did give me some pens, and those pens had wonderful flow. Meaning I'm very I'm telling you there's nothing better. I do a lot of handwriting, and I write things out for the show and everything. There's nothing like a pen. That's got that perfect flow. And I remember asking his girlfriend, like, where do you get these these are? She goes, I'll get you some more. She got me a whole stack of them.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I had all this whole thing, a stack of Keith Lake Captain's pens.
Speaker 3: Rosie sent a stickers one year.
Speaker 1: I got a Rosie sticker on my laptop at work.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna not mention that, so I listen. I'm a sucker for free Scott.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, these guys they sent this poster out, they sent it over here. It's like, of course they're gonna get a mention on the air. Everyone wants to mention how there's thirty five bands that are trying to get your votes for Bring On Buzzfest. Okay, everyone's doing what they can. Here we go. I'm just gonna randomly scroll and I'm going to say Kissing Judas is one of the bands. Okay, Kid six is one of the bands. You can tell them in the case Kerosene Shores, Kenton place there. They are so what I need. The bands have already been determined on who's eligible. We've got the thirty five. We've kind of done that job for you. We got it down to thirty five. Now I need you. You said you took you said you spent some hours on this elli an hour and a half yesterday. Yeah, it's gonna take you some time. It's gonna take you some time, even if it's just do the math. It's thirty five bands. If you listen to two minutes of each song, there you go. Now you're looking at over an hour. So you go to bring on Buzzfest. Chili's got it again for you on links and Guests. I'm looking right at it. So if you can pull yourself away from Shannon Sharp's girlfriend and get in there and start watching some of these bands. Man, I'm asking you to to what are you looking for? I mean, it's what you like it does. It's a live performance. They have to be able to hold their own with those bands that I mentioned. I mean, just think about Blue October and what an entertainer Justin is, you know what I mean. Like, there's a lot of there's a lot of pressure there on these bands. You can't just stand up there and look at your shoes. You know, you got Marilyn Manson, it's gonna be on that same stage maybe even watching. Yeah, you don't know, you don't know, So do your homework. Go vote on the band that you think should bring on Buzzfest. Thank you to our friends over at Love Street Blonde for helping us out with this. You must cast your vote now at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 3: The Buzz Rock and alter you soon.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. What do you got? Oh? Geez eight fifty five We gotta move Cloudy's Guy's today, twenty percent chance of rain?
Speaker 2: Hi today, I'm about eighty.
Speaker 1: Five one final time now Alex Houston's headlines. Please, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: President Trump announced yesterday that he's giving US car makers a break on his twenty five percent tariffs. After major automakers like GM and Ford born to tariffs and vehicles from Mexico and Canada could hurt America American factories, Trump agreed to give rebates on those fees for two years. The idea behind this is to give companies the time to move production back to the United States. Trump is still pushing a tough trade stance, including apostible two hundred percent tariff on Chinese made cars built in Mexico. UPS is making big changes to its operations. The company's planning to cut approximately twenty thousand jobs and close seventy three facilities by the end of June this year. This decision follows a recent agreement with Amazon to reduce the volume of shipments that UPS handles for the e commerce giant by over fifty percent by the second half of next year. Although Amazon remains UPS's largest customer, CEO Carol Tomate noted that the business is not the most profitable, describing it as a dilutive to the company's US operations. The clock is ticking when it comes to Mother's Day gifts, But if you still have it shopped for one month for the mom in your life. Mom's in your life includes your wife and your mother in law as well, your research suggests that you might not have to. A new survey reveals is that what moms really want for Mother's Day this year is a nap.
Speaker 1: Sandel's Resorts talked to more than.
Speaker 3: Six hundred moms about their wish lists for their special holiday and learned that sleep was what they wanted most Forty nine percent of moms call a nap with no one needing you the ultimate luxury, and over sixty percent of moms say that they'd be happy to trade presents for the chance to sleep near the Two thirds of moms say that they haven't had a nap in the last month, and a quarter of mom's surveyed can't even remember the last time that they did nap. So maybe let your mom get a little rest this Mother's Day, but also still get her those those presents.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, your recommendation is not just handing her a nap coupon.
Speaker 3: Here's here's your gifts, Now go off and sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So gifts and a nap, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that sounds good, that's what they want.
Speaker 3: Carrie Underwood wore a dress on American Idol that she wore the year that she won Season four of American Idol the show. It was twenty years ago. She was twenty two at the time she wore the dress for the first time. It's a flowy, green and orange leopard print dress, and she brought it back because all of the contestants that night were singing the songs from past seasons She's had two kids since the first time she wear the dress and still looked amazing in them.
Speaker 2: She does look amazing and.
Speaker 3: Looking at girls.
Speaker 1: J Carrie Underwood is royalty around here. She got her own blog back good, good good. It's a redundancy. It's also I'm looking at girls, but yeah, she has her own blog page for sure. Well.
Speaker 3: Famishad Ryan shro page to the buzz dot com check it out is. Two bands in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class at twenty twenty five aren't sure if they're going to be performing at the induction ceremony this year. Health issues might keep Bad Company watching a tribute by someone else. Drummer Simon Kirk alluded to strokes suffered by lead singer Paul Rodgers and guitarist Mick Ralfs. There is a rumor going around, though, that Kirk and Rogers will perform. Bassist Raymond boz Burrell died back in two thousand and six. Soundgarden hasn't performed an official show since the death of Chris Cornell in twenty seventeen. An interview with Billboard, guitarist him Bale says that the band needs to make sure that they're ready or ready and able to provide the proper reverence for Cornell and the band. We think that the daughter will play. I think that that sound Garden definitely plays.
Speaker 1: It's got two daughters, got don't Tony is the one that you're talking about that we've heard her sing, and she sang on the anniversary of his death. I'm good morning America. I mean she can sing. I imagine Tony would be the one, right. I don't know how do you pick? I both daughters sing. Let him do a couple of songs each. I just don't know that they rock. I know that they can sing. Okay, and she's done. Does she do say Hello to Heaven too? Like on a TikTok or something? And it's a slow ballady type of thing? Do they go that route? And that's that's how they honor. There's nobody criticize it. Let me just matter what if it's the daughters, you're right, You're right. It's full proof that everybody will love it. Somebody will find some find some error in it, but.
Speaker 3: Anybody else, it's just respectful that you didn't get Chris's family to do it. This gives you the out and I think people are gonna still like it.
Speaker 1: It is also not a requirement to play. True, you could have just a bunch of all stars out there playing your songs. But I think the guys in Soundgarden, I think they'd want to play, you know also too, but it's the bugaboo who's gonna sing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Nirvana did it. Nirvana played and they plugged in different female singers. So that's been done before. And I don't think you didn't just copy that.
Speaker 3: But it works, So why not run a bag?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Do you let Nirvana say, Hey, that's what you guys came up with. We're Soundgarden. This is what we came up with.
Speaker 2: For for you know, just for our lead.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's no longer here. I don't know, but you do have the daughter sitting right there.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's just like that seems like it's it's just waiting, okay, says Are Easton's headline.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Astros got another win last night to be the Tigers six to four. They're gonna wrap up this series with the Tigers this afternoon. Aj blue Ball is gonna make his first major League start for the Stros.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be going up against the Troitz.
Speaker 3: Jackson Jobe first pitches at one ten and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: In basketball, you want to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rockets and Warriors played Game five of their first round series tonight at the Toyota Center. It's do or die for the Rockets. Golden State's up three games to one in the series. Rockets are four and a half point favorites heading into tonight's game. Tip Off is at six thirty, and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four fives, BUZ.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Create My Sacrifice nine oh eight on this wild Card Wednesday, number one link by far. This is the gal that's tied to all the Shannon Sharp stuff that you're reading about. Shannon Sharp getting the headlines right now, actually walking away from ESPN, not fired until the preseason claims it was his decision to walk away. I think Mickey Mouse said Hey, dude, some pretty wild text messages you're releasing walk Away. That's a pretty good Mickey Mouse. Disney owns ESPN and ABC. I think they said, hey, bro, well there's a lot of heat on you right now. Don't you just step away for a minute, you know, take a break, go to Cabo or something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. All right, it's a little too BDSM for us. Those letters put together aren't exactly Disney material. Okay, the B, the D and the S and the M together like Shannon, you can get out the air all right. Cloudy Sky's twenty percent chance of rain high of eighty five. Lots of emails about Soundgarden right now, which is good. I think Number one, most people seem to be very happy that they were chosen to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You know, I'm happy about them. I think you got to put the Flannel four in there. Alison Chains is the only one that's not in now, so I think you got to take a look at at Alison Chains. I think I think all Flannel four need to be in there. Of course, Pearl Jam and Nirvana already.
Speaker 2: In uh, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: I read somewhere that the family of Chris. The family of Chris Cornell am not happy with the band. I heard his mom is really pissed at them. I think they said with all of that stuff, Sam Sam's talking about, like, hey, what would you know? What are they gonna do? I believe the lawsuits and everything, To my knowledge, I think that's been put to bed. Who knows, but I think there's an album's worth a material of Soundgarden material out there, and I think there's more covers that Chris did on his last album, No One Sings like You. Soundgarden Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Danny says, Brandy Carlisle is a huge Soundgarden fan. She's got a great voice. Or maybe Dawtrey could hang on some of those big songs. Cornell have the best voice. You're not wrong on that. Brandy Carlyle has sung with the guys before, so there was a benefit show and her name. The one gal that I remember seeing the video is Shanaiah Shepherd, and I was wondering, Ben Shepherd is the bass player of Soundgarden. I wonder if there's any connection there, but maybe it's his wife. Brandy Carlyle also sang this was last December. It was a benefits show and it was the guys in Soundgarden with these two female singers.
Speaker 2: They called themselves the Nude Dragons.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: As far as somebody singing for Soundgarden ever again, I have gone on record and I at least one person, Nicole Harvey, went and looked him up. After I said it, I said, Richie Cootson is my guy. I don't want to that's him playing the bass, the drums, the guitar, singing. Oh, he's a force. He can sing anything. He looks cool. You could plug and play right now and put him in Soundgarden right now. Richie Cootson, just go look at some of this guy's stuff. He is a musician's musician. He is well respected, okay, don't he spent a little time in the band Poison when he was a kid. He was like nineteen years old. They kicked CC out of the band Poison. They get Richie in there. He's a nineteen year old kid, and I think he bangs the bass player's girlfriend, so they kick him out short like maybe I don't think. I don't think he's in Poison for a year. Don't let that ruin his resume. Okay, this guy went on and just he's worked with everybody before. But I agree with you, Alex. I think the daughters are the first choice.
Speaker 3: People can critique it, people can criticize it, but like it's the safest option.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard to criticize it. You just do.
Speaker 3: That's his daughters, That's why.
Speaker 1: And to be honest with you, Okay, listen, Soundgarden needs to be in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame, agreed, But what we're doing right now, I feel like the rock and roll Hall of Fame. And there's guys that are with iHeartRadio that are responsible for this show now putting this thing on television. Right, Who's gonna sing for Soundgarden. Let's get them in there so that people will talk about this. They want ratings on that TV show. They want ratings on that TV show, So nobody's gonna bring more eyes to that. If they announced that the daughters are singing for Soundgarden, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, I think they'll get a top. I'll think you've got a ton of people that just see because people that haven't heard them are going I want to hear.
Speaker 1: A ton of people that maybe wouldn't watch the show normally would maybe tune in for that. I agree, it would be it would do wonder wonders for that television show, you know. But I would check it out.
Speaker 3: And I have not watched any Hall of Fame induct induction.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched anything of the rock and roll Hall of Fames? It's nine and a half hours. I don't care. Yeah, I know it is long. It is long, all right. Everybody's homework today Richie Copson Kotz and go look him up. He's an unbelievable musician too.
Speaker 2: And handsome like Chris Cornell. Geez, get him in there.
Speaker 1: Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am. The Buzz. All right, welcome back rod Ryan Show. On this wild Card Wednesday, it's wild Wild It's number one link today, Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 2: She got a bit of a backstory, so.
Speaker 1: I'll let you kind of figure that one out on your own. Now, likes you ready?
Speaker 3: I am ready? Well, let's go online.
Speaker 6: It's Alix online the Muzz.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Today's aay. Well, I've done similar ones like this, but it's always fun. Tattoos and you just just see bad tattoos people got. My favorite is the third one you'll see, and it's just a really really bad, grateful dead skull. She's like, oh yeah, I've got I'm gonna fix up the lines a little bit. And the lines are any way more than just a little bit of tech on it. It's like the skulls all like diagonal when it should be just up and down. It's it's pretty bad. You see flowers that don't look like flowers.
Speaker 1: I think you know, obviously a misspelling is going to be the number one thing, or is it? I think the number one misfire tattoo fail if you go to somebody that just can't do portraits, the portraits.
Speaker 3: Because you look at it they show you before right when they have to put the temporary thing on to go over.
Speaker 1: That's the scariest tattoo for me to get is a portrait. I don't have any portraits. You have to go to somebody. And I've told the story before, Like the guy that the guy that I last went to to get ink, he said, I'll turn people away. It's just that's not my forte. You have to go to if somebody that's the best, the person you want to go to if they don't specialize in particularly what you're looking for, and a portrait is a specific skill set, not everybody can do it. He's like, that's not that's not I'm not great at that. That's not like I can do it, but it's not what I'm great at. Yeah, that's the tattoo artists you want to go to.
Speaker 2: So that's the scariest.
Speaker 1: Don't want to go to any of these.
Speaker 3: This girl's got the moon's auld on her back and they're not even like in a straight line. They're all over the place. They don't even really look like moons.
Speaker 1: Some of these that were done at uncle's k kitchen table.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, prison looking tattoo. Yeah, there's some really bad portrait ones if you could check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're bad.
Speaker 3: See some tattoo fails at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show on nine.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you for having us on. That was stained nice, tasty, cloudy skies today, twenty percent chance of rain hive around eighty five today. What are we gonna leave you with? A buzzfest tickets, That's what we're gonna leave you with Buzzfest tickets on the show. Sometimes I gotta ask Chili early may Chilli, you got a second? I believe I can squeeze you in. Thank you. I know I didn't make an appointment or anything, but yeah, I don't let it happen again doing a drop in?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you choose or select somebody for read my lips? Are you waiting till the end of the show?
Speaker 1: I actually did.
Speaker 8: I started working ahead and called a couple of people in the answers, so I got.
Speaker 1: A little paranoid.
Speaker 8: Finally somebody answer, and this confirmed So, uh, Jesse South say that Jesse from Lamark, she'll be playing against me.
Speaker 3: So all right.
Speaker 1: I told her to prepare for a whooping. That's all I said. That's what you told everybody. Dude, You've been beat by these listeners week in, week out.
Speaker 2: I'm just preparing for the worst.
Speaker 1: All right. So you felt real confident that Jesse was going to be here, Yeah, don't. But checked and and I told her.
Speaker 8: I was like, hey, you know, you might have to leave your house like at five point thirty.
Speaker 1: And she was like, oh, yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I'll be there, she's got a drive in the morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so she sounded committed. So if not, if not, she laying the mark down, you know.
Speaker 1: Jesse from Lamark taking on the Chile tomorrow read my lips eight twenty. Very good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: I want to be very clear about this. I don't see this as a trend. I do see this as maybe a pretty funny one off. What you got, Well, a woman is going viral on TikTok for her story. You know what pay it forward means? Like, let's talk like going through the drive through and you pay it forward. It's like, hey, I'd like to take care of the car behind me.
Speaker 3: You just hope that they're not going to get fifty five burgers, fifty five fries. It's a by shakes, fifty five everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. It's like, oh, the guy in front of you paid. It's like, oh, you you pay for the person behind them.
Speaker 2: And it kind.
Speaker 1: Of puts you in a spot where you have to decide whether you're gonna do it for the next person or not. When you just find out the car in front of you bought yours, like, well, what but they order behind me? You know I don't do it. Have you ever been involved in it? I don't go through drive through, so is it I picked up Starbucks.
Speaker 3: One time for my wife and I said, no, I'm not going to continue this.
Speaker 1: You were, you were the end of the chain. Yeah, you said no, I'm not picking up one thing.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I didn't ask them to do that. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It makes it.
Speaker 3: It's very pushy. It's like when you're checking out, like did you want to help Holma's pets.
Speaker 1: Like I do?
Speaker 3: But I don't want to give you guys five dollars?
Speaker 1: Well okay, well then okay. You were involved in one and you were involved in stopping it.
Speaker 3: The only time I ever been involved, I was the stock killing.
Speaker 1: The joy of pay it forward it's not joy, it's pressure. A woman is going viral on TikTok right now for sharing her experience of someone paying it backward.
Speaker 2: Samantha.
Speaker 1: She was at a Duncan drive through last week, or as my friend's in Boston like to call it Dunkey. She pulled up to the window and the clerk told her that the guy ahead of her, who had already driven off, told them that she would be paying for his order now. In the caption, she said to the random guy in front of me who lied to the employee, I hope you have the day you deserve.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: She later posted a follow up where she clarified that she did not pay for his order and the Duncan employee was very cool about it, even though they were kind of frustrated that the guy ahead of them essentially stole his coffee.
Speaker 3: He went for it and he got to respect the move and he I, it's not right.
Speaker 1: You just told me you didn't like the real nice one, but you like the crappy one like Duncan Donuts is gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Giving a guy a coffee and maybe uh, you know, a donut, they're not gonna It's not gonna kill Duncan Donuts.
Speaker 1: She also shared a video alex I know this will infuriate you of her trying to restore goodness to the world, and she went back to Duncan and paid for the person behind her. But make sure she filmed it though, right, so that's how you know. Okay, this pay it backward is not a trend, but I think it's funny that the worker fell for it. Yeah, the kid in the window. I'm not even giving them a hard time. I'm not and I don't know if it's a kid. I'm just saying there's a kid in the window, and there's a guy that's real convincing saying, dude, pay it backwards, like she's gonna grab this.
Speaker 3: That kid's making like eleven bucks an hour, and he's like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, and then he's got to tell the person, Hey, that guy said you were gonna pay for his coffee. As he's peeling out of the driveway.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's pretty great. All right.
Speaker 1: There they went for it, paid backward.
Speaker 3: Tim Robbinson Show, I think you should leave as like the famous skit where he does that, except he's trying to do this. You start the chain and then you swing around and go back, and then you order a bunch of food. We got you started. I'd like to pay for the guy behind me, But then you got to get behind a guy behind you, so he has it. You've ordered fifty five of everything.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's funny.
Speaker 2: Don't try this at home, kids.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show, All.
Speaker 1: Empire upon an Empire twenty four or five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Pearl Jam's better man. Well, my curiosity got the better of me. Alex. Yeah, I never do this. I never ever do this, and I just did. I'm going to see Pearl Jam on Saturday. They're playing jazz Fest in New Orleans. So I got the kid and uh, we're going and uh, I just said to myself, I wonder if they do this song live. It's been a couple of years since I've seen Pearl Jam. Dude, I went to the set list they played. Yes, I did. That's the website I'm on right now. Do you want to know what the bands are playing before you go see them or would you rather be surprised. I like to make a little playlist of it and then you can get.
Speaker 3: Ready for like, all right now, I know which one we're going into, and then sometimes they changed ut be like, oh what why are they playing this one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Pearl Jam has a million songs and they're real jamming and they've they've built their career. I'm playing live, so imagine they could mix up this set list a lot. I don't think they're locked into the same set. I don't know. I've only looked at one day they played last night, Pearl Jam played State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. They didn't play better Man is like one of the biggest songs ever, you would think. I mean, I think it might be the best song. It might be the best song that Eddi Vedder ever wrote. Better Man. It's not my favorite.
Speaker 2: It might be the best.
Speaker 1: Song he's ever written. Now are they playing Given to Fly? Yes, this is one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs.
Speaker 3: I've got to play.
Speaker 1: I've been on record of saying Pearl Jam's first album, Start to Finish ten amazing album. I love every song on it. I might like five pro Jam songs after that first album, maybe five. They're just Jammy to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Do you think of this ukulele album Can't Keep They opened with last Night Nothing Man? I know. Given the Fly was the third song once there you Go, Scared of Fear, Wreckage, even flow at seven? What were you asking about Jeremy? Yeah, that Jammy daughter is on there. This is not for you. They do not for you. Jeremy fifteen song on the set Porch from the first album seventeenth. Then they do an encore, Uh, keep Me in your Heart a warren Zevon cover.
Speaker 3: Nice Hall of Fame inductee.
Speaker 1: Do the Revolutions Spin The Black Circle Alive is the third to the last song I've seen him. Every time I've seen him, I think they've done Baba O'Reilly the Who cover, and then they end with indifference. So it's it's sprinkled in there with hits. I'm not saying that I don't know all of those songs. There's some some that aren't familiar with me just by title alone. But you're pretty happy with that, Yeah, pretty happy with that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It seems like every that you want better every third song better Man would kill Live? Yeah, better Man would crush live. So in rear view mirror, but I don't see that on the list either. It's time for another show. Well, it's time to at least tell you about know the show. I've got to take a break on the Flip. Alex is gonna ask you a question about today's show, and the winner is going to get Buzzfest tickets to come out and party with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth, So quick Break and All the Flip will be back with a question.
Speaker 3: Houston Rock.
Speaker 1: Houston's Alfairmative and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. We were talking about Pearl Jam. I looked up their set list from last night. Justin said, Rot, all you gotta do is look around Pearl Jam. The set list from April twenty sixth totally different. They do better Man and Yellow Lead Better. Okay, So I think Pearl Jam does that. I think they have a different, unique set. It's just you know, you hope that they play your favorite song when you happen to see them that night, but they just have a million songs.
Speaker 3: La la la, all right, thank you, La la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, time for another show.
Speaker 1: We got Buzzfest tickets for you, Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Side note, bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Vote for those local bands Saturday May twenty fourth. One of these thirty five bands that we have for you, we're going to be performing and opening up the show. All brought to you by Love Street Blonde for Buzzfest tickets. What's your question, Alex?
Speaker 2: We talked about a.
Speaker 3: New thing that people are setting alarms for today. Oh yeah, what are people now setting alarms?
Speaker 1: Seven? One, three, two, one, two five, nine four five. If you know the show, yo, what's up?
Speaker 4: What's up with smartphones, laptops, smart TV's tablets?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Whatever way you listen, we're there say tell you your smart device? To Lame ninety four five, The Buzz on IMURG Radio, ninety four five, The Buzz Breaking Benjamin and I Will Not Pout Rob Ryan Show, nine fifty three. I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of bring today. We got Claudie's guys most of the day. I have about eighty five good day to get outside, touch a little grass, as we like to say around these parts.
Speaker 6: He's now time for I know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: La la la la la la la la la la La Do do do.
Speaker 1: Do do do do do.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hello, Hi, who's this Jonathan? Jonathan? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Brother? Rod?
Speaker 2: So great?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. I'd like to get you a pair of tickets to Buzzfest. Don't f it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't, Alex. What do you got for a question?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: All right? We talked about a new thing that people are setting alarms for today, and what was that?
Speaker 1: They are lunchtime alarm? Lunch alarms? Yes, Jonathan, Are you a guy that you work during the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my job time to flow, but I usually have time to take a lunch.
Speaker 1: But everyone's going to blue moon off toward through it. How often do you take a break for lunch or it's just lunch, You're not you're not answering calls, you're not on the computer, You're just having lunch in the middle of the day. How often does that happen during the week for you?
Speaker 3: Probably every day, every day.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks, yeah, every couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: I hought to work through it.
Speaker 1: But okay, so most days there you go, all right, this guy takes a lunch, got the best there, got the best mental health out of all of us. Right now, My dad I working with these psychos at work eating at their desk every day. Dude, congratulations, man, you're the big winner Today'm goenna give you tickets to go see Busfest. Okay, awesome, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That's my first time going to Bustest. I'm excited. Nice.
Speaker 1: How does that happen that you've never been to Busfest before. That's crazy to me. Oh, I never get through.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I've gotten through in probably like three years.
Speaker 1: Yep. Good to have you on.
Speaker 7: Usually I try to usually try to get some.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of bed because my dad is actually got the party bus.
Speaker 1: Your dad is got what gus gus buss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he gets through.
Speaker 1: How does your dad get on the phone with us more than you because.
Speaker 3: He's up there at like four o'clock for fun.
Speaker 1: So that's what dads do.
Speaker 2: They get up at four o'clock, like you said, for fun, just for fun.
Speaker 1: When you get up at four and I'm just gonna like, I'm gonna putter and tinker around the house so that nobody bothers me.
Speaker 3: And I can tell anybody they haven't done anything today. I hain't your list off all the things I did. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you come rolling out at eight nine o'clock, he's like, you know what, I already built a over. I put it an attestment on our garage. There's a second floor in our garage.
Speaker 3: I built a deck.
Speaker 1: I did it this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, Jonathan, I'll see you at Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm excited about Boss, I'm excited about your first one. Hang on for me and shout out to your dad, Gus, Gus the party bus. Okay, we gotta go. Kyle is no longer on with us. No, he lost at Fresh speaking of Fresh out of Bed head to Head, Kyle lost this morning high Mark, So uh, it's it's got. We got a guy with a new set of downs. Tomorrow six twenty, we play this game called the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Read my lips?
Speaker 2: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Chili picked somebody to come in and play him so that we have another listener coming in to take on the Chile at eight twenty tomorrow. I don't know what the prize will be, but Chili'll put up good in there. We'll continue giving away Buzzfest tickets and ghost tickets and all that stuff, and that's it. Jeremy is up next. He's got the NonStop Nooner pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. He just gives you a whole selection of things to choose from in the one o'clock hour, your choice.
Speaker 2: He's nice like that.
Speaker 1: And then Alternative Income coming up in about ten minutes from now, another chance out one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So keep it here, Okay.
Speaker 1: The whole point of this thing on ninety four or five, the buzz is to, you know, keep you here. Yes, I was told as a young DJ. The trick is to keep him on the dance floor. Stand on the dance floor with us all day, and then we'll be back in twenty hours.
Speaker 3: A m.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Paige the Buzz dot Com