Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston's Beech Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we have reached the eleven o'clock hour, and I understand that a federal judge today has denied an urgent request by governor This, according to KTLA in Los Angeles, has denied an urgent request by Governor Gavin Newsom and California Attorney General Rob Bonta to stop what they call the unlawful militarization of Los Angeles by the Trump administration over its immigration raids and subsequent protests. The ruling issue just hours at the state of California filed a temporary restraining order to block Trump in the US Department of Defense from expanding the current mission of National Guard personnel and marines in Los Angeles. US District Judge Charles Bryer, the brother of former US Supreme Court Justice Steven also granted the Trump administration's request for more time to respond to the governor's filing. Hearing of that matter was scheduled for Thursday. The bottom line here is from where I'm sitting, and I'm more than happy to criticize the Trump administration, but it appears to me that for several days, the police department in Los Angeles was overwhelmed by the protesters. I heard today that on an average night in Los Angeles, and of course nightfall is now coming to the West Coast, there are as many as six thousand demonstrators in the streets. Now, I've watched the video on the major networks, on the cable stations, and I want to tell you what I have seen. Okay, I can't tell you that I've watched every broadcast, because I would be I would be disingenuous if I told you that. But I have watched enough enough to give you my impression. And my impression is that the crazies on the left have decided that this is the moment to try to recreate the twenty twenty Summer of Love, when cities like Seattle and Portland, Oregon were under siege, when federal buildings were badly damaged, when a police station in Minneapolis was burned to the ground, when literally businesses were destroyed. And I think that the Trump administration made a decision that the Los Angeles Police Department couldn't handle the situation, and they did decide to federalize the National Guard, the California National Guard. It's been done before in this country, and it's interesting to hear the Democratic officials, including the mayor of Los Angeles, Karen Bass, to argue about states rights. Sounded to me like the same argument that the racist Democratic governors of the Deep South, Les Dramatics and Orville Farbas and George Wallace and others for many years used that. They were arguing that the ninth and tenth Amendment would override any decision by the federal government. So Trump sent in the National Guard, and that seems to have a quieted things down. Now you have of Governor Newsom, who obviously is looking at this as, in my opinion, a way in which he can perhaps start his presidential campaign in twenty twenty eight. And Rob, I do have some some soundbites I'd like to play here for you, just for them for my audience. But this is Governor Newsom saying, I think making an outrageous statement. This is a nine seconds it's cut number seven, Rob, in which well, I want Governor Newsom to speak for himself. He's not pulling any sort of a punch here. I think he's engaging in hyperbole that is way over the top. Cut number seven Governor Gavin Newsom of it. We'll hold up everybody to a higher level accountability. But that's not what Trump is after. He's not for peacemaking. He's here for war. He wants a civil war on the street. Yeah yeah, okay, Now, if you agree with Governor Newsom, tell me how that comment is helpful. You have a bunch of crazy, crazy extremist on the left, just like we had crazy extremists on the right on January sixth, twenty twenty one, who decided they would take it upon themselves to invade the US capital, and they were convinced that they dressed up in paramilitary gear and all of that. And Donald Trump, I think was wrong not to call off those dogs quicker on that day than he did. And I think that Donald Trump was wrong when he pardoned all of them. Were there some individuals within that group when the fish, when the net came out, that were older people who who were not engaged in physical action, who might have been deserving of a pardon based upon the specific circumstances of their conviction. Yeah, yeah, But a blanket pardon for the j six protesters, including some of the Proud Boys who are now suing the federal government. Give me a break. So this is Newsom playing to his extreme extremists, and he's hoping that this does end up in some sort of a repeat, if you will, of twenty the summer of the Summer of Love. Twenty twenty. Newsom could have called out the National Guard in California to support the overmatched Los Angeles Police department, but he didn't. So Donald Trump did. And I think that Donald Trump was was did the right thing in this situation. Okay, you have federal officers and I guess there's going to be all sorts of protests this weekend, which is fine. Okay, there was an election last November, and I think that the vast majority of American citizens who who decided that on that issue immigration decided to vote for Donald Trump. But put all that aside. It wasn't a mandate. He did have a mandate. He won an election. Now he's doing what I think the majority of American people want. Not everyone, not everyone, but he needs to make sure that his and I have criticized his ice officers who have gone overboard with some of their arrest We don't need to be they don't need to be arresting eighteen years rolled high school students from Milford who were brought here as children. They do not need to be arresting graduate students from the Middle East who are studying at Tufts University because on the pretense they vote, they wrote some sort of a an editorial. It was like ninth grade quality writing. That's it. They could have arrested it for being a poor writer, but you know that's that's still not a crime. So I'd love to know who you're rooting for here. Are you rooting for what the Republicans, what the Trump administration is doing, or do you think Governor Newsom has taken the high road? Basically, Trump has sidelined Newsom in his own state. Now, I think that Newsom would have been very smart if, as a Democrat he said, We're not going to stand by and watch police cards burn. We're not going to stand by and watch businesses burn. We're not going to stand by and watch people assault of federal officers who are doing their job. We might disagree with the job, but they are there acting legally. We will challenge legally. But that was not what Newsom decided to do. And I think Newsom has written his own political obituary. If you agree, that's great. If you disagree, that's even better. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. We'll be right back on nights Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the phones, and again, this is a subject that I think is very important. There was a demonstration in Boston yesterday on City Hall Plaza, actually I think at the JFK building spilled over on the City Hall Plaza. There was a demonstration that I saw tonight up at the State House on one of the local new stations. From what I could tell, yesterday's was completely peaceful. People said what they wanted to say. They expressed their opinion, which is what we support. The demonstration outside of the State House today may have spilled onto Beacon Street, but I don't know that there was any uh. And I'll be checking as I talk to you in the next hour to if I need to correct myself, I will. But so far, at least in Massachusetts, demonstrations have been what they are intended to be demonstrations.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In Los Angeles, that's not a demonstration. That's a riot. Six thirty got a couple of lines there, and they got a couple of lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Again, you are invited wherever you're listening. Obviously we're a Boston based and a New England based radio station, but at this point our signal now is getting across the country, and of course on the internet, we are everywhere. Your point of view is welcome. Join the conversation. Let's go to will and Long Island. Will you your thoughts welcome, You're bat you next on Nightside.
Speaker 4: I have a couple thoughts, but I'm generally somewhat conflicted, but in this circumstance, not necessarily, especially given the history of California and Los Angeles, right, especially given the history under this president. Right, We've seen many times, probably in the past, not just under this president's presidency in his last presidency, but many times in the past that presidents should have done this, especially in California. So this isn't the first time, right. The I do have, you know, obviously some concerns about limiting free speech. Ever, but like you said, this is it's more than a riot, and with the history, I think this president, and it does have the fear that we could see what happened in twenty twenty all over again. You know, they're all the warning signs are there. That's what they want to do. That's what they want to do for the entire course of his presidency. Places like California, Seattle, and that entire West coast.
Speaker 2: We remember will they had in Seattle the autonomous zones where you know, and and there were two they actually didn't allow the police and they were two young black teenagers who had that in Chazz. Yeah, but there were two kids who went in there out of curiosity and they ended.
Speaker 1: Up being killed and died.
Speaker 4: Right because because the definition of an insurrection is when you take over an area by force and you do not allow the government or emergency services or anything to function. Literally, the definition of an insurrection happened in Chazz and in Minnesota, in the area where George Floyd was. So they had no go zones in plenty of areas in this country, even in New York over here in for a little while, there was right in these spots where police were not allowed in right, they had these rioters and insurrectionists lock police inside of police stations while they tried to set them on fire. And then the media told me it was an autonomous zone. But I watched a four hour riot happen at the capitol, and I understand your position on that. We differ a little bit about that. But I watched a four hour riot at the capitol happen, and I was told from that day forward, January sixth was an insurrection. That was an insurrection. But the actual textbook definition that I watched in front of my face, which is why words have meanings, which is why all of these things the Left tries to do, and then we brush it off as, oh, you know, it's just the war of words is important because words have legal meanings, and if they could confuse you and befuddle you and get your mind melted and turn our intellectuals into soft headed intellectuals in academia, that's how you wind up being able to pass off what happened in Chas as an autonomous zone and what happened on January sixth as an insurrection, and they are literally the exact opposite of that. Oh and by the way, if the President had used the Insurrection Act on January sixth, by the time he got the National Guard up, it was over. It was over before you could even get the National Guard up.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem, and again I don't want to get into the into the semantics here. I don't have a problem when you look at people who were smashing Capitol police officers over the head and basically taking over offices, Speaker Pelosi's office, taking over Senate chambers. You know, I'm not going to quibble over whether that was a riot or an insurrection. Clearly was a riot, there's no question about that. But you've got to understand the mind of the people who were going in there. And again, I don't want to get tied up on this. Will the difference that you and I might have. I'm willing to call what happened in Washington on January sixth a riot or an attempted insurrection, and I think I can defend that legally and definitionally. But I think what we're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna I'm not going to get into our differences on it, but I will say this, the reason I can't call it an insurrection in my mind is because there was no intention to take over, and it certainly was not helped. Okay, A riot breaks out and things happened. Maybe some people wanted to do some bad things, and a blanket pardon for what happened that day I don't think was proper okay, because there are some people that should be serving jail time for what they had done.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, again, no sense of us getting bogged down there. And all I'm your saying is that let's focus on what's happening. When I watched hold on just for what. Let me just make a quick points when when I watched over the weekend, and I'm sure you're gonna agree with me in this. When I watched one police cars being stoned police cars driving, I had no idea where they were driving to, but there was a line of police cars and guys just picking up boulders, rocks and firing them at cars as they went by. When I saw police cars being burned, when I saw people waving Mexican flags. When I listened to someone today on CNN, I was listening and they were trying to give me a history lesson on how that Mexico used to own the country of Mexico, used to California used to be part of the country of Mexico, and we somehow took Mexico. We took California and Arizona and New Mexico from New Mexico. So therefore the implication was we should be waving Mexican flags. Are you nuts? You want to have a war between Mexico and California and the United States of America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you couldn't even take that. We took you the alum all with a couple of handful of guys. There's not going to be a war obviously with Mexico, say.
Speaker 2: Used a lot of the rhetoric here. People have to get rid of the rhetoric and look at the reality. What he saw over the weekend had to be addressed because if it hadn't been addressed, it would have gotten worse. And again, you want to have riots, and you want to have police cars burned in the streets, and you want to have drivers of automobiles prevented from from conducting the day to day business.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Just And the amazing part about this is that governors and mayors in cities like this and in New York and at times in Boston, Okay, and in these bastions of left wing ideology, for them not to be doing their job and protecting the general public is literally a dereliction of duty. Okay, so not only to say don't send in the National Guard, to not be calling for it yourself, to protect your other constituents, not those rabid left wing nut jobs. Is now here Gavin for one second, though, I will say one thing about Gavin. Gavin has been getting a lot of flack for his move to the center. Obviously obviously the position himself for the next run. Okay, this is his move, right, He's right, but this is the area where I think he thinks he can go move left again, get some support of some of these people, and maybe three years from now the centrists forget that he did this at this time, Okay, because whoever makes the move to the center is who's going to win the election. That's how you do it, right, And I think he wants to for the you know, for the transgenders and women's sports and these other issues. He said, listen, we're losing the middle class, we're losing the blue collar worker. We're losing these people. They're trying to make a push to get them back. But right now, at this moment, he's trying to cater and candle to the base right and get them all fired up again and then get everybody hating Trump. He's going to find out this will backfire. I agree with you on that too. Thanks, so let me call that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate Tom, Thanks will appreciated much. Back to you soon. You have a great one. Tim is in Mouber and Tim, you're next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 5: I couldn't agree with you more that way. In January sixth were riots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're well, they're riots. And as they say, I think that there were people in January sixth who were figuring, somehow, in their perverted view of the world, that that somehow this was going to ignite a revolution across the country and that Donald Trump was going to be returned to the White House. And it didn't happen. I mean, it just didn't happen, and it was never going to happen.
Speaker 5: Based on it in that way. The burning, the burning, cause they got people there that are causing the trouble. Is it being paid the criminals. There's people there that are being paid in their criminals. There are cause trouble, it's out of control.
Speaker 2: I also think that this is going to be a little different from twenty twenty. In twenty twenty, a lot of people got away with a lot of really bad stuff, okay, and it was kind of tolerated because there was a sympathy abroad in the land for what happened to George Floyd. Rightfully so. However, however, right now, when you see I looked at videos today these punks, young punks, and I don't know if they were twenty or thirty or forty or fifty, but they were punks whatever. The age was masked up, and they had cinderblocks, pieces of cinderblocks, and as these vehicles ice vehicles were driving by at a high rate of speed by the way, it looked like they were heading somewhere to support, they're firing rocks at these cars from ten feet away right.
Speaker 5: Also, also they're getting on top of bridges and they're dropping them down on cos right on civilian cars, on civilian cos of punks, young punks.
Speaker 2: That's as far as I'm concerned. You drop a cinder block on top of an automobile on the one on one, and whatever they call it out, I think it's the one on one that's a tempted murder. As far as I'm concerned. That's an attempted murder, okay, and I hope that the Justice Department throws the book at these folks because that's what they deserve.
Speaker 5: That's what they andy out. By the way, I tell all, my friend, so listen to night Side.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you much, Tim. I appreciate that very much. You're a man in Rubrin, that's for sure. We'll talk soon, okay, friend, talk to you soon, buddy, Dan, You're welcome. We got to break at the bottom of the ar and I got some open lines, which always troubles me because if you disagree with me, and you think what's going on in California and Los Angeles tonight is free speech, pure free speech, and you want to make that argument something you want to associate yourself with. You can disagree with Trump all you want on this program, absolutely, and I'll join you in a lot of that disagreement. But I will be in very strongly against any suggestion that these folks are engaging in legitimate protests. They are engaged in riots. And the only way to deal with riots is to one stop the riot number one and number two, find the people who were engaged in that activity and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. There's no other options available. The only lines open right now are six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Uh, everything else is full. I got two lines at six one, seven, two, five, ten thirty. Fill them up. We were going to talk tonight about a Globe Boston Globe Suffolk University poll tomorrow which I believe see in the Globe, which is going to show that voters in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, three New England states are not happy at all with Donald Trump and they're not happy with Democrats. This might be an election here where there are some upsets, so maybe this sets the table for twenty twenty eight. So we were going to talk about that tonight, but I've gone right to the LA riots, which are again there's activity on the streets. I can't follow that. But if you are seeing things that you'd like to comment on, this is why we have the telephone lines available. And if you want to leave a message for us and on the iHeart app, you can just go to the button that you can tap the microphone button and you can leave a quick thirty second comment and Rob will get that it says, as I understand that it's called one tap. All you have to do is tap the record button on the full screen player, and you can speak for about making sure it's less than thirty seconds, and you can re listen to it. Make sure that you enjoyed that you said what you wanted to say, and you said that, you can send it off and Rob will it. We might be able to get it up in the air for you before the end of the program. Of course, this is a talk show, and without a without callers, the talk show is not successful, and I want a successful talk show. So that's why I want you to call. Whether you agree to disagree, all points of view welcome. Uh Again. I know Donald Trump has his flaws. We have pointed them out and will continue to point them out. But on this set of circumstances, I think he's doing the right thing. And uh, whether you agree to disagree, join the conversation only lines six point seven two, five, four thirty.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on BZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, got full lines, which is great, So let's try to get everybody in and we'll try to get everyone round right now in more Patrick and Charlestown Patrick next on nice saga right ahead.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Dan F.
Speaker 2: Patrick? Hope you are as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know when I see this thing, you know, it's just funny. Over like the last ten years, you see the same formula rollout over and over and over again from the left, and you see that you see that there's this sort of flow where there's a provocation created, like throwing cinder blocks at at federal agents, which is attempted murder. We've seen in Massachusetts, kids on the side of the road, standing at bridge passes. I'm sure you've you've heard up covered these stories, people throwing rocks off, going through the windshield and actually killing people. I think there was one on Route ninety three, maybe ten or fifteen years ago. It's attempted murder, flat out, flat out, no question. And we see we see. The thing that I've noticed over the years is that there's been a media structure without with the exception of Fox and places like you, that has covered the story in such a way as to punish the responders. So there's a provocation of like the federal government enforce in the law and then people oppose it violently, and then CNN and Boston Globe, New York Times cover stories about how bad the responders are, and they cover it ad nauseum, day in, day out, over and over and over again, bashing the good guys, bashing the good guys, bashing the good guys, until low information voters who aren't paying attention actually believe that the good guys are the bad guys. And I think this is something I've seen over the years, and I think that this is being a fashion. I think, you know, I read one time I saw a guy you might know. I think his name is Berliner from NPI is about for years. He's a member of the media for probably the last thirty forty years, and he left NPR maybe a year or two ago.
Speaker 2: As a guy named Berlin. Is that who you're talking about?
Speaker 3: I think so, yeah, I think that's his first name. But I remember his last thing is like Berliner was he went on he went on U, he went on a show with h Uh, this reporter who covered what, you know, his departure from NPR and when he looked at NPR of Washington. This is a direct quote.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: In d C, where MPR is headquartered, many of us live I found eighty seven registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 3: That is Berliner, who's a far more credible guy than I am want to I think over the last thirty years, probably a guy as esteemed as you in the press as somebody who's who's whose credentials can't be can't be even questioned. And so what happens is that that you have this massive bite there's just one example. Uh. And as a result of this, you have this situation now where even today there's this like this legacy where when now you see press coverage attacking Trump as if as though enforcing the law is this terrible thing. The majority of the people in the United States voted for this president to enforce immigration laws. And I just find it amazing that mayors and governors a major states fill as though they can choose which laws they want to abide buy and which ones they don't.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple of strands to your conversation, A couple of strands to your conversation. One. I think ABC News Terry Moran proved over the weekend that there's a lot of people who have posed as being fear reporters who once you have you know, once they're allowed to to to text or tweet after midnight on a Saturday night. He was the reporter and the ABC reporter who's been suspended for making some comments about one of Trump's uh support of Trump's staff. People got that guy, Steven Miller, who I'm not I'm not enthralled by. I think I think that Miller comes across as a as a tough guy. But whatever. So the one thing I want to mention you is that today California judge did not grant the Temporaries the t R O requested by Gavin Mill by Gavin Newsom regarding the administration's deployment of federalized State National Guard troops uh in Marines to southern California. Now, the judge, Charles Bryer, was appointed by Bill Clinton and Stephen Bryer's brother, former US Supreme Court judge, has set a hearing for Thursday. But the fact of the matter is that the standard for t R is fairly fairly low in a situation like this, and the fact that Judge District Court Judge Charles Bryer chose not to enjoin the president certainly augues, well, for the administration. The thing that is funny about this, okay, is that yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely. But but the thing that is funny about this is that you have the Democrats essentially arguing that this is a violation of states' rights, that that the federal government does not have a role to play here. Uh. And that's to me fascinating because that's the argument that conservatives used to use, the strict constructionists who had said, you know, rights not given to the state, or deny the federal government. And it's also the argument states rights argument last really utilized by the likes the ilk of George Wallace, Lester Maddox, or Ville Farbis. It's like the world has gone crazy. I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: Dan, can I ask you this one question?
Speaker 1: So, so, another another.
Speaker 3: Article I saw on this I just was looking up while I was sitting here was an article about the Washington Post back in the day where Tony Kornheiser, of all people sports colonists, yeah, out of forty nine top editors, was the only Republican at the Washington Post in nineteen ninety all right, so that's thirty five years ago. And so this is an ongoing rampant systematic discrimination taking place by media organizations across the United States to produce a single voice of no dissent. Which is why it's amazing you survived in this structure all these years, which is why I'm so impressed by you. How you survived this long. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well. First of all, as a reporter, no one knew what my politics were if I could cover anybody, and I was thrilled when someone would say to me, we watch you on TV for ten years, fifteen years, thirty years, twenty years, whatever, we don't know what your politics are. I was a reporter, You're not supposed to know my politics. Now I'm a commentator, and I'm I think I try to look at both sides fairly. Well, I'm Patrick. I really appreciate your time, but I've given you seven minutes and I got to run here. I got four folks coming up behind you. Thanks Patrick. We will talk soon. By the way, Again, the argument, I know sounds like a legal argument, but generally it was the Republicans or you know who were talking the federal members of the Federalist Society who always talking about the value of the ninth and tenth amendment, which is fine, but that that was last utilized by democratic, racist, democratic governors, and now it's being utilized by Governor Newsom, saying essentially, it's a state's rights argument. It's it's amazing, and that's I speak as a lawyer when I described that to you, and the Supreme Court decision dealing with the Arizona case said essentially that federal immigration law is reserved for the federal government. So I don't see where they go here legally. This time, we got four callers. I'm gonna get all of those in. Christine and Tom and Donna and Rick. You are all set, I promise, but we're gonna have to be quick. I gave Patrick much more dime than that I probably should have, but it was worth it. We'll be back on Nightside right after this quick messages coming back.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to get four in, so everyone's going to be quick and Christine's gonna set the standard. Christine next on Nightsider, right ahead.
Speaker 5: How are you doing, Dan, I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: Christine. What's your thought on what's going on across the country tonight? Apparently there was a city council meeting in Worcester that was disrupted by ICE protesters tonight, so that we're gonna see more of this in the days ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought tonight now on the news that they're gonna set a curfew for la tonight eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that curfew has just passed, And I think I think they're doing the right thing because I'm concerned. Yeah, they can't let this stuff get out of control.
Speaker 7: No, but like, why can't Tho Trump, Why can't he make a thing out of the ICE agents to stop it all? Why can't he make a point of, you know, saying something They just I know they're trying to do everything in the right way, but some of it is just crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what they need to do is to focus on the bad guys and make sure that the people who they're picking up. I don't think that it helps to pick up an eighteen year old high school student from Milford. I don't think. As I've said before, it's just bad optics and it's the quote of public opinion. And yeah, maybe that kid is here illegally. He was brought here at the age of five by his parents. Deal with that, not now, deal with that at some point when you've got the so called bad guys out out of the country. That's that was what he was elected to do. Well, make a.
Speaker 7: Point of that, Tump, Tump should do something about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I will keep we can keep it here all nights. They're going to listen to us. But that's okay, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you remember I forget what it was about when they were crazy that time in Boston they were brought in all the the storas and damage and all to us. I forget.
Speaker 2: There was some George Floyd's stuff there also was there before that, there was what was called Occupy Wall Street as well.
Speaker 7: So I was talking to I was talking to people about this night. What's the point of doing all that?
Speaker 6: I don't What's what's the point.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of them are anarchists. A lot of them are people who just they have nothing and they're anarchists. It's as simple as that, Christine. And they they feel that they're they're like a kid throwing a temperatentrum. Christine, I got three more. I'm gonna try to sneak everybody, and thank you much. Talk to you soon. I have a great night. Let me go to Donna and framing him. Donnie, you gotta be quick for me. I'm sorry, go right ahead, Donna.
Speaker 6: I agree with the bulk of what you're saying. Over the last few days, I've had a thought. So yep, remember Kent State. I hope that doesn't happen again.
Speaker 2: Absolutely horrific event. Horrific event. And uh you've got to control the people who you put out there with with weapons. And I'm not even sure that if they have live rounds. They they might have uh, you know, pepper spray and things like that, and they may they may have bayonets in the end of uh you know, guns, weapons, but I'm not sure that that they're going to give those guys live rounds under the circumstances, because I hope, but.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, go ahead, agree with I remember the iconic photo and you must.
Speaker 2: Too, right Oh sure, absolutely, the woman with the out stretched over the guy who who has been shocked.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's making me nervous. I hope something like that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: I'm totally with you, Donna. Thank you. I promise I'll give you more time next time. I promise. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Yep, go ahead, thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, real quickly, okay, Tom and Norton. Tom, you gotta be quick because they want to get to Rick and Bill Ricker as well.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Tom, Yeah, Well we're a fighter clock there. I saw a video today where it was they were passing out protective space shields to the to the rioters. Protesters who also brought those supplies down there. Didn't do that for the protection of the rioters. They just have to embolden them. They're trying to encourage conflicts. They want bloodshed. Then they can dance around on the bluz and say, look what the terrible government did. They're not doing a service to these people by bringing that tool and now the things on the ground there. As soon as the first marine goes down that it's it's gonna change everything and it's gonna be hard to pull back from that. I hope that doesn't happen. This is a very dangerous situation.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Anytime you attack public servants like that on that level of embolden like all, well, watching it now, you've lost your credibility.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 8: I'm listening to you. Once you stop destroying cop cars, and trying.
Speaker 2: No no question, no question about it, and uh, it's kind of productive. But from the perspective of people who want to bring the government down, meaning they don't like a democratic or republican government. They they want whatever the view of the perfect world is, whatever their view of the perfect social order, is simple as that some of those.
Speaker 8: People just might be looking for the opportunity to smash the stuff and actively.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta do some of those in there.
Speaker 2: You got it. Good, Thanks, Tom, appreciate you call again. Rick. Thanks for making room for Rick. Rick and Bill. Rick, I got about forty seconds for you. Rick.
Speaker 3: We can do We can do it. Tom, Will and Patrick and yourself all have great insight and I'm right there with you, great insights. It's the summer of love again and it's it's it's ridiculous, but this time Trump's gonna stop it from getting out of control. And he should. Kevin Newsom's a drama queen. He wants he should be an actor. He just wants to get in the when he wants to try to convince the people of California that he really cares. And he's a fake, a massive fake. So's he's probably an okay, guy, but he's more of an actor. He ought to go to Hollywood and not try to run California.
Speaker 2: I think you should go. I think you should go have lunch at the French laundry.
Speaker 3: Oh god, no kidding.
Speaker 2: So he can be with so he can be with the people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know how people can be fool But he's a Hollywood He looks like he's from Hollywood, and I just I just don't want it to turn into the Summer of Love again or or this. Yeah, the Summer of love and it was really the summer.
Speaker 2: It was really the summer of hate. But but you've described well what I mean.
Speaker 3: Is during that summer of twenty twenty and then but it lasted about a year and a half or something, and thirty three people died and they shouldn't live.
Speaker 2: You bet. I hate to do this to you, man, but you've got more time than I think that I could have given him up against it. Thanks Rick, great call, Done for the night. Everybody back tomorrow night. We'll talk about the legacy of Michael Decaccas with a new biography which I think you'll enjoy. Tomorrow night that'll be at eleven o'clock and my name's Dan Ray. I want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank Karen Bussemi who was our producer. Today. I'll remind you all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my Pelle, Charlie Rayes, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets are who passed. They loved you when you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. And I will see you again tomorrow night at eight o'clock. I'll see tomorrow at pre pro at pregame at four point thirty and I'll be on NIGHTE Saute with Dan Ray on Facebook in about two minutes. See you there, everybody,