Speaker 1: There's some shows coming to Austin want to tell you about. But first, or so, tell everybody about the photo you got from your friend Jennifer, who we call Jack.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she sent me a picture of Leslie. Do you remember downtown Leslie? Leslie Cochrane or Leslie Cochrane, the man with the beard and the hair lived downtown dressed like a woman or high heels. Became our unofficial front if you will, Yeah, unofficial mayor. She sent me a picture of him on his bike, dressed all sexy and said he would have turned seventy four this year.
Speaker 4: Was she tight with him or something?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I think she just.
Speaker 3: Ran across this photo, just ran across this info and sent it in.
Speaker 1: For New Austin Nights. Leslie was an icon in Austin. He was the I mean in the kindest possible way I can say.
Speaker 4: He was a village idiot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But everyone loved him right then. Everyone loved him. And he would wear pink thong and stand on the corner of six in Congress and he had a tierra on often a leopard print type of blow and high heels.
Speaker 5: Songs and a short top and ran for mayor and I believe got second in the mayoral election one year, so he would have been seventy four years old.
Speaker 4: Take speaking of Austin characters, go ahead, Jimmy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I was just saying he was a fixture everywhere downtown and was very open, like getting pictures with him. And do you remember it used to be able to I know you could buy him at Waterloo back in the day. It was like, you know, the little dress up kits.
Speaker 4: M hm, you know, like where you take a lardboard doll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a Leslie Changes outfit kit that he was selling because somebody stole a bunch of them from his warehouse ones.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he would you know, people would tip him. The would get photos with him and tip him. That's how he got by financially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's quite a character.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Austin characters, and Tones is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary all this summer. Did you guys know that Cliff at Anton's joint started nineteen seventy five? I believe the original was on Guadaloop, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: JB.
Speaker 2: Man, I forget, I've lost track. I think it's moved five or six times. It's been on Fifth Street a couple of times. It's it was in East Austin Ferlimentations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was on.
Speaker 2: It was on Guadaloop near campus when I was in school in the late eighties.
Speaker 4: Ire original. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our daughter was out the other day and texted Sandy, I'm at Antone's and I was like, I don't even know where that is now, Like she was at.
Speaker 1: The record store. Yeah, yeah, that's on which is record Yeah right. Anton's fiftieth celebration. They've got Soul Hat playing on Saturday night, and they have it's a twenty one and up show, a super ticket which includes a commemorative key chain that grants you access to all anniversary shows, plus drink tickets, Cliffy Dogs.
Speaker 4: I'd be a little leery of.
Speaker 1: A Cliffy dog, if you know what I mean, And a fiftieth poster and other merchandise that's happening at Antone's. Also, Blue October is playing at the Moody Amphitheater on Saturday night, if you want to check that out. And finally two shows this weekend. Yeah, they'll probably blend in pretty well here. But Fish is doing two shows at the Movie Center this weekend. So that's a band that people follow like they did The Grateful Dead. They travel to see them, and you'll see seventy year old guys that have been fans for twenty years that still follow them.
Speaker 2: Around, and a lot of girls in hippie dresses just on hie as a kite.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing I was thinking about that. I was like, you know, I think a lot of the Fish bands when they go let's say they go to Akron, Ohio, they really stand out in Akron and they are kind of superstars and they're different and they're weird and Akron. Right, Dude, in Austin, you look like everybody else typical Fish fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're not.
Speaker 1: Really, You're not really standing out too much, is what I'm saying. So anyway, those are just some shows that are happening this weekend in Austin. I will not be attending any of them, although if I had to choose one of them, it would be the Blue October Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which would be cool me too. Tby, have you been to the Moody Amphitheater. I've been, Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get them straight, there's the Moody the Moody Center. The Moody Center is the big one, but basketball right, the Moody Center is the hoops one. Yeah, yeah, okay, and then the Moody Ampathy that's the outdoor one, now correct. I have not been to the outdoor one. I've been to the one in the w many times. I haven't been to the one which in Waterloo Park.
Speaker 4: I have not been. I've seen it. It looks amazing.
Speaker 1: They did an amazing job with it all the way around, even the whole city block that it takes up our two blocks, everything around that still looks really, really really cool. So if you haven't seen a show at the Moody Amphitheater, it's a perfect spot for it too. In downtown Austin. You didn't think there's you don't think there's that much room for an amphitheater, but there is. Somehow they find room, kind of like they do on I thirty five and Mopak in three sixty they managed to invent land to make them late.
Speaker 4: That little park.
Speaker 2: I mean that's Waller Creek and they've been trying to clean up Waller Creek for years, and that's a big step and they're doing a lot of improvements down to where I don't have you guys been down on the hiking bike trail in the last I don't know, six months.
Speaker 3: No, No, I can't remember the last time I was down there.
Speaker 2: They've done a lot because Waller Creek goes right right by Rainy and all of that, so they've been they've been doing a lot to clean that up because that's just been an ice. Sorry, they talk been saying forever. It's, oh, it's gonna be like a riverwalk, Like do we really even want that in Austin? Would you want in San Antonio like riverwalk in Austin? I don't think I would. Yeah, yeah, Well, those those trails there because there's a lot to go from downtown up into Shoal Creek and those those have been heavily habitated by the homeless. So it's you wouldn't it's a little dicey right now, enter at your own risk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah,