Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen in this corner from the University of Colorado, thirty years in Lorraine, fighting for truth, justice and the American Way.
Speaker 2: There's a time that cancel the cancel culture. Glad you're here on this gorgeous spring Friday afternoon. Jesse Thomas behind you, last Ryan, a well deserved day off, Kelly, of course, answering your calls as always. Prayers for her father who is still in Icee. You quite a show ahead, my lord. Five six. You won't want to miss this. We're going to have this A wonderful woman we've been talking about all week on the show, a story that's really captured the imagination of our audience and beyond for very good reason. This is the story out of Steamboat where this nice woman comes home there's a beautiful elk in her yard, and then the elk runs off and gets caught in a deep snow bank all the way up to its neck. So this this animal is going to die. She calls the state asks for help. The state refuses, which I think personally is outrageous, and then this woman organizes a rescue party overnight. This is all unfolding later in the day and then the next morning, while they're eating breakfast getting ready to go out, the animal perishes. And I think this was, my personal opinion, just very cruel on behalf of the state. I'm not faulting any particular individual, but very cruel, and our state needs to be better than that. So anyway, this woman is going to join us at five six, so don't miss that. It'll just be great to hear from her directly. In the meantime. Lots to do eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number techs d an five seven seven three nine. And this, this whole issue of cancel culture is a great one to start with because I think it's one of the many reasons Trump won. Many of the big changes sea changes in America people are hoping for because of Trump's victory is to end this censorship. Because cancel culture. You can put other labels on it, it's just censorship. It's you know, what despots have done over the centuries to try to silence speech that they know will ultimately prove the despot wrong. So that's been page one of the left's playbook, which has been to censor. You know, you have to cancel people, you have to label them racist, bigots, whatever, you've got to stop them from speaking the truth, because that the left's positions on most of the major issues are just so obviously, fatally flawed that if people are allowed to speak the truth and know the truth and discuss the truth, then the left crumbles like a house of cards. And so they've they've had to resort to this censorship in many different forms. Now. The ultimate extent of that, of course, has been violence. And violence has been part of the left's playbook for a very long time, and we've seen that in action as well. Right, But this cancel culture censorship, which you see from certain prominent figures in local media on the left as well as nationally, is essential to the left survival, and so it's so important that it be defeated. And we've got a real life example that now. Listen, this member of Elon Musk Doze team that we're about to discuss right now. I don't know him. I'm not in no position to evaluate whether he is whether he is a racist or is not a racist, whether he actually holds racist views. I can't evaluate that. I just have to at this point, do I trust Trump and do I trust Elon Musk that they would not be taking this individual back without being very confident that he is not in fact a racist. Yes, I am absolutely trusting Trump and Musk and jd Vance, who's gone way out on this and I think very effectively. I'm trusting them on the fact that this individual is not a racist. If this individual is in fact a racist, no he shouldn't be part of their team. But this is all about some tweets he sent and this issue of wait a second, are we going to destroy somebody forever because of some stupid things they said once on social media or in some other context. And of course the left wants is double standard, right, They don't want to be destroyed for the stuff they've said, but they won't, of course their political opponents to be. So let me give you this version of the story from Oh, I'm sure the very unbiased NPR member of Elon Musk DOGE team resigns after racist post resurface. So this now, this is the earlier story. Musk has now taken him back and is under fire. Is the Trump administration for that? But the details of the earlier story. A staffer connected Elon Musk Department of Government Efficiency resigned on Thursday after now deleted racist social media post were resurfaced. Marco Elez el Z, Now is this the guy? Is this the guy CNN was doing all those bizarre stories on just talking about him and if there are kids in the car. I apologize for this language him being known as quote big balls. I mean, CNN actually did a story on this. I'll play the sound for you. It's pretty bizarre, but I think this is the same guy. Marco Elez, twenty five year old software engineer, was working inside the Treasury Department to cut costs and root out fraud as part of Musk's doge effort. Elez, who formerly worked at Musk companies X and SpaceX, was one of two temporary appointees at Treasury connected to those who have been granted access to a highly sensitive Treasury system that processes trillions of dollars in payments every year. The Wall Street Journal reported on a number of twenty twenty four posts from an account connected to e Lesk on Acts and noted White House officials this was earlier. He's now been rehired confirmed the resignation, But here are some of the tweets that the left says disqualifies him from working on this project. To quote and listen, I'm sorry to read this because and there's no N word or anything like that, but what I'm about to read these beliefs are obviously horrific and only a loser, only just just a true racist, could actually believe these things. So if this guy still really believes these things, yeah, I don't think he should be working there. The question is if he's now saying he doesn't and Musk and Trump believe him, should he be banished because of these tweets? So I'll read them now. Quote you could not pay me to marry outside of my ethnicity. The account rode in September, quote normalize Indian hate a separate post from that month. Read another post just for the record, I was racist before it was cool. So he got fired for those now. Vpjt Vance came out and said he disagrees with the post, but the quote stupid social media activity should not ruin a kid's life, So I say bring him back. Trump said he would support that. Musk replied with he will be brought back to airs human to forgive divine. So I want to get your take on that eight five five or zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Let's start with Dean and Arvada. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show. Welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, I didn't hear that racist stuff. But the reason I was calling, I didn't know any about that. I'm calling is because everybody's claiming, well, Elon Moss doesn't have a security clearence and blah blah blah, he's launching rockets government. I'm pretty sure he's got a top secret security clarents to be to be dealing with that.
Speaker 2: And you know what's going on with this, Yeah, you know what's going on with this Musk stuff is that the real reason the left is totally terrified of him is because Dane, I've got a little blowback on the back of your line. My friend going to put you on pause for a second. Here's why the left is absolutely terrified of Musk. It's not because of any of the stuff they're talking about. It's because he has the ability, as he just proved, to completely alter the playing field, I mean the presidential election. Right, the left has been used to just being able to outspend the right, you know, locally and nationally, and he put in two hundred and fifty three hundred million dollars and completely completely shifted the balance of power that election, and by the way, spent it very wisely. A lot of that was spent on that devastating ad just men and women's sports, et cetera. So, yeah, Musk can completely alter the playing field locally, nationally and for a long time to come. On top of that, he's very smart and he's very motivated. Now they've had Soros, right, and they've had their other billionaires, but Musk is in a position to balance them all out. And here's another example. Colorado. Okay, take Colorado. We're in this cycle in twenty six where they'll be an open governor's seat and then the Senate race. Hickenlooper unless he steps aside, some other dem Dems are likely to win here, right, But if Elon Musk stepped into Colorado, and if Elon Musk said I'm going to spend whatever it takes to get a Republican elected to the governor's office, to the Senate seat, or both, then there is a real chance at that point the GOP gets one of those two seats. So this is the mortal threat to the left. This is the mortal threat to the left. Musk has the money, he's willing to spend it, and he knows how to spend it. Well, that's what's really got them insane. And it's a beautiful thing to behold. And let's hope Musk does that. Eight five to five for zero five eight two five five TEGs d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: So this is a nineteen year old high school graduate who has used the unfortunate nickname big Balls online, so that would be one way that we could refer to him. He is now working at Musk's behest inside Doge and we looked into his background and so we found, you know, several notable things erin, one of which is that this individual has founded multiple companies, including one with another unfortunate name, Tesla dot Sexy LLC, which he established in twenty twenty one, would have been around sixteen years old. Now this LLC controls dozens of web domains. So, Kara, you know you hear this, and you have known Elon Musk for years.
Speaker 2: Anyway, can you believe CNN, I mean, Trump has officially broken CNN when they run that story who cares what his nickname is. Right. The issue here is that apparently he sent out some racist tweets last year, and at that point, I think there's a fair question that you can't have somebody racist, you know, working in the United States government. You can't have somebody racist working at high levels of the United States government. But do the tweets mean that he is a racist today? Fair question? Right. I don't know. I don't know the guy, I've never met him, but I trust Trump, I trust Musk. If they're saying, hey, those were stupid mistakes by a young guy, and it's not like he's twelve, you know, I think he's twenty four at the time, and that's not who he is. If Advance and Trump and Musk are saying this guy's not a racist, I trust them, And I do think we have to have grace, we have to forgive. I know, personally I want much more mercy than justice for myself, and so yeah, I trust those guys to determine if he's really a racist. If he's a racist as we sit here today, then yeah, he shouldn't be in that position. But this whole cancel culture business that the left depends on because they have to censor, they have to intimidate people out of free speech, or the left loses because they lose on the merits. So doing away with the cancel culture will be enormous progress in this country. And obviously we can't extinguish it completely, but is as much as we can do to overcome that the better. Now, listen, there are going to be some people who should not be in certain positions because they are racist. For example, I just don't know whether this individual is or not. I trust Musk and Trump on that. Eight five five or zero five eight two five five the numbers, So would love to get your take on all that. And by the way, here's a perfect example, though he was much younger at the time. Josh Allen, who you know, I think is seems to be a great person, great quarterback. He seems to be very well liked and respected by his teammates and around the league. I wish that Denver had drafted him. And that's no reflection on bo Nicks. You know, Allen's been in the league for years now, But you tell me you wouldn't take Josh Allen as the Broncos quarterbacks. So here's the point. You know, Josh Allen when he was in high school, so he was younger than this Marco Elez, who you know sent out these tweets last year, but he was younger, and he sent out a bunch of tweets with heavy racial overtones, things like, I don't think you N words want troubles on N word trying to get at me, about to show up these N words at pong. If it ain't white, it ain't right. And then, of course ESPN throws this one into the story I hate Lebron, I do not put I do not put the I hate Lebron in the same category. No reason to believe that was over race. But anyway, so Josh Allen, there's no indication whatsoever that I'm aware of from any of his other actions in life, be it in high school, college, the pros that would suggest he's actually racist. So yeah, this whole idea of destroying somebody over you know, a stupid mistake, a stupid especially a stupid tweet or something like that, I think America is rejecting. I think the election of President Trump is more evidence that America is rejecting that. And that is healthy for America because again, the left depends on right. They flat out depend on censorship to succeed eight five four zero five E two five five text d A N five seven seven thirty nine because they can't win a fair fight just based on logic and reason and truth. That's why they need the censorship. I hope you can be here at five oh six because we're going to have this tremendous woman who we've been talking about all week, the homeowner and steamboat who tried to rescue the elk that got caught up to its neck and snow in her yard and was dying. She did all the right things, got the state in vas state refused to get involved, which I think was was cruel and wrong, and then she organized a rescue party and then the next morning everybody showed up early, they grabbed some breakfast. By then the elk head perished. So she will be with us to tell you that story through her eyes. At five six. Let me get to a few texts. We'll mix in calls also, Jesse Thomas behind the glass. That's always a lot of fun. Jesse does the Rockies games, which means you'll be unavailable to us until November of next year. Right, because this is the World series here for the Rocky Correct book. And I've already bought a non refundable plane tickets at the hotel reservations count on it. Wonderful, Thank you, my friend. I just boy, everybody remembers October. So another one ahead, right, it's you heard it from Jesse Dan and the UK police would have standing to arrest that man for his text. It's happening daily there and happening in Canada. Wow. Can you believe that? Can you imagine living in a country that does that? Well, you better think about it, because that's exactly what the left wants to have happened here. Dan is elon Musk drawing a paycheck. I'd be very surprised, very surprised if Musk was drawing a paycheck. And but you know, I'll try to find that answer for you. Got a bunch of hot take sound today. I want to play for you just because it's so interesting. This one, though, leads to a much bigger point. This is Harold Ford, Junior Democrat, right, and so I think he's on Fox when he says this, and part of it's right, but I think part of it's wrong. Democrats are still drowning in the cultural issues. I think you're right, Greg, and I think you're right you Jesse, thank you.
Speaker 4: But ultimately, President Trump and Democrats have to understand he's going to be judged on whether or not he's able to deliver on the issues that got him elected.
Speaker 2: Can he That's where I think he's wrong when he suggests that the issues that got him elected don't include the moral issues. Let me extend that he.
Speaker 4: Deal with the economy in a way and make it grow and allow introduce America and sustain us in this golden age that he talks about, which.
Speaker 2: And here's where I think Carold Ford is missing something. There's this assumption among the left and elitists on the left. And I don't consider Ford an elitist, He's just a leftist Democrat. There's this assumption that all we Pians care about, right, that all we working people care about is the economy is money and it's important, right, I mean the way those prices skyrocketed. Of course, you know you couldn't elect Democrats. But but what they miss, and they've been missing now for decades since the Democratic Party took that hard, hard left turn and separated from working people Democratic Party looks down on working people. So what they don't understand is that for a lot of people in America, including a lot of working people, morality, core values, principles, faith, more important than money. Money matters, the economy matters, but morality, these values, faith, the quality of the culture our children are going to grow up in matters more to an awful lot of people. That's what the Left keeps missing. It was a big part of Trump's victory. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: This week's big immigration bust was a bust if you judge it by the fed's own goals and the results announced today by Fox News Channel. ICE agents said they were going after one hundred members of the Venezuelan gang Trende Ragua in Denver and Aurora yesterday. Now, while the Feds refused to tell journalists just how many arrests they made and how many of them were TDA members, the Fox News reporter embedded with agents said they only made thirty arrests.
Speaker 2: And wait a second, so it's a bust. They make thirty arrest three zero of people here illegally who have committed other crimes or TDA gang members. By what definition, is that a bust? And why do you have Kusa out there A pretending it is and b kind of celebrating it, right, Which comes back to this question. I'd love your thoughts on this. I've got my own. But why is it that the left is so determined to protect criminals. I'm not talking about people here illegally, and I understand people say anybody here illegally is a criminal. What I'm talking about is people here illegally who then commit other crimes, because that's what Trump is targeting now. So why does the left want to protect those people? Why would this media outlet be implicitly you can hear the tones celebrating that they quote only got thirty And wait a second. If you get thirty criminals and you're going to be removing them from our society, isn't that a tremendous success? And sure, fifty would be a bigger success, and one hundred be a bigger success, but five hundred thousand would be a bigger success. Isn't thirty a real success? Wouldn't ten be a big success? Wouldn't one be an enormous success if you were going to be the victim of that one? Yeah? But you tell me why all these lefties so determined to protect actual criminals people here illegally who have committed other crimes. To the point where the lefts holy grail is this bill signed by Polus that won't let probation and parole cooperate with ice in meaningful ways, where then you know you're protecting criminals have actually not only found their way into the system, which ain't easy to do, but they've actually been convicted and are on probation or parol. So why is the left so determined to protect them? Yeah, what's your answer to that? Eight five five for zero five A two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. My personal belief is that much of it comes back to the fact that the left views illegal immigrants as the key to their electoral success. And because this is they're very survival Let's say, because the left knows listen, they're not going to win, win, consistently, win enough based on their positions on the issues, right, I mean, they're not. That's why they censor and everything else, because it's ludicrous if people just the left can't win a straight up argument. So the left has to win other ways. It has to censor, it has to cancel, it has to shut down debate, and then the Left has to win through identity politics, and now that that's fallen apart on them, they're really screwed, right, So the Left has to win by completely opening the borders and no vetting and just letting people pour in, betting that they are going to end up eventually voting for Democrats. So the left has to oppose to the death anything which would appear to strike any kind of blow against open borders, anything that would in any way, shape or form discourage discourage people from flowing across the border illegally, because the left's whole game plan is dependent upon encouraging people to flood over the border. That's their future. So that's why they sit here, and make no mistake about it. They must, right, they'll never admit it to you, but they must in their heads do the math and decide that there's an acceptable casualty rate, because they must know if they're letting the borders remain wide open, that along with the good people who come in, there are going to be a lot of bad people. So the left knows that through these policies, you're going to have a lot of women raped. You're going to have a lot of children trafficked, You're going to have a lot of people murdered, You're going to have a lot of people unnecessarily die on the roads. But the Left knows that and they don't care. They're willing to have all those rape victims, all the kids trafficked, all the death on the roads, all the murder victims. They're willing to have all of that so that the Left can get these additional voters. That's who they are. That's who they are. And the good thing is America is starting to see that. America is starting to understand that. So when you think of all the harm, all the harm inflicted by the bad people who come in from south of the border along with the good people who come in from south of the border, and there are tons of good people who come in from south to the border. I've said before, some of the greatest people I've ever met in life for here illegally. But that doesn't mean we can have illegal immigration. But they're undeniably these evil people who come in along with the good people. And listen to this again, do you think do you think the commentator slash News reporter doing this piece. Do you think he wants any of these people sent away?
Speaker 5: This week's big immigration bust was a bust if you judge it by the fed's own goals and the results announced today by Fox News Channel. ICE agents said they were going after one hundred members of the Venezuelan gang Trende Ragua in Denver and Aurora yesterday. Now, while the FEDS refused to tell journalists just how many arrests they made and how many of them were TDA members, the Fox News reporter embedded with agents said they only made thirty arrests.
Speaker 2: Again, thirty, Yeah, I think that's anybody trying to make that out to be a bust, right, and the purposes to mock the fed's discourag of Feds, et cetera, encourage those the FEDS are targeting. In my constitutionally protected opinion, Yeah, anybody who wants to make that out to be a bust, figure out for yourself what they want to see happen, right, eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number, and it it to me. And I'm talking about this more broadly now at the higher political level. You know, the polices et cetera. The fact that they would be willing, that they would be willing to support these policies, encourage these policies that they know, they know they can't point to, Okay, it's going to be Jane Smith and it's going to be on February fifteenth, but they know these policies are going to get women raped, they know these policies are going to get kids trafficked, They know these policies are going to mean somebody's dad doesn't come home from work tonight because they're in a grave now, and they support them anyway. It's really hard for me to wrap my mind around that kind of mentality, but there's no question it exists. It's you've got to judge people, right, You've got to judge what people intend by what they do, not a one off, not some big mistake. I've made my share of mistakes, but by what they do consistently over time. And how can you draw any other conclusions from what these lefties support day in and day out. And they will still fight you to the death right now to keep that Colorado law that says, yeah, these criminals, they've been arrested, they've been convicted, they're on probation or parole. But but we're still going to severely limit the cooperation with ICE. Yeah, even today, while they claim, oh no, we want all the we want to cooperate with ICE on all the criminals. They're tying ICE's hands to protect the criminals. Why do you think they do that? Eight y five or zero five eight two five to five the number. So a lot of different things going on right now. If you just joined us, thank you. Uh. We're obviously talking about this kind of big story of the day of the Trump administration and reinstating Elon Musk, in particular his division, you know, one of their folks working at the Treasury who sent out some racist tweets last year, and the issue being, you know, should somebody's life, career, et cetera be destroyed by a mistake like that? Want to get your take on it, but also the underlying point, and I'm sure you agree, but if you don't, let me know that, wait a second, if in fact that person is a racist and those tweets weren't some stupid mistake that don't really show who they are, or that person hasn't since changed, if there are racists sitting there today, My view is they should not be in government, but should we be canceling and ruining people over stupid mistakes, stupid tweets, stupid social media posts in the past. No, I think that day has to end. You're on the Dan Kapla show. Wow, here's some interesting breaking news. Do you agree or disagree with this move? I think the move is not only justified, but one hundred percent necessary. President Trump just revoked Joe Biden's security clearance. And here's the way the President explained it. There is no need for Joe Biden to continue receiving access to classified information. Therefore, we are immediately revoking Joe Biden's security clearances and stopping his daily intelligence briefings. He set this president in twenty twenty one when he instructed the IC to stop the forty fifth president of the United States perends me from accessing details on national security a courtesy provided to former presidents. Her report revealed that Biden suffers from quote poor memory, and even in his prime prime in quotes, could not be trusted with sensitive information. I will always protect our national security. Joe, You're fired. Make America great again. So that tweet came down just a few minutes ago from in Trump. You can see it. I've retweeted it at dan Kaplis, so you can read it there if you'd like. I think it is one hundred percent necessary, right because he obviously can't be trusted with the information. That was the conclusion of the Her report, and that was years ago, and Biden obviously has been steadily declining since.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Was this done out of revenge, out of spite, whatever the motivation may be. But the bottom line is, it doesn't matter why President Trump did it. It's necessary to national security. Biden cannot be trusted with those secrets, and he would have been should have been prosecuted anyway, but would have been prosecuted even under the analysis of her if her concluded he had the mental capacity to understand that he was compromising national secrets. So yeah, I think it was an absolutely necessary move. Eight five five four zero five eight two five to five. The number texts DA N five seven seven through nine. Some texters on the last bit of sound we were talking about, and then please don't miss it five oh six. Millie Freed will be with us. She's the woman who so heroically tried to save that elk Up and steamboat, and then the state refused to help. The elk died while she was organizing a rescue party and they were getting something to eat. So she'll join us at five oh six, a real hero and really want to hear that story through her eyes. So a Texter, Dan, how many arrests would ICE have made if the gang wasn't tipped off? Whoever did that should be arrested and prosecuted. You know, good point. Don't know the answer to it. I says that Holman says, yes that people were tipped off on the Aurora raid. But you know what, in part what's going on right is I wouldn't go to the extent of saying self deportation at this point, but I think there is some of that going on, and there are some people just scattering because they know that the law is finally being enforced. And by people scattering, I mean folks here illegally who have committed other crimes, because now that is the focus of ICE. Dan. Don't you think the gang members are tipped off so they can escape before ICE got there or are they hiding somewhere else? Yeah, but also because of the promises that have been made by the administration right then, these TDA and other bad actors would already know, would already know that the administration was coming. Now, of course, there might have been I don't know, there might have been specific intelligence conveyed, Oh they're coming Thursday morning at six or something like that. I don't know if that happened or not, but if it did, yeah, that's a possibility also. But listen, it's been pretty advertised that the law enforcement is coming to enforce the law finally, and so if that causes a lot of bad actors to leave on their own, well that's a good thing too. I understand the risks they'll come back, but I don't think there's any risk that this administration is going to let up. Okay, yeah, these just get too long. I really appreciate all the text. If you can shorten them up a little bit, that helps me get them on air eight five five Z five two five five text D A N five seven seven three nine. Again, Milly freed with us at five oh six. You won't want to miss that. So what's your take on this? What's your take on President Trump just moments ago terminating Joe Biden's security clearance. I wonder if there's anybody out there who disagrees with this, that's a good question, isn't it. And if somebody disagrees with this, how could they? Yeah? And this I think also goes to a broader point that whether you know you think the election of President Trump saved America as I do, or you hate them that I think everybody has to concede that his team, the organization, his own discipline is phenomenal. I mean, look at the way they've been hitting on all cylinders since election day. And I don't mean absolute perfection that doesn't exist in any human endeavor, but better than anything we've ever seen in the start of a presidency. I mean, look at this. They're so organized, they're flooding the zone. Every day there's something major, and they're just swamping the left. And what they're accomplishing at that point is so great because it's the other half of the big payoff for this victory right, which is exposing the left to the American people as the left, the Democratic Party has this nervous breakdown right in front of everybody's eyes. So this Trump team so well, so well calibrated, just keeping the pressure on the left, and there's some sound from today. You really need the video, So I hope when you get home, I hope you just find the video today of a bunch of elected Democrats trying to get into the Department of Education and they confront this security guard and Maxine Waters is kind of leading the way and they are literally the Democrats are having a nervous breakdown. But the coolest part is the security guard who's like some guy off the office, you know what I mean. He's Maxing Waters is, you know, just yelling at him, and he's just so calm, He's so cool, he's so obviously bored with the Democrats. It's I just hope you look at it when you get home. Nothing other than the video can do it justice. But it goes to this bigger point, and we see so many examples of it, the left just melting down in front of people's eyes. And as a former Democrat, I'm here to tell you there is so much value in that because you pay attention all this stuff, right, or you wouldn't listen to a show like this. But there are so many good people out there who just have chosen not to pay attention. This stuff's too aggravating, or they can't change it or whatever. Fine, but but they vote out of habit, Like for years, I've voted for Democrats out of habit and they don't realize how dramatically the Democratic Party has changed. And so now when when Trump is re feeling the true wacko, far left, secular kind of anti American nature of the powers that controlled the Democratic Party, you got a lot of people who normally vote Democrat who just can't believe what they're seeing and it's going to change how they vote in the future. That, combined with the success of Trumpet coming up a tremendous guest at five oh six, Millie Fried that the hero who tried to save that elk up and steamboat the State letter down. You'll hear the story through her eyes on The Dan Kapli Show.