Speaker 1: Monkeys is a delicious gay berger I heard with epic with I'll.
Speaker 2: Show you're gone ruling dead get except with simmer sweet pursuing it, puddled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a gop status. How we're starting to get Crattit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Dun in z out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on hang out with her friends, rocking on the radio. My boy's business.
Speaker 1: Kin talking on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's time to to this false Kin, all we go, Kaki, Christine up and listen, all.
Speaker 4: Up on the radio.
Speaker 5: I'm any sex jokes. Do you think Patrick can't lay heard growing up? Oh my god, I'm saying. Also got a lot of can't play yeah, oh yeah, a lot of golf humor. Yeah, that's the voice of Kevin. My voice is skin. This is the voice a little baby corn bread.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good too.
Speaker 5: That'd be cool if that was just a drop we had of her saying that, Hey guys and we harmonize with it. Yeah, we're the Ben and Skin show.
Speaker 1: For now.
Speaker 5: Ben is on vacation. He went on a big golfing excursion. What no, But he will be back next week and then things will be back to the way they normally are. We hope we can entertain you in the interim lots to get to today. I'm very much looking forward to the end of this hour, the bottom of this hour when, after weeks of build up, we finally got the conclusion to John mulaney, the comedian and rider fighting three fourteen year old boys that happened last night, finally finally to lead up. And I can say that two members of the show watched it. I was probably about ten minutes behind it live, so I just gave it away. One of the members besides me of the show watch it. Another one just drink a bunch of scotch? Was it Kat who could find out? We'll find out. So was the guy who's been hyping this up for a month. He was he the one that decided not to watch it and drink scotch. Stick around and find out. I'm sure the suspense is killing all of you. Okay, I want to play a little bit audio here for you.
Speaker 1: KT. Christina was nice enough to go in here and edit it, edited it. There are going to be four voices in this audio.
Speaker 5: I want you to see how many of those voices you can identify. She's going to play the audio all the way down and as you go you will write down the name of the voices.
Speaker 1: I feel like for sure you'll get too of them.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you'll get all four unless you've seen the clip, which is possible, but the scenario is that it's famous people sitting around talking.
Speaker 1: Locked in, Katie, I'm locked in, Okay. I have a full length bush right now.
Speaker 7: I floor length, not floor length. I don't think I couldn't grow it floor length.
Speaker 1: We don't know yet. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Saw me once at a bath in my bathtub.
Speaker 8: When you came over and I was in my bathtub, and it was the first time I think anyone ever saw my from that angle, including myself, and it was so insightful.
Speaker 6: Remember what happened?
Speaker 9: I was, you shave it and then you end there and I was like, I don't know, what, can you take a picture.
Speaker 4: I need to see it.
Speaker 1: Seeing it through someone else's eyes must be fascinating the fact that so much amazing.
Speaker 5: All right, whoa my first gay? Now we'll play it for you again and give you some more context. But can you name there's four voices there? How many do you think you can for sure name for sure? Two?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: I'm a maybe on three. Uh huh, and I would have to hear it again to get to right. I think I know the two that you know immediately. Let's see. I'm gonna write them down to see if I'm on the same lay wavelength as you do. You want to go ahead and say the two that you know for sure Seth Myers and Sarah silverm Those are the two that I wrote down. I was very confident that he would know those two. Now we're gonna let you listen to it again to see if you can come up.
Speaker 1: With the other two.
Speaker 5: Can I guess the one at the end? You can guess whoever you want. I think I know the guy at the end maybe. Okay, do you want to guess? Now? My guess is that the guy at the end is Idris Elba. That's a great guess. Okay, it's not accurate, damn. Now, Christina beeped out some words that we couldn't say on the radio. And then at one point you will also hear her beep out were soon Sarah Silverman is saying the name of the lady who walks in and saw her bush from that angle? Okay, okay, so we'll play it again, Yeah, the great band Bush. We'll play it again, and then you'll see if you can name the other two people.
Speaker 7: I have a full length bush right now. I floor length, like floor length. I don't think I couldn't grow it floor length.
Speaker 1: We don't know yet. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Saw me once at a bath in my bathtub.
Speaker 8: When you came over and I was in my bathtub, and it was the first time I think anyone ever saw my from that angle, including myself, and it was so insightful.
Speaker 6: Remember what happened?
Speaker 9: I was you shave it and then you end there, and I was like, I don't know it. Can you take a picture.
Speaker 4: I need to see it.
Speaker 1: Seeing you through someone else's eyes must be fascinating the fact that so much it's amazing.
Speaker 5: All right, do you need do you need to understand more context about what's actually happening right there or do you have? Okay, So Sarah Silverman it's talking about her pubic hair being very full right now. And then she tells a story about this other lady walking in as she's taking a bath and going, oh my god. And she's like, wait, what are you freaking out about? She's like, you groom it and you stop there. She's like, wait, I can't see take a picture of it. So this other lady took a picture of it and then showed it to her. Okay, And then they're having the whole conversation, and then at the end the guy just jumps in with I can't believe you all are do.
Speaker 1: Can I guess one of the ladies? Yes? Low voice? Olivia mun was guess one? Okay, the other one that could be Olivia Muntwo is it Carrie Coon from the White Lotus?
Speaker 7: It is not.
Speaker 5: I'll give you one more hint. She had a comedy show that featured a little person oh comedy and used to have sex with fifty oh Chelsea Handler.
Speaker 1: Yes. And then the guy at the very end that just jumps in with the amazing line, It's an incredible line. Can you play the line again?
Speaker 4: Game?
Speaker 1: I know I'm throwing you on the spot here. Chewye was the name of her little guy. Yes, it was Chewy Yea.
Speaker 5: The fact that so much, the great Native Texan, one of the most talented humans on earth.
Speaker 1: Jamie Foxx, Jamie Foxx. Wow, isn't that a fun game? Yeah? That is fun. That was at the Hollywood Report Roundtable thing. That's a good bit. It is. It is all right, We're off to an incredible start.
Speaker 5: I mean, you did not think you were going to hear that to start this showing.
Speaker 1: Up next and things I'm tracking.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about how people feel with the Stars and the Mavericks getting ready to not be roommates anymore.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all that next.
Speaker 5: Right here on the Eagle, the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, and we're flipping things around. This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works. That's the brewery there in Salina, Texas. At Me and Ben are partners in and we got so many exciting things coming up here in the summer and then going on into the fall. We're going to be opening our new mothership in Frisco. We have a big Rollertown Open golf tournament on October the fourteenth that supports the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which by the way, if you didn't know, is based right there in Frisco.
Speaker 1: There's cool. You know it's going to be a fun day.
Speaker 5: You can get signed up for the tournament, you can their sponsorship opportunities, all that stuff. You should be following Rollertown Beer Works on all the social media platforms for all the things we have coming up. And then of course, if you want to get beer to go and you can't get all the way up to the brewery in Solina, that's okay. We have a lot of our styles out in cans all across the metroplex. Almost every Tom Thumb has it, almost every Albertson's Total Wine and more, HB on and on. If you a buyer at a chain store or anything like that, you want to carry us, We're carried by Benny Keith. Reach out to your Benny Keith distributor and they can get your roller Town Beer Works right there in Solina, partners with Ben Rogers and a lot of people that you would enjoy. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Skinny track. Another edition of things is traffic. Thank you fam Do you guys care?
Speaker 5: So there was another round of articles that came out today because Rick Welts went and did something for Wall Street. Rick Welts is the CEO of the MAVs and he went and did something and he was interviewed, and so there's a lot of things that came out of it, and there's all these articles that are written about it. But people are leaning back in on the Hey, he said it once again. The Mavericks and the Stars are going to no longer be roommates. They've been down in that building, I think for thirty two years. Does that sound because it started what like two thousand or nineteen nine?
Speaker 1: O oh, you know what, it's twenty three years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, I had those Yeah, I had those numbers reversed, not thirty two, twenty three.
Speaker 1: And so because the Stars won the Cup in ninety nine at Reunion, Yeah, and we've been going down to that.
Speaker 5: Hell, you, Christina, for a long time worked next to the American Airline Center when you worked at the Ticket because that's right there too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were the Ticket had already moved there when you worked there. Yeah. Okay, by the time the lights off at the old place off at Maple what what year was that it had to be twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: Maybe, Okay, yeah, me and Been we're at ESPN at that time. We left the ticket in two thousand and eight. But anyways, who cares about all that? So you guys were going to that building for both all the time and still will do now. Obviously for me, I go to every mav home game. I mean there's probably only two or three a year that I miss if it's a national broadcast and I just can't make it out. But even if it's a national broadcast, I still try to go. So I'm at that building for that all the time. I do go to Stars games occasionally, but because there concurrent with basketball season, I can't be there every damn night. So it probably affects me a lot less than it would affect other people that they're not going to be in the same building together anymore. Do you guys have any sentimental attachment to the idea that they're in the same building.
Speaker 1: Do you guys care at all?
Speaker 6: I mean, I mentioned this last time we brought it up. I just like the fact that it is kind of like a coming together of both fan bases, you know, and them both being in the same spot. To me is really cool. And we have two statues outside of both Madonno and Navitzky. Yeah, I don't really know how they're gonna handle that, right, And the street is called Navitsky Way, right.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of the teams being together the occasional. I know it's tough on the people that work at the arena, but the occasional four or five times a year where the Stars to play a day game and the MAVs that play that night a double dip, and it's just a buzzing thing and the co mingling of our sports teams. But this is not happening that often anymore. There's five or six now that still do the basketball on Honky, so it makes sense that the MAVs would separate. I've lost sentimental value to the American Airline Center because I remember as a kid being there and seeing it from the highway. But with all the high rises and what's happening over there with luxury apartments, I really have lost my attachment to it.
Speaker 5: The other thing too, and this is some real and I get what you're saying, and this is some real, like insider high falutin bougie crap, but I don't have to deal with the parking issue that other people have to sure with. And if I were to go to a Stars game, I can reach out to somebody and get parking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I really do genuinely feel for the average person sports fan that just parking down there absolutely sucks.
Speaker 1: Those suck. So I wonder about that now.
Speaker 5: It seems like the Stars have it said this publicly, uh, in you know, an affirmative way.
Speaker 1: I predict that they stay in that building. Yeah, and you know, and own that building like they already co own it, you know what I'm saying, But like that becomes the House of the Stars, and you know, there's probably gonna be even more concerts there if the Mavericks aren't there. We're still six or seven years away from that house.
Speaker 6: Okay. Well, and that was my next thought is there's a lot of businesses down there that kind of rely on these sports crowds coming in almost every single night.
Speaker 5: So what are they gonna do if there's no more MAVs games. They need way more concerts. Okay, they need way more concerts. But no, you bring up a good point, and that's the whole thing about real estate. What part of town quote unquote stays hot and all that stuff. I mean, I'm really interested in what's happening down in the Design District because I think it's always been a cool, interesting kind of area. Man, people are getting priced out of that thing because all these outside developers bought it up and they want super high end clients because super high end clients will pay super high end rent, and so it starts changing the complexion of a neighborhood.
Speaker 1: For a concert, we're talking about fifteen thousand or so at the American Areland Center. I know, twenty thousand capacity, but fifteen thousand for a concert. But that's where dicki'es in Fort Worth has kind of taken that. Where you would see a lot of shows at the American Areland Center, those mans just go to Dickies now, and they like it because Dickies is nice. It sounds great, and I think you see a lot of that. And you're tapping into Fourth. Fourth is almost just as big as Dallas, Like it's an easy right off right there. But like that size of a venue is needed in town because outside of Dosequi's Pavilion, you don't have a venue that's big enough to fit a ten to fifteen thousand, you know, yeah for concerts, like they do need to utilize it more for concert No, they absolutely do.
Speaker 5: And I also wonder too, like whatever the Mavericks build, they're going to do concerts there too. It's not going to be a basketball only they're saying, Hey, it's a basketball only arena, but there's still going to be concerts there. Yeah, And let's face it, depending on where it is. I mean, we know who owns the Mavericks and what their background is. The second that you know gaming is legal here, they're going to be you know, every casino has a concert venue because you want concerts there.
Speaker 6: You know how awesome it would be like during halftime to just go play some slots or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh it would be so good. Oh hold on, I know we got a hustle bit. Yeah. The Dallas Wings could hypothetically absolutely play where the Stars play, right, I mean the Wings could go play where the Maps play. Well they could, but they's there's still there seasons happen happening.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, the season you see what I'm saying, Like we're years away. Why wouldn't if it's a basketball it's if it's built in basketball Why wouldn't the Wings go there? Yeah, and you know the w NBA plays way fewer games. Anyways, I'm just I'm interested in all this from our perspective as fans and what we are sentimentally attached to. All Right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. It happened last night. John Mullaney fought three fourteen year olds and we'll talk about it next right here on the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Hot God, every stay on the top in the shove. Last night was the fight of the century comedian John Mullaney who just sold out. Uh, well, you just added another show at Grand Prairie in November. Wait, I don't know about the John Mullaney show.
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 1: He's gonna stand up? His stand up act was coming to Grand Prairie and he sold out the first night, so we added another night. Is it that place never sells out? It's the CPU? What's that? Yeah? Texas Trust's theater.
Speaker 6: Is that the one see theater?
Speaker 1: See youth Theater? Yeah? Yeah. I saw Bill Burr there. I like seeing shows there. I don't like comedy shows. We saw tenashou Ste there. Uh like it as a music venue. I don't know that. I like it as a comedy venue. Yeah, okay, but hey, screw me. Whatever point is Last night Live on Netflix he fought three fourteen year old boys. Sounds stupid. I was texting you guys, are you guys? Are you guys ready? Did you watch it?
Speaker 6: I was not able to because someone in my household was playing Call of Duty.
Speaker 1: I would like to say the last month, it's been a little in my crawl that the entire nation has not been all over this like they hurt were Mike Tyson and Jake Paul? Like Mike Tyson, Jake Paul clear money grab this clear fun bit.
Speaker 6: This is probably a better fight than that one as well.
Speaker 1: That's nice second sad, we'll get to that in to a second. You were all full of Johnny Walker blue, weren't you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I forgot how good that was.
Speaker 1: It is amazing.
Speaker 5: It's a perfect, smooth, smooth, perfect blended scotch to drink while watching adults fight kids.
Speaker 1: Just don't have too much though, you'll get the runs. Oh so what that doesn't happen? Okay, so yeah, you got you got over to Netflix. I watched it. Okay, Now I.
Speaker 5: Will say that you know, you can go watch it live. So I jumped in halfway through the show. And when I jumped in, I was watching for a few minutes, and my wife immediately said what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: She goes, God, I remember watching this before. It is so boring. I think it's great. I I guess I need to see the highlights. Maybe, yeah, I think it's just an hour variety show. It's I think it's wonderful. And then they go and now here's Sean Penn to suck mar life out of the room. Yeah, Sean Penn was a bad call. No, there's no doubt. Hey sometimes you miss Hey and Sigourney. We did it last week. Just sucked the life out of the room. I mean, I was like, man, where's the good part of this show? Well, I think that's where we get to it, all right. So I didn't pull audio because I don't think a lot of audio would translate well to radio for this situation. Uh huh. He get stuck to just doing the show, which I like that he's stuck to it. And the theme was teen night this week just took some fun calls from teenagers. Is pretty funny. Adam Sandler was one of the guests was pretty great. But who was that pretty teenage girl that was on there?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 1: What was she famous for?
Speaker 5: Well, that was having an expert. She's not famous for anything. Oh, she always have an expert. She's just a rando girl. She was actually one of the writer's babysitters. She looked like a I thought she looked like an actress. I asked my wife, Ago, what is she on?
Speaker 1: But he's real pretty. But it was teen Nights. They had a sixteen year old girl serving as the teeny right, well they had an uber driver last week. Yeah, gotcha. And here comes the boys. Now they're here comes the boys. They introduced John mulaney just like that. And then the boys got a huge, huge entrance and they get to dap everyone in the audience. But they're wearing suits too. Yeah, it was pretty great. And the headgear and headgear and they get in the ring and the rules are no punching, kicking, no biting, no headbutting.
Speaker 6: Okay, so there is an entire ring set up like a box of wrestling rings.
Speaker 1: Yes, And they went to four separate corners. Yeah, okay, four quarters. And I thought it was a strange strategy. John went after the biggest kid because it was a two hundred and twenty five pound fourteen year old.
Speaker 5: What the what the And by the way, we should say, the rules were, if any of the kids tap out, John Mullaney wins.
Speaker 1: If John Mullaney taps out, all three kids win. Yeah. And he was trying to get to the one hundred and five, the little Indian kid. He was trying to get to him, but they but he took on the big boy. But he went after the big boy first because I think he was trying to get him on the ground. Yeah, And then and then they just started I thought they were going to break his leg because they had him a couple of times they had they grabbed one of his legs right, pulling it.
Speaker 5: All going in different directions, and they whipped his ass. They eventually got him to the ground and the big boys on top of him, and I think it was the Indian boy started choking him a choke hold. Oh no, and Mullaney tapped out, Okay, I'm telling you about how long in until he finally forget it.
Speaker 1: I would say ninety seconds match, but it was quick, but it was kind of crazy, and John Mulandy was trying not to laugh, yeah, while also trying to win. But once they all three were able to get their hands on him, I mean six hands, they outweighed him by two hundred pounds. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize until they did the introduction that they chose fourteen year old boys because it's his age divided by three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, yeah, I didn't realize that either. But they were playing off of one man versus a hundred man versus a gorilla, right from a month ago.
Speaker 5: So they did a forty two year old man and they came up with three fourteen year old boys.
Speaker 6: It would be hard not to laugh because just he probably just realized what he just got himself into. What's happening right now, I've got these fourteen year old kids just coming at me.
Speaker 1: Serious.
Speaker 6: He wanted to kick my ass.
Speaker 1: It was so real though, a hundred times more real than Mike Tyson and Jake Paul. Okay, but tell her the best part. What's the best part.
Speaker 5: The best part is that as soon as the match was over, Bone Thug and Harmony came out and performed Yes Crossroads Okay, to complete a bit. That's episode five of the seeries which we played on this show and played audio when he was trying to get so. The second the match ended, the door opening bone Thugs and Harmony came out and launched in across the title belts over the shoulders. It was one pretty great Okay, yeah, it's worth watching. At least go watch the fight online. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one. The Eagle coming up next. What's happening in this news quickie?
Speaker 1: Here? Kat, Why is Ben's hero Kevin Costner getting sued? Oh it's a bad reason.
Speaker 5: Ben and Skin Show, ninety one point one, The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with me, Tizzle, a little baby, garm Bread. It's your fam, kt, Christina and Skin. Ben on vacation this week, but he will be back next week. All Right, I'm gonna do music news here at the top of the hour. I want to tell you about something I'm pretty excited about. And then we'll talk Texas Rangers, we'll talk sports, we'll talk playoffs, Coy. We've got a lot to get to, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Give me that moves quickie. First one I have. So the tenth President is John Tyler. Okay, okay, John Tyler, is this breaking news? Uh? Yeah, it's happened. It then the last day or so. Yeah. So John Tyler still had a living grandson.
Speaker 6: What just a grandson? When don'd you think that's like great great.
Speaker 5: Grand Yeah, that's amazing. So you must be like one hundred years old or something. Yes, okay, so he had fifteen children. Oh my, but back in the day you have all those kids because.
Speaker 1: Only like nine are gonna make it through their teens. So he was the last president to have still have a living grandson. I guess we now we would go up to the eleventh or twelfth one. Isn't that crazy though?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And now this guy died at the age of like ninety He was ninety seven, so I think he was ninety eight when he died. Actually, all right, boy, is that while that the tenth president still had a grandson walking among us until yesterday? Yeah, that was pretty wild. New York Times once called John Tyler the most unpop people are man to have her hold office. Well, here's the first VP. They didn't know what was to come. They didn't know what was to come because no one likes and never did like Bill Clinton.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I thought he was going Jimmy Carter president by the end of the Biden presidency he was so popular. Yeah, I hope he's doing okay with it.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hawes and pray for them. Kevin Costner, owner of the Keida Irving. He's been sued by a stunt performer from the set of Horizon to you know, part two of the fore part Lords. Did that one actually come out? I don't remember, not yet. Okay, still, but they're still going through with it shot and it sounds like if he's lost amount of money here, it's a good time to sue him too. Money. So the stunt performer claims that she is thirty four years old. Her name is Devin Labella, porn star. Yeah, claims that she was put in an unscripted rape scene without warning or proper filming protocols.
Speaker 5: God, oh my god, that's weird on set to go Hey, you know, let's let's squeeze a rape scene in here.
Speaker 1: The story is crazy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I will tell you that Costner's got a lawyer that's kind of the name of which you would imagine one of Jerry Jones's lawyers to be Jerry Jim John John and J Marty Singer. Marty Marty Singer says there's absolutely no merit to this, but get Martyer on the phone, says this. She said the scene in question was explained to her after she performed performed the rehearsal in character with another actor, okay, and then she says, there's a contract too that you have to have like forty eight hours before you go and do the scene. And it's like in their contract, and her job is to step in for the actor during physical scenes and to perform the stunt while the cameras are rolling. These scenes are usually rehearsed, choreographed, and there's a lot of time and there's a antima see coordinator, which there wasn't, she claims. So she performed these stunts with that incident, and then she said things changed very drastically because and Cost's directing this, by the way, So she arrives on the actual actress who is playing this part, arrives on set that day, learned that Costner had requested some additional scenes that were not on the call sheet, and one of those required an actor by the name of Roger Ivans to climb on top of her and to violently hike up her skirt, so it's simulating it's a rape scene on a wagon. Yeah, okay, Well because all this, like the actress was like, why I don't like this and you're changing the scenes that I'm not prepared for this. So she walked off the set refusing to do the scene. So her stunt performer, Devin Labella, the person who's suing Costner, jumps in there to step in. While she's not a stand in performer, she's just a stunt performer. She's not supposed to on a whim without seeing the scene this, so basically she has to go through with this sexual The scene of that's got a lot of you know, it's bad, and she's kind of gonna let this guy just kind of, you know, violently pull up her skirt and who knows how many takes they did and all that stuff. God, she says, without proper notice, consent, preparation, or appropriate safeguard measures in place. So is getting horrid now again costs you know, attorney very he said, She said, no way, Well, we've we've never gone down like that. There's people on set. I mean, that's another part of it is it was it was playing back to people on set as well, and like usually for scenes like that, they it's like, no, it's a close set today. You can't have caterers around and friends and family and agents and all that. It's a this just the people involved. This is gonna be weird. Apparently that's very happens in sex scenes and and things like that. Right, right, So we will see if he makes it through this and it gets to horizon three and four.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering how many times she had to do that take.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I do think about this a lot. I don't watch a lot of Westerns, no, but there is a lot of stuff that I've seen that are Westerns. There is this overriding foreboding all women are constantly in danger of sexual assault. Yeah, I mean that's just kind of the nature of the wild way. Amasion in distress is what they use it as a disguise. Absolutely, And it's like it's one of the reasons why I'm always uncomfortable with Westerns, and that just ominous thing hanging all. Right, We're out here all alone and this stranger just came up. What are his intentions? Yeah, I mean, it's just I it always makes me feel so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It gets really really bad now costners again. Attorney just keeps like denying it, but she's after the scene's over, she's there crying. Also, a couple of the other stunt coordinators. We're kind of being like, what do you speak up earlier? But if you had a problem doing it?
Speaker 6: They were all male too, of course they were.
Speaker 1: Oh man, boy Kostner.
Speaker 5: God, Horizon has got so much positive momentum. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next in music news. I want to tell you guys about something that's going on Saturday that's kind of near and dear to my heart, and we'll play a little music to get you excited about it.
Speaker 1: That's next here on the Eagle Music News. All right.
Speaker 5: The Eagle has been a part of your music community here in the DFW for a very long time. Yeah, centuries, centuries, even before radio existed, the Eagle was here helping local bands. Back during the ten pan Alley days. It was just right here supporting all your local music. In fact, a lot of people don't know how our studios set up, but if I just do like a hard ninety to write, I see.
Speaker 1: Christina, Hey, what are you doing in there?
Speaker 6: Just hanging out?
Speaker 1: What is aren't aren't you in a local band?
Speaker 6: I am in a local band.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it?
Speaker 6: Nirvana cover band were called oat Mill Pizza and uh yeah, do you want to know our next show and everything? I absolutely do, Christina, Hey, our next show is a big one actually. So the Cicada is a little venue out in fort Worth. I love the place and we're putting on a big event. Well we're not putting it on. We're involved in a big event to save the Cicada. So we're playing it along with a son of Stan I know they're on the bill as well, and just a bunch of local bands.
Speaker 1: So, and it's June eighth.
Speaker 5: The June eighth is a Sunday Okay, our buddy Jordan who is in son of Stan Georts George. I saw him at the White Denim show and he had just you know, I guess I saw it on Instagram talking about you know fort Worth. We mentioned this recently. It's got over a million people now. Fort Worth is the number eleven market by itself. Crazy and that crazy, but also what happens is is then things change and it's kind of like what's going on with Deep Elm is wildly different than it used to be because a bunch of land developers own big chunks of it and they change it. And then we can have this whole conversation about gentrification and then this other conversation about you know, the characteristics of a neighborhood. You live near Oak Cliff and the Bishop Arts District, and that's always been a thing going on down there, and all the people that were in on oak Cliffe early and then the developers coming in.
Speaker 1: It's always this tug of war.
Speaker 5: And a place like North Texas where money's coming in and people are coming in and real estate guys that were sports coats in the summer are wanting to just you know, make their profit.
Speaker 1: I get it. Business fuels the world. I'm just saying, it's just a thing that we all have to deal with.
Speaker 5: And so your venues have to deal with that too, and little tiny venues that struggle to stay in business but have a lot of character, like the one you're talking about the Cicada.
Speaker 1: Ye, Like, you have to do things.
Speaker 5: If you cherish those things, you do have to go to local shows and support it and literally be a part of a community. There's always been complaints here locally that the music community doesn't do a good enough job of supporting itself. I think if people knew how many DFW musicians are out there operating on a huge level, like I'll find out stuff like, oh yeah, he went to Booker t he's the music director for Janet Jackson. That stuff is all over the music industry. I'm telling you, we just crank out elite level musicians. But there's always been complaints about how our local music scene functions. And if you're a big music fan and you listen to The Eagle, so you probably are, you need to really try to carve out time to go to local shows if that part of a city's identity means something to you.
Speaker 1: And so I love that you're doing that.
Speaker 6: Christiana, Yeah, I'm excited to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: We on this show want to do more things to support local music, and we will try. And I got to text message. My DFW music thing is kind of goes up and down, and there's time periods where like me and Ben were leaning in on sports radio and I wasn't as involved in the music scene at that time. Period because I was having my wife was having babies, and I was trying to figure out my professional life going to games. I was going to games and during that time period, there's a guy who's a people probably know him if they go to restaurants a lot around town named Rob Dunlap, Big Rob Dunlap.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yes, he's a seven footer with a crazy long beard. Okay.
Speaker 5: I played high school basketball with him. I've known him since we were teenagers.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 5: I met him over the summer last summer at Yeah Good Ones. Yeah, he's currently working at Good Ones. He's worked a Neighboroods, He's worked all over the place. But also him and another one of our homies, Ryan Sutton, that went to These two guys went to Bertner High School with me. They are in a band called the Golden Falcons that was gigging a lot during that time period where I was not around the music scene, so I never actually to see Robert's band live. They're doing a twenty year reunion of their album, the Honduras Album okay, and they have pressed up one hundred copies of it on vinyl and they are performing at the Double Wide this Saturday night.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to support them. They're my homies.
Speaker 5: I think it's awesome that they're wanting to get back together and you know, do this after all this time. And so I have one of their songs Christine, I would like you to play it now. It's called Balm. And if you go on Saturday night to go see the Golden Falcons and they are going to be playing with another band called hawk Verse Dove. Yes, yes it is a badass name. The opener is Minor Tigers. So think about what a wildlife building we should have done around the wildlife one is here it is. Here's Balm from the Golden Falcons.
Speaker 4: It's fun and double wyant.
Speaker 6: It's always time.
Speaker 1: And think about the guy singing as a seven footer with a beard down the ass. Yeah, this sounds like crap I'd listened to man. Yeah, turn it up. I have a song called up the Moon the Gutter and Ferguson Jenkins. Can I get you guys to go see Golden Falcons with me Saturday night? I'm gonna be out of town. What an ass I have alf tournament? I hate you? But Christina the Hondura's album on Spotify.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so come buy your copy of the Honduras album. I mean, and not only that, are you kidding me? You also get to see Hawk, Verse, Dove and Minor Tisible. Uh So they're gonna be at the Double Wide Saturday night. And again I can't explain how awesome. Uh So, Ryan's gonna be. Like man, Skin's talking a lot about rob what about me? You're great to Ryan, but I can't tell you how awesome Robert. I mean, I played basketball with him. I love the guy, and he's seven feet tall and he's cool as f And imagine that guy up there singing that song. So go out to the Double Wide on Saturday night, support local music and buy a copy of the Honduras album. All right, coming up next playoff time or maybe not for the Ranger. We'll discuss all that right here on ninety one point one The Eagle, Ben and Skin Show nine one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Maybe you're thinking about delicious pizza. Go to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, proud sponsor of this segment right there in good old Plaino, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different styles of pizza, and that's probably why they were voted best pizza joint in all of DFW by the readers of the Dallas Morning News. They have a Philly tavern style, which is like a thin crust style. They have a New York style classic fold to join over and shove it in your mouth. They've got the Detroit style, which people love Detroit style pizza, and then the deep to Chicago and then their own Dallas style pizza with the buttercrust. Oh my god, it's magical.
Speaker 1: Go check it out. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 5: Great bar, great pasta, incredible pizza, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, and Plano.
Speaker 1: But right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Now, let's go.
Speaker 3: Around the sports KD fun queens as all the sports.
Speaker 5: Ye yeah, I do have them. Dallas Stars are limping. They have one leg left. It's the They have their final well possibly their final leg tonight. They could fall over tonight.
Speaker 1: No, we got this tonight.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 6: We woke up with a good vibe. Tonight. It's back at home. They got it. Next game maybe not, but tonight.
Speaker 1: Yes, Shippy's going to be there. We're good.
Speaker 5: Okay, Shippy's going to be there. That does change things? Should we tell people who Shipy is? He's the DJ for the Stars and the Mavericks and he was on this very show for many years. He was on the Ben and Skin Show, I probably five or six years nineteen and he was a intern for me and Ben at ESPN Radio. Yeah, and he was a completely different person when he was a young guy trying to impress old people.
Speaker 1: Little ship, Little ship. He was hilarious. So we know what's happened. We touch a little bit of that starts. It starts playing to night. Good luck, go get it. If you win. It's three to two and you got to go to Edmonton's. There's a lot of have a great let's go get him. But we thought their season was over what twenty days ago?
Speaker 5: And Miko Ranton was, you know, what if what if Tom Cruise came skating out before the before the match they called him match right? Uh, skated all around the skated the skated the cup.
Speaker 1: Around the rink.
Speaker 6: Have you watched one one game?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Every game?
Speaker 5: Okay, I've watched every match and and came out there and skated the cup. Let's move on the Thunder going to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was a pretty good game last night, man. I really liked the fight that Minnesota showed. So that thing was over and the first quarter man over the first time during the playoff series when they go to the locker room and they show Anthony Edwards leaning back in his stuffed easy chair scratching his chin, you know it's over. And they did that after the last game, and I was watching that, going, Okay, he's already doing this posturing they've given up now. I did not think that I would walk home from having cocktails with my good buddy, who I see like three times a year. If you guys ever been to the Hotel Swexon, man, it's too fancy for me.
Speaker 6: I think I have been there actually with Mary Siroy.
Speaker 5: So yes, it is very It's not very far from where the Siroys live. It's right around the corner. They call it the Swecson because it's a mixture of Swedish and Texan. Interesting anyways, my buddy works down there, and uh we live crazy separate lives. But I've known since I was sick, so I just want to go hang with him, you know, try to find time. So we met down there because you know, I can get down there in fifteen minutes from here. And uh sat down. We were, you know, having our cocktails or whatever. Avery Johnson comes walking in. Whoa Maverick Great does a lot of business in Dallas. So I got to introduced my buddy to Avery.
Speaker 1: That was cool. Then you know we seven o'clock's all right, we better get our asses home.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go have dinner with the wife. He's gonna go have dinner with his lady friend. I've walked in the house. By the time I walked in the house. The I'm sorry, the thunder were already up thirty Yeah. Over, I was like, are we not even gonna try?
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 1: I knew this was gonna happen. It was I think what I saw it. It was seventy eight to forty. That's what I'm worried about tonight with the Stars even like we get down we need tom cruise. When you're at home, you try, so the Stars will try tonight. Okay, what do you basic? Minnesota though? You could tell? Yeah, because they played great in Game four and they they had a really good chance to win Game four. Yeah, they kind of had a feeling like, okay, right, we're not gonna we They had a fight here.
Speaker 10: That's a day.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's an excruciating loss. Yeah. You shoot the wault like they did and lose that game, Yeah, because that would have tied up the damn series.
Speaker 5: Everything changes crazy tonight We'll have Nixon Pacers, No, yeah, Nix and Patris PACER's going for the for the closer. Yeah, tonight is the clide five Yeah, Pacers up through. We'll see if the Knicks tried. The Knicks will be at home, so they will try.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's trying to get motivated to go to Oklahoma City and like, you're in Oklahoma City and try your best. The Knicks tonight at home, they're gonna try. In fact, they're gonna take it to game six. Oh you think so I would love a seven game series. I wouldn't because now I wouldn't, because I mean, game sevens are great. But if we want some siwhats of an interesting NBA Finals, then we need the Pacers to win, get some rest, and then these teams are fresh.
Speaker 5: I would say in this case that rest doesn't matter because the only way either one of these teams stands a chance against the Oklahoma City Thunder is if it's the Indiana Pacers and they're just on a heater, Like, the Pacers are a wild ass offensive team and they have games where they hit like forty five percent of their threes and they're unbeatable. If they're gonna if either one of these teams and that, I actually think the Knicks are a better team than the Pacers, but the Pacers are gonna win this series. I think the Pacers have a better chance of competing with the Thunder, but only if they shoot out of their fricking mind. I don't think the Knicks stand a chance against the Thunder. I think they will snuff them out and murder them on live television. I think the Pacers stand a chance if their wild ass style of basketball leads them to make three point shots. Okay, so, and that's my two cent on the NCAAH. I have two minutes on Rangers real quick. Okay, what's happening with them is kind of amazing, right, It's also terrible. Yep, it's kind of amazing.
Speaker 1: So when this series started against Toronto on Monday night, Josh Smith let off the first inning and got a base hit. The Rangers for the rest of the series scored three runs total and only had twelve hits.
Speaker 5: But they got to win in there. They got to win in there one to nothing. Yeah, they took a shutout to win.
Speaker 1: Last night. It's zero zero, go into the night, they cannot score a run. It's amazing good baseball. And now there is a pretty big talk. Evan Grant's got a big article and it's like, at some point meritocracy can't matter. Marcus Simeon, who's being paid a lot of meritocracy has to matter. What's meritocracy? Meritocracy is when you get you get the work because of the merit of your work.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, somebody Kim, I've heard that word in years, So I'm saying it doesn't matter anymore. Right now, it doesn't matter because they're not hitting. Yeah yeah, and that's what they're kind of they need. They're having this dance in their head right now is do we have to take a Dolly Scarcia, arguably the heartbeat of the team, and then maybe you're kind of captain guy Marcus Simeon yep out of the lineup because they're so gosh damn bad.
Speaker 1: But we still seeker still out right.
Speaker 5: Seeger was back last night, okay, and he came back with a good over four happens, man, he's been sitting around.
Speaker 1: Evan Carter's going to be back next week. Like they still haven't had any games with the full offense. But dude, Simeon and Garcia are a mess now. They're putting the team in awful position.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Evan Carter, do you guys see Garrett Wood at the BFD show on Sunday?
Speaker 1: It looks just like him. It's crazy every gain.
Speaker 6: But talkie's all over all professional.
Speaker 5: The guy who's worked with us looks just like Evan Carter. All right, thank you, KT. That's good sports. So the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle coming up next. We got some news audio for you because you guys need to hear about these toads in Florida.
Speaker 1: That's next on the Eagle. Well, wildlife due now, I says to also tease ahead to the weekday update in the five pm hour where we had a bit of a wildlife situation up in Frisco? Is that right? Give you the latest on that here, okay, man, Right now, though, let's go to Florida, Christina.
Speaker 6: All right, there's just one the NHL. What their conference?
Speaker 1: Oh the Panthers? Yeah, okay, yeah, just keep the sports A pretty good sports update from Christina.
Speaker 6: What I'm here for?
Speaker 1: They just won the NHL whatever they do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, uh, there's this thing in Florida called the cane toad. Okay, and uh when I watched this news story, I really enjoyed it. Let me ask a questions as I want to hear this and Florida. Caine can refer to powder, that it's a drug or narcotic. It can also refer to a hurricane. So are these toads that are dispersed by hurricane or toads that are dispersed by cocaine. I'm not sure, but maybe this audio will clear it up. Especially listen closely for the old guy.
Speaker 11: Living within the Fort Myers Shores area. Tell me they have to be extra careful when they're out walking, especially at night. That's because dangerous toads could be lurking right in their path.
Speaker 10: They're ranging anywhere from flime to probably two or three times that size.
Speaker 1: Okay, he said, anywhere have you said in this footage? Oh yeah, that guy's four eight. Right. He is very small. He looks dominion, or he sounds dominion. He's a little bit Lyle from Napoleon Dynamite, Yes, anywhere from for.
Speaker 5: At first I thought it was a Lyle situation, but he sounded He ended up being more articulate.
Speaker 1: Articulate there towards the end. How about his method of sizing up this animal?
Speaker 10: He uses produce the range anywhere from flyme to probably two or three times at chaze.
Speaker 11: Long time Fort Myers Shore's resident, Nick Bodvin, says he sees cane toads lurking in his garden every day. He says they don't bother him much, but he worries about his pet rabbit.
Speaker 1: Okay, what okay? The toad going to his pet rabbit. Now here's you're gonna learn why. I think I know why. If you lick them, they're poisonous. It's the most disgusting toad. There is a hypnotad. This is the only toad that I know that needs a milking table.
Speaker 6: Well as the poison experts say, these toads.
Speaker 5: As far as I know, they're poisonous. I haven't had time to confirm or look this up.
Speaker 6: Running away from it.
Speaker 1: A person once told me they're poisonous.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he says, they don't bother him much, but he worries about.
Speaker 6: His pet rabbit.
Speaker 1: Well, they're poisoners.
Speaker 11: Experts say these toads secrete a milky toxin right from their backs.
Speaker 12: They can lay any from like eight to thirty thousand eggs in a clutch.
Speaker 11: There's already a large number of cane toes lurking in this Fort Myers Schwartz neighborhood. But Danini says there are ways too safely remove them.
Speaker 1: Hu.
Speaker 12: Main way you can do it is actually to capture toads with gloves. You can rub some orig ol or anything with benzo cane and it.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't get origel when I have a toothache. I'm not going to get it to dispose of a toad. What are you talking about right now? I can go buy some orage ol man put it on the toad. If you find you a lady that's down for oragel merrier.
Speaker 6: Okay, there are ways too safely remove them.
Speaker 12: Human way you can do it is actually to capture toads with gloves. You can rub some rigel or anything with benzicane in it, and that actually can anesthetize them, and if you put enough on it can humanely euthanize them. Other people just throw them in freezers.
Speaker 6: Why just throw them in there?
Speaker 1: First of all, he just said the humane way is to make some wild chemical reaction that's creepier than smash them, and then you know, just throw them in the freezer. Guy, this is supposed to be like the reputable one. In this too reput reputable humane way.
Speaker 12: You can do it is actually to capture toads with gloves. You can rub some origel or anything with cane in it, and that actually can anesthetize them, and if you put enough on it can humanely euthanize them. Other people just throw them in freezers.
Speaker 11: Dannini's research shows a native water snake in the area that can feed on cane toads. If you need help removing these toads, you can also reach out to the county for hell I'm reporting in Fort Myers Shores, Alexiapolis Golf Coast News. Why is that last name has a lot Alexis Golf Coast News.
Speaker 1: We don't know where her first name ends, and it's a good thing on gotta the County on speed dive. Wait a minute, Hold on a second. What about this tiny old man that has a pet rabbit and he lets it out, like what is what?
Speaker 6: He wants to hop around in the grass, and I still let him have some time.
Speaker 1: I don't think he should be worried about the toads. I think there's going to be other wildlife. They're like, oh lunch BlimE to hold on.
Speaker 10: Do they range anywhere from ulime to probably two or three times anywhere?
Speaker 5: So wait, hold on, If we're going to do that measuring system. Once you leave the lime, don't you go to an apple if it's two or three times the size anywhere from the lime.
Speaker 13: To an apple size maybe two or three limes, half half a bag of apples. So there's only there's only three options here. You can make the wild chemical reaction, you can just toss them in the freezer.
Speaker 1: Or will we contact that one water snake.
Speaker 11: Danini's research shows a native water snake in the area that can feed on cane toads.
Speaker 6: If there's just one, you're right, we did just gloss over that back. Well, if you want to get a snake to eat it for you have a snake problem. He can I borrow you're a water snake to come over here, and you're out of my toe. You'll see why I love Florida so much.
Speaker 5: Great it is insane, then never ending gift. Thank you, KT, that's amazing work. You've made me a better person. All right, it's Sementa and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. I'm loving what we have lined up for this hour. I think you're gonna have a lot of fun and we're gonna get into some one hit wonders here at the bottom of the hour. But this is a very important topic that all of the Metroplex cares about. Right now, it's time for this. You're all work from jowboards.
Speaker 1: Too good, cowboy. I actually don't think it's an important topic, but I want to bring it to the air because I do think it's kind of a it's a philosophical thing. They don't undersetill this man, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: It's not important is the important topic of the day. It did hit home last night. I saw Troy Aikman on one of the news channels doing an interview and he was kind of doing this cynical thing too. No, I don't think he was doing it on purpose, but he was saying, here are a lot of positive things about a lot of teams this time of year, which is true. But right now the Shoddy hype is real. For as much as he was just destroyed for being hired as the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, because people wanted the Cowboys to do a more exhaustive search for the head coach, the much maligned shoddy Brian Schottenheimer the offensive coordinator last year, but not the play caller. Loved our offense last year, Well he didn't have he didn't call place, all right, what his offense was?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 1: O think he's just there, all right. The point is, then a week or two later, the MAVs trade Luca and goes to Hell and handbasket. So now we get to hear a little more shoddy around draft time and into the off season and they have off season workouts, And I'll be damned if there's not a lot of people who are very bullish on Shoddy. Bullish means you think it's gonna be good, yeah, yeah, yeah, And bearish is bad, right. I have read some of these articles as well. This happens often with new coaches. But this is interesting to me because I'm struggling as I and I've gotten less so as I've gotten older, but I'm still still struggling with this and to not be cynical about things like this. Yeah, you're inherently cynical, I think a little bit. But I'm trying to, you know, yeah, try to wash yourself clean of some of these things. Dance yourself clean. So you know your articles about how he is a you know, very positive, energetic, We've seen all this stuff. Rookie running back, Jade on blue. I think we're just gonna go jade and blue, right, So I just don't like how it's spelled. Yeah, jade and blue uplifting. Somebody could be having a bad day and he comes in starts screaming. That helps me A coach that can relate to like that, that helps me be better. Screaming. Yeah that's weird. Okay. What stands out to you New Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens Energy? This is a business where a guy like Shoddy he can bring the energy every day. No matter what the energy is, he's going to bring it.
Speaker 6: Let's go back to the screaming thing.
Speaker 1: I guess Dak. He's doing just a hell of a job. He's just doing a hell of a job building the culture and in a sense starting over and understanding that we do have to do it from the ground up. It's been fun. Okay, he sounds overcaffeinated. So you have all this stuff and I'm like, okay, so what specifically are you doing to do this, because just being a coach, there's a lot that you have to do. You know, wear a lot of hats. Now it's a little different. That's why I think judging Brian Schottenheimer on his past is not fair, right, you should judge him on what he shows you as his first time as a head coach.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they had a crawfish boiled first to have a off season workouts, So why not give the job to broad us. He's one of the best crawfish boil guys.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: They were cooking pizzas and many brick ovens in so basically just a backyard in Allen. They were having a barbecue cookout after team meetings on Wednesdays. So these guys are gonna be fat. Yeah, I know he's been vetom. He came in and brought everyone Waterburger breakfast and to everyone in the building, they're gonna be real fat. They're real fat. That waterburger is delicious. Accounting, Marketing, human Resources, Joan and payroll. They'll let the front desk. He brought him water burger, and Jerry's eating his mcgrid.
Speaker 5: Only you remember you remember the story though, where Parcels would put all that fast food out and then shame anybody that ate it.
Speaker 1: Remember the story, No, Parcels a different time. Man.
Speaker 5: He would put fast food like this out and then if players start eating it, he would start shaming them.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't care about your fitness. Huh.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, he's got a giant bag of fast food behind his desk, big old fat, sloppy barcels.
Speaker 1: Now, he's also been gathering a handful of players together every night and taking them to Denver to dinner. But if he took them to Denver.
Speaker 12: Them.
Speaker 1: Going back. Dude, I want to take you guys out the Red Rocks, getting them all high on to edibles and then coming away. No, but you know, because it's really easy to take someone to dinner when you know you have a Cowboys members only speak easy, a club that you can go in that's pretty exclusive. Yeah, a nice little restaurant up there at the Star. Yeah, he's been taking that. It's the beauty of the Star. There's a lot of nooks and crannies of cool stuff. Schottenheimer said, And try something here, Oh try shoddy, shoddy voice. Excuse me, it's you know, a rough draft. Yep, Hold on here. Now I should have said it, because now you're in judge it. We try to get four or five or six guys together and talk about life because he's got a little shit. You hear that. You don't need to backsell it to me. Football rarely comes up. Come on, you take six football players out to dinner and you're never talking about football. We do football all day long. We do it all day long. What I want to know is I want to know why Javonte Williams named his dog? What he named his dog? And where does this story come from? And all those things? Hold on, dude, And then they asked him, what did Gavonte Williams name is dog? And he didn't know that.
Speaker 6: That was my next question.
Speaker 1: Sounds so empty.
Speaker 6: He didn't know if my dog names to remember?
Speaker 1: That is how you couldn't know? So I like that he's trying. Is he trying to Washington centicesm off my body?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 5: But like in some ways that sounds like a guy who's performing a role. Like basically, people know if you're really invested in them or not. And just because he forgot the dog's name, I'm not saying that equates to he, but I'm saying there's also like certain coaches will do stuff in performative fashion, especially first time coaches. Yeah, you've just got to be yourself. If this is who he is, great, that'll resonate with the players and they'll connect with it. But if you come in trying to perform a specific kind of a role with guys, they will sniff that out so fast and you're like, hey, I want to care all about Yeah, I love you. Wait, I forgot what's the name of your kids? Like that's never gonna cut it. No, Maybe he's learning, Maybe she's actual learning. He was just on the spot there for Javante's dog, all right.
Speaker 1: He also put together a putting competition around the masters, planning an upcoming hockey competition to honor the Dallas Stars run through the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Okay, did we not do free throw shooting? Contest at a Cowboys camp when we were out there. No, it was Rangers, right, Yeah, well that was the old Carroll thing. The many who I mean did did Garrett not take Joseph Randa to the beach and give us that incredible ten minute Joseph Randall's story Like this is why, this is why Aikman was cynical on TV. This is these are fine dude, and I get it, we need content. But none of this is gonna matter if those players don't believe in him in week three, or.
Speaker 1: If he's just not a good play caller, or if he's a really good play caller.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Either way, even if it works out, none of this matters. I mean, I tell you what.
Speaker 5: It beats the alternative of, hey, all the players think he's an a hole three weeks into this thing.
Speaker 1: That's better than that. Sure, unless it puts them on edge and they perform better.
Speaker 6: And I can think of is there one of them is going to get hurt if they try to ice skate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this should be doing. We don't need to do that. We learn leave it to the stars.
Speaker 5: I think what we learned is that I'm at least cynical. It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Coming up next in the weekday update. Did a coyote attack help a kid get into the spelling Bee? KT has all the details next right here on the Eagle. It's The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Now coming up at the bottom of the hour, we're gonna get into some one hit wonder stuff. This is always a lot of fun. Becomes interactive, you can use your musical brain. I think you're gonna dig it. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for basins.
Speaker 13: Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Eight year old girl in Frisco who was attacked by a coyote Monday afternoon right around four pm during our show.
Speaker 5: Oh no, was she listening to our show think on the iHeartRadio app, which is free by the way, streaming bro set your presets and all that stuff we gave away Jerry Cantrell tickets earlier in the show using that very same app you just referenced.
Speaker 1: So she has suffered non life threatening injury. So there's the good news. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: So this was a.
Speaker 1: Frisco resident, a mom probably, Yeah, it was a mom and her daughter were walking and the air are of I usually don't like to give street directions because usually people don't care about the locally. This matters in the area of Lacey Lane and Tall Timbers Trail. I don't know what up there in Frisco. Lacy Lane that sounded like a porn star.
Speaker 5: Does sound like a porn Lacy Lane sounds like a porn star from the seventies?
Speaker 1: You get it? What about in Caddy Shag? What's your name? Lacy Underpants or dumb character's name? The girls suffered scratches and a bite before the mother was able to chase the coyote away. Now, how do you respond to this? Well, Wednesday, they removed three coyotes from the neighborhood and sent the animals for testing. Handcuff them. Yep, the handcuffed them. Actually deported them to Columbia. Oh no, oh, yeah, that's what we're doing. Did you send them to the worst prison in the world, no matter what their origin of birth was? You look brown, I'll send you here. We get the coyote story quite a bit these days, but I just think this is a good I'm especially while Ben is here and can't defend himself to say they actually are dangerous if you have kids or small pets. Yeah. Do we have deets like this sweet girl? And I don't really know if she's sweet or not. Was she trying to feed the coyote? No, I don't think so. I think they were just walking and it came up, And Okay, that's caused a scene.
Speaker 6: Why would it do that? That's bad?
Speaker 5: And that leads you to think that it has the rabe absolutely because they start acting erratic and bitter.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing about rabies, rabies, if you don't like, identify it quickly get done. Yeah, and not enough people pay attention to rabies. You've heard me go over the stats before. I want to hear them. Let me hear them. One thousand people die of rabies every three thousand years, something like that. The more you know, the more you know it's a good cause. There's a great episode of Scrubs where they have gone through every diagnosed as possible on this lady. They cannot figure out what it is and it was rabies, and doctor Cox starts drinking heavily and almost loses his certificate to be a doctor because he how did I miss it rabies? Because no one has rabies? You could never know. Only Old Yeller has rabies and maybe this eight year old girl, I hope not. I'm not gonna lie. Is that why they had to shoot Old Yeller? I forgot the plot? Yes, I hadn't read it, since I Yeller the best dad gum dog in the West. He starts foaming at the mouth like, oh Jesus, gonna go do it? Son.
Speaker 6: It's so traumatizing. We were way too young to watch that. Why they were showing it in the classroom? We were way too young to see that. Why is our childhood littered with that? Bambi the sad ef and.
Speaker 5: Showed because they're trying to prepare us for the inevitability that life is brutal. Hey, did have you have either one of you guys ever seen Stripes?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Nope, I really think y'all would enjoy Stripes just because it's Bill Murray Tour de Force And there's a really classic scene where he's got a bunch of he's got his troops he's trying to get him ready for graduation, and so he's trying to get him to pull together, and he's doing the whole raise your hand if you cried during Old Yeller and know everyone's kind of looking around. Hes come on, nobody cried during Old Yeller. And then they cut to John Candy's like I did, I cried? Du you loves John Candy for crying?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, everyone.
Speaker 5: It brings everyone together because everyone realizes we're all bonded because we all cried during Old Yellow. It's dude, it's great. It's just vintage Bill Murray. He's like in his thirties, he's in his prime. It's funny as hell. God, let's watch Stripes right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll try to update you tomorrow. Let you know if this girl has tested uh you know, well, I we hopefully negatively, We would assume obviously. We hope she's doing well.
Speaker 5: We hope there's no rabies, and when she feels better, we'd love to have her on the show and give her a lollipop. She was walking ahead of her mother, we know that, Okay. Always tell my kids walk evenly with me in case there's coyotes. And now that they're nineteen and seventeen, they're not as scared as they were when they were younger.
Speaker 1: Faijion Zaki my guy, twelve year old from Allen. He might be thirteen, actually, lad, he's from Alan. There's been two reports on this. Faijian zach Izaki is got a big night ahead of it. Oh is that right? Is he has made it to the finals of what scripts National Spelling Let's EF and go? Is that on the tube tonight? I think it is actually seven? Ye though, you know, well you can have two TVs? Oh wow, you must be rich. I've not got a little portable one. Maw Okay, guys, don't have the little portable TV going on? You're talking about your phone? Well, the phone serves as that too. When I need three, the phone does serve as that. Yeah, but I've got a little one that you just kind of plug in and it quickly connects to the internet, and yeah, scoop it to do. It's a good it's a good thing to have. It's fantast How big is a screen?
Speaker 6: Seeing that it's small.
Speaker 1: It's about the size of this monitorre okay, so it's computer. Uh no, it's a little bigger than that. Yep.
Speaker 6: I spent a lot of time on this third TV I know, right.
Speaker 1: So he is a repeat competitor, so he's been there, he's seen the lights. Okay, okay, yeah, he lost in a lightning round tiebreaker. So he is one of the few spellers to achieve a perfect score on the written test, and he's done well enough this tournament to advance, and then tonight at seven it's going down and he is our North Texas He's basically he's weight of the weight of the region is on our fellow here, Feijan Zaki. You know what I would like to add to the lightning round, what actual lightning? Think about what that could do to a spelling bee.
Speaker 6: Well, they're children, so you know, twelve's you know, maybe an adult spelling bee. Then they can get hit by lightning. Who cares?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't want to hit him with lightning. I just they never know when it's going to strike, and it kind of puts them on edge. Okay, the thunder round, Okay, that's just noise.
Speaker 1: That's just noise.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think if this kid wins, we should honor him with the key to the I like it but it is probably my neighbor. My neighbor. So I was wondering, do you know this? I mean, I know he's if he's twelve or thirteen though, DEAs is what seventeen?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: No, I hang out with all of twelve and thirteen year old kids now and it's down at the local wreck.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't.
Speaker 1: We do have a rec center now, it's pretty exciting. I work out at the rec center Richardsoner yesterday after getting done with my morning workout, and it's like, you know, late six am early seven am hours. Yeah, I'm early. I get up early now and then I go to sleep. Dude, I love hearing your workout stories. Point is no, No, here's the thing. You know it's summer. Because as I'm leaving, this lady with her kid goes, do you know where the sign up is for the camp? I was like, I don't work here. I just got done. I understand. Now.
Speaker 5: Does he not give off a camp counselor Vibe can definitely see what about me? You're a camp You're a camp count you can't escape it. Reach out to Kevin Kevin dot Turner at iHeartMedia dot com and let him know if he could be ofolunteer for your camp. It's a been and skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle coming up next. Let's have some fun with music and the biggest one hit wonders of all time. Fact, Ben in Skin Show ninety some point won the Eagle. So we're gonna end the show here, spend this last half hour getting into some one hit wonder stuff, and so I will now gladly hand it off to young Kevin.
Speaker 1: Speaking of was that return cut fog hat right there? Yeah? Do they qualify as a one hit wonder? What else? Did they have?
Speaker 5: Doffs well after slow Ride? No, because they're a classic rock staple. In other words, that's far and away their most well known song. But they put out several albums and you know they're I think they are British blues rock band. As I think how they would loosely be identified.
Speaker 1: They kept it going so so speak list it was Rolling Stone HM fifty biggest one hit wonders of the two thousands. Okay, so last twenty five years what I did, and because I want to podcast this, I didn't want to. I mean I could have pulled the music, but then we wouldn't be able to pop Guessed It somewhere podcast. I didn't want to. I want to build a podcasts to say, I think you guys are gonna have funway thinking.
Speaker 5: Because of the era wherein it's going to be a bunch of like TikTok craft and stuff. No, no, truly not okay, but I do think Christina will thrive in this environment. I'm excited post two thousand and I just picked out the notable ones.
Speaker 6: So do we need to sing them or anything?
Speaker 1: No, going to Yeah, if you'd like to, I can help you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to know you do it? Okay, there's one that I bet I know definitely on there. Do you guys think it's easier to name the song or the artist.
Speaker 1: When it comes to these.
Speaker 6: Types of things, you think I would say artists?
Speaker 1: Maybe the artists?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hit wonder I definitely let me just go ahead and get on record. I definitely think they put Soldier Boy crank that. Uh No, okay, actually not unless Yeah, all right, So y'all name another Soldier Boy song. No, wasn't that like the biggest song on the planet for about six months?
Speaker 1: I just I do have feeling that he had another one.
Speaker 5: Okay, was it called crank that again? Crank that to Kathy Ireland. Okay, you know what has more streams than crank that? Soldier Boy? What kissed Me through the Phone?
Speaker 1: What's that? The song by Soldier Boy through the phone. We'll just not worry about it now, all right, I'm gonna give you what I think would be easier. So I just picked up the notable ones. I'll start at fifty here. Okay, can you name this guy that did the song bad Day You Had a Bad Day?
Speaker 6: They played on American idol every time someone got hold you had a man Day.
Speaker 5: And it also became a commercial song for people that needed a beer or something.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what that was. Daniel something, Daniel really Wow Merriweather. No, not Daniel Merriweather. You're on it though, Daniel. I know he said his name and then thought you would get the song and beat Bayless. No, no, Daniel Bayliss.
Speaker 6: I thought Daniel Markham. But that's a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: That's not I know, Daniel Markham. Yeah, this is something you might put on your you know, if you were chafing.
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Daniel talcom the baby powder? Daniel Powder, Daniel Powder Daniel Powder. That's not a real name, although bad day more like Daniel Powder. Am I right? That's so good man? Wow, pretty poudy with the tea in there. I want to go home now. All right, the show has ended.
Speaker 6: We're close.
Speaker 1: One more segment, guys, Christina. Yeah, two thousand and six brought us this number forty nine in the list of one hit wonders of the two thousands. Hinder the Cranberry's.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to picture the music video because they've played it a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've heard it on the Eagle. Didn't you have to make it?
Speaker 4: Hinder?
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you that Texas country the artist Jack Ingram covered this song in a bad moment for him. I think I think it was his peak. It probably made any the most money. This is the big wattage.
Speaker 6: Boys, right, I can't I can't think of it.
Speaker 5: It's gonna Lips of an Angel yep, so Hinders, the band, Hinders, the band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, my bad lips of an Angel band seven't ange. That's not at all how it goes? How's it go? Exactly?
Speaker 6: How it goes?
Speaker 1: That's not at all how it goes? Liips up?
Speaker 6: No, No, I was doing the.
Speaker 10: Us.
Speaker 1: Don't don't d come together? Well, it's lips of an angel. Dallas rapper number forty eight, two thousand and nine, is that big tuck? Nope, Tom Tom now nine Dallas just doesn't involve a dairy product in the song title milk A delicious treat. Maybe you would like to have this cheese It's delicious tree durerou oh durou? What the wait?
Speaker 5: His song was called Candy Apple candy paint high scream paint stream paint song.
Speaker 1: I couldn't come up with it.
Speaker 6: Candy appris on inside, cream on the outside.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and five, this would be number forty three on the top fifty Biggest one Hit Wonders of the two thousands. Two thousand and five brought us a band called the flow Bots. Yes, handlebars, handlebars, I remember.
Speaker 6: That, handle bars and they did that. I believe that beginning they were just plucking violin strings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it sounded so cool.
Speaker 6: That's a great song.
Speaker 1: I remember that now, number forty on the Biggest one Hit Wonders of the two thousands. Of song I've heard on the Eagle twice today already. Okay. Two thousand and two, the band is Trapped t R A P.
Speaker 6: T Headstrong Take You One.
Speaker 5: Strong, by the way, that just reminded me and I guess I don't know what year it came out, but surely Sex and Candy is going to be on this thing, right.
Speaker 1: No, because that was in the nineties. Okay, I'm gonna play a second of this song, Christina, if you can pump up my computer. And I'm only doing this because I'm just gonna play the first note of it, and then I'm gonna turn off because it just makes my ever hate it bit of my body that you can drain my marrow. I turn into a puddle like Alex.
Speaker 6: Mack Good reference Good two thousand.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I don't know?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Hold on, Johnny be Good. It's heaven by the those Lonely Boys.
Speaker 6: I agree kt My parents loved that song. When I was a teenager, I was like, please stop playing this song just one day, just don't play it.
Speaker 1: If I hear that song, I'm like driving into a ditch. I can't handle that song.
Speaker 6: And I hated it so much.
Speaker 1: You got one minute? What else you got? I know how much time I have? Oh wow? What an ass? Thirty six A band called Caesar's two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They were a big salad band, right. Their big hit was Jerk It Out? Okay, do you remember jerking Out? I don't. You don't remember jerking out? Jerk it out? To jerk it out? It's kind of had an Elvis Costello feel to it. Jerk it out. Pump pump pump, pum pumpum, can't drink it out?
Speaker 6: That sounds right?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one. The band is City High R and B A little wrap but what you do then home the flu on that bedroom floor and they only wait a m sleep with the man for a little bit of money, and his dad is known, and the I don't know, huh did they all have lisps? What would you do? By City High? Yes, and then I will challenge number thirty one before we get to the top twenty when we come back, Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John. But they had another song called Second Chance, which was the theme song to Two Broke Girls on CBS.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they were an indie band. They had a lot of future. I wouldn't say, but that song is one that everybody knows. Yeah, all right, Yeah, coming up next, we'll do the top twenty biggest one hit wonders of the last twenty five years right here on the Eagle, Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle, thanks for hanging with us today. If you miss Big Ben this week he's on vacation, hit him up on the socials at Big Ben Rodgers. Let him know you miss him, tell him you love him, show him that good stuff.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for.
Speaker 10: This kill.
Speaker 1: Show you A little thing is big it is. It's top twenty one hit wonders of the last twenty five years since two thousand. This is in the publication the Rolling Stone. Number twenty is what I think is a definitely top one hundred song of all time for me. I think we all love this song. The Darkness is the band Oh hell yes, I believe it's so fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's fair to say they're one at wonder they'd have a second hit called Love Is Only a Feeling, But I don't know if you could call a feeling. I think it was kind of like that was very similar.
Speaker 4: Feeling.
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel like making I didn't like their new album, by the way, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: That mean it's complete trash. Yeah, I liked it. Two thousand brings us number nineteen here. The band is nine days Christina, nine days Grace No.
Speaker 5: And it's spelt with a nine is the eye nine is just the number nine nine days pretty sick man.
Speaker 1: This song is the first line of their big the One song. This is the story of Oh God truck me just Oh. Why do you hate that one so much? Because it just sucks? Man. It's whinny drowned the river and drown the whole world, drown the whole world. I looks so sad in photographs, but he absolutely loves her when she smiles. I hate that song.
Speaker 6: That's like middle school for us, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Two thousand I was twelve? Yeah, and you know what? Fine with it?
Speaker 5: It's a song. It's a song sung by a person I wouldn't want to hang out with.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't have much to offer after that. Number seventeen. The band is D four L D four L. They're so live. Is a candy.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 1: Shine, a candy that fancied itself as stand up comedian. What Carrot Top a candy that fancied itself a stand up comedian? Milky Way, How what's the connection, man?
Speaker 6: No, I was gonna say a Lemonhead? Whoa what?
Speaker 1: And that the Lemonheads. That's the Lemonhead. Yeah, that's the nice Uh. The band D four Elder hits song Laughy Tatty. Oh left it deafit I knew that left it definite stand up comedian. It was. There's always a joke on the laughing taffy. Okay, we are we all fall jokes on him?
Speaker 6: Yes, you're right. Do you not know this?
Speaker 1: I really don't know what laughy taffy is? What I mean, it's like is it? Is it like pixie sticks or something? No, it's not at all like piis sugar? No, what are you talking about? I am close, man? Know Is it like an all later?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Really not at all? Are how do you not know this?
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's taffy and it makes you laugh because it's got a joke on it. How do you not know that it's taffy?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: He's right because I never realized that's why it's called laughy taffy because of the joke.
Speaker 5: Yes, but no, one's like, man, I should want some taffy right now? It was good, its sweets.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be something chocolate bro Airheads weren't popular. Airheads is just taffy, are they? I don't know what airheads are.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, I don't do a lot of sour candies unless it's sweet tarts chewy sweet tart spree.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: I'm sad. Number twelve, Ye who let those dogs out? Uptown Boys or what are they called? Wait? Are you serious? What are they called?
Speaker 5: The Motortown DJs? Or the what is she talking about? The Baja Boys or what are they called?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I think they were the Baja Boys.
Speaker 1: Baja Man. Number ten, Christina, because skin is not going to know this, I know it. The band is the Click five. Whoa sure that's where a hard c K sound?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow, the Click five? You know the Click five is? I don't don't They got left some song called just the Girl. I'm just good. Number seven, This band's lead singer died in the last couple of years. Shifty shell Shock. Oh oh, the Florida guys, the what are they called? The oak Town Wait? What was it town? Crazy Town? Crazy Town? Yeah, and they're and they're one hit song. It's a song. It sounds like some nineties rap, but we kind of like Lincoln Park, but we're not. Yeah, it's right, Yeah, you're talking about Butterfly by crazy Town.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a great song.
Speaker 1: Cream my Butterfly.
Speaker 5: I heard a rap song, put a guitar on it. Little, you know, radio friendly. They had to make it radio friendly, just that style of music. It was like, I was willing to rap at the time. I was like, why are these cornballs doing that?
Speaker 1: They were. They were making their way the only way. They cashing checks. That's fine, dude. They were breaking next speaking stuff, kicks ass of next, my neck, my back, her name is I forgot her name.
Speaker 6: That's the only words we can sing. I cannot sing the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh kaya oh h i A. I never knew that. I thought, yes, somebody else, neck back, yep, beating crack. I thought her name was Stanky Girl number five. Speaking of Stinky, a band Christina has introduced before at the Taste of Addison, what.
Speaker 6: Is there a song with the reason they actually have more than just one.
Speaker 5: Yeah Kevin song. If they're gonna play Taste of Addison, they have more than one song, Come on, man, I mean sure, and no, I know I hate myself.
Speaker 1: The reason was the big song. Do you know that one? It's the reason is that I'm here right now in Addison. It's the reason. Number four. Chaboozy has taken this and made it his own. No, I'm talking about not Choboozy, the original. Wait, Shaboozy did a cover song. Well, everybody in the bar getting tipsy is Shaboozy?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that guy's name is it's in Atlanta, dude, remember got his name?
Speaker 1: Dammit?
Speaker 5: Everybody in the clubs a great beat. Yeah, it's dope. I thought it was like an Atlanta guy, Jake Kan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had that on my little player because I couldn't afford an iPod.
Speaker 1: Number three. Pretty clear they were ripping off the clips. Number three. This lady was married to Mike Madonno, oh yeah, that blonde gal. God, what was her name?
Speaker 12: Damn?
Speaker 1: Her last name is a type of truck. Oh yeah, Linda Toyota. I thought Ford Willi Ford will Well Ford, I want to be bad. I think there's some naked picks makes me feel so. Yeah. Her whole thing is sex cells and I'm going to sex Number two lip Gloss by Little Mama. I did not know this one.
Speaker 12: I got.
Speaker 1: Popping, maybe popping number one. I don't think there's a chance skin would know this. The year two thousand. The band is Wheatut.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he sounded like you knew it. So I'm in the music down, let you go.
Speaker 1: I got really excited that there was a band called song kind of beats me teenage dirt bag dirt bag, you know, dirt bag bomb bomb.
Speaker 6: I see now I forgot what the song actually goes like because.
Speaker 1: Of him, dirt bag bomb Bomb. Oh, they slowed it down. I think weez Are covered it's kind of weird for a while.
Speaker 5: Dude, I guarantee you Weedut and Hoobastink went on tour together.
Speaker 1: If you're running us out of the room, you gotta be driving in the audience off the road, all right.
Speaker 5: If you promise to come back and listen to the show on Friday, I promise I will. I will show one hit wonder bands their proper reverence. Okay, tomorrow, at this time, we will celebrate them. Kat will do an exhaustive research project on every one of these bands, and we'll do where are they now? I'll never forget the time KT was at the Taste of Addison He wasn't introducing any bands. He was wandering around and he turned the corner and he almost spilled his chili dog all over weedas he looked him dead in the eye, and.
Speaker 1: He said, burn my tongue on a Texas Twinkie, and.
Speaker 5: That made up for all the chili he got all over weedas Christina is gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back. Dude had enough fun in games