Speaker 1: All right, this is kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Things that are cool now, but they weren't really cool twenty years ago. Tricia, you might be able to speak to this now. You will be able to speak to this one a whole lot lot better than I can. Something that's cool now, not twenty years ago. Eyebrows that are not pencil things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, back in the day, thirty years ago, I clearly remember being out somewhere and a woman complimented my eyebrows.
Speaker 4: It was before I started like plucking them.
Speaker 3: Now I have not gone so far as like my mom's generation has gone and practically plucked them completely out. Back in the day, the thinner they were, that was the trend. That is not what they are today. So yeah, yours are tattooed and look good though so minor tattoo. Yeah, and I need to get him redone. I need to get him touched up. But that requires me to look like Uncle Leo from Seinfeld for a period of time that I'm having a high typle.
Speaker 4: And the trigger on that.
Speaker 1: Was it you, your mom, and someone else at the same time. Yeah, I think guys all looked like Uncle Leo.
Speaker 2: Speaking of tattoos, something that's sexy now that wasn't twenty years ago. A lack of tattoos. In addition to having tattoos.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, it was cool to not it was sexy to not have tattoos.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I still think it is. My body is clean of tattoos. Yeah, here's one drives me crazy. It used to scream midlife crisis. Now it's cool. Bald dudes with beards, No, they're UPSI down.
Speaker 4: It seems weird.
Speaker 2: There's a one of the anchors on CNN is a bald hited guy with a.
Speaker 1: Full beard, and it it just looks weird.
Speaker 2: Now, here's the thing with the I think that the neat, tidy beard with a bald head looks worse than the big beard.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: First of all, it totally depends on the bald head. It depends on the guy.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: Some guys who are bald, who shaved them selves bald, have no business being bald, right, But I think I don't like a long, scruppy beard.
Speaker 4: If I mean, it's even more upside down.
Speaker 3: It's nice and short and cropped on a bald head, You're okay, then I think it's.
Speaker 1: Better, better, but not still not right, right, here's.
Speaker 3: One that I kind of I mean, there's totally a degree with this one. Something that's sexy now but not twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Muscular women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a line there is you we went to on Easter. We went to Branch on Easter and we were getting in the car and I said, look at that lady and she had not giant arms, but crazy cut arms. Yeah, big shoulders, muscles, big bices. You've showing it off too, she's showing it off in a tank top. Yeah, and it just looks so hard like it was too much. But I do like a defined arm on a chicken, defined legs.
Speaker 1: There's a very there's a thin line. Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 2: So I think if you're if you're a woman and you're muscular and your face starts to look like a dude, you've gone too far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right something, Yeah, it becomes it's no longer like a feminine look right, it gets too hard.
Speaker 4: That's the only word I can think of.
Speaker 1: Right, it's tough.
Speaker 3: But being healthy these days and having muscling stuff like that very sexy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I don't agree with this one, but again, these are things that are cool or sexy now that weren't twenty years ago long hair on dudes.
Speaker 1: No, I can never do that, No, I just can't.
Speaker 3: The only person ever that I've known that I'm like, yes, you should have long hair is Walt Wilkins. Mister Walt Wilkins's his country singer and songwriter, and he has the beard. He's literally the only person that I'm all excellent.
Speaker 2: And my friend Sam in Las Vegas is morphed into Walt Wilkins. Really, he's got really long hair in the scruffy beard.
Speaker 3: Am, where's the where's the pea? Papajamas? And you can hear his bottle of pills in his pocket shuffling around when he walks.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's turned into the long haired hip dude.
Speaker 4: Interesting, what do you think about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: What do you think about this one?
Speaker 3: Something that was not sexy twenty years ago but apparently is now small chested women?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really? Yeah? That you're a big boobs guy.
Speaker 2: I am, But I mean I appreciate all shapes.
Speaker 4: You're not discriminating.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, on the right woman, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, big giant.
Speaker 2: Boobs on something doesn't look great on some women, right, I don't think big giant boobs especially, I should say, if you got the big giant boobs put on you, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're born with them and you can't help it.
Speaker 3: Right, at least they look natural. But the ones that you can tell they were like, the bigger, the better.
Speaker 2: Doc It's been closed for years, but it's back in the.
Speaker 1: News, back in the news.
Speaker 2: Alcatraz the prison. Tricia's got the story and story we love in just a moment. But first, Tricia is, I don't know who buys this stuff, but Nike is selling the tennishoe right now. I don't know if you've heard about this shoe, but it's one hundred and thirty dollars and when you get it, the shoe is the new Dot Swoosh x Nike Air Force one Low Dirty Triple Whites, that's the name of it. Yeah, geez, they show up, you get them, and they look used. They're all beat up, they're scuffed up, and they're dirty, and they're one hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Isn't part of the greatness of getting a new pair of tennis shoes that they look brand new and are all clean and nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Speaker 4: It's not the.
Speaker 3: Same as when you can buy jeans that already have holes ripped in them. I don't think that premise supplies to tennis shoes.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. You get run.
Speaker 4: It's fast in dirty tennis shoes. The stories Wheelahaws and now live in the left for whole studio. Here's Trisha Delicia.
Speaker 3: So twenty something years ago, Sandy, you and I went on a tour of Alcatraz.
Speaker 4: We're visiting San Francisco. It was so cool.
Speaker 3: We might be glad that we did it when we could gone on the tour because apparently President Trump said that he's directing the Bureau of Prisons to reopen and expand Alcatraz in order to house dangerous criminals. He wants to make it a functioning prison.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: That's interesting because they shut it down because of expense, because of getting materials to and from the island in the bay.
Speaker 4: Back in the day. It was shut down in sixty three.
Speaker 3: It's now a museum and apparently the cost to taxpayers in order to do this is going to be about three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Can't they just really, yeah, how much does it generate as a museum I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but I would think that they would just build a prison somewhere else. He's saying that one of the reasons he's choosing Alcatraz is to lock up the most dangerous criminals and keep them far away from anybody that they could harmently again it being on an island in the middle of the water. One of the greatest movies I've ever seen, though, was the one with Clint Eastro Escape from Alcatraz. But it was such a good Tour's a great museum.
Speaker 2: Top two tours I've ever been on was that one yet and the Tenement Museum in New York.
Speaker 3: Tenement Museum in New York, and then the and Frank House. Oh, I've not been on that one, but I heard it's amazing. But who did we see in Amsterdam? The painter van Go van Go Yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm always I'm always surprised when I love a museum, you know what. I was super bored at the Loof.
Speaker 4: Isn't that weird? What's wrong with me?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he's talking about doing it. I have no idea if it actually happened. I feel like that would be years and years and years down the road.
Speaker 2: But you gotta kind of look at it this way. I mean, whether you like Trump or not, he says what he's going to do, and he does it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, I just don't know how he possibly could get that done in his four year term. And I feel like anybody who comes in after him potentially would be like, Nope, we're not doing that and shutting it down.
Speaker 1: Fuks.
Speaker 2: He doesn't rename it Trump or something, right, penitent alka Trump.
Speaker 1: That is the story we love.
Speaker 2: Seems like there's a lot of side effects to these weight loss drugs, the wa Gobi's, the ozempics of the world and all that. And one of them that's in the news right now, and apparently this is Trician knows all about this a lot more than I do, is something called ozimpic mouth. It's where weight loss in the face causes lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, and jowls.
Speaker 4: Right, And it's not just ozimpic mouth.
Speaker 3: It's the first one we heard about was ozimpic but a weird one we heard about was ozimpic ankles.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's what's happening is if people are on these weight loss drugs in order to it's the drugs are eating the muscle and the fat so quickly that it's leaving your skin saggy.
Speaker 4: So basically it's just saggy.
Speaker 3: Skin in areas where there used to be fat and or muscle. I think the problem is that if you are not following to the letter the rules that go along with these weight loss drugs, then this is what can happen to you. Like one of the main things is you have to eat a ton of protein in order to keep and you have to build muscle.
Speaker 4: You have to keep muscle on your body.
Speaker 3: Otherwise the drug, well, after it burns through eating your fat, it's going to burn through the next thing it's gonna eat is your muscle. So if you had a pretty filled out leg and all of a sudden there's no fat and muscle there, you just have saggy skin. Right, So it's happening with people who are on it for a long time, who are not eating the correct amount of protein to build muscle.
Speaker 1: Do you know, like how much more protein you need? Is it twice as much.
Speaker 3: As it it's based on your body weight I know that they recommend I think the minimum recommendation for just really anybody who's trying to keep my on their body, whether you're on the shot or not, is thirty to forty grams of protein permeal.
Speaker 1: And that's not easy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not easy. It's very hard. It's very difficult. So I think that that's what's happening because then once you're when you're on that shut, it shuts down your And I'm not poopoing the shot.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying anybody shouldn't be on the shot.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that I think this happens if you don't really really follow to the letter the rules to make sure everything stays balanced. If you lose your appetite, it shuts down your appetites. So then the last thing you want to do is eat anything, and that's when you're supposed to be eating more really protein than you ever have before.
Speaker 2: Probably what's funny about this is people with this ozimbic mouth are now turning to cosmetic treatments.
Speaker 1: Like fillers fillers to restore the volume.
Speaker 3: Or facelifts, right, so they're taking the drug that's getting rid of the fat in their face and then turning around and getting fillers to restore the look of facts fullness in their face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just do it the old fashioned way.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean so, but this can happen to you too. Like if people go on crash diets and they lose weight really really really does, the same kind of saggy skin kind of thing can happen. But it's really noticeable now with these with these weight loss shots.
Speaker 2: All right, talk to you doctor. You know, if it's for you, it's for you. Like Trisia said, she's not poopoo in it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying don't do it at all. There are definitely benefits from it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying there there are some drawbacks too if you don't do it like you're supposed to.
Speaker 1: Exactly. There you go, stay with us. We've got more coming up. Hey, before we get into rapid fire. Q and A.
Speaker 2: Trice, we were talking about the reopening of Alcatraz back into a prison.
Speaker 1: Well, this is kind of a prison story.
Speaker 2: There's a jail in Georgia that went into lockdown because officers cannot find a missing inmate who is convicted of murder, so they lock down the jailhouse. Well, the cops later discovered that they left the inn mate at the courthouse holding cell overnight.
Speaker 4: Oh, they forgot him. I forgot a whole person.
Speaker 2: He was locked up at the courthouse and not in his prison house that he was supposed to be at.
Speaker 4: Well, at least he was locked up very Yeah.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't that kind of your one job when you're transporting prisoners to and from.
Speaker 1: You got a count? Yeah, you got a count.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to it.
Speaker 3: All right, here's your first question, Sandy, what is the most recent impulse purchase that you've made and did you like it or did you regret the purchase.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you've been watching me.
Speaker 2: Do you mean that you asked that question because I did recently make an impulse purchase and used it for the very first time yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a like a sauna shirt that you put on to best, that you put on while you exercise, and it makes you sweat more and you're heated, you know it just it traps your body heat, you know what I mean? You wear it it's like a neoprene outside and then like a not a garbage bag, but like a plastic lining.
Speaker 4: I just say, can you just put a garbage bag on? Like no back in the day.
Speaker 2: No, because it wouldn't fit is tight, it'd be messy. This one's It was only like twenty five dollars. It was an impulse buy and I bought it and I wore it when I worked out yesterday. And the jury is still out of whether I like it or not. I'm not sure yet. Okay, why don't you turn your nose like that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I feel like I feel like I still you would just give use the garbage bag.
Speaker 4: Why is that to be tight?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I don't know what it's garbage.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be exercising in a garbage bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you can't even see that I'm wearing it.
Speaker 3: But didn't you say used to do that, like when you were on the wrestling team and you had to make weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there were you had rubber suits and rubber suits back then. This is just a new, better version.
Speaker 1: Of a rubber.
Speaker 3: Sandy. Have you ever had a weird misunderstanding because of a language barrier?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And it's really okay. So I was in Barcelona, Spain.
Speaker 4: I was with you for this.
Speaker 1: You work for the hotel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, taxi right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So we get into a cab and uh, I tell the cab driver that we'd like to go to the Hilton Hotel, you know, huh m hmmm. And I was like, Hilt, I mean, Hilton Hotel is pretty universal worldwide, right, worldwide. Everyone you say Hilton, they know what you mean. And we go back and forth, and finally the cab driver goes, oh, I'll down.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Do I have to say it like I felt in my head? I was like, do I have to say it like that for him to understand? He couldn't figure out now that I was trying to say I'll down. When I was saying, I don't know.
Speaker 3: An accent mark can make a lot of difference in the meaning of a word.
Speaker 1: Ill don't. Yeah, I'll never forget that guy. Wonder what he's doing now.
Speaker 4: I was talking about the guy who pronounced it Hilton.
Speaker 3: Probably all right, he's the one I told you about earlier, so he could think about it.
Speaker 4: What's the most ridiculous thing you've done on a dare?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I mean, there's a lot, but the one that comes to mind first, I streaked the bar once in college.
Speaker 4: In college.
Speaker 1: In college, I got there were naked guy.
Speaker 2: I streaked right through that bar and it was hysterical, really yeah, and I and I and I hear it was funny though. I was with my buddy Jeff, and he and some other guys dared me to do it, and I was scared to death that they wouldn't give me my clothes back. Right, So while I was streaking, I had Jeff's wallet. Oh, I took something that I knew he would have to have back, and so he would give me my clothes back because it'd be just like them. And it was in the middle of winter in Nebraska. Yeah, I streaked the bar and I was standing outside with no clothes on.
Speaker 4: Not a good showing for you, as it was funny.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're right cold.
Speaker 3: No, but he here's my question. You're all it was hysterical. Is it hysterical because you were the one who did it? Because if you were sitting in the bar and you saw somebody streak through, would you have thought it was hysterical at twenty one.
Speaker 1: Years old, yes, yes, at my age.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: No, it's super annoying when people like on a football field streak the field, steering an event or something. I mean, I'm always amazed at the people have the gut sit it. But I'm like, oh, you get at him out of there.
Speaker 2: Remember the guy that bet on him be made a bet that there would be a streaker and did it so win streaker. Yeah, it was brilliant, it really was. That's rapid fire Q and a stick around. We got more coming up. Hey, guys at Sandy just sliding in here real quick to say thank you very much for listening to the podcast version of the show. Our numbers are growing and growing and growing, so thank you very much. Would you do me a favor? Would you copy and paste the link of this podcast and send it to a couple of your friends that just says, hey, I think you'll like this.
Speaker 1: If you guys do that, we can grow even faster. So thank you very much. I appreciate it. Here's more of the podcast.