Speaker 1: The Dodgers are wrapping up the first road series in North America, and we're joined right now by Dodger Second Basement for the most part this year, Tommy Edmund, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, no problem, Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Does it feel like you guys are settling into the season now? Obviously the first home stand of the year, a lot of celebration for last year, but being here in Philly and embarking on this road trip, does it feel like you're settling in on a on a normal regular season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, you know, first road trip, kind of getting into the swing of things, getting our routines down, you know, and just kind of figuring out what we got as a team. Obviously, we had a great homestand and you know a little bit of a rough one yesterday, but you know, we've overall still been playing well, so, you know, just kind of trying to figure out what the season is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like Tommy, in spring training we talked about how you made the adjustment of standing taller from the left side. Have you seen the results you were looking for?
Speaker 2: Just allows me to you know, attack more pitches and you know, get them off the ground. So I don't know. I think that the you know, constantly working on on that during the cage, and you know, my mechanical work has paid off a little bit. Obviously this is you know, a little bit unexpected, but but you know, hopefully, hopefully I can continue to get more and more consistent with my swing and my swing path and hopefully makes me a better hitter.
Speaker 1: What's the balance of trying to get better but not affecting your swing too often?
Speaker 2: On a daily basis, you have a couple of fundamental things, and then there's a bunch of cues that kind of help to reinforce those And I think you just don't want to lose sight of those few fundamental things, Like you don't want to go for a queue just because it might feel good that day. If it doesn't reinforce one of those fundamental things, then it might kind of lead you astray. So I think just making sure I'm always coming back to those those main things.
Speaker 1: Tommy Edman is our guest. The glue of the Dodgers is what I like to call them, especially on that infield. What's it been like with you and Mooky Mooky continuing to learn shortstop and you obviously being a gold glover at second base. Is there a chemistry that is being built and is it necessary to have that double play chemistry up the middle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. You know it's been fine. We got a kind of constant communication just going through plays and and you know, situations that might happen, just to make sure we're prepared and know what the other person's gonna do. So you know, we'll just kind of gradually learn about each other and hopefully be able to compliment each other. And you know, we can kind of bounce ideas off each other too, and so it's good to have somebody that you know, I can I can talk to on a day by day basis about specific defensive things.
Speaker 1: And when you say talk, is there communication during the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. You just want to be aware of the other ware, of the other guy's playing, you know, what we're prepared to do on things like cuts and relays, and so yeah, we're always talking throughout the game.
Speaker 1: Tommy Edmond is our guest. Before I let you go rewinding back to the homestand what was it like for you to be on that third baseline, to be celebrated, to get your World Series ring, and do you think you'll ever wear it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was InCred. You know, it's it's just a very special moment to be able to reflect on all that we accomplished last year and you know, just years and years of hard work. So it was it was very rewarding for sure. I haven't put it on since that day. I think I'll be scared to wear something that nice most of the time, so it probably be very rare occasions, but hopefully I'll have a few opportunities to wear it.
Speaker 1: So now when you hit home runs, everybody's calling you Tommy Tanks. Does Tommy Edmund like that nickname? Am I allowed to call you Tommy Tanks?
Speaker 2: Now? I think it kind of started last year, but you know, if it catches on and people like it, then sure they can. They can say whatever they want when.
Speaker 1: We have Tommy Edmund likes it. I have never uttered that nickname.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good if you want to say you can.
Speaker 1: If you eat five cheese steaks before we leave Philly, maybe that will garner that type of a nickname.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have that kind of appetite, but yeah, we'll see. We'll see how many I can down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time. Always great catching up with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it.