Speaker 1: At a.
Speaker 2: Book.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com forward slash Podcast. Hey everyone, thanks so much for joining us for another livestream episode of the show. I really appreciate you being here. It's funny since the past two weeks have gone by, I've gotten tons of messages where people think that I just took a two week hiatus I did hear any episodes, But that couldn't be further from the truth. I actually did air two episodes. I even mentioned that a little over two weeks ago, I think three weeks ago, that the next show, the show the following week wouldn't be YouTube friendly, so with that in mind, it would only be available in podcast format on your favorite podcast app. Well, a lot of people they don't have a favorite podcast app. Apparently they didn't know how to find any podcast apps. I'm going to make this really easy for you. If you just go to Dogmanencounters dot com and visit the podcast page, you'll find that I've got links to twelve podcast apps where if you click on the link it'll take your right to the show's channel on that podcast app. So if you do that and look up episodes five sixty two and five sixty three, then you'll be able to listen to those two last most recent episodes of the show. That if you didn't know to look there, then you missed those episodes. Well, also to you, I want to make another announcement, put something else out there for you. Towards the end of tonight's show, I've got a big announcement I'm gonna make, So please stick with this. Please don't go anywhere. After we close out the recording with tonight's guest and speaking of him without further ado, let's get him in here now. Tonight's guest is Dominic dom Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh you know you're welcome. Dom Please give us a brief bio in yourself.
Speaker 2: My name's Dominic Jones. Live here in New York City, PA. Used to live in Gettysburg and Harrisburg a few years back. I only just started high school too, and which makes this whole thing even more crazy. And uh, it's about it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got enough going on in your life when you're starting high school. You don't need anything like a dogman, a counter complicating things. That's definitely not good.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, it's understandable. Dom. Your encounter happened the week of July nineteenth, of twenty twenty two. Actually at your pop Pop's property. Is your pop pop your dad or your grandpa.
Speaker 2: My grandpa?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, I see were you on his property at the time, without revealing any of the particulars about the actual encounter itself, Yeah, in a backyard. Okay, I see, if you're in the backyard, what can you tell us about his property?
Speaker 2: So on either side was the creek, and then you're foliage and then the rest of the forest and the back So on the right side of the backyard was the gravel path which led to the garage, and then heading straight from the back of the trailer was like the main part of the woods.
Speaker 1: How big was that woods?
Speaker 2: Say, about probably about five miles out?
Speaker 1: It had a span of about five miles.
Speaker 2: Uh yep. And then it connected to some corn fields and then into the mountainous regions.
Speaker 1: No wonder you had a dog men hanging around? What did you have in the way of moving the water.
Speaker 2: There was mainly a dock like a boating dock where you could store boats and you know, get him out whenever you would like, which was the only thing kind of cutting off the path of the creek.
Speaker 1: Was it a fairly large creek or almost a brook?
Speaker 2: It was so small, that's say, fairly large creek went all the way to the mountains.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like I said, no wonder you had a dog man hanging around. From what I understand, your pop pop was with you when you saw that dog man. What kind of an effected seeing it have on him?
Speaker 2: I'd say, kind of the same effect on me, except I'm not sure what it was. But he seemed a little unfazed by it, and like he kind of brushed it off the come morning.
Speaker 1: That's interesting if he was unfazed. It sure makes me wonder if you might have had another experience that he didn't tell you about. Did he ever tell you about any strange experiences that he might have had that involved a dog man? Not that I can recall now. Sure it does make you wonder because seeing a dog man for the first time normally has some pretty wide, sweeping, prominent effects on how a person is going to react, So that's pretty strange. You listened to the show for a long time before he had that experience. Was that because you believed in existence of dog men or did you see the show as just a form of entertainment.
Speaker 2: I used to listen. I still listen to it every night, but me and my dad would actually play the stories and fall asleep to him. But yeah, I believed him way before the encounter.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you did, and as you saw, they really do exist. Do you think the fact that you'd been listening to the show before you had that experience helped you or hindered you when it came to your ability to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I'd say helped definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm sure you can only imagine, having experienced it yourself, how traumatic it would have been if you didn't even know about these guys being in existence, if it just was laid on you without any warning, that would really heighten the difficulty you would have had. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely. So you said that your pop pop handled it pretty well, he took it and stride, and you said it affected you pretty much the same way. Does that mean you never had any trouble with nightmares, any lingering effects at all.
Speaker 2: I'd say for like the next month or base the rest of summer, I was like way too scared to even go outside, and like the nightmares were like horrible.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, it did affect you pretty strongly, which is to be expected. I mean, it's not going to give you the warm and fuzzies to have an experience like that. I'm wondering, though, now that you've seen a dog man with your own two eyes, what do you think they are? Do you think they're spiritual beings or flesh and blood creatures?
Speaker 2: But saying they're flesh and blood just a part of nature just out there.
Speaker 1: You just might be right about that. It's hard to say for sure. All right, don please tell us about that encounter. Now, give us everal last detail that comes to mind. All right.
Speaker 2: So, earlier that week, my mom dropped me off so we could spend time with my pop pop, you know, hang out with him, since he was going through his battles with cancer. So we were dropped off so we could just hang out. And later that week he showed me this go cart and we started working on it together, trying to fix it because it was a really old old go cart. So we were fixing it and he told me to go drive it around test it. So I took it up to the top of a hill that was that left of the right side of the backyard where it was the gravel in the road, and I was going down the hill and the brakes weren't working, so I had to skid to a hole. And it's about seven thirty forty ish in the afternoon, so the sun's just barely going down. And as I'm skidding to the hole at the bottom of this gravel, I hear snorting noise coming from this foliage that's about eight feet tall, and I'm like about nine feet away, and I look up and I just see these like the top muzzle of what looks like a dog. It looks like almost like a German shepherd, but its ears are perked straight up and it has these like amber eyes. And it was just disgusting. And the smell, the smell from the thing, it was really bad. It smelled like garbage and like, uh, decay, that's what smell it, Yeah, garbage and decay. And it's just staring straight at me, and it's like ten seconds of just us looking at each other, and that thing's breathing really loudly, and then it clicks in my head. Oh sorry, it clicks in my head that this is the thing, that's the thing from the stories that I've been listening to. So I get up from the go kart and I'm running back to the where the trailer is, and I'm like screaming that there's a dog man and you need to look at it. So my pop Pop he turns around and he he looks at this thing, and it's like, I guess it was watching me run like run straight to him, and then it starts booking it into the woods and you could hear it. Its feet had to be so massive, because every time it took a step, it was like a small little boom. And he was talking to the neighbor about doing some reconstruction on his house, and the neighbor he didn't see it, but he definitely heard it too. And for the rest of the day, I was all shook up. And that was basically the talk for like every conversation was about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you did have a lot to talk about. How far were you from Pop Pop's trailer when you saw it?
Speaker 2: For the first time, probably about fifteen feet.
Speaker 1: Oh close, You're really close at that point. If you were only fifteen feet away from his trailer, was his door pretty much right there, just about fifteen feet away from me as well? Or was it further away?
Speaker 2: It was a further away.
Speaker 1: Because it was further away. Is that why you didn't bail off of the go kart and run for the front door or was it another reason?
Speaker 2: It kind of just went through my head that I had to get up and go, and I didn't want to stay there where I was out of sight from where my pop pop and the neighbor were, So that's why I got up. I left the go cart behind and just started running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at first I thought it didn't really affect you all that much, but it definitely sounds like it did, and like I said, also understandably so you never expected to see something like this, even if you listen to the show. You never do expect to have a dog in an encounter until you do have one. How tall would you say it was? He said that you could hear the impacts of its feet hitting the ground as it was running.
Speaker 2: Looking at the foliage, being about about eight feet maybe a little higher and seeing to the top of where that thing's ears were, I'd say almost nine feet or like. Couldn't really get a good estimate since I was sitting down on the go kart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would make it more difficult. If you had to guess on a weight, what would you.
Speaker 2: Say, Well, based off the way it was running, say definitely over three hundred pounds. That thing was booming.
Speaker 1: If it was making noise like that and it was a nine footer, then yeah, I'm pretty sure it weighed quite a bit more than three hundred pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to maybe seven or eight hundred. But I wasn't there, you were. It might have been interrex sick. How would you describe its build speaking of that? Was it really thin or more powerfully built?
Speaker 2: That's the part I didn't really see because he was covered up. Well, I'd assume it was a he covered up by the brush, so all I saw was the top of its muzzle. And there isn't a bear in the world that we had in that part of the county that would ever have a looked like that thing, So I'd say it probably was muscular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would fit the mold they normally are. But then again, like I said, I wasn't there and you were, there are some that are skinny, so you never know. Pop Pop saw that dog me unto you said, With that in mind, did he implement some new rules for you, what you could do, what you couldn't do, to try and keep you safe.
Speaker 2: I remember we weren't able to go near the woods without him or someone else nearby, because we used to just be able to go in there perfectly fine until that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely does compliment kate things when you have a dog men running around. I know the answer is probably no, but to be thorough, I'm gonna ask you anyway, did either you or Pop Pop share this information with any neighbors about what you had seen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the neighbors came over and we were all talking about it.
Speaker 1: What they have to say.
Speaker 2: I remember my aunt she said that well, she didn't believe it, but she was on the other side of the trailer park, so of course she didn't believe it. But the neighbor who was there, he said that it actually happened. I tried to say that it did happen. My pop tried like we tried to convince the others that it was real, but they didn't really listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it normally goes. If your aunt didn't believe you and pop Pop, did that cause any friction between the two of them because she's calling him a liar If he says something happened and she says, no, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I remember he kind of just said that it doesn't really matter if she had believed it or not, but he said that it happened and that he knew that it was real.
Speaker 1: It's really a shame when you're a well adjusted adult and you have this experience you never asked to have in the first place, and then when you go to tell family members and friends about it they rebuff you. It really is a shame, it really is. What can you tell us about Its coat.
Speaker 2: Had like this, I'd say, like really dark brown coat with those like a German shepherd like a Orangish coat. Streaks, like around where the top of its head would be was that dark colored fur. And then what I'd assume is around where like cheekbones would be, you could see something coming up of that like a German shepherd type color and the rest of the head was that dirty brown.
Speaker 1: What can you tell us about the length of its coat?
Speaker 2: See, it looked really mangy, like that diseased looking coat.
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, it might have had means just hard to say. Does that mean that where it did have fur, it was the same length all over its body.
Speaker 2: Now kind of recalling it on the side of Yes, if I was looking out of this thing's eyes, the left side of its face had like, yes, a shorter patch of hair near where its eye and up to its muzzle would be like, that's kind of like a just less hair there, and kind of that you could see some of its skin basically, especially near the eye.
Speaker 1: As it was running away from you and pop pop. What kind of an angle did it take at any point? Was it running straight away or was it always running at an angle?
Speaker 2: So it was running more towards the right where the creek was, and like heading in that direction.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like you still got a really good view of its backside if that's the case. Did you see a tail?
Speaker 2: Not really, because the second I guess it ran away, I was already halfway towards the trailer.
Speaker 1: Understandable, no harm there. I definitely understand it. I get it. If it was running away from you and you didn't see a tail. This all happened in Pennsylvania, So by chance did you notice if it had if it possibly had a mean on it?
Speaker 2: HM? Mean, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, huh in Pennsylvania. That's kind of strange, but you never know they have variances. What about its ears? Would you describe its ears as being more in the sides of its head or on top of its head?
Speaker 2: More of on top of its head?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that fits for a chiline type dog.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I guess I shouldn't put words in your mouth, though. How would you describe its leg structure?
Speaker 2: It's oh, could you repeat that real quick?
Speaker 1: Sure, no problem. How do you describe its legs structure? In other words, would you describe its legs is being more like that of a dog's back legs or a human's back legs or human's legs? I should say.
Speaker 2: That part I also didn't see, but based off the the tracks I saw the next morning, say probably the dog legs.
Speaker 1: So I definitely was a canine type, well canine type with ears on top of its head, digitigrade style legs. That does fit they both do. After that experience, were there any times when, maybe late at night, you heard some sounds that didn't fit, didn't sound like an ordinary run to the mill animal?
Speaker 2: Oh, eleven, I remember eleven thirty five. I really couldn't sleep that whole night. And I was in the living room and the window that was facing towards the like the side of the trailer. There was something at like walking around and at the window, and you could hear it grunting and like just you could hear the gravel being shifted and then like onto the grass part, and then it would come up more to like the front of the house, no, not house trailer, more to the front of the trailer, and then back to the window.
Speaker 1: Speaking of it running away like you just touched on there, that brings up another good question for you. What kind of substrate was it running on as it ran away? In other words, what kind of ground surface was it running on?
Speaker 2: It was like for me currently like the high brush, and it's a kind of wetter ground.
Speaker 1: Well, if it was running through brush like that and fairly wet ground, then it must have left some prints. Did you ever go through that area to look for Prince yep.
Speaker 2: Immediately in the morning, I told my pop that there was something that was running around that night. We went outside, we saw tracks like in the more of the grass and the like, not too much of the gravel, but it had definitely been disrupted of such, and we started following it back through the brush where I saw it originally and he had saw it. At first, I didn't want to go in because I thought something bad might happen, but we pushed through the brush and we find the prints on this thing, and even now looking back, that thing's feet had to be like three times three times the size of my hand alone. We followed it to the creek, and about quarter of a mile out we find a deer that had been completely just mauled, like parts of where its rib cage would be were just chunks taken out, and from its chest down to more of like its waste area had been destroyed and tossed around near the creek, and like chunks of it were just everywhere, and its throat was still intact, which, man, it couldn't have been any animal that I know that does that, because there was no wild dogs around that area. The only the biggest animal I saw around there that wasn't that thing was a fox, and to see that deer like that, we immediately turned back and we did not want any part of what we assumed was actually at that creek.
Speaker 1: If you found those prints like you did, what more can you tell us about how those prints looked? I guess I should probably preface this before I ask you to do that, so that you know, any quadrupedal animal that walks in a digitigrade manner, deer, dogs, whatever, that walks on all fours, that walks on its toes, the very front prints that it leaves are always bigger than its rear prints. If the animal is a quadruped that walks planta grade, then the back feet the back prints are bigger than the fronts. But having said all that, understand that the biggest prince that a wolf has ever left were five inches wide six inches long. Their prints are more elongated in appearance than a dog's prints are going to be, for example. But with that in mind, how do you describe the size of these prints? And were there any particular features about the prince that stood out besides that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'd definitely say the prints were like deep in the earth, like the ground, if you will, like very deep, and I think now if I was to put my hand in it, it would be probably about a foot wide or no more than a foot wide, probably a foot and a half wide. Oh, I'll also be in like it's really hard to describe, but just these massive prints and they looked, uh like so in the front of each of these toes which I'd assume they were were like especially like dug into and then kind of like ripped out of where I'd assume it was running from, and it looked like a dog dog's foot each step, but also with that part of the ground ripped out by what I'd assume is the what are they called claws on its feet or the nails on its toes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it feels a dog man that it had claws on its feet. But eighteen inch wide. You said that the prince looked to be about eighteen inches wide.
Speaker 2: M taking a rough guess, i'd say about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never heard of prince approaching that size. I've heard of them being about the size of a dinner plate for a twelve footer, but never anything even approaching eighteen inches wide. Is there any possibility that as it ran through that area that the ground was soggy enough where it was pulling up mud, and that enlarged the prince. So the prince looked bigger than the actual feet that left the prince.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, yeah, that would make more sense.
Speaker 1: Something was going on if you found eighteen inch wide prints, Yeah, something was going on to make those prints bigger than what was actually sticking into the ground in the form of feet, because yeah, their feet just don't get that big. They get huge, like I said, dinner plate sized, And when you see a cannid print as the size of a dinner plate, that gets your motor running. But yeah, nothing that's eighteen inches wide or like I said, even approaching that. So it makes me wonder what was going on there. Did you notice a left left, right right or a left right left right pattern to those prints.
Speaker 2: Say the left right, left, right, left right, so.
Speaker 1: It definitely was running on two legs in Yeah. The reason why I asked that is if you see a left left, right right pattern, then it's quadrupedal. If it's left right, left right, then obviously it's running bipedal. So that's why I asked you about that. Well, let's get into some of the listeners' questions from the live chat. Now, the first question would be from d Truth and D wants to know how big was the head compared to a German shepherd's head, and also he wants to know did you see any teeth.
Speaker 2: I didn't see any teeth since it was on about top part of its muzzle, so about where its nose would be hanging like over the foliage, So I didn't see anything below that. But its head was like massive, this like massive head, and best thing I can use to describe its head it would probably be about hm see, like compared to a German shepherd's head, like about almost three times the size of a German shepherd's head.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a pretty big head. But if it's a nine footer, then yeah, I could have a head that big. That's pretty sizable. Before I go on to the next question, just a reminder, I've got an announcement to make at the end of tonight's show. Well, it's not really going to be the end of the show. It's going to be at the tail end or close to the end of the show. I should say. It's a big announcement that you're not going to want to miss. But moving on to the next question for you. Dom Dee also wants to know did it sound like it ran on two or four legs? We've answered that question. It definitely was running on too, but did it sound like it was running on two or four legs?
Speaker 2: It sounded like two legs because it would be like boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, and you could hear and almost feel every individual step it took.
Speaker 1: Wow, must have been a big boy if you could feel like that had to have been. The next question is from Nadine Smith, and she wants to know how many other people have seen it. He said that some of the neighbors were talking with you about it, But how many people in the area have you noticed talking about this?
Speaker 2: Really? Only my pop he was the only one who had seen it.
Speaker 1: I must have been confused. I thought you said that at least some of the neighbors were talking about it, almost like they had seen it.
Speaker 2: Before they came over because my pop pop had told them about it. They came over to talk about it. Oh, part I left out. I completely forgot about it. These cats, these outdoor cats had been going missing for a while, so that was also a big topic when the neighbors came over to talk about this thing. But based off what I know, nobody else saw it except me and my pop Pop.
Speaker 1: Dog men are hard on cats, so it wouldn't surprise me. It feels taken them out like it was going out of style. It looks like Nadine also wants to know how long its snout was.
Speaker 2: It's smeut hmmm. I mean I was looking up on it, so had kind of a like a medium sized snout for what I'd assume, I guess how big its head was, so thinking of it, I'd say, hm, hm, oh, like seven inch snout like coming out from its face.
Speaker 1: That's a fairly good sized snout for had that size though, I guess not, but I guess it depends on how wide that snout was too. The muzzle was, But then again, yeah, it wasn't there. It might have looked a lot bigger than what I've got in mind that you're describing it as being.
Speaker 2: Oh, the muzzle that was actually pretty wide. It was wide, so I guess it's proportions on its face. It's snout and muzzle were definitely a lot shorter. On its face than its head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they must have been, or it must have been because ef it's head was about three times the size of a German shepherd's head. Then that's a big head. And if it's muzzle, it's only seven inches long or so. That's a pretty small short snout, I should say, if we're head that big. The next question is from audacious Amber Hamber. She wants to know any mind speaker dread feelings. Thank you. Uh.
Speaker 2: I was actually talking to my girlfriend earlier and I was talking about my experience, and I was telling her about how, you know, every time I do think of it, it's not as bad as what I used to but it just reminds me that these things are real and it gives me that like that like shiver that goes up your spine and stuff, that cold feeling. But like I said, not as bad as it used to be.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that as time goes by, it's and easier to think about and deal with. Thank goodness for that. This next question for you is from to be or not.
Speaker 2: To be, and.
Speaker 1: They want to know looking back, do you get the sense the dog man was intelligent?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I'm not too not too sure, I know it came back, but that's about the most intelligent thing I can think of, that it was able to come back to the trailer. But I remember Matt, I didn't see any signs that they could have tried to get in or do something.
Speaker 1: I don't, thank Goodness for that. And just to verify. Nadine Smith wants to know, Obvious said it came back, but was that the only time that you saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the only time I saw it.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness or that. Audaisias Amber wants to know if you saw what the eye color was?
Speaker 2: Had these amber coat like amber colored eyes, so i'd say like a dark amber color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty typical. Wellington Wallace wants to know if you smelled anything strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing definitely. Like I said earlier, it smelled like garbage and like rotten beat, like that decay smell.
Speaker 1: That's pretty typical too. That fits. Sam Klin wants to know did you see the teeth or claws?
Speaker 2: I saw the claw marks on the deer, but teeth, well, I saw the chunks taken out of the deer too, so I didn't see them physically, but I can definitely tell you that thing must have been like had some ferocious claws on it, because the streaks of that deer, I don't really know how why to say they were, but like they were decently wide like streaks on that deer's like carcass.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it did that ferocious clause. Unfortunately, that goes together as far as talking about dogging goes like peanut butter and jelly. And like I said, again, unfortunately, this next question for you is from Ded Truth and he wants to know what he's saying. I'm in PA, and I've seen a lot up here. What the area of PA. Now, you don't have to reveal that if you don't want to, but if you don't mind, then feel free.
Speaker 2: It was Cumberland County. Yeah, around Cumberland County.
Speaker 1: Some strange things happen in PA. A lot of strange things do. Unfortunately, I've got one more question for you, and it's from Deed Truth. Again. He wants to know if you've ever been back and searched the area.
Speaker 2: I've never went back to. Well, i've been back to the trailer park, but I've never actually went back into the woods. But I think maybe a few years from now I might go back just to and I'll go back prepared, but just to see if this thing is still there, and I'll probably be taking some people with me.
Speaker 1: Can't say I'll blame you there, baby steps. Yeah, whenever you're ready and you're sure that you're ready, then yeah, that'd be great if you did go back there. But like I said, don't rush it. Don't go back until you know you're ready to do it. But I'm glad to hear that you have sworn off going back into those woods. The fact that you are open to going back when you're ready, that says a lot. That's great news. Well, before we close this out with you here tonight, Dom, do you have any closing comments you'd like to put out there for us.
Speaker 2: Not too much, I don't, not that I can really think of off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that makes it easy then well, Dom, thanks again so much for coming on the show and sharing the details of that experience with this. I really appreciate it realcome and if you ever need to.
Speaker 2: Thank you for letting me come on and share my encounter.
Speaker 1: Well you're welcome. Yeah, That's what I'm here for. And if down the road you ever do need help, then please let me know so we can schedule another conversation and I'll find out what's the ailing. Un We'll take it from there. Then. All right, all right, thanks again for your time and have a great night you too. Thanks, we'll see all right, that's taking care of and moving on. Before we get out of here, I guess it's time to put that announcement out there for you. I'm asked all the time about putting out more dog main related content. Well, after brainstorming, I decided that I'm going to be in podcast format, not on YouTube here, but in podcast format. I'm going to start, which not immediately but down the road here, I'm going to start putting out a podcast that consists of dog me and creepy pasta stories. These aren't going to be factual stories about dogmen. They're going to be dog me and creepy pasta stories that I've created. Well, tonight, I'm going to give you a sample episode one, and that episode is going to be titled something New Child should Ever See. So, without any further ado, let's have a listen to it.
Speaker 3: The Kodiak Island National Wildlife Refuge was a vast wilderness it's towering trees and rugged terrain, untouched by time, a place where nature reigned, wild and unyielding, the perfect escape for a family who wanted to reconnect with the land. For seven year old Luke, it was an adventure he had been looking forward to for months. It was supposed to be a simple camping trip, a chance to bond with his parents, to explore the dense forests, to breathe in the crisp, salty air of the coast. But that was before everything changed. Before the wind shifted and the weather took a turn for the worse. Luke had wandered too far from camp, following a path that seemed familiar at first, but soon dissolved into unfamiliar woods. The trees grew denser here, the shadows stretching longer. As the day waned, he called out to his parents, but his voice was swallowed by the howling wind that had suddenly kicked up. Panic began to tighten its grip on his chest. He should have stayed close, He should have listened when his mom told him to stay within sight. But now, as the temperature dropped and the sky darkened, there was no sign of his parents, and that's when he heard it, the low, rumbling growl of thunder far in the distance. The storm was coming. Luke's heart raced as the first flakes of snow began to fall, light at first, but quickly intensifying. The world around him blurred the white snowflakes made making it impossible to see more than a few feet ahead. His little boots slipped in the softening earth as he tried to move faster, but the snow was falling faster, now blanketing everything in a thick veil of white. He knew he needed to get back to the camp, but the path had disappeared beneath the snow. Every direction looked the same. Desperation clawed at him as he called for his parents again, but the wind carried his voice away. His eyes stung with tears as the storm roared louder, drowning out any hope of hearing anything but the violent howl of the wind. The storm wasn't just a backdrop anymore. It was part of the hunt. The snow had turned into a blinding flurry, and the world felt as if it was closing in on Luke. His breath came in frantic gasps, a plume of vapor rising into the cold air. He stumbled through the snow, his heart pounding in his ears. Each step felt heavier, each breath more labored. The wind howled like a wild animal, but Luke had a sinking feeling that it wasn't just storm. He was hearing something else was out there. His body froze, instincts screaming at him to stop. He didn't know why. He didn't see anything, just the swirling snow and the white washed trees, but the feeling grew, like eyes were watching him, like something was closing in, something big. Then out of nowhere came the snap of a twig. The sound was so loud, so sudden, that it cut through the storm like a knife. Luke's blood ran cold. He spun around, searching the snow covered forest, but there was nothing, nothing but the swirling whiteness. The air smelled different, now darker, heavier. His feet moved without thinking, scrambling through the snow in a frantic, desperate escape. He had no idea where he was going, only that he needed to get away from that sound, from the feeling of something following him. It wasn't long before the first unmistakable sound reached his ears, a low, grounding rumble that seemed to vibrate through the ground itself. The ground trembled with each step that followed. Luke's heart raced in his chest, and then the unmistakable roar of a beast, a sound so deep, so primal, that it made his bones shudder. A bear. Luke didn't dare look back. He ran faster, his little legs pumping the snow dragging at his boots as he sprinted toward what seemed like an open patch in the forest. Maybe there he'd be able to see something, find something that could lead him back to safety. The trees blurred around him, the wind stinging his eyes, but the growl, that terrible, bone chilling growl, followed him louder, closer. Suddenly he burst into a clearing. His boots slipped on the slick ground as he tried to steady himself. Snow crunched beneath him, but he didn't care. He was out of breath, dizzy, and the cold was gnawing at his skin. But more terrifying than the storm was the sound behind him, the growl that rumbled deeper, now shaking the very earth beneath him. Luke's body was frozen in place as a shape emerged from the shadows of the trees, the bear. It was massive. The bear's fur looked like a dark, matted cloak that seemed to absorb the light. Its eyes glowed with a predatory hunger, fixated on the boy standing frozen in the clearing, Its massive jaws parted, revealing sharp teeth as long as Luke's hand. The creature's claws scraped against the earth, making a sound like metal dragging on stone. Luke stumbled back, his chest, heaving his thoughts scattered. The bear took a step forward and another until it was mere feet from him. The cold breath from its nostrils made the air around him shimmer. The bear wasn't just hungry, it was furious. It took another step closer, its towering form dwarfing the small boy. The creature's growl deepened into a rumbling that echoed through the clearing. The eyes of the bear were locked on Luke, its muscles coiling like springs ready to launch. Luke's mind screamed at him to run, but his body wouldn't move. His legs felt like they were made of stone, as though the fear had rooted him in place, and then, just as the bear began to raise its claws, preparing to make its final lethal strike, Luke did the only thing he could. He collapsed. He crumpled to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. All hope had drained from him. His breath came and jagged, desperate sobs as the snow continued to fall around him. He didn't even know if the bear would strike him before he could breathe again. All he could do was wait. And then the growl came again. But this time it was different. It was deeper, fuller, and there was something more. It was a growl like no animal had ever made before. The clearing was deathly silent, the storm's fury a distant, muffled roar in the background. Luke's sobs were the only sound that filled the air, each breath coming in ragged gas. As he lay there, completely vulnerable, the bear loomed over him, its massive form casting a shadow that swallowed the boy hole. And then, just as the world seemed to shrink into a tunnel of fear, the growl returned. But this time it was different. It wasn't a growl from the bear. Luke's body went rigid, his tears froze on his face as a deep, guttural growl echoed from somewhere just behind him, reverberating through the snow soaked ground. This wasn't just any animal. It was something far more terrifying, something Luke couldn't even comprehend. The bear's attention snapped to the thicket behind Luke, its massive head jerking toward the sound. It froze, its ears flicking back in alarm. As the growl intensified, the air seemed to thrum with tension, like a storm was about to break. Luke's heart hammered in his chest. His eyes darted to the thick trees behind him. His mind screamed at him to run, but his legs wouldn't obey. He was paralyzed with fear. What could make a sound like that? And why was the bear reacting so strongly? Then came the sound that no one would ever forget, the sickening sound of something cracking, popping, like a giant's knuckles twisting in a grotesque symphony. The noise was so loud, so unnatural, that it sent a tremor through the boy's body. And just as the cracking stopped, the air grew colder, so cold that it seemed to freeze the very breath in his lungs. And then the ground beneath Luke's knees trembled. The bear's attention shifted back to Luke, its eyes narrowing with an almost unnatural malice. But the boy wasn't looking at it anymore. He couldn't. Slowly rising from the thick thicket behind him, something impossibly huge began to emerge. It was a shadow at first than a shape, a towering silhouette that seemed to stretch and twist as it rose to its full height, its massive form unfurling like some ancient nightmare. Luke's mouth went dry, his eyes wide in disbelief. A creature, part wolf, part man, and all terror stood behind him. Its fur was dark, rippling with muscle, and it loomed over the bear like a nightmare given form, its eyes yellow and piercing, locked onto the bear with a hunger so intense it could have swallowed the world whole. Luke's breath caught in his throat. It was a dog man, bigger than any of the stories he had heard, taller than the tallest man, standing a full twelve feet tall. Its jaw was filled with rows of sharp teeth, bared in a silent snarl that sent chills crawling down Luke's spine. The bear, standing at a mere eleven feet, seemed to realize it was no longer the apex predator in this clearing. With a primal roar, it stood on its hind legs or to meet the dog man's height. Its claws dug into the frozen earth, but the dog man was unfazed. A long, deep inhalation echoed from the dog Man's throat, its chest rising and falling like the growl of an ancient beast. Then, with a terrifying howl, the creature threw its head back and released a roar so deafening, so full of power that the very trees around them seemed to bend. The bear hesitated its own growl, faltering for a split second before it charged, its massive body, moving faster than anything that size should have been capable of, But the dog man was faster. With one swift, fluid movement, the dog man swung its massive arm, its claws glinting in the pale light of the storm. It was almost a blur, an impossibility in speed and grace. As the bear lunged at it, claws raised, but the dog man was already on the move, its roar shaking the earth beneath them. The clearing erupted into chaos. The bear, the massive and furious, charged with an unstoppable force, its jaws snapping, claws slashing through the air. But the dog man, impossibly fast, impossibly strong, was already there, a blur of fur and muscle. With a single step, the dog Man was behind the bear. Its massive claws raked across the bear's thick hide, leaving gashes that instantly bled, dark and viscous. The bear roared in pain, but the dog man didn't stop. It moved like lightning, a creature of nightmares, cutting through the storm as if it was nothing but a distraction. The bear twisted around, its eyes, blazing with rage. It swung its massive paws, the claws cutting through the air like battering rams. The dog man ducked low, its body, twisting and dodging with terrifying agility, narrowly avoiding the crushing blows. Its growl was low, guttural, and filled with the promise of death. The bear, disoriented but not defeated, swung again. This time it caught the dog man across the chest, its claws digging deep into the creature's fur. But the dog man didn't retreat. Instead, it roared louder, its body trembling with fury, and with one powerful motion, it launched itself onto the bear's back. With an impossibly strong grip, the dogmen sank its claws into the bear's flesh, holding on as the bear thrashed and bucked in an attempt to throw it off. The two titans collided, with the ground, shaking the earth beneath them. The sound of bone and sinew clashing was deafening, The air filled with the noise of their battle growls, roars, and the sickening sound of tearing flesh. Luke, still on the ground, could barely move. His body was frozen, not from the cold, but from the sheer terror of what he was witnessing. His eyes darted from the bear to the dog man, each strike, each motion so fast and brutal it seemed to warp reality itself. The storm had turned from a wild howl to a whisper, as though even nature itself had stopped to watch this brutal dance of death. And then, just as the battle seemed to reach its peak, something shifted. The dog Man, with an almost supernatural ease, wrenched its claws from the bear's back and slammed its full weight onto the creature's chest with a roar that shook the trees. The dogmen sank its teeth deep into the bear's neck, ripping and tearing with savage precision. The bear screamed in agony, its claws flailing, but it was futile. The dog Man's power was overwhelming. It twisted its jaws, ripping through the muscle and bone, and with one final monstrous twist, the bear went still. For a moment, there was silence. The storm resumed its howling fury, but now the clearing was eerily still. The dogmen stood over the fallen bear, its chest heaving with heavy breaths, its eyes cold and calculate as it stared down at his kill. Luke's heart pounded in his chest, but he couldn't move, He couldn't breathe. The nightmare was real, and he had no idea if he was about to become its next victim. But then the dog Man's eyes flicked toward him. Its gaze was not one of hunger, not one of the predator it had just proven to be, but something else. It was curious, almost intelligent, like it knew Luke was there but hadn't yet decided what to do with him. The creature's growl faded into a low, rumbling hum. Slowly it turned away from the dead bear, its towering figure moving with a grace that belied its sighs. Each step was a reminder that this thing was ancient, powerful, and not to be trifled with. Luke watched in stunned silence as the dog man made its way back into the trees. With one final lingering look over its shoulder, it disappeared into the darkness of the storm, leaving Luke alone with the remains of the bear and the snow swirling around him. The storm roared back to life, its cold winds cutting through the clearing like a living thing. Snow flurried around Luke, but he barely felt it. He was still frozen, staring at the place where the dog man had vanished. His mind was a storm of its own, a whirlwind of disbelief and terror. Was that real? Had the beast truly just spared him. After all the carnage, the silence that followed the battle was deafening. The bear, once a massive, terrifying predator, was now nothing more than a lifeless heap of fur and muscle on the snow. Blood pooled around it, turning the ground dark against the white canvas of the storm. It was a sight that would haunt Luke for the rest of his life, But for now, all he could do was stare. His small body trembled, not just from the cold, but from the adrenaline that still surged through his veins. His legs felt like jelly, and his arms ached with the stiffness of fear. He wanted to run, he wanted to scream, but something deep inside told him that he couldn't. Not yet. A part of him, maybe the part of him that had been raised on stories of survival and heroes, wanted to face what had happened, to understand, But his instincts were louder his body's survival mechanism, screaming for him to leave this place, to get away before the creature returned, or worse, before the storm trapped him for good. He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there, but the storm had only grown more violent, howling through the trees with a ferocity that made his skin crawl. The snow had piled up around him, and his breath came out in thick clouds of white vapor. His stomach twisted in hunger and fear, and his throat was dry from the cold. Luke looked down at his hands, trembling, his fingers numb, he couldn't feel them anymore. The last few minutes had felt like a lifetime, and he wasn't sure how he was still alive, how he had survived that encounter, How had that creature chosen not to kill him? But there was no time for questions. The storm had reached its peak, and he knew that if he didn't find shelter soon, the cold would be the end of him. With a final glance at the bear's lifeless body, Luke pushed himself to his feet. His legs shook under him, but he took one shaky step forward, then another and another, moving through the snow as quickly as he could manage. Every step felt like an eternity, every sound in the woods sending his heart into overdrive. But as he moved he couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching him, that somehow, somewhere in the thick shadows of the trees, the dog Man was still there, keeping its distant vigil over him. It wasn't until much later that the search teams finally reached the clearing. Helicopters buzzed overhead, their lights cutting through the dense snowstorm like the piercing gaze of a predator. Round crews, bundled in heavy gear combed through the wilderness, following the faint traces of the lost boy's path. Hours passed as they searched. They found the tracks where Luke had stumbled through the deep snow, the trail of his tiny feet still visible in the fresh powder. But when they reached the clearing, they found something even more unsettling. The remains of the bear were still there, torn apart with a brutality that made the hairs on the back of every rescuer's neck stand on end. The blood had frozen in the snow, dark and thick, like some terrible warning. And then in the distance they found Luke. He was huddled beneath a fallen tree, his eyes wide and hollow with exhaustion and terror. His clothes were soaked with snow, his small bodies shivering violently from the cold. But when they reached him, when they spoke his name, he looked up with eyes that had seen something no child should ever see, something that was still out there in the storm. Watching the rescue team voices were like distant echoes, muffled by the weight of the storm. They surrounded Luke, lifting him carefully from beneath the fallen tree, wrapping him in warm blankets, but the boy couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something was still out there, something waiting in the blizzard. As they carried him towards safety, his mind replayed everything, the terror of the bear, the thunderous growl of the dog man, the impossible roar that shook his very soul. His legs felt weak, his body numb, but his mind was alert, watching, listening for any sign of the creature's return. The storm, however, had not abated. The wind howled and snow whipped through the air, stinging his face and making it hard to see. But despite the storm's fury, despite the chaos of the search, Luke couldn't forget the thing that had saved him. He didn't know what the dog Man was, didn't understand why it had spared him, but one thing was certain, that creature had protected him. As the rescue team made their way back toward the helicopter, the noise of the world seemed to fade into the background, and in that eerie silence, Luke caught something, a movement in the trees. His heart skipped a beat, his breath caught in his throat. The dog Man, its silhouette, massive and hulking, stood just beyond the tree line, watching them. The creature was almost invisible in the storm, but there was no mistaking it. The eyes, those amber eyes, glowed faintly, piercing through the snow like twin lanterns. For a long moment, the Dogmen stared at the boy, its gaze heavy, its presence both comforting and terrifying. It didn't make a sound, It didn't move, It just watched. Then, as if sensing that its job was done, the creature turned slowly, disappearing back into the forest from which it had emerged. The storm seemed to part just a little, as if the world itself was holding its breath, waiting for the creature.
Speaker 1: To vanish.
Speaker 3: Luke didn't speak, He didn't need to. He didn't know how to explain what he had seen, what had happened. But in the pit of his stomach, he knew that the dog Man wasn't just a creature of nightmares. It was something more, something ancient and powerful, something that didn't answer to the rules of man or nature, and for some reason, it had chosen to spare him. As the helicopter lifted into the air, Luke glanced one last time at the dense forest below, his eyes searching the trees. The dog Man was gone, but Luke would never forget its eyes, nor would he ever forget the way the storm had quieted the moment it had stepped into the clearing. In the months that followed, Luke's story spread. Searchers combed the Kodiak Island National Wildlife Refuge for signs of the dog Man, but no one found anything. The bear's remains were recovered, analyzed, and the official report deemed it an unfortunate tragedy, a wild animal attack. The dog Man, though, remained a shadow in the background, a whispered tale among locals and researchers. Luke, now older, still remembers the creature. The nightmares come less frequently, but every so often he wakes in the dead of night, his heart pounding, convinced that something is watching him from the dark. But when he tells his story, when he shares the truth of what happened in that clearing, people don't believe him. They laugh, They dismiss it as a child's overactive imagination or the trauma of an ordeal too terrifying to process. Yet Luke knows the truth. He knows what he saw, and deep down he knows the dog Man is still out there.
Speaker 1: And there you go. That's episode one of the new podcast. I'm not going to reveal the name of this new podcast yet. I'm not going to reveal that until I'm ready to actually start creaking out episodes or publishing episodes. As far as that goes. I don't know how long it's going to be before I do start releasing maybe five six or so episodes, but I am going to hold back numerous episodes and then launch the podcast so that way it hits the ground running. But once it is ready to publish that way, of course, I'll be sure to let you know so that you can be ready for that. But having said that, everyone, thanks against so much for listening. And if you've had to dog me in the counter that you need help with, or if you like to come on the show and share that experience with the listeners, all you would need to do is to go to dogmanthecounters dot com and submit a report. If you do that, then of course I'll contact you to schedule a phone consultation. Then we'll take it from there. But having said that, thanks again so much for listening and have a great night.
Speaker 2: S English