Speaker 1: The sun is shining out a cloud in the sky. We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 2: Some people on some skis, but we.
Speaker 1: Would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the evid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the evident Indoorsmen at home on the go. We're the Avid indoors Man. We hope you love it, so come on in and stay. We'll do our best to make use my the indoors Man.
Speaker 2: What is happening? I'm Rob Lundquist, I'm and we are the Avid Indoorsmen.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, he how are you, sir? I'm doing pretty well, buddy. We are in third fall spring here, so that's nice. We're really making it. Did you get snow today? We got some snow, yeah, yeah, and then it rained punch. It was a very weird day.
Speaker 2: It's a weird day. I don't think we've talked about it on here, but I went up to Duluth. Oh yeah, that's right, and it was awesome. We got like the most beautiful day up there. It was like fifty and it was kind of crazy because Kelsey had she you know, was responsible for taking care of all of us really yes. And in all of that, she forgot to bring her coat.
Speaker 3: She forgot her own coat.
Speaker 2: And we went up to Split Rock Lighthouse, which is up a little bit past two Harbors.
Speaker 3: Oh, just tarling up there.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely gorgeous up there. But like on most days you need a coat, and it could have like it could have been like completely ruined, and it was a beautiful day. She didn't even need it. It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: She always says you to keep her warm wrap. Yeah, props, Like I'm wearing my coat, You're gonna have to future something out.
Speaker 2: It was like the only one wearing my coat. I swear, I'm just that guy. Now it's just like just like I'm a little.
Speaker 3: Chili, I'm gonna put a little cold on.
Speaker 2: Just gonna keep this on. I'm like almost always in a hoodie.
Speaker 3: Now that's fun. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 3: We're men of comfort, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not here anything is hoodie. I love the it's there. I think they call it city connect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of those Okay, I like that northern life thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I like it. Oh And speaking of twins, I'm going to the home opener tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't even know it was tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's tomorrow, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a little chilli.
Speaker 2: Man, it'll be a wee bit chilli. The high is forty four.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's doable.
Speaker 2: It's doable. We just went and did the Loons game a couple of weeks ago, and it was about the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 2: I was okay, I have some handwarmers.
Speaker 3: That is clutch put we get all the If my hands are warm, I'm okay. My hands and feet sees.
Speaker 2: The only it was just my toes that got cold, So I'm gonna I'm gonna try and keep them in my in my shoes this time.
Speaker 3: But were you taking your shoes off last time?
Speaker 2: No, it just they just got cold and I was just wearing like one pair of I think I'm gonna go all out, get like the smart wooll real thicks.
Speaker 3: We got plan ahead. Yeah, I get you, you get you, get you. Yeah, I'm exciting. Yeah, super fune. Have you been watching any films?
Speaker 2: Well, yes I have, Thank you for asking. Currently in the theaters is a film that is based on a true story called Last Breath with Woody Harrel's Oh Yeah, Simu Liu, and the main character is played by Finn Cole, who I recognized as Michael from The Peaky Blind Days IF and Blinde Pig.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fun. I thought that one of those other dudes was the lead, So that's you've already taught me.
Speaker 2: He's pretty much the lead guy. Cool. Yeah, those you know, Woody and Simou also have pretty big roles. But for people that aren't aware, it's about these deep sea divers that work for a company that does underwater repairs. They work in very deep water and some stuff goes away and it becomes a rescue mission. It is pretty intense. I didn't know this story at all, so I was pretty invested. So it wasn't like you know, when you go and see Titanic, you're like, oh, I wonder if the ship is going to stay up there?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't have any of that, so I was into it. Very suspenseful. I was moving, it was well paced. It's a tight ninety minute.
Speaker 3: Love that we love a tight I'm into that.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I thought it was definitely worth seeing. I don't know if you need to go to the theater to see it.
Speaker 3: It feels like a streamer to me a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of a streamer.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I go see worse stuff than that in the theater.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been to the theater with you and seen much worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's worth checking out. It's called Last Breath.
Speaker 3: Nice. That's super fun. I'm excited to check that out.
Speaker 2: What have you been watching?
Speaker 3: So? I watched a little film called The Heart Eyes, which I have I think mentioned in the past. Yeah, it is a horror movie. I just watched it today actually, but this is a horror film about hard Eyes is the name of a killer oh attacks people only on Valentine's Day. So it is kind of a it's it's really farcical. It's in it's more in the vein of like a scary no, not scary movie scream sorry, scream type movie actually, but even even lending into scary movie territory a little bit as well, because they're making fun of a lot of stuff in this movie cool and they're kind of spoofing both. It's not like a full on parody, but it's close. You know, they're they're edging towards it, but rom coms and horror movies and things. It was not amazing but a pretty fun time. I had a good time with it. I didn't I recognized the one guy, Mason Gooding was in. Uh, I don't know. He's been in a few things. He was in that I Want You Back movie a while back that had Charlie Day.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: What's her name she was?
Speaker 2: It wasn't Jenny Slate was it was? Yeah, I liked that movie. It was fun.
Speaker 3: I did too. I like that he's one of like the other characters in that, and I think he was in one of the like to all the boys I've loved before style movies that I already loved.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I love a big fan over here, guys.
Speaker 3: I can never get him to shut up about him. But anyway, he was like the only one, honestly that I really recognized. Other than a few really small parts. It was a pretty fun movie. Also, like ninety five minutes, so it's got that going for it, and it's, you know, it is the I will say fun type of horror movie, not like you know, it is Gorrian parts, but it's more a little more light hearted and silly. I liked it, Yeah, but I I don't really recommend it.
Speaker 2: I had a fun time, but it would have never guessed that you were then gonna end with I don't recommend it.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. If you think you'll enjoy it, you're probably right. But I don't want to persuade anyone to see this movie because it's very.
Speaker 2: Silly and yeah, nothing but good thing to say about him. I don't recommend it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm an easy audience.
Speaker 2: Wrap you are you are.
Speaker 3: I don't want someone to spend their only night out on this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that. Another streamer, Oh, big time streamer. Yeah, there you go for sure. So that's me with my moderate take. What have you been streaming something that I would recommend? Oh? We got Season three of Reacher is all done and I watched it? Did you not? Have you not watched it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't. I fell behind on Reacher for some reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I think I wast likely. I want them all to be out. I just want to binge it. I get this week that show, yeah, I get that, Like it's not smart enough for me.
Speaker 3: To watch week to week. I need to be able to munch a bunch of them at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the season was pretty good up until the finale. Oh no, it's awesome. Oh great, Oh that could have been the wrong way. Okay, cool got awesome in the finale.
Speaker 3: Well now, I'm definitely.
Speaker 2: Back big fan of the finale because I was kind of lukewarm on this season. I didn't really care about the new characters they brought in for the most part. And yeah, but I was going to just have the final episode on in the background while I did this outline, and I ended up just stopping and I was just like, we're really going to focus in on this note. Is that's awesome? I like it was great. Some stuff went down, a bunch of action. It was pretty great. I would recommend.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was kind of feeling the way I think you said this at one point or another where you were like, he just kind of kills everyone now, and that is like a little weird.
Speaker 5: I was like, Yeah, it felt like he had this like pretty serious moral compass, and this season it felt like they went a different way.
Speaker 3: With that, and they're all kind of dirt bags, So I guess I get it. But at the same yeah, anyway, that doesn't matter. But yeah, that's cool. Well, I'm glad to hear that. It gets super intriguing. It was cool.
Speaker 2: It was a cool ending, for sure.
Speaker 3: You love it, Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, check it out And that's on Prime's rhyme.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to check it out. Correct.
Speaker 2: What have you been streaming?
Speaker 3: I have been over on Hulu. I believe Yellow Jacket season three is out now. As you know, I've enjoyed this show. Yeah, this is a little bit like their Reacher situation. I've been watching it. I've been liking it. Okay, they're kind of losing me a little bit, and then we had a really fun episode and now I'm like all the way back in. So I think there's two more episodes left this season as of when we're recording it, because I think there's ten. I've watched.
Speaker 2: So they go week to week, yeah.
Speaker 3: They do, and I hadn't. I hadn't been watching week to because I watched like two or three, so I'd watched a few and then you know, kind of caught back up. But they had a really some crazy stuff happened.
Speaker 4: Oh that was fun.
Speaker 2: I had heard that that first season was incredible. The second season was kind of mah, yeah, how are you feeling about this season?
Speaker 3: Uh mah, But we're trending upward. I think I think they were a little bit hamstrung by Juliette Lewis, was was in it since the beginning and had signed on for five seasons but then left at the end of last season. So I think they're kind of scrambling because she was a main ish character. Okay, she's or just one of the main people for sure, But so I think they're kind of scrambling a little bit. But I feel like we're kind of getting out of that now a little bit, maybe, you know. So I think we're on the upswing perhaps, But it's an interesting show and it's a if nothing else is bonkers. So but they've had some really fun like needle drop moments and stuff this year, which is which we always love, right when you picked like a really good song. Yeah, So yeah, I think it's worth checking out. It's not going to be for everybody, so you know, if you're not into it after the first couple episodes, feel free to bail right right one of those deals.
Speaker 2: But I'm just glad it's not only on Showtime now because now I can actually go and watch it if I want to.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, yeah, because it is a showtime show, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is on Huluno, so yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check it out. I don't know if you'd like it or not, but there's definitely a chance.
Speaker 2: It's full cool.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Should we do a few plug runs? I think we should.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: You guys can visit us us always over on the Twitter machine at the habit Indoorsman with Disease eight, also at the Abbit endorsement on Instagram TikTok Blue Sky Threads. Wolf, I have used that before several times, but you just come find us. We're out there, we're hanging out. What is that last one? Remember Wolf? We talked about this. It's on the office. It's the one he comes. He's like Wolf and then like the Facts Machine go his Patreot go. And so I'm sorry I brought it up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to make you explain it to me every time you say it, well, because.
Speaker 3: And I'll just keep saying it because I'm an idiot. But you know, it's pretty fun. But if you really want to hang out route and be part of the crew, The spot to.
Speaker 2: Go is patreon dot com slash the Avid Indoorsman. It's a great time on Patreon. We love our patrons. We give them lots of perks. One of those is getting a shout out here. So let's say hello to Marsha Greasyac Mary Fox, Nanette Walkley. You're ambrosted, deb Oak, and Noel Flores. You guys are wonderful. Thank you so much for your patronage. Another perk will give our patrons is an extended version of every episode that we put out. We've decided to do a top five draft that pertains to the movie that we're talking about, and for this one, we don't think we've used before. Yeah, I feel like we've had to have but a top five Father Son Movies draft.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, hell.
Speaker 2: But honestly, when I was researching, I was like, I don't know if I've ever researched this.
Speaker 3: I kind of I think we've just done like Family before, So I feel like we're saffe actually okay, yeah, and either way, it's just for fundsies.
Speaker 2: It's just for funies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. What is it? I was just trying to think of the is it Groundhog Day? Where he's like, what is the chances he'll stay with us again tomorrow? And he's like seventy five to eighty when.
Speaker 2: He's starting to doubt it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Ye sorry, because he's a meteorologist, which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And at first he's like chances of departure and then the next day is like seventy yeah. I think it's fun. I love that we are here today to talk about a great film called Frequency from the year two THO. Nice, nice, love it, great work, great work. Uh, And we had to bring a zaddi of our own here back with us, a man who maybe saw this with you in the theater.
Speaker 2: We definitely have talked about this movie a lot. I don't know if we saw it in the theater together or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that that's ever come up. It's definitely come up when we've all been chatting before, for sure, for sure. But he's a man that we all know and we all love. Let's be sure. For Timmy Saints Summer.
Speaker 2: What's up Timmy?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, Hi, buddy.
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you We're good. It's good to see you.
Speaker 4: It's good to see you, guys. I'm great as well. It's everything's just peachy.
Speaker 3: That's cool looking, sharp, peal, so handsome.
Speaker 2: This one wicked shap.
Speaker 3: You guys are both wrapping the twins, which I like a lot.
Speaker 2: Are we t home opener tomorrow? Very excited? Eh, go freeze my buns off and go to that game to marry you are.
Speaker 3: It'll be Dum'll be great.
Speaker 4: Find some some find something.
Speaker 3: Gonna get a dumb dog that things?
Speaker 2: No, No, what is their hot dog? I always get a crammer truck? Dude? You got what?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: What? Now do we messing around with the hot cmarch? I don't know how you say.
Speaker 4: Swearing at me in German?
Speaker 2: It's I think it's polish holish. I believe it's polish.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you're swearing, I mean polish.
Speaker 3: Then there you go, And that's a artful restaurant.
Speaker 2: They're delish, I get every time.
Speaker 4: The dogs should still be called dom dogs. I think they're Swiggerts technically, but oh calm doom dogs.
Speaker 2: No, isn't it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: They have a thing with Sheboygan. It's yeah, shut boyish.
Speaker 4: Summer sausage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I like Schweigerts, though, I think.
Speaker 4: Makes summer sausage. They do all sorts of press meets over there.
Speaker 2: They're great. This episode sponsored by shup bike God. I wish, wouldn't that be fun?
Speaker 3: I love a cured link to meet anytime anybody wants to get me to, you know, preaching free.
Speaker 2: Publicity to them. Let me know, yes, plug, advertise, boom, they're not gonna call. So happy you're here, buddy.
Speaker 3: We're here to talk about a movie called Frequency from the.
Speaker 2: Year two thousand, year two thous time.
Speaker 3: Fantastic h Should we just get started? Should get into it? What do we think? I think? So, let's do it, Rob, Will you get a started with a rough SYNOPSI shoe?
Speaker 2: What if you had the chance to travel back in time and change just one event in your life? What would it be? For John Sullivan? There is no question he would undo the events of October twelfth, nineteen sixty nine, when the out of control Bruxton fire took the life of his father, heroic firefighter. Now John make it exactly what he wished for, and much more than he bargained for.
Speaker 3: Whoa dunt dundu?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good read good read?
Speaker 2: Thanks fun?
Speaker 3: What would you guys change? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh so thanks, I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows. Let's go run tomatoes and read what they have to say. Critics had this coming in at a rock solid seventy percent.
Speaker 2: That's not bad C minus not terrible. I love to getting C minuses. I'm all about it.
Speaker 3: No, not this guy. That was a bad day.
Speaker 2: Audience members, though, had it up at eighty one percent. Guys, boom, that's pretty fresh.
Speaker 3: Yeah he he want's good?
Speaker 2: Right, it's I.
Speaker 4: Think that is that. I not that I like it. I don't want to like step on my own toes coming out.
Speaker 2: I don't step on your toes.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think anyone talked about this a lot, so that seems pretty high to me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It felt like a really low key under the radar movie. I feel like, Rob, you told me about it, Yeah, and I had completely missed all the theatrics around it and to watch frequency.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, I get that.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 3: You should get like a producer credit for this, because you are one of the few people that I've heard talked about.
Speaker 2: Our buddy Nate Stone also adores this.
Speaker 3: Yeah we have ye, let's come up with him too before for sure. Nice. Well, let's find out what we think. It's time to get into our hot take.
Speaker 2: Take.
Speaker 3: That's a hot take.
Speaker 2: That's a hot take.
Speaker 3: Fire.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a fire, there's actual fire in the firefighter. Yeah, the other way.
Speaker 3: Go the other way. Yeah, don't go towards the way that looks like there's no fire. Turns out that's wrong.
Speaker 2: The other way, and you'll make it tricksy.
Speaker 3: I'll go first on this one. This is the first time I've ever seen this film.
Speaker 4: For you, every movie I do with you, you've never seen every good movie.
Speaker 2: Every sing, what's another one?
Speaker 4: Kiss Kiss bing Bang? You hadn't seen but that one.
Speaker 2: We are supposed to do an episode on that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that is my name on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be calling you for that one.
Speaker 3: But there's a number of other ones from your guys. Is like hated that I just missed for some reason. It's like our our small age difference that like kicks up in there for some reason. I don't know small age difference. And I didn't have a movie theater in town, so like before I could drive maybe or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Very strange, but there are a few of those I hadn't seen this. This is a really fun idea for a movie. It's a pretty compelling plot line, super interesting. I love like a time travels slash, you know, mystery thriller situation that's happening in it. I also love that we sort of we get the idea that it's going to be one thing, and then about halfway through it's not right. We think it's just about saving his dad, and then it's like, oh, there's more to it than that, which was so cool. Yeah, I really liked that, and I wasn't expecting it, you know, even with fresh eyes all these years later. I just think it's really interesting. I thought it was pretty well acted. I bought into most of it. You know, there's not there's not too much like handwavy, like it's fine, don't worry about it, you know, situation. I thought it was really compelling that they when the past changed, caviasl could remember both. I thought that was sort of a way of having that because I don't know that it makes a lot of sense otherwise, you know, if you can't sort of remember what it was to so I liked that. I thought that was cool. I feel like they kind of udge the rules on when he remembers them or how he remembers them as things go on. But that's fine too. I mean, I get it, you gotta kind of fudge the rules. But I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a good time. I think it's a really fun thriller movie. I don't have like a lot of hot takes other than thank god that building had a slide in it or him and that lady would have been dead if it didn't have a slide they were in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a very conveniently placed slide.
Speaker 3: So what were those ladies doing in this abandoned building? But then they were like runaways or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they called him squatters.
Speaker 3: She was like a druggy that was passed out or something.
Speaker 4: Last judgment. We don't know. She could have just been paid, well, she.
Speaker 3: Could when she went into the water. In fact, her legs were kicking as she was falling. Very convenient slide that went out into the water.
Speaker 2: That was a great slide.
Speaker 3: It's probably just like a cool slide. This is probably a realistic thing. But that's my and those driver's license good lord, they were just writing on a piece of paper. Remember when he took out the very driver lacenses. Yeah, the driver's licenses that they took from their wallets.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah in six was.
Speaker 3: It sixty nine?
Speaker 4: Six sixty Driver's license technology has advanced greatly in thirty years, although social Security card information technology has not changed at all.
Speaker 3: That is the same.
Speaker 4: It was just like social Security cards.
Speaker 3: That is interesting right there, driver's license. I was like, Wow, we really have come a long way.
Speaker 2: That was like I just had to get one of those real IDs. That was a pain in the butt.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's I didn't realize it was a driver's license on my second watch. When I hear that him actually say your driver's license was under the body, I'm like, oh, that's what that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when you see his paper, that was like.
Speaker 4: His car registration and that was like these for some stupid reason.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I obviously took only the important parts from this.
Speaker 2: Hot Takes, Hot Take Buddy, Hot love it So yeah. I loved this movie when it came out. I adored it. I watched a bunch loved it. It's written by Toby Emrick, who's only written this in another movie, but he's brothers with Noah Emrick, who played Gordo in this movie. Oh and he also now serves as the chairman of Warner Brothers Pictures. So a pretty big deal in the movie world. Turns out it's directed by Gregory Hoblitt. He directed a lot of television and then his first studio movie was Primal Fear, then the movie Fallen, which I absolutely loved, which a lot of people haven't seen, and then this one. So a pretty great little three movie run there for Gregory either.
Speaker 3: So pretty sure I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Look at I love all three of those movies. But yeah, I thought the cast in this was really good. I had seen this so many times and never realized that ten year old Gordy was a redheaded Michael Sarah. That blew my mind.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was that's Michael Sira.
Speaker 6: Just a oh, yes, you're right, correct, correct, it's your adult Gordy's kid out correct right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're thank you, thank you for that, because.
Speaker 3: Rob, you were like, there is one cameo on this that I couldn't believe. So at first I was like, is it one of these kids because I don't recognize And I was like, nah, he made it seem like it was a big deal. I feel like I'll know and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: It shocked me pretty well.
Speaker 2: And I never realized that the mom was played by Juliet from Lost, so that that blew my mind too.
Speaker 3: She's so pretty.
Speaker 2: I'm usually really good with like faces, but I never put that to other when I watched Lost that later.
Speaker 3: I suppose Yeah, I don't know if that was right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I figured that this movie probably bugs like science nerds and like time traveling nerds because it doesn't make a ton of sense, but that rarely matters to me. If they give me enough of an explanation of why it works, I'm usually cool with it. Yeah, whenever the Northern Lights would pop up in conversation, I think of this movie. Sure it. It made me want to go on Timmy's Brothers Cbe Radio Danny and try and talk to myself in the future. Dude, I was always balking to try and get on that thing. I thought it was the coolest.
Speaker 3: Have a license kid, Yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I love a father and son's story, and this is a pretty fun one. I had a super great time rewatching this movie. It brought me back. I'm really glad we're talking about it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some hot takes. Hot take, the worst part of this movie is the aging makeup. They all look pretty bad.
Speaker 3: When that's not great. It's not great.
Speaker 2: It's not great.
Speaker 4: No, it's not there one exception, but we'll get there. But it's Brian Lar is terrible.
Speaker 2: It's not great. And another hot take, he calls his wife Bud. It's super weird. I never was okay with that, but IM just like, did he say bud earlier? Yeah, he's saying Bud, but he called her bug at.
Speaker 3: First and that was confusing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, bug is more of a term of endearment that I can understand. Bud is for your your buddy, your bros. Unless it's your Rosebud, I guess, but it's just I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: But that's not a bedroom, you know.
Speaker 2: Hello. But yeah, I love this movie. That's my that's my take.
Speaker 3: Nice. Can I interject with something no one cares about? I've definitely seen Fear. I just watched it pretty recently, So sorry about that.
Speaker 4: That's the Norton one right breakout. Yeah, was the most coveted role here at some.
Speaker 3: Point this within the last two years for sure, So sorry. I just forgot. I just didn't remember the name of that.
Speaker 2: Do you forget about that movie?
Speaker 3: Once I looked at it, I was like, oh, I've definitely seen this.
Speaker 2: And Gregory Hobblett directed it.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember that. I'm going to be a lot sorry Greg, Greg.
Speaker 4: Damon and Ben after talk about that role. Everyone everyone is and that age group was going for that. Ed Norton.
Speaker 3: It was such a good role, and I think that's why I watched it because it kept coming up in here, so it did any whose sorry Timmy, what's your hot egg?
Speaker 8: You guys always do this.
Speaker 4: You kind of just hit all my key talking points. But the first thing I wrote is I had a lot of fun with this movie It's on, which for a drama that's largely about a serial killer, is kind of something to say that, Like fun is one of the first things you think, but it's it's fun. It's a funny, and you you you nailed the point, Like you get two climaxes. You get the son Saving his Father movie and then the climax with the Bruxton fire, and it feels like that's the movie and that's really just setting up how the story is going to be told this crazy serial killer adventure that veers off into nowhere. So it's it's it's great that you get to see him save his dad and then convince his dad to go be a serial killer hunter, which is batty, but it works. It's easy to get invested obviously. You know father son movies, any father son narrative, whether it's a you know, a loving relationship or a complex relationship.
Speaker 8: Which is really easy to ground myself in those. I love those.
Speaker 4: And then time travel is a plot device. I'm always a sucker for it, and I'm the same way. There's a lot of things that don't make any sense at all in this movie, but it's it's close enough.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, why why can't he remember both timelines? But like everybody else can't.
Speaker 8: That's weird.
Speaker 2: They don't really get into that.
Speaker 8: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care at all.
Speaker 3: As like his dad wouldn't be Like, I should probably tell my best friend about this so that in case my kid ever gets in trouble he can.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, some hot takes I have so one. How did the Sun or anyone else know that if Frank would have gone the different way in the building that Frank was the only person that died, that he would have lived. Like, it's a weird piece of information to know, Like, oh, Dad, if you would have turned to left in that fire, even though I don't know where you were in the building when you burned to death, you would have survived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they maybe.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. It was my biggest one though, The biggest hot take that drove is if you're a sports fan. So I'm Dad, I'm Frank and my son and knows what happens in the World series and I'm so excited about it. Don't spoil the whole episode. I don't want to hear what happened.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing that he tells them.
Speaker 4: What happens game by game, which becomes important later in the movie. But there's no way you let him do that. It's like, let me watch the No, no, no, don't tell me this.
Speaker 2: No. I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know. You would want to know?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you could watch stress Free if especially, I would be like, Okay, tell me all about it. I want to see, and then I would make so much money betting on it. Well, there is that everything with you back to the future to it big time.
Speaker 4: You gotta be careful though, ruined time travel movies. I just try to monetize everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but as we learned time machine that can go against you, so don't plan.
Speaker 4: Don't offer, will not do that hot top time machine too, to be fair, great.
Speaker 3: One right, No, no, no, he was scene with.
Speaker 2: We just watched it.
Speaker 3: What's CD kid name rough Machio, No the bad guy? Oh no, Zabka zaka will kid Right, yeah, I mean you got in other things, I guess, but yeah, yeah, funny anywhove the movie.
Speaker 4: One more hot take is things dropped very slowly too frequently in this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't like that plot device very much. Stop and it was.
Speaker 4: They initially did it took because like the first one worked really well with the helmet drop, even though you dropped the glass room like six inches above the table and at somehow a million pieces with the shortest drop ever, which took the same amount of time as a helmet being tossed out of a third story window. That's neither r there though, that would have worked well because that that was like the memories merging and being created.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really effective.
Speaker 4: To show the memories being formed in his head to the first drap, but then they.
Speaker 8: Kept going back to it.
Speaker 4: Anytime someone dropped something, even if no new memories. It was just like, let's do that.
Speaker 2: And so like I dropped my shirt and later we were look cool, You're like, we paid for this low motion camera.
Speaker 3: We're using it, damn it.
Speaker 4: Besides that love movie, super fun.
Speaker 2: Those are fun hot takes. I like those hot takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. That's great. Should we go forward and talk about our favorite acting performance.
Speaker 2: Show we name the dude the dude.
Speaker 3: I'm the dude.
Speaker 9: So that's what you call me, you know that, or his dude or duder or you know el dude, a reno if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Speaker 3: I can't say performance apparently, I think that's a performance.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'll just it. I saw you and it was definitely performance performance.
Speaker 3: That's talking about our favorite acting performance.
Speaker 2: Let's name the dude the dude.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I did that. I'm not I'm just gonna keep it in.
Speaker 2: You're going to keep it, Yeah, Timmy, what is who is your favorite actor in this?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: So, this one's interesting because when the movie started, which I watched this when I was younger and loved the movie, and I remember he loved in the movie. And when I rewatched it, the first ten minutes, I'm like, holy God, this is awful. He's terrible. But then you realize he's just really acting as a stale wooden character in the beginning because he's heartless and soul. It's Jim Cavizel. He's he's so good in this, Caviself. I even asked before Jim cavisl he's so good in this. And he does start out really would in like where he's lifeless, and it's like going through the motions, the whole initial fight scene with his girlfriend's it's awful, Like the acting feels awful, but I think he's just acting completely, you know, devoid of emotion because he has nothing and no one to love. But when it gets to you know, him talking with his dad and like emoting just when you're in a room alone with the radio, and like the way his eyes water up and the way it's shot, it captures him so beautiful. He's awesome in this movie.
Speaker 2: And that was great, dude.
Speaker 8: He's the heart of the movie.
Speaker 2: I liked him a lot, but there's one cringey scene for me, and it's when he is questioning the guy that is not the killer and he's like, you see this woman whatever? He just like, well, she sure makes something to me, and he like screams real weird and then looks out to see Andre Brower like did you see what I did?
Speaker 8: It was sweet.
Speaker 2: I did not like that line at all. It bummed me out, but that was the only time he took me out, and for that reason I picked Dennis Quaid as my dude. I was kind of surprised he was able to pull off a New York accent. I usually picture him as more of a Southern cowboy type, but I thought he was. He was somewhat believable as a New York firefighter, much more than I was expecting. And I was really looking for it on this rewatch, and I was I was. I was surprised and pleased.
Speaker 3: There's definitely some heavy accent work done by a few people in this movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the two leads for sure, I think do really well.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 8: A great at accent critiquing because it's.
Speaker 2: More yeah, like just stick with it, right, like it's fine.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be picture perfect or just.
Speaker 2: Be consistent with it and then it's cool you can't. The worst is like Kevin Costner and Robinhood Prince of Thieves, and he has like one scene where he's like government and he loses it.
Speaker 3: It's just like, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like, I'm not going to do that anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm out on that. Yeah, but anyway, I love it. I think I'm going Jim cavizl on this one. I think he is a pretty great actor all around. I agree to me, Like at first I was like, I don't know, and then yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Really does pull it off for me, I think, and I think it just in general. I like his acting in a number of different films a lot. Did you watch Person of Interest? I was super into that show, now you.
Speaker 3: Know, I watched a few of them, Win Post because Post was super into it.
Speaker 2: He was the one who got me into Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I definitely have seen that and he was really good in it, but I wasn't there for the whole ride or anything. I really loved and do love the Count of Money Cristo, so he was a baby. Oh yeah, He's a big part of that for me, and I just think he's a pretty tremendous actor all around. But yeah, I think he he did a good job being emotionally scarred and then open later and you know that scene where he goes and talks to the girlfriend but she doesn't know who he is is kind of fun. Like he's good in that, right. I think he does a good job. I don't know that he always acts like how I would act if I was in that situation.
Speaker 4: But oh, you wouldn't know how you would act if you talk to your dad on the CV radio thirty Years in the future, which, yeah, I was gonna do a whole thirty year in the Future podcast fit. I completely forgot until just now it was gonna look like, let's like I was gonna give you guys advice about like, oh, you guys should switch off movies get into politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, because Donald Trump Junior's fifth term as president right now, we're going hard right in twenty fifty five, and and people talk about him on the radio.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, you think we're still gonna be doing this in thirty years? Prob what you're seeing today?
Speaker 8: I couldn't go I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't find my teeth if I can't have my teeth, I don't want to go to the movies.
Speaker 2: No, no popcorn.
Speaker 4: Then I haven't seen that movie because we just watched it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's right, boy, that could be today.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it, and I don't know what primal is. I never saw it. I have a recording of you saying you saw it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see. Also, I'm a Jewish man.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing some things? Eddie Murphy, old Jewish man.
Speaker 3: I have a special kind of dementia and it's coming to America. Dementia.
Speaker 4: A person of interest is another fun lost connection from the movie.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yeah, what is that actor's name, dude, but I don't know's Yeah, I don't know his name. Yeah, but he was great in that show.
Speaker 3: He's creepy as hell.
Speaker 2: That was a cool show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that was a neat show. I don't remember what the like, what was the shtick? It was like a computer telling them or something.
Speaker 4: Lionis was like a computer guy who could like see the future and kind of like this movie actually where like Lionis could see the future and he needed a detective on the ground that could Actually it's done.
Speaker 3: Was it like an algorithm thing though, what was happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what it was. Like it pumped out a number every.
Speaker 3: Day, that's right. Yeah, Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 2: And then they had this overall big, crazy like conspiracy fun thing that ended up being like the last two seasons, it was like all just dealing.
Speaker 3: With that nice.
Speaker 2: It was nuts, dude. That was Benny Ellenge and Taylor A's have been on that shown, right, cap driver No, I think he was a cop. He was a cab driver and something else. But anyway, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of two thousands dramas did that like procedurals on the surface, and then they devolved into like these mass conspiracy things like that was kind of the time. I feel like the Jennifer Garner one alias loved that show and it would have worked just as a procedural with like the double agent thing, and then it became way more than that.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I like Chuck kind of did that too, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you guys are both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 4: Zachary Leviy doing great things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another let's let's go to talk about some of these uh supporting roles, and let's choose the Tocci Tochi.
Speaker 3: Got for this one.
Speaker 4: So I initially wrote Dennis Quaid and I will say believable is one of the things I wrote, like from you know, singing Elvis in the kitchen, just being like that kind of very charismatic hero, but then also believable that he'd like by like, Okay, I have to go stop a see serial killer. Like that's a leap of faith for your son from the future to be on the radio and say like, hey, Dad, go to this place because there's a killer there and I want you to stop him. And you know, he kind of showed even in the opening scene of the movie showed that he's that kind of guy that like, even if it's a no some no win situation that you can I'm going to jump into it. But on my second watch all that said, I change it to Andre.
Speaker 2: Bar Yeah, yeah, I can't so much.
Speaker 3: So much too, You're safe.
Speaker 4: He carried you know, he's in both timelines, which is important to this movie, and a true supporting actor in both timelines, so I wanted to give some points to that. And he's just so good. Some of the most enjoyable parts of this movie or sceince he's in he has a couple of really well delivered lines and then just being someone who you know consumed his work prior to Brooklyn nine nine and then during Brooklyn nine nine, revisiting after and like, oh my god, Captain Holt is he has a personality. It's pretty fun to revisit him because he's so iconic as Holt and so dry.
Speaker 8: So he's my guy.
Speaker 2: I loved same. He was also my guy. I also enjoyed seeing him and how when the past would like change, uh, his demeanor with John would change, and you could tell like he was probably like way more of a drunk or just like not reliable, kind of you know, really down dude. So he was like, hey, you can you know, respect the job pretty.
Speaker 3: Much, and he was like kind of him in that one time, which.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh this is cool. But then yeah, that scene where they are specifically he's with the wife or mom Julius, yes, when they were watching the game and just seeing him react to the game like this is really happening. He was, He's so good. He just loved it.
Speaker 4: That seems so funny, Like I don't know if we can save it for seeing that scene kills me because he I'll just do it now. He tells us what he tells the wife, like your husband is involved in this murder, and she's like absorbing that, and then she's like, this can't be real. But you see his eyes on the TV like a plastic husband like, and he's watching the ball game. And then when the guy hits the home Runny turns around and is that just big goofy green on his face?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 2: She's like, I mean, it's like he's a random game on previously. Yeah, this person just told him all of what was going.
Speaker 4: To happen, but she doesn't know that. All she knows is that her cop best friend just told her that her husband's accessory to murder, essentially, and when she's reacting to it, he's distracted by the ballgame. It's so funny. It's so good, and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, Rob Kelsey killed the number of people. Hold on, we're going to watch this fifth Wait his shoe? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That is great. I love that.
Speaker 2: That is pretty great.
Speaker 3: Nice. Uh noah, Amrik is great. Love him.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: That guy's a ton, but it's always really good. I do like him a lot.
Speaker 2: I really loved that His first line in the movie is asking him if he wants a beer, which immediately made me think of his character in The Truman Show, when he just always is to ask, Hey, yeah, I got a six pack of beers here, you want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: It's like this whole thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's great Truman Show.
Speaker 4: I thought he was not good in this honestly, Like he was almost two in that range of just completely devoid of any depth best friend like like in the Truman Show. That was the character, like he was supposed to be like a very He's an ax story type best friend, and it just felt like and maybe just because I relate him to that role so much, but I was a little bit. You know, in the last scene he says, hey, better batter too many times. It's like, dude, quit saying hey.
Speaker 8: Better better a different baseball term.
Speaker 3: He's rich at that point.
Speaker 2: Yahoo money, That's that's so funny.
Speaker 4: That is a funny like the hot tech stuck that we all missed. Yeah, yeah, we all we all dropped the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah we missed it, damn it.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he said good money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I hope he sold right. I love that, so love him and then Melissa Fitzgerald is Gordo's wife, but she is CJ's assistant in West Way. She's only in it, like one scene.
Speaker 2: In this I was gonna say, I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a brunette in this and she's no Emrick's wife when she comes in and says, I don't remember what she says, just like.
Speaker 4: She comes in make Siriaira for yeah, that's right, Sirah for.
Speaker 2: You're having a hard time with it's it's Sarah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just like her. I think she's fun. I can't remember Carol I think is her name in west.
Speaker 2: Wing, but Carol, Carol, you look.
Speaker 8: Like a Carol Harry west Wing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a big part, but she is in a lot of it, you know. She's just one of those like I'm in a hundred episodes, but I don't really ever do anything.
Speaker 2: Another one of those actors from this is Maren Hinkle as Sissy Clark, the woman who died. She's definitely rose from the marveless miss I had. Yeah, Yeah, for sure, that was fun too.
Speaker 3: I loved that.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: She was so young, she was it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you say her favorite bukes do we have the the Bukes Tucci.
Speaker 3: I would have been Andrea Barauer for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but I went with no Emrick.
Speaker 3: You have to say someone miss which you hated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Mitchell is Julius Sullivan.
Speaker 4: She was fine under accent, was a little heavier than the other two and maybe.
Speaker 8: Not as consistent, but good enough. It was brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the worst.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the one that wasn't bad and the one we haven't. The actor we haven't mentioned in this space yet that I considered strongly as Sean Doyle, who played Jack Killer.
Speaker 8: His age makeup I thought was pretty effective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was good.
Speaker 4: It wasn't noticeably bad. I'll say that, maybe not effective, but it wasn't like, oh my god, that's the worst age makeup.
Speaker 2: But I just didn't just didn't love the look of any of All they did was just put like lots of wrinkles up here and give them a little more on every.
Speaker 8: On everyone flower in the hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Sean Doyle was good, especially the young character of him, Like he played that kind of smooth cop that you totally buy as a killer but isn't obviously a killer. Really well, and then his dad's character or his character's dad, his dad's character. His character's dad is Fred Shepherd played by Nesbit Blaisdell, which is just a name to say.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: It has a great line. You want coffee, cream, sugar, whatever is good. You'll get black.
Speaker 2: You'll get black and you'll like it.
Speaker 4: You lot delivered as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice that all the people, everybody nice. Well then let's let's pick our favorite scene, and let's choose the dingus.
Speaker 4: The sod is quite simple, really, dingus, Ingus. I can talk about my dingas all night long.
Speaker 3: We got for.
Speaker 4: You know, on first watch, I came away like there was not a lot of scenes that really stand out, But second watch, I got a laundry list.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The best, though, by a country mile, is the scene right after the Bruxton fire when he It starts with him etching in the desk. I'm still here, yeah yeah, and then it turns into like you know, them talking. You get that really first scene that I was talking about with Cavan Caveso Covisel crazy with Cavisel like his eyes watering up. It's shot really well and they kind of do his montage of just a father and son catching up like what would you talk about with your dad after thirty years?
Speaker 8: And it hits.
Speaker 4: Baseball and love and you know, all these little things. That just a really sweet scene. And then it just ends with I almost don't want to click off here. Maybe won't get this back. We will, okay, I'll be here tomorrow. I know. I love you, son, I love you to that I missed you so much. And it's just like, oh my god, wonderful. It's almost a perfect scene. It's it's that like, great, great pick.
Speaker 2: It's a great pick. Uh, And that is the one I would have also picked. It's very wonderful. But another one that I thought was great. I have three really like they're really neck and neck. I love when he confronts Jack Shepherd at the bar. Well, yeah, he tells him he knows what he's done, and he doesn't like he's not vague about it at all. He's like, I got pictures, I know exactly what you've done. You know, like.
Speaker 4: That is it starts a little vague and then he kind of escalates to the point where it's like no, he's laying it all out there.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the acting from both of them were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that that scene is really high up, and I have another runner up, but I'll let Buke say what his favorite scene is.
Speaker 3: Sure, Uh, it's actually a clean sweep. I think for the dingis because I wrote the I'm still here chief scene too. I just love that and the montage and all those things for all the reasons you said to me, we're just really great. I felt like it was the emotional core of this movie almost yeah, and sort of the like kicked us into that second plot point that we talked about, you know, like, oh, now there's something else happening.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Liked that. I thought it was cool. But I really liked the the fingerprints on the billfold scene where they're like in real time we're talking about where to hide it, you know, those things like that. I thought that was really effective, and I like stuff like that a lot. I just thought that was really neat and to help them sort of talking in real time but also not obviously, you know, was really cool. I just really liked that. Licked the setup of that scene, I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Neat well, And with that I love then the climax of the movie where you have the radio is picking up what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is cool.
Speaker 2: And the fight they're both fighting the same guy at the exact same time. You see you know, the shotgun blow his hand off, and then present day guy like sees it like wither away, He's like what was happening?
Speaker 4: Which wasn't super effective, but it was cool. And that scene how they were reacting to each other, like, yeah, the killer in the I heard the Killer in the future confronting Jim Cavezel and uh like hearing his own voice that caused him to like look over for a second.
Speaker 8: Gave the window to the wife to hit him on the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing did not work for me at all, but that scene was entertaining from just a pay after the movie perspective and then having the end with with the dad there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that loved that. That was definitely the best part for sure. I did like that. That's a super good go.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I agree with Rob like that. The bar scene was a close second for me. Like it you see where you have the good guy and the bad guy and they both know the other one knows. It's always gonna reminds me of heat, like you know, theo sitting across for each other and they're just laying it out there. I mean, it makes me think this movie could have worked without if it was just that kind of stuff, Like this movie works with ut but you don't need the time travel device necessarily.
Speaker 8: Sure, if you would have had more of that, Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: It could have almost worked if it was like a diary or something. I mean, it would have to be different, but the solving the crime part could have almost worked, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean that's a going back to a hot take and kind of something, like he would have gotten there. The first place he went when they found the body was the killer's house. Like, It's not like it was this giant leap of faith, Like we would have never found him without the fingerprint from the past, right, because the first place you looked was the killers, Like, I feel like they would have gotten there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also, he couldn't till ten minutes earlier to his kid's house to like, so he didn't have to get his ass kicked before you know, he finally killed him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I read that as he wasn't alive in that timeline until the sun his son would have died if he went to blow in the handoff in the past, so he didn't exist in the future until he blew the handoff and the ass which allowed his future son to gain the upper hand again momentarily, which allowed him to not die you and be alive. It's confusing, doesn't.
Speaker 3: Feel like I don't think about it too hard situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't think he was sitting down the park bench like you know Captain America was. And I think I think he just reappeared in the past and went and got Chekhov's gun as quickly as possible and then shot up.
Speaker 3: I hope he was like, today's the day I gotta go save my son. I hope that's what time is it?
Speaker 4: Oh no, March eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a dumb version of this movie.
Speaker 3: I kind of like it, kind of.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh no, he's in a movie theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Those were all the scenes that I had though.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Well, I think we all agree talking over the radio, Yeah, I love that, you know, and not the initial time. It's when they like are really vibing and yeah.
Speaker 3: They're both on board. They know what's up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, specifically after he save them, and you know, it's that's not the whole thing of the movie. So it's a it's works that that's the scene that works the best because that's kind of the back film.
Speaker 2: And all caused by those northern lights, silly northern lights that lets no one seemed to care about quite enough, I didn't think, because they were very I don't know where well.
Speaker 4: In the bronx in you're gonna step outside with all the light pollution and see the northern lights that vividly you get out here out here. I do have a dishouner roll mention that I need to bring up. Yes, it brought me out of the movie aggressively, but the final scene of this movie is atrocious. The the family baseball, Yeah, and it's very much a family soft and Graham was on third, for godsake, what's putting a woman of that age in the infield is reckless.
Speaker 3: I think she was just a coach because they were hitting.
Speaker 4: No she was on the field. I think I thought she was their nobody outside of the family, and Gordo was playing, and yet the entire community is showing up and cheering like it's this big event, like, oh, let's go watch Frank's family play softball.
Speaker 3: Also, I there I thought.
Speaker 4: Okay, is he there so bad?
Speaker 3: It was versus firefighters situation.
Speaker 4: But because there was kids and women, Yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Have arrives and children.
Speaker 8: Okay, it was It was a terrible scene.
Speaker 3: I thought what was happening was Dennis Quaid was going to drop out of a heart attack. It's running around the bases. I was like, we're.
Speaker 2: Doing here, Like what we're gonna do?
Speaker 3: What's a life well spent or something?
Speaker 4: He was struggling, gotta get that CB, working aga into save.
Speaker 3: Dand mixing a salad.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 3: There was definitely a moment drop dead. Is that this weird?
Speaker 2: It's weird? No, he has a kid in this timeline.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's fun. They break his his buddy's beamer.
Speaker 2: Yea, the bends, it's the bend.
Speaker 3: The bend.
Speaker 4: Also a terrible camera shot which on that ball was coming in at It comes from the tired.
Speaker 8: Like a child to throw the ball up at the light.
Speaker 4: Come on, whatever. That whole scene, the whole scene pissed me out. I think Garth Brooks is saying that it does it. It's not the right song for that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what is the song? I can't even remember.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the name of the songs, definitely nominated for a Golden Golden didn't win. Trivia grew in the movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, my dishonorable mention is just that that line reading.
Speaker 3: Well, she sure med something. He's a good actor. Why did he suck on that line so much?
Speaker 4: Yes, he was really emotional.
Speaker 3: I really like that anyway, And I'm so sad it was that line of this.
Speaker 2: It was timmy do you know? And castaway and castaway when he's on the airplane and he's just like, I'm so sad that I forget her name. Helen Hunt's character, isn't there, Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: No, it's when there, it's when there. It doesn't matter what it is. But yeah, he's talking to his buddies. He's like, yeah, and I know that happened. And I was so sad, and Rob was sad. Damn it. I think.
Speaker 2: It takes me out of the whole movie.
Speaker 3: I hate and that was like, it really didn't buck me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're cool with the whole all the dialogue with the volleyball, but.
Speaker 3: You love notice sobbing at that point.
Speaker 4: You know, it's another It's another criminal accent movie, right, Helen hunt was awful.
Speaker 8: Like it was.
Speaker 3: She can't do any wrong to me, so I don't. I don't care what she sounds like.
Speaker 2: Well making fun, speaking of fun lines and stuff, and keep moving. Let's let's go to show me the show me.
Speaker 3: She mean something to me.
Speaker 4: I love what he's he's interrogating the young guy. He just deliveries.
Speaker 3: It's one of my few quotes I wrote down on this. It was cracking me up.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: I have almost no quote that makes me feel good because I was like, at all, yeah, well go first to him.
Speaker 3: Maybe just say one each time, just.
Speaker 2: Say one, because I literally have three.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have I have a favorite delivery. But I have the best line. The best line is from the bar scene that you mentioned, and it just that you went down thirty years ago. Pal, you just don't know it yet.
Speaker 2: The movie.
Speaker 8: That's a mic draft line.
Speaker 3: I feel like the entire script was written around that line. You know, they were like, yeah, okay, let's write a movie where someone can say that now, because that's a cool line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fly in his logic is the guy broke into his host like two days later and almost killed him. If you're gonna drop that line, you got to make sure you don't let the guy come kill you.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, don't do that. And then I'm still here. Chief, Yeah, Love, I'm still here, Chief, That's what I'm still here, Chief Eve.
Speaker 4: What about this after the brex and fire, after he after he gets out little chief, little chief, little chief, Yeah, excuse yelling, little cheep.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, did he get too much smoke? What's happenings wrong.
Speaker 4: With frank someone?
Speaker 8: We should probably take him?
Speaker 3: Trying to say something else? Is this a stroke situation? What we're working with her? Well, we've said most of mine because I had that you want black sugar, It's all good, you'll black.
Speaker 2: It is funny that that one sticks out.
Speaker 8: I don't know why he delivered it so well. It's it's a really.
Speaker 2: Delivery classics, a bit Blae.
Speaker 3: Killing it. I love when they're riding the bicycle and he's like, why don't we tame this brownco you and me spearited, guts you and spirit and guts a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said that.
Speaker 4: It comes back later to call back line talking about our our best supporting and brower God. He has a lion. When the timeline changes and it goes from three to ten victims and Jim Jim I was like, I was like, uh no, no, I know this case there was only three and Andre Brower looks at me, was like are you talking? And the way he like, you know, than anybody, the affectation of it, it's so good.
Speaker 3: We should have talked about that. I actually liked that scene a lot. I thought that was really cool when it was, you know, because he realizes it's his mom and there's.
Speaker 2: More when he sees it.
Speaker 3: It's really great. That's a good scene.
Speaker 4: That's a good Every scene in that whole sequence is really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're right, that line is so fun. Brower is just like what what are you talking about? You know, just like he kind of loses it a little bit. I love that. It's a good one.
Speaker 2: How does that all? Either line written down?
Speaker 4: The only other one I have is when he's explaining what the new memories are the first time to his dad over the radio, and it's like he's like, it's like waking up for a dream and you're not sure what's real and what's not. And I thought that was a really effective way to and the dad sell does no clue what's going on because he doesn't he's not getting it yet. It was a good way to like kind of explain the new memories, is the way they explain it in that scene.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did like that. That was all I had right now. I don't have anything else. I'm glad to hear you guys didn't either, because I was like, was not No, it's just not just like normal talking more. I feel nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to bugs. Boohoo moments. Wait, I picked four?
Speaker 3: What intriguing?
Speaker 2: I picked four?
Speaker 3: Do you think that's too many or not enough?
Speaker 4: It's higher than I had too, okayy probably long cries.
Speaker 3: Sure, I love the long cry, love a medium cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all cries. You don't discriminate. So, Timmy, these are the four I picked. You let me know what you picked. I'm going to be right here with you always. As he's teaching him how to ride the bike.
Speaker 3: I expected that to get me, and it didn't.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was surprised by that.
Speaker 2: I don't know you anymore, but I don't. That's the second one. Maybe you're still my little Chief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that definitely did get me.
Speaker 4: Still my little Chief is the first little Chief, which was great after he survived the fire.
Speaker 8: Like yeah, that's part of that scene.
Speaker 2: Right, And then I guess it's just later on in that same scene, so it might have just been.
Speaker 8: One long cry on long cry.
Speaker 2: I love you Dad, I've missed you so much.
Speaker 3: I write, little Chief, I love you son, I love you Dad, or whatever. So I brote them so but okay, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, got you, And then at the very end that I'm still here, Chief, And then the baseball game where John has a family now that Timmy loved so much.
Speaker 4: I'm still here, Chief is the correct second moment. And then you immediately stop crying and get angry once they started playing baseball. The community of people who have should have zero interest in watching them, but are there anyway and invested in the game.
Speaker 3: I both did not cry at that point and also was not as angry as you seem to be about it. So I was just much more even keel, but not at that I'm still your Chief. No, that one didn't get me either, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you only got got to hug his dad for the first like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Dude, yeah, that was weird. Maybe I did, and I didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: A man, you don't cry to you did you cry?
Speaker 3: You cry?
Speaker 2: Right, you cry.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I didn't write it down, so I feel like I did well.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's like I know, I was probably overdoing it, but I don't think there's any other spots where you where you did.
Speaker 3: There's one more.
Speaker 2: You just got the one.
Speaker 3: No, there's one more. So it was too it was too total. But like we said, you had this sort of like.
Speaker 2: Something with the mom.
Speaker 3: Uh no, it was when after we think he succeeds and his dad survives, but then he's still dead and he's like it was lung cancer ten years ago, and that that really got me. That sort of going to get you oh no, yeah, like and just him talking about because he thinks he won, right, and then he's like, right, no, your dad didn't die. You know. It's one of those again, like he's sort of figuring it out at the same time. That got me for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Oh see it. I didn't even take that scene as like a gut punch for his character, like I thought it was a win, like I because he's.
Speaker 3: Still in twenty years, still lost his dad. He thought his dad would be there and be safe, and then it was like, oh, it's a.
Speaker 4: He gained twenty years and memories like I thought that was The wind was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need way more time with this.
Speaker 4: But he also still that day I got to remember like playing ball with him, and like him being there and like him being in my family. Pictures are getting there.
Speaker 2: He taught me how to ride the bike. We tamed that bronc.
Speaker 3: It something and gut spirit and gut spirit.
Speaker 2: Spirit was one of your favorite quotes.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: A lot of just too too boo.
Speaker 3: Though not very many. A heartless man, I guess, so heartless. I cried when that poor man lost his hand. That seems sad. No, I'm just kidding. Where'd your ankle?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure, I just love Tam Dally. Get a bit my hand off. Let's go ahead and talk about.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: I didn't have too many for this. There wasn't a lot out there, but the Warehouse fire seat. All the firefighters except Dennis Quaid, Peter McNeil, and Jordan Bridges are real, so I thought that was kind of cool. They were all just actual firefighters, which is five. Also in that scene, Dennis Quaid received sixteen stitches just above his hairline after being injured in a stunt when he was sliding down the construction funnels during the warehouse fire.
Speaker 4: It's said in that scene, had he not had to toss his head went slowly.
Speaker 3: The forty five minute helmet drop because he had to do that as a plot device. He got injured, but he wouldn't have bet otherwise apparently, so I don't know what. He must have just hit his head on something.
Speaker 2: I guess the side.
Speaker 3: How did the other.
Speaker 2: Lady not hit her head?
Speaker 4: He's holding her like, Yeah, he's a fireman. A fireman, you told you how to go downside with people so they don't get hurt.
Speaker 3: Is that right? All right?
Speaker 8: You've never gotten to fireman's school.
Speaker 3: I have not. I went to one. I thought it was fireman school, but it ended up being a strip strip tease poll dancing class. I thought it had the poll.
Speaker 2: I thought that's where I was going with that. I was going to say, where is this going?
Speaker 3: The second?
Speaker 4: Sorry, you just reminded me of a quote that I missed. I have to I have to go back to a quote because it's like a funny quote you'd say to your wife, Like I thought I was going to school honey, but it ended up being a strip club.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 4: One of his first one of one of the first.
Speaker 8: Lines that Jim.
Speaker 4: Cavizo is, I can't change Sam. I wish I could, but I can't. And I was just thinking when I saw that when I first watched, like, could you imagine saying that to your significant other inargument?
Speaker 3: I mean, you're basically just saying like, I'm not interested in doing that, so I am, I'm sorry, you.
Speaker 2: Know who you're married here.
Speaker 4: I wish I could come.
Speaker 3: I wish I wanted to do that, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I wish, but I clearly don't want to.
Speaker 3: So I also love it. I had, Actually I did have one other quote, and it's a quaid at the beginning, when he's like, what's the matter, doll, You're having trouble working eight hours at the hospital, then coming home to take care of the kids, and now we can't even make a ball and a's or whatever.
Speaker 4: There is a good line. Oh yeah, it's right when he puts elvis on. It's a very forward line in sixty nine thinking of his wife as a working woman.
Speaker 2: I think he called her bud and then I couldn't hear anything else.
Speaker 3: Oh, he probably did say, but not doll.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're what are you saying, bro?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: M The Ballina's delivery is fun though, like it added a fun yeh because she didn't say bollin as he added it.
Speaker 8: I thought that was ever.
Speaker 3: He's a man of the world.
Speaker 2: On April twenty fifth, and the year two thousand, the New Northern Mets and Cincinnati Reds played a game wearing their sixty nine uniforms to promote this film, which I thought was kind of fun.
Speaker 4: That I sat down too. It's kind of fun that and the next one that I wrote down, Yeah, I was just gonna say that, like hearkens to a time in movies which you know, twenty five years ago, but like a movie this wasn't a tent pole movie. Yeah, this flew under the radar, but that it still had major League Baseball tie ins, Like you don't get that today. If you're not Marvel, you're not getting any sort of ballpark promotion going on. And then the same with like the list of other actors who were attached to this movie, Like I feel like you never get a list of twenty A listers attached to any film anymore. It's so much more niche and targeted. Right, that's interesting, But I will I'll read so along with Sylvester Stallone, who was very far along in this. It sounds like until there was a pay dispute, which I don't see this movie working with Sylvester Stallone, but other actors no, well maybe maybe different movie.
Speaker 3: Maybe not in two thousand though he was kind of already passed his like real acting at that point.
Speaker 4: And before his revival where he's like interesting again anyway, Sylvester Stolen, Mel Gibson, Harrison Forward, Michael Keaton, Bruce Willis, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Patrick Swayzee, Ed Harris, Bill Paxton, Tom Hanks, Michael Bean doesn't belong on this list.
Speaker 2: No, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Alec Baldwin, Kevin Bacon, John travolt The Gary Sinise, Timily Jones, and Jeff Bridges were considered to play Frank Silvan, so they weren't all attached.
Speaker 3: But I mean, that's it's just everybody just right. I feel like that we never know what considered even means we talked about all the times, like did someone say like, hey, we should ask him if they're interested, And that's all you know, but yeah, that's a ton of people. It's interesting. Yeah, I thought it was fun that all the World series facts were true in this film that they stated. And I didn't know the met story about Kleon Jones, but he really did get hit on the shoe with the with the ball and at first the umpire didn't award him the bass, but the manager, Gil Hodges came out and showed him the shoe polish on the ball and then it was from then referenced as the shoe polish incident because he changed his changed his call because of that went for him. I thought that was kind of neat.
Speaker 4: Didn't makes sense why he would remember it then, right, and memorable. Yeah, a part in the film I get. Yeah, super super appropriate and fun that it was real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked that a lot. Elizabeth Mitchell broke her nose during the production, apparently presumably in that fight scene. I don't know when else she would have done it.
Speaker 2: I think she also went on the slide, but it was just for fun.
Speaker 4: Oh this slide is dangerous, super dangerous slide.
Speaker 3: And stop doing this. She also plays Jim Cavizil's mother, but in reality she is younger than cavizl and similarly through the story, and they suggest that the characters about the same age as Dennis Quaid, but she's sixteen years younger than Quaid and a year younger than Capizol. So Quaid was forty six, Coviza was thirty one, and Mitchell was thirty, which I get at their different parts of timelines. So you know whatever, Let's see what does that mean.
Speaker 2: Dennis Quaid is seventy one.
Speaker 3: Must be right. If it's two thousand, he was.
Speaker 4: Forty six, Absolutely right. He's dating like a twenty three year old?
Speaker 3: Is he really?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 8: Dude, he married.
Speaker 4: He does not look very he looks he does he does know recently I've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, you're just in the substance.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Dude does not look anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was probably taking in the substance.
Speaker 3: Probably his son is the process right now too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty Quid it's great, Yeah, Quit it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty fun. The last one that I had here was Elizabeth Mitchell later starred and lost as we talked about as Juliet, which is one of the main characters. Another main character was Jack Shepherd. In Frequency, Sean Doyle plays a character named Jack Shepard, and he has since had a guest role on egg Town whatever that is. And all of these shows have recurring themes about time travel and alternate realities and things like that. So it's kind of fun very.
Speaker 4: That I have an exclusive trivia on my birthday. In twenty sixteen. Okay, Rob, the host of this podcast, texted me happy birthday because he's a sweet man. I do that, love it, And I responded to him saying, I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I keep seeing the ad for the TV show Frequency.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, Oh yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 4: Which came out in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: It is, dude, that did not do anything I did.
Speaker 8: You were excited when I.
Speaker 2: Told him was I was, and then you love this movie.
Speaker 3: It's kind of surprising because that feels like it should work as a TV show.
Speaker 2: Should Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like eighty TV shows just great great actors, right and yeah, the characters right, and the right actor in it and show people at the right time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hook them.
Speaker 4: Shows that shouldn't work can still work if you have the right actors.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah, But I looked at the cast list and I don't know any of those folks.
Speaker 3: That doesn't help. That doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mackay Pfeiffer was in it. Oh that's about it. Nice anyway, that was all.
Speaker 3: The tribute I had, Bud, Did you have any There wasn't a lot, so I get it.
Speaker 2: There wasn't. It was funny that he was telling him about the McGuire's seventy home runs and it's like, oh, that's a record that won't ever get broken. Literally, I think it was at the next year Bonds hit seventy three. So he wasn't right with that. That's literally everything I'll say. So, yeah, that was whator're talking about. Let's uh, let's go then, will be a sequel Judgment Day?
Speaker 3: There was the TV show, I guess kind of the.
Speaker 2: TV show and Do Well just one season. I can't imagine they would do another sequel at this point.
Speaker 4: Probably not, Probably could have. You probably could have gotten away with it if you would have struck quick. If this movie got made to day and if it was successful, there'd absolutely be a sequel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do it a few years.
Speaker 4: Probably you can go forever because you're just messing with time, right, you could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who knows. Those two main actors they seem to kind of be in the same kind of scene. Maybe maybe they'll get to true who knows? Who knows? Do you guys want to play a game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, I made a starting five. I know Timmy loves the starting five. That's where I'm gonna name my five favorite actors from a film. When you know the film, you're going to ring in with your name. If you get it wrong, no negative points, but you won't be able to guess again for that movie. So make sure it's right. If their actors' names remaining, you can guess those for a point each. The other person can steal if you get any of those names wrong. And all of these films have something in common. When you know the theme, you can ring in at any time for a point. It might have something to do with the movie that we just talked about.
Speaker 4: Important question. Yes, does it matter if I butcher the last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of assumed at this point, and we get it. We'll be okay. If you're close.
Speaker 3: Tom, are you guys Tom Hanks hawks.
Speaker 8: Him in the plane in Castaway?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I was, I was so.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Let's do number one. The first name is Amy Brenneman. The second name is William Peterson. You might not know who he is from his name, but you know his face.
Speaker 8: Oh I know who he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I do not.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The third name Tim is this heat. It's not heat.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I should have waited.
Speaker 2: It's not heat. And speaking of heat, so don't keep because he can still go. Speaking of heat, Val Kilmer passed away to that. Oh yeah, he is sad to bring it down, but many in heat as well.
Speaker 3: We just talked about all those Valcimera movies that I didn't know any of, so I got to watch them all. Now. Yeah, yeah, that's a bummer. But he was he was sick or something, right, isn't there?
Speaker 2: Well he had had like throat cancer. You do you watch the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I knew there was some reason that he had lost his voice, but I didn't remember what it was. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a bummer because he wasn't very old. He was sixty five.
Speaker 2: Or some sixty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was younger every day, I tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, so we said Amy Brennanman William Peterson. The third name is Alyssa Milano.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The fourth name is Reese Witherspoon. Timmy would have had this by now.
Speaker 4: I would have had it.
Speaker 2: And the fifth and final name is Macky mac Wahlberg five four three two.
Speaker 3: I don't know one peep, Timmy.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the movie.
Speaker 8: Is it called Fear?
Speaker 2: Is called Fear?
Speaker 8: In heat? Why am I picturing him in heat?
Speaker 2: I don't know if he he might be.
Speaker 4: I think he maybe al Pacino's wife's new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think you're right. I think you're right. So, yeah, nobody got that one.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Fear. I haven't seen Fear since I was a teenager.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: It was one of Mark Wahlberg's very first movies.
Speaker 4: That movie was intense, and everybody watched that movie a thousand times. I don't know if it's good or not. I have watched it. Of course you didn't it.
Speaker 3: I missed, though. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's it's an old one, and you're pretty you would have been pretty young. It's goen number two. The first name is Anthony Michael Hall, who you can see in season three of Reacher if you're into such things. The second name is Sienna Miller. The third name is Mark Ruffalo.
Speaker 3: Great White Ruffalo.
Speaker 2: Nice, excellent work, excellent, thank you, thank you. The fourth name is Steve Carell, and the fifth and final name is chan name Tatum five four wow, three two one pep starting off hard. This was a true story called fox Catcher. I did in that movie pressing.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have bukes is in movies that are one word starting.
Speaker 2: With f it is I got in. Some of these are easier than other ones.
Speaker 3: Fox Catcher, Yeah, I only saw that the one time, and man it was depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll never see it again.
Speaker 3: Correl was good, though. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The nose threw me f yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird and the voice and it was a weird, good car that was going number three. The first name is Peter Storm Mayor made up the second No, you know him as well. The second name is John Carroll Lynch.
Speaker 3: We like him, he's good, we do.
Speaker 2: The third name is Steve Speaks. You got Fargo.
Speaker 3: I got to say to other people, who did you say.
Speaker 2: We got to interview John Carrolyn Fargo, So I said, Peter Strow Mayor, John Carrolynch and Steve Buscemi, uh two names remaining.
Speaker 3: God, this sucks because I'm not remember four. I can't even think of her name right now.
Speaker 2: One pet, one more name? Five? Four? It's the the two German dude and her. All right, Timmy, you got two names remaining.
Speaker 4: I can't think which is frustrating. But I would.
Speaker 2: Multiple Academy awards.
Speaker 4: I would not say multiple, I wouldn't say German dude. I'd say William H. Macy is one of the two.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, of course I was thinking of that. Oh is that storm Air? That's that what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry.
Speaker 4: And then her name is Francis McDermott.
Speaker 2: Good lord, Timmy, with two points? With one? All right, let's go to number four. The first name is Nadine Velaska. The second name is Kelly Riley.
Speaker 8: It doesn't ring a bell, Riley.
Speaker 2: She's on Yellowstone. She's kind of the main woman. Yeah, if you watch that. The third name is Don Sheetle, the fourth name is John Goodman, and the fifth and final name is Denzel Washington.
Speaker 4: Where to go? I saw this, Tim Fences, It's not.
Speaker 2: That's a good guest, a very good game.
Speaker 3: I've been in there, right, I know would have.
Speaker 2: Definitely, Yeah, it's the.
Speaker 3: Is it like gangster? You want three. What is that told though?
Speaker 2: That is called American Gangster with Russell Crowe.
Speaker 3: No, but then aren't they in one where they're anyway? What is the name? Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie.
Speaker 2: The name is Flight.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not what I was thinking. Of a different way.
Speaker 4: It's a good movie.
Speaker 2: They've been in other movies together, or in the Blue Dress or something. Maybe that's what that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It doesn't start with that, I think, not one.
Speaker 2: I think he might have been in Malcolm X too, Archie in flight.
Speaker 3: I never saw a flight. That's one.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really a Denzel movie. But yeah, who's the co pilot and flight?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The Geese, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Was that a Geese movie?
Speaker 2: Couldn't tell you.
Speaker 4: I think you're thinking, No, No, the same movie.
Speaker 8: Every plane crashes.
Speaker 3: Every plane cash Geese. Birds aren't real. Check it out, they're not real thing. I guess Rock said that we're going for birds are real?
Speaker 8: Easel take.
Speaker 2: Let's go to number five.
Speaker 3: That's the one time you got his name this whole podcast. It's good.
Speaker 2: Number five. The first name is James Gandel Feenie. Oh yep. The second name is Elias Cotius, who is also could be remembered as Casey Jones in the Teenage mutantin.
Speaker 3: Oh, that helps me a great deal, thank you, so.
Speaker 8: Just the blueprint.
Speaker 2: The third name is Donald Sutherland Keefer's dad. Another r I p.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The fourth name is the aforementioned John Goodman, and the fifth name is the aforementioned Denzel Washington.
Speaker 3: You know she's not mentioned.
Speaker 2: Again in two I think they've been in three movies again, really yeah, but two F word movies.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Fallen.
Speaker 2: Fallen is Fallen, directed by the great Gregory Hoblett.
Speaker 4: I you had not mentioned it ten minutes ago, half an.
Speaker 3: Hour ago, haablet there you go?
Speaker 4: I saw his others was following the one that if you touched him. Yes, Yeah, that movie was intense.
Speaker 2: It was awesome, and.
Speaker 3: You got the like or whatever it was the guy's soul or whatever you've told me about that that.
Speaker 2: Was Eliasts was the the like serial killer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you would touched somebody that else and they'd be really mean.
Speaker 8: It's like, oh you just got Yes.
Speaker 3: I should watch these album movies because they're all kind of interesting that's a cool, cool plot.
Speaker 2: It's cool. Okay, well we're not doing great after five? Where are we? Point point?
Speaker 3: Timmy's got three, I've got to I'm winning.
Speaker 2: You're definitely winning, dude, I'm barely couldn't remember Francisco.
Speaker 3: Doesn't seem like it's going to go great.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Number six. The first name is Alan two Dick Simps, damn.
Speaker 4: Oh, shoot hold on enough, Firefly, oh, Firefly, the TV show.
Speaker 2: The TV show, the movie was surrounded.
Speaker 8: I knew that when I said it. Yeah, man, that would have been good.
Speaker 3: That's funny because I thought earlier it was like, I can't think of a single other F word movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, so Dick first, this is just for Bukes. The second name is Jonathan Groff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know who that is. Yep.
Speaker 2: The third name Josh gad.
Speaker 3: Oh Bukes Frozen.
Speaker 2: It is two names remaining.
Speaker 3: Adele to see Kristen Bell.
Speaker 2: Nicely done.
Speaker 3: I could remember playing, but I can't remember Francis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hilarious. Alan tu Dick was the Weaselton guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good at voices. God, he's really.
Speaker 2: He's so great. Let's go number seven. The first name is Logan Lerman.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that guy.
Speaker 2: He's good, He's really good. The second name is Michael Painia. The third name is John Burnhal. We're going to see in the Accountant too.
Speaker 3: And the other one. There was another movie, he said, I don't remember what it was now, the novel.
Speaker 2: For Amateur, The Amateur, the Amateur there. The fourth name is Shia Labief.
Speaker 3: The hell is this?
Speaker 2: And the fifth and final name is Bradley Pitt. Brad Pitt sorry, five?
Speaker 3: Oh, Bukes got it?
Speaker 2: Bukes Fury is correct.
Speaker 4: I never saw Feary either.
Speaker 3: That's a good movie. Actually, yeah, I forgot Loganrman was in it. But yeah, he's actually he's like second name, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's go to number eight. The first name is Billy Baldwin or William Baldwin. The second name is Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 3: I didn't give myself a point? Did I just get one for the last one? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you barely got one. Sorry, William Baldwin, Kevin Bacon. The third name is Oliver Platt.
Speaker 3: I love all these people so much.
Speaker 2: The fourth name is key for Sutherland donald Son, and the fifth and final name is Julia Roberts. Five four three two one a movie that they've remade with other actors called Flatliners.
Speaker 4: Flatliners, Moe the original Flatliners.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Things when they're close to death or something. Yeah, they like the future something.
Speaker 2: Make themselves die and then they yeah zap them back.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah with Ellen Page.
Speaker 2: And okay, yeah, yeah, because I think Elliott Elliott. Yeah yeah, yeah they remade it. Okay, let's go to number nine. The first name is Sarah Jessica Parker. The second name is Chris Penn, brother of Sean. The third name is Diane West mm hmm. The fourth name is John Lithgow. The fifth final name is Kevin Bacon. Tim Bugs got it footloose? Yeah, you gotta cut loose. I've actually never seen that. Somehow I believe it.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 2: I feel like you keep saying that. It sounds like you don't watch.
Speaker 3: Anyone watch so many mourdies.
Speaker 2: I feel I know what you do, just not any one to watch the art today for God's sake. Okay, well, where are we going into number ten?
Speaker 3: I have seven, Timmy has three. It's gonna have to get it early.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I would be impressed with this one. Cool. Number ten. First name is Clancy Brown. Another person. You don't know their name, but you know them. He was the main guard in Shashank Redemption with a great.
Speaker 8: Voice, phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Trust your wife?
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice, that's from Shoshank. Uh. The second what what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: What's your movie?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 8: What would you say? He was in?
Speaker 2: Said yeah, I just said that was from Shank.
Speaker 3: He was just saying that that quote was also from Shoshank. You weren't asking Rob if he trusted Kelsey or anything.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yes, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course from no, no, no, I was. I was letting the listen.
Speaker 8: I got uh yeah, trust.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this. I'd be as serious. So we have Clancy Brown so far. The second name is Ted Levine, another name you don't know, but he was Buffalo Bill in Theolence of the Lamp.
Speaker 3: So that great.
Speaker 4: Don't you hurt my dog?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: It wasn't great.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Stewart.
Speaker 1: Okay, get married, Mary married?
Speaker 3: Don't you hurt my dog?
Speaker 8: Tim?
Speaker 4: Tim sounds like flash dance.
Speaker 2: No, that's a good guess. This is weirder than that?
Speaker 4: Is that better?
Speaker 2: That better?
Speaker 4: Better?
Speaker 2: The third name is Christopher McDonald. We know is Shooter McGavin. The fourth name is Marcia gay Harden.
Speaker 3: How do we know her?
Speaker 2: We know her from lots of stuff. Sure, yep, I agree. You don't know Marcia get heart.
Speaker 8: Listen you know Marcia.
Speaker 4: Heys Crossing?
Speaker 2: Have you seen Miller's Crossing?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Why do you only movies? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I know it's funny. What do you say about great perfect movies?
Speaker 4: She was on a TV show with Skyler Aston, who's the male lead of Pitch Perfect.
Speaker 3: That doesn't know.
Speaker 4: They were like lawyers, mom and dad or something, or he was a psychic or something. It was.
Speaker 2: Okay. Last name is Robin Williams five four three, two frighteners then one beep. No, this was a movie called Flubber.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, I should have got Flubbers.
Speaker 8: Not a good movie.
Speaker 2: My bonus was Fences, which Tommy guests earlier focus.
Speaker 3: I guess there's only two people probably that are in focus. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Names, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: How many people say. He starts batting with at the stadium.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a fun scene.
Speaker 3: I love that movie. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Frida was another one that I could have done, but I feel like I just did that recent Yeah, I think you did.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know anyone Selma in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I get I guess the vita for that for Freda, and you were like, exactly one way to go, bugs, you're gonna tell us how we do our top five father father son films draft. You really defeated, Timmy. It's the first time it doesn't happen. It doesn't happen very great either.
Speaker 4: Which is the party myself.
Speaker 2: That was one of the worst ones we've done in a while, and I felt like they were gettable movies for the most part. Some of them were tough, though.
Speaker 4: I will say I think knowing it serves of an f is almost like you said, the really narrow scope your thoughts, like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't think of hardly any.
Speaker 8: I couldn't think of it.
Speaker 3: He drops the I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't do any of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, interesting. Well, you know what they call a poorly one victory a victory Timmy. It's so great to have you, buddy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for coming on, happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned. We're going to do our best father son draft here for patrons Patreon dot com, slashly have endorsement. If you want to be a part of.
Speaker 8: That, do it.
Speaker 2: But now we need you desperately. And if you're still listening, I mean, don't you owe us at this point? Honestly, I mean, let's gilly a little bit, a little bit. Come on, I'm over it.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like anything that doesn't though. For frequency, I'm Rob Lundquist, I'm bks.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much for listening. Until we talk to you next time. In Joe waty Nos, the sun.
Speaker 1: Is shining in the sky. We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 2: Some people ski, but we would rather sit on down and talk.
Speaker 1: Some movies were the Evid Indoorsmen, Come listen to our show Where the Evid Indoorsmen at.
Speaker 7: Home bore on the go, Where the Avidendorsmen. We hope you love it sold, so come on in and stay. I will do our best to make u smile.
Speaker 1: Where the ev indoors Mann