Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, and today we are at Lounge by Top Golf out here at PGA Frisco. It's on the same grounds as the Omni Resort in Frisco, Omni Resort and Spa, which is an awesome place to do a staycation. But we love it out here. We've done shows out here before. Rollertown beer Works, which is the brewery that Ben and I are partners in, is a sponsor of the tournament. They're out there right behind a whole number nine if you're coming out this weekend, and so they decided we should be here hanging out with our friends at Lounge by Top Golf. Coming up at the bottom of the hour, a shocking development in Wildlife News about how you might die from a beasteam.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this lown.
Speaker 3: The sports KG tweets as all the sports Yes I do.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say this hot off the press.
Speaker 4: As the Rangers lost again, so mighty after a big sweep, they get swept, they get back to five hundred, and then they lose three in a row? Was it the offense four to one loss? Yeah, no offense.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna bring him back. I'm gonna save the season.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna head out to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning and bring us back.
Speaker 2: Oh my good. You know, Victories.
Speaker 3: You you actually were a notable third basement on that only JV baseball team in the early two thousands.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to think that I could make a little contact, which is better than a lot of guys that's fairs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's that.
Speaker 4: The we learned last night that the Lakers sold for ten billion dollars. Impressive, So good for Jay Moore, the husband of Jeanie Buss, who sold the team to the guy who owns the Dodgers or most of the Dodgers. For ten billion, it could get valued up to twelve billion. Lucas commented with a you know, let's go type of quote, don't really have in front of me, but you know, it goes. It's a great organization, you know that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so twelve billion, what are the Timbo what are the MAVs sell for?
Speaker 1: I think Cuban got three out of that deal, so he sold like seventy two percent of it, Uh yeah, seventy three percent. Yeah, so he sold seventy three percent of it for three something.
Speaker 2: About five billion? Is that what he got out of it? No, they're not gonna be as much as the Lakers. They're not.
Speaker 3: The Lakers are right up there with the Dallas Cowboys, you know, and one of the most in the Yankees.
Speaker 1: And that that brings up the question, Ben if the Laker. Now keep in mind, before the Lakers sold for ten billion, the biggest sale was a couple months ago the Celtics for six point one.
Speaker 2: Billion, right, and that's a huge market.
Speaker 1: So if the Cowboy I'm sorry, if the Lakers are ten billion, I think the Cowboys could easily sell for twenty billion.
Speaker 3: Oh easy, okay, So what is seventy percent of six billion?
Speaker 1: So well, six hundred times seven would be four point two billion, okay, So he may be sold.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to get a fair evaluation for Cuban and that Boston set the you know, the reset the market after that. So he sold seventy percent of the team roughly, and and that's all he got.
Speaker 2: That's saying, that's all he got. Did you see what Forbes said about this?
Speaker 1: What they say because of the way that Cuban did the deal, Now this is going to uh, this is going to make you have a negative flashback because of the way the Mavericks did the deal and not put it out to the open market to the highest bidder.
Speaker 2: Cuban probably cost himself some money. Did they say how much? Uh?
Speaker 3: Million?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: But what does that make you think of in doing a deal that nobody knows about?
Speaker 2: And then came thins me think of some things I don't like thinking about.
Speaker 3: But regardless, I would still if they if the MAVs hadn't gotten the number one pick and Cooper Flag, Yeah, I would still be disgusted every time the MAVs came up. Anytime the topic of the MAVs came up, or ownership or any of that, I.
Speaker 2: Would be livid.
Speaker 3: But I'm not because they got Coop or they're getting Cooper flags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've said this a few times now.
Speaker 1: It's like what's happened has happened, But what the current situation is is what the current situation is.
Speaker 2: And it's not what the deal was.
Speaker 1: But I honestly don't think there's an NBA GM that would not have traded Luka Doncic for Cooper Flag. Anthony Davis, Max Christie in a first round pick. I think twenty nine gms in the NBA would have done that deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so real quick.
Speaker 4: Forbes in twenty twenty four valued the Cowboys at ten and the Lakers at seven.
Speaker 2: That's time in twenty four, So I bet. And here's the other thing too.
Speaker 1: The reason the Lakers sold for ten billion is because the.
Speaker 2: Guy wanted him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when Cuban bought if you go back in time, when Cuban bought the Mavericks for what was it six hundred and seventy million?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was? Well, I don't think it was that much. Was it that much? I thought it was like three hundred million.
Speaker 4: Sound incorrect?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so it's three hundred million.
Speaker 1: But remember when he bought the team, everyone said he paid way too much money for the team.
Speaker 2: No he didn't, No he didn't. He knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, is like, you know, the Bus family does not have a ton of money. They're all of their money is the basketball team, the current NBA owners, They have billion dollar fortunes in other industries. So now Jeanie Buss, who I think was a seventy seven percent owner of the Bus family. Now they're a seven billion dollar family. Yep, pretty amaz crazy man, all right. Submit and Skin Show ninety seven point one The eagle coming up next. In wildlife News, how a bee could kill you.
Speaker 2: Stick around and find out