Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the great American. Scott Powell, one of my frequent guests, makes so much sense. I like to get them all as much as I can. And of course his views are expressed on townhall dot com. Tariffs, tariffs and more tariffs. The headline of his story protesters are wrong and whether it's doge and tariffs and law and orders should be applauded. And Scott Powell, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, you begin your colum by talking about.
Speaker 2: The honeymoon period.
Speaker 1: Every president has one hundred day honeymoon period lasting until around around April fifteenth. Has Donald Trump been given a honeymoon by the mainstream media, by the Democratic Party, by those in control of the major newspapers. What happened to the honeymoon? Hell no, he has no honeymoon. Let's get right to the fight.
Speaker 3: No, there's no honeymoon, honey moon, as they said, you know, going back tough. You know his first election. You know, the knives were already being drawn even before inauguration in twenty seventeen. You know, we had the Russia Russian hoax issue. But this time the guns are drawn. I mean he's had assassination attempts on his life before the election on the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 4: So, honeymoon, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: They want And now this is a really sad moment in American history where one of the major parties, that's the Democrat Party.
Speaker 4: It is still it's not as it's not.
Speaker 3: The party it was, but it's still the second major party in America. Polls show that fifty five percent of Democrats which support the elimination of Donald Trump, the killing, the assassination of Donald Trump. That is a very very sad commentary on the current state of America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty five percent won him killed. And then there's forty eight percent they say they want Elon Musk killed, they want him murdered, they want a bullet in his head. And that's that's not some fringe element. That's not the John Birch Society or the Communist Party. These are These are Democrats, registered Democrats who say it would be justified for someone to kill the president of the United States. And it isn't that like a big if I'm CBS Evening News when they don't cover these, I would say, look at this, that fifty five percent of the of the Democrats.
Speaker 2: When Donald Trump eliminated? What does that mean? Eliminated?
Speaker 1: That means shot. That's the Democratic Party. And I don't know how we how we get over it? And then how do you work with someone that you want to kill? And I watched Chuck Schumer walk around the Senate being asked questions Elon Musk about the violence committed against against Tesla and he he can't answer the question because indirectly he's the one that called for the for the I won't say the killing, but maybe the assassination of two US Supreme Court justices in front of the building. Then a few weeks later, an assassin picked up that idea, traveled to Brett Kavanaugh's home to try to kill him. And it just it just was found guilty the assassin. And I'm living in this world thinking Scotto, this cannot continue like this. Someone's got to reform their behavior before it's too late. In fact, Trump's been shot, but nonetheless Democrats won him eliminated.
Speaker 2: What does eliminated mean?
Speaker 3: What means just as you described it, It means the uh, the killing, the assassinations of a human being.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, you know, we we.
Speaker 3: America was celebrated as as a country that would be different, as a country that would have a system of transition of government that would be done peacefully and respectfully, and that you know that the people would be sovereign. The people would choose their who would govern, and then those who would those who would govern, would be allowed to govern.
Speaker 4: And if they did a good job.
Speaker 3: And life improved in America, chances are they would re elect those people. That's how the system is supposed to work. It's not supposed to work that we have an election and then we sabotage the government, because then we have no mechanism for understanding what works and what doesn't work. It's thuggery. Thuggery works. That's always worked in the Third World. Do we want the United States to become a third World country? Well, we're well on our way.
Speaker 2: I look at this.
Speaker 1: I look at Brian Thompson, his CEO of United Healthcare last Decemmer, being hunted down by Luigi Maggioni and being there's over a million dollars. I guess mainly Democrats have contributed to his defense fund. The majority of Democrats believe that the murder of a father and a husband in cold blood on the streets of New York City is justified because he works. And the CEO of United Healthcare that is justified too. And I'm thinking, if I'm a CEO of a company, the cost of protecting me, it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: What does this say about America?
Speaker 1: When the opposition party, the loyal Opposition, not only wants to eliminate the president and Elon Musk, they also support the assassination for political purposes of Brian Thompson.
Speaker 2: What does that say?
Speaker 4: Well, it's very it's really sad.
Speaker 3: You know, politics is really downstream of the culture, and culture is downstream of the spiritual orientation of the country. And you know, before we could win the War of Independence from Great Britain, we had to have a spiritual revival. That was the Great Awakening. Before the Civil War we had a second Great Awakening. We need a spiritual revival in this country because our culture has gone to hell and now our political system has gone to hell. Well, it would be helpful we the restoration of good things, right, you know, what do you look for in culture? In a cultural renaissance, you'd expect to see a flourishing of things that are beautiful things that are edifying. You'd expect to hear more great music where we right now. Music is dark, art really is darker, and there seems to be no course correction. The course correction will come when American people recognize that when you drive God out of your culture, it creates a vacuum that gets filled with evil spiritual influence.
Speaker 2: It would be helpful.
Speaker 4: In spades.
Speaker 1: It'd be very helpful if the leaders of the Liberal Democratic Party, from the Obamas to the Clintons to the Nancy Pelosis and the Chuck Schumers stand up is one and saying political violence against those who we disagree with must stop immediately, instead of saying that they implicitly allow it and encourage it. And I look at some of the funding of these radical gris groups, these hands off groups who just pop up in a thousand cities all over America, and your column talks about this. How are these so called hands off groups, how are they funded? How does it happen? First of all, my question is this, I would like to think political leadership would stand up and say we can't have a country and which the majority of my party wants the opposition leader to be eliminated.
Speaker 2: We can't do that. But they won't do that.
Speaker 1: Why won't the leader of the Democrats say this is wrong, don't do it, don't attack dealerships, don't scratch the sides of tesla's, don't advocate for the assassination of the president. We don't want them eliminate it. We want to challenge them on the battlefield of ideas and win. Why don't the Democratic leaders tell its flock don't do this.
Speaker 3: Well, the answer to your question, Bill is they know they can't win legitimacy. Legitimately their ideas, the platform of the Democrat Party is so far left, so destructive.
Speaker 4: You know, to most Americans that they can't win.
Speaker 3: They're in a party of severe decline, and they're like cornered rats that all they can do is conduct themselves in this way. And it's very very sad. But so we need a tough Supreme Court. We've had five victories in the Supreme Court in the last ten days or so.
Speaker 4: Amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Where the Supreme Court has come out and defended the position of Donald Trump to be the president and to exercise is executive not just privilege, but his executive authority the president is given authority by the constitution because it's essential that we have a powerful commander in chief not only in military affairs, but also in other security matters. And for any judge to try to subvert Donald Trump's you know, deporting of not just the illegal aliens, but the worst elements. The trend of dog Guang Doagua terrorists. These people they need to be They need to be removed as quickly as possible. Why is there a judge that would block that and say, oh, oh, I'm giving an order to turn the plane around and bring them back to America.
Speaker 1: Can't happen. Let's talk about the funding. You have a great part of your column Scott Powell and townhall dot com about funding these protests. Explain how much money they're paid and what the purpose is the hands off protests that are going to happen every month, I would imagine, because this is astro turf, their protesters are paid and they're out there protesting, and the media covers it as if everage middle class people just on their own come out of their homes, their apartments, their condos, their trailer parks, they just kind of leave their work and just all of a sudden show up together and start protesting. Is that the way it works?
Speaker 4: I just want to pray it hasn't.
Speaker 3: It hasn't worked that way for a long time. We're just finally waking up to it. And I would just say, you know, fool me one, shame on me, but fool me twice, shame on you. You know, the hands Off protest, which runs under monikers such as the teslaa takedown or ending the billionaire power Grab. Look, the billionaire poor grab is more more on the left than the right.
Speaker 4: Now, that's where the money is.
Speaker 3: It's in the high tech industry that tends to support the Democrat agenda. But this is anything but a grassroots movement or it's spontaneous. You know, many progresses are protests are paid in as much as three hundred dollars a day, and then there's funding from one hundred and more.
Speaker 4: Than one hundred and seventy five NGOs.
Speaker 3: The real number was I think one hundred and eighty nine, but since you can't really verify it, I just said we'll give a number a little less than that, you know, and the different protest groups involved in the hands offf protesting hands Off Protest campaign. You know, they've been assisted and coordinated by an organization known as Indivisible that has received millions of dollars from George Soros's Open Society Foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here we have Soros funding das and the campaigns of federal judges and getting them, you know, get getting getting them into office, and then running the street gangs too. I mean, this is my gosh.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I don't know, and you have a great part of your column about the organization.
Speaker 2: What are the goals? I like to know. What is the goal? It's the goal to have more bankruptcies? Is the goal? To have more illegal aliens? Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: I often say every now and then I might taken issue with a thing or two that Donald Trump has done, and I'm thinking, well, that's.
Speaker 2: Not quite right. But the bull goat is great.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking, what if the shoe was on the other foot and about five hundred thousand votes changed hands, and that Kamala Harris was in the presidency right now, and that Tim Waltz was the vice president right now? What would the southern border look like right now? Using the same laws available to Joe Biden. The southern border is closed in fact, we're now getting it's going to take two or three years to get all them out of here. But none of the los us that we were told by the Democrats and the media that the only way to fix the southern border was to pass all these brand new laws that called for the hiring of ten thousand more federal employees, including the fact that everyone in the country could stay here and wait for their hearing to be held. There was going to be two thousand more administrative law judges. They have hearings on each individual. This would stretch out for five to ten years. We found out the laws in effect when Biden was the president have been sufficient when used correctly by Donald Trump. And the media doesn't cover that at all.
Speaker 4: Of course not the media is full of useful idiots, you know.
Speaker 3: Lenin called Lenin called the people, you know, the average people that get mobilized for these demonstrations, and of course these are media events.
Speaker 4: Remember this is terrorism is a media event.
Speaker 3: Do you know that that the terrorists win not because of the killings that they do, but because of their effect.
Speaker 4: On the media globally.
Speaker 3: So, you know, our biggest challenges Americans is this normalcy bias that we all have, you know, we all, especially as adults, we.
Speaker 4: Have long memories of the way it used to be.
Speaker 3: And this is America, and this couldn't possibly be happening in America. We have this normalcy bias that prevents us from seeing the leadership of the left, the Democrat Party for what it is. These are destroyers. These people want America totally restructured. They want us merged into some new global order. They want a pure democracy, not a constitutional republic. And you know, the founding fathers were scared to death of a pure democracy. Why because it always devolves to a mobocracy. Can't we see this now that we have a mobocracy running America on the.
Speaker 4: Street, this is a color This is.
Speaker 3: A color revolution in America to prevent Donald Trump, the elected president, from being able to carry out what the people wanted.
Speaker 4: So we'll have a color revolution.
Speaker 3: Will will obstruct through through law, there will obstruct through demonstrations, will obstruct through assassination threats.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of people get intimidated.
Speaker 3: I think Amy Colly, Barrett and maybe Brett Kavanaugh, they they backed down from being tough because they were afraid.
Speaker 2: It does a democratic America that.
Speaker 5: That that we knew in our childhood and we've got to corrected sky about minute remaining. But a Democratic activist compelled indirectly by Chuck Schumer, the leader of the Democrats in the Senate, hunted down at the home of Brett Kavanaugh to kill him and his family.
Speaker 1: And that wasn't a major deal. And in fact, the guy just was found guilty about a week ago.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows about it.
Speaker 1: Lastly, on the teriff issue, if tariffs are so wrong, how come every country in the world has them except us?
Speaker 2: If those are wrong?
Speaker 1: And secondly, if Americans pay for the tariffs, why would these other countries care. The fact is the tariffs are born by lots of parties along the way. But tariffs work, That's why other countries use them. And secondly, Americans don't pay completely for the tariffs. If they did, the other countries wouldn't care. If the Americans paid for the tariffs, why would Canadians care? Well, have any tariff you want the American consumer pays, right, The answer is no, tariffs work and Americans pay a small part. In fact, inflation has gone down in the month of February and go down on the month of March. And that will not be reported. But Scott Powell, we got to run once again. I love your term the mobocracy, and that the media covers the mobocracy as if that's the bow. It's the soul of the American people, just unilaterly arising. Ser it's just all of a sudden to go out there in protest, when in fact it's paid for because the mob rules, because the George Floyd riots, because the hands off these useful idiots of march around because they're paid. Well, Scott Powell, you got me all urinated off right now. So I got to go. But uh but once again, uh, somehow sanity must rule, and somehow Donald Trump must.
Speaker 2: Bill out to be you.
Speaker 4: Bill, you are you.
Speaker 3: You are a great voice of sanity in this country. And I just say, keep it up, man, don't give up. Don't retire on us. Bill, No, I'm too young to retire. I got I got too much, I got too much vision, I got a voice, and damn I'm gonna keep talking. Scott Powell, You're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Scott. Than as Americans, we can't let the mobocracy rule. It works with George Floyd Riots. Is it going to work again? Bill Cunningham on seven hundred w ol w