Speaker 1: Let's put BK on the shelf. Cowboy Karen is taking over. You know what time? It is? Tea time. Howdy y'all, welcome into tea Time.
Speaker 2: You are in the zone of Brandon Kravitz and sweet tea Tyler Karen, and it's Draft Day, baby, best day.
Speaker 1: Of the year. They say.
Speaker 2: That's what they say, not what I say, Brandon, and don't look at me. I'm just saying what the people say. NBA Draft, the most important draft in sports and the best night of the year. So the people say, I'm just reading the text there five er eighty five to seven.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, right, yeah, I know I see that one right there, right there and right next to the Easter Bunny is real.
Speaker 2: And no that is not my tech, not my phone number on the text line. Okay, it got even better, Tyler.
Speaker 3: The day h your Super Bowl got even better because I won my bet.
Speaker 1: Yes, the under has cashed.
Speaker 3: OYO was a close, though as close as it could get, over under six and a half on Pirates Brewers, and we landed at six a four.
Speaker 1: To two finished, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Let's go four to two finished, Paul Schimes four runs. But the under cash, Let's go Coffee's on me all right? Um So, NBA Draft tonight. I like to consider myself a draft guy. I listen to a lot of other people that are actually draft guys, that have inside information from around the league. I'm constantly reading about the NBA Draft. You can be as sure and as certain as you want heading into draft night, but the one thing that is guaranteed is that you can't expect the unexpected. Something crazy is going to happen tonight, and that includes blockbuster trades and the Magic obviously involved in a big trade this summer sent getting Desmond Baine and sending out all of those picks, including the sixteenth overall pick in this draft. So the Magic are left with twenty five, and tonight the Magic will make a selection with a twenty fifth overall pick. It goes back to I believe it's the Stepian Steepian, I'm not sure exactly how you say it rule, which essentially prevents NBA teams from trading their first round pick in back to back years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The way around it is the old hat swap on draft night where the Orlando Magic make this selection for this other team, and then a trade pens later on so that's how It doesn't mean that the Magic will end up with whoever they pick out twenty five, but they will be making their selection on twenty five with next year's pick tied up in the trade. So earscer, is it was next year's dealt to Memphis.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: So let's go with We're gonna do some mock trades that all involve the two thousand or the twenty fifth overall pick for the Orlando Magic tonight, and we'll also get into some names, some guys that Brandon and I would like the Magic to draft, as well as names that we do not want to see drafted.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with some mock trades, b K.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tease them up to you, involving a couple of different teams, a couple of different different returns, and you can just hit me with a yes, you would want the Magic to pull the trigger on this.
Speaker 1: That's number one and number two. Is it likely? Do you see the other side saying no, We're gonna talk through him.
Speaker 2: So the first trade, we got Sacramento Kings on the line and Orlando saying, hey, Sacramento, we will give you go give a Tase Jet Howard, who is going to be very popular in this exercise.
Speaker 1: He's just young piece, good contract. He's easy to throw in trades.
Speaker 2: Fifth pick, the forty sixth pick and the fifty seventh pick, the first rounder, the twenty fifth pick, and the two second rounders form Aleak Monk.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do that in a second. Why would the king say as to that?
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of these are fan made, So shout out to the fans out there.
Speaker 1: This you didn't create.
Speaker 3: I didn't create this one. No, okay, no, yes? Do you say yes to that immediately and figure the rest out later? How do you bring Malik Monk off the bench? This team legitimately could be the favorite to win the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 2: Replace Gogabtase Mo Wagner on a sign and trade deal. Mo Wagner Jet Howard twenty five forty six fifty seven for Malik Monk.
Speaker 1: I love Mo. I would still do it. I still do it.
Speaker 2: I tend to agree if you can get Malik Monk and not these guys are valuable pieces to the rotation. Malik Monk is more valuable piece that are to their rotation, So I agree, move on fan created trade number two. The Utah Jazz receive Wendell Carter Junior Jet Howard twenty fifth pick, the forty six pick, Andy fifty seventh pick.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Dell Jet twenty five, forty six, fifty seven for Jordan Clarkson and Walker Kessler. No, I want to again, this is a fan made trade. Your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I think I would do that too. Jordan Clarkson gives you kind of what you're getting with Malik Monk. I don't think as efficient, but still a scorer off the bench that can get you a bucket. The Magic don't have a lot of that right now, so that's helpful. He's a veteran, he's he's been playing in Utah for the last couple of years, so he can't be that bad in terms of attitude, but I don't know that for sure. And then Walker Kessler is the room protector that you want. He's one of the best shot blockers in the league. I would do that. I would definitely do that.
Speaker 2: So I believe the finances of it would work. Now Here is where I don't think that Utah accepts it. I think that Walker Kessler will be a part of their future. And I also think that for Orlando. I don't know if you, I think you'd really be putting yourself in a in a rough cap situation moving forward, because I think Walker Kessler he's entering the final year of his rookie deal and which meaning he will be extension eligible very soon, and I think that Utah will try to get him on a good extension. He's not going to get the max rookie extension, but I think you're going to be looking in the ballpark of about twenty five million dollars a year for a guy like Walker Kessler. And I don't know if Orlando is going to have the wiggle room in order to get that deal done. Can you afford a center for twenty five million dollars a year and still have room to make a bench unit behind it?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. So that's why that's another reason I don't think the deal would get done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not really even thinking about this in realistic sentences because I don't have the contracts in front.
Speaker 1: Of me and all of that. It's just do I want the players? Sure? Is the play?
Speaker 3: Is the player swap worth it? And then figure out the finances later. I'm signing off on that aspect of it. Now, here's the thing with Walker Kessler. He doesn't help you with the floor spacing issue. Wendell Carter Junior is supposed to because he can shoot the three. He's willing to, but he hasn't been good at it, and when he's not good at it, he's less willing to.
Speaker 1: And then he's just standing there and we don't like that. And he's not as good.
Speaker 3: As of a defender as Walker Kessler.
Speaker 1: So give me what I.
Speaker 3: Know I'm getting with Kessler, and and then with Desmond Baine that helps the floor spacing. And then you add the bench piece in Jordan Clarkson. That's enough to get me over the over the hill on that one.
Speaker 1: One more. You got Phoenix on the line there.
Speaker 2: Act, We'll give you your center that you desperately need and Wendell Carter Junior, and we'll give you twenty five for Grayson Allen in twenty nine. That's interesting. Not a big Grayson Allen guy. Don't love him, don't hate him. He's all of the products from Jackson. Well, you get twenty nine, you still have goga. I'm assuming in this situation. You would be bringing Mo Wagner back, so you have two centers. You could even draft another one if you wanted to at twenty nine, because there's gonna be a couple of guys there, like Ryan Clockbrinner that you could take in that spot. I don't hate it, but I don't feel I don't feel the urge to say yes to that. I think that Grayson Allen could very easily turn into I don't know what the contract is. He could turn into someone that is just hidden and blending in with a second unit for Orlando. He's not pushing the needle in any way. So that's where I kind of see it as a wash. He's kind of Dale, kind of gets into these lulls, or he's just kind of a fifth man on the court. I think that Grayson could also be that type of impact where he'll knock down a three here and there, he'll give you some defense. He sounds like Gary Harris, but there's a lot of times also that he's just kind of out there and blending in. So I'm good on that one as well. Okay, let's transition real quick. We have a couple of minutes before we have Tyler Metcalf from No Ceilings MBA on to talk about the draft.
Speaker 1: Very excited for that. Let's go through.
Speaker 2: We haven't officially said who we have for our guys plural as well as some guys that make the do not draft list for each category. BK, I have three with a player that's knocking on the door.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have.
Speaker 3: Five guys that are on my list, and I have none that are on my.
Speaker 1: Do not draft list. Okay, let's start with it.
Speaker 2: I want to hear your five and if if I have the same, I will tell you if they are a tie guy, it's not a my guy for me, it's a tie guy.
Speaker 1: Or if it's a do not touch list for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And to be clear, my list is these are guys that could be available at twenty five absolutely, otherwise it would be a much longer list. Walter Clayton Junior, obviously we all want him. I don't need to sell you on that number. One time guy, Liam McNeely, I love. I think his shot is pure. I know the percentages weren't there, but I think that guy's a demon on the court.
Speaker 1: I really like him.
Speaker 2: Knocking on the door or do not draft for me, personally, I really like a lot of things that I've seen. I think the shooting potential is there. I think the athletic potential is there. How much do you believe in Tristan da Silva. I think they would play two similar roles. And I have heard, not me personally from league sources, but I've heard reports from league sources that they look at their two way guys and say they're better than Liam McNeely. These are NBA official NBA I'm franchise front office members, so now it feels like a mistake to me, But I'm not an evaluator. Max seem Rao, you sold me on him yesterday. I did some more digging, and I'm all in on this guy.
Speaker 3: Seven to one out of Stanford, average twenty and eleven and having a seven footer that can handle and shoot a three. Coveted Jace Richardson, son of Jason, exciting player. Statistically, he's actually a better three point shooter than Walter Clayton Junior. Give us some of that for the magic. And I really do like Ryan Kalchbrenner. I loved him at Crayton. He might be one of those guys that is just simply great in college and doesn't translate to the NBA. But I'm willing to take the shot at twenty five on rim protection because the Magic do need that. So Max sim Raino my number two Thai guy, the seven footer twenty eleven at Stanford. He added a new element to his game every single year. I think my biggest issue with him is he isn't a lob threat. He's not super. He moves decent for a seven footer.
Speaker 2: Knox having three ball well, he can put the ball on the court, but he he isn't going to amaze you with his finishing necessarily about the ram, especially when he is vertical and in the air. I want a lob threat for this Magic team, but I would look at it as we don't really have one right now. Goga he brings it, but he doesn't bring to three point shooting. I'll say, give me maximum right now, who will not pass up and open three point shot? And he's seven foot See if you can craft them, See if you improve the hands, his finishing around the rim will come. I'm willing to take the plunge on Maxium right now or sheer fleming out of Saint Joe's He's been a riser in the draft and I've kind of been bought in. He has a lot of strengths that NBA fans or NBA execs just kind of drool over. Great size, He's six', nine has a seven and a half foot, wingspan major positive, wingspan great, defensively he can knock down the three. Ball really the negatives or he wasn't a great free throw shooter at seventy four. Percent you can still kind of work on, that but that's really the only knock to his. Game thirty nine percent three point shooter on four and a half attempts last year At Saint. Jose obviously coming From Saint jose as. Well it's not the highest competition a, concern BUT i think That Rashier fleming is going to transition just. Fine this does come down to how much belief do we have interest Into silva is he going to because these two will directly be competing four minutes off of that off of the magic bench.
Speaker 1: As kind of a backup.
Speaker 2: Forward so then knocking on the Door Cam jones at A, Marquette i'm looking for a guy with.
Speaker 1: Experience it's WHY i Like Walter.
Speaker 2: Clayton WHY i Like jace or WHY i do not Have Jace richardson as one of the tie, guys even though they're directly. TIED i want guys who have been, around who are, experienced, older and are more of a finished. PRODUCT i don't want to have to mold you for numerous, years AND i think That Jace, richardson it's going to be a. PROJECT i think you see more of A howard path comparatively to someone who come In day. One you can spend some time In, ostiola but we need you to play within a. Year your second, year second, year you need to be in the.
Speaker 3: Rotation i'm co signing that With cam by The, way adding him to to my list as.
Speaker 2: Well Mike quick do not draft Guys Will riley out Of illinois.
Speaker 1: Him as well As Drake powell out Of North.
Speaker 2: Carolina they both fell short of their expectations for last. Season, Yes Will riley is supposed to be a knockdown three point. Shooter he does not belong this high in the draft at twenty. FIVE i see him as a second round, pick as well As Drake powell FROM, unc one of the most underwhelming players in the country last. Year talk about blending in with a team that is just. Mediocre Notice North carolina doesn't have a prospect in this draft because they weren't Very they didn't live up to the tar heel standard last year despite being preseason one of the top twenty five team in the. Country this is all. Projection he has good, measurables he has good. LENGTH i love me a long wings, fan but we can't buy into every single.
Speaker 1: One Drake.
Speaker 2: Powell they do not draft guy as well As jan. BARONJAY i like him for other teams around the. League he's in an international, guy gonna be a, center really good size to, him inconsistently can, shoot but it has shown in ways of willingness to shoot from time to. Time doesn't play a lot of minutes for his international squad right there at about twenty minutes a. Night he is going to be a PROJECT i like him in the future of THE. Nba don't like him for this magic. Team so the tie Guys Walter, Clayton, Junior Maxim, reino And Rashier fleming With Cam jones knocking on the door that do not draft list for. Me Will riley out Of, Illinois Drake powell of you and Ze Yawann barnjay and knocking on the door for the do Not draft Is liam.
Speaker 3: McNeely that knocking on the door next Is Tyler metcalf who is AN Nba draft analyst For No CEILINGS. Nba they do phenomenal. Work we're back very short. Break we'll be right back with that next