Speaker 1: And this is where the rubber reads the road, or the road meets the rubber on the road to the final four. Oh, you got and I'm sorry I got dan O sitting where Dano seasoning. Listen, you want to cook with ease? Use Dano seasoning. I talked the guy everything he knows about seasoning. Hey, dan Ol, good morning. How you doing man, It's good to see you.
Speaker 2: Look George's with us too. Oh, by the way, we were at Baronos. Blamed you five oh two.
Speaker 3: Come on by. Doors are at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: We have a special presentation from the Mayor to Scotty Davenport here in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: It's awkward because.
Speaker 1: I have my pizza dealer and my seasoning I know right next to me.
Speaker 2: I know, well, the mayor is going to be here. We hope that the dog sniffer does not go through your bags.
Speaker 1: Listen, no, listen, the l NPD drug dog is positively smitten with me. When a dog knows a dog person they know.
Speaker 3: But listen, my seasoning dealer and my.
Speaker 1: Pizza dealer is here, and both worlds collided. We now have a dan O's option Baronos.
Speaker 4: Right well, that's right, that's what we're here doing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: So you can get any pizza in sub a cow zone salad. All you gotta say is you want it dan O's way, you Dano's style. Whoa, We're gonna put some red pepper cheese on top of it.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Who's whose trunk? Idea?
Speaker 6: Was this?
Speaker 3: How many beers before? Man? We should have a dan Old's picture?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 1: You all get around and you start, you're having fun, having a couple of drakes. You go, you know what, instead of a seasoning, let's make it cheesiting. For example, the last seafood one came out, it was seasoning.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's the fun, or anything that swims anything from the sea.
Speaker 1: Listen, no kidding. I'm proud of you man, because you start, you went on your own. My passion is cooking. Your passion is cooking as well and seasoning, and you parlayed that into a career and you and you did it. You know, everybody says overnight sensation, but there's a lot of work that goes into that. Man, there's a lot of pain, there's a lot of sacrifice. Talk about dat little food talk about the road to Danos and by the way, the city's proud of you.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you. I appreciate it. And it has been a long road. I mean, I was a bartender in twenty fifteen and I remember bringing this chicken in that I always used to make, and a guy took one bite and say, it's the best chicken I ever had. Why aren't you selling this? And I was like, Dano's don't sell the chicken, sell the seasoning. And so, you know, I didn't come from a background of a business degree or anything like that, and so I just knew I had to package this product, and so I did, and I put it out there, and it took me about two years to do that, and then I realized people really loved this product, but I needed to like make it just right for grocery stores, like write packaging, right size and call out the you know, not a bunch of salt, no sugar, seasoning, the way it should be made. And like you said, it's not easy, right, So it was five years of grinding, doing flea markets and doing the state fairs, and it was grinding, and then TikTok came along and then uh TikTok. I just started making TikTok because I couldn't do the flea markets anymore. And I had this explosion of growth and all everybody started following me and saying Dan good and Dan all might you don't know t Dan o. You know, It's just it's a fun brand and really caught on. And I love doing it. I love making food for people. That's my love language is making people happy with food. And so I get to do that for millions of people, and people love it. And we just keep coming out with new flavors and keep growing.
Speaker 1: And well, you say millions of people we're talking about you start out as a bartender twenty fifteen. Millions of people is accurate, because you go from a bartender ten years later twenty over twenty thousand locations for Dano's.
Speaker 4: Man, that's insane, it really is.
Speaker 5: It's not Dano's locations but grocery stores, right, yeah, I mean all the grocery stores. I mean, we're in Kroger's, Walmart, Target, now we're going into Targets and the Meers, I mean, you name it.
Speaker 4: Probably there to talk about.
Speaker 1: The collaboration that had to happen to Louisville grades Baby two louis but heavyweights.
Speaker 6: Well, we've been wanting to do it for years. We had a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, I'm sorry, he's got it up down. We got it all.
Speaker 1: Test difficult talk, take ten seconds to go ahead.
Speaker 2: You for you just let me take it off your head and then yeah, headphones on back.
Speaker 6: So you had to have a Trinity guy help with saying that's exactly but no uh my uh manager down by the by the bridge and now on Market Street, Katie. I used to work across the street with Dano and he'd come by the bar or Girstals late at night and give him you know, sees any and stuff. So I knew about him from him. I knew about him from other friends. And then finally, uh, you know, we got connected three or four weeks ago, and then we've been happening. We've been doing testing. And I'm a I'm a weird guy. I'm a cheese pizza. I like cheese pizza and I have it several times a week at the Baronos and man I added the Dano's seasoning to it right before you cook the pizza, and it was cheesy, cheesy. The red pepper, the red pepper cheese ining. I did it the Dano's way, and it was it was unbelievable. It's the best pizza I've ever had. I mean, I love it. It's great as if you could make baronos better. Adding Danos, you can actually make your baronos a little bit better, a lot better.
Speaker 2: You are both successful, obvious on different on crazy levels. But I think the thing that connects you both is that you love your community, and you love where you live right and you love.
Speaker 6: The people that are going to come here today.
Speaker 3: Like today, you guys are combined.
Speaker 2: It's a great announcement, but today means something cool because you guys are so danger you're in this community.
Speaker 3: Today's pretty cool day.
Speaker 5: It is absolutely I mean born and raised right here in Louisville, and so to be able to partner with bear No's and bring the red pepper cheese neam to people and be able to try it for free.
Speaker 4: It doesn't cost you a dime.
Speaker 5: Come get a pizza, to get whatever you want, have it the Dano's style, and we're gonna put the red pepper cheese in on it.
Speaker 1: As soon as you walked in this morning, I say, hey, Dan, when' you just go just sell the brand and buy an island, go retire. You see, you love what you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do love it. We're not there yet, We're not done.
Speaker 5: Even when I do, even when that day comes, I'll still probably be turning on the video and make making food for So as.
Speaker 1: You start out bartender, you make your own seasons for your chicken. Then you wind up turn it into this over twenty thousand locations. Have you always loved to cook and how did you come up with that unique seasoning? Is that something that you came up on your own or is that something that you know, your grandmother or somebody you inspired their taste and you learned how to do it. Was it on your own or was there something it was?
Speaker 4: It was when I attempted to go to college.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember one night I had this frozen bone in skin on chicken. It was like the only thing in the fridge of the freezer, and it was like two o'clock in the morning, and my buddy's like, get that out, let's throw it out with her alcohol involved her. No, No, we were just up at two it right, So we thow this chicken out. I remember my buddy just started throwing off, grabbing all these spices, and he just coated this chicken you couldn't even tell it was chicken and baked it in the oven and it came out and it was phenomenal. So that gave me the idea. I'm like, huh, so I just started playing around with spices and I really just like figured it out, Like all right, I love rosemary, like that was always the main base, and I would grab like the Lowry's garlic salt, throw the rosemary in a little human, a little bit of this, this, this, and like grind it up in a little mortal and pestle and coat the chicken. After I did it a couple of times, I like, I'm like, this is my recipe. Never thought to call it Dano's. I went by Danny, But for the first thirty two years of my life, when the all haul moment happened and I'm like Dano's, I was like, all right, I gotta change my name Dan's damn from now on.
Speaker 4: But uh, that's where it came from.
Speaker 5: So for fifteen years, anytime I went to a party a family get together, like like I said, my love language was cooking for people. So I would whip up this recipe just grabbing. I knew what to grab off the shelf. I put it in a bag and I'd show up and I'd show up with bone and skin on chick in. I'd season it up thought in the oven, and then everybody loved it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a difference between phenomenal at two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's phenomenal at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: All right, So big day to day, great day for both of you guys on this one, it's it's kind of awesome. But basketball wise, both you guys, I know you're a you're headed to Lexington, George.
Speaker 6: Oh real, yes, we got a I guess grateful dead people call it a prayer. I don't know what Cardinal fans call it. When somebody, oh.
Speaker 4: You don't have tickets, we do have?
Speaker 3: Oh good, good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, we got a prayer.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Somebody helped us out. So I'm excited to go to the game. But you know, you got to think about our business. Our pizza business is driven in the month of March by how UK and U L truly know the fact that we've had a couple of years without U L. Even being in the tournament. Now they're back, it's just phenomenal for for business. And uh, we're looking forward to, you know, great days, all thirteen locations and and selling a lot of pizza and putting a lot of Dano's, making it the Dano's way all day.
Speaker 1: Tony and I worked with beers for years and years and years, and we know the importance and we know the devastation that comes.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not doing well, just one.
Speaker 1: Team not even making the tournament, let alone the final four. Because we were at these bars with the beers for the for for the games, and that had to be devastating, not just on you, but downtown.
Speaker 3: As well well.
Speaker 6: And and then you people, what they always don't realize is what the outcome of the game. Yeah, will dramatically and yeah the evening. I can't tell you how many times, like if they lose the game, and then you may as well shut down the Oh my god, that's everybody. But we're so excited. Cards today at noon, the Cats tomorrow at seven o'clock. Uh, you know it's gonna be a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Uh, Scotty dan Port just showed ups. Got it, got it. We're gonna have an all star line up here in the next hour and a half.
Speaker 2: And of course the doors open up at ten o'clock here at Barono's five o two.
Speaker 3: It's in plain view.
Speaker 2: Come on by, uh and seeing us in in Dan, Uh and George, you guys again, so part of the community, and you started here and you all are keeping it here and it's awesome. We couldn't be happier with all that. So we are you are? You got good seats? That are You're You're gonna watch the game here with us, right, Dan, I'll.
Speaker 4: Be watching, Okay, Right?
Speaker 3: But go cards? You got a prediction anybody?
Speaker 6: I think they? I think the crowd, the the invasion, the cardinal invasion into Lexington. Uh will bring the cards through.
Speaker 4: That's a great practice.
Speaker 7: Care.
Speaker 5: I like Eric Woods, my buddy, and he always says, Bill's bay billion. Yeah, we'll go with cards bat billion. Okay, And you are probably uh. You don't pick sides, guys, A small business owner.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: Louisville and Kentucky. Yeah. I love both of them, I really do.
Speaker 5: I was raised the UK fan, became a U of L fan the UK then UAIL the same way.
Speaker 4: I go for both.
Speaker 6: I grew up a UK fans. One thing advice, everybody be nice to the Blue usher guys and the one on one club, the little UK guys, they get so upset they get harassed by Louisville fans because they got the blue jackets on.
Speaker 4: One of my dad's.
Speaker 6: Friends, David, their retirees. Yeah, they're the nicest man.
Speaker 3: My dad.
Speaker 6: He's been there sixty five years and he's terrified when U of L fans come to town because they give him a hard time about his blue.
Speaker 4: Yes, the blue jacket.
Speaker 2: Well these yeah, these I know several of them too. They're old retire guys and they love it.
Speaker 6: They do it for free, I think, Yeah, they just do it and they're they're like boosters, you know. Adolph Rupp started this back in the early sixties and it was like a booster club. One on one club would be nice those guys to go.
Speaker 3: Car They'll be nice. Stop it.
Speaker 2: We're not Tennessee fans, but it's exciting. So we're going to be here the rest of the day. The staff is going to be showing up. The game again starts twelve fifteen. It's gonna be an awesome game creating. Obviously, there are a lot of people on TV saying Creighton's gonna win the game.
Speaker 3: I disagree, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's a it's an unusual opponent for a team that had so much success on this season. But it's all about this city and getting getting together today and.
Speaker 6: Bear know's five oh two, Hirst Warren. There's not a better place to watch a game. There are TVs everywhere, there's a huge screen TV.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: You can't find a better place.
Speaker 2: And Dan, part of the you know, the part of the problem with America and the issues they have with health is eating clean. You can actually with creating what you are when cooking at home with good food. You're taking preservatives, you're taking those chemicals, all that stuff out of that situation and you're in a way feeding people with your but you're making them America healthier.
Speaker 5: There you go, right, I mean that's kind of like when I started the brand, it was all about the flavor of the recipe. Yeah, and once I got like two years in, I'm like, wow, this can actually change people's lives.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: It's not factful assault. There's no sugar and no chemicals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like one of them and this is no joke. And I was telling Susan last night. It's easy when you have the tools, the food. And I lost seventy pounds five years ago and I've kept it off and that's just from cooking melon chicken.
Speaker 4: Huh, most of it.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, you did a great job. To do a great job.
Speaker 4: You look good.
Speaker 3: You think I like where its banks? Dude?
Speaker 1: No, okay, some of them might have come back, but not seventy of it.
Speaker 3: But I know.
Speaker 1: But seriously that it takes seasonings and different flavors. If you eat chicken every single day, you can do it if you have.
Speaker 3: Enough different flavors. And Danio's has a ton of flavors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting ready thirteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, that music will get you going.
Speaker 2: It's been a long road for you to Restyr. Louisville Fat Cardinal fans in the game today, six years waiting, Bear knows has been waiting.
Speaker 3: Yes, bearer has been cold for six years, and we're finally.
Speaker 2: Gonna tap that keg and get it on at twelve fifteen today on CBS as Louisville ticks on Creighton and then Plument we were not expecting to have in the first round and special occasions all day the first the first segment today, we had.
Speaker 1: We had dan everybody dan O's and by the way, every single Barono's location. Two grades Dano's seasoning, Barono's.
Speaker 3: Pizza, cheesining. You can have them adds Dane's cheesining. That's right. If you put Dano's on the pizza, it's even better. I'm glad we could get you away from the bar. Mister Mary, I've been drinking tequila. Oh my lug, we're kidding the marriage. Just walk in, Scotti, Davin board No, I waited for you on the run this morning. Now I know where you are.
Speaker 8: I actually did run. I did run, but you didn't show up with me. You were I was not there with you. How long do you run, Mayor? When you go out on your run, most most more, it's usually four miles. I'm trying to build up for the mini marathon here, right.
Speaker 2: You know that's it depends on what call you got right before the run.
Speaker 1: I'm not running the mini marathon, however, I am carving up just in case I ever do run a marathon.
Speaker 3: That's a good strategy. Okay, real quick, let's start with this.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're the mayor of the city of Louisville, Scotti is a legend. That is, the impact is cannot be measured in any way, can't quantify what he's done to the city and the community. But a little while ago, a little bit more than a while ago, you guys were together at the same school. Scotty as the basketball coach of state champion Ballard and you a student at Ballard High School.
Speaker 3: Scotty, did you know, said Mayor? And was he a good student? Well, he wasn't in my class.
Speaker 7: Okay, for the record, I'm taught exceptional child education, the behavioral disorders self contained class.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, it would have been, Yes, he was. It's not in my class.
Speaker 7: But I maybe one of the few who ever asked our beloved principal, mississ Sandy Island, I wanted cafeteria duty because I wanted to be able to interact with the players, all the other students, et cetera. So I will say this, he knows this. I had the senior cafeteria where all the passament ate. Right, that's a small one, that's it, and you knew everybody. And when I look back asking for cafeteria duty, which she said, nobody.
Speaker 3: Would ever ask me volunteers for more work.
Speaker 7: I can tell you this, Mark bell, our beloved point guard. There was one hundred and seventy seven school days and he asked me one hundred and seventy seven school days for fifty sister.
Speaker 3: To buy an extra juice.
Speaker 7: And I gave you fifty one hundred and seventy seven, right.
Speaker 3: I know I did. I wanted to interact.
Speaker 7: My first year at Ballard nineteen eighty seven, eighty six eighty seven as the head coach, we get to the state championship game and I'm teaching, uh, the self contained class and the students are They're going wild in the school, like, who is that guy?
Speaker 3: I've never seen that guy before. I didn't know any of the students.
Speaker 7: I never got to see the players unless it was practiced from my classroom.
Speaker 3: They came to my classroom.
Speaker 7: So then that's when I asked for I wanted to have carefateria to interact with everybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I remember that, and I you probably you might not remember. I was the nerdy student government.
Speaker 3: Coach.
Speaker 8: Davenport was winning national championships every year at that point, I mean sorry, state championships, and I had all these crazy ideas for the pep rallies and.
Speaker 3: I would come.
Speaker 8: I would come to Coach Davenport and say, can we do whatever? You remember where donkey basketball? Once I've got got coach, let us play donkey basketball. Donald brought in donkeys as a fundraiser, and Coach.
Speaker 3: Davenport had donkeys. Where did you find it? Don't they put rubber shoes on them?
Speaker 7: That's it's a fundraising They go through you have don't I have pictures donkey basketball. He brought them during the school day. We put him in that. We put him in the courtyard which everybody passes through.
Speaker 3: And then he walks them through the halls.
Speaker 7: And then we had we had four teams, students, faculty, celebrities and I think athletes. Okay, and we had four And there's here's the catch. You wear a football helmet, you get on it, and you have to score. It doesn't count unless you're on the donkeys.
Speaker 8: No, No, I should have brought the yearbooks. But that was a lot of fun. So coach was always on one.
Speaker 7: Donkey is not very coachable and you always kind of rig it up.
Speaker 3: Who's going to get that donkey? Like you can't get on it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: What did that mean for him?
Speaker 2: With Alan and Mark Bell and all those guys in the stage, And I told you the story of sitting around the radio and listening to Clay County Versus Ballard, which I think should be a documentary at some point. That what was that felt as being a student there and what it meant to the school.
Speaker 8: Oh, it was huge, just like the Cards are doing for our entire city right now. Coach Davenport, and what was going on at Ballard at the time gave everyone such immense pride to be a Ballard Brewin.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I was just recently in Clay County visiting Senate President.
Speaker 8: Robert Styles down the next time, and in there they have a museum right there, historically no right in the middle of Clay County, and there's a whole exhibition about Ballard versus Clay County and Richie versus Allen.
Speaker 7: I went to Bobby coach Bobby Keith's funeral, Okay, And this is.
Speaker 3: Why I'm aware of this.
Speaker 2: I had to go there, and it was it was touching, Okay, So give them the numbers. Three matchups we played three We played in the state championship game March of nineteen eighty seven in ropp Arena.
Speaker 7: They beat us in overtime. The following January January of eighty eight, the l T semi finals broad Ben Arena. They beat us in double overtime State championship of nineteen eighty eight in Freedom.
Speaker 3: Hall in March. You all want to know what it was today? Oh it was today? What the point different? The point different? What was today? Nineteen eighty eight?
Speaker 7: So we're talking thirty seven years ago. If you add up the three games, the three overtimes, there was over forty five thousand Rough Broadbent, Freedom Hall players from village West Beacher Terrace, prospect coach from the South End, Bobby Keith from Clay County, the sons of.
Speaker 3: Minors, et cetera.
Speaker 7: Everybody went out there and competed as different as can be.
Speaker 3: Two overtimes, one overtime, three.
Speaker 7: Games, scores, time time after should we get them all together and break the.
Speaker 2: Mountain guys, mountain families with urban kids and and and it and it was something special, I mean, it was really talk about.
Speaker 8: It is that everyone I meet from down there, they've got the details just like you do.
Speaker 7: Maybe that is really what athletic, especially high school sports, because everybody hit each other on the rear end and the mount of respect. I took my ballot team the next eight years to scrimmage in Clay County.
Speaker 3: They never came. We went eight straight years. That's cool.
Speaker 7: And I always said the players should be able to write a five page paper and get sociology credit because what we learned.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it was incredible. And we went eight straight years. And the amount of respect, like I said, that's crazy. The kids down there though, you know Klay County. Oh, you have no idea, I mean you know a lot for both.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mentioned you mentioned you were there to see mister Sta. My son was just in in there on work related issues, and he said, Dad, should I really.
Speaker 3: Say if they asked me if my last name? Should I really admit I related here? Should I just pass? I said, Well, if you were to get pulled over for like a speeding ticket, just just say no, we're not.
Speaker 2: So the most important question is well did you get is did he get your vote?
Speaker 3: Though? When it came around to the election, that's what Okay, all right, I didn't know. I didn't know. I don't know today that ten.
Speaker 7: Years had vallared the the closeness of the faculty of the student.
Speaker 3: Interaction that was great. What was astound.
Speaker 8: And Sandy Allen, who you mentioned, was just such a wonderful human and principle and we all miss her.
Speaker 3: Deally passed away last August. If very private in terms of her verial et cetera. But I will say this.
Speaker 7: If I have to apologize, I apologize.
Speaker 3: She was buried a Ballard sweater with a trophy. Nice. She was incredible.
Speaker 8: She loved Ballad, she loved every student, every faculty member.
Speaker 3: Say she knew ever one, Yeah she did. I miss that. She was Oh my god, I miss that a lot.
Speaker 2: Uh, real quick, and we have a presentation here we want to do. But you know, Scotty and I have been having these conversations. His first coaching job, teacher job was at a school. We talked about segregation and you said it was segregated, but not by what you think it is. Please, real quick, Scotty, tell us your first Your first job was.
Speaker 3: At nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 7: I'm a JV coach at Aaron's High School, which there was two schools, the vocational in the high school, right, her first and Ali is now the Brown School, right. And I would not trade those two years for any position. And I ever had because it taught me so much. It was segregating nothing based on race. Economically, we had players from Clarksdale, we had players from Portland, we had players from what is now Nulu. But it wasn't like that. And then right and it was we had one parent in two years attended basketball game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: I met my wife in that second year and she would go out on senior night just to so a senior had someone those years. I will never ever ever forget as long as I'm on this earth because from going from Fraser Elementary to Southern Junior High which is now Olmstedd North Iroquois to Aaron's.
Speaker 3: Now the great story is my next job. I'm at Ballard. I go, you go from to the most affluent school.
Speaker 7: Then it all happens for a reason. I coach at the University of Louisville for ten years.
Speaker 3: My last year five Star Hotels, charter jets. We go to the final four.
Speaker 7: And then two thousand and five, I'm coaching at Bellerman and we're on a bus driving eight and a half bres to Rockhurse.
Speaker 3: So it to go and do like every love.
Speaker 2: That was a huge choice for you and I remember coming to see you because I told you we're gonna do the show at your first practice. I said, coach, you were making a huge mistake. And I'm kiddy, I said, you're no he did. I said, look, we're doing because I couldn't find him. You know where he was. He was in doing the laundry. He was washing, he was washing the socks. I said, where's coach, and they're like, he's and we had to go. I had to go around a corner next day and it was a big washing machine and he's bulling socks out of the out of the thing.
Speaker 3: And I said, coaches washing. I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And uh And I said, we're doing our show from the stage on your first practice.
Speaker 3: And I and we believed in him. Obviously.
Speaker 7: Well we had one saying as long as the twenty years, I said, Bellerman, you never ever, ever on or off the court say that's.
Speaker 3: Not my job. Oh my god, there's a south ending.
Speaker 1: I swear my wife and I that's all the time I ever saw that anytime somebody says that's not my job.
Speaker 7: But but the big picture to coach where I got incredibly emotional to coach forty seven years amazing and forty six.
Speaker 3: In this community.
Speaker 7: And to be educated at a Fraser A Southern Junior High and Iroquois a University of little to teach at a Ballard, to coach at a Bellerman. Somebody challenging, I'm gonna do this. I'm going to add up in the twenty years, not graduation rate because I know it. I'm going to add up how many degrees? Like last year we had two seniors they left Bellment with five degrees.
Speaker 3: That's what it means. That's what it's all about. I mean, I'm going to add up the number of degrees.
Speaker 2: Okay, here it is here, it's time. I know, Mayor you're super busy. And by the way, coach, thank you. I know we were going back and forth and you couldn't make it. You were gonna make it, to make it, and you said I'm gonna be there. It's important to you.
Speaker 8: I really, I really came just for the Dano's Biereno's Special.
Speaker 2: One lass hey, and that the Donkey game is never gonna get out of my head anyway.
Speaker 3: That's never.
Speaker 2: Now he's taking off, he's taking off.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're gonna be on this side because you gotta present it to him. This is a present team. No, no, not you her the video basketball. Yeah, Donkey basketball. Guy.
Speaker 7: I text those players would say the mayor was talking about the Donkey game.
Speaker 3: They will go.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he's not including you in on that text message with when.
Speaker 8: I get home tonight, I'll text you guys a picture of the Donkey basketball.
Speaker 3: I gotta have it, so I gotta have it.
Speaker 8: Seriousness, Coach Davenport, you have meant so much over those forty six years to this community. I've had the great honor and privilege of knowing you for over thirty of those years. You made a very positive impact on my life at Ballard when we first met.
Speaker 3: You did so much for our city. As a coach at the.
Speaker 8: University of Louis what you have done from Bellerman transforming not just their their athletic program, but really the university. You have made such a positive impact on this entire city, and so I really do want to honor you with a very special proclamation honoring all of your years of service. Way too much to read on the radio today, but you really have made such an impactful difference in the lives of every person. You have coached, and so many more across this entire city. Thank you so much, Thank fantastic, great job.
Speaker 7: I will tell you the one thing Mayor at the last words of my coaching career.
Speaker 3: This was the Sunday night meeting. I said, if you look me at I more you ever have in your life. And they did.
Speaker 7: And I said, if you get to this point in your life and you can utter.
Speaker 3: These words, you will be a success. I said.
Speaker 7: But if somebody walked in this locker room right now and magically said to me, said, coach, whatever you want, you got one wish, you get it. Whatever you want, you get it. I said, if you get to this point in your life where I am and you utter the words I just want that one wish. I want to do every second of it again, then you've lived a.
Speaker 3: Heck of a life. And I said that should be your goal. Now. These are eighteen to twenty two year old young man going forward, very crying. I'm crying, Doug's crying, We're hugging. But I wish I could do it again. Wow, thank you so much. All right, give it. Wow, there you go. Thank you fantastic. Yup.
Speaker 2: That plaque is cool. That is Allison at your office. Did that plaque? It is awesome. It's customized to you. I thought when you said something, I thought it would be like, you know, the colonels were just print auto And that is really really nice. Wow, that's really nice, specialula, special person. Oh, he's thank you, he's got it all right there. You're all right there.
Speaker 3: I took it out of the box last night and almost got a little motion. It's really neat. That is congratulations, yus gradulations. Listen.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes me the mayor and coach Davin Porter sitting in my hot tub, my Southern covert hot Thank you guys, reflecting on our careers and we bring up things like you just heard.
Speaker 3: You could do that with your.
Speaker 1: Family and friends as well in a Southern covert hot tub. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway. How about a vacation right there in your own backyard whenever you want one.
Speaker 3: Think you can't afford a hot tub? All contrare bonjour fak again.
Speaker 1: Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month with a twelve month simis cast. They make it easy to buy. You're gonna love your Southern comfort hot tub. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway. Stick around more to come. We are at Barn Nos. Five oh two Hirstborn, Come on, buy and say hi news. Ready to wait forty whas