Speaker 1: All right, good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It's time now for our community connection right here on gay one, the one you trust, Bartlesville High School of Fine Arts. We've got the theater kids in here. I call them the theater kids, but actually they're like young adults because when they get up on the stage, everybody goes they look at about thirty. And then when they get off stages like, my goodness thinks, can you drive a car? But you guys present so well on stage and you come off as professionals. And I'm really really proud of each and every morning in the effort that you put into it.
Speaker 1: Let's say we're doing Harry Potter, are we. Yes. First of all, I introduce yourself, your name, and your character for the play.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Presley Osbourne and I play Hermione Granger.
Speaker 1: Alrighty.
Speaker 3: I'm Alana Jackson and I played Jimmy Potter.
Speaker 5: I'm Karina Kemp and I play Delphy Diggery. I'm Ryker Birch and I play Alvis Potter.
Speaker 1: Alrighty. This is going to be a lot of fun. Now. These books came out.
Speaker 2: A long long time ago, when my first bunch of kids who are now in their warnings or we're you know, being young. And then of course the movies came out, and I imagine you've all had the chance to see at least one or maybe ten of the Harry Potter movies, have you not, So this is something that you're like really familiar with, right, all right, So let's talk about your character.
Speaker 1: What are you bringing to the show. Tell us a little bit about what you're going to be doing.
Speaker 2: I'm you just gonna act real good.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, I'm basically I don't know, I'm bad guy. I guess, Oh, well, manipulate him so he'll do what I want so I can bring back someone very people.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness sakes, And look at that. She's got this really innocent face, and you're going to be playing something. This is going to be a stretch for you, young lady. There's going to be a stretch. Well, it's gonna be a lot of fun too, isn't that She's done?
Speaker 1: Good? Well, tell us about you. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm Harry Potter's son.
Speaker 7: So the story is now the previous kids are now adults, and I am Harry Potter's son and his fame kind of overshadows me, and so I kind of present him for it, and so I kind of have dad issues with it, and so like I get sorted into Slytherin and so like there's a kind of a tension between me and my dad because he's like I think he's like upset it, like he's not he's disappointed in me and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: So it's fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'd say that that never plays out in real life, does that?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: So I played Jenny and I'm kinda I'm kind of like the peacekeeper in situations because there's a lot of tension on stage, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like you're the bridge between it all right, yeah, peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go around saying that. People just look at your fighting like you guys looked at me Harmony, Tell me about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Hermione is kind of she's the one who's always like has the plan and is like, Okay, you guys need to stop messing around, let's get this done, let's do this. And yeah, so she really is the one who kind of she's in charge of sport. Yes, she's basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well somebody's gotta somebody's gotta run the thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man. So when is the performance coming up?
Speaker 6: It's on October tenth and October twelfth.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, great? Great tickets available?
Speaker 5: Where do we get them?
Speaker 7: You can get tickets from I think it's online on the BARTICLW Theater website and you get them from missus Rust for ten dollars for students and fifteen dollars for adults.
Speaker 2: Well, this is gonna be great at the Fine Arts Center there at the high School. You like playing on that big stage, don't you.
Speaker 5: It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: I love listen to do that. Thing's huge, isn't it. I know you know that.
Speaker 2: I thought that little Madison stage and the one at Central was pretty good.
Speaker 1: But you know, hey, this is this is big time stuff. You know. You got some big time sound that comes out of there too.
Speaker 2: You know I say this, but there are colleges that don't have it as good as you have it at BHS right now, you know what I'm saying. Wow, So how long have you been in the performing arts with the school?
Speaker 4: So with the high school, I've been doing shows since I was a freshman. Okay, first show was The Hobbit and I played Tom. I was a troll and I've been doing shows ever since.
Speaker 3: Okay, same since the Hobbit. Freshman year, I.
Speaker 5: Was grocery Boy.
Speaker 1: So I remember grocery Boy.
Speaker 2: You're one of the few people didn't have hair on your feet, right, Okay, I'm only kidding.
Speaker 1: Did people were worried about that in you?
Speaker 6: It was the same for me and I did the Hobbit and I was an.
Speaker 1: Outlaw, so I was like, oh, yeah, I remember that, and you.
Speaker 5: Also same for me and I was Bilbo Baggins.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember that. There you go. You had a lot of fun with that.
Speaker 5: I did, Yeah, my very first role, and it was it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Did you feel a little overwhelmed with all the lines as your first role or did you just kind of roll with it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It kind of just like as I was memorizing lines, it kind of just it just came naturally.
Speaker 5: And the line memorization wasn't that bad.
Speaker 7: I feel like the hardest thing was like a monologue I had, and it even then it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 5: But I just practiced a lot on it.
Speaker 2: What I hear from a lot of students is that the words are easy. Where do I stand sometimes gets in the way. Right, that's a big stage and you got a lot of people in a lot of scenes, and sometimes it's wormed and and you know, you kind of just smile real big and you kind of we're got to go for it. So tell me about your instructors who you have for this.
Speaker 4: Our incredible director, Missus Roddy, she's amazing. She's our primary director and then our assistant director. So Pia Hewett, Okay, he's been in some shows.
Speaker 1: He's really seen.
Speaker 4: She's very good as well.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: Our stage manager Reese Ryle has been incredible and really good with helping give instruction and make things clear as.
Speaker 1: Well when it comes to things that's just helping out.
Speaker 5: Elizabeth pantographs.
Speaker 6: She's ore A one, so she's doing sounds and it's pretty tough, but she does an amazing.
Speaker 2: Job about it.
Speaker 1: That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 5: Let's see. We also have.
Speaker 7: Zoe Gilbert Gilbert on costumes, and this show is packed with costumes.
Speaker 1: I would imagine. Now, do any of you play dual roles or anything like that or not?
Speaker 6: This time around what's called the solitaire characters because we.
Speaker 5: Only have one character.
Speaker 1: Ah, good, good, good, there.
Speaker 7: Are many people who play multiple people in ensemble roles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where the word do I stand park comes? Yeah, this is gonna be a lot of fun. In the name of it, I keep calling that the Harry Potter thing, but it's not the Harry Potter thing.
Speaker 5: What's it called Harry Potter and the Curse Child.
Speaker 2: And the Curse Child? Okay, I want to get that correct here because people got I want to guy to see that Harry Potter thing. What and we'll give you a ticket to this? Okay, So I don't want folks, you know, saying stupid things that I stupidly said.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this is gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It always is. Did you say you're all seniors? You got one more year of this? You're just getting started to rock and roll kids? Alrighty folks at it is Bartlesville High School and Harry Potter the Curse Child. There you go, not the first Child, the Curse