Speaker 1: Drama, Darling.
Speaker 2: Drama, Darling.
Speaker 3: Drama, Darling. Hi, everybody, welcome back in It's drama Darling. I am here with Emily Deres's Hi Ams, Hello, and she and I are and you guys are going to talk about two episodes today, one McBee Dynasty and two Below Deck Med. So let's get ready. We've got a lot to discuss, and it is a gorgeous California day and we are ready to jump in. We are not wasting any time, okay, Emily, because there's just too much to discuss.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are going to provide seven star service today the listeners, as Sandy.
Speaker 3: Says, seven star service as seven seven. We're talking about Below Deck Med first, because we have to get to Jizzgate. You know, the chextaposition of just knowing that there's bodily fluids in the bo'sun's bed for the duration of this entire episode. And then on the other side, we got Captain Sandy being like, all right, your time to shine. All right, guys, you got this just none the wiser has no idea what's going on under on her watch and right now because she wasn't on Watch What Happens Live last night. I am just wondering what the Captain has to say about this.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what was on Watch what Happens Live, Asia and Cole from McBee but Asha and the opening line to bring us into Watch What Happens is Andy said he's in the farming biz and her chief Boson just slept in Jez, just watch what happened.
Speaker 3: He was like, I can't believe I just said that, which says a lot considering the things that he says on that show. I mean, it was an epic opener, and he was just like, I cannot no, that was a great episode. I mean, Asha was in full Asia mode and I never really and I'm focused on hot. The way that she says the word girls. You know, she's like youoy, your boy, you wolve, But on watching What Happened, she was.
Speaker 1: Like you, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: I don't even know like how she says it, but it's amazing And just the leaning into Andy and just what it might what it must feel like to be in her energy space. It's got to feel like invigorating. I feel like it's probably like taken a hit of caffeine just being around her.
Speaker 4: No shit, And by the way, speaking being around I hit a caffeine. How about being in the middle of all the the Game of Thrones stuff. I just didn't even put it together until this tour.
Speaker 3: Oh, Emily, I had no idea, and I'm just delighted. Did you know that that was King's Land?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't, But then I was like, oh, this is good because Luke, as Braun says the King Jeoffrey, wouldn't hurt to get the poison out a little bit, and Luke did just that. It got the poison out a little bit on Anything's bed, and I was like, this is a perfect episode.
Speaker 3: Also for Joe Gorga, who likes to get the poison out.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 3: Gross, you guys. Excellent Game of Thrones reference. I am so impressed, and I wish that I could grab on to the references that I had so many years ago because I was so obsessed with that show. But also, darlings, you need to know that so Emily produces a lot of, you know, comedy parody musicals, and one of them was a parody musical of Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Called Thrones the Musical.
Speaker 3: There you Go, Yeah, which you know, can people find that online anywhere? Can you buy it online?
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, the Cast album might be out there still.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Oh, I know the fifty Shades Cast album is still out there.
Speaker 3: It's on iTunes. Well, I what year is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on, they still give out awards for best album of the year. We can say album.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I was I'm the one that's outdated saying iTunes because I say that for everything. I still say that I get my podcast on iTunes as you should iTunes.
Speaker 3: It's really that, honestly though, Emily. It is like underneath the word Apple podcasts, if you look at the programming, if you're gonna look at the coding, it's gonna be iTunes. Okay. Furthermore, Maddie's on her iPad talking to her friends, and I cannot ever say get off of your iPad. It's always time to get off the phone. I said it yesterday and I was like, I I give up. I give up. I won't ever be able to do it, Like it just is so unnatural get off the eye. If she's alone by herself and she's on the iPad playing a game or watching YouTube, I'm like, you have to get off the iPad. But if she's talking to someone it's get off of the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I would be the same anyways, never change.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's not let's talk about Game of Thrones. How what a great time of our lives. I equate the Game of Thrones if you're a fan, like, if you were such a fan, wasn't that just the greatest time to just look forward to the next episode on Sunday nights? And it was also like Breaking Bad that was also a great time in our lives. Those are the two shows that I feel like of my adult generation, uh, within the last ten years, that just were some of the greatest television nights of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would even go a little further back, say Sopranos, because I feel like that really kicked it.
Speaker 3: Off, you know what. I never watched it, I know.
Speaker 4: And then I go a little forward and I'd say Love Island every night?
Speaker 3: Maybe I love Island.
Speaker 1: Shame shame. What was Luke wearing clothes for the Walk of Shame? Like he added clothes to do the walk?
Speaker 3: I added clothes, I know, And I'm thinking, this is your time to shine. Take take those clothes off, you know, do a soops, do a sexy walk of shame. Thank you because yeah, no one was clothed. No, that's that's the nun Oh yeah, oh was the nuns. I'm wearing like a cape gown like that or a cloak.
Speaker 4: I mean she was wearing a gray habit and a gray nunnery thing.
Speaker 3: Right, So maybe that's what they were doing.
Speaker 1: Barass naked and you better do the bit Luke.
Speaker 3: Hmm, wow, sorry so amazing. No, No, it was taking me back. I'm like, that was so intense, just the shame, shame. I can't believe we were there on those steps where that scene took place. I can't believe it. And I can't believe we didn't even know leading up to this that the Croatia was where they filmed it. I had no clue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think at one point I probably had an idea that it was not like where, you know.
Speaker 3: Like in Canada, like maybe they filmed it in different places, you know, maybe they definitely feel like it was New Zealand that was one of them. I'm just throwing I'm just throwing random shit. No, but I'm pretty sure it was New Zealand, right, Yeah, I kind of forget now.
Speaker 1: I just know that a lot of it was like UK, you know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was in the Trader's Castle, just making I know, we're with Warner Brothers lot like Santa Clarita. It was actually a really good spot for them. No, but seriously at your block party. But for those crowd scenes. You know, I love this group of people. They came on and they just seem pretty chill. They love Game of Thrones. They probably love their money because they look like they're rich, and they don't care about those two short chairs at the beach picnic.
Speaker 4: I mean they were mentioning it under their breath, but they weren't, like it wasn't stopping the party.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't. And Asia really took the she rolled with it. But like that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It was especially because they it was mentioned the higher chairs. I needed a wide shot of that picnic setup we were just getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so close.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see all thetrements.
Speaker 3: On the Collie Emily. I was wondering if they were regarding the chairs. I wondered if they did they make a Peter Dinkline reference. They did, they did that. Okay, it was pretty it was pretty good. It's pretty good. Yeah, but you know, yeah, low blow but literally yes. Also interesting that Cat is Croatian and has been there, lived there. That was another complete left turn. Loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't believe that Jen was okay with Cat leading the tour.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, she seems well, it would be pretty ridiculous if Jen felt entitled to lead a tour of a place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that.
Speaker 3: To be like, well, I actually have led tours in other places, not Croatian. I know you're from here, but I do feel like I'm more prepared, you know. I think part of the reason why we're not getting as much, you know, slap back from her at this point is because she's got the whole Luke thing going on. As she said, She's like, well, I'm not second Stu. I can just enjoy this charter and have fun. And that's because she's got this thing going with Luke. But this iduchebag is a real d I mean, move over Gary, move over Juau, move over all of them. Because this guy, to literally say in his interview it was meaningless is about the coldest thing you can say. Well, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Will, I will say, Jen is making me really nervous and I'm not even sure. Yes, Luke you made a dumb move, and I really hope Joy takes note and is not like going to give you another chance. Yeah, but Jen is making me really nervous with this. I can't even tell if she's half doing a bit when she's like locking in and making him commit to the time spent with other women on the boat during his job, like I and she's because she's kind of she's kind of like smiling and then there's a kind of twinkle in her eye, but then like there's not a punchline, there's no bit.
Speaker 1: It's freaking me out.
Speaker 3: I don't think she I think she's serious MS because I think she's trying to be cool about it. But then she can't hold it in because she starts with what you're saying, like, yeah, I just thought that, you know, you and I were pretty cool, and then I mean we like you know, slept together, and like I get nothing and I'm like helping me like with you know, like any dishes, and it's like you're fucking in the jelly being hard for like forty five minutes. So she can't keep it in. But here's the thing, She's right because I know that it can be part of his job. But let's be real, even she doesn't know for sure, she's banking that he's got feelings for her, and he's staying in there and lingering around because he likes her. And she's dagon right, she's dagone right, and he's making it look like that's my job, that's my job. Well, that's bullshit it is, So I don't blame her. I think she's got her intuition is telling her something's off here, and she's absolutely right, and he's just gaslighting her. And then remember like on below Deck down Under when what's his name Joao Joao couldn't make it clear to whoever whomever that was that he didn't want to oh Ellie, Yeah, that he didn't want anything going on with her, and he kept not being wrecked enough. Well, Luke kind of did the same thing, and then at the end of it he was like, uh no, I don't think we're on the same page. I just want to you know, cut all ties and like, you know, recalibrate. He was making no sense, and at this point when they left the conversation, I thought, well, he just confused her, and are they walking away from this conversation knowing what actually is the status here because it seems like she thinks that he chose her for sure, and he has he wants nothing to do with Joy and there's no love triangle. That's what she's walking away with, and he's walking away with I want I just ended this and I'm going to pursue Joy.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that he's absolutely gaslating her.
Speaker 4: But I walked away from the conversation shocked that Jen didn't understand what he was saying. But maybe maybe I was. I had the benefit of being the viewer at home and knowing what he was saying, because to me, that if more clear than what Joel did.
Speaker 3: Jo Joel was definitely a little more swampy, but like when he said, she's like, I don't I don't fuck with love triangles, and he said there's no love triangle, so that that means it's just two people, right. But what I saying is there never was a love triangle because I was never really interested in you, and there isn't one now because I'm still not interested in you. But he didn't say those things out loud, so she thinks that he's picking her. Now, what were some of the.
Speaker 4: Other things might be switching my mind. I mean, I think you might be compelling. This is a compelling argument because your honor.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'd like to submit some evidence because what else did he say? That makes me think, like, what else did he say to her where he was directed?
Speaker 4: It's more about her reaction to him that I was having a hard time with, like, like, whoa chill out? You've been on these boats, you know how these boat man's is go like, we're not going that far. I mean it's barely we've barely been on this boat, and how you're locking it in.
Speaker 3: And I agree with that one hundred percent. But she's also like, I don't want to let me just nip this in the butt because if we're doing this, like if you're interested in this, gal, like let's just call it, I think, is what she Yeah, and I think that's fair. But she definitely had no chill, right.
Speaker 4: But to your point, she probably doesn't have chill because he's not being very clear. So yeah, I guess I came into this team Luke and I'm coming out of this team Luke.
Speaker 1: So no, that's right. I'm not team Jen, but I'm definitely not team Luke.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not team either. I'm like team Joy because you know, she loves her food. Yeah, and I love that. I've never seen such a love story such as this with a chef and their food, and I really enjoy that. It's like, you know, you talk to your plants. They say plants can feel it. They they're living organisms. Well, you know, she's talking to her babies. She's like, oh, yes, a beautiful let's go. Could you coo?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean, I like, I don't ever recall ever having a connection with like, you know, scallops or like you know, sawtang vegetables or something like that, where I really feel like she is becoming one with her food.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like Chef Ben her like yells at the food. He's angry with it, and she's nice to it. Because I've definitely heard him like talk to it, like it it fucked him over while he's like sautang or something.
Speaker 1: But she's really nice.
Speaker 3: She's really nice. She's nice to her food. Ben is mean to his food. Joey is nice to her food. I wonder if people can like taste that, can you taste the anger of the chef, because I mean Joy is definitely angry, like let's not get it twisted. But what I like about her is that she seems pretty you know, maybe I don't know if anger is the right word. I'm slapping it on her because she's a chef, and I just want to be like, I'm just categorizing all chefs just for fun, So we'll just say she's angry too, But like, okay, she is not at the food. She doesn't put up with any bullshit from people, and I love that. So when he comes in and he's like hey, she's like get that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Really thinking that, I don't. She thinks that they may have kissed or something, and because of that, she's out of there already. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also because he is very clearly running game to see what sticks.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, what suck to the bottom bunk of Nathan's bed. So like they're up on his bunk the night before, they're banging it out. Everybody hears it, and he's like, don't till anybody, and then everybody knows. Then they get out of the bed, they go down to the lower bunk and because it's all like sweaty up there apparently, so she's down there, then he comes and joins her. So in the morning, was that in the morning when he basically got a handy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody heard that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like, like, what are you there's some secrets I know, gross, Like I don't know you that well, Like don't it's morning, Like don't don't you know there's just something about you know, the force of the hand or like the pushing down of the head.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, we don't. We don't play like that, like you're gross, You're gross.
Speaker 4: It's all Yeah, And the more I think about it, Luke is shown He's showed me way too much of who he is in a very short amount of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I Jen makes me really nervous.
Speaker 4: And I don't really want to hang out with her, But Luke has shown me a lot more now that we're really talking it out.
Speaker 1: To your point, Yeah, his DNA.
Speaker 3: Has been clear to everybody, but to like, she'ming, I'll wash your sheets and then I don't. Here's what I don't understand. Do each crew member do they just have one set of sheets and then they like they strip them off, they wash them and put them back on, Because like, why couldn't you just strip them off and put another set on there.
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 3: Questions for the laundry room, All right.
Speaker 4: Okay, she did say I thought she said give me his sheets and I will wash them, and then he never gave her the sheets.
Speaker 3: Right, So it was like that was a communication breakdown also where I would have thought, like who was doing the fun. Well, she can't go back into that room obviously, right, So she can't really go get the sheets because that's Nathan's room too. She's not gonna just walk in there. But for that much time to pass, and then he goes and gets in that bed and sleeps an entire night in there.
Speaker 1: Like two days.
Speaker 4: I think by the time we get to the trailer for the next episode, I think it's been like two days.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's two days. So if it's the whole charter, we know it's two days because this is a short charter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it has to be because he finds out on the night out, so it's after this charter ends.
Speaker 3: It's a jump scare. And then you see him going in bed like talking and he's shirtless, and then he's talking to Gail about his baby. Poor Nathan. What a way to be just humiliated on TV because I'm nasty decks. You know, Deck stew can't keep it in his pants the morning after?
Speaker 1: Is it the job of production to have told Nathan ahead of time so that he is not intermingling with bodily flu.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really good point actually, because.
Speaker 1: I mean, here theory, that's a biohazard.
Speaker 3: Interesting, let's call it like it is on the valley. You have to call it. Essay, it is what it is over here on below deck. It's a biohazard. Where does the responsibility lie? Now? The one thing I will give the benefit of the doubt too of the crew is that they don't see everything right then and there. Okay, so if this thing happens a production yeah, sorry, the production that's in the in the production room and they're watching the video, they can't see every single thing, so they won't They wouldn't have maybe known that until they were at it the show.
Speaker 4: Oh or maybe even until yeah, it keeps coming up.
Speaker 3: Until it keeps coming up and they hear them talk totally right. So, but I think that you're right. I think that they would have said something because I think that that's like a health concern truly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, that's really too bad.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like also if someone like blew their nose in somebody's sheet and let it sit there, yeah, would also be responsible to tell them because that's going to be I mean, germ spread through bodily fluids. So yeah, interesting.
Speaker 3: Shame, shame. Interesting. He was the one sheets. Interesting, He was the one that was like going down those steps when he really should be shamed, and he is being shamed by all of us fans who are watching the show right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, there's got to be extra sheets, even if it's not the sheets for that bed, then it's like tuck them underneath, like if it's a larger sheet.
Speaker 3: Like that's just it your laziness. Like he's saying, he kept going in the laundry room and the machines were full, that doesn't matter. You can still leave them there because Jen said she would get to it.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, was he afraid to have Nathan not have a bed made and then.
Speaker 1: He put it together that he fucked in his bed right?
Speaker 4: Also that we haven't heard that concern, but maybe that's part of it.
Speaker 3: For sure, he just wanted it to look normal until the very last second of when he could just quickly do the switch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because at the end of the day, I don't think Nathan would care if Jen crashed in his bed. They are all switching beds, so I don't think he would care. But I mean the sex is different or the jizz.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess in fairness, they didn't have sex in his bed.
Speaker 4: There was just a hand job in his bed. And the aftermath, which the after math, the math.
Speaker 1: Of it all.
Speaker 3: In the math, the after is what sticks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's also so weird that she even said that. She's like, I can't believe you just just in your bosses sheets.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, She's like, how about this SoundBite?
Speaker 3: It's like these guys man, well I wanted I Yeah, Jen, definitely, She's a very intense personality across the board. So you're getting that's what you're getting when you get Jen.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I did get the vibe that Asha even on Watch What Happens. There is no love lost there with with Jen. Not because Andy said something about is there anything that Jen does better than what's her face?
Speaker 1: The cat or kay Kayley? Is there anything that she does better? And She's just like, no, not one thing. I can't think of one thing.
Speaker 4: By the way, have we I think we can now clock eyebrow Joe's move. What he does is he plays hard to get. At the beginning he says, I want to take this slow. I don't want to like we're just being very casual. And by the third crew night, he's like fucking them hard while he's like messing around with his hand on somebody else.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that is his hat shit m m, that is absolutely his style. Those are his stylings at sea. Yes, I loved his Dragon Slayer stylings though. I thought he did a great job and was who was dressed up? Was it Luke nos Cooper right as Cooper jump Shark Cow? Yeah, the shark Cow. That was amazing, And I loved when Captain Sandy was like, hey, that was one hell of a stage jump, huh, because I did. It was interesting to hear, like the behind the scenes because she was like, you're gonna jump right, because he's not gonna push you, because they the way they explained it is like you know they're gonna push them. And I was like, that's so perfect. Safety first, you got a jump, you can't it's got to be in under your control and it was. It was a great stage jump.
Speaker 1: It was it was really good and like the trick.
Speaker 3: Guy in Disney World put him on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: I thought it was not gonna go well because the music under the previews for that.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, something bad's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It was fine, you got me below deck preview you got me, Oh that was gonna go bad.
Speaker 3: Hey, we like to prank our viewers sometimes, you know, I'm will switch a room. Yeah, what else happened on this episode?
Speaker 4: I wrote three different times is Jen's serious? And then the final one being is Jen serious? In all caps with four exclamation points and three question marks.
Speaker 1: So I'm really unsure.
Speaker 4: She was wearing like a Game of Thrones like medieval kind of hairstyle, which wasn't helping her, like in terms of the negotiating with Luke.
Speaker 1: At three in the morning, it was just looking like so crazy.
Speaker 3: Those braids, Oh that's what it was.
Speaker 4: It was like two braids like right at the like Kyle tendrils, but braided, and then it was like all like like knotted up in weird places. The other part of that is that she was pretending that the guests had just gone to bed, where meanwhile she literally says, Oh, you're gonna stay up and help Joy.
Speaker 1: Two people can play at that game. And then she stays up and waits for Luke's shift.
Speaker 3: What was that? And then when what was the big plan?
Speaker 4: And then to be awake so she could talk to him during his shift and spend extra time with him. And then he walked in and she's like, oh, guests just went to bed, and then production cut to them sleeping and snoring like they'd been gone for hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was like, what is she talking about? What is this big plan? How is she getting back at him? When she was like, two can play that game. I'll just stay up super late and exhaust myself with no real return on my investment. Like, what was the How did she like zing him back?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought she was going to sleep with a guest or something the way that she threatening.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, the whole thing was. I just don't get Jen's plan.
Speaker 4: But otherwise, everybody on this crew like loves each other and it's a good time and they're great. I feel like it's one of the strongest working crews I've seen in a minute and schen.
Speaker 3: So we need jet we do. She's definitely the divisive wild card and Luke is too, so that's good. It's great that Nathan and Joe have squashed their beef and that they seem to be on a good path.
Speaker 1: Yeah he should did say something, and watch what happens is She's like, they just don't like each other, and I was like, oh, I thought they did, so I guess they.
Speaker 3: Just still don't. Okay, interesting. Interesting. So Kat and Cooper go on a date, which I thought was so sweet because he seems like a real gentleman. And I also love the little shout out to Southern Charm that that is because yes, he's from Charleston, and like she was like, oh, you know, got my own little Southern charm. Very cute. I also couldn't help but think, you know, oh my gosh, like, will he do a pop up on Southern Charm at some point? Will he connect with those guys just because he's on a Bravo show, was on a Bravo show. Will there be a connection, Will he somehow, like I don't know, end up on that show?
Speaker 4: You never know, you never know. He's really likable and so is she. So my god, I liked them together.
Speaker 3: I do too. They're great, really really nice, just a great just a great couple, you know. And Nathan gives Cooper his blessing about like.
Speaker 1: That about well because you have to ask.
Speaker 3: Because they typically they typically do that, or they'll ask the captain, you know, they take someone out on a date or do something on the ship or you know what I'm saying, like with another crew member. He's just doing all the right things. You don't have to do that. But he's just a gentleman and he's.
Speaker 1: I mean, Luke didn't ask, Luke did not clear it.
Speaker 3: Well, Luke's a dick. That's the difference between the two of them. You know, he didn't have to clear anything. I think he was just like being cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well it was nice. He's he's doesn't feel like he's love bombing. He just feels like he's a really nice guy. There's a difference, and I feel like you can tell immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, totally. I love that he went over to the cabin and he was like, do you have a bag? And then he asked for to carry the shoes. But he's like, I'll take the bag. It's those little things that matter, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: They had a great date, great date.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I won't kiss him tell And meanwhile they're like, all camera, no problem.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he doesn't kiss on the first date. And he's like, but if I do that, I won't kiss and tell. Think of a time when you could have used therapy. Think of a time when you were in a real pickle, maybe a breakup, maybe a burnout, crash out, major anxiety stress. Well you get where I'm going with this. But you wanted a therapist, and you wanted it right then, but you found it impossible to find a therapist online who took your insurance. Well, you know, affordable and accessible mental health care shouldn't be out of reach, but too often it is. Have you ever used your insurance to cover your physical health, so why shouldn't it also cover your mental health? Rula makes sure it does. I love therapy, you know I do. And there are a lot of online therapy platforms that actually fall short. Many don't work with insurance at all, which means means you're stuck paying the full cost out of pocket. No one likes out of pocket or paying for an expensive monthly subscription. Rula does things differently. They partner with over one hundred insurance plans, making the average copey just fifteen dollars per session. That's real therapy from licensed professionals at a price that actually makes sense. Rula knows that finding the right therapists can make all the different. Rula considers your goals, preferences, and background to provide you a curated list of licensed in network therapists who are actually aligned with what you need. No wait lists, no frustrating back and forth. Rula makes it easy to find a mental health provider who is accepting new patients and appointments are available as soon as tomorrow. Plus, Ruler sticks with you throughout your journey, checking in to make sure your care is helping you move forward. Go to rula dot com slash drama to get started today. That's our Ula dot com slash drama for quality therapy that's covered by insurance. If I had a cash app back in the nineties when I was a teen, I could have been so financially smart and independent. I would have been able to afford my own discman. I could have bought all the Depeche Mode CDs. I wanted I could buy lava lamps. I mean, you name it, scrunchies, you guys. I would have been so awesome financially, it's not even funny. But that didn't exist. But guess what for all the parents out there with teenagers, we know you're already trying to keep a million different things under control. So cash app is here to make sure your teen's money and their spending isn't adding to that craziness. Cash App is designed to meet teens aged thirteen to seventeen where they are with intuitive educational tools. This is available through sponsorship by an eligible parent or guardian. Teens gain access to a personalized cash App card that comes in different colors and patterns to fit their style, and the ability to instantly access money from family and friends. How cool is that cash app makes managing money feel easier and just honestly super cool then other options out there. This is what I love about it. It can help teens develop real world financial habits in a space that's safe and easy to navigate with all of your oversight and approval. Say your teens getting their first job, well, cash app can get them access to their paychecks up to two days early and can help them achieve personalized savings goals that they can set themselves, all within the app. With cash App, there are no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements, and no hidden charges when sending or receiving money with the cash app card, you and your teen's balances receive twenty four to seven fraud monitoring, and if something ever feels off, you have the ability to lock their card right from your phone in just one tap. For a limited time, new cash App customers can earn ten dollars if they use code family ten in their profile at sign up and send five dollars to a friend within fourteen days. Terms apply. Skip the stress and give your team a way to learn financial responsibility with no hidden fees. Download cash App and get started today. Terms apply. Cash app is a financial service platform, not a bank. Banking services provided by cash apps bank partners, prepaid debit cards issued by Sutton Bank member a FDIC direct deposit and promotions provided by cash App, a block ink brand. Visit cash app Slash Legal Slash podcasts for full disclosures. All right, Well that's it for below deck med Let's get into McBee is here. Wow Wow we have another standoff. We've got god so many I mean, well actually between Masha and Galina at the very end of course. And then we also had that get together with Galina and Brooke, which went surprisingly perfect, amazing. Yeah, now I gotta say, brook look fabulous. She looked like a completely different person.
Speaker 1: I know, I like her cut.
Speaker 3: Her haircut looks great. Does she look more different to you than then she did?
Speaker 4: Do you feel like I wouldn't have recognized her. I would kind of recognized her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so maybe it like what it was. Besides, I feel like it was glp's and a haircut. Am I wrong? Oh she seems like she's so thin.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I didn't clock that. To me, it was just like, oh, this is life after Steve McBee. This is life here. I am.
Speaker 3: I'm like GLPS, but no, life after Steve is probably Cure's everything, and it's just a wellness altogether. But that was so interesting the way that that went down. It's like they both it was like a debate club in a way. They both had their time on the clock. It was like, all right, Brooke, you've got sixty seconds on the clock. Go ahead, Okay, well you know, these are lives that you that you don't consider and your actions and my family was affected and so on and so forth. And with that, time is up. Okay, and Galina, you've got sixty seconds on the clock. And she she basically just said that the whole time.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I thought that she handled it really well. Also, she did seem to take responsibility and apologized, and I don't know, she just she did a good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the Christy McBee Galina stuff and now the Brook and Galina stuff, Like I do I know that Galina.
Speaker 1: Really and truly was hoping to have a good conversation with Masha. There's something about whatever work Galina's doing on.
Speaker 4: Herself that seems like that Brooke conversation was great, like yeah, and I was like, Okay, I can see the growth here. I can see the evolution with Galina. I don't think it's ever gonna happen with Masha.
Speaker 3: No, it's just different because like, yeah, Brooke says that she thought she was in an exclusive relationship and that she did not know, like so she was pretty much kept in the dark, which makes sense, you know, And Galina realizes that she was also kept in the dark. And it was just fully, fully, completely Steve. That was the problem with Masha. Masha was aware because they were friends first. So it's like a completely different story, even though Masha likes to say she didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, permission to speak about Watch what Happens Live.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Watch what Happens Live? Because I mean, there was a star on last night and it wasn't Asia, it was Coal. It was Cole. He was there.
Speaker 1: And Casey in the audience, Casey was in.
Speaker 3: The opera chair.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, So I really don't I mean, and this is just Cole's brain because he's like, you know, he's just not that worldly. But he's like, oh, I think Galena is obsessed with my dad because she keeps talking to his exes And I'm like, no, dude, Like she's working through it, and like your dad is not just a train wreck.
Speaker 1: He is like a pile up of trains. Like look at the wake. I mean, it's crazy the women and what he's done with them and emotionally and like good on Galina to like go through and like try to find herself and work on things. Yeah, but he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Get that, No, he doesn't. And also He's not going to blame his dad. He's going to protect his dad, you know, I mean, yeah, just so stupid, because like, what do you have nothing to gain from it. Your dad isn't actually in prison. They should probably prove more that he doesn't tell the truth.
Speaker 4: Well, you know why, they really probably can't because Galina probably did, I mean alleged, Gleina was running all the books, and Gleina is keeping that farm. It kept that farm going. So I'm sure that Gallina knows a lot more and actually really did probably protect McBee the all of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, my god, that's such an interesting point. I never even thought about that because everyone in the family, including Christie, seems to really not have a problem with Galina right now, and they are making a point this season to say, you know, especially like Casey and Allie. Allie's he like, oh, Gallina checks on us every week, she calls us, you know, she's she's really there for the boys, and and Christie's.
Speaker 5: Like, OHI you know, I have a problem with Gallina. I don't even really care. Yeah, yeah, it was steep.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I know what, but like, they don't really have a problem with Glena and they feel bad for her because of the Masha thing, which.
Speaker 4: Yes a lot, and they fully depend on her and her accounting because I think her accounting years ago was instrumental in saving the farm prior to all this shit going down and then who knows what it is now. But I do think like they owe a lot to Galina and they know it. They don't know shit to Masha.
Speaker 3: No, they sure don't. When they're at Galina's house and they tell her Alli and Casey and they tell her that Masha tried to give away her stuff, and she's like, she had the audacity to go through my stuff. I mean, I thought she was gonna lose her mind. I was like, Alie Casey, maybe not say like, maybe present this a little softer and a little kinder the way you're just laughing it off. Oh yeah, she tried to give us your stuff. It's all out. And I was like, oh my god, this is going to be so triggering. The way that Galina starts to you can hear the thunder in her head and the lightning bolts coming out of her eyes when like, you can feel the rage within her when things like this happens.
Speaker 1: I can't believe she didn't get up and go over there and.
Speaker 4: Just like hang on, because that's usually what she does.
Speaker 3: Okay, excuse me, I have to use powser room just leaves grabs all the bats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because even of all the times, this time would be like that's my shit, I've got to go get it, like that would be the most like understandable. Yeah, in terms of her logic. And she was like, okay.
Speaker 3: It must be too far away. But because like that was the first time we were at Galena's house. And then so the girls walk in, they're like, wow, we've never been here before, Like this is where Steve put his former mistress up in this place, this condo. You know, we've never and we got that flashback. I forgot like Steve and Galina were building a house together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so I forgot about that too.
Speaker 3: Is that the house?
Speaker 1: I mean? Is that where they live? Is that where Masha and Steve live?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I I think so where she was.
Speaker 1: Walking around seemed way bigger than where Masha and Steve lived.
Speaker 3: I know it did.
Speaker 1: No, it can't lodge.
Speaker 3: It has to be right, because where is that? Where's that building? They don't talk about it. They're not like, must sell broken hearted love nests immediately, you know, they don't talk about it has to be that lodge.
Speaker 1: I guess it has to be, but I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: This is the thing with the McBee money and all that, like ranch money, it's.
Speaker 1: I never know, like you kind of have property forever, but you're broke and then you build these but you always have a ton of money. Like I never get the economics.
Speaker 3: I mean in business, I agree, across business in general. When people are like even just like when we watch Atlanta and the ladies are like, I'm declaring bankruptcy and I just am launching my new line. I'm like, but how why, like how is this working for you all? You know? I mean I understand that there are ways to do it and things of that nature. But and they're like, oh, that's just part of business. You know. You just close one company, you open another, you get another loan. But obviously they didn't do it right, you know, clearly because there there are some other lingering problems. Because even on watch it Happens Live, when Andy was like, well, you know, you guys doing well because you know you sold HQ, you sold all this stuff, you got seven million, And Cole was like, well, you know, there's other things too, and and he's like, but I thought that that's what the seven million was for, Like aren't you fine now? And he was like, oh, you know, there's other stuff. And so it just seems like it's never ending. It sounds like other things have been turned over and I.
Speaker 1: Know, yes, and then thirty five thousand dollars wedding ring.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm and I get that there's personal money in business money, but but to our earlier thought, where what house was that that they were building? And look at Cole's fucking house, Like that thing's insane.
Speaker 3: It's insanking.
Speaker 4: So I guess, like I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying that kind of math and money is always I'm always like, I have follow up questions Galina.
Speaker 3: I do too, and I Galina might have some skeletons in the closet also about this company. You know what I'm saying. She may have been bearing some bodies. I don't know in Russia, by the way.
Speaker 4: But to your to Russia, did you hear Andy say, why why are all.
Speaker 1: These Russian women showing up in Missouri. I was like, thank you for asking.
Speaker 4: I thank you for asking Cole Andy the dumbest of the bunch, because he's gonna say some shit that's gonna end. But Cole's like, I don't know, but he kind of did. He's like, oh, I think they just end up landing on my dad's land. And I'm like, I need to know everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder that's because he placed an order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I go back to last season when somebody was like chasing them down at that when they were in the Ozarks or wherever Steve McBee was, remember, there was like Masha showed up with somebody that seemed pretty threatening. So I'm like, allegedly, allegedly, very.
Speaker 3: Curious, allegedly allegedly where there's smoke, there's fire, and there are a lot here in California, thankfully not one near us today.
Speaker 1: But right now maybe right now, don't say that right.
Speaker 3: But Galina and Masha when they talked, and Ali like basically was like bringing Russian package over copy and then like she basically brings her in and then they're they're having this conversation and it started to be okay, you know the way that Galina was like, I trusted you affected me daughter, not's good, I will kill But then by the end she's like you also not on my level. Aha, parish by the Russian sword like she we knew she couldn't go the distance, you know what I mean, but she got some stuff out. What were your thoughts on their interaction?
Speaker 1: Well, Masha, what the fuck like you are? Masha?
Speaker 4: You are here, yes, because you were Galida's friend, But Masha, you are here because Galina ran the books for the mcbees. Like it's not like she's being supported by some man's mind, Like, yeah, she you everything that you have right now, Masha is because of galina Glena business. Yes, so shut up it like it drove me nuts, right, I almost while I was watching it was like, hang on and got in my little car and drove to Missouri.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you, and took it back to Masha's camera.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Galina was like, do you know that movie The Other Woman? It's so funny, romantic comedy.
Speaker 1: I love it all.
Speaker 3: I am. I am not Cameron Diaz, she is, well, she started. I think she maybe even said like, you know Cameron Diaz me, but probably not other actress. Well, who's the other one, Leslie Leslie Man, Yeah, Leslie Man, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I God, I forgot about that movie until Glina talked about it.
Speaker 3: But yes, oh I know, and and and I'm just like, okay, so it's Galina and it's like just recasting the whole thing. And Leslie Man's like, I mean, Steve McBee used to be like my husband. I mean, I don't know, I used to do like a Leslie Man impressions so many years ago. And I was trying to, like, you know, bring it up from the depths of my soul. But I think it's gone. I think it died. AnyWho, So let's discuss Allie and Jesse.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, oh, I bet is Amy seeing a door open? I wonder how Amy feels.
Speaker 3: Amy feels great? No, I'm kidding. I So when they went on that date night, you know how, there was like a note, a tented note on top of their table that said like thank you for dining.
Speaker 1: With us or whatever, and the other one said happy anniversary.
Speaker 3: Oh right, those were from me and I put them there, and inside was a note to Jesse, so I hope he got it. It was basically like if you're reading this, Jesse, I'm available, even though I'm married and I live in Santa Clarita and have one child. If you need any help or a shoulder to cry on, and oh I'm here for you, come on over or you just can fly me in, no problem. I'll stay at Galina's pondo. And so I haven't heard back yet, but I think that's probably because he didn't maybe see that message inside.
Speaker 4: Not yet, not yet, but you know what, he's seeing the message in here, in this inside in his heart.
Speaker 1: You've also left a message there.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Emily. No, I am kind of bumped. I can't tell if they are exaggerating this for the sake of a storyline or if they really are in a little bit of trouble. Like, honestly, because I'm so used to housewives, right, I can't one hundred percent tell sometimes on this show what is real and what is like really exaggerated. So I agree, what do you think? Like do you I just feel like they're probably fine and they're just exaggerating. Well yeah, I mean they're busy because they have this new baby and like Steve went to prison, and so they don't see each other a lot, and they have this new baby, so like that's normal stress on couples, but like, is it any more than that? Probably not where I'm like, I, yes, I think it's exaggerated, but I don't think either of them are actors.
Speaker 4: So that's why I'm like, yeah, I don't know how long that they could play that and make it look natural.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think you're right, because when they're talking, it does seem real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's like.
Speaker 3: You're here tonight. They're on their date night and apparently he went and played golf that day and got drunk all day. So that's a legitimate reason to be pissed off if you're like looking forward to a date night with your partner and then they went and day drinked. They're leaving you with like the scraps of who they are. You're not going to get quality time if someone's like going to be doing hair of the Dog at dinner.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So she's off about that already.
Speaker 4: But she is how you would be if you don't want to appeer pissed off on reality TV. She's kind of like and that's what I was, like, this feels very real. Yeah, you know, like the old acting thing where it's like, if you're going to act drunk in a scene, the thing you do is you are trying so hard to not appear drunk and not take the drinking thing out. In this scene, she is really angry, but she's doing everything she can to not appear angry and she's not acting.
Speaker 3: That's why I think it's pretty that's it nailed it. I yeah, okay, okay. And some of the side comments that they were making to each other very passive aggressive.
Speaker 4: And oh exactly, but they're not below the belt. They're not like right, they they care the cameras are there, they care that they're being listened to.
Speaker 1: They're very guarded, and it is so tense.
Speaker 3: And that dinner was probably two hours long, so it was like every once in a while there was probably like maybe two passive aggressive comments and like a little bit of tension. But when you squeeze all that together, it makes it look very real. And then in their confessionals, Ali said it's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and then Jesse's saying, like, you know, it's hard, and he compares their relationships, their relationship to like, I think did he say Steve and Alli, which I'm like, please don't do that, you know, But anyway, okay, well listen, I do want to talk about Cole and Casey because this was an amazing engagement. I mean, I thought it was one of the best engagements I've seen on reality television. I thought it was amazing. It was beautiful, it was emotional. I love seeing Christy and Casey's mom get, you know, on the sidelines, like watching and getting teary. And I love that their baby, Blair was there and then she was on the ground in the background when they were like hugging, and she was just like looking so cute in front of like will you marry me?
Speaker 4: The sign I got terrified about Blair eating like a hundred rose petals.
Speaker 1: I was like, get that baby away from those rose petals.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's all I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking about, Like what she's gonna eat those?
Speaker 3: Blair.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I mean it was nice.
Speaker 4: I'm just not a big Coal fan because like even the asides he's saying during his interview while we're watching this, and he's like, I mean, she's got to take me because I'm the only one that put up with her shit, you know, you know, I'm you know, the only one Casey.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, you are talking. You run your little mouth all.
Speaker 3: The time, little mouth, little mouth.
Speaker 1: You're so lucky. Casey's still here, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Why did I hear that different? Why did I hear it that he was saying, I'm so lucky to have her. No one else can put up with my shit.
Speaker 1: He may have said that.
Speaker 4: But then he like immediately, but he also said her, oh really, and you know, like her moods, no one else is going to put up with that.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, dude, well, I mean, look, maybe she does have moods. We don't see him. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, she's perfect.
Speaker 3: No, she is perfect. Okay, she is perfect. She is perfect. I love.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I just we have seen so much of Cole's weird shit that I'm like.
Speaker 3: No, but we've seen too much Cole, like, way too much that we don't. And I'm glad because it makes us hardcore fans of Casey, which I'm happy to be over in that in that category. But the way that they did this at the SPA and she seemed completely shocked, and that is hard to do and she even said, like usually she can sense something's going on, and she didn't. I mean, what an amazing surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe she didn't, like clock their ten very clear distinct pickup trucks in the lot, Like that's what I was like, you guys are all gonna drive there in your dumb trucks and she's gonna know.
Speaker 1: Oh everyone's here.
Speaker 3: Oh they did it right, they parked them at bike Honey.
Speaker 4: I love her and Alie One's friendship. Yes, sister in law, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, they're they're great. They're gonna stand the test of time. Also, next week's little teaser is saying, remember how last week I was like her tallow business could literally save their entire asses, their entire company. That's gonna be the money maker. And did you see the teaser for next week where Steve Junior said, like, I.
Speaker 5: Don't we got to get around on that because I don't know Kaysey knows. I don't known it because they gotta give them like it could be big for our company.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, yeah, it's going to be a big problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like I don't know if Alie one and Jesse will be married for a long time because if she's unhappy and he's unhappy, I would hope that they, you know, figure that out.
Speaker 4: But I need her to stay around long enough to make sure that she's protected financially in the marriage, and Ali one and Casey is protected financially, like and their kids.
Speaker 1: After that, Like, do what you need to do. But I just need Ali one and Casey to like the dynamic duo, to work with Christy McBee in terms of protecting them and the kids and then do what you needed.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure, I will absolutely do that. I will totally do that. I love those girls like my own. I love them, I love him, I love them.
Speaker 3: I did find it very funny that Steve Junior used his ball shaver on his face. I thought that was very funny that he even said that, because he seems like the kind of guy that just wants to be mister perfect all the time and not like goofy or look like an idiot. But that's really gross, and he admitted that, and I appreciate that. And then also Casey saying about Steve and Allie too that Casey's like, I don't want Steven to get hurt, which she genuinely meant that, and I thought, Wow, she really cares about this family and she cares about him. And Alie said, I don't want him to scare her away, and I was like, now, that's what you should be worried about.
Speaker 1: But I also loved that Casey clocked the love bombing. I thought that was I was surprised that she could clock that with Steve, like and the way he's working it with Ali like going so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even think about that. I didn't think about that. It's because he's going in so hard. She's concerned that because of that, it is the love bombing. Yeah, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Cole calling a gazebo a zamboni and or the pentagon.
Speaker 3: That was the greatest moment ever. And I loved it and I couldn't wait for you to see it. When I was texting you last night, I wanted so badly to feel like he called a gazebo zamboni. It's so awesome. It's great. That's what I want out of this. And the ring was great. It was awesome. Oh oh, and not only the zamboni and gazebo thing, but when they were doing the just engaged sign and He's like, it's I in. He engaged, It's in. And then they like let that moment sit there and they're like figuring and I was like, no, no, you're you're right. It as Ian only.
Speaker 1: They googled it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like tapped it out like, uh, so good. It was so good. I was like, this is these are our boys, and I'm happy happy, I'm happy to be here because, like you know what, they don't need to know all that stuff. It's fine. This is why we love the MICB boys. Even though it was Bryden. And then the farm hand guy, right.
Speaker 1: I can't remember his name, not Uncle Jimmy, It's Jake.
Speaker 3: Jake. There you go, Snake, Jake the Snake.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that when they Jake the Snake? Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Did you notice when they were pulling out of the lot they didn't have the tin candle buckets that Steve McBee brought right, but they.
Speaker 1: Had the strings on the back of the truck. So did they messed off?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think they must have either either messed up, didn't have time, or I don't know. I was gonna say maybe they were too loud. But no, they wouldn't have taken him off because they're too loud.
Speaker 1: Scream. Yeah. Also, it's like, what do you got there, Steve Junior, what do you got there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You just hit up of Michael's on the way here. What are these candle buckets? No, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Great. So one of those candle buckets cut loose, it would take out your windshield behind you, it would take out somebody's windshield.
Speaker 3: They're dangerous, they're reckless. That's probably why they weren't on there. It's probably now now you're making sense now before you are of them?
Speaker 1: What do you guys?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Suit and it's just cans, guys, it's just empty cans.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, we're gonna wrap up. We're gonna leave it. We're gonna leave it there for now, and we're gonna come back later this week with more Orange County is starting this week. Can't wait to cover that, And thank you guys so much for listening. Always as usual, please give us five stars, follow, subscribe, and if you want to watch this podcast or listen to it ad free or both, move on over to patreon dot com. Slash Drama Darling and Thank you so much for being here. By EMS bye.
Speaker 1: This was a seven star service.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seven stars, we really shine.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna jump in pretend like you're stabbing me. I'm a dragon. I'm a dragon.