Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let chintako one O one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right up? Final day to try to win yourself a trip out to Vegas. Join us out later this month for the iHeartRadio Music Festival. If you win this, want so throw a thousand bucks in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Trip to Vegas for you and a guest.
Speaker 2: Nine oh five will be the first chance of the day. All right, here we go, let's begin been the Florida Panhandle where an Alabama man has died after a Florida hospital he went to removed his wrong organ.
Speaker 1: Oh is this the what spleen and liver or something like that.
Speaker 2: Seventy year old William Bryan from Muscle Sholes, Alabama, and his wife were visiting their condo that they owned in a Florida Panhandle when Brian began feeling a sharp pain in his left side. He was admitted to a local hospital to have his spleen removed. Instead, is taco you intimated? Uh? They removed his liver by mistake. Man, His family's lawyer says, Brian died of catastrophic blood loss and called it one of the most aggrecious, egregious cases of medical malpractice that he's ever seen. The hospital says it doesn't comment on active litigation, which, okay, understand.
Speaker 1: I know it's hard, according to Jeff Kaufman, to find a lawyer that will know another medical professional DA, but even a lawyer that'll pick up a case like this because it's so hard to get the medical person. Yes, I think I don't think this lawyer is going to have too difficult of a time finding someone too. That was my point. I think this one should be a home run slam of jama I think we're going grand slam on this sundaitch right here. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: All right, let's spoil this down to the real life situation there in the surgical suite. All right, bring him in. What do we got here? What do we got here?
Speaker 1: Well, you got a guy who needs a spleen removed.
Speaker 2: Are you sure this says spleen? Yeah? That looks this doctor's handwriting is hard to read. Uh, this isn't my handwriting. This is another doctor's hand that says liver.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's that l is versus the Ellen spleen.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at his liver. This guy looks like he hits the bottle pretty hard. Well, you know it is in Panhandle area. Let's take the liver out, all right, Come on, seriously, that was alleged. By the way, we're not accusing any docs of drinking up there. But well no, not the doctor, the guy. Yeah, that's why this is.
Speaker 2: Simply Yes, this is uh, we're trying to play out a possible scenario. Do they look like I'm the wrong person to ask that question?
Speaker 1: A spleen and a liver, go, I think exactly, Pat, I think the spleen looks like it's like skinny, like a worm.
Speaker 2: Is the split? What? What's the organ that doesn't do much anything?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's the damn U what is it called? It's your gallbladder?
Speaker 2: No, maybe it is? Is it the spleen? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The spleen? Is this one?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: You know, if I want to see medical.
Speaker 1: Pictures, no, no, no, no, door, it's just see it's that little one right there. So it looks kind of like a worm. But the wow, what is it? It's gallbladder? Yes, gallbladder? Yeah, and then they take it out, you know, and you don't get gallstones anymore.
Speaker 2: All Right, I want to run this one by you, nap master.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: We got a forty year old Japanese man. He's a uh, he's dad, and he's also a bodybuilder, and he claims that he is believes he's more than doubled his life expectancy by only sleeping half an hour per night.
Speaker 1: Over the last twelve years. He's out of his mind.
Speaker 2: A psyche Hurry from Osaka has trained his body in mind to function normally and not feel tired. He relies, I'm staying active and drinking caffeine to remain alert throughout his twenty three and a half hour days. He believes that people benefit more from high quality sleep than from long sleep. I'm all about the high quality sleep with the power naps. That's what I started with as a child. You know, like thirty minutes. I can even pull off a twenty, but those were naps. This guy's out of his mind. He's going to double his life expectancy, and he's he's staying awake with caffeine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great for you. Why didn't you just start doing some Japanese cocaine? Sir, be about the same thing for your expectancy. Well maybe not.
Speaker 2: He can't seem to really can't find many sleep experts who this is their area of you know that they focus on that from the guidance that you should try to get between seven and nine hours of sleep a night.
Speaker 1: Appendix is the one that we don't use.
Speaker 2: Pat Is that what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thank you? At two two five, we're removing all sorts of stuff that you don't know. We're just playing doctor and we're getting a whole bunch of am right. You remember the old game Doctors.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, operation operation it. The guy's nose would light up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and well good luck with your I would you even want to be awake twenty three and a half hours a day if you could.
Speaker 1: Be, No, because at some point you'd have to see news, you know, like the news, and there's so much negative news out there.
Speaker 2: You would have watched everything possible on the streaming services.
Speaker 1: You would have watched Godzilla like forty five times.
Speaker 2: Just stereotype TKO.
Speaker 1: You said I was doing that yesterday with Japan, and there's me and me and Japan are tight bro.
Speaker 2: Okay, So excited start to the NFL season. Last night with thee what we thought was going to be a game of potential tying and or winning touchdown being called a nog and the Chiefs prevail, striking while the iron's hot. Hallmark Channel, we told you this was coming. They rolled out the advertising in the run up to their holiday touchdown, A Chief's Love Story, which is going to have its premiere Saturday, November thirty Now for the first time ever, Hallmark and the Kansas City Chiefs, whoa leave it on the field? How about that holiday touchdown?
Speaker 1: Chiefs Love Story?
Speaker 2: All News Saturday, November thirtieth, part of Countdown to Christmas, only on Hallmark Channel. I'm just going to say this. I'm just going to say it. I know it may not be a popular opinion. I'm at the point where I'm putting Kansas City in all things Kansas City, even including their barbecue style, on the list. Nod enough of this place.
Speaker 1: There are my it's people like you that make it worse by paying attention to it. Kansas City has been my Super Bowl winning team, my pick every year for about ten years now, so you can't just put them on the list. Just don't do news stories on it.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Chief's love story has nothing to do with Travis and Taylor, although the Kelsey mom Donna is in it. You can see the trail. I put the trailer if you have to see that. If you're you can stomach it.
Speaker 1: See there, he goes, publicizing even more. Pat must have a little investment in Hallmark. I thought you don't like Hallmark cards. I thought you don't like cards in general. They're all fluff. You and your wife don't buy each other cards because you think they're fluffing something.
Speaker 2: We buy each other cards, but we have now decided that the cards will come from the ninety nine set bend. Oh of course there's no I'm not this whole crap. Six seven eight dollars for a greeting card. Yeah, that's lame. I'm going back to the handwritten ones like you make as a kid. Yeah, for your mommy.
Speaker 1: Happy twenty fifth anniversary. I love you, and I'll put like an N backwards. It looks cutesy and so go. You're drinking again more. We need your liver Outchaco on demand download the iHeartRadio app