Speaker 1: Hey, you there, thanks for tuning in. You're ready for another episode of My big Foot Sighting. All right, then let's do this.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of rundown no horse towns where the church at the backbone, laws and the bow and the fasting melodies cove in with the bomb man rose with the roofs run deep beyond the nose of the.
Speaker 1: Busy streets, with the songs.
Speaker 2: Of the South of su Then when I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out I Don't Run from Banjung music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've had a Bigfoot sighting and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com and let me know.
Speaker 1: My big siding happened in nineteen eighty. It was the first time that I was exposed to something that I thought was a myth. My high school time in Kentucky, I spent in ROTC program and there were three of my buddies who went camping with me on top of the ridge out behind my house in Greenup County, Kentucky. About three o'clock in the morning, the rain started and it kind of washed us out. So as young high school kids, we packed up and started walking back through the timber road that was all grass at the time. It was about knee high, I would say. And we had just started out, and we noticed every time that we would take a step, it was something to our right. It was out of our view with a flashlight, and it was in the woods, but it was paralleling us through the woods. As we walked. This thing would walk. We would take a couple of steps and you could feel the ground move. You could hear the thud of the foot of the footsteps on the ground. So we would stop and then we could hear this thing take a couple of steps before it stopped. Then we looked at each other. We started walking again, and it began to walk as well, still paralleling us in the woods. We stopped, and then it would take a couple of steps and stop, and like I said, even out of our view, you could still feel and you could actually feel the ground as if you were standing next to a walking elephant or something like that. I mean, that's the best that I can describe from my personal view with this. At that point, it was the time that we all just looked at each other and said we need to run. So we took off running on the grass road. And as soon as we took off, this thing kept paralleling us in the woods. But this time it was moving fast. Not only was it moving fast, you could hear it, and then it started snapping trees. It was just like getting stuff out of its way. And you talk about young kid's panticin here. It is dark. We're trying to run with flashlights in the rain, in the middle of the woods, and I'm about a mile from our house, or from my house where I lived, and we just took off. It was just like we knew we had to make it to my house. We finally made it to my house and we came in. You know, it's like three point fifteen, three thirty in the morning by now, and my parents get up, and you know, we're soaking wet. So my friends are like getting towels and they come in the living room and they start crashing on the couch and I get dried off, and I go into my bedroom and I sit down on my bed, and five feet away from me is the window to my bedroom. And I sat down on the bed just thinking of what I just went through trying to run from this thing, and I look up on the window. And it was the largest hand I've ever seen in my life. Dark color, like either a dark brown or a black color, palm of a hand and guesstimating distance a foot wide at the palm from like little finger to thumbside about a foot wide. The interesting thing is that you could I could see the hair draping off this arm, and it was the best I can describe it, as if somebody had like a choir robe on, and if you stick your hand out, the choir robe drapes off the end of your hand. But it was it was hair, and it was it was that long and men A froze. Not only did I just get chased through the woods by something that was really big that we couldn't see, but now I can see what it is. And then setting there looking at this it lasts like five seconds, and is that as if it knew that I was there looking at it, And then it just pulled its hand back off the window. I couldn't move. I mean, I literally froze. That was my first interaction hearing it, hearing it trail us in the woods, knowing that it's just followed us to my house about a mile away. And now it shows up outside my house and it's outside my bedroom window, and I'm sitting there just in shock and froze, and I get up and I walk into the living room and I'm like, you will not believe what just happened outside the window. And I tell my buddies the story, and I tell my mom and dad the story. And that was my first interaction with a bigfoot. There's no other there's no other way to describe it as anything else. And since that time, my freshman year in high school, I've basically been obsessed with asking everybody around here if they've ever had interactions, And you would not believe the amount of interactions with people in Greenup County having sightings of bigfoot. And then eventually you've catch something else. It's like, well, it's like a bigfoot, but it had pointy years and a long snout and the tail, and it's like, wow, we have those here too. So yeah, that's my first interaction with a bigfoot. I'd like to say that my name is Doug Messer. I live in Greenup County, Kentucky, on the city limit of Flatwoods, Kentucky, and nineteen eighty was the first the first time I was exposed to this and didn't have another interaction until much later. And I have a sister who's ten years younger than me. At high school, when I graduated, I went straight into the military. And when I came back from the military, I was in a conversation with somebody and my younger sister was there, and she made a comment about her interaction with a bigfoot, and I just kind of looked at her because I've never told my sister anything about this. And she said that when she was a kid, when I was gone, because she was like eight or nine years old, because I was already gone out of the house, that her and her friends in the neighborhood would play spotlight tag. Wells where we live is really close to the tree line for the county, outside the city limits, because we lived on a dead end street. Then she proceeded to tell me, She's like, we were playing spotlight tag and we were up here on the hill and we were hiding crowds down and somebody behind us up on the hill a little ways started throwing rocks, small rocks or small pieces of wood, and we're like, who was that? You know, who's playing spotlight tag? That's up on the hill farther than us. That's throwing stuff at us. She said. I was sitting there, and she said I had enough because people were starting to get like tagged with like little pebbles and rocks. It didn't hurt, but it was just annoying. She said. I stood up and turned around, and I'm like, would you please stop throwing rocks? And she said that's when I saw it. It was about twenty five or thirty feet away, and when it stood up, she said, it was the size of like a four by eight sheet of plywood. She was just like it was wide and tall and solid black. She said, when I stood when I turned turned around, or when it stood up. After I turned around, all the other kids stood up and turned around, and then we all ran. We ran back to the house, and that was the last time that we ever played spotlight tag in the woods beside the house. Now, you have to remember, I didn't know anything about this for the longest time. So when I came back out of the military, I came back to that to this same exact house that I grew up in. Both of my parents had passed away, and I got this house back and a neighbor saw me out in the yard and yelled at me, and he called me by my dad's name because we look we look alike. So this guy who lived two properties over from me, that actually lives in the exact same place that my sister had her citing an interaction, started talking with me, and I'm like, hey, man, i've been you know, I've been gone for twenty years. What's the craziest thing that you've had happen around here since since I've been gone? He said, if I tell you that story, you won't believe me. And I'm like, well, try me, because I've gathered some very interesting stories over the year. And after my first interaction, he proceeds to tell me that he had he and his wife had horses and they were in the woods fenced him in the woods behind the house. He said, I was here and my horse was on top of the hill and it was going crazy, just yelling. You know, I'm not yelling, but naying and just being loud, and something was going on, he said, and then all of a sudden it quit. He said, I had to I had a feeling, man, I needed to go check on my horse. It's what I got in my side beside or atv that he had at the time, and he goes up on the on top of the hill, which is the ridge, the same ridge. He said, Doug, I'm not lying to you when I tell you that when I get past a cemetery, that's another interesting thing. There's a cemetery up there, he said. When I got past a cemetery to where my horse was on the other side of the fence, he said, I looked up and the rear legs of my horse was like three feet off the ground. Something had picked my horse up put the front legs through the fork of a tree. He said. The only thing I can think of is this horse was trying to struggle and get out, and it beat its head on the tree and may have accidentally, you know, ended itself that way, or something else did, he said. But I was outside the entire time this was going on, because this horse was just giving up, you know, making making a lot of noise, and then all of a sudden it was quiet, and I'm like, I mean, I'm just sitting there soaking this in. And he's looking at me, like trying to see my reaction, and he's like, what do you believe me, and I'm like, man, I tell you about my story. And then I proceeded to tell him my story from the same location. Now we actually ran through this property. On our interaction, He's like, I kid you not. He said, I had to go rent a tractor or borrow a tractor from somebody to get my horse out of this tree. He said. I have no explanation of how that horse got there, he said, but it was very disturbing. So we had a slight conversation, you know, just to catch up. But that's how the conversation started. And believe me, I'm I'm beyond doing small talk with things. When I when you get a trigger word or in a conversation that somebody says something is like, oh yeah, well, let me ask you a question. Have you ever had you ever seen or heard anything that you can't explain in the woods. And that's what opens up the conversation for these people to start telling, you know, telling things that have happened or things that they can't explain. So the interesting thing is on the other side of this ridge, which is about two and a half miles away, there's another road. I didn't know this that my sister told me later that the people over there had goats. They heard their goats making a bunch of noise, and they went They went out and found their goats with their front legs broken. They weren't dead, but their front legs were broken, just like laying on the ground struggling. Which is interesting because that leads into other stories that I've been told by hunters who they have found deer with their legs snapped in half so they couldn't run. It's like, I really don't want to eat you right now, but I'll come back and get you when I when I need to. That's the first thing that pops into my head. So all of these stories that I'm telling you right now are all on one piece of property, or parallel or intersect or connected to the proximity of this one piece of property. I don't know how long, but there are stories has been going on. I just know that my story started in nineteen eighty. But I catch all these stories from my neighbors that live around me, and that's the first time that they've spoken about it. Last summer, driving on the access road to come on the other side of the ridge where I'm at is a farm where they're building a pole barn and these guys are out there putting it up and I'm talking with them and he's like, yeah, this is my grandfather's farm. He's been here forever. I'm like, okay, man, I got to ask do you hunt? And he's like, yeah, I've found this property all my life. And I'm like, have you heard or seen anything that you can't explain? He's like like, what are you talking about. I'm like, just anything, Like you need to talk to my grandfather because he swears he had a bigfoot interaction in the eighties. So it kind of matches like time frame of all this stuff that was going on, and it's in like a two mile I would say, like a two mile radius. Now we are very populated. I say very populated for a rural community. I mean we have ten thousand people in town and there's other small pockets of towns all around us. So there's not like large, vast quantities of wilderness. But man, there's all kinds of stuff that goes on here. I have one lady that I went to church with. I still get a church with her. She's still a friend of mine. But we were in a casual conversation with somebody else and I told my story and she's like, you don't actually believe in that, right. I'm like, well, you know, I don't judge. I don't judge people for what they believe in, but you know, and she laughed at me and she said, well, that's really interesting that you had that interaction. Now, not knowing but she took her grandson with her to Grayson Lake, which is Carter County, which is the next county, Ober and they went on a hiking trail. Needless to say, I get this phone call around Sunday at five o'clock from the same lady who is panicking on the phone, and the only words that she could say was I believe you. I believe you. I believe you. I believe what you saw and I might hold up what are you okay? She said, uh, we're finding out. I'm like, what do you mean, I'm fine now. She said, we just had an interaction and I said okay, and she said, we just saw a bigfoot and I'm like what she said, we just saw a bigfoot really, And of course I'm like, okay, tell me what happened. She says, we parked the car at the trailhead at Grayson Lake at the campground, and then there's a trail that comes off the campground. She said. We start walking. She said. We're probably on the trail for about one hundred yards, she said, to my grandson's in front of me, and we're walking along, and she said, and just out of the blue, I got sick. She said. I had a sick feeling in my stomach. She said, it was just like it just hit me instantly, and I yelled at my grandson to stop. She said. I just had a feeling, she said, but mostly it was a sick feeling in my gut. It's like it stopped me in my tracks. And then I started to feel that something was watching me. And then I could feel that something was actually watching me, and not very far away. She said. I started to panic because my grandson's probably twenty five feet thirty feet ahead of her on the trail, and she starts scanning around, not moving. She just actually just frozen, stopped where she was at. She said. I turned to my left real quick, and that's when I saw it. And it ran from behind the tree to another clump of trees, she said, and it was dark color on two legs tall, like eight nine feet tall, maybe, She said, I was just sick. When my grandson turned, she said, he looked the same direction that I was looking at it. He came running to me, and I grabbed his hand and we ran back. So you have to remember, you know, we're one hundred yards in the woods from the car. She said. I didn't look back, I didn't do anything. I just held onto his hand and ran to the car. She said. The first thing when I got to the car is, oh my god. I got to call Doug because she had made fun of me before before my interaction or my story. So now she sends me stuff on you know, on social media. We share stories all the time. But you know, it took that for her to be a believer. So and I can understand when people say, you don't actually believe in that stuff, because until you've had an interaction, until you've seen one five feet away, or until you've heard something or heard it in the woods, or you know, had an interaction yourself that you can't explain, and you see it and it's like you know in your mind what it is, there's no question, but they exist, and once you have an interaction it to me, It changed me forever. But it also I think it changes everybody's perspective on what's real, what's not real, what's there, what's still out there? And you know, after that interaction with her, it was interesting because she and I has somebody to talk to about it. So that was that was three stories right there. That's all not too far way. In Carter County, which is the next county over, which is right close to where Grayson Lake is, there is a little town called Gron, Grand Kentucky and Carter County. Man an interesting thing. If I don't know if it's still up there or not, but if you google Grond, Kentucky and bigfoot sidings, you would be amazed. I think I'm thinking three four years ago around Christmas. There's a church in Gron, which is crazy because now it's for sale, so I don't know if people stop going there or what. I don't know, but there was a gathering for Christmas at this church and these people walk out, they walk out of church and walking out together and this thing goes running across the field in front of the church. Yes, they all described it as the same thing, tall, dark, hairy running on two legs across the field in front of the church. So you're talking twenty to twenty five people I think at the time, had this interaction and they all saw it together. So that was an interesting situation for people to come out of their church around Christmas time to see this thing run across in front of the church. But I haven't even checked lately, but you if you type in grind Kentucky, I think it's g r a h N. I think that's how it's spelled in Sint Carter County. I couldn't tell you how many bigfoot sidings are report from out there. Just pop up and they just pop up. That's that's another one in Carter County, not too far away. But man, the most one of the most interesting stories that I've ever had someone tell me is from a good friend of mine who is the pastor of a church. This guy I've known for about thirty years. It's interesting because once I brought this up in a conversation, it's that it was like he finally had somebody to talk to about an incidents that happened with him. And you talk about something crazy, and when I say crazy, it's one of the most intriguing stories that I've ever heard. Do I believe him, Oh absolutely. As the reason that he feels that he cannot go public with this is because of what he does for a living. He's a pastor of a church, he said. If I would ever say anything, if I would ever tell anybody this story, he said, the church would, you know, most likely excommunicate me and have me thrown out of the church, and I would never be able to preach again, he said. But as a kid, I grew up on the river and all my friends that lived around me would all hang out in the summertime after school was out, and we'd go down to the river and play. The river was like like a rocky bottom river, not not a deep you know. There were some places that it was deep enough to swim in, but you could walk across it in some places, he said. I think we were about ten years old the first time that had happened, he said. We're just down there playing in the creeks, he said, and all of a sudden, it's just like you know, something's there. You could sense that something was there. So we all looked up on the hillside across the across the creek from us, he said, we could see things move, but we couldn't get a we couldn't get an actual visual lock onto what they were. So we kind of just like you know, went back up the hill to the house, to his house where he where he lived. The next day it was the same thing. And this lasted like like four or five days, and then they didn't get that feeling anymore, and then it was gone. They never they never got that, you know, the rest of the rest of the year. The next year, about the same time in summer, they're down there playing and now they're like eleven years old, they get that same feeling. This time they actually can see things moving in the woods, and it was just like they thought other people were in the woods. So they can see these things moving around, but they're not coming any closer. They stay away. And like I said, this happens for like four days. They come down to the you know, the river to play every day and hang out as kids, and these things still stay away. After about four days, they're gone, doesn't they disappear, They don't come back. The next year, they get a little bit closer. The next year, they get a little bit closer. He said. By the time that I'm like fourteen. We are on one side of the other the river bank, and we're sitting there watching these things on the other side of the river bank. And it's like a family. It's a family, or if you call it a troop, I mean or whatever. But as they're sitting on their river bank, they're looking across the river and like I said, they can they know what they are. His description was they were male identified males. I mean, you can identify the females the same way. But there was like juveniles and small ones, like really young. But they stayed on the other side of the river. And I'm trying to remember. I think he said it was like twenty five thirty feet forty feet across. But it's just like you know, there's not definitive sides. It wasn't that same measurement all the way across. It just depends on how the water flows, he said. So we're setting on the side with our feet in the water on our side, looking across at these things just coming down to get to get water and drinking water, and they're walking around and standing on the rock watching over. This troop is like the alpha male. You definitely tell it was a male. But it's like, if you know anything about gorillas, the patriarchal leader is usually a silver back, he said. But this was different because it was the chest that was lighter color, like a silver silver white, and it was like a triangle from from shoulders down to its belly button. It was like it almost had like a light triangle on the front of it, but it was it was really dark. But the triangle on the front is not a silver back, but like a silver chested, which made it, you know, appeared to the kids to be the oldest one in the group. He says that this thing was anywhere from nine to ten feet tall, and they as kids, they had seen these things every you know, every year they would get closer and closer, he said, so they knew they existed. So they just sat there and watched. And they're around fourteen years of age when they're actually sitting on the river bank and the troop or this family group was on the other side, and for like three or four days, they were there every day at the same time in the morning, and then they would walk back up in the woods and disappear, and they'd be gone for the summer. The next year, around the same time. It happened again, but this time they decided to get in the water. The kids decided to get in the water. And by this time they are like fifteen, fifteen, sixteen, somewhere around there. So they are sitting in the water and it's you know, you're setting down, so the waters like up to your belly button or up to your chest in some parts. And this troop comes back and it's the same thing. The alpha gets on the rock and just keeps an eye out on everything, and the rest of the troop come down and drink and walk around and interact as a group. And he said they started to get in the water and they would come out and they would look at these he said, they would look at us, and they would interact by like splashing water at us. But they got to the point the next year it's the same thing. It's the same three or four days, and they were gone. When he was seventeen. They were in the water at the same time, but they were they came back the next interaction, and the younger ones had seen these kids. The younger ones in this troop had seen these you know, these guys. Every year. It got to the point that they would come out and they would touch them. The little ones would come out, they like the adolescent ones would come out. They were all they'd play in the water. The littles would play in the water around around these guys. And this went on for like three or four days, and then they didn't come back. In the morning, they were gone again. And this is the end of his story right here, he said. It was. It was my senior year of high school. I was eighteen. We never told anybody about this because we didn't know how people would take it, he said. But my friends were always there in the summer, all the guys that lived close to me. We did this every year, and we had our interaction with this group of Sasquatches, Bigfoot, Save's or whatever you want to call whatever your term for him is, he said. But the last time we had ever had interaction with them, we went down early every day until they showed up. We sat on the other side of the river bank this time, he said, and they came down the day that they appeared, they came down. They did the same thing, he said. But I made the choice to go stand on the rock, he said. I was standing on the rock when the silver Chest showed up, he said, and all my buddies were standing you know, it was sitting on the other side of the river with this troop and all the young ones are playing around them, and they're actually interacting with them, like you know, touching and touching each other and you know, doing it, doing interactions and touching their hair and everything else. And he said, I'm standing on the rock and the Silver Chest gets up on the rock with me, and he said, this thing was absolutely huge. And for the first time in my interactions in like eight years, eight continuous summers of going through this, he said, I had a flash and it was just like in my brain, I heard this thing speak to me, he said, And this was the first time this has ever happened. It was like, I'm standing there and this thing walks up and looks at me, arms linked away, and I get this interaction in my or I get this conversation in my head and it says, you know, I could eat you and your friends right now and nobody would ever find you, he said. And that was the point that we left. That was the point that I understood. These things are can communicate, They are murdering what we thought. These are not what we thought they were. And it was that point I kind of lowered my head, dropped my drop my gaze to him. I backed off the rock. I walked over to my buddies and I looked at my buddies and I said, we have got to go. We need to leave now. And they left. They went across the river and back up the hill to the house. They never went back after that, So I don't know if this troop comes back, migrates shows up, the even go as far as to plane shift there or you know. However, you however, you believe that they travel or get here or whatever they are, because people have different, different beliefs and what they actually are. He said, But we never went back. But my friend says, I could. I can never tell that story to anybody in fear of I feel of losing my job and not being able to be a patrior of a church anymore. That to me, was one of the most in depth, intriguing interactions that I've ever heard in my life. You know, you hear stories about hunters that have been abducted or kids that have been abducted, you know, and you see stories as like I lived with Bigfoot for the summer and came back. But I know personally that this happened. Why Because I know who this person is. I know he would have no reason to lie or even make up that story. So yeah, to me, that was one of the most interesting stories I've ever had somebody relay to me in my forty four year or no, forty six years of doing research. Oh by the way, yeah, I'll be sixty on my birthday. To me, that was the most intriguing story. Like I said, now, it's interesting that didn't happen here, but that actually happened in West Virginia, which is not too far away from where we are. So that story really stands out to me above all, is one of the most interesting stories I've ever heard about Bigfoot because I know the person personally, I said, I've known him for thirty years, which leads me to another thing that I found out recently in the last I don't know, maybe five six years. There is a thing that most people would know I guess now is a was referred to as a dog man. It's very large, seven to eight feet tall, with a snout twenty years and a tail just like just like a wolf for a dog as you know his fourth the name dog Man, I guess. But it's interesting because I know personal friends that I went to high school with that were younger than me that have had interactions with this thing. And when I say interactions with this thing, one of my buddies just passed away a couple of years ago, which is a real, real great guy. But him and three of his friends were out playing in the strip mines not too far from here, and they saw this thing and they thought it was just a big black German shepherd dog from what they saw where they could see it, that's what they thought it was. And it was like it was height like I was trying to hide from them, and they're like, man, that's really strange. I've never seen a dog like trying to hide from you. So they try to get closer to this thing and it stands up and what I mean stands up, not on four legs. This thing stands up on two legs. And then they proceed to take off in their escape attempt, I should say, they turn around and this thing is following them. It's not trying to gain on them, which it could, but it was just it would it would keep up? It would it was like trailing them to see where they were where they were going. Now, the interesting things about this is these kids were high school kids. And where we live in Kentucky, you know, if you have property, if you live in the woods, there's a lot of people that carry guns. Well, these guys had a twenty two with them and freaked out to the point that I don't know what this is, but it's on two legs and it's chasing us. When they get close to the house, one of the guys and I can't remember if it was Nathan or the other guy I can't remember who had the gun, turns around and takes a shot at this thing. And when they turned and took a shot at this thing, then let out a scream and a yell. So they turned and go into the driver to the house where they were. And this is the first time that I'd ever heard this story was from my buddy Fred that passed away, and Fred told me the other guys that was with him, Nathan, I know, and there were two other guys from school that was with them. Now Fred and Nathan and I know personally because they were friends of mine. So I proceeded to go find you get in touch with Nathan and I'm like, man, tell me, tell me about your experience. And he looked at me and said, how do you know that. I said, well, I said one of the guys in your group told me that. And he said, man, I don't want to talk about it. He said, that was the scariest thing. I don't want to even talk about it. I don't want to bring it up. So that was not I don't know what you're talking about. Was like, I just don't want to talk about it. I'm like, okay, he said, but yeah, it happened. So I'm at I'm at PT at the therapy place in town, and somebody brings you know, there's a bunch of people in the room. Somebody brings up a conversation about the the werewolf, the werewolf of Flat Was and I kind of like, I just sat there and look at him. I didn't say anything. And they're telling me their interaction. It's like, oh, yeah, we were walking up walking up through the woods at the strip mines right there, and we we see this thing and it's down on them like whether you know where they dig out and there's like a quarry and the water is down there. He said, we see this thing sitting or stooped down by the water, and I'm like, man, that's a huge dog. But until it started using this Paul like to pull water up to it. It's just like dogs don't do that, he said. So we sit there and we started watching this thing. He said, this we were at We were at a good distance. And I can't you know, I can't. I can't remember the actual day in time or when this was, when this actually happened, but you I'm hearing this story. And then in conversation with him, he proceeds to tell me about them seeing that, you know, at the at the quarry, at the water. He's like, and then we're sitting there watching this thing and it just stops and turns his head and looks at us. He said. We are, you know, one hundred yards away from it, but it just stops and looks right at us. And that's when we take off running. But in the same location of where all this stuff was going on, it's not three miles three and a half miles from my house where I live. And there's multiple people that have seen this thing too, But apparently where they saw this is they had they have built a subdivision there now, so it's you know, there's not been I have not heard or anybody that I know has heard of any kind of sidings around there lately or recently. From the quote dog man or wear Wolf of flat Woods. But it's really interesting and it's funny because we just purchased property thirty five acres, which is not very far from there. And I have another good friend, a married couple that live off the other side of the ridge from where I am, on another road out in the county, and they hear whoops, they hear knocks, and they've seen both. They've seen bigfoots and the dog Man's or the dog man or whatever. An interesting thing that they said was they have a security camera in the eve of their house, which is like, I don't know, fourteen feet off a ground at the eve of the house, twelve fourteen feet off a ground. They heard sounds outside and they're looking at their security camera. But all of a sudden, they see their security camera moved at that level on the house that whatever it is, grabs a camera and turns the camera toward the house, away from the yard. She's like, we're sitting here watching it happen, and you know, in real time, knowing that something's out there. So yeah, man, there's a lot of strange stuff that happens around here. So the one of the fast interactions or personal experiences that I have had was twenty twenty two. We have had I should say not have, but had we had sold twenty acres in Carter County. O. Here we go back in Carter County again. But at twenty twenty two, I'm helping a neighbor who was eighty years old, and we were outside summer and he was putting a plastic like a plastic covering on top of his deck to keep the rein off. And I don't have my phone right on me and we're sitting there working. Then all of a sudden, man, you could hear this loud, deep howl from out of nowhere. When that happened, every dog was this is is kind of it's kind of funny, but we live My property is on at what we call a holler where we live. But every animal that was around there just started going crazy. The dogs you could hear down the holler just start barking and barking and barking. So I'm scrambling to grab my phone and I grabed I grab the camera because I know I'm not going to record, but that I know I at least get an audio, and I hit you know, I hit record, and it's like, you can you can hear my you can hear my story that it's going on at the time that it's actually happening. And I'm at my neighbors Tom and Elsie's, and you can hear in the recording birds going off. You can hear the dog still barking. But I I wish there was a way that I got to caught that first howl because it was just ungodly loud and deep. So I'm recording and I'm talking of the recording. Well, well, you know, I'm talking while I'm recording, hoping this thing will go go again. It's like the one minute forty second mark, you could hear this bird that's right overhead, just just a big loud squawk. And then right when that happens, you can hear this thing. How and I caught it, and then I hear another one. It's like a reply what it sounds like on the recording that I have. It's like a decent sound and then there's another one that's quieter, not as loud and not as long. But what I actually recorded was one on my side of the road, which was up on the hill, and then the second one was a response from the other ridge to my right across the road from us up on the hill. And it's crazy because I actually recorded that just out of the blue on a summer day. But that was my last personal interaction in Carter County.
Speaker 4: Well that's it for tonight's show. If you've had a big Foot siding and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot Siding dot com and let us know. Thanks for listening, have a great night.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of run down no horse towns where the church is the backbone, loves and the bow and the fasting melodies coove in but the bomb Man rose with a roosse run deep beyond the nose of the busy streets with the songs of the South of su Then I when I hear the promp porch booking down home rhythm bringing out add On run from Banjung Music. Yeah, the sound of a memory brings me back to the bluegrass playing the Madadi Jack. It's become many been through it, you getting through the deal on scrubs and skags, booking name bales to this Tennessee hands.
Speaker 1: There's no other way that I do it.
Speaker 2: And I hear the Brown Batch picking down home rhythm bringing out that over run from Benjong music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something going backwards backwards and double tip picking in the sword and the strumming look and tuck starff because nothing in the strumming out country both.
Speaker 1: Living in.
Speaker 5: And I hit a bom boat picking down rhythm bringing us that all from from men of physic the city after as being bad on the dune.
Speaker 6: Us the cars rushing by with the pastes on the steriostream, and I hear the Brown Bush picking down rhythm inns.
Speaker 5: From bunch of music, Yeah, summing gallop back words back what's in double dub getting in the sword and the strumming looking Turkey stars. There's the strumming down cuts, your boy living. I'm in a hit a bub bot picking down bring the bringing us paddle from the seming gallop back words back woods a double tub getting in the sword and the strumming looking Turky stars, the strumming down counts, your boy Living, and I hit a bout ports picking down road from the bad chicken boat swing Mana's the Sweet Tea kind of sounds that all around the bad music