Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Do I have low t probably? Am I gonna have this stuff?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not interested?
Speaker 3: Do I care if I'm stronger, longer, girthier. No. By the way, I never did well with women, I must add, just one of those things.
Speaker 2: We know. Yeah, I know. It just didn't work out very well at all.
Speaker 3: And as you can imagine, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and good morning everybody. It is a Monday morning, September ninth, and yep, well we knew it was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Fire was going to explode.
Speaker 3: I think it was not man made. I think this was lightning that caused the fire. And we're gonna be talking to Blake Trolley at seven o'clock because he is in Sanford, Adino County. The what terrrible the fire? Well, we knew it was going to happen, just a question of time. First of all, let me say hello to everybody, starting with you, Cono.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, good morning, and.
Speaker 3: Amy, good morning, good morning, Bell and good morning, good morning, and Neil, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I was excited to be back until I heard the term girthier.
Speaker 3: Well, I had to do it so for the morning. I know it's a little early, but that wasn't my fault. That's Cono because he's the one that produces these promos.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have a question, guys, and this is for Amy and for Neil.
Speaker 3: I know you're doing that really neat event to raise money for the Union Rescue Mission, which is.
Speaker 2: I've been down there.
Speaker 3: It is an extraordinary charity helping the homeless people and has been around for I don't know how many years.
Speaker 2: It had to be eighty years. I don't one hundred years.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, and I noticed that what you guys are doing a great idea, repelling off of the building in the Universal City.
Speaker 2: I have a question, you know, and I feel like chopped liver around here.
Speaker 3: I heard about it for the first time here on the air, and you didn't invite me to take any part of it.
Speaker 2: What's going on, my chopliver?
Speaker 5: No, Bill, you're totally invited. Just if you donate a thousand dollars, you too can down a building with.
Speaker 2: But I you know, why wasn't I part of this?
Speaker 3: I understand you're afraid that I'm gonna go around showing pictures of my house to the homeless people.
Speaker 2: I get that. Hey, look at this, this is how I live.
Speaker 4: No, I understand, not without precedent. You know, we do know that. That's who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I have to tell you I feel a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, you can fit a hundred of your tents in my bathroom.
Speaker 4: That's a little much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: And it's still you know, and I always, you know, I always donate to any cause that you know, we get involved in. Uh, you know, there's always a couple of dollars there. Generally not much more than a couple of dollars there, but there's always a little bit of money there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars though, Yeah, you know, my daughter is getting married in November.
Speaker 2: I'm not spending one thousand dollars on the wedding. Oh, come on, you are too, you know what. No, I got a deal. I got a deal.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: Officiate weddings just like you. I'll tell you what, why don't you just pay donate? They can go down in a tuxedo and address all go down and we'll just do the wedding on the side of the Hilton there in universal that is.
Speaker 3: Actually that is actually a super idea. But his Brandon's grandfather is officiating. Otherwise I think you would have been second we talked about you officiated.
Speaker 4: Well, well he can go over the edge then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his grant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the grandfather who is like three minutes from now being able to move five feet. No, no, Unfortunately, that's a great idea. I just saw a documentary it's on I think Netflix, and it's about this tourist company that does tours to the North Pole and they set up a camp at the North Pole about twenty miles from the pole, and it's a Russian company that does this, and about five hundred.
Speaker 2: People a year go to the North Pole.
Speaker 3: And it's pricey, you know, twenty five thirty thirty five thousand dollars or whatever it is. And you go up there and they helicopter in a tractor every year to create the runway and then bring in the jet and they bring in two helicopters and you can actually helicopter to the North Pole, the absolute North Pole, and the GPS lets you see the where the true pole is and you then everybody holds hands and dances around.
Speaker 2: The North Pole.
Speaker 3: They stick a pike they stick a pole at the North Pole and you dance around it and you are circumnavigating the world at that point. And it's really a neat, neat documentary. And there was a very famous Norwegian explorer who and the video shows it, or the documentary shows it so that he was married at the North Pole with his bride.
Speaker 4: You get to meet Santa No Santa.
Speaker 3: But it's fascinating to see that, and it's just totally wild.
Speaker 2: I just loved it. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: Said hello to everybody. Yes, I'm gonna participate. I'm gonna write some money to the event.
Speaker 2: By the way, I will give.
Speaker 3: The big money if you absolutely let me and arrange for me to walk around to every single person there and show them pictures.
Speaker 2: Of my house.
Speaker 3: I'm talking out at the Union Rescue Mission.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't you wish you lived like this?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I think that if God hadn't already created hell for the devil and the fallen angels, he would have specially made one for you.
Speaker 2: I will take that as a compliment, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Of course you will, of course I will.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do want to.
Speaker 1: Beat the FM people who are also doing this so let's show.
Speaker 2: They're also showing pictures of their house.
Speaker 1: No, but they're doing this over the edge too, and we want to we want to show them that KFI and am.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's pitch it. Well, okay, we will. We will pitch it right up until and what day is it?
Speaker 6: September twenty seven, So we have a few days to do.
Speaker 2: We got a couple of weeks and actually almost three weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, ready to do it? Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story and if that fire near Highland is now at where it was last night at twenty five thousand acres, And let's go to Amy on this one, because you've been following this.
Speaker 2: What is the latest in size and in containment.
Speaker 5: Well, in size, it's actually a little bit smaller than you thought, which is good news.
Speaker 6: But the containment's nothing.
Speaker 5: It's twenty five hundred acres and it is zero percent surrounded. It started on Thursday night and when we headed into the weekend, it was like fifteen hundred, two thousand acres and then it just exploded.
Speaker 6: There's lots of evacuation orders.
Speaker 5: In place in the Running Springs and Highland areas about thirty six thousand homes and other buildings are currently threatened.
Speaker 3: So this fire is not way up in the mountains where there are no homes and there is a virtually no chance. I mean, these homes are in the way of or they're close enough to where they're evacuating people.
Speaker 2: Do I have that right?
Speaker 5: Yes, there are some evacuations, and we've got residential homes, commercial buildings and other structures are threatened.
Speaker 1: I got a buddy who is in Blue Jay and he evacuated last night, I think or the day before, and I've been checking on people and running springs.
Speaker 4: Obviously as it moves up the mountain.
Speaker 3: And Blake Trolli is joining us because he's there at the front line. So we'll be talking to him at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Another sign that there were signs this might be coming. The mother of the fourteen year old who's accused of shooting and killing two teachers and two students and injuring nine others in winder Georgia called the school to warn a school council or before the attack. So apparently what happened is about it's sometime between ten and thirty minutes before the shooting happened. The mom called because she says her son had sent an alarming text that said I'm sorry, mom, and then some other cryptic stuff, and so she called the school and told them about what they're saying is an unspecified extreme emergency involving the boy sometime before the shoot.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing stories that the mother did warn the authorities. The authorities were out and were actually looking for him at the time.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 3: This is all non corroborative, don corroborated, and so we're hearing more and more, and it could be that the authorities didn't do anything wrong. It's just one of those things that fell through the cracks.
Speaker 2: They had a warning about this kid.
Speaker 3: I mean, the father should be nailed and he will be for second degree murder. He is going to see hopefully many years in jail. And that's a new thing, is nailing parents not just for negligence, but for out and out criminal behavior.
Speaker 2: By letting their kids have access to the gun.
Speaker 3: And this one's really bad because he gives the kid an ar fifteen for Christmas, thirteen year old kid, where the FBI had told that the father there was a risk here that the kid had been accused of making these threats online. But when you look at the authorities, even they knew, what do you do with that? Do you follow him twenty four hours a day? Do you put an FBI agent on him, morning, noon and night?
Speaker 2: I mean, can you imagine you.
Speaker 1: Don't let him go to the bathroom or you don't let him get up from the classroom.
Speaker 2: Well you ask.
Speaker 3: Without being well, what you do is you as I have said, and even J. D. Vanta said, what you do is you make school hard targets instead of soft targets. You make them fairly and vulnerable, metal detectors, high fences, just all the technology that's available.
Speaker 1: Oh this it just keeps getting more deep and deep. The grandfather now of the Georgia High School shooting suspect, Colt Gray, calls for the fourteen year old's father, who he says is the son of a bitch, to get the death penalty he wants. He said, he should face the death penalty for spurring his grandson on to commit murder. And you know what hit me for the first time today? The kid was technically named after a gun.
Speaker 4: Fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if that's these named out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have.
Speaker 2: That's a very very good point.
Speaker 4: All family named. But I'm like, are you right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I first looked at this, his grandfather went this way. But this is his mother's father, and that family is very estranged and there's a lot of hatred there.
Speaker 1: They split in twenty twenty two after they were evicted from a home and Colt was living with his father.
Speaker 4: So sad.
Speaker 5: This is no snow day, but the kids in central Kentucky have the day off of classes because children have been told to stay home from school as police continue to look, like look for this guy who took aim at drivers along the seventy five freeway. Joseph Couches the guy they're looking for. He allegedly fired an AR fifteen from a cliff ledge on the side of the interstate about nine miles north of London, Kentucky, on Saturday. He hit twelve cars and five people were wounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had the story is this is from CNN dot com.
Speaker 3: You had legally purchased the AR fifteen and one thousand rounds of ammunition hours before the shooting. So I'm assuming Kentucky doesn't have a waiting.
Speaker 2: Period for the perfect purchase of a.
Speaker 3: Weapon, although he would have I don't think there was enough information out there where it would not have been a legal purchase.
Speaker 2: But I find that kind of interesting. Yeah, interesting in a pretty negative way.
Speaker 1: I might add, well, of course, Trump threatens prosecution for those that he even said long term prison sentences for election officials and political operatives. So says he who he suggested could cheat in the twenty twenty four election if he again wins the presidency in November.
Speaker 4: What a weird thing to run on.
Speaker 3: No, it's scary. I mean, this is beyond just Trump being weird. This is scary, scary stuff because.
Speaker 2: We know there was no election fraud, although.
Speaker 3: Trump insists that there was fraud up and down the election that's why he lost. And he's already said, and they're already preparing in the event he loses, for lawsuit after lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Arguing election fraud.
Speaker 3: And now he is saying, whoever we find and by the way, that'll be everybody involved in his loss or going against him, will be prosecuted in long term prison sentences. And I'm just thinking, you know, people have been around for decades that Republicans Trump's supporters know and have worked with. Are they going to sit back and let these people be investigated and arrested and handcuffed upon Trump's orders?
Speaker 2: Do they just sit back?
Speaker 3: Is like for example, January sixth, Do they just sit back and say it was unfortunate, but now we have other things that are important and we downplay that? Is that what's going to happen if people are arrested, Well, it's unfortunate that they were arrested, or we don't agree with the president.
Speaker 2: Now let's move on.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I'm genuinely frightened. I really am, And I'm frightened not because of Trump. I'm frightened because of the people that support Trump see this stuff happening and either don't care, it doesn't matter, we need him to be elected.
Speaker 1: Or.
Speaker 2: They believe it to be true.
Speaker 3: They do believe that the only way that there's a free election is for Donald Trump to win.
Speaker 2: There is no such thing as a democratic win with a free election.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you, I am genuinely, genuinely frightened of where this country is going.
Speaker 1: Scared on this On another twist, why would you want to threaten?
Speaker 4: How do I say this? Like?
Speaker 1: Why would you want to threaten the people. If they could rig the election, why would you want to threaten them, because they're just going to rig the election so you don't get in.
Speaker 2: Well, they're rigging. They're rigging the election no matter what Trump loses. The election is is.
Speaker 3: Definitely it's rigged by definition, and those people will be prosecuted and go to prison if they were part of this section.
Speaker 1: If he gets in, so so, why wouldn't they just rig the election so he doesn't get in.
Speaker 4: Well that's exactly what.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what they're saying. You're doing. That's why you have to vote for him.
Speaker 4: It's just silly.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I don't think it is silly.
Speaker 1: I think it is silly because if they had the power to rig the election, they're just going to rig the election so he doesn't get in, so they don't get an.
Speaker 2: It's an attempt to wrigle the election.
Speaker 3: They will not succeed, even though the attempt they are going to try to rob the bank, even if they don't succeed, will get them for trying to rob the bank.
Speaker 2: That's basically it. And it's you know, I am is this where we've come to. I guess it is. I've never heard of where we have gone before.
Speaker 3: But anyways, that's me and you know where I'm going to be talking about until I'm gone. And and and if Trump does lose, he will not have the power to have people he can't. He will not order the FBI to start investigating people can't do it.
Speaker 4: Be careful. If he gets in, He's going to have you arrested.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, Oh no, if he gets in, I fully am, fully prepared to be handcuffed. I think I would be off the air in two seconds because the power of.
Speaker 2: The FCC has I have no doubts. I know.
Speaker 3: I've never been a k used of overreacting or let's say, overdoing it. And when I did that story about Donald Trump and his promise to prosecute and put in jail people who are going to steal the election, election workers, etc. And I said I plan on being arrested, I don't. I went a little bit over the top. Okay, I am not going to be in handcuffs because I tend to exaggerate a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do I feel like my job might be in jeopardy? Yeah? Yeah, that was real. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that anybody who's siferous again. Well, let me put it this way. I think there's going to be pressure for people that are against Well, let me ask you a question. Donald Trump has already said that he is going to investigate and will put into prison those Congress people who voted for the impeachment. That he has said there will be an investigation of those people for what is effectively treason.
Speaker 2: He has said that. He has said that outright.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't take very long to say there'll be some pressure on the from the FCC.
Speaker 2: Will it happen, No, of course not.
Speaker 4: You know, I think you've jumped the shark.
Speaker 2: If I don't know, I don't think. So let me ask you. Let me ask you this. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: When you hear a presidential candidate say outright those of you who voted against me, I will prosecute and put to prison, that doesn't scare you. No, that's that's a state right out statement that the man made.
Speaker 1: I think he likes to light emotional fires, and I think he likes to threaten, and I think he loves power. You know, I don't think he's a Republican. I think he's a trump man name.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you if you don't think it's done. Richard Nixon.
Speaker 3: Richard Nixon got his enemy's list together, and he's sick the I R s on these people.
Speaker 1: Every single president has an enemy's list. Not there was the talk of Obama having something, but not to.
Speaker 3: The point, let me ask you something, not to the point where an order of ordering the I r s to investigate, ordering them to investigate.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying he's a good man, not just saying. I mean, I exaggerate.
Speaker 1: I just don't think the SCC is going to come after he made I don't think the is going on. I think there are, but uh, I don't think he's coming after us. Where'd you go? I can't hear you.
Speaker 6: Oh Trump muted him.
Speaker 4: Oh Trump got to him. We can't hear you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very fine. There you are.
Speaker 6: Okay, now you're.
Speaker 4: Trump got you know what? That was a test?
Speaker 2: That was okay? Okay.
Speaker 3: For the record, I think he's the greatest guy that ever, you know. It's the way I feel about this is the same thing I say about scientologists.
Speaker 2: Hey, you guys are great.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you I am on your side one okay, all right, Having jumped the shark, which I'm accused of. And by the way, it's not that I don't do it before. Let's just start moving on more handle on the news.
Speaker 5: All that traffic and parking headaches for nothing. The show at the Hollywood Bowl got canceled last night. It's was supposed to be Vance Joy, Group Love and Tiny Habits, but the show had to shut down for the night because of a power outage. Of course, lots of power outages because of the heat. They're going to provide updates own when it'll be rescheduled, and people who had tickets for last night will have those tickets honored for the rescheduled show.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start doing more stories because I've stolen all the time on this.
Speaker 1: California is passing another law on plastic grocery bags yet again. This time it's getting rid of those thicker plastic bags. They say that was a loophole. This the ledgelation was passed in late August. Now sits on gov gab his desk, and when he's not combing his hair, he'll give it a little look.
Speaker 4: See maybe sign it.
Speaker 1: If signed into law, the band would become effective in twenty twenty six because.
Speaker 4: Their last ban on plastic.
Speaker 1: Actually saw an uptick in the use of plastics.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: And those plastic bags, those thick ones, they're supposed to be reusable. No one's reusing them, and they can't be recycled. So I went to Trader Joe's the other day, yesterday, I went to Trader Joe's. It's all you know, they only use paper bags. They won't give you plastic bags.
Speaker 5: The US is always used plastics, right, that's exactly I mean paper bags.
Speaker 2: Sorry, paper bags. Yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Resupportable the devil at because they were killing all the trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, now they're killing now now they do kill the trees. It's great.
Speaker 1: So what I'm gonna do is I'm going to go out and get a sea turtle. I'm gonna gut it and use it as a reusable sea turtle bag.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Are you one of those people by the way that cut.
Speaker 3: Let me, Are you one of those people that take the six pack those plastic wrappers that they put over the tops that they put on such packs and then you cut them?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that and is that why because the so many sea turtles in the landfills?
Speaker 2: Is that why no.
Speaker 5: Because like ducks and birds and stuff can get their little heads.
Speaker 6: Stuck in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 6: Well they do. There's pictures of it. So I cut them, so there's.
Speaker 2: Some Sorry, I do that too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I actually don't. I'm just thinking, I actually don't, and I put I put like I don't, and I put bait around them.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do, Okay, you throw them out and you fish with them. Try to catch a turtle.
Speaker 5: Another storm is brewing. It's potential tropical cyclone six. It's formed in the warm waters of the southern Gulf of Mexico, three hundred and twenty miles south of Brownsville, Texas.
Speaker 6: It's got fifty.
Speaker 5: Mile an hour winds right now, and on the forecast track, it's expected to move just offshore of the northern Gulf coast of Mexico through Tuesday and then approach the Upper Texas and Louisiana coastline on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Now, are they going to run out of names? You know? Throughout the year? You're gonna have the weirdest names now going Beulah? Have they been? Has there been a hurricane Beula yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't either, it'd be great.
Speaker 4: Huh. They go through the entire alphabet one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, well I think you can't go back again. Oh, they'll be at some point, there'll be twenty six.
Speaker 6: There was a Hurricane Beulah in the September twentieth, nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, whoever gave ula the name Buela is no longer working.
Speaker 2: There, that's for sure, left soon thereafter.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right, to Gavin Newsome in the News, yet again, he's cracking down on consumable hemp products. These are the ones that you see in you know, convenience stores or grocery stores. They don't have any age restrictions, but they can contain THC and other intoxicating cannabinoids. And so he says, it's a disgrace, it's a shame. The industry bears full responsibility for not police policing itself.
Speaker 4: And this is a no brainer to me.
Speaker 1: Right, why the hell do they have zero, you know, age limits or any of that stuff on this Well, there's a lot to be said.
Speaker 3: About three year olds getting high on cannabis legally. Yeah, yeah, I think you're right on that one, Neil.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: Going far out on an edge.
Speaker 2: She said, you changed the law. I mean that's not hard to do that. You know, legislature can turn around.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, LAX is coming into some cash, about forty million dollars worth. It's going to be spent on noise mitigation efforts, infrastructure improvements, and.
Speaker 6: To buy electric buses.
Speaker 5: So of the almost forty million dollars, almost sixteen million is going to be used to buy and install sound installation or installation equipment for four hundred homes affected by airport noise exposure.
Speaker 2: Is that airplane noise what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: They're probably in the flight path, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: I would think so there's an answer there. No more engines on airplanes.
Speaker 4: That works out. They're kind of above you. What are you going to do? Build a wall, I'll.
Speaker 2: Think, get them quieter and quieter. But being in a flight path, you still hear them. Oh. New area code.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is you know, this is always weird because sad to see for some reason, I don't know why. But starting November one, twenty twenty four, those who have a two, one, three or three two three area code could be assigned a number in the new three seven, three eight area code under certain circumstances. Now, I'm not sure how this ends up working, but the new seven, three eight area code will serve basically the same geographic area. It's more phones, let's it more device So these are for new ones because basically it's not like anybody's going to get their telephone number changed. No, right, right, And people don't get usehe numbers anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, you move, you keep your phone number. So you have a new area.
Speaker 5: Code straight out of Compton. It's the super Bowl halftime star. The NFL announced yesterday that Compton's own Kendrick Lamar is going to headline the Apple Music super Bowl halftime show in New Orleans. He's won seventeen Grammys. He says he's looking forward to bringing hip hop to the NFL's championship game.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good show. It's going to be a good show. There's no question.
Speaker 4: I'm going to need to help on this pronunciation.
Speaker 1: The city of Paris wants to honor the late Ugandan Olympic runner Rebecca Teggy.
Speaker 2: Chef tech guy, I guess.
Speaker 4: Chip tag guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by naming a sports venue after her.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was the gal who we reported this that horrific burned death. Her boyfriend poured gasoline on her and lit her on fire and caused her debth. I mean, that is horrific. And they want to name a sports venue. I don't know about that. I can see a fire station. But as far as the hell is, what wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: Maybe Trump should censor you.
Speaker 2: Let's move on, wase we have another story.
Speaker 6: I guess who's going to be the first trillionaire? Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: They're projecting one percent annual growth of Elon Musk's wealth. The Tesla SpaceX and ex chief is on pace to become the first trillionaire ever and it's expected to happen in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Couldn't happen to a weirder guy? You know, visionary, brilliant, a hole.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can go through that list.
Speaker 3: And by the way, one of my podcasts talks about Donald I mean Elon Musk and how just crazy he is in his background, I mean, a genius, a true visionary and then also nuts. And that's the podcast is the Bill Handle Show podcast on all the platforms.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we are done. They're very close to each other.
Speaker 1: Visionary and geniuses and crazy people are.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that line is very very thin, no question about it. All right.
Speaker 3: This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.