Speaker 1: All right, it's our first official show of twenty twenty five. Tomorrow we will not be doing our show. There will be football happening. Then we'll be back full force on Monday. But I want you guys to think back to the year twenty twenty four. What is the best meal you had in that year? I think I know the restaurant. You guys might all three say I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: But when I.
Speaker 1: Say I'm gonna go three two one, go where I put the word go, I want you to say you're the best meal you had? Named the restaurant last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know the place, but I don't know what it was. Okay, then say that that will get confusing. I know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Christina, do you know what you're gonna say?
Speaker 2: Nope, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, best meal you had in all of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Three two one and kitchen? What'd you say, Kevin? You made a sandwich? What'd you say? I hate a sandwich? Once? I didn't get what we were doing there, and I get it now? What'd you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love Andrew?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: The reason I ask is yes, this segment has brought you by a What did you think it was that being there? Kevin, We're doing show.
Speaker 2: Man, We are doing the show. This is guys, Get one gal the show. I was going to segue into that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna segue into that, but Andrews American Pizza Kitchen presents this segment.
Speaker 2: But there's there's a.
Speaker 1: Restaurant all three of you went to I think last year that I didn't go to. And it's that sushi joint that's in a hotel.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, scratch scratch sushi by scratch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, sick bro.
Speaker 5: I've had people tell me it's the best meal they've ever had. It's really good. That's but that's a that's the thing that's that. Don't they call that? Is that called osse? Yeah, makasse a case, it's not called o House?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they was after these I know. It's like the other day I went to Oishi and they're now scheduling o Mase. There's another place called Tatsu who TJ Miller, the actor told me just let me know and I'll get you in. And I was like, okay, cool, be good, and I just never took him up on that. I like, I think today they're taking reservations, which will probably fill them out for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like, where is it?
Speaker 5: Is that what you said when I what did you say? A sandwich in Italy?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Sandwich in Italy Okay? So that's a fair answer. Yeah, yeah, but I mean we were still going for the Americans. Well, no, that's what I was going called the Italian sandwich store. What was I don't know, that's what I was looking for because our buddy Sandlor is in Italy right now.
Speaker 2: Well, even the.
Speaker 4: Gas stations there have incredible sandwiches, so it could have been at a random gas station.
Speaker 5: It was really it was in an alley. Yeah, it was so anale sandwich Florence. It was in Florence, and Jared told me to send him the name of it. I was like, I'll never find it. I don't know. It was a sandwich in an alley and all it was sun dried tomatoes melted very nicely and some cream cheese melted tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was just when do we come back from break the seventh? Brought to you by place.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they have melted tomatoes, but you can go to American Pizza Kitchen Plano. There's only one location, It's Preston and Plano Parkway, and they have the greatest pizza the universe, has voted on by readers of the Dallas Warring News. That's why they won best Pizzeria in DFW. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen highly highly recommended for dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for basis Sweet Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor kt FN tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: Greet fifteen, eight m New Year's Day, a man drove a truck around a car that was blocking a police car that was blocking Bourbon Street. Then he sped into the crowds of people injuring at least thirty five that numbers may be gone up killing. I think fourteen is the number they have now. I haven't seen this. I have seen fifteen, but I saw fifteen yesterday, But so they're saying fourteen officially that's the last I saw, Okay, so it's always been between ten and fifteen. He then opened fire died in a shootout with police. They did find some IEDs, some improvised explosive devices in the truck.
Speaker 2: They also found an ISIS flag in the truck rolled up. Wasn't it on his truck too? Might have been on it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but Texas license plates. They immediately call the owner of the car Texas lice plates, and it's a guy who I believe was in Florida and had rented this truck to him using a company called.
Speaker 2: Tutro t U r o's We've used that before. Okay, Well, it's.
Speaker 1: An interesting business model, essentially like VRBO for cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, I've seen people do this with RVs and things like that too.
Speaker 2: More on Turo in a minute.
Speaker 5: So the guy is forty two year old shamsu Den Bihar Jabbar, forty two year old US citizen.
Speaker 2: He had served in the army for many years. Was honorably discharged.
Speaker 5: But he had apparently made a bunch of recordings just hours before the attack in which he said he was wanting to kill his family and some family members, his wife's his ex wife's husband is. He had done some interviews with the media at New York Times and some other places and said that he had been acting erradically in the last few months. They had filed a restraining order against him. So you got a stepdad in the mix. Here there's a fifteen and twenty year old daughter, daughters, and they had basically been preventing him from seeing them because he had been acting crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: So he had converted to Islam apparently, And there you go.
Speaker 2: So he was in the army for many years.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, I wanted because I saw a picture. I think he converted to Islam a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Oh was it a long time ago?
Speaker 5: Because I saw a picture of when in twenty thirteen when he was active military and he had the Islamic name on us.
Speaker 2: So I made an assumption.
Speaker 1: I saw him doing I thought this was like twenty seventeen, you shot a video as a realtor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. Seemed like a normal dude in that. Yeah, yeah, I think it said.
Speaker 5: He claimed in August twenty twenty two that he had been working on an accounting firm Deloitte and made one hundred and twenty K a year, but there was an email suggesting that from the first marriage, something about the marriage that worried about foreclosure of the house and some things like that.
Speaker 2: Either way, he was mad.
Speaker 5: He was looking for carnage, and it sounds like last minute and I guess maybe last hours decided, you know what, I'm just going to go ram into Bourbon Street. So who knows. He could have been drunk, you know, hard to even know. But there were apparently a series of recordings of him talking about killing his family, and we have confirmations of undetonated bombs. Correct, Yes, man, this was weird. So I was in Broken Bow and my son, who pledged the fraternity at Alabama, he was like, you know, the next day, we're hearing all this news. Everyone's waking up to it.
Speaker 1: And he said some of his pledge brothers were there and they were on Bourbon Street and he was like, and one.
Speaker 5: Of them's not answering his phone. And as the day progressed, he got the news that, sure enough, he was one of the guys that had passed away.
Speaker 2: Just awful, so sad, just awful.
Speaker 5: So I guess nineteen years old, it's a lot of young people.
Speaker 2: Man, there's an eighteen year old girl. Oh that that was the girl? Was that the girl who snuck out? Do you hear that story?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: That story was awful. That's so sad.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a girl who snuck out. Her family didn't know she had left. She snuck out to go have fun with friends. And she from Mississippi.
Speaker 2: I heard her mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her mom told her not to and then she was like crying on the phone, like whatever your parents tell you to do, like, obey your parents. We're telling you that for a reason. So I just came in our iHeart email. And AE at another radio company was there and died from here a in New Orleans, Okay, fortunate odyssey.
Speaker 5: And then also the brother of a TCU football player. His name is Tiger Beck. He's twenty eight. He was a college football player at Princeton. He was there too. And then it's just some of the notable names of man.
Speaker 2: In the video footage of it.
Speaker 5: I mean it looks like he's going seventy down a street, you know, like that where you wouldn't expect to see a vehicle. Yeah, and I guess he ran into a crane or something that was in the middle of the street, because if he hadn't done that, he would have been able.
Speaker 2: To keep going. Jeez, I mean it would have been way worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so they were putting up some The reason he was able to drive around a cop car is they were putting up some other or they were working on constructing these other barriers that would go there. Do you remember when the Jones family, I think Charlotte and Jerry Jr. In the backup car. They they were in those barriers that come up from the ground from underground. They were installing some of those because they're gonna get an influx of traffic for the Super Bowl next month. So that's what was going on there, and that's why they just had cop cars working as your barrier down Irvin Street, and he just drove around it and Rome took off. Now in Las Vegas, a thirty seven year old man was in a Tesla cyber truck and it was a car that was also rented by that company, Touro. We've just learned in the last ten minutes. They now say that he shot himself in the head before the bomb went off. Wow, And he had fireworks and gasoline and things like that.
Speaker 2: He was a Green Beret. He was a Green Beret for many years. Yeah. I think he was currently stationed in Germany and home on leave.
Speaker 5: Really, there's some h This is where finding details and getting everything triple confirmed is so important because there's conspiracy theories or I don't even know conspiracy. There's just a little talk going around that these guys might have crossed pads in their military history, which should make you go, uhh, that's the biggest coincidence of all time, rented cars from the same company, and but it's just not confirmed. The other thing that I want to say right now, it's just a weird day. I eighty five right now in South Carolina is being shut down because of a bomb threat and eighteen wheeler. Now one guy is in custody, so they've got the guy, but they haven't swept the truck. So a big freeway right now in South Carolina for a last hour hour and a half has been at a standsteal and you can see the eighteen wheelers. They're just just waiting on the SWAT team to go in. And you know, I don't know what you douse, you cut the red or the white. You know, we've seen it in movies forever, a mission impossible style. But just a lot of weird stuff going on right now to start the new year. Man, I wonder if the events of New Year's Eve inspired someone to do something more, you know, when they start talking about copycat stuff, like maybe this thing that's happening in South Carolina wasn't gonna happen, but someone got inspired or motivated or whatever term you want to use by what they saw. I think it's also important to now, like we won't be on the air tomorrow. I bet by Monday we will have a long list of more details that are important to all three of these stories.
Speaker 2: You know, then we can kind of discuss that. Thank you for the news, Kevin.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next in the Big Finish, we're gonna have some sports catch up, just some of the sports stories you probably need to catch up on and catch up for him next