Speaker 1: Weird things happened in the back. Weird, weird, weird. Wow.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody. We just spent like the last forty five minutes playing Pokemon cards. Yeah, Alex and I could feel the brain rot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah we did. I did not expect Alex to get into it, but he did.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got what did you say? I got three wonder picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like trying to get set up to do the show. I'm just sitting here waiting and Alex is sitting over there like I got three wonder picks left. Let me do it real quick.
Speaker 2: I said, Alex, have you ever played Pokemon or like seen the show ever? He's like no, Yeah, it's a beautiful thing, man, It's a beautiful I got a really cool looking monsters and monsters and monsters. I love it, dude, I love it. From now on, BSS beef will be settled through Pokemon cards.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Pokemon battles only.
Speaker 3: So so welcome to spirit science.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was about, a segue into sort of a heavier topic. I thought it would be cool if we just had like a broader conversation about the idea of like psychic abilities, like like a very general, you know, not like specifically focused on one area.
Speaker 1: But psychic type in Pokemon. Yeah, just trant to put that out there, you know, it's funny. So there was the whole like wave of like churches being like pokemonster devil and whatever and every My parents always said like I'd be like, well, why is it evil? And my Dad's like, because they're psychic Pokemon, is it? I'm like, that's where that's where it's all coming from. That's where you draw the line. They play with tarot cards. Yeah, no they don't.
Speaker 2: Dad, the psychic Pokemon do one of them? Because am doboon he has a pendulum too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who has the pendulum? Hypnos or hypno?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right yeah?
Speaker 2: And then he does spin spoons. Actually yeah he does. He went, that's my first introduction to anyone ever beening spoons was that Pokemon. So maybe they're onto something.
Speaker 1: They are bro.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is anti Christian.
Speaker 1: I don't that's the what we were supposed to glean from, you know what. Okay, maybe they are maybe, I mean, maybe they are BRO stands for pocket monsters. Pocket that's right, you got a monster in your pocket?
Speaker 2: Is my post? My pastor? My pastor said pocket demons, as he said.
Speaker 1: That pocket devils a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Is that pocket demons? But anyway, enough of the pocket demons. So I wanted to get into a discussion of like psychic abilities. Is there any uh, you know, evidence out there of some sort of esp phenomenon. Now I want to do a disclaimer. Okay, we just had multiple MINROSA two trainers. We just did a three part series on going to the Monroe Institute. I've been there. Maybe by the time this airs, you guys will have had your retreat. If not, it's in a week or two. I just wanted to go ahead and come out the gate and say that I think it would be too easy if we sat here and just talked about Monroe's two studies though. Sure, so I actually didn't go into theirs.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, yeah, because we've been covering in a lot lately. Well, it's obvious that they are kind of leading the charge in the scientific preace exactly, proving that's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 2: Psychic ability, not that I don't want to talk about, of course, I always want to talk about Monroe and and it will end up that way A little bit towards the end, But my whole point is I wanted to dig a little deeper and see if there were other avenues where there were scientific studies being done outside of like what they're doing, because what they're doing is like this this mount Olympus of research for you know, I mean literally like the CIA was studying their program, which is you know what I was kind of going to talk about a little bit at the end. So that's my whole point is to say that there are other areas of research that I dove into that have nothing to do with them at all, that are different studies entirely that some of them I never heard of. Some of them obviously I've heard of, which is why I looked into them. Pretty fascinating stuff.
Speaker 1: Very much. So I would say, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I guess if you guys want, we can just jump right into it. Yeah, but let's go with our first study. Let me pull it up.
Speaker 1: How far back you going for this one?
Speaker 2: For this one, I don't think it's that far back. But some of them go back to like the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I know way back then, like the CIA were some of the first people to publicly be well, they weren't public at the time about it, Yeah, but later on it was revealed that they were studying a lot of this stuff with like the.
Speaker 2: They were studying since like the eighties at least, I.
Speaker 1: Always forget the name of the men who Steric Goods Projects, Stargate Stargate. How could I forget it? And then of course like mk Ultra had some some of that kind of stuff too, like and that was the sixties. U. Yeah, so it goes back. Oh, yeah, Ceia been trying to get their hands on some psychic Pokemon for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably been Spoon's honestly, because in the nineties they saw the popular anime, so they were like, there's something too there is they knew it got to be something demons, but no, like and if we wanted to be a little more general, we could say that like this whole renaissance of like you could say psychic material really started kind of coming to the surface in the late eighteen hundreds, because in the late eighteen hundreds you had stuff like Rudolph Steiner, you had obviously Helena Bolovotsky. That's a big one that we've covered on the show multiple different episodes. We've talked about her in a lot of length, but she's all in, Like her whole premise is like kind of Actually I've been reading I'm almost done with the second Bob and roebook, and a lot of the kind of sessions that he's having reminds me of like the awesome fee the Blovotsky stuff. Yeah, not that the material is necessarily the same, but like the method of like communication, so it's just very fascinating, like seeing how there's correlations there.
Speaker 1: Because theosophy also has like a very scientific method and approach. Yeah, to the way that they break down the data.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like definitely an attitude the.
Speaker 1: Way that they compile and break down the data. Yeah, it's a very like scientific.
Speaker 2: Like aw Coms Razor and Obs like, Yeah, I completely agree. But that's what I'm saying is like this whole idea of psychic phenomenon really started unfolding, I think like in the late eighteen hundreds and then in the early nineteen hundreds, and then you had people come around like Edgar Casey, Levi H. Dowling and there's others that. God, what's he's really popular right now? Nevil Goddard. Nevile Goddard is a big one right now, even though he died like a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Jimmy Neutron named his dog after Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think the real goddard that he's named after was a NASA's scientist or like a rocket scientist or something. You think it's never got her.
Speaker 1: The mystic for sure. The guy that talks about Jesustron, I haven't signed information.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Jimmy Neutron is a mystic man. He would take a miracle like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Yeah, thank you. I'm with you. Okay, he gets it. Alex also has inside information. He's been talking to Sheen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she is it Sheen? Yeah, it is she It's not Shane. Yeah, and she like he has the whole superhero thing going on.
Speaker 1: So he sas like Bible Man. Yeah. Do you remember Bible Man with the purple and the lightsaber. Yes, that's like Sheen.
Speaker 2: What's what's Sheen's superhero name?
Speaker 1: L Yeah, I was gonna say Ultra Man, but yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's Ultra Lord. Ultra Man is that popular Japanese show from the sixties.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So my point is this stuff goes way back. The sidekicks stuff and It's just really fascinating to see how I gets unfolded over the last hundred years. I mean, like, I'll never forget being a kid and turning on Ghostbusters for the first time when I'm like nine years old something like that. And you know the beginning of the movie, Oh, he's pulled up Ultra Lord. Yeah, and the beginning of Ghostbusters, Like, the beginning of it is literally I just said the beginning twice, but the start of it is literally they're sitting there looking at the cards.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the tarot cards? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, not tarot cards. Have you seen their og Ghostbusters? Yeah, they're like doing an esp study.
Speaker 1: They weren't tarot cards.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they were just like little stars and triangles and shapes and they're trying to like read on the other side of the card and like pick up psychic phenomenon. So like it's just craz And that was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that's my point is that the fascination in this subject goes back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bro, when was Miss Cleo doing her things. That was back in the seventies for sure. Not sure it goes back, yeah, but that was all the age of a querity that you know, they're Yeah, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: One hundred you know, call miss Cleo.
Speaker 1: Was Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, let's get into it. This is actually we recently touched on this. It's the one where they proved. It was only last month where they communicated through dreams.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wanted to talk about this on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so technically that's ESP for sure, that's psychic phenomenon. Oh yeah, so they proved so basically, two people were able to communicate through lucid dreams for the first time. One participant was asked to focus on a specific message while in a lucid dream. The second participant, also in a lucid dream, confirmed receiving the message. The communication was real time, facilitated by a wearable device that monitored sleep stages and a feedback system. The results demonstrated a complete successful communication between the two dreamers, marking a significant step forward and studying inter dream communication. I'd be curious to know a little bit more about actually, because I remember us talking about how they had like a dream language that they developed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that too, So this is saying that they hooked them up to like instruments and monitored their brain waves and stuff. Yeah, and that's how they determined that they communicated in the dream.
Speaker 2: So they created a language called rimio. I think it's just arbitrary, like they just made it up. It's a special dream language detected by sensors.
Speaker 1: The oh I see, so I see.
Speaker 2: What they did is they use special equipment to basically monitor the different phenomenon that happens during rim sleep, from solving physiological problems to oh no, no, I'm sorry. The applications of this are solving physiological problems, learning their skills, so maybe like learning problems in your sleep.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's very interesting. That is very fascinating. I want to see a little bit more about how they received the message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this was one of the things we're already talking about Monroe. This is one of the things that Emily's like original story about Monroe that really blew my mind, where they were like communicating to each other in their dreams. Like that's something that and then you hear about it all the time.
Speaker 2: We're all doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And remember remember in ted Lasso, he was like, if you see me in your dreams.
Speaker 2: Like like you know in the first episode.
Speaker 1: It's something I've always been curious about, like because I don't know. We've talked about the idea that like maybe the dream world is a place, and I just like want to explore that.
Speaker 2: So I had a really interesting dream situation happened recently.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna I'm gonna be very cryptic in the I'm trying to preserve the identity of people here because it's a very touchy subject. But I have a lot of cousins, okay, and you guys were actually in here when I answered the phone and received the news about this cousin, right, yea, the g og. So anyway, all right, I'm trying to all right, let me tell this story correctly. So it was like Sunday night or something. Sunday night, I had a dream about this cousin, Like this cousin was in my dream, and I don't remember what happened exactly, but I remember waking up and feeling like I needed to reach out to them, and I did it, but my first time.
Speaker 1: Get it together there, I'm sorry, man, this is serious story. I know you did it. I know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I want to hear about it. So I had the dream. They were in the dream.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: I can't remember interacting with them in the dream, but I woke up with this feeling of I need to reach out to this person.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, Okay, so you don't remember what happened in the dream.
Speaker 2: No, but I know they were there. I saw them. You had the impression that maybe they were in trouble or something not in the dream. But I woke up immediately, Like my first thought waking up was I need to reach out to that person. And I ignored it. I was like, that's weird. I never did it.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 2: I hardly talked to them. I was like, that's weird. They have a life, have kids, Like Jenny taught me this. I'm sorry to cut you off, but I'm getting serious now.
Speaker 1: Well, I've learned a lesson.
Speaker 2: But Jenny taught me this actually something she told me years ago. She said, if you ever have someone on your mind and you feel like maybe you should reach out to them.
Speaker 1: You should. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I learned this lesson right because I'm sitting in the studio and with you guys that Wednesday and get a phone call from another one of my cousins who shared the news. Very traumatic thing happened to my cousin in my dream around the time that they showed up in my dream.
Speaker 1: That was the same person that you got the call about.
Speaker 2: Yes, that you had the dream about day.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you didn't tell us that in the moment. No, I didn't. I remembered on the way home from podcast and I told Ryan the next day. But I forgot to tell you Nick. I don't think you did tell me for real. I feel like I would have remembered that then I forgot to tell both of you guys. So they were in my dream. I declined the gut feeling of reaching out to them, like I woke up like I need to read and it was just a hey, thinking about you love you ye, that kind of thing, Like that's what I would have reached out with. Sure, And ended up reaching out the next day after finding out about the news, and the news broke to the family and coincidentally, they just responded to me today right before we came up here.
Speaker 1: Wow. So that is nuts, man, that's some straight up dream communication. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I remember, like, you know, I want to get my dad on here eventually, but come on, dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, let's do it.
Speaker 2: When I mean, I had an uncle who was in the hospital. This is years ago, and my dad had a dream the night that he passed away where he was like, I'm gonna be all right, Like came to him in the dream said he was gonna be okay. And then the next day he found out he passed away.
Speaker 1: Wow. So, and I mean, this is.
Speaker 2: Not uncommon, you know what I mean, I hear about it. I could think of a handful of people I've met in my life who've had a similar situation. I had a moment like that when I was eighteen my great aunt died. Do you remember my my mema sister. Yeah, she's an older sister and she was like always, we were just really close. She died when I was eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, Matt, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So those out there listening, yes, we are that southern family that has all these memals and Pap Paul's.
Speaker 1: Or my grandma's name is Grandmammy.
Speaker 2: Don't you have a mema your mom's mom?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's grandmammy to me. To the young siblings, she's me ma, right, But to me and my brother and sister. In our generation of the kids, she's grandmommy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well on my mom's side, I got my mem Yea and then her her older sister was me Matt. But the way that started was her name was Madeline, uh huh, so you know, somewhere along the line she became me Matt by one of the older cousins when they were like a or something. But anyway, I was really close with her. She was like eighty nine when she died, eighty six actually, and she was really sick and really frail, and she had a stroke, like I don't know, less than six months before she died, and the stroke made her like pretty much paralyzed, like not paralyzed.
Speaker 1: But you know what strokes do.
Speaker 2: They make you just kind of a mobile and like half of your you know, your body SAgs, and she just couldn't really talk anymore, like she didn't have the the faculties to really like communicate. She was already old and frail. She had osteoporosis, so she was bed ridden. I mean her bones would break over and over and it was just like a really pitiful sight and she was just going downhill really fast. And I was a freshman in college, and I remember just being this dumb college kid. I mean, I'm in college for like three or four months at this point, trying to get away and you know, grow up or whatever, and not really making an effort to go see her in the previous three or four months, and she was getting to the point where she was basically on the verge of death. And it was like weeks and weeks she was in the hospital, I guess, waiting to die, but she was waiting for me, and she was like she was not catatonic, she was not like she was not brain dead, but she was. She was just like gave up the will to live. So she just sat in bed for weeks and like didn't really make a peep or a sound. And on a Saturday, I went into the nursing home to see her, and she kinda sat up a little bit and she her eyes got really wide and she was like like she saw me and she was excited to see me. And she passed away like two days later.
Speaker 1: I had a dream.
Speaker 2: I had a dream where I was in the room and I saw that moment when she sat up and she made a sound at me and her eyes got wide, you know, and in that moment that she did that. I saw her above her like I saw her spirit above her body, and she looked down at me and she said, I'm gonna be waiting for you on the other side.
Speaker 1: Like it's okay. I think I remember that dream, and.
Speaker 2: I got the sense that I got the sense that like maybe that's what she was trying something along those lines, like maybe she was trying to tell me something. But she was happy to see me, really relieved to see me, and she finally like let go and gave up, you know, the desire to live and she died days later.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But then you know, a week or so later, that came to me in a dream and I was just floored, like, oh my god, Like I think she really tried to say that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this appears to be one of the most common of these like psychic phenomena that people that happens to people. It just kind of like happens passively to people. It just happens. Yeah, there's a lot, Like Alex said, there's like no shortage of stories of these like communications and dreams kind of scenarios.
Speaker 2: And then there's another crazy story that won't be nearly as long. But so my memhi hasn't. She's the last living sibling out of like ten And anyway, so she had this older brother, ap who passed away about four years ago. It was her last sibling. My mom was in the room. She saw his spirit leave his body and go out the window. When he died, gave his last breath, and his spirit left his body and just flew out the window. Dude, you know my mom, she's like the most skeptical person on earth.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't be making that.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 1: No, are you kidding me? No? No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But anyway, so moving on from the dream communication, I thought that was a fun one, a little short one, and we had just talked about that one ARKI was yeah, yeah, yeah, Now this is a fascinating one. Now I'm not particularly involved with the Rhine Research Center, but there is a history there, so we're let's get into the Rhine. The Rhine is when you think of the realm of parapsychology, which was really emerging in the nineteen fifties. What are you cringing at, Alex, You.
Speaker 1: Pull a bad pack? Could you pull a bad pack?
Speaker 2: Come on show it?
Speaker 1: No, I thought I was gonna get more hour glasses from my money. What'd you pull? Nothing? I didn't pull it up. Hold up, I gotta I gotta say this. Before we started, I said, ales gonna be playing while re recording. He said absolutely. It's been twenty minute. We're twenty minutes in. It's playing.
Speaker 2: He said absolutely. I mean, I don't care if you play, but if you pull something good.
Speaker 1: I didn't play, Okay. I tried to play and then said no, I do two tickets for two for one hour glasses ridiculous. Said I didn't. I didn't play, man, I was just pulling packs. You gotta you go. I didn't a battle. You got a battle to get the hour glasses. Yeah, I know I'm not going to battle right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I want to switch cameras correctly, right and put all of my energy into show.
Speaker 1: That would be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't have the hour glass energy to put in the pulling backs. You gotta put your energy to the show. We are a live man. Bro.
Speaker 1: He's got called out from the class. Hey, I love it. Yeah, I think it's great. He pulled something good. You better show us. Yeah, I can't pull I got no money.
Speaker 2: Dude, who in their right mind would complain about this man pulling Pokemon peck not me. Yeah, that's that's the wrong.
Speaker 1: Priory'd be like if he was over there watching the Lord of the Rings, I know, and I was like, I told you, I tried again right on the way to France.
Speaker 2: No, And that's that's such a mistake. Man, You're in a small airplace.
Speaker 1: That's the worst place to try. That's what I said. That's not the worst place. It's a three hour movie. Me the fourth time I've got you need to watch it with us. Us. My birthday gift from you to me next year is going to be watching Lord of the Rings with me. We'll see. I'll just say something.
Speaker 2: Like that crack in his voice there. Yeah, but we can watch some Lord of the Rings dogs. You're gonna love it. Come on, man, you know it's funny. He never even made it past the part where they're doing like the whole Fellowship of the Ring part, Like he's.
Speaker 1: That's halfway through the movie. Dude. I have seen his birthday party four times. Yeah, you're never watching more than a half hour. That's like the setup part. That's what I've been nothing even happens.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been telling him, Like, you have not even seen any of the ship.
Speaker 1: Pass, bro. He take one look at Agrn. He's in. That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. He's gonna be saying.
Speaker 2: He is Ara Gorn.
Speaker 1: It's literally like his archetype. Yeah, like it's his.
Speaker 2: Anyway, enough about that, I get rid of dude. You at least got to finish the first movie, dude, Come on. So back to the Rhine Center in the nineteen fifties, when parapsychology was like an emerging field. It was actually primarily started by JB. Rhyan, which is just the name of the guy who was like into parapsychology, which is, you know, the study of esp psychic phenomenon, the paranormal, the occult, whatever, the mystical and and blending them with like a scientific lens and out.
Speaker 1: It was based out of Duke.
Speaker 2: Actually it still is. I don't think it's any more like officially connected to Duke. I think they split and became more or less like and now this is just me talking out of my head here, like I don't know these people that well, but I do know them and they're very nice people. Anyway, So it used to be officially a part of Duke. Their address is like literally Durham.
Speaker 1: It's just like flight. We taken credit for that forever, North Carolina take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, plus parapsychology, right, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, And anyway, so now they're like they're like a lot of Duke associates will will work for the Rhine. But my whole point is, I just don't think it's officially entangled with the university anymore, you know, but they hold the whole events on Duke's campus. I've been to some of them. They hold PEG, which is like the I think it's the Psychic Experiencers Group every day. I've actually been invited to that before. No, ship, I don't know if cool. You guys remember doctor Larry Burke.
Speaker 1: Larry, it's been a guest of our absolutely.
Speaker 2: He's involved with the rhyine many years ago, Carolina. Yeah, he's a Duke professor.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, yes, it's coming back to me.
Speaker 2: It's been a while, yeah, of course, but no, I was just with Larry last weekend at my friend Hukkeem's event. A remember I went Tolle that's for my buddy Huqum Larry and his wife went and they were like vendors there. Oh hell yeah, had like a booth and a whole like teaching seminar thing that's sick. But anyway, so the Rhine is very cool. They're kind of like the Monroe Institute in the sense that they do like their own independent scientific studies.
Speaker 1: Of the paranormal.
Speaker 2: But where Monroe is more like an institute dedicated to like teaching them.
Speaker 1: It's like a school.
Speaker 2: Uh, the Rhine Institute is more like if you could imagine where Monroe is a school, Monroe's like a spiritual school. Right.
Speaker 1: Ryane is like a lab. It's like a lab.
Speaker 2: It's purely like a lab, like it's in my yeah moments, scientific publications research. They have all these fancy machines, photon machines and all this crazy stuff. So anyway, I had to kind of set the stage for the Rhine Research Center a center so enter you can, you know you can. I was gonna say, you could grip my center, my heart.
Speaker 1: He's about a drop heat and you know it.
Speaker 2: My heart center. Of course you can grit my heart. So can our minds emit light at a distance? A pre registered confirmatory experiment of mental entanglement with a photo multiplier. So what they did is at the Rhine Institute, they hypothesized that human intention might generate photon emissions detectable by sensitive photo multiplier tube at a distance. Participants usually impairs focus intently on sending light while the photo multiplier measured photon counts for any corresponding fluctuations. The findings revealed slight increases in photon counts during periods of focused intent, hinting at a potential mind to light interaction.
Speaker 1: We talked about this exact experiment, I think on another frequency Spirit science maybe we talked about this exactly. Was it that or was it on Larry Birk's talking about rhyme? That's exactly what you're right, Yeah, because he was talking about the dark room that they set them. Yes, yeah, you're exactly that's right. Didn't He also talked about the.
Speaker 2: Room that was the quietest room in the world and how observed the sound that the human body make. Yeah, because they're measuring like bio energy, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they they had they had repeatable excess success with where like they would be able to get these sensors to show like significant results by people trying to send light to these sensors. So that begs the question like bioenergy can we manipulate or by bio energy? This seems to suggest yes, the findings it's subtle, so they had significant results. But if you think of significant results, like let's say, you know, scale is one hundred, and for it to be considered significant results, you know, the minimum is like, I don't know, fifteen percent out of one hundred or something. They had that minimum statistical significance.
Speaker 1: So bro, I think if you send a single photon out of your brain, yeah, yeah we can. That's a starting point and that just means that it is only up to go from there. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But the point is they're very like, they're very stringent with you know, making a bold claim. So they're like, you know, this is their attitude about this is like, this is real, this is provable, this is repeatable. We need more research, we need more data. It's very subtle results. We want to get better data, more data.
Speaker 1: That is a true scientific approach. It's got to be repeatable for it to be like science, fact has to be replicatable, replicatable in the same conditions over and over other people and peer reviewed and shit like that, and but then to to remit, like maintain the agnosticism, to say, like, we did it, but we're waiting on more data.
Speaker 2: That's this is a published paper. Yeah, Like they actually publish their papers, like they have like PhDs. Some of them Duke professors some of that' I don't know all of them like that. I can't claim that they're obviously not all duke professors, but I know Larry. Larry is a literal Duke professor. But they they like take it really seriously, and they like, you know, they they publish their data. It's like public knowledge. You go to their website, can our minds emit light at the distance they have all the charts to grass on research dot gate, research gate dot net or whatever. John Kruth, you see one of the participate or rather one of the researchers in the experiment. That's the president of the Rhyin.
Speaker 1: We know that guy.
Speaker 2: He's a friend of my dad's. He's a very nice guy, and I think he's like the editor for the Parapsychology magazine out of the Rhine Research Institute. So my whole point is to say that, like, these are very cool people. They're doing very cool work, real data of psychic phenomenon the gansfield experience. Does you have thoughts from.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if you're sending light out of your brain, that's definitely psychic abilities.
Speaker 2: They do other stuff too, that's not like necessarily research papers, like they do the thing with the cards, like reading you know, the back of the cards like in the Ghostbusters movie. They have like this group where they get together every Tuesday. Like I said, it's the PEG, the Psychic Experiencers Group, and they have like open forum discussions about their psychic phenomenon that they experience, dream interpretations they do. They do more like psychokinetic type stuff. So technically that's psychokinesis m because you have you think they're manipulating a physical sensor. Yeah, so they're actually using their mind sending some sort of photon of light whatever. The phenomenon is that you visualize it in your brain and you're getting a machine to light up. That's manipulating matter, that's manipulating physical reality.
Speaker 1: So that falls under the mind right, So nuts, So.
Speaker 2: That technically falls under the category of psychoesis psychoconesis yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Bad ass, dude, Yeah, very cool. I'll turn into Cyclops and just start shooting lasers my eyes.
Speaker 2: I think psychoconesis I think like Gene Gray. Yeah, yeah, Cyclops is like laser vision. I think of that dude from Avatar, which one the guy in that shoots the beam out of ports?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the third iby.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, from Korra right, No, that's from the OgH He's in the fire Nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cyclops.
Speaker 2: I've also been sitting here thinking about our our little the first time me and you tried to do psychic viewing remote you know, I just threw that away last week.
Speaker 1: I still have mine somewhere.
Speaker 2: I just have so much paperwork on my desk.
Speaker 1: I was doing remote viewing without me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was when Amy was here.
Speaker 1: Oh oh cool.
Speaker 2: And we recorded with Amy and then you went home and we did full disclosure that night. And then after full Disclosure, it's probably like midnight or something, we went downstairs and we worked on remote viewing with Amy.
Speaker 1: And we actually got hits. We really did, yeah, three of them. We should do it tonight. Do you remember the Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do we have time tonight? Maybe it'll be cooler. Here's an idea, because we have to record two episodes. Tonight. I think it'd be cooler if on an upcoming episode we did it on the show. You know what I'm saying. Yes, we could record the in that way we're teaching people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's a good that's a great idea. Yeah, I love that. Why not let's do that. Why not I could spy on you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we actually did get hits, but we got some pretty freaky hits. Freaky hits, yeah, like Alex was doing. Admittedly, everybody's different. It's like playing an instrument. Some people play a saxophone, some people play, you know, guitar, some people play piano, drums, whatever. Everybody has different inclinations. Me personally, I'm not really that inclined to remote you Like, I can get hits, but if you're describing like a mountain or you know, if the target is a mountain, for me, the hits are like, hmm, I see some rock, it's something really tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, that might be hella hard for me.
Speaker 2: So I was. My first one was was interesting, like I hit something in the target, but it wasn't like the main target. Like I started drawing trees that were trees in the background of the picture. Then the next one is probably my best one. I drew like I was seeing like this donut shape. It ended up being like an island and it was a it was an area s shaped island. So I drew like this donut shape, and it actually there was this donut shaped island in the picture with a bridge around it. Yeah, and so that we'll what she started talking. And I don't want to like leak a whole bunch of the information that she taught, but she started talking about you know, I was getting so locked.
Speaker 1: Into what was I seeing? What was I seeing? She was like, well, what are you feeling?
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, it's not all about what you see. It's about engaging all five senses. And in that doughnut smell anything, I started feeling like you taste anything. I was on the edge, like there was an edge or like some it some height, like I could feel wind blowing and like I felt high up off the ground. It was an island with a bridge, like a highway bridge, and I was like, that's where I was getting this ledge feeling. I couldn't paint the picture, I couldn't see it, but I could feel the ledge h so interesting. And then you have some people who could vividly see the whole picture, right, So that's just not me. Yea, yeah, I think with practice, maybe we could all get there. But it's just like, I don't know, I think, you know, it's it's just not really my thing. I'm not really like inclined to want to remove you. I've had several exercises doing it. I get some hit so I'm like, yeah, I know it's real. It's just like I don't really feel the drive to do it. It tickles my fancy. Yeah, I really should keep pulling that thread.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I would want to do?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm inclined to want to do, Ben Spoons, That's right, that's right. See, I think that's that's like I think everybody has different gifts, everybody has different fortes. Yeah yeah, and just for me remote viewing, it's like that's cool. But maybe it's someone else's gift it ain't mine.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My heads are always super vague, like anyway, it's cool how it works, right, Yes, very cool? Uh, the gans Field experiments.
Speaker 1: You know what's weird.
Speaker 2: This is a very very famous study in the realm of esp and I had actually never heard of this one, so the gans field experiments were designed to test for extra sensory perception by putting participants into a mild a sensory deprivation state, which researchers believed might enhance subtle size signals. The standard procedure involved two participants, a sender who concentrated on an image or video chosen randomly by a computer, and a receiver who relaxed in a separate room with white noise, translucent ping pong ball halves over their eyes so their eyes are covered by the ping pong ball haves, and a red light to create a blank visual field. In this state, the receiver described any mental impressions they received. Afterward, they were shown four images or videos, one of which was the sender's target, and were asked to identify the one that matched their impressions. If ESP didn't exist, receivers would choose correctly only twenty five percent of the time by chance. Results varied significantly over time. Early studies found hit rates around thirty four percent higher than chance and considered statistically significant, sparking interest in SIE effects or ESP effects, because remember, the random chance would attribute to only a twenty five percent correct margin. They were hitting at least thirty four percent correct, so it's above random, right. There are critics who raise concerns about possible methodological flaws, including randomization issues potential sensory leakage where participants might unconsciously pick up cues unrelated to SIE effects. So in order to address these, they developed the Auto gans felt. That totally sounds like an anime mech Auto Yeah, Auto guns felt. It's like a giant mech robot mobilized. It's fighting a giant monster that comes from space and it has millions of little spawn.
Speaker 1: That I would watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Yeah, I totally would. Man, it's the end of the world and this robot's just like.
Speaker 1: The name of the show is like auto guns Field zero. That sounds like an It.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of Gance Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, Oh my god, right field yeah, which autom Okay, So they developed the auto gans Feld, which automated parts of the experiment to minimize human error and improve rigor Okay. Despite these improvements, the results remain contentious. Some meta analysis, like those by Daryl Bim and Charles Norton, continued to find statistically significant effects, especially when studies adhered strictly to the original procedure. Again, skeptics conducted a meta analysis that found no significant effect across a broader range of studies, suggesting that minor procedural changes might influence outcomes. Further studies have shown the only experiments closely following the traditional Gansfeld protocol show positive results, while those that modify the protocol often don't, So there is evidence of a faint side effect. Again, it's that subtle statistical significance. More research needed, Maybe there's something to it. It's above random. There have been challenges replicating it because, like we saw, when they modify it usually doesn't show positive results, methodological concerns. So because of these things. By the way, this happened like many years ago, like I think it was the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't say.
Speaker 2: That, but yeah, because of the uh, the pushback from skeptics, I think this never broke into like mainstream science. It stayed in the whole realm of you know, parapsychology or whatever. But the fact is there there are real esp effects that have been measured statistically significant, and you know, I'd be willing to see what would happen if they tried it again today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to see that. I just like, I feel like, if there's any sort of sort of statistical evidence whatsoever, and it's above random, like, why are we not just putting all of our resources into figuring this out?
Speaker 2: I think it's paradigm, right. I think it's like I think there's a greater scientific dogma that's like, uh, this stuff's not real unless there's hard proof. But then I also wonder if it's like, well, what can we.
Speaker 1: Do with it? Right? That's that's honestly it because the greatest motivators for scientific really, the greatest motivator for scientific advancement isn't always has been warm. Yeah, what can we do with it? It's always been war?
Speaker 2: See the little ping pong ball with the headset with the white noise, and see they have them like it's total sense, not total but partial sensory deprivation. But I mean, dude, I saw that on YouTube when I was a kid and tried to replicate it. No, did you have any results?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it was like you can hallucinate at home with these items and you put the ping pong balls over your eyes and you shine the red light. You stare at the computer and you put the headphones on and shipmber. Doesn't this look like something of a horror movie? God God experiments a zero like zombies coming out.
Speaker 1: Right? You know? You know the reason you got GPS on your phone right now is because satellites were originally designed and deployed for war. Like every major scientific advancement that you could name, it comes from war. It's the greatest motivator to innovation.
Speaker 2: That's why it's really interesting going to see the CIA leaked documents regarding this stuff. Like one of my favorite leaked document declassified i should say not leaked declassified CA documents is the nineteen eighty four mission of Mars.
Speaker 1: Were they remote viewed? You know who that was?
Speaker 2: No as Joe mc monacall really yeah, dude, It's been my favorite document on that entire website, probably since before we started doing the show. Yeah, it's I'm pretty sure that was project stargeting.
Speaker 1: Yea, even that stuff, even them getting into remote viewing in the seventies and eighties, they're like, we want to spy on our enemies. Yeah, that's like, it's what it's always about.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why they did it. Joe explained it to me, explained it to our whole group. The reason that they began the remote viewing project in the army is because in the I think it was the eighties when it truly began, the generals got together and they were like, Okay, we need to have a serious discussion about this. But the Russians are getting into the occult getting. They have sorcery type practices, they have psychic spying, and our intelligence is telling us that it actually works. Should we be worried about this? Yes, we should be worried about this. Okay, is this something that we can do to counteract the Russians? They determined that that maybe they couldn't. The way it was worded to me, it was like they can't prevent the spying, like they can't block it psychically, but they can counter do it.
Speaker 1: They can spy back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and you can look up the I think it's the Typhoon class submarine, which was like a top secret classified Russian like nuclear submarine that we discovered the remote viewing. It's like declassified information. We actually made tech logical discoveries through remote viewing and a whole bunch of other stuff that's totally real shit. The way they picked him even so, Joe was literally he was like the first one. He was remote viewer zerzer one, and he told us a story. It's a very cool story. So when they were like, okay, well, how do we even recruit people for this, they started to notice that in Vietnam and the other wars around the time of Vietnam, some people would go on these tours and they would come home and all of their buddies and their platoon, all their brothers would die. But they would come home and then they'd go on another tour. The same guy that came home from the last one, same scenario, his whole platoon died. He made it home. How did he make it home? How does this guy keep going on so many combat deployments and he keeps making it home but everyone around him dies. So they decided, Okay, they probably have some sort of super powerful sixth sense situation. Yeah exactly, yeah like that, these individuals probably have a powerful psychic intuition that we could use to harness this kind of thing. And it turned out to be true. So that's how they recruited the psychic Spice was looking at these reports of these soldiers who would come home and they you know, I don't know how many there were, but yeah, it's totally real.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating, Yeah, because that's got to be wild. You keep sending these platoons out there and the same guy keeps coming back. Like what is this guy doing different? He's being guided by his psychic intuition. Yeah, to every decisis sense making is Yeah, that sixth sense is just telling him what how to navigate. Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean it's hard to replicate, but you that applies really easily to life.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it does. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it applies to picking packs, right, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: But you just you know people that like that just like survive everything. Yeah. Yeah. One of my coworker's dads like fell out of a helicopter in a war, and like, for real, he's survived cancer twice. He's had like all kinds of like so many different life threatening he had a heart attack like a month ago, like so many things throughout his life, and he just keeps just keeps trucking. It's like, what is what is the deal? Some people are just like so hyper resilient, and I gotta think it's something right, right. I think I gotta think it's something deeper than the surface level. It's not just like, oh he's lucky. I think there's something deeper there. For sure. He got that psychic that psychic powers.
Speaker 2: Bro, you triggered something for me here with the pack thing. Is that My introduction to this phenomenon in my youth was playing this card game with my mom called golf. You ever play a card game called golf? You have six cards basically, and you strategically kind of want to trade him out and flip him over to get the lowest score. I'm not going to explain the whole game, but basically you'd be He had a point where you have to flip over one of these six face down cards that you have, and I remember closing my eyes and seeing the six cards and then one of them would start.
Speaker 1: Glowing in my in my oh wow, and I would flip that card over. Dude, that's so wild. You know our buddy Jesse that grew up on my street. Uh, he used to come over all the time and like swim in the pool and whatever. And I remember this one time we were playing. We were just like in the pool, playing the stupid game. And he was like, all right, you gotta close your eyes and I'm going to like go somewhere in the pool and you gotta like point me out or whatever. And he was like he would like make me put my hand over my eyes and everything, and I swear to you, bro, this was like I was probably like ten or something. I would like look at him and then I would put my hand over my eyes, and I swear to you, there was this no it was like this like this ball of like like energy. That's not the best way to explain it. It was almost like a star burst like energy, like just like going around and as he would move, I would see it move, so I would just follow it with my finger and whatever. And I swear my hands are over my eyes and I'm following it. And then i'd open and I'd be pointing right at him and he's like, you're cheating, and I was like, no, I can see it. I don't know what's happening, but like I can see this like thing. And it would happen over and over every time i'd point right to him.
Speaker 2: I think children don't have that filter, you know, And that's so cliche. Everybody says that you see it in the horror movies, but like, I really think so, Like I think children are way more in tune in that stuff because you don't have that doubt filter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm trying to do that kind of st because I'll remember that and be like, I wonder if I could do something like that now, and then I'll try. And it's like I have gotten it to work like once or twice as an adult, but it's like as a kid, it was just boom. I would just do it and I would just see it. It was like really weird. Yeah, really weird. That's wild. He was convinced that I was just like peeking or whatever. I know.
Speaker 2: I talked about this briefly when Arkie was on a few weeks ago, but there there was an experience recently where I was like kind of spontaneously going out of body a little bit and my eyes were closed and I was wide awake from bed, but I could see through my closed eyelids. I could see the room around me, and I was like, whoa.
Speaker 1: It was very weird.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think I think, like I think we are approaching a time where this kind of information is going to rapidly unfold, and it has to do with the phenomenon. I think, like the more the world begins to see this stuff, the more we're gonna kind of like grasp and like you know, make contact with this sort of information, with this sort of knowledge. And I think we're gonna be really shocked at like how far we can develop this stuff. I think anything is pretty much possible within reason, within following the laws of the physical universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta follow the laws of physics. Yeah, I was just watching the point. Yeah, I was just watching that interview with Sad Guru and he was talking about how the human body has reached the peak of its evolution and that I agree. Consciousness evolution it's the next step, is the next step.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing to make sense.
Speaker 1: Psychic consciousness evolution being able to manipulate first. He said, it will start first with manipulating our own bodies with our minds, because that's what he explains that he he does and has done, and he explains that's kind of what people who reach enlightenment do. They learn how to quite literally change the chemistry within their bodies with their minds to match a like blissful state of consciousness at all time. That's cool. Yeah, how long is this interview? It was a good like two and a half hours or so.
Speaker 2: I'll probably watch it tomorrow. Christ Ginny and I have a drive to Faate go to North Dakota.
Speaker 1: It was it was a really awesome and profound and b it's with THEO Von So it's hilarious, right, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm stoked for that one.
Speaker 1: It's great. I'll definitely throw That was like a shock I was. I saw it came out of nowhere right. I saw the thumbnail. It was THEO and sad Guru.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, Yeah, I don't even listen to podcasts like that, Like I follow theovon, but I don't regularly, you know, listen to the show. But that one I'm very excited to listen to, really really And it's not that I don't like the show. I'm just not much of a consumer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's like I'm constantly listening to podcasts and it's mostly like comedians and uh people like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm just I justoke for that one.
Speaker 1: I've been really into necro Goble co on the I've been seeing it, dude, it's so good. I've been seeing clips of it.
Speaker 2: He's got like big people on it, and.
Speaker 1: He just started up. Yeah, and it's really really it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing Uh. He had someone on the other day that was like I can't remember who it was, but it was like a really big comedian or something.
Speaker 1: First guest was Andrew Santino. His second was Pete Holmes.
Speaker 2: I saw that was yeah, Pete, Pete Holmes, Andrew Centino, and there was someone else and I was like, who is this guy? How's he getting these people? And it's like a big band.
Speaker 1: He's oh, they're a huge band. But also like he keeps his identity completely obscure, Like I think you might be able to dig and find out who it is, but from context clues, it sounds like you know who it is. No, sounds like he's a comedian though. Yeah, he's like one of the I saw a clipper.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm really good at improving and it was just like really bad, but it was funny.
Speaker 1: It's a funny show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, it's so funny. Saguru he straight upset it. The next step in evolution for humanity is psychic and conscious. It's it's manipulating things with our minds. I love that.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny talk about love and stuff. I just pulled this up and and I love this that. There is a horror film that came out in twenty fourteen called The Gansfeld Haunting. Oh no, it's a recreation the picture. Yeah, look you see it, pull a pack.
Speaker 1: Alex looks like a minion.
Speaker 2: It looks like a yeah it does done, it like an evil minion. I think I have like one or two more studies and then we can just float out of here. Fuck yeah, I've got two more. The Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research This went on at Princeton apparently, which I thought was pretty wild. But so, from nineteen seventy nine to two thousand and seven, the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Lab, or the Pair Lab, conducted groundbreaking experiments exploring whether human consciousness could influence physical systems. So again it's that psychokinesis effect like what they did at the Ryan Center. By the way, the Rhine does way more than the study that I said. I only reference that one because it's a published paper. They have many more that they're working on now that are not published papers. I'm keeping this to like published you know, published data, but anyway, so.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Exploring whether human consciousness could influence physical systems. One of their core studies involved using random event generators, devices designed to produce sequences of statistically random numbers. The participants attempted to influence these systems, with their thoughts being to shift the numbers away from randomness. They produced results suggesting that human intention can indeed influence physical systems in subtle ways over millions of trials millions from the seventies. From nineteen seventy nine to two thousand and seven, they did millions of trials. They observed small but statistically significant which means true, you know, deviations in the behavior of the rigs or the random number generators, particularly when participants focus their mental attention on influencing outcomes. The significance of the effect was generally small, often around one in one thousand out of millions, but the consistent results over extensive testing indicated a non random correlation between human intention and physical processes. Beyond the random number generators. The pair lab also explored other phenomenons such as the behavior of mechanical devices a random mechanical cascade, or Murphy is what they nicknamed it, pendulums and even robots, all with the goal of testing whether human intention could alter their outcomes. I've seen this before.
Speaker 1: It sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: I've seen where people have like tried to alter the behavior of robots with their thoughts.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was this. We may have also talked about this one. Yeah, really familiar.
Speaker 2: It does sound familiar with the robots, and I feel like maybe you talked about this one.
Speaker 1: We may have. I don't know, but anyway, I think we did.
Speaker 2: That's that's definitely given me deja vu. Yeah, I just see the picture of my mind. Maybe man, maybe maybe we all are. And these experiments data indicated measurable shifts aligned with participants intentions, further suggesting a connection between mind and matter. However, these results have been controversial. Critics have argued that the observed effects, while statistically significant, were small and might have been influenced by factors such as experiment or bias, environmental conditions or chance fluctuations, and highly sensitive equipment. And you know what people say, we see satellites, so I don't give a sh shit. Despite criticism, pairs work helped to advance the field of consciousness research, and it continues to spark debate about the potential interaction between the mind, matter and consciousness affecting physical reality. So some of their key conclusions were that certain individuals or operators exhibited particularly strong psychic abilities, and the effects varied between participants. Yeah, I swear we talked about robots on a previous Spirit Science episode.
Speaker 1: It might have been like frequency and vibration. Yeah something, can you look that up? Chat? Yeah, like a stream? Has it done? Chat? A chat chat? So that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool, right, Like messing with robots and pendulums and random number generators and getting results.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cragnificant results. Yeah, there's always skeptics out there that are like, it is not significant, Oh, experimental bias, and like there's always skeptics. But in my opinion, like if the if the stats are significant enough to suggest that it's not random, we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's enough to suggest it's not random, then maybe we should do more. Maybe we should replicate this, Maybe we should keep going. It does baffle me a little bit, like white people don't keep.
Speaker 1: Going with this yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I understand the original people not keep going with this because they did it for like thirty years or twenty years, but like other people should catch wind of this and be like, oh my god, let's do this. I agree, there's something to it. And then we got one more the This is another really famous one, apparently. I don't think I've heard of this one, and I don't know if I'm saying this right, But the Mama needs Mema needs, the Mema needats I don't know. Medical center studies The Mama needat Medical Center studies conducted by researchers like montaig Olman and Stanley Kripner. They're some of the most popular ESP studies in all of history, particularly dream telepathy. I put this one at the end to correlate with the first one we talked about. Conducted between the sixties and the seventies. It focused on testing the hypothesis that people could experience telepathic communication during their dreams. Very interesting considering that just last.
Speaker 1: Month we proved this without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know they were talking about this is the sixties. Yeah, So in the experiment, a cinder in one room would focus on a randomly selected image, while the receiver, in another room, typically in a state of rim sleep, was monitored for eye movements to determine when they were dreaming upon waking.
Speaker 1: Now we have like little.
Speaker 2: Bracelet sensors and all kinds of crazy technic as far as we have to watch people's eyes. You know, are they in rapid eye movement in the sixties? Right, So, upon waking, the receiver was asked to describe the dreams they had, and their descriptions were then compared to the images. The success rate was notably higher than what would be expected by chance, with significant results indicating a possible connection between the dreamer's content and the cinder's image. You know, I really should have swapped the order of these and read this one first and the other one. But it's interesting to see how they were doing this back then.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, Another feature of this study was the significant statistical success For example, in one of the experiments, the success rate of the participants was calculated at one in one thousand, with odds showing it was highly unlikely that these results were due to chance alone. The data from this research has been met with both praise and criticism. Yeah, I know, whatever they always show both sides, particularly due to the challenges of replication in other labs. Overall, the research suggests that the phenomenon of telepathic communication during dreams is probable highly probable. The findings also sparked discussions about the broader implications of psychic phenomenon and how it relates to the mind, sleep, consciousness. And that's very interesting that we started off the episode with the proof last month that they a month that they did it, you know, like October twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That's groundbreaking, you know what?
Speaker 2: That reminds me of dream scenario with Nick cageh That movie was spoiler alert, spoiler alert. It is a very good movie. If you're if you're like an inkling of a Nick Cage fan, go watch the movie. But it's it reminds me of that because here's the spoiler. If pause it now if you want to see the movie without spoiler. But at the end, that's kind of where it ends up, is they communicate in dreams. Yes, so like the whole movie the world is having nightmares about him. Starts off as good dreams, they're silly dreams. Then they turn into like literal nightmares. The whole world hates them whatever. And then in the end, after there's some sort of time skip. Uh, you see these ads where people are like selling these devices, remember, and they're giving like selling products and dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the device was to like the ads, it was, well, the purpose of the device was to like block bad dreams. And then they just like companies, right, companies started pumping it full.
Speaker 3: Of ads, which is exactly what would happen if that was a real and they're like filming commercials and then the commercials are getting like bean, you're right, Yeah, it was to block bad dreams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then ads were getting beamed into their head. But then Nicholas Cato's character figures out the very very end of the movie, he figures out how to manipulate that and send himself into his ex wife's dream and remember he goes, I wish this.
Speaker 1: Was for you. Yeah, and then it just like floats away.
Speaker 2: It's very sad, but very funny.
Speaker 1: I watched that movie again since we watched it. Yeah, I don't remember who with, but God, I was really you know, I've been on like the past couple of years, like I've been hitting them Nick Cage movies. It was a while Yeah, there was a while where I was like, no, watch that one, No, I want to watch that one really bad. It's good, but like it's really the unbearable weight of massive talent. That movie was an amazing pig. That movie is incredible, like he's been hitting it with was like his comeback. Oh and the Color Out of Space.
Speaker 2: There's another one. It's It's the one that's like based on what's that game Five Nights at Freddy's.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah, yeah, it's It's and then and that one just came out. That Long Legs movie, which I heard mixed things about.
Speaker 2: I heard I personally loved that movie really, but I mean it is like a horror film.
Speaker 1: It's pretty awesome. Yeah it is. It's fucking awesome. Yeah. I was like, yeah, Alex liked it. I think we all liked it. I was pretty intrigued.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of that movie is very polarizing. It's very like it's fifty percent people either.
Speaker 1: Loved it or hated it. Yeah, that's what I was getting.
Speaker 2: So I could tell you why, but it would spoil the movie.
Speaker 1: So like after the movie, if.
Speaker 2: You decide to watch it, but it's a creepy ass movie.
Speaker 1: It's just like I've seen clips from it, and like his performance seems really cool.
Speaker 2: Imagine like a much much scarier sounce of the Lambs.
Speaker 1: Okay with the Devil. Yeah, I was with Nick Cage.
Speaker 2: He's pigeonholed in my brain into being one character.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So I was very skeptical about his performance. Honestly incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, the movie's vibe is on it. The dude's a good actor, he really is.
Speaker 2: And have you seen pig No, But I think he got slept on for a long time because he got pigeonholed into being one role he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's how I was feeling for a long time. And long Legs is fire. These last like five years, he's just been just banger after banger.
Speaker 2: He must have got a new agent or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know what I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think he was at the point of no return, like after like destroying his career and just being at the complete rock bottom under success, especially with like Ghostwrider. I think Steale his fate. I think he just hit a point.
Speaker 1: Where he's like, whatever, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna do it. And and I think I think he just like didn't look back and just didn't care. And he was such a meme at that point that I think he I think he got meaned back into even more success.
Speaker 1: And he is also an actor who you can tell he is truly obsessed with acting and with like movie culture in general. He is so obsessed he's like a savant when it comes to film, Like, yeah, he can name anything about any film ever made, Like he's.
Speaker 2: So do you know who made Long Legs? Oz Perkins, the son of Anthony Perkins, who is the original Norman Bates and Psycho.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. I was just talking about that movie today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is reminiscent a little bit of Psycho really. I mean it's like, you know, not based on it, but yeah, Long Legs was fire like to me, it was like damn near ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there's that other group that like they hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've talked to some people who are like that movie was whack as fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, it's like, do those people do they watch Nick Cage movies?
Speaker 1: Right? That that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: It's a Nick Cage movie, yes, And you gotta get Nick see here's the yes and here's the thing. Like they didn't really show Nick Cage and the trailer. Yeah, so people are thinking it's like, oh, he's just in it.
Speaker 1: Nah, dude, he's like full prosthetic, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's it's a Nick Cage movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, I want to watch it. The performance seems really awesome.
Speaker 2: I like how we just like started talking about Nick.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about Nick Cage all day.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with Nick cag He's awesome. I saw a video the other day where he said there's been five movies in his entire career that when he was handed a script, five movies ever where he said, this is perfect. I don't want to change a single thing. I will do the role exactly as you gave it to me and not question it whatsoever. And one of those four of them I had never heard of. The fifth one was dream Scenario. He said it was perfect, one of the best scripts he's ever seen in his life.
Speaker 1: Dude, Look, I know we spoiled it, And if you're still listening and still interested, just watch the trailer. The trailer alone. As soon as I saw it, I was like, I need to watch this right now, because the premise is insane. The whole world starts dreaming about him, and then he's walking around and people are like, oh my god, I know I saw you in my dream, and then they all start getting terrified of him, and it's like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 2: Like the up Nightmares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that movie was wild.
Speaker 2: Well, look, last thing I'll say about Long Legs right because I really was taken aback by that movie. As far as horror film goes, there's like certain different metrics to me after seeing close to two hundred of them, one hundred and fifty of them at least at this point, where like there's a certain metric for Okay, is the vibe good? Is is it actually scary or not? You know, I can live with that, but there is like a that's a factor, you know, the plot, YadA, YadA, YadA. As far as vibe goes, Long Legs is a ten, Like it's what I care about them in the horror space, Like the vibe is perfect. It's just one of those movies. It's like like Hereditary or like this movie The Void, which maybe maybe you would like. It's one of the best love crafty and horror films ever made. The vibe is just a and it's not many movies you come across with that kind of vibe.
Speaker 1: So that's vibe is the most important thing. I've like told people before, like a movie could be a six or seven on everything else, but if the vibe is a ten out of ten, oh, I'm gonna be obsessed with Yeah, like that's all. It's all about the vibe for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same here, same here for the most part. Yeah, but you know what, that's a wrap. That's all the studies I have.
Speaker 1: Let's go crack some packs. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll take a short break. That's what I was gonna say, crack a couple of packs. I had fun talking about psychic stuff. It's always a blast. And I really had fun taking a detour about Nick Cage at the end. I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pops up in the most unexpected places.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch Mandy, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been wanting to watch it for years. That movie is like a fever drink. Since before I even saw The Color, I keep wanting to call it the color.
Speaker 2: It was his comeback. Yeah, it was literally his comeback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna peep that.
Speaker 2: So anyway, something I do want to say. You guys have probably notice we have a new outro. That's great. But I just realized that we never mentioned on there that you get early access to our episodes on Patreon and ad free. So that's just an extra perk of our Patreon. I thought i'd throw that in there. Two days early, no ads. So if you want to see these apps a little early and you hate the ads, give us some support on patreon dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash bloods esays.
Speaker 2: And you know what if that if the Patreon is too much and it's not something that you are willing to do, thank you very much for tolerating the ads. Just listening to the show supports us. And either way, just being a part of our little family here and just sitting in the room with us and just watching us shoot the breeze about Mandy snapping Demon next and you know, dream sneerio whatever, it helps us out and it fuels our dreams. So thank you. And that's all I got to say. Let's crack some packs.
Speaker 1: Let's crack some packs. Bye, guys, what up bomies.
Speaker 2: If you like the show and want more, check out atreon dot com slash bledsosaid so.
Speaker 1: This will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our discord community with hundreds of open minded people just like you.
Speaker 2: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosaidso dot com for merch. We have T shirts, hats, hoodies and more.
Speaker 1: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at bledsosaids, same time next week