Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I did not watch The Golden Bats of Rat last night.
Speaker 1: Man, that show had be reaching for an exit bag. I mean, I better be nice to my husband because honestly, the idea of the market, huh, dating in the winter of my life it looks awful, just awful winter either is she She's only sixty one years old. But man, that was a tough watch. That was hard to get through. And the amount of guys that are widows or widowers I guess. I mean, if I heard another SOB story about a woman dying in the prime of her life from cancer or what have you, I was like, God, what are you trying to get me to do? Jump off the roof with this show.
Speaker 2: Well, if they were well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if they were divorcees, would they be less?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, absolute, yes, I think so. I think that was the question that I answered last night, was you're not going to root for the guy who left his wife and three kids when she you know, when they were fifty or what have you. You're not gonna want You're not gonna root for that guy. You're not gonna want him to end up with her, And she probably doesn't want to end up with somebody like that too, So that's probably why they leaned heavily on widowers. But man tough to get through. I found myself getting more involved with all the explosions and the rigging of Hesbelah. I mean, I was reading that news during that I was just like, enough of this love stuff. Get me back to the movie. I can't wait to watch, because the long game Israel has shown is incredible.
Speaker 3: Isn't it, Patience, It is really pretty incredible. The leader of Hesbela, Hassanas Raala, actually addressed Lebanon in the nationwide television appearance today just in fact, within the last two hours or so, and while he was speaking, just minutes before he start guarded speaking, Israel launched a series of air strikes against Hesbola targets in Lebanon. And then while he was speaking, they're breaking the sound barrier over Bay Root, so it sounds like even more explosions are going off while he's trying to address the nation and saying pledging. I suppose that Hezbollah will retaliate in some way for the attacks.
Speaker 2: So we know.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday, thousands of pagers blew up almost exactly at the same time at about three point thirty in the afternoon in Lebanon and blew off hands and blew holes in people and killed a handful of people, including a nine year old they said, who had grabbed her dad's pager to give to him once it started beeping. And then yesterday a series of walkie talkies blew up, same kind of explosions, people lost hands, et cetera. The death toll was a little bit higher when it came to the walkie talkie explosion string and in case some cases actually hit some of the funerals for people who had been killed the day before.
Speaker 1: I feel awful for the children who died. I have a hard time drumming up any sort of feelings for people that are in a terrorist organization. If you're going to work in terror, then the risk is there. The risk needs to be accepted. I'm wondering how Iran reacts to this, because this shows them as a weak player in all of this. What do you mean, well has blaws connection to Iran? And I mean how do they respond, Are they going to respond? What's going to go on? I mean, and when does this end? And is it just the pagers and the walkie talkies or is this just the beginning the opening salvo?
Speaker 2: Well, there was a story. It's funny that you say that.
Speaker 3: So shindn Bet is the Israeli security department basically intelligence if you want to call it that, a version sort of a combination of FBI and CIA. They say they disrupted an Iranian plot to assassinate several leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin att Yahoo, the Defense Minister Galant, and the director of Shinbett, a guy named Ronan Barr. So Iran is trying, I suppose to react, but they can't or they haven't yet they did.
Speaker 1: Iran's Revolutionary Guards commander Hassein Salami said that Israel will face a crushing response from the Axis of Resistance.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well it hasn't materialized yet. The New York Times actually has a pretty detailed version of exactly how Israel built what they referred to as a modern day Trojan horse. I mentioned the leader of Hezbollah, this guy named Hassan Asrala. He saw a bunch of his senior guys getting picked off left and right, and he couldn't. They finally put two and two together and said, oh, hey, maybe that iPhone or that Samsung Galaxy that you carry with you all the time is showing Israeli intelligence where you are twenty four hours a day. So he said, we need to lower our technology footprint, but stay in contact. And one of the things that they wanted to do was he wanted to invest in pagers. Obviously it's not a two way communication most of them, but it does it's an easy way to disseminate information to a lot of people in a very quick in a very quick manner. Well, Israel had known that they were trying that that was going to be one of their next steps. So they set up a fake company, BAC Consulting, based out of Hungary that was going to produce pagers on behalf of a Taiwanese company, gold Apollo, which was also a fake company the whole time. And then there were two smaller companies that were created to mask the real identities of the people who were building the pagers. These Israeli intelligence officers, and the BAC did actually produce pagers for ordinary client ones that you know, don't blow up, so that when has Block came knocking, they could be like, oh yeah, I got references left and right. You look at all great our pagers are. We have the greatest pagers. Then when has blog gets them, they have a couple ounces of that PETN in them, which, when triggered, blew off people's hands.
Speaker 1: So much of the world's electronic supply chain runs through Taiwan or through other countries in East Asia. However, construction of the typical modern gadget involves dozens of countries, a dizzeying number of component suppliers, contractors, subcontractors. It's hard to know exactly where everything came from with these phones, and officials in Washington have become well they have for years decades have warned that dependence on overseas manufacturers for everything from batteries to cargo cranes are going to bring these security risks. So now there's even more of a push to localize this kind of manufacturing, so to speak, with the production of these critical technologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in all honesty, I mean it does make you think twice about how much of our technology comes from China. And there were you know it's not a conspiracy theory. Fear to believe that if we have routers or switchers, I don't even think we use those anymore, or phones or pagers or listening devices that are just implanted in our phones that we don't know about. Could they be triggered similar to the way that is reel triggered these allegedly is real triggered these pages and walkie talkies to blow up simultaneously. The bottom of the hour gonna put a probably put a bow on the story about that I seventy five shooter in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Looks like they have found his body.
Speaker 3: A couple polls that have come out looks like most voters were pretty impressed with Vice President Harris after the debate, but it hasn't really made it huge impact in the larger polls when it comes to the presidential race. New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, and Siena College. All three of those polls found that she did score better in the debate, but that she only has managed to bump up a couple of tenths of a percentage point nationally when it comes to her support. There's also a poll from the Washington Post. It does show that Harris is favored forty eight percent of likely voters and registered voters forty seven percent for Trump. And again that's nationwide. When you exclude minor candidates, they're both at forty eight percent right now among likely voters in a national Washington Post poll.
Speaker 2: So I mean, we're.
Speaker 3: Not this is not going to get any It does not appear to be there's going to be any event that takes place between now and November fifth.
Speaker 2: That blows this thing wide open.
Speaker 1: Of the Department of Homeland Security. Agents who helped raid Ditty's Florida mansion claimed that Ditty had rooms that were clearly quoting here dedicated to sex, with cameras all around. They were filled with sex, marital aids, bondage gear, hidden cameras, lingerie. And he says that this guy was as bad as Epstein. He said, if you were in those sex parties, you were being recorded from every possible angle, including angles you wouldn't have known about.
Speaker 2: Oh, like they were hidden cameras. Okay, we're going to do some sort of new angle on the camera.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have no idea. My imagination is not that healthy. I have no idea what that would be, well, I'm getting annoyed listening to people kind of make fun of this story. Why it's not funny. It's not oh freak offs, oh or sex origin, live origin. It's like, no, no, this isn't fun Like, this isn't fodder.
Speaker 2: This is awful.
Speaker 1: This guy was a complete monster who took advantage and abused and kidnapped and held captive tons of women. You know, it made them, you know, kept them captive while they healed from the injuries that he caused with these live rapes that he directed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said that.
Speaker 3: And like the Jeffrey Epstein case, in terms of the it wasn't one person, they said. The indictment blames security staff, household staff, personal assistants, and other associates that were helping hide all of this criminal activity by using violence, the intimidation, the manipulation, some bribery, some threats even And another parallel to the Jeffrey Epstein is that there was a finger quotes Gleainne Maxwell. One of the lawsuits that was filed against Ditty came from a music producer, the guy named Rodney Jones, went by Lil Rod.
Speaker 2: He talked about this lawsuit. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: He talked about her in this lawsuit from several months ago. Her name is She's not been charged with a crime, to be clear, but her name is Christina Kram. She was functioning basically as Ditty's chief of staff and a couple of different ways that did he praised her for, you know, putting a smile on his face all the time and making sure that his empire stayed running day to day. According to that lawsuit from lil Rod, one of the ways that she quote made sure that didd Hey smiled every day was by requiring everyone around him around Diddy to carry a poucher a fanny pack filled with narcotics so that he could indulge in his drug habit whenever he wanted.
Speaker 2: Again, that's from a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: This isn't part of the criminal complaint from the Feds, but this idea that she was the one controlling all of this, that she must have had knowledge of the sex parties that were going on, because she was also in the lawsuit blamed for hiring, acquiring whatever word you want to use, the sex workers and some of the women that we're going to be used.
Speaker 2: In these shows. I don't even know what to describe it as it.
Speaker 1: Should be said. These women are young, either barely legal or not not even right, and you know, you hit on something that probably is my most troubling thing. There will be monsters in this world. There will be monsters. There will be men or women who are awful people, but it's the again, mostly men. But it is the people that enable the monsters that let me down the most. It's the people around them that are easily bought and sold and will do anything, and they only care about number one and nobody that's being hurt by this monster. That's the part that really lets me down when I think about humanity.
Speaker 2: Well, there had to be.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of people who knew what he was into and what he was doing, just like with Epstein, right, and they did nothing because of money or because of power or greed or what have you, knowing that these young, vulnerable girls were just being assaulted regularly.
Speaker 3: And there's some disconnect because I think the vast majority of us would look at this and go, how do you How could you possibly just turn a blind eye to what's going on? And then there are some people who would say that but would still do it. Right, You know that if you were to say to this woman, if in fact she's ever indicted as part of this, if you were to say to her, how could you possibly, you know, think of this scenario as something healthy, And she would say something along the lines of, oh, no, of course not, it's not. But everything she did enabled this guy to continue this just absolute degrade.
Speaker 1: It's not just her though, It's the people that work there. It's his friends, it's his associates, it's the guys that were taking part in this. I mean, the network has got to be massive in terms of people that could have raised the red flag and said no more, not on my watch. You know what I'm doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Watching football?
Speaker 1: Well, I am watching football, but I'm going to the Appalachian State football game. They're taking on the South Alabama Jaguars. The Mountaineers are Daniel Jeremiah, who's our analyst on the broadcast, works for NFL Network Move the Sticks podcast. He played for app State. He was a quarterback there. In his time. They used to call him what did they call him?
Speaker 2: Move the six?
Speaker 1: No Man? What was his name?
Speaker 2: DJ No?
Speaker 1: I'll figure it out, but anyway, it's cool.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like a good nickname.
Speaker 1: Jerea Messiah is what they called him. He was like a comeback king when he played. Yeah, so I guess they're gonna be honoring him. Yeah. His overtime Jeremiah's overtime touchdown from a thirty to twenty seven victory in nineteen ninety eight ranks number one on the list of top moments and app States history with wake Forest.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you get to is he gonna go with you? He's got like a box. The whole family is going to be there, so we'll be there with him.
Speaker 2: That's very cool.
Speaker 3: So yes, as Christian mentioned Patriots Jets Night on Thursday Night football, Angels beat the White Sox again forty three, so they actually move on to Houston five ten first pitch Tonight, Dodgers won again in Miami eight to four, and Shoheo Tani stole another base, so he's at forty nine steals for the season, forty eight home runs as he heads towards what would be the first fifty to fifty season in history.
Speaker 2: They'll play again. They have a one forty first pitch today.
Speaker 3: Jelly Roll is going to be the musical guest on the first episode of the fiftieth season. If you can believe that of Saturday Night Live, and you'll like this even more. Shannon Jeane Smart is going to be the host.
Speaker 2: Oh very cool.
Speaker 1: I love it all the way around. That's great.
Speaker 3: That first show for Saturday Night Live for their fiftieth season. Weird is going to be next Saturday Night second week host is going to be stand up comedian Nate Bargatzi and musical guest Coldplay, and then Ariana Grande, Michael Keaton, and John Mulaney. Of course former Saturday Live writer John. They round out the first five hosts of this incredible fiftieth season.
Speaker 1: I got to check that out. I got to watch that. What time is that air?
Speaker 2: I don't even want to answer that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious. I'm never up that late.
Speaker 3: It is funny that you say that, because in the last several years, I want to say, probably five or six years, they have been airing it live on the West Coast, so it airs at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Perfect. See that's the thing with it. That that's why I never watched it. I'm just never up that late.
Speaker 3: Well, and my thing is I always recorded, I'm always busy. I can never remember at eight thirty on a Saturday night. You know, you get a couple of pops in me and I forget my own name right, and you're out clubbing. I'm out clubbing or I'm out cold, one of the two. So but I'll always record it and then watch it later.
Speaker 1: Okay, just quickly, an update on this story out of Kentucky, Laurel County. The people of Laurel County can rest assured now it's been a very rough couple weeks because it was on September seventh that a guy perched on a cliff overlooking Interstate seventy five and just started shooting indiscriminately, shooting at passing vehicles. One of the people was wounded, shot in the face, another shot in the chest. A dozen vehicles struck by gunfire. This was a guy who purchased an AR fifteen style rifle, thousand rands of amoster and sending text messages like I'm going to kill a lot of people, well try at least, and then I'm gonna kill myself. And that's exactly what he did. He went out there trying to kill people. Luckily no one died, and then he killed himself. They finally found his body in this heavily wooded area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know how they found it. They said that they noticed vultures and a strong odor. Oh awful, and then ran into a couple of YouTubers who were also in the area looking for him, and they all stumbled on the body at the same time.
Speaker 1: They're going to receive a twenty five thousand dollars reward for their role in locating the body.
Speaker 2: But not the vultures. Feels like the vultures might want to get over.
Speaker 1: I just thought rewards were only good to find somebody alive.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they felt like they this was important enough to put to put a bow on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make sure comfortable, yet to make sure he's dead.
Speaker 3: The Japanese manufacturer whose name was on those walkie talkies that blew up in Lebanon yesterday says they stopped building that thing a decade ago. This company called kom a telecom equipment maker based in Osaka, Japan. They said they last shipped those ICV eighty two transceivers to the Middle East back in October of twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And ever since then, they said they've warned of what it called a surge in counterfeit transceivers, that the people were making fake, fake walkie talkies using the Kom name, And as I mentioned earlier in the hour, it turns out that Israel had apparently put up a couple of bogus front companies and had somebody build what looked like the walkie talkies to then put explosives in them.
Speaker 1: Well, for the first time in decades, data shows a sudden, big drop in drug overdose deaths across the country. The head of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, doctor Nora Volkow, says, this is exciting. This looks real, very very real. These figures show an unprecedented decline in drug deaths of roughly ten point six percent. Now that's a huge reversal because we were seeing an increase double digit percentages for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and researchers say that it's probably going to be even better when the federal surveys are updated to reflect the improvements that we've been seeing at the state levels. In the States, it's easier obviously smaller, smaller units, it's easier to get quickly collected data systems, and now we're seeing declines of twenty thirty percent according to an expert at University of North Carolina. So we could even be better than the ten point six percent nationwide. And the question is why you talked to a guy on the street, for example, and PR caught up with Dan. No, that's not Dan. Kevin Donaldson. They describe him as living with addiction in Burlington, Vermont. He says that he and members of his community have learned better ways to look out for each other as these overdoses have been ravaging their community.
Speaker 1: Well, they haven't stopped doing the fentanyl now, they're just caring the nalos whatever, narca or what is it.
Speaker 2: Called, Yeah, Narcan, narcan or noloxone.
Speaker 1: The lox zone. I've never seen the lock zone before. So it's just the same thing as Narkan.
Speaker 2: I think Narkan is the brand name.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the medication that reverses most opioid overdoses. So they said somebody around is going to have narcan or noxalone, that they are monitoring each other, They're looking out for each other. Hey, Bob, I'm going to shoot some or how do you do fentanyl? Just pills? Right, I'm going to take some fentanyl I'm gonna have some of the big f today. Keep an eye out on me. Yeah, all right, Steve, I'll check up on you around noon.
Speaker 2: Around noon.
Speaker 1: It is a tight community, isn't it. I get.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, if and if your friend, your acquaintance, your neighbor, I don't know what the word would be, your comrade in arms is going to shoot up, and if you're not going to do it, at the same time, you're like the designated driver within the lock zone in your pocket, ready to go, and then you you zap them with that thing, just a couple of shots up the nose and then and then they come back.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean it is good though that people. It's people are becoming more knowledgeable how dangerous the street drugs are and how you can't take drugs anymore because the chances that there's ventanyl in that that will kill you are great, great chances.
Speaker 3: A couple things that they point to, not just more melo zone on the streets available to people who are you know, literally at the front lines, whether it's first responders, police paramedics, things like that, but people have it in their pocket while they're going to be using it. They also talk about the availability of medical treatments for fentyl addiction, medications for opioid use disorders. Addiction treatment healthcare services have also been increased. We've been pouring a lot of money into those. So there's not just one thing that has precipitated this great good news drop in the number of people who are odeing.
Speaker 2: But we just got to figure out how to make sure it continues.
Speaker 1: And I just think that we should take a bit of a victory.
Speaker 3: Lap on this one for being so completely idiotic when it comes to how to do drugs.
Speaker 1: No, we tell people routinely that they can't do drugs anymore.
Speaker 3: Yes, and there was a time to us for their drug knowledge.
Speaker 1: There was a time you could buy drugs on the street and it would be fine, and now they kill you. So you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Kids don't do drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could start the CBD or whatever.
Speaker 2: The that's still a drug, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you get well? I mean it's it's just pot though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's so concentrated and so turbocharged compared to what you used to do.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh I don't know, so don't listen to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I'm so high right now that I can barely feel my fingers. Yeah, you have a real or it's so flip and cold in the studio again?
Speaker 2: Is in here?
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: The dude who turned down the temperature yesterday isn't here today. So I'm like in perfect conditions here that I can control.
Speaker 3: What is it to upper sixties there in that studio because I haven't seen the upper sixties here degrees?
Speaker 2: That sounds lovely.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so nice. It is so nice, all right? Fed up with crime? What are voters going to do now here in the state of California? Who are they gonna blame it on?
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio LAP