Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of the Chicks on the Right podcast where we get to talk to our friend Zach Abraham from Bulwark Capital Management, sponsor of the show.
Speaker 2: Very happy to have him here right ahead of next week's election. It's coming, it's happening.
Speaker 1: We're almost there, and I keep telling Daisy and our audience that I feel like this is the last few days of normalcy before the ship hits the fan. The polls are all over the place. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Look is as much as on the line for Tuesday. There's a very large event on Saturday that has.
Speaker 4: A lot on the line as well.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a fourth there's a fourth grade football championship game happening. O my god, and my boys are in the finals.
Speaker 5: So that's amazing.
Speaker 3: So we So I've got all kinds of reasons to be on pins and needles right now. So no, it's I was telling you guys off air before we started it, and I don't want to get into it too much, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I've never personally been this nervous for an election.
Speaker 3: Because the implications of this election are going to have direct impacts on me and.
Speaker 4: My business.
Speaker 3: In a lot of different ways, and unfortunately, you know, I just there's a lot riding on it.
Speaker 5: There's just a lot of us too, we feel that too, like from a whole different perspective, like from a free speech perspective. And then I guess also financial there's financial implications for every small business owner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know there's something and I you know, I don't. I can't remember if you and I if we if we've talked about it before too. But there's there's another real danger that I've run up against, and that I think that it's only a matter of time until other Americans run up against, which is the proliferation of the regulatory state, right, meaning they have become weaponized, especially under this administration. And what's so scary about that is they are not bound by all of the constitutional and judicial laws that govern things.
Speaker 4: They can just come after you.
Speaker 3: They don't need a story, they don't need a reason, they don't have a timeline. They can they can just And I'm glad people don't have to go up against this, but I wish everybody did feel the weight of one of those regulatory industries, because you realize quickly into it this has nothing to do with whether you were right or wrong. This has nothing to do with whether you did something right or did something wrong. This has to do with them wanting to do what they want to do. And it's really that simple.
Speaker 1: So where what's your gut telling you about the I mean because Polish moles, right, like, we learned our lesson from polls and previous elections that they can't.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: We thought Hillary was a lock, right, and then Trump surprised everybody and that was great, But like they're so tight right now.
Speaker 2: And I will look at.
Speaker 1: You know, one stream on on X that seems I'll get all hype about it, and then I'll see like all the doom and gloom in a few other tweets, and I just I have no good sense. I don't feel a pull either way, do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I think I do. I've had a decent I thought Trump was gonna win in sixteen and said as much. I didn't say it much because I don't think it was a very it would sell well with a lot of our people. But I thought Biden was going to win in twenty twenty, and I think Trump is going to win comfortably.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I like that. Then you're a good predictor.
Speaker 4: And the reason.
Speaker 3: Now, now I say all that and watch, I just be horrifically wrong. But to me, I think that the campaigns are speaking really loudly. At least to me, one campaign looks like they're ride and high.
Speaker 4: The other their campaign looks desperate. And yeah, they looked like garbage. Uh.
Speaker 3: And I just think, I mean, you know, I I think the garbage thing is a perfect example. Right, A comedian said something stupid at a uh at a at a rally, and we're going to try to make noise out of that. When the sitting president said it about Mary, I'm like, you know, like it just I just think it shows you how ridiculous that they're getting. And I think the more petty that they get, I think the more desperate it shows that they are. And then and then on top of that, it was interesting because you know they had that she was at a bar, kamal airis is at a bar talking to Gretchen Whitmer or something.
Speaker 4: Did you hear about this?
Speaker 3: And the mic saying something like internal polling isn't looking good or we're not doing well.
Speaker 5: For young men with men especially, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And shocker, right, right, I don't. I don't think she's doing well with black black young men either. And so I just which when I look at the when when I look at the demographics, and I just look at the country when it's I cannot believe that anybody that voted for Trump in twenty twenty would swing to Harris, right, Like, I just that's I mean, I'm sure there's one or two out there, right, I think that there are considerable amount of people they voted for Biden in twenty twenty that will swing to Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I just don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any way Harris is more popular than Biden on a national scale.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, I don't agree with I think I'm right there with you on that. But when it comes to like when people ask you, like in your line of business, if you're just out, you know, yucking it up with other people that you do work with, now.
Speaker 2: They're luckety MUCKs, they're muckety MUCKs. It was a yuckty yuck.
Speaker 5: But when you're out, when you're out chit chatting about this stuff, if somebody asks you, well, why would why would you support Trump? Like what's gonna do for the average American, Like, what would your answer be, especially from a from the your viewpoint is being doing what you do in finance, Like do you do you look at it strictly from a finance perspective or do you look at other things policy wise?
Speaker 4: So you guys will probably laugh when I say this. I kind of have multiple different ways that I look at it.
Speaker 3: Right there, there are there are moral aspects to you know, Morality certainly guides who I vote for. You know, finance economics are obviously a huge driver for me. I tend to try to focus on things. I mean, look, everybody likes things that will directly benefit them. That tends to be the stuff that doesn't sway me as much. Like, for instance, everybody was all excited about the Trump tax cuts. I knew that those tax cuts were gonna have no impact on me, and people like, what do you mean they're corporate? Well they only applied to C corpse, so they didn't they didn't affect me. So I actually look at it, and this is one of my biggest frustrations because I really think that this is undeniable. I look at it through a kind of a risk management lens. Okay, so if I look at the risk of both. If I look at the risk of both candidates, right, people are the fear, despite four years in office showing absolutely no tendencies to go this way.
Speaker 4: The fear with Donald Trump is he wants to be a dictator.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's there's absolutely zero evidence and there's a ton of evidence pointing in the other direction. And so to me, that's like saying you have a fear that he's going to turn into like Grimace, you know.
Speaker 4: The character for McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say it's impossible, but.
Speaker 2: He does have work experience there now, so right, exactly.
Speaker 3: And more than his competitor, actually, right, you know, and so you know I know what I'm getting there, right. And so the other thing is that I think that Donald Trump is a very convex.
Speaker 4: Investment or convects bet.
Speaker 3: And what I mean by convex bet is like, what is the worst case scenario with Donald Trump? If we're not being ridiculous, I think the worst case with Donald Trump is that we kind of get more of the same, right, And I think he showed through the first four years that that's the one thing he's not going to give you is more of the same, So I think there's considerable upside potentially.
Speaker 4: I look at Kamala Harris, and you know, one of my.
Speaker 3: Biggest issues, and it's going to be always one of my biggest issues in an election is the Bill of Rights. Right.
Speaker 4: If we lose the Bill of Rights, we have nothing. Okay.
Speaker 3: One side has mentioned multiple times in public arenas, in public forums that the Bill of Rights is one of the.
Speaker 4: Problems that we have, right, Yeah, And to.
Speaker 3: Me, I just feel like every well, what he did on January sixth the Capitol, I'm like, d if even if your ridiculous rendition of that day is correct, which for the record, I don't think it was a smart idea for people to go there.
Speaker 4: I never would have been there. I don't. I wasn't supportive of it.
Speaker 3: I thought all the way arount Okay, but still you were talking about people that are protests that quote unquote got out of hand.
Speaker 4: We'll forget about the videotape.
Speaker 3: We have a people police opening the gates and letting people through. We'll forget all that, Okay, We'll color it the worst way. It could be a bunch of people doing something they should have been doing, versus a party that is telling you that the Bill of Rights is the problem. If you think democracy is more under threat under Trump, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to tell you, right.
Speaker 2: We say that all the time. I swear, we say some.
Speaker 5: Similar stuff all the time, like we can't help how can we help you? And I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that these people watch the legacy media. And that's the hardest thing. Like it's just you know, they watch the media, they believe it. And I hope we.
Speaker 2: Pull it out. I hope we pull it out.
Speaker 5: You guys do well.
Speaker 1: And I feel like the by the next time the three of us talk, I just can't imagine what will be happening in the world, do you know what I mean? Like, I just I shudder to think how crazy things might get.
Speaker 2: Regardless of outcome, it's going to be crazy, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't. I just don't. I I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: I just I think he's gonna win, and I think he's gonna win, uh surprisingly comfortably.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: I love that she just hasn't made it, you know, like she just hasn't made a case. The other thing is is that I think Donald Trump was probably always going to have a tough time getting elected in back to back elections.
Speaker 4: Right, you need a break, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like and and I you know what, I think peop were like, it couldn't get any worse. And I think a lot of people are like going, Okay, can you get a lot worse?
Speaker 5: It could get worse?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I mean just think of all the people that you've heard come out. It kind of reminds me of you know, I feel like, you know, Rod Blagoyevitch for crying out loud is pounting the table for Trump. Right.
Speaker 4: That's it blows my mind.
Speaker 3: Right, he's telling me that he's telling and he's saying to Tucker Carlson that the day or that Daily is gonna that he thinks Daily's supporting Trump.
Speaker 4: In this election.
Speaker 5: And then you look at the people that are looking at people that are around him. He's got like Elon Rfk, Tolcy Gabbard, I mean, all these and then like just everybody like Tucker, everybody that is like a that he surrounds himself with. Those are the people that we want to have on our team, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I you know, I it's just very very hard for me to understand. Like you said, I I see some of these people that traditionally would be conservative, and it's like remember compact discs, how like the disc would.
Speaker 4: Skip, just keep going.
Speaker 3: It's like there, it's like their discs skipped on January sixth, and it's just it's all Trump. They believed the CNN thing. They can't get it out of their head. Did he handle that correctly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Did he incite it? No? Did he stubborn? You know?
Speaker 3: Did he like, you know, just taking that and going on assault on democracy?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we always appreciate your perspective and we always tell people that if they need financial advice that you are the guy.
Speaker 2: So how can people find you for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So pretty easy. Go to Boardcapitalmanagement dot com.
Speaker 3: We've got our last risk seminar coming up, i think on November twenty first, and you know, just Google Know your Risk radio podcast that'll hook you up to the radio show and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Awesome, great, thank you, exappreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you ladies.
Speaker 5: Fingers crossed yes in toes yes Yes Thanks.
Speaker 3: Investment advisory services offered through Trek financialc and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. The opinions expressed in this programmer for general informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual or on any specific security.
Speaker 2: Any references to performance of security so it thought.
Speaker 4: To be materially accurate and actual performance may different.
Speaker 2: Investments involve risk and are not guaranteed. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results.
Speaker 4: TREK twenty four to three zero