Speaker 1: It's the Opperman Report. Join digital forensic Investigator in PI at Opperman for an in depth discussion of conspiracy theories, strategy of New World Order resistance, hi profile court cases in the news, and interviews with expert guests and authors.
Speaker 2: On these topics and more.
Speaker 1: It's the Opperman Report, and now here is investigator Ed Opperman.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome to the Opperman Report. I'm your host, Private Investigator at Opperman and this show has brought you through the support of our sponsors, guys like cartking dot com Krtdishking dot com eight seven seven nine eighty six seven seven seven one. If you've ever thought about going into the mobile cart or kiosk business cardish King dot com. They've been in business for twenty years supplying indoor and outdoor carts and kiosk for any Apple large heated outdoor secured carts with a kiss me with the cooking facilities to indoor coffee carts, souvenir carts, flower carts, those carts that sell those cell phone cases and stuff like that. Cart dash king dot com and you go to the website, you check out what kind of what the design applies to your business of all custom design for your custom builder for you ship it worldwide. Another one of our great sponsors is Pure Soap Flake Company puresap Flakes dot com. You can get it at greenhome dot com, Amazon dot com or two point eight five six eight two five two five. You can even get it at Whole Foods. You can bathe your body and wash your clothes and pure soap products that are free of fragrance, GMOs palm oil, lodium soldium, sodium laurel, sulfate, and synthetic additives. Now you think, well, lad, what's wrong with palm oil? Palm oil? The orangutangs eat palm oil, and if you have the palm oil in your soap, the orangutangs can eat it, starving irangutanks. So you got to check your vegan products and your organic products. Sometimes they are harmful to the environment. They're kind. Their products are kind to living creatures and sensitive stand It's called Pure Soap Flake Company, Pure soap Flakes dot Com, almightygold dot com. You can go to almightygold dot com. You can become an affiliate right and you can start making some money selling gold. You can do this right now. You can help me out. You can help out the show. You can help out the work we're doing here. You go to almightygold dot com. You sign up for free as an affiliate. You get that affiliate link. You can place that link on your website, on your blog, on your Twitter, on your Facebook, and anybody clicks on that link and purchases some gold, little tiny amounts of gold six bucks, ten bucks, eight bucks, any secured carrot bars. Then what do you call it? You got a commission every time somebody does that. They also have a cryptocurrency that's backed in gold. It can't beat that. Almightygold dot com. Email revealer dot com. If you think your spouse is cheating on you, they probably are. So what you do is you give us their email address, which trace it back to online dating websites and personal ads and catch them cheating online. You can also get a copy of my book and autograph copy of my book How to Become a Successful Private Investigator. That's at email revealer dot com and go all right. My first guest today is Kevin Soling. You could find his website at Kevinsoling dot com. And I think the other one is called Spectacle Films. Kevin.
Speaker 3: That's for Expectaclefilms dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kevin is a great guy. Kevin is a genius. I ain't kidding around. This guy covers he's a filmmaker some of the greatest, obscure, most fascinating, interesting topics you can imagine. We had him on before the first time talking about the Gilligan Manifesto. We're gonna be talking today about this fascinating topic of drooling a hole in your head with a drill. I can't give you more enlightenment. And so that's been going on throughout history. Another that he's donunderstand about urine therapy too. We just had him on the show recently, but we had a huge audio problem. Only half the show came through just my voice, not his. And he's tell us about these adventures he's going on around the world in the jungles of looking for these tribes and stuff like that. Prophecies a cargo is incredibly fascinating stuff. I'm such a fan of this man's work. You really got to keep an eye on it. Spectaclefilms dot com and Kevinsoling dot com. So Kevin, tell us about yourself. Who is Kevin Soling?
Speaker 3: Who is Kevin Soling? I am a a enfon, which is, you know, the the problem child. I think that's sort of the best I like to say I was a bon Vivan. That's not really true. I am, you know, more more of a problem child. I I like to, you know, study things that I guess people overlook, that are generally overlooked for a reason because they sort of create issues and problems. And I'm also sort of been a after I couldn't wait to get out of school when I was forced to be there. Now now I seem to be a perpetual student. I'm working my fourth graduate degree as we speak, so uh And I kind of like the environment because I again I push buttons, and right now, the college environment is such that they need someone there to to push buttons and rankle, you know, just just upset people. And that's that's kind of my mission there.
Speaker 2: And one of your passions is the Student Resistance Handbook, right.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, that's that's a book that tells gives advice for kids who are in compulsory school, mostly junior high and high school kids, how to fight back against the system and undermine their their schools and basically make everyone in the system as miserable as they are, uh with with the ultimate goal of abolishing compulsory schooling.
Speaker 2: Oh really, and what would you replace it with?
Speaker 3: Well, that that that's sort of I mean, there are alternatives. But you know, if I you know, if we go into this discussion, I can, I can sort of explain, but I I see compulsory schooling as a fundamentally ructive institution. So it's not even you know, it's like if you have pancreatic cancer and there's there's no cure, but there people are treating it with blood letting and leeches, and you say, well, if I'm going to stop blood letting and lead, you know, putting leaches on people, what am I going to replace it with? It's like, well, yeah, you're just you're just increasing the suffering by having the system. And and you know, maybe there are no alternatives, but there are, but you know, it sort of doesn't matter because it's it's it's the harm that the system causes, and people are are willfully and aggressively blind to the harm because they they accept compulsory schooling on how it advertises itself instead of how it actually is, and it doesn't effectively teach it doesn't instill democratic elements that one would want for citizenship because it's it's a despotic environment. It doesn't promote you know, uh, skills for the workplace because it's not a vocational environment. And it does and socialize children in a healthy way either. You know, bullying is absolutely pervasive. It teaches you know, kids to fear people older than them, you know, and resent you know, people that are younger because everything is age segregated. So it does nothing effectively, nothing well. And it does accept I guess, promote suicide. And the suicide rate in school and there's a causal relationship between being in school and suicide is freakishly high. When you look at the stats from the Centers for Disease Control, one out of twelve students on average makes an attempt on their life and that's because of compulsory schooling, and one in six seriously considers suicide. And that's not just one study, that's a study that's that's constantly repeated every six years by the Centers for Disease Control. So not a good place.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, listen, we definitely have to have you come back and do a whole show about that. That is a fascinating and I could tell you've you spent a lot of time on this, man. This is a passion years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is youth youth rights is a passion of mine. And and you know, and school compulsory schooling as as the prime violator of of of rights uh and and instigator of and catalysts for pathologies is you know, yeah, challenging that is a passion.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, the more the more I hear from you, man, the more I'm impressed. We have to have you back on it, because the last few times we're just glossed over, you know, and it's it's really interesting to hear this. It's fascinating. I'd love to hear that topic. I had you back once before about the Gilligan Manifesto. Can you tell us about that?
Speaker 3: Sure? That was an interesting thing. So I I, you know, I just sort of reflexibly, uh, analyze you know, the subtext of of you know, consumer culture and things things that I watch, you know, sometimes for fun, but sometimes it's appreciating. And I had this realization while watching Gilligan's Island, which is one of my favorite shows, because it was back on reruns. How the show is is rather remarkable because it was made during the height of the Cold War. This was one year after the Cuban missile crisis. The pilot was filmed. It was actually shot the day that John F. Kennedy was assassinated at the pilot. So if you look at the very introduction of the show, when they they're doing the intro song, you see the the SS Minow hitting the water and there are these flags in Honolulu where it was shot, and the flags are at half mast because you know, the president had just been killed. So if you have to look closely, but you can see it there. And and the show the the the shipwreck was basically an analogue for for the Holocaust, which was something that was very much on the minds of people at the time. They were building fallout shelters to try to survive nuclear war. And the show is a fantasy, of of of of a post a post apocalyptic fantasy. How how how would we survive nuclear war? What would the society look like? And the remarkable thing is that that the society that they construct is pure communist And so you have seven Americans, you know, shown constructing this communist society during the height of the Cold war. The convicts take place in most of the episodes is at since the democratic Capitalism rears the ugly head and has the excised at the end of the episode for honey instability to return. So, for instance, they toy with various things. They decide they don't have a leader, so even though they don't need one and and things are running fine on the island, they decide to elect a president, and naturally, Gilligan ends up winning sort of as the independent candidate. And Gilligan in that episode is depicted as someone who can't even tie his own shoes, and yet he's He's now president. And the social contract in democracy is that we have to adhere to the results of an election, even if our own survival is at jeopardy. So Gilligan they acknowledge and accept as their leader. They could, you know, bad decisions could jeopardize their survival. But what happens is is that everyone wants a position on his cabinet because they figure if they're the secretary of defense secretary of labor, they won't have to work, you know, getting getting a cabinet position means that they won't have to pull their weight anymore. So no, you know, so everyone demands a cabinet position. No one wants to work anymore. And it shows how how the institutions create the very problems that they were designed to solve. They institute a justice system, they introduce you know, a and within minutes everyone is suing one another. Ivon Eliez was this philosopher who basically said that, yeah, the institutions create create the problems that hospitals make people sick, and you know the obviously some people are gonna be sick otherwise, but it magnifies it in the same way the conflicts are magnified by having a justice system, and the alternative is depicted. There is this ideal communist state, the.
Speaker 2: Fact that people should go back look at our archives at spreaker dot com and look at that. We did a whole hour show about that. Yeah, excellent film and it's an enjoyable film. It may seem like it's a little esoteric, a little parts of follow but it's excellent film, man enjoyable and funny too. It's a lot of funny stuff and it's now. Plus it brings back all the old memories. You start watching those old clips over and over again. Hey, do you have any problems getting permission to play this clips.
Speaker 3: Well, because every clip is that's used, is discussed and analyzed, it's it's it falls under academic fair use. So that's precisely what the fair use doctor was creative for for that that kind of analysis, because you wouldn't I wouldn't be able to, you know, to do that kind of work if if I had to pay the tens of thousands or more that you know, the copyright owner would be demanding. So so yeah, it was it was fair use.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's another fascinating aspect of your work is how do you finance all this?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you going down to the jungle and all this stuff and finance and only strips?
Speaker 3: Well, the very first film I did, which is the one that I believe we're about to discuss in a few minutes, became a cult classic, and because of that movie, I've been very blessed. Even documentaries don't make a whole lot of money, but I've made enough to cover the expenses of the subsequent film. And trying to pitch the products that I create is near impossible because you know, it's the stuff is too far out there for anyone who's funding. They don't you know, a few people really get or appreciate it. And this way I have no one to answer to as well, so I can make things exactly as I want. And in fact, the project I'm working on right now is one of the first where people have really come to me and offered me money to make it. But they've had all sorts of you know, strings attached, which is understandable, but the things they're asking for are just terrible. There's really bad ideas. But it explained a lot. So the doctum I'm working now involves the Beatles. It's not specifically, I mean the Beatles are the protagonist in it, but deals with the summer of nineteen sixty six and when there was this huge backlash against the Beatles and the KKK was rallying it every one of their shows and their death threats and bomb threats and you know, so it was and it was just a miserable time in general. But because it was the Beatles, people know that there's a real market for it. And but if I was going to take the money, and they insisted that I had to do up Connumpery Asers and because they were under the misimpression that that the Beatles weren't a sufficient draw and they wanted, you know, some contemporarial range for for me, I just had to select, you know, they gave me a list of like two hundred people, and I could pick anyone I wanted. But it thought I was doing eight days a week. He didn't up the money for he was anyone. And you wonder why you're seeing Sigourney Weaver and Whoopee Goldberg in it, who have nothing to do with the Beatles. You know, it's because the same money people who offered me money pays finance Ron Howard, and so Ron Howard had to interview these people, you know, as a condition for the movie, as if, you know, as if the interview with Whoopy Goldberg was going to get more more eyes on the screen than just a dock on the Beatles alone. But that's, you know, that's how people work.
Speaker 2: You know, man, I know exactly what you're talking about, exactly. I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I'm trying to get it through these guys heads. But what are you going to do? But the first one you said was hole in the head. A hole in the head. Tell us about this.
Speaker 3: So Hole in the Head was the very first documentary I did. And again, you know, there's a Beatles connection there, and it was how I learned about what I'm about to discuss. It was I'd read this interview in nineteen ninety eight, I believe it was interview with Paul McCartney and Musician magazine. And you know, I've been reading, you know, anytime you know, any Beatle is interviewed, I you know, I pick up whatever magazine, I always you know, read it and generally that the interviewers, you know, had just always asked the same questions, so they're always given the same answers and so tedious and boring and frustrating. But suddenly something came up that had never been mentioned before by him, and he was talking. McCartney was talking about how he was sitting down one night and Hews having dinner with John Lennon, and Lennon suggested said to Paul, hey, Paul, spec we get holes drilled in our heads. And McCarty's like what, and he goes, oh, yeah, you know, I hear it gets you hide, it expands your consciousness. You know, let's let's go get it done. And McCartney's like, you're serious, and it's like, I'll tell you what, John, you get it done, and if it's great, you tell me about it and we'll talk about it. You know, McCarty was never going to get a hold drilled in his head, but but Lenin really wanted to. But I was like curious, like, well, what is this that you know that Lenin was reading about and hearing about, Because you know, there's a lot of crazy things going around in the sixties, a lot of weird ideas. So a few months later I stumbled on this book by Donna Cassy, who's this wonderful writer who did this book called Kook's and it was this this survey of people with all sorts of crazy ideas and and in it she talks about this this concept that about drolling a hole in your head and how it you know, the possible beneficial effects. Well, all the other you know, people that she profiled the book, kouks, were just crazy people with crazy ideas. But she's like, yeah, this one, actually it's a crazy thing, but it might work. You know, it seems like, you know that there might be some benefit to it. And that's what got me interested because I'm not interested in just crazy people doing crazy things, and I know there's a market for that, but for me, it was this interest of what if it does ex human potential and maybe there are other ways to go around doing this that aren't as invasive as drilling a hole in your head, or maybe there isn't, but that got me interested. So I started doing a bunch of research and I found out, you know, the story which I then went to document, and basically, there was this doctor in amsterm Well this sort of goes back actually to the Neolithic era and your ancestors, my ancestors, you know, a fraction of them were drilling holes in their heads. An Anthropologists had been discovering skulls dating back ten thousand years with holes drilled in them, and they don't know why, the archaeologists, it's a mystery. Now. Now skulls have been found in sixteenth century from sixteenth century Peru with holes in them, and those were done. You know, they know why those were done. And that was done for the same medical reasons we'd do it today, and there was from warfare. They would club one another in the head and if the skull got cracked, you know, could lead to atoma. So you drill a hole to relieve the pressure so that there's less pressure on the brain. And you know, for medical reasons, well, these were pristine skulls. There was no sign of trauma on the skull. And they can tell by by you know, the whole changes over time. If the hole is is if the hole is cut on a on a you know, just a skull, it's it's a clean cut. But if you live for many years, there's something called ossification where the rim of the hole it heals, but it never fills in, you know, just it gets smoother over time. So they can tell by looking at the hole by the ossification that the that these people lived many years with a hole in their head, that these were done while they alive. So cut to the nineteen sixties, this doctor bart Hughes, this Dutch doctor comes up with this theory that if that if you drill a hole in your head, that it could lead to this perpetual state of increased brain blood volume. That that when every time your heart beats, blood gets pushed out, you know, to all part you know, to your extremities, including your brain, and there's pulsations in your brain and if you look at an fMRI, you can see your brain pulsating in the image. Well, well R. Hughes believes that that that the degree the magnitude by which that expansion you know that your brain expands is limited by the threebro spinal fluid that surrounds your brain. And then if you if you cut a hole, it'll allow for more space for the supreebroose spinal fluid to get pressed out, and you'll have more brain blood volume, leading to more oxygen and glucose to your brain, which is what your brain feeds on in greater brain metabolism. So he tested his theory by drilling a hole, or he decided he d d But and this was sixteen this who have happened the space in downtown Now people sings and Elfie, that's the great cumentary of of all the wide things that were going on. But so he staged his own self treponnasic event in the public square and and he drilled a hole into his own head and he believed it had the desired effects.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask a quick question. Yeah, sorry for that's okay, But for for a doctor to drill in his head for the theory on self that did this haven incredible metacrack for it.
Speaker 3: He was a medical student who was who was rag oak and had pushed boundaries. So uh so he wasn't uh you know, he wasn't someone who was He was outside the popular sphere, so he was already fringe. Yeah, he was a fringe character. But the thing is, it's it's not legal to do that kind and even today it's it's not you know, there's certain types of surgery that's you know, not considered to be beneficial, where it's considered mutilation and and and doctors can't perform it. So so doctors around the world are not legally permitted to perform trepanation. So if you're going to get it done, you have to do it to yourself because you can't get someone else to do, you know, to you.
Speaker 2: Did you have any other accomplishments in his medical career after this?
Speaker 3: Actually, yes, there was one thing that was quite remarkable and he shared it with me at the time and it was later discovered to be true years later, and I was like, oh my god, he told me about this, and so he he knew that one of the mysteries in medicine was what is it that attracts sperm to to the egg to the ova. What is the process? And he not only identified that it was a chemical process, which which wasn't known. I mean, it's you know, it seems logical to assume that perhaps, but he knew and he identified that the the chemical that would most you know, be most attractive is in apple acid and uh and and so he developed his own successful form of birth control that could be distributed throughout the third world. That would involve basically a woman placing a small sliver of apple within you know, herself that would you know, could stay there for a couple of weeks, and you know, and and wouldn't be noticed because you just you know, you just become acclimated. And because of the greater concentration within the sliver of apple. Uh, you know, it would basically be an effective form of birth control. And so it seems he was you know, I haven't there haven't been studies on that approaches birth control, but there have been, you know, studies and researchers. He researched many years later about uh, you know, his his his identification which you know, completely nothing to do with trepanation. But but fascinating. Nonetheless, and and you know, kind of kind of remarkable.
Speaker 2: That is utterly fascinating. Has that there been any work done to create a control method like this.
Speaker 3: I do not. I do not believe so, I don't. I don't think so. But they're you know, they're canon. There should it's yeah, I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't. But it's a fairly recent discovery, not by him, you know, the rest of the world just you know, discovered it many years after he had written about this. Uh you know, he'd given me a paper he had written on it, you know, but it wasn't it wasn't published in a major medical journal, so it didn't it didn't get acknowledged. But uh but you know, give give them, give the man credit where credit is due.
Speaker 2: It seems like a natural birth control method, you know, that there should be explored, you know, probably more healthy than the methods we're using now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And and like I said, very easy to distribute to to parts of the world where it's it's you know, grave concern, and you know, it's you know, fairly non invasive. It's so I.
Speaker 2: Believe he had another birth control method that involved drilling a hole in your penis that was But how great is it too, man, that you meet a guy like this, you know, like a brilliant mind, you know what I mean? Exploring is different. Did you become friends with him?
Speaker 3: I did, and I didn't. And there were you know, there were you know, the people, all the people that met him. We were blown away by his his his intellect and his and his creativity. He was. He was a very creative mind. Unfortunately passed away. But uh, but yeah, there there's there's one one one of the people who well, I'll get to I guess his his attestation to his brilliance I think is especially meaningful. But the so after after he drilled a hole it, he wrote about his findings that it attracted the interest of a number of students from Oxford. Uh. And so they they came to to the name Joseph Mellon and Amanda Fielding and they were I think they got formally married. I don't know if they were married at that time, but they they went to to Amstram met with him. They both were like, yeah, this this seems to make a lot of sense. So first Joey Mellon made an attempt to drill a hole in his head using a it's kind of like a handheld quarkscrew, but it's a hand trap hand so you know, it's it's got like a piece of wood that you would grip with your hand and then where the screw part would be for the quarkscrew instead of being a quark screw, it's it's like a circular you know, tooth saw bit so so you push down on your skull the saw teeth, you know, carve a circle into your head. But you know, he used a local anesthetic and he dropped acid and went about, you know, pushing and twisting and twisting, and it took three attempts, three to three separate days before he finally got through. But he wrote a book called Borehole, which which describes in very very gory detailed process of of of cutting the hole in his head. And it's it's it's absolutely wonderfully gruesome, you know, he because because like the the the bone, the skull you know, kind of splinters, and he talks about trying and cracking the little you know, splintered pieces with like a cocktail for it, you know, to to try to you know, you get through. Yeah, it's it's, it's, it's it's gruesome.
Speaker 2: And in your film, there's a couple of people doing this and actually they wear goggles that they tape the goggles to their head so that.
Speaker 3: The Amanda Fielding made a movie of her own self trepanation called Heartbeat in the Brain and it's an art film. And a dentist drill, which is not the right tool to use to to cut through bone. It's fine for teeth, but but it took six hours for her to cut through. So so because there's just insane amounts of blood, you know, she puts the goggles on to keep the blood from getting in her eyes, but but the blood's going all over the goggles. And she cuts her hair, you know, because because you got to do it in front of a mirror, because you're doing it to yourself. And she takes the dentist roll up and she puts it into her her, you know, forehead or slightly above her forehead, and drills and drills and drills, and just she's wearing a white gown and and and just the blood is just us pouring and pouring and pouring, and you know, and she looks kind of alien with her face all covered with the dried blood and and new fresh blood pouring down over the goggles and and and covered and it's it's uh. But but there's there's other parts of the movie which she narrates. And she has this this pigeon that she named pigeon that it was imprinted on her, you know, was she And and so it follows her everywhere, and and it flew to her on command, and would fly away on command. And and so when the bird flies back, it's supposed to be like this restoration of wisdom, you know, from when she finally gets through. But she she showed the film just once at the London I c A. And Berta Lucci, Bernardo Berta Ucci happened to be in the audience and and and described it, you know, said it was it was the greatest movie ever made as far as he was concerned. And he was he was quite sincere when he when he said it. But there was a reporter there who described all all the people who were in attendance as or many of them as falling off their chairs like overright plumbs, you know, just passing out from the from the gore. But she she succeeded to get through. And and you know, Felt was very happy with the results, and and and the results are basically this. It's when when when all of us are children, you know, our skull gets larger. If you look at you know, they are your head versus a baby or toddler. You know, our heads are much larger. And the reason is is is because if what enables the skull to grow, it consists of of several pieces of bone called fontanelle. And so these these the fontanelle, are separate pieces. When you're about the age of eighteen, the suits, your seal and all that are floating fontanelle solidified to become one bone called which is the skull. But before then it's it's you do not have a it's not quite solid, you know, so that it can you know, you so that your head can get larger. Otherwise, yeah, we'd never get through the birth canal. So, uh, the the drilling of the whole is supposed to be this restoration of that state of consciousness that we all had as as children. You know, where there's there's this decrease in anxiety, there's increase in energy. Uh, there there's more elasticity. Uh So, so there's there's greater potential for learning and learning at a much more rapid pace. Uh So, so it's uh, you know, and and there's also a different type of uh connection. There's there's sort of a you know, a natural high of sorts of of being, you know, an adolescent that that we lose at that moment of of of adulthood. And and so so they describe but treporation as a restoration of of of something that we once had, of of of this of this state of consciousness.
Speaker 2: That childlike quality that we have. Right yeah, oh boy, okay, let's take a little commercial break. This is such great stuff, though, man, I can't think it of Kevin Soling. The website is kevinsoling dot com. And also to what is that against Spectacle Spectacle? Fill fell in Spectaclefilms dot com and check out his work to Student Resistance Handbook. Incredibly great stuff. We'll be read back with more of Kevin Soling, I write after these messages.
Speaker 4: And now a word from our sponsors, almightygold dot com. Get your gold and affordable quantities one gram, two and a half grams, five grams, no minimum purchase required.
Speaker 2: Why save in paper when you can save in gold? Almightygold dot com understands it's difficult to afford gold and large quantities. No one can afford an ounce of gold. This is why Almighty Gold has introduced to you Carrot Bars, a most reliable company where you can buy gold in minor quantities from as little as a tenth of a gram that's like six bucks. Each gold bar is inset into the Carrot Bar frame, which is a standard credit card size, and it's covered by a safety laminate. It's imprinted with a unique DM for counterfeit protection and provided with a black light authenticity signature on the front. Gold almightygold dot com. They have a cryptocurrency backed in gold, and you can become an affiliate at almightygold dot com and make a commission from any gold that is purchased from your affiliate link. It's contact us at almightygold dot com. That's their email address, contact us at allmightygold dot com.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: If you ever thought about opening your own mobile cart or Kiosk business, maybe add new point of sale locations across the country quickly, or bring in revenue by adding coffee, food or retail services to your office, building, warehouse or lobby. Carking dot com is the answer to your needs. Carking dot com is a North American designer and manufacturer of the finest mobile retail, coffeefood carts and kiosk that money can buy. For twenty years, Carking dot com has been working with clients across America to provide indoor and outdoor carts and kiosk for any application that's www. Cartdshking dot com. Give them a call at eight seven seven nine eighty six seven seven seveny one tell them at operamancentire. Do you go to the website Carking dot com. You check out their different designs and models. You pick out which design applies to your business. Build custom designer for you custom build a foyer and ship it worldwide. Cartking dot com puresoap Flakes dot com two one eight five six eight two five two five. Have you ever heard of castile soap? Pure soap FLA company handcrafts find soap bars, laundry powder, and concentrated soap flakes using organic vegetable oils from their Northern Minnesota facility. Bathe your body and wash your clothes with pure soap products that are free of fragrance, GMOs palm oil, sodium laurel sulfate and synthetic additives keep it clean, folks. Pure Soap Fla Company products are kind to living creatures and sensitive skin, safe for drains and waterways, and work great in high efficiency washers on top and front loading machines. Order today at Pure soap Flakes dot com, Greenholme dot com, Amazon dot com, or give them a call two one eight five six eight two five two five two one eight five six eight two five two five. Pusol Flight Company is a proud member of the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild.
Speaker 1: It's the Opperman Report, and now here is Investigator Inferman.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back to the Opperaman Report. I'm your host, private investigator at Opperman. We're here today with Kevin Sooling from Spectaclefilms dot com and Kevinsoling dot com. By the way, Kevin is spoket with a c ce v I n uh Soling s O l I n G Kevinsoling dot com. Excellent films, great topics, man most some of the most interesting topics you can find. We're talking today about his film called A Hole in the Head, about drilling a hole in your head. No, it's to get an enlightenment and wisdom and all kinds of stuff, more energy and childlike wonder. I guess now, Kevin, this is where the expression comes from. I need that like a hole in the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it develops from that. I mean, so, uh, you know, so there's a little more to the story. So I mean that's sort of how how how how it's the modern day trepanation movement began and after Amanda Fielding and Joey Mellon drilled holes in their heads, they kind of told two friends, who told two friends and so on, and there was a lot of people in England who ended up drilling holes in their heads. And then it sort of you know, there was an American Peter Halverson, who was one of the first here to drill you know, maybe the first, you know, to drill a hole in his head, at least for that purpose. And Amanda later got remarried to Lord James need Path and he's a professor at Oxford I guess now emeritis. And he taught international relations to Bill Clinton when Bill Clinton was a student at Oxford, when he was a Rhodes scholar, So he had Bill Clinton as a as a student. And it was funny because the National Choir actually published a story after my film came out. They they that, how you know, Bill Clinton's professor has a hole in his head, and it was like, yeah, it was all true. Everything that was that was there. So it was pretty it was pretty amusing. But he's, uh, he's the largest, you know, one of the largest landholders in Scotland and uh and and he was one who who attested to uh uh you know, to to Bart Hughes and and actually you know, called him a genius and uh, you know, like I said, an Oxford professor. So he's he's uh kind of impressive. But so so it turned into, you know, to kind of a movement, and finally it resulted in all all along they'd been wanting research done. And there was a Russian physiologist, Yuri Muskolenko, who published research evaluating the efficacy of of trepanation and whether it would lead to increased brain blood volume, and his research seemed to indicate that that it does. I'd feel more comfortable with more research, but it's it's certainly a step in the right direction toward affirming their their their assertions. New scientists did review the study and gave it their blessing, thought that the protocol was sound. But you know, it's it's that things are always open to more research. But you know, there there it is indicative that there there is there is reason to believe that there might be a benefit. And when John Lennon was in Amsterdam when he was honeymooning with with Yoko Ona when he got married, he was still with the Beatles, he called to meet with with Bart Hughes, and he kept telling Bart that he wanted to get you know, the doctor, that he wanted to get his head drilled, and and the doctor said, don't, don't do it. And the reason he told Lenin not to do it is is that about eight percent or so of the population have what's called a mytopic skull. And a mytopic skull is when the sutures on the on the fontinelle don't seal perfectly and you have a natural hole in your head, you know, just there's a you know, slightly off what you know, when when the when the sutures seal, and and so there's a there's a small percentage of people and and Bart Hughes was, you know, was certain that John Lennon. In order for him and the other Beatles to have accomplished all the things they did, they must have natural holes in their heads. So, uh, which is kind of funny. So so he was he was adamant that Lenin shoudn't shouldn't drill a hole in his head because it wouldn't it wouldn't accomplish anything. But the trepidation was a procedure that that did persist, you know, back from ten thousand years and and and and the ancient Greece Hypocrates wrote about his his procedure and process. I mean there's there's modern day we know why, you know, why it was done, we know, you know Apocrates and why these other people were you know, we're doing it. But it had been attempted on, you know, for different reasons in the Middle Ages, and there was an effort in the Middle Ages to try you seeing as a cure for insanity and mental illness is you know, continues to be and has always been an issue for you know, how how do we deal with this and how do we treat this? And uh, you know, there there have been all sorts of on you know, unsavory, unpleasant and you know, inappropriate efforts to address it, and one was this curiosity to see, well, if trepor nation is beneficial, how you know, will it will it help people who are you know, who have mental health issues? Uh? And didn't And so when it when it became associate crazy back then, and then you know, because it wasn't effective at treating insanity, and you know, people who were insane, we're you know, had holes in their head. The practice, you know, fell out of favor and and got that expression I need need it like a hole in the head. The whole, the whole notion that people commonly tell me is like, oh, people were get to read spirits and stuff, and that's that's that's really true. I mean it's like when if you take antiocidis or something like that, very you know would say that they do it to clear toxins out the body. You know, so you have an issue of semantics. You could say toxins or evil spirits or maybe you know, years from now referring back then, I was like, oh, he took vitamin C, you know, because of evil spirit and the top. So yeah, there, I mean, there's a reason to infantilize some of the medicine, but not not all. I mean, it's there. There is a tendency to you know, to to to look down to see a little touch at in history and you know see other been some some dumb mistakes, but they weren't really much dumber than we are today.
Speaker 2: I think it's more likely they'll point to ce d oil and it was from evil skirts. But now what about the people though that were doing this were the higher class? These was like the ruling class right. Well?
Speaker 3: That that that was the study that Bart Hughes had done another one of his research. So he he had went gone to a number of cemeteries I think in England that were uh, I feel like from like I think twelfth century, and he and the professions of the people who were I read were noted in his his you know, the grave sites that he studied. And he found that there was in the top classes, uh and people with holes in their heads. So it could be one of two things. Either the holes, you know, I mean he liked to conclude that the holes enabled them to be top you know, the top classes. But but I I don't know how much social mobility there was back then. You know, it could be that the people who were the top classes with vendril holes in their heads, you know, as some art of you know, some affectation of being a top class. So we don't, we don't really know. It's not it's not all that conclusive, I don't think. But but he he seemed to think that it that it was the this, you know, the the greater skill set that they you know, got from drilling a hole in their head, that that resulted in it. But I'm you know, I think it's it's a hard conclusion to come to.
Speaker 2: Now, what about today like the you know, the art you know class, you know, the fan class. Now any indication of people today like a secret society is of doing this and just not telling the general public about it because they don't want us to know.
Speaker 3: Well, I I don't. I think I think, you know, if you're getting my personal opinion, I think the biggest, the greatest problem with society is we have no elite class anymore. There are no elites, But are are are Are there people doing this underground? Yes? They're actually there are. And I know this because I sort of, you know, I I unwittingly you know, participated in in you know, allowing my apartment to be used as a safe house, you know, for there was a I mean, I wasn't aware that this was going on. I just had, you know, there was a was Peter Halverson, who I was filming, asked if some people could stay. And it wasn't like I was facilitating any anything really nefarious or anything, but they were, uh there were there was a doctor in Mexico who was illegally performing trepanations and uh so Peter, you know, was was sending them to to Mexico to this doctor, people who wanted it done. You know, he wasn't you know, you couldn't say that he was facilitating. You know, he was people who wanted it. He was allowing them to pursue and giving them information. And there's nothing illegal about giving information that's protected in her First Amendment. So uh so, so you know, so, so I was aware of quite a number of people who were under the radar, who were who were going off to Mexico to meet with this doctor. And then the Mexican government found out about it and threatened to revoke his his license. So by and large, you know, people tend to do it to themselves for that reason. But you know, it's obviously you know, if if you're going to do it, which I'm not advocating. If you're going to do it, yes, it's best to have to have a doctor.
Speaker 2: Do you have any regrets for for publicizing this procedure?
Speaker 3: Do I I'm not publicized. I mean I'm making them. I'm documenting, in reporting something that's going on. I'm not I'm not statistic people should do this.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, I never would have heard about this before you. Okay, you're responsible, and I'm considering. I read, I watch your film, and I see this, and I'm saying, but you know, maybe there's something to this, there's something I might want to try. So you have no qualms about that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, people are gonna do what they're gonna do. I I will go on record and saying that, you know, I I don't think people should should should do it, you know, but but there might be benefit to it. But I you know, there might be a benefit to it. I'm not saying that you do it.
Speaker 2: You're not a doctor, and you can't you can't advise people to do this. If you neither one who's adopted. You're probably way closer to a doctor than I am. But anyway, any stories about people who have tried this at home and then there's been disasters anything like that.
Speaker 3: There was there was the first story you know up until I guess it was eight years ago and I think there's only been one one casualty, but there was the first casualty was about like eight or nine years ago. Where or you know, as long as you don't drill into your your brain and you take precaution because you know, you you got to you know, make sure, you know you risk infection. You know you're you're opening your your you know, when you drill the skin of you will hel over. But yeah, you need to make sure everything is sterile and adhere to all sorts of proper procedures as far as echoes, you don't get an infection. And and you don't want to drill into the brain. If you drill into the brain, you will die, right and you know, and and so you know, uh, that happened once. It was someone someone I think in Cardiff, someone in England, northern England, Uh who who who died as as a result. But that's you know, as far as modern instances, that's that's been pretty rare fortunately, and sims can happen and you don't want to risk it and.
Speaker 2: You're showing you and your film some tribe it does this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah tribe. So that there are there there's a there's you know, the tribe in Africa, the Kizy that that practices. So so there's different there are different approaches that you can use, you know, at least that have been used you know, from the earliest days. Which so so there was a cutting, the cutting method, which is you know, basically uh, you know, an obsidian blade that you use and you just keep cutting and cutting and cutting into a square basically into the skull. And that that seems particularly I mean, all the methods are kind of gruesome. Cutting seems pretty horrible. Uh. Another is is scraping, which is you know kind of like you can imagine you're just scraping layer and layer and layer of the skull bone until you scrape through the skull and and form a hole that way. You know. Then there's uh basic chisel you hammer and chisel, and then there's various forms of drilling. So h yeah, the keysy they they I think they used the cutting method, and uh it's you know, it takes a while, it takes hours, to get through and it's you know, the whole is you know, can be quite large. Uh you know that method and they ye know, they do it for various sort of you know, medical reasons of sorts. You know, persistent headaches. Yeah, I'm not sure you know how how it helps you know.
Speaker 2: That or not, But just fascinating. Just is there anything we haven't covered on us because I would like to touch on the urine good health as well. Because you were on a roll with the with the hole in the head, you went to the urine, you went to the other end, right, heads and tails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to the other so so hold on ahead after holding the head, Yeah, I was. I was curious about auto urine therapy and an auto urine therapy is something that's that's that also dates back to prehistoric times. And the the problem with the film was that there wasn't a whole lot of controversy with with the hole in the head. There was there was real controversy. There's a lot of neurosurgeons who were really aggressively opposed to anyone drilling a hole in their head. And this is you know, before any research was done, and I'm sure they'd still be skeptical of the research that has been done since. But but all your own therapy was was was a shocker because all the doctors and everyone I talked to, you know, we're kind of you know, accepting that this that there are medical benefits that it does seem to boost the immune system. It is urine, is is sterile. It has trace amounts of ammonia in it, so it kills off any bacteria and anything that's that's in your urine. I guess the the the amounts are small enough that that it doesn't present a health risk because obviously you don't want to drink ammonia. And Gandhi practice urine therapy and it's fairly common in India. I mean generally places where were water water sources are scarce. Uh, it's going to be practiced. Uh, you know, for obvious reasons. It's safe and you need to stay hydrated. I know the Catholic Church in Mexico was allowing their nuns that were in remote regions to promote urine therapy. That was in the film. Uh. The shocking things that were in the film was that there are certain medications. Uh, uricinase and primarole are two medicines that are made from urine. Urkinase is made from human urine and primarole from horse urine, and their their heart medicines, and uh uh the way they this was was kind of fun. The way they collect urine for uricinase is from portapatties. So when you pee in a your your wort of urine is getting collected in many situations, many circumstances, and as being being used for for very purposes, including including making medication.
Speaker 2: Because people pour their beer down there, they spit in there and stuff like that. You know, like the cigarette let's.
Speaker 3: Say filtered the filter filter. But yeah, but it's it's I guess the best source for for collection and filtration. But yeah, people people will throw things.
Speaker 2: It's port quarter of potties at woodstock, Okay, use those and people are going out on a trip. Now, what about you said, heart medication? What kind? What type of heart medications? Is this?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 2: What benefit?
Speaker 3: Uh? For what benefit? You're putting me on the spot. I never I never investigated beyond Yeah, I'm sure I did, but off the top of my head, I just know that it was a heart heart medicine. But I'm not I'm not sure, I'll have to do that research also too. You got me that questure?
Speaker 2: Okay, got what about the since this has been throughout history, people do this whole time. How come in our culture here in the United States, it's so uh dis taste? What's so important? It's disgusting to think of drinking urine? How come?
Speaker 3: Well? Because I mean, it's it's sort of logical that human waste. But you know, you know, it's it's it's waste, it's a waste product.
Speaker 2: But someone thought of doing it and it turned out to be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I I I think, but yeah, I think there's a uh, you know, there there's a logical reason that we you know, you know, we we certainly don't consume our feces.
Speaker 3: Which is which is reasonable. But it's yeah, I guess some of it is obviously cultural.
Speaker 2: And what about in your research there are.
Speaker 3: Different cultures where they'll eat all sorts of things, you know there. I've been to China and there there are things that they have no problem eating there that I am repulsed by. So it's you know, so so some of its cultural.
Speaker 2: And and in your research into urine, there did any of it spill over into like the fetish of golden showers and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It could have I didn't go there because I, you know, this was this was more of a medical doc. But you know that's it could have gone there. I could have investigated that, but I was, you know, I was sticking to to the you know, to the efficacy rather than you know, fetishisms and stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, I only asked I could throw spill over. I guess, I guess all right, anything I didn't ask you about the urine urine health that I didn't ask you that you want the public to know you're.
Speaker 3: You're in good health. Yeah, the name of the movie, Yeah, the name of the movies you're in good health. And uh, like I said, explores the efficacy. And you do see some some people drinking their own pea on cam for you know, to to demonstrate their convictions.
Speaker 2: And back to hold in the head. Where can we find Hole in a Head if we want to watch it right now?
Speaker 3: So you can find these movies on Amazon if you have Amazon Prime and and stuff, and it should be on iTunes and all the different digital platforms. I'm pretty sure they might be on YouTube as well. I don't I don't deal with the distribution side of my movies, but I know that that's where there. I know, Amazon and iTunes for sure, and probably YouTube, but those are the big places. But yeah, any any of the major outlets, they should be you know, you should be able to track them down.
Speaker 2: Okay. At the last time, when we had that failure with the audio, you would tell me about mister Kevin and the Cargo cult. But I see here looking on IMDb that hasn't been released yet.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's so that's that's like my latest movie. So I've been I'm in negotiations with distributors on that one, so that one's you know, that one should be out, you know, later this year. But that's the one where I went to visit this tribe in Vanawatu and they announced that I had fulfilled this divine prophecy that they had and they ended up giving me their island and uh it was you know, and and basically made me into a minor deity on the island.
Speaker 2: Now, when they said you fulfill their prophecy, do you believe.
Speaker 3: That, well, I had so yeah, so uh yeah, I mean, but you know, as far as the consequences, I mean, they write their own myths, and they control it and and and you know, they determine things. So it's not like, you know, it's not like I have any and any authority over you know, their interpretation of and and and what that ultimately means. That's you know, all within their uh yeah, they're there there their contexts and their dialogue. But but but you know, it did result there there were there were fifteen different factioning tribes on the island, and I was directly and you know, responsible for uniting those those tribes. And I also helped excise the Vietnamese mafia was you know, had a real presence on the island, and I helped basically you know, get them off the island and and and their their influence and uh you know so so I I, you know, I was you know, I I did lead to a lot of positive changes the the that that tribe ended up becoming a political party as well. And while they there's a there's a key distinction between the tribal chiefdom, you know, and and ruling certain things that take place within the tribe. But then public goods are ruled by the government. So there's I guess sort of a private sector and a public sector, and they never were involved in the public sector before that was that was you know, the government, you know, would would control what took place on the island as it related to the outs side world as a result, related to UH development, UH, infrastructure, things of that nature that would directly affect their lives, but but outside of their jurisdiction. UH. Once they became a political party with you know, through my involvement, UH, they then were able to take control and become elected into you know, roles of leadership where they have greater control over their own lives and the decisions that affect them.
Speaker 2: Kevin Selling, I got to tell you, man, you got the most fascinating life that I tell you. You're blow me away, man, you really do. Kevin Sling dot com and the other one is a Spectaclefilms dot com. Kevin, We're out of time, man, but thank you so much. Another great episode from Kevin Sewing when this film comes out, the one about the prophecy. What's it called again?
Speaker 3: So it's mister Kevin and the Cargo Cult. And Kevin spelled with the sea because like you know, because Maniam spelled with the sea. So yeah, so it's about it's about my time and you know, visiting and the conflicts and I mean, you know that the summary I gave is really brief, and there's a lot more drama there and it's it's it's there's some pretty intense times there where where you know, it looked like things you know were yeah, that the government, the the you know, had threatened me, and it was it was kind of intense.
Speaker 2: Kevin, Thank you so much. Man. Okay, soon as it comes out, give me a call anytime you want to come on you give me a call. Recipes to me, man, whatever you want. You got an open door. And definitely about this thing about the student resistance handbook, we got to do a whole show about that, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, absolutely well, thank you, and I thanks thanks Again's always such a pleasure being on your show.
Speaker 2: No, it really is. Man, fascinated body. I'd tell you, I wonder if this whole thing is a giant hoax. He's just making all this stuff up, you know, it could be and I got to look into this. Kevin Soling, Man, God, bless you, thank you so much, thank you. But all right, man, Kevin, So this guy's fascinating, man, I tell you, I'm like the biggest fan of the freaking world Spectaclefilms dot com, Kevin Soling and so what I see ce v I N s or l I NNG dot com, The Gillian Manifesto, Who's an incredible film? A Hole in Your Head is an incredible film. I've watched both of these. This is great stuff, man, and I always tell us about this out. I haven't seen the Urine one. I haven't seen the other one about the prophecy. But also Ickland Ickland, what is this thing? The Eckland tribe?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was telling me about it last time till we didn't get a chance to talk about it this time. But just incredible stuff I come out of this guy, all these eclectic topics and stuff. Anyway, if you like this show, here about Kevin Solan, I don't know how you could not like it. This guy's a brilliant guy. And by the way, too, he's no diva like some of these guests. So we totally destroyed his last taping and he just came back. He did a retelling of it just beautifully. Thank you so much, Kevin Solman. I really appreciate it. But check out Opperamanreport dot com. That's where we have our members section with exclusive content, extra shows, all kinds of stuff going on there. So what do you call?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: What do you call?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Check out operat report dot com. You can become a member if you contact me directly because we're trying to raise money for my kids to go to college. So if you contact me directly, I'll give you a big discount. I'll give you thirteen months for sixty five dollars. You contact me at operaman Report at gmail dot com. If you're a new listener here at KCAA AMFM in California, check out all that we have. The previous show with Kevin Soling you could find on my spreaker channel a spreaker dot com, s p r e A k eer dot com and that's that. You can join that for free. There's about fifteen hundred shows on are you sign up for free? You follow the shows and then you get an email notification when a new show comes on and can there's a chatroom all kinds of stuff like that too as well. But you can find us here right after House the Mystery, Alan Warren House of Mystery, you can find us right here at ten pm. Alan Warren comes on at nine pm. Comes the same kind of topics we do, and always excellent content over there. So check us out here five nights a week, Monday to Friday. I'm KCAA ten pm. Good night. Thank you so much, Kevin Soling Prophet. Uh, what's this thing called here?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kevin Soul Doctor, mister Kevin and the Cargo Cult. I love this guy, man, This guy's that great stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Kevin Soling