Speaker 1: We're going to open the Minnesota Goodbye with a story about a stripper and a dollar bill.
Speaker 2: I was at the Gay Nineties for a bachelor at party on Friday night, and this girl had just like a very very tiny bikini kind of looking top and then this g string song, like there was nothing but like a string.
Speaker 1: Now, she's a customer, a patron.
Speaker 2: No, she is someone who dances at the Gay Nineties for entertainment purposes. And I don't know if technically you would call her a stripper. She was accepting money, she was in a very scandalous get up and whatever. But there are polls on a lot of the bars at the Gay nineties, So she was on one of the poles. There was a guy on the other one on that bar, and I'm looking at her and I'm admiring her, like she's killing it. She's doing things I would never be able to do. But then my friend points out that there is a dollar bill that's kind of in a circular shape that looks like it's sticking out of her butthole. And my friend is like, I don't get it, Like does she have that shoved in her buttthole? She's very small too, so it's not like she's got a bunch of like jingle like holding it in, you know. And the thong was just a straight line, like a piece of string on her ass as that long is. Yeah, So we kind of watched for probably longer than we needed to to try to figure out if that dollar bill was just shoved in her buttthole, and I think it was. That's why it was staying there, because it didn't move like it remained there if she went around the pole as she put her legs up above her head all this stuff. So it was like, girl, what have you got to do to make that money and attract the people? I mean, I was intrigued, but.
Speaker 1: I guess you are you are talking about it.
Speaker 2: I also it was at the very end of the night for me because it was about twelve thirty am, and I was sitting on a chair nearby and I just was over dancing and I was exhausted at that point, so there was nothing else for me to do about watch her and the dollar bill in her buttthole. So I did.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like something you can't take your eyes off. It's like a bat, a car accident.
Speaker 1: You're like, is that up her m. But there was a years ago we did a Halloween party at Sneaky Pete's and this was probably fifteen maybe longer ago, fifteen twenty years ago, and there was a woman and her friend and they wanted to be in the costume contest. Okay, we'll put you, and so they were in lingerie and one was she had a thong on, and so she was crawling around on her hands and knees and you could see her butthole and we were like do we stop her? Do we because the thong was like right there, not covering the whole area. Yeah, And we're like, this is not this is not right, this is not good. We can't have people. Does she even know? Does she care? Is she drunk and was very uncomfortable And I don't remember exactly what we did, but I think after a like thirty seconds, were like, Okay, thank you very much. You have any buttthole stories, set Bailey.
Speaker 3: I don't have any butt whole stories more?
Speaker 1: Oh you do?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Just remember we went to Valley Fair one time and I was waiting in line and a guy had a hat on that said show me your butthole yea or show.
Speaker 1: Me that hat. Yeah, and what Trip has that hot Trip has that hat?
Speaker 2: Yes, honestly, nothing about that surprises me. That funny took a picture of it and sent it to you and Fallen and I don't know who else was on the show at that time. I remember seeing it, but we had talked about it on the show and we were all like, man, you're at Valley Fair with a bunch of kids running around. You think you maybe could have picked one of your ten hats you probably have hanging in your closet that doesn't say show me that butthole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, wow, that is funny. All right, Moving on to the emails here, because we always need more emails for the Minnesota Goodbye. Here we go. I wanted to ask if one Nita has ever been on the radio live with you guys before. If not, what the hell are you all waiting for? Ask her to join one morning or even join in the Minnesota Goodbye that is, of course, if one Needa wants to or has time. I just love her weekly rants. That would be fun to have her come in day and shoot the shit with y'all. From Alison, I think we asked her to come in to host the mixtape game.
Speaker 2: One time we did, but she worked four nights and so it just timing wise wasn't going to work with her schedule. But we have said that we'll try to get her in some other time that does work.
Speaker 1: I hope I didn't read this one before, but I don't think I have. It says it's catching up on the Minnesota Goodbye. And I heard Dave talking about the amount of Japanese tourists at Yellowstone. It was really, I mean, just like amazing. There was probably one third of all the people that I saw at Yellowstone were Japanese. And I mean that's great. If they have like such a booming economy that they want to come over here and see probably something that there's nothing like that that exists in Japan, then great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like, okay, well we just were in Japan six or seven years ago with my family, and so they want to come over here and look at Yellowstone Park. Fuck yeah, yeah, for sure boring it own anyway. I used to live in Idaho in the sun working at a golf course as a kid. Where I worked was about an hour out of Yellowstone and an hour out of Jackson Hole. Before COVID, there'd be large tour buses with Asian tourist who would come for vacation travel together in a bus. They'd fly in to Salt Lake City or Idaho Falls. It was pretty slick because they rolled to have their interpreter with them. I could be way off base, but my guess is the buses are back. I think they mean after COVID. Yeah, so yeah, it's super cool.
Speaker 3: I would love to go on like a tour bus to a different country because, like, like they said, Okay, if they have these tour buses, they have an interpreter there, and I know, like when I worked at Disney, we would get tons of tour buses from like Brazil and then they'd have like a person translating for them as they all walked around the park. Yeah, and I would totally go on way more of vacations if I could guarantee that I had somebody there to translate and I was with other people who spoke English, then I wouldn't feel like I don't know what's going on, I don't speak the language and I'm lost.
Speaker 1: You know, Here's what I know. I'm not a world traveler. I'm not you know, I've been to. I didn't go to Europe until I was well into my forties, I think. And this is what I can tell you about Germany, Italy, Paris. If you go to the touristy spots, and you will, because why wouldn't you. Everybody there speaks English. Germany. I remember the very first day we checked in. The guy behind the counter looked like a twenty five year old Seth Myers, and I'm like, Sprachens English or whatever the world is, and he's like, yes, of course, and I was like ah. And everybody spoke really good English, except when we went to the castle that the Disney Castle is modeled after. Neus Schwafstein is the name of the castle, and it's beautiful. And I was at a gift shop and one woman there did not speak very good English, and that was really and I learned to speak a little bit of German, and I remember buying shoes and I was able to talk about the price of shoes. But if you go anywhere in Europe to they're gonna speak English. In Japan, we had an interpreter. We sprung the extra whatever it was to have an interpreter because it is such a different culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially then too, because then if you have an interpreter, not only are they interpreting the language for you, but they are interpreting like the cultural norms, like so you don't mess up and like, gosh, what if you, you know, take something with the wrong hand and you insult somebody's mother or whatever, you know, they can interpret what not to do is.
Speaker 1: It's funny when you say take something with the wrong hand. When they hand you something in Japan, you take it with both hands. Yeah, like when they hand you your credit card, you take it back with both.
Speaker 3: Hands or your right hand. But your left hand is dirty. I know that for a fact. That's why you don't take things with your left hand. And when I worked in your left hand band, you filthy pay exactly. When I worked in retail and somebody I don't know, like Japanese would come up to me, I would anytime I handed something back to them, I would always try to do it with both hands. And that's kind of hard to like train yourself to do that, you guys, I'm like, so the opposite of both of you.
Speaker 2: I don't want tourist guides or anything. I want to just like fumble my way through things. And now I'm also not a world traveler, but I did go to Thailand, and I mean we didn't have a translator at all. We tried to learn some of the language, like the basics and stuff, and then just chatted with people through like hand motions and laughter a lot of times. And I feel like that's part of the experience in my opinion.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just fun. It'd be different if you went with somebody. Yeah, that's yea find some I.
Speaker 1: Could see that.
Speaker 2: But I also like, I'm the hypocritical tourist who hates tourists, so like I don't like to be on anyone else's times. I hate being on a tour bus. I just want to do things when I want to do them, and be done with it and leave and go to the next thing when I want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that. Yeah, I kind of fall in the middle of that. One. I think certain things I would like to be on a tour because I would like somebody to like when we went to Normandy, we were in Paris and we went to you know, Omaha Beach where the you know, the Allies beat the Germans back in World War Two, and I was real glad we were on a bus because they're like this over here is this, This over here is this, and this over here is this. And if it wasn't for that, I would have been like all right. Next email this from Kate Kelly Gustafson and she said, what the hell do you guys even do? Hopefully you got your attention so you'll open the email and read it on the Minnesota goodbye. I am curious of all your responsibilities as DJ, producer, host, etc. Like I heard Dave talking about going to a music summit discovering doja cat? Lol? Does that mean he gets to make the decisions on what music is played on the radio? What other unique and cool responsibilities do the rest of you outside of what we hear on the radio? What do you love and hate about your jobs? Love y'all from Katie No, I got to go to the music summit is kind of a treat, kind of like you know, like DuPont might have a trip to Nashville as kind of like, oh, we're gonna go to Nashville or we're gonna go to you know, I work for Benjamin Moore Paints and I'm gonna go to whatever and go to Las Vegas. So they said come to the music summit, and I got to go along, and I got to see like all these artists perform or present their songs. And the second I heard doja Katam like that song is a smash because it just you know, it wasn't easy. It wasn't hard to tell that song was a smash hit. But I certainly do not pick the music here on KATWB at all.
Speaker 2: Our boss Rich is more so him and Zach Dylon. He is the music director. The two of them have meetings every single Tuesday, I think it is, and discuss what music's going to either be at it or taken away, or what they want to play more of. They've just tried to throw his coffee cup in the fucking garbage and he miss get it for me flonky klonk in the background. I swear, I mean, I appreciate the motivation to continue to shoot your shot there, but you miss most of the time.
Speaker 1: We had it absolutely false. I missed I nearly. I get it nearly every single time, and then.
Speaker 2: You spill shit everywhere. There's like a when I have to run the board where Dave sits if he's in Colorado or he's on vacation. There is a pool of salt where you sit and stand, there's a pool of salt because Dave also just sprinkles salts all over eggs. It's on the ground, it's everywhere, and I sit and I have to clean that area up before I can even engage because I'm a clean freak.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna argue. No, I mean, it's kind of true. I don't know. It's like, this is where we live for four or five hours out of the day. It's gonna get a little bit ratty over here. Not ratty, So responsibilities, I will do mine really quickly. Here we come up with content. It's like, Okay, what do we want to talk about in the show? But we all do. But I've been doing it the longest, so I'm kind of like majorly responsible for a lot of the content. And then I also get the joy of shooting down other people's idea for content. Like last week, Bailey was bringing up something and I was giving you a hard time. I said, Bailey, that's a stupid idea. Stop it. I remember what that was. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Lelly lists the ones that I.
Speaker 1: Have, but but it was funny because Bailey's like, I think we should do this, and I said, Bailey, nobody likes that idea. Stop it, shut up. And I was saying it in a way like, yes, I met it's a dumb idea, and it was, but I was trying to make you laugh at the same time, so I get the joy. It's kind of like you're the doctor that gets to tell people that are going to die, so I get to tell Jenny, yeah, you know what, that's not really a good idea. But at the same time, I'm definitely like when I bring up an idea and I'm readed with silence, I go well, by the fact that you guys aren't saying anything, I can tell you hate that idea, and you guys will say like, yeah, Dave, people don't really do that anymore. Or I'll be like, hey, let's do the facts of the day and bring up something like old fashioned and I'm joking you guys, Yeah, people don't really do that anymore. So I feel definitely like you guys can give it back to me and tell me when I have a shit idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would say. My job is to respond to Dave as he Speaks, and I put together the podcast, and I have a Saturday show, and I put up the Minnesota Goodbye. And I hate listing the stuff that I do because I still feel new even though I've been here a year, and I'm sure there's more I could do, but I just need someone to tell me to do it or else. I don't know. So I feel like I could be doing more stuff, but I don't know what everyone else is doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: And mine playing and simple is I'm the detail and leader of the group project. That's who I am. If you can think of the leader of the group project in school, that's pretty much me. I make sure shit happens. I make sure things get scheduled, and I make sure Dave knows what's coming up in two minutes, because.
Speaker 1: A lot of the time, it's like there's like keeping a lot of balls in the air. I mean, we all do, but I'm sitting over here. I got all the buttons and equipment to run. I've got to keep things moving forward, and so I get a lot of balls in the air, so I will literally forget what we're about to do. In eight seconds, Jenny, what are we doing? Oh, we're going to talk about the best places in Minnesota to go for the weekend. Okay, yeah, good, ye Can I tell you something I want to tell This is just something that I want to run by you because we're very transparent. So I got a DM yesterday from somebody who said, Dave Love, you have grown up with your show. Would really have my officiant for my wedding dropped out last minute or dropped out? On September twenty fifth? Will you come to Duluth to marry me and my fiance? You know, you can fly the plane up land at the local airport, but will come pick you up? Susan can come along too, will feed you? Will you come and marry me? And I was like absolutely not. And the reason I'm like absolutely not is like, why I don't know you. I am so flattered that you want me to come and marry you, but there's no way I'm going to take a day out of my life to fly to somebody's wedding that I don't know, yeah, to marry them in exchange for you know, free roast beef and mashed potatoes. And I'm not. It wasn't rude of them to ask. It was very flattering for them to ask, but it was also puzzling that somebody would think that I would actually say yes to that. Does that sound like? Do I sound like a dick?
Speaker 2: I think the only reason people might think you sound like a dick is they don't understand how much people ask us to do because most people in their everyday job as an accountant or a teacher, or they're not being well, maybe I shouldn't speak for teachers, but yeah, an accountant. They're not asking a random accountant to come officiate their wedding or to show up to their kids birthday party because they've been listening to that accountant for thirty two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that's why it might come off like you're being a dick, But truly, no, I I good for them for asking and shooting their shot, but I'm sure that they probably thought there was a point zero five percent that you'd say yes. Yeah so, and I'm like right there with you. That's a that's a big ask. And personally, I don't like people who do things like that because I feel like that's an entitled characteristic of people. What do you mean, like they are not considering you in that they're only considering the benefit that they're getting from it. They're not really Okay, you're getting free food. Cool, But like, how about the prep you have to do to get ready to officiate it and the entire day? And also I think people are confused and think that you have a plane. You don't have your own plane. You have to go like rent a plane, go to an airport, fly up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just that's where I get frustrated with stuff when people ask for things that they don't necessarily deserve.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, any thoughts, Bailey, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I feel how how I I don't know, I get what you think, Like, do I sound like a dick? Because if it's like why would you ever think I would do something like that? That does kind of sound dicky, But also like the sentiment is real though, like you saying that's going to take up a whole day, I don't know you all of that's like super valid. And I think I think the reason they think that you would say yes in the first place is because you have officiated listeners weddings before, so they're taking the pass and they're like, Okay, this makes sense, he'll say yes. Because he's done it before fair enough, so I see both sides to it, Like I wouldn't shame them, but I get where they're coming from.
Speaker 1: I guess I think most of the weddings that I've done for listeners have been they came to us, like I've done several at the State Fair, several at Treasure Island, several here at the radio station. So anyway, when I first got like, and anybody can do this, that's the thing you can go on. I think it's called God Church of I don't know dot com and it's not church dot com, Universal Life Church. Just search Universal Life Church. You can get ordained. You can be religious or not, and they will like you can basically marry people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have a ton of friends who are ordained. Yeah, like just online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, go do that. Check that out if you want to do that, maybe this summer. Okay, moving on to our next email. I'm going to hit the lead on that one, and this one is for Bailey and Jenny. Question about dating. If you're considering dating a guy and you discover he doesn't have any social media accounts, is that a red flag or a green flag? Do most people you date you try to date have social media accounts. Jenny will start with you's had a red flag or a green flag.
Speaker 2: I would say it's neither. I don't think it's a flag period. It's just an interesting quality to have at this point in life, especially someone around mine and Bailey's age, because you probably should have some social media, so I probably would question, like do they have some sketchy side accounts? You know? Yeah, but I don't know. I think you get to know someone and some people just don't do social media like they really are just like I don't want to be on the internet. It's like my sister and I are a year and a half apart, and she has to ask me how to post a reel a lot of times. Oh really, and she does social media, but she just doesn't know how to do much. So I don't think that's out of the norm for someone to not have it, But of the younger generations, it's pretty strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, I mean, I would hope that they would have some kind of social media. Even if you have an Instagram account and the last picture you posted was in twenty twenty one, like that's fine. At least you have one to like stay, you know, up to date with what's going on in the world, because if you don't have any social media, then I'm thinking like, okay, that's sus. Why don't you have any social media? Do you think you're better than me because you don't have any That's how my brain would work there, right.
Speaker 1: That is going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails in to Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com. Anything you want to talk about. We'd love to hear from you.