Speaker 1: We're arguing over who's the happiest on the show. I said, I'm the fucking bright light of the show because I'm singing, and I'm like singing to Bailey, You're welcome. In the words of the Rock, You're welcome, eighty Dudd, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Normally he just has like a scowl on his face and then he laughs every once in a while while he's watching his funny reels that's normally out of him. A sudden, he's like singing, and I'm like, what happened in the last few minutes since I went to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Sunshine, sunshine outside.
Speaker 1: There's a sign of spring. And I was telling Bailey about it because we are in the space little studio, and when the space needles not revolving, it sits stationary with us facing east toward Wisconsin, towards the sunrise. And when spring arrives, the sun moves up farther north and it shines in my eyes. And it started doing that for the first time today, so I had to close some of the blinds. So that's a good sign of spring.
Speaker 3: My favorite sign of spring is the birds.
Speaker 1: You can hear them in the morning. You hear them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that just brings me so much joy. In the winter at my old job, I used to like play throughout the entire day like a porch with like a wind chime and birds in the background, just to have like on ambiance to get me through the day.
Speaker 3: Because man, those birds really bring me.
Speaker 1: Like listen in the morning when you go out to your car, or when you just walk outside or open your garage door and listen as you walk into work, you and hear the birds. I don't know about this early in the year, but definitely in the summertime, it's a constant chirping. Email. This is a complete nonsense topic question, But who cares, says Rachel. Do you guys string your string cheese or do you just bite in? I like stringing, mind really thin, and my husband just goes for it. I was thinking about how that correlates with our personalities. He's more go with the flow. I'm more of a list maker. Thoughts. Hope you have a great day from Rachel. I bite in. I don't string my string cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh. I used to string it and now I'm just a biden.
Speaker 4: Oh I string it every time, but like big chunks because I am doing like tiny little strings.
Speaker 2: I'm doing right, You want to like get some flavor in your mouth, right, always get the tiktoks of where someone picks up a bunch of dogs on a bus and like takes them to wherever every day. I don't know if you guys have ever seen this, but they had their own little spots.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and they sit there on their bus like the students. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other day, it was one of the dog's birthday and the owner gave them a big bag of string cheese to give to all the other dogs.
Speaker 3: And it was so cute. But in my head, I was like, what if he has dietary restrictions? What if that dog can't have cheese? What if? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I was like, this is the cutest thing ever. And also I would like to know how to have that job.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, well look it up. You know what. It could be a second career for you, Jenny. You never know. Next email from Jacob. They say, in reference to touristy places mentioned Wednesday, I'm a huge believer every US citizen should visit Washington, d C. At least once in their life. I think it's a fantastic place. To visit for the knowledge and beauty of our nation's history. At the very least, most people should go because our federal tax dollars support many of the great monuments and museums there. I know many went down to middle school field trip at his kids, But if you haven't gone as an adult, I think you'd appreciate even more. I've been there five times in my life, three times before turning eighteen, and twice as an adult. I still want to go back. Just my two cents dart lick from Jacob. I've been twice. I went when Allison was little, so thirty ish years ago, and then I went fifteen ish years ago and I went to We were there for a short time and we went to the Smithsonian Space and Air and Space Museum. Yeah, I could spend a day there. I might want to go by myself sometime because when I go with Susan, she'll be like, how long are you going to be in there? And I'm like, oh my god, this is Neil Armstrong's glove. It's his glove, and she'll be like, I'm going to go to the gift shop or I'm going to go get some coffee. So I want to go back by myself.
Speaker 3: It's I love it.
Speaker 4: We went when I was a kid, I was probably like nine or ten, and we loved it because we liked vacations where you get to learn something. But then I went again in college. We had a day trip to Washington, d C. To go to the Holocaust Museum and one other place I can't remember, and then I went for the History Day National contests. So then it's like a different vibe entirely. But the New African American Museum or African American Culture Museum something like that. Fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I could spend a day in that museum by itself.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The cherry blossoms are out for the next four months. Yeah, and a lot of people are headed toward DC to go see the cherry blossoms, which I would like to see sometime.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 1: I've seen it, Jenny. Have you been to d C.
Speaker 2: I did because our good old buddy intern John does radio out there, so I took a trip out there to see one of his comedy stand up tour spots. So I did that a handful of years ago. It was with a girlfriend from here, and we didn't have like a ton of time. It's just kind of a longer weekend. So we did go to one of the Smithsonians museums, I want to say, the one that had like all the dinosaurs or.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, the natural history.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so we did do that one. We walked around like that mall area briefly, but we didn't have a ton of time, so I really didn't see much of like the historical side of things. And my friend that lived there at the time said that, like the African American Museum, like you'll cry going in there, So there's a lot of things that I would like to go back and see as well.
Speaker 1: So many things there. Yeah, it's like, I mean absolutely thanks for that Jacob email, because that's a very important point. They're talking about dogs and Josie. This next email from Sandy says, I was so sorry to hear about Josie. Is such a tough decision to make. Making a decision for my dog Charlie in June of last year he would have been seventeen a couple of months later, was really difficult. One of the things that helped me after a questionnaire was the questionnaire you mentioned on the Minnesota goodbye. It had a question I hadn't seen before, and it was the one like, is your dog ready to say goodbye? And one of them was they don't enjoy the things they used to. They don't enjoy their treats and that type of thing. One of the questions was does your dog no longer react to something they you to hate? Perhaps that particular question is it relevant to Josie, But it helped reinforce to me that all the different factors and considerations that go into the decision, even when things don't seem as bad as they probably are on the outside. And then they talk about getting another dog, and that's something that I, you know, really am not wrestling with. I wish that I could find, like today, the perfect dog, maybe a three year old, small, happy dog, not a yippy, yippy dog. And I love all dogs, but I could never own. You know, there's certain dogs in my neighborhood that when I walk, I go on a walk and I walk past the house, the dog will be on the back of the couch. I'm sorry, I could not tolerate a dog like that. I could not tolerate a dog that's giant and energetic. Somebody said Hey, a friend of mine was on Facebook. They want they have a homeless Great Dane, and the Great Dane is just so cute and big, beautiful, brown, soulful eyes. And I showed it to Susan. She said, no, I don't want horse eyes poops in my backyard.
Speaker 3: That's what I would think of.
Speaker 1: Yep A's. Then they end with something totally different. What TV or movie or TV show that you enjoy but most people seem to hate? Mine is Gi Jane. I've never really thought about one that I really like that most people seem to hate. I'm more of a mainstream kind of a person. I can't, off the top of my head think of a TV show that I love that people seem to hate. Anybody got one?
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a Game of Thrones, because Dave, you've never gotten into that. No, Like, I love Game of Thrones and I feel like that's something that a lot of people don't like. That's all I can think of right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't think of anything.
Speaker 4: I think I like different TV than you do, Dave, Like yours is mainstream, but mine's like girly mainstream, like girls might like it, but like Bridge Orton Outlander, people like it though, it's just like a niche audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's kind of like mine with my plane crash videos, because I will watch the play, I'll go home and I'll have a little lunch and I'll watch a fifteen minute plane crash video. It's called pilot debrief on YouTube, and it's a guy who's a former Navy fighter jet pilot, and he'll break down why this private pilot screwed up and killed his family and wife or whatever. Yeah. Then she asked another interesting question, what's a movie or TV show that everybody has seen the raves about, but you have no desire to see Wicked? For me, I have no desire to see Wicked. I have no desire to see Game of Thrones. And really, other than that, I mean, that's kind of it. Bridgerton is not targeted toward guys my age, So she says hers is dumb and dumber. Everybody loves it. She has no desire to see dumb and dumber. Dumb and dumber is funny. It's just as stupid as you expect it to be. Yeah, and dumb and dumb er er or dumb and dumber two, whichever one they REDID five is years ago. That was also funny.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't ever think I'll see Breaking Bad. I know everyone loves it. It's like such a good show. I will never watch it. Okay, it does not spark joy for me. And then any like movies with Gore, like, I will never see Saw ever in my life.
Speaker 3: I don't want to live that. I don't like Gore, I don't like but lud and Guts body horror freaks me out. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: My only thing I can think of is Star Wars. I'm not a Star Wars person. I never will be. I don't. I just I think I've seen like clips of some of like the first movies, and it just never it's caught my att.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like and we could sit here and try to talk you into it, but I would be like trying to talk me into Game of Thrones, right, and Carson love Game of Thrones, and we share a lot of common likes in movies, and Yeah, it's one of those things where it's like, no, I just will never really watch Game of Throat.
Speaker 3: Do you like Marvel movies?
Speaker 1: Du No, I hate the Marvel universe. Don't hate it. It yeah. Yes, movies with all special effects, all green screen is not exciting to me. I just not into superhero movies in the least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I don't really care for them. If I see them, I'll forget them instantly, instantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did see a few because Carson wanted to go see Captain America whenever that was out with Chris Hemsworth. Is that the one he was in for Lilliam Hemsworth one of the other.
Speaker 4: No, Chris Hemsworth is Guardians of the Gallaxy. Okay, No, that's Chris Pratt, Chris hem I don't know, doesn't matter. No, Chris Hemsworth is Thor I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I didn't hate it. I liked it, but I never go Oh, a new Marvel Universe movie is out this. I totally respect people who who want to see that. I just don't like movies that are constant special effects because then it's like, yeah, okay, you're visually entertained. But I want a good story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the Coen Brothers. The Coen Brothers of the most fucked up plots of all time?
Speaker 3: What's the one with Nick Cage? Is it raising Arizona?
Speaker 1: I've never seen that one because I just saw.
Speaker 3: That one this year. It wasn't bad. It was weird because it's Cohen Brothers, but it was not bad.
Speaker 1: One brothers did I believe Fargo? Okay? And they also did a simple plan where it's you take something that should be an ordinary day, but you fuck it up so hard that you cannot extract yourself from this position. So I'll give you an example, and I'm not going to ruin the story, but a simple plan. You've seen Fargo, But a simple plan is this family. There's two brothers. One is like, you know, he's a hard worker and he just doesn't have enough money, but he's a hard working, good person. And then his brother is Billy Bob Thornton, who's a little mentally challenged and kind of a screwball. They find a crash drug plane in the forest. They live in the middle of the mountains, and that's full of millions of dollars. They're like, oh, we got to turn it in. They go, no, let's keep it because this could change our lives. So they decide to keep it. But then things go wrong and it's called a simple plan, and Billy Bob Thornton because he's a screwball fucks everything up, and the other guy, his brother, tries to keep things workable. So good Coen Brothers and No Country for Old Men is another one of my favorite movies that I could watch over and over and over, so never seen it. They in the email by saying, love the show. Been listening since the Corey Foley days. I love the Minnesota Goodbye, and I think it's awesome for listeners to have an opportunity to contribute without the pressure of the regular show. Thank you, Sandy, I really appreciate that one. That is uh and then she sends pictures of her dog and I just love that and it's so sweet. Thank you for sharing that, Sandy, and thanks for listening this long. And I'm glad you liked the Minnesota Goodbye. All right. Next one, Elena writes in I lost my heart dog a few years back, and I feel for Dave and his loss of Josie. Though I was devastated, I needed that can ie injury energy in my life, and I got another dog about a month later. It was hard not to compare the two, but I love the new dog because I'm a dog lover to the core, Dave, I think that Josie would want you to adopt a dog in your loving home. I'm sure she wants you to be happy. I was avoiding my homework and window shopping for dogs. I attached several screenshots for you, but for some reason, River Dance really stands out as a potential Dave Ryan Flugelbinder companion. She looks like she could hike. Whatever you choose will be right for you. Also, congrants on another grand baby. Yes, Alison is pregnant with another barb and so they send a picture of it. Is sky a a little Corgie with a little scarf around her neck. Little puppy. Here is Shannon is a female golden doodle.
Speaker 3: That might look good for you. She's cute.
Speaker 1: I saw something going around the other day, and it was a vet in a vet office walking around to all the employees and saying, what's the most overrated dog breed? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've seen these?
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's always a doodle. Yep, it's always a doodle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We should bring that up on the show maybe tomorrow. What's the overrated dog breed?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 2: I will say one thing as someone who watches a lot of dogs. I think, like you say, overrated because there's so many of them now, but they're great.
Speaker 1: Dogs, Like that's why there's so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, my sister has one. She's an asshole. She is not like your sister is. Yes, and the dog's are right. The dog is an asshole, but she's not bad. She just doesn't like men and she kind of like gets snippy with men. But the doodles I watch are great.
Speaker 1: Well. Josie was a labradoodle and she was the best dog I could ever imagine. I mean everything about her she was. She didn't chew on things, and she was playful, and she didn't jump on people or bark, and she loved to exercise and she was always happy and she played fetch. She didn't know a lot of commands, but she was just her. She did her best. So cute.
Speaker 3: The one that you have open right now.
Speaker 1: It's a big it's a bag tan doodle yea.
Speaker 3: And they look got a sandy blonde hair, pretty nice face.
Speaker 1: She's adorable. Next one is Kaylee, and Kaylee is I don't know how interesting it is for me to like read these female Newfoundland Newfoundland dog makes breed. Another one. Oh, that's a sweet wall.
Speaker 3: This person just sent you all these like pictures of dogs. Yeah, love it.
Speaker 1: This is a golden Doodle German wired haired pointer. Her name is River Dance. Now I would absolutely change the dog's name, but she looks a lot like a green eyed Josie with brown hair.
Speaker 3: He's cute.
Speaker 1: She is a door the River Dance. I don't know. I mean maybe you know. You never know. Okay, I'm gonna save that email. Next one begins with don't say my name, so I will not say your name. I have a question for you and listeners. Long story short, my son's dad and I are not together anymore, and our son has not seen his dad in about two and a half years due to a lack of him not wanting to be in his life. My son's dad has two kids from a relationship before me, nineteen and sixteen. My son still remembers them and talks about them, and I would love for at least the siblings to have a relationship. How would I go about doing this? Thanks for your help and any advice you guys could offer. Longtime listener, don't say my name. I don't have any advice for you, except that dad's got to be on board with that one. The nineteen year old, they can do whatever they want, so you can reach out to the nineteen year old. The dad has no say in that one. But I would say unless the dad is a complete asshole, and maybe they are, then the dad should be amenable to the kids having a relationship. She doesn't say how old her son is, but they are old enough to know and remember the older kids. Okay, I mean I don't expect you guys have an answer. I would say you can definitely reach out to the nineteen year old, but maybe reach out to dad first and say, hey, what do you think they should have a relationship unless he's a complete asshole. And sometimes it's not just the dad, but it's the partner that's like, I don't want you to have anything to do with your kids. You're with me now, I don't know who knows. I mean, good luck, because they should have a relationship. Dave Jenny Bailey not to belabor the conversation un lost, but I want to share a quote that helped me through the loss of my dad when I was a teenager, written by JFK's mother Rose. It has been said, at time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessons. But it's never gone. Now. Rose Kennedy lost not only a's son Joe during World War Two. He was a bomber pilot and he crashed like during a training accident, and he died. So she lost her like twenty five year old son in World War Two nineteen sixty three. She loses her son JFK when he gets shot nineteen sixty eight or so. I think she loses her son Robert, who is shot. She also had a daughter named Eunice, and I think Eunice had some brain difficulties. So they literally did a lobotomy back when lobotomies were a thing. Yeah, where they open up your brain and they scrape brain tissue out until you stop babbling or until you stop shaking.
Speaker 3: It's wild to me that they did that, yeah at all.
Speaker 1: Ten and so they did that to Unice, and Unice lived, but lived in a home the rest of her life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got to wrap up. That's the Minnesota goodbye. Sorry, we got to cut it short. But we are out of time. Ryan Show at kadiewb dot com