Speaker 1: It's with I'm telling you Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks to my guest last hour, doctor John Friedman. Again, really good questions from the audience. Again, a couple of the specifics. Tough to comment on a specific set of circumstances unless you really know the story. And again I would think that the call that John made about the child with who was being treated for brain to umer. I can't imagine that someone would show up with their child for a scheduled brain Truman treatment and then have it rescheduled. Now again, I guess there could be circumstances where if the specific type of medication was not available, but you would think that someone would call them in advance. I kind of imagine the heartache that apparent would be going through spot. We'll put that aside. I'm sure that John had heard the story, and I'm sure that it would have upset it upset him as much as it would have accept me if I had heard it. So I thank him for calling. But again, it's just difficult to have a guess, particularly who's talking about, you know, a broader subject, to try to deal with a specific that he or she might be unfamiliar with. Anyway, I would like to spend the last two hours in Dusty. I want to talk about the amount of ideas that Donald Trump has floated in the last month. He's been now president, since today's the twenty first of February. For one month and one day, it's been a whirlwind of activity. Whether you support him or oppose him, he has thrown so many ideas out there that done very well in terms of their cabinet selections. I mean, it's just been a wealth of activity. Again, some are going to see it as positive, some will see it as negative. It doesn't matter how you see it. Your point of view is always welcome here on Night Side. I have a question that I that I want to phrase, and I want to try to phrase it as well as I can, and I'm hoping to get some insight. My question, essentially, is President Trump and the Trump administration have been on the offensive for the last month in a day. I mean, they've been dealing with the Middle East, they've been dealing with Ukraine, and again, whether you think he's done it well or not, has had phone calls with Russian dictator Putin. Vice President Vance was in Europe speaking to NATO and European leaders and delivering messages that frankly were not probably messages that those European leaders wanted to hear that they would have to assume a greater financial responsibility. Obviously, what's going on here with Elon Musk and the cuts that are being proposed, the layoffs, all of that has just been a whirlwind of activity. You can focus on anything you want. My question is this. I know that a lot of the Democratic senators has spoken out against him, but I have a theory and I want to test that theory with my audience. And that theory is this, I believe that Donald Trump is in the minds, in living in the mind space, the headspace, living in the brains of a lot of Democrats. Rent Free. We had a call a couple of nights ago from one of my favorite callers, David from San Francisco. And David called up and I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, but apparently Donald Trump had tweeted or one of his media outlets had tweeted a picture of him on the cover of what looked like Time magazine. It didn't say Time, it said Trump, And basically he was wearing a crown, and I think it was in the same day that he had said that he was going to prevent New York City from engaging in congestion pricing. Now I haven't I have no idea where his authority would come for that, but obviously, as the former New Yorker, clearly it was something he wanted to do, and he did it, and I think that he just is a master at tweaking the Democrats. Now, in addition, we've also had some unfortunately some horrific accidents of plane accidents. The crash on the Potomac is the one that the things that I think most of and I think most of us you see what happened. I'm in Toronto yesterday. Now again that's in Canada, but it's a flight that started in Minneapolis. And there have been other activities. He's gone out and he's met with the people in California. He's met with Mayor Bass, who I guess tonight had decided to fire her a police chief, which is interesting, met with the governor out there, engaged in a couple of little mini debates, if you will, with them, and was in North Carolina and received a very warm reception of people in North Carolina because he had said that the Biden administration had not taken care of people in North Carolina with FEMA support, and he was a big favorite in North Carolina. But it just shows the polices that he's been, the things that he's done. I don't know how he keeps up the pace, but I do think that he's living at this point. He drives the Demoocrats nuts. He also comes in in this first month, unlike in twenty seventeen. In the first month of twenty seventeen, his first Trump much better prepared, surrounded by a better group of people. Arguably, now, whether or not Cash Patel turns out to be better than rather Piam Bondi turns out to be better than Jeff Simons as the Attorney General, I suspect she will, but we'll see. We'll have to see. He's been able to bring Robert Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, all of the cabinet selections have passed. He's held his Republicans together. But so I just want to go to my exchange with David the other night in which he comes on and somehow Trump posts this cartoon like picture and to David it becomes a declaration that Trump has made himself king. Not true, not true, But this is David. Let's go to the shorter version, Rob cut twenty five A. This was from I should know what specific night it was from, and I don't. I think it was Tuesday night. But I'll check that out and I'll have that for you when we get back.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Rob, I was calling to find out how the patriotic thirteen Colonies Revolutionary War city of Boston is facing Donald Trump's declaration that he's a king.
Speaker 2: We haven't had, we haven't heard about the declaration he's the king. When did he make that declaration?
Speaker 3: That's look here at the headlines New York Times, Long Live the King. Trump likens himself to royalty on truth, social and.
Speaker 2: Not a declaration. That's yeah, do me, favorite, That's really not a declaration.
Speaker 4: I know you try.
Speaker 2: It's not a declar David. I mean, it's like out of the blue. So somehow David had interpreted that as a declaration. Now, at the same time, the Democrats seem totally off balance, and if the best they seem to have come up with is some of the tried and true Democratic players. This is Senator Chuck Schumer, the Senate Minority leader who used to be the Senate Majority leader but now is the Senate Minority leader. Cut number thirty eight. Listen to this are inspiring, Chuck Schumer led chant.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stand with you in this vibe and way well, when way well, when way well, when way well, when way well, when we we.
Speaker 2: Won't rest.
Speaker 1: We won't rest, We won't rest, we won't rest.
Speaker 2: Thank you, everybody. Not quite new Rockney with the Gipper's speech at halftime, but you get my drift. The bottom line is what do the Democrats have to do to to get back on the field. Here? Can they get back on the field. I'd prefer to hear from Democratic supporters who's who's the next leader of the Democratic Party. It's certainly not going to be Chuck Schumer, Nord, Nancy Pelosi, Nord, Joe Biden nor. I would argue Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris, kamala harris whatever. I still am confused sometimes Kamala is the way that correct pronunciation when I think about it, six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, ten thirty or triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. I have never ever remembered the Democratic Party being this leaderless, this seemingly on their heels as they have been put on their heels in the last month. No, obviously things can turn around, We've seen that before. But what do they have to do to regain the support? I mean they had, they got almost fifty percent of the vote Vice President Harris. But what if you're a Democrat out there? What how do you come back from? How do you how do you get back in the game? I guess is the way I'm even trying to. I feel like it's a hockey game and your down eight nothing in the first three minutes of the game. We'll be back at Night's Ide joined the conversation.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So let's say maybe there's a strategy out there for the Democrats. I don't know. I mean the look Trump is like the energizer bunny. He just doesn't stop, doesn't sleep. Joel and Natick, Hey, Joel, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm fine, Dan, how are you doing good?
Speaker 2: So we're raising the question of I mean, I've never seen the Democrats as impotent as as they have been every one of Trump was able to hold all the Republicans, of virtually all the Republicans together to get all of his cabinet nominees through. I think I'm not sure if there's anyone who was. I think McMahon still means to be. She's yet to be. But Patel got through, Robert F. Kennedy Junior got through. It's it's been an interesting month for Donald Trump. What do you think about? What can the Democrats do? What advice would you give them?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is my advice, Dan. The Democrats should do away with the agendas of Wolkeness, women and men in girl sports, transgender issues, and DEI policies. Stop attacking Trump's policies with lawsuits with Democratic judges because Republicans will find Republican judges who will appeal the lawsuits and their wasting taxpayers money. And then the last thing is, how can Democrats complain about Trump giving all Americans twenty percent of a good twenty percent excuse me, giving all Americans five thousand dollars each in the form of a Dodge dividend, part of the twenty percent savings that the Dodge that Dodge will find.
Speaker 2: Well I think the argument there was made today by Speaker Johnson, and that is, hey, we got to use that money to pay off the debt. So that's the argument. But I understand, I understand your concern. News interesting there was an article in The New York Times a few days ago in which Jake Arkincloss, who's the congressman, might even be your congressman in Ano mistake. I could be wrong on that, but he's a congressman from Newton and his district runs down all the way to fall River. And he was being interviewed by Ezra Kleine, who I guess has some sort of a podcast that's associated with the New York Times. I had Ezra Kleine on my show many years ago. He's a very progressive, but well progress practical progressive than most. Auchen Class made a point to me which I had heard, but I had forgotten about the city of fall River, which is a you know, blue collar, working class city, voted for Donald Trump for president in November, the first time in a hundred years that the citizens of fall River had voted for a Republican for president. That's an astonishing fact, an astonishing fact. And Auchen Class was who's a liberal, you know, pretty progressive guy. He was talking about how the Democrats have done exactly what you just said, and they have chased all of these little small splinter groups, transgender groups and you know, different different causes, and has alienated, you know, people who traditionally had been Democrats and pushed them over to the Republican Party. You may be onto something, Joel.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: I do. I do so. I think maybe you they could hire you, the Democrats could hire you as a political consultant.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Democrat.
Speaker 2: I know that. No, I know that, but I think that you gave what would be advice. They probably won't take that advice. But obviously, when you think about Seth Moulten, who's a pretty traditional Democrat, when he made the comment about his he did not look forward to his daughters being facing competition of of males when in their teenage years in their high school sports. He was eviscerated for that. And it's almost as if they wanted to run him out of the Progressives wanted to run him out of the Democratic Party, which just is insane because he's a He's a pretty respectable, respectable guy. Joe always great Dan voice Dan.
Speaker 4: One one more thing. Yeah, the l A l A may the fire chief, not the police chief.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm sorry if I said police chief, I misspoke. Yes, Uh, she fired the fire chief. There had been rumors of them being uh, you know. The mayor is interesting. She's conducting an investigation. It sounds as if of herself why she didn't stay in Los Angeles and she decided to go off on some forearm chunket. Yeah. Yeah, I mean it's like, you don't know why. I guess she's she's blaming. She wants to find that some of her aids didn't give her adequate warning about the danger of the fires. Question, No question, But I mean it would be like if I don't know, if if you were we're putting up a window, a storm window on your house and you somehow let the hammer or the screwdriver slip and you broke the glass. And then you say, well, I want to find out who broke the glass. She was the one that screwed up, and now she's blamed. She's going to fire the fire chief. What unbelievable. It's it would almost be funny if it wasn't so funny. Hey, Joe, thanks much, appreciate it so much. We'll talk soon, Okay, Navy for me. Thanks good night. Let me go to Suzanne. Susanna next on Nights on your advice for the Democrats.
Speaker 6: Well there, I say Donald Trubb was legitimately. I take how the Democrats should try the new cause, like saving the rainfalls. I saw Elizabeth worn on television today in some barkcard beating her wrest We're gonna fight, We're gonna fight, and we're gonna kill a.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 6: It's got a little Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Warren has has very quickly. I think somehow put put herself in a in a position where she is people are starting to laugh at her. That is not a good spot for politicians.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, well she even she's in her gaged community in Cambridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think she has a gated community. But she's in a nice she's in a nice area, and I think that she has some sort of police.
Speaker 6: But her mother told her she was a Native American.
Speaker 2: Well that's what that she said. She had high cheekbones, so that was and then she was crazy enough to take a test which banded.
Speaker 6: So I was just in person for Donald Trump and shady. So I just want to.
Speaker 2: Emphasize that Elizabeth Warren was so convinced that she was actually a Native American she took a blood test, a test which proved she wasn't a Native American anyway.
Speaker 6: I read Dan on your show, you should invite her on, and then you had the show. I've been it did too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, we invited her many many times, and she doesn't do she she doesn't even do progressive radio programs in Boston. So if she's not going to do progressive radio programs in Boston, I don't think I have to have to worry about Elizabeth Warren coming on the program.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump has been erected again. These movies Fast and Well, and.
Speaker 2: Then I got to run. I was trying to have a chat with you there. Thanks very much, but we're flat out of time. Here comes the news. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Fact. We go to the calls. Let me go to California. Bob checking in from the Golden State. Hey Bob, welcome, How are you, Dan.
Speaker 7: I'm doing okay to yourself. I hope you're doing lode.
Speaker 2: I'm trying my best tonight let me tell you. So, my question is, how do the Democrats get up off the mat here and provide, you know, an alternative to to Donald Trump. I mean I think he's he's living rent free in a lot of their heads.
Speaker 7: Yes, I agree, And to me, it comes down to the Democrats. And I've been in the middle as you know for many years. The Democrats have no plan. They have no plan, they have no agenda. They're completely in free fall. The one I'd like to add this to the program. I knew a number of Democrats out here in California, A number of them, I mean like six of them are friends of mine that have said over the last few years they stopped being Democrats. They said, because the Democrats abandoned the middle class. Okay, they cut the middle class loose, they being the Democrats. They sold out to millionaire donors. Okay, we can say the Republicans and so to billionaire donors, but that's another story, you know. But yeah, you know the Democrats, right, they've sold out and they're more focused, to your point, on transgender bathrooms and DEI and all this other nonsense that has no connection to the middle class. And I believe the reason that President Trump got re elected is the fact he's saying what the Democrats used to say thirty forty years ago. Trump is saying what the middle class wants to hear, okay, saying exactly he knows how to hit their buttons. Now, I will add on this call, I think he's got about two years right to uh, to back it up with the right actions, because I believe Americans for the midterm, they will, as they always do, vote with their wallets, and if the economy holds and gets better or stays good, right, they will re elect Republicans. If the economy doesn't hold, okay, that'll be the opening for the Democrats. You know, they'll go after Trump and the Republicans. So so, in my opinion, it's all going to depend on the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always does. And of course he's he's there's there's all sorts of you know, where's inflation going to be six months from now? Right now, he could say he's still dealing with the Biden economy. But the Biden economy, as time goes on, slips away and it becomes the Trump economy, right all right.
Speaker 7: One of the things I'm sorry, good I was gonna say the thing that I'm laughing at. Schumer is on there shouting like fight, fight, fight. Let me ask you and ask the other callers. What is he proposed people should fight for? Should they fight against the efforts that Trump is making to make tax dollars more accountable and to cut down the federal government, which I think that's so overdue. Okay, all these stupid departments that have nothing to do that the federal government should even be involved in a lot of these areas like public TV, public radio, Give me a break, Okay, Like, what is Schumer saying that we should fight to continue to give money to illegals?
Speaker 2: I think what Schumer is saying is let's fight for the status quo that existed before November fifth. That's what he's talking about. Because every change that that Trump talks about, a lot of them are pretty popular. I think people do feel that the government is too bloated. We have. We talked earlier this week with economics professor Jeff Myron, he's the chair of the Undergraduate Economics Department at Harvard, and we talked about the fact that the federal the federal debt, not the deficit, the debt, how much we owe thirty six point two trillion dollars. It's a lot of money, right, well, and we have an annual GDP of about twenty eight million trillion dollars. So when you get to the point that your debt exceeds your your GDP, you're in what's known as banana republic territory.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right, that's right to me. Yes, he's the cut the government down big time, right, like we was saying. But the other thing, I think these tax breaks of the rich are ill timed. Okay, they can afford to pay the taxes, Okay, with that kind of deficit, he should not be taxes for rich people. They're no more entitled, okay to be here than any of us are. Okay.
Speaker 2: I think that the idea of sending checks back five thousand dollars checks, uh is is symbolic and unnecessary. And I'm sure there would be some people who would appreciate the five thousand dollar checks and maybe if they said, okay, look, uh, if you make less than seventy five thousand dollars, you get the five thousand dollars check. But someone who makes six figures one hundred thousand dollars more, they don't need the additional five thousand dollars, and I think that would be a mistake. I think that should be used to retire the debt, to reduce the debt. As Speaker Jackson is said today, all right, Bob, as often as really as most often, we're pretty much on the same page. Let me find some people who disagree with us. Okay, thanks, I'm going back to you. Sure good nine six one seven, two five four ten thirty one line there six one seven that just filled six one seven nine three one ten dirty coming to Larry in West Roxbury. Larry you in next on nightside.
Speaker 8: Welcome, good evening, Dan. I think that they should go at mister Trump's sweetness is a lot a lot more than they do. For example, he's a draft dodger. He's the most famous draft dodger in the country. I'm a veteran, and he decided he didn't need He's a yellow fob.
Speaker 2: So they have run that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think most people would agree with you that he had a bone spur in his heel and that kept him out of military service of any kind. No, he got an outside doctor to goat that was what that was what the outside doctor said. Larry, Okay, I'm not justifying it. I'm just saying that, uh, he's.
Speaker 8: No, there's more to it than that. You know, you don't get he got it. He gotta. He bought his way out.
Speaker 2: Ob Okay, that's that's fine. But my question is this, do you not think that that issue was raised in twenty sixteen and was raised in twenty twenty. The problem is everybody also knows that he spent some time with women other than his wife. Let's put it like that. I mean, I think a lot of that stuff is now baked in. Unfortunately. I think they got to go after one issues. That's what I think.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, you know there's the middle of class, which i'm a member of. Sure you know I'm not. I've been his range nobodys and my wife was also. We served. He elected not do head. I think they should make say are you yellow? Are you yellow? And this Keith hammering at him, he must be a yellow fob.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Larry, we'll see if that, if that rings true for some of our other callers, see if people agree with that. Appreciate your call six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Those lines are full. If you want to get through six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We will go next to Glenn Glenn in Brighton. Glenn, what did the Democrats do to get off the off the mat if you will.
Speaker 9: I've been saying this since twenty fifteen. They need to lose the Trump derangement syndrome. And that last caller, I mean, Quinton dodged the drift. I mean, you could. That's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Well. I was trying to make that point to Larry, but I don't think Larry was picking up when I was laying down here. It's been out there if it was going to be effective. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows it's an issue. I mean, it's like it's like going after Bill Clinton over Monica Lewinsky, Right, you know, the public didn't care, right.
Speaker 9: But the thing is, I mean I'm hearing I'm hearing this congresswoman from Texas, Jasmine Crockett, saying went out in the business of getting giving out money. You know about the five thousand dollars. And I agree with Mike Johnson on this. I think it's fiscally responsible. However, Jasmin Crockett wants reparations. She's stronger than I in oppressedly. So we do give out money. We put it we hes in hotels. Hello, uh's the jazz.
Speaker 2: No, we're giving out billions of dollars to people who the only way that they were able to deserve it was they came across the border illegally. And I think that caught up with the Democrats. I think that a lot of people have said, hey, what's going on? And I don't know that they can. That they can, they'd almost have to turn maybe not one hundred and eighty degrees but one hundred and seventy five degrees away from some of the constituencies.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean they beat up on poor Seth's moment because if something he said about the transgender you know.
Speaker 2: What he was, He's really talking about his daughters. I mean, in truth, I don't blame him dad, Yeah, neither do I. And Seth Moulton, by the way, is a pretty progressive Democrat.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And and he tried to uh to speak well, to speak, to speak his truth. We've heard those phrase before, You've got to speak your own truth. That was his own truth, and it wasn't respected, No, it was it was out of line.
Speaker 9: With the narrative.
Speaker 2: It's more than the narrative. It almost was a biblical teachings. It's like talking to somebody who was was a Bible thumper and try to disagree with them with their interpretation of the Bible. No matter what you say, they're going to have a response to it.
Speaker 9: And there was I think.
Speaker 2: Seth Moulton was pretty great for well, first of all, I know, I don't think he was that great. I think he spoke the way in which any dad of daughters is going to speak. No dad of daughters wants to see their daughter competing in a uh, in a lacrosse match, or in a field hockey or in volleyball with some guy who's six foot two and who says he's a he's a woman. And girls have been injured, girls have been injured in Massachusetts.
Speaker 9: Badly, especially in boxing.
Speaker 2: They said that, oh, yeah, well last the Olympian last summer. I mean, give me a break. And then you've had girls, women, high school students who have lost you know, state championships or in swim meets. I mean it's I just think the American people got fed up with it. And I don't know how they how the Democrats. The Democrats are not going to turn around and say, hey, look we were wrong on that issue.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 2: But I think I think they're a real tleny here. Now. You know, the parties in this country do tend to come back from bad electoral defeats, and this was not the worst. The Democrats come back from the fete of McGovern in seventy two, the Republicans come back from the defeat of old Water in sixty four and and from Mondale in eighty four. But it took a while. I know, it took a while.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing, and we have we have a really good uh question coming up at ten at eleven o'clock, so you get you get a full pass at.
Speaker 9: Eleven you know, Oh, thanks you. But I just want to say a thing I love about you with Sometimes you support Trumpet, sometimes you call them out. You're more objective than I am, and I mean, and then when you call when you support, when you don't call them up, someone from what Island it says you're a trump supporter over there.
Speaker 2: You can't win no, no, well true, yeah, I mean, it often depends upon your your perspective of where you're looking for looking at me from Hey Jelenna, Thank you much. We'll talk soon. Thanks much.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks, talk to you later.
Speaker 2: Uh. Two lines at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty one at six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty. Uh. What can the Democrats do to to regain their footing? Would be one way to describe it. I'm I'm trying to be sensitive here, Okay. I think they they have not been able to do anything in the last month other than they've run the same place against Donald Trump. Take them back to court. Well, I don't know that that's going to be as successful this time. I don't know that. Obviously there's a big change in our policy towards Ukraine. Is that an issue that the Democrats that are hill the Democrats want to die on? I don't know. Maybe feel free to join the conversation. Coming back right after this on night Side on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: But again, everybody, let me go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill, what are the Democrats have to do to regain their footing?
Speaker 10: Well, Dan, first, they need to get transparent. They do everything behind closed doors. Next thing, do is uh, you know, the big lie. Okay, there was so many big lies that the American public saw right in their faces, like Joe Biden's the sharpest thing going on. And then the other one was the oh it was for months months, Okay, Trump is hitler, Trump is fascist Trump's and then and then the very next day after the election, you see Trump sitting in the Oval Office shaking hands. Everybody knows that these these lies are gonna be hard, hard, hard to get over. But I do have a solution for him.
Speaker 2: Then, Okay, that's.
Speaker 10: I think dad. Have a mass uh big convention of all the all the superstars in the Democrat Party, the Elizabeth Warrens, and I can get them all together, okay, and then have a mass exorcism.
Speaker 2: Okay, a mass exorcism. That's interesting.
Speaker 10: Yeahs I beg Bill.
Speaker 2: Doct you later they were are going to go next to Eric and Attenborough. Eric, what do the Democrats have to do to get back on their feet?
Speaker 11: They had to appreciate taking my call. I'm not sure if I remember I called a few times about the Israel Palestine thing, but I will tell you, you know, the Democrats, here's the theory that I have I think they really need to whittle down as to their leadership and look at like some of the key components of what it is to be a president president, and two of them. One is commander a chief of the military, the other is veto power. So I think that there should be some sort of new speakeasy rule where it's an absolute that any future candidates the Democrats put forward both have served in the military and therefore can speak the language and have the natural earned defense of those who go through the initiation of going from civilian to military erry and to truly be commander in chief. The other having veto power that means veto power over legislation, over law. I think that having a jyris doctorate and having passed the bar should be the other mandatory thing. And you know those are two kind of things to set a trend.
Speaker 2: Well, you just nominate, You've just nominated Seth Molten.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, well, this is just a well I'm starting with the process of elimination.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I mean that's that he would fit both of those categories. He's a Democrat.
Speaker 11: I know that that sounds great to me. Like, I see, what's very important to look at like Bobby Kennedy. Is it that Kennedy is to a Democrat? Is you know, air is to breath? You know, I mean when people really need to take a close look at the Kennedy Democrat, like you know, American Kennedy democrat. I mean, he didn't go with Trump. He went with Trump because Trump, you know, it just was ready to put forward like ideas. Okay, I mean, well.
Speaker 2: He challenged Trump.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you remember, though, Eric, he challenged Trump, and then he went along with he became he partnered with Trump. Once it was a parent. He was not going to be the nomin He was not going to be able to win. His numbers started to slide a little bit. There was a period of time when he was showing like fourteen to fifteen percent, and people were saying, well, if he can double that number, but he didn't double it. He had it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And also here's here's the other aspect, you know, like one of the things that Trump said, I don't know if he signed an executive order, and then again I don't know how that. I mean, one of the very unfortunate things is how like somehow any circuit judge can come down and just strike down an executive order. I mean, that's a conversation for another day. But that that does well.
Speaker 2: But eventually those those judges rulings can be appealed, so that's you know, that's not a problem. Those those are not final rulings. Those are our initial rulings in the court sys.
Speaker 11: I want to know what you think about this film. You know how Trump talked about redesigning the Department of Education. So Democrats, I think should take pint of like a Cobra Kai spark Are twenty eighteen. If you just hear me out, like, let's take away some of the trigonometry in space Shakespeare. Let's teach these kids from from K to twelve like how to defend themselves and how to provide first aid for their comrades, for like their classmates.
Speaker 2: Okay, all of that is interesting, but I've got new other calls, Eric, who I wanted.
Speaker 11: It's just a radical, wholesome viewpoint.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got Eric with you, and I have done four minutes. These two guys are going to get a minute or less than a minute eight So I'm gonna let you run for now. Thank you much. Next up, Bob and Rhode Island, Bob igat you and I got Bernie in New Hampshire go ahead, byb.
Speaker 6: Okay, Dan, Yeah, I'm right on the n Did you hear what Trump said to the governor of.
Speaker 4: Maine today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's yeah, see you talk right.
Speaker 11: What do you.
Speaker 6: Think of that?
Speaker 9: I think Trump?
Speaker 2: I think that he's been trude enough. He's he's more than willing to go into court against anyone.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, well he's gonna lose too.
Speaker 2: Okay, So well that's great. So what should the Democrats do? Okay, Bob, so you're with Larry? Okay, I'm with you on that. You think that you think that you and Larry should go around to call him a yellow belly s ob Okay, keep keep working on that one, thanks, Bob. Let me go to Bernie in New Hampshire. Bernie, you get to find a word here, Bernie, go right ahead. What should the Democrats do?
Speaker 12: How you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: The that been better? Because that moly kidding god?
Speaker 11: No, no.
Speaker 12: I was raised a Democrat in Massachusetts. My you know, my parents were Kennedy Democrats, and they had a purpose then, and they seem to have lost their way. I don't know if there is any hope for the Democratic Party and because especially you are a team setting them in Massachusetts. Elizabeth, when she's wrong, she just stots. Yelling like that doesn't make you when you get louder, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make your with you on that. All right? Hey, Brodie, hate to do this. I should have saved YouTube. Bell. Have a great weekend. Talk to you soon. All right, go take a break. We came back. Here's the question real quickly, and Rob, I've stumped Rob on this. Who if you could pick one person in the world today to have a two hour dinner with, have a drink, have dinner conversation, one on one, has to be someone alive. I don't want anybody telling me Jesus, are Able Lincoln or George Washington? Who would you like to meet and spend two hours at dinner across the table from That's my question. Light the lines up. We'll be back after the eleven o'clock news.