Speaker 1: Y'all ript.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: You need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running, just as as as the cam shooter's gonna help come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three old three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 4: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: What's happening in your life? How can we help you? Solve problems? Answer questions, take compleats, make your life a little easier. That's what we want to do here on the Troubleshooter Show. Hey is Major Mark Mouth Major?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Hey, brother Mark? Okay, everything's cool. Just wanted to check in, make sure you're there. I'll pull up your picture here in a minute and see what you're doing. Oh, you got the studio cam up? I can see ugly over there. Okay, so uh sorry, Bo, you got it a little skewed away from Doc. But I imagine that was on purpose, But yes it was. I might be able to I might be I might be.
Speaker 4: Able to move that.
Speaker 3: I why don't you move it over to the Kelly so you can get less of nothing behind Bo and a little of Doc's profile. So the women know where to tune in for him, and uh, just to.
Speaker 4: Rotate that over.
Speaker 3: It would be good if you could pan it, I would say, standing behind it, pan to the left anyway, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 4: I'll bring them up in a minute.
Speaker 3: And we are here as we are every day, solving problems. Now, I'm going to tell you, as with everything in life, my god, I've said it before, everything in life has become political these fires. It's oh god, I feel so sorry for people. I really, oh man, I can't imagine the pain and misery people.
Speaker 4: Are going through right now?
Speaker 3: Does it belong in the political realm? Were their mistakes?
Speaker 5: Made?
Speaker 4: A ton of them?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 3: How about that? Mark?
Speaker 4: A ton of mistakes were made.
Speaker 7: How do you work on the same reservoir forever and it's empty? How do you cut the fire budget by seventeen point five million in California?
Speaker 4: In California? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty bad. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Anyway, here we folks.
Speaker 8: What Russ put on?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry? Uh? What was on the radio? Uh?
Speaker 9: Ross?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 10: Ryan?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: That SoundBite that Ryan played on Friday about the fire chief saying, wouldn't you want somebody that looks like you to come in and rescue you in a fire rather than somebody who can actually lift and carry you. That was just unbelievable to me.
Speaker 3: To me, I know that was so I don't even understand what what the fire chief was getting at you.
Speaker 8: I mean, well, then if somebody comes into your house, you'll more likely to go with them if they look like you, which is an absolutely absurd statement.
Speaker 3: You know what, I will go with anyone who wants to save me for anything, and that goes for first aid, first responding surgeons, doctors, nurses, mechanics.
Speaker 4: What do you know?
Speaker 3: Why let me ask this, and seriously please call with consumer problems, questions and complaints. I swear to God though this has become a ubiquitous part of our life, so we have to discuss it. You know, I don't have an agenda here, but here's what I want to know. Why is it, And let's just face it, it is the liberal agenda. Why do they highlight differences to begin with? They're the ones that are making divisions among us. It's not a fireman, it's a black fireman or hispanic fireman, or a white fireman, or a white police officer at black police I mean, why can't we just have fire firefighters and police officers and people who love people.
Speaker 4: And they come in all shapes and sizes. Why is it?
Speaker 3: Why is it that liberals have to highlight the differences among us? Are they afraid that if we don't do that, they won't have a power base anymore? By tapping into that envy and that feeling of being left out?
Speaker 4: What is it now?
Speaker 3: Now you might say, well, yes, you're tom for a white guy. You can sit there and say that all you want. You haven't had to live through this. Well, I am sure there were challenges and there still are for people, because there are some people who are stupid. But for the most part, why do we still keep highlighting differences?
Speaker 4: Differences and we're being preached to? Another thing?
Speaker 3: I would like to one time, I don't know if I tuned into this open camera kind of like a C span in the Oval Office. I didn't even know they had it, but it was. It seemed pretty candid, and it was President Biden being updated on the fire, and the mayor of Los Angeles was on the phone along with I believe the governor, and they were totally getting away from the fire aspect. Of the fire and the water aspect and the response aspect, and they kept saying, this is what a climate emergency looks like. It's all climate change. A climate emergency. It's not a fire. When we have freezes, it's not a freeze. When we have warm spells, it's not a warm spell. When we have blizzards, it's not a blizzard. When we have floods or fires or anything, They're all climate emergencies. Not even climate instances or events or climate catastrophes, but climate emergencies brought in by man. How arrogant are we to believe that we can change nature? I mean, look, I don't think we should destroy earth, and we should do everything we can to cherish it and to be good stewards. But everything in the world, everything has turned political. Everything. When we had the pandemic, it was political. The forest fires are political. Climate is political. If we are undergoing climate change, is it our doing? Can we change it? Can we really change it? When one volcanic corruption can undo everything we have ever done since one hundred years, for one hundred years, what can we do? I'm not making fun of people, I'm truly asking questions. I'm so tired of people being angry at each other and not truly being able to just answer questions and discuss things. And you know, look how many billions of people are on Earth right now. And I know we like talking about car cow farts and cow verps, but people fart and burp too. I mean, ultimately, I think the environmental message from wackos are do away with life on Earth and the Earth will be fine. There won't be any life, but the Earth will be fine. Truly, if you harnessed every single emission that was ever put out since the dawn of the industrial Age, every single one of them, it doesn't amount to what you think it does. I want you to just do that on your own. I'm not going to bore you with volumetrics. Volumetrics, well, it sure doesn't.
Speaker 7: It sure doesn't equal a bit volcano, or it doesn't equal an asteroid hitting the planet like it did millions of years ago.
Speaker 3: Now, by the way, when Doc was talking on his mic, he sounded normal. But I don't know what's going on at the studio with your mic, Mark, but a sound of it a little processed, and again.
Speaker 4: Doc sounded fine. Bo say hello to me.
Speaker 11: Hello, Tom, and the listeners out there today have a good Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, I hear big time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm not sure what's going on because I don't I don't have one here. But anyway, your mic seemed to be the one that was doing it, but who knows? Uh three oh three, I'm getting really solid good readings here three O three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five. Do we have John Fuller on board today?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 4: I know he's not in the studio. Is how he wasn't feeling good?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we won't have John our person injury attorney. Let's uh take a quick break, and really, what I'd like to do is focus on problems, questions and complaints, especially starting out the year and doing it the right way, and what we should do and what we shouldn't do to make our lives just a little easier. I mean, really, there's so much we can do in this coming year. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net the absolute best water systems at the lowest prices, and man, the offers this year are just incredible. He didn't extend the year end. But what he did was something almost as good. He has a whole house system for softening and conditioning with drinking water and everything. Just man, it's around three grand, a little over three grand. Just trust me when I.
Speaker 4: Tell you this.
Speaker 3: Paul will do the best to get you the best system at the lowest prices ever. And that's waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five, five five four. Let me get this special real quick here twenty four ninety five a whole house smart computer water system thirty six ninety five for a whole house with forever chemical protection. Plus you can get a reverse osmosis drinking water system. They're unbelievable prices three oh three eight sixty two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I want to talk to Deputy D with me here about an issue going on. So I'm going to go and deputy out and then to use your camera as well. So go, what is the case, what does it have to do with You may recall that, hold on, let me get your mic and go ahead.
Speaker 2: You may recall that a few weeks ago, just before a Christmas break, a lady called named Khalia called this about a flooded condo that's kind of over in near Ilift. And uh, it's it's over there near Ilift.
Speaker 3: How did it flood?
Speaker 2: Well, so about two and a half years ago, after a period of very having august rain, her condo flooded. Yeah, presumably from from a faulty roof.
Speaker 4: And well, I'm looking up the case. What was her name?
Speaker 3: Khalia?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Ah l e a okay, Khalia, Yeah, and I can get you the it's okay, yeah, Khalia. So anyway, so her insurance, so she made an insurance claim. Her insurance company came in and they had a company tear out the entire interior of the unit. You may recall I went there that Friday. That was the case that I went on a little field trip. I wasn't prepared to see the disaster that unfolded before my eyes.
Speaker 3: I walked into this condo.
Speaker 2: It's literally a concrete box, concrete floors, walls and ceiling.
Speaker 3: And studs where walls used to be.
Speaker 2: And they did that to get the place dried out and get it ready to be rebuilt. However, it's still wet. There's still water coming in two and a.
Speaker 3: Half, so her insurance can't finish the inside. That's right.
Speaker 2: And there were four leak detectors on site. There were representatives from the HOA, and there was some guy from an insurance company when we were there, and two leak detectors which she had hired herself identified poles in the roof. She lives on the ground floor, or used to live on the ground floor of a two story condo they lived now by the way. Well, that's another part of the problem. The insurance company paid for her to rent an apartment for two years, but a few months ago that benefit ran out, so now she's paying for an apartment on her own, she's paying a mortgage payment, she's paying the HIA dues, and all of her other living expenses. And there are holes. The two leak detectors that she hired found holes in the roof. One of them a couple of weeks ago, went up there with a hose, turned on the hose and then observed water coming down her walls.
Speaker 3: In her unit.
Speaker 2: The position of the two leak detectors that the association hired, and the position of the association is the roof isn't leaking.
Speaker 3: We don't know where the water is coming from. Well, but is there a problem?
Speaker 2: Well, I agree, it's their problem, but that doesn't mean that they did anything about it. And so far it appears that they have taken absolutely no steps to actually fix the problem now because they disclaim any responsibility for it.
Speaker 3: Position is absurd, which is their position is, yeah, it's leaking, but we don't know where. In the meantime.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, they haven't even made an attempt to inspect the unit above her, the only unit above her, which, by the way, according to Kohala, is also experiencing ongoing flooding to this day, to the extent that the resident of that unit had to buy a dehumidifier and dump it out every once in a while because that unit is constantly wet.
Speaker 3: So when when did this call coman? So this came in?
Speaker 2: I want to say it was the week before we took our Christmas break, so that would be yeah, and was on the shown yet, yeah, it was you and I here she called.
Speaker 3: You couldn't believe what she had to say. I'm trying to find the damn call. I can't find it, but so I can. Well, where does it stand right now? Well, here's where it stands. She is out of money.
Speaker 2: She has broke the HOA won't fix so far, it hasn't fixed or taken any steps or even indicated they're.
Speaker 3: Going to fix the leak.
Speaker 2: They are now sending her delinquency notices because.
Speaker 4: I have a Kalia right here. Yeah, December sixteenth, that's it.
Speaker 2: So now she's broke the association of sending her delinquency notices because she's just making way too many monthly payments.
Speaker 3: So they acknowledge it problem, but they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Well, they acknowledge that there's water in there, but they deny responsibility. Okay, then so what do we do? I mean, this is a dreadful position to be in. She's without a home, she's broke, she's without my she's working three jobs in an attempt to make all these things.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I may want to call Brad, but is this truly a real estate issue?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brad O'Brien, should we call him?
Speaker 2: It's well, I think there are two reasons that's a real estate problem. One is what can we what can she do to make the association plug the leak?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The other question I have is I've never heard of this, but after all these years, is there a way to make the insurance company just declare the unit of total loss pair whatever the fair market value.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get two people on for this. Kachina, if you're listening, and Mark, you can make sure she doesn't have the mimosas in hand.
Speaker 4: Soon you're there. I'm already on my floor. It's all good. Okay.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get Matt On from Paragon Services, Matt Stanford, and then I would like to get Brad O'Brien. Ok Let's just see what they have to say, But the leak detectors that were there, what did they say?
Speaker 2: Well, the two detectors that are working for the HOA and for their insurance company claim the roof isn't leaking. However, the two detectives that she hired not only took pictures of holes. It's a flat roof with a membrane on it. They not only have photos of the holes in the bad brain. One of them told me in person that the roof is a mess. And furthermore, one of them went up there about a week and a half ago, took the hose with him and caused the leak in her unit just by turning the hose on on the roof.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous, ridiculous. Now I am. I am so.
Speaker 3: Put off by people who are shirking responsibility for people's That's the thing a lot of these have in common. You know, sometimes we have consumers that are off base, but now we have consumers done nothing wrong. The least leak detector says there's a leak. Okay, now stop the leak. Did the hui actually say to you there's nothing we can do.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't talk to me, but they talked to her and not only will they not release to her the reports from their leak detectors, they claim in their conversations with her, Hey, our detector said, the roof is fine, that's not leaking.
Speaker 3: Don't know where the water is coming from.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 3: Well so we're so it's at a standstill.
Speaker 2: But it's like everybody is waiting her out, like she just doesn't have the resources left to fight them anymore. She doesn't know where to turn. She doesn't know what the next.
Speaker 4: What's the name of this place?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know. I mean, it's somewhere in my notes. But well let's find out. I can I can find out.
Speaker 11: I have a question, Hi, Hi Dimitri, Hey, can this lady just pay one of our roofers on the referral list to just plug up there.
Speaker 4: The roof front.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's not come maybe it's not coming from a roof. Well, it's coming from the roof.
Speaker 2: According to her leak detector, he went up there a few days ago with a hose turned on. The hose, went down to her unit and saw water coming down the walls, but their lead detector said they won't let him see it. Their league, the HLA's league detector wouldn't take a hose up there. He just went up on the roof, looked at it and said, oh no, the roof is fine.
Speaker 3: There are no leaks on the roof.
Speaker 8: Are there leaks going on another condo units?
Speaker 2: But there's only one condo unit above her. It's a two story building. The condo above her is also constantly getting flooded. It's wet, it's and by the way, Tom, it's it's even worse now than it was back then because when I walked into the unit a few weeks ago, the stench of mold and mildew was overpowering. It was like a five hundred year old crypt in there. We had a we walked out. The walls have mold, the studs have mold, the ceiling has mold. And the insurance company also denied her recent claim for mold mitigation.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, we got to talk to Brad and we got to talk to Matt. That's all there is to it. We have to take this quick break three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, K and H hump solutions for your siding, windows, doors, and more. K and H has what you're looking for the new oupin wind made right here in Colorado for Colorado with the ultimate thermal energy.
Speaker 4: They're great people.
Speaker 3: All of their products will help you, whether it's for energy efficiency or for beauty or both. Of course, that's kh Home Solutions, one of the oldest home improvement companies in Colorado three oh three four two one seventy one hundred go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage. Honestly, this is the best time to call right now three oh three Martino, and I say this all the time.
Speaker 4: Listen to me. That number works on and off the air.
Speaker 7: You can call us any time, leave a message if we don't answer, and one of us is going to reach back out to see if we can help you.
Speaker 4: Three zero three seven one three.
Speaker 7: Eight two five five now help help at troubleshooter dot com also works all the time. Let's get these phone lines filled. Three oh three seven to one three A two five five. Hey, I'm sorry, Dmitri. Why is Brad O'Brien on? What were you going to ask him about this condo? And then looks like BRANDI promise, ILL come to you, Tony Hank tight two lines open, three oh three Martino.
Speaker 4: But what was that about, Dmitri?
Speaker 2: Well Mark, it's a desperate situation that this lady named Kalia found.
Speaker 4: Herself a situation.
Speaker 7: What exactly were we going to ask Brad O'Brien and I brought him up by the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, go, okay. I have two I have two questions for him. One is how does she go about forcing the association to actually fix the roof and stop the leak so that her insurance company can rebuild her condo she can move back. Second question, The second question I have is whether it's even possible to make the insurance company in this case as Farmers just declared the unit of total loss and pay her out the fair market value of it two and a half years ago, so she can go along with her life.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think it works that way, because the condo itself, I mean, the only thing that they Brad O'Brien in general, the only thing she's going to ensure is the dry wall in.
Speaker 4: Is that correct? In most cases?
Speaker 7: So if you talk about a total loss on a condo, I mean the total loss wouldn't actually be the unit itself, it would just be the contents, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Normally the HI declaration says where the point of demarcation in the wall is that the unit owner is responsible for. Yeah, in the outward part that the HO is responsible for, but typically it's the dry wall in is the is the honor responsibility.
Speaker 4: And then more important in here.
Speaker 7: So Dimitri, I don't see that happening because there's yeah, there's no coveragechair, But the other part, how.
Speaker 2: Do you there's no there's no way to declu Yeah, there's no way to declare it the total loss.
Speaker 3: Is that right, Brian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole building would have to be a total loss, not a car that.
Speaker 3: Can get totaled. This is this is real estate, okay, And with that answers that question.
Speaker 12: Yeah, a condy minium is a defined space in the air, and unless the whole entire building goes away sometimes it does, like it burns down, that space can be perpetually renewed and replace through replacement and repairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's just that's just how it works.
Speaker 7: But more importantly, Brad, let's say the h O Way is supposed to take care of the roof and the HO Way is not. And the reason we know that is when it rains, water gets into a unit. Now I'm stretching this out a little bit to get to the point. So, how do you force somebody that's supposed to take care of someone?
Speaker 4: What kind of legal action?
Speaker 7: What would she have to do to force them to fix the problem that apparently they're responsible for that's doing damage to her.
Speaker 12: Well, the workforced me pretty much means you have to go to court and get an order to compel Bitua to do their job, or alternatively, can go to court and get trying to get an award of damages for the property damages so that this home owner can get the work done.
Speaker 5: Through his own contractor.
Speaker 4: But Dimitri, it is literally still leaking, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the leak detectors put a hose on that roof about a week and a half ago, and there was water coming down this lady's walls.
Speaker 7: So she's to the point where she probably has to hire an attorney. Does she have any money? I know nothing about this.
Speaker 2: No, man, she's broke. She's working three jobs. She's making HOA payments, mortgage payments, and her expensive rent payments on a place where she's had to live for the past two and a half years.
Speaker 7: Now, wait a minute, what do you mean rent payments? Does she rent or does she own?
Speaker 2: No, she owns this condo, but it's unlivable, so she had to move into an offside apartment and her insurance company tore out the entire condo. It's literally just they tore out the entire interior. All that's left is concrete walls, concrete ceiling, and concrete floor.
Speaker 3: She got studs where the walls used to be.
Speaker 7: She's got to get someone over there. Well, she has no money at this point. With no money, I'm not even sure what you do. I mean, you're not gonna have a contractor, go rebuild it for free. You're not going to have an attorney, so up and do hundreds of hours.
Speaker 3: Ye Mark.
Speaker 2: Her insurance company stands ready to ready to rebuild the unit. Okay, good, so that we will get rebuilt. But there's no sense in doing that.
Speaker 3: Because the.
Speaker 4: Aren't they paying her rent right now? Wasn't that part of her?
Speaker 2: Governer paid her rent for two They paid her they paid her rent for two years, and she exhausted that alternative housing benefit.
Speaker 4: And why Tom Trie, why is it taking two years?
Speaker 2: Because the association refuses to acknowledge that the roof is leaking and water is infiltrating her unit.
Speaker 4: Wow, I ASSOCIATIONE what can she do?
Speaker 12: She's ideally you try to stay out of court, work this out amicably, you know.
Speaker 4: And well it's been two years Brad.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well, as she retained her un inspector to have some expert on her side.
Speaker 3: Who can yes, she had two yes.
Speaker 2: When I was when I visited this this condo about a month ago, she had two of her own league detectors on site along with the two detectors that were hired by the h OOA and their insurance company. So she does have experts along with corroborating exhibits.
Speaker 3: She's like photographs, her.
Speaker 4: Experts took the holes in the roof.
Speaker 7: Dmitri if everything is his, You're being told by her she's got to hire an attorney. I don't know what else to tell her. I mean, she's got to hire an attorney to four's the hoa or to force the management whomever to get it done.
Speaker 2: She stands ready to do that, and she stands ready to pay the attorney bills. She knows that's what it's going to take. So Brad, is it okay for me to refer her to you to hire you for a consultation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then Brad caneps Bred and then the abreast of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd love to know how this one goes.
Speaker 2: And Brad and in the meantime, Tom also suggested that we ask Matt from Paragon Services, the public adjustering company, to go out there and take a look at this unit. In part, it's because Khali Kalia's unit is now covered with mold, right because it's been cold and wet there for the past two and a half years, and her insurance company denied the mold claim. Yeah, probably, I think that's probably going to be part of your conversation or Matt's report. Well, probably part of the conversation you're gonna have with this lady.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't know if they would ever pay for that, though, Dimitri, because all that happened after the fact, right after the initial claim. Well, I mean, the insurance company is not gonna it's been two years, no matter how we look at it, it's been two years.
Speaker 4: She should have.
Speaker 7: Hired an attorney, you know, a year and a half ago, for that sake. I don't think it's the insurance company's issue at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, even if that's correct, which I think you are correct, where do we go now?
Speaker 7: You know, we need to get this thing right out. Got a higher plug. She's got to call Brad. That's gonna be the first thing. Give her Brad's number. Seven year zero three seven zero seven three eight eight. I really got to take this break, guys, everybody holds tight. We got two lines open three oh three, Martino, Tony and Brenda. I promise I'm coming to you right after this.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven five one line open.
Speaker 7: You've been ripped off for taking advantage of Honest to God, we want to hear from you. Hey, Brenda, I don't know where this came up. You got to comment on para why?
Speaker 9: Uh No, I need a question on a pair of refund sure.
Speaker 10: I need to see if you have any contexts within that organization. My son in law lost his pair of job in October and applied for a pair of refund with a direct deposit and they told him six to eight weeks. It's been twelve weeks now when he calls back, they say they gave it to the wrong person and they're having to investigate and it's still processing. But he's a single income family of three and honestly they've been in and out of eviction for three months while he's been trying to find a Joh, my god, really help him if he could get it refunded and we eat. All they keep telling him is that it's processing.
Speaker 4: That that's insane.
Speaker 7: Hey, Deputy Bow, you mind making a call over to paira do a little research.
Speaker 4: Figure it out now.
Speaker 7: Is there like a caseworker or somebody that they've been dealing with directly, some kind of phone number in a name that you guys already have or nothing.
Speaker 10: Yes, there probably is. It's for my son in law. I can give you his name and numbers.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 7: I'm going to have Bow reach information. I'm going to have Bo reached directly out there. I do want to say something. I mean, if there he's going to take the lump some.
Speaker 10: Huh, yes, because.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty big tax event.
Speaker 10: Well, and he hasn't had a job for four months and they're getting eviction notices every month.
Speaker 9: Oh my god to pay their mortgage.
Speaker 8: It's just one of the Is he collecting unemployment?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 10: Not yet, because you have to submit eighteen months of pastus and he doesn't have it. Eighteen months and they said, well, he could submit it, but they will probably reject it. So he hasn't submitted unemployment and I told him today to submit that with maybe W two's maybe they would accept those instead of pay stub. So you know he's looking into that. But you know, this parent thing would be a big thing if he could get the money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's one of the worst things he can do, but I get it. If you got to have it, I mean, better be out on the streets and pay or not pay taxes.
Speaker 8: Has he been employed for more than eighteen months?
Speaker 10: He has, but with different companies.
Speaker 9: This one he was with Pair was for like a ten month per Okay.
Speaker 7: I've never had anybody call in doc or Brenda that said they had to have eighteen months. Generally, when you're paying into unemployment, they know you've been paying into it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand that part at all, honestly, Brenda.
Speaker 10: Well I don't either.
Speaker 4: But are you sure he's worked eighteen months?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was with Southwest prior to changing to this.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And they're not going to be paid under the table, so yeah, yeah, there should be no reason we've got someoney over who's hey, Kelly.
Speaker 4: Who is it Phil? What's his last name? Over at unemployment spector or something?
Speaker 8: No sheep shirt to Phil something.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he's the boss man. There's no higher than him. Let's do this, Brenda.
Speaker 7: You need to give Bo the information on him or his phone number whatever. Bo you're gonna call up over there. Let's get all the relevant information and we'll send it off to Phil for the unemployment part. Then on the other side, you're gonna be looking into the para and why this guy can't get his money if they accidentally send it to the wrong person.
Speaker 4: This guy shouldn't be dealing with that. Who cares.
Speaker 10: They've been investigating that for four weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's insane. This guy needs the money. They don't want to be out on the street. It's just crazy. Hold on, Brendan, we're gonna help with this. Three zero three seven one three A two five five. We're gonna have two open lines in a second. Hey, Tony, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Subject I've never heard on your show is recirculating pumps in the house.
Speaker 13: Yay or nay?
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean by that? For what?
Speaker 14: It's something I just learned about. It's a pump that recirculates the hot water in the house. So you're all your faucets have instant hot water.
Speaker 7: Well, why would you do that compared to almost an instant hot water that's you know, right under the sink at that particular point of use place. Why would you do this massive system that's running to wear every bathtub, every shower, every bathroom sink. I mean does it run everywhere?
Speaker 14: Yes, And it's what a plumber recommends.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 4: Let's do this.
Speaker 7: I want to learn more about this. This is an interesting topic. Let's get Bob Logan on or one of his plumbers or someone from fix It Kelly.
Speaker 4: Let me put you on hold. Man. This is a great question. I have questions. How much do they cost?
Speaker 7: Why wouldn't you just do like an electric one point of use at the ones you want instant hot water, maybe the kitchen sink, in the shower, but every single every single tap in the house.
Speaker 4: I want to learn more about this.
Speaker 7: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five, We're gonna have one line open. Hey, by the way, Tim, I'm gonna come to you about this car accident. We can get an attorney on. We could do all different kinds of things. But we're coming right up on the break. I do want to talk about uh, just real quick because I'm killing a minute here. But these fires men are devastating. You know, I've seen people online actually go oh they deserve it and stuff. No one deserves to lose everything. I don't care if you're a Hollywood star or if you know that house that got burned down was passed down to you from your great grandparents down. It is the most horrible thing I think I've ever seen. It is the most devastating photos you could ever imagine.
Speaker 8: Works. Then celebrities, most are working sticks folks.
Speaker 7: We're gonna have two lines open coming back from the break. We want to hear from you. Three oh three Martino Help, troubleshooter dot com, Everybody old.
Speaker 3: Day, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Rift New need.
Speaker 3: Advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter is gonna help come Man.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Oh, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What is happening? Folks? We are here to solve problems, answer question taking place, make your life a little easier. And we are so happy that you're joining us, whether it be on k h O W k RDO radio elsewhere iHeartRadio app around the country. And of course YouTube morons. That is a badge of honor to be a YouTube moron. And believe me to be a moron anyway. That doesn't mean stupid, Nope, it means never mind. Wow, all right, come anyway, Mark said, Mark put up a questionnaire here. And if you have bad service, should you put up a bad review? Sure you should, just like you should put up a good review. I think that both are important. I don't you know, I don't come down on people with a lot of anger and hostility reviews. But I tell the truth, and I think it's really important to do that to really have an honest assessment of the services. It really tells people a lot of stuff. One thing I can't stomach and I don't know what we can do about it. I can't stomach fake reviews. I mean it makes me sick. Let's go to the you can generally tell them.
Speaker 7: The worst is I think Amazon for fake reviews, although I think they've gotten better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk to Tony about this recirculation pump.
Speaker 4: Mark, is that's something you took when.
Speaker 3: I test that.
Speaker 7: Basically, he wants to know there's a plumber either trying to sell them one or something. He wants more information on a recirculation pump that does this.
Speaker 4: I get very common.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, he's saying it would be instant hot water basically at any any tap in the house. I find that incredible. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, they're absolutely. What they do is they just recirculate the top part of the tank and back, and then the top part and back, and you know, it costs a little more, but not that much more. Just letting it sit.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't get it.
Speaker 7: How are you running to my water heater sits in my basement and the furthest sink away would be the upstairs bathroom. That water lines long asral. How does it keep hot water going to there along with every other sink in my house at the same time? Is it a big round coase?
Speaker 4: What it does?
Speaker 3: Yes, they put they put a research valve in and it goes out and comes back. It's it's very simple, and it's a series usually, but if they go to each one, then they just put one in each.
Speaker 4: They've just put a loop for each bathroom.
Speaker 7: So I guess, how do you give that loop to my upstairs bathroom through three different floors.
Speaker 4: Isn't that so costly? It would be no.
Speaker 3: No, you know Mark, You don't run, You use the existing water line and then it returns to the cold water side. So what it does is it simply instead of waiting for you to turn on the hot water, then hot water starts running and some people have to wait two or three minutes for hot water. The reasoning is you actually use more water that way than if you just have it right there turn it on. It's there. Then you turn it off when you don't need it. So what happens is, if you can picture this, you turn on the water, the hot water is circulating it go now when you're not using it, the hot water is being pumped up through that to the back bedroom. Because let's just say you do it on that one bedroom. It goes through that line to the bedroom.
Speaker 4: They don't run a new line.
Speaker 3: They just turn on and what they do is go to that bedroom. They go to that sink, and they put a tee fitting across to the cold water and it allows hot water to be pumped through and in a one way valve into the cold water line and back to the system.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's uh, yeah, it's still I'd loved it.
Speaker 3: A week and they only do and they only do enough volume to keep it ready.
Speaker 4: You would just think, not.
Speaker 7: Like, you know, five bathrooms. You're you're talking two sinks, you're talking a shower, a bathtub, you're talking everything in your kitchen. It just seems like I guess you're.
Speaker 3: Having now you would now, let me explain, let me explain the best part. If you do it on your main master bedroom and let's say the kids aren't home in the back bedrooms, but they're coming home for the weekend. You can turn those on and off for those remote rooms when you're going to have guests. It doesn't have to be on the whole time, so you use it, but for long periods of time you turn it off. That doesn't mean you don't have hot water. Of course you do. So if you turned it off and you suddenly are back there cleaning something, well, oh crap, I got to wait for two minutes. But it's still not You don't have to keep it on all the time. So you really do have control over it.
Speaker 4: So Bob low, you can line. I got Bob up.
Speaker 7: So if I wanted to add it to everything in the house, just give me some form of a ballpark.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, remember you're not laying new pipe. You're putting in cross pipes and pumps, And Bob, was I was I telling you? That was I telling the truth about you. You don't have to keep the circ on in a back bedroom if it's not being used for a few months.
Speaker 15: Now you're You're exactly right. And circulating pumps can be installed at different locations. You can actually install it at the at the water heater and have it circulated through the house, or you could have it at a specific.
Speaker 4: Faucet under each sink.
Speaker 15: Right say, like like you said, your master bedroom, maybe your kitchen. You might just want him there then that's fine. Or you can have a whole home system where circulates throughout the home and so it's you know, you're going to save a little bit maybe on because you're not you're not wasting a lot of water waiting for a heat up. But then you got the additional cost of the circulating pump. So they kind of offer set you know. Sometimes you will will say you can actually save money with them. I'm not sure that's the case, but I think they're They're a great product. I have them in my home and they work fantastic.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tony, you got it.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to take a guess. I'm going to take a guess. If you had to put one on for a master bedroom with a pump and the labor, I can't imagine it being less than twenty five. But that's my gut, Bob. I don't know. There's nothing wrong with being transparent about pricing, because you know people are going to pay what they're gonna pay.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean that's that's probably pretty accurate, Tom. I you know, I just I don't get in fold on that side of the business anymore, and so I can't.
Speaker 3: No, I understand it.
Speaker 7: But that would be just one, right Tom, I mean that wouldn't be an entire house.
Speaker 16: Then no.
Speaker 3: But the more you do their scale, their scale, because they're there already.
Speaker 4: And you know the pumps sound Yeah, you got any questions? He's the guy they called with the question, Hey, Bob.
Speaker 17: Yeah, my only question is.
Speaker 14: How do I know if I can get away with just one for the whole house?
Speaker 4: Well, well, it's how many bathrooms do you have?
Speaker 16: Just two?
Speaker 3: Okay? And how far away is the furthest.
Speaker 14: From the water heater in line length, probably.
Speaker 3: Thirty or forty feet, And then how far is the closest one.
Speaker 17: Fifteen feet okay, on the closest.
Speaker 3: Bathroom on the close What about the kitchen? Do you mean the kitchen and one bedroom or are you talking about the kitchen and two bedrooms?
Speaker 14: Kitchen and two bathrooms?
Speaker 3: When you say two, When you say two bathrooms, you're not counting the kitchen, right, No, How long does it take you to get hot water at the kitchen?
Speaker 14: A solid minute?
Speaker 3: How long does it take you to get at the first bedroom about by ten seconds, okay, and then the second bedroom two minutes okay. So I would do one for the kitchen, and I would do one for the remote bath bedroom. You don't need for the other one, so I would do two.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be a hot?
Speaker 3: Can you do?
Speaker 4: Just to do those insta hats like in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Well for the kitchen or it depends, Bob logan. Insta hats for the kitchen. Insta hats are good for tea and for small amounts of water. But if you want to fill up the basin for a bucket or you want to fill up the basin for washing dishes, no, it's not good. Insta hot is not made for that, Bob, Are you right?
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Like like you said, insta hats are kind of made for tea, coffee.
Speaker 4: Things like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: But from my understanding, you got a plumber at your house or someone who went to your house, I would rely on the expert. If you've got a handymanage your house, I wouldn't take them at his work. Some are great, some aren't. But if you have an expert plumber a licensed technician. Anything you need one, then one almost If he says you need four, then you need yeah, I would truck.
Speaker 4: But you can answer your own question too.
Speaker 3: If you're getting look, if you get hot water thirty seconds or sooner, I wouldn't mess with it. But that's up to you, man, that's really up to you. And like Bob said, they're not going to oversell you. They're going to tell you need one, you need one or two or three. You know. Sometimes sometimes you can actually have one pump and then go to each bathroom and activate each bathroom as needed. So if there's a remote bathroom not being used regularly, you can keep that off so it won't loop, and then you can only you only have to use it for the ones you want. There are so many options that a great plumbing contractor can show you, so good luck to you, Tony. By the way, plumb Line Services one of our great partners over the years. Three oh three, five, eight, six, ten, eighty six Plumline Services dot com. Let's talk. David has a comment? Go ahead, David, what's your comment? David did David?
Speaker 18: You're up?
Speaker 4: Bro? He must have driven Yeah, there he is.
Speaker 3: What's up? Yes, sir, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Well I had one of those systems in Washington, and I had a whole house one and the pump was you know, at the hot water tank, and it just had one line that went to eat sink and then yeah, back to the hot water tank.
Speaker 4: And good.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 19: We moved to Colorado and there's a manifold system and you know, the sink in the massive bathroom. My wife would get hers hot. I go, okay, mine, you know, I had to wait another minute for mine to get hot because one key, right, And so I'm actually, in fact, in the next month or two, going to cut holes in the ceiling in my basement and put a recirculating line in that goes to each hot water get rid of the mountain.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do that. You don't have to do that. Well, you don't have to cut any of.
Speaker 19: What you're talking about, Well, the beyond demand, you don't. That's the one that you put one in each.
Speaker 14: Pump or at each you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't. Okay, thinks to go David, even for water here. You don't have to do what you're doing. Why don't you consult some experts and see and then do what's best for you.
Speaker 4: But you do not have to run lines.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Well, and the other the one thing is is I tried to get the code looked at in El Paso County to say, you know, they're they're worried about hot water. I mean they're worried about lack of water. And everybody's letting their sphinks warm up minute or two or however long it takes, and that water is just going right down the drain.
Speaker 4: And that's right. You had it with and with the circular new builds.
Speaker 3: That's right. You're right. It would save water. It would save water. And by the way, just just so I'm telling people, and thank you David for calling. Appreciate it. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three two fivey five. You do not need to run a line anywhere at any time. With today's technology, you do not have to do that. There are cross valves you can do that will keep your water circulating, I promise you. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. We have more coming up. Tim's got a question on a car accident. Matt has a question on a new sale. We also have that looming problem that Deputy d's working on that. We'd like to talk to Matt Stanford at Paragon Services Public Adjusters, and possibly Brad O'Brien for the real estate issue on it all Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Tim's got a question about a car accident.
Speaker 4: Tim, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, and people you can always call three oh three Martino three oh three sixty seven eighty four sixty six. We monitor that line twenty four to seven. Go ahead, Tim, Tim, Yes, sir, you are what's happening?
Speaker 13: Tim, Okay, it's Sam.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well that's okay. Now that's a that's a testimony to Mimosa's uh kachina.
Speaker 4: You gotta lay off.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Sam, try that's okay.
Speaker 13: Come on, I just which really appreciated me. Okay. Here's what's happened. My granddaughter was hit by a city trash truck last week when it snowed. She was told that the city of Denver is self ensured. What does she try to do?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, she needs to go about this in a very special way. She's with notifications. Yeah, of course. But I'm just saying they have to go about this in a very special way. Most likely, Sam, most likely the city is not responsible off for this and will not pay a dime. Okay, because the here's how it works. If the city is in the normal mode of maintenance and repair of the infrastructure in the city, they are immune to most negligent claims for any kind of liability.
Speaker 4: I think they would say, I think they're going to pay. But I did.
Speaker 7: Let me ask them one question, Tom, was she hurt or was it just property damage?
Speaker 4: Property?
Speaker 16: They hit her? Part current school?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, They're most likely not going to pay Sam in my opinion, But it doesn't have to be a point of contention. I mean, if they do, I'm hoping they do. I don't think they will. And I go back years and years of handling these cases. They take this qualified immunity pretty seriously and if they violate it, they don't want people coming back on them. Let me tell you what qualified immunity what it says. It says that if they're doing their job in the course of their job. So if the guy took a trash truck or a snowplow and he was drunk and he was driving at willy nilly, not plowing or not picking up garbage, that's a whole different story. But if he's on the job collecting trash and it's snowing out and he hits the parked car, they're not going to be responsible. How did she know that they did it? Did they leave a note? What did they do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 13: Someone came into the school. I'm more than sure it might have been a truck driver came into the school over the PA system. They identified her car, She went to the office, she went outside with them. The police came. They did a report, but the gentleman told her that the city was self insured.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I mean self insured simply means they pay the claims and then if not, then okay.
Speaker 4: My question is that doesn't change.
Speaker 3: See ability does not change based on how they're insured. If they're liable, they're liable. If they're not, they're not.
Speaker 13: Right now, my question is that she need to go out and get some estimates and then in turn contact the city attorney.
Speaker 3: Well, but I said, since there's no injuries involved, that might be wise. But let me explain something, Sam. She can go through the process. Okay, Yes, that's the way to do it. Ask the city attorney or the loss mitigation officer whoever they're using in the city that ask them for the steps involved in filing a claim. Okay, then she will be turned down. If you want to go see an attorney after that, you can. We can even get an attorney on to talk about.
Speaker 4: It now if you'd like. But I got Fuller On. I'm going to is the on right now, John Fuller and Fuller Law.
Speaker 3: He does, of course personal injury, but he knows so much about this John of a car is parked a city trash truck hits it, the weather was bad. They say, well, we're self insured. You got to go through the claim process. What are the chances they're going to pay for that car?
Speaker 16: John, probably one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: They will pay one Yeah, of course. And why is that?
Speaker 6: You know, Well, cities are no different than anybody else. They're operating a vehicle. If they actually end up running into somebody, they're going to be liable. I've had numerous cases where you know, city workers, police officers, that kind of stuff, get into accidents and then every one of them we are able to We were able to get those cases resolved.
Speaker 3: So when does qualified immunity come into effect.
Speaker 6: Well, it doesn't come into effect at all for how they drive a vehicle. So, you know, qualified immunity may have to do with personal personal responsibility. So so maybe you say that the the trash drug, Well it's not going to apply to a trash truck driver. But but let's say you have a you know, a person who is a elected official or something. You know, the city's going to indemnify that person for the losses caused by them when driving a company vehicle. That's just all that, That's all there is to it. A qualified immunity has to do with personal responsibility for taken in the professional capacity.
Speaker 3: I'm in governmental, but maybe I'm saying the same thing. Okay, So, because because John, let me, let me tell you what must have changed.
Speaker 4: I'm going to talk about this guy called William Norcross.
Speaker 3: William was in his car and it was park and a snow truck operator comes barrowing down, plowing snow, runs into his car and mister Norcross was paralyzed, and they didn't pay a dime for his car, nor did they pay a dime for his injuries. And they said that they were immune from that because they were doing normal infrastructure repair and maintenance. Now, that was one of about ten who have called me over the years. So things must have changed, and I'm happy that they have.
Speaker 6: I'm really sure nothing's changed, Tom. I don't know that case, but I suspect that, you know, there was an extenuating circumstance as to where the vehicle was barked or something along those lines. But normal negligence that is committed by city workers is absolutely confensible, just as if that driver were a private citizen.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, Okay, I'm really happy about that, sir, so you're going to be one reimbursed. She just has to go through the process. And uh, I want you to call me and let know how that works out, how much they pay sure, because I need to put it in my I need to give accurate answers, and I want to put that in my records on the call sheet.
Speaker 4: Here, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Oh so I need to call the city attorney and ask what the process is.
Speaker 7: I'd get estimates, just like you would for anything else. Go get body shop estimates, and then you're going to go fill it out, probably online somewhere and submit the estimates.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, there will be then.
Speaker 7: The self insured part. I just want to revisit real quick. That's not a big deal if there's self insured. Walmart's self insured for most things.
Speaker 13: All right, I guess great. Appreciate the information. You guys, have a great date.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Three zero three seven to one three talk. Thank you. John Fuller, attorney at law. He's always at the ready with information on injuries. If you ever have an injury, or ever have someone injure you or your property, John Fuller, and he is the expert and you can here. Let me just give out his number real quick. It's three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred. Three oh three five nine seven forty five one hundred. Okay. I love talking about great people who give information free of charge, like Frank Durand the real Estate Man. He'll do a complete analysis of your property.
Speaker 4: What is it worth? What will it actually sell for?
Speaker 3: What will you qualify for? To buy?
Speaker 4: All of this?
Speaker 3: Complimentary from Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. You know, Uh, let's see what we got here going to the callers. We have Matt who wants to talk and Kevin. So let's go to Matt. He wants to talk about his twenty twenty one GMC Sierra whatever you want to talk about, folks. Three oh three Martino is probably the best number, but you can call any number three oh three six, two seven, eight, four sixty six. It's three oh three Martino. The reason I say that is if it comes in after hours or whatever, we'll get to you, I promise, and we will call you back.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And of course when we're on the air, three oh three U seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Kevin, I mean, excuse me, Matt, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 16: Hey, Tom longtime listener? I? Uh, yes, sir, recently bought a truck from Clear Shift Auto. It's a gmccira at four twenty twenty one, uh for with twenty four thousand miles on it, certified pre owned. So what it was a twenty twenty three, No, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, And it only had how many miles.
Speaker 17: Twenty four eight hundred okay, okay, so kind.
Speaker 16: Of barely broken in And I took it for a test drive it certified, pre owned, everything looks good, signed the paperwork on Saturday the fifth, and drove it off the lot and the check engine light came on and it went in and it wouldn't shift above like four thousand RPMs.
Speaker 3: So I immediately wait right away, right wait, right away.
Speaker 16: It happened like right away, right away.
Speaker 3: Did you have you did you ever go on a test drive? Yeah, he said, you test drove it.
Speaker 7: It didn't happen during the test drive, Nope, but it happened when you literally left the dealership.
Speaker 16: Left the dealership on County Line, and uh so I immediately took it back. The GM, the general manager of clear Shift, comes out immediately and he's like, let's hook it up to a code. I'll run it over to my certified mechanic and we'll see what the issue is. And he comes back, he says, it's great.
Speaker 3: Is it still under warranty?
Speaker 4: Is it still under.
Speaker 16: Warranty under Yes, it's still under a powertrain warranty for a year and like one hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 17: Or something, okay, yeah, and so so he took it to.
Speaker 16: His mechanic and the mechanic cleared the codes and said it was. It went into limp mode learning a new driver, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a but that doesn't sound right to me. That says a sound right to me.
Speaker 16: No, it didn't sound right to me. I've heard of lip mode and transmissions and learning adaptive learning, but it shouldn't throw check engine code.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 16: So they cleared the code exactly, and so so my confidence level was way down. So I negotiated for them to pay for a third party pre purchase inspection, one that's not affiliated with them, right.
Speaker 7: Except just after purchase. But okay, that's so weird. Why why would you even care after.
Speaker 16: Well, I wanted they cleared the codes, and but I wanted to make sure nothing else was wrong with it.
Speaker 4: Right, Were they going to let you out of the deal if something was wrong?
Speaker 16: Tentatively, I'm sure there's a way I can get out of a deal if a car breaks down.
Speaker 3: No, there isn't. No, no, no, there isn't. No.
Speaker 4: They know there isn't, but keep going.
Speaker 8: But they might have fixed it. Rather than give his money back, they might have fixed it.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let him continue. Let's let him continue.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, So so they give me the ruck and I schedule an appointment for the following Wednesday at John Elway GM for you know, an inspection, right?
Speaker 3: And and is is John Elway where you bought this?
Speaker 16: No, I bought it a clear Shift. John Elway was just a third party that I used. I have a couple other mechanics A on your referral list, but I thought I'd take it into a GM dealer because if they cleared the codes, the GM computers might be able to pick it back up because they have that technology.
Speaker 3: What is clear Where is clear Shift located?
Speaker 16: It's in between University and Broadway on the county line.
Speaker 4: So what did Elway or Shaw? What what's the get? What's the deal with it?
Speaker 16: Yeah, so they called back. They called back and said it needs a new UH control valve body, which is a part in the transmission. So they ordered a new valve body and a transmission to see which one gets first, because all of those are on a nationwide or a national back order at least three to four months. And so this part has been faulty in these years from twenty to twenty two. I believe all these transmissions, these ten speed transmissions, and.
Speaker 3: What are they calling this? What are they calling this back ordered unit.
Speaker 4: The valve control body yep, yep.
Speaker 16: Control valve body and the transmission are both on back order national back order.
Speaker 4: But you don't need a transmission.
Speaker 16: No, But if they if they get one first because and not a control body, they could swap that out if they get permission from GM to do so. Okay, So they just ordered both of them.
Speaker 7: So the issue is what the issue is? You just bought a truck and you can't drive it because it's on back order exactly, So is a.
Speaker 4: Dealer going to undo the deal? I mean, have you even asked them?
Speaker 16: They don't have to, so've I. They said that they were going to call GM on Friday and call me back that afternoon, and they didn't call me back. I called him back on Saturday and then again today and with no answer. So I can't get a hold of them.
Speaker 3: And then all right, hold on, Matt, Let's get Jefffick on the phone, please, and then hold on all right, man, just hang on. No sense of mulling this around any longer. Let's just see what he can find. We can also get Kevin if you want, but I think this would be more up, more up, Jeff fixed Alli three oh three seven one three eight two five five speaking of cars and property or whatever. Compass Insurance Group Free insurance checkups. Know that you're not under insured please, or that you're not over insured, or that you're not paying too much. A free checkup on us to God unbiased look three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Ruffer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk two three seven one three eight two five five. Jeff Fick camer Transmission Swans talk to you real quick, Jeff. So this guy has a truck and they're telling him his stuff is on National backoder he has a twenty twenty one GMC Sierra and they say that they they say that the car went into limp mode for one way reason or another, but it needs, uh, some kind of module. What what is that actually called their valve control body?
Speaker 4: And they're on national back order? You know that?
Speaker 5: Is it the six eight or ten speed?
Speaker 4: Matt six six eight or ten speed?
Speaker 16: It's the ten L eighty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's ten speed possibly that that's I'm backward correct. So those they've been falling like flies and so the inventory has been washed up.
Speaker 3: Okay, and uh and so are the transmissions? Now how long does that if you wanted to order that, how long would it take you?
Speaker 5: Well, I would have to talk to dealer to find out that. I don't know whether or not. You know, they've got them all on the captive. When they're supposed to have a release date. If they have a projected release date, they can vary. Wow, yeah, you're literally So so we.
Speaker 4: Have this age old problem we come up against. What do we do about it?
Speaker 3: When you have something that can't be fixed and they can't tell him when he's going to have use of his truck?
Speaker 4: What is the what's the remedy.
Speaker 3: You know, listen, the reason I don't know the remedy is because I don't think this has really been an issue up till COVID. I don't know why COVID changed things, but it did.
Speaker 5: It did just a hard time fine and not only employees, but qualified employees. And then you've got trucking issues. And I think a lot of these companies also found that they don't necessarily have to hold inventory in stock people who are going to buy anyway, so they a low way the tax burk.
Speaker 3: We have to find out from an attorney what do you do when they can't find the part? Should we call that one attorney on Lemon issues and ask hold on Matt, Maybe we'll get an expert opinion on here. I'm Tom Martinez three all three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. And you can also call three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Rip.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run ins as we can. No shoot's gonna help come thing.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martine, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. No luck getting Brad O'Brien for that one condo problem that's just terrible. Or Matt Stamford at Paragon with public Oh oh, I'm sorry, Mark, you must have done that when I was taking that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: So so what did he say.
Speaker 4: About what she can do?
Speaker 7: She needs to hire an attorney at this point, it's been two and a half years. And the other problem that Dmitri was, you know, telling us about, is you know, there's mold in everything there now, but she hasn't mitigated any of her damages for two and a half years. There's no way her insurance company's going to pay for that stuff. Oh man, well, I think that she's got to hire an Attorney's the bottom line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the way we left it is Brad agreed to have an initial consultation with her to kind of take a look at her case on paper and there's anything he can do to help. And we also discussed having or asking inviting Matt from Paragon Services to go over there to see if he can be an assistant.
Speaker 4: And that's one thing I want to.
Speaker 2: Do Farmer's insurance so at least pay for her personal property which they haven't paid for. And maybe he can even figure out a way to finagle some settlement for the mold issue that's going on over there. But we'll see what Brad says after he meets with Kolea.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now Rain isn't a meeting the attorney. We'll try to get to her after that. I want to take Kevin's comment real quick. Then I'll go back to this age old problem. What do you do when you have a truck a car and it's just out of service and they cannot they just cannot get the part. Kevin, you want to give a shout out, Kevin, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 18: Hey Tom. About eight months ago I had a new driveway poured and the contractor didn't protect the first poor the first half of the driveway, and they got severely rained on. And after a year or so, we had a lot of spawling and cracking that was occurring that shouldn't have been occurring. And so I had talked with I think you and John Fuller in August of twenty four and you had suggested I take him a small claims court. I talked with Bob at Lam. He gave me a great professional statements in terms of what likely caused the concrete spalling to occur and what should have what the contractor should.
Speaker 4: Have done but didn't do.
Speaker 18: And I used that all in a presentation at small claims court and the judge agreed with everything, and he paid particular attention to the statement that Bob at Lam had provided.
Speaker 5: And I walked away with.
Speaker 18: The full amount in small claims court.
Speaker 4: And did he pay?
Speaker 5: He did? He did?
Speaker 18: He The contractor paid right away basically, and so that was a wow do in large part to Bob's professional expert opinion that I was able to make use of during the small claims proceedings.
Speaker 3: God, that's good to hear man.
Speaker 18: That was a seventy five dollars plus fees a reward award.
Speaker 3: I have, I have the notes here. Now hold on, And that was did you call in August of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what does what did Elite have to do? Were they on as an expert? No, we told you to call Elite, but then you ended up you ended up getting Bob on right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Actually it's a little odd. Elite Concrete is the name of the contry tractor that did the work.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm soon. I'm sorry. It wasn't our Elite people. Got it, got it, got it? Okay, I'm sorry I made a mistake. Okay, good phew, because we never had complaints about that guy either. Okay. So so it was Bob at We love Bob at l e M. He provided the.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, Yeah, he he. We we talked quite a bit. I'm never actually met in person yet. I want to bring him on for some work. We got some other work around the house.
Speaker 3: But so when you got the refund, what are you doing about the spalling.
Speaker 18: So have another another company that's come in and is doing a different approach to essentially grinding down that existing surface, putting a new new material overlay on it, and then going to put down some good some sort of epoxy type system with some grit into it to events slipping and stuff like that. And so far that's that's looking pretty good, that that repair.
Speaker 3: I'm just surprised that that contractor paid. That's good man.
Speaker 18: I despite the troubles we had, I would say that he was. He was honorable in his approach to get the problems sakes as far as repay, as far as paying the fine or the the the the the small claims court fine. So he was he was actually kind of worried about not getting that taken care of. He got taken care of right away, and so from that standpoint, he was.
Speaker 5: He was good.
Speaker 18: He was a little surprised, I think during the court itself, because I really I got the impression that he was. I had a he had a contract, and he had a warranty that went for a year. I think he thought he was in the in the clear because it was after his warranty had expired. And I told the judge that I had spoken with Elite prior to the expiration of the warranty, and still he maintained that the spawling was just normal wear and tear, and the judge obviously did not agree with that given the lack of protection during the rainstorm on newly poured concrete.
Speaker 4: Thank you, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Three three, seven to one, three talks seven one three eight two, five to five. So we come up against this problem quite a bit, mark and the old ways aren't going to work. We used to say they have an opportunity to fix it, and but we've had this more than once. Now Matt's the latest one to call the show with the issue.
Speaker 4: A part is needed on his vehicle.
Speaker 3: It's useless without it, and he is doing nothing but waiting for a part.
Speaker 4: What do you do now, Matt?
Speaker 3: Before we get too involved in this, let's ask the obvious question. Did the dealer provide you or someone provide you any replacement vehicle for temporary at all?
Speaker 16: No, not the dealership that I bought it from. Now, the GM dealer said they could possibly make the arrangement for a loaner vehicle through enterprise if the vehicle is in my name and it hasn't even done any of that paperwork yet as far as being in my name, like there's it's not ten tens.
Speaker 3: But if it's in your name, if it's in your name, you mean titled and all that which takes thirty or sixty days or forty five to sixty days, then you could possibly get a replacement vehicle.
Speaker 16: Yes, a loaner from enterprise for like Chevy Malibu or something like that.
Speaker 4: Why would they do that?
Speaker 16: Why would they get me a loan?
Speaker 7: Why would that dealer do that? Yeah, they probably they're not even the one that sold it. They probably get it paid for because it's under warranty by the manufacturer.
Speaker 16: Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well get that done pretty quickly, man, get that done pretty quickly. Hey, Matt, this is Deputy D. I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: Did you did you get a chance to ask the stealer to.
Speaker 16: Bill excuse me say that again, sorry, the.
Speaker 3: Dealer where you bought this truck?
Speaker 2: Did you did you ask him if they want to just undo the deal, give you back your money and then you'll find something else.
Speaker 16: Well, that's the challenge is I can't get a hold of them.
Speaker 4: So, I, what do you mean you can't get a hold What do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? So they got a whole dealership over.
Speaker 4: There, What do you mean you w what do you mean you can't get a hold of him?
Speaker 16: Well, well, well he said he'd call me back on Friday, and he didn't. I followed up with him on Saturday and left the voicemail, and then I followed up with him to what.
Speaker 7: Do you want from him? We can assign a deputy to it. But what are you asking for?
Speaker 4: Refund?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not going to be able to make the part.
Speaker 16: Yeah, of course, I you know, in purchase a vehicle, I kind of wanted to be reassured that it was a quality vehicle. And if they replace.
Speaker 3: Them, well there's no reassurance. Let's talk about now, man, let's just talk about now.
Speaker 4: What do you want.
Speaker 16: Some communication? I guess, but I you know, I liked the truck, I really did, and but I don't want to buy a truck that's going to be broken. And my research says that all twenty to twenty two GMCs that have that ten speed in it are bad, And so that's kind of what how about?
Speaker 3: How about you go over there. I'm going to ask you again, bro, because you can only answer this, what do you want.
Speaker 16: To undo the deal?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Okay, but you don't necessarily want another one. I get it, I want to under the deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we go over there.
Speaker 2: And ask them, Yeah, come mat how about how about you go over there this afternoon and uh and ask for the general manager and tell them, tell them what the issue is. The truck broke down the moment you drove away with it, parts aren't available, and you'd like to undo the deal and tell me especially it hasn't been titled.
Speaker 16: Yet, and yeah, that's what I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Do, and then give us a call back and yeah, and then give us a call back and let us know what.
Speaker 3: Did you say? The name of the selling dealer.
Speaker 16: Is clear Shift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, head on over to clear Shift.
Speaker 16: Yeah. And they've been pretty great, I say, I believe he's going to work with me here.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they haven't been because they're not returning your calls. So so just I think it's an easy I think it's an easy question to answer. Go over there and say, look, here's the deal, here's the keys. Can I have my check back and let us know what he says's good, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: I mean I would if I were you, But Tom, I can't lose by going over there.
Speaker 7: Did you see they arrested another dude for setting a fire, another arsonist in California. This comes just days after an illegal immigrant was detained for allegedly setting a fire in Calabasas.
Speaker 4: I think I'm pronouncing that right near Beverly Hills. Yeah, yeah, that's right. So another one.
Speaker 8: Hey, isn't that where they have the frog jumping Marke petition?
Speaker 7: There's like homeless and illegals running around lighting fires according to these stories.
Speaker 4: But what what is their game? What's the reason?
Speaker 7: Who the hell knows? They're crazy? I mean, what else would it be. They're they're mentally messed.
Speaker 3: Up to what are we going to do with my maniacs?
Speaker 8: Set fires just to set fires?
Speaker 7: He's going to go talk to the dealer, see what they say, and if they're not going to do anything for him to me, he's going to Doc or someone will get involved.
Speaker 2: Man, Man, can you give us a call back tomorrow and let us know, let Doc know and all of us know what the dealer says about undoing this deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea yeah, call us back three oh three, seven to one to three tough, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Physical We're gonna we're gonna get to the bottom of that, folks.
Speaker 3: That's what we want to do. We want to solve problems. Francisco. You hang on, will come right back to you, okay, bro Renew Home Innovations dot com. Now they have beautiful porcelain walls. I mean, these showers are beautiful, and they're at a great value, and they can be done in two or three days and you can pay over seventy two months or no interest. In today's world, that's incredible. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's continue, Francisco. You have a question about a DUI.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Francisco?
Speaker 18: Hello, Tom, hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 16: Can I say something? Can I say something?
Speaker 3: You absolutely can? Yes, sir, Yes, sir, okay.
Speaker 15: I just want to say that I liked Mark, but sometimes he's too intense for me. That's all I want to say.
Speaker 3: You know what, Mark is sometimes too intense, But Mark is sometimes too intense for me, but they're never a moment. I regretted having that intensity anyway. I don't know how to other I don't know how otherwise to put that. I think that came across right, But that's way.
Speaker 4: I want to know. What was too intense today? Though? Well it's Francisco. What was too and Mark? Mark?
Speaker 3: I didn't use I didn't use the word too intense, high intensity.
Speaker 4: I'm meant I'm talking about I'm talking to Francisco.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fair to ask about.
Speaker 3: But listen, man, you know what, Here's what I've here's what I've come to grips with and I'll let Francisco finish. I've really come to grips with this, no matter what I've done in life, and I swear to God, I'm not trying to be some philosopher. I used to try to really be all things to all people and please people in a way that pleased people.
Speaker 4: But you can't.
Speaker 3: So what I try to do is please myself and then help others. And then as long as the ultimate goal is help helping others, if I stumble along the way, as long as people know that I have my eye on the prize of helping people, I think that all's forgiven. In the long run.
Speaker 4: I get heated, I get.
Speaker 3: Intense, I get insulting sometimes and I don't mean to. But in any case, Francisco, certainly I.
Speaker 4: Still I still certainly know what.
Speaker 3: He's referring to today, though certainly I'm going to say that, Francisco, certainly you must have like some examples.
Speaker 7: Maybe is it the wildfire, the people getting arrested, the homeless bums running around lighting fires?
Speaker 4: Did that get to you?
Speaker 15: No, it is not just today, Mark, it's other times as well.
Speaker 3: It's okay, No, it is okay, And Francisco, you're valid I mean, you can have whatever opinion you want.
Speaker 7: He was just probe trying to figure out what he's even referring to, Like, am I being too intense right now?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 8: Its sense, Markets, let me say something.
Speaker 15: When you elevate your voice, that's not the issue.
Speaker 4: What is it? That's what I'm asking. What is it?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, maybe he can't put his finger on it right now, Let me about that something.
Speaker 16: Market repeat yourself too much about the same issues, Francis.
Speaker 4: Let the doc. He's a doc.
Speaker 7: Man, I get it now that I understand. Stop Mark and stop serious, doc, but.
Speaker 3: Stop marginalizing people who have disagreements or thinking where he sits? Okay, what were you going to say? By the way, doc, quickly, please, let's let let's talk to him.
Speaker 8: Market's intense and angry when people rip off helpless other people.
Speaker 4: He's not talking about that.
Speaker 6: That's it is.
Speaker 8: That's he's not.
Speaker 4: Talking about that.
Speaker 3: No he's not, No, he's not.
Speaker 4: No, he's not.
Speaker 2: Hey, Francisco, how about you tell us how we can be of assistance with your GUI. You and we're going to make sure that Mark is not the one helping you out on it.
Speaker 3: We're just kidding. Go ahead, Francisco, what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 15: So my son got a dui last Saturday and tour Collins.
Speaker 16: So my question is is it better to use a lawyer all the time when you.
Speaker 7: Go through this always you have, always, always, always, Francoisco seriously called Joe Lazara. You'll give you a flat rate price for your son, or have your son called. But you'd be crazier. He'd be crazy not to have an attorney. Period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's two. It's really too serious. Well, I'll tell you a couple of reasons. First of all, there are two things going on. One is a criminal offense and one is a DMV offense the motor vehicle. Both of them have to be handled separately, and both of them can have different outcomes, and both of them have different deadlines for filing different responses.
Speaker 4: And you, if you don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: The prosecutor's job is to dispose of these as quickly as possible with advantage to the state. It's just the system. Was it his first one, Francisco?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, he never had a ticket or anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, how intense was that? How intense?
Speaker 3: How intense was the intoxification intoxication. I mean he refused the breathalyzer, and he took him to the.
Speaker 5: Well and they took him.
Speaker 12: To do a blood test.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, he did not refuse the blood test, then good.
Speaker 7: There's actually some good news to that, the fact they forced him on that blood test.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you what the good news is.
Speaker 7: If they didn't do the blood or if they didn't do the breath he would have lost his license.
Speaker 4: For one year. First the fans period, Yeah, so what did the blood test show?
Speaker 16: So it was going what did.
Speaker 3: As opposed?
Speaker 4: I forget what, but it is. I don't know the numbers either. Is Joe Lazara available right now?
Speaker 20: He is nice?
Speaker 4: Is he available right now? We already tried him. Okay, so here's what you do. You call him?
Speaker 20: That's working poor Collins pretty much.
Speaker 3: And I think he does. I know, or I will say this one thing Joe will do. Listen carefully. He'll give you some free advice up front, no charge. He will listen to the case. And if he takes it, it's a flat rate.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know it says here, listen to this time. I didn't know this. It says a blood alcohol. Let me give the.
Speaker 3: Number out first, Mark, Mark, let me just give out the number first. Three oh three four to nine six two zero zero four to nine sixty two hundred Go ahead, Mark.
Speaker 7: I'm sure what he meant was point zero nine, because if he was point nine, the kid be dead. But point zero nine is just kind of I don't want to say barely over. But it's it's it's close. I mean, Joe might be able to really dig his teeth into something here. I don't know if you can argue on a I just don't know, but it's well worth that phone call to him.
Speaker 4: Man, even if I'm too intense.
Speaker 16: Keep it up, March.
Speaker 14: You're You're very helpful.
Speaker 16: You helpful lot of people, So thank you. Keep it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so listen, man, just please, I please, don't try to do it.
Speaker 7: He'll talk to you guys. Think you too, man, In fact, ask him that question. You know what, Francisco, I think you should ask Joe and then report back to us in this particular case. What's the benefit of using an attorney? Please help me out?
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Uh Hi, Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we've discovered that this being drunk and refusing or not refusing basically, I don't know what happens if you refuse and they force you to do it through court order. But are you sure that's what happened? Can they force you in a court order.
Speaker 4: To do a blood test? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: You're sure of that?
Speaker 8: I am one hundred percent shu.
Speaker 4: Almost every time too. So is that then I get the mandatory?
Speaker 7: That's a refusal because you're refusing until the court order. So does that mean and the DMV hearings all we're talking about here?
Speaker 4: Does that mean you lose your license for that year. I I don't know.
Speaker 3: Especially let's say the results came back and you were not intoxicated, would you still lose your license? We got to ask Joe. Is Joe just not around today at all? Is that the whole deal?
Speaker 10: No, he's in a meeting. He said that he would probably be out in a couple hours.
Speaker 3: So let's just talk to him and see what happens. Years and years ago, I was stopped once in my entire life for suspicion of drunk driving. I think it was because he said, sir, step out of the car, and then he said, can you stand on your one foot and do this?
Speaker 4: And do that?
Speaker 3: And I was so nervous. This is what I said to him. And by the way, I truly, truly, truly, truly had one margarita at my home that afternoon. So I was leaving the house and driving into Parker and I was so nervous when he stopped me. This had to have been thirty more than thirty years ago. I said to him, I can't even do this when I'm sober. I was laughing, and he said, sir, can you take a breathalyzer?
Speaker 4: I said, only on one condition. I really want you.
Speaker 3: To call right now for the blood test, please please, and I will do both. So I did the breath test and he said, okay, we will call for the blood test. That I waited for this van, I didn't have to go to the hospital. They did it with this big police thing. I thought, yeah they did. I remember, I remember waiting for that big van, and yeah, it must because I didn't go to a hospital.
Speaker 8: What did What did the breakfast show Tom.
Speaker 4: That I was.
Speaker 3: Right at the tip, right underneath the tip?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, well wait, but okay, hold.
Speaker 3: On, hold on, hold on. But the blood test showed less, way less, because I think the proximity of the drink had something to do with the actual blood level. And so, and honest to God, I know a lot of people say I just had wondering, but I really did.
Speaker 4: I mean I really truly did. So you know, they let me go.
Speaker 3: There was no no incident, nothing, no recording of it ever. But but I remember saying, I really want to know, because I swear to God, if one margarite is going to make me drunk, I have a problem. And so there was no incident. They were very kind, but I did the roadside, you know. And I didn't fail the roadside. I mean, I was a little nervous, but I made that stupid comment. But that was the only time I've ever stopped. Were you ever stop Mark for suspicion ever?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 7: After the Scott Lacy deal, they were basically following me everywhere man for a.
Speaker 4: Period of time.
Speaker 7: The Scott Lacy deal was a Parker cop that lived three or four homes over that blew his brains out after I turned him in for selling silencers, and the whole police department in Parker at that point was very upset with me.
Speaker 4: Period end of story.
Speaker 8: And Pam Okay, I will bet you that Lazara and any other law you talked to will tell you never take to feel sobriety test. It's totally subjective and there's no way you're going to pass it unless you're cold, sown, sober at blowing zeros.
Speaker 3: Now, Doc, did you ever get stopped?
Speaker 8: No, I've never. I've I've been stopped, but only two or three times I've been stopped coming home from the mountains. And when the officer said licensed registration and I said, he you go, officer. They never smell alcohol in my breath because I haven't had a drink since nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: And that's coming you mean, coming home from from the casinos.
Speaker 3: They just want, Oh, I didn't really, so you haven't you never drink anyway, But the point is that I'm.
Speaker 8: I was so happy they stopped me because on that canyon road you do not want drunk drivers. So as soon as they realize that you're not drunk, they don't. They didn't even check anything. They just said, okay, just drive carefully.
Speaker 4: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: Anyone else bo you ever stopped?
Speaker 8: I got stopped on one of these deals.
Speaker 11: I don't think they do them anymore where they would just block the hole on Wadsworth they would pull everybody over.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they still do them, for sure.
Speaker 11: And then the office check pust me. My lawyer always told me, even if you had a drink, say no. So the officer came up and said, have you been drinking? And I just said no, and then it was this end of conversation. But even if you said you had I've had a drink of lemonade, they would probably get you out of the car. But I just don't think I think that's an unconstitutional just pulling everybody over.
Speaker 7: Well, they have to put up signs telling you that the point is coming up and give you a way to exit and decide not to.
Speaker 4: Go through it. That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 8: Now, what's the point of it.
Speaker 3: But they also have chase cars.
Speaker 2: They have chase cars that are stationed well ahead of that point, and if they see you pull over, they go illegally follow you and then they try to come up with some excuse to stop you.
Speaker 7: I would agree with that. I would agree, but like you said, illegally, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's totally illegal. But they do that kind of stuff all the time. I got pulled over at a or stopped at one of those checkpoints that Bow just described, and I wasn't drinking.
Speaker 3: I stopped, rolled down my window.
Speaker 2: This cop shoved his whole face through the window right up to me in these huge, huge mustache. It looked like he was eating a squirrel. That mustache was so big, and he starts moving it around and sniffing like a vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 3: But I passed the I passed the sniff test and they let me go.
Speaker 8: That's why you can only end window down two or three inches, so you can pass your license and registration. How about the window?
Speaker 7: How about these people that smoked that dope in their car? Though, Man, you can smell that stuff like crazy.
Speaker 4: Smell that across the street.
Speaker 3: Oh, I smelled a red lights.
Speaker 4: I smell it.
Speaker 3: Driving marijuana, Yeah, marijuana, you didc indefinitely. You can definitely smell marijuana.
Speaker 4: If they had breath test for hope.
Speaker 8: Well remember that that I was talking about with my reaction test.
Speaker 7: You guys, as I mean people, if you were getting a drunk on a WKRP in Cincinnati, they had the state patrol in there, and every time you take a shot, you'd have to hit the buzzer.
Speaker 4: And the more he drank, the faster he got I have. That's funny.
Speaker 3: It's funny anyway, three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Anyway, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, and as always we invite your calls and you can call three oh three Martino three h three six two seven eight four sixty six. Of course you can also call three ozho three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five go with a sure thing, Denver's Best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Marsino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's see what's on your mind. And we've been talking about a lot of important stuff today, a lot. First of all, with qualified immunity or governmental immunity. I used to think, no matter what, if they're in the performance of normal maintenance and repairs of a city, they're not liable for negligence. There's some differences there, and John Fuller sent me a bunch of stuff about it. First and foremost, let's take the operation of motor vehicles. If they're negligent in the operation of a motor vehicle, even if they're carrying out work of the city, they're not liable. However, there have been some cases where front end loaders, roadscrapers, snowplows, and other vehicles were not considered motor vehicles. Some cases have interpreted motor vehicles as cars and trucks. So that's one thing. The giant snowplows and road and grading equipment and bulldozers and stuff may not be considered motor vehicles in some cases. Then there's the matter of structure itself, meaning potholes or something falls over, something hits you. Now, in those cases, governmental immunity kicks in. It's not the operation of a motor vehicle, it's something that happened. If they have a regular schedule of maintenance, they're really not held accountable for each and everything that goes wrong when people have cars destroyed or hurt, sometimes even death, Okay, it just they In fact, there was a famous case where bowlders fell off of a highway in Colorado, hit a bus and cars and killed people, and immunity would have kicked in, but because of a public outcry, they made a special special legislation to waive their.
Speaker 4: Immunity for that case. I remember that.
Speaker 3: So it's not simply they're not responsible for anything, but it depends on what it is when it comes to immunity of a government. Three o three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. So what else is in the news. This is something I made a decision on. There has never been in the history of technology more hacking than ever. I mean more hacking. So we have more hacking than ever. It's absolutely mind boggling. What is going on in cybersecurity people. Some people are awakening to completely they're they're penniless, their money's been taken. In some cases, it shows that people even verified their code with cloned cell phones. It's terrible. So what's going on about that? I'm going to tell you the only solution I found, honest to.
Speaker 4: God, and I'm doing it. I'm no longer putting.
Speaker 3: It off, and I've read about it, I've ordered them, and i want to know what you think about it too, So whatever's on your mind, give us a call. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two yea.
Speaker 4: Ripped up.
Speaker 16: New needed.
Speaker 3: That's who you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run anxious sustas as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come man, this.
Speaker 4: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 3: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions taking place, make your life a little easier. That's what we love to do. And so all you have to do is call me and we will get right on the problem, question, complaint and try to make things easier for you anyway we can. So I'm going to bring in the studio, say hi to my peeps over there, and We're going to go right to the phones if you have calls, and now we've calls have been spotty today, but it's given us plenty of time to catch up on stuff and things that are on your mind. So three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now what does this mean? How are your recommendations today? Mark? Did you put up that.
Speaker 4: Poll on YouTube? I don't know what that means. I have no idea what you're talking about, to be quite honest.
Speaker 3: If you look at my YouTube, never mind, I'm something came up a questionnaire. Maybe it was from YouTube and not from us, but anyway, so welcome to the show, folks. Some of the things that I really want to recap. We're having a nationwide problem on this with some items, and I still don't have an ant, sir, and we're going to try to get an answer. I don't know if our Lemon Law attorney is still off or on a meet in a meeting, but we have had a number of issues where people have had cars grounded. You know, they can't use them and they're in they're under warranty. The dealer acknowledges the manufacturer acknowledges, but they can't find the parts.
Speaker 4: They're on national back order. So what happens?
Speaker 3: I mean, certainly this is happening all over the country. Certainly there has to be some kind of a remedy. Do you think the manufacturer should pay for replacement vehicles?
Speaker 4: I think in a way, yeah, in a way, I think they should.
Speaker 3: What if you have to have a vehicle in a shop and you can't drive it. Now, some of them you can drive. We've had cases where some people can drive, but they don't want to. They say you can't trust it. I had this one woman from next door who contact us and says, sure, Tom, technically I can drive, but sometimes I get stuck and I forget what the issue was on that one. And I told her, as long as they're giving you a replacement vehicle, and with her they were, they were giving her a replacement vehicle. I said, as long as they're doing that, you can, you know, I think you can give them a break. Yeah, it's not the vehicle you will you bought, But think about this, you're the vehicle you bought is not being used. You're not putting miles on it, you're not putting an age on it, So it is helping a bit three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. But what would you do personally, Mark? What would you do personally if you had one of your vehicles, one of your nice vehicles, and you couldn't drive it he literally couldn't drive it due to national back order.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I'd have to drive something else. That's pretty simple. So I drive something else, I know. But what would you do as a barking man? I mean, you really can't blame the dealers, So I would be bugging the manufacturer constantly. I'd be on the airwaves like this every day talking about it. I mean, that's what I'd be doing. What else can you do?
Speaker 4: Though? I know?
Speaker 3: I mean, and I think a replacement vehicle to me is apropos. If they do a replacement vehicle, I'd be satisfied. I don't think I'd be satisfied the other way around. If it just sat there and I was doing renting, I mean I would not put up with it. I would absolutely positively not put up with it.
Speaker 7: Well, and so if they give you a loaner vehicle, like you said, I mean, that's one thing that guy couldn't get a loaner vehicle because the damn vehicle broke down the day. So I want to go back and rephrase the question you asked me, or reframe it. If I was that guy and I bought a used vehicle that was under manufacturer's warranty and got one block from the dealership I bought it from, and it broke down and now I couldn't drive it, I would make everybody's life miserable at that dealership.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, I see what you're saying, right, because you would feel like, hey, this whole thing sucks.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean what now do you think a dealer would be.
Speaker 8: I would park the car outside the dealership with all sorts of signs on it so that everybody who's going into that dealership saw what was going on. I agree with Mark, That's what I would do.
Speaker 4: But would you this is this is an odd one again.
Speaker 3: Would you feel like like the dealer themselves, the dealer are the ones that owe that to.
Speaker 4: You, the dealer.
Speaker 7: If I bought it from the dealership and literally as I'm leaving the parking lot, it breaks, yeah, I think so?
Speaker 3: Well, And really, Mark, does it matter if it breaks when you're leaving, or if it breaks, you know, I mean that part does that breaks.
Speaker 4: A month later?
Speaker 7: I guess I think that's it. Of course, that's a huge difference, like literally, you dred. This guy claims he left and it broke the second he left Kenthin.
Speaker 4: If he had it a couple months.
Speaker 3: Of course, yes, yes, yes, But still I'd be pissed off. I mean, let's face it, you know, I mean I'd be pissed off if I couldn't drive it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but a couple months later you could always argue that, you know, the dealer could have never have known that was going to happen. They never would have they would have never have seen the issue. I mean, there's an argument to be said. But when it breaks, literally the second drive off, I'd be thinking, now, wait a minute, how would they possibly not know there was an issue here?
Speaker 8: Is there any way to put pressure on the dealership to force the like a bunch of dealerships get together and force the manufacturer to play for a replacement car?
Speaker 7: Well, I think they should under the GMC warranty. The problem with this guy is he didn't register the vehicle yet because he was just leaving, So they can't even get him a free loaner car until he does that.
Speaker 8: Right, But they're going to they should be.
Speaker 7: Yes, they'll probably just rent them one and then the manufacturer pays for it or reimburse the.
Speaker 4: One guy.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of our topics today, one was recirculating hot water loops. Now there are some of them you can get on Amazon that you can install yourself. Now, I'm not going to say it's a walk in the park, but it involves obviously shutting off the water and stolling a pump and then a crossover fitting so it can go from the hot water up over down the cold water return until you need it.
Speaker 4: Then it disengages.
Speaker 3: It's all automatic. But what I'm getting at is this is that they say that they have one in their house that has multi rooms and you can actually use Alexis to turn on and off. So if you have a bedroom that's remote and you have guests coming over and they're gonna be using hot water that night and then for a week, you know, you know, you can say Alexis, turn on the hot water loop for bedroom number four or whatever. So there are so many solutions that you should just look for. But hot water loops are cost effective, they actually waste less water, and in the long run they're not bad. So that's on that topic that was texted to me. Another one wants to know with Wave wealth management, when I talk about customizing portfolios, do we lose out on volume trading with portfolios if each one is traded separately. That's a good topic. Let me explain this in general. If you picture a number of folder of portfolios, just picture them is a square of a folder of an envelope or whatever, or a bushel, a basket whatever. So everyone has their basket of portfolio right with all of the things that match their horizon and their risk and their abilities, all of that, whether it's income through bonds or whether it's a preferred stock or just equity growth. Okay, so now you've got these buckets, and every body's buckets a little different. But then let's say we identify a trade that is advantageous.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously if.
Speaker 3: There's a trade that's advantageous, like we want to dump this stock now or buy more of it, we wouldn't do that twenty five times. So we have software that goes out to all of the bushels that have that software, and we do it as one unified trade. So even though it's customized to you, if you don't have that stock, you're not affected. If you do and this guy has it and this guy has it, and this guy has it, and this gal has it and this gal has it, then we do that volume trade. So yes, we take advantage of scale by going we have sleeves that go into each bucket, if that makes sense, so we can do the volume trades. But let's just say only one client has that stock. That would very seldom happen. But if it was, then that one client would would would I would trade with that client in order to in order to get volume. But here's the point. Most of the time there are some stocks common to everyone, some are not, but but we always find enough to try to do volume trading when we can. So I hope that answers the question. Yes, they are customized, but there are still things in common to many different ones. That's Wave eight Capital dot Com with the number eight. Okay, So now the next text regarding mark being too intense, I think what the guy meant to say this is Google voice, by the way. I think what the guy meant to say.
Speaker 4: Was that.
Speaker 3: He over emphasizes when something pisses him off or when he likes something, and that's pretty natural to me, and that's what that person. By the way. Okay, well what do you think the guy.
Speaker 4: Meant, Martin? No, we asked him that.
Speaker 7: No, it's purely because he doesn't like my policies. When I started talking about, you know, the illegal bums running around in Los Angeles with blowtorches lighting fires, he thinks I go way over to the top on stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That's what he was saying, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, okay, okay, Now why do you think people are setting fires? What would be somebody's goal for you?
Speaker 4: Because they're insane?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Okay? You know?
Speaker 3: And sometimes that's.
Speaker 7: All there is to it, there it is. I mean, I mean, there's no goodness. If you're homeless, you're you already have mental issues.
Speaker 8: Thomas pyromania. Yeah, there are just a signed symptom with people like fires because of pyromania.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then they run.
Speaker 7: Home and turn the TV on and see if they burn down a town exactly. But when you when you have a city that allows homelessness everywhere and they won't do anything about it, I mean, simply have had years and years and thrown billions upon billions and nothing changes. Very much like Denver here, and you have a city very much like Denver that allows or let's just call the sanctuary city where anybody can come and do anything. I mean, what do you expect to happen? Honest to God, what do you expect?
Speaker 3: Well said?
Speaker 4: Really, really that's intents.
Speaker 3: Give us a call of folks. You know, people are more and more passionate than ever these days. I just but, but I do want to always bring bring us back to the common condition.
Speaker 4: No matter what.
Speaker 3: We we don't want to be lied too, ripped off, cheated, and we are here to help. I think this show above all transcends all that.
Speaker 7: Really just real, well, right before we take a break and think about this, and people that go to YouTube and then type in Troubleshooter network, they can see life.
Speaker 4: I just put a poll up.
Speaker 7: Do you think the mayor or Tom and the governor of California hold you know, responsibility for these fires? Whether it's the hydrantsider you know, empty or not working. I'm not sure what's going on with them or any part of it. Do you think they personally should have responsibility. Now I'm not talking illegal responsibility because of governmental immunity, but I'm talking, really, do you think it's their fault that this is happening.
Speaker 3: I think a big part of it is their fault, for absolutely positively sure me think part of it is a big part of it. Yeah, And I don't think you.
Speaker 8: Ken who they hire. All three people in the fire department upper ups are all DEI hires.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the one up and up in the fire department, I think she's great. She came out and criticized the mayor, said, this is crazy. You slashed our budget months ago by seventeen and a half million. I've told you I needed another one hundred and fifty guys or whatever it was, and they.
Speaker 4: Didn't do anything.
Speaker 7: I just get so upset, counted Tom, and then just sit here and watch Colorado basically going through the same thing because of these people that we have here.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it's funny.
Speaker 7: I think Polis is actually sucking up the Trump a little.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 7: And Kaufman in Aurora, I can't believe it, but he's actually a little mad that the mayor of Denver was sending all the illegals over to Aurora. So I mean it's like I think people's eyes are starting to open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Marchino, your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Let's go to the phones and see what we can do for you folks, as we do with everything. And we have John who wants to comment on Mark. Okay, go ahead, John happen.
Speaker 4: Hey, goody, I don't know who cares.
Speaker 8: It's all it's.
Speaker 3: All in good fun. Hey John, thank you. What's happening.
Speaker 20: Man, Hey, Tom, So two weeks ago, some guy called any bought a use truck and it didn't have no caps on, and then the guy from the dealership called and said he had give him a five hundred bucks because uh it was Uh didn't have to worry about it for a few years. But the thing is anything that has a cat or like an airpump or anything like that on it when you go do your missions, that has to.
Speaker 4: Be This is the moron. It's not someone called it was Marr. Don't don't call him a moron. Are honored, though, what do you mean it's the guy.
Speaker 20: You No, it wasn't me. It was not me.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean, Mark, what do you what do you mean? It's the guy explained to him.
Speaker 7: It's the guy they called So this this this guy called uh And by the way, I ended up sending his threatening emails to the cops. But that's a different story. So this guy calls up Tom. He buys a used vehicle. Okay as is yes. Two months later, two months later, check engine light comes on. It turns out it needs cats. Follow me so far he thinks the dealership that sold him the used car should have to pay for the cats because they sold him a truck where the cats went bad. Two months later, I told him, he's absolutely nuts. It's been two months. So we went into the voucher stuff. He never received the voucher because the vehicle was actually still under exemption, so it had a five year or seven year exemption sticker.
Speaker 4: It just had a ton of miles on it.
Speaker 7: It had like one hundred and fifty two hundred thousand miles. So I got the dealership to come on the air. They agreed to give the guy five hundred bucks. I was shocked they'd actually do it, but the guy keeps. The guy called back and said, I'm one hundred percent wrong.
Speaker 4: This is after he loved what I did and took to five hundred.
Speaker 7: But he goes, in the state of Colorado, you one hundred percent have to sell a vehicle with working cats, And I said, no, that's absolutely not true. It was out of warranty and it was exempt, so they didn't even have to give him the emission sticker. Then two months later, it needs cats. This is ald on, Mark. Let's clarify that.
Speaker 16: Mark.
Speaker 3: Just clarify the one item it does have to have cats on it vision.
Speaker 7: Had cats on it? Yes, right, right, right? Okay, yeah, it had cats on it. He kept saying. In fact, the dumb ass excuse me me, the caller, I'm not talking about this guy, although I think it's him, but he kept saying it had no cats. Yes, it did visually have cats. They were there. They went bad two months later. So tell me, a caller, what.
Speaker 3: Is your issue?
Speaker 4: Did you have an issue with what Mark said?
Speaker 20: You know, I kind of did, and it's not me. And if that guy made threatening your emails or something, that's that's not good.
Speaker 17: So, uh, the way I understood.
Speaker 20: It, the guy called in and he did buy it as a used vehicle, but even as you used the vehicle, it's supposed to have the cats on it. If I understand it had cats, it had cats on it.
Speaker 3: Bro it had cats.
Speaker 4: I literally asked him in the last call, I said, are you telling me?
Speaker 7: I said, hold on, man, are you literally telling me someone cut the cats off and they sold it with no cats. Because if you're saying that, we've got a big problem. He goes, No, they were there, but they weren't working.
Speaker 20: Okay, Uh, I apologize, my bad man.
Speaker 7: You got you you don't have to apologize by any means. The guy was an absolute moron. I got him five hundred bucks, and not only that, I told him where to go to get the cat's replaced for less than fifteen hundred bucks. Plus he had five hundred from the dealership. I got him, so it would have cost him a thousand bucks.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 20: I know you guys say about Wyoming and and you guys do a great job. I appreciate it. I just apologize again. I'm misunderstood. I thought the cats weren't on it. So no, great job, guys, I apologize.
Speaker 7: You don't have to apologize, man, I just can't thank you.
Speaker 4: Worked up? No, not thank you? What is it?
Speaker 8: Intense?
Speaker 4: Intense?
Speaker 3: Intense?
Speaker 4: Thank you? And again and again. I can you imagine loss Suzanne living with my intensity? Well, tell me we don't offset each other very hi, I.
Speaker 3: Do not want to get into us. She can be intense, Oh you damn right.
Speaker 6: She can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the times for the right reason.
Speaker 4: You can be very intense.
Speaker 3: Never never, my goh, I have no idea what he's talking about. Listen, I'm still told that our Lemon law attorney is in a meeting and Joe Lazara is in a meeting.
Speaker 4: These are important things.
Speaker 3: We'll even follow them up tomorrow because these are important topics. Then we got to get to the bottom of this condo thing with you know, I mean, that is just horrendous working. Yeah, D's been working on that one. Let's let's give the name of that complex out, D. I mean, I want to, I want to give the name out and let me look up her call again. What's the name of the call, Khalia. That's right, it was Khalia.
Speaker 5: Kay.
Speaker 4: Oh, there you go, Thank you, sir, k h l e A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got it. Uh k h Okay. So what happened? Let's recap because it's really disgusting.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, two and a half years ago, her condo, which she bought eight years ago, sprang a huge leak. She has a video of water just pouring out of the walls, and she notified the HOA and her insurance company. And this was following a period of very heavy August rains, and so the insurance company gutted the entire condo.
Speaker 3: I was there. I saw my own eyes.
Speaker 2: It is nothing but a concrete box, walls, floor and ceiling, her concrete and studs where the walls used to be and the ho and they stand ready to rebuild her condo, to set it, to put it back the way it was. Unfortunately, the HOA claims that the roof isn't leaking, and that's in conflict with the two leak detectives that Khalia had hired, and they were there when I was there, and they have photos. One of them showed me photos of holes in the flat roof membrane and so to to follow up a little bit further, about a week I'd say about a week and a half ago, one of her leak detectors went back, got on the roof with a hose, turned on the water and as a result he observed water infiltrating her unit. However, the HOA hasn't fixed according to Khalia, they haven't. They haven't. Not only did they not fix the roof, but they also claim that the roof isn't leaking at all, which is in conflict with what the leak detector described from just a few days ago.
Speaker 3: So that's where it stands. It's an impasse. And go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roof for excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know, I really, I really was shocked, truly at the interview with Zuckerberg and Joe Rogan and his other revelations. He's really pissed off at how he was pressured at Facebook under the Biden administration. He said, the Biden administration would actually call them up and threaten them if they didn't take stuff down about COVID that was accurate, about the vaccination or about Hunter Biden's laptop.
Speaker 4: I mean, why why.
Speaker 3: Aren't people making a big deal about that? I mean, this, this is all coming out now. Plus when Twitter took over, excuse me, when when Musk took over, Twitter converted it to x All of these those internal documents said the same thing. This is a government suppressing free speech. Think about that. I mean, that should make people frightened. Instead what they start doing, what they're doing instead is predicting we're going to have a dictator and no freedoms under Trump. Just the very opposite. I mean, I mean, that's what's amazing to me. I mean, I you know, it's just time to say it like it is. Folks. There is a certain faction of this population that crave I've said it before. They crave not just desire, they crave government control. They crave it. They crave a shutdown of open expression, and they hope and pray for control on the masses because they want to control the narrative.
Speaker 4: That's just what it is.
Speaker 3: This is not a political talk show, but for God's sakes, it's consumer advocacy. And if I don't speak out on a phony, we must never let this happen again. The government should not control our thoughts, should not control our morals, should not control our opinions, even if we want to hold inaccurate opinions. And I'm gonna say something else, even if we want to.
Speaker 4: Have hateful thoughts that's right.
Speaker 3: You see, a constitutional attorney once told me that wars were not fought to protect chocolate chip recipes.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Think about it that I don't like hateful speech. I don't like any of that. Come on, you know I don't.
Speaker 4: But I don't want the government to suppress anything.
Speaker 3: We should have the knowledge, know how and power to suppress it for ourselves or our family.
Speaker 8: Tom, who was it there? The only cure for censoring speech is more free.
Speaker 4: Speech, was it, Franklin benj It wasn't rhetorical? Hey, did you see sixteenth Street mall over the weekend? No, what happened? You really didn't know? Some guy? Uh, I'm shocked you didn't see this man? Go ahead, go ahead? What's going on? Guys? I mean a light attendant on Layover killed in random stabbing on Denver sixteenth Street mall. Another one dead, so too dead, and I believe one in bad shape. He just was indiscriminately stabbing people at the sixteenth Street mall over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh, on two separate days. Yeah, on Saturday it was in the afternoon, and on Saturday he stabbed three people, want to believe died. And then he came back yesterday. He came back yesterday and murdered another person at sixteenth and Mark, this is the wonderful and sixteenth morning. This is our six strengths small here in Denver.
Speaker 4: And they did and listen, they caught him.
Speaker 2: It's a twenty four year old d bag. And I read his I read his criminal record.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: He's been arrested by every county and every municipality around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the meantime he's murdering these people.
Speaker 4: Tom he was bail. Just make sure everybody out there thank your mayor, thank Mayor Johnston for this and all the great people uh in Denver and in the governor's office because he was out for some kind of domestic violence or some sort like on one hundred dollar bond. Oh my god. And he murdered how many people?
Speaker 3: Two? Two are willing the two are murdered over two days.
Speaker 7: He was first arrested, this is going back in history Westminster, then arrested in Denver, then arrested by Adams County, then arrested in Denver again. And it looks like he was out was his one hundred dollars. It looks like he was out on one hundred dollars bond for a sexual contact no consent charge. I don't even know what the hell that means. It sounds like rape.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a tempt Yeah, that sounds like attempted rape.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable. He killed two innocent people.
Speaker 7: So now if you go downtown Denver, listen, I don't care what the mayor Johnson says. You go down there, you might get killed by somebody that's been released numerous times.
Speaker 3: So the question is, folks, do you like on your strawberries that chocolate see of sugar or caramel? Do you like sugar, sugar of color.
Speaker 4: Or white sugar? That's what I want to know anyway.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know, the pendulum is certainly swinging back and forth. You know, I don't think it's ever good. It goes too far one way or the other. But I mean, I think, are we in a bubble or are people rejecting? Are they speaking, we're the we're we're We're where the woke spoke?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's a rejection of wokeism or the government, the economy? What really is going on? I don't think there is a surge of hatred. I don't really believe that. But all the doom and gloom and the Mark always says to me, Tom, what do you mean all the what you reading?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Because I always, I really do tend to skew when I read stuff on stuff I don't agree with, because that's where I learn the most of what people are thinking, not people that just cheer on what I already believe.
Speaker 4: So I always look for, you know, the the other thoughts.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we got to take a break, and I do want to tell you about a great company, One Clear Choice Garage Doors. They'll come out in a moment. Well, you know, make an appointment. Twenty four to seven is what I mean. If you can't get your door closed, can't get it open, have a broken spring? Any garage door issue all their prices on their website, One clear Choice Garage Doors. They're a great company, One clear Choice Doors dot com. So garage is not in the website. It's one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven