Speaker 1: Four doors, four belts.
Speaker 2: That was only three clicks? Where's the last click?
Speaker 3: Someone isn't wearing their seat belt?
Speaker 2: I need to ask them to put it on. But what if you laughs at me? What if the others take off their belts in solidarity? What if I don't ask? However bad you think asking will be, it's nothing compared to what could happen if you don't.
Speaker 4: Would you mind wearing your seat belt?
Speaker 2: No problem? Asking your mates to wear seat belt won't kill you every time, every trip?
Speaker 1: Everybody belt up.
Speaker 2: A message from the Road Safety Authority.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a GAST Classics twenty twenty six, four exceptional limited series hand picked for their journalism, craft and storytelling, including Sweet Bobby had quote him red handed west Core.
Speaker 6: The trial turned on a single witnesses testimony.
Speaker 5: The witness as, I didn't do it, so that's why I'm standing here. Carrie Jay does not exist.
Speaker 7: She offered them exactly that, and then just bails.
Speaker 5: To find out more. Head to ACAST dot com. Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 8: Welcome to Where Did the Road Go? Be sure to check us out online at www dot Where did the Road Go dot com. Now enjoy this edition of the Midweek podcast.
Speaker 7: Yes, welcome to Where Did the Road Goes? Midweek podcast. I have a few of these an't going to be putting up for one reason or another that don't fit into the main show. This you can actually watch the video of if you go to our YouTube channel oder the video section of Where didthroadgo dot com. However, if you prefer to just listen to the interview, we have here a conversation with Lard Scranton and John Anthony West. And John was kind enough to invite us out to his home and you can see that on the video, and he was just such an amazing person to be able to sit and talk to laired as well. The conversations that happened off the off camera were just as fascinating as the camera the conversation on camera. Lair drops some big bombshells here near the end of this one too, and we get into a little bit of what may be coming up in alternative archaeology. So I hope you enjoy this, and I do have some other midweeks I'm going to be putting up at some point, dealing with stuff that may be a little bit outside the typical subject matter of Where did the Road Go. For instance, the next one will probably be the one with Aaron Gullias and Devo Spice talking about Doctor Who. I know there's probably a lot of Doctor Who fans and the where at the Road Go audience, But I'm not going to air it as a regular show. It was actually done for our last eggsit for the Lost Music Show, but I think it would. It deserves, you know, an airing here and if you don't want to hear it, you just don't bother. So yeah, we'll see what else I end up putting up in the midweek spot now and again, all right, without any further ado, here's Lad Scranton and John Anthony West. All right, so we are here with mister John Anthony West and Laird Scranton, and we're in John's home at the moment.
Speaker 2: This is your home, right, Yes, this is my home all right, some soon to become a museum.
Speaker 7: And your large selection of books behind you. Yes, now, I guess let's let's start with this. I mentioned this to you already. Graham Hancock just recently posted a video with Zahid Hawass kind of blowing up. What were your thoughts on all that?
Speaker 2: Well, there are a lot of long to try and keep them a bit briefer. Graham is a good friend, actually, and I am, miraculously, given the history of the liaison, actually pretty very good terms with Zahi. Doesn't understand how good our evidence is. But we're cordial. We have drinks together and sometimes the dinner together when I'm over in Egypt. And I could see that this was not going to be a successful venue. No matter what, nobody was going to come out smelling of roses in principle, and mainly, I should say, because in a real debate, Graham would have made mincemeat out of Zahi. He wouldn't have had a leg to stand on, and Zai would not have liked that. And the press, if there was going to be any particularly it was the academic or as I call it, the quackademic press, would rally behind Zahi, even though they really don't have a lot of respect for him. So I could see that this was no good. But Graham said, well, he'd already committed to it and he had to go through with it. And I'm not so sure Zai was too anxious about it either, because my great friend who organizes my trips for me, Mohammad Nasmi who runs Quest Travel. There's all my Egypt trips. He's a good friend of Zahi's too, And we know, we saw that nothing good was going to come of it, but we none of us had any idea that it would be this kind of a crazy thing to happen. Because Belval showed up in a slide for as Orion theory, which is central to the whole lost civilization ancient you know, lost civilization, very ancient Egypt scenario was on the was on one of Graham's slides for opening the show, and Zai has an absolute loathing for Boval, and this is mutual. But Zai, I mean, there was absolutely no reason for him to explode the way he did and turn this whole thing into, you know, something like I didn't know a cross between Full Metal Jacket and the Marx Brothers the others. And so whether or not there's going to be any any repercussions, I'm still waiting. I mean, this is only a few days ago. I hope not, because this could have it could have, it could reverberate and make it more difficult for us to get certain kinds of work done in Egypt than it already is. On the other hand, there might be a way too, There might be a way to use it for our own benefit and for the benefit of the whole actually, for the whole, the whole research project, if we can turn it around in some way or another. I'll be talking with Mohammed and see if we can somehow or another make some that makes something constructive out of it. It doesn't look very possible given those Facebook postings and the nature of the Zai's blow up. But Graham, as Graham comported himself, I thought very brilliantly. He was absolutely calm and cool and collected. And we'll see where are any thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, this is a field where tempers sometimes flare, and tantrums are not uncommon. I've seen a few myself over the years. Zahi and Robert will have a long sad history back and forth on issues between the two of them, and cross accusations and cross you know, blowing up with each other in print and so forth. It seems like a convenient excuse to bow out of a debate that Zahi might not have wanted to participate in.
Speaker 7: H That's a good point, all right. So we could start with either of you, how did you get let's start with Lair. How did you get interested in researching Egypt and the Dogon?
Speaker 1: It was actually by accident. My wife, Reesa, who happens to be here today, had read a book called Unexplained by Jerome Clark, where each chapter of the book involved some unresolved mystery, and one of the chapters was about the Dogan and about knowledge they seemed to have about astronomy that they there wasn't appropriate to their status as a modern primitive African tribe. They shouldn't know and be able to detect without telescopes, that there are two stars in that system, that bright star like the Sun, and a small dark star that's a dwarf star, but that orbits so closely to the bright star that you can't see it because of the glare of the bright star. And they knew things like the correct or period for the stars, and they knew they had other other opinions about aspects of that system that even astronomers today haven't able to necessarily verify. They have hints of, but haven't verified. So I thought that that would make an interesting research project for myself, just for fun, and that took me down a long path that has led to comparative cosmology studies between cultures.
Speaker 7: And John how long ago did you get interested in Egypt? Has it been a lifelong thing?
Speaker 2: No? No, it started in the middle sixties or so. And I'll go back a bit further than that. At a very early age, I was never a boy genius. You know, they turn on your television every week there's some eight year old kid playing they told him violins and not an upside down while standing on his head and eating ice peaking. It really makes you feel stupid. I was never one of those. But what a way was I was? I was psychologically precocious. I knew at the age of thirteen that I had been born into a lunatic asylum. And everybody else thought it was just great and called it progress and all of that, but I knew it was a madhouse. And by the time I was nineteen, I knew what I wanted to do, which was to be a writer, and I wanted to be the little boy who said the Emperor has no clothes. And I started but I had no thought ever of scholarship, and basically my modus operandi was with satire. And I started writing. I started getting published plays and novel, novel, book of short stories, and then I moved when when my first short story was published or accepted, I was wildly and I was working on Madison Avenue. I was twenty five, wildly enough, with a woman who, thank God wouldn't have me, and otherwise I had stayed there and gotten around to writing the Man in the dark gray blinds suit, and the one and the Men in the double breasted dark gray flannel suit, and so on, and anyway, I've been in Europe a year and a half in the Army of fifty three to fifty five, and so I wanted to go back to Europe where they named streets after poets, to get my writing done. And again, more long story that I found my way to this magical island of Abisa, which became the party capital of the world. Then it wasn't the party capital of the world. It was this essentially medieval island, but with a burgeoning and interesting art colony. Most everyone were, as art colonies tend to be drunks or junkies, but a few of us actually managed to get some work done, even though we didn't drink any less than the other guys. But over the course of being an avisa. More long story, Well, I'll cut a charge. A good friend of mine who's a Dutch novelist, a very good one. Actually, I went to borrow some paper. My friend is. Remember this is a medieval island. There's only one place that sells paper. And it was a Sunday and I ran out of paper. So I went to his place. Just we lived on the beach right right on the Mediterranean Sea, a little adobe. I had a little adobe and sort of like this, except with that with the Mediterranean in front instead of the waterfalls. And the rule was if you were actually trying to get some work done that you didn't barge you. And nobody had telephones. It was no communication. You didn't just because you were feeling bored or depressed, you had writer's block, knock on somebody's door and expect them to treat you to know, another gallon of wine, and so very apologetically, you know, yeah, and I really need some patents, okay, okay. And he went and he got some paper for me, and I noticed on his desk he had something going on in his desk at all of these little pie charts divided into parts. When he came out, he said, I said, what's that young and he said he said, oh, he said, you caught me. I don't tell people about this, but I'm an astrologer and I do this. I do people's charts of celebrities in Holland to make some extra money. And I knew John Well. We were good friends for a couple of years. He was a generation older than I was. He's been a war hero in the in the resistance press during during the Second World War. And I said astrology. I said, oh, there's a bunch of bullshit, isn't it. And he looked at me square in the eye, big, tall, straight, looked like a retired British colonel, and he said do you think I meant do you think I'm a fool? And I said, well, no, you're drunk, but you've got a fool. And he said, I've been studying this for about twenty years, and I tell you there's something to it. And my next question, of course, was well would you do my horoscope? And he said no, get stuffed to your own. Made a bunch of books, and since anything is easier than writing, I took them home back to my place and I spent the weekend trying to craft my own horoscope and ended up with something that was botched, But there was enough in it. I was not very interested in the predicting, prediction, predictive side of astrology. I was interested in it for its number symbolism, and for its symbolism in general, and for the insistence by the astrologers that it was a sacred science that went much further back than it is credited with going back to. In other words, you go to a modern science class, or you're a history class and the subject of astrology comes up, of course your professor will sneer, and he will say, well, this is a Babylonian superstition that was made rational by the Greeks, but of course we know better and it's all nonsense. I was intrigued by the notion that maybe it wasn't all nonsense. And then over the course, so with my big mouth, my Palion had managed to keep the secret for the years, but this time we had been four or five years in the visa and he had not told people about this, but me, with my big mouth, I had to tell everybody. And then I got turned off the predictive side of it when it turned out because everybody wanted their horoscope done, so this was good practice to do all of these things. The women all wanted to be told that they were going to meet the toll dark, handsome stranger, and the men all wanted to be told that they were geniuses and was soon going to come into a million dollars. And I realized that that's all they wanted to hear, and I said, I had no real talent for the predicted side of it. Anyway. Anyway, one of the people on a visa not a close friend, but a friend who was a cafe society at some point seeing my interest vocal interest in astrology, is that I think there's a book that you ought to read. And he gave you a book called A Theory of Celestial Influence who was written by a man named Rodney Collin. And this was really fascinating. This was exactly was a theory of why astrology could, should, and would work again, not necessarily as a predictive tool, but as a let's say, as a factor within the cosmos, within the cosmology. And it turned out that Colin was a pupil of ger Jeff, of gi Gerjeff, and gradually, gradually my friend led me into the Gerd Jeff work, and which I've been in since that time, as a lot of years have gone into the Gerjeff work and out of Gerdjeff. Gerjeff is I don't know if you're how many people in your audience will know about him. You don't want to read Gerdjeff for yourself right off, it's like taking your first driving lesson in a Ferrari. But anybody who's interested. As a book by one of his most gifted students named p. D Uspensky o U spe n Sky called In Search of the Miraculous, which is a good introduction to Gerjeff's system and effectively what Gerjeff. What attracted me about ger Jeff initially was that he was the only human being I'd ever read or encountered posthumously he died in forty nine who was as contemptuous of Western civilization as I was. The difference was that he who had to live in it and I didn't, and it it became it was very clear to me that I had to learn how to live in it, which I do now with relatives relatively successfully. But anyhow so that led me to the ger Jeff work. Gerd Jeff was talking all along about ancient Egypt and ancient civilizations in general being at a much higher and much more conscious level than our own. That fascinated me. And then we moved from My first wife was an actress, Welsh actress of one eighth Irish and it was named Katie Dolan. And I'd been in the v some of nine years and it was time to get out. It was getting full of tourists and it was time to go anyway, and I wanted to get in with one of the groups that was practicing this Gird Jeff system. And meanwhile I got I had my novel published at a novel published called Osborne's Army, which one of these days I will republish. Self republished. It was almost a movie on several occasions. England almost didn't anyway. The the editor of my novel was a d Cambridge trained mathematician rat very opposite me in a philosophically atheist rationalist, but we were nevertheless good friends. And one day the subject of astrology came up. We are having a jar in a pub one day one night, and subject came up and he said, well, that's a bunch of Cottswalop, and I said, well, actually it isn't the subject I know a lot about and I could give you if I bring in some documentation. I said, you you could make there's a lot of evidence, some of it a little of it direct, but a lot of it indirect, and you could build a case for astrology. And he said, well, I'd like to see that. So I brought in the documentation and he said, well, he said, I'm not convinced that this is definitely interesting. Would you do a book on it? And my answer is a standard answer to a question like that, as yell do a book on anything if you'll pay me some money. But it's not quite like that, but close. And so all of a sudden there I was having to do scholarship with a book called The Case for Astrology, and in doing I was now in a Gerdjeff group. In doing the research for the astrology book, somebody directed me to a novel in two parts, two volume novel called harbach aht rb Ak. I bought two parts to it and by a woman named Isha Schwalla Dulubitch, and so I got this book out. It had been translated from the French. In the one Essotery bookstore in England at that time still there called Watkins, and started reading it and it was horrible as a novel, but the portrait of Egypt that it painted. I don't know why people think it's easy to write a novel just because you're smart and have some good ideas. That easy. Anyhow, kept referring back to the footnotes. Its strange they have footnotes in a novel, but lots and lots of footnotes referring to a book called the Tampa de Lum the Temple of Man, written by her husband r Aischwallee de Lubique's the Genius with the unpronounceable name. And finally I couldn't find this book. Of course I went to the British Museum and sure enough they had a copy which had never been read. Because in those days, I think it's different now. French books don't have the signatures cut. So you get a French book, you had to cut the signatures yourself, which is sort of a rite of passage. It was sort of something viscerally satisfying about cutting the pages of a French book and it was your book. There's Shawl right behind me. There somewhere and anyway before we were talking about this informed intuition. Once I had those pages cut, I just sort of riffled through like this and realized that the sky had done something absolutely amazing. He had reformulated the sacred science of the ancients that everybody since the ancient Greeks had been talking about. And it's complicated subject with bits and pieces, came down to us through alchemy and astrology and number symbolism and neoplatonism and all of these other disciplines. They're always called the Hermetic, the Hermetic sciences or the Hermetic medic sciences. They call they're the Hermetic sciences through sciences, but they would they've never been put together in a manner that is, let's say, accessible to our twenty first center of the twentieth century Western intellects. So I just dropt on my friendship. This time was through the entry level, but I just down tools and it was all the way the other side of London from where we lived, and every morning i'd go to the library, we get there at opening time and stay there with the dictionary by my side, fighting my way through this impenetrable book, you know, learning French along the seem like madness in retrospect. By the time I was done, I really understood Schwaler pretty well. And I included in the astrology book called The Case for Astrology, which were about to republish, as well, a long chapter devoted to Schwaler, which really didn't belong. I just felt this was so important and it was not in English anyway. Astrology book came out. Publishers came to me and said, would you do a book on Schwaler, And I said, yeah, you bet this because this interested me more than the astrology actually, which is I'm fascinating. But I was not a practicing astrologer, and I didn't see it was not a discipline. You couldn't use it anyhow, or you couldn't use it for your own inner work, let's say. And so in doing the research for The Serpent in the Sky, that book on Schwaler on Symbolist Egypt, I ran across. There was one long chapter where Schwalla's talking about the Egyptian in the Egyptian of insistence that their own civilization went thousands and thousands of years back further into the past. And Schwoller put together this scholarly argument, which was very well done, but it's not science. And at the end of this long chapter came out with a single line that was, oh, yes, and of course the Great Sphinx of Giza shows unmistakable signs of aquatic erosion. And I realized the penny dropped in the slot, and I realized that that was science, or that should be science. That's geology. Either it's water weather or it's not water weather. And I knew a little bit about it. I'm not a geologist, but I knew a little bit about geology, Egyptian geology, and I knew that the Sahara was a relatively new desert ten thousand ye or so, and that if the Sphinx was really weathered by water, it had to have been carved at a time when there was a lot there in one way or another. All of this is a lot more complicated than I'm being able to get to, but anyway, you get the general drift of it. And so that started another long quest in which I had to track down I mean, I had to do a lot of geological research, and there were enough signs along the way. I went to see certain geologists and played a little trick on one of them of that's in the Mystery of the Shinx, that Charlton Heston video that we did. Anyway, there was enough evidence there, so I was sure I was on the right track. And so when the book came out seventy nine, I guess it was basically ignored and attempts to get geologists to verify my own research, they didn't want to talk to me. And eventually, through another weird set of circumstances, I got in touch with my colleague Robert Schalk. Was it about as highly credentialed a young geologist as the geologist could be more long story got him over to Egypt. He the most cautious man in the world that getting a declarative sentence out of him was like pulling teeth with no novacane. And finally he said, well yeah, he said, I can't refute this. Let's go for it. And we did a presentation at the GSA, that's the Geological Society of America annual meeting back in ninety one. I guess it was and we would have I mean that the Geological the GSA realized that this was a hot button issue, so there were there were we had press conferences, and all of a sudden this was really front front page, frontline, gee, scientific thing all over the world. I mean, this is a big deal. And when side note here is worth telling Shock that used to not like me telling this, but I will tell it. And since he now doesn't care. But we were being interviewed by the science press, by the mainstream press. The guy Shot teaches geology at at Boston University still does, and the the science editor of the of the Boss and Globe called me, called called us up and wanted to interview us. And so Shot this his usual polite academic self. And when he got me on the on the on the phone, he said, well, you know, why is it that the geologists seemed very happy with this theory and the egyptologists and the archaeologists are are you know, hurling abuse at you? And I said, well, you know this is this is a theory that's about weathering patterns in rocks, and when it comes to weathering patterns in rocks, an archaeologists or an egyptologist's opinion is no better than a proctologist. And they published that did not put Shock in great thing with his colleagues, and one of a woman who is will go nameless here one of his woman archaeologists, Egyptologists. I think, well maybe both Cholics Egyptology wrote this scathing personal character assassination of shock in the local Boston paper, Boston Journal, you know, the THEU Journal. And I said, you know you can't take this stuff. I mean, he said, no, let it be it's I said, well, I said, do you mind if I writer a letter where you know why? You go ahead? So I did, and I said, look, I understand your archaeology department is upset about this proctologist comparison. And they said, you should know. The proctologists didn't like it either, They said there they said, their job was to cure sick asshold they didn't like being compared to them. So this did not win me any friends in the Boston University Archaeology department. And so it stands twenty what is this now, must be ninety or ninety one, So that's twenty five years ago. Anyway, one thing led to the other, and all of a sudden, there we had again all of this is a long story, but a very interesting one. All of a sudden, there we had Charlton Heston as our host in the Mystery of the Sphinx, which was this huge, international, immense success that we managed to make no money out of, believe it or not, partly because my partner in it was this wild man. Without him, it never would have happened, so I don't even hold it against him. But he stole one hundred and fifty thousand dollars from the Tilt, which did not help with our investors. And then we had to cut a contract with the TV company with the distributors, which are in those days with Trimark, who are now incorporated into Lionsgate, and the contract was written, we knew that no matter how big a success it was, we'd never see a penny of it, which we didn't. But it put us all, all of us, It put us on the map. And so now we're all set to go because we've been accumulating evidence ever since then. This is twenty five years and we now have loads of further evidence and we're looking to do a major follow up upgrade. Those aren't really the right words. It's a total It's the original theory but transformed into something much bigger, with the philosophy behind it, and Syblest Egypt behind it and all sorts of other things. So if anybody really rich is listening in and wants to support something that's actually going to change history around, because it will. The first one is still people remember it. All those years. We estimate that about probably at least a couple of hundred million people saw that original Mystery of the Sphinx, and I believe that's.
Speaker 8: What we know.
Speaker 2: Sound.
Speaker 7: I believe it's on YouTube now, Yeah, I think people you just look it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, on Netflix too, so you can actually pay a couple of dollars for it. When we get three cents.
Speaker 7: Three more sensitive thing get it?
Speaker 1: And they didn't, right, Actually, yeah you what he had to say, please, Like a lot of people in this field, and the separating the sky was an entry point for me into into studies about Egypt. What I didn't realize at the point that I read it was that it would come back around now to being having cutting edge significance to the work that i'd been doing. That one of the key links between new regions that I've been exploring and ancient Egypt in Africa lies with the idea of a building a house. The form of a house in Neolithic times around thirty two hundred BC, where the symbolism of the house relates to cosmology and is a central piece in linking the traditions together. This is like point A to what the Temple of Man would be Point Z far less sophisticated, but it ties back to ancient mythology, ancient myths in India, ancient myths in Egypt where cosmological symbolism has played out relation to houses. There's a myth in India of about a goddess named Debbie who visits seven houses, and if you explore the plot line of the myth, as she arrives at each house, she finds a housewife in the house who's performing a particular act. And those acts if you look up the ancient Egyptian word for what it is the housewife does, it's a homonym for a cosmological term. Each of these these actions represent a stage of cosmology. There are seven houses that relate to seven stages of creation of matter, and the actions also relate to the personal needs of a person. If you have any familiarity with psychology, there are theories maslow I think theory of levels of personal need that had to be satisfied in a particular sequence. While this cosmology plays in terms of those levels of need, but it also plays out in relation to phonetics that relate to the goddess Neath. And so in the end you see Neath as being a counterpart to this goddess DEBI who visits the houses, and you understand that the symbolism of Neath relates to these levels of need. It's as if you were a household goddess. I haven't read anything that really explores origins for the goddess Neath, but this approach into it gives you a foot out of toe hold into the possibility of explaining where Neath might have come from. You go to an Egyptian myth that's actually related in the Book of the Dead, about a dead spirit who visits seven houses, and you get into all sorts of very detailed information about cosmology. The spirit, instead of finding a housewife at each house, discovers three gods at each house, and those gods are performing certain actions and are in certain relationship to one another, and those relationships define cosmological concepts. So this is this from my perspective, the concept of the Temple of Man is an evolved version of this very central symbolism that relates to the cosmology.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you know that's really interesting because in the gurdjeff work the symbols. The central symbol of the gurdjet work is called the aneogram, which is which is a seven, which combines the seven and the three right, actually the three of the principles of positive, negative and reconciling principles, and the seven the thing and action in between, basically the seventh stages of process, which find expression again in the seven days of creation, and seven is always a number that is associated with process or growth. So all of this stuff comes back to us now, and it's even. It's even by the standards of contemporary science apropos, except that it's much more complete because the contemporary scientists are cosmologists, although most part, not all of them, some of them have a bit of a mystical sense to them. But for the most part, we mean consciousness out of the equation, right, and in the ancient myths, all of this is the result of consciousness deciding for reasons of its own to manifest.
Speaker 1: Right that there are parallels, but in the processes of creation that include how consciousness emerges and the idea that matter is multiple divisions of multiplicity that emerge from unity. Consciousness plays the same way that consciousness are multiple divisions. Each individual is a division of unified consciousness.
Speaker 7: Okay, so basically you're saying that that matter arises from consciousness, not to feel the way around.
Speaker 1: We're saying that the processes that create one are parallel to the processes that creed together and maybe intertwined with the processes that creed together.
Speaker 2: And Set in Egyptian sets the bad guy. They sometimes call him the god of evil. There's no such thing as a god of evil. If there's a god of evil, his name is Dick Cheney. But set Set, according to Schwaler, Set is a great god who has to be worshiped as well. And Set is he who imprisons spirit in matter. So, in other words, spirit is essential to matter. But our job as human beings, and this here comes in Gerdja and all of the esoteric traditions that ever were, Our job is to throw our own inner work, to free the spirit from the matter and make it no longer a slave to it. This is a very difficult thing to do, but that's the essence of it. So it's very useful, particularly when you study when you go into the mythologies, and various of them in lads have done this, you know, in very very sophisticated fashion, to realize that all of them are talking. All of them are talking about a certain kind of variations of the same inner discipline. In other words, what all of them are saying is that we're here for a reason. It's not that that reason isn't accident or natural selection. It's that we're created with a job to do, which is to free the spirit from the matter.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so let me through an easy question. How would you define reality?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the traditions I have studied define reality as being an illusion. That reality is a reflected image. It's a shadow or a reflection of a reality that exists at a more fundamental level in the form of waves. According to the Dogan, our material reality is a correct reflection of that underlying reality. Some of the traditions don't think so. If you talk to an astrophysicist, there are random processes involved that that mean that what we see might not look like what the underlying reality would be.
Speaker 7: But in my traditions it is okay, what about you, how would you define reality?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends what you mean by reality. So in other words, yes, that the material, material reality that we tend to accept as the only reality is like Plato's the myth of the Cave, a reflection of the real reality, which is metaphysical. It is back to set again. It's it's reality is spirit, Spirit is consciousness. That's the ultimate reality. And then it takes all of these myriad forms in its its myriad manifestations. But it's certainly not what generally speaking, the Wall three Journal called reality.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, if we were to go back in time, how far back do you think advanced human cultures.
Speaker 2: Go depends what you mean by advance only the what's advanced.
Speaker 7: Well, not necessarily advanced like us, but knowledge, knowledgeable as opposed to.
Speaker 2: Well, look we we now have. I mean, we've been talking about this for a long time and everybody's been saying, oll, it's all hunt the gatherers back then for the sphinx. We don't know when the sphinx was built. Car ages Ago Quebec we Tepe is really important because it is the smoking gun they the archaeologists dated to ten thousand at least, and as they keep on excavating which is a very slow process keeps it keeps getting older rather than newer. I think they started excavating low and probably when they keep going higher up this hill, they'll be getting older and still older. Dates Laird I think has done a really good job because everybody's been talking about the relief work on it, the Holy carbon, and I think lad has done a really solid job showing that this is reflecting the same cosmological symbolism that they had in Egypt. But now we're talking about ten thousand eleven thousand BC, so it's in place then. And this whole thing about hunter gatherers is another kind of a barrel of red herrings because the understand that, or the let's say, the party line, is that hunter gatherers are more primitive than farmers. Well, this is really stupid. I mean, if you can get your food, it's a lot more fun to go hunt and fish for your food than it is to hold the earth and so on. Farming is really a step down. And in fact, you don't even need go Beckley Tepe. You have to go back to the Paleolithic caves. Now we're talking about thirty thousand BC in Chauvet. This is genius work. I mean, this is how they did it is unbelievable, presumably with their hands. The fabulous artwork on the walls of these caves use how what for? But the people primitive do not produce masterpieces. And that's all there is to it. So the notion that these people before were primitive comes from a peculiar position. Actually it comes from people who only know how to use their heads, and not very well at that. These are basically uncreative people who have never written an advertising jingle, much less a sonnet, and they certainly not painted a picture or designed a cathedral. And they're telling us that these past people who produced this genius work are primitive, and we're we with our hydrogen bombs in our strike toothpaste and our bubble head dolls, we're progressive. It's exactly wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I always love the argument we're the coke bottles. If there was an advanced civilization as well, maybe they were more advanced than us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually this is the exact line people, Mark Lane or the loyal opposition who when we had our thing after the the GSA meeting and there was a debate of a so called at the Triple as that's the American Association for the Advancement of Science. And he was arguing from the you know, from the hunter gatherer point of view, and said, show me a pot yard. And my response was, well, it was such an advanced civilization they used paper cups, so you wouldn't see a pot yard. So that they in other words, they don't understand what makes a civilization a civilization. For example, if if the the objective is to release, is to release the spirit from its prison of matter, then it doesn't matter if it's it doesn't matter if it's hunter gatherers or whatever it is. For example, you can postulate, as I mean, sacred dances around the world everybody has. All the old civilizations are sacred dance. You could have a civilization of enlightened beings who expressed themselves through dance and you'd never know a single thing about them. But it's that practice that determines where they are within themselves and how they pass their day. So they have to rethink the whole thing. And basically everything that you've ever learned in school is probably wrong, actually sometimes right maybe, but it's it's trivial. Almost all of it is absolutely trivial. And in order to get to anywhere I was lucky. I realized there was a bunch of bullshit from the very beginning. So I didn't learn too much, not at school. I didn't accept what they taught me of. But so you have to, you have to rethink all of all of these things. And now there are enough of us. It's the whole cottage industry or Schlaird is coming at it from the cosmological point of view. I come up from the symbolists, from the the the esoteric side of things. Shack is coming at it from a scientific point of view. But there are quite another of us now, and we unless it explodes before we get a chance to get our own numbers up to the state where we actually make a difference At the moment, we don't wear a side issue, but you know, never to know the material is there to actually turn the whole thing around in principle, right.
Speaker 7: Any thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, one of the things John has pointed out before is you know that a lot of researchers come to these questions from a point of view of engineering. How did they lift the blocks into a pyramid, or why did they build with larger blocks as opposed to smaller blocks. You know, from an engineering standpoint, you can answer those questions in certain ways. But John points out what a markedly different effect it has on a person to be standing in a temple that's built from seven hundred and ton blocks, that to be standing in a building that was built from bricks. And so the question, the framework, the point of view from which you frame the questions makes a difference on what kind of an answer you come to about it. As far as technology, as we understand it being progress, you know, being able to create flying machines and so forth, it only took a few thousand years for us to develop those. Mankind has been around long enough that that could have happened many, many, many, many many times, and after five thousand years we wouldn't have a trace of it. So it's hard to argue that it hasn't happened.
Speaker 7: Before I found it interesting they had done the show I want to say. It was called Life After People, and it had people. If everyone has disappeared from the earth at a certain point, what would be left in subsequent centuries? And pretty much by ten thousand years, everything was gone right aside from like the Big Dam we built in the Midwest. That was the only thing that would remain if it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't carved in stone. We don't know about.
Speaker 7: It right exactly. And they even mentioned that on that day is a stellar a cosmic map to tell us what it was built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, see they're looking at it from a they're looking at it from a materialist point of view. As I just said, you could have the highest civilization in the world doing nothing but gathering nuts and you know, and hunting hunt, running down deer, but practicing dances that put them in touch that freed the spirit. That basically it's freed the spirit. I mean, in the Gurdja work, we have certain what they call movements which are unbelievably difficult to do, and I must say I'm pretty terrible at them. But every once in a while you get it right, even if it's just momentarily, and suddenly you realize what it's like to free the spirit from the body, even if it's just momentary, And by extrapolating, you realize that people who can do that at a much higher level than ourselves are there all the time. I mean, I think some of the Tibetan Lamas and the Indian and the Indian gurus and people that the saints of Christianity got there through their own inner work, and it's very difficult to do that in this corrupted society of ours.
Speaker 7: What do you think about the concept of golden ages and such being related to levels of consciousness that we're in.
Speaker 2: I absolutely believe in it, but the specifics are very mysterious and everybody has a different view of it. When you go to Egypt, I mean I do these Egypt trips all the time. Four of them are over a year, and at the end of those two weeks Egypt scene through symbolist eyes, you really understand that. I often start lectures out by saying Egypt is like sex, and that gets everyone's attention. But it really is because in the sense that you can read about it, and that's intellectually invigorating perhaps, and then you can look the picture. Isn't thatsn't the kind of invigoration, But you don't actually understand it until you've experienced it, not at all. So when you spend a couple of weeks in Egypt with one masterpiece after another, day after day after day, at the end of a couple of weeks, you understand the difference between what was actually civilization and what we call progress. And when you get that, when that lesson sinks in, then the Yogas come into play, because you see that these unbelievable ones only in Egypt, that there's so much left that you can experience it. Other places have a bit of an air, a bit of it there, but Egypt has lots of it. Then you see if you try to extrapolate that we with our with our mindset, couldn't produce one of these temples. We couldn't produce the least of those temples. I mean, it's so alien to our way of thinking. We couldn't do it. We wouldn't know how to do it. And yet when you go into them, even if in ruins, I mean, people break down and cry. They they have these profound emotional experiences. We can get this to a certain extent. Still in certain classical Bach gets there, and Monteverdi gets there, and Beethoven gets there. We have we have pieces of it that take us there, But in Egypt you don't. You don't. We don't have any buildings that take us there. We are actually immersed in the midst of the symphony, and so this is the and and you can't convey that. I mean, you know, we got a video going here, but it's not going to it's it's not gonna produce the effect of the Temple of Luxor or the Pit Temple or anything of the sort. But it it's there, and when you you can get us some of it from as I said, from reading, and some of it from good videos. There were good shows out there, which but it's not the same as being there.
Speaker 7: Okay, hey, folks, what he said. How did you feel when Gobecay Teppek came out?
Speaker 2: I said, oh, well, I guess this is it that makes me feel when it comes to my colleagues. From the most part, Laird doesn't feel the same way that I did. Graham Hancock of the others. They're not really out to murder the opposition. The skeptics often say, they're not skeptics, they're debunkers. If you want to if you want to convince skeptics. I don't want to convince skeptics. I want to destroy them. So when Gobecley Teppe came out put it this way, it made me feel the way I imagine a cannibal chieftain must feel watching a boatload of missionaries approach this was. This was is the smoking gun because they dated to that day. And once they've done that, they can no longer say that anything is possible, that any of these amazing things, you know, can't be older than they say they are, because there they have it. And then there's a ton of ancillary evidence. If you go to Egypt and you see the so called solar boat, this is the best boat up to the clipper ships. They could have gone anywhere with that boat, Australia, New Zealand, Antarctica. They could go anywhere with this fantastic boat. So there's no reason why they couldn't much earlier, being that's this twenty five hundred BC that you see pre dynastic pictures of boats that look like the same form of boat. They can go anywhere with these, With these boats, and if they know how to navigate, and since they hadn't advanced ustrapas astronomy, they could navigate. So all of these things are not necessarily answered by go Beckley tepe, but it means that they can't use they can no longer use the bullshit rationalizations as they have been using for all of these years to shoot the theories down.
Speaker 7: Okay, it is sort of the Pottery Shards.
Speaker 2: Yep, it is big pottery shart Twelvettery Shards.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a gast Classics twenty twenty six four exceptional limited series hand picked for their journalism, craft and storytelling, including Sweet Bobby at Quote Him Retounded west Core.
Speaker 9: The trial turned on a single witnesses testimony.
Speaker 5: The witness as I didn't do it, so that's why I'm standing here. Carrie Jay does not exist.
Speaker 7: She offers them exactly that, and then just.
Speaker 5: Bails to find out more. Head to ACAST dot com Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 7: And your thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that farther back in time you go. The trick here it gets to try to do what I call anchoring interpretation. One of the standards I have for myself is that I try to base interpretations on flat statements by the cultures i'm studying. In other words, it's not that I think it means such and such. It's that the Egyptians say here in this text it means such and such. And find other cultures that have the same practice or the same symbol, who saw it the same way, and now you have a place to start from that's solid. If you go back before three thousand BC, you lose written texts, and without the written text it becomes a much more interesting process to try to anchor an interpretation. Go back to the Tepic gives us lots of really interesting structure to work with, and the carvings to work with and symbolism to work with, but in a context where there are not traditional ways to anchor it. And so part of my work has been trying to make linkage in ways that seems sensible to people. Language, as it turns out, in the absence of writing, is a very useful tool for being able to do that because words evolved in particular ways with particular cultures, and important words tend to stay in the language of a culture for a very long time. And so if you can demonstrate what a word means for various cultures, you can infer what the word meant for another culture. That has been one of my approaches.
Speaker 7: So let's talk about some of the new evidence coming to light. Places like Gadam put on Am I saying that right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think, I mean my Endonesia is rather weak, but I have a Southern accent.
Speaker 7: You know, so you haven't been there yet, No, the shock has Okay, what are your thoughts on the place?
Speaker 2: Well, I mirror shock. I mean, left to my own devices, I wouldn't know what to make of it. But he is, as we know, both very expert in these matters and very cautious, and he is cautiously convinced that it is indeed, that it is indeed an artificial structure, even though you can't determine the structure has something to do with these I'm not sure if they're basal formations that should be vertical and that are horizontal. And if they're horizontal, it means that they've been put there, whereas if they're vertical the way they extrude from the earth, this could be I mean I may only be ten percent correct, but this is important. And so Shak has spent a few days there with the guy who's the Indonesian geologist who's been battling his own quacademic colleagues to get them to acknowledge that this thing really is a lot older than when it's supposed to.
Speaker 7: Be I don't know, which is only like two thousand years.
Speaker 2: Or something or something like that that it has to be much much older than that, and shock things again to being a very clarsees guy that's talking about twenty thousand or more years BC. So yeah, but you know, I can't speak from experience, but I'll take his words as let's say, the most authoritative that we have to date.
Speaker 7: That whole area would have been one large continent back twenty thousand years ago. So yeah, do you have any thoughts on it?
Speaker 1: I have a study that the traditions that I go back to tepping forward through exerted influences all through Southeast Asia as far as Australia. They're traditionally understood to have exerted influences that far. So my expectation is that anywhere in there we're going to find things to connect to what I'm looking into. I don't have an opinion as to that site or how old it might actually be. There, there are symbolic indications along the way from if we starting from ten thousand BC and moving forward, there are I have enough of an overview of enough different cultures to realize that certain elements fit in certain places in that timeline, and so if I were more familiar familiar with it, I could probably place certain things in broad strokes if they know if it was matriarchal or patriarchal culture, you can you can pinpoint time frames based just on that. Okay, how because there are cross cross cultural reverses that happen. Around three thousand BC, the matriarchal became patriarchally and if the now we show it perfectly that there's a perfect flip of and you can show it through the language that words that in the culture. The earlier cultures were for to matriarchal. Things that God Pnu becomes tained in in the Manic culture, things they're assigned to ta Peinu in the matriarchan culture, going assigned to pain in the later.
Speaker 2: O.
Speaker 1: Cyrus' is myth, the myth of the this member of Cyrus is a story that's told about Sati, a goddess in India. She was dismembered and her her body parts felt earth as pithas standing stones that defined the ritual centers. Really, yeah, so the so part of the way I judge is is a matriarchy of patriarchal. It's matriarchas after three thousand m Z.
Speaker 7: Why do you think there was a sudden shifter on that time period everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's not just that. There are all sorts of other reversals that happen in the cosmology. To Ganesha is a good example that their mythical and that's his head, a white elephant was not his original head.
Speaker 7: Oh right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Now there are not surviving us to tell you what the original head was, but the language points to it having getten out of a mouse. And in Egypt there's an archaic true mouse god whose symbolism connects in certain ways. The problem is that from a cosmological standpoint, you have the symbolism relating to an astronomic structure, which is a macrocosmic structure that intuitively should be associated with a large animal, not a small one. The reversal accomplishes that, and you see that happening again and again, where there are little tweaks and little adjustments to the system of cosmology to put the symbols in line with the things they represent, to make it more intuitive. Now, as far as the matriarchy patriarchy goes, my feeling is this connects to things like ccision. Circumcision is, in my estimation, is a perfect way to get the people who were influenced by the tradition to tag themselves. If you come across the culture that circumcises, that's a signature of the tradition. I'm chasing you can you can tell immediately there was an influence there. The matriarchy patriarchy distinguishes what looks to me to have been an instruction at ten thousand BC is given in relation to the matriarchy. Later instruction was given in relation to the patriarchy. If you were trying to If you were if you had developed a plan of study and you wanted to know, now, which course did I teach had had the beneficial effect on the students, which one succeeded, you'd want ways to be able to track that, and the matriarchy patriarchy flip allows you to do that.
Speaker 7: Wow, Okay. My next question to you, I think, is how old are the pyramids?
Speaker 2: Impossible to say what we see now is probably mostly accurate twenty five hundred BCS, But demonstrably, without any question they are. They are built upon, or superimposed or replace structures that were there before. Even the academics believe later principally that the whole Giza plateau is the one of unified the old pyramid plan, so everything was planned. Nothing was wasn't a Kufu did this, and then Confro came around and said, well, line mine up so that goes straight through. And then their diamond kra comes along and says, oh, I don't have them much money as those guys, so I'm gonna put mine a little way off to the side so they don't think I'm trying to compete. No, it's it's all of a piece. And the Kafro pyramid, particularly the Kara Pyramid, to a certain extent, the Red Pyramid and dashare definitely have elements within them visible that have to date from another period. Because whenever you see whenever you see two different architectural styles incorporated in the same structure, you know you're talking about two different time periods. If you go to your friend's house and he's got this beautiful Victorian house, but it's got an Ikea designed bathroom, you know that that suddenly bought it was a smart Victorian architecture figured out that I have this Aikea design bathroom. No medieval. Let's say you have a Georgian Palladian house or in England eighteenth century, and it's got a medieval and turret incorporated in it. It's not that this guy said, well, who I like medieval though it put a turret and I think no, it's that it was a turret on his property and he said, oh, well, it's some fun. We'll build our manor house around it. So this is absolutely clear, unmistakable. In the Kafra Pyramid slightly less unmistakable, and the Mankara Pyramid the smallest one. The Great Pyramid more difficult, but Chalk and I are working on this. We think we can put forward a good argument that even that, though it seems to be of a piece from the outside, is incorporating still earlier stages in it. The Red Pyramid at Dashur is unmistakably built over and incorporating an earlier and weathered megalithic construction of some sort. So answer to question, what we see is old Kingdom Egypt, but incorporated within it are at least a stage, but probably stages of earlier earlier It's lucky.
Speaker 7: Okay, what do you think the pyramids were for?
Speaker 2: I don't know any more than anyone else, but I know they weren't for tombs.
Speaker 7: Okay, any thoughts on that layer.
Speaker 1: There are as many theories about what they're for as there are books out there. Pretty much that's anybody's guess about that. But it's more certain the kinds of things that they symbolize and what they relate to. They relate to aligned ritual shrines that they back a very long way, starting with cairns stone Cairns have the same symbolism. You see the same symbolism and a hoopah for from a Jewish wedding ceremony. You see the same symbolism associated with a soukka in Judaism. You see the same thing in a yurt in Siberia. You see the same thing in a roundhouse for the Navajo. The symbolism relates to the structure. So whether the pyramids had more sophisticated technological purposes or not is in the base.
Speaker 7: Gas Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Actually one thing in here. There was a typically dismissive video program a few years back. I don't know it's Discover or National Pornographic or one of those guys, And anyway, they were talking about the pyramids and they were calling them wink wink, not not immortality machines. And I think that's exactly right, except you have to take out the wink wink, No not. Egypt is a one issue of civilization, very easy to understand in that sense. It manifests itself with extreme complexity, but it has one focus, and that is the quest for immortality. That's what every religious anything in Egypt is about in one way or another. And of course, in quackademia, you never ever hear other than saying, well, the Egyptians knew how to move two hundred sunstones around it easily, But you never ever hear them say the Egyptians knew. It's always the Egyptians believe the Egyptians believe that the Egyptians believed that this doesn't agree with us, and we know better, but maybe they actually knew, since they built these things that we couldn't possibly emulate today. And it's a pretty safe guess that whatever their function was, it was in order to further this idea or this concept, or this decision to become immortal, which does not mean that the body lives forever. It means that a level of consciousness is attained that is not subject to or that outlived forever. The the you know, the corruptible flesh of the body.
Speaker 7: And how come they have such a fascination with mummification if the goal was to leave the material world.
Speaker 2: Very good question. The only thing I've ever made, I've ever read that makes any sense, because there's something pretty repugnant about that. According to Schwaler, Egypt was the Egyptian doctrine intertwined the let's say, the path of Horace, which becomes Christianity salvation within a single lifetime, with the path of Osiris, which is that of successive reincarnations, similar to Buddhism and Hinduism, and it's very difficult to try to disassociate one from the other. According to Manly Hall, and I don't know where he gets it from, but he was quite a brilliant guy. He said that the understanding was again academics would say, you know, they believed, I don't know what life forget what language manly All used, but that the reason for going to that incredible amount of trouble to mummify a body so that it would never decay was that as long as the physical body remained, the disembodied k or you might say, soul of the deceased would not be obliged to reincarnate. In other ways, you could take his time about it, you know. I mean the Tibetans, for example, have that idea with their Book of the Dead, where the forty nine days, the Lama goes through this long rituals, I don't know if you're already, bro, we have starts out, it's all like paradise, and it gets worse and worse and worse than the Lama keeps saying, well, don't be afraid. That is just your mind projecting this kind of stuff, and keeps getting worse and worse and worse, and finally the Lama says, well, the whole idea is not to come back. And the Lama says, well, you know, you goofed it up. You're going to have to come back better luck next time. So something of that nature. I mean, the whole doesn't use that kind of language, but that to me made sense because otherwise it doesn't make sense. And I'm inclined to believe that whatever the Egyptians did, they're doing for some good reason, just like everything that we do has a good reason. But most of the good reason is to kill people or make money. So this what's the different focus upon the entire civilization.
Speaker 1: Thoughts from a cosmological perspective, When you're creating the fundamental unit of matter, according to the traditions I'm studying, what you're doing is you're creating a wrapped up bundle that's akin to wrapping cloth around a mummy, and the final stage of it is that it started. To explain this, another way of looking at the structure is as seven rays of a star of increasing length inside of a bubble, and the seventh ray grows long enough that the very final thing that happens to that bubble is that the final ray grows long enough to pop it, to burst it, and that initiates the next bubble. Now, if you momify somebody by wrapping them up in that way and the final stage is to open the mouth, it's repeating a sequence that looks cosmological to me. And the product of doing that is you've completed the previous bubble and you're initiating the next one. So there could be easily be a connection to the idea of completion of the previous life and the start initiating the action that starts the next one.
Speaker 7: Isn't it also possible that some of this stuff was lost, like they started doing it for one reason, and overtime just we're doing it for the sake of doing it, because they lost the theme.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think that except very very late in Egypt, there there's some signs that the reasons for doing things might have started to be lost. But for the most part, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm not so sure because in the texts themselves, of the of the New Kingdom Pyramid texts, the scribes who are putting them down are copying older texts and they're saying we effectively they're saying, well, we don't know exactly that.
Speaker 1: Could be true, but by the time the New Kingdom might, I'd say, you're right back. It's you know, that's not that's not that's not that.
Speaker 2: But actually what you were saying, that's very interesting because it's it's not contradictory. But Untraller talks about mummification as I mean, the the mummified body looks is a cocoon, right, and it looks exactly like the cocoon of a of a scarab beetle. So but it's the same thing I mean on the human level, as you were talking about cosmologically, that it goes through all of these stages exactly like fertile is like that which your butterfly goes through, or even a human fetus. It gets quickened and it goes through the stage and the next stage, and then it's born. So the whole idea is, particularly if it's a reincarnational thing, is that it's get it, it's reborn, but through that metamorpho, that that process of metamorphosis. So it's really the same except yours as your description cosmology in mine.
Speaker 1: Is right, and if we understand that those processes were thought of as being parallel, then yeah, then it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes absolutely.
Speaker 7: And how can we never hear about what's inside the smaller two pyramids and the Giza plateau. Everyone focuses on the Great Pyramid.
Speaker 2: Well, they do, but one of the reasons is that there's nothing inside except the couple of chambers that nobody understands. But yeah, it's true, and in fact I don't know either, but both of the interior chambers of both of those pyramids is a good argument for being built in several stages because there are certain blind alleys and strange shifts of where the passages are going that absolutely don't make any sense. I mean, they certainly don't make any sense as tombs, but they also don't make any sense architecturally, and they feel it's hard to explain. If we're there, you know, we can go in and you can see, well, why the devil are they doing this this way when they've got this passage over here, so and they don't then it's really my own conviction is that if anyone ever really figures out what the pyramids are for, it's going to be because the Great Pyramid takes ninety five percent of the attention. And in fact, I think there's a grand pyramid plan that they all fit into, and that to understand any one of them, you have to understand what all of them do. Cosmological, astronomical, astrological. I'm not sure, but my sense of it is that it has something to do with that. So far, no one's come up with anything that I know of that's convincing for all of them.
Speaker 7: Okay, anything on one level.
Speaker 1: There are multiple levels of symbolism involved. On one level, a very simple level, they represent stars, the Dogan place large stones on a plateau represents stars that are important in their cosmology and including the belt stars of Orion. And the reason they place the stones that relate to the belt stars of Orion, they say, is to point us to an astronomic structure called Bernard's loop. There's a birthplace of stars. It's a spiral in the macrocosm that centers on the belt stars of Orion. You can't see it with the naked eye, but you can image it with time lapse photography. And the Dogans say, the reason why that's important is because it's the macrocosmic correlate to the little leg of the world I was talking about. That's the spiral of matter, the structure that's the basic structure of matter. And if you think of the hermetic theme of as above so below, these are the structures that you can correlate as above, the processes above to the processes below with That's why the Dogans say it's important. So on that level, the pyramids represents stars. But the levels of symbolism in Dogan cosmology are described like layers of skin on an onion. You feel one back and you find another one. So you can't just say it represents one thing. From this perspective, it represents the stark Yeah.
Speaker 2: So far I think that too, But so far nobody's nothing obvious, is well. I mean at first I used to think that it was the planetary system, but that doesn't seem to apply.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are reasons why they're why the pyramids are as massive as they are, and that may and there are reasons why they were made out of often made out of materials that canduct electricity.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the interior is yeah, oh yeah, and there.
Speaker 1: Are reason why they have acoustic properties, but what those are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they knew more about certain things than us, right, I mean, they didn't have smartphones or McDonald's or no bubble at dollds.
Speaker 1: And ancient Actually, there is a theory that says there was a McDonald inside the King's chamber.
Speaker 7: What are your thoughts There could be a consciousness altering machine.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, that's what I was talking before, but that they are immortality machines, and immortality what a whole notion of immortality is a higher level of consciousness that you have to work to get through.
Speaker 1: One of the key differences in the philosophy's idea with between the non material, and the material has to do with with massiveness. Differences in massiveness and Einstein's his formula equals mc squared has to do with it explains why the speed of live is a constant. And basically what it boils down to is that as something, because the body becomes more massive, it's time for down and so the speed of live remains the same in relation to it. Massiveness and acceleration are equivalent. So when you get down to the matter at the level of waves, where it's virtually massless, you've got to believe that the time frame is almost instantaneous. So mass, the relative mass of something has a connection to connecting on materialism to materialism, and so my guess is that's part of why they went to such trouble to use such massive blocks to build like the Great Pyramid.
Speaker 7: Okay, what other evidence has popped up recently that supports the idea that supports the basic sphinx idea that that's an ancient structure.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a ton of it. Actually, sorry, We presented this in fact a second time at a GSA and Reno in two thousand with a whole bunch of the packed houses of geologists all but two of whom agreed with us, and unfortunately we didn't realize this at the time. The first time we had a poster presentation so everybody could come around and schmooze and discuss things and all of that. And this one was an oral presentation, which shockgame because I don't have the letters after my name, so I can't do these things. But it was short minutes or so, which there's not enough time, as you say, to get into these things, but basically successful. There's a ton of other evidence that we have all collected of other instances of water weathering, of other things that are anomalous, of other kinds of structures in Egypt itself, and that's not taking in go Beckley tape. Or there are other places also that we think have been wrongly dated. At Sardinia, for example, which is absolute one of the world's best kept megalithic secrets and unbelievable Sardinia Sardinia Gninue off the coast of Italy, which everyone thinks is where they invented sardines, but nothing to do with sardines' what's there these extraordinary things that look like gigantic they're not pyramids, but they're they're megalithic, built of rough stones, like huge beehives six eight stories high. Shock thinks we are thinking that these the shok is really into this whole theory of CMEs, you know, coronary massive tection as being the reason that the whole thing fell apart around nine thousand, seven hundred BC. And he's been working with the petroglyphs and you know, if you've interviewed me with yeah, a lot of information on that. And we think that these Sardinian things he hasn't seen them yet that I have could be built as structures to protect you from one of these cmesy later.
Speaker 7: On, I don't know, like some of the underground cities in Turkey.
Speaker 2: Well maybe Yeah, there's a lot of stuff out there. This is a very interesting field to get to get into as long as you don't have a PhD in it.
Speaker 1: Let me threw this questions can I address?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Well if you believe that the three Pyramids point to the belt star of Orion at ten thousand BC, and the Sphinx points was meant to point to Leo, the constellation of Leo at around ten thousand BC, then you really do only have two choices. One is that the at least the alignments for those structures were done at ten thousand BC. If you don't buy that, then you have to buy that some later culture had the ability to retrospectively calculate what the alignment should have been, So that's the start. The second thing is that the sphinx is carved from a natural outcropping of stone. It's an animal figure carved from a natural outcropping of stone. That's one of the signatures of the Archaic cult that I connect back to Tepe. That's something they did. They carved things, made statues out of natural outcroppings. So stylistically it's a ten thousand BC era structure, so that doesn't say that it was built then. But as John was saying about styles of architecture, we have something stylistically here that looks like it connects, and symbolically it could connect. So just a consideration.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think I'm not happy with that ten thousand, five hundred date, in part because it's in the middle of these two gigantic the younger, dryest, the thing that happens, whatever it is ten thousand, eight hundred probably a comet thing, and the ninety seven hundred coronary mass ejection. I'm more inclined to think that Shuck is now getting around to this point too. The Egyptians themselves and the Palermo Stone and turned Perop Papyrus are giving the regnal reign, the regnal years of these divine and semi divine rulers, and this is pushing it back to around thirty four to thirty six thousand BC. And that's in other words, that the Sphinx is meant as a Leo marker. And there's plenty of evidence that the Zodi that was known this is what's his name, the Santiana and von Deck and her Hamlet's milk. I'm more inclined to think it's an earlier processional age rather than the ten thousand, five hundred one.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing that I that I know about that precludes that from being that could be true.
Speaker 2: And actually, again this thing we're talking about before of informed intuition, when Shock first went into Firs days now it's okay, but when we first got permission and I don't even remember if we actually had permission or we bribed our way into the Sphinx and clothure I hope that we bribed our way into the better story. But we went in there and you know, Shock really didn't know anything about this. He'd read by own evidence and things like that. But we walked in early in the morning, nobody was there, and he just looked. Everybody else's, you know, gobsmacked, as they say in England by the sphinx itself. Shak is looking at rocks, he said, and he's looking at the enclosure wall with this fifteen feet of weathering in it. And he looked at him and he said, wow. He said, these rocks look like they're hundreds of thousands of years old. And he said, don't quote me on that, which I didn't do. But really, when we were talking about informed intuition, he's a geologist. My informed intuition on geology is nil. I couldn't put a date to it, or even a provisional date to it. But his informed intuition is very interesting. It might be even a lot older than that ten thousand days, right, And then of course, no further along ago, the war destroyed everything gets and that's.
Speaker 1: Right, and the ice age presents an obstacle to evidence that's hard to get past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so you were mentioning the end of the ice age. You think a comet created the younger giis.
Speaker 2: Well, the ice of the younger dryer intensifies the ice age. Well, this is this is the theory. It is not my theory, but it's it seems Shock is into this. There's a fair amount of I don't have it in my head at the moment. There seems to be the fair amount of substantiated evidence. And I think the evidence that that it's a coronary mass ejection at around ninety seven hundred BC. That puts an end to the ice age. That looks pretty good to me. And Shock and I were in Norway last year around when summer you never know summer in Norway. It could have been February here, and we went looking at these extraordinary petroglyphs where they have you know about the Shock talk about those.
Speaker 7: I have a program.
Speaker 2: So the petroglyphs, which are all over the world, are the same, the same weird figures that come out of that. People see when there's a mass, these plasma structures, whereas everything else is quite recognizable, and it's reindeer, and you know it's reindeer, and Norway and it's giraffes in Africa. But wherever the Patrick Lips are they have these bizarre.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the plasma discharge. I've had Wallace Thornhill I'm talking about it before and he said that the only ones that don't show up are the ones that would have killed somebody. You know, if you see them, you're dead. Well, but they think it was actually venus using Velakowski's theory. They think that maybe Venus came through much earlier and that's what ended the iation. That was the plasma discharges. Venus came close.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything to say that that would be true, but that's that's Talbot and and I.
Speaker 7: Think it's mostly Yeah, Talbot and Thorn. I think it's more David Talbot who thinks that.
Speaker 2: But would that give you? Such a thing? Would that give you?
Speaker 7: According to their theory, it was really yeah, because the planets wouldn't actually collide, they would exchange what they call thunderbolts of the gods, which are giant plasma discharges.
Speaker 2: I never heard that, but that's bullparking it. That doesn't sound illogical to me.
Speaker 7: And I mean, you've done the work on Velakowski's theory to say that Venus definitely seemed to be a common at some point in its history.
Speaker 1: Right right. And actually they have examples and exo solar systems of planets that have common staales that start out as comments, so they know it can happen for sure.
Speaker 7: I didn't realize that interesting.
Speaker 1: So also they have examples of large gas planets producing rocky more Earthlake planets, although larger, but they have one case where two large rocky planets. The official theory is was formed by it from a gas giant, so we know we could.
Speaker 7: Do that also, So again Velakowski gets right some validation.
Speaker 1: Right As far as the covering over of go back to Tepe when it happened. I now have things to compare that to that event to because I have a second site that was deliberately covered, but when they covered it, they left symbolic messages as to why they covered it.
Speaker 7: What side is that this is.
Speaker 1: A site in northern Scotland. I have a book coming out that's at the pump store right now, I'm calling the Overthrown Boat. And when the site was covered, there was a huge feast just before the site was deliberately abandoned, ostensibly to kill the domesticated animals they had there rather than leaving them to starve, and after the feast was over there were probably a thousand animals killed at this feast. They left only shin bones all around the feast site, covered it over with an intact deer carcass, and placed the head of a bull on top of a cow on top of it. Now, the act of covering it over, Okay, The series of megalithic sites in northern Scotland that I'm exploring are progressive stages of how matter is created. You have a series of sights that reflect progressive stages of how matter is created. And the Doven word for that is arc, and there's an equivalent Egyptian word that means spiral that is pronounced arc. But the word arc also means to cover over, and so by covering over the site, what they've done is named it. The shin bones are pronounced like a word that means to leave under duress or under distress. There are other word examples that connect to the symbols they left that explain why they covered it over. Now, in Judaism, what happens is every every day, every temple in the world, every Jewish temple in the world reads the same portion of a tourist squirrel. And when they're done, it's structional session. And when they're done, they roll up the scroll, carefully covered over and place it back in its cabinet, which is called an arc. It looks to me as if the process of covering over these sites was that kind of a ritual that was saying, here, we have a site that had an instructional purpose. When its purpose was complete, we covered it and we placed it back and named it as an arc.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 1: Now what's also interesting is the site in northern Scotland. The archaic name for it was our gat r. R is a phonetic value that means ascending stages, and gat is a word that means gates at go backlely Tepe. You have an arc that was covered over. R. If you again assume means ascending stages of matter, there's another Egyptian word that refers to the individual stages of that, the gates of that. It's pronounced erit, and so you have a word are a rete or error rat as the name and go back to that is located very short distance from era hmm. So the naming of the site implies ascending stages of manner.
Speaker 7: Okay, wow, your your next book is going to be something, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, next one coming on. I'm I'm happy with the next one. The one about Northern Scotland took me places I didn't expect it to go, and that a lot of people won't be very happy about pretty much anybody, okay, okay, the uh. The book started with a single question from a Facebook friend who was in Australia wondering if there could have been Egyptian influences on Orkney Island in in Northern Scotland, and I knew nothing about it, so I explored the idea and there's very little evidence there. It's all structural and symbolic, but it's performardten language. It's thirty two hundred BC, but I knew that at thirty two hundred BC. I considered the Dogan, who have been Egyptian at that time. The evidence points to close involvement between the two in that era. So since the Dogan I've done such a good job of preserving their culture, I thought I might be able to find commonalities between Orkney Island and the Dogan, expecting that the influences went from Egypt or Africa to Orkney Island. When I got to the Orkney Island site examining the things there, one of the things is a structure of a house that was repeatedly built on Orkney Island. There are eight houses built to the same original plant, and that structure has a unique feature. For what the researchers in Scotland are calling a unique feature, it's a beehive shaped room. It's a round room attached to some other rooms that are rectangular in size, and a doorway at the far end. Well. It turns out the plan of the house is a match for the typical plan of a Dogan house stone house, but the Dogan plan has cosmology associated with it. This is the shape of a woman's body. The round room is her head, two long rectangular rooms are her arms, the central cavity is their body cavity in the center as a hearth, and down at the end are her sexual parts, which is the doorway. Now, in the Dogan version of the house it's the same plan. The problem is there's no hearth, and so I thought it's very interesting that on Orkney Island, when they implemented the plan and they added the hearth. They did it in a way that was cosmologically sound. They added the hearth where the heart should be. It was a while before I realized that I had it backwards, that the Orkney Island house was the original house and the Dogan when they took it, the desert didn't need a hearth, and they removed the hearth. Now you go to ancient Egypt, and the earliest burial chambers in Egypt take the same shape. I have an example of a burial chamber in Egypt. Now it's understood that mastabas and things like that we're supposed to represent houses. This early burial chamber takes the same plan as the Dogan and the Orkney Island house, so the presumption is the same symbolism. It looks to me as if what we have on Orkney Island is a life sized in structural sanction sanctuary that a person could walk through the stages of matter to learn about them, and the stages culminate or seem to culminate with eight chambered houses at Scarabray on Orkney Island, which is a little farming village, which represent this cluster of chambers that are the egg of the world, the fundamental structure of matter. Turns out, Dogan cosmology takes up one stage further there is the next stage involves an agricultural field that was used to represent what in science is called the background field, the particle's form against and every year the Dogan create a drawing in the field of their high priests called the priest of Arau that represents these fundamental particles and the fundamental vibrations of matter. The Egyptians have a similar concept called okay. The word Egyptian one a different word for field is second and their term is pronounced second eru, but it's interpreted in Egypt as being the field of reeds. But the term field of reeds is an alternate term for what by ancient Greek times was called the Alysian fields. You go to ancient Greece and the Greek writers write about the Allsian fields the same way the Dogan talk about this field that they that is cosmological meaning for them, it's an actual agricultural field in real life that the Nogan use and cultivate, but it also is a cosmological concept, so it exists on two levels at once. You go to Greece. You have writings about the Allegian Fields as if it were a real geographic place, and all the geography they describe describes Orkney Island. It's right, it's the right location, it's the right climate described, it's the right circumstance for the island described. It's ostensibly a place where agriculture happened. So what you've got is a link, a potential link to this concept of the field the Second Arrow, or the field of Errow, that links back to Orkney Island that has symbolicized ancient Egypt in the earliest dynastic times. It looks to me as if what might have been happening on Orkney Island was they were training people to established kingships based on agriculture. Well, all right, okay, nobody's gonna like that, but that's where they don't mind.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's fascinating. I mean, that's what are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 2: I don't have any. Actually, it's just strange. In fact, guys you're talking. I remember I was at a conference in Italy somewhere with Graham and Shock and I think Bobo was there, and there was an Italian guy talking about about the Odyssey and saying that this is taking place in Norway or because because because the topography was completely inconsistent with Mediterranean, but it seemed to fit rather well in that northern you know that those northern areas, and I thought I was pretty impressed by by it. I thought, I thought that was really very very interesting. And as we know, I mean, there's enough stuff around now that you don't dismiss things because the dating seems to be incompatible with standard dating, since they got it all wrong. Anyhow, it could be, it could be the whole thing has to be rethought in terms of its not so much it's symbolic value, but it's it's it's physical value. I mean, the Orkney Islands is really interesting. Not exactly mean I haven't been there, but I mean.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting now another you went there. No, I haven't been there, but it's an interesting thing that at ten thousand BC, at places like a Beckley Tepe, you have high mountaintop sanctuaries that served that. If you imagine there was someone who knew science, who as the Dogan and the Buddhists are claiming, pass instruction to humanity about civilizing skills. In those days. The high mountains atop sanctuary provides safe haven for the teachers. It's high enough up that we couldn't as hunter galers couldn't get to have them. So the first thing I asked myself about the Orkney Island side is if there were teachers there, and the linguistics makes it look like there are there were, Where was there safe haven? Orkney Island is a very approachable place, with easy harbors and natural ocean currents that lead right to it. There's no safe place for the teachers. However, if you go just across the waters from Orkney Island you reach a group of islands called the Faroe Islands. Now the Pharaoh Islands have all sorts of built in protections in them. They've got The islands are characterized by high sheer cliffs that you can't climb up. There are narrow waterways between the islands that are that daily. There are like small taine of tornado type storms that pass through there. There are var texas water vortexes that protect against ships coming in. There are narrow shoals to the edges of the islands that a ship might run aground on. There are all sorts of natural protections there to keep a person who shouldn't be there from coming there. And up on the islands you have structures that for all the world look like pyramids, including one that's a pretty good match for the Bent Pyramid in Egypt. How do you get there, just right across the water from from Orkney Island, But how do you get up? Well, they have to lower boats down by rope, and they had a person can climb up, you know, like with a rock climber, can climb up. Really yeah, really for a long time, that's what happened. There were periods of time when in ancient times when sailors would be unable to cross one island to the next island for periods of months because of weather. That pretty similar, because there's nothing like that in the med that I know, no, but it's certainly there. And the islands have not been excavated, they've not been explored. Nobody who knows what was there before the first Vikings visited.
Speaker 2: There are a few people who are living there now, yeah, but they they are of very odd habits and.
Speaker 1: They it's nobody knows for sure what happens there. You get to Orkney Island, the first reports of people being found in the first scan. They visitors found two groups there. One a group of pygmies of very odd habits. Now the Dogan refer to their teachers as Numho. The Egyptian word for pygmy is nim, so we have some phonetic connection there. But these pigmies were associated with a group of people who were described as clerics, which is a good description of the Dogum themselves. And the Scandinavians were very conservative about how they described things, but they said that these clerics were so different from the Scandinavians that they might have been considered a different race as opposed to a different profession. In places like Caithness, they're outwardly described as black. There are DNA studies done on the islands that show DNA connections to Egypt and to North Africa. There's lots of lots of stuff. Actually, Orkney Island is probably one of the most genetically diverse places in the world, really really, And they aren't sure why they're attributing the North African DNA to pirate contact with pirates in the you know, in historical times. Yeah, but I don't think there's any way of knowing that from the DNA, So there's all sorts of different things connected with that that that could potentially be right. But the book it will be controversial.
Speaker 7: Well that's good, all right, let's uh, I guess let's cover what you guys coming up. You obviously have this book coming up, but you're already writing another one on top of that.
Speaker 1: That book is submitted. I expect it'll be on twenty sixteen. I haven't actually signed a contract on it yet, but it's there and accepted.
Speaker 7: So they've gone through in the tradition to go through in the traditions.
Speaker 1: Right. Then there's a follow on to that about the Mallori in New Zealand. That's about half it. But the Mallory have memories of of Oorkeley Island really and they actually establish schools for their priests where the same things that I say we're taught on Orkanland, we're being taught in these schools. There are lots of Leagueesta connections there also, it's hard to get into without them, a lot of detail that I probably am not prepared to provide, but basically, the in the Maori in New Zealand have connections back to go back to Tepe to the thirty era stuff that I talk about in Orkney Island, to the shock de cult that I connect to go back to the tape, to ancient Egypt and to things down the line. From ancient Egypt, things play out in terms of rituals and in terms of words and practices, in terms of myths of where they came from and how they got there.
Speaker 7: Okay, and John, you do trips to Egypt still?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, of course, And now it's a great time to go because the prostitutes of the media have published all of this stuff and make it sound I mean, there's stuff going on there, but it's mostly it's strictly political. So far, nobody's after the tourists, but they make it sound as though it's an open civil war, so that tourism is way way down, which is calamitous for the poor Egyptians, but fantastic for us, because to visit Egypt when it's still pretty empty is I mean, it's a tremendous advantage. And so yes, I'm still doing my trips. Of course, as long as I can keep climbing up the pyramid, I'll keep doing the the trips.
Speaker 7: I'm sure climbing up I'm sure, climbing up the pyramid keeps you in shape to keep climbing.
Speaker 2: Up the pur age. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: The last time there was upheaval in Egypt, John was out of contact for a few days and people started to be concerned, and so I started trying to track him down, and he assured me by sending me a photo of himself and a beautiful young companion sitting on a private cruise ship sipping alcoholic beverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the revolution. We were there for the whole revolution. And then we're trying to get together this, you know, major follow up for the Mystery of the Sphinx, and then Shaka and I. I've got a whole bunch of projects that and I'm one of these rare people born with two Achilles heels, and both of them are organization. So for me to get anything done, I sometimes wonder, you know, how I ever got anything done at all, because I'm so hopelessly disorganized. But somewhere along the line, things do get done. So I've got all of these different related projects, and in fact, some of the others of me wearing my Bohemian bera instead of my Egyptological pith helmet of stuff going on and people interested in, you know, some of the other creative things that I've done. We'll say, I'm still here.
Speaker 7: Good, you want to talk about it? Do you want to mention the book you might be doing with shock at some point?
Speaker 2: Well? What the first one will be called Dancing down the Bridge of Sirah. This is a Sufi image bridge of Sirah, which is described as and it's this bridge that you have to cross to get to, let's say, to the truth or to enlightenment. And it's described as narrow as the Rage's edge, and on one side is the chasm of credulity, and then the other the abyss of skepticism. So this is the quackademics on one side and the unicorns on the other. And basically the story of the whole, this whole, the long Sphinx Quest. It's basically the Swinx Quest, which is now going on since I first encountered that one line of shroller back in sixty well, no, seven, seventy three, so it's forty years it's been going. So there's a lot of story and as you gather, we've talked about some of it, this is really sort of real life Indiana Jones, because it's a you know, with a lot of interesting characters. It's called duggery and people don't attacking other people out. Yeah, there's a whole, big, long story there. So that's that's the that's the first book, and then the second one we haven't get around to. It is, I hope the definitive destruction of the Darwinian delusion. We'll see about.
Speaker 7: That sounds interesting.
Speaker 1: One last thing I have to say is that over the years, there have been a number of occasions where John has one opinion about what a symbol or a ritual means, and my sources point to a different meaning, and so there's a difference of opinion between us as to what the thing actually means. What I've learned in those cases is that it means that I need to find some additional sources.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily. Sometimes they're complimentary.
Speaker 1: Actually they typically typically they resolve because when I do find those other sources, it serves as an umbrella over both points of view, and we end up realizing that you can look at it too weight. But what I'm saying is it has not been my experience that John's wrong about something that that he holds a strong opinion.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Well, I'm able to defend myself even if it's wrong.
Speaker 6: So hold the darkness. It's so cold, thought sprison longer Shi in my life, so faixture light in my.
Speaker 4: I mean not eat, won't she guy? Or that I'm a suit?
Speaker 6: They want me out doors?
Speaker 10: She time moving his man shun? What's I dose? Man b shun to mold the concious to be free fine lition sight of me? And I say in the sun.
Speaker 11: But I don't know how to say.
Speaker 3: With aunts to.
Speaker 9: But I'll be blessed by the light of it. It's so cold, so cold.
Speaker 4: She stun, don't come.
Speaker 10: Try day.
Speaker 4: Told my she stopping Shu.
Speaker 10: Mean that the body national it's so cold? Back so go.
Speaker 3: You say it's no say.
Speaker 10: That you weel loves how to hi.
Speaker 7: Like a.
Speaker 3: With new say.
Speaker 11: B thing fright, sup, it's so cold? Bring the sun has so cold?
Speaker 3: Burn the go shut.
Speaker 10: Her tire sa.
Speaker 3: Samo lest not bring the sun smolt. But the guys shut
Speaker 9: So scroll not bring the bol