Speaker 2: One more time.
Speaker 1: The Channel nine first warning weather forecast not bad sonny in seventy day clear skys overnight forty seventy four. The height tomorrow is sunny skies fifty one overnightth clear and mostly sunny Saturday. I have seventy nine closing out at fifty degrees right now. Time for a final traffic chuck.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Traumphics Center. Mammogram saved.
Speaker 3: Vives called five one three five to eight four pint to schedule your annual mammogram with the UC Health X thirteen. That's five one three five eight four pink North FND seventy five. So those a bit buttermilk to Kyle's getting better through Saint Bernard.
Speaker 2: The wreck near Mitchell is clear.
Speaker 3: Still working to clear the wreck on the right near the lateral snap pound seventy five break blikes from Tylersville to an accident above Union Center.
Speaker 2: He's found on the Reagan Highway.
Speaker 3: There's a wreck in seventy five chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC He talks station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty seven Here fifty five kr seed talks station A very very happy Friday. E fu Empoweroamerica dot orgs where you get the entire seminar list of the classes that are being discussed at Empower You two twenty five Northland Boulevard for the studio, and you can always stream these courses online. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Rob Tuddle. Do we want a constitutional convention? That is the question mark subject matter of the upcoming conversation taking place tonight the tenth at seven pm online Empower You America dot org to get registered for that, whether you're going to show up at the Empower Youth studio or in person. Let me get by a way a background, Rob Well, He's done a ton of research on the constitutional conventions. He's been actively involved in politics more than twenty years, elected three times of the Warren County Central Committee, volunteer lobbyists for a number of nonprofits across the states, including Dayton Right to Life. He teaches classes on the Constitution across Ohio, both as a member of Building Blocks for Liberty YAY and the Institution Institute. Rather on the Constitution, focusing on the serious problems of government overreach and fiscal irresponsibility, subjects near and dear to my heart. So Rob, Rob, it's great have you on the program. Why are you a no on a constitutional convention or convention of States?
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for having me on b and this a real honor. As you said, I've been doing a lot of research into this, because when you first hear about this idea that we could have a constitutional convention and do things in the Constitution by adding amendments that the Congress won't do, they won't limit themselves, right, it's pretty exciting. So unfortunately, I'm a bit of an analytical personality, and I decided to do my own research on both sides of the issue, and so what I found out was that ultimately everything pointed to a very dangerous situation if we were to convene another constitutional convention. If you remember the first Convention, they were expected to merely revise the Articles of Confederation, which was our first constitution, but yet they ended up throwing it out out and creating an all new constitution. Once those delegates are convened in a constitutional convention, they have plenty of potentiary power, which means they can make any changes to the Constitution they want. And I think this is a very dangerous time, a very toxic political environment, and we could expect to have a lot of shenanigans at a convention like.
Speaker 1: That, And I understand that concern and one of the concerns expressed by my friend Rick Heron, who's been on the program a bunch of times over the years on variety of subject matters. He's, you know, Article five convention advocates. He says, he always asks them, well, who will be selecting the delegates? And the answer is is he points out the state Assembly, which is leading to how reliably conservative is the majority of the speaker of the House in your state. We've got a bit of a problem, like hrting cats in Columbus. It's republican state, it's a Republican governor, House, and Senate, and yet they can't seem to get anything accomplished by way of conservative values. That is a bit of a problem, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, absolutely, we can't necessarily trust the state legislatures to appoint people that are going to do a good job for at least US conservatives. But I would say that it's not even a sure thing that the state legislators are going to appoint the delegates. There was a Congression Research Service report which is the most comprehensive research on how an Article five convention would actually be conducted back in twenty fourteen. It was updated by the CRS in twenty sixteen and seventeen, and they pointed out that there are no rules around a constitutional convention or the requirements or characteristics of delegates, not even how many delegates there would be. And the CRS suggested that Congress actually has broad latitude. And you may be familiar, and I'm sure you are, with the Necessary and Proper Clause at the US Constitution that says that if Congress can call a convention, then they have certain capabilities with respective defining the boundaries of the invention that they that they call. So it could very well be that Congress creates a situation where the delegates are elected in the states. There's, in fact, that has been suggested in legislation in the past.
Speaker 1: Well as a I suppose a failsafe mechanism. Whatever would happen in this convention of states. Constitutional convention would have to be then submitted to the states for ratification or for approval, and you're going to have to get everyone and thirty how is it thirty seven states would need to agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Yep, So that.
Speaker 4: Would be the force of the states would have to ratify.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So if they went off the rails and you know, they took away our freedom of speech, or our Second Amendment rights keeping baar arms, or do what they always are doing anyway, ignoring our Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures once it lands in any given state, to be like hell, no, we're not going to vote for that, and then the whole concept be thrown out the window.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, that's a possibility. I would suggest that thirty four states have to request the Convention in the first place, and so you've got thirty four that are going to be pretty likely to respond positively when they come back for ratification. But you know, more than that, we've seen the states in recent years, and take a look at Ohio, Brian, We've seen the people of Ohio pass things that we never thought that they would pass in the Constitution of Ohio. I'm not sure that I want to take that risk. And frankly, there's a bill in the US Congress right now by Jody Errington out of Texas. It's in the Judiciary Committee. As we speak that says that the ratification will actually be done by conventions in the States, not by the state legislatures. So when George Soros and those guys get their money and advertising, we've seen what they can do by the people of the States and convincing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the abortion issue in Issue one that's currently pending right now, there is fat liberal money behind support for Issue one, and I'm a firm no on it to the extent you want to listen to me vote no on one.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh absolutely, Where I guess said, you know, most of the money for Issue one, the current issue one, as well as the previous ones, came from out of state, a lot of it, even I from out of the country. Well, you know, what do they do in metal in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's just going to be a phenomenon going forward as the world has become an extremely close play small place and foreign influence is really easy to accomplish these days through just handing out checks to people to go ahead and submit the campaign contributions directly to the re elected representative, even though the money originated in a foreign country. Crazy stuff going on out there. Tonight is the night seven PM for Rob Tuttle talking about the Constitutional Convention. Empower you America dot Org. I strongly encourage you to get under there at anytime today register to attend in person or to attend virtually. Rob, good luck tonight, have an enjoyable conversation. I know the pro folks are going to be there. We had a woman calling Diana called in earlier said their folks are going to be in the audience.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Well promised.
Speaker 4: To play nice I talked to those folks all the time.
Speaker 1: Good so she promised to play nicely with you.
Speaker 4: We always play nicely with each other. But can I just take one second to put in a plug for Orlando Sanza because I've had this Yeah. So Orlando, I know I've heard him speak about the enumerated powers in the Constitution. I know he's a fiscal hockey's a CPA. He's anxious to get on the budget committee up in Congress. And we wouldn't have a budget problem or an out of control spending problem if we had people like Orlando Sanza in Congress who would obey the constitution that we currently have. A man, I don't know why people think that if Congress doesn't obey the Constitution today that merely adding a couple of new amendments to the Constitution is all of a sudden they're going to start obeying it.
Speaker 1: Echoing the comments from a listener that made earlier this morning, he said the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Rob had fun tonight.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the conversation, folks, tune in through the empower Youamerica dot org website. Rob's a real pleasure to have you on the pro today. Thanks for what you're doing. Thank you, Brian, Thank my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Brother. Folks.
Speaker 1: If you didn't hear Donovan and ne the Americans for Prospered, you got a few of several events going on this Saturday you can participate, and starting to encourage you to get over to AFP action to do so. Marine Corps retired Colonel William Dunn talking about that pager attack in the Middle East. Fascinating that and of course Jay Ratliffe and the information about the seminar tonight, all at fifty five KRC dot com, who you can tune tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Have a wonderful day, folks, and keep your prayers going down to the people impacted by the two hurricanes. They need all the help we can get. And again I'll put a plug in for Matthew twenty five, just because I know your buck will go a long, long, longer way than most other charitable organizations. Have a wonderful day, folks, stick around. Glenbeck's coming right up October.
Speaker 2: Thanks for getting crazy by the day is sounding on.
Speaker 4: I'm just waiting on some October surprise.
Speaker 1: Now fifty five KRC the talkstation, and this report is spawned