Speaker 1: Tarrange restaurant.
Speaker 2: Restaurant is what we are talking about for our small business Shout out today, Tarrange restaurant that is on Limburg Drive in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Where is Lyndbrook Drive in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: NOAs we are very close to Wheelshair okay and Westwood by.
Speaker 4: Hammer Museum.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. So NAS is joining us now nas Parage.
Speaker 1: Like three times you're listening to me practice. I was listening to her when she said it, thank you.
Speaker 2: For joining us. You all specialize in Persian food and this looks fantastic, kebabs and the like.
Speaker 1: I was just telling you off the air.
Speaker 2: I have read so many articles that say Mediterranean diet is the way to go in terms of as Richie would put it, getting ready for summer, and that is what you specialize in. Hearing the fileman on kebobs, the lamb, kebabs, chicken, all of that, just to scratch the surface of what your specialties are.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, So first of all, thank you so much for inviting me. It's an honor to be here. Honestly, I've been a huge fan of yours for years. You're one of the reasons that my English is kind of better.
Speaker 5: That's the greatest compliment I think that we could receive.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, just we don't speak no, not.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually, and I was quite pleased to see these articles that is coming in the last four to five years that Mediterranean diet is actually one of the best diets to lord the heart disease, lord of cancer, because honestly, it is very very clean food. We don't have anything deep fried, we don't have anything preserved. We don't use any artificial ingredients in our food. It is basically everything is steamed or it is grilled.
Speaker 4: And we do a lot of olive oil.
Speaker 3: My brother and I started this restaurant when I was twenty five four years old, about a year and a half when we moved to the US. Really didn't know much. He has this amazing brilliant business mind, and I love cooking and hosting, and restaurant.
Speaker 4: Was the way to go.
Speaker 3: So if you started in Torrance, it was a small, small restaurant in the corner of Applauza, right in front of my community college. And longer story, so four years later we wanted to do something a little bit bigger and better, and we started in Westwood Village, in the heart of Persian community, as a lot of people call it Teheranjals and honestly, so many persons there. If I lived in Westwood, I couldn't talk English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guarantee you that.
Speaker 2: So I bet that that's.
Speaker 1: Very welcome there.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, you must be very busy.
Speaker 3: It is very busy. However, there's a lot of competition because there's like a zillion Persian restaurants to choose from, so we had to find a way to stand out. So we made it very modern and we made everything that we have scratch. We don't have a freezer in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: And that's gotta be a lot of turnover then for supply.
Speaker 3: For it is we go shopping four times a week.
Speaker 4: But it worth it, it worth it. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: You can taste food. It is fresh. This is what we have at home. I've been eating our food for nine years and I don't get tired of it. So I think it's a pretty good time, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think I get tired of Yeah. So you and your brother run the place. This is something that you have talked about for a long time, and your parents did. They grew up, grew up cooking.
Speaker 3: And my mom is a fantastic cook, but she was a teacher. My dad was a banker, so we had no idea how to run a business. But we started from this small restaurant and a lot of by a little We learned from the curves, from the things we were at a points that we were running out of chicken would run to raups, buy chicken, bring it back, cook it and sell it, and we would deliver the food ourselves. So it was crazy journey. We had to like clean everything and it was a small restaurant business. But with all the opps goals, I think everything you learn it just makes you better and stronger and a little bit more resilience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do they think? What do your parents think about it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: They love it.
Speaker 3: My mom she's still a little bit iffy about me not becoming a doctor, but.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: But sometimes when I complain that i'm a little tyre, She's like, do you want to.
Speaker 4: Go and just go meeting.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Mom, I got my master's from Berkeley, You're fine, And she's like, just just just putting your thought out there.
Speaker 2: And your brother's kind of doing banking, I mean with the business.
Speaker 3: He has this brilliant mind of business and financial which I don't.
Speaker 4: I just cock and I love it. But yeah, he has.
Speaker 3: This amazing, you know, brilliant mind of business ownership, getting things together, having finding shortcuts, bringing people together, dealing with the backstaff, which I think it's a great.
Speaker 2: Good combination for the both of you.
Speaker 4: Do you fight We do not.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're very very close family, very close and.
Speaker 1: Means sometimes that means that you fight more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, because he does his own thing and I do my own thing, and sometimes it's just like talk it out. And every time that we cannot talk something out, it's always my mom and dad are like stopping.
Speaker 5: You brought us some food for us to check out. And I'm most amazed at the three different kinds of rice that you have on here.
Speaker 1: Can you explain what they are?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 3: So the first one is the white rice. It is a buzz muddy rice. The way that we cook our rices as Persians, it's a little bit different than other rices. We soak our rice overnight and it takes about forty minutes for it to be made, so the cook times that are a bit less, but the way that it is all separated grain from grain. It is a little different than, for example, the Asian rices that we do have. They're a little bit more sticky. So that one is the normal rice. The other rice that you have is barbary rice.
Speaker 4: In Farci it is esch.
Speaker 3: It is in a family the same family as gojiberries, but a little bit more time.
Speaker 1: You say it's very it's it's sweet with that. Those are fun berries, yes.
Speaker 4: What's called barberries.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: And the other one is fa bobbing and del rice. Another Persian favorite. It is faba bean deal. It goes really nice with chicken and lamb which I had a little bit for you. And when it comes to our food, we are specialized in meat and kebobs. So just to get a little bit clear thinking on Persian kebobs, every single meat that is grilled.
Speaker 4: Over open fire is a kabob.
Speaker 3: But we have different types of cab So we have ground beef which is called kooby dee. We have the chanky chicken which is called ju ja kabob. We have the lamb chops we call them chice leak. We have the ground beef that's kooby dee. So these are all types of kebop. Every meat that you grill over open fire is called the kebab.
Speaker 1: Do you get you obviously have takeout.
Speaker 5: I mean that's available through through the website Tourange Restaurant dot com.
Speaker 2: By the way, chick, and it's really tender.
Speaker 3: That is our special dish, thank you. It's marinated in it's a special marination for about twenty seven hours and it's white meat because I don't like dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is because you don't like you guys are over on Lindenbrook Drives over in the in the Westwood Village area. Tourange Restaurant dot com on Instagram as well Turange Underscore Restaurant Underscore La Nods. Thanks for coming in today.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I'm a little shout out for people who are living a little bit far from Westwood area.
Speaker 4: If you're opening another location in Manhattan Beach a name Tornge.
Speaker 3: Nice, thank you and it's going to be open probably end of June.
Speaker 4: Bly let's see for summer construction work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great location.
Speaker 1: It's nice to meet you. Thanks for much.
Speaker 3: A pleasure meeting you guys, and thank you so much for having me over. I cannot wait to have you guys in the
Speaker 4: Restaurant Yes, thank you so much,