Speaker 1: The following presentation Isabel Marvis Studio's production Welcome back to truth Secrets from around the world. It's time for another edition of the fact Hunter podcast as we record on this Monday, July twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. I hope this message finds you well. Wherever this message finds you, I hope you had a great weekend. If you'd like to reach out to us, the email address is the fact Hunter at mail dot com. Again, it is the fact Hunter at mail, notgmail dot com. Busy week for us, So if I don't get back to you right a way, please bear with I will get back to you. There won't be any midweek rabbit Hole podcast, but I certainly intend to do that next week. We're continuing our Exposing the Matrix series and today we're on layer ten and that is the psychological matrix, and it's how fear and distraction, which that cell phone plays such a large part of. Right, it's become quite a controlling mechanism. That three inch by five inch by you know, half inch piece of computer plastic, whatever you want to call it, has really become an effective prison of the mind, if you will, right, and it's not built with steel bars. It's built inside our mind, and those who are in power can shape what we fear, what controls and occupies our attention. They're good at that right, that plays such a big part in the left right narrative and determine who we blame. It's those darn libs, you know, it's maga, it's this, it's that. So with psychological manipulation, physical force becomes almost unnecessary. We censor ourselves, right, We're afraid to speak truth because what a what people might think of us, or b we might lose our Facebook account. We now police our neighbors thanks to COVID. We've abandoned our rights, which you know, several decades ago even people were willing to go out and risk their freedom for. And now we even you know, this whole series exposing the Matrix talks about how we contribute to our own demise all the while we believe we are acting freely. But I'm not sure we're as free as you think we may be. And by the way, we're going to close. You can't talk about the psychological matrix with out talking about Edward Burnet, So we're going to close with that. But again, this is the psychological matrix. This is a manufactured environment in which human behavior is guided through fear, distraction, repetition, and of course division. So the objective is not merely to persuade people about one issue. It's about shaping the boundaries of acceptable thought. TV networks, social media corporations, the CIA, masad MI, five universities, foundations, advertising firms, brenees, entertainment studios. Of course, they're all part of the matrix. And with Blackrock and Vanguard, while many of these corporations may look like competitors, they're all owned by the same shareholders and the government funded nonprofits which play such a huge part in establishing what the public sees, including the textbooks and know, the medical colleges and even to a very large extent, the seminaries. So again, through the decades, the names change, but the machinery stays the same, and it stems from the Council on Foreign Relations, the Builderberg Meetings, the Trilateral Commission, World Economic Forum, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Rand Corporation, Tavistock, on and on, all of these intelligence connected organizations that operate behind the respectable language of research public safety. Again, what we saw in twenty twenty philanthropy, which is really a cover for controlling the masses and what they call social progress. Now you have corporations such as Google, Meta, Microsoft, Disney, and Amazon, and of course the major news conglomerates. They possess unp recidented power that organize information. They amplify emotion, right, they know how you're going to react when they put this information out there, and of course they will suppress anything that challenges the narrative, and they will keep millions of people staring in the same direction. And as our email are mentioned the other day, a lot of these things are indeed distractions and fear. Fear keeps the population obedient. Right, if we're on a spinning ball hurtling through a never ending space, we could be hit by an asteroid at any moment. You know, Iran has been building nukes. They've been two weeks away from nukes since nineteen ninety four. That movie The Day After Tomorrow that came out in the early eighties was one of the most watched television shows in history. I remember the next day, I was probably in fifth grade, maybe sick. Great, everybody walking in school the next day, just you know, with their eyes open and just looking for the nuclear fallout shelters to make sure we know where to go. It was fear mongering and distraction keeps us occupied and away from the truth, and division keeps it from identifying the people and the institutions that are directing the system. Every crisis produces another demand for control. Every manufactured controversy turns neighbor against neighbor, every endless stream of entertainment, it's consuming time that should be spent praying in the Bible, raising your family, you know, being out back, having to catch with your son, getting to know your neighbor, and confronting corruption. But that's I've made that point. We've become and we I'm just as guilty as everybody else. We become so comfortable that we're afraid to exchange that comfort for discomfort, right getting out there and speaking in public and being called names. You should see the emails I get every week, folks. This layer is more than just propaganda though. It's about the deliberate exploitation of the human mind. We're going to examine how trauma right mind based fear trauma like nine to eleven, like Waco. Everybody watching Waco burning on April nineteenth, nineteen ninety three. Repetition which listen. I know I used to be that guy love popular music, But when you continue to play that song, did you ever notice that if you watch a TV show or a movie, it's not like you enjoy it the same all the time, but music like I listened to led Zeppelin for probably forty years, and it wasn't until within the last couple of years I understood what was truly behind it, right, and the repetition of it and the chanting. It's very much part of this control all of it. The identity politics are veialance, which flock cameras are the big story right now. Social conditioning is used to shape our behavior. The psychological matrix doesn't require everyone to believe the same lie. That's the one thing that you need to know. It only requires that people remain afraid, distracted, divided, and too exhausted to search for the truth. And speaking of exhausted, too exhausted, I should say, I'd encourage you to go to my substack from today Monday, July twenty seventh, and go look at that substack I wrote today, And I think maybe that does contribute to much of our exhaustion that we feel today. So again, you know, this world seeks conformity. Nobody wants to be that guy to walk alone that they wanted conformity through pressure and deception, and our faith renews the mind through the truth. Layer ten is where we examine the battlefield between the two. We're going to start with fear conditioning, and it begins by repeatedly pairing an image, word, group, or an event with danger until the emotional reaction becomes automatic. The person no longer examines the evidence because the nervous system has been trained to respond. First, governments have understood this for generations. The Creole Committee that cr EEL they use coordinated messaging during World War One to transform public reluctance into support for war. After nine to eleven, the Department of Homeland Security, they had the old color coded terror alerts that kept Americans in a constant state of anticipation, right even when the warnings offered little practical information. And then of course the phrase if you see something, say something. There was psychological layers to that as well. That was training people to view ordinary surroundings and sometimes one another through suspicion. Right, you had the Karens and a big apologies to all the folks named Karen had to suffer through all that. But you get what I'm saying. Right twenty twenty, we're walking through Walmart and you're getting screamed at for not wearing your mask. And what's amazing to me is, if you go back to the sixties and seventies, the trust the liberals had against the government was next level, and they had flipped over the last twenty years to where they were the most obedient group of people the progressives during COVID Right. So the same method appeared during COVID right. Death counters remained on TV screens every day and all the terminology that was used, stay home, save lives, while businesses, schools, churches, and families were divided into categories of essential and non essential. And you know, to this very day, I still get emails from people about how devastated their lives are still from today, whether it's business were emotional from twenty twenty, and how we didn't stand up to that. And you can't, you know, take security over liberty because you won't have either. And that's where we are today. You know, all those people involved the CDC the nih everybody had their state health departments were giving daily briefings, and of course the pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Maderna. Even you look at all the nonprofits involved, the ones were familiar with, like the Gates Foundation, etc. But there's one that went under the radar, and you should check it out, the ad council, right, and those advertisements go out on where we air our radio on shortwave. A lot of those ad councils, they deliver remarkable consistent messaging. The behavioral component wasn't hidden by any stretch. Governments consulted behavioral science teams to increase compliance. Fear of illness was kind of combined with fear of social rejection, employment loss, which many of our listeners faced, travel restrictions which Canada our friends in Canada had to deal with and many other Australia, et cetera. And if you didn't follow the narrative, you were labeled publicly as being irresponsible. So fear conditioning also prepares the population to accept measures it would otherwise reject. The Transportation Security Administration the TSA, they turned invasive searches, body scanners, and warrantless inspection into a part of everyday life. Look at Pallunteer Technologies. They built a powerful data analysis system for defense, intelligence, immigration, and law enforcement. And now they have all these IRIS scan systems face recognitions all over the place. Look at Clearview AI. They assembled an enormous facial recognition database from images gathered across the internet at airports, et cetera. And every time this expanded, it was presented as protection from the latest threat. It's always the Hegelian dialect. The public is rarely asked whether the emergency measure will disappear when the emergency ends, and you all know this audience knows it never does. Now this next addition gets some attention, but I'm not sure it gets enough as it deserves. And that's the old dopamine addiction. That's the second mechanism within this layer. Technology companies didn't create tools people enjoy using just on that simple fact. What they did was they constructed products around behavioral reinforcement. And I noticed that recently. The games they create today are so much different than the games many of you and I played growing up. There was always a finish to the game, or it was a sports game. Sixty minutes in football, nine innings baseball. If you played you know, basically whatever game like Mario Brothers, it was to get through all the levels and win. But now like these Minecraft games, and there's just it's it's a constant dopamine hit. There's no real and I'm sure somebody's going to message me and say, oh no, there's something else to it. The point is, and this has to do with your candy crush and just people scrolling social media timelines. These endless scrolls remove a natural stopping point. Notifications create anticipation, right waiting for the next bing. You know, that next email, that next text message, that next breaking news. Likes and shares are like getting treats. My dog just popped her head up. The mended videos promise that the next clip may be even more satisfying than the last. Now, TikTok's owner Byte Dance, they built an extraordinarily effective recommendation system that learns how long a person pauses, what he replays, and what holds his attention. Now that's I don't go on there for that simple reason because they're just short thirty second and you know, I don't want to get caught into that constant spin. But it's interesting what they built, and they study the individual using the app, they learn what holds their attention. Snap developed streaks that make young users fear breaking a daily chain. Right, all those games today, seven day streak gotta keep going. Even Netflix, they introduced auto play so that one episode slides into another before you can make a deliberate decision. And all of this is to distract you from the important things in your world, and that is physical interactions with other human beings, studying the truth, studying the word of God, all of those things. These designs emerged from the same behavioral principles that were demonstrated in BF Skinner's experiments with variable rewards. So a predictable reward eventually becomes boring, But think of this, an unpredictable one keeps the person checking. That's why refreshing a feed resembles pulling the lever on a slot machine. And I, hey, ma, I'm guilty of doing that on X. Right. Maybe the next time I've refreshed that you feed, the big story will be there and I'm gonna have to jump into research and get it out to the masses. You know, sometimes there's nothing interesting, there's something funny, shocking, you know, frightening or even personally affirming. But that uncertainty in itself strengthens the habit. Companies such as Apple, x, Ready, YouTube, and all the major mobile game developers, they compete for minutes of our attention because those minutes can be measured and packaged and sold, so the cost is not limited to wasted time. Constant simulate, or I should say stimulation. It weakens patience, silence. Our concentration is not what it used to be. People cannot stand to sit in silence and to simply contemplate things. A person who is, you know, accustomed to fifteen second clips, they're going to struggle to read just one chapter of a book or scripture without reaching for their phone. That's why in the office, when I'm getting to work, the phone's not here, and people think I'm ignoring them. I can't because if I pick it up once, I'm going to be in here much longer than I need to. So again, a person may be physically present with their spouse and children, but they're mentally and subconsciously even they're waiting for that next notification. Our mind is kept busy, but it's never settled. Informed, but not wise. The system doesn't have to forbid serious thought if it can make serious thought feel intolerable. And then, of course there's the rage cycles. And I've seen it trickle into the real world, people losing their minds over getting the wrong sauce at McDonald's, a red light. You know, there's always and angry people. But I think the things they rage out on are so silly that this contributes to why a lot of this happens, these rage cycles online. What they're doing is they're combining emotional conditioning with a digital reward. You know why, because anger produces clicks, comments, free posts, longer viewing sessions, and with organizations like X et cetera, you get paid based on the clicks and the views. That's where the term clickbait comes from. People will post something just moronic or even fake news right just to get those clicks. But you know, a simple calm explanation would be read once, but an accusation can generate thousands of reactions. And news organizations they've done this forever, Fox NN, MSNBC. They know that conflict retains audiences. And you know, up until twenty years ago, like even ESPN and those type of your morning shows they just gave you the news and yes, opinion. But then they started to see that the rage bait worked, so all the TV shows turned into just arguments online. Two or three guys, two or three women, and it's what's the subject, and we're going to argue about it. And it gets people in a rage, and it gets the clicks, but it's not really accomplishing anything. And that's why I'm not a I'm not a fan of those type of platforms, but platforms that detect activity and distribute material further, so the result is a self reinforcing cycle. You have inflammatory content receives attention, Attention triggers promotion, and promotion create it's more anger, and that anger produces additional content and pr firms political organizations they exploit that through clipped videos, selective quotations, and the fake grassroots campaigns we see all the time. Cambridge Analytica, they became famous for using personal data to construct psychological profiles for political targeting, but the underlying industry they didn't vanish with that company. You had data brokers such as Axiom and Experience. They continue to assemble detailed customer profiles, while political consulting firms divide the electorate into emotional categories that can be reached with different messages, and that experience in those guys. You know, if you are a cash person and you don't like debt, they'll pun out issue for that, and that is one of those things that are going to evolve into your social credit score. It will be factored in without a doubt. So this cycle keeps ordinary people fighting horizontally while power continues vertically. The Republicans and Democrats are encouraged to despise each other, while major defense contractors, the banks, pharmaceuticals, lobbying firms, the nonprofits, they all retain their influence under both parties. Your Raytheons, Lockheed, Martin, Northrope, Grumman, JP, Morgan, Blackrock. They do not depend upon Americans reconciling with one another. Conflict is useful because a furious population watches the spectacle instead of following the money or you know, following legislation or asking who benefits from the next crisis. Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of man work, if not the righteousness of God. The system demands an instant reaction every time We refuse to be frightened on command, refuse the digital beit, refuse to hate someone that was selected for us. We break one of the psychological matrix's strongest forms of control. If you can do that, let's talk about identity politics, and it reduces human beings to competing categories race, sex, class, religion, political affiliation, and then teaches each category how each of us should resent each other instead of judging people by their character and conduct. Institutions assign collective guilt and collective victimhood. Your DEI and the Open Society foundations, the Human Rights Campaign and all these corporate consultants have helped embed this framework throughout the workplace, schools, and public life. And what it does it fractures natural bonds of family, church, community while making political identity the center of a person's existence. And then you have something that I think is more prevalent than ever, and that is depression and isolation. And I know it affects a lot of people in this community because you know, we see the world in such a different way that we lose the zest to talk about the things that, for lack of a better word, than normies want to talk about. You know, it's it's Monday today, it's lunchtime, and many people are on their lunch break right now talking about whatever baseball game happened yesterday, or the latest movie, what a great ending it was, or you know, Trump's next move. That's not the way we see things, and that isolation can make people easier to influence because again, lonely individuals are seeking belonging wherever it's offered. Now, whatever you think of the whole Q movement or Q on in, it brought a lot of people that because they were truthers and they wanted to belong to a group. And again, I think in the beginning there was a lot of honesty. But here we are almost ten years later, nothing's changed. Some things have come to light, but I think a lot of that is because the hard work of the truth community itself. Now, look we're at in twenty twenty six, remote work, digital relationships. How often do we text our family members instead of calling them like we used to? Pornography which has ruined and lives broken families. And I'm here to tell you church attendance. Man, Let me tell you something you know last week we did in a Layer nine was religion and I tuned in on YouTube to our local church which is a little over ten minutes away, and they had a seventy eight year old lady there who gave probably, I would say, one of the top I've heard a lot of bad ones, but actually, front to end, one of the top ten worst sermons I've ever heard in my life. It was bad, and I forwarded to my buddy of forty years and he was it's like the things that are going on in our church today, Well, it's no wonder the church is declining. People don't want to be a part of that heresy, and the church attendance keeps people separated, and that has played such a part the loss of our neighborhood and community life, and it has left so many people surrounded by communication but starved for fellowship in person, fellowship better help in Pharmaceutical manufacturers such as Eli, Lilly and Johnson and Johnson that they make so much profit off of that nonsense for treating the consequences, while the conditions that produce this despair remain largely untouched. Right, you talk to the doctor and you tell them you know what you're struggling with. That's okay. We have a prescription for you, and if that one doesn't work, we have another prescription for you. And if you get side effects from that one, don't worry about it. I have a pill for that side effects. You know, we're commanded not to forsake assembling together because again, isolation leaves the mind exposed and the spirit weakened. And this endless distraction ensures that people never remain still long enough to recognize what's going on. And you know, most people are so worked up with the latest celebrity scandal professional sports gambling app. Let me tell you, these gambling apps have become a real problem, and it kills me. Right, I grew up watching Pete Rose. He played on the Phillies for a few years I think eighty to eighty three, right, and he was not allowed in the Hall of Fame because of gambling. And now you watch a game, you know it's the fifth inning DraftKings. Will Jimmy Johnson get a hit? It's hypocrisy. And again, don't like email me saying, well, bro, he bet on the same team. I get all that. My point is every sport now has put gambling on such a high pedestal, and they've normalized it right, people lose bucks a day. That's one hundred and forty bucks a week. For my truck. That's almost a full tank of gas. I've got a thirty six gallon tank. Oh man, it's painful to go to the gas station. DraftKings, FanDuel, porn Hub, Spotify, Hulu, the celebrity press, the influencers. By the way, did you see USC? I think it was. USC now offers the first major of online influencer. You can go to college, put yourself in debt, you know, fifty one hundred thousand dollars to become a professional influencer. Yep. So again they're only they only have to keep the mind moving from one appetite to the next. And that's all they need to do. Now, speaking of you, porn and poor Hub or whatever they're called. Right, You know, when you get to the subject and you find out the people who are running these things, and the name of their firm is called Ethical Capital Partners, And I almost spit out my coffee when I read that, And you know, I'm thinking, what a grotesque contradiction. You know, there's somebody's daughter and son humiliating themselves because this world glorifies it and people can make a quick buck. And the only fan things that these people are celebrities. Now this is Mia Rochelle and she's got a million followers and she made fourteen million dollars last month. You can never get your dignity back, like when you It's just so brutal and as human and as men were broken. And I know some people are attracted to that trash, but it is such a soul destroyer, it really is. And you have this Solomon Friedman guy, yep, he is part of the small Hatters club. He is an ordained rabbi turned criminal defense attorney and yes, founding partner of Ethical Capital Partners. And he has become the polished public face that is used to present this empire is responsible, respectable, and properly regulated. And I think it's hilarious, not really hilarious, but you smell what I'm cooking here. The word ethical functions as corporate camouflage. It's dressing an industry of degradation and smut into the language of safety, compliance and investment management. Right, just like the Patriot Act. You would have to be anti Patriot not to love this act, you know, And yeah, Friedman doesn't operate alone. I got it right that there's law enforcement advisors and attorneys and everybody else. But behind all of them stands Lowe's interconnected collection of websites and even studios. This is not simply a man selling obscene videos from a backroomed. This is an organized corporate structure that is using lawyers to defend it, public relations to sanitize it, algorithms to distribute it, and financial infrastructure to monetize it. And Friedman's role is especially revealing because he supplies the intellectual and legal justification. And again, pornography is treated as just one of those things. It's unavoidable, it's part of life. So again, the supposed ethical response is to manage it, and boy do they profit from it. Let me tell you something, there is nothing ethical about building wealth from corrupting young people and the human mind. Look age verification and content moderation do not change the nature of the product. A verified adult can still destroy his marriage. I mean that pastor out of Virginia, was it Kenny Hopkins? I'm sorry if the name's wrong, but that guy spoke at my best friend's church to those youth groups and was supposed to come again in September. And if you're a youth pastor, if you have any sweet tooth, well you better get that tooth pulled or stay the heck away from the pulpit, because you destroy your life, your family's life, and those you corrupted. And the Bible's very clear. I think it might be James one to five, forgive me if I'm wrong, that says there is a special treatment for these type of people. It is just awful, even you know, people say, well, what about a consensually uploaded video that still trains a young man to associate intimacy with selfish consumption. A carefully regulated pornography site can still lead a pastor, a husband, a father, a teenager. That's why, my goodness, let me tell you something. George Hobbes at fifteen years old in twenty twenty six. Hmm, my goodness, gracious, well, I know my parents they would let me have one. They know I was a schemer man, and there's no way they would allow me to have one. But that stuff brings shame and what we call spiritual paralysis. The company points toward procedure because procedure allows it to avoid the deeper moral question, and what is that question. Should anyone become wealthy by feeding sexual temptation to millions of people? And it's a shame in this world that the artists, like in the music industry, they get such a smaller portion than these evil parasites that control this. But the fact that they make money off the corruption of these young people, it is just evil. And I'm not trying to compare music to the porn industry. The porn industry shouldn't exist whatsoever. This machinery is so destructive to families and listen, Christian men, because it reaches directly into the private place where outward reputation and inward life can separate. Right, someone can attend church, lead his family in prayer and profess his faith pardon me, while privately returning to images that poison his thoughts, and it hollows out his marriage. It just weakens discipline, It steals affection from the loved one. And I will tell you it will leave a life of guilt. Just I Even if you go to Google and you put in you know pastor arrested pastor this, It's just so. And that's why Psalm one eighteen eight is so important. Don't put your trust in man, put your trust in the Lord man. It's going to fall. But this industry understands that shame. It keeps the customer silent. Silent prevents confession. Silence prevents accountability, which we see all the time, and that silence keeps the cash flowing. So Solomon Friedman and Ethical Capital Partners, they call themselves responsible, but they are heathens, they are reprobates. They need to repent and close their doors. They truly, truly do you know a company cannot place the word ethical over an empire that profits whenever another husband falls, another marriage suffers, and another Christian man becomes enslaved behind a lock screen and listen, I'm not here to blame. You can't put your blame on a cell phone or a website for your misgivings. But they're not helping it either. Next we'll talk about social fragmentation and what that does. It breaks society into disconnected individuals who no longer possess these strong local relationships or shelled loyalties. We really enjoy going to the on Wednesdays out here. We have auctions and it's nice just to be within the community of farmers and say hello and the Amish are there selling coffee and pretzels and things like that. So it's important to be a part of community. Yeah, families, scattering neighborhoods become collections of strange and we've seen so many small businesses just disappear over the last six years. And these community institutions surrender authority to these distant bureaucracies. Corporations such as Walmart, private equity chains replace local ownership, while centralized school systems and these professional organizations assume responsibilities that were once carried by the parents, the church, and neighbors. The individual becomes increasingly dependent upon institutions that know nothing about him personally and cannot love him. Emotional manipulation keeps that fragmented population moving according to engineered feelings. You have these advertising conglomerates omnicon, WPP. What they do is they employee behavioral data, psychological testing, color music, sexual images, and carefully selected language to bypass deliberate judgment. Political consultants and firms such as McKenzie. They package policies through slogans, focus groups, and emotional narratives. The product may be a candidate, medication, military action, or corporate agenda, but the method remains the same. Create the desired feeling first, then provide the approved action as the emotional release learned. Helplessness develops when people repeatedly encounter problems they believe cannot change. Right, taxes rise, well, nothing I can do about it. I heard this the other day. Gas prices once again. We're going to be hitting five dollars soon. Well, we got to drive anyway, Nothing you can do about it. All the while, agencies multiply automated systems replace human assistance, elections produce the same outcomes, and faceless corporations dictate the daily terms of life. Right, how many times do we say black Rock Vanguard, black Rock Vanguard? But who are the names involved with them? And after enough failed attempts to resist, most people stop attempting altogether. They say, well, nothing can be done, and they simply accept the conditions that their fathers and forefathers would have never tolerated. That resignation is immensely valuable and entrenched power, because a defeated population does not need to be physically conquered, It is already surrendered internally. So the deeper result is mental exhaustion. The modern mind is assaulted from morning until night, by your alerts, advertisements, emergencies, the latest controversy, the next bill, right, Israel joining up with America's military, all of them. People aren't simply tired because they work. An exhausted person loses the strength to investigate, to resist, to pray, or to think several moves ahead. It defeats you know, deep thinking and constructive, you know thinking, and that person will eventually accept whatever promises immediate relief. And you know that leads us to the one and only Edward Burneith. He lived to be geez, what a is this? Right? He lived to be one hundred and three And you know, longtime listeners know his name. We've talked about him a nauseum. He's best known for campaigns that included a nineteen twenty nine effort to promote female smoking because most women didn't smoke. Part of that and the second companies were like, we're missing half a customer base. So he came up with the Torches of Freedom. He was connected with the CIA orchestrated overthrow of the democratically elected Guatemalan government in nineteen fifty four. He worked for all the big organizations Proctor G. Procter and gamble, pardon me and ge and his I think it's his great nephew works for Netflix, and I'm going to pause and get that confirm that information confirmed. His name is Mark Randolph and he is also part of the club. And he was born to a Jewish family in Chappaqua, New York. And one of Ralf's paternal great grand uncles was psychoanalys pioneer Sigmund Freud, and the other was Edward Berneze. And it's I find it so funny that the grand nephew of Edward Burne's runs a company that most Americans have a subscription to. Right, And this article is written by Richard Gunderman, and the article is from The Conversation, and it's entitled The Manipulation of the American Mind, Edward Burnez and the Birth of public Relations. The most interesting man in the world, reach out and touch someone finger licking good. Such advertising slogans have now become fixtures of American culture, and each year millions now tune into the Super Bowl as much for the ads as for the football. While no single person can claim exclusive credit for the ascendancy of advertising an American life, no one deserves credit more than any man than Edward Burne's. I first encountered Burnee to an article I was writing on propaganda, and it quickly became clear that he was one of the twentieth century's foremost salesman of ideas. The fact that twenty years have elapsed since his death provides a fitting opportunity to re examine his legacy. Often referred to as the father of pr Bernese, in nineteen twenty eight published his seminal work Propaganda, in which he argued that public relations is not a gimmick but a necessity. The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government, which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes are formed, and our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of. It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind. He was born in eighteen ninety one, the Sigmund Freud published one of his earliest papers. Bernese was also Freud's nephew twice over. His mother was Freud's sister Anna, and his father, Eli Burnese, was the brother of Freud's wife Martha. So the year after his birth, the Bernese family moved to New York, and he later graduated for Cornell from Cornell Partony with a degree in agriculture, but instead of farming, he chose a career in journalism, and he eventually helped the Woodrow Wilson administration promote the idea that the US efforts in World War One were intended to bring democracy in Europe, and they still use that today. We're bringing democracy to Venezuela, We're bringing democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan. Do you remember the big deal they made about the Iraqi's voting with they were putting their fingers in the ink propaganda they put in office who they wanted continuing. Having seen how effective propaganda could be during war, Burnes wondered whether it might prove equally useful during peacetime. Yet propaganda had acquired a somewhat pejorative connotation, which would, by the way, be further magnified in World War II. So Burnees promoted the new term public relations, and he drew on the insights of his uncle Sigmund. A relationship Burne's was always quick to mension. He developed an approach he dubbed the engineering of consent. He provided leaders the means to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing about it. So to do so, it was necessary to appeal not to the rational part of the mind, but to the subconscious, and Burnees acquired an oppressive list of clients, ge Procter and Gamble, the American tobacco Company, media outlets like CBS, even politicians such as Calvin Coolidge. To counteract President Coolidge as stiff image, Burne's organized a pancake breakfast and white house concerts with Al Jolson and other Broadway performers, and with Burne's help, Coolidge won the nineteen twenty four election. Burne's publicity campaigns were the stuff of legend. To overcome sales resistance to cigarette smoking among women, Burne staged a demonstration at the nineteen twenty nine Easter Parade, having fashionable young women flaunt their quote torches of freedom at an Easter parade of all things. He promoted lucky strikes by convincing woman that the forest green hue of the cigarette pack was among the most fashionable of colors, and the success of this effort was manifested in innumerable window displays and fashion shows in the nineteen thirties. He promoted cigarettes as both soothing to the throat and slimming to the waistline. But at home, Burnees was attempting to persuade his own wife to kick the habit. When would When he would, I should say, find a pack of her parliaments in their home, he would snap every one of them in half and throw them in the toilet. While promoting cigarettes as soothing and slimming, Burnez, as it seems, was quite aware of the studies linking smoking to cancer. Now he even used the same techniques on children to convince kids that bathing could be fun. He sponsored soap sculpture competitions and floating contests. These were designed to prove that ivory bars were more buoyant than competing products, and he used fear to sell products. So for Dixie cups, Burne's launched a campaign to scare people into thinking that only disposable cups were sanitary. As part of this campaign, he founded the Committee for the study and promotion of the sanitary dispensing and food and drink. So his ideas sold a lot more than cigarettes and Dixie cups. That's the biggest part here. Even though Burnet saw the power of propaganda during war and used it to sell during peacetime, he couldn't have imagined that his writings on public relations would have such a tool on the third rank, right, we all know. In the twenties, Joseph Goebbels he became an admirer of Burne's and his writings, even though Burne's was a jew which was extremely interesting. So again, while Burnet's writings furnish isn't a principal or tradition by which to evaluate the appropriateness of propaganda, but simply a means of shaping public opinion for any purpose, whether beneficial to human beings or not. So that observation led Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter to warn President Roosevelt allowing Berneze to play a leadership role during World War Two. That judge described him and his colleagues as professional poisoners of the public mind, exploiters of foolishness, fanticism, and self interest. I think today we might call Burne's pioneering a form of branding, but at its core it represents little more than a particularly brazen set of techniques that is used to manipulate. And you can't really use any other word to manipulate people to get them to do your bidding. Now, what is the underlying purpose? Yes, in large part it was to make money, But by convincing people that they want something they don't need, Burne sought to turn citizens and neighbors into consumers who use their purchasing power to propel themselves down the road of happiness. Without a moral compass. Such a transformation promotes a patronizing and ultimately cynical view of human nature and human possibilities. One is likely to destroy lives as to build them up. And you know, the name Edward Burne's really needs to get out there. I think over the last five years against COVID his name has gotten out there. But you know, there's a book out there that you should I think it was by Sheldon Rampton, and it's called Toxic Sludge Is Good for You. But one of Burnet's biggest coups was and you know, you could call it his most influential acts happened in the mid to late forties. Again that transformation from forty five into the fifties was so transformational. He was hired by ALCOA and that stands for the Aluminum Company of America. And what he did was orchestrate a public relations campaign to convince the public that purchasing Alcoa's highly neuro toxic and cellular toxic by crop pie product pardon me, which are the fluoride salts to willingly fluoridate the nation's drinking water supplies under the guys of preventing tooth decay. So Alcoa was spending so much money getting rid of the waste. They hired Bernets and he convinced people to take this highly neurotoxic and cellular I'm struggling today, guys, cellular toxic byproduct, these fluoride salts willingly put them in the nation's drinking water supply. It was one of his most successful campaigns, with some state legislators passing laws that compelled reluctant municipalities to fluoridate their water with toxic waste product that had notoriously poisoned soil, water, air, and all of the living things that had surrounded Alcoa's manufacturing plants for decades. The aluminium industry profited greatly. And there's a reason why the countries that fluoridate their water have the highest cancer rates, because they drink the fluoridated water. They use sunscreen and the acne cream which I had sent an email to one of our listeners. It might have been Sunday, right, and the benzene is cancerous. They want you to believe you're getting the skin cancer from the sun. No, no, no, no. You know, an attorney by the name of Oscar Ewing paid about seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year back in the day. This Alcoa lawyer was appointed by Harry Truman as head of the US Public Health Service, and again he was obedient to the hidden agenda of the aluminium industry. So he and Burnez orchestrated this national fluoridation campaign that, over several years fluoridated some ninety American cities. Now there were opponents to the fluoride program saying that there is now and now proven, or there was now proven a conspiracy occurring between industry and government, and those people were painted as deranged conspiracy theorists. It's just unbelievable, right, and that's what they do to truthers. People knew how often it was going to be for people's health, and they're just labeled. Right, O, don't get out of it. You're deranged. This is going to help your teeth. Okay, whatever you say about please put that go. Look at the Alcoa plant. I think it was an organ somewhere. Everything around the vicinity was just dead from all the fluoride waste. I have an idea. Let's put it in our drinking water. There you go. Layer ten, the psychological matrix. How fear, distraction, and division shape behavior. Our email address is the fact Hunter at mail dot com. That is the fact under at mailnt gmail dot com. God bless you have a wonderful week. Keep your head on a swivel and Christ in your heart. And until we meet again, my friends, we will see it to sell you.
Speaker 2: The lies chief you through lies, voices flow dear, teaching you to live in fear. We travel the lies, choose the side, feed the anger, feed the lads through the noise. One truth remains.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ still breaks the check.
Speaker 4: Pase got your mind attack your soul to let the system take control. Sod from the noise.
Speaker 1: Reject the lies.
Speaker 4: Keep your heart.
Speaker 1: On Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: When every screen demands your us stand in the truth and God your mind, endless pleasure, empty praise. I was disappearing to the haste, Brook's homes and wounded, then swearing they won't fall again.
Speaker 4: Christ still calls the body home. You shot gonners, fire alone.
Speaker 2: Ton fis the sin, step towards.
Speaker 4: The line, Take up the corn standing fa got your mind, protect yourself so let the system take control from the noise, protect the lines. Keep your heart on Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: When every strange demands your eyes stand in the truth and God your mind.
Speaker 4: God has not given us the speaking of fear his words truely, only trust me be transformed.
Speaker 3: Let your bear new what's as honest, whatsovers true to.
Speaker 4: God, to mine for texas holy gee. Jesus makes us whole, holave the darkness.
Speaker 2: Face the line, walk by faith, not.
Speaker 4: By side when this fallen world.
Speaker 5: Demand your rise, standing true, God, your money.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the fact Hunter Radio Network.
Speaker 5: Just the facts, ma'am.