Speaker 1: Well, Hello, this is Dean Gleason. I'm the executive director and chief investigator for Seaway Valley Bigfoot Research. We're located in upstate New York on the Canadian border in the Seaway Valley region, which is where the Saint Lawrence River goes from the Great Lakes and eventually goes to the Ocean, so that's why they call it the Seaway Valley. I've been doing investigations for about thirty five years or so, give her take a little bit. I've had six sightings over that period of time, most of them on my own property. I feel that I probably have a group my property, a small family group. I'm thinking there's probably four of them. From the difference in the tracks and from the sidings I've had, I believe I've seen Big Papa, Big Mama, and at least one of their kids, a juvenile that probably by now has going up quite a bit because it was about four years ago and I saw the side four or five years ago. But anyway, I also have done investigations with BRFO, with a partnership with them, but most of the time I'm out doing solo investigations, following up on leads from y witnesses and other sources of information that follow my lap, and I tried to get out there as quickly as I can, if at all possible, and so everything is fresh and the people's minds, and hopefully find some physical evidence has been left behind and tracks or other things, and I've had fairly good luck with that. I was on episode of three thirty three back a couple of years ago or so, and enjoyed my conversation with your host and the feedback that I got from some of the fans that saw fit to message me. It was a lot of fun, and I was at to come back again, and I'm very happy to be here. I grew up in a small town up in northern New York, and when I was a kid, I first got introduced to the bigfoot phenomena in a movie called Mysterious Monsters, was hosted by Peter Graves, and it just sparked my interest. But I never thought for a million years that they were bigfoot in my area until one day when I was running my trap line on a small creek on our land and I actually found some tracks that had come into the swamp and back out and across to the other side of the creek, and I didn't tell anybody about it for years and years and years because I thought people wouldn't believe me, which is probably a typical response for most people that have seen a bigfoot. They don't want people to think they're crazy, so they keep it to themselves. A few years back, I had a jeep and I went and bought one of those stickers and put across the top of the wind chilled. You know you've probably seen them. People have them to say gone hunting or gone fishing. Well, I bought one that said gone squatching and put it out my jeep, and it was probably one of the best research tools that I ever had, because I would have people come up to me in parking lots, grocery stores, you name it, because they saw my jeep and wanted to talk to me. And I even had one gentleman follow me to a client's house. I'm a home health aate. I take care of people in their homes that are in need of services. And I was on my way to one of the people's homes and I actually passed a guy that was standing in his yard and he saw my jeep and he got in his car and followed me to the client's house just to tell me his Bigfoot story. And I collected hundreds of Bigfoot stories over the few years that I had that that there was hardly a month that went by where somebody didn't want to come and talk to me about Bigfoot. And so I was just talking to the host and he wanted me to tell you my latest adventures in the bigfoot research. During the pandemic, I decided I was going to put a camp on my land. I had wanted to have one for years, but I really didn't have the time or the money to do it. But I'd saved up a little bit of money and I was going to build a camp. But then the pandemic hit and prices of wood went skyrocketing up, and I thought, well, I guess I'm going to have to put my dream in hold right now until everything settles down. Well, I saw an ad on Facebook that some Amish had put up a business not too far from where my land was, where they were building sheds, and the prices seemed pretty reasonable. So I contacted them and asked them about building me a shed with a man door in it instead of a big opening door. And some windows, and they said no problem, and I was able to get it within my budget and put it on my land. Well, the first year I was there, I did a lot of sprucing up around there. I cut brush and made myself a little long on, made a little fireplace outside, and I went back to the Amish woodmill. They sell scrap wood there for people to burn, like an outdoor fire pits and things. So I got a truckloaded of the wood and I brought it back to the camp and I unloaded it and I decided to mow the lawn. So I was busy working around the camp and I came back to my truck. There was a hayfield between me and the next property over, quite quite a long hayfield, I'd probably half a mile or more, and I saw something moving. There was a fence line that divides the property, and I saw something moving along the fence line, and I thought, oh, it's probably one of the Amish gentlemen walking out back there doing whatever, you know, he had to do. And I looked again and I noticed that it wasn't a person. It was it was a big foot and he was standing next to the fence watching me. And this was early in the summer. The grass was pretty high, but you know, people hadn't really been back doing hanging or any other farming yet they were you know, was still pretty early for that, and he was standing on the other side of the fence just watching me do what I was doing. So I went back into camp and I got a pair of binoculars and I come back out and I started watching him. Well after a minute or two, he realized that I had seen him, and he walked away, and he didn't seem like he was in too big of a hurry. He just kind of walked down along the fence and went back into the brush. So I thought, well, that was pretty cool. I got to see a big foot today, and I got getting work done. So I went back to what I was doing, and about a half an hour later, I walked back over to my truck again and I looked and he was back. Apparently he figured, you know, I had lost interest in him, and he but he hadn't lost interest in me, So he came back and was standing there watching me over the fence. And this time I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but at the time I had a pretty crappy one, so I got your typical blurry bigfoot picture. But I did get a picture of him as best I could, and you could see he's there in the picture. He's towering quite the ways above the fence, and I'm thinking that maybe he is the juvenile that I saw, you know, a couple of years before that, and be grown up a little bit. When I saw him up close, he was about four foot tall, and this guy was probably at least my height, so he was around five ten or so. He wasn't huge, but he was, you know, big enough that you could tell that it was bigfoot, and especially looking at tu binoculars, I could see him quite well. I just wish i'd have had a better phone with me or a better camera so I could have got a better picture of him. But that was the last sighting I had. Now. As far as experiences, that's another story. I've had tons and tons of experiences over the period of time doing investigations and just being out in the woods. One of the most remarkable ones was I was at a convention down in Baltimore, Maryland, and I had done a panel at the convention on bigfoot research, and I had come back into the convention floor and was walking around and these three young ladies come up to me, and they had told me that they had been given my name, but they didn't know that I was going to be at the convention. It just happened to be a coincidence that we ran into each other. A couple of years before this, I had done a interview on a blog show that TAPS put out the ghost Hunters. They used to have the show ghost Hunters. The organization is called TAPS, and I had been on the show and talked about Bigfoot. Well, they had come up to the area where these three young ladies live and we're doing a ghost investigation of a haunted cemetery there. And while they were there, they were walking around in the cornfield next to the cemetery and they found bigfoot tracks. And they told the people there, you know, if you want somebody to follow up on this, you should get a hold of Dean. We know him. He was here not too far away. He possibly could come down and do an investigation. I told the ladies shore anytime, let me know when you want me to come in, and I'll be more unhappy to So I ended up doing two weekend investigations down in the area. It's called Bath, New York, and the name of the place is called Ebony Rose Farms. Is the area where I was, and the one young lady lived there. She had had a sighting. She had seen one standing on the back deck of her house and it was standing in the woodline looking at her. So I went over there and she showed me where she had seen it, and we did a little re enactment to try to figure out how big the bigfoot was. And I'm pretty sure she was telling me the truth, where you know, everything kind of added up what she had told me. So anyways, we used Eboney Rose Farms as a base camp for the research. Both weekends I was there, and the first day we went out, there was four of us that went there was because I didn't really know the area. So I was using this young man that was dating one of the girls as my guide, and she went and her mother went, and we were into like a kind of a swampy area where we started out, and the young man and I went down near the swamp and they stayed up kind of up on the higher ground. Well, we were down there for a little while and we were listening, and we did a couple of calls to see if we could get an answer back, and we thought we heard something, but it was quite a ways off, and while we were standing there, I heard somebody walking behind us, so I thought it was one of the young ladies was walking down to see us, or was just walking around and making noise, so I didn't think too much of it. So when we went back up and met back up with the two young ladies, I said, well, did you guys start coming down do you want did you want something? And they're like, we didn't move from the spot we thought you were coming back up the hill, So something walked between our two groups. The next morning we followed up on it and we did find what looked like some tracks, but it was you know, in the the leave debris and ranch bree so it wasn't anything solid, but you could see where something had definitely moved down through there. And we did find some scat further up the trail that looked like it could have been sasquash scat. It had pieces of fur in it and a few pieces of a small bone and some other things in it, so whatever it was, it was carnivore. It had eaten something, some kind of an animal, and we had the know had seen that. So anyway, I asked the young gentleman if there was any way we could get further down on the other side of the swamp, and he said, yes, there's an access road that goes down through the state land and there's you know, a little pond back in there on the other side of where the swamp is. So we went back up to the house and we told the owners what we were going to do. And by this point, the young lady that had had the sighting was was home and she wanted to go with us. So her mother told us, well, sure you can go with us with them, but do whatever Dean tells you to do, okay, So don't screw around, you know, be polite and be you know, well behaved, and you can go. So she agreed to that, so we went up there. So this time we had the same group plus her. So again her and I and the young gentleman it was kind of my guide. We went down near the pond while the other group stayed back a little ways. So while we were down by the pond, we did a couple of calls, and we could hear some rustling around in the brush, but we couldn't see anything. So I told the young gentleman, so, why don't you go get a stick and go up a little ways and find a tree and do a couple of wood knocks and see if maybe that'll get some response for them. And I told the young lady to go with him, So I stayed down by the water and they went up and they did a couple of wood knocks. Well, we almost immediately got a response, and I guess I didn't give the enough instructions that they had to be quiet, because as soon as they heard the wood knocking, they're like, did you hear that? Did you hear that? I could hear them down by the pond talking to each other, So they come running down there and they're like, did you hear that? Means you hear that? I go, yeah, I heard it, but we're probably done for the night, because the whole idea of this is to make them think we're another bigfoot. And I says, you know, by you talking, we've probably alerted them that were people. And it started to drizzle rain a little bit, so I was kind of thinking about getting out of there anyway, so we decided to call it quit. So we started walking back towards where the trucks were. Now, like I said, it was rain and so it was an overcast night, so there was like no light, you know, the moon was not shining, and the start you couldn't have any star or anything through the clouds. So it was pretty darn dark. So we're walking up the hill and the young gentleman says, I'll go first because I know where I'm going. You guys follow me. So I was walking behind him, and the young lady was standing walking next to me, and she leans into me and she goes, boy, it is kind of hard to walk here in the dark, isn't it? And she no more and got those words out of her mouth. When we got another woodknock, and it was right on top of us. We couldn't see anything as it being so dark, but I was guessing the thing was less than the Bigfoot was less than fifty yards away from this. It was close, and I think every paranormal investigator has had this experience. I call it a Scooby Doo moment. She was grabbing handfuls of me and trying to climb right up on my backs. And she was screaming, it's right over there, It's right over there. And I started laughing and I'm like, yeah, it's right over there. I said. But it's not going to hurt you. I said, if it wanted to hurt you, it would have. I says, it's just letting you know, Hey, this is my spot. You guys need to go. So we got back to the farm and I was telling her mom, I'm about to you know what happened. And her mom started laughing and she's like, you're not as tough as you think you are, you to her daughter. And so that was that was pretty cool experience. The young lady and I got along real well in the family and we kind of bonded. And the young lady graduated two years ago from college and she asked her mom if she can invite me to the graduation party, which they had a bonfire and they had a bunch of her friends from college and her family were all there. And so anyways, the young people, you know, they did what they were going to do at a graduation party. They had, you know, enough to drink and everything, and so they kind of wandered off and went back to their tentcer their camps wherever they were going, and the only people left at the fire or myself and her parents and so oh, probably about eleven eleven thirty, we heard a pack of coyotes and they sounded like they had something down. They had a successful hunt. They had taken down a deer or something. And they sounded like they were pretty close, but you know, not real real close, but you know, fairly close to where we were. So anything's everything quieted down. So I said, well, they're feeding, that's what they're doing. Now. They got they killed whatever they were going to kill, and now they're feeding. So about fifteen to twenty minutes later, we heard a bigfoot aggressive howl. I mean a big one. I mean it was like just a screaming, aggressive, growley howl. And the two parents that were set at the fire with me, they had they jumped up and they goes that I think that was and yeah, I said, that's a bigfoot cowl. And I said, you know, what else just happened? And they're like what And I go to the coyotes, he's just lost their dinner and they started laughing. I go, yeah, this sounds like it came right from the same spot. I says, he's chasing them off and he's going to take what he wants, so they're killing and uh, we just you know, we just had a good time. You know, we listened for a while longer, but everything was was pretty silent. But over at my research camp, I've I've gotten lots of responses back there. I've gotten howls, I've gotten wood knocks. I had one come by the camp one night while I was sleeping and slapped the side of the camp, So I know they're still in there. They haven't moved off. There's still at least they They come through there occasionally. Because I've had encounters with them. I've been gifting them back there, bringing them you know, cookies and things like that, and I have a spot where I leave them, and I can always tell if they take him or some other animal took them, because when they take them, they take the whole package. If something else gets in them, they eat it right there and leave the wrappers. But the Bigfoot, they'll they'll take the whole thing. They'll take the whole package of cookies or the candie bars or whatever I leave there for them. I have a grandson that lives down in South Carolina, and he came up to visit me for a couple of weeks, and I took him back to the camp to go camping. And I had another gentleman that I had invited back because he likes coming back there and hanging out when I'm there, so I invited him to come too, and I told him, Hey, I'm going to throw some hot dogs on the grill and Jason and I are going to have a fire, you know, come on back. So we were there for a little while, and I went off to use the little boy's tree, and I thought I heard something walk by me. But I wasn't thinking bigfoot. I don't have big quist stuck on the brain where I every little noise I hear I think is a big foot. I figured out it could be a deer, could be something else, so I wasn't really thinking too much about it. So I went back to the camp and I got the hot dog started, and my grandson was hanging out listening to his iPod or whatever they call that thing with the earphones, and all of a sudden I heard some wood knocking and I roused him. I was, hey, take take the earphones off. You're going to want to hear this. So he did, and we could hear the wood knock kept repeating. So we walked away from the camp, probably a couple of hundred yards, and we were standing on the edge of the woods towards the field and it sounded like the wood knocking was coming from the other side of the field. So we were standing there and we were listening to that, and my friend showed up. He pulled in with his jeep and the wood knocking stopped. So he got out of the jeep and he says, what are you guys doing And I told him, I said, we're hearing wood knocking back here. He goes, really, and we're like yeah. So he came over and stood with us, and we probably stood there for fifteen twenty minutes and we didn't hear anything else. So we started to go back to the camp to you know, have our hot dogs and everything, and so he said which tree we use and I kind of laughed. I said, just anyone over there. So he walked away to go to the tree, and all of a sudden, bang, we had a wood knock and it was real close. It was near the camp he come running around the camp. He goes, you didn't do that, did you? And I'm like, no, I've been standing right here next to the girl. I didn't do anything. And he's like, holy cow. He goes, that was close, and I'm like, yep. So I walked over towards where I said, must have been this tree over here. So I started to walk kind of towards that tree, and I looked down on the ground, and on the ground just a little ways off the corner of the camp were like a little circle, like oval shape, or four corn cobs and seven little potatoes. And I know they weren't there before. They weren't there when we got to the camp, So I think that they were gifted me back. And I'm thinking maybe that's what the whole thing with the wood knocking was that they were trying to distract me away from the camp, and the closer one put that stuff there, and that was probably the one that did the wood knock. When my friend walked away from the camp, I'm thinking, well, I didn't go that summer. I was there quite a bit, but the summer after that, I wasn't there very much. I temporarily had moved away to Pennsylvania, but things didn't work out there, so I came back and I had been to the camp for a while, so I went in there and I started cleaning the camp up, and I found a jar of pickled sausages that I left there, and they'd probably been there two years. I forgot about them, and they gotten stuck in the back of a cabinet, and I go, well, these aren't, you know, probably suitable for human consumption. So I was going to throw them away, so I took them outside and I set them on the picknic table. And my plan was I was going to pick them up when I left with the other garbage, and you know, take them and dispose of them. Well, I got busy doing other things and I totally forgot about the sausages. So about a week later, I came back and I looked over and the jar was setting still on the picnic table, but it was open and all the sausages were gone. So I felt bad. I say, boy, I hope those sauceges just didn't make them sick, because I don't know they were in a pickle brine. But still, you know, they've been there a long time, so I'm hoping that that I didn't, you know, accidentally make one of them sick and you know, pick him off. But you could tell that there was no bite marks. There was no marks on the jar. There was, you know, on the cover. It was a plastic cover. There was it had to be something with a hand had taken the lid off the jar, and I had left it there, setting up right on the table. And I feel if it had been some kind of other animal that, you know, it would have been on the ground, it would have been chewed on, et cetera. But I'm pretty sure that one of the local bigfoot got the sausages. Last summer, I was back there one night and I had done a couple of whoops just to see if I'd get any kind of response, and I hadn't heard nothing. But this was kind of a strange thing for me because I'm out in the woods a lot. I've been going out in the woods since I was a small child with my grandfather. My grandfather took me hunting, took me fishing, took me everywhere, taught me a lot of things about the woods. And so I'm not afraid of the woods. I mean, I can be in the woods anytime of the day or night and doesn't really bother me. But this particular night, something wasn't. Right after I did the whoops, I didn't hear anything. I didn't get any response for quite a long time, so I went I had a fire going, so I was going back between the fire and walking out into the dark and listening. And I had just left the fire and I got back out out of the site. You know, I wasn't casting a shadow or anything from the fire. I walked along the tree line and I was standing there just watching and listening, and I heard something. It was a strange noise. It wasn't like the Bigfoot noises I've heard before, and it wasn't a coyote or anything like that. It was just a strange noise. It was kind of a deep, guttural kind of growl, but it didn't sound to me like one that I've heard big Foot make before. And it spooked me, and I had never been spooked like that before. It really really spooked me to the point where I went back to the fire and stoked the fire up real big and I didn't go back out in the field that night, and I don't know, I just gave me such an uneasy feeling. So I don't know what that was, but I don't think it was a big foot. I think it might have been something else. I'm not a big believer in dog man or anything like that. I think that most dog maned sightings are probably misidentified bigfoot. But it was just a weird, weird sensation, and I shared it with another researcher that I that I team up with once in a while, and his first response was, it was a dog man. It was a dog man, But in the area where I live, I have never heard of a dog man sighting. Big foot sightings. Yes, tons and tons and tons of big foot sightings, but I've never heard of a dog man sighting. So I'm not sure what it was that I encountered that night, but it was It was definitely something that spooked me a little bit. And like I said, I've never had that feeling or since. It was just that one particular night. I went to a meeting of some of the other researchers in the area and we were swapping stories and one of the researchers there was an x CEO. And I haven't told this story very much because Originally, I was afraid that they might trace it back to him, and he wasn't supposed to tell the story. But since then I've gotten his permission to tell the story, as long as I leave his name out of it. But there was a breakout on a prison up in our area several years ago. In fact, they made a movie about it because there was an inside help one of the women that worked there helping the two guys escape, and they were at large for a couple of weeks, and one of them ended up being shot and killed by state troopers and the other one was shot when he was almost at the Canadian border, but he survived and got transferred to a maximum security prison somewhere down south. But anyway, the CEO told me that he was listening to the CEO band that he has on one of his radios that's not open to the general public. But since he's retired, he always to less some of his equipment so he could listen in on certain things. And he said he had it on because of course he was professionally interested in this search for these guys. And he said that he recognized the guy's voice that came on the radio, and he said we need backup. We need backup now. And then a few minutes later he came back on and he was even more panicked. He goes, I'm telling you, we need back up and we need it here right now. And then a few minutes later, another voice came on the radio and said, I want total silence. Nobody used the blah blah blah radio. Everybody stay off the radio. So he thought, well, they must have cornered these guys. So he went over and he turned on the TV just because we had like wall to wall coverage up here the local TV stations because this was a big story, and so he turned it on to see if there was going to be any news slashes. Oh, they've been apprehended. Blah blah blah. Nothing, not a single thing. So he said he was at a meeting of the retired CEOs and he ran into the guy whose voice he recognized, and he says to him, hey, He goes, what was going on? You know? Blah blah blah. He says, okay, so I'll tell you. He goes, but don't tell anybody, and he's like, what's that. He goes, we shot and killed two bigfoot and he goes, you did what And he goes, yeah, he goes, we thought it was the two escapees. We tried to get them to surrender, were yelling at them, they weren't responding to commands, and the state police sharpshooter shot him and we killed two bigfoot And he goes, well, what happened to him? He goes, military helicopter came in and took him away. So, right after he had told me that I had permission to tell the story, I was at a convention and I was doing a big Foot panel and I told the story, and I think it was the only time I ever told it at a convention, and I hadn't even done it on my big foot. I do a little Bigfoot stories on TikTok, and I didn't even tell the story there because you know, I have a lot of local people that follow me, and I didn't want them to try to figure out who it was that told me the story. I was trying to protect them a little bit. Well, about two or three weeks after I did this panel, I got a message sent to me, anonymous message sent to me, and the guy said, are you the group just telling the story about the breakout and the two Bigfoot being killed, and I said, well, yeah, I have told the story, but not very often. A couple of times. They go, it would be in your best interest not to tell that story anymore. And that was basically the message I got. So it kind of ticked me off because I don't respond well the threats. I never have. I always stood up the bullies when I was a kid, and I pretty much stood up the bullies my whole life. And I don't like people bullying other people, and I do do it myself and I don't like to see it. So it's gotten me in a couple of scrapes over the years because that's my attitude towards bullies. So I posted on my I said, well, they know who I am, so they must be watching my bigfoot stories on TikTok. So I went on there and I challenged them. I said, whoever this person is, I am willing to meet with you and talk about this. And I gave them a place at a time, and they never showed up and I never heard from them again. So after that, I did put the story on my Facebook, or excuse me, on my Facebook. On my TikTok, I did put the story on there, and so far, knock on wood, they haven't done anything to me that I know of I have, you know, haven't heard from them again, or they haven't followed through on the threat that they that they made other that I had. One guy I think might have been affiliated with him made a comment on the story about well, you're not telling the whole story or something like that was his comment. But anyways, I told as much of it as I felt like could and protect the people that were involved. So that happened about maybe three or four months ago. I think it was late fall. It happened since then, Like I was telling you earlier, I haven't had a chance to get back out to my research area because we had a lot of snow this year. We set a record in the place I lived for snow this year. It was just tons and tons of snow. And the place I have is only accessible by a dirt road, and I'm sure it's probably still very very muddy, and I don't want to tear the road up. So I'm going to wait here for another few weeks, and then I'm going to go back over to my research area and get things ready for the upcoming summer season and fall season of bigfoot research in that area. I have one on one eyewitness report investigation and I went with a member of the BRFO and we went over interview to a gentleman who had been having suspicious activity on his property. We found the guy to be very credible. We didn't find any evidence, no tracks or anything, but he took us on a tour of where the things were happening, and from what he was saying, we came to the conclusion that he probably had had a Bigfoot move through his area. One of the things that he was describing was is that the deer were acting real funny. He said he came home from work one night and there was four or five deer huddle right up against his house like they were scared to go back to the woods. And he said, even after I got home and pulled in the driveway, he says, they didn't move. He says, they stayed right there next to my house. He goes, just as close as they possibly could get to it. He goes a couple were even leaning against the wall. He says it seemed like something had spooked them so bad they just did not want to go into the woods. And so we really felt that the guy was you know, was credible, and that he probably did have some kind of a big foot encounter.
Speaker 2: You sure, do you live an exciting life, Dean. There are so many people listening who give the left arm to have half the amount of excitement as you do.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's heard it said that if you actually go out looking, you probably won't have anything happen. And that's usually kind of my attitude. I don't go looking most of the time, unless I'm following up on an eyewitness. I go to the woods a lot with no expectations. I mean, I go out there. I hunt deer. I don't want anything else, just deer. But I go out there, I hunt deer. I'm looking for deer, I'm not looking for bigfoot. But it seems that the bigfoot kind of find me for some reason. I think maybe that they've realized over the years that I'm not there to hurt them because I do a lot of my research in the same area, within a probably ten mile square area, I do most of my research, and I'm sure they've seen me a lot more than I've seen them. And I don't know if you would call it trust, but I think maybe they they've gotten realize that, you know, I'm not there to mess with them, and so I think that's maybe some of the reason why they've they've let me see things and that they've interacted with me a little bit.
Speaker 2: When I used to go golfing, when I had time to do that, that is, I'd be out there just taking in all the beauty of I guess you could call it nature, because a golf course is like an ecosystem in and of itself. I'd be out there just taking in how beautiful it was out there, and just enjoying the experience. If I shot a good round, that's great. If I didn't, it's still great to be out there with you. It's a win win situation. Also, because you're enjoying the woods, You're enjoying just the experience of being out there. And guess what comes along with that, the fact that, like you said, you're not actually looking for them. That just increases the odds of them coming to you and you're having more experiences. So yeah, sure sounds like a win win to me.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of the people I run into that don't believe in Bigfoot. They never go in the woods. You know, oh, there's no such thing as big Well, how do you know, Well, they would have found one by now they have, but you know, and you just they just you don't have all these generic answers, but they expect you to have specific answers where you can't actually give them. Most of the time, you can't give them specific answers. You can't give them specific evidence because of the situation, you know, but they just make these generalizations. All they can't exist. There's not sure they can. There's plenty of habitat for them. There's plenty of unexplored areas. You know, there's places even where I live and it's fairly well populated as farmers. There's homis, there's you know a lot of people around here. But there's still areas here that probably nobody has ever been to, or if they've been there, they maybe once every ten or twenty years, maybe somebody wanders through there. You know, there's just so much woods. I mean, I know there's area of woods that I bet some of the places hasn't seen a human being in fifty years that I know of, you know, just because of the location, and there's no reason for anybody to go there there's plenty of places where the bigfoot can live and stay out of sight. I had an experience, probably about twenty years ago, where I think I might even ran into one in the woods. I was home. It was the last day of hunting season. I just got home from hunting. I shot a buck earlier in the day, and a friend of mine called me and he said, hey, I saw your car near the logging road. He goes, and were you back there hunting today and I said yeah, and his land is on the other side of where I was, and he said, did you happen to see my dog? And I go no, I didn't see a dog at all. And he goes, well, my dog came up missing. He can't I can't find my dog. And he goes, my dog likes to run around the woods behind the farm, he goes, and I thought that's it was, But he never come home. And I says, well, do you want me to come help you look for it? And he said, well, would you mind? I'm like no. By this time, I was starting to get pretty dark, and so I didn't want to go into the woods. I didn't want to drive my truck into the on the logging road. Because the game wardens up there they patrol and if they saw a vehicle back there, they probably think I was jack and deer illegally because you can't hunt at night. And so I parked my car at my mother's house, which is not too far from where the Logan Rode is. I parked my car there and I walked and the wind was coming from the north, and I was kind of walking into the wind. It was sitting me right in the face, and there was a lot of We call it buck brush up here, but it's got a million different names. It's kind of a wiry brush and it's real thick, and the deer like to hang out in it. It makes a good cover for the deer, So that's basically how it got its name. We call it buck brush because the buck still hang out in this brush. So I'm walking, I didn't want to go down the road. I figured, well, i'll walk across the field. I'll go through this little area buck brush, and then i'll cut back into the field. Then I'll go up onto the logging road and I'll start calling the dog and see if maybe the dog got lost and he's over on the land that belongs to my brother. So I'm walking through this brush and I walked right into something. I don't know what it was. I couldn't see it in the dark, but it had it was an animal of some kind. And you know, like I said, I don't normally think everything is a bigfoot. But the only reason I think this might have been a bigfoot was because of the noise that made. Now a deer, you know, they make a certain kind of noise or they don't say nothing at all, but this thing went oh, and I go, who's that? And I really my first instinct was it was a person. I go, who's that? And as soon as I said that, it was gone. So I can't prove that, but I think I might have walked into one that was standing in that brush. And it probably didn't smell me because they're like I said, the women was blowing into my face walking in there, and I'm thinking maybe it thought I was another bigfoot coming up behind it or whatever. But I did walk into some kind of animal. And I'm not swearing that it was a big foot, but just of the noise it made. It sounded more like a person making a noise, and it did what i'd expect from a deer or something like that. But you know, it's it's just one of those things. You got to be in the woods to see a bigfoot, and a lot of people, you know, that's my first advice when people ask me about going bigfooting and what should I do? Go in the woods. You know, make an effort. Go in the woods. Don't go to some state park. Go into woods, get permission from somebody, or find woods that's you know, that state land where it's a lot. You're allowed to go in there. Get into the woods. That's the only way you're going to see one. You're not going to see one sitting in front of the TV unless you're watching Finding Bigfoot or something like that. That's the only time you're going to see one on TV. You're not going to see one, you know, or the only time you're going to see a big foot. You got to get out in the field. Got to get out into the woods wherever you know, and look around, find out where people have seen them, ask around, get on the line, look up BRFO. I'm not a big fan of the BRFO, but they do have a great database where bigfoot s ideas are that and that's the other way. And if you go out there and you don't see nothing, at least you got out into the woods. You didn't waste your day you were out in the woods. That's worth it in itself. As far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: It sure is. It's a win win. If you've had a Bigfoot siding and would like to be a guest, please go to bigfoote witness dot com and let me know. Touching on what you said just a bit ago about the skeptics, it's funny how so many other ideas about why sasquatch can't be out there based on false assumptions. When you nail them down and get them to reveal while they're so sure that sasquatch can't be out there, it's false assumption after false assumption.
Speaker 1: I had one skeptic that was always on my case, Oh you're crazy, you're making this up, you're lying, blah blah blah. And I mean, and he just was over the top. I mean, I can see a skeptic, I talked to a million of them, but this guy was just over the top about how anti bigfoot existence he was. So finally one day he was off on a tangent about it, and I said, so, when did you have your sighting? And he stopped dead and he just looked at me. He goes, would you say? And I go, when did you see a bigfoot? And he didn't answer me for a minute or two, and he goes, I didn't see bigfoot. I go, you sure, He goes, well, I saw something, but it wasn't bigfoot. I could just tell he was. You know, what's the old saying. I think thou dost protest too much. He just was so over the top. He was a dial that he'd seen something. My sister's the same way. She saw a bigfoot, and I know darnwell she saw one, but she said it was a bear walking out of hige legs. First of all, we don't have a lot of bear in our area. We don't. Very rarely is there a bear of a reported being seen in the area where I live. They're mostly down in the Adirondacks. They haven't wandered as far north as we are, So you know, she set a bear on its hind legs walked a half a mile behind her house from one tree line to the other. She didn't see the whole thing. She saw it at night. She could see its eyes. They were having a fire in her backyard and they saw it in the firelight. I know she saw bigfoot, but she won't admit it, but she saw one.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that beers walked that far on their hind legs.
Speaker 1: Steam Oh, I know how far they can walk, and they didn't walk that far. If it must have been a super circus bear to do that.
Speaker 2: It was just you know, yeah, I'd say it must have been to walk that far. That's a good distance.
Speaker 1: So I've been in the woods. I'm sixty two years old and probably fifty I don't know, fifty four or five of that, I've been in the woods off and on and out. Of all the time i've been in the woods, all the hundreds and hundreds of hours i've been in the woods, I've seen more bigfoot than I have bear. I've seen one bear and all that time, and it was a cub and it saw me. I saw it, turned around, ran the other way, and because of its size, I thought, well, there's got to be a big mom around here somewhere, so maybe it's time for me to go home. So I turned around, walked out of the woods that day, and I didn't go back the rest of the day. But that was the only time I've ever seen one. In all those years and all those hundreds and probably thousands of hours I've been in the woods, that's the only time i ever saw one.
Speaker 2: Well, they do a pretty good job of avoiding us, so I'm not surprised. There's been a big buzz lately about the so called holding my quotation fingers up, the bunking of the Patterson Gimlin film. Dean, did you hear about that? And if you did, yeah, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: And my experience about every ten or fifteen years they come out and say we've debunked it, and it's usually the same old stories over and over again, the same people that said that they were. There's been at least three different people that have said they were the ones in the costume, and they've all been proven to be full of it. And that film has been examined more than the Supruder film has been examined. You know, the fascination of Kennedy and I just believe that that is a real film of a big foot. The physics, if you even just go on the science, the physics don't work out for it to be a person. The stride, the way the limbs bend, the gait. Science has pretty much proven that that is an animate creature that's not a human.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, when you really get down to the nuts and bolts of that film, it's a lot easier just to accept that it shows a and then documented Haman did, then it being some type of a hoax. If you don't believe that film is genuine, you just don't want to believe that it's genuine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Bigfoot that I've seen in person look incredibly a lot like the Patterson film, the way they move, the distribution of the hair. The juvenile juvenile was the one that I saw the closest, and he had less hair on his face, but just proportion it wise, even though he was smaller, just the way the body, the arm length, you know, the way it walked and everything was remarkably close to what you see in the Patterson film.
Speaker 2: So you've seen mostly type ones, then.
Speaker 1: The sightings I've had have been closed. Yeah, I've are definitely I would say type ones. The juvenile I saw, I was only less than fifty yards away from him. I mean I saw him real good. The other ones I've been a little bit of distance away. The big male I saw, I was probably seventy five or eighty yards away from him, and I only saw him from the chest up. He stood up. He was in brush and he stuck his head up out of the brush and looked around. That was the first setting I ever had, and I only got to see him from the chest up, and only for maybe two or three seconds, just enough to realize what it was. And he was gone in a flash. And I don't think he ever knew I was there. I was in total camouflage and I was in the shade of the woodline, sitting down behind a rock. And I don't think he ever saw me. He was just moving positions. I think he was doing the same exact thing I was doing. He was hunting deer, and I was on one side of the clearing and he was on the other, and he, you know, he was booming. He was gone. I saw what I think was the big female. I saw her from probably two hundred yards away. She stuck her head out from behind a tree, played peekaboo with me for a minute, and then took off. That was only a couple of weeks after, I saw the juvenile real close, and I think that she let me see her on purpose. I don't know what her motives are. I think it was either a reward to me because I was that close to her baby and didn't hurt it, or it was a warning to me, Hey, you know, you might have saw Mike youngin, but I'm here and I'm a lot bigger than he is. I don't know. It could have been one of the other, but I really felt that that was sighting was on purpose, that she let me see her, because if she could have stayed where she wasn't and not moving around, and I would not have known she was there.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I wonder if they didn't want to see them just to see our reactions.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know they do stuff like that. I got a friend that's a big footter and she's down in Maryland, and I only talked to her maybe two or three times a year. But I was in bed, sleeping. It was about three or four o'clock in the morning. My phone rang and I looked at it and it was her, and I'm like, she must have pocket dialed me. She'd never call me this time of night. I didn't even answer it, and about fifteen minutes later she called me back and I go, well, she's calling me back, she must really be calling me. So I picked up the phone and she says, Dean, can I go watch I'm squatking. I'm like, oh yeah, because you won't believe what happened. I'm like, watch. Well, I decided to call it a night. So she says. I was heading back to my car, and she goes, I got back to my car and there's a dead deer on the hood of my car. She goes. It's definitely a roadkilled deer, she says, but it's laying right on the hood of my car. Wow. And I'm like, she goes, what do you say that means? And I go, well, I says, it's probably a juvenile bigfoot messing with you. I will be standing somewhere off in the brush, laugh and his butt off. You know, look what I did. Did a little foot any kind of thing, you know? And she goes, do you think it's a warning? No, I think he's playing with you. So that's, you know, one of the things that I was told that happened. I think they do mess with us, and like when they go buy your camp and slap the camp in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He says, hey, I'm here, you know. And I've had a lot of people tell me that certain things like that have happened to them too. I had one. I know if I told this story before or not, because the story happened quite a while ago. I might have told it last time I was on the show. I don't remember, but I had a guy told me he was going to go bigfooting for two weeks straight. He had two weeks off. He said, I'm going to go up in the Adirondecks and I'm just going to lose myself up there and I'm going to bigfoot the whole time. And I was like, well, have a good time. So it wasn't even a week later. I walk into Walmart and I see him, and I walked her to I said, I thought you said you were going to go bigfooting. He says, oh, you won't believe what happened. Like what happened, he goes, Well, I got up there. He goes, I got fired a great camping spot. I got my tent and everything all set up. He goes unpacking my stuff, and I realized that my bacon had leaked on my tent. I had it wrapped up, but there was a hole in the bag and some of the bacon grease had got on my tent, he says. So I washed it off as best I could. He goes, and, uh, you know, I put soap on it. He goes. I tried to, you know, get the smell off it, because I didn't want to draw a bear or something. Then he says, so I thought, you know, well that looks pretty good best I can do. He goes. The second night I was there, he says, the moon was out and was so bright it was almost like daylight outside. And he goes, and I couldn't sleep, he says. I was in the tent. He says, so I unzipped the flap of the window and just left that open. He goes, and I was kind of looking at a magazine through the through the moonlight that was coming through the little window. And he goes, I was just flipping through it, you know, try to get make myself. I'm tired to go to sleep, And he said, all of a sudden, I heard something outside and I thought, great, I got a bear, And he goes, it came up to the tent, and I could see it moving around. I could see the silhouette of it moving around. I figured, yeah, it's a bear. I'm gonna be real quiet. Maybe it'll just move off. He goes. Then all of a sudden, something started touching the spot where the bacon grease had been. He says, So I rolled up the newspaper or the magazine, and he goes, and I swatted it through the tent and I go get out of here. He goes, and it didn't move. He says. I could still hear it was still standing there. And he goes, all of a sudden, it peed on my tent. And he goes. It wasn't something that he cocked his leg. It was up way too high and it peed all over my tent. Oh no, he goes, you know, he goes, and I freaked out. He goes, I didn't dare go outside. And he goes. All of a sudden, he goes, I heard this noise. He goes. It sounded like somebody chuckling. He goes, like, and it walked away. Wow, He goes. My tent stunk so bad. He goes, I couldn't sleep in it. He said, I had to come home.
Speaker 2: I'll bet he did. When they do that sort of thing, Yeah, you might as well just pitch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he goes, Yeah, he goes. It was way way up too high for a toman of bear cocking its lag or something. He goes, I'm pretty sure a big footpists on my tent.
Speaker 2: Wow made an impression.
Speaker 1: Yep, sure did. Yeah, i'd say so.
Speaker 2: Since you've had more sightings at your property than any other location, do you do more investigations around your property than that the other locations or are you concerned about disturbing the sasquatch around your property by doing that?
Speaker 1: So far, they haven't done they have anything bad there, And I think I have more studings and more experienced there because that's where I am most of the time. When I go. You know, when I have free time, I work a lot. I work every other weekend, and I work a lot of hours. And when I get the time to go there time off or I have nothing else I have to do, I go to my camp. I love being at my camp, and so I think that's maybe one of the reasons why I haven't had as much going on there lately. I haven't been there as much as I used to be there just because of life. But I have a couple of nephews to hunt the area quite hard, and I think maybe they're kind of not driving them off, but maybe making them a little more stealthy. And they think I'm nuts. They never seen anything, and they think I'm crazy. And even though I've showing them, you know, pictures of the tracks that I found there and other things, they still don't believe me. And in fact, I got into quite he did discussion with my niece's baby daddy. He just thinks that he's in charge back there now and that he knows that everything about the area, and blah blah blah. I try telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time, and even with hunting, he doesn't really know a whole lot. And I'm thinking that's probably discouraged them showing themselves as much. I've been hearing things, but I haven't seen anything lately. It's been a little while since i've seen anything. So but I have, you know, heard them enough noise and things back there that I know that they haven't totally abandoned the area. So I just don't think they moved through there as much as they used.
Speaker 2: To, given your past experiences there. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 1: No, I think they know what I'm there and what it's somebody else to, you know. I think that they're more apt to be wrong if I'm there.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you're probably right about that. You've already proven you have a track record of responding well to your experiences with them there, So it sounds like they know they can trust. Yet, after you had that sighting when you were mowing, did you notice a ramping up of activity around your Was there.
Speaker 1: A movement that it was about the same, about the same as normal, you know that the like I said, I got a feeling that it was probably that younger one. I think he has been around me a little bit more than some of the other ones have been. I mean, I've been back there. I do other work back there too, Like I cut. I used to have a my other home I had, I had a woodstove, so I would go back there and I would cut firewood and things. And I felt a couple of times he was hanging around that dreve I would catch a glimpse of movement or I would catch you know, a little uh, flash of brown, you know, and I felt it was maybe him him watching me. Uh, he pushed a tree down one time when I was back there cunningwood. Or it's not him, one of the other ones did. I don't know where. He thought he was helping me out a lot, but it was. I had turned the chainsaw off and I was putting the wood in the back of my truck, and all of a sudden, the tree came down, not real close to me, but you know, fairly close. I said, he probably thinks he's helping me. He saw me cut some trees down, and maybe he just found a dead one and pushed it over. And that was shortly after I'd seen him the first time. And we were back there gifting one time and one or the other bigfoots in the area come with me. We had put out some a couple of candy bars and some cookies and things, and he says to me, I feel bad. He goes, I didn't bring anything for him, and he goes, well, hold on a second, and he went over to his truck and he rifled around in the back of his truck and he found a forty ounce bud light and he brought it over and he said it with the cookies, and I laughed about us. I don't know what they're going to make of that, and he goes, well, I didn't want to, you know, leave empty handed, and so we laughed about it. So a couple of weeks later I went back to do some more gifting and it was gone. The cookies I left were gone and the beer was gone. So I called him and I say, guess why they took your beer? He laughed. So two or three months later it was and I went back to go hunting, and I went to my tree stand and on the third rung of the ladder going up to my tree stand, they're the beer sat right on the ladder rung and they hadn't opened it, but they brought it back and put it there.
Speaker 2: Maybe they've liked Miller.
Speaker 1: Maybe bud Light. It's not the greatest beer in the world. So maybe would you'd left them a Moltzen Canadian or some other Corona or something, maybe they would have liked that better.
Speaker 2: I don't know, they might have. You never know. You said that you're not afraid of the woods, Dean. Some people see sasquatch as these benign creatures who would never harm a fly. Others they think that they're monsters that are just looking for an opportunity to rip you apart. With that said, which end of the spectrum do you lean closer to?
Speaker 1: I think it depends on where you are in the country. Certain areas of the country the Bigfoot seed to be a lot more aggressive than you know. You hear stories from Ounta in the Pacific Northwest of people coming up missing. One of the guys that's in my organization, he when he was in the military, they were actually sent on a search and destroy mission because some campers had come up dead and they had been pretty much ripped apart, and the local buzz was that a bigfoot had done it, and they were actually went up there with the Fishing Game Commission and went on a search and destroyer mission to see if they could find the bigfoot that was responsible for it. But you know, it depends on the area. In you know, there's there's Indian stories about them having wars with the Bigfoot, But I think in other parts of the country they're pretty benign. Like I think where I live, I've never heard of them harming anybody, and I've never heard of them really doing anything on towards a person. In fact, I've heard a couple of stories the opposite way where they've actually helped people. So I don't know it. I just really feel that bigfoot are like humans. They're good, they're good Bigfoot, they're bad bigfoot. You know, they're the ones that have gotten their territorial and they've got an attitude about people being in their area. And there's other people other bigfoot that they really don't care, you know. So I'm on the side. They're not monsters. They're an animal that lives alongside of us. I don't think there are friends. For the most part, I think they would rather us not be around. But uh, I don't think they're looking to hurt us in general.
Speaker 2: Well, there's new denying. These seem to have so many opportunities to harm us when we're out in the woods if it wanted to. But I mean almost all of us come back from hunting, from just trips into the woods in general. That has to count for something.
Speaker 1: Yep. I mean I heard one guy he passed out. He uh was in the woods and he was sick. Anyways, he passed out, and the last thing he said he remembered seeing was a big foot before he passed out. He said, that's not what caused him to pass out. He was sick. But he said the last thing he remembered seeing was a big foot. And when he came to, he was back at his truck, and he has no memory of going from where he passed out back to his truck. And he speculates that maybe the bigfoot took him back to his truck and left him, you know. And there's other stories. But the little boy, I think it was in Kentucky, that was gone for two weeks, and when he finally resurfaced, he said that a bear kept him alive for the two He stayed with a big bear for two weeks and the bear fed and kept him warm.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I heard about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, that doesn't sound like a bear to me. A bear would ate him. I think he encountered a big foot. He just didn't know how else to explain it, you know, So he said a bear. He was just a little kid. I think he was like six years old something like that. That. Yeah, he was just a small child. So and his experience probably a bear was the first thing that came to his mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure you're right about that. Like you said, a bear never would.
Speaker 1: Have helped him. Yeah, you know, there's been a lot of stories like that where I talked to a bigfoot researcher from the Pacific Northwest and he's had several experiences a big foot And the first one he had, he was a child and he'd wandered away from their campsite. He didn't quite know how to get back to where he was, and he said a female bigfoot came out of the brush drabbed him basically by the collar, and duck walked him back to his camp. And when he got insaide he was camp, she gave him a push and turned around walked away and he got back to the camp and the first thing his mother says to him, what did you get into you stink? And he tried to tell her this big monkey brought me home, and she wouldn't believe him, but he said it was true. She did. And you know, you hear lots of stories like that where they protect little kids and they help people that are lost and hurt and stuff. I've heard a lot of stories like that. But then you also do hear the stories where you know, people come up missing and they find them later, or they don't find them at all, and sometimes they find them they've been ripped apart, or they've been you know, or they just totally disappear, like the four to one one books talk about a lot of campers disappearing, and you know, they blame it on bigfoot, which is you know, could be true, but I don't know. You know, there's a lot of things out there and the ways that can harm you besides bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Too, so yeah, on two legs too that you have to watch out for with no furn.
Speaker 1: Air, the most dangerous animal, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, definitely. Well, it's about time for us to call it here, Dean, but before we do, please take this opportunity to plug bigfoot me in nineteen sixty three Seaway Valley Bigfoot Research one more time. Please tell them the listeners who've had their own side in your research area, the best way for them to contact you.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, our big foot page is the Seaway Valley Bigfoot Research. If you look us up, we're right there. You could, you know, message me through there or leave any comments or anything. And I try to get back to everybody as quickly as I can, you know, I do have a full time job that I do plus other family responsibilities, but when I can, I try. I try to get back to people fairly quickly. My TikTok is Bigfooter nineteen sixty three is my Bigfoot uh story time basically on on the TikTok. They could also instance message me through there or leave comments, and I try to get back to everybody uh as uh you know, as soon as I possibly can. The number for the the Bigfoot Research is three one five five two eight two six one five. They can call me there or text me. I'd rather you texted me because a lot of times I'm in a position where I can't answer the home, but I can look at the text, So yeah, it's better to text me through there. And you know I will be respectful to you. I expect you to be respectful to me. I take everybody seriously until I have a reason not to, and so I just ask everybody you know that contacts me to be truthful, tell me their story, and you know, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 2: Dean, thank you so much for coming back on to update this and all of your experiences since episode three point thirty three. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 2: It's been fun. I'm so glad you came back. But having said that, thanks again so much for your time and have a great night.
Speaker 3: That's it for another episode of Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio with Vic Kendiff. If you've had a sessquatch encounter and would like to be a guest on the Sho show, please go to Bigfoot Eyewitness dot com and submit a report. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for listening, have a great night.