Speaker 1: All right, we are with one of my favorite guys who meant so much to the Dodgers in so many different ways during their postseason run.
Speaker 2: And that is the one and only, and there is.
Speaker 1: Only one, Brent Honeywell, Brent, thanks a lot for the time and great to see you out here.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. Good to see you guys. Hell y'all. Talk to y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes you're talking to David.
Speaker 4: I know I was a little bit under the weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were, Dan.
Speaker 3: I've felt so bad all off season two about it.
Speaker 1: No way, nothing to feel bad about your world champion and the Dodgers surprised you champions.
Speaker 2: Oh you did all the work. I was along for the ride.
Speaker 4: Well, nobody better to have along.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate it. Hey man, I knew the Dodgers were going to surprise you with the ring.
Speaker 2: You had no idea, no clue, no clue.
Speaker 3: I wanted it on the field, but hadn't worked out just yet. But I'm glad I got it now.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure that was the last thing on your mind when you showed up today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it kind of was, because I just it was good to see the guys, see dog, see the pitching guys and everybody that it.
Speaker 4: Took to win, like win one, I mean.
Speaker 3: Going having some time to think about it and talk to friends about it.
Speaker 4: Like all the experiences are.
Speaker 3: Cool, but something that you can't do with it is like you'll never get rid of it. You know. It's a weird feeling. But now, I mean ultimately now I want another one. But you know, I just know how how hard it was for all of us in here too. When you know, Clayton went down, Glass went down, and it's like you see, like you finally understand, like what it actually takes to to win. It takes every person, every fan, you like, it takes us all to takes us all to win it.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It was such a special run, unprecedented type of run where you only had two and a half starters, but the dogs in that bullpen, including Brent Honeywell, saved the day.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know that's what they say, We saved the day. But these guys can hit, man, these guys can.
Speaker 4: Hit big leagues.
Speaker 3: Isn't easy, but these guys made it easy on me. I felt like and no, I'm oh a lot to everybody that was in this clubhouse and it was good to see it.
Speaker 1: What was your reaction when you saw the ring? Did you know that it opened at the top? What did you feel?
Speaker 3: I knew it opened because I seen it on social media, but.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't expecting to get it here because I didn't.
Speaker 3: Tell anybody that I was coming except one. But he's a I guess he ratted me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah he ain't a good way, but.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it's just a the jersey. The jersey is the one that I really liked.
Speaker 4: The jersey.
Speaker 3: Uh Well, like I said, man, you know, it's good to see the guys. It's good to see the bullpen guys. See just see everybody in there. Man, I mean it means a lot to me. Man, I mean it just you know, more, you into moresh into the.
Speaker 4: Game a little bit, you know.
Speaker 3: And the cool part about it is is when you throw fifty pitches in one inning in the World Series, you can get a record etching stone right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 3: You get you get intertwined in the sport for eternal like your eternal.
Speaker 4: Man, it just is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's only one man that's eternal, but it makes you eternal.
Speaker 4: In the sport and you get intertwined.
Speaker 3: And and and I think, which is the greatest game in the whole world.
Speaker 1: So, man, you meant so much to your teammates. I think that was showed today just how much I know how much they mean to you. But it's beautiful to see that they haven't forgotten how much you meant to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and that's just you know, I told them in there, I can't I would have never been able to do it without that group. And you know, these guys, these guys are they mean, they mean a lot to me. Man, I think about them every day. I watch them every day. And you know, it's just I watched baseball. But you know, you got you want to see. You want to see. You want to see all your friends and all your boys. You want to see them all produced and be a good ball club and be a good team. But the main thing is man as being a good teammate. And I learned that my dad, my dad, my mom, my brother, like they've made me the teammate. I am the person I am friends who out in the league. But this team was special, man, obviously, So it takes a special team to be the best in the league and.
Speaker 4: Tough team to beat.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a long season. Brent Honeywell is a free agent. You never know. I'm not shutting the door on a reunion.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I can't ever shut the door where you win a title, you know. Yeah, hopefully they'd have me back. But you know what I mean is what it is. I've said it once, I say it again. I felt like I deserved a job to lose rather than a job to win. And you know, I mean, if anybody doesn't know, I just want to pitch too. Yeah, I want to pitch, and but hadn't worked out just yet. But it will so you know, it always does.
Speaker 2: It always does. It worked out last year.
Speaker 4: I know ball, man, I know ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do. And you're the ultimate teammate.
Speaker 1: You'll sacrifice for your teammates, and that's something you can't measure.
Speaker 3: I will, and I mean I'll do anything to win a baseball game that day. I'll do anything to win a baseball game one hundred and sixty games from now, and I'll do anything to win a baseball when it counts.
Speaker 4: And just give me the ball, you know, hey.
Speaker 1: One thing nobody can ever take away from Brent Honeywell is a World championship. A world champion, Brent Honeywell has been our guest. Great to see you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Speaker 4: I look forward to seeing you every day man