Speaker 1: A voice in the dark, herd Daily exactly the things that need to be said.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc D Talkstation coming up an eight oh six here, fifty five cair CD Talk Station. Bryan Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Tuesday, and welcome a back fifty five AIRC Morning Show. It's time for the inside scoop from Breitbart Bookmarket b R E I T B A r T. Breitbart dot Com. Welcome back Oliver Lane, the London bureau Chief editor Tay. We've got several topics to talk about, Oliver. Happy new year to you, Welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 1: Happy new yet you too, and thank you for having me back.
Speaker 2: You gate rather interesting article and I'll strongly encourage my listeners again. Breitbart dot Com look up the article modern Life under Attack. Twenty twenty four should have been the year the West woke up to infrastructure sabotage. Frightening stuff you have in here. Of course you talk about the Russian, you talk about the Chinese, but then we also have the idea of radicalized individuals, no coordinated efforts. No, you know, they don't belong to cells, they don't have the internet traffic and back and forth they're attacking the you know, various forms of infrastructure as well. I mean, we have a multitude of bad actors out in the world, and is there really anything we can do about it by way of preparation or I mean, I guess I'm I'm sort of puzzled at the solution to all of this.
Speaker 1: You summarized it very well, and there's sort of the purpose of this article that I wrote. It was just as almost a counterpoints to the prevailing official narrative, which is that we're coming under a great deal of attack in terms of what they call hybrid warfare and the attack on infrastructure, which are authored predominantly by Russia and Russian agents. And I think when people talk about China, it's so often more of the sort of cybersecurity side of things has but when it comes to physical attacks, the talk is about Russia. And I do not you know, I would not challenge these are real issues. But what I think has to be talked about as well, and I think is I think it's possibly even downplayed. I think there is almost an attempt to cover up here is the degree to which that radicalized individuals, as you say, from the hard left, what they call in France the ultra left who, as far as we can tell, because factor there's been so little research done on this, and Western intelligence agencies it seems to me are actually shy about talking about this. They're averse talking about leftwig extremism at all. Who are launching these attacks? Now? I think the kind of the reason I decided to do this article now this year is the attack on French infrastructure the day of the Olympics. You remember, of course, we all remember that insane Paris Olympics opening ceremony. Well have got a a lot of headlines, but what I was really thinking about that day was the fact that Paris came under attack that morning. And it did make global headlines, but not as much as I think it really ought to have. And what happened was at strategic points on railways going in and out of Paris, in every direction coming in out of Paris. And this was a coordinated attack by groups of people or a group of people who knew who knew the system, they knew where to strike, to do absolutely the minimal actual possible work to get the maximum possible in damage. And this is very simple. All you need to know is where the cables are the cables are government signaling. You need a pair of bolt croppers and you can bring an entire railway system to its knees. And this is exactly what they did. Hundreds of thousands of people were stranded because when it comes to operating modern high speed rail, safety is so important. And if there is no signaling, which is of course all computer controlled, all the data for signaling is transmitted by fiber optic cable. If there is no signaling, there is no railway.
Speaker 2: What you have is hundreds of.
Speaker 1: Thousands of tons of scrap steel that you can't run the railway otherwise. And it's incredible. I think that actually we've heard so little about this st already since the French government decided that it probably was the Ultra left and then they dropped the story like a hot stone. So what this ask call you that you're very kindly sighted in mind at the beginning of this segment. What it does is actually look at all the other stuff like that that's been going on this year, and there was just so much of it, and it is so little talking about it. I think it's going to become a real problem.
Speaker 2: Well clearly, and you mentioned railways, and there's this obviously, there's this crazy push and here in America to build railways, and this is the solution for modern transportation, and I always look at it. You know, well, wait a second. It seems to me to be the most easily easy system of transportation to sabotage. Along the lines of what you said. I mean, if you get four guys with a couple of crowbars, I imagine you could take out one rail, and if you can take out one rail, you derail a modern engine and derail the whole the entire railway system. Maybe not that simple, but it's pretty damn simple. We've had a tax on powers. You get a couple of guys with with with modern rifles and they start shooting at the transformers. It's easy to disable the power grid in a certain area just by launching an attack on one little thing like that. Honestly, sir, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's kind of the point. Actually, it happens more often than I realize. It's just not talked about because there isn't with these kinds of attacks. There isn't a sort of sexy Russian spies angle. It's actually a bunch of crumby leftists, like hard leftists who hate the modern world, who hate consumerism, and yeah, these are the these are the deep growth, the growth guys.
Speaker 2: These are the people who think that we.
Speaker 1: Should be using less energy, people should be confined in their immediate neighborhoods. Mass transit is a problem if you're like that hard left and that heart green.
Speaker 2: Okay, so some you mentioned, Yeah, go ahead, No, I as to say so, Oliver your because the obvious question that's, you know, sort of screening here is what is the point? I mean, if you go and you stand there and you throw paint on a rem brand and your point is because global warming and you say it out loud, it may be stupid and pointless, but at least you're saying out loud, I hate global warming and I believe in it, and I'm trying to bring people's attention to it. But just bringing transportation to a screeching halt without any message associated with it, I mean, the only thing I can conclude, as you have, these have to be left wing extremists because they're trying to bring society to a halt.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right. The point is undermining confidence in.
Speaker 2: The modern world.
Speaker 1: If you get to a point where you think there's no point taking your trains, you can't guarantee it's going to get you somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 1: And in terms of the stuff that we've seen this year, that doesn't have to be a message associated with it. And there's actually a whole spectrum on this sort of thing you mentioned a moment ago. Yeah, how easy it is actually to derail a t and these things do happen in the Ukraine War, the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukrainian partisans are like blowing up Russian supply trains all the time, and this is a very easy thing to do if you have you know, C four and you know all that sort of thing. But that's like, that's very high on the on the scale of violence, like you're potentially killing people by and that's you know, probably doesn't fit very well into the playbook of these left wing extremists because they don't want to get caught, they don't want to go to prison, and because the the interference they're doing the attacks, there's there's no violence involved whatsoever. It's very low level, so there's there's very little instances that I can tell people actually ever being prosecuted this stuff because no one's being injured overwork. Police are forces just don't have time to look into it. But this, this, this metastasized is this this, this rolls on like a great snowball falling down the cliff because it grows, and it grows because I think of feeding of impunity then, and.
Speaker 2: I guess I can certainly understand that on some twisted level, these people a political ideology is what it is. And this is all very very low hanging fruit, right, Oliver. It's low hanging, it's simple to accomplish, it's low tech in terms of all you need are minimalist supplies to bring about your intended result, and therefore it happens.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The problem is if this becomes more broadly coordinated, and I think, going back to your comment about the Chinese Communist Party, I mean, we just had our own intelligence officials point out that listen, anytime they want, the Chinese could just completely wipe out our electric grid. That scares the living hell out of the Oliver. But apparently they've got the resources, they have the embedded software. They've been at this for years and years, they are at it twenty four to seven with propecion or professional Chinese Communist Party government organ is organized hackers. They're doing this all the time. But with these left wing radical individuals, I mean, is there any possibility that these low hanging fruit choosing organizations could somehow coordinate their efforts to bring about something much larger in scale.
Speaker 1: So I think a key part of these ultra left I say groups because I don't think there are groups. Actually, I think a key part of the mo of these ultra left individualists is they understand that the second you become organized and you have groups, you have chat, yeah, that gives evective intelligence agencies to go after you. And if they are all self radicalized and they are all self directed and it's a you know, death buy a billion pinpricks, I think that they they believe that is the tactic that works best for them, because as soon as you start having meetings, as soon as you start having email chains, that's where that's where the observation comes. And this is a real problem for the law abiding majority. A great parallel to the is the Islamic State, which has had unfortunately very high level of success in attacking European cities because they have had these lines of communication from you know, what was the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria publishing totally openly things as simple as the ICE has had a magazine I think it was called Dibick or something like that, and rather than being you know, lovely articles on fashion or the latest news, it's packed cover to cover with how to conduct low level terror attacks. And actually, as you brought up earlier, I remember and asked, I think going back to twenty sixteen that was published in this magazine, which was a quite a granular, detailed report on how to derail a train. But this meme, for instance, of Islamists terrorists in Europe driving cars through crowds, which now you know, you know unfortunately so well in the UN as well. This, you know, this is to a very large extent, started in this magazine. It was tried once, it was found to work, and this Islamic State magazine put it in the next edition, which was if you want to kill the Infidel, borrow high power car and drive it through a marketplace. But because there's no direct communication between Islamic State leadership and anyone in any cell in Europe. It's just anybody can you know, they shouldn't, but anybody can download this stuff and read it. It's floating around on the internet. There's no communications chapter, there's no two way talk for intelligence actors is to intercept. So you have these what they call self radicalized loan wolf attackers. When the attacks happened, the security services say, oh, they weren't on our radar. This person was not known to us. And of course because all the people who were known to you you've already arrested. It's the ones who are self radicalized you can't lay hands.
Speaker 2: On well, I have to conclude Oliver Lane Bright Bard, London Bureau a Chief. This leaves us in a rather desperate position. As long as there are people, you know, let's point the far left wing terrorists or fundamentalist you know, Islamic terrorism. But as long as there are people out there that are hell bent on disrupting society, there really isn't anything we can do about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough one because it's like the defining characteristic infrastructure is it's very big and it's very distributed. How do you give any sort of protection over real network that spans thousands of miles where a single attack at any single point will bring the whole thing to a to a stumbling halt. And you know, again, I just have to emphasize this. When I say attack, I am not talking about people planting explosives to railing trains. All it takes is a Molotov cocktail in a control cabinet. All it takes is a pair of bolt proppers and then discriminately cutting every cable in that trough that runs alongside the railway. Doesn't matter which on you cut, it'll do something. You could be out of there before anybody's what's happened. It's a it's a real weakness because we have a sophisticated, subtle, sophisticated, subtle systems that keep our western modern world ticking over. And that's brilliant because it gives us all a very high standard the civic. The problem is is that when we live among people who hate our way of life for one reason or another. We've talked about the ultra left, we talked about Radicalislamists. If they hate our way of life, that actually, these very delicate, sophisticated systems provides a very effective vector for attack.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do. And you know, it's kind of funny. I'm laughing because if we all decide that we need to disconnect in order to prevent this, you know, disruption in our very lives, we become more more of a ludite type that would certainly fulfill their goals, which is to be well, less connected, less consumptive, less energy. You know, you get consuming, et cetera, et cetera. It's crazy, you know, I tell you have given so much food for thought. All Lane again, please find the article Breitbart dot com Modern Life under Attack. Twenty twenty four should have been the year the West woke up to infrastructure sabotage. Oliver, enjoy our conversations. I really appreciate you coming back on in a best of or a happy New Year to you and everyone in Breitbart, and I'll look forward to talking with you again real soon.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to be on them. Thanks again for advising me my pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's a twenty right now, fifty five K see the talk station. Okay, here you go, Cover Sincy. Now. I mentioned my friend Jeff from MARKHN and he listened to me and he said, all right, I got in touch with Cover since e they're gonna come over and give us the dog and pony show. And wow, he went with Cover Sincy and his employees are so happy. I got an email from him this morning. I was driving to work. I heard your shout out, don't mind you if you use us at all. In other words, using him as an illustration of what you can do cover since he has been a smashing all in caps success here as example, just went to Kroger to pick up a couple of scripts. Me a couple of scripts first zero dollars. Had to recheck to make sure my other employees have had similar experiences. Should have made the switch long ago. Just you know, he always gives me an email talking about how great this has worked out for him. He is responsible for the company, he is responsible for the business bottom line. He has now saved his company lots of money, and his employees have better medical insurance coverage for less money. I mean, that's it, That's all there is to it. Covers. Since he did either working for you, you don't pay him a dime. Just get in touch with them. They'll check out where you are medically in terms of your place in life, what you've got currently, whether you're a small group like Jeff and the crew, or you're just an individual looking for better coverage. How about not paying nine thousand dollars out of pocket before you get your medical coverage. They work with hundreds of insurance companies, access to thousands of policies, but they're working for you, and it costs you not a red cent to get in touch with them. And you initiate this process, either call them or fill out the form on the website To call them, it's five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. You know, it's like no brainer. Man. If the the best thing can happen is they say, no, you're great. You got the best coverage you can possibly get. Probably not gonna happen, though they're gonna save your money. You get better coverage online. There's a form you can fill out on the website. It's Coversinsey dot com fifty five KRC the talk station. The weather's probably enough to dry