Speaker 1: Welcome to You Should Know Better with Mike c Ylson, the guy who won't shut up about winning three times on Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Welcome to you Should Know Better, the trivia podcast that tests your knowledge and a little bit of your patience. Our goal here is to celebrate the theme of continuing education. We should always be learning and always be on the prowl to know better. Now we will meet our magnificent guests and hear all about what badass causes they are playing for, and shortly crown one of them the smartest person in the world for one week. But as for right now, let's jump right into some ques and a's with our first to four rounds. Today 'tis always our General Knowledge Round Round one, General Knowledge thinking, caps on lovebirds, pencils at the and away we go. There are eight questions in the General Knowledge round. Here's question number one, Hello kitty is not a cat after all? In twenty fourteen, san Rio confirmed that Hello Kitty is actually what? It's not a kitty or a cat? What the hell is Hello Kitty? Again? For question number one, Hello kitty is not a cat after all? In twenty fourteen, Sanrio confirmed that Hello Kitty's actually what For question number one, how are we feeling? After one question? I mean, Jesus, I know who you are. I put some I put some layffs in the air for you both.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Appreciated, am very appreciated.
Speaker 2: Jackie. Did you know about this?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: People are really upset about it.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird. You're like you like, my whole life is a lie.
Speaker 4: I wasn't happy. Yeah, I wasn't happy. I see her whiskers, Yeah, tell me she's not a cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's something I got lost in translation there.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, giraffe and it's a elephant. That's bullshit. What do you talk about? All right? Question number two, here we go. What part of the eye controls the amount of light that enters it? Your eyeball? What part of the eyeball controls the amount of light that enters hmmm? For question number two, A little human body. All right, Question number three, we're moving right along. For number three. This Oscar and Grammy winning singer, songwriter and composer was born in nineteen ninety seven with the name Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson, but goes by what three letter acronym. For question number three, I will repeat it again. This Oscar Grammy winning Singers, songwriter and composer was born in nineteen ninety seven youngster with the name Gabriellas Sarmiento Wilson, but goes by what three letter acronym? Have you heard of this person?
Speaker 4: Hmmm? I think they've heard of this person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, what's throwing me off is the birth year.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. When I saw it, I was like, man, young everything, everybody's young. Everyone's so young.
Speaker 3: H focus on whatever part of the question, yeah, made you think like.
Speaker 2: Oh, three letter acronym, that's her professional name. All right, question number four, I think you guys have what streamer has the original TV shows Doctor Death based on a True story and poker Face? What streamer or platform has those original TV shows? For question number four? Doctor Death based on a true story and pup Pa Pa poker Face for number four? All right, Number five, we're on the We're on the back nine of the general knowledge round. With question number five, what US city has the following tourist attractions? The Molly Brown House Museum that's the unsinkable Molly Brown from the Titanic, The International Church of Cannabis. Holy shit, I want to go there. And lastly, Core's Field cores like the beer coors Field. What what US city has those three attractions amongst many others. But they have the Molly Brown House Museum, the International Church of Cannabis, and coors Field And then there were three. Here we go. Question number umber six. What female screenwriter wrote the screenplays for Silkwood when Harry Met Sally and You've got male? Who is the famous screenwriter and director? But this person wrote, oh my gosh, all of these screenplays Silkwood, when Harry met Sally, sleepless in Seattle, You've got male? Last name will Suffice. And as a side note, though, the guy that I think did the You've Got mail he just passed away. I think like this week. Oh really, Yeah, how old was he? I think he was in his seventies, so he wasn't super old, but I thought he was like maybe in his seventies.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's kind of assumed he was older. Yeah, my mom like broke the news, didn't break the news, but she was like, I did you hear about Quincy poor Quincy Jones? But oh my god, I mean, how old is he ninety Okay.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yea not run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when someone's like, oh, Quincy Jones had a great run. Sounds like everything worked out in his favor.
Speaker 5: And super successful, like you know, seem to achieve a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the greatest legacies ever.
Speaker 4: Because he was he was Pictures of him young, yeah, which I did not see before.
Speaker 2: He was an incredible musician, like from like I have albums of him, like early Quincy Jones where he's like an incredible snack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, incredibly attracted.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think he did alright with the ladies throughout his life.
Speaker 4: You're sure he did.
Speaker 2: All right. Question number seven we're talking about animals. We talked about animals before with Hello Kitty. But question number seven is, can you name any of the five slowest animals on the Earth. It could be in the ocean, they could be on land, but any just named one of the five what you think are the lowest animals on Earth? And it's kind of subjective and it's harder to pinpoint, but I scoured the internet and there was there was multiple ones that had like these five kind of in the top five slowest animals. So you just need to name one, think of think of a real slow ass animal for question number seven, and you're probably gonna get it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty slow.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I put her it had you as the seventh slowest.
Speaker 3: Now I know I didn't quite make top five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're too swift fleet of foot as it were. All Right, finally we have arrived final question in the general No Noldron question number eight. The first patents for both the paper clip and the stapler came in what century? I want to know what century that those patents for both the paper clip and the stapler came about. You just have to name the century. But it's kind of interesting. The patents were very real close to each other, which is kind of remarkable. But the first patent for both the paper clip and the stapler came in what century? For question number eight?
Speaker 3: And you would think that was it the same person who came up with them.
Speaker 4: Or that they not.
Speaker 2: It was not. It was not. It was different different people because I think when it came to even the stapler, like numerous people worked on it and perfected it so by the you know, later years, it was like what we see today, But it was like you know, I think when it first happened someone created the actual staple, and then I think it was a one at a timer, so it was like one and you have.
Speaker 3: To put this, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: So it's like it took I think decades for someone to be like, how do we get these staples together?
Speaker 3: Hmm, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then the person who invented the paper clip was like, staples too permanent.
Speaker 2: You know I'm doing what if you make a mistake, Yeah, if you tried to proby one of these back out, it's bullshit. And then someone was like, staple remover. Yeah, exactly. They just kept making office supplies. All right, you two pencils down. We will go over your answers in just a few moments. But it's time to meet our terrific guests from New York City. He is the director of the series Monster Jam revd up Recaps and Lol Surprise What's inside. He's done a bunch of stuff as well. He was an actor back in the day. He was on I Carly and Psych and the social network. My pal Jared Hillman is here today. WHOA, thanks Mike. Hell yes, it's great to have you here. You can follow Jared on Instagram at jar or jar Hill, Jared, what very important charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 6: I am playing for the Crones and Koalaitis Foundation, which is a personal cause for me. I've had CRONES for over twenty years, and not only is the cause important to me, but also this foundation because every summer for the last ten years, I've actively raised money for them to support research and patient support programs. And your listeners might be interested to know that mister Mike Nelson has been a supporter of our team, which is greatly, greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: He's a mention this one. You're doing the Lord's work. We're happy to make a donation in your name to the Crones and Colitis Foundation, Win or Lose. Yeah, this guy's been doing it for a decade raising money for this great cause. Thank you. Now to meet your best half from right here in Los Angeles. You saw her on the Middle. She did the voice of Goldie and Goldie and Bear. She was recent on Gray's Anatomy and her one woman show, Legally Brunette The Search for Myself, which I saw live here in to Luca Lake, and it was in krey Eble. My dear friend Natalie Lander is here.
Speaker 3: I mean thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's great to have you here. You can follow Natalie on TikTok at Natalie underscore Lander, miss Lander. What charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: I am playing for Share Inc.
Speaker 5: It's Share and they it stands for Share Happily and reap Endlessly. It is a women's philanthropy group that has been raising money for children's charities in Los Angeles since nineteen fifty three. I am a member of the group. We are all volunteer run. We are passed through organization, and every single dollar that we raise goes directly to programs that help children with all sorts of needs, whether it be health needs, developmental needs, family needs.
Speaker 3: It's really a wonderful organization.
Speaker 2: That is fantastic. Well, happy to make a donation in your name to the great people at share Inc. Oh my gosh, we have two incredible charities. We have two beautiful and wonderful contestants. But now it's time to get back to brass tacks. Go over it. You should have.
Speaker 5: Added to Jared's bio that he's also a major fan of the show.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. Let's let's let's let's yeah, let's talk about this we have a super fan on the show, like one of our super fans, Jackie became my co host. I am so if you, if you play your cards right, Jared, I might be involved in some way. Well I'm thrilled to be involved in this way because I feel like I've been listening subconsciously like a training, you know, every time I listen to the show. Yeah, uh and yeah, I'm a big fan. If there were a category of trivia about the show, I could be a beghetting or every episode. Yes, huge superfan. You annoy people by telling them that they have to listen to this show. So we applaud you, We thank you for that. My friend, you could I think you could be Jackie's co host. And we just keep adding. Yeah, like more people on the zoom.
Speaker 6: The net, the nested dolls of trivia hosting. You could keep score for our scorekeeper, Jackie.
Speaker 4: I would love to help.
Speaker 3: Ye, this is a great.
Speaker 2: You could make Jared do all your final throatowns. Just be like you do it.
Speaker 4: I'm just napping over here in the corner for phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jared, hes going to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love fractions. I love it. Oh my god, this is gonna be This is gonna work out perfectly, all right, So we have super fans all over. Natalie hates the show. Let's go over.
Speaker 3: Hate it with a passion.
Speaker 5: No, Jared really has been training for this, and so I just want to just throw this out to the anyone listening, like I will be toasted in this competition. I know he keeps telling me, But here's the deal. I tend to have a brain that, like it doesn't really absorb.
Speaker 3: Anything, you know.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I'm a really nice lady, but that's about it.
Speaker 6: But there are certain blind spots to my for sure, to like what I know that I think you would kick.
Speaker 2: My ass in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well so anyway, if those come up, I'm happy to be here. It's an honor to be nominated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's find out, shall we? All right? General knowledge? We had eight questions in the round. Question number one right in your wheelhouse, though, Hello Kitty is not a cat after all. Twenty fourteen, Sanrio confirmed that Hello Kitty is actually a what Jared, what did you put for number one? I said she's a little girl. She said little human girl. A little human girl. Natalie, what did you put?
Speaker 3: She is a little girl?
Speaker 2: Correct answer. She's a little human girl named Kitty White. Kitty White is her name, but it's not a cat at all. It's a little girl. Crazy even lying to us Sanrio this whole Do you think that.
Speaker 4: All of them are just little humans? Done? Like? Is Coroapi a little boy? And put Chuckle's a little boy?
Speaker 5: And I think they they've ignored that logic.
Speaker 4: What's that one there?
Speaker 3: But Hello Kitty has a cat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think that is charm charm charm kitty or something.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you know where Hello Kitty is from?
Speaker 4: Japan?
Speaker 2: No? When I was researching this, it was it was something interesting where it's like, oh, she's born in London, that's where from. She's from London, England. And I was like, this all doesn't make sense, but I learned a bunch in doing research for the show. But Kitty White is a little girl from London. Yeah, all right, all right? Question number two? What part of the eye controls the amount of light that enters? There's the eye, Natalie, the iris, the iris? Great guess, Jared, what did you put? I also have iris? The iris? The answer I was going for is the pupil. It's your pupil. That actually, you know when you dilate your pupils or.
Speaker 4: Pupils get really small, and it's the iris and the camera and that's why, Yes, that's what I thought it.
Speaker 2: That's why the pupils inside your iris. But the pupil is what I was going for for controlling the amount of light. That is the eye. I'm learning, Yes, we're all learning some Jackie could even if you want to look that up to be like did I screw that up? Since they both put it, I get nervous where I'm like, did I screw up that answer?
Speaker 4: Oh? Look it up.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're the best at least it's even. Yeah, yes, it's you either get it right, you get it wrong. It's all good. Question number three, this Oscar and Grammy winning singer songwriter Poser was born.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. The iris or the colored part of your eye, controls the amount of light passing through. According to Standford Children's Health dot com dot org.
Speaker 3: Is that rednable?
Speaker 2: Can you look up what iris does?
Speaker 4: And then according to Nationaleyinstitute dot gov, the iris controls how much light? Now, now what I'm just gonna write? What do people do? What do people do?
Speaker 2: What? Do pupil?
Speaker 4: What do people do for I?
Speaker 2: Because I would think that the iris controls the size of the pupil.
Speaker 4: This is so interesting. The pupil lets light into your eye as the muscle of your iris changes its shape, so the pupil is just what it is, and then the iris does controlling it.
Speaker 2: I love this. I learned something during my own game. You're both getting the point. That answer deserves a huzzah.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: We thank the Lord you. You double guessed yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I did because I just felt I was like even when I was doing you, I thought so too. The wow, I'm glad we did it.
Speaker 4: The one that made me go and double check. That's what spoiled the round for me.
Speaker 2: I love it. You got two for two?
Speaker 3: Who this is intent.
Speaker 2: Spoken with gas? Question number three. This Oscar and Grammy winning singer, songwriter and composer was born in nineteen ninety seven with the name Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson. That goes by what three letter acronym? Jared, Well, this is what I'm not very sure about. So I went with dua, as in lipa wohdua. A great guest Natalie, what did you put?
Speaker 3: Okay? So I wrote down three different ones. I know I can't.
Speaker 2: Pick your favorite.
Speaker 3: Three letter acronym.
Speaker 4: Take the one that you think is an acronym.
Speaker 3: Am I A.
Speaker 2: Ooh great, I guess I don't think. So you have dua lipa dua and we have am I A. It stands for having everything revealed. It's her. Oh, I didn't know it stood for anything, but it stands for having everything revealed, which just happened on our show with the I question and this question.
Speaker 5: You know, it makes sense. We wouldn't get that because Jared and I are not very cool.
Speaker 3: To me, that's like, that is one we would miss.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm surprised. I know I would get that wrong. That was one of the blind spots I met was contemporary.
Speaker 2: Poppy contemporary. I think there's a certain age of your life where it's harder and harder to know what the kids are really into. Per se for stretches of time where I feel that way. I'm like, yeah, I'm good up until like two thousand and something. Then there's huge stretches. I'm like, I was not listening to the radio or whatnot? Doing there all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Question number four. What streamer has the original TV shows Doctor Death based on a true story and Poker Face, Nat Peacock, Peacock Jared, what did you put? I said, Peacock, Peacock and Peacock. You would be correct. It is Peacock. That is that streamer that has all those original shows. Question number five. What US city has the following tourist attractions The Molly Brown House Museum, the International Church of Cannabis, and coors Field. Jared? I said Colorado. I was looking for a US city. Oh dang, We'll go to Natalie first. What did you put.
Speaker 3: Boston?
Speaker 2: Boston great guests. Well, I was definitely closer, but.
Speaker 6: I would I would say Denver, but I'm I'm a purist, and I feel like I didn't get that right.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's such a stickler. I will I will get I will give him that. Yeah, it was, it was. It was Denver. I was going for Denver Colorado. So no harm, no fun, nothing's so hard. Such a purist, Okay. Question number six, Let's see if it comes to anyone late in the game. What female screenwriter wrote the screenplay for Silkwood When Harry met Sally and you've got male Natalie, what is her name?
Speaker 3: Nora Efron?
Speaker 2: Jared? What did you put? I also put Norah Efron. It did come to you in the nick of time. It is Norah Efron, I.
Speaker 5: Wrote, yeah, and I couldn't think of I kept thinking Norah Jones, and I'm like, no, I Norah Jones.
Speaker 2: Don't know why I didn't. Question number seven, can you name any of the five slowest animals on this earth? Jared? What was your guess? A tortoise? A tortoise, great guest, Natalie, what did you put?
Speaker 3: A sloth?
Speaker 2: A sloth? So we have a tortoise and a sloth. Here are the slowest animals on the earth. You have a banana slug number five, number four, a giant tortoise, yes, number three, a starfish. Oh, number two, a garden snail. They're pretty fucking slow.
Speaker 3: Snap. I was gonna say snail.
Speaker 2: And lastly, but not leastly, number one a three toad slot. You both nailed it, nailed it.
Speaker 3: I really didn't see that coming. I thought I was out.
Speaker 2: Tortoise and sloth nailed it nice, all right. Question number eight. The first patents for both the paper clip and the stapler came in what century Natalie, eighteenth just a massive guess. Eighteenth century, good guess, Jared, what did you put? I feel like that is a good guess. I went with nineteenth the nineteenth century. They were both patented around in and around the years of the eighteen sixties, so it is the nineteenth century. So Jared gets the point. Yeah, it's like eighteen sixty six and eighteen sixty seven that both of those things were patented, which is kind of nuts, like a year, year or two apart. All right, that was a hell of a first round, Jackie. Yes, what is our score? After one was?
Speaker 4: I was locked in, so I do know the score, and I have to say it's tight. You guys were tied until that last freaking question. We have Jared with the self proclaimed I'm gonna say pro because the other words just to give me to stry be pro with six points, and we have Natalie, the self proclaimed nice lady that nothing really sticks with five points, so we can't say that nothing sticks. Natalie, You're more than a nice lady, Thank you. You know.
Speaker 3: I do want to say, though, when I wrote eighteen, I.
Speaker 5: Really was seeing the eighteen hundreds and I always mess up, but like it's like one up or whatever.
Speaker 2: It took me about. It took me about thirty five years to learn learn that trick too. When people say it, I'm like, what that mean? It's the one? I like, fourteenth means the thirteen hundreds. Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I always secretly just remind myself that I know I was growing up in the twentieth century, but it was the nineteen hundred, So I always start there and then count back, basically just make sure I'm not making a mistake.
Speaker 2: So weird, but you were right there. It's six to five after one. That's how we draw it up here. You should know better than bads. We enter around two, which is our pop culture grab Bag.
Speaker 4: Round two pop culture grab Bag.
Speaker 2: Today in the grab bag, we got a TV round in store for you, and more specifically, it's a TV round all about the shows from HBO and or Max. Those these are all questions about HBO or Max TV programs. There are eight questions in the round. Here's question number one. Who plays the title role of Oswald Cobb in the Penguin that just came out? Bonus, can you tell me who plays the female badass in that first season? Sophia Falcone. Can you name either of those actors number one, who plays the title role of oz Cob in the Penguin. For a bonus point, can you tell me who plays the female badass Sofia al Cone? I just binged it over the last couple of weeks. Very fun show, all right? Question number two, can you give me the character names for either Kristin Davis or Kim Katrol on Sex and the City their character names? Can you give me either the character names for Kristen Davis or Kim Katroll on that HBO series Sex and the City For question number two, I'm such a fill in the blank.
Speaker 5: Well, Jared's a really big fan of your podcast, but he's also massive Sex and the City fans.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew it. He was always rooting for mister Big though. What an a hole that's been off was traumatizing. It was men are trash, all right? Question number three, what's the phrase that John Oliver uses on last week Tonight and go from one story to the next. He always uses it, this little catch phrase. It's a three word phrase on last week tonight. What's the phrase that John Oliver uses on last week tonight to go from one story to the next. It is a three word phrase. All right, here we go. Question number four in the pop culture grabbag we're talking about HBO or Max shows. Number four goes like this, Doctor Eli, Jesse, Judy, and Kelvin all share the last name that is also part of the title of this comedy series. Again for question number four, Doctor Eli, Jesse, Judy, and Kelvin all share the last name that is also part of the title of this more recent comedy series. For question number four, great show, great show, and number four.
Speaker 6: It's got me thinking, I'm trying to picture all the thumbnails in the menu.
Speaker 2: Yep. When when you're spending half deciding on what the hell you're gonna what you're gonna watch this night? Yeah, it's the Hanvens, it's.
Speaker 1: The all right.
Speaker 2: Question number five, can you name any of the three drag queens that were featured in the first three seasons the great HBO series We're Here. There was three incredible drag queens that were on the first three seasons of that wonderful show We're Here on HBO. Can you name any one those drag queens that were on twenty plus episodes of that show. For number five. I was late to the game on this show, and then once I watched one episode, I was like, well, I know what I'm binging for.
Speaker 3: Yes, I heard really great things. We should watch that next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really it's it's a really wonderful show. Thank you. Thanks.
Speaker 6: And if I've heard because I haven't watched it, I wonder if I've just in the zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Yes, somewhere you.
Speaker 3: Really don't watch HBO or Max very not since the rebrand.
Speaker 2: It's it's a protest. You're a purist. You're an HBO purist as well. It's true. I will say one of them, at least one of them one RuPaul's drag race, I believe. Okay, all right, Question number six, I think you guys got what actress has appeared in the most episodes through the first two seasons of The White Lotus. There's been two distinct seasons, but there's one actress that has appeared in just about all the episodes. Can you name her? For number six? That weird and wacky and wonderful show, The White Lotus. All right, number seven, we're in the penultimate question in the grab bag today. D los ink Or Dells Inc. D E. L Os Comma Inc. Is the corporation behind the robotic theme parks in what dystopian sci fi series it was on HBO? Or Max Delos Inc. Is the corporation behind the robotic theme parks and what dystopian sci fi series? For question number seven, not taking it easy on you, guys, No, this is not just all the big ones. I'm going some deeper cuts here. Yeah, and finally question number eight of eight. What former co host of The Today Show? I think he hosted the Today Show for over fifteen years, hosted the acclaimed investigative series Real Sports for almost thirty years on HBO. It was Real Sports with this person that was also a Today Show co host for over fifteen years. Real Sports with this person for number eight thirty years. Yeah, I think they were on the air for almost I think it was like twenty eight years. And it was wow. It was like the sixty minutes of Sports and it was actually really incredible, one of my favorite shows they've ever done. All Right, pencils down, let's go over our answers in round two, which is our pop culture grab back. Today, we're talking about TV and more specifically HBO or Max TV shows. Question number one is who plays the title role of oz or Oswald Cobb in the Penguin? And for a bonus, can you tell me who plays the female badass Sophia Falcone? Natalie? What did you come up with for number one?
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to start by saying, I didn't even know there was a Penguin TV.
Speaker 2: Series on Bran Spankan new It's just been out for like a month or two. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, off, so great start. So I really I have zero clue.
Speaker 5: So I just decided that I would put Danny DeVito that maybe he was reprising his role.
Speaker 2: Guess who's back again? Jared? Do you agree? Was it DeVito? I don't think so. I'm going a different direction. Although I love that original Penguin. I think it's Colin Farrell awesome, and I have a long shot guess uh because I think she was in the movie, the more recent movie. I said, Krabbits, Oh Zoe Krabit's great. Guess. One point is going to Jared because it is the great Colin Farrell who plays the penguin or Oswald Cobb, And it's kind of one of the only times in my life where you kind of forget it's him. The makeup is so extraordinary and he's such a different character that, like I see it wasn't like sometimes when you're watching it, you're like, that's this Tom Hanks doing this? This is stupid. But I think they should win all the makeup awards because it's incredible. I agree.
Speaker 6: I just watch a little featurette. I haven't seen the show, but I watched you on how they make it and designed it.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's definitely binge worthy. It's it's it's really well made, and uh yeah, I think one of the highlights too, is this actress. Her name is Kristin Miliatti. Kristin Miliatti. It's very wonderful and I think this is gonna like blow her up even bigger because she's really good in it. All right, question numeroal dos? Can you give me the character names for either Kristin Davis or Kim Katrol On Sex and the City, Jared, what do you got? I'm pretty sure these were Charlotte and Samantha. Charlotte and Samantha, Natalie. What did you.
Speaker 3: Put Charlotte and Samantha.
Speaker 2: I'm such a Charlotte. It is Charlotte and Samantha. You nailed it. Both of you nailed it. Doing well so far? Are all right? Question number three? What's the phrase John Oliver uses on last week Tonight to go from one story to the next.
Speaker 5: Natalie, Yeah, really, I really didn't know this one, even.
Speaker 3: Though we watch. We watched John Oliver and just didn't one of those ones that didn't stick. So I just said, onto the next.
Speaker 2: On to the next. Love it, Jared, what did you put?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I swear I put two things. I hadn't circled one, but the first was onto the next.
Speaker 2: Swear they're showing their work. They both, they are married to each other, they both lived, they lived together, onto the to the next. The thing he says when he's going from a story to story is and now this and now now. It's just a simple little thing, but he's been doing it for the many years and all the Emmy yes and no funny this.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm trying to think of a catchphrase, you know, I'm like, is it pip pip cheerio?
Speaker 5: So the next time, you know what I mean, like like a more like a hello governor.
Speaker 2: No harm, no file and now this Now you'll never be able to unsee it or unhear it. Question number four, Doctor Eli, Jesse, Judy, and Kelvin all share the last name that is also part of the title of this excellent more recent comedy series, Jared, what did you put? I didn't venture a guess on this, couldn't come up with anything. Nat, did you come up with anything?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: But I was just trying to think of a show that I had seen once with a last name in the title, and I came up with the Torkal Sins.
Speaker 4: Oh, No, one ever knows about the Torkal Sins. Maybe they did a reboot on Matt and Matt ever knows about the Toorkal Sins. Do you remember that very intense opening song. It's funny, it was super long and kind of Christian. Yeah, it's very good, I mean totally Christian. It starts with God.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I totally forgot that.
Speaker 2: What network was that on? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: I watched on Disney Channel, but I don't know whether it started somewhere else. The Toss Brittany Murphy started on the.
Speaker 2: That's a deep cut. I love it. The answer I was going for. They all share the name Gemstone. They are the Righteous Gemstones. Oh my gosh, on that show. If you haven't seen it, yeah, it's another another fun show to put up there. But yeah, yep, that is the Righteous Gemstones I was going for for number four. Number five. Can you name any of the three drag queens that were featured in the first three seasons of We're Here? Natalie?
Speaker 5: Ugh, This is so frustrating because I was literally talking with someone like two days ago about this show and about the lead actress in the show, and I can't think of her name, and so I just the first drag reformer that I can think of is Alexis Thunderfuck.
Speaker 4: But I.
Speaker 2: You might get a name just for mentioning Alexis Thunderful. That's wonderful, Jared, what did you put? I just went last names only and said Jones. Jones, always trying to go, always thinking of how he can eke out a point. We had the great Changela that would do that death drop, Shandela that would always do that drop that she would do those crazy You had Eureka m and then my favorite, Bob the drag Queen. Bob the drag Queen is the one that won RuPaul's drag race. But those were the three Bob, the Drag Queen, Eureka, and Chandela. And then they have a group of like four new ones for their latest season. But great show. Check out, We're here yes. Question number six, actress has appeared in the most episodes through the first two seasons of The White Lotus Jared, Jennifer Coolidge, Jennifer Coolidge with a question mark, Natalie Lander, what did you put?
Speaker 3: John Jedson?
Speaker 5: You're gonna say, Jared Hillman Jared for of Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Coolidge and Jennifer Coolidge. It is Jennifer Coolidge, Yeah, her and John Grease, the couple on the show. I've appeared in the most episodes of The White Lotus because they've been in both seasons. Question number seven Delos Sir Dellos, Inc. Is the corporation behind the robotic theme parks and what dystopian sci fi series. I don't know how it says because I never saw the show. Natalie, did you see this show? Or did you venture a guess?
Speaker 3: I venture to guess and I guess The Last.
Speaker 2: Of Us, The Last of Us? Great guest, Jared, what did you put? I guess? Westworld ooh, we have the Last of Us and we have Westworld. Correct answer is west.
Speaker 3: Based on the movie Westworld. A little didn't watch The Last of Us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, we didn't watch long enough to get the company name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right. And then finally, question number eight. What former co host of The Today Show hosted the Acclaim investigative series Real Sports with Blah Blah blah for twenty eight years. I believe, Jared, did you come up with anything for number eight? Yes? I think it's Bryant Gumble. Bryant Gumble, Real Sports with Bryant Gumble. Natalie, what did you put?
Speaker 6: I said, Al Roker, Yeah, I'd watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Real Sports Sports with Al Roker. The correct answer is Real Sports with Bryant Gumble. It is Bryant Gumble. Jared was out a big point there at the end. Jackie Gonzalez de Ruthie, how are we doing at halftime?
Speaker 4: Listen, We're doing well. Jared has creeped up a little more, but not significant enough where I'm worried. I'm not worried. Natalie. You have eight, that's solid. Jared, you have eleven, that's solid.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: But we still have the lightning round we still have double duty Radcliffe. There's a lot that can happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed again, folks, we're here with Jared Hillman. You could follow him on Instagram at jar hill He's playing for the Chromes and Kalitis Foundation. We're also here with Natalie Lander. You can follow her on TikTok at Natalie Underscore Lander and she's playing for share Inc. It's eleven to eight, so we got a close game. We got a barn burner right now as we head into our third of four rounds today, it is the dreaded or Infamous Lightning Rounded.
Speaker 4: Round three, the Lightning Round.
Speaker 2: Natalie, you are trailing at this time, so you get to go first, and you could choose from any of the Powerpuff Powerpuff Girls bloss Some Bubbles or Buttercup, name your Powerpuff poison Bubbles doing bubbles. All Right, here we go. I think this is I think this is a great question for you. So I'm gonna say the question twice. I'm gonna say go. You're gonna have twenty seconds to say as many answers as possible. Jared Jotson answers down, because I'm coming straight to you with your five second rebuttal. Natalie Lander, here's your bubbles lightning round question. What are the nine most popular theater cities in the United States? These are cities in the United States that have a lot of theaters, a lot of Broadway shows. And what now? What are the nine most popular theater cities? And these here? United States? Twenty seconds on the clock and.
Speaker 5: Go New York, Los Angeles, Wichita, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Orlando, Tampa.
Speaker 4: You are you from the Midwest?
Speaker 2: I feel like you hit she's from here?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 2: You got? You got New York, you got Chicago, you got San Francisco, you got Orlando, you got Houston, and you got l A. So you got six big points. There's still a few on the board. See if you could steal some of these, Jared, five second rebuttal, the nine most popular theater cities in the United States. Five second rebuttal and go Philadelphia, Atlanta, Denver, I'm saying it now, Seattle, Portland, Cleveland, Stop Austin. What was that last one? Austin? Austin? Oh very close? Is it money? You named a bunch of great cities. I thought you maybe said the one I had on the list.
Speaker 3: Number got Seattle right.
Speaker 2: Number two we forgot about lost wages. Las Vegas has a shit town of theaters in a lot of shows, so that's considered number two on their list. Number three I thought I misheard, but it's Boston, not Austin. It's Boston. It was number three on the list, which I haven't been to Boston, I don't know. And number five was DC Washington, d C was on their list of theater cities.
Speaker 3: Seattle was it?
Speaker 2: Seattle? And Portland got short shrift on this line.
Speaker 4: I was shocked that Boston ranked above Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, but not only did very well in the bubbles question. You got six big points, but you needed great job, Jared, it's your turn in the barrel. You could choose either blossom or Buttercup for your lightning round question, if.
Speaker 6: I may say, sometimes when you throw them back in the hopper on other episodes, I'm thinking, will that be the one that I get?
Speaker 2: One day?
Speaker 6: Was this one time known as James Vanderbeek or something hum Mazzarella sticks, I'm I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go blossom.
Speaker 2: Go blossom, All right, here we go. Here is your blossom? Lightning around question. I'm gonna say it twice, say go twenty seconds. Give me all your answers. Natalie jotted some answers down because I'm gonna come to you for your rebuttal when Jared's twenty seconds are up. Here's your blossom lightning around question? Twenty seconds on the clock. What nine fast food restaurants advertise the most on TV here in the United States? What nine fast food restaurants advertise the most on TV? Twenty seconds on the clock and go, McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Harty's, Let's say Carl's Junior, Which is that? I guess Subway if that counts, maybe Pizza Hut if that counts, in and out probably doesn't. Stop stop stop stop stop you three. You got number one. McDonald's is still number one with a bullet. Then you had number five. Subway advertises a ton and number six Arby's we got the meats was number six, So you got three right there. Excellent job. Uh, Nat your turn, see if you could steal some. There's still six on the list nine fast food restaurants that advertise the most on television? Five second rebuttal and go.
Speaker 3: Wendy's, Taco Bell, Dell, Taco Dominoes.
Speaker 2: Stop you stole three? You stole three, so you.
Speaker 5: Stole domino I do love food, Me too, me too, garbage can humans, we all.
Speaker 2: Have those like it's late at night and I'm gonna pull in here, and.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot jack that we didn't say jacking bar.
Speaker 2: No, that's I forget with a confusing with Carls Jr.
Speaker 6: And not that I'm doing the math. But that was a significant lead change. If I'm falling along.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jackie's face is lit up like a Christmas tree. Let's go over the ones we didn't get to, but you got. You got Domino's, Wendy's, and Taco Bell, they were all on the list. So the ones we didn't get to, number three Sonic, I never go there, but they advertise a shit ton on TV. Number seven was Papa john so we didn't have Pizza Hut, but Papa John's advertised a lot now that Sheck's doing their commercials. And number eight KFC Kentucky Chicken or KFC was on their list. Oh my god, I am excited. That was a that was a game changer. Nat Nat found her niche in the Lightning round where Jackie, where do we stand?
Speaker 4: After three wow, at the end of the chapter and titled Nat Found her Niche, she takes the lead with seventeen points. Jared, you are not far behind with fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's seventeen to fourteen after three. That's how quickly things can change here, and you should know better as we enter our fourth and final round, Round four, the Double Duty. It is the Theodore Double Duty Radcliffe Round. We call it the Double Duty because points are doubled and there are nine questions instead of eight, so there are eighteen very important integral points up for grabs today. Here today we have one of my favorite rounds to do. It is a theme round. So this is how the theme round works. If you're playing at home, the first eight questions will seemingly be general knowledge questions, and the ninth question is always what is the theme? Now? Where do you find the theme? You find the theme within your answers. It could be part of a word, or one of the words, or all of the words and in your answers. But the more answers you get right in those first eight, the better chance you have a figuring out what the hell was my thinking in coming up with this theme? Round? Here we go Question number one of nine in Your Double Duty. Question number one in the film Back to the Future, what is the lady in the town square trying to raise money to save? She's saying save what? And back to the future, She's trying to get people to throw in a couple nickels to save what in that town square in the film Back to the Future, Save the what? Fill in the blank? What is she talking about? For number one? Again? For number one in the film Back to the Future, what is the lady in the town square trying to raise money to save She's saying save the the what in that town square from the film Back to the Future? For number one? All right? Question number two? What energy drink has a claw mark logo on their cans? It's just a claw claw mark logo emblem for what energy drink? For question number two, clawmark logo as it were on their cans? What energy drink? For number two? All right? Question number three what late great musician born in Minneapolis, Minnesota was backed up by numerous bands, including The Family, New Power Generation, and probably most famously, The Revolution. Name that late great musician born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's backed up my numerous bands, including the Family, the New Power Generation, or the Revolution. It was him and the Revolution for number three. All right, Question number four, I hope you have where do the UCLA Bruins play their home football games? UCLA Bruins? What stadium do they play their home football games? For question number four? How are we feeling after four questions?
Speaker 3: I'm not as confident?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I don't think I'm confident, but especially with this theme thing, it's like I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a few more here, here we get a clues? Yeah, all right, here's question number five. What is the other name for the chess piece? The rook? The rook and chess. It's also called a what. It's also got another kind of layman's term for it, the rook. It's also known by what other name? In chess? For question number five? All right, we're getting down to the nitty gritty here. Question number six. The original six weapons in the board game Clue were the dagger, the wrench, the rope, a lead pipe, a revolver, and what else? Question number six, And the original six weapons in the board game Clue, you could kill people with a dagger, wrench, rope, lead pipe, revolver or what other weapon? For number six? All right? Question number seven, what actress appeared in Ghostbusters as Janine with the glasses designing women, and she's also been on Young was on Young Sheldon for many years? What is that actress's name? She appeared in Ghostbusters as Janine who worked at the Ghostbusters locale designing women and Young Sheldon great character actress? What is her name? For question number seven? Question number eight, this is your final kind of general knowledge question, and then question nine is going to be what's the theme? So here we go. Question number eight, how do you say a beautiful girl in French? How do you say a beautiful girl in French? What is that? What is that word? Just looking for one word? For number eight? How do you say beautiful girl in French? For number eight? All right? Question number nine is what in the hell is the theme of this round? All right, hancils down, Let's go over our answers for a very pivotal Theodore double Duty Radcliff round today. In the Radcliffe round, we're doing a theme around. Here we go. There were nine questions in the Double Duty round. Here was Question number one in the film Back to the Future, what is the lady in the town square rattling her little can? She's trying to raise money for something, she said, saying, save the whatever? What is that blank? Save the what? Jared?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 2: Did it come to you? For number one? Yes, this one is I believe the clock tower? Save the clock tower? Oh? Yeah, what is your guest, Natalie? Oh, now she's saying it? What did you never? Did you put anything the whales? Save the whale? Say?
Speaker 3: Wasn't the dance la themed under the sea kind of Oh?
Speaker 2: The Enchantment under the Sea dance? I love it. Your brain was working. The correct dancer is save the clock tower. It is the clock tower. For number one. I got to work with that actress on a web series. That lady. I got to work with her a few years back, and she was lovely. She's great, great character actress that when you I watch a lot of stuff from like eighties and nineties, I'm like, there she is again, There she is again. She worked all the time, so good amazing. Yeah. Question number two, what energy drink has a claw mark logo on their cans? Natalie Monster Monster Energy Drink? Jared, what did you put. I'm also going with Monster. We got Monster and Monster. The correct answer is five hour Just kidding, it's Monster Energy drink. It is Monster. We have clock Tower and Monster so far. Question number three, what late great musician born in Minneapolis was backed up by numerous bands, including the Family, New Power Generation, and The Revolution? Jared, Prince, Prince, Natalie? What did you put?
Speaker 3: I didn't put anything.
Speaker 2: Couldn't come up with it. It was probably most famously Prince and the Revolution was his backup band. Prince and the Revolution, New Power Generation. I think they put out a couple two three albums there in the nineties or whatnot? Was he was with New Power Generation? Question number four? Where did the UCLA Bruins play their home football games? For number four? Natalie, what did you put? It said the Rose Bull the Rose Bowl? Jared? What did you put? I also guess the Rose Bul You would both be correct. It is the Rose Bowl. Question number five, what is the other name for the chess piece called the rook? It has another name besides Rook? Jared? What did you put? I said castle a castle? Natalie? What did you put?
Speaker 3: I left it blank?
Speaker 2: Okay, didn't come up with an ask we have castle and blank. The correct answer is a castle. It is the castle looking thing in the corner of your chess board, the rook or castle for number five. Question number six was your question all about the board game Clue? The original six weapons were the dagger, the wrench, the rope, the lead pipe, the revolver, and what else? Natalie, candlestick the candlestick. It was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the ballroom or the conservatory or Jared, what did you put? I also said candlestick, candlestick and candlestick. You would be correct for number six. We're piling up the correct answers here. Question umber seven. What actress appeared in Ghostbusters as Janine? She was also in Designing Women and Young Sheldon. Jared, what did you put Annie Potts? Annie Pots? Natalie?
Speaker 3: What did you put Annie Potts?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's Annie Potts, Anny Potts. It is Annie Potts. You guys are killing the double duty, all right. It could come down to this. How do you say a beautiful girl in French? Natalie?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I said something like fee, like something. I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is, something fee. Jared, did you also put something fee for number eight, No, I said Belle Elle, belle b E l l E. The correct answer is belle is how you say a beautiful girl?
Speaker 4: Duh?
Speaker 2: All right? Question number nine, what is the theme of this double duty round? Jared Hillman? What did you put? Right? Put beauty and the Beast? Beauty and the beast? Natalie, what did.
Speaker 3: You put Beauty and the beast?
Speaker 2: We had a clock and a tower, a monster, a prince, a rose, a castle, a candlestick. Missus Potts and Bell. We are, in fact talking about beauty and the Beast. You nailed it nice. I couldn't think of it. I couldn't think of a question for guest on. I'm sorry everybody.
Speaker 6: I'll admit that before I got Prince, I had to go back and be like Gaston and the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the Revolution.
Speaker 6: I had gotten the theme and then went back and then helped me get Prince.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maurice Coggsworth, that's great. Oh my god, I think this is super tight. It's great. Guesses. You both nail the theme. So, Jackie, after four incredible rounds, what is our final score?
Speaker 4: This game has been all over the place and it's taken us on a roller coaster ride. The final score has Jared with thirty two points wow, and Natalie with twenty seven. Oh, Jared the smartest person in the world for one week, but we'll never forget how Natalie dominated the lightning round.
Speaker 2: It was one of the best lightning rounds we've ever seen by well. Interesting.
Speaker 5: Interesting is you know, I'm a musical theater gal and I have a lot of friends that are on tours, and so I just started thinking about, like, where are my friend going, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, wonder I was like, where are you whipping out all this Midwestern stuff? From? I was like, she's guessing such like good guesses, but like, where is she thinking of this? From?
Speaker 2: She had it? Jared, you are the smartest person in the world for one week thirty two to twenty seven great scores. Both of you. Could follow Jared Hillman on social Media's on Instagram at jar hill We're happy to make a donation in his name to the Crohnes and Coalitis Foundation. Check his series out Monster jam revd Up recaps and Lol Surprise What's Inside? And then Natalie Lander follow her on TikTok at Natalie Underscore Lander. We're happy to make a donation in her name to share ink. Check her out on All the Things, The Middle, Goldie and the Bear, Gray's Anatomy, and look for for one woman show? Are you going to keep doing your one woman show? I hope I am.
Speaker 3: I looks like next summer twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Summer of twenty twenty five, look out for Legally Brunette The Search for Myself. It is an incredible one woman show. That was one hell of a ride, folks. But the game is not over. Oh, Jackie Gonzalez de Ruthie is back at it with our final throwdown? What do you have for us? This evening?
Speaker 4: A few other nations also observe Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Shock?
Speaker 4: Can you name one of the four that are listed on this website?
Speaker 2: The four from the interwebs? Another country that celebrates Thanksgiving? What do you guys think? Anything popping your head straight away?
Speaker 3: I think Canada has a Thanksgiving That's.
Speaker 2: What I was thinking that they It shows up on my calendar.
Speaker 6: She has her set to Canada as a visualizing future citizenship.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Canadian Arbor Day. That's a good guess. Yeah, I do think it is.
Speaker 3: But I didn't would never have thought there's four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you want to throw out like a few other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we could do, just like the ones that are fine. So it's like Mexicans trying to name for.
Speaker 4: In fact, each of you can name one, okay, in fact, all of you name one that's not Canada. Okay, because Canada is one. Okay, but you guys thoughts, So.
Speaker 3: There's three more.
Speaker 4: There's three more. There's three more on this website. Okay, on this very you know reliable. I trust this website. Yes, bar onegames dot com, oh bar none games.
Speaker 3: I'll let you guys guess for because I feel like, right.
Speaker 2: All right talent. Yeah, I will say. I'll say Ireland fun love that, that's good. I'm going to say Australia.
Speaker 4: Also fun choice, everyone's having fun accents.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Australia, Natalie, what do you got?
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like the UK?
Speaker 2: I love that, I love it.
Speaker 4: What if I were to tell you that all of you are wrong?
Speaker 2: That's grezil?
Speaker 4: What that Germany thinking?
Speaker 3: Germany and Japan?
Speaker 2: I thought of that for a quick second. That's really great Germany, Japan and Brazil and Canada.
Speaker 4: What are you doing with Thanksgiving? Yeah? I wonder what they're being over there.
Speaker 3: Does it say there the dates when it happens.
Speaker 4: It barely says anything.
Speaker 7: Okay, that deserves a splooshe.
Speaker 2: It Isn't the Wikipedia page interesting? That's really cool because that is like Thanksgiving all around the world. That's very cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The Japanese one is November twenty third every year, called labor Thanksgiving. Okay, so that's good to know.
Speaker 2: That's very cool. I love it. Brazil.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Brazil's is, like, if they're like ours at all, or if they're completely different.
Speaker 4: Brazil is the twenty eighth of November.
Speaker 2: Wow, it could be that, just like we started doing it and they were like, we should do something, as.
Speaker 4: It follows the American tradition of a harvest feast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I think that's where it stems from. Yeah, the fall harvest, the autumnal harvest. Oh giving thanks to the earth for all this.
Speaker 4: And Germany's in October.
Speaker 2: Those fucking crowds. I told them a million times, quit screwing around with your holidays.
Speaker 4: Come on, fascinating.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something? Great question, great answers, great game, total pleasure having you guys on the show. Hap holidays. Yes, you see you next week. For another episode of You Should Know Better.
Speaker 1: I want to help out the podcast. Please subscribe to You Should Know Better. Wherever you listen to podcasts, Rate our show and write a review if you can. It really helps get the word out to the masses. We thank you, and for some daily trivia action, check us out on TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Until next week, take care of yourselves and each other.
Speaker 1: We're all in this together, and then the immortal words of Harry carry so long Everybody. You Should Know Better is produced by Jackie Gonzalez, Druth and myself Mike C. Nelson, edited by Nick Wright. All music created by mister Kevin Sheena, voice over talent Natalia Castellianos, and graphic design by Jason Caldera and Calderico