Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and.
Speaker 2: Grow, not what we want.
Speaker 1: If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion.
Speaker 3: He's advised you talk about extreme.
Speaker 2: What is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we're about to feel it.
Speaker 1: Up torches high, you know, look at it from a different perspective, different perspective, different perspective.
Speaker 2: Great, Scott, what is happening? What is up? Hold out your glass because we are about to feel it up. Welcome to the Prometheus Lands podcast, the place where the conversations are always in lighting. I'm your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory of the Prometheus lens to take a second look at everything. Hey guys, if you listen on Apple or Spotify, give us a five star review, that would be great and upfront. I know the ads suck. I get it. I see your comments. Hey, I got bills to pay. Okay, I hope you can sympathize, but if you suffer through the ads. That is your way to contribute to the show that you love and listen to every single week without costing you a single dime. And I want you to note I appreciate it. Hey, guys, got a great conversation for you today. I got a returning guest and a friend of mine. We've been on some adventures. We've been searching for the Sam Squench out in the Smoky Mountains at East Tennessee. This man was featured in my reel, my highlight reel, and he come down from the Midwest area and had some really cool experiences down in the woods, and so you saw him in some of those trailers. But I'd like to welcome back to the show for wait a minute. This is the first time you've been here. I believe I've been on yours. This is your first time here, So welcome first time, first of many Riley from the Midwest. Smith Ods, what's up? Riley?
Speaker 3: What's up? Brother man? I know it feels like we've done so much stuff together in the past six months that you know, it feels like I've been on your show before you've been on Mind. But we've done so many roundtables, so many well the documentary camping shoot. I evens at your house, maters of the universe, of the universe, I think inside joke right there? Oh yeah, great movie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh well brother. Just for those maybe that have been living under a rock and hasn't seen you and what you do. Give everybody a little intro, introduce yourself, you show what you talk about, interests and likes, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: All right. So I'm Riley. I'm hosting the Midwest Mytholds podcast. I come to you from the wild, the crazy, the flattest areas on the Earth. I come from the Michigan Indiana border, bringing you stories of high strangeness, mysteries, ancient history, those small local legends that you may have never heard of in your entire life. Some of the craziest theories that you can think of. Man, And I do this all from my basement and it's.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 3: Man. I've been into the stuff ever since I was a little boy. My intro if you ever get my show a listen, my intro is my little story. Man. I've been interested in things. I've known people's stories with creatures and seem unbelievable, but they got the scars and stuff to prove them. And I've had my fair share of stuff throughout my life. I just the area I'm from in the Midwest, we got a lot of stuff. So I was like, you know what, why not make a podcast about it. I've been listening to podcasts for years and years since I was in high school, and decided, you know what, I might as well do it. Already been collecting all this research. I had journals, books, everything from creatures, ghosts, aliens, all that good stuff in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, that whole little area. So I figured out I might as well bring it to you guys to hear. And just because my show's Midwest mythos does not mean I only talk about the stuff in the Midwest. Typically my deep dives are. But I talked to people from all over the world and all sorts of different things. And you know you can find that. You can find these anywhere you can find I got the videos on the YouTube and anywhere you can listen to podcasts with the Midwest Mythos Man and met a lot of great people such as Doc Brown here on this journey minute. And that's the best part about this man, getting to meet the people.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree, one er present. I mean, if you're into history and into deep diving some of these stranger subjects, Man, podcasting is a god send for people like us because we can dive through all the stuff we find fascinating, tell people our opinions and what we think and what we found, and then we get to network with other people that share our passion and our joy and we get to exchange our puzzle pieces, as I like to say, because you know, we all have pieces of it. So the more people we sit down with and exchange conversations and ideas with Man, the more fuller picture we're going to get. And yeah, you can tell the people that do this and enjoy it because they have that permanent grin on their faith the whole time. The cheese and.
Speaker 3: Yes sir, yes sir. And Man, I'm glad you brought up the puzzle piece thing because I remember when I first had you on my show a couple months back, that's one of the things that we were like. I was like, oh, Man, you say that to and because that's what that's another thing too. I feel like that's a good way to genuinely find if somebody's in this because they want answers, they want to know what's going on, compared to just wanting to do it for fame and say, hey, I got a podcast, man, because I remember what roasting there. I got my puzzle piece, you got yours. Let's don't do this, Let's get more people, Let's do all this man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's too many shows out there nowadays in my opinion. That and they're big shows, you know, lots of people watching listen to them. I mean, they've made it. But it's like for me from a reach researcher standpoint, you know, in a searcher standpoint, it's like I enjoy some of these shows subjects, but for like the most part the show itself, it's like they're disc jockeys, you know what I mean that they're not reading books, they're not studying, they don't have their own opinions. They just have a show and they invite these people on and these big name guests see how many listeners and stuff they got, and then they automatically come on the show and they just sit back and let the guest take over the show man, and it's like, oh, man, come on, I want some conversations brothers.
Speaker 3: I feel that man. So like I'm not the biggest reader on the entire planet. I know a lot of a lot of our friends, including yourself, like to read a lot. So I've always I mean, I read, but I've always.
Speaker 2: Been an audio book man.
Speaker 3: Audio book Oh yeah, trust me, I got my fair share of credits on Audible. I had to buy quite a bit of them. But uh, like I've always been I like to talk to people. I'm one of those people that can just walk into a room full of one hundred people I don't know and I'll become best friends with over half of them just from talking to them. And I like here, I'm very much a listener for the most part. Like I like to hear people's stories and then really get it, like tear them apart at the end, just really get it. Let's get all the details. And usually that ends up leading into another hour or two conversation. Sometimes my wife, it drives my wife crazy. We'll get a new We'll get a new person that walks into our church, and of course I'm gonna be the one that goes up and introduces them myself to him, start talking. Oh you know, tell me your story, let's hear about it. And then oh, yeah, well have you ever thought about it like this? And then next thing you know, we're there for another half hour. She's like, Riley, we gotta go. You do this everywhere. I've seen you do it at a Burger King before. I just like hearing people's stories. That's what we're here for, like to share our lives. It's boring if you don't tell somebody your story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Well, I know we were talking pre roll. Definitely want to dive into some of the Midwest mythos and one of those conversations, like you were talking about me and you struck up a conversation when you came down to Tennessee and we were hanging out and you'd mentioned something that I had never heard of before, And if you don't mind, I'd like to kick you off there, because I'm sure if I haven't heard of it, there's probably a large handful of the listeners that's not heard of it neither. But what is the melon Heads? You mentioned this to me and we started talking about it, and I'm like, man, what are you talking about? You're talking about you know that movie back in the day, Cone Heads is that what we're talking about here is that what they were alluding to, what is the melon heads? Brother? And where did this all come from? All? Right?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: So the melon heads are depending where you're at, there's three locations that they're real prominent. But today I'm going to focus on the ones in Holland slash Saugatuck and Michigan. And they are a feral people with engorge heads due to a hydrocephaliac which is waterhead syndrome. And they supposedly stalk the woods of tak in Holland. So basically that whole little area. You can look it up on Google Maps. It's pretty wooded area. It's also touristy, a lot of breweries, tons and tons of breweries, so if you like beer, go check it out. But they got a lot of nature trails and preserves and stuff like that too. But these belum heads, and I guess PSA some people the language that I'm gonna use to describe these, I know it's a sense of toic topic for some people, but this is just how we talk about it in the area. There's zero disrespect behind it whatsoever. But they have these giant heads and they're not necessarily. It's not like they look like Stewie from Family Guy or anything like that. But they're just these giant, massive domes. It do the water pressure against the brain and stuff like that in the medical field. Now we'll get into some other possibilities, but they they reside near the Felt Mansion in Allegan County, Michigan, which is in Holland. The Felt Mansion was built in nineteen twenty eight by Doorfelt as a summer home for his wife. Now that's the most concrete evidence that we have as far as the story for this building until present day. Where skipping ahead. Now, it's a place where you can have your wedding reception and stuff like that, family renions. It's a really nice place. But in between nineteen twenty eight and twenty sixteen, that's where things begin to get a little blurry for this. Some people say it was a school for like trouble kids. At other times it was a sanatorium insane asylum. And that's where the most common story comes into place for the origin of these melon heads so supposedly in sorry, I got so many notes here on this. There was a doctor name doctor Crowe, and his goal was to make a hybrid camaras a monkey lie species of man, and he was supposedly German, so this can go into the whole Uber Mitch thing. I never really heard of the German scientists side of it. I've always just heard, you know, it was a doctor working on these patients and then sant asylum. It wasn't until I was actually listening to the twenty one CD podcast where he brought this up. He's from the general area as well, so he's heard these legends and stuff as well. I got to give shoutouts. I'm big about that when I've find something that I did not come across initially by myself. I'm so apparently there's like they were trying to do, like transmutations and stuff, summon these things to make the ultimate soldier. But they were trying it with these kids that had these disabilities and stuff. I don't know if it's because like their cranial space was so much bigger. Maybe that was some part of it, but I don't know. We can go down the whole cult side of it here in a little bit. So as the story goes, this dude tested tortured all these kids that had these disabilities. It wasn't always just like kids with a hydrocephalic There's chances are there's people like autism, down syndrome and stuff like that here as they most families would in this back in this day, would send that. That's just what families did with people like that, send them to the insane asylums. So during testing one of these days, one of them escaped and set free all the other kids and stuff that have been tested on. And rumor has it that they will let not rumored. Legend has it that they killed this doctor, ate his body, all that kind of stuff, and retreated out to the woods around the mansion. And to this day they supposedly are still surviving out there, breeding, scaring people, people go missing. And this is this is one of those legends that if you're from southwest Michigan or ether than just western Michigan, you here all the time. Even so I grew up in a town maybe thirty minutes south of here, so I heard these legends all the time as a kid. Don't go outside, you know, the melon has they're traveling down this time of year. They're gonna get you if you play out in the woods too far at night. They're gonna each you and take you away, and it's just absolutely insane. Like how it's it's not like Bigfoot or aliens, because there's been tons of UFO sidings over this place too. As far as like people are open to talk about these legends, these are used as fear, like a lot of like the stories like the wood Booger and stuff down by you, like, hey, don't go on the night the wood Booker is gonna get you mm hm. So that causes a lot of people in the area to believe, Oh, it's just a wives tale to keep your children in such. Yeah, But much like the wood Booger, there's truth behind it. Nobody nobody's just gonna come up with this idea that there's these Meloni hell headed children out there roaming the woods, ripping, taking people out and stuff like that. That's that's not just something somebody's going to come up with. You would say, oh, a bear came down from the top up north in the state. That's going to scare people kind of stuff. So that's one of the origin stories of them, and that's that's the one that gets told most of the time. Others are just oh, some escaped the school and did it all They all reside from coming out of this mansion, whether it was a scientist or it's just in a same asylum with no scientists trying to create a kamara. Whatever they want to call it. There's so many different things I called it. Maybe they just got out and escaped, or maybe some family just dropped their kid off in the woods because they couldn't take care of them, or they didn't want to bring shame upon their family back then. But regardless of what origin story you believe, there's actually some decent amount of sightings that happen in this area, and a lot of people know about it, so there's got to be at least the legends still live on in the area. Yep.
Speaker 2: And that's something I talked about in my book too, the Epic of I Saw. I had a chapter in there talking about I'm trying to think now. Nick Redford in his book I had read and he's from over there in England and Europe, and he said that there was a mentally insane hospital in this certain town, which I have to do all the details in my book. It's sister slipping my mind right now, but this was a yeah, man, there it is but he followed this trail of this and this local family that was like part of the like the ruling class, had started this insane asylum and they were all the family set on the board of directors and called all the shots and everything. They owned, it all out right. And it was one day this guy was in a bar and bumped into a guy that used to work security there, and after they got to drinking a little bit, got to talk that he started telling stories about during World War two. I believe it was that they that area was really synonymous for having nazzy planes shot down. And there's all kinds of woods around that insane asylum. It set like on seven acres, and that one night they seen a plane go down and they went out to investigate and grab the guy if he survived the crash. And when they got out there, him and another guy that owned property that was adjacent joined him, and they bumped into this Harry wild Man. This man covered in hair him head to toe and shot him, but he lived, and they took him back to the hospital and doctored him up. But this white van pulls up and starts questioning all of them, and this goes in and grabs this hairy quote unquote man throws him in the back of the van until everybody never to speak of the event again and then leaves. And that guy got the digging. But that guy that told him that story, he was dying of cancer and he ended up dying. But this guy researched it real thoroughly and got ahold of the records there at that hospital and that family that owned it hypertrixosis, which is the disease they call the wild man or the wolfman syndrome. Many people in their family had that disease and were checked into that hospital. So he theorized that the family had bought this opened it for their own family to hide the shame of the family and keep these you know, harry wild men and women under wraps, and that at a certain time, it's just like it stopped, and they just stopped keeping records of that family. So he theorized that that was the caretakers of the family, that somebody in that family that they were taking care of in their own house now to avoid being found out. That the hairy man got out, and then when they shot him and brought him to the hospital, the family was notified and they hurried up and went down there and got him and checked him out before anybody found out. And the guy didn't mention the family's name because he said that they're still in power today. Are you a hunter, a hiker, or just an outdoor enthusiast, Well, if you are, you know that good quality gear is hard to come by and find an all American maid, just like finding Bigfoot in the woods. Hence the name of Squatch Survival Gear. Head on over it to Squatch Survival Gear dot Com used the code p LP ten for ten percent off store wide. With the price of eggs and bread slowly approaching day's wages, it's more important than ever to to secure the value of your dollar. One thing that has remained steady is gold and silver throughout the ages. Back in Roman times, a piece of gold would get you a toga that's the equivalent of three thousand dollars today. That still remains true to this day. For a full suit, shoes, tie, you're looking at about three thousand dollars because gold and silver holds its value. So if you're tired of watching the value of your dollar go down every single day, it's time to get off your hands. And make a move. I recently teamed with Cornerstone Asset Metals. Reach out to those guys for all of your financial needs. It's time to trade in that forever devaluing dollar into hard assets that you can hold like gold and silver. Be sure to check the link down in the description or the number on the screen, and hey tell them Doc Brownson. But yeah, I mean you're talking about Nazi Germany, Harry Wilde and Sasquatches and conspiracy cover ups from the government. Yeah, that story's got it all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, then that brings me back to detail I probably should have done towards the beginning. But so this is Southwest Michigan during World War Two, since we're talking about the Nazis and Germans being shot down and stuff. So there was actually a lot of the POWs that got brought over to America were brought to Southwest Michigan because it it still is today, but go back even fifty sixty years. It's an a, It's part of the fruit belt. It's this whole agricultural hot spot. So the town I grew up in Colomba, Michigan known for apples, peaches, like cherries, strawberries, raspberries all that kind of stuf. So there's farms everywhere. Well, when the German POWs were brought over here, they were actually treated very very well, and there's a lot of evidence of this because you know, people lived. A lot of them did not go back to Germany, they stayed here, So there's a lot of word of mouth, like just knowing people. I know a lot of the descendants of these people. So instead of being how our troops were treated poorly and stuff like that, when they got over here, they were given jobs. Hey you get to work out on the apple orchard to day, or hey you're going to work out in the speech orchard. And then when you're done with your shift for the day, oh you can here take this money that you made. Are these bond little ticket things? Go get you some groceries, or hey, do you want to go to the movie theater today? Kind of thing. They're treated human. The only ones that treated them bad were the other Germans that were like all for the cause. So there was a lot of like infighting of the die hard like German Nazi nationally that oh you can't you can't betray the fear, but just the ones that had no choice but to join because they lived there and they didn't want to be any part of the war. They were able to start new lives here. So that's where the whole German scientist thing comes in. I don't think it has any ties to Operation paper Clip or anything like that, but just this area has a very high density of German descent due to that fact of so many Germans were here and did not want to go back to Germany. They liked us so much.
Speaker 2: Here, right yep, especially like the you know, like uh von Braun and all those guys. You know, they were super smart and heads of their field. So once they got captured and stuff, the government didn't want to waste their talent, so to speak, and make sure that they got the top technologies. And also, whether you believe it or or not, you know that we were in a space race, right they wanted all their help to try to get out there first, and it did work.
Speaker 3: I mean, people don't even realize, like Tom, is that why? I don't know why, almost said Thomas Edison. Albert Einstein was part of Operation paper Clips. People don't realize that he came from Germany to here to work for the Americans. So there's all that with that. But as far as going back to the melon heads, like if you want, I can get into some of the sightings and stuff like that. Some of the man what could prove it possibly being real or could be a whole hoax or both.
Speaker 2: So with the stories, now, were these like high functioning, you know, intelligent people, like could they have conversations like we are now or was there like some speech impediment involved supposedly, or some mental retardation.
Speaker 3: The state there is very much mental retardation in it a lot, and for the population is far as sightings nowadays go, they're so inbred and stuff as well, just on top of the patient Zero's already having medical conditions and stuff like that. I guarantee there was a couple of them that could speak and stuff, but others no. Uh, but that's just how the spectrum of the stuff works. But as far as the legends and stuff go, for nowadays, they've been so inbred now that it's just like fair old people and maybe ron yeah, but more impish almost, which we can get into that as well. After some of these sightings, there's so there's no names or stuff to these some some of these are just stories people have personally told me. And like this big one, well big one, it's more of an idea, like a conglominatory idea. Generalization is well, one being from the area, and two I mentioned I have so many books on just like the local legends and stuff. There's so many. There's every town's got that makeout point place that the high schoolers go to get a little handsy away from everybody. Well, there's there's a place in Holland that's like that. It's out in the woods. And so during like the seventies and eighties, the high schoolers would be going out to do what high schoolers do in a car that's hidden away. We'll keep it pg leave it to the imagination. And as they go out there, there was a certain spot out there where as soon as the man would start making the move, they'll start hearing ta on the car, shaken to the car lights, like eyes shining out the bushes, and like the shadows from the headlights of these large hats, and these just weird, ominous, scary noises of chatter. But it didn't make sense, like it wasn't our spoken language. It was just like how animals communicate with sounds and stuff like that. This is a recurring thing for high schoolers out in the woods at this time. And there was one dude I don't have his name, he came out and said, oh no, that was just me. I would go out there every weekend and make these noises and mess with these teenagers. But all the time for this twenty possibly even thirty year span, like you didn't have anything else to do with your life. Yeah, it doesn't like, all right, maybe you did it a couple of times. I'm not going to say you didn't, But every time there's quite a few sightings of this stuff happening. So if that's what you want to dedicate, if he wanted to dedicate his whole life the hoax in this and scaring high schoolers, props to him. You just made the local legend that's never gone away. But the likelihood of that happening to me, it just doesn't make sense that he did everything right. And one thing that people don't a lot of people don't know about is there's a lot of really really, really really rich people in this area that have homes, so you can drive out, you can get on the main roads to see and see like a couple of million dollar homes, some mansions and stuff. Then there's these places called the fire Lanes and it's just a bunch of woods. It'll have a little sign, and then there's like gates and stuff, and as you if you get lucky enough to get one of the pins or something, or like if you're doing work on one of these dude's houses. There's these multi million dollar houses all on the bluffal Lake, Michigan and out in the woods. So people know about those, but you just can't see him because there's that much trees. So those are decently known. But then there's billion dollar mansions almost that people don't know about that are hidden throughout the woods and the only way to get there is helicopters or like an ATV or something like that hidden out there. And I know this because I know some really well known carpenters and contractors from the area who have been asked to work on these houses. And one of them was telling me one time he was talking to the security because there's a tunnel out in one of them, and that's how you get to it, is you go through this old like drainage looking tunnel thing. And he said the security guard sound stands there and want's a censor goes off and they see people. What he does is he starts blasting feral people noises through the tunnels to scare people away to not get too close to these houses, so people don't know where these houses are out there. So some people say, oh, well, then that's I've told a couple of people about it. They're like, oh, well, then they're that demunks the whole legend. These people are out there doing this. I'm like, well, that's present day. Will even be generous to knock you back thirty years? What about everything that happened before that? You know, are these people just using the legends or to scare people away or as we know in this community. And I don't know if I'm this is going to get us instrouble for talking about, but we know the elites like to dabble in all sorts of rituals and witchcraft, which brings us to the second type of melon head. And this is like me, like me personally just saying there's two types. It's not talked about that way around here. That maybe they're not children and stuff that had these hydrocephalitis or maybe what I'm going to about to talk to you, is taking the form of what used to be there or just like the mass consciousness of people to take form. But what if these billionaires and stuff are doing they're rituals and summoning these creatures, these familiars, these amps that people talk about seeing and this is what people are seeing throughout the woods. This is what's attacking people, scaring children, scaring adults, is these creatures. Because the melonheads are just one of the many, many, many many things that are in this area of Michigan. Had the Dewey Lake Monster, huge bigfoot sighting that has that was taken that like, people came all over from the country to come try to haunt those there's To this day, it's still a reward if anybody can bring it in. Very of the sasquatch like being. There's the giant UFO flight that happened in ninety four where thousands upon thousands people called reporting seeing this massive UFO fleet flying from Ludington all the way down to Michigan City, Indiana. Basically, we got the dog Man, the Manisteine National Forest, all the high strangers there, the Lake Michigan Triangle Man. There's so much paranormal, unknown supernatural stuff in this area, it wouldn't surprise me if they were feeding off the energy of the place to some of these demons, is all it is.
Speaker 2: It's like it reminded me of like Bohemian or Bohemian Grove. You know, how they had this secret mansion and estate out in the woods, and they had security to keep people away, and you know, once a year or whatever, twice a year out and how often they met but ever so often called people together and they would do these rituals and do all this kind of crazy stuff. So that's exactly what I thought about when you was talking about that, because what's the point of having this fancy house and compound in the middle of the woods with no roads to it to hide it and then have like a tunnel that you got to go through to get to the place, and they have armed guards and security there to keep people away. You know, what are they trying to hide? What's in there that they're trying to keep people away from, or what's in there that they're trying to protect people from. I mean, it could be the other way.
Speaker 3: Well, that could lead into one of the things I always talk about when I talk about the Late Michigan Triangle just because that place is way A lot of people haven't heard about it, but it's worse than the Bermunda Triangle as far as like Death's shipwrecks, airplanes going down outnumbers the Bermuda Triangle by so much. But I got numerous episodes on that on my podcast, so if people want to hear that, they can go check that out. But one of the things I always bring up is the area is just dark. Man, it's really really dark. We al Capone used to mob in southwest Michigan. He would come from Chicago. Sorry, I got it, scratching my throat. He had bootlegs, stands next to not too far away from when I grew up. I have family members that knew him, old scarface man. And there's all kinds of human trafficking that comes from Chicago, goes all the way up the coast of Michigan all through that basin over Indiana. So there's a trail like you're hitting Chicago, you're hitting Gary, Indiana. We all know how bad Gary is. Even if you're not from this area. Everybody knows how awful Gary is. You're hitting Michigan City, Beton Harbor, Man Benon Harbor is a cesspool. Now awful place, But it used to be people would come from all over the world to go there. They would have festivals. It's very honestly, it's very tartarian, like, if you ever make your way up here, I'll take you through it. But now it's just like a giant hood's super dangerous place to lift. But there's murder, there's human trafficking, everything that's going through here. And it's like, huh, why is this area such a big hot spot, and why is it all moving up in the mission? Why is it coming from Chicago? Why can't it go to Chicago? You know?
Speaker 2: Why is it thought about the connection with the like the Ohio River valley and the Nephelum giants and all the mounds and stuff. Yeah, as if that's some kind of connection to the darkness and the spirituality and ritualistic type stuff there. Because I'm a firm believer, I think that these Nephelim giants, these Venetians, these ships, when the water levels were higher, come right in to the Lake Michigan area and that's where kind of where they spread out from. That's where you have those copper mines, and they followed that river valley down into Ohio and Kentucky and eastern Tennessee. And that's why you have this string of mounds and complexes and stone hinges and stuff like that associated with these places.
Speaker 3: Well, let me hit you with this theory that I've been working on man over the last year, just from talking to people. I think before Lake Michigan was Lake Michigan, it was a mass ritual site, like giants doing all their stuff, earlier people doing We see the Lake Michigan Stone henge. Okay, I don't know how familiar you are with that or if you've seen pictures of it. A lot of people say, oh, that's just a mammoth kill circle. Cool. It could have been, but it could also be a ritual site. They have petroglyss of mastadons. Man, that's all that underneath the water, and it's not too far away from where us as men put the perimeter of the Lake Michigan Triangle. I'm a believer all these little Communia Triangle, Bridgewater Triangle, Lake Michigan Triangle, all this stuff. Where we put our perimeters, that's not where the stuff's contained. I think it just stands out farther. But with all the mount like you said, in the Ohio River Valley, all these mounds, all the nephilim, I'm hearing stuff. There's some in Indiana, Illinois, now Wisconsin. I'm hearing stuff come out of all these mounds. And like you said, it leads into Lake Michigan. All this stuff leads into Lake Michigan. Why, out of anybody of water in the entire world, why do more ships go down? Why do more people just mysteriously disappear out of nowhere? Why are people seeing these UFO crafts shooting out of the water all the time? Why are they getting weird pings on radar? Why is there these ancient sites and stuff down there and nowhere else like it happened to at such a frequency of nowhere else? Because I mean, Lake Michigan's big, but there's a lot of other places in the world that this could be happened. Why is it focusing on this one spot? And why is some meteorologists, some some scientists is gonna come out here and say, oh, well this why is if you ask any meteorologists, what the hardest place on the world in the world to predict the weather is they're gonna say Southwest Michigan because the lake, once you get halfway through the lake, it can just switch the weather like that, like crazy. Oh well, it's a weather patterns. It's when the lake's so big it affects us. Yeah, I agree to an extent. Put dude, there's just living here my whole entire life. There's some really really unexplainable stuff that comes with it. And diving into all this and hearing all these different things. Man, something doesn't want us finding what's in those in the lake because once something goes down, you can't find it. It's not like Lake Superior, where everything's it's so cold, everything stays at the bottom and you can send scuba divers and stuff. Lake Michigan is so, so, so dangerous. And that could just be me with my little tinfoil hat on or something just trying to make something. But as somebody who's been experiencing this, in this stuff my whole entire life and looking into it, I can't. I can't deny. It's slapping me in the face in front of me. Something is here that they don't want to talk about, and they don't want us to fine, I don't think that one stonehenge that they found is the only thing out there. Oh yeah, I think there's a lot more under the water that they won't tell us. They could just get away with that because people can say, oh, due to these petroglyphs and these cave paintings that we found that there is a it was just a man with kill circle. We can take it as that, and the conspiracy theorist ain't going to be getting into it, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, so I know you said you didn't want to get into it too deep because you talk about it a lot, but I'm not familiar with with that triangle. Could you give me just like maybe maybe one or two stories that stand out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me half a second to get this pulled up. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I've heard you kind of just genuinely speak about it, but I've not heard any of the details.
Speaker 3: So I'm a I'm gonna hit you with one of the wildest ones that I'll hit you with the story of Captain Donair. And then let's see, I kind of already talked about the UFO flight a little bit. That's something that somebody can just look into. Then I'll talk about Northwest twenty five oh one, because that one people might be a little familiar with because it was on Josh Gates Expedition Unknown for an episode, so people that earned that might know about that. So Captain Donair, this is the prime example of just the weirdness in the Lake Michigan triangle. So in April twenty eighth, nineteen thirty seven, Great Lakes Freighter the OS McFarland was making its way across Lake Michigan to its final destination in Port Washington, Wisconsin. So it was coming from Erie, Pennsylvania. You know, the travel transport ninety eight ninety eight one hundred tons of coal. So don't he's a really well respected captain. He's made this trip plenty of times. They're making their way through the Straits of Mackinac and it's pretty if you've never been up to the Upper Peninsula across the Macanaw Bridge in the winter time, yeah, I know, it's in April. That's still the winner in the up. It ain't spring till June. But there's giant chunks of ice. Man, there's ice break. They had to send ice breakers and stuff. It's it's pretty big. It's five miles stretched a little pass and it's dangerous. Man, it gets nasty in there. Giant wind tunnel two. Well, do'n air stayed up to get his crew through there because that's the most stressful part of the whole entire trip. So when he gets done with that, they're like, oh, we should make our port in a few hours. I'm gonna go take a nap. So he went to the captain's quarters began to take a nap. He told his first and second mates, Hey, let's wake me up when we get about forty five minutes to an hour out, so I have time to wake up and be ready to do all the paperwork and all that good stuff. So don't Air retreats to his quarters. Time goes by. Everything that's going smooth well. First and second mate go beat on his door. Boom boom boom boom boom. No response. Boom boom boom boom boom. Captain you in there, boom boom boom, no response. So they go retrieve the secondary key. Man, I'm so sorry, man.
Speaker 2: Oh you're good, but you drink gets your drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah sorry, but uh so they get the quartermaster key, pop it open. Nobody's in there, So they start going around there. They're asking the crew, Hey, have you guys seen captain? No, no, no, nobody's seen him. So then they're like, maybe there was like a mutiny. You sure he didn't see anybody? No, nobody's seen him all. The only way that he could have gotten out of there is a tiny little porthole. From what everything I've read on it, dude like it was a small porthole that nobody's really gonna fit through unless you're like a real tiny dude, and don't wasn't small enough to fit through that porthole. So the whole crew starts to panic a little bit. They start searching the head to toe everywhere where could he be. They can't find him. Well, there's been reports of strange lights and stuff along this path, all this kind of weird stuff, magnetic stuff going on, and they just can't find him, and they never do. They never find Captain doing air. He just disappeared and thin air out.
Speaker 2: Of nowhere with the door locked, door locked.
Speaker 3: No way to get out, and there was people working close enough to the door that they would have seen him coming out. Nope, he never came out. The dude just disappeared. Which yeah, it's it's unexplainable. You know, it'd be different if it was like just like a regular worker or something like that. Oh, maybe he fell overboard or you know, maybe there was something going on, but the captain just escaping and jumping off for no reason.
Speaker 2: Which I know where they were going, they didn't need roads.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but.
Speaker 2: Bringing disappeared, dude. You know, yeah, did that boat get up to eighty eight miles an hour?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know, I'm not quite sure. Maybe he did. Oh but you know, they sent out ships and all that looking for it. They waited for bodies to wash upon the shore. No they never did.
Speaker 2: Uh, So they made they end up making their delivery like they needed to, just without their captain.
Speaker 3: He just disappeared, yep. And then they all got like had to go into a private investigation kind of deal, like for a because they thought the people on land thought they murdered him, and they would have plenty of time for clean up and all that kind of stuff. But just with all the other weird stuff that happens here, it's in elite Michigan, Trump, it just makes sense that he could have just disappeared, and that's not a very common thing that you could say that it just makes sense for a dude to disappear into thin air compared to over his crew killing him and throwing him overboard. And that's where Northwest twenty five oh one comes in. So this was in nineteen fifty. It was Northwest Orient Flight twenty five oh one. It was a Douglas DC four. It was going from New York to Seattle, but they were going to do a layover in Minneapolis. So they contact the air traffic control in Chicago. At the last they heard from it was at eleven thirteen. It was supposed to hit Milwaukee at eleven thirty. They don't hear anything. There was a storm going on, as there always is over Lake, Michigan, and after half an hour of no response when they were supposed to be, they start throwing out emergency signals for a missing craft. They're not picking up anything on the radars, nothing like that. By the next morning they realized this plane had never landed anywhere. They're thinking maybe it went off to like another airport or something like that and did an emergency landing or something, but no, they never were so they sent out a ton of cruis. There was a couple oil slicks off the shore of South Milwaukee, but divers didn't find anything. After two days of a missing the search area went from sixty mile radius to one hundred and seventy miles, so they were searching an area bigger than the state of Vermont for this thing. So they began to start thinking, oh, they were searching on the wrong side of the lake, and that it was down near South Haven, Michigan, which is twenty minutes away from where these molon heads are supposedly, and that the grims the remains of the crash and it's fifty eight victims washed ashore, but no big pieces of the plane or any complete bodies were ever found, dude like whatsoever. So they just made a mass grave and just assumed that these were the people that went down in that plane crash. Well, what I don't have in my notes here is that a couple of years ago, like six seven years ago, there was in South Haven more mysterious plane parts and body parts just washed up on the beach, and they don't know where it was from. Some theoriz it was from this plane crash, But the plane crash happened sixty seven years ago. If this was twenty nineteen, I think it was. It was twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen area. I just remember being all over the news. So if they're saying this from this, ain't nobody gonna survive that long. If it was Lake Superior, okay, but then it would be at the bottom of the lake. It ain't gonna float up because it's so cold. So I'm wondering, did they go through like a time portal or something like that. Possibly did this plane transcendent, because like the black boxes were just becoming a thing at that time, so the plane may have had one, may not have.
Speaker 2: But the fact you said all the alien spottings and them coming out of the water. Then you have that new footage now that's out of that Malaysia flight where those orbs come out and was circling the plane and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a possibility. And even even that made that TV series. I watched the first season of it. It was good. Shoot, I can't remember the name of it now, but it was a big hit. But it was kind of based off of that flight that disappeared because in the show, these group of people were flying and they flew through a storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It was this electoral magnetic storm, and it sucked them into like a time lapse wormhole, and no one could find them. They searched for like ten or fifteen years and couldn't find them. Then all of a sudden, ten fifteen years later, that plane lands in the runway of the airport that it was supposed to go to. The people get out and they think nothing's happened. They just landed from their plane flight. But now a lot of their family members are dead or remarried, and they're like, what the hell? Yeah, have you been gone for fifteen years?
Speaker 3: Bro? What? My wife just started watching that show. I can't remember it's not I know it's on Netflix. Yeah, but yeah, man, yeah that's what it is. Yeah, because I told her, oh, this is just a rip off a lost and yeah, man, it's It's a weird area for sure. I Mean, I've seen my fair share of UFOs over the lake growing up, because where I lived, I can look out over the lake and weird lights all the time that were not planes. There's so much plane traffic in that area. I knew what a plane looked like, and I knew what wasn't a plane. Yeah, man, it's the area is just wild, and there's a lot more stories that people can look into it. Those are just like two of my favorite ones because they just don't make any sense at all. And there's a lot of a cult stuff going on too, Like we talked about it could have been a mass rituals sign all the stuff in Chicago, Gary, and there's a big cult in there that I'm not going to get into right now, but I'd love to once I do it. I'm just waiting to do it right. I haven't got the release to do it how I want to do it yet, but whenever I do, it'll be the first place I go to let you know about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, deal, Deal, You.
Speaker 3: Got any other questions? Man? About man?
Speaker 2: I got bunches more because I do want to pick your brain on a lot of stuff, but I guess we'll have to save those for another time. We're winding to the end of our time. I'm surprised my camera hasn't turned off already in sattery info, guys, I left my camera on for over twenty four hours and it's still going. Baby, you can't be the sony, but I don't want to push it too far. My new camera up. Oh man, but Riley before we go, brother, they want to have you back. But for those that joined in maybe in the middle of the episode or wasn't paying attention in the front, let everybody know a little bit about your show where they can find it and all your content.
Speaker 3: Brother, all right, you can find me in Midwest Mythos Podcast or just Midwest Mythos. I'm on the best place to get a hold of me. Honestly, it's my Instagram, which is Midwest Mythos. I do have a link tree with everything down below is l I n K t R dot ee slash Midwest Mythos Podcast. I have a little link says contact me at the top. You can send me a little email right there and it'll go straight to me underneath there. Yeah, I have the YouTube channel, shortcut to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, all that kind of stuff where you can find that and if you liked what you heard today, and like these kind of deep dives local history things or people coming on and talking about their local history experience with cryptids, aliens, all that kind of stuff. I talk about it all the time on the show. I would say, if you are gonna pick up the show. You know, started like episodes like thirty five, thirty six, and work your way up At that point, I think I started to figure it out. Everything before that, there's some good ones. I mean, everyone's good. I love talking to everybody that I've had on But as a podcaster I think I kind of started to figure it out around the mid thirties.
Speaker 2: I will object, don't listen to him, guys, go to episode one and enjoy the journey. See the progress, all right, listen to doc you know better than I. Sometimes it's painful for us to hear because we know where we're at now. But yeah, you know, don't do what we do stuff that we hear and noticing things awful. They probably would never even notice. We're just really hard on ourselves. But when you go back, man, that's why I put the dig stuff on my RSSV too. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. The quality's awful, sound awful, the editing sucks. But hey, man, when they go listen to a new episode, they're like, man, if they've come a long way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess there is some you know, there's a lot of now that I think about it, there's a lot of comic gold at in the early episodes, Episode five, Tales of the Corn, I guarantee y'all will be laughing like crazy. Had some real funny dudes on that one. But yeah, man, and then you know, if you guys want to hear Doc talk to me, I got an episode with him too, so you should. We had a lot of fun. We talked a lot of God on that episode.
Speaker 2: Man, h the Holy Spirit episode there, Yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's one of my favorites by far. Thank you brother, Thank you brother for having me. And this ain't gonna be. This ain't gonna be the last time, I know for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh no, definitely, because you have a lot of pieces that I don't have, and I'm greedy. I want them my all.
Speaker 3: Baby. Hey, that goes both ways, brother, both ways.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, bel vida baby joke. Well, guys, I hope you enjoyed that. B Sure, check out Riley stuff. Man. Like I said, he's got all kinds of cool stuff from different angles and cryptids and urban legends and lore. Uh, he's got it all experiences and uh you get it from a total different perspective than you will anybody else in Riley's just a good dude. Okay. I'm sure you could see that by looking at it. He's an authentic dude, Okay, He's like he's one of us. He's a goony, so go support a fellow gooney.
Speaker 3: Die.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, guys, hope you enjoy that. Be sure check out his stuff and just remember the difference between the know on and the unknown is the journey. So good journey, guys.