Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, welcome Longay. It's time now for our community connection right there on K one. The one youds just brought to you by Tall Grass Motors, Wesley and Kitty College and Arnold Moore and knee Camp Funeral Home. It is the United Way. And my goodness sakes, ladies, you look like you might have got a little bit of a nap in after the golf turn.
Speaker 2: Maybe good morning. How are you today doing?
Speaker 1: Grat we have Lisa carrying Katie's on in with it. First of all, congratulations on one stellar golf.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: It was definitely a year to remember, so we are I want to really again thank Connico Phillips and Phillip sixty six for their just their ability to pull this off and work together on it. We had nine hundred and sixty golfers, one hundred and fifty volunteers, one hundred and fifty sponsors, and we raised one point two million, So it is it was a great week. I mean, we've already started talking about next year and we are just ready to add more value and help our community in even more ways. And big, big thank you to Laura Sanders and the Adams Golf Course and Mike.
Speaker 2: Bailey for their support.
Speaker 3: It was a transitional year, but that allowed us to do some things differently and I think it works, so we're gonna we're gonna do it again. But without their generosity and delaying the green rede that was a huge stress off my shoulder. So thank you for all the golf club, Adams Golf Club staff specifically, there were two volunteers that came three actually, Marty and Billy and Tammy and they just jumped in, did stuff. They've been doing it for a long time so and Alex and Jared and Jason out.
Speaker 2: There, they just were really great.
Speaker 1: We had a great week, although we got a lot of people who've been around for a long time as far from plug and player, that's true, I don't know true.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow, yeah it was. It was such a really great event.
Speaker 3: And we had new sponsors this year, and we had you know, usually Friday afternoon we try to get some local teams to play. We had to reduce that this year just because we had sponsors playing on Friday afternoon. So no, we're not going to add a day to the tournament. But it's just was a great weather was great. We had a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh wonder, Well, a day of Caring is you guys, just go right from one to the other without you missing a step.
Speaker 4: We hit the ground running and we we go fast, go hard. But yeah, so Dave Carry, this year was really great. We had about eighty projects that were submitted, yes, eighty, so that was about what we had last year. But we had about fourteen hundred volunteers this year. Six hundred of them were from Tray County Town. So yeah, so we like to joke and say if you saw a group of people working hard at wearing these bright Kelly green shirts, that was Day of Caring volunteers. So they're out making a difference in our community.
Speaker 1: Really are, And you know, this is something that a lot of people look forward to do, not just cry County Tech. They got numbers, but other groups do this too and they get a big kick out of it.
Speaker 3: I mean you what it does is just give the the agency or school some some support and needed work done, but it also brings joy to the volunteers. And we had we had a group from ABB at our office and they did a phenomenal job. And we're just really wanting to help out and we've already heard from some people who didn't submit projects this year that are going to submit next year.
Speaker 1: So well great, See it's it's having that effect. I got to get on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a I mean all pretty much all United Ways in the network do something to this level, but I think ours is unique because we don't make it on one day. Only some United Ways you have to do it on a specific day. Well, a lot of our agencies and schools need help that isn't either before September or after September, so that allows some flexibility and and gives that added support. So we're really we're very excited about volunteerism and app and just want to encourage people next year if they didn't get an opportunity to volunteer, reach out to Katie and she'll get you.
Speaker 2: She'll get you hooked up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Rise Grants they open up on Monday, see.
Speaker 4: Exactly, yes, yes, yeah, So we started doing rise grants. This is our second year doing it and it was something that was really important to Lisa and to the board and it's it's been so great because it's a way that we can help each andcies that aren't in our core fifteen partner agencies. So again, you know we we say we don't fund agencies, we fund programs, and this is a way to kind of spread that wealth around a little bit more so. The grants they open on Monday, October seventh, and they are mini grants, so it will be you can apply for them in the areas of health, education or financial security for an amount up to ten thousand dollars. We'll have the process all on our website. We'll share it on social media as well. Joni Hall is kind of leading the charge on that, so you can always hit her up. Her email is Joni j O n I at BARTLESWELLUW dot org.
Speaker 1: She just became popular.
Speaker 4: Yes she did, yes, but it's it's been a fantastic thing. Our board really sees the importance of it because we do get new agencies involved. We kind of get to help them that we didn't think that we would get to it.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic and we're happy to have it back now.
Speaker 1: Lisa, when I first came to town, they were only thirteen.
Speaker 3: We're getting there, yes, yeah, everybody, that's true. And you know what we really with these grants want to try to get if they have a new program that you're just needing some help with getting it shirt up, that you should apply, or if you have a program that's adding a new.
Speaker 2: Enhancement let us know.
Speaker 3: So this is really geared towards looking at ways we can put some money into these programs that are helping people that we currently don't help fund a program too.
Speaker 2: So it does.
Speaker 3: I mean partner agencies can apply, but I mean we are really looking for ways to get new programs for non partner agencies out there.
Speaker 1: We just sput it out a little bit and helping more people along the way.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, that's how exactly right. I love that, Tom. I'll pay you later.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got tens of them. Yes, but you know this is great now, the Bartlesville regionally United Way is a great organization worth supporting. Is when you support the United Way, you support so many different entities who are helping people in times of deep Yes, and my goodness sakes there you would say, well, aren't there are enough programs already? Well, no, people fall through the crack, absolutely, and this is where we make sure nobody falls right, Yeah, I mean looking out for our neighbors.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and you know, our community changes all the time, so there are some gaps in some of the services for our for our in our community, not only Bartlesville, but we're in the now area so no wada O sage in Washington County. So really we have to look at it through a lens of what can we do to help support those agencies to provide those services because they're the ones, they're the ones making a difference in lives every single day, and we're really proud to be partners with them.
Speaker 2: And it starts.
Speaker 3: With with people like you and me, Tom that give, they volunteer, and they advocate, and we're really fortunate we have a really generous community. So yes, we raised about half of our campaign goal at the golf tournament we.
Speaker 2: Got we got another half to go.
Speaker 1: So I was, yeah, teasing Katie about that. I said, now here comes the fund part.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, really, And so I mean today we have a kickoff at Phillip sixty six. We've done our Conic of Phillips kickoff. We've we've spoken to our vest, we've talked to O and G. So we you know, we have some more on the horizon. But if anyone out there wants to learn more about United Way, or wants us to come present to a to your company or to your group.
Speaker 2: Feel free to give us.
Speaker 3: A call or email us, and we would love to come let you know about United Way.
Speaker 1: What are your points of contact? Which is the phone, in the web and everything.
Speaker 4: Yes, so they can come by our office where at four to one five East Silas Street.
Speaker 2: They can give us a call.
Speaker 4: It is nine eight three three six one zero four to four. They can go to our website BARTLESVILLEUW dot org, or they can find us on Facebook. And that's just Bartlesville Regional United Way.
Speaker 1: What if somebody just wants to write to you check, you gotta take one of that.
Speaker 4: You can take care absolutely, and we'll probably give them a T shirt too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean some people say no to my T shirts.
Speaker 2: Now. I think it's because I've given so many out to them. Probably.
Speaker 3: Yes, we definitely take cash. And I just want to make this point is that you may be listening in your life. Well, all I can give is a dollar, five dollars, ten dollars, that is great.
Speaker 2: Yes, every dollar.
Speaker 3: We received, ninety nine cents of it stays in our community and so no amount is too small or too big, but we are you know, we're really grateful for those those individuals who say, hey, I'm not able to give a huge amount, but here's here's a few bucks, and that that's where it starts, right. We really just want people to know that we are not just grateful for those huge corporations or those individuals that are able to be to provide a big check. We're really grateful for individuals who will decide to give anything or give up their time and their talents.
Speaker 1: So and you know, many times you can do that to your payroll deduction.
Speaker 2: That's what exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's always a great thing too, because a lot of companies will match. You know, that was a big thing that we talked about when we were presenting at Ong. They match, so again, even if you only have twenty dollars or fifty dollars, that gets matched, so your donation gets doubled. So it's really important to ask your company if they will match, because you just never know.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 2: All they can do is I know or yes, oh yeah, yes they do.
Speaker 3: Again, our community is so we're so grateful, I mean, were they're so generous. We're very lucky to live in this wonderful town and area.
Speaker 1: Oh we are. I want to thank you both for coming in. I know you have such busy, busy days and schedules, and I really appreciate the time you carked out for us.
Speaker 3: Well, Tom, it goes without saying that we're really appreciative of you and Bartlesville Radio and the support you give us throughout the year. I almost every time I go somewhere someone says I heard you on the radio, and so that it's I mean, you guys are super generous, and we are.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's a great partnership, and so thank you for allowing us this opportunity just to say a few words about what we are very passionate about, and that's helping others through Bartlesville Regional United Way.
Speaker 1: Bartlesville Regional United Way, we have Lisa Carrie Katie's on with us here today. Thank you ladies,