Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Policy and Rights show. O Gosh welcomer, Policy Human Joys.
Speaker 3: Welcome ack to Policy and Rights Here Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, my clogs and well, a lot going on in the world. Not only should we talk a little bit about what happened in Minneapolis and how well the agents involved shooting. There is no going to be no criminal investigation, There is no going not going to be any since the world sense of the word accountability help for the agent Jonathan who shot Rene Good, that they are that there is a warning issued out there about this situation that is Good actually had got herself put into.
Speaker 2: It was a trap and it is something that.
Speaker 3: Agents are taught literally taught not to do this because it is a trap that ends in the killing of the person that they're just simply maybe trying to question or gain information from. Because of how the whole thing comes about that one the agents, how they how they approached a car with conflicting information, causing a conflict because because the the victim here, Renee, didn't know who to actually whose orders to actually follow, she was totally confused. So her thing, as we saw in the video was to leave. The best thing to do is to is to leave that situation and get to a different situation where there.
Speaker 2: May have been a little more.
Speaker 3: Cohesion, and she's where she could figure out what what is that they were that these agents were asking from her. So that step one is they cause confusion. One of them steps in front of the car and in in in order to give the the vehicle and the driver a direction in which to go to because you're going to try to evade hitting the agent. And with that that it is seen that the agent has now put himself is now being placed in danger and now he has to defend himself from from being harmed. Thus the shooting begins and the person that is caught in the middle in this case Renee Good, is now dead.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some other people are out there are saying that that I guess this is agency terminology for like the FBI or something that they say that they now unlive the person softened the blow of hey, they killed her, and it becomes what could could be seen as a went through this scenario, it can become a just justifiable shooting. But they the agents themselves, clearly cause the situation at hand.
Speaker 2: And leaving.
Speaker 3: Renee no play to go and in the end they shot her and it was all caught on tape and the video recordings out there show how he how he actually may maneuvered a classic These men maneuvered her in a classic way so that they could actually be able to shoot her. Because of the video itself, I think that there should be enough evidence to at least take the gun and badge away from from from this these agents and until a review can happen. But again, the agency themselves and the federal oversight is saying that there is no reason for them to do a review of the situation and they're just stamping it as justifiable. So what can we do as citizens? My suggestion would be to write to Congress and representatives and get those who are in control to force.
Speaker 2: The agency to do a.
Speaker 3: Review and while review, suspend these agents from being able to be on the street in any way, shape or form, and until the a investigation, giving them due process in it uh so that they so that justice can be found for Renee and her family. For all of those celebrities and Quaniti celebrities have jumped in and pitched into help Renee Goods loved ones. That is an unbelievable act of kindness that so many people are jumping in to try to help this family get over.
Speaker 2: When it has happened.
Speaker 3: This is a true tragedy, and this is something that is not actually supposed to happen in.
Speaker 2: America, but nonetheless it actually did happen in the United.
Speaker 4: States in a very prominent city of Minneapolis, and it happened and would would have been a suburban neighborhood.
Speaker 3: In class America. There it is that they shot and killed a woman after causing mass confusion around the whole situation of what they were even doing in the neighborhood. So let's move on and we're going to discuss or we're going to hear from.
Speaker 2: UH NATO as UH. Well, Croatia is.
Speaker 3: Is up on deck with with NATO and in the years that Croatia has actually been a part of NATO, that they have worked with NATO to strengthen their their military and it helped them do things so that two percent of their GDP could be spent on defense and.
Speaker 2: Arming their UH their military.
Speaker 3: With with weapons through NATO itself. Thus, NATO is, NATO and Croatia are stepping up to the plate and talking about Ukraine and how they want to help the Ukrainian people maintain their sovereignty and to stop this war that has been going on for a number of years now between Russia and Ukraine. Now there's some back history to this that if you know anything at all about the back history between Ukraine and Russia, there's always been some sort of tension and it's with the acceptment of the years of the Soviet Union, So the two countries have always been kind of at odds. But recent year events over the past few years, we have seen Vladimir Putin actually physically attack Ukraine and has marched troops across their borders in attempt to gain control of the country. So Croatia is stepping up through NATO wanting to help secure Ukraine so that they can the Ukrainian people can maintain their sovereignty. So we're gonna hear hear from a NATO press conference on exactly that and how NATO is is attempting to help the Ukrainian people get through this time of war. Then we're going to hear from the United Nations with the Unit Nations press update as they're talking about one again Ukraine and to they there's a number of other things that they're going to be talking about in highlighting a papers insight is security in twenty twenty five, particularly regarding meetings and other activities including missions to the field and agenda items and topics that they're going to be talking about. That some new tools that that the UN Security Council is put in place for those who want to actually know more about what the Security Council is actually doing to help us live in a better world. And I said, UH, A lot of the focus UH is of course going to be on Ukraine and coordination of humanitarian affairs. They said over the week UH weekend and the early hours of Monday, UH, several servilles were killed and injured in the capital Kiev, uh In, in the turn of Dundas and Kirsen Kiev Odessa. And this is according to the authorities. To health workers were reportedly injured when their ambulance came under attack while on a call to in a border community. The thing of this is is attacking an ambulance that that is a vehicle that is off limits for military strikes because they're offering assistance and humanitarian aid to whoever the injured are. It isn't simply that oh, we're only going to pick up Ukrainian people and leave the Russian people who are who are injured on the ground behind. They actually will pick up all of the injured ends. And the hospitals have a directive directive a directive. It is an international thing to try to save all lives. It doesn't matter that some of those lives may be those of the quote unquote enemy. That the directive is to protect all lives and to save all lives that that ambulance would have picked up. So to open fire on the ambulance is a definite no go you we we won't. We just can't allow that, and yet it happens. So finally, our last recording, we're well, this particular show is about human rights and and of course government, and it's always going to be about that, but we're also trying to introduce something new, and that new thing would be uh, trying to introduce things about well, human kindness. We hear in in our news reports so much about the the violence, but just some simple acts of human kindness, and which you're gonna gonna be hearing in this particular act of kindness is that a gentleman just simply steps up and pays for another person's another lady's groceries, just simply because he can do that. It's a pay it forward sort of thing. And uh so, why don't we watch or if you're listening at the end of all of the commentary and the interviews, if you're listening to the the audio podcast version of this, you're gonna hear it. Hear that at at the very end of all of the other recordings, and just something to breaden up the mood and so that we know that there really is human kindness out there and there are so many people just trying to spread love around our planet. So why don't we get started with with recordings to him. We're going to hear from NATO and then from the United Nations. If you're listening to the podcasts, and if you're watching this on YouTube, you're going to see the act of human kindness.
Speaker 1: Next, ladies and gentlemen, Prime Minister Granko, which has met with mister Marcutter, Secretary General of DONATO, who is visiting Croatia. Following the meeting, which addressed the key security challenges strengthening European fans and the modernization of Croatian army. We are now having a press statement, so Prime Minister playing co which deploy is yours, Thank you, Good afternoon everyone. Once again warm welcome to my friend Mark Rutte, Secretary General of the NATO and the former Dutch Prime minister. He visited us two years ago that he was in a different position, and very happy to say to see him for the first time in Croatia at the Ester General. At the moment when the world and Europe are facing very demanding and challenging circumstances, this global insecurity is here. We are still witnessing brutal aggression of Russia against Ukraine in terms of complying with the International Blue and there are several other areas which are critical and it deserves our full attention, involvement and vigilance. So today's the meeting was an opportunity to inform General Secretary General with the activities that the Creation government has undertaken in order to meet the taken over obligations, obligations that have been taken over in the past several years. First of all to reach two percent of the GDP as defence spending and related activities which according to the NATO criteria are included in these expenses. I would like to thank to Minister anashitch Here and Minister girlich R Radman who have taken part in meetings. Thank you to the Chief of the General Staff General Quantity, thank you for all the information that you have contributed. Twenty twenty five ended in with two point eight percent of defense spending. In twenty twenty five. It was above the Ministry of Defense a budget which exceeds billion and a half so in total billion and nine hundred thousand million budget which meets the criteria when it comes to the percentage related to modernization, so it is a minimum of twenty percent. Croatia is now almost at thirty four percent. We are particularly happy to say that these activities have been complemented with the purchase of new modern technologies such as Caesar self propelled and Leopard two eight of German and other equipment. Croatia in that regard has been using new instruments for defense, such as the safe instrument. We took one point seven billion euro loans to finance defense expenses in the years to come. Very importantly, Croatia is a responsible and serious member of the Alliance since two thousand and nine, and our forces participate in five missions with two hundred and seventy members of our army. We have been present in Koso for years, in Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, and around ninety Croatian troops will be sent to Lithuania and smaller but significant symbolic presence in NATO's mission in Iraq. Today we also talked about our contribution to Ukraine, a friendly country, a victim of Russian aggression. Croatian government has in the past several years contributed with fifteen packages of military assistance, the last one in the last week's government session with decision was made, and we also contributed in the prioritized Ukraine requirement least the so called pearl that NATO is controlling and coordinating in order to acquire weapons that is only produced in the United States. And thus we have also contributed and helped Ukraine in its efforts to defend its freedom. Ukraine is not defending only its freedom, it is defending Europe's typocracy and freedom, and that's why the consequences of Russian and aggression have become more than evident in the entire continent. In Croatia energy situation, we have had energy crisis, economic pressure, social and invantory pressures. All this was and has been connected to the wider destabilization that we have gone through in the past period. We have also announced then in twenty twenty seven in spring, Croatia would host an informal meeting of a NATO Foreign Ministers and we want our participation as a country that is not that large in size, but we are serious responsible, a reliable partner in Ali that we have been so far. So today's visit of the Secretary General is very important and I'm happy to say that in the morning we went to a pleaso. The General Secretary had an opportunity to see croat combat aircraft Rafala, a black Hawk, helicopters and also unmanned aircraft by Raktar. The Secretary General got an insight into a very serious system and the process of replacing Eastern military technology with the Western one, the process that we have been undertaking for the past decade, and today we see that this system has serious capacities and capabilities which are compatible with our allies. And all of this has strengthened creation defense and its capabilities in the long term, and I also look forward to our afternoon. We will have a meeting with the Creation Defense Industry Cluster. Thank you, Minister of Defense. You have invited it practically all producers of all military equipment manufactured in Croatia, so that Secretary General can get an insight into what this part of our economy is doing. And it is doing very well. It is expert oriented. Of course. We also addressed a number of security challenges that relate to global environment, our region, and we have also talked about the situation post the Coalition of the Willing Paris meeting, and we will continue to talk about this after our lunch. Once again, Mark, welcome and I'm happy to see you here in Zagreb.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much, Prime Minister Blankovich, the Andrei that you also acknowledge the presence.
Speaker 6: Of the two ministers.
Speaker 5: Good that you're here in the Chief of Defense, and thank you for hosting me here in beautiful Saca.
Speaker 6: It's always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 5: Since joining the Alliance in two thousand and nine, the Croatia has been a valued member of NATO. It contributes significantly to our collective security, not only all our eastern flank and in the Western Balkans, but of course the entire alliance. Just before the holidays, I met Croatian troops in Poland as part of NATO's Forward Land Forces in Baymo Wopitski, and I was inspiring to meet so many servicemen and women spending Christmas away from their families standing words.
Speaker 6: Keeping us all safe.
Speaker 5: Croatia also contributes personnel to our forward land forces in Bulgaria and Hungary, and I'll welcome your efforts to modernize the capabilities of the Croatian armed forces and the way Croatia's defense industry indeed is stepping up, particularly in driving innovation in the field of uncowed systems. I'm looking forward to the meeting. You already announced it this afternoon with representatives on the defense industry, and I was really impressed this morning to see how you have revamped Croatia's air force in just a couple of years. You are already spending more than two percent of GDP on defense and are working to reach the five percent benchmark by twenty thirty five, as All Allies agreed at a summit in the Hague, and they also welcome that as of the first of January this year, the Croatian Air Force officially assumed full responsibility for protecting Croatian airspace.
Speaker 6: Croatia is also making good.
Speaker 5: On the commitment allies made to sustain our unwavering support for Ukraine. Since the start of Russia has full scale invasion in twenty twenty two, Croatia has been a strong and reliable supporter of Ukraine. In addition to your recent fifty million euro contribution to indeed you already mentioned it he prioritized Ukraine requirement list Burl, Croatia has provided now over three hundred million euros in military eight Since twenty twenty two. You have supplied helicopters, transport aircraft, artillery system, ammunition, protective equipment and much more. Russia's brutal warre of aggression continues, and we saw just last week the use of the Rashnik missile on Leviv and continued attacks on civilian and energy infrastructure. Russia is trying to deter us from supporting Ukraine, but we will not be deterred. As Ukraine faces immense pleasure during the harsh winter, your support and the support of all NATO allies is more important than ever, Ukraine security is our security and on your leadership, Prime Minister Plankovich, Croatia has truly been a vital partner to our Ukrainian friends. Croatia also plays an important role in sustaining stability in the Western Balkans. You are a long standing contributor to KF With more than a halfdre and fifty troops on the ground in Kosovo, the Western Balkans remain high on Nature's agenda and our commitment to the regions that bbility iste fast. With your support, we will not allow a security evacive them to emerge, and NATO will continue to strengthen political dialogue and practical corporation across the region. Prime Minister Plankovic de Andre, thank you for your warm hospitality and again for croatia stead fast support to our alliance and everything we collectively stand for.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Zachal, thank you, Thank you, Prime Minister, Thank you, Secretary General. We have time for questions. Please respect time. We have time for only a few questions. Yes, Mina Kuzmanovich, Hello, question for Secretary General.
Speaker 7: H Good afternoon. So a group of European countries, led by the UK and Germany are apparently planning to increase actually to have some military presence on the Arctic, on Greenland. Could you tell us more about these plants? Would it be like the Baltic century of the last year initiative of how did it look and how far the plants have gone?
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for that question.
Speaker 5: And let me first of all stress that all allies agree on the importance of your Arctic and Arctic security, because we know that with sea lanes opening up there is a risk that Russians and the Chinese will be more active. And as you know, there are eight Arctic countries. Seven are within NATO, including the United States and Canada, and five countries in Europe including Denmark through Greenland and Iceland and Norway Fielands in Sweden. And then there's one Arctic country outside NATO, and that is Russia. But you could also argue that by now China has almost become a sort of Arctic country, and not geographically, but at least by the share amount of their activities and interest in the regions. So that has led this year, sorry last year already to some debates, very successful concluded debates in NATO on how as an alliance together with our seven Arctic allies, we have to work together to make sure that the Arctics stays safe, and currently we are discussing the next step to that, how to make sure that we give practical follow upon those discussions to make sure that as an alliance we do everything collectively and through our individual allies to make sure that the Arctic stays safe, as we all agree that that has to be a priority.
Speaker 1: Hi, I also a question for you, Secretory General.
Speaker 8: My name is Anabela Aikov from the Creation Radio, and you have repeatedly stated that Russia is the main threat to NATO and to Europe. Of course, understandably, we all understand why what is your comment approximation on the latest statements from Donald Trump who said that if necessary, he will take military action on Greenland and I'm just going to read it. Commissioner Quibilius from European Commission has said the team members are obliged to come to Denmark's assistance under EU treaty if for if faced the military aggression. And as we know, twenty three countries of you also members of NATO, the Blankovich, including Croatia.
Speaker 9: Yes, there's ony Plank concilways to Vash Commander Monument.
Speaker 5: Yes, well on that question, and there's a little bit I think repeating my previous reaction. Well, thank you very much for that for that important question. And I think what is at core here and to the course this question, is that we all make that same analysis and there is no debate or discussion about that. The analysis is sound and it is there that well, it comes behind north the article region. I was myself visiting Iceland only I think six or eight weeks ago, and we also extensively discussed this, and I was in Norway and visiting all our allies, discussing with the US and with Canada. I was with the Prime Minister Canyon last week in Paris discussing the importance of the Arctics so collectively as an alliance and particularly of course the seven countries who are bordering on the region. We do make this analysis that the collective defense is crucial. We all see that through changes in veteran patrons, that sea lanes are opening up and we have to make sure that we do everything to protect that region. It is a vital part of natal territory and that's exactly why we're in the past, NATO was not so much involved when it came to the Arctic. That since twenty twenty five, on the request by these seven High North allies who are bordering on the Arctic, that NATO has become more involved has led to a few, as I said, very successful discussions within the nature a NATO alliance. With our ambassadors in Brussels and our ministers, we discussed this importance and currently we are working on the next steps to make sure that indeed we collectively protect what is mistake.
Speaker 1: Here allow me to add a few words related to Greenland, Denmark and the signals that have been coming from the US administration. We have been communicating with the Danish government with Prime Minister Fredrickson. We were in Paris together last week and this week, according to announcement, there will be a meeting with the State Secretary Rubio. The message of all allies and all EU members is that allies have to respect each other, including the US as the large a NATO member. It is obvious what the Secretary General said that there is some concern for the area of Arctic, which includes Greenland. But I am confident that with discussion we can find the solution that will ensure security for the US and it will make sure that Greenland is a part of Denmark. Although it's not in the EU, but it is clear that it is within the authority of Denmark. That's why a high quality dialogue is necessary and it can definitely resolve the situation for the benefit of the global security.
Speaker 10: Markov each creation television for a Secretary General. So the new Peace Plan for Ukraine, the twenty point a peace Plan mentions security guarantees similar to Article five from NATAL. So my question is if those guarantees resemble Article five, why not give Ukraine the real deal, the real Article five and NATAL membership are the doors of NATO closed for Ukraine And as a premier Plankovica Stovikajh and a testic woman's negaranzie treble Ukraine Natal.
Speaker 5: When it comes to NATAL membership of Ukraine, there was a summat in Washington and twenty twenty four US was very clear and restated in the specific words of that summat statement the irreversible path of Ukraine into NATO. So that's a political commitment in twenty twenty four and that still stands. At the same time, we know that several allies, including Hungary in the United States and some others, are either against or very doubtful about full NATO membership for Ukraine. That is a given, that is a fact. And at the moment we have to deal with a situation in Ukraine between Ukraine and Russia, particularly since the brutal unprofoerked onslaught of Russia against you Grane starting in February twenty two. And what is being discussed now with the United States, with all NATO allies within the Coalition of the Willing led by and originally organized and that by the French and the Bridge is how after a full peace deal, slash a long term ceasefire, how to make sure that Russia will never ever attack again. And if it is then not NATO, what then? And that's exactly the debate which is now currently taking place the US is very important here. Steve Whitkoff and Geared Kushner are playing a very positive role here together as micro Rubio. Another guidance of President Trump who has broken the deadlock with put In by starting to dialogue with him. And he had to do it. He was the only one who could do this, and it was very happy he did. Starting in February last year and last week in Paris and we were both there. I think we made big progress on nailing as much as possible what those security to guarantee will be in three levels. Level one being the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Level of two a coalition of the willing organizing itself in such a way that it will help to build up the Ukrainian armed forces, but also functioning clearly collectively as in addition to the Ukrainian armed forces protecting at least preventing the Russians from getting into a position where they want to attack again, but also the US being heavily involved in various ways as we discussed like last week compared so we have these three layers that was very successful that's now being finalized, next to everything which is needed when it comes to the reconstruction of Ukraine. And obviously that still leaves the very sensitive issue of territory fair sense of view. In the end, it has to be the Ukrainian government taking the decisions on what they want to do, yes or no when it comes to territory, but they need to know that whenever that moment comes when they have to be signed on territory that they have to full backing not only of their own armed forces, but also of this Coalation of the Willing the United States to collectively make sure that indeed the Russians will not repeat what they did after twenty fourteen twenty fifteen with the Menisk agreement, which is attacking Ukraine again.
Speaker 6: Welcome home with other tip.
Speaker 1: Allow me to add a few words. This is a relevant topic and I myself participated in the Coalition of the Willing meeting in Paris. Allow me to explain what the position of Croatia is and what is really happening. So the United States have a strong desire to create preconditions for peace. This is the key message of President Trump and his administration, and it is a more than welcome message. It has been welcomed by everyone. In order to secure the peace, the other side has to agree to this piece, in this case Russia. Russia as the aggressor on the Ukrainian territory for the past four years. Now right now, the problem is the fact that Russia first wants to agree and then cease fire. Coalition of the Willing discussed in Paris proposed first ceasefire as the first step and then Peace Agreement as the following steps. We believe that on the basis of Croatian specific experience, Ukraine should never give up on its territory of the occupied territory. This is a topic that is very important because this would be a reward for the aggressor or it would be a concession that would be impossible to defend internally. So it is a very complex issue of giving up territory, and that's why international Peace Agreement it is quite demanding. Russia does not want to see things as they are today. Russia wants to re establish relations with the United States. It is the main goal, so Ukraine is just an instrument in how to achieve its goal. Then Russia wants to see the removal of the sanction and thirdly, Russia wants rehabilitation on the international scene. And these are the parallel processes which we see happening right now. Croatia's position is clear. We have said many times that the government is clear about how to participate in Ukrainian territory. When it comes to Croatian troops, it is not an option for us to participate to be there on the grounds, but like other members of the Coalition of the willing. We will find ways to help Ukraine as we have been helping so far, either terms of political support energy support. So last week the government agreed with the Creation Power Supply to have a part of our energy infrastructure which is not used, is donated to Ukraine. And the large chunk of Ukrainian infrastructure has been targeted in winter time and it was destroyed. Today people are living on minus twenty celsius degrees and they have no possibility to have the system functioning. Their experts recognize that our technology is compatible and that's why we decided to donate some of our technology that we are not using to Ukraine. And we also plan to continue with bilateral military aid packages because only strong Ukrainian army can in future prevent a new aggression on its territory. In twenty fourteen there was first aggression and then twenty two the second one in Ukraine and of course for Ukrainian people, the Memorandum of Budapest more than thirty years ago, they agreed to remove arsenal from its territory so that large powers can guarantee security. Unfortunately, this has not been maintained for two and a half decades later. So that's why the entire perspective with security guarantees that are similar to Article five are very important. Right now, we don't have a consensus of allies about Ukraine membership, and this decision has to be unanimous. If some members disagree, then we do not have anything to talk about here. That's why we have other options providing security supports to Ukraine in these difficult times. The question four years ago a drone was shut down in zagre Bet went through three NATAL members. What is the level of security of NATO airspace?
Speaker 6: Well, that's a very good question.
Speaker 5: And by the way, let me first of all command Equatia for now taking over the control of his own airspace with the latest investments, and I was really impressed this morning to see with my own eyes the people operating that system, and of course the gar you have bought from the French and from the Turkey and from the US.
Speaker 6: To indeed for you to be able to control.
Speaker 5: The equation airspect but also to provide your help and when necessary in your support to other natural allies ever necessary, and where you can do that. When it comes to drones, we have seen, of course drone incursions last year in September in Poland, we have seen myth entering the airspace of Estonia a couple of weeks later in September, and whatever exactly it wasn't intentional or not, at least it was reckless.
Speaker 6: And this is too.
Speaker 5: Reason why our new relatively new he started in July but still relatively new, Supreme Alot Commander Alexis Krinkovich, the general who is now leading NATO's military site, has decided to start with full support of the rest of NATO and all the allies. Eastern Century and Eastern Center is making sure that we bring together when it comes to for example, drones and airspace incursions and protecting Allied territory brings together all our allies, all our capabilities from the Black Sea up to the High North, to make sure, mirroring what we have done with Baltic Century, making sure that we are much more effective to control our space, to protect our territory on land, c and air, but also to become better and better and better in implementing the latest drone technologies we are learning here. By the way, from Ukraine, we have a joint NATO Ukraine Activity Center in Poland JTECH where we analyze and train when it comes to all the insights from the war in Ukraine. And unfortunately, of course this is taking place in Ukraine, but Ukraine is.
Speaker 6: Helping us to learn.
Speaker 5: When in Copenhagen in October there were two big meetings taking place, the European Council informal and the European Political Community, and there were big worries about drones over Copenhagen. It was Ukraine, with support from Allies and NATO to help Denmark to be better in terms of understanding and also offending off these threats. So here we are learning from Ukraine, working with Ukraine also to become better ourselves when it comes to drones. And I was really impressed this morning when I saw what you were buying from Tchi in terms of technology, and of course you have your own when it comes to drones, your own industry here in Cuatia, which is recommendable, declared just a.
Speaker 1: Few words several years ago in twenty twenty two years a drone sell in Croatia. Right now we have a foul, We have a foul aircrafts which did not have mega aircrafts at that time. But now we have the reaction a fifteen minute reaction time of any kind of intelligence. So the entire cooperation that is on the natal level has been raised to a higher level, which means that the countries that any such drone might come from, their readiness is also much higher. So the recognition of the threats is at the much higher level. So with our European system which is in the new investment phase and increasing the capabilities and capacity, in a much better position now than four years ago. Do we know where did this drone come from? The one that fell four years ago in Croatia? Do you know where this drone came from?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: We have information it came from Ukrainian territory and it flew over Hungary. We said it many times at that time. Hungarian services did not see it, did not identify it, and that's why we did not expect this drone in creation space.
Speaker 11: Last question, if I just made briefly follow up on my colleagues question, where exactly from in Ukraine and who was the one who shut the project? Do we know that? No, we don't want that, as my question goes to Secretarial General. But of course Prime Ministery, you are more than welcome to offer your perspective. Secretary General Ken, you recall a larger internal crisis that NATO has faced than the one the Alliance is facing now with Donald Trump saying we should go to Greenland and you know, take it or do you even see that as an internal crisis or is it not a crisis at all? And is the best way of communicating with mister Trump and trying to maybe smooth relationship is the way that you have been using communications so far, which was basically flooding him with compliments and calling him that thank you.
Speaker 5: If you start with challenge you a bit on the second part of your question. What I always do is when people are helpful for the Alliance and are doing good stuff. And I believe that Donald Trump is doing the right things for nature by encouraging us all to spend more to equalize this what the US is spending. We had a very successful summat in the Ach where we decided on the five percent defense spending, including three point five percent on core defense. I'm absolutely convinced without Donald Trump we would never have had that result at the summat in the Ache. We have now the hole of the Alliance on this famous two percent which we announced in twenty fourteen in Wills. I'm absolutely convinced without Donald Trump, we would not have the whole alliance at this moment on the two percent and now working towards the three point five percent. Incredible steps. So when I praise somebody, it is based on facts, and I believe the facts are there. We might disagree, but that is how I see this. As naty secondary general, this is my role to make sure that the whole of the alliance is as secure and safe as possible. And I have a lot of fact that our colleagues who are bordering on the Arctic have come together, have worked together, and have decided to get NATO more and more involved. This was the discussion in Brussels. I refer to in answering a few previous questions earlier last year in September and other moments last year, and the discuss the High North, and we are now building on that. You've seen some announcements by the Bridge in the Germans today. We are working now together to see how we can basically together as an alliance, including our seven members, our allies bordering on the High Norse on the Arctic, to work together to indeed build that next step, which is crucial that the United States, that's Canada, that's Iceland, Denmark and the other European countries boarding on the high nurse all seven, but of course with the whole of the alliance. By the way, as we speak, we see Denmark at the moment already speeding up their investments when it comes to defense, not only generally, but also when it comes to unique capabilities to revent territories like Greenland. So they're buying more thirty five, They're working on air to air refuel they have both the cph bowings, the long range drones. Billions invested there in American equipment necessary to defend Denmark, NATO, but also charities like Greena. So we are really working together here. And my only worry is how do we stay safe against the Russians, against any other adversary. Look at what China is doing in rapidly building up its own armed forces, but also North Koreans and others who might wish us ilk not well at least, and therefore that's my role, and I think we will get there. I know not at all, and I think we are really working in a right direction.
Speaker 6: To assume.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we are responsible NATO member, and we are very serious in taking all the commitments and meeting the commitments. Politically, we have already already commented on your question. So such a huge transformation that we are seeing is a step forward in terms of spending for defense. And this was unthinkable couple of years ago. A couple of years ago, some NATO members never imagined spending more than two percent. And now the situation is different because the circumstances have changed in the past several years, and we were complacent, too complacent, and we had to snap out of it. Today we have to rely on our own forces. We need to be interoperable. We need to create conditions with our allies to make sure that those who want to destabilize the world have the smallest possible maneuvering space.
Speaker 12: Thank you, excellencies, distinguish colleagues. On behalf of it Indonesia, I am deeply honored and grateful for the trust placed in me as the twentieth President of the Human Rights Council, which I take up both with pride and with humility. My sincere appreciation goes first to day Ja Pacific Group to which Indonesia belongs for its nomination and to the Council as a whole for its endorsement this morning. Indonesia has been a strong supporter of the Human Rights Council since its inception and prior to that of the Human Rights Commission. We have served multiple times as member and have consistently sought to act in a constructive manner and a bridge builder. Our decision to step forward is rooted in our nineteen forty five constitution and that aligns with the purposes and principles of the UVENT Charter, which mandates Indonesia to contribute to world peace based on independence, peace and social justice. This mandate was also reaffirmed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, President Bravo Subianto at the blenary of the Atis Session of the UNNGA, stating, we must stand for multilateral order where peace, prosperity and progress are not the privilege of a few, but the right of all Excellencies, distinguish colleagues. I'm committed to carrying out this responsibility in full respect of the principles and integrity of the Council. As we mark the Council's twentieth anniversary, I reflected on its history as an important guide for charting our path forward.
Speaker 13: From the Council's establishment.
Speaker 12: Despite differing views, member states set aside divisions in recognition of the Council's promise to promote universal respect for the protection of all human rights. Important achievements have since been made. Not least is the Council's ability to deliberate and emerge united while breaching differences. We believe in all. We believe in and are fully committed to, like all all of you, Human Rights Council members to the core principles of universality, objectivity, and non selectivity in the consideration of human rights issues, treating all human rights, including the rights of development, in a fair and equal manner. Excellencies distinguish colleagues. Guided by the theme of Presidency for All, I will engage closely with all Member States, observers non member states, specialized institutions, national human rights institutions, civil society organizations, and regional organizations, recognizing their vital role in the human rights architecture. I wish to express my appreciation to my predecessor, Ambassador k. Lober, for his leadership. I intend to build upon his efforts, including an advancing rationalization and efficiency. I will strive to foster a respectful and inclusive space for all stakeholders, ensuring accessibility, prevention of discrimination, promotion of gender equality, and participation of LDCs and sids. As I conclude, let me raiterate my commitment to working closely with all of you, and I count on your continued cooperation and support as we together chart the way I had Thank you.
Speaker 13: We can just declare it to be Friday. Yeah, I think you wish more. We all wish just a little. I wanted to fly a little healthful tool that are esteem colleagues in the Security Council branch. Released on Friday and it's the twenty twenty five Highlights of Security Council Practice. The website features insights in the work of the Council in twenty twenty five. Lots of data, lots of cool graphics. It looks at the meetings, other activities on the agenda item and the work of the subsidiary bodies. A lot of data for all you Security Council officionados. Once the tenor is starting to sing, can't sit down this speaking of Security Council. At three pm this afternoon, there will be a Security Council meeting on a maintenance in Peace and Security and that will focus on Ukraine. Our Undersecretary General for Political and Peace Building Affairs, Rosemary de Carlo, will brief Council members. She is expected to underscore that the new year has brought no peace or even respite for Ukraine, but renewed fighting and devastation. Mister Carlo is expected to note the recent use of the so called her Ourashnik missile, the second time the potentially devastating weapon has been fired at Ukraine since twenty twenty four. Also briefing will be ramash Raja Singham from the Department of Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. He is expected to warn Council members about the impacts of the attacks on civilians, especially the strikes that impact energy facilities, cutting off power and heating for people enduring freezing temperatures in the midst of winter in Ukraine and on the ground. Our humanitarian colleagues tell us that over the weekend in the early hours of today, several civilians were killed and injured in the Ukrainian capital Kiev, as well as the air regions are Chernihev, Donets, Denipro, Kharkiv, Kherson, Kiev, Odisa, Odessa and Japparitza. This is what local authorities are telling our colleagues on the ground. Two health workers were reportedly injured in Chernihev region when their ambulance came under attack while on a call in a border community. As the weather conditions deteriorate, hundreds of thousands of households were left without electricity and heating across Ukraine, leaving entire communities without electricity heating with overnight temperatures down to nearly minus twenty degrees centigrade, and in Kiev, repairs are continuing to try to restore critical electricity and heating services to all those who need it. The water supply has been fully restored, while thousand multi story apartment blocks have been without heating since January ninth, and parts of the city have electricity only for several hours per day. That's what the authorities are telling us. Complementing the work of utility companies and national rescuers, AID workers provided hot meals, water and psychological support, and also deployed mobile warming centers where impacted people can warm up, charge their devices and receive essentral support. Turning to the front line areas on January ninth, and interagency convoy delivered medicine, hygiene shelter and solo lamps to Sciatorisk excuse Me community, one of the hardest hits in the Donets region, where humanitarian access remains limited due to the ongoing security concerns. And tomorrow we along with our humanitarian partners, will launcher prioritized humanitarian needs and Response Plan for twenty twenty six and that plan will call for continued solidarity with the most impacted and vulnerable people in Ukraine. UH you will have seen because you're reported on it that yesterday we issued a statement on Iran in which the Secretary General said he was shocked by the reports of violence and excessive use of force by the Iranian authorities against protesters in multiple locations across the Islamic Republic of Iran. This resulted in scores of debts and many more injuries to protesters. All Iranians must be able to express their grievances peacefully and without fear of repression. The rights to freedom of expression, freedom of association, and freedom of peaceful assembly, as enshrined in international law, must be respected and fully protected. The Secretary General Jersey Iranian authorities to exercise maximum restraint and to refrain from unnecessary or disproportionate use of force. He further urges steps to enable access to information in the country, including restoring communications links. You have been asking me a number of you about Sudan and notably the activities of the Secretary General's Personal Envoy, RAMTM Lamamra. I can tell you that mister Lamamare is currently in Cairo until January fifteenth, and that is to attend the fifth Sudan Consultative Group Meeting which is being hosted by Egypt. The meeting will provide an opportunity for renewed and coordinated international engagements to advance peacemaking efforts in Sudan. On the margins of the meeting, mister Lamamra will engage with key regional and international partners. We continue to work closely with all of these partners to support a coordinated approach to ending the conflict in Sudan. And on the ground, things are not getting better or Humanitarian colleagues warned that escalating insecurity in the Cortifon region is placing civilians under increasing strain, disrupting health services and triggering a new wave of displacements in the city of dilling in South Courtifon. State of Medical Association Sudan tells us that three major hospitals are now out of service amidst ongoing shelling and that four doctors have reportedly been killed. Continued insecurity and siegely conditions have severely restricted access to life saving assistance for civilians trapped in that city. We once again call on all parties to immediately stop attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure. We call on them to respect international humanitarian law, and we call on them to ensure rapids safe and unhindered and sustained humanitarian access anywhere in Sudan to all those who need it and a lot needed. Violence continues to force families to fly. The International Organization for Migration is telling us that more than two thy two hundred people were displaced last week from the locality of Abbessia in the state capital Kadougli, and that's all in South Cordafon State. These people were moving towards White Nile State. Local partners further indicate that families displaced from North Cordafon State continues to arrive in Gadarif, in Khartoum and Rivernile State. These areas hosting the displaced families or reaching a breaking point Last week are Colleague Denise Brown, who as you know, is our humanitarian Resident Coordinator in Sudan, led an assessment mission to Alafat Camp in Northern State, where authorities report that the camp has reached its full capacity of three thousand households. Between sixty and eighty new families continued to arrive at the camp each day, and they arrive from Darfur and the Cordafon regions. Conditions in the camp, as you can imagine, are harsh. Sanitation capacities severely limited, with only about one hundred latrines available against an estimated need of eight hundred of these latrines. Local authorities further report that nearly eighty thousand displaced families have now hosted across Northern State, placing severe strain on food, health, water, education and sanitation services and exposing women, children and older people and persons with disabilities to heighten risk. OCHA urgently appeals for additional funding so our humanitarian partners can scale up life saving assistance and help avert an even deeper humanitarian catastrophe across Sudan in twenty twenty six. Our partners hope to help about twenty million people through the two point nine billion dollar Humanitarian Needs Fund and Response Plan. A quick update on the travels of our friend Jean Pierre Lacuad, the head of our Peace Operations Department. As you know, he's in the Middle East. He is today in Jordan. In Aman. He met there with jordinating authorities and discussed peacekeeping related issues, including the obviously the regional situation. Prior to being in Jordan, he concluded a visit to the Golan where he met members of the UN Disengagement Force to patrol the Golan and he was also briefed on the situation on the ground and the operational priorities of the force. Mister Laque also exchanged views with community members in Kunetra on how the UN mission can continue to support them in these very challenging times for civilians there. During his stop in Damascus, he met with Syrian authorities and reaffirmed the UN Peacekeeper's commitment to continuing to carry out their important mandate. Mister Lacroix is also going to Israel, where he will visit the headquarters of UNSO, the UN Truce and Supervision Organization, and I assume he will have other meetings. And in terms of Syria itself, You've been asking me, and I think it was you Edie, about our engagement in response in Aleppo, and I can confirm that we continue to follow the situation closely and remain engaged with all relevant parties. We are aware of the reports of casualties and injuries and underscore once again the imperative for protecting civilians as well as the infrastructure that they use. As of yesterday, our partners tell us that approximately one hundred and nineteen thousand people have been displayed since renewed hostilities in Aleppo City. UNHDR other partners on the ground are providing assistance to displace families in temporary shelters and host communities. Support includes the distribution of blankets, mattresses, and much needed winter clothing. We urge all parties to ensure the safety and the protection of civilians amidst the ongoing hostilities that we're seeing in Aleppo. Immediate measures are needed to prevent harm, guarantees safe passage for those fleeing, and uphold humanitarian principles and turning to Gaza. Our humanitarian colleagues tell us that the humanitarian situation they're mains dire as harsh weather conditions are jeopardizing the progress made by the humanitarian response to help address the immense shelter needs. During the past week, our partners delivered the supplies to twenty eight thousand families, including sixteen hundred tenths, sixteen thousand tarpaulins and twenty seven thousand blankets. They warned, however, that one point one million people still urgently need help as rainstorms continue to damage and destroy many existing shelters. Our partners stress that tents remain a temporary solution and more supplies are needed, including toolkits, ce meant and heavy machinery to clear debris, as well as sustained funding to transition from emergency to early recovery efforts. Children continued to be severely affected by the cold temperatures and the harsh weather since the start of the ceasefire in this year's end. At the end of this year, our partners were able to distribute more than three hundred and ten thousand children winters, clothing sets, and more than one hundred and twelve thousand pairs of shoes. As part of the winterization efforts. They also instilled one hundred and fifty specialized tents across Galza to be used as child friendly and safe spaces. Meanwhile, a partner's leading on addressing malnutrition and report that last month they screened seventy six thousand children and identified about four nine hundred cases of acute malnutrition, including more than eight hundred and twenty cases of severe acute malnutrition. This brings a total number of acute malnutrition cases identified in twenty twenty five totally nearly ninety five thousand. Our education partners continue to expand their presence, with eighteen additional temporary learning spaces opening their doors last week to about thirty five thousand students. The total number of operational temporary learning spaces is now four hundred and forty accommodated about two hundred and sixty eight thousand children. Our partners said that education supplies continued to be denied entry by the Israeli authorities on the grounds that education is not a critical activity during the first phase of the ceasefire. We do not believe We do believe that it is critical activity. OCHA continues to call for rapids, sustain and unimpeded access to allow ourselves and our partners to scale up assistance faster to prevent further deterioration and alleviate the suffering of people in Gaza. Quick update from Venezuela where a shipment of about forty metric tons of medical cargo arrived in Venezuela from the Government of Brazil or colleagues from the Pan American Health Organization which is you know as the Regional arm of who say. The delivery, which arrived late Friday, include a central medicine and dialysis material needed to maintain treatment for patients who need it. It's the first installment of a package totaling three up to three hundred metric tons, coordinated with Venezuela and health authorities. This follows the events on January third, when a warehouse used to store renal treatment stock was destroyed. The facility had held roughly three months worth of material for eight thousand patients, which is the equivalent of about one hundred thousand dialysis sessions per month. PAHO says in Venezuel's thank Brazilford support and indicated that the arrival of the shipment will help prevent treatment interruptions and while longer term replenishments planning continues, just want to note that today and Kenya. On his first official visit as the High Commissioner for Refugees, Baham Sale called for stronger global support to develop the solutions refugees need to rebuild their lives. Speaking in Nairobi after visiting Kakuma Municipality in northern Kenya, the High Commissioner acknowledged Kenya's decades long generosity in hosting refugees and far sighted policies that allow refugees to work and access health care and education, as well as financial services. Last year, less than a quarter of unhdr's base budget for Kenya was funded. Mister Sally warned that the funding crisis is threatening lives and risks reversing the hard won progress made quick note from our peace building colleagues. As part of the Secretariat's current efforts on efficiencies, a unified peace Building Peace Support Office under the Department Political and Peace Building Affairs and Peace Operations has been established and is operational as of today. The Peace Building and Peace Support Office, which the Secretary General said would be a center of excellence on prevention, peace building and peace support will ensure that security gains are reinforced by institutions and development. The General Assembly endorsed the proposal to integrate dppa's Peace Building Support Office with three offices from the former Office of Rule of Law Security Institutions under the Department Peace Operations. More information should you want it. New Resident coordinated to announce, our colleague, Vladanka Andreva of North Macedonia assumed her role as you and Resident Coordinator in Cambodia following the agreement from the government. She brings over twenty five years of experience in international development, humanitarian coordination, strategic advocacy and many other things. She was most recently the Humanitarian Coordinator in Azerbaijan, and we congratulate her on her new post. Finally, some cash is coming in, not to you, to me, I guess in a certain way. As you know, at the beginning of every year, the Secretary General sends out assessment letters to member states to remind them that they have dues to pay and they should pay them on time. And we're very happy to report that nine countries have made it to the honor roll for twenty twenty six. To be on this year's honor roll, member states must make their full contributions to the regular budget by February eighth, twenty twenty six. So I know all the permanent missions that are watching or taking their checkbooks out. Needless to say that give in the current financial situations, we strongly encourage all Member states to pay their full assessments in full and on time. And the top of the honorall today goes to Armenia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Dominican Republic, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Poland, Portugal and Ukraine. Congratulations to them for having reached for their wallets immediately. And I think that's it, Eadie.
Speaker 14: Thank you Steph. A couple of follow ups on Iran. First, has the Secretary General been talking to anyone in the senior leadership of Iran?
Speaker 13: No, he has not. As you know, communications are quite challenging. Now, as soon as I have something to report, I will share that with you.
Speaker 14: Does the United Nations have Steph in Iran? And if so, what's their status.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we have a country team. They are I think some of them are working from home, but everyone is safe and accounted for.
Speaker 14: And on a completely different subject, has the United States received any official notification from the United States about the withdrawals?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: Deji.
Speaker 15: Then Gabriel I follow up on EDI's question, since it's a little bit difficult for Secretary General to contact anybody so far with the high ranking Iranian officials, is he planning to do so or receive any request?
Speaker 13: Said, I will let you know as soon as there's something to report to you.
Speaker 15: We know that President Trump, he hinted, there might be some very strong options of military intervention on the situation in Iran. What is the Secretary General's response to this potential intervention?
Speaker 13: Look, I think the Secretary General has been very clear in the use of his language under what is actually going on in Iran and the repression and the killings of civilians that we're seeing, which is very concerning.
Speaker 6: To the least.
Speaker 13: At the same time, he's also been listening to the rhetoric that we've heard around the situation in Iran, which is concerning to him, and he encourages all to adopt a path of diplomacy and dialogue.
Speaker 15: Would foreign intervention help be helpful?
Speaker 13: I'm not, as you know, we push for dialogue. We want to see the Iranian Iranians who wish to protest peacefully to do so, and I think the charter is very clear on your question.
Speaker 15: I also have a very completely different issue here. According to New York Times recent a recent report that since the ceasefire deal after two months, Israel has been demolishing Gaza buildings more than two thousand and five hundred. Is the un familiar with the situation and.
Speaker 13: You're familiar with the situation in Gaza, given that we have not left the side of the Gazan people, what's the reaction of general. We just want to see a stop to the destruction of whatever remains in Gaza. We want to see the parties move towards Phase two to try to rebuild, whether it's physically or mentally, the situation in Gaza.
Speaker 16: Gabriel, thanks devil, excuse me, one on Gaza and one on Sudan. On Gaza, you noted that the Union your partners have four hundred, roughly four hundred and forty temporary learning sites open. However, Israel, if I heard you correctly, Israel is still denying educational supplies into Gaza.
Speaker 6: Is that correct?
Speaker 13: That's exactly what I said and.
Speaker 16: What exactly educational supplies do you mean?
Speaker 6: Gentry?
Speaker 13: My understanding is stuff you need to run a classroom, whether it's it's blackboards, if those things are still use and kits for students. You know, we have our colleagues a unise are well versed and other agencies in bringing kind of minimum kits to help to help students get back on track. But I can try to get you more detail.
Speaker 16: And the justification that you read out that Israel is giving that is you, guys, is that it doesn't qualify or is not necessary under the ceasefire agreement at this stage? Is it safe to assume the Secretary General disagrees with that?
Speaker 13: I hope he does disagree, because I just said that we disagree. So let's hope there's no daylight between myself and my boss. Yes, please go ahead.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 16: Just on Sudan, the government announced that they've moved back to Khartoum over the weekend after for the last three years essentially running government operations out of Port Sudan. Does the Secretary of General have any comment on that and how will that potentially affect the humanitarian work there?
Speaker 13: Obviously we I mean it's not for us to comment. Khartoum is the capital. It's normal that the government want to move back its operation to its to its own capital. As you know, we have been going in and out of Khartoum to try to see if we can regain some of the property that was there to start to work there. As far as I know, MS Brown is still based in Port Sudan, but we have staff in Khartoum, and obviously, the sooner we can return to Khartum in a safe environment or less dangerous environment, we will do so. Sar, thank you.
Speaker 17: Stef Iron's Mission has sent a letter to the Secretary General and this you're the Council regarding foreign interference and threats by the US, especially President trump statement against Iran and incitement to violence. And today Iran's foreign minister also said that we have extensive documents and evidence indicating US and Israel involvement involvement in terrorist activities inside Iran. Do the threads by the US constitute a violation of the UN Charter? What is the secretarigieneral position on this matter?
Speaker 13: The letter not that would be circulated as requested, And I think, as I just told Dejhi, We're very concerned by the rhetoric, the warlike rhetoric that we've heard from various parties around the situation in Iran, and we call for a return to dialogue.
Speaker 6: Miriam.
Speaker 18: Two follow ups on around stuff. Given the Internet shut shut down and the lack of access, how the human is independently verifying reports of geelings and arrests And do.
Speaker 1: You believe the real numbers are.
Speaker 19: Much higher of the protesters who were killed by this?
Speaker 13: Our human rights colleagues have different ways of getting are getting information which they're using. We've been able to stay in touch with our own colleagues through electronic means. It's not been easy, and it's been off and on. We don't have a hard number that we can verify ourselves, but it is clear to us that a number of people, a number of civilians, have been killed.
Speaker 19: One more question, just to be clear, does the Secretary General consider the use of leth lether force against protesters in Iran is a violation of international human rights?
Speaker 13: It is. There is an inherent right for people to protest peacefully in law enforcement operations, and we've talked about this in various places around the world. Law enforcement needs to protect people who want to demonstrate peacefully. If there is violence, the use of force needs to be proportion which is not something that we have seen from what we see. David.
Speaker 6: Thanks stuff.
Speaker 20: Going back to Ukraine and today's Security Council meeting, I did not see and perhaps I missed it, a reaction from the Secretary General on the usage of the type of ballistic missiles nuclear ready missiles in Ukraine over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Could you please give up so?
Speaker 13: I mean, it's it's very it's a very concerning and worrying development. And as I mentioned, mister de Carlo will address that this afternoon in her Security Council briefing Islam.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Stephan.
Speaker 21: I have a two question, one on Gaza and one on Suria. On Gaza, local authorities stated that twenty one displaced Palestinians have died due to extreme called eighteen of ten children and the last one is one we called the infant. Do you get any restrictions still, especially getting winter supply to Gaza? And also second question related with this, Israel had announced banning private in geos close to the fifty.
Speaker 6: I believe the number.
Speaker 21: Does this also effect entering the winter supply to the Gas.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean the banning of international angeos, which we addressed in a statement but a bit more than a week ago, doesn't help our humanitarian operation. It makes things that much more difficult, whether it's in Gaza or in many other places around the world or the UN humanitarian machine relies heavily on our geopartners, both local and international, especially in terms of the sort of last mile delivery. So anything that hinders the ability for those international and geos to operate does not make our life any easier, and it makes life worse for the civilians in Gaza who need humanitarian help. As we've been saying, we've been able to get clothing in, we've been able to get tents in, or not as many as we can. There still remains a lot of hurdles which we'd like to see removed.
Speaker 21: And on Turia, Suria media reported that Israeli force US carry it out new granted incursion in the Turias as southern borders, southern countryside, actually right after the UN delegation visited the area. So how do you read this incursion? What's your reaction to Israelis?
Speaker 13: I will check with our colleagues and off because I haven't seen those reports, but we'll check Synn.
Speaker 22: Thank you, Steph. First thing first from spot press CoAP two questions if you don't mind. The first one is HDS forces affiliated with the mascos through the dead body of a Kurdish female fighter from a building. I'm sure you saw that footage. Does the second general view this as a war crime or as like a crime against humanity?
Speaker 13: What's his To be honest, I have not seen that report or that footage, but obviously what you tell me is very concerning.
Speaker 6: We'll look into I'll look into it.
Speaker 22: The second question, the HDS transitional government whatever you call, committed three massacres against the minorities. When we go back to the march, we saw a massacre against Allowhites and since then the fifty women have been kidnapped. I mean there's still no report on that. And then when we go to the South studio you see a massacred against Drew's and of the Kurts. So after all these things, does second'll have confidence in the inclusivity of Jolanese and his governments.
Speaker 13: As we've said, there still needs to be a lot of work done on inclusivity. We've heard the statements from from the Interim President uh calling for inclusivity, sending out inclusive messages. We will continue to work with the government, but our message is clear that all Syrians, whether Drew's Allowhites, Christians, Sunni Shiite or any other minority need to feel safe and need to be protected by their government and in Syria's any otherwhere else. If there are if crimes have been committed, there needs there will need to be accountability, and there are a number of UN mechanisms are working on.
Speaker 22: That last one. How concerned is Secretary General about the safety of minorities in Syria?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 13: We continue to be concerned because we're seeing the We're seeing the news every day.
Speaker 23: Yes, please, thank you, step Our question is also on Iran. You mentioned that the Security General expressed shock at the scale of the destruction and protests in Iran right now when the UN sanctions were reimposed through the snapback mechanism last September. Was the Secretaria aware that these measures eventually and inevitably would trigger the level of economic and social turmoil we are seeing right now or was this like an enforeseen consequence.
Speaker 13: Listen, whether it's you as a journalist or US at the UN I mean, we're aware of the situation. No one can predict what can happen. What we're seeing now is what we're expressing our opinion on the ground.
Speaker 23: Just a quick follow up is on the same topic, Goldman Sachs has worn that states like Iran can now adapt to sanctions through gold and duised trade, which gives the regime a financial backdoor that the ordinary people of Iran in this case don't have. Unfortunately, so is the un concern that it is enforcing an old sanctions model that can't keep up with what the state is doing. But unfortunately it's very destructive for the people.
Speaker 13: Look, we have always uh this has been gone for a while, expressed our concern about sanctions that tend to hurt more people than leaders anywhere around the world, and we expressed our concern about unilateral sanctions as well. What is important and every government has the responsibility to ensure the well being of their people, whether it's physically or economically pen and that we're going Thank you, Steph.
Speaker 24: You mentioned justin on that eight countries have paid dues to nations this year for twenty twenty six, and we have a number how many countries have not paid the dues for twenty twenty five under each countries. Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 13: Yes we can have we can share that list with you. It's publicly, yes, sir.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 9: On North Korea DeepArt Game mission late last night denounced the event s empt teams for the afternoon planned for this afternoon the UN. Do you have any response? They did not sanction monitoring teams emptiest event planned for this after night the U N.
Speaker 13: I don't know about the event. I can look into it, Alex.
Speaker 6: Thanks Steph.
Speaker 21: There have been some reports suggesting Venezuela's Machada will be in the States on Thursday. Is there any chance the Secretary General will meet with her.
Speaker 13: I have not seen anything on his schedule, but will We will inquire Secretary General. There is always open to people. Sonan than Islam.
Speaker 22: Thank you, Steph. Letting me ask you more questions. According to reports, there are those civilians in Alappo's Kurdish neighborhoods and some of them have been detained. I wonder if there is like a specific mechanism monitoring the situation when it comes to the safety of.
Speaker 13: The We have humanitarian teams on the ground trying to reach all those people who need it, and they're based in a lepos, so we'll see what information they and what we're trying to see, also what access they can actually have.
Speaker 22: The same for the detailed people to Sorry, there are also some civilians detained by the HDO.
Speaker 13: I don't know if they have the authority to check on the detainees, but they are looking at the overall humanitarian situation. This is the last one.
Speaker 22: I promise around two hundred.
Speaker 13: Give me promises you can't keep. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 22: So around two hundred thousand people according to local resources about you said, one hundred and nineteen thousand people displaced. So does the second General view this as an attempt to change the demographics structure in the city in Harpach.
Speaker 13: I don't know what is motivating the situation. We do know is that there continues to be episodes during which ethnic minorities in Syria feel unsafe and are attacked, and that's what is very concerning to us Islam And then will go to lunch.
Speaker 21: British Prime Minister Clear Starmers has reported being asked to sit on the Board of Peace for Gaza.
Speaker 13: The question is.
Speaker 21: The UN ever being consulted regarding Board of Peace, as Trump explains that in.
Speaker 13: Terms of the composition of the Board of Peace, in terms of composition or any I mean the board of pieces you know was meant. The border piece was mentioned in the Security Council resolution relating to the ceasefire. As far as I know, we've not been consulted on the composition of that board. Okay, enjoy your day.
Speaker 25: So that there were colors in the world back when I was young, and though everything wasn't black and white.
Speaker 13: Wrong was wrong and right was right.
Speaker 25: It was about that time I finally realized maybe my son was right. Though old damn time most of us were on in a clearer time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things were black.
Speaker 22: Show Depictions Media things were.
Speaker 2: Please contact us at Depictions Media for more information.