Speaker 1: Which NFL teams still have massive fantasy holes that need to be filled prior to the start of the season. What do we make of the new look New Orleans running back situation in the Big Easy, And what can you do right now in your drafts both dynasty and redraft to make sure you are handling the best possible edges to give you the edge for the million dollar grand prizes in the FFPC at the end of the season. We've got a great show for you. Dan O'Connell, the nineteen excuse me, Don O'Connell, the nineteen time FFPC League Champion, is going to join us tonight to talk more about draft strategy, what he thinks about Kenneth Walker, Tucker Craft, and much more. We've got a great show for you. My name is Eric Balkman. Farrell Elliott is here. Stick around, don't go anywhere. Your High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now. It's down the pressure.
Speaker 2: Listen broadcast live and herd a round the world. You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f f PC dot com with your hosts, Eric Baltman, and Farrel Elliot. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world and now, because no one else was available, here are Eric Boltman and Barrel Elliots.
Speaker 1: Greetings and salutations to all of you, b alcoholics and for Alix, and thank you so much, Rob. Welcome to the latest episode of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f f PC dot Com m y f f PC dot com. I'm your slightly above average host, Eric Balkman. My co host is the definitive Commissioner of Penis Football, Pharrell Elliott. If you are looking to connect with me on the X or social media, I am at Eric Balkman on the X. The show is at HSFF hour on the X and of course FFPC on X as well. Check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at kf FSC dot com. That is k f f SC dot com. Coming up on tonight's show, we're going to break down a lot of stuff. We're going to get into the Eagles past catching situation. Assuming aj Brown is not going to be a part of Philadelphia's plans for twenty twenty six, we will talk more about the missing receivers in Washington, Atlanta and Miami, and who is going to fill those fantasy holes in your drafts this season? And then we will get a visit from the nineteen time f FPC League champion Don O'Connell, who is going to talk to us about the way he is planning on building his teams this year. We'll get into some Kyron Williams and Marvin Harrison discussion with him as well, and so much more. Before we get kicked off tonight, I want to let everybody know that the FFPC Big Gorilla is filling up right now. Three hundred and fifty dollars entry fee, a million dollars grand prize. The seven Bananas Promotion is going on right now. Every time you get a consecutive seven pick in that FFPC Big Gorilla format, you are winning free FFPC teams. They start off with one hundred and twenty five dollars best ball team, Bestball Tournament team, and they go all the way up to a Jungle Safari for four fifty thousand dollars worth if you get that seven pick five times in a row. We almost had it last season. We're one team away from making it happen, but maybe we can make it happen this season. The Early Rampage Tournament is going on right now. If you're one of the first two hundred leagues that are signed up for the Big Gorilla, you're automatically entered into that Early Rampage tournament, and that is going to feature a twenty five thousand dollars grand prize. So you're basically getting two tournaments for the price of one entry fee, eligible for two grand prizes. If you always wanted to play fantasy football at the high sakes level but the entry fees were just too big or whatever, we have the Baby Guerrilla this year. The Big Girl is little brother the Baby Gorilla, featuring one hundred and twenty five dollars one hundred and twenty five dollars entry fee with a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. Of course, the best Ball tournaments are often running as well. With us. The one hundred and twenty five dollars entry features a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize in the FFPC Bestball Tournament. It is up from three hundred thousand last year. We added another one hundred grand on top of the grand Prize this year, and then don't forget but the super Flex Bestball Tournament thirty five dollars to enter one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. There, Dynasty and Empire startups going on right now, anywhere from one hundred dollars up to five thousand dollars a budget for all at my FFPC dot com. Sent out a mailer today to let you know that the FFPC Main Event Early Bird is on as well. Get your teams right in right now, because you will not only save two hundred dollars off your team, you'll save six hundred dollars off each additional team, and you will be entered into the FFPC pro Versus Joe's drawing. Everybody always asks me, Bualky, how do I get into prosss as Joe's. Enter the main event by the May thirty first early Bird deadline and you're automatically entered into that drawing for seven count of seven twenty twenty seven free FFPC Main Event teams. FFPC chop Leagues going on right now as well, Guillotine style format starting at thirty five dollars and going up from there. At my FFPC dot com my FFPC dot com, my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, shirt with a friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live on this channel. I'll give you the update on the busy week we have on the FFPC family of podcasts coming up later on the show. Before we get to that, I have to bring in my co host with the most ladies and gentlemen. You know him, you love him. He runs the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at kfffc dot com. Having a lot of fun drafting in that right now, please welcome on to the program, mister Farrell Elliott Ferrel, Good Wednesday evening to you, Falky.
Speaker 3: Good evening to you, sir.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm doing well. It's a busy week, but busy is always good. Excited to chop it up with you tonight. Hope to fall out from the NFL Draft for you. This is a you know, I know, everybody's kind of down on the class from a dynasty standpoint, but once again and an exciting pre, during, and post draft sort of like results happening not only with the NFL but for fantasy purposes as well. Yeah, you know it is what it is.
Speaker 3: These players are going to show up and get a chance, and they're perhaps more diamonds in the rough. I'm beginning to understand what some of the teams did from an overall perspective, could really give us some clues in how to draft available players in the Dynasty and what to expect as we move closer into the preseason.
Speaker 1: And I've had some rises is. I've been drafting my Dynasty teams and.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, a couple of them I wish I could start overs, Bulkie.
Speaker 1: I can tell you I've one.
Speaker 3: Of some of the things. I thought, well, we'll stand strong and I'll stand by them. But there's other players that I don't quite that. I don't quite think I gave the proper consideration too.
Speaker 1: I want to get into that. We'll get into that not only tonight, but we will also got into uh the Extra Extra Reps show on Friday. We'll get into that as well, with some rookies and so on and so forth. I want to kick things off tonight, Pharah with you to talk about something you brought to my attention. I have a few teams I want to discuss here, but I think we'll lead off with Washington just because the free agency portion of the season is done, and and I want to say like the first like three or four waves. There's there's several ways that are going to go on as we get closer and closer to the start of the NFL season, But the first few waves of free agency has done. The NFL Draft is obviously done, the race to sign all these undrafted free agents is done, and yet some of these teams still have holes on them as far as what we care about for fantasy football. You brought up Washington. I think that's an excellent team because Farrell. I think that is the only team out of the thirty two teams in the league that have holes not only at wide receiver, but running back as well. We'll talk with JL both Jayden Daniels this week on the Family of Podcasts. But I have to ask you here too. Washington cannot be done right. I mean, they're going to add another receiver, right, are they going to add another running back? I don't know what's your vision of what's going on with Washington and how do we handle players like Terry McLaurin. Antonio Williams, Rashad White, K Tron Allen. Right now, all guys on the Commanders, but still all guys that can have their roles change fairly quickly in this offseason.
Speaker 3: If you're a guy who loves to draft the guy, then Terry McLaurin is your guy this year, you know. And when you look at that wide receiver room, it's loaded with a lot of names that fantasy players have drafted over the years and got very very little back from. And you know, it's hard to get a fantasy player excited about some of these guys. They're good football players, but as a group that they're lacking somewhat. And that lets me think. And this is one of those rookies that I was talking about in one of my dynasty drafts. Antonio Williams from Clemson goes in. He was the ninth wide receiver off the board. He went behind both Cleveland Brown wide receivers in one of the dicety drafts. And I assume that he's doing that through most of the drafts. And I could have picked him in the second round and I didn't. And when I look at it closer, man, I wish I did. Here's a guy that's touchdowns in the last two at twenty one touchdown in his career, fifteen of them in the last two years. He ran a fantastic speed at the combine. He's not necessarily a little receiver. He's got some size to it. I see him as an excellent slot receiver there in Washington now. And then when you go to the backfield, Bulkie our guests last week, Jake the Lake, Jake was wonderful in his breakdown of Crossky Merritt. And I'm a big believer.
Speaker 1: In cross Key Merrit. Bill Merritt is my guy.
Speaker 3: But you take a look at this and it's a three headed committee in that situation right now, and I don't know where a running back would come that would you know, is going to make any difference in that mix?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, this is the forty nine ers front office. There's two x forty nine er receivers floating around and you would think maybe one of them would be a landing spot there. And if that's the case, I would feel very very well. I feel very very positive about this receiver corps. But it still doesn't change the fact that I think Williams could be one of.
Speaker 1: The big rookie performers at wide receiver, I mean on Williams this year. My question for a lot of these receivers, and we'll get into this as it goes on, not only this week, Girl, but several weeks going forward. How we treat this year's rookery class a wide receiver when we know next year's rookie class is really really good. Extrapolate that, I guess to talk about running backs for sure. Tight ends. I don't know the tight end class next year. I know it's good. I don't know if it's that much better than this year, but certainly, like we're very excited about these players now, how excited will we be next year? Maybe perhaps none more personifies that than the rookie receiver who could be the number two wide out in Atlanta this year, Riah Branch State in the State of Georgia. He goes to from being a bulldog to a falcon and quite frankly opposite Drake London. There's a lot of opportunity there. I have been, and I think I've been pretty explicit about it on this show that I'm not a believer in Zachariah Branch. I'm still open to the idea of drafting him in dynasty rookie drafts because Fomo aspect, like, you know, if this guy does hit, I still want to have him on you know, one or two of my teams. But I look at Atlanta Ferrell, are they done? I mean, are they comfortable having the John Robinson in that backfield as their leading pass catcher, Drake London on the perimeter as their top wide receiver, Kyle Pitts as their number one tight end. Is there room for them to add another wide out, another pass catcher that perhaps takes the pressure of off of Zachariab Branch and Branch becomes more of a gadget guy at least in twenty twenty six, and that there is another guy who could step in and play the moonie role that was decent on this team until he got hurt. What do you make of Atlanta's wide receiver specific situation right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think you're wrong about Branch, but I think we're going to see a new Falcon look in a new scheme, and I think Branch fits it. So I think that as we imagine the Falcons in previous years, Branch wouldn't be There's something about him you don't like and it's kind of led me. I've kind of followed you down that road. What are some of the things that you just don't really like about You think he's too small?
Speaker 1: I mean well, I mean the size is an issue for me, but a bigger issue for me as you look at what he did or what he didn't do in college, he could not This is a guy that when he was back in at USC was playing behind these guys and he had a transfer to become meaningful on the college. On the collegiate level, and what in Georgia, well, a majority as passes were caught behind the line of scrimmage. He had a serious a dot where he wasn't earning targets. They were just scheming him up. And yeah, I know, the speed and the route running to me is a problem too. I think he's got a ways to go on that. This is all to say, I don't disbelieve. I'm not an unbeliever in Zechariah Branch as far as what he's going to be at the next level, but I am severely concerned that this dude is going to hit the ground running, that he is going to be impactful in twenty twenty six. So if you are investing in a rookie draft in Zechariah Branch, maybe it turns out. But I don't think it turns out in twenty twenty eighty six, and maybe not in twenty twenty seven as well. I just foresee a long learning curve and the profile that we have of this type of player. It's not exactly been ripe with hits in the NFL. Now. I think FFPC players are pretty shrewd and they understand this, and they have been letting him slip down rookie drafts. I'll bring up the mojo on him shortly, Farrell. So I'm not all way out on Branch. I'm just finding better ways to spend second round and third round draft capital h than than than a player like this and rookie drafts. But I mean, I mean, what's your thoughts on Branch. I'm down on him, maybe wrongfully down on it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know they're gonna let him handle the return game. So that's a sign right there. You know that that that's a sign right there that team may not be he may not play that many downs, but you know that perhaps is their new scheme to get this player the ball not far from or behind the go line, and see what he can the line of scrimmage and see what he can get done with it. You know, we're talking about a team now. I think Ola Mede is a Kia says he's still on this roster. I believe that would spell that would spell the situation. But I think I'm anxious for you to give Darren's mojo on this player because I think at some point he begins to become a value. I agree with you, he doesn't belong in this group of top receivers, even with his sec heritage. But I think once you give into that third and fourth round, you're in good shape to take a shot at this player, especially when we consider that if you look at their depth chart, Johan Dotson is on the other side of London right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and by the way, I totally forgot about this is this is me a culpa here. I totally forgot about Johan Dotson on that team. So there is something that we said to that, Zechariah Branch. I'll bring this up right now, Farrell. And if you are having an f f PC account, you probably should have an account with Fantasymojo dot Com as well f fp U Fantasymojo dot com at Fantasy Mojo on the X, Aaron Armani is the godfather of the pro there's a Joe's contest at the time. We cite ADP on this on these broadcasts on the streams with the FFPC, it's all due to Darren Armani. So if we look at rookie drafts right now, according to Fantasy mojo Zechariah Branch currently sits as a mid to late third round pick. He's sitting at three to oh eight. He has gone as high as the one to oh seven. Got no, no, no, Branch, I don't believe in that at that point. But you're looking at him at the three eight on average, he's gone as late as the six ozho three uh. For context sake, Ferrell, he is going behind Chris Brazl and Ted Hurst. He's going right ahead of Malachi Fields and Elijah Surat. I do not have a problem with that with with Branch at that price in the mid third round.
Speaker 3: But we know we can talk about Melanchotte Fields another day, you know. As far as production, just taking a production note for a moment, Booky, we're over here. We have FFBC used code YouTube twenty five or twenty five dollars off. That's kind of a generous thing for people that if we could put another box, well, Joe King's in that box too, but it says tis the scene if we could just have Darren come in live on the show, because I've been watching a little UFL football and when there's you know, when there's a controversial flag, you know, they'll bring in the eye and the sky, so to speak. It'll be and we could have Darren just down there in a box, you know, when we want to have the report of what the mojo is. And because he's got it all memorized anyway, he wouldn't have to look it up, and he just shouts it out to us and we say thank you, Darren, And then you know he's always there in that little box.
Speaker 1: He is uh and and we will have to get him back. Darren has not been on this show. He usually moonlights during the processes Joe's challenge, Like he'll come on and we'll do like a quick ten minute interview with him, but he's he's we got to get him back on here. Come. He's a pro apologist, is what he is. He's a proapologist. He absolutely is. That'll probably be on X tomorrow when when he sees this. Uh, Parrell, We're going to get to our guest uh here tonight, don O'Connell, in just less than a minute. I want to bring up Miami. Uh right now. We'll talk about Malik Willis throughout this. If we don't get to tonight, we'll get to it on Friday. Miami added Caleb Joseph, They added Kevin Coleman, They added Chris Bell. We talked about Chris Bell on the show last week. Actually, I want to get your thoughts. Is Miami right for adding one of these veteran wide receivers that are still floating around out there in free agency or do you think they're going to go to battle with this this trio of rookies as well as Jalen Tolbert and Malik Washington.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't don't be surprised if they add a wide receiver. It's going to have be a wide receiver that's going to have to to be comfortable with his role of realizing he is on a on a run first team and run second team. This is we're going back old school dolphin fans are going back to the Shula days. I mean, this is this is, this is kicking Zanka and and they found a reincarnation if you're old enough to remember this one and be very few listening to the show tonight, but they found a reincarnation in the draft when they took this kid out of Ohio State at tight end. They caught fifteen balls last year at cos Maaric And and you know, this player is the reincarnation of Marf Leming from from the super And so you know this, this whole thing, and this is amazing me, amazing to me that last year Ali Gordon, you know, so this is a lot of Oli Gordon talk. Where do you remember you were coming in on Oli Gordon last year?
Speaker 1: My whole thing with Alli Gordon was I was a big I was a big jail and right fan of Mike McDaniel, where he prioritized speed over everything else. And now this year Pharrell have kind of switched the flip, aka flipped the switch because I feel like the new regime coming in with John Eric Sullivan as the GM, with Jeff Haffley as as the I feel like I would much rather own Ollie Gordon, who is the between the tackles banger, the guy that will accentuate your defense, heighten your running game. That is the player I would want as the backup to a Chan as opposed to Jalen Right. So and Jalen Right for me twenty twenty six Gordon?
Speaker 3: And would that would that Ollie Gordon look at one hundred and fifty carries on the season or maybe more, and I think he will in this offense. And and Ollie Gordon is you know, he's available in.
Speaker 1: A number of these donasty drafts.
Speaker 3: And I apologize to everyone's drafting best ball and it naturally focused on the dynasty drafts here in the last few days. But uh, let's take a look at this wide receiver cor now Chris Bell. Everybody says it's Chris Bell. Well, yeah, Chris Bell is the guy who's gonna line up with Terrence Marshall. And this time last year, you know, I talked about how I never really bought into too two at well at the University of Louisville, and then he made the rams and I was happy for it. And then he caught forty two balls with not a lot of yardage. Maybe something like we would see if Zach Branch come a speedy guy that didn't get a lot of yardage and then he goes the Rams give him a contract, reward him with a contract of eleven million dollars and he caught six balls last year, Balky, that's one point eight three million dollars a catch, and the yard is were like, you know, like fifty seven thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars a yard. I mean, it's just just it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So now you know he's in He's in Miami playing for two million dollars or a little less this year back you know, kind of the league minimum. But my point is that this is the These are the receivers that they're going and that they're they're currently going to play with. And if this doesn't mean that you shouldn't be drafting the entire backfield of the Dolphins as well as you know, I don't know what you're going to do with that quarterback because you know, he makes the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Ferrell I love that quarterback.
Speaker 3: Well, he makes defenses guests, and that creates some interesting things, you know, because with two we knew it too.
Speaker 1: It was gonna do you know, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, this team you take Hill and waddle out of this team. Guess what, it's a new day in Miami. And when this team goes on the road and you know, the AFC East and goes it goes in place some of these co weather teams, it's not gonna be the same uh may it may not be the same.
Speaker 1: Result as what we're having.
Speaker 3: It's going for those Dolphins fans like Tom Smith who's probably too hard at work today and might not get to watch the show until later. It's going to be a very satisfying year.
Speaker 1: If you like, if you like hard and knows offensive football, and that's what this team is built for. Yeah they are, and at least they're trying to get built for that. And I will say that's the last thing I want to say about Zechara Branch. You bring up tongue by lawa. That is another feather and Branch's cap with him wanting uh tongue by la trying to get the ball out as soon as possible in Miami. I think that continues in Atlanta, and I think that helped Zechariah Branch as well. So that's going for you well.
Speaker 3: And then in a tip of the hand to the diesel, you know what was Dizzel's favorite thing to talk about. It wasn't forty yard dash and it wasn't strength. Relative athletic scrasps, you know, and they do have they do have. You might have to pronounce it. Help me with the pronunciation. Uh se do to to Rory TI tied end out of Mississippi State, relative athletics score off the charts.
Speaker 1: From down there in in Miami. Uh, okay, this is this is wild? So this was an undrafted free agent? Yes, no, I don't know. I don't know, all right.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a laid round draft pick, but he could have been a beauty f a.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this was this, but but he was for the Dolphins, right, that's who I have. No, he was a fifth round pick. Fall I'm seeing it right there you go. That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna say, say do tr That's how I'm gonna all right.
Speaker 3: I think you may think that he's from London, so you might take that ori.
Speaker 1: Out or I do.
Speaker 3: There you go, I did besides with a British accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a ten point roads have athletics goal. There you go. There, I am more athletic than me National football league. That's terrible, but no, that was very good. People are gonna wal night for for posterity sake and for not losing the viewers. Let's bring on a real genius. Yeah right now, ladies and gentlemen. His name is Don O'Connell. He is a nineteen time FFPC League champion. He's done it at all the levels the satellite league's check. He's won lead championships in the Big Gorilla. He's won multiple leagues, multiple league titles at the main event level right now, and he's glad enough or we're happy enough that he has set aside some time tonight for us to speak with him, to pick his brain on not only his success in the FFPC but the upcoming twenty twenty sixth season. Please welcome onto the program, mister Don O'Connell. Done good, even done?
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, thanks for having me. Hey, I love this game. Thanks for inviting me to talk about this. You know this should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And are you living in on that space ship chair? I love it.
Speaker 4: It's so great you guys, we're just now trying to talk of British I live there for uh almost a year. Here's how you do it. Pint of ruttles. That's how you order a beer is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had a gentleman over from West London.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one, which one it is that that's that's wild.
Speaker 3: We we had a gentleman from across the pond from that that said he would go. We asked him what he would order at the bar and he told us a cider. Yeah, earlier in the year and that one that was that was a lot of fun. Well what what what? What put you in London? Were you over there waiting for the NFL to come to you or you get some good tickets work? Yeah, my dad had an all expense paid trip there back in World War Two. It was it was a good thing for him.
Speaker 4: That was even harder work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really hard work. My my, uh uh. Both my grandfathers had the same thing. There you go as well. Yeah, Paul Bretton is who you're referring to, Pharaoh a guy that loves his side or love his fantasy. And I don't know he may or may not know, you don but I saw that he liked and reposted on x that you were going to be on the show tonight. So that was very cool of Paul. Okay, we're going to get into a lot here. A couple of questions to kick things off the time before we get into fantasy football. Number one, how did you hit him today on the golf course? Did you hit him straight? How was How was the golfing today?
Speaker 4: I was fine. I missed four easy birdie putts, so it could have been way better. So I had about my average.
Speaker 1: I went disc golfing Frisbee disc golfing for the first time in thirty years. This a couple of days ago because my son's starting to get into it. He's twelve years old, and he really wanted to go with me, first time in thirty years. And I got to tell you, like, I'm not a golfer like a traditional golfer, and I'm not really a disc golfer. But let me tell you the frustration of missing putts whether you're traditional golfing or disc golfing, it is still the same in both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And how's your arm? Your arm must be?
Speaker 1: It was not good. It was like so this would have been on Monday. I went with him, and then Tuesday it was kind of sore. But my shoulder today uber sore, like I've been hitting it up with the Ben Gay and getting all that because it was not in a good way. But listen, nobody's tuning in to hear me talk about my sore shoulder. They want to know what you're doing, Don, when you were not winning all these FFPC leagues. Are you just golfing? Are you spending your time doing something else? What are you doing when you're not winning FFPC leagues?
Speaker 4: Both my wife and I are retired for quite a while. For ten years right now, I was an engineer and a rocket scientist and that kind of thing, you know, working on all kinds of spaceships and airplanes and all kinds of things for my whole career. So now all I do is golf and bowl and play fantasy football and remodel houses. Also. I spend my time doing it, and every once in a while I fool with new inventions. I'm kind of an inventor. I have a few inventions, so I fool with those things, although they don't really amount to much except for keeping me entertained, which is good enough.
Speaker 1: You know, what was What's what's your proudest invention that you've had over the years, Don, Oh, that's so too many to count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I can't really tell you about my proudest, but the latest one is a way to go clean out my gutters while standing on the ground because she won't let me climb ladders anymore. So I clean out the gutters while standing on the ground. It works pretty good. Forty five minutes I do the whole house.
Speaker 1: So good for you. That's fantastic, good stuff. Well, congratulations on the retirement. Although it's not new. You've been retired for a while, but it sounds like you are busier in retirement than I have ever been in my working life. That's really important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotta you gotta get to every day and plan thing, which is one thing Fatty. Football is so fun for me because I turn it all into a giant math problem. So I'm doing the math all through the season, doing the math, trying to figure out how to maximize my teams.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Good for you, Ferrell.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it with Don Well and so I feel very very impressed with myself that I identified your lounger as a spaceship.
Speaker 1: I rocket scientists that you are.
Speaker 3: And you know, my goal, in my entirety of my life is to hang out with people as smarter than me, it's not very difficult to fulfill.
Speaker 1: But tonight with you and Balke, I'm certainly there.
Speaker 3: So my question, you know, and when we talked about I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Before the shows over, we're going to point out to you that all Californias come to Kentucky to play fantasy football, and you're going to get an invite, don and I hope you'll come here. A player that played in the University of Louisville is Tyler Shuck and I am just thrilled with the assets that are being put behind him and in front of him there through the draft in New Orleans. I love the makeup of the team last year. I love what's going on with the team this year. You got a veteran running back that wants to stay there, that appears like everybody has given up on your thoughts about this player and can't where can you see? Do you see him as a as a real bargain player right now? And do you think that he might be an everyday starter and every week starter in fantasy football this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's a good question. I I don't see it myself. I think that he's he's doing better than expected last year and he's going to improve a little bit this year. I still don't see him crack in the top fifteen, so he doesn't make him a starter. He may be a super flex guy that you would be good with. He could crawl into like the not thirteen or something like that, given that they're given more of a supporting cast and they don't have such a strong defense, so they got to pass it a lot, right they gotta They land a lean on him a lot, so he could get to there. But I don't see him. I don't see myself drafting him because I don't take guys in that range. That's kind where I see that.
Speaker 1: And don that makes by the way, like I I totally understand your viewpoint on that, But my follow up to that would be is, if you're down on shuck, does that mean you're also down on guys like Chris o'lave, Juwan Johnson, Jordan Tyson? Does that If you're down on shuck, are you also kind of out on the Saints offense in general?
Speaker 4: No? No, not really, because a Lave is such a target hog. If I get him at the right price. I would always take him. Juwan Johnson is he's hot and cold, but when he was hot, he was he was spectacular.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a fantastic to get in the red zone. What about the rookie receiver from out your.
Speaker 4: Way, Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about him. I usually don't go with rookies so much because a lot of people like to really price them up because they think they're going to get the next Puka, and so they cost too much. So I typically don't end up with with rookies with any sort of hype about them because people hype them up way higher than they should be. So I usually don't take those risks. But o'lave I take a love at the right price. He kind of went off last year. I think he might be too pricey this year too.
Speaker 3: But you always on this show, you know, Bonky throw it up there. Derrek Geers checking in another Californian, and he says, keep the scientists don out of Kentucky. So you're already gonna have to make a commitment during the other Californians are trying to attempt to bar you from I mean to Kentucky and we just we just.
Speaker 4: You know what, We're going there next spring on the Giant Motor Home trip. So I guess I'll change the license plate and there you go.
Speaker 3: There you go, the Giant Motorome trip.
Speaker 1: You're always well, don don let me ask you this. We talked about shock. What about Jackson Dart. I mean, we saw a little bit of him last year. You saw a little bit of him last year. This year, he has a new head coach in John Harbaugh. Matt Nagy is the new offensive coordinator. I you know, just as a normal reaction, I'm usually skeptical on players like this who have so much change going for him. And the other thing too is, you know, we don't know the health exactly of Malik Neighbors. Isaiah Likely is coming to town No Wandale Robinson. So there is a lot of change going on with the Giants. Jackson Dart is being drafted on average as the eighth quarterback in Big Gorilla drafts so far this season. Do you feel with all this change in New York that he's still worth a price tag in drafts?
Speaker 4: I do? I do. I like the running style that he has now, of course it's risk because he runs so much he gets hurt. Right if you ever saw the interview with him and Gruden, Gruden kept telling him to stop doing this, you know, because you're just going to get hurt. You're not good to me if you're in the medical tent, which is true. But I still think that I believe Malik Neighbors will be back, and Jackson Dart's kind of a ball hog kind of a guy where we're he'll just taking himself a lot, which is good for fantasy, but not so much good for his health. And the good thing is with fantasy is that you can start him when he's healthy, and when he's out, he starts your other guy. So that makes him really valuable when he's there, and then when he's not, you're going to start your other guy instead. So I will probably have some of him this year if he falls to the right spot. I'm going to have some of him, just because I really like the running aspect of it and the way it adds to the the bottom line for the player. Now, sure there's a downside with Harbaugh moving there they didn't live at him some but that could go the other way too.
Speaker 1: It certainly could. And to your point on I will say this, for if you want to draft Jackson Dart, you're nervous about the injury, you're nervous about what could happen. Because of the depth of quarterback this year, it is fairly easy for you to draft Dart and then grab Prescott, Grab brock Perty who was the best fantasy quarterback down the stretch last season. Grab Patrick Mahomes, who is one I believe, eighteen MVPs so far in his career, so you could get him, Stafford, Kyler Murray who's on the upswing. We already talked about Tyler Shock. I know you're down on him, but you could still get Jared Goff, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love who should be passing it more this year. I listed like seven quarterbacks there, so even if Dart doesn't work out, you could still miss on that ceiling, but still get a floor with some of these other guys here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely everything you just said. That's my That's always how I do this game. As I draft a guy somewhere between eight and twelve, I get two of them. Yeah, right, and then I can flip flop between them. It's been depending on what they're facing, you know, because sometimes when they're facing a really tough team. You don't want to start them. So yeah, and those guys you just mentioned, I'll have all.
Speaker 1: I'll have a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Don We're making a five dollars wager right now. We've got five on it. Bulky can't find the music, but we're gonna have five on it. I'm gonna take Shuck and you're going to take the Giants corbat and we are going to an FFPC scoring the player that gets the most Fantasy points for the season.
Speaker 1: We got five on.
Speaker 3: It because if I lose five, I've lost five dollars. And if I win, I can say, you know, I beat the Rocket Scientists.
Speaker 4: And yeah, So there is there any way I can enter in on this thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're you're in it. I've already you're in. I'm already hoped.
Speaker 4: That sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, Shock versus Dart the first one of its kind all season long. Certainly a fun quarterback conversation. We can talk about tight ends here now too, Farrell.
Speaker 3: I love tight ends and I love Tyler Warren. Last year, last year, it was better to start than it was to finish. Seventy six catches only four touchdowns put him in the range of Dalton Schultz, you know, and then and Dalton Schultz has had a good year last year, but he's largely left behind in drafts. Ten targets once, that was the overtime game against Atlanta, and that was the last game that Colts won. Last year, he had nine targets about four or five times, one hundred and twelve targets for the season, seventy six catches. I think a better year is forthcoming. I think down the stretch he faded a bit, but the whole team faded. They they lost everything down the stretch. Loss Rivers was the quarterback down the stretch. Yeah, and you know, God bless you, Philip, So you know we gave it his fighting chance. So I expect a big year for Tyler Warren.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts, Oh absolutely, I expect him to keep the magic of the front of the year going. They were hurt at the end, and Daniel Jones was hurt. Daniel Jones loves to throw to his tight ends and he showed that. I really like tight ends that are in a place where the quarterback likes to dump it to them a lot.
Speaker 3: You think we can get over ninety catches for Tyler Warren this year and push double.
Speaker 4: Digit touchdowns wouldn't surprise me at all, and that'd be great. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all. He could easily need the number three guy for tight ends and I don't expect him to be lower than number six, So he's somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going off in the FFPC big gorilla right now. Donnie's going off as quarter begging pardon tight end four. So are still believing in him? And and like I mentioned Rivers as well, he got off to such a great start and then obviously in the money weeks when a lot of people were hoping he'd come through, he really didn't. So we forget about how good he was last year. If we look back again his rookie season in the NFL, seventy six catches, over eight hundred yards and just four touchdowns. I think those touchdowns positively regress this year, where he gets in the six seven range and then he probably flirts with nine hundred yards. He probably I don't know if he hits ninety catches Farrell, but but to Don's point, it would not surprise me if he hit ninety catches this year, No Michael Pittman in that offense, and Michael Pittman Michael Pittman, So certainly this could be a big time Pierce Warrant thing. And as much as you know, we compared Loveland and Warren last year so much because they were both rookies who got that top you know, first half of the first round draft capital and then Warren looked like he was gonna be the guy, and then Loveland came out at the end. And because we are prisoners of the moment, we understand recency bias. Loveland is in the forefront of our minds. And I say our minds because I'm including myself and that I've drafted Colts and Loveland a lot this year. But we cannot forget about one Tyler Warren, who in his rookie year flirted with eighty catches, got over eight hundred yards and four touchdowns as well. Pretty impressive stuff from Tyler Warren. Okay, let's move on and talk about another tight end. This guy is near and dear to my heart. Don I'm the northeast Wisconsin, I'm a Packers fan, I'm a season ticket holder. I love my Green Bay Packers. I love Tucker Craft. He is coming off the ACL, so we don't know exactly how he's gonna fare if we look back, and I think this is you know, as much is people seem to be positive about Tucker Craft as much as people seem to be on board with Christian Watson this year. Both of those guys did their damage last year for the Packers when the other one was hurt. Craft was crushing it when Watson was still recovering from the ACL. Watson came on at the end of the season when Craft was suffered the ACL and he wasn't out there. These guys are going to have to coexist this year. However, they do have the added benefit fantasy wise of not competing for targets with Romeo Dobbs and Dantavian Wicks, who are both on the East Coast now in Philadelphia and New England. This is a more concentrated pass offense. But specifically speaking to you about Tucker Craft, how do you think he's gonna fare this year in a different Packers passing offense than what was existing in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he makes me nervous. I know that he's super talented and I watched him do spectacular things that for a tight end, Yeah, right, then a super deep tar gets and super athletic for those, So the athleticism typically goes down after an acl you know, and a bigger guy is even harder for him to heal from such a thing. And then with the changing of offense, so he might be a superstar, he might be a disappointment. I think he's kind of risky. I would always wait a long time before I would pick him. Somebody else had probably taken him before me, and they've got risk in that where he's way more risky than Tyler Warren, although Tyler Warren is much earlier draft pick where Craft is like eight or something like that. There's guys around around eight that I would rather take versus Craft.
Speaker 1: Let me do this, Let me do this, don I want to do a would you rather? You tell me which of these tight ends you'd rather draft this year at this moment, Tucker Craft or Sam Laporta.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I probably, yeah, good question. I probably I probably go Craft. I'm kind of down on the Porta because he doesn't seem to get the ball and.
Speaker 1: He's got the back thing to the back thing concerns me. Yeah, Tucker Craft or Kyle Pitts oh Pits, Tucker Craft or Ronde Gadsden.
Speaker 4: I probably go to Ronde.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That's the upside there. This is a fun one. Tucker Craft or George Kittle, who was recovering from that torn Achilles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a good, good question. I probably would Craft because I just think the Achilles is so hard. There are people that have came back from it, but they are rare. And and and he's old thirty five or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not young anymore.
Speaker 3: Tucker Craft, Kittle and Tonga Spalky. Okay, I have them both.
Speaker 1: And well you're talking about soaking two draft picks now now versus yea. Let me ask you this, that Tucker Craft or the healthy Isaiah Likely now a New York Giant, which one would you rather have?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would probably go with Craft. See, I don't know how well Jackson Dart's gonna throw it to a tight end. Yeah, I don't know if he loves doing that or not. If I knew he loved doing it, then Isaiah likely is a spectacular pick. But I don't know. See, Jackson Dart just hogs the ball. He just wants to run it half the time whenever there's nothing to throw to. So he doesn't support wide receivers or even tight ends so well by throwing it.
Speaker 3: John imagine, imagine likely as a slot receiver. Does that change your.
Speaker 4: That doesn't change my thought. But yeah, that's what he is.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 4: Maybe he goes and does like what Wandale did, but he's just bigger now that if he does that, then likely he'll be the top three guy. Yeah, but I don't think he'll do what Wandale.
Speaker 3: You know, I got a question coming up for you, and I think only you can answer it. I think we I think some of our guests, including the co host would It would leave us baffled, you know, but I think you can handle it.
Speaker 1: You have a you have a way about you.
Speaker 3: You know, you have a going back to my Gilligan Island days of my youth. You have a skipper like appearance and good nature with the professorial intellect and you know, and do you know what that would have resulted in for that show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So both, But like Ginger probably would have came back home with me.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that you would have captured the affection of both Ginger and Marianne, and you would not have to play this either or game with Balkey. I think you would have captured both of them. But here's the kind of either or going around the block. AJ Brown moves on from Philadelphia. We're assuming. You know what happens when you assume, but we're gonna do it anyway. So how close will Devonte Smith come become to be the receiver that we all have hoped he can be?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: And if he, if he does become that receiver, are we looking at a Jackson Smith and Jigma kind of repeat of twenty twenty five? There's the ceiling that high for the Philadelphia receiver Smith.
Speaker 4: And my opinion they.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt on The reason we bring that up is because we saw reports a month or two ago that the Eagles, apparently the Eagles coaching staff believed that the JSN twenty twenty five season, that is in the cards for Devonte Smith this year if they moved on from AJ Brown, which it seems like they're going to.
Speaker 3: You think those coaches are smoking something over in Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I lived in Philly for four years and they have their own opinions.
Speaker 1: Do you ever meet chirp up there. He has his own opinions to.
Speaker 4: You in any way that the Eagles. The Eagles are they might get back to be more of a running team and then may be more of a Saquon team, you know, and and so they can't center around like what they did with JSN. With Seattle, he's like the guy they threw it to him like sixty percent of the time or some ridiculous amount of times. Davante Smith will never have that kind of target share, I don't think right. And the Eagles don't throw it that much. They don't need to. When they were playing good, they didn't need to, so they can't They can't approach that. Davante Smith is probably a guy I won't get because the other people will hype him way up to weigh up like a number fifteen or ten or something like that, and I'll never pay that much for him, So I don't think he's gonna he's going a good receiver, but he'll be number fifteen or twenty and people will be paying like a ten for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people like Steve g just posted from the Fantasy Sopranos. He's a big believer and Steve J's a hell of a fantasy player, So you know that's what would you call him? Balk With this, Davante Smith be a polarize.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's polarizing yet because his ADP is still down. But I will say this, if aj Brown gets moved and all of a sudden, DeVonta Smith's ADP moves up a round and a half, we will find out who the DeVonta Smith truthers are out there. Yeah, he will be picking him much higher than some of the people who who are not necessarily DeVonta Smith doubters. But bringing up some of the stuff that Don brought up, you know, the fact that they could be getting back to more of a stronger running game, a stronger running team this season. I brought this up on the road of his high Stakes lowdown last night with Wilson moy You know, they did pay Hollywood Brown, They they did trade for and extend on Tavian Wicks. Well, I do think those are more reflections of the wide receiver market as a whole in the NFL. I do think we have to recognize that they went out and they drafted the Bolitnikoff winner in the first round of the nf Draft this year, and they followed that up in the second round by drafting the John Mackia winner John McKie Award winner with Eli Stowers. So there are going that this could be more of a diverse not necessarily a concentrated past. And I think that's what it comes back to with DeVante Smith and why I don't believe he will ever hit that JSN level. There's just too many pass catchers on this team, which is what Don alluded to. There's just you're never going to get enough concentration even on a team that if they somehow open up the wide receiver, if they somehow open up the passing game, I don't see that happening. I don't think the JSN season is in the cards for Demonta Smith. Let's move on, guys. I want to talk about a free agent right now, a guy who is hashtag not guilty, Stefan Dicks. He is out there right now and the strangulation thing is now behind him, at least legally speaking. Don what do you do with a guy like Diggs if you were drafting now knowing that this guy I didn't have the worst season in the world for the AFC champion New England Patriots last year. But we can, I think pretty confidently say his best football is behind him. But we said that about Keenan Allen for years, and how many post prime great seasons did Keenan Allen have. What do you do with Diggs? He's not on a team right now, how do we handle him in drafts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a tough question. I love Diggs. I drafted him in just about every league I had. Last year, I got him in the seventh round and it was a great value. Everybody hated him for some reason, and I just scooped him up again and again and again and played him a bunch as my worst guy on my team.
Speaker 1: So he was great.
Speaker 4: Now he's healthier, but I'm afraid that he's going to get suspended for a bunch of games by the league, because so I would stay away from him myself. And he's not on a team. I think there's going to be suspended some of the time, So I would stay away from unless he and then if he lands in a good spot, I would consider him. But right now he hasn't led it anywhere, and I think people are going to kind of heat their hands off of him. So I would only get him right now if I would. I don't draft right now, it's too early, but I would only pick him up in the nineteenth round or something like that right now because he's just he doesn't play football right now.
Speaker 1: He is going at wide receiver fifty nine in the Big Gorilla at the moment. That is right after Brandon Au, Jalen McMillan, Omar Cooper. It is right before Juwan Jennings, Denzel Boston, and Rashid Shaheed. So I think you can make the case that among those six guys that I just named there, he has the most accomplished resume.
Speaker 4: I would agree with that because he looked good last year and then there was sometimes See, Drake May doesn't spread the ball or out. He spreads it her out a lot. He doesn't focus on a guy. So it's tough to pick Diggs on a week that he was gonna have a good week. Well, he would have random good weeks because Drake May spreads it out a lot and runs it a lot, you know. But Digson still, he looked good when they gave him the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, when he got the ball.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: The new England Patriots. Farrell ended up as we watched this game together in Kentucky, they ended up falling to the Seattle Seahawks. And a big part of that was one Kenneth Walker who has moved on to Kansas City. And you want to talk about polarizing players, I don't know, Farrell, that this could be a polarizing player right now.
Speaker 3: How sweet it is that Kenneth Walker is getting his due Super Bowl MVP, Fellaws, Kenneth Walker. We may not know where Diggs is going, but can you think of a sweeter landing spot for the Super Bowl MVP than the Kansas City Chiefs. I like what it does for the players around him. I like what it does for Mahomes. Home hasn't had a goal to running back for quite a while. You know, they keep unearthing the back up the retired veterans backs to come in and Kareem Hunt did work. I like the check o who has moved on. But I really like what this player can do for the team. We always saw this team in this past season not a good year for the Chiefs. We saw him in down in distance situations. Mahomes is a big value in the drafts Balky was Darren got to say about where he's being.
Speaker 1: Drafted in the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's double digits for one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league right now, and you take, you know, general manager Brett beachs that gives a little bit of a tip of the hat and he says, this guy's underrated receiver skills. And by damn it, Dawn, I was the first one on this show and everybody gave me that raised eyebarrow. You know, I said that this Walker has the same talent of the New York Jets running back when they were drafted Breese Hall, and people just just laughed at me. Now they're close, But which one's getting drafted before?
Speaker 1: All? Is still going.
Speaker 3: Before Walker or we're getting close were they were.
Speaker 1: Bridging that gap? Right? Walker is ahead of Breess Hall.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that? Don Walker is ahead of Breshall.
Speaker 1: Walker is running back twelve, Briess Hall running back fifteen. Walker going on average at the two to nine, and then Breese Hall at the three oh seven. So about a round of difference between those two running backs.
Speaker 3: Don see I go down, I go down memory lane when I get something right. So you know, I just just want to relive that a little bit. What do you think is it is? Is all of this stuff? Is two o nine not warranted for this player? Or do you believe like me that you can't draft this player high enough?
Speaker 4: I think two nine is about right for him. He's I'm a huge Seahawks fan, so I watched him, and I watched him every single time he played. He's good. He always seemed to be kind of hurt, you know, and and it just kept happening again and again. Last year he had this big run because Charbonnay was out and they fed him the ball and he didn't get hurt. He's a spectacular athlete. I saw him break a tackle using his head and jump up onto his feet using only his head. He's spectacular. But when they go take and pound the ball with him, he'll just get dinged up again. So he's worth it because when he's playing, he's going to be great, and then he's gonna be on the bench and then you got to have somebody else to replace him for a few weeks. Breece Hall doesn't seem to have that kind of injury stuff going on, so I would probably tend towards Breece a little more than Canine, But I still think Canine is a good pick. I just wouldn't count on him for sixteen games. Now.
Speaker 3: You know, you'd be surprised to know here in Kentucky we actually draft for the upcoming year on Super Bowl weekend. And while here Steve G of the Fantasy Sopranos says he got Walker in the fourth round, meaning that you can go pan him for gold here in Kentucky on Super Bowl weekend and get guys like Walker in the fourth round, just saying, just saying.
Speaker 1: Don listen, don if you come to Kentucky in January or February, I guess it would be rule next year, you and I will have a long conversation about drafting fantasy football leagues and drafting fantasy football teams at early and how much fun it is, and watch the Super Bowl together. It'll be a blast. Before we get to that, we have to have you answer some of these viewer emails that we've gotten in specifically for you tonight, and I want to kick things off here with Ron and Plantation, Florida's email and he rights, do you believe this is a Kien Williams year or a Blake Quorum this year, Blake Korum year this campaign in twenty twenty six. That is Ron in Plantation, Florida. Don How do you feel about Kien Williams and Blake Korum right now in how we have to handle them in fantasy leagues?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think Kiren still has the sixty and the sixty forty split. It was a little more than that last year, but they'll give Korum the ball a little more. McVeigh tends to stick with this guy, right, so he's gonna keep sticking with him, So I would go still with I wouldn't go with Korum. A lot of people last year thought Korum was gonna take over the job. I still don't think he's gonna take over the job.
Speaker 1: As Pharaoh would say, the gorilla adp on these guys right now in that Los Angeles Rams backfield. If I bring it up right now, I can tell you that Kyron Williams obviously still going ahead of Blake Korum, but it is tighter. Still not that tight, but it's tighter. Kyron Williams running back sixteen at the three ten on average, Blake Korum running back thirty seven at the nine oh two on average, So you're looking at about five rounds just over maybe five and a half rounds of difference between those two. Don knowing that does does.
Speaker 4: That makes Korum a really good handcuff? Yeah, That's what I was just gonna because he could jump to being just as productive if the guy goes down. So there's that.
Speaker 1: I think that you know a lot of times people are just going to be like, well, I'll take the cheaper guy. And it's not really a case of that with Los Angeles yet. I mean, Kyron Williams is still the man, but that obviously that could change as we get closer to draft season. We might get some some little, you know, nuggets on that. And you know, I can't remember who I think it was. It might have been Pat Krand from Legendary Upside, I can't remember, but you know he brought up like these the Shanahan, these McVeigh, you know, those those those guys they talk about getting you know, wanting to balance and not putting too much on one player in this backfield, and it seemingly every single year they just all they do is just pile on with that right that's up running back. So that could happen again with Kien Williams this year as well. One more email here for you, Don, and it is from Larry and Naperville, Illinois. Love Naperville. Yes, Yes, fantastic, Larry writes, Don. Are you a believer or are you out on Marvin Harrison Junior? Marvin Harrison Junior in Big Gorilla Drafts? Right now at the moment, he has plummeted all the way down to wide receiver thirty one at the six eleven. It was not that long ago that this dude was the one oh one, the one o two in FFPC rookie drafts, and now two years later you can get him outside the top thirty receivers in the Big Gorilla Draft. Is that something that you want to be in business with this year? Don? Or? Are you passing on Marvin Harrison?
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm passing on even at thirty one, I'm passing on him. The quarterback wasn't throwing it to him last year even Yeah, so that it just I'm out on him. I think he'd be better off on another team. I think he's super talented, but it just Brissett doesn't throw it to himse throws to the other two guys, Wilson. I'm in on Wilson because I can get him cheaper than that and he did better. And then I'm big on McBride. You know, of course, everybody is McBride's the first round guy, so if you get him, you can get him. Take him, but not Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 1: I will say this, and I brought this up in my high Stake slowdown last night, and don I want to get your thoughts on this. Brissette was unbelievable last year, uh with with the the amount of Fantasy points that he was able to pile up with guys like McBride, Michael Wilson, Marvin Harrison to an extent, I guess, but the first two McBride and Wilson were the big cogs. Let me throw this at you. This could be a season where the Cardinals are punting on the year right where they. I know they drafted Carson back in the third round. They probably want to see what they have on him in him. But next year the quarterback first round should be fairly rich. And I know we've said this the last couple of years and it hasn't really panned out, But next year could be the year. I'm getting away from the point the problem I have with the Cardinals Harrison included here. I worry about what would happen to this team if they're two and four heading into Alloween and they know that they're out of it, given how tough the division they're in, with the Rams and the Seahawks, with the two teams in the NFC Championship last year, the San Francisco forty nine ers who had double digit and then I mean, what's what's the reason why they would not give Carson Beck the opportunity to see what he can do? Uh? And that could be disastrous for McBride, for Wilson, for Harrison and and all these other Jeremi love what have you that. That's my hang up with the Cardinals right now in drafting them. I want to get your input on how you look at it as it stands right now, knowing that, yeah, it's awesome with Brissette starting, but that might not be a thing that we see all season long. You mentioned you're out on Harrison, are you and and and you're you're you're very positive about Wilson and McBride when you consider that aspect as well. Are you still, are those still players that you want to be drafting this year?
Speaker 4: No, you just now, you just now shook my world. I've never really considered that, but your you may well be right because they're in their division. Is is is a is a minefield, so they will be two and four, two and seven, right, they will be that. And yeah, if they go put in Beck to see what he does, it ruins all of them. It could, it could, It could ruin all of them.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's I think quarterback proof, guys. I think quarterbacks could be the The issue with that, Pharah though, is when you think about mcbrideby and quarterback proof, think about how And I know touchdowns are not sticky, so maybe this isn't a very strong argument, but I'm gonna say it anyway. This dude did not catch touchdowns at all through college, through the pros, and then last year when Brissette was throwing and until his shoulder felt like my shoulder after disc golfing like parall That's that's how his shoulder felt at the at the end of every Cardinals game because he was thrown at fifty sixty times a game. I wonder if we get to more of a normal offense in Arizona this year. If we see McBride's touchdown total come down, he was unbelievable. F f PC players still believe in him. Obviously at the slam dunk first round pick. You know my thoughts on McBride, and certainly he could have a big season this year. But I'm telling you, I don't know if I'm right about this or not. But I will say, as far as the Mount rushmore of offenses to watch in twenty twenty six go, the Cardinals are right up there. Because I don't know how it's gonna go fair enough. I'll take that, Farrell, you will take that, and you will give the final question to one donald'connell tonight right.
Speaker 3: Now, we don I'll tell you what. They're gonna love you in Kentucky when you're gonna get here, we're gonna expect you to take a stand. And you haven't drafted much there. You haven't drafted any this year, which makes it fantastic. We wanted to have somebody that came on that that wasn't biased about all the drafts he's been doing.
Speaker 1: And I think you've done.
Speaker 3: A great job tonight, So tell us tell everyone that's drafted this player, the player they shouldn't have drafted, tell the mood is and then tell the player is you're going to target In every single.
Speaker 4: I'm I added I I did extra credit on this one. I'll give you a few. So I'm drafting Allan quarterback Alan or Lamar. I'm not drafting Love or Henry. I'm not drafting Jefferson.
Speaker 3: That's the Henry of the Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Ravens for the Cardinals, Jeremiah Love for the Cardinals. I'm not drafting Travon he doesn't even have the job. I'm not drafting Kelsey or Andrews. Those are the guys I'm not drafting. And it's not because they're not any good. It's just that they're too expensive and I don't think they're going to be worth where they go. And then with quarterbacks, it's different though with me, Allan is worth it. But I don't like single quarterback teams because then I have to start that guy. I can never not start him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can never make a decision. You can never play either or with Bonkie you want to play that either?
Speaker 1: Well no, but I mean there is something to be said for that because not only if you are drafting Josh Allen that high, you really don't have the opportunity to manipulate that position every week, but you're also soaking some serious draft capital. And whereas don like I think you and I are of one mind on how we treat quarterbacks and single quarterback leagues, I'm much more likely after the top eleven or twelve guys are off the board, I'll go bang bang yeh quarterback and then try to play matchups. Yeah, sometimes I'll get it wrong, but I feel like most of the time I'll get it right. And I think that is a better spenditure on draft capital at that position than drafting Allen early on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, we think about that the same. And then there's a time about six or seven years ago where I had Josh Allen and it was like the first week of the playoffs or the last week of the season, and they're playing like New England and it was a blizzard, and all he had had to do is get seven Fantasy points and he couldn't do it because the weather was so bad. They couldn't do it seven points. So I just said, you know, I put myself in that position the best quarterback in the league, and he couldn't do seven because of weather, So don't put yourself in that position. Well, yeah, so then the guys I will draft, yeah, all over the place.
Speaker 1: We already.
Speaker 4: You named them already. That's funny, Eric, you did that. Dak and Purdy and Kyler. I'll have them everywhere, and and Dart and an occasion, right, and I'll be flipped off between those guys everywhere. I'll have the I'll have two of them, Chase Brown, Breese Hall, I'm gonna have both those guys and a Dunsa and Abuca. Oh, those are guys I'm gonna have everywhere.
Speaker 1: Do you just real quick on the on the O Dunes? I think because it seemed like it seems like a lot of people are Luther Burden and Colson Lovelins here, myself included. But oh, June's a I think a lot of people are down on him based on how he ended last season, but we forget he had the foot injury. Do you think that was a big contribution into why he did not live up to expectations last year?
Speaker 4: I do, because I think foot injuries are super hard to heal from, and you just can't cut, you can't run. I've had foot injuries before, but now I'm old and I can't run anyway. But but.
Speaker 3: What keeps you off the ladder? The misses keeping you back? And you have something for you to work on on your way to Kentucky. This is Ounker Senior. We have to squeeze the anchor to get into respond. This comes from the team that Hicks and Christian Great Fantasy Players here in Kentucky and.
Speaker 1: The FFPC, and I would like you to.
Speaker 5: Get a a voice activated oinncher designed where when I can just look at him and say squeal, he'll squeal.
Speaker 1: And are no longer squeezing.
Speaker 3: And that that that will sell. That invention will sell here in Kentucky, and you'll pay for the trip the.
Speaker 1: The the inventions that you have had over the years are impressive, even though we don't know exactly what they are. But I will say don perhaps your most exquisite inventions have been all these league championships in the f C that you've conjured up to cash not only the excuse me, not only in the Big Gorilla, but the Main Event and the other f f PC leagues you've participated in so thankful that you got a chance to hang out with us tonight. This was a lot of fun, and uh, I wish you good good luck. Excuse I'm getting Oliver Clempton emotional talking about us.
Speaker 3: Bourbon right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could, I couldn't, but I'll say this. I'll say this, Don, good luck in all your leagues this year. Hopefully we have you come back on in January when you're cashing that million dollar big Gorilla or main event check. That'd be that'd be a lot of fun. Don't be a stranger. Be good. Enjoyed drafting season and thank you so much for being a part of the hs fowered the season.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Gets started.
Speaker 3: Don jump in those drafts.
Speaker 1: That's right exactly. Thank you, Don. Be good. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Donald'connell, nineteen time f FPC League winner. A great conversation with him tonight, so we could have gone another hour for sure with the rocket scientists. Not the first rocket scientists we've had on this show, but but great stuff from him. Farrel. I will tell everybody this a cautionary tale. I was. I'm in the kf f SC Jack Tatum one hundred dollars Sweet sixteen? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Sweet sixteen sixteen Basketball Championship Book.
Speaker 1: And you know I forgot Pharrell. I forgot it was best ball. Oh so I am scrambling right now. We're in round twenty two, I think, and I'm collecting kickers, I'm collecting defenses. I'm doing I love the team and I think I can still make this work even though I forgot about it. But but it let me tell you what a rush it is trying to figure this out at because I'm an idiot and I didn't check it out harder. But you know what's smart is I joined the Vonte Mac Division in this championship. And Todd Aaron, who is going to be our guest on Extra Reps on Friday, is in that league with me as well. That's wonderful, so I'll be able to pick his brain on it. And there's still room in that Vonte Mac League. You can sign up for that. The kff s C main events, the kff SC Draftmasters. There's some auctions on there as well. Kffs dot com is where to go. This was a lot of fun, Pharaoh, Let's do this again. On Friday. We will talk then be good and enjoy your Wednesday. You got it. That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. I want to thank him, donald'connell, the FFPC, Rob Brice and of course each and every one of you. We will be back next Wednesday at nine pm, no ten pm Eastern time. Why do I say nine? We will be back at ten pm Eastern next Wednesday night with the thirty four time FFPC League Champion Stuart Keane. Stuart will make his return to the HSFF. I were very excited about that. That's coming up next Wednesday. In case you missed the Road of his high Stakes lowdown last night twenty twenty three, never too early, Bestball Tournament twenty five thousand dollars, Champ Wilson moy joined me. That was a lot of fun. New Wilson is such a good guy and really sharp fantasy player, so I got to pick his brain and a bunch of stuff last night. You can watch that on any of the FFPC socials or anywhere you get podcasts. I believe if it's not up yet, it will be on the road of his podcast feed shortly. Insider acts coming up tomorrow night on the FFPC Socials as well as the FFPC YouTube. This is gonna be fun. Fantasy Points senior film Analyst Steve o' rourke And if you know, maybe you don't know Steve, but Steve is the guy that Brett Whitefield and you probably know Brett Whitefield from Fantasy Points. Brett calls Steve his protege. So we are getting like next level film analysis which is gonna be a lot of fun from Steve o' rourke. That is coming up tomorrow night seven till nine pm Eastern Time on f FPC Instartter Access and then of course I just alluded to it. Friday night ten pm will be joined by Todd Aaron, the forty time f FPC League Champion, and we'll talk rookies with him, Emma Johnson, Malachi Fields, we'll get into we'll also talk Tampa running game and Jayden Higgins in Houston, what does he make of him? That is coming up Friday at ten pm Eastern time. Big Gorilla, Baby Gorilla Live right now my FFPC dot com. Check that out million dollars and one hundred thousand dollars grand prize respectively. There the Best Ball Tournament up from three hundred K for the grand prize now at four hundred K. No excuse not to join. Join now my FFPC dot com the super Flex Bestball Tournament one hundred K grand prize, thirty five dollars to enter. We still have Dynasty startups and Empire Dynasty startups going on right now, anywhere from one hundred dollars all the way up to five thousand dollars for those entry fees. So if you want to play Fantasy football year round, you can do that there. The main event Early Bird is on. You got about three and a half weeks to cash in on that two hundred dollars off your first team, six hundred dollars off each additional team, and you're entered in the FFPC PROCESSUS Joe's Drawn, where you can compete against the best industry players out there, and we'll broadcast those shows or stream those shows live on the FFPC YouTube channel. Chop Leagues now available. The Guillotine format has hit the FFPC. Thirty five dollars is where those start up and then go up from there and you can win free entries into the Big Gorilla and the FFPC main event. All that available and more at my FFPC dot com. Remember to like, subscribe, comment on this video, share it with the French, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be the next time seven o'clock pm tomorrow night FFPC Insider Access with myself and Fantasy Points Steve O'Rourke, as our friend Vince Dafelino reminds us you are officially over the hump now.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fatasley Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com.
Speaker 1: It was broadcast live and was watched around the world.
Speaker 2: Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I just want to let you know to real quick that the drafts, especially the slow drafts, but some of the live ones as well. I don't you know. I think like it's May six and then a lot of stuff is filling and that's true for the most part. But I will say the uptick in player support and thank you FFPC players. We have seen more live drafts and more slow drafts filling faster this year. The Big Gorilla has seen a huge search. I don't know if that's the early rampage, a rampage, excuse me, or whatever, but trust me, if you want to get in some early live drafts for high stakes Fantasy Football, my FFPC dot com is where to go, because I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that you won't be waiting long. We have a lot of fun drafting with the FFPC this year. Be good, everybody. We'll talk with you again on this channel tomorrow night at seven pm on Thursday with Steve A. Rourke and this show will be live again extra reps ten pm Friday, and then we'll have the live show ten pm next Wednesday. Thank you so much for watching, everybody. Talk with you soon,