Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me, not Bill Handle. Good morning KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Happy Friday to you. Neil Sebadra here with the morning crew. We'll be getting into the headle on the news in just a moment. Hey, Cono, are you knowing, buddy, anything interesting happened today? No, No, just regular days, good old day, right day, rise and shine, Mother's Day weekend. Really excited about that. Yeah, yeah, Neil, good buddy. I don't need to bring up old things.
Speaker 3: Look to the future.
Speaker 2: Aldren, happy to see you, Pala, you see you too, yol So and so how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Coffee is just now kicking in. Sorry to everybody on wake up call.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes it takes time.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it just need a minute. It's all right, yeah, but happy to be here. I'm ready for also ready for Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: We're going to put a site some time later to talk to other Brooker about her Mother's Day comedy. It's actually on Saturday, coming up tomorrow. She's going to be at the the famous ice House in Pasadena doing her stand up. Yeah, because she's a comic and you don't have to call her Do I have to call you a comedianne.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you say comic comedian? I think most comedians are are I don't know, that's like an old, outdated kind of thing. I don't think anybody leans into the comedian or maybe they do.
Speaker 2: Like Vodeville or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a funny lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll talk to you about that coming up. But there's still are tickets. You can go to ice ice House dot.
Speaker 3: Com or I believe it is ice House. Yeah, ice House Pasadena. You know what, maybe I should look that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should have that information. It seems like something as the news talk station. We should be able to have it the ready like on that. That's on me. I've brought it out.
Speaker 3: It is ice Housecomedy dot com. There you go, Yeah, thank you will.
Speaker 2: How are you sir? Good morning, Neil? How are them? Roads? Roads are pretty good? Not too much for your fingers? It's Friday morning light, Yeah, we'll take you. That means people are hanging out, maybe taking you know the missus. Yeah, out for a long holiday weekend, or maybe they're sleeping in a little late today. Oh who would do that? Not a professional? Not a professional.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want I wanted to sleep in late every day this week. I dreamt about it, and then I got up and I thought, I gotta do it for AIMI for Amie King. I'm here. I'm doing it for the people doing Amy so she can have a.
Speaker 2: Vacation, and our lovely Anne, who multi talented, by the way, good morning, Hey. Off the top of my head, do you think you could run a board? Like do you think you could do like if you had to the drop of a dime, you can go in there right now and do Cono's job with the help of what like a monkey of somebody.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was pretty impressive watching Cono walk her through it over FaceTime. What yeah? And Anne was like got it, yep, got it? Now on it. It was very impressive. You know what. That's teamwork. I'm like this button, He's like nut left left, Okay, this button.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed by all of you. I love busting on Kno because the man has like the most insane work ethic. Yes, and he has like uh, you know, because he's a hapfy like me. He has fourteen jobs. Uh. He actually put put it in a resume for Pope. Did Yeah, And she's like, hey, listen if it pays, you know, and free travel, yeah, you know. And he can learn some languages, you know, he'll learn how to say I E. In like three different languages. A lot of Catholics out there, A lot of Catholics out there, Yes, they they they only pro create not for fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have a Pope connection. What I know. I was trying to decide if I should say it or not, but I you know, I'm originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And apparently he was on the board of directors for one of the high schools there that was our biggest competitor at my high school. We played them a lot in like football and soccer and cheerleading. We competed against them all the time. It was a school called Casha Hall and he was a on the board there when I was in high school. So I'm like, I basically knew the Pope, is what I'm going to tell people. WHOA That's what I'm going to tell people. I basically knew him. But people were like what he was in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Yeah, they move around, they move around a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, right.
Speaker 3: I wish it was a sexier connection. But I'm gonna I'm gonna work on it. I'm going to amp up this sexy.
Speaker 2: Me and Leo.
Speaker 3: We dated basically I was only fifteen.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Oh no, you can't.
Speaker 3: We can't do that.
Speaker 2: No, you leave those that kind of haha for Handle. Yeah, yeah, that's not that's not haha, Neil, that's ha ha.
Speaker 3: Do you think Candle is at home going? Oh man, I missed the new.
Speaker 2: Pope you know what, that's the first thing I thought. Yeah, Like I felt for.
Speaker 3: Him because he probably would have been all over it because you saw it was like huge.
Speaker 2: I was just exiting the studio and White Smoke is coming.
Speaker 3: Up with Shannon Yells, we got a pump.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious yesterday. Yeah, she's you you we got one? Yeah we won, Yeah, we won.
Speaker 3: I thought about that too as you were leaving. I was like, oh no, it happened right after our show, and I wondered if Handle was kind of wishing that he was on the air or maybe not. Maybe he's sleeping in.
Speaker 2: And en, I would imagine he's in pain. He's out with foot surgery, toe surgery, so I can't imagine that's fun. Yeah, which you know, couldn't happened to a better guy. All right, let's this is gonna move us right into the first story, lead story. We have a Pope Robert Francis. Is it prevost provost?
Speaker 3: I think it's prevost.
Speaker 2: Prevost is what I would go with. Thank you elected the two hundred and sixty seventh Pope of the Roman Catholic Church just yesterday took the name Pope Leo, the fourteenth first Pope from the United States. And this is kind of a big deal. So you think about it and you go, well, why you know, who cares where they're from. But really the whole focus is that the belief was you would never get someone to lead the Catholic Church from a global superpower because the thought was, well, they already the global superpower, already has global influence. But listen, I mean, he's too much power like it. Well, you know there was a long time that for a long time, the whole thought was you didn't elect a president that was Catholic either. That was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the belief is they serve the pope. I mean, technically the pope could overrule them. Hey, I don't do that. I'm out of the pope.
Speaker 3: What wasn't Italy at one point a superpower country like it in my history?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 2: There, it's a good question. I don't I believe they.
Speaker 3: I believe Italy was.
Speaker 2: A superpower like under Stalin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they were when we were doing all the world wars and stuff, wasn't it that time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got me stumped, kid.
Speaker 3: Because wasn't that And there's like Italian popes, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get I don't see them as a superpower, but that could that could maybe not anymore. Their food's great, just got back in March.
Speaker 3: Okay, serious question. I've been dying to ask you. This olive garden or no olive garden for you?
Speaker 2: Oh I love olive garden.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, me too. People love to hate on it, but it's delicious.
Speaker 2: So well, we should bring this up during We'll bring this up during foody Friday because well because yeah, no, I love myself some some olive garden, me too. All right, back to the news.
Speaker 3: All right, So We talked about this just a little bit. Yesterday Russia held Victory Day. They held a Victory Day parade, mark in the eightieth anniversary of the of Nazi Germany, speaking of superpowers back in the days of World War one and two, this was celebrated. This is usually celebrated in Russia on May ninth, and it is the country's most important secular holiday. The parade and other ceremonies underlye Moscow's efforts to project its global power and cement the alliances it has forged. Chinese President Xijing Ping was there, Brazilian President Louise and Nacio. Did I mess up that up? A lot of people were there to help celebrate Victory Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would have thought all holidays are secular holidays in Russia, but maybe not. Bill Gates calls Doze geographically illiterate. He criticized Elon Musk in an interview with The New York Times published just yesterday, calling the Tesla co founder role in cutting foreign aid as part of his Department of Government efficiency initiative. He says that it was stunning, and he says that Elon Musk is involved in the death of the world's poorest children. Strangely enough, you're looking at a budget of seventy five billion dollars for that programmer, so roughly you know how much Bill Gates worth? One hundred and twelve. Maybe I just through around a couple bucks, just toss a little matter of fact, he and Elon should just like, hey, let's just cover this, the two of us. Let's just do that. But we got to wait like twenty years before Bill Gates has given away all of his money.
Speaker 3: I do wonder why they don't just write a check. There must be some reason. Well, I mean, you couldn't do that the next year. I mean that's for one year.
Speaker 2: I would imagine I'm being a smart ass, but technically you'd have to come up with it the next year as well. True, but it does seem like we don't utilize our money properly, And it doesn't mean that that seventy six billion dollars was going to actually was actually helping properly, or there wasn't fat to be cut or to be better run or whatever. But yeah, it does suck. Yeah, you think poor children would be a good cause. We do have a little bit of breaking news there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some breaking news just coming into the KFI newsroom. Former US Supreme Court Justice David H. Suitor has died at eighty five years old at his home in New Hampshire. The Court announced that today just moments ago. He was appointed in nineteen ninety by President Bush. Suitor initially aligned with conservative expectations, but then he became known over time as a dependable liberal vote on key issues like abortion rights and the separation of church and state, freedom of expression, and federal court access. He retired in two thousand and nine, allowing President Obama to appoint Sonya Sodamayor as his success for successor. So, yeah, we will just be exploring more about his life and legacy throughout the day.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, let's get back to handle on the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So President Trump made this big announcement yesterday agreeing and kind of making a deal with the UK to cut tariffs for the UK in exchange for the UK agreeing to buy more things from the US, like more American beef and ethanol. And they said they will they agree to streamline their customs process for more goods in the United States. But he's gonna leave that ten percent tariff against British goods in place.
Speaker 2: Not horrible, I guess under the circumstances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and you know, Trump is saying it's a victory and it's you know, it's good news, but it's kind of getting mixed reactions in the UK. They're like, wait, what are we getting out of this again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Federal class action lawsuit accuses UCLA's Medical School and various university officials of using race as a factor in admissions. Now, of course there's a state law and even a Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action. So according to this lawsuit, you've got them wanting to do this legal action to stop the medical school specifically of engaging an intentional discrimination on the basis of race and ethnicity in the administ admissions process. So what they're doing, this whistleblower said, is that they require applicants to submit like these responses, and supposedly they believe that they're intended to allow the community to glean just a little bit of information about the applicants race, and then the medical school later would confirm that in interviews and the like can use that in admissions.
Speaker 3: United Airlines CEO has said, we've got a lot of problems here with with the air traffic control systems. You know, they've been having a lot of problems in Newark Airport over the last few weeks, and yesterday Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy said that they are going to upgrade the air traffic control systems in the US. But the United Airlines CEO is saying, listen, this is a priority. It's got to be done soon because more problems are inevitable unless we get this fixed.
Speaker 2: All right. Moving on to the Coliseum Thrice hosting Olympic events. Once the twenty twenty eight games are here, the Coliseum will become historically the first place to do that. So it's been what almost ten years since LA was awarded the twenty twenty eight Olympics. You've got new venues arriving, proposed venues fallen out of the way, sports have shuffled, all kinds of things. But what we do know is the centerpiece is going to be the lovely Coliseum, which I am quite fond of there. I love that little area over there. Yeah, yeah, the Rose Garden. Everything over there is just a maze. Balls.
Speaker 3: So what's your favorite Olympic sport? What are you most looking forward to seeing when the Olympics come to LA What are you going to buy tickets to go see?
Speaker 2: I am going to sound horrible. I don't I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: You're like, you're not going to be watching the Olympics at all.
Speaker 2: I don't care. All right, fair, I mean it will be on or won't it? Just I don't know. It's lost. It's shine to me. I guess it's just I get that, and I know we're not ready here. No, no, we look like garbage. They're going to have to knit the world's biggest rug to brush everything under, and then we got to put on I mean it literally is when guests arrive and you're just shoving things in the closet and everybody puts on smiles even though you've been yelling at each other a little. That's how I feel. It's like Thanksgiving and everybody has got to put on happy faces, and we're just dealing with horrible, horrible leadership and structure and infrastructure issues, and it's like, I just don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's I will. Maybe maybe we'll get a little more excited, a little closer. We get But I hear you for sure.
Speaker 2: We shall see. All right.
Speaker 3: Things are heating up off the coast of Oregon. There's a large undersea volcano signed to say it's showing sign of an impending eruption.
Speaker 2: Oh great, how exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, marking the end of the world. It's known as the Axial Seamount and it is well, it is located on the Juan de Fuca Ridge. That's Fuca Ridge. I gotta be careful, howdy say that.
Speaker 2: It's what the Fuka Ridge.
Speaker 3: It's what the Fuka Ridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna blow up.
Speaker 3: In an area where there's two massive tectonic plates, so yeah, it could cause some damage to sea life there. And it's about a mile underwater, so kind of close for volcanoes like that's not Yeah, that's what you think.
Speaker 2: It's going to have something. Yeah, probably blow up from there, all right, something to look forward to. Boeing now plans to deliver the new Air Force one jets in twenty twenty seven. That's about two years I think earlier than they had originally predicted. We'll see. I don't know why it matters, but I guess this means that if it's delivered in twenty twenty seven, then Trump gets to fly on it. He has, he being the president of these United States, has expressed a lot of anger about the delays and said, you know, I'm just gonna buy I'm going to buy one myself. I'm just going to get another one. I wouldn't rush Boeing at this point now, just today, So let them take their time, get it right, please.
Speaker 3: For the safety of all all right, New York Attorney General Letitia James is being investigated by the Justice Department. And there's a lot of controversy around this because if you know, you know, Letitia James has been calling out President Trump and the Trump administration and for quite a while now. So she is being investigated by the Justice Department. They've opened a criminal investigation into real estate transactions. Someone familiar with the case gave this information to I believe it is the Washington Post here. Let me make sure I get the right, Yeah, the Washington Post. James has filed multiple lawsuits against the Trump administration, which has stopped some of the president's key initiatives. So some people say that she is being targeted because of that. The actual investigation has to do with a signature that appeared on the bottom of a page granting power of attorney to her niece when she was buying a home in Norfolk.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that what that constitute? I mean, if they're gonna do tit for tat and this is going to be going back and forth forever, it's like you did this and you did that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's kind of what it is. I think they're saying, maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of checkmate though when you become the president.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, you know you kind of it is the ultimate power position when you are the president, for sure.
Speaker 2: All Right, House past a Republican led bill that would rename the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America, just one step closer to codifying President Donald Trump's push to rename this body of water.
Speaker 3: I thought he already did that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I don't know what the official channels that you have to go through to rename something, I don't you know, do you just email Google Maps and say hey, could you just do this?
Speaker 3: Or just called the head of Google and said change the maps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he did. It's not on all maps like some maps have it. Pre disease.
Speaker 3: I think, well, I think maybe it's where those maps are based. Because other countries don't have to follow what Trump wants, they can still call it whatever they want. So maybe wherever the map makers are based, they do their own thing.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine it's like that's your uh, that's your focus, and it's like what if what if they other people don't do it? It's like they have to or they're being kicked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well, speaking of focus, you know a lot of people are up in arms about those prices of the eggs. Well, scientists said, we'll take your eggs and we will waste two hundred of them.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I thought about two hundred.
Speaker 3: Eggs on a scientific experiment. Scientists have said that eggs are less likely to crack when they're dropped on their side. I have been reading through this and have yet to understand why we needed to know this information. Scientists are doing science ye things. I guess now they know that eggs laying in the vertical direction is stronger than if you lay the egg down or I don't know, this is weird. Why are we doing this with eggs?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I hope it wasn't like some sort of government initiative. To find out if.
Speaker 3: It doesn't appear to be. No, Massachusetts Institute of Technology was running these experiments. They just wanted to know. I guess what side of the egg was stronger and how much it absorbed energy. Didn't we do this in like fourth grade science class?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was supposed to be a baby Yeah? Or no?
Speaker 3: I mean you knew how you wrap the egg in like a parachute.
Speaker 2: Oh different, So this just in the next study they're going to do is does butter bread land face down? Yeah? So really cats land on their feet? Yeah they do. I've tried. You just keep going up one more story and nah joking, you'd be glad. Amy King is in here right now. She's coming. She's a cat lady.
Speaker 3: I'm also a cat lady though I love I love my cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's other humans in your house. That's not the only thing you come to at the end of that. She is a cat lady.
Speaker 3: How many cats does she have?
Speaker 2: Seventeen we'll think seventeen.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen cats.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm getting her for Christmas.
Speaker 2: She has a small, four hundred square foot apartment. Seventeen cats getting her air freshener for Christmas. It's covered in cardboard. I can crawl on the wall and he's going to kill you. And she probably doesn't want any say this, but she then don't say it. She partakes in the catnip every now and again.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Sometimes on the air. I can hear it. You can tell she's just snatched. Don't cut me off, all right? The founder and former CEO of the cryptocurrency lending platform Celsius The Network, has been sentenced to twelve years what are the odds in prison after prosecutors labeled him a predator who prayed on hope. By enticing vulnerable customers, they risk their life savings and supposedly safe investment. I'm not you know. I think there's you can hit a sweet spot. Sometimes you can get lucky, buy something that you know grows. But to predict this stuff, if it was that easy, you know, everybody would be doing it. But I think a lot of this stuff at best has a long is a long, long way away. But I get it. Kno, Yeah, what are you investing in NFTs too? Buddy? How's everything going on? Making good money on that too? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know Bitcoin popped yesterday the Pope. Yeah, as soon as they announced the pope. What does the pope have to do with bitcoin brings the world like the world is happier. I don't know, but it does. It want to you want to invest in something that is contingent upon a new pope. Yeah, see, that's just that's just gambling to me, And that's fine. I know people that have won money gambling, but don't tell me it's an investment. It's just gambling, just to throw a grand on Black always bed.
Speaker 3: I'm black, always always, unless it's red five. That's my lucky number, Red five, red five.
Speaker 2: That sounds like, uh, someone from Star Wars Red five, Red five, Red leader. He's going down and going down.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's definitely not making it to the end of the episode the Red Shirts.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's that's Wait.
Speaker 3: Did I just mess up? Oh you're right. You said Star Wars, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's that. That is a huge embarrassment. I would like to do over the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Please to a Star Wars fan.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sorry. I know the difference. I would just like to stay that for the record.
Speaker 2: It's right. Star Trek is better than Star Wars.
Speaker 3: It's okay, okay, Oh my god, we need a whole other hour if we're going to discuss this, because I have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Cono, is this what you think about when you sleep through your alarm? You just dream about Star Trek. Don't do that now, I'm doing it all right? Next story ends, it's next. She's laughing. Hilarious story, Neil, Cono.
Speaker 3: Have you been to the Star Trek experience at fan Fest nights yet to see the ship all laid out? No? No, I don't have any money the bridge, okay.
Speaker 2: Fair every day it is a Star Trek fan experience in my house.
Speaker 3: Up, Live Long and prosper Nerds. All right. The FDA is warning the public of I'm gonna mess with this up. Tyana Petine.
Speaker 2: Tyane Patine used, I don't know from the ie what is this stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called gas station heroin. I had to look it up to see them, like, are they really selling this at gas stations? And it's like these it's stuff called like pure magic and it comes in different labels, in different forms. But anyway, they're saying it's a dangerous and growing health trend where people are going and they're picking up this drug that was originally proved to be thought to be like an antidepressant, but apparently it's causing a lot of other serious health problems, especially for young people who can so easily grab it at the local drug store or convenience store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with those fake boner pills. So Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, and North Carolina has banned it. Still legal here in California, Thanks Obama, did that work? Okay? President Trump has a new pick for surge in general, and I don't know how they're picking. Doctor Casey means a holistic medicine doctor Okay, author and a metabolic health influencer. Yeah yeah, los Angele she's from Los Ange from here? Now we should have been able to peg that. Doesn't that sound like someone.
Speaker 3: Who is health influencer from La?
Speaker 2: Yeah, holistic medicine doctor.
Speaker 3: Apparently she has no she's never had any sort of actual practice with any health or doctor services or anything. No real life practical experience helping people.
Speaker 2: Wow, how does that compete with RFK Junior? How are they going to talk all science? Y?
Speaker 3: Man, wouldn't you like to listen in on some of these conversations?
Speaker 2: So I would not.
Speaker 3: I do, like what's going on.
Speaker 2: I having plumbing done at the house, and that's what I want to focus on. That's my worry, that's my I don't want to worry about the fact that we have two people going is it pronounced espars es but aspirin.
Speaker 3: And they're pitching the tummy tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, who knows? Okay what? I'm just a fat guy. What do I know? Alrighty, this is KFI heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.