Speaker 1: This week on the I Racing down Shift. It is the twenty twenty four recap and holiday show. The boys talk about their favorite cars and tracks that were released earlier this year, we look back at some of our favorite moments, and we look ahead to some of twenty twenty five special events. All this and more strap it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the I Racing Downshift. I'm your host, Greg West. I'm back with the boys, Kevin Baba and Chris Leoni. We have a better than average.
Speaker 3: Show today, let's hope.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you make fun of me when I was like, oh, we've got a great show today, because we always have a great show.
Speaker 3: And well, it's the same intro for sixty episodes, sixty yeah.
Speaker 2: Looks over at Sean who doesn't have his mic on sixty one. So I just went one for every year.
Speaker 3: E've ben alive almost almost.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a day. Oh yeah, good times, well, exciting show. Today we are going to do something a little different.
Speaker 3: It is the holiday edition.
Speaker 2: Of the I Racing Downshift. You've heard of the Twelve Days of Christmas. We're doing the twelve things that we thought was exciting and fun in twenty.
Speaker 3: Nine Christmas did you count my outline.
Speaker 2: Tony says, makes me look fat?
Speaker 1: Did you count the outline though, because technically there's thirteen because neither of us, neither of the three of us can count good well.
Speaker 2: But thirteen weeks in an I race.
Speaker 3: That's why we don't work in accounting.
Speaker 2: So fair shout out to the accounting team that are probably not listening to this.
Speaker 3: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: There's a treat if they show up. So we got a lot, We're going a lot to talk about today. We're gonna go through our twelve favorite things that happened through our top moments and favorite things that happened throughout the year. We're gonna talk about some special events stuff for January, some new and exciting things happening during that, and me and Kevin are gonna roast each other, and Chris is going to referee, and Sean's going to try not to throw things at us. How to do that?
Speaker 3: Sounds like an excellent plan. Yeah, none of that's on the outline.
Speaker 1: But hey, I'm on vacation. I gave you a vacation. I gave you a vacation caliber outline this.
Speaker 2: Time, let's let's let's get in you know what have we been up to? Chris on your vacation this week where you've worked every single day, I think, what what have you been doing?
Speaker 1: Man of the people? What have I been doing? I got rid of a bunch of hot wheels at the Savers up in Nashua.
Speaker 2: Get rid of hot wheels?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah. The the overflow situation was starting to get out of hand.
Speaker 3: Are you able to sell them or don't them?
Speaker 1: Do you make some kids happy?
Speaker 3: Look at you? Holidays heartwarming episode?
Speaker 1: We'll go over to We're about to do a Christmas Carol backwards. We're doing the heartwarming stuff at the beginning, and then it's just going to get increasingly dour downhill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. So what about Kevin?
Speaker 3: I haven't done anything nicely that. I guess I need to donate some of my cars or something. I don't know what have I been doing? Well? Thanksgiving was great, we had a great build here, and I racing. I don't know what I've been doing.
Speaker 1: Christmas shopping for your Oh.
Speaker 3: Christmas shopping, I need to do that. Few days's Christmas A week for yeah, week, I got time. It's all good, all good. That's what Amazon's for, right right?
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm heading home back down to Alabama on Saturday. And I ordered this gift for my stepdad like a month ago, maybe maybe six weeks ago, and it was back order of course, right and I'm watching watching like, okay, give me a tracking number. I'm like kind of scrambling. What am I gonna do? What am we gonna do? I got a tracking number yesterday. It's going to be here Friday and I leave Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Excellent? Can you reroute it Friday the day before? Yeah, show up like I misheard.
Speaker 2: It happens, but yeah, excited to go home, spend the time with the fam. Uh. And then we're getting right back into it in January. January and I racing one of our biggest months of the year as far as things to do. We have a new and exciting special event that I'm gonna clickbait a little bit here but not give a ton of details. Our Dale Junior Charity Race secrets out. It's gonna be Mani Stocks at Iowa. It's a team race, and that's all I can tell you.
Speaker 3: It should be fun, should be fun looking forward to.
Speaker 2: Or details to come first week of January sometime, don't if it's the sixth or the seventh, of the eighth, one of those days we're gonna we're gonna say something but really cool announcement. Yeah, but a team oval race and a pretty goofy combination that is actually a ball of fun. So looking forward to that, we have the roar coming back on I Racing, the iration I Racing. I Racing sound great?
Speaker 3: You need some more red Bull or less, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'll start with me bob it, glasshouse stones something. Yeah, so we've got the roar, uh we before the Dayton and twenty four on I Racing and then of course the Dayton twenty four the biggest event in SIM racing or community event for SIM racing anywhere in the world every year.
Speaker 3: Last year, what eighteeny five hundred something like that, thousand of our friends. Yeah, that's pretty cool looking.
Speaker 2: I really think with the growth and especially with the focus on all of the GT three slush d and you know GTP hypercars, I think you see probably twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: I think we're over twenty this year. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that for two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I think we're there. I think we're there.
Speaker 2: So Kevin you want to talk hypercar a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should probably talk about it about hypercars. Well GTGT hypercar. I mean everybody probably knows we introduced the Ferrari four ninety nine P hypercar.
Speaker 2: First hypercar, but homologated with the GTPs just like in the.
Speaker 3: Rules, just like the real world. It can run at all the IMPS events or WEK events and we put them together having some fun with that. The car has been people are excited about it, but there has been some discussion about the car.
Speaker 2: Let's say, yeah, a lot of fun to drive. The question is you know, maybe maybe maybe a little high on apex speed in.
Speaker 3: Certain situations the word on the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and you know that's one of the things that we we are committing are already committing to addressing rather quickly. Now, that's not something that's gonna happen, you know, in before a build or something like that. But our vehicle engineering team can go in the forums and there's it's gonna be a post. I think it should be up probably about the time that.
Speaker 3: This probably this goes out from Chris.
Speaker 2: Lerch who's our vehicle engineering manager. You know, gonna talk a little bit more in detail on on on. You know, what the issues were and how they're being addressed, and how seriously we take this. You know, I Racing, we pride ourselves on being the most accurate and most realistic simulator in the world. Our members hold us to that standard. We hold ourselves to that standard, and we see an opportunity to improve that. Maybe maybe we we we have some opportunity for growth. That's what we're gonna do. UH. Without getting majorly in the details, the tires of the first thing, there's going to be a comprehensive reconstruction of the tires on those cars, UH, targeting, targeting March. No guarantees. This stuff is hard, especially with these incredibly fast cars when you get up around you know, the high end Formula level or the high end prototype level, lots of downforce, lots of speed, lots of cornering cornering speed. To build that these tires is incredibly difficult. The people that work on this work tirelessly. Our partners work with us. I guarantee this. This was not from lack of blood, sweater tears.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth noting though, that the cars are incredibly fun to drive right now, So if you're interested in driving those cars. There's no reason not to right now. Are the lap times going to be a little quicker if you're a top you know, one percent driver, probably in specific conditions, but for most of us, I think you're not going to see much speed difference. I can't get that much out of the car anyway. But the important thing is that they're super fun to drive and super competitive. It's not a bop thing between hypercar or the BMW or the CADOC or whatever. It's it's kind of a thing that is in that whole class. So if you're interested in those prototypes, race them now. We'll just make them better in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, we're really excited about the direction this tire went as far as the limit feel. We were really proud of what it does and the feeling of the car. And that's the one thing. No one's complained about the feeling of the tire. It's it's just we definitely have high apex speeds, specifically in super cool conditions and some you know, wonky wonky setup options. You know, you can't catch everything, but it's something we're gonna we're focusing on. You know, we could, it's not as simple as turning the knob and slowing the car down. And I will say this just from my experience and development, slowing a car down without just destroying how it feels is probably the hardest thing there is to do. But we have some incredibly talented engineers that come from all walks of life. These are folks that have spent time on pitwalls in Formula one, NASCAR, any car are that team can talk the talk and walk the walk and whatever. The important one is there, right, So anyway, I wanted to address it because it is very important to us, and we can assure you that, yeah, the every resource is being put toward, put toward that. Kevin's writing me a.
Speaker 3: Note, No just to me, Oh okay, not myself, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Do you want to read for the class?
Speaker 2: Yeah, passing note. Kids these days will never know the art of passing a note.
Speaker 3: Class.
Speaker 2: You're just in a text. That's things that are lost in time. Moving forward, All right, let's get into Top Moments twenty twenty four. I'm gonna switch the order here because I've been talking. I need a sip of coffee. So why don't we talk about Chris? Why don't you kick it off with your first.
Speaker 1: One, with my first one, NASCAR twenty five, acquiring the rights to do the console game for NASCAR coming out next year.
Speaker 2: With lots of pregnant pauses.
Speaker 1: Well as you you guys know, I'm the only person who's come in without caffeine on the show.
Speaker 2: So it's weird. I don't know how to handle.
Speaker 1: I know, did you hear me like not talking over both of you for the past ten minutes? I just thought, Sean, you no, no, no. But anyhow, certainly, our our partners, our friends at Monster Games, you know who we acquired a few years ago, who've done such an amazing job in the World of Outlaws games, which we'll touch on later back behind the wheel of the NASCAR franchise. They have done so many great games for NASCAR over the past quarter century, and working with us, you know what they've done with their with their sprint car games, you know, with the World of Outlaws games, to evolve on what they had already done, you know, has taken that platform to the next level. NASCAR is going to be the exact same way. We have so many great people working on that project, you know, so many people putting resources into career mode, so many people putting resources into making this the best NASCAR console experience that it's ever been.
Speaker 3: I would say the amount of work going into the soundtrack alone, it would blow your mind.
Speaker 1: So we do not think any of us agree on what should be on well.
Speaker 3: No, but it's important. We all agree. It's important. Every level of detail matters in this game.
Speaker 2: Hoping for shake it off? Really disappointed that's not going to make it.
Speaker 3: Who's going to.
Speaker 1: Write that check?
Speaker 3: Will it have? Molly Hatchett? Wow? Who was that talking on the mic?
Speaker 2: Some some good names that are U. I guess it's all still negotiating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just got a lot of input from the community, a lot of great ideas. Love, love to hear what people want. We'll see what comes out. Uh in the final playlist, I guess.
Speaker 2: But uh, but Myers was teasing yesterday in the marketing meeting. Was pretty solid.
Speaker 3: It's pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course the one week I take off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we did talk about you a lot too in that meeting, by the way, a lot.
Speaker 1: It's good to be loved.
Speaker 2: That's a word, all right. Next moment, this is a huge one for I rasing Rain debuts.
Speaker 3: And oh you got this.
Speaker 2: Why are you pointed?
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure who was going to cover this bullet point on your hands.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, everybody's calling for a fly ball down.
Speaker 2: You want to take rain all you? Oh so it rains and I racing. Now. This is obviously a massive multi year project, and I shoot, I'm gonna blank on this. Greg Hill had added it up. How many people had worked on it at some point? I'm thinking it was like forty or fifty into the lot. Developers a lot different times working on this, and the the reception has been fantastic. I mean, tooting our own horn a little bit.
Speaker 3: But isn't at the point of this podcast being honest.
Speaker 2: I know we raised the bar. Yeah, we did not just make water drop les fall from the sky and lower the grip slider. It was a you know, a physics base implementation of what you know how rain works in the real world. And uh really proud of the team that that worked on that and and and how the community has received it. It is badass. That's the best way I know to put it, you know, learning how to drive offline and not in the rubbered in areas. How cool it is that because we laser scan everything. The puddles just show up where they're supposed to. You don't have to hack it together if you did it right from the beginning. We know where the drains are getting all that to work in conjunction with each other, the the team, the the art and effects team that you're doing the spray, and the sound team that sounds droplets. As you're sitting in the pits. Turn the motor off and just listen to it.
Speaker 3: Rain.
Speaker 2: There's some a SMR stuff happening there. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the rain coming in I racing has been an absolute game changer, and that's not understated at all. It's been fun to watch it in special events. It definitely is added a wrinkline dynamic to the sims, definitely needed so that they did.
Speaker 3: To announce the weather forecast for data on twenty four Is it too early for that.
Speaker 2: I haven't even built it.
Speaker 3: Yes, So we don't know the weather.
Speaker 2: We don't know that as in the real world, we don't know the weather a month out. Now, look at the almanac. That's what it's based right, that is what it's based off.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it all right.
Speaker 1: Not to mention just before we go week thirteen. All the rain stuff that we've been doing in week thirteen, because that's some of my favorite stuff on the SIM all the funny forecasts.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that we thirteenth week wet and wild yet approved.
Speaker 1: I mean, and sim Kana revolutionized Simkanna to have the cars with the rain tires. I got so many rave reviews about the Cleo and the g R eight six rally Cross.
Speaker 2: I'm just smiling it Chris right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look, it's a it's an episode of Downshift. I'm the dirt road guy. I'm not gonna let us go a show without mentioning it.
Speaker 2: I think you forgot to say yes too, though.
Speaker 3: We'll talk.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: That's later online.
Speaker 2: We'll circle back to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll circle Yeah, we can touch on it.
Speaker 3: After the holiday.
Speaker 2: There we go, Kevin, is it me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's next? IndyCar, Indy Car's back, Indy Car's back. Yeah, Indy five hundred. Another Indy five hundred will be on a special event next year. I don't know the date off the top of my head, but sometimes sometime in May, I'm gonna go with Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fixed an opener on separate weekends again.
Speaker 3: Perfect, perfect, So you can do them all. So if you want to do the Indy one thousand, that's open to you. Yeah. What else? We did an Indie Pro Series this year. That was pretty sweet, very cool, some of the best racing we've had in a long time. Car was great. It was a mix of oval and road.
Speaker 2: Good price.
Speaker 3: Fifty fifty dollars. What else do you want?
Speaker 2: Money?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What else do you want? It was super fun. More to come on that for next year, but I would I would say we're you're likely to see that again. No formal announcement yet, but uh, everybody seemed pleased with it. The competitors enjoyed it. IndyCar enjoyed it. They were super supportive, which was awesome. When you have a partner that's you know, reposting, posting stuff about it, you know they're into it. So they're they're getting into the esports. They understand you know that that our drivers, our members are fans or potential fans for them. So there's a nice synergy there. So great to have Indie Car back on board.
Speaker 1: It's like when a band gets back together and they're better after the reunion. That's that's what this has been.
Speaker 3: What happens, it doesn't know, it does. I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan, and I think they were better back in the eighties, but I still go see them now.
Speaker 1: So Kevin's point that rarely happens, Yes, that rarely happens, but it did here.
Speaker 3: So thank you Sean. All right.
Speaker 2: Next next on the list, Christmas Splitting this one. You go First.
Speaker 1: Consoles launched two console games this year, and Greg will talk about the future. But World of Outlaws Dirt Racing twenty four PlayStation consoles, Xbox consoles. We've just announced that it will be coming to Steam. Just announce it this week, which is really exciting.
Speaker 2: Did Chris do that on his vacation?
Speaker 1: What didn't I do on my vacation besides vacation, Yeah, I don't know how to vacation in the world vacation yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And so the point now, when when Chris is on vacation, I don't even hesitate. I just a message because I know he's around to hear something.
Speaker 1: By vacations, because those are the weeks I don't feel like a.
Speaker 2: Great place to work and we totally have work.
Speaker 3: This is Chris's choice. Not not ours.
Speaker 1: That is that is true.
Speaker 3: It's a fault.
Speaker 1: That is it is, it is, it is. My My schedule is just it's like a tight ie shirt and none of it makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: Huh, Okay, you were not off, far far off on your question. You asked him earlier.
Speaker 1: Assume all right. World of Outlaws Dirt Racing twenty four, which eleven cars this time around more and more tracks uswego got added to the game. Houstt's is coming. It's coming hashtag soon, hashtag soon. We know we have people asking Kevin.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kevin told a great story about something, and I sent him a meme and I got them to almost break up during a meeting. It's a Simpsons memes.
Speaker 3: Chris is sending memes during marketing meetings now on Slack. It's not helpful.
Speaker 2: I mean I got called out for those yesterday. I was losing.
Speaker 1: Second game, obviously one. I pulled a lot of blood, sweat and tears into Exocross with the Orontis team. Very very different, big departure from what we normally do here at I Racing. It's a very science fiction kind of space type off road game. Still a lot of fun. The driving physics are still some of the best offerad driving physics. I think I've ever touched on in any game, you know, in any platform, so you know, really love those cars. Obviously. Again, it's a different world. It's very different from what people are used to from us. People are used to simulations, you know. But we can have fun, and I think we're gonna have a lot more fun in twenty twenty five, right, Greg.
Speaker 2: There are more opportunities to have fun in the I Racing ecosystem to come.
Speaker 3: Fun is good.
Speaker 2: Fun is good. It's F word and sim racing we sometimes don't say enough.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's the better F word.
Speaker 2: The two.
Speaker 1: There's the S two. That's what we do in yes two we have fun.
Speaker 3: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 1: We set it up.
Speaker 3: We're going to start charging you for for all these plugs. Put Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Personal League a great advertising platform. What's the rate card for the podcast? Angelo? Angelo would know.
Speaker 3: We're going to get you in touch with Angela.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yes, yes, the office that is literally right next to it.
Speaker 3: And don't worry, we can do like a direct depositor right out of your paycheck.
Speaker 1: Yeah veno, Yeah no, I'll just scoot my chair back when she's in and just yell over, hey, Angela, what's this?
Speaker 2: And then her door shuts. All right, So we have another title. We have loosely announced working title I Racing Arcade. It is a complete departure for I Racing. It is more Mario Kart Goofy, a beautiful art style, partnering with the team from Original Fire Games who brought you titles such as Circuit Superstars and Karting Superstars. Go on YouTube check it out. The art style is fun. It is just fun. It's cute, and so I think you're gonna you're gonna see a game that looks very similar to that, but definitely has a lot of eye racing in it. Controller friendly, no steering wheels. This is It is more Mario Kart console game, right, it is Steam and console, it'll be it'll come out and Steam later next year, you know, consoles Xbox and PlayStation a couple months behind that. No, we're not really sure on Switch yet. Don't want to promise anything there, but uh, it has been. It is just Goofy fun to develop, and anybody that we've handed the controller to uh just smiles. It's a it's an engrossing it's gonna have a career mode and yeah, it will be a really good time. More details to come, looking forward to some maybe some teasing after the first of the year.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Some stills, maybe a video, maybe a video. Yeah, we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Get Alex and Cole on that. Yeah, be good, that'd be good.
Speaker 2: Best in the business. What's next on the list?
Speaker 3: Next? Top moment of twenty twenty four Cook Series, Koch Series, Oh, the Coke Series finale, that's me, that's you.
Speaker 2: You were there.
Speaker 3: I was there in Charlotte at the Hall of Fame. Again. What a great event. This is the third time we've done it, I think third fourth. But it's super cool to have the final event live, top four drivers there, the energy in the room. You know, it's a proper esports finale.
Speaker 2: You need oxygen tanks for moms.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Actually, though, those are some of the best moments. Now, let me think about it. There's a mom. Mom's there watching their son. Most of them are young guys. Somebody on that stage is going to win one hundred thousand dollars plus whatever else they've already won throughout the season. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: And nobody's going home empty handed.
Speaker 3: Everybody's yeah, the top four all getting something, but one hundred grand, I mean that's that's real money. Yeah, that's you know, that's not just a night out on the town. You know, that's real, real deal. So Parker White came out on top. He's a worthy champion. Great series and again just a great way to end that series. Hopefully we do more of that in the coming series. The Koch series is coming back. I don't think there was any question, but we might as well acknowledge that coming back next year, as is PESK that starts in That's not on the notes here, but I thought i'd mentioned it. That starts in January February. So yeah, that's coming up on esports next year.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Chris, you got the next one.
Speaker 1: F F another record setting Daytona twenty four. Yes, it was we alluded to earlier.
Speaker 2: Could you've read that off any more monitors?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're asking the guy who normally does five minute races to talk about the twenty four hour one. But here we'll pull up the stats for this year's twenty twenty four I Racing Daytona twenty four powered by Vco.
Speaker 3: Ding Friend's not here it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, more than eighteen thousand, five hundred total drivers, just under sixteen thousand uniques. We're gonna get it above sixteen thousand euniques this year.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: We are absolutely more than four thousand teams. We had ninety five splits.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of splits, everybody. Okay, we're gonna do The price is right on miles completed.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I know this number, but it's eight million a year ago.
Speaker 1: No, Kevin, you're locking in an eight million, Greg, eight.
Speaker 2: Million and one.
Speaker 1: I hate when people do that, but you win because of it. Ten million, two hundred and twenty eight thousand, one hundred and eighteen zero point fifty two.
Speaker 3: I have to say my eight million, million and one was a little closer. I was a little closer. Yeah, I'm not buying you lunch today, a friend? Are you?
Speaker 1: This was the first time we had the full mc GTP lineup, so obviously going to be exciting next year with some of the lineup changes to the vehicles, which Greg, you.
Speaker 3: Can teen cars in this years car will be part of it. We've got one or two more GT three's. What do we I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's ten of them now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so's a lot of Carskra.
Speaker 2: McLaren was new Revam McClaren, but there was a McLaren.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's the newer McLaren. And thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you know this.
Speaker 1: Will be the first one for the Corvette and the Mustang too, right in GT.
Speaker 3: Three the dark Horse Mustang. Yes, yes, right, yeah, thank you Sean Man.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four was a long year.
Speaker 1: We did a lot of stuff out that is, we did a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: No, it's I'm it's when I started here. One of the biggest gripes on I Racing was an aging GT three class and also at the time, I think we had limited a six cars seven was it seven seven? Okay, I'm staying corrected, and with this build sixteen makes racing at the same time is wild and it's just such a cool experience of the variety of things, you know, cars you see on track, and I think that's really special. It's yeah, I'm very excited watching the day till twenty four on I Racing is a ton of fun. It's the one special event I make sure to compete in every year and.
Speaker 3: At least for an hour. I made it.
Speaker 2: I made it like ninety minutes. Last year I got wrecked in an international horseshoe twice. Not sore about it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I listened to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Ah there was we were three wide. Everybody made a bad decision. That's what was it. A couple of years ago, I came in. It was a snowstorm. My computer died. So I drove into the office and it was doing my stint overnight and I was going through the trivial and an Ozzie team in front of me had fallen asleep. I remember, and I got tko't on Twitch. Yeah that was just he was so apologetic, sent me, you know, email after email, Fredy's gonna get like banned or something like, Dude, things happen. Yeah, it's it's pretty comical looking back at it. But yeah, that was that was pretty good. So all right, I'll take the next one. It says FIA Motorsport Games, but really the FIA whole relationship, and it's something that means a lot to me. I've been heavily involved in it. But the regional the regional series in twenty twenty four has been massive, a cool opportunity. Some people really enjoy that opportunity to season overseas and just race on regionally, you know, specific tracks. We did the fi Global Championship, which was an eight race, four weekend, eight race series. We did something new, We didn't announce the track until twenty four hours prior fixed setups. Twenty five thousand dollars prize for four race weekends ain't bad. And then of course it kind of capped off with the FIA Motorsport Games of Valencia. Steve and I were there, and that was such a cool event. You know, you've got uh, you know, fifty fifty drivers from around the world showing up racing. They had twenty rigs and on stage, you know, a thirty foot screen, and that was just a really special event to see the broad range of community members that showed up. And we had you know, powerhouse nations, you know like Germany and Italy, and then you had you know up and coming nations like you know from the Caribbean or you know, from from Africa or whatever. There was just it was a really cool dichotomy and it was surprising to see the people that were competitive, and I think some people like oh no, we're we're fine, and all of a sudden, these up and comers said, hey, it's a race, and so that was a lot of fun to watch. Stephen had had a great time. It was such an unfortunate event, you know, with Valencia. The day after we left is when the floods took place, and that really like hit home. I mean, you know, looking at the streets like we were just walking on those. So that was that was an interesting experience. But yeah, everything with the fire was, yeah, I think, really really special. Looking forward to expanding that next year. But yeah, that's pretty cool. All right. Moving into we got Chris, Kevin and Greg's favorite car and track of the of twenty twenty four that we released. We're gonna change the order up Chris go.
Speaker 1: Oh you're making me go first, You go first. I was gonna go last because I had like an A, B and C just in case all my stuff got taken. Now we're surprising one another on these.
Speaker 2: Nobody Kevin and I know each other's We just left you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like you do with golf.
Speaker 3: Oh do you play golf? Golf?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Well, then this is awkward.
Speaker 3: I'm just to take that, Okay.
Speaker 1: I watched a lot of Tim and Eric growing up. Anti comedy is my comedy?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Car wise, I am going to start jen three supercars just came out a little bit of recency bias here, certainly because they're in the most you know, in the newest release for the season one build earlier this month. But oh my god, those things are such a treat to drive.
Speaker 2: They are to me.
Speaker 1: They're they're like this this beautiful mix of you know, they look like muscle cars, the Mustang, the Camaro. They look like things that you'd see exactly on the street, you know, but you have to manage the tires. You can't spin those tires or you're spinning yourself. You know. There is a lot of delicate throttle inputs to really getting the most out of that car. I am having a blast wheeling those things on the tracks that they're even designed for. Well yeah, but no, I I street courses. I love them on street courses.
Speaker 2: Like anything on a street course. This is thing is called consequences that you know, certain generations don't understand.
Speaker 3: What a.
Speaker 1: Greg hates the kids today, Jesus. First, we're talking about the lost art of passing notes.
Speaker 2: And now that's all right, so that track.
Speaker 1: Track, this one was a tough one for me. I'm gonna go back a little earlier in the year and I'm gonna say Messano really okay, Well, first of all, there's a club road course layout that's two thirds of a mile.
Speaker 2: What do you think that's okay?
Speaker 1: But amazing flowing, you know, nice Italian road course.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I love the road courses where you don't have the little strip of grass between the between the sand traps and the road. Again that thing you consequences, Yeah, I like consequences. I mean I also like, you know, driving the pro two wide and going through the sand is fun for me. But but no, Massano is a great flowing track. It's got five layouts, which is one of my favorite things that we do sometimes when we have a track that we've just got layout after layout after layout on launch. I don't think Aragon was this year, but Aragon was another great example, had seven of them. Yeah, yeah, I mean Hockenheim has up to ten if you want to count. The Porsche Experience Center. It's one of my favorite things that we do.
Speaker 2: Go do Porsche Experience here if you have not driven it yet, if you're on Hackenheim, I force experienced center getting the cup car and just have a ball.
Speaker 1: It is so much fun. But yeah, going back to Masano, I think that was my pick. You know, multiple shorter, longer layouts. I think the top I think the main layouts like two and three quarters miles. So you know, it's a nice it's a nice open wheel track, it's a nice sports car track. It's it's a nice track for anything.
Speaker 2: What about you, Kevin car track?
Speaker 3: Any guess? Was on my favorite car?
Speaker 2: No idea geez one can.
Speaker 3: BMW M two CS That car. I don't know what to say. I love it, absolutely love it, and I think it's such a cool car to have as part of our kind of base package. But the car is uh, I just love it.
Speaker 1: Did you get the interior color change?
Speaker 3: I've not been able to figure out how to get the interior color to match my car, Simpson, if you're listening, apparently best I can tell you you can't paint the inside of it yet, so I got to check it. If I'm wrong, listeners, let me know, because I need to change the color of the interior.
Speaker 2: So there's like the trade to be made with you in Simpson. You know he liked the form of the V stuff versus the interior of the M two. I feel like, a right, maybe I'll reach out to you guys could organize that.
Speaker 3: We could probably do something, all right. So yeah, that's my favorite car, favorite track. I was going through them all and you know, I'm gonna go with the Refresh in New Hampshire. I know that mister Myers made some tweets about that, but I have to agree with him. It's our home track. I've been there a ton driven cars on it and many many types of races for both the road course, the oval, every IndyCar, NASCAR, Sports Car Club of America, PORSA Club, I was up there in September, the BMW Club. It's just an awesome track. Best roval in the world for sure because it goes outside it because it's not really a roval, right, but it's really a fun road course. And I guess I had forgotten how long ago we built it. So when the refresh came out, it's like, Holy cow, it's like a I mean, we didn't just like put a couple of signs up and update the billboard. If you haven't checked it out, kind of worth checking out. It looks fantastic and it's and it's cool. Some of the tracks that we drive on I've never been to and that's awesome, right, It's like, oh, this is a place I'll never get to or haven't gotten to yet. But when you go to a place that you've been to, you know, a thousand times, you really appreciate how much work goes into it and what our our team does to to make these things right. So bravo to to everybody that worked on that and just check it out.
Speaker 2: Go with us. I'm gonna open well guy. Uh, super Formula Light, I think is an awesome car. I love that the partnership with super Formula has been really good. But a little three cylinder to the sound of it, it just it gets me like I'm not an audio file, but that car has.
Speaker 3: Such much good Because we only have one.
Speaker 2: Shot under the bus shoot back for it.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: So no. Super Formal Light a ton of fun, uh, you know, really popular obviously on the service and then portsmow so that is uh, you know, some elevation change is always a good time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're a lot of fun to work with. Great guys, uh, and that was that one. It seemed like it took a little while to get it going and then and yeah, it was a I would say that one. That's a real driver's track because you're you're the track is on all three axes, which is yes, a lot of fun from me.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: So Kevin, you wrote a note.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was going to bring something else up, so I can't even read read your handwriting. This is this uh over the holidays, right so we're not doing many broadcasts right now. Most most of the things are wrapped up. But we do have a bunch of vacation people are on vacation, not a lot of sports. Yeah, most people take vacation and don't work. Chris will be working for the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: Don't racing is a great place to work.
Speaker 3: Totally have with HR after this, but no, But we have a bunch of stuff planned for Twitch uh in the coming weeks.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: So it'll be a lot of highlights of shows. There's what some paint contests, all kinds of stuff. Sean, I don't know if you have the list. If not, it's fine, but check out Twitch over the holiday break if you're looking for something to watch.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun, excellent, egg excellent.
Speaker 3: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: That's all you got?
Speaker 3: That thought. That was my note, one note.
Speaker 2: That was your one note.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I I didn't have the stones to do a Sea Montgomery Burns impersonation, so I was just doing the hands.
Speaker 2: Chris has got his hands steepled and looking at me in a very yeah, yeah mildly.
Speaker 3: I guess finally we just wrap up, right, I mean, everybody, Merry Christmas. If you guys have a good I hope you have some time off Chris and and fine days not to do any work. But Greg, have a great time going home. I know you haven't been home in a while, so that i'd.
Speaker 2: Be yeah, looking looking forward to So we're waiting for that delta. Great, hopefully it comes.
Speaker 3: Through to that Delta one to Alabama.
Speaker 2: I don't think they make Delta one of those small little plays. You're just happy, happy to get there, get on the way. Well, thanks for listening to this holiday edition of the I Racing down Shift. Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere else. Chris puts this thing while I was on vacation for Kevin Bobbitt, Chris Leoni and Sagushan, Greg West and we will see you on the track.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas,